Review of Acorn TV

support@acorn.tv

22 reviews with 5 stars

jamesm1757
5/9/19

my wife and I have had our fill of everyday cable and todays stuff thats on american tv.

Acorn is a breath of fresh air and we really enjoy BBC tv shows.

We have dropped Netflix.

gc140
1/28/19

My wife and I watch Acorn presentations via our Roku device. I seem to recall paying something like $50 for an annual subscription which is excellent value when we factor in the number of shows we have watched and enjoyed. In fact, a few of our very favorite shows are only available on Acorn. We did have a concurrent subscription to Britbox but didn't find any added value so we decided to drop Britbox. I see folks have complained about the application but as we use Roku we can't comment. Certainly we have never experienced freezing, downtime, etc. We would rate content as an 8 on a 10 point scale. Just don't have any notable complaints. Just want more as we are consuming content faster than it is available!

tinat20
8/28/18

I have no complaints but I also rarely use the app. I watch on a regular PC using an old TV as a monitor. The few times I have used the app on my Samsung Galaxy, it has worked fine. The shows are great but it seems like they are very current or from the 70s with little in between. Add more shows please!

jy179
2/18/18

I couldnt do with out it. A family member is in an Adult Home and would be lost and lonely without AcornTV. Keep the wonderful programs coming. Thank AcornTV.

judyc102
1/8/18

Really? I can't believe some of these reviews. We love ACORN. The acting is overall very good. There are plenty of great shows to watch. But I have to admit to being disappointed in the writing on The Indian Doctor. It started with great promise and the acting was terrific with initial story lines engaging. It seemed that it got more farcical as it went on - until the ending was totally ludicrous ! Sorry to see this show go down in flames. Though we are new to this service - we like it so far. And Foyle's War is always a plus -- consistently brilliant !

claudel31
11/10/17

I dont believe that your reviews are honest. I am subscribe to Acorn tv and am very satisfy with the quality of their series, films and documentaries. The picture is always of very good quality and did have receive very good service from them. Also there is a very low quantity of programs not availible in Canada . By reading all of your frustrations over Acorn tv looks like as plot to discredit their good services.

gwend128
6/21/17

I recently signed up with Acorn.tv and had some issues attempting to log into the app on my tablet. I reached out via phone and received great service and help. Turns out I was logged in twice and it was causing some conflict. The customer service team walked me right through the process they were very courteous and professional. I let them know that I really love the programs and enjoy sitting down after a long day of work to watch. Thanks Acorn for providing great customer service and great programs!

susane72
3/28/17

This is by far my favourite streaming site. I love it so much that I watch it every day. The content is by and far British. Fantastic mysteries, dramas & comedies and great UK actors. Quality movies and shows for people who like their entertainment to be always
10 out of 10.

joyceb15
2/24/17

We have had a shaky start with program and surrendered for a few months but missed the PBS atmosphere. Got newest Apple TV for Christmas, EXCELLENT! Like the request a show you would like to see featured option. Appreciate the projected programs and those going away, as it helps to plan watching without the surprise of logging on for a certain program and finding it is missing. Have discovered Lord and Master and frankly hoping for a series three. The early stop, stutter and blacking out seem to be related to the device, not Acorn itself. Thanks

asherj1
2/7/17

This may be the most affordable streaming service with prices starting at $4.99 per month and $49.99 per year. They'll give you a week to try it for free. I didn't expect much because of the cheap price but now i find myself watching Acorn TV more than the other channels.Their customer service was very pleasant and professional the one time i contacted them for assistance getting the service setup on my TV. I highly recommend subscribing.

Tip for consumers: I haven't noticed any system requirements but as a veteran streamer, i recommend having at least 8 gigs of RAM even with a fast internet connection. This will be helpful when streaming during common hours

davidl382
1/26/17

I remember when I signed up for the free trial only to watch Doc Martin, then I liked what was in their content so decided to keep the subscription, but I just called to switch over to a 12 month customer because it's cheaper than monthly and I cannot stop watching all this good videos!

patricko47
1/8/17

For five dollars a month there is no comparison for the value. I have been a customer for a few years now, and I have have enjoyed the countless hours new content every week! I have had an issue with billing once, so I contacted the service department who were able to locate the problem and give me a refund. They even gave me an extra month due to the hassle! I couldn't have asked for a more courteous exchange! Would HIGHLY recommend this to my friends.

paulp140
12/27/16

I got a whole year for under $50. That's like $4 per month, an unbeatable deal for classy, quality content, most of which you can't find anywhere else! Even better, when I gave my mom a gift of a year for Christmas, they gave me another month free. Now I just need more time to watch it all.

cherylk45
12/19/16

Midsomer Murders to Murdoch Mysteries and anything in between I love Acorn TV gives me access to the shows at my fingertips and on so many different platforms.

kv39
12/17/16

I love being able to watch my British TV. I am obsessed with Crownies and Janet King!
You can't beat $4.99 a month. Customer service was on top of it as well. Fast responses.

michaelas8
12/14/16

I have been an Active Acorn TV subscriber for the past 3 years. I recently had issues with My Samsung Smart TV not allowing me to log in with my email address and password. I found out that Samsung has removed our model from the Compatibility list. We decided to purchase A Roku Player to connect to their site. We can't thank the reps at Acorn TV enough for trying to assist us with streaming again. You guys Rock!

wendyc75
12/7/16

I recently signed up with Acorn.tv and was trying to download on my iphone...I called in-they knew exactly how to walk me through downloading the app and even sent a follow up email with additional instructions because I said I wanted to watch on my Kindle Fire also. The programs have been entertaining so far and I am hook'd on the ease of use. Thank you Acorn for providing a worthwhile service at an affordable price that is easy to use for all.

kh775
12/7/16

Thank you Acorn Customer Service. I was having a horrible time logging in. I sent in a request ticket for help and got a new password assigned within 1 hour - I am now logged in and enjoying My Acorn TV!

melissah96
12/5/16

I am a newer subscriber to Acorn TV and thoroughly adore all the programs. It has a wide range of programs to peak all interest.
Being able to view all my favorites on the go is wonderful. I watch it on my Apple Ipad, Iphone 6S, and my PC.

If you've never checked out Acorn TV your missing out.

Melissa, VA

yvonnec33
11/2/16

After reading the poor reviews, I think the problem may come from some of the smart Tv's. If you stream through Roku 1 or 2 the older models which can cost you about $50 bucks or cheaper used, you'don't have no problems. If so, give Roku a call, they will help you connect. This should work. Good luck!

Response from AcornTV T., Acorn TV Representative
We are glad to hear that you are enjoying our service and appreciate the positive remarks on your experience with our services. We look forward to providing you with the best service we can.

AcornTV Customer Service
je20542
9/22/16

I love Acorn and have no problems streaming on my computer. My only complaint is that I don't seem to be able to view any program more than once. Not everyone in the family wants to watch a program at the same time and this limitation (or bug) is annoying. Am I the only one having trouble with this?

bernadettem4
7/2/16

i recently signed up with acorn tv for their 30 day trial and its great. i have had no problems signing in using my roku player. they have some great British tv shows and movies. definitely worth the money at 4.99 per month or 49 for yearly subscription. I will definitely continue to use them and mostly likely sign up for the yearly subscription. Video quality is excellent. I see so many bad reviews but for me its been great and i'm a fan of British tv shows.

The best way to get Acorn is to subscribe through Amazon Prime, if you have that. Streaming is immeasurably better and you don't have to deal with Acorn's dishonest business practices.

By Susan B.

I don't think they want you to contact them. I've tried by phone and email and get nothing but unreturned calls. As for email, forget about getting any help there. They never answer them. The phone number I have found on their website is 888-870-8047, but I have never been able to reach an agent. I have only been able to leave messages which I don't think they listen to. Sorry I don't have something more positive to say.

By Colleen A.

I can't answer re the prime way. I had free prime for a short time and when I checked out their acorntv service I saw that in addition to the monthly payment there are certain series that charge extra for episodes. That is the main reason I don't have prime, all the extra charges. I have acorn on my roku, don't really have streaming issues with that. Sometimes the cc when going back to a paused episode. Only issue is their idiotic new format. But learned to deal. Basically, I recommend roku, not prime.

By lin g.

I was able to set up acorntv on a friend's roku.

By lin g.

A truly worthless service! Unless you have a recently made Smart Samsung TV - the app is not in the Samsung Apps!!! So, unless you want to spend $2,000 on a new Smart Samsung TV - just to get Acorn TV...forget about it!!! There really is not good way to watch British television shows. Period.

By Doug S.

This will be your experience with Acorn for at least half the time you try to use it. They will not help you in any way, or respond to you except with automated forms. Get out now before they overcharge you. This problem does not occur if you sign up for Acorn as an Amazon Prime video Add-on.

By Susan B.

There's a way to contact support through the Apple app store. If you can, and haven't already, download the app and use it to put in a support request. I think they might be more likely to respond because they don't want trouble with Apple; if they ignore Apple customers, they risk having their app pulled from the app store. It's worth a shot. If your Acorn password is fixed in one place, it should work wherever you log in from.

By Cate S.

Questions? Get answers from the Acorn TV staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Acorn TV