AARP

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

AARP has a consumer rating of 2.57 stars from 130 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. AARP also ranks 1st among Retirement sites. The most common issues with AARP are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 2.4%

• AARP's customer service is horrible in the state of AZ.
  • Car insurance and health insurance cheaper if you dont go through aarp.
  • It took me 3 years to realize where all of these calls were orignating from.
How would you rate AARP?

“Representative Ethan”

M G.
3/5/20

After speaking to a representative named Ethan I feel compelled to let you know that you have a very well spoken patient thorough and all-around a pleasure to speak to representative. Ethan embodies the definition of great customer service. AARP is fortunate to have this caliber of representation. As I am well-versed in customer service I feel the need to express the importance of his performance, which was absolutely flawless. It should not go unnoticed by the company. I hope that do you agree and are in the practice of giving praise and acknowledging a great performance on the part of one representing your brand. Thank you so much Mariblanca Gutierrez

“Worthless membership!”

Cindi M.
5/31/20

I do not recommend purchasing AARP at all!! This is the best possible way to waste your money! There aren't any benefits that I can use. I purchased 3 years. I just gave away my money to them for Nothing! You have to go to specific restaurants to get a 10% discount, which is nothing compared to the prices. On top of that I don't eat out at those places. The free gift is so cheaply made that it wasn't worth getting either! I won't ever renew any part of AARP company!

customer service (11) car insurance (7) 3 years (4) life insurance (4) 3 months (5) auto insurance (6) junk mail (4)
als40
December 10th, 2013
My wife and I have started shopping on-line, the PROBLEM IS that every source has our home address and are sending their own advertising plus the advertising from the companies to which they have sold our address. How do I stop this every day mail box full of unwanted advertising????
45 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

AARP is just not worth it to me. All the services and insurances they offer, are not a good deal. So they aren't doing me or my husband any favors.

By Debbie L.

Yes. The membership is together one account, The spouse and the primary get the same year/years.

By S Y.

I wouldn't signup with AARP for love nor money...and money is what it will cost you and you will get nothing, zippo, zero from them but a "run around" and junk mail. They are worthless.

By Judith K.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the AARP staff and other customers.

AARP is the nation's largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering Americans 50 and older to choose how they live as they age.

tisas3
Tisa S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AARP?

Have a question about AARP?