Developed in part with a grant from
the National Science Foundation
How, long does it take to sell a item on mercari?
asked by Richard J. on 8/29/17
3 Answers
Hi Richard,

Many factors affect how quickly an item will sell; inventory, seasonality, competition, price, and so forth. Some items sell in minutes, some take a bit longer. Here are some of our seller tips: https://www.mercari.com/help_center/category/2/
Helpful answer 0
Votes
Thanks for voting!
Not as helpful
Depends on what you are selling, your prices, who pays for shipping, how actively you respond to shoppers questions, how many other sellers are selling the same product, whether you provide good keywords in your title and description, etc.
I have Products that have sold the same day, but on average around a week or two.
My experience on Mercari is a sell-through rate of 20% so the other 80% are still waiting for a shopper looking to purchase those items from my Mercari Store.
Helpful answer 1
Vote
Thanks for voting!
Not as helpful
Things tend to sell really quickly on here, especially with a recognizable brand name attached to them. Mercari frequently offers coupons to buyers that work to drive quick sales in many categories. The only things that seem to languish on the marketplace are non-branded clothing items.
Helpful answer 0
Votes
Thanks for voting!
Not as helpful
Add your answer
×
Have a question about
Mercari?
Post Review