US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyh60

I sent Zulily customer service a polite email, attaching relevant screen shots. (in 256 reviews)

kathyb40

You pay once, then get free shipping for the day (or all weekend if you order on a Friday). (in 1,007 reviews)

shellyl13

The ship date they gave me was 3 weeks after the date I ordered my clothes. (in 80 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

janetw22
6/11/15

Didn't realize that Zulilly does not have the products, so it takes forever for them to receive and ship items -about 5 weeks. I bought some shoes, one pair is awful fit, but there are no returns. I do a lot of on-line shopping and am used to prompt shipping and returns if needed. Will not use Zulilly again.

eileenc13
6/11/15

Annoying. I waited over FIVE weeks for my order, which I find is deceptive. I've purchased from many other daily deals sites and get my items right away. The prices aren't even all that cheap also.

I wouldn't buy from them again. Save yourself the headache.

janisj3
6/11/15

The reason this company gets a "1" is both due to the "quality" of their items and their atrocious customer service. I've placed about 6 orders with them total and after this week, I'm done.

Products: Their clothing is cheap.
- I ordered about 4 things with embroidery and all of them are unraveling.
- I purchased a yellow shirt that came with a stain (looks like a blood stain) on the shoulder.
- I ordered two other shirts for my friend and her daughter: one in a plus size, one in a regular size (both sizes were 'free' and part of Ananda's collection) and they ended up being the EXACT same size.
- I ordered three posted that were supposed to be 16" x 20" which is a STANDARD size and easy to buy a frame. They sent me three posters that were 17" x 21" which is IMPOSSIBLE to frame without buying a custom frame at Michael's or Joann's.

NONE OF THESE ARE RETURNABLE.

The last thing I ordered was over 5 weeks ago: a small hand-held radio from Crosley. It was stuck on the status of "shipped to Zulily" for the last month. I contacted customer service: They said it will be shipped within 5 days. The next day I went online to check the status and it showed CANCELLED. Some employee cancelled my order. They already have my money.

I've contacted customer service about this FIVE TIMES with no reply.

In the past they've also accidently messed up my email address with my account so I couldn't receive any emails from them or order confirmations. They tried to fix it four times and corrupted the account to the point where I couldn't navigate the site: it just brought me to a broken index page.

Just yesterday when they decided to cancel my radio order, someone else did something and my 'newer' account is now corrupted as well.

My friend used to be a huge fan and warned me that items can take 5-6 weeks to ship (regardless of what the site says) but this is WAY worse than the delay I expected.

NEVER AGAIN.

Tip for consumers: If you attempt to submit a inquiry via email, expect that they will not read your email and send you a pre-written email instead. You cannot reach the same customer service person twice and most of the time, they stop responding.

Example:
Me: I'm not receiving email confirmations when I place an order.
Them: Have you logged in to check your email? You should do that. You're getting the confirmations.
Me: Yes, I'm in my email now, that's how I'm emailing you. They're not going to spam,

karenf43
6/8/15

Awful garment construction and cheap materials. You never know what you're getting.

joand17
6/8/15

This is the worst source for clothing? Very very cheap materials and terrible construction . In fact they sell items sewn partially inside out and upside down! It was hair raising trying to figure it out. I sew and couldn't believe it.

jamesc222
6/8/15

Nice merchandise but on my first purchase it is deceiving on the date it will ship. I assumed it would ship like everything I have purchased online - quick! However, I placed the order and 3 days later they send me an email on "How Zulily Works" which told me it normally ships within 12 to 15 days!!! Tell me that when I bought it and I probably would not place the order. On top of that, I called Zulily and they inform me that my shipping dat is 6/23/15, which is 18 days after I ordered!!! I looked back on my order and it says nothing about shipping time. This order will take about 3 to 3 1/2 WEEKS from the day I ordered it until I received it. Amazon has no need to worry with this competition.

nancym71
6/6/15

I buy a size 8 and 10 at Macy's and Kmart and they always fit. After reading the size chart and seeing that the clothes run small , I ordered X large and the dresses are so tight over my bust that I cannot wear them even though I am a 38c. By their sizing I might could wear a 2X which would fall off of me if bought it at Macy's. If they continue to sell to American women , they need to be true to what our sizes are in the clothes they sell to us. I am very disappointed and will give the dresses to my grand daughters when they turn 12 or 13.

anniew18
6/5/15

I've been shopping at Zulily for about 2 years now, and they are hands-down one of the absolute best online companies I've ever purchased from. Just to give you an example of how wonderful they are, the USPS totally screwed up delivery of my order (apparently my address didn't exist - news to me), and the item got sent back to Zulily. When I contacted Zulily, they apologized profusely (even though they did absolutely wrong) AND credited my account $10. Family members have also had items break or wear out early, and even though Zulily doesn't accept returns, they happily credited the account for the faulty items, no questions asked. As long as Zulily is around, I'll be buying from them.

kerstinp3
6/5/15

I want my money back - I never had this bad of a quality. the Fabric is stamped with the pattern and if there is a fold while being stamped that area remains white. I bought four shirts and only one is wearable.
*********DON"T DO IT**********************

angiem13
6/4/15

I was very worried about ordering with Zulily after looking at all the negative reviews (I had already placed my order before reading them). Therefore I was pleasantly surprised when the garments arrived in pristine condition, well-packed and good quality. It is true that it takes longer than most online stores (it took just under one month to arrive) but then the site mentions why it takes so long to arrive (as they have to source the items from the clothing companies and then redistribute).

One tip (which is relevant to all online shopping) is to check the material of the garment before you purchase it. If you order cotton/silk/linen they are usually good quality. Polyester is often horrible, even if the item looks nice from a distance. From looking at the site over the past month it appears that about 70% of the companies they deal with manufacture polyester garments, so simply avoid those companies.

cathyr17
6/4/15

I place my order a while ago, I have place 2 orders at different times and I don't even have the first yet why does it take so long? why can the manufacture be a little better on getting you order in an reasonable time?

barbaral42
6/3/15

I have been ordering from Zuilly for 2 years. I have found them to be great. I always go online to the "brands" website and check out the items first before ordering them from Zuilly. Sometimes they are even cheaper or comparable and no shipping or tax. The reps have all been super nice and if I have a problem, they have solved it. I even had several items that did not meet my expectations. They credited my acct. and told me to donate the item. I thought that was exceptional customer service. I am a happy camper.

en1637
6/3/15

I've ordered tons of my sons clothes\shoes\room decor from zulily and never had a problem whatsoever! I recommend it to any and everyone! I LOOOVE Zulily! You save money which means slow delivery but so worth the wait! You definitely get a bang for your buck!

doloress7
6/3/15

I'm pretty sure those of you who are complaining have confused (DRESSLILYS) for ZULILYS..I did and realized thru research and people..There is a HUGE difference! I love ZULILYS! Dresslily sucks! with there cheaply made product I'm very very happy With Zulilys ! And you will be too!! They really listen to you DO NOT CONFUSE THEM WITH DRESSLILY

karenc60
6/3/15

after using sites such as ASOS, Boohoo, to name but a few, my experience with this site was poor. Not only did it take several days before they informed me of the status of my order, but after contacting customer service to enquire about this shipment, I was given a very "not bothered" excuse about using different Vendors. This is a very poor service and will not be recommending them.

michelles91
6/2/15

I guess I take some blame for not reading the "fine" print on the website about how Zulily works. You purchase an item, then have to wait for the manufacture to send to Zulily that will in turn ship to you. They say 10-14 days to ship and another 3-5 to arrive. If you are looking for something you need within a 30 day time frame, this site is not for you. I won't purchase from here again.

paulaf8
5/31/15

At last I have received some things that I ordered a month ago. It was like Xmas when I opened my parcel as I had ordered so long ago I forgot what I had chosen. I am pleased with my goodies which is good seeing as they can't be returned. So..... Even though they have taken longer than a normal order to get here I will probably use Zulily again as they do have some bargains. Mind you,still waiting for some bits to come....can't remember what......if you like getting surprises through post try zulily....if you want to order something for a special occasion within the next couple of months stick to littlewoods....happy bargain hunting.x

jeans35
5/31/15

I have gotten fabulous stuff, at fabulous prices. I've also gotten crap and weird sizing. Plus forget about delivery dates, its always a wait but sometimes its an incredibly long wait (like a month or two!). When they offer brand names (especially shoes, like Dansko), you really can't go wrong with their pricing...I really think you can't beat them. HOWEVER, if its a brand you never heard of, you take your chances with quality. In Zulily defence, they usually do work with you when there is a problem (sizing off or quality poor).

sharonw20
5/30/15

I have gotten some great stuff on Zulily, but being charged BEFORE items are shipped makes me think, they are stealing interest earned on OUR money. Interest that should be earned and put into our acct. not theirs. This is where they are ripping you. Plus they don't give an arrival date and could get 2 months interest frm everyone. This is ALOT of bucks!
The other thing is, they say no returns. How can they do this? I buy something that doesn't fit and am supposed to KEEP it? What should I do with it???

sherrym22
5/30/15

Oh how I only wish I would have read these reviews before placing 5 orders! Keep away!!!! They sure got the Zoo right in the name zulily! I am hugely disappointed! One of orders had a statement necklace... It came BROKEN! I hadn't seen the section saying all sales final no returns until after I ordered... They CLAIM to offer deep discounts... Well the clothing that came looked like it was from a dollar store! Very very poor quality... Made of the cheapest thinnest material! And as far as the sizing charts... I did follow that and one of the items that was a 1x was about a size 8! .... I cannot stress this enough! STAY AWAY! You will be hugely disappointed if you order.

jc144
5/28/15

I've been ordering from zulily for the last year (May 2014) and have had an overwhelmingly positive experience. I just looked in my "Closet" on the site and counted 148 items that I've purchased--which may mean I have a problem, but that's neither here nor there.

Out of those 148 items, I've had 2 instances of cancellations, and 1 item which arrived damaged (cosmetics--I let them know it arrived broken and it was refunded). 1 pair of $10 shoes was too snug. 1 pair of $13 "jeggings" was unfathomably too small and 1 dolman-sleeved tunic was massively, massively big (but I admit I don't think I looked at the size charts so my fault). Otherwise, I have loved everything I've gotten from there, and have been exposed to some awesome small brands that I now follow closely.

Here's the thing: are returns nice? Yes, absolutely. But the reason that zulily offers such low prices on things like TOM'S and Levi's and Crocs and other unique boutique vendors is because they don't provide returns. A returns program is extremely expensive and in the end you'll end up paying more for every single product you order to cover some other customer's exploitative returns.

Secondly, is timeline for them to ship your package after you order it inordinately long? Absolutely! Compared to every other e-commerce site, YES. However, that's again why they're cutting the prices by 30-80%--they don't mark the prices up to cover overstock.

That said, here are my tips for success on zulily:
1. Review the size charts carefully and know your measurements. Be wary of juniors sizing on clothes that may appear to be women's sizing.
2. If there's not enough information/pictures, or the quality is questionable, you owe it to yourself to not risk it.
3. Plan ahead and pay attention to the shipping timelines that are listed on the site. Don't bother if you're buying that cute dress for that wedding that's happening in 3 weeks, it's not worth the stress of not getting it in time.
4. Research items on another site (like Amazon). I often read all the reviews/look at additional pictures on other sites, and then take advantage of the screaming deal on zulily.
5. Call Customer Service if you ever receive something that was wrong or defective. They will always work it out for you.

Good luck!

pa9122
5/28/15

Ordered a top took 3 week to get. Very cheap material would not ever order from them again.

hit38
5/28/15

I have order a pair of pants. They delivered a different pair of pants. :( Very disappointing!

lynnep6
5/28/15

The fact you have to give your email address before entering the site should be warning enough. I read (or tried to) the very confusing and vague T's and C's which was a further warning. After reading reviews on here I'm so pleased I didn't pursue it, I've been caught out before with Just Fab shoes, I will be very wary of sites like this in future and will always research before committing. Thank you everyone for the warnings.

laceye1
5/27/15

So this was my first experience ordering from Zulily. For the me shipping wasn't that long about a week. I did know that I wouldn't be able to return the dress if it didn't work. My biggest problem was the sizing. I am normally an 18-20 and I can wear a 1x-2x. Based on what the sizing measurements from this site were, I ordered a 3x (actually going up in size knowing I wouldn't be able to return it if I ordered to small.). My chest is pretty large but I have never not fit into something that was considered a 3x (that would normally be too big). My chest does NOT fit in this dress. For those who say "know your size", let me say that I absolutely know what size I am and even ordered a size up. The sizing is completely off. I even thought the dress must have been made in China but it says made in the USA. Another thing, the dress was black and white, made from very thin material causing the white parts of the dress to be see through. I'm assuming this site must have a lot of factory seconds and things of that nature. I'm glad I didn't order a lot or something very expensive. I will go to a store that I can try the clothing on or use a web site that I can send items back to if they don't fit. This was my first and last time using Zulily.

tracyh51
5/27/15

Out of the 14 orders I have placed in the last 15 months, 8 have been canceled due to the company they are working with not having enough to full fill orders, 4 have been shipped out more than 2 full weeks late and 1 order - yes one order arrived on time and it has to be the cheapest, thinnest shirt I have ever had.
By the time you pay shipping, wait for your item to arrive, find out that you like it you will have spent more just going to the store purchasing exactly what you wanted, have it in hand and not have to donate a bunch of crap to goodwill because you can't return it.

breeannac
5/27/15

I don't understand all the gripes about the shipping times. They are very clearly stated on the website before you purchase, as is the no return policy for most things. You HAVE to pay attention to the size chart of each item in inches - brands can vary wildly in their sizing, so don't just assume your usual size will be right. If you do this, you'll be fine. Look closely at the pictures of the items, you can clearly see which ones are made of thin material and the like. They often sell brands you are familiar with for low prices and these can be great bargains. If you want to buy clothes very quickly, look elsewhere. If you want a bargain and don't mind waiting, give zulily a try.

sheris10
5/26/15

Don't wast your time!!! It not worth the money when they don't do returns!!!! Ordered 2 shirts... Look like $#*!!! Would send back for the 80.00 spent!!!

hayleyg5
5/25/15

Having read some very negative reviews I was very nervous awaiting my first Zulily delivery. Yes it took a month but then I'm in Australia and was expecting a long wait. My first 2 orders arrived today and I must say I'm very impressed and pleased with my purchases. Everything fits - I'm plus size 18 and finding clothes in Australia has been depressing to say the least. I love the range of plus size clothing and will definitely be ordering again. There is always a size chart to consult so make sure you check.

joanh30
5/23/15

This company should be closed down. They sent me 2 of each item I ordered. The items were so cheaply made. they said before I ordered If the items didn't fir they would work it. They said that I could get a refund with merchandise credit. Do not order from these people.

mariong8
5/23/15

The dress I ordered took while to be delivered. That didn't really matter but the sizing is totally wrong. It is far too tight on the bust and at a guess I would say it is probably around a size 12. I ordered large which I expected to be around a 16. The dress is very poor quality and I will not use the site again. You live and learn!

samanthas36
5/22/15

I have ordered and received a coat/jakcet which looked magic in the picture and was made of dressing gown material!!! Iordered 2 tops for summer and they are very poor quality and very disappointing. I will not be ordering any more from Zulily

giselau
5/20/15

After all reviews, not buying. I will pass the possible aggravation and head aches, I have been there.

sheilas23
5/20/15

I ordered tons of stuff from them mostly for my kids. Except lately my orders were all so bad. I saw some of the items I ordered here at Marshalls for 50% less than what I paid for. Most of the stuff comes from China so you don't even know when you are getting your order in and the quality of the items...yikes. One of the other reviewer is right all the dresses I bought will go to Goodwill and I am out $100. Also, if you were planning to buy a specific item there is still a chance you won't get it. A couple of my items were cancelled by them without any reason after the purchase. I tried contacting their customer service several times and they do not respond at all. Never again...Do yourself a favor and stay away!

dlaijnes
5/20/15

Zulily is different. The shipping IS slooooooooow. And the quality if iffy. I've received items that were worth MUCH more than I paid.
I've received items that I would NEVER wear because the quality was horrid. I donate these items. (is that bad?)
In MY opinion, it is worth the gamble - especially when the item is a national brand.
Like 6pm and nomorerack, and others, it IS a gamble.

teresao7
5/20/15

I am so sorry I did not do my research. Ordered on May 12th -- still being shipped all over the US and don't know when I'll ever get my item.
PLEASE do not order from them unless you are willing to wait and wait, etc.....
I cannot speak for satisfaction of the shoes I ordered, good price, but given the other comments I am concerned now about the quality and true sizing. I'm not out too much if they don't work since I understand there are no returns (I see why, that should have been my rip off clue). When something is too good to be true, buyer beware.

ruths27
5/19/15

The thing is you are not ordering something for $5 you are buying clothes reduced sometimes 75%. These manufacturers can't sell these products at the real price because most are seconds. They should state this then new customers could avoid the site instead of finding out the hard way. Throwing good money after bad comes to mind. We all like a bargain but not if it turns out to be rubbish but looks brilliant in the photos.

melissad37
5/19/15

As a first time customer, I clicked a link in an email from Zulily promising 10% off my order. After ordering $350 worth of stuff, my coupon didn't get processed. Literally seconds after placing the order, I contacted Customer Support asking them to refund 10% because of the coupon. They checked and said that my coupon was valid and that it was their site that didn't work properly to allow my coupon to be used; HOWEVER, they said that they don't give refunds nor will they cancel orders. I replied to every message from Zulily Customer Support and they told me over and over again that they refused to honor my valid coupon. They encouraged me to make another purchase on their site to use the coupon on another order.

I warned their Customer Support that I would tell everyone I could that Zulily was a terrible company to do business with and they didn't heed my warnings. So, I tweeted publicly about what they were doing--and not doing--for me. I got a personal phone call and email from the Director of Customer Support who had a much better response. He apologized for the mix-up and refunded 10% of my order back on my credit card.

When I started to receive the items that I ordered, the other problems with Zulily began. The metal furniture was rusty, chipped, and missing parts. I had to provide photo evidence for them to send replacement parts.

The socks I ordered came, shoved in a box with other items, in the open crumpled mailing bag that was used to send them to their first owner... by another company. The original company's branding was on the bag and the packing slip. The original owner's contact information was on the packaging, the packing slip, and on the return mailing label.

I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM ZULILY AGAIN and would advice everyone to avoid them.

pamm25
5/18/15

Three out of four items gotten through Zulily have been of lesser quality than advertised, and hardly worth the suggested price - much less the reduced prices. However the one item I have been satisfied with was an awesome purchase. Marketing genius, but not at all a consumer friendly business model. Remember- no returns! Truly a gamble. Add that nothing arrives before 3-4 weeks, and that final delivery (in my case) is made via USPS from FedEx, makes for unpredictable package arrival. Not a fan.

magaritag
5/13/15

went crazy over zulily, ordered alot!! but beware, the size charts are way off, and very sheldom found any items true to the size charts, even flat sandles I ordered (3 Pair) size7.5 , 1 works 2 are very tight and small toes right at tip!! crazy, no returns, go through the hoop to get credit, shipping back is expensive, wait for items are long and extreme. wil never order clothes from them again!!!!! and shoes, maybe but will only buy inexpensive so burn will not be 3rd degree!

samp213
5/13/15

Sorry, but think its bull$#*! that when I hit a link in an email on an item I think is pretty, am forced to log in. I'm browsing, and your policy sent me walking

I will not purchase from them and have unsubscribed from the newsletter. Life is too short!

ellenb13
5/11/15

Ordered a blouse from the Reborn Collection described as "white & pink floral paisley tunic" for $29.99. Ok so the description doesn't make it sound fabulous but it was really pretty in the picture. I don't care that it took three weeks to be delivered. But the quality makes me think this was put together by some poor child laboring somewhere on the other side of world. The material is so sheer that you can see my undergarments. In addition the seams on the side are gathered like they didn't know how to see two pieces of fabric together. There are long threads hanging down which I guess they couldn't be bothered to cut. The buttons don't close properly. And finally, it looks like I'm wearing one of those old fashioned moo moos. And worst of all I just discovered it can't be returned.

Tip for consumers: Determine before you buy if the product can be returned. Cause you're gonna want to return it.

andreas218
5/11/15

I ordered what they advertised as a "Michael Kors" purse. I waited the weeks to to get it (which is fine I understand that's how the sight works). However when I finally received it it's the most obvious knock off I have ever seen. The tags are in Chinese, the "leather" looks like $#*!, and the infamous MK hardware is just a round gold piece with some Chinese pattern. I have never been so disappointed in a company. I suggest if you're looking for the real deal, or at least a knock off that could pass as one, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SIGHT.

lucym25
5/10/15

Whilst I'm not desperate for the products I ordered, I haven't had to wait so long for anything I've ordered online ever. I do a lot of Internet shopping, and frequently order from places such as China, but they never take this long. Ordered 5 items on March 25th, four arrived around April 20th, but the fifth item is apparently still being processed (May 10th) This is ridiculous! The clothing product that has arrived is very poor quality, but the other items are fine (though you can't really go wrong with a metal hanger for scarves) I will definitely not be ordering from them again.

tiffanyt14
5/9/15

If you literally want to wait a month before your product arrives, order from here. I ordered on 5/2 and was told "Your product is scheduled to ship on 5/18" Yeah... not what they had posted when I ordered. Well, the good news is, I'll be spending that time waiting for my items spreading the word on not to order from them!

jonesb22
5/8/15

It takes weeks & weeks for an item to get delivered to you!!!!

dec106
5/8/15

Honestly, it is what it is. Delivery is often (almost always) slower--they state in their policy that they do not stock any inventory. Basically, they have to order it themselves and then ship it to you after they receive it. I have been stuck with some non-returnable children's clothes that were totally sized wrong; so I no longer purchase those brands with which I am unfamiliar.. Have I gotten some great bargains? Yes, most definitely. I'm just careful about what I buy here. Also, I have had them be very generous on two occasions when they were not able to fill an order. (Once they even credited me MORE than the actual cost of the item).

laurak56
5/7/15

I've ordered a few items from zulily, most were ok, one toy came broken and we did receive our money back. The last item I ordered was a ride on motorcycle for kids. The item came with directions in Chinese and assembly was pretty tricky. 8 months later, battery died. I called zulily customer service and the girl just basically said you can get a battery anywhere online. This was not the case as it was not a powerwheels battery. Finally found one on eBay. After receiving it, we realized that the motorcycle wires were attached to the battery permanently. My hubby had to cut wires and attach to the new battery. I called the customer service to let them know of the battery issue for future ride on vehicles they sell just as an fyi. They told me to contact the manufacturer ( not possible since the item was from China with no contact numbers in english) when I told her they just were not interested. Does not seem like a safe product to sell and the company does not seem to care. Will not purchase anything else from them!

vks1
5/6/15

I finally received my order 4 weeks after ordering. As to the fit, I am very busty and I ordered what I thought was ample enough size to fit well. They are very tight across the bust. The clothes themselves were made well. But the sizing and style of the tops I ordered were not represented well in the online catalog. I have kept them but I will not order again from this company.

bevo
5/6/15

I pucrhased a blouse on-line from Zulily. I did not realize I was dealing with China and it took 5 weeks to deliver. By the time I got it, converted to US$ and shipping handling it was not worth it. The blouse is the crappiest thing I have ever seen and will not wear it. Anyone want a crappy blouse???

48 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have a pair of Tom shoes for my granddougther, they are a little small, any way to change?
8/27/13
Answer
jonv14
A: If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.
5/7/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I ordered a pair of boots from Zulily that were advertised as having a leather upper. Later, after looking these boots up elsewhere on the Internet, I learned they are actually manmade. I can't wear manmade shoes, and certainly not manmade boots. The boots have just been shipped. Is there any way I can get Zulily to take them back based on their erroneous advertising?
11/30/14
Answer
darquisev
A: If their advertisement was erroneous, evidently, Zulily should reimburse you immediately. Email their Customer Service & they will reply for sure. I encountered 2 or 3 times similar "incidents" and I was always reimbursed. Just tell it as it is, and you should be fine...
D.V.
4/20/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

29 Photos for Zulily