US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

joanneb23

what's out there and what others are buying, I have also talked with customer service at
(in 199 reviews)

kathyb40

You pay once, then get free shipping for the day (or all weekend if you order on a Friday). (in 709 reviews)

chrisb141

At first they tried to make up for it with the $10 standard store credit. (in 60 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ellena5
12/23/14

I ordered a bunch of xmas presents from Zulily and they have the most horrible customer service and the delivery sucks!!! I have called them 4 times to see when my orders will come and they said its guarantee I'll received them the day before xmas which is 12/24, liars!!! now I won't received my 3 presents for my niece's until Monday 12/29 when Christmas is over. Giving me $10 credit wont do nothing, you can keep it!!! I WILL NEVER EVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!!!!

candaceb2
12/23/14

Horrible customer service. Ordered a canvas of a Moose. The photo shown was all dark colors with maroon. It came with yellow, orange, red and Kelly green. So ugly. Given the run around by 3 different service reps. Never shop there.

gails38
12/23/14

Frustrated!! I placed an order on Dec.4,2014. A toy that was placed for 2 young grandchildren and GUARANTEED for Xmas delivery. What a lie. They gave me two delivery dates and now it won't arrive for Christmas. They thought they made it better by giving me a 15.00 credit. I will not be ordering from them again and now have to fight all the other people at the mall for another present.

Tip for consumers: There guarantee for delivery on time is a lie.

pearlh15
12/23/14

Ordered a gift card for Body Shop, and tried to use it. Turns out the GC can only be used on FULL PRICE items. The condition for the purchase was completely undisclosed.

When I complained, Zulily claims it's a condition set by the merchant, they're not responsible, and the sale is final.

This is equivalent to a store selling spoiled meat and then claiming that they didn't realize the food was spoiled, but the sale is still final. If there are conditions for a gift card, it's Zulily's responsibility to find out from the merchant BEFORE reselling it to me.

But no... they wash their hands of it. Poor customer service - do not buy from these cheats/shills.

tracyc44
12/23/14

BEWARE! You will be scammed! I fell for the gimmick deal of the day as I enthusiastically placed my order. I was promised delivery by Christmas, but about a week and a half later (3 days before) I received an email that my package would not arrive by said date and they would issue me a $15 credit to use on their site. They can eat it. I won't ever buy another thing again from them. I've read many other negative things about this company. I don't know even know how they are still in business.

Tip for consumers: Here's a tip. Run fast!

meghanb2
12/22/14

To echo the several other comments below I too am having issues with Zulily shipping. I made an order on the 22nd of November. The estimated shipping date was December 8 2014 and as of now it still is on transit to Zulily. Will never order from here again.

stephaniew35
12/22/14

I agree with everyones poor comments of this site. I ordered 3 items, my first ever attempt to order on line. But their site looks so good, I still went ahead. I ordered the 3 items end of September hoping they would get here for end of October as we were going overseas and wanted these purchases to take with us. Money went out of my account 20 October and I received 1 item only end of November, no idea where the other are??? I have since unsubscribed, not worth the effort or the disappointment!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't bother!!

tonyar2
12/22/14

They are one of the worst online sites to order from I would never advise anyone to order from them . Your order takes anywhere from a month and up to be received. I ordered boots that came and don't look like they did online.It's not even worth returning and going through the whole month's process. China can get your order to you faster than them. They give you one time to return certain things that you still have to pay the shipping & handling for it to be returned. They don't care about there customers being happy. So hopefully this review encourages people to save their money and spend it elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time and money

dl51
12/22/14

You need to threaten them with the following: The Federal Trade Commission (They cannot guarantee Xmas delivery) and reneg on that offer which they clearly post on their site, your StateAttorney General's Office and the Better Business Bureau. Then follow through on those threats! It would appear that they intentionally mislead the consumer by making guarantees which are unachievable...and they know it. Demand a full refund including the shipping charges.

caroll32
12/22/14

Placed a 2 item order Oct. 19th & haven't received it yet. They keep giving me tracking # but that doesn't show it exists. They say that shipper may not track it is only a courtesy. What good is tracking if they don't track???? I paid for shipping & with other on line orders I have placed with others I don't pay for shipping & receive within a few days. I am not asking for my money back & they keep saying it is coming. VERY disappointed. First & last time user. First time; shame on you, second time shame on me.

Tip for consumers: Don't order from Zulily!!!

bandaidew
12/22/14

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ZULILY THIS YEAR???? Double charged on a $75 item, their only response was it's impossible we don't make mistakes and didn't budge when I provided snipit of bank statement. Then the guaranteed by Christmas made it to someone else yet I was told I couldn't have boots until the other person returned them. Somehow your crossed shipping labels are my fault. I have waited a month to get it but just got email it's no longer in stock. Well it was when it was shipped to someone. Now (4 days before Christmas) they state they have to give me a refund. Thanks zulily for nothing. Merry Christmas! It was my daughters present!

Tip for consumers: Poor poor customer service. Hope their CEO gets wind of the amount of money their so called employees are costing them!

sharonk27
12/21/14

I ordered a christmas present on 11/30. It's 12/21 and I just learned it arrived but after we left town to visit family for the holiday. It doe s nt matter if you save a little on the price if you can't depend on getting your stuff in a timely was. They take a y least two weeks more than anyone elsn 0

Tip for consumers: Shop elsewhere. There is no reason to shop Zuilly

lelag1
12/21/14

I might as well put a 0 on this site. On Nov 28, I figured out about Zulily, and i got super excited about the deals they had in there categories. I took the bait, and ordered atleast a dozen items. It said it will arrive on Dec 22 (tomorrow as i write this complaint) Everything seems to be going fine. I checked yesterday night and it said it was PREPARING TO SHIP. I was really surprised about that, since I recently found this site called Site-Jabber (Which got me really worried that my items wont come in time for Christmas) Then this morning (as i write my complaint) i checked Zulily about when my orders came in. It got me furious that it soon said all of my dozen items were under CONFIRMED. This means that my orders were way back to the inventory. I questioned, How does it go back from 'Preparing to ship' in one night? I have a feeling that it never left the inventory.

Tip for consumers: Never use this site.

chenellg
12/20/14

Horrible, ordered a hat and scarf on 11/23/14 the scarf came on 12/20/14 but still have yet to receive the hat. Called customer service for them to tell me that the hat is still in the warehouse and there not sure why it hasn't been shipped yet. Will never order from them again!! If I could I would rate it zero stars.

Tip for consumers: Allow at least 2 months for your items to be delivered.

katiew17
12/20/14

Terrible. We ordered on November 20th of this year with guaranteed Christmas delivery. The item still hasn't made it from the supplier to Zuilily. We have not been offered anything to compensate for the guarantee not being met, our one year old nephew doesn't have a Christmas gift and he's located out of state so now we have to fix that, and they don't contact you to tell you any details. You have to contact them. We were told many times over the last month that it was "on its way" and encouraged not to cancel. "Just give us a few more days." Never order from this site.

Tip for consumers: Don't order from them. We still don't know when/if our item will ever ship. A month later!

loup16
12/19/14

Every time I get sucked back in to placing a Zulily order I end up regretting it. EVERY TIME! Items take forever to ship. Frequently they are not how they were described on the site. Most clothing items are TINY and probably junior sizes. I order a few items 2 months ago and still hadn't received them. I called customer service and they said they were "experiencing shortages" of the items and i had the option of canceling. but no one contacted me. I had to call them to find out. So they basically sell items they don't even have inventory of. I once ordered a dress and they sent it to me in the wrong size but i couldn't get it in the correct size cause they don't do returns... even though it was their mess-up!! Zulily, Im done.

Tip for consumers: don't

melaniem13
12/19/14

I had previously ordered items from zulily and received them no problem. I then saw a pair of brand name boots on sale for about $100 off. I ordered them and when they arrived they were a knock off brand!! I was so angry I emailed them and they offered to return them at their cost and gave me a $10 credit. Whoop dee do. They didn't acknowledge the fact that the boots were a totally different brand just that they're sorry I received the "wrong style" I won't buy from them again.

Tip for consumers: Read the fine print!!!

jolanb
12/18/14

I ordered 4 tops and was quite happy with the results. One top came immediately, the other three came later but not as late as most people say in their review.

Tip for consumers: The sizes are not correct on the chart. I ordered my regular sizing and the tops fit perfect. If I were to order from the sizing chart, the items would have been too big.

maurisal
12/18/14

On Zulily you can find great deals on name brand items as well as good prices on names you have wanted to try but wasn't so sure about or were not available in your area. It is VERY important to read when the particular sale ends for the items you want, some sales can go for 2-3 weeks. It is only after the sale ends that your order is sent to the original supplier/manufacturer for order fulfillment and shipping. Note that some items are not returnable. The problems I have had with Zulily were from my own misunderstanding of procedures. I have been satisfied with all of the name brand items such as shoes, boots, clothes, baby items, household products. I was not impressed with some clothes I purchased during a "blowout" sale. I had never heard of the names, the quality wasn't all that great.
Overall, great website!

Tip for consumers: Stick with brands you know. Give yourself plenty of time to get the item. No rush orders!

lorig8
12/17/14

I placed a large order back in November for Christmas gifts for several kids in my family. Weeks went by with nothing being shipped out. After having to inquire via email, they finally shipped my items but there's a very good chance I won't receive my items in time to wrap and give out on Christmas Eve. A complete waste of money and time, as now I have to go buy last minute gifts to ensure I have something for the kids. So much for thinking I was on the ball by ordering early! I'm an avid online shopper and I've never experienced such a lag in service and lack of concern for the customer. Timeliness and good service mean nothing to this company. I will NEVER order from them again. If you're expecting to receive something within less than a month's time, do not waste your money (actually, I wouldn't trust them at all). They don't accept returns, so I'm out $200. Thanks for adding additional stress to an already stressful week, Zulily! Horrible.

Tip for consumers: Don't order from Zulily if you need your items in a timely manner.

belindac6
12/17/14

It seems that if it will take 3 weeks for an item to be shipped, you should tell me before I order it. Some of the items I ordered before Thanksgiving with an estimated shipping date of 12/13/2014 still have not been shipped. In addition, the site does not have a way to cancel an item (although they did so with a phone call). Sorry, in this age of ihstant gratification, youre business model isn't working any more.

Tip for consumers: Be prepared to wait, and wait, and wait.

sharonb44
12/17/14

I Would give them a zero if it was possible. Ordered a vest never received it got a refund for the vest but they refused to give me a refunpd for the shiping as they said I got free shipping on another item I ordered. What dumb logic. Never ever do business with them!!!

Tip for consumers: Do not do business with tem

poppyn
12/17/14

NEVER AGAIN!!!! Please beware. If you order anything from Zulily, don't expect to receive it any time soon. CS says it takes 2-3 weeks to get the order ready and then another 7-10 days to get it shipped. I should have known better before I ordered a Christmas present which I'll obviously not receive until Mid January 2015.

suna4
12/17/14

I placed several orders with Zulily over the past year. I understand the lag in shipping and I am ok with it. However, twice they sent items which did not meet my size selection. Since the site is insistent on NOT taking returns, I emailed them about the wrong product and that I will not order anymore as they do not take returns. I was not satisfied with the reply I got. They were willing to take back the item I purchased (which was appreciated) but I am supposed to take care of shipping (when they are at fault, why do I need to do that? and I already paid to get this item shipped to me) and they will only issue a store credit. I am holding off on ordering from their site, although I really love many of their items as well as the price. Shopping on their site can get pretty addictive if you are patient enough to wait for your order to be shipped

Tip for consumers: Unless there is a serious defect in your order, they will not take returns. Be prepared in those cases to make a return on your own charges. Keep all the tags, bags,receipts to include with your return. Be prepared to accept store credit.

blakel7
12/16/14

On November 25th I ordered my little girl a strider bike for Christmas. It had been two weeks so I called to see where it was and when it will be here. They told me "it takes about 10-14 business days. Okayyyy so I should have it anyway. So Saturday (December 13th) I call to see what's going on and they tell me it says it's going to be shipped on Monday. Wth I was suppose to have it by then. So today (November 16th) I call again and they told me its been delayed and should be shipped this week. Now I'm furious because we are going out of town for Christmas leaving this Friday and my little girl isn't getting her bike that I ordered THREE weeks ago and still HAS NOT even been SHIPPED. So I canceled my order, went to Amazon and ordered the bike for cheaper and am getting it in two days. Why the heck didn't I do that in the first place. I would not recommend this sight to anyone. You can get the same stuff plus shipped faster and a lot better costumer service on Amazon

Tip for consumers: TERRIBLE!!! Worst shipping and customer service

alisar
12/16/14

I placed my order for two tops on October 30th. As of December 16, have still not received them. Was hoping to wear the outfits at Thanksgiving, now I probably won't be able to wear them for Christmas! I have contacted them twice by email. The one good thing is they respond right away, but the response has always been "The shipping has been delayed. We expect it any day now, thanks for your patience." They gave me a $10 credit toward my next purchase, but there is no way I am going to buy anything from them again.

Tip for consumers: If you have absolutely no worries about when you might get your items, then this maight still be the place for you. If you are trying to purchase something as a gift, or for a specific event, don't bother.

crystalg14
12/15/14

I ordered an item on December 2nd for Christmas. (Should have been PLENTY of time). Its not scheduled to arrive until the 24th...and that's only an estimation!...so I will most likely not get this for Christmas! I wish I had known how they 'worked' before ordering. You wait and wait until they decide its time to ship. Brutal. Not worth the few saved bucks.

Tip for consumers: Don't get anything that you need for a certain time!

stephaniep23
12/13/14

This company does NOT tell a buyer that shipping might be delayed by weeks....even during holiday seasons when we are obviously shopping for gifts. I would Never shop here again....it is unprofessional and discourteous and if I had not checked on the site, I would never have known that my gifts were not going to arrive by Christmas. Run screaming. Use Amazon. Much better and much more professional.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site if you need the product within a couple of weeks.

samanthak7
12/13/14

Placed an order with Zulily for a perfum/lotion package, but only received the perfum. Customer service was very nice and apologetic about it, reimbursed me, and gave me $10 in store credit. Very professional! Also prompt delivery.

jenniferb83
12/12/14

Over the last 2 years I have placed 19 orders with Zulilly. In the past I received decent service and reasonable delivery times. However, over the last year the quality has gone downhill. I placed an order on 11/16/14 and still have not received most of the merchandise from that order. As some of the reviews have stated sizing, quality of merchandise and delivery of merchandise can be really slow. When I called to inquire about my order I was told the delay was to be expected due to the holidays.

nicolem35
12/11/14

Never trust this company. I have tried multiple times to purchase from this company and every time the product that they advertise to sell you, is something different when you get it. Color, description, quality, size, shape is always different. Very frustrating. Customer service is awful and rude. Fraudulent company selling nock offs or defective name brand merchandise.

Latest product was priced on amazon and zappos for $200, zulily was selling for $80. I did my research on the brand, sold at nordstroms and macys. felt comfortable buying it. Boots arrived to my door... size 6 boot with a size 8 tag, color was green/brown not black, leather boot was made out of plastic, wooden heel was rubber. Now what does Zulily think I am going to do with a boot that doesnt fit and completely the wrong description. NOTHING, because they wont let you make a return.

PayPal should not partner up with this company, they are only supporting them.

Stick with Amazon Prime!

Tip for consumers: Trust the reviews

dl49
12/10/14

I did not have a problem at all with my Zulily order. I was skeptical about joining (due to all the bad reviews), but I tried it by ordering a pair of inexpensive boots (ordered Nov. 12, 2014). I had decided that I liked the style so much, I went ahead with my order. They arrived in 2 weeks, which is what I expected. The color was a perfect match to ad photo, and the size was fine. I did not need to call their customer service, so I cannot rate their personnel. So far, so good. I most likely will order in the future, and will most assuredly rate their company again.

Tip for consumers: Use the shoe sizing charts, if available. May not want to order anything too expensive for your first trial with this company (due to all the bad reviews).

tammyw16
12/9/14

I love Zulily. I have always found them to be responsive. You do need to check the sizing charts because since they use a variety of vendors the clothes aren't all the same sizing! However recently I ordered a sweatshirt for my husband and it was delivered in the wrong size. I contacted them via email and within an hour a representative called me and we got it worked out. I have been so pleased with Zulily and have ordered many gifts from the website over the last 2 years!

Tip for consumers: The do ship a little more slowly as they generally don't have the items in the warehouse on the day of the order.

allisont11
12/8/14

After waiting 6 weeks for my order, I received two items of the 6 or 7 I ordered and they are AWFUL, poor sizing, materials are cheap and poorly made. Before I ordered I made sure to check the return policy: "If you're disappointed with your order, please contact our Customer Service team. We are never able to accept returns on intimate apparel, shapewear, swimsuits or rashguards, or any personalized items. Unfortunately we are also unable to facilitate exchanges." I didn't order intimates, swimsuits, shareware, rash guards or customized items and yet the person who got back to me said they don't typically accept returns but would make an acceptation for these items, and that they could not guarantee the same for the other items I ordered at the same time but still have not received. IRRITATING!

Tip for consumers: Not worth the discount.

leeannb3
12/7/14

Do not order ANY clothes, boots or anything to wear from them. The sizes are ridiculous and are not even close to being accurate. If you do order, plan on waiting FOREVER to get your item. Go somewhere else, not worth buying from them.

Tip for consumers: They will not return, exchange or refund. Worse site ever to try to work with.

heenaa
12/5/14

I don't like this site, the shipping takes so long and I bought some sandals some months ago, I was so excited but the sandals were made from cheap material and difficult to walk. So, don't buy any unknown brand.

lindsaym25
12/5/14

This site said guarantee delivery by Christmas I ordered my stuff nov 20 it is now dec 5 and still has not left the warehouse. so in other words I wont have it by the time I need it. They didn't offer me any kind of apology or a definite time frame for delivery. It seems the more you purchase the worse the customer service is. I already received all my other packages from all other online retailers even the ones ordered a week later. Not a happy online shopper will not recommend this site for anyone else

Tip for consumers: order months in advance

wonkygirlg
12/4/14

Ordered 3 ornaments. Two arrived damaged/broken. Poorly packaged for shipping !!! Very unhappy about this. Will not order from Zulily again.

daisyp5
12/4/14

When placing my order all on Oct 29, all my items were supposed to ship at the same time. So far I have received 3 out of the 5 items I ordered. It is Dec 4 and my order status for the remainder of the items show in transit. I have called customer service 3 times, the first time I called wondering why I received notification that only one item had shipped, they said it was normal because they were coming from different locations but to let them know if all did not ship by Nov 17. The last two times I get the same answer, that is in transit it will ship in about 3 days. I've still have not received the last 2 items.

Tip for consumers: Do not order from them.

carlaf7
12/3/14

This site is brutally slow to deliver. I have ordered with a few items and it takes months!!! The deals are not that great, you cans find the same item on other sites and get your stuff delivered in half the time. Absolutely not worth the hassle or wait. I also bought clothing items and the sizing was so off ( I am an average 12) that my gf that is a size 5 could not fit them. There was no option to return. A total rip off.

deeg21
12/3/14

BEWARE - what a rip off, ordered two jackets in a large because I wear sweaters under my coats here in Denver. My 12 yr old son could not even wear them they were so small. The puffer jacket stitching was so bad it looked worse than my middle school sewing assignment. Then I was told that I would have to pay to ship back and would get a store credit for the cost of the jackets only. Since I will never order from this crappy place again then no need for store credit. Will drop off jackets at homeless shelter, maybe a small child car wear these.

Tip for consumers: Do not order

pamelar18
11/30/14

Horrible. .DON'T order anything from this site. I order a few things from this site. They have taken my money, but I have not received the merchandise. It have been over 6 weeks. HORRIBLE business practices.
Don't other anything.

sc1616
11/26/14

I have mixed feelings about Zulily. If you know what brand you are buying, you can get some ok deals, but never buy clothes that aren't a brand name. They are Asian sizes maybe? At any rate, they are very, very small and poor quality. I have bought several items of clothes, a sweater, skirt, and dress, and I even purchased up a size, and they were still way too small, not even close. The shipping takes forever, so don't be in a hurry to get anything.

hayleyl5
11/26/14

I was a first (and last) time Zulily customer. Order takes a long time to ship and the quality of the clothing is horrible. Everything I ordered was see-through and to top it all off I ordered a cardigan that on the website photo had long sleeves, it actually has short sleeves.
VERY disappointed. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON ZULILY!! TERRIBLE QUALITY! NOTHING LOOKES LIKE IT DOES IN THE PHOTOS!

andyh3
11/25/14

I've gotten some good deals, but I've also gotten some items damaged in terrible packaging (glasses out of their cases and bouncing around a big box with other heavy items), items that were substantially different than the descriptions (shirts by other than the described makers, one with weird clasps going down the arms that you couldn't see in the picture or description), and a whole lot of items that they've suddenly not had and cancelled. Complaints never responded to by Zulily. I'm not going to waste my time/money on them anymore.

allaf
11/25/14

I used to love this site until my last order. Stuff comes in defected and customer service refuses to return or exchange it. will never shop with them again

ghadae

i like zulily.com
very good materials
the price lokes high but better than any web sit sell the same itme
and you can finde low price
l bought dresse was 5.99$ to baby 12 m and l love it
i made 3 orders and i will make more
what i dont love on it dont care about boys
they care about girls more

Tip for consumers: you must keeb you'r eye on it

doonad
11/24/14

Stuff appears to be interesting and well priced. Everything I ordered is poor quality and they are Hong Kong plus size. They are a broker for poor quality Chinese fashions. not plus sized at all. Feel decieved
Will not use again and will warn others

crissyo
11/24/14

I ordered watches for my nieces for Christmas and boy am I glad I did it early. I didnt know I was going to wait a month for them to ship.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you have plenty of time before you plan on getting a gift from this site. You never know if it will take a few days or a month to receive anything.

lisah94
11/22/14

I just placed two orders recently (first time user) and as already stated it took a while to receive the items. However, my biggest concern was their No Return Policy. Reluctantly I ordered a pair of ladies dress boots, which did not fit. But I noticed in some of the reviews that a couple of customers mentioned that they had returned items. How does that work? Please help!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't be in a hurry!

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have a pair of Tom shoes for my granddougther, they are a little small, any way to change?
8/27/13
caryns1
A: Orders placed on the Zulily site must be fulfilled by the original manufacturer first, before the items are even shipped out to the customers. Zulily does not stock an inventory of items they have available for sale. Typically, 48 hours after a sale ends, the mfg ships the orders to Zulily's warehouse, at which time their customer's orders are processed and shipped. Shipping via UPS ground by either party can add up to 20 days in shipping time ... which explains the massive shipping delays.

Concerning poor quality, Zulily ships out to its customers exactly what they receive from the manufacturers advertising on their site ... Z is simply the middleman.
9/13/11
Add your answer
Q: I ordered a pair of boots from Zulily that were advertised as having a leather upper. Later, after looking these boots up elsewhere on the Internet, I learned they are actually manmade. I can't wear manmade shoes, and certainly not manmade boots. The boots have just been shipped. Is there any way I can get Zulily to take them back based on their erroneous advertising?
11/30/14
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

17 Photos for Zulily