Review of Acorn TV

support@acorn.tv

7 reviews with 4 stars

brendaw179
8/25/18
• Updated review

My original review stated the app wasn't up to date, and shortly after I was fed up and wrote it, about 2 weeks later, everything changed. It now stops and I can continue on another T.V. It keeps track of what you've watched. Now if only Apple T.V. wasn't so difficult to use, we're getting rid of that and getting another Roku, which is awesome.

“Love the programming.........but........”
8/25/18
• Previous review

I love the shows offered on Acorn TV. But the app is way behind the times. It doesn't let you resume a show, that's crazy for a streaming app. We have 3 people in our house, and are often watching different programming. If I stop in the middles of something, I literally have to old school it, and pause the program and write down where I left off. It won't even take you to the season you were watching, much less the episode.

bonnieb57
5/28/18

I love the programming on Acorn. Just love it. I dont know where they're based, but sometimes their customer service is rude. Must not be in the US I'm guessing? Like, "no further reply is necessary." Hold on there partner, I'm paying you. I'm not an employee. LOL. I have Acorn on Comcast and they kept telling me their sucky closed captioning was a comcast issue. They emailed me referencing "my comcast issue" and I answered that Comcast DOES NOT do closed captioning for Acorn. It's not a Comcast issue. Then they answered why do you think we're saying it's a Comcast issue. OMG! It is "who's on first," with Abbott and Castello...just not funny.

Then...they sent me an email to uninstall my app and reinstall it. It's a cable channel!!! Not on my PC or cell or tablet. It's on my fricken TV not an Acorn app. Do they have cable TV where they are? My Lord have mercy. I've never seen anything like it. Love the programs but customer service is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

susanb192
11/21/17
• Updated review

There are a few glitches now and then, but mostly everything Is fine. Now Im a bit peeved with site jabber because Im required to write 100 characters.

“Love the content but having major problems streaming”
11/21/17
• Previous review

I just signed up for a free month yesterday and I see that this service is basically worthless. I was able to finally watch one episode but not before a struggle. Very unfortunate.

msc7
12/20/16

I love having a localized site to escape the trash of American (mostly reality) TV. Having it all in one place is great, no searching through piles of bad programming to get to the good stuff.

annabelm3
7/28/16

I have a Samsung Smart TV and the only problem I've had is going back a few days later and not being able to continue watching the same show, it just keeps reverting back to the beginning page? I wait a few days then can usually get it back, obviously something on their end.. It is SO cheap and there are SO many TV shows to see that I just find something else to watch. I am British and I love having all these shows to watch in the US, and the ROKU stick is so easy, just stick it in the back of the TV, enter the info on the TV screen and off u go.I had a slight problem signing up on the screen as I am useless at this stuff but I called Roku right away and they got back to me within an hour on a Saturday night.and walked me through it.

sams26
6/9/16

The programs are excellent ,
Customer service has gone from fragmented to none at all I've been trying to get a responce for two months concerning streaming problems

karenr102
4/20/16

Although I enjoy some of the shows they offer, what I don't enjoy is the fact that the show I am watching all of a sudden jumps to the end, or it just stops anywhere in between. This happens on a regular basis.

The best way to get Acorn is to subscribe through Amazon Prime, if you have that. Streaming is immeasurably better and you don't have to deal with Acorn's dishonest business practices.

By Susan B.

I don't think they want you to contact them. I've tried by phone and email and get nothing but unreturned calls. As for email, forget about getting any help there. They never answer them. The phone number I have found on their website is 888-870-8047, but I have never been able to reach an agent. I have only been able to leave messages which I don't think they listen to. Sorry I don't have something more positive to say.

By Colleen A.

I can't answer re the prime way. I had free prime for a short time and when I checked out their acorntv service I saw that in addition to the monthly payment there are certain series that charge extra for episodes. That is the main reason I don't have prime, all the extra charges. I have acorn on my roku, don't really have streaming issues with that. Sometimes the cc when going back to a paused episode. Only issue is their idiotic new format. But learned to deal. Basically, I recommend roku, not prime.

By lin g.

I was able to set up acorntv on a friend's roku.

By lin g.

A truly worthless service! Unless you have a recently made Smart Samsung TV - the app is not in the Samsung Apps!!! So, unless you want to spend $2,000 on a new Smart Samsung TV - just to get Acorn TV...forget about it!!! There really is not good way to watch British television shows. Period.

By Doug S.

This will be your experience with Acorn for at least half the time you try to use it. They will not help you in any way, or respond to you except with automated forms. Get out now before they overcharge you. This problem does not occur if you sign up for Acorn as an Amazon Prime video Add-on.

By Susan B.

There's a way to contact support through the Apple app store. If you can, and haven't already, download the app and use it to put in a support request. I think they might be more likely to respond because they don't want trouble with Apple; if they ignore Apple customers, they risk having their app pulled from the app store. It's worth a shot. If your Acorn password is fixed in one place, it should work wherever you log in from.

By Cate S.

Questions? Get answers from the Acorn TV staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Acorn TV