US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyh60

I sent Zulily customer service a polite email, attaching relevant screen shots. (in 361 reviews)

erikal10

Zulily places a mass order from their suppliers when they get enough orders from customers to do so. (in 1,458 reviews)

angelac28

They will only give store credit minus 'delivery' fees. (in 118 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

nancyh99
4/22/16

I like the products Tunics I got from Zulily. One skirt was kind of cheap but fairly priced and I saw something similar in a store and it was more expensive. Items shipped out in a fair amount of time. So far happy and I would order from them again.

valeries34
4/22/16

Was truly interested in many of the products on Zulily, but, without being able to return anything, that doesn't work for me!! Also read the reviews, very glad I did!!!!

melissag63
4/21/16

Dom items are not what you think. Like anything else you need to take your time and investigate the brands that you are not familiar with. My experience is that I have liked all that I purchased events though I might not like it.you can always sell or give a gift.Price's can not be beat. Thanks Zullily!

cj182
4/21/16

I ordered a Gray-button Accent Layered dress from zulily.simply couture label.I wore it twice before the second layer gauze came apart. The seams simply tore apart. I am perplexed as to how the garment could fall apart after the second wearing. Buyer beware. This garment is very fragile and falls apart easy. It retails for $99.00 but was on sale for $29.99.

Tip for consumers: Nothing can be returned at zulily. Even if the quality is poor and you are dissatisfied. Buyer beware. Buyer beware. This garment is very fragile and falls apart easy. It retails for $99.00 but was on sale for $29.99.

kates73
4/20/16

The merchandise I ordered from this site took 19 days to arrive and was pure garbage.
Beware!

aylaa
4/19/16

Reading from the reviews, it seems many people have had terrible experiences, however, this is about how my experience went. For me, it went fine. I had no issues checking out, even got a little discount, item arrived intact, just as pictured, and in a fairly good amount of time.

I myself bought a Contigo water bottle, it was a final sale, so those can go terrible. This didn't go bad at all, came quickly, wasn't damaged, and was just as in the ad.

Quite happy with my purchase, but seeing what other say, will probably be my last one, sadly.

rhong
4/19/16

THE CLOTHING IS CHEAPLY MADE FOR THE COST YOU PAY. THE SHIRTS I ORDERED WERE SO DIVERSE WITH THE FIT. SOME TOO BIG SOME TOO SMALL AND THEN YOU CANT RETURN THIS MESS.

DO NOT ORDER IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO. WHAT KIND OF PLACE WONT TAKE RETURNS.

suzannem42
4/18/16

I ordered a purple tunic almost a year ago. I believe I paid a little more for shipping & handling (I live in Canada), I got the blouse (tunic) that I ordered. I did have to wait 2-3 months to get it, it fit me perfectly and was not a cheaply made, wrong size piece of crap I got from a Chinese based company a few days ago. I hope to make another purchase sometime in the future, and I hope Zulily that more positive reviews keep showing up on this site.

S.M.

marilynb37
4/16/16

Shopping at zulily based on their guidance I purchased several items only one fit (because it was stretchy knit material - cardigan). The dress I paid 20.00 dollars for can be purchased a Ross, Marshalls or TJ Maxx for 10-12 dollars. The material for the other item were extremely cheap...I can get much better quality at the same price when I shop for the sale at Macys and Nordstrom Rack. Trust me save your money and don't shop this company; and to top it off they don't give refunds...only credit for future purchased with them.

inaw2
4/15/16

if it were not for males, the cute little girls seen on the commercials would not exist! You know... Up&down. Ham&cheese. Girls&boys. Balancing act.
Where are the boys!!?

beatet
4/15/16

What I received looks different from the pictures. The sizing is all wrong. The oversized top I ordered is short and tight. The other top I ordered I can throw away. It is supposed to be a large but not even extra small. It may fit a 8 year old child. What a waste of money

mariac138
4/15/16

I really wish I had read these reviews first. What junk! I even "contacted" the company to complain about the extremely low quality (but high prices). Do you know what the reply was? "We hope you're enjoying your products." Um...did they even read my email? Evidently not! I'm dreading the other two products I purchased. Seriously a huge waste of money.

nadiah8
4/15/16

Don't believe about there shipping1_2 days , plus i invited 2 friends to zulily and they wouldn't give me 15 $ credit back ...never order from them again

mochhal
4/15/16

The prices and pictures of the products are deceiving. I honestly believe all the companies and stores are legitimate. But they sell all their defective and damaged products through Zulily website. These clothes, shoes, and products are most likely the irregulars during the production process. Rather than dispose them, they are up to the minimal standards to be SOLD. It's the Lemon Law for clothes; AS IS. We good folks work very hard and trying to find good prices for our families but a no return policy is too much of a gamble.
Anyways I purchased a beautiful maxi dress, it was so long and wide, two people could fit inside. I'm stuck. Now waiting on another order I placed. Very disappointed :(

terib9
4/13/16

Ordered 3 tops at $35 a piece, not cheap. Took a month to receive and they will all be going in the trash. One was plaid pattern, but looks like sewn by a 10 year old. Plaid pattern at front & back seam were not even attempted to match up, off by at least 3'. I would be embarrassed to wear in public. Fabric horrible. Second top was same as first, but different fabric which was horrible, cheap, not wearable doesn't breath. Last looks ok until you put it on, them what should be a stripe in center of top is not lined up center of top, but off to the side by about 2'. Will absolutely never order from this crooked company again, you might as well shop at the dollar store and save hundreds.

patriciad78
4/12/16

I ordered a pair of Carlos Santana peep toe boots it took almost 3 weeks to receive my package and when I did....they sent me these hideous BAMBOO sandles Nothing at all what I ordered no resemblance COMPLETELY different shoe that I wouldn't have ordered... RUN FROM THIS SITE!!!!!!

georginad3

I have great luck. Shipping, Customer Service, Products, Everything

miriaml13
4/11/16

Just received my second order. First was poor sizing and tissue thin fabric with poor seams and not even as good as s Walmart. Second order was even worse plus four weeks shipping. This site sucks, wish I had read the reviews. No more orders from me and I am blocking their emails.

cathyp23
4/11/16

I have been deciding for the last couple of months whether to purchase at Zulily. With the no return policy it truly is a gamble. Well my gamble did not pay off. I purchased two tops, one was extremely too small the other was horrid. So... I learned my lesson 40 dollars down the drain but lesson learned. I will not shop with Zulily for clothes ever again.

danac52
4/9/16

I can deal with the three weeks it took to get the dress that look so beautiful online. When my order arrived today I was so disappointed. Looks nothing like the picture and the quality is so poor. The dress will be going in the trash and I won't be ordering from Zulily again.

kellir7
4/9/16

I have ordered exactly 2 times. I have never ordered clothes because you cannot return them. The first time, I had to email them to "remind" them to send my order, and another time I waited for the expected shipping time (3 weeks out from order date) and the day came and went. I checked my status. No updates, no email, no nothing to indicate when the order "might" be shipped to me. I emailed them the first time...they just said "no status update, you are more than welcome to cancel if you want to". What the h3ll? That is just what I did. I will never order from them again. They take your money when they don't even have the items, and if something goes wrong, or they over-sell it, they just basically tell you to go pound sand. If you want shoes, order from Zappos. Yeah, you pay more, but great customer service at your doorstep within a day with free shipping? Yes please!

barbarad61
4/9/16

I have not ordered yet but I have ordered from other inexpensive Chinese clothing websites. The clothes are not US sizes. XL is XS. From reading the reviews this seems the case. The other sites were Chinese retailers and took a long time to come in. And the smell. Knock you over. You get what you pay for. The reason they don't let you return is because they are not in this country. Glad I read these reviews. Will delete my app.

ambera26
4/8/16

I placed my order over a month ago, and a date was told me of when it was shipped out, now it is 3 weeks past that shipping date and they continue to tell me the order is delayed and they arent sure when it will be shipped. Each person I have contacted has had different say on it. It is ridiculous! Will NEVER ORDER AGAIN FROM HERE. Do not waste your time

donnac101
4/7/16

I love Zulily! After a long illness and weight loss I needed to rebuild my closet, actually every thing. My daughter taught me how to shop online. Every thing I have orded fit perfect, love the style options and fabric. I'm a senior, Zulily shopping has been a wonderful experience. I called once and the staff was amazing, so friendly and helpful I may be 70 but feel like 17. What a blast. Thanks Zulily for the comfort and style Every thing from the inside out Wish I could give MORE STARS.

chimc1
4/7/16

I made a first purchase from this site and received my order yesterday and I have to say for the price and wait time it was absolutely not worth it. I ordered 2 of the printed tunics they usually have on sale regularly. The quality was very cheap and something you can get from one of those cheap street shops for $10-15. I will never buy from Zulily again. Photos looked really great though as I'm sure there are tricks to make them look high-end. However the actual products look and feel really really cheap. My tunics had a certain kind of awful dye smell too. I'm tempted to return them but don't know if it's worth the hassle.

maryp124
4/7/16

Zulily used to be great, but has gone downhill quickly. The last few orders have been a joke! I ordered a fire pot and a stand...got the stand but the canceled the fire pot! I emailed customer service and asked why I would want the stand and no fire pot. I was told to "gift" the stand to someone I r donate it...seriously!!!!! Takes forever to get your order. Just not worth it!!! Save your $$$

barbyd
4/7/16

I was really nervous about ordering from zulily because of the reviews but I finally took a chance and ordered two tops and a hat for my niece. All three were good quality and well made. There are a couple things you need to know before you buy anything. You MUST go by the size chart measurements, not the size. One company is three sizes bigger than what I normally buy, but it fits great. Also, the description tells you if it's made to order or will ship right away so you have an idea on how long you might have to wait. Shipping does take awhile so I only order stuff I don't mind waiting on. And I don't think I've seen an item yet that you can return. Most the items I've seen say they won't accept returns, probably because it's made to order. I have cancelled an order before and it was very easy. So far I feel zulily has been consistent with what they advertise and the quality is good. Add long as you read the information and use the size chart, you will be happy.

lynnew17
4/6/16

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
"I placed two orders with Zulily in early February, 2016. One was for five articles of clothing, and the other was for four articles of clothing, plus two identical pieces of furniture. I contacted Zulily on February 23 about returning one of the pieces of furniture. There have been excuses and promises to send the info, but nothing has been forthcoming. Every single piece of clothing has to be returned, due to ridiculous size discrepancies. As of this writing, 4/6/16, I have not received ANY of the requested info about returning any items. It's as if I'm the first customer to ever need to process a Zulily return transaction!! Needless to say, I will NEVER shop this website again and will tell everyone I know to choose likewise."

UPDATE TO ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I finally received return labels for all of the clothing mentioned above, but not before I HAD TO PROVIDE Zulily with the dates of each purchase, each order number, each item number and each item description!! I remain perplexed, to say the least, as to why Zulily was unable to access this information via their data base.

Regarding the piece of furniture I want to return, it is STILL pending!!! I was thrilled when, approximately three weeks ago, I received a UPS return label for this item. However, my relief was short-lived when I realized the return label was for only ONE of the TWO cartons in which this item was shipped. These two cartons measure about 4' x 3' x 3' each, and each weighs over 110 lbs. They have occupied a significant amount of space in my living room for more than THREE MONTHS.

It's been three+ weeks since I notified Zulily, complete with photos of each carton's original shipping labels, etc., of this latest problem (I resent the email last week), and I have yet to receive ANY correspondence from them. As I said in my original review, it's as if I'm the first person to ever request a return transaction. In the meantime, I have over $800 tied up with this asinine company.

I say all of that to say this: Stay away from Zulily. Do NOT order from them. Clothing sizing is ridiculously inaccurate. They have no concept of Customer Service. They only grant 'store credit' for returns, and that's only IF they respond to your inquiry.

The opportunities for Internet/online shopping are far too vast to waste your time and money with faulty, impotent and incompetent Zulily!!

Lynne W.

tessb6
4/6/16

I have never gotten clothes from them because I am alway worried about online clothes shopping but I have gotten many pairs of shoes from them and they are PERFECT! Both sizes fit great and one was for a fancy evening and another pair were cute sandals I absolutely love them both!

kimm132
4/6/16

First off - be prepared for a long wait if you order here. By the time the clothes arrive they are no longer in season - in fact I had usually forgotten I ordered them! Quality and fit is seldom as described, and customer service is just a mess. Returns are almost impossible. My suspicion is most of these clothes come from China - which accounts for the differences in fit, quality, and inability to return. Prices are high for what you get. STAY AWAY!!

paigem18
4/5/16

I ordered two shirts. They took at least 5 weeks to get to me. They looked nothing like the pictures, and they were well-worn. The sizes were way off as well.

jenniferl140
4/5/16

I think their customer service is amazing. I've never had a problem with them not handling issues with my orders, but I spend several thousand bucks a year. That being said, I'd say one out of every four things I order is unwearable. The quality is REALLY inconsistent. It used to be that the original price of the items was a fair indicator of the quality, but even when you're at TJ Maxx and you see those ten dollar jeggings with the $55 original price tag on them...it's actually worse here. I've gotten shirts that I paid 30 bucks for and are unwearable (sizing off or too thin or poorly made). I DO leave feedback on every item I get, so hopefully they know when their vendors are sending out crap.

annev3
4/5/16

I am still annoyed with the two shirts that were of such bad quality that they could not possibly be Life Is Good shirts. But looking again at the other ones and comparing them with shirts purchased directly from the Life Is Good website, I believe that I was too critical. My older shirts are also splashy and splattered on the design, so I think that this is normal. With that in mind, the six T-shirts made from good quality material are probably the real deal! So I have updated my rating although still puzzled by the two "rags" that were included!

Received my first and last order today! I ordered eight Life is Good T-shirts. Two are obviously knockoffs and really bad ones at that. The other six must all be rejects from the Life is Good company because the color printing on each one is all splattered or incomplete. I called about the two totally unacceptable ones and was told that I would receive an immediate refund to my credit card. I'll keep the rest because I think you get what you pay for! I should have known better. They will be OK for casual wear, but I would not trust this company again.

brendah21
4/4/16

I've been shopping on Zulily for at least a year now. Honestly it took a while to learn what were quality items and what was really a good deal. Now that I'm a savvy online shopper, I've got many great deals on quality clothing and shoes!! When I order, I read the item description thoroughly. It normally tells you the materials, washing instruction, whether or not it's imported or Made in the USA, and how long it will take for delivery. It also gives you a size guide for that item and tells you if it's a junior size. So if you take the time to read about what you're buying, you'll find some awesome clothing and shoes at Zulily!! I love shopping online at Zulily!!

rebekahb5
4/4/16

I ordered a set of King size sheets about eight days ago. They were delivered in a week's time. They are very nice and the color is exactly as shown on the website. The price was fantastic! I payed less than $40.00 for a set of 600 thread count sheets ! Wow! What a deal!

cindyr48
4/4/16

Not one week goes by that I don't get at least one order delivered from Zulily. I have NEVER been disappointed with anything I ordered. Customer service has always been very courteous and helpful with any questions I have. I have ordered jewelry, clothes, shoes, boots and sandals I have loved everything.

lh41
4/3/16

If I had read the reviews I would of never purchased anything myself and I wouldn't have to rate it 1 star (really 0 stars) customer service is bad the shipping takes forever for the simplest thing and the prices aren't even that great in my opinion

melissal72
4/3/16

I bought a one-piece bathing suit in a size larger than I normally wear. When I received it, I could put the suit on but the thing was so short that it stopped between my waist and my bust - it's more like a suit bottom with straps. I've written to the company but there been so response. caveat emptor!

Update:ZULILY has never contacted me

mikem356
4/2/16

Zulily is a grade A site with many diff deals everyday! They don't actually own any inventory so that's why it may take typically 21days for delivery, it my take awhile longer than bigger retailers but you can't touch their prices anywhere. They place one big order after the event ends and then the orders are filled, sent to Zulily, and shipped out. As to quality, everything is different you just have to know how to shop. I've been an avid customer for years and only had one mess up, at that time the customer service I got was outstanding and they definitely made it right for my children :)

Love them and will be referring them for future reference!

globall
4/2/16

I called - very pleasant person told me she is sending me return label but still waiting.

Since then I have been on pain for 10 minutes twice - no one picks - they have one song 1-2-3 ... Playing hope one fine day I can reach them!!!!!

Online shopping must have easy way to return!

alexm193
4/2/16

Not after the reviews I've read. May be pretty as a picture but the cheap Chinese quality people receive has made me lose interest. Better to go out and shop. Good thing I don't remember my password to my email so now I don't have to look.

alliea9
4/1/16

i have ordered several times from zulily. but it was important going in to know what to expect. i knew someone else who ordered there a lot and was told they take forever shipping. its because they are just the middle man. they host different shops and submit orders and have to wait for those orders to arrive at their warehouse and then repackage to send out. it takes at least 3 weeks to get an order. ive read a lot of negative reviews but mine is good. im very particular what shop i buy from so as far as quality goes, i have received nicer things from zulily then going to the mall and paying a fortune. excellent quality. they have always been lightening fast to respond to emails. they have been kind. they have given prompt refunds and been understanding when i wanted to cancel an item. its the only place i shop now. im totally addicted and i have never been disappointed. they are fantastic and trustworthy. but you have to understand two things...first shipping takes a loooooooooooong time, and second you cant return anything so be sure to use their size charts. other than those, they are awesome and i buy literally everything there now!!!

pb46
4/1/16

I constantly get ads for zulily and always thought they had cute clothes. The only reason I had not ordered earlier is because the require an email to even shop. That should have been the first warning flag.

I finally signed up and ordered from them several weeks ago. Several dresses, "leggings", tunics, 2 nighties and men's swimming trunks. I read the delivery process and so knew to not expect speedy delivery which was ok.

However, what I didn't expect was the absolute lousy quality of everything that I've received so far. The material in the dress (a work style dress) is so thin you can practically see through it. The hem looks like something I did in Home Ec in high school. The tunic and trunks are of the same quality. The "leggings" are actually colored hose.

And the nightie... I took it out of the bag and could feel the material was crap but it still looked pretty cute. I sat in on the kitchen counter and then started thinking, what is that smell. It was the nightie and whatever plastic/petroleum/polyester crap they made it from. The longer I left it out the more overwhelming the smell became so I put it back in the bag.

I spent about $350 in total. That is what I get for not limiting myself to one or two items to try out first. There are still several items that haven't arrived but I know the quality won't be any better than the garbage I've already received.

And for those reviewers saying "you get what you pay for" just remember that they advertise as getting designer clothes at discounted prices because of how they handle the ordering and shipping. What you actually get is very cheap clothes that are not worth the money paid.

crystald23
3/31/16

I've been ordering from Zulily for a while now and yes, it does take a while for the items to come in so don't order anything needing it next week. From what I've gathered the way that the site works is that companies post a certain amount of merchandise on the site for a really good price, then once the sale ends the company sends the goods to Zulily who then send the goods to you. I've had two purchases not be filled, but they refunded my money on one, plus gave me store credit so I can't complain. The other I haven't heard anything yet, but it's only been two weeks. As a mom I really appreciate this site, I was able to get Little Monsters cloth diapers, Droolery and scads of other quality baby merchandise for a fraction of the cost and it shipped in a decent amount of time. I have gotten some clothing that was a little small for size, but I generally order larger than I am going to need so the child can grow into it.

dk61
3/30/16

This was my first and last experience with Zulily. I placed my order 2-21-16 and am just receiving it today, 3-30-16. Unacceptable!! When I sent a follow-up email, I couldn't even understand what they were trying to tell me in their response. One less customer to worry about.

marys326
3/29/16

I ordered 13 items (clothes and shoes) all at once from this site spending $250.00..big mistake on my part. Nothing came together, or at the time they said it should arrive. I received a few items together 17 day after ordering. They sent a completely different pair of shoes then the ones I ordered. The clothing is extremely poor quailty. $20 shirts not even worth paying $5.. Seriously, Walmart has better quality clothing and could have save me a lot money. I slowly received the rest of my order, taking a total of 30 days to receive it all. I ordered everything on 2-28-2016 and finally received everything 3-28-2016..they cancelled one thing I ordered saying they didn't receive enough or was all sold out, 3 weeks after I had ordered it..So now I have everything I ordered,crappy quality clothes and some shoes I didn't order. Yay.. This is a non-return site..(really wish I would have read that before ordering.) They will give you credit for your returns with zulily credit..now I get to order more stuff from them in exchange for what they sent wrong and what I don't like..It won't be clothes or shoes this time..if i get something good I'll write a good review..I would not order from them again if I wasn't force into it.

janeh59

THE PRODUCTS WERE INFERIOR TO THE POSTED INFORMATION ABOUT THEM

AND I LOST OVER $50.00 ON THE PURCHASES SINCE IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO

RETURN THEM FOR CREDIT.

I WILL NEVER, NEVER, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS DESPICABLE COMPANY,

ZULILY AGAIN! BEWARE!! PLEASE HEED THIS WARNING!

ONLY SHOP WITH REPUTABLE BUSINESS LIKE MACY'S, NORDSTROM AND, OF

COURSE, AMAZON.COM.

J. R. MOELLERING, DENVER, COLORADO

Tip for consumers: MY ADVICE WOULD BE TO CHOOSE A DIFFERENT WEBSITE FOR PLACING YOUR ORDER!

amyk60
3/29/16

Worst customer service ever! They sent me the wrong order & getting them to "make it right" was unbelievably hard. Will never recommend to anyone!

joc286
3/29/16

I purchased 2 bras from Zulily. They looked nice in the photos...and even looked nice upon opening the box. After trying on, I finally realized they were cheaply made and not well constructed. BUT>>>even more telling was after washing, they shredded! NO returns at Zulily...they lost me as a shopper.

paulaa25
3/29/16

Zulilys sizing is completely out of whack! The XL top I ordered, according to their size charts, should fit me - a standard size 16 au. It is actually a size 12/14. As they do not have a returns policy i have wasted my money. I won't be ordering from Zulily again.

Tip for consumers: I contacted their customer help - very quick response. " Hello Paula, I am sorry that the sizing did not meet your expectations and I have refunded you for the item. Please allow 5-7 business days for the refund to post to your PayPal." You can't get better then this guys!

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

174 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4 days ago
Add your answer
6 days ago
Answer
cathyr23
A: Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....
5 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

34 Photos for Zulily