US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyh60

I sent Zulily customer service a polite email, attaching relevant screen shots. (in 247 reviews)

kathyb40

You pay once, then get free shipping for the day (or all weekend if you order on a Friday). (in 952 reviews)

marianneg

I ordered 5 outfits and they came about 3 weeks later. (in 75 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jc144
5/28/15

I've been ordering from zulily for the last year (May 2014) and have had an overwhelmingly positive experience. I just looked in my "Closet" on the site and counted 148 items that I've purchased--which may mean I have a problem, but that's neither here nor there.

Out of those 148 items, I've had 2 instances of cancellations, and 1 item which arrived damaged (cosmetics--I let them know it arrived broken and it was refunded). 1 pair of $10 shoes was too snug. 1 pair of $13 "jeggings" was unfathomably too small and 1 dolman-sleeved tunic was massively, massively big (but I admit I don't think I looked at the size charts so my fault). Otherwise, I have loved everything I've gotten from there, and have been exposed to some awesome small brands that I now follow closely.

Here's the thing: are returns nice? Yes, absolutely. But the reason that zulily offers such low prices on things like TOM'S and Levi's and Crocs and other unique boutique vendors is because they don't provide returns. A returns program is extremely expensive and in the end you'll end up paying more for every single product you order to cover some other customer's exploitative returns.

Secondly, is timeline for them to ship your package after you order it inordinately long? Absolutely! Compared to every other e-commerce site, YES. However, that's again why they're cutting the prices by 30-80%--they don't mark the prices up to cover overstock.

That said, here are my tips for success on zulily:
1. Review the size charts carefully and know your measurements. Be wary of juniors sizing on clothes that may appear to be women's sizing.
2. If there's not enough information/pictures, or the quality is questionable, you owe it to yourself to not risk it.
3. Plan ahead and pay attention to the shipping timelines that are listed on the site. Don't bother if you're buying that cute dress for that wedding that's happening in 3 weeks, it's not worth the stress of not getting it in time.
4. Research items on another site (like Amazon). I often read all the reviews/look at additional pictures on other sites, and then take advantage of the screaming deal on zulily.
5. Call Customer Service if you ever receive something that was wrong or defective. They will always work it out for you.

Good luck!

pa9122
5/28/15

Ordered a top took 3 week to get. Very cheap material would not ever order from them again.

hit38
5/28/15

I have order a pair of pants. They delivered a different pair of pants. :( Very disappointing!

lynnep6
5/28/15

The fact you have to give your email address before entering the site should be warning enough. I read (or tried to) the very confusing and vague T's and C's which was a further warning. After reading reviews on here I'm so pleased I didn't pursue it, I've been caught out before with Just Fab shoes, I will be very wary of sites like this in future and will always research before committing. Thank you everyone for the warnings.

laceye1
5/27/15

So this was my first experience ordering from Zulily. For the me shipping wasn't that long about a week. I did know that I wouldn't be able to return the dress if it didn't work. My biggest problem was the sizing. I am normally an 18-20 and I can wear a 1x-2x. Based on what the sizing measurements from this site were, I ordered a 3x (actually going up in size knowing I wouldn't be able to return it if I ordered to small.). My chest is pretty large but I have never not fit into something that was considered a 3x (that would normally be too big). My chest does NOT fit in this dress. For those who say "know your size", let me say that I absolutely know what size I am and even ordered a size up. The sizing is completely off. I even thought the dress must have been made in China but it says made in the USA. Another thing, the dress was black and white, made from very thin material causing the white parts of the dress to be see through. I'm assuming this site must have a lot of factory seconds and things of that nature. I'm glad I didn't order a lot or something very expensive. I will go to a store that I can try the clothing on or use a web site that I can send items back to if they don't fit. This was my first and last time using Zulily.

tracyh51
5/27/15

Out of the 14 orders I have placed in the last 15 months, 8 have been canceled due to the company they are working with not having enough to full fill orders, 4 have been shipped out more than 2 full weeks late and 1 order - yes one order arrived on time and it has to be the cheapest, thinnest shirt I have ever had.
By the time you pay shipping, wait for your item to arrive, find out that you like it you will have spent more just going to the store purchasing exactly what you wanted, have it in hand and not have to donate a bunch of crap to goodwill because you can't return it.

breeannac
5/27/15

I don't understand all the gripes about the shipping times. They are very clearly stated on the website before you purchase, as is the no return policy for most things. You HAVE to pay attention to the size chart of each item in inches - brands can vary wildly in their sizing, so don't just assume your usual size will be right. If you do this, you'll be fine. Look closely at the pictures of the items, you can clearly see which ones are made of thin material and the like. They often sell brands you are familiar with for low prices and these can be great bargains. If you want to buy clothes very quickly, look elsewhere. If you want a bargain and don't mind waiting, give zulily a try.

sheris10
5/26/15

Don't wast your time!!! It not worth the money when they don't do returns!!!! Ordered 2 shirts... Look like $#*!!! Would send back for the 80.00 spent!!!

hayleyg5
5/25/15

Having read some very negative reviews I was very nervous awaiting my first Zulily delivery. Yes it took a month but then I'm in Australia and was expecting a long wait. My first 2 orders arrived today and I must say I'm very impressed and pleased with my purchases. Everything fits - I'm plus size 18 and finding clothes in Australia has been depressing to say the least. I love the range of plus size clothing and will definitely be ordering again. There is always a size chart to consult so make sure you check.

joanh30
5/23/15

This company should be closed down. They sent me 2 of each item I ordered. The items were so cheaply made. they said before I ordered If the items didn't fir they would work it. They said that I could get a refund with merchandise credit. Do not order from these people.

mariong8
5/23/15

The dress I ordered took while to be delivered. That didn't really matter but the sizing is totally wrong. It is far too tight on the bust and at a guess I would say it is probably around a size 12. I ordered large which I expected to be around a 16. The dress is very poor quality and I will not use the site again. You live and learn!

samanthas36
5/22/15

I have ordered and received a coat/jakcet which looked magic in the picture and was made of dressing gown material!!! Iordered 2 tops for summer and they are very poor quality and very disappointing. I will not be ordering any more from Zulily

giselau
5/20/15

After all reviews, not buying. I will pass the possible aggravation and head aches, I have been there.

sheilas23
5/20/15

I ordered tons of stuff from them mostly for my kids. Except lately my orders were all so bad. I saw some of the items I ordered here at Marshalls for 50% less than what I paid for. Most of the stuff comes from China so you don't even know when you are getting your order in and the quality of the items...yikes. One of the other reviewer is right all the dresses I bought will go to Goodwill and I am out $100. Also, if you were planning to buy a specific item there is still a chance you won't get it. A couple of my items were cancelled by them without any reason after the purchase. I tried contacting their customer service several times and they do not respond at all. Never again...Do yourself a favor and stay away!

dlaijnes
5/20/15

Zulily is different. The shipping IS slooooooooow. And the quality if iffy. I've received items that were worth MUCH more than I paid.
I've received items that I would NEVER wear because the quality was horrid. I donate these items. (is that bad?)
In MY opinion, it is worth the gamble - especially when the item is a national brand.
Like 6pm and nomorerack, and others, it IS a gamble.

teresao7
5/20/15

I am so sorry I did not do my research. Ordered on May 12th -- still being shipped all over the US and don't know when I'll ever get my item.
PLEASE do not order from them unless you are willing to wait and wait, etc.....
I cannot speak for satisfaction of the shoes I ordered, good price, but given the other comments I am concerned now about the quality and true sizing. I'm not out too much if they don't work since I understand there are no returns (I see why, that should have been my rip off clue). When something is too good to be true, buyer beware.

ruths27
5/19/15

I ordered Simply Couture dresses from Zulily. Waited 4 weeks. 2 came with the label John Fashion. Ordered mens shirts in XL site sizing it was English size 44 chest came XL 52 chest. I haven't had major problems getting money back but the postage is out of this world to post back. Have stopped using them as most things look like seconds.

melissad37
5/19/15

As a first time customer, I clicked a link in an email from Zulily promising 10% off my order. After ordering $350 worth of stuff, my coupon didn't get processed. Literally seconds after placing the order, I contacted Customer Support asking them to refund 10% because of the coupon. They checked and said that my coupon was valid and that it was their site that didn't work properly to allow my coupon to be used; HOWEVER, they said that they don't give refunds nor will they cancel orders. I replied to every message from Zulily Customer Support and they told me over and over again that they refused to honor my valid coupon. They encouraged me to make another purchase on their site to use the coupon on another order.

I warned their Customer Support that I would tell everyone I could that Zulily was a terrible company to do business with and they didn't heed my warnings. So, I tweeted publicly about what they were doing--and not doing--for me. I got a personal phone call and email from the Director of Customer Support who had a much better response. He apologized for the mix-up and refunded 10% of my order back on my credit card.

When I started to receive the items that I ordered, the other problems with Zulily began. The metal furniture was rusty, chipped, and missing parts. I had to provide photo evidence for them to send replacement parts.

The socks I ordered came, shoved in a box with other items, in the open crumpled mailing bag that was used to send them to their first owner... by another company. The original company's branding was on the bag and the packing slip. The original owner's contact information was on the packaging, the packing slip, and on the return mailing label.

I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM ZULILY AGAIN and would advice everyone to avoid them.

pamm25
5/18/15

Three out of four items gotten through Zulily have been of lesser quality than advertised, and hardly worth the suggested price - much less the reduced prices. However the one item I have been satisfied with was an awesome purchase. Marketing genius, but not at all a consumer friendly business model. Remember- no returns! Truly a gamble. Add that nothing arrives before 3-4 weeks, and that final delivery (in my case) is made via USPS from FedEx, makes for unpredictable package arrival. Not a fan.

magaritag
5/13/15

went crazy over zulily, ordered alot!! but beware, the size charts are way off, and very sheldom found any items true to the size charts, even flat sandles I ordered (3 Pair) size7.5 , 1 works 2 are very tight and small toes right at tip!! crazy, no returns, go through the hoop to get credit, shipping back is expensive, wait for items are long and extreme. wil never order clothes from them again!!!!! and shoes, maybe but will only buy inexpensive so burn will not be 3rd degree!

samp213
5/13/15

Sorry, but think its bull$#*! that when I hit a link in an email on an item I think is pretty, am forced to log in. I'm browsing, and your policy sent me walking

I will not purchase from them and have unsubscribed from the newsletter. Life is too short!

ellenb13
5/11/15

Ordered a blouse from the Reborn Collection described as "white & pink floral paisley tunic" for $29.99. Ok so the description doesn't make it sound fabulous but it was really pretty in the picture. I don't care that it took three weeks to be delivered. But the quality makes me think this was put together by some poor child laboring somewhere on the other side of world. The material is so sheer that you can see my undergarments. In addition the seams on the side are gathered like they didn't know how to see two pieces of fabric together. There are long threads hanging down which I guess they couldn't be bothered to cut. The buttons don't close properly. And finally, it looks like I'm wearing one of those old fashioned moo moos. And worst of all I just discovered it can't be returned.

Tip for consumers: Determine before you buy if the product can be returned. Cause you're gonna want to return it.

andreas218
5/11/15

I ordered what they advertised as a "Michael Kors" purse. I waited the weeks to to get it (which is fine I understand that's how the sight works). However when I finally received it it's the most obvious knock off I have ever seen. The tags are in Chinese, the "leather" looks like $#*!, and the infamous MK hardware is just a round gold piece with some Chinese pattern. I have never been so disappointed in a company. I suggest if you're looking for the real deal, or at least a knock off that could pass as one, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SIGHT.

lucym25
5/10/15

Whilst I'm not desperate for the products I ordered, I haven't had to wait so long for anything I've ordered online ever. I do a lot of Internet shopping, and frequently order from places such as China, but they never take this long. Ordered 5 items on March 25th, four arrived around April 20th, but the fifth item is apparently still being processed (May 10th) This is ridiculous! The clothing product that has arrived is very poor quality, but the other items are fine (though you can't really go wrong with a metal hanger for scarves) I will definitely not be ordering from them again.

tiffanyt14
5/9/15

If you literally want to wait a month before your product arrives, order from here. I ordered on 5/2 and was told "Your product is scheduled to ship on 5/18" Yeah... not what they had posted when I ordered. Well, the good news is, I'll be spending that time waiting for my items spreading the word on not to order from them!

jonesb22
5/8/15

It takes weeks & weeks for an item to get delivered to you!!!!

dec106
5/8/15

Honestly, it is what it is. Delivery is often (almost always) slower--they state in their policy that they do not stock any inventory. Basically, they have to order it themselves and then ship it to you after they receive it. I have been stuck with some non-returnable children's clothes that were totally sized wrong; so I no longer purchase those brands with which I am unfamiliar.. Have I gotten some great bargains? Yes, most definitely. I'm just careful about what I buy here. Also, I have had them be very generous on two occasions when they were not able to fill an order. (Once they even credited me MORE than the actual cost of the item).

laurak56
5/7/15

I've ordered a few items from zulily, most were ok, one toy came broken and we did receive our money back. The last item I ordered was a ride on motorcycle for kids. The item came with directions in Chinese and assembly was pretty tricky. 8 months later, battery died. I called zulily customer service and the girl just basically said you can get a battery anywhere online. This was not the case as it was not a powerwheels battery. Finally found one on eBay. After receiving it, we realized that the motorcycle wires were attached to the battery permanently. My hubby had to cut wires and attach to the new battery. I called the customer service to let them know of the battery issue for future ride on vehicles they sell just as an fyi. They told me to contact the manufacturer ( not possible since the item was from China with no contact numbers in english) when I told her they just were not interested. Does not seem like a safe product to sell and the company does not seem to care. Will not purchase anything else from them!

vks1
5/6/15

I have been waiting at least two weeks to get the two items I ordered. One is still on it's way to the states. I wish that I would have known that it would take that long. I never would have ordered. Sad thing, one item has been in the shipping process for over a week, no progress as of yet.

bevo
5/6/15

I pucrhased a blouse on-line from Zulily. I did not realize I was dealing with China and it took 5 weeks to deliver. By the time I got it, converted to US$ and shipping handling it was not worth it. The blouse is the crappiest thing I have ever seen and will not wear it. Anyone want a crappy blouse???

hannahp12
5/4/15

I recently tried to purchase an item for a gift. Before purchasing I checked the item was in stock and would ship quickly enough to get here before I needed it. After ordering I received and email stating there was a delay and if it was time sensitive I should cancel. I contacted them on a Sunday to request a cancel (less than 12 hours after their email) and was told they couldn't cancel it! I now am left paying for an item that won't be here in the time I needed it and I had to purchase another one from elsewhere. Absolutely no way I would purchase from this website again. Save yourself the headache and look elsewhere!!!

susanh102
5/4/15

I ordered from Zulily and could not have more disappointed. Such poor quality and poor workmanship that MAYBE would have been acceptable if I were a 12 year old. Everything from the stitching to the fabric quality were horrendous. I am not one to be too fast to say "no" nor do I usually get involved in writing reviews. But let me say this, "shopper beware".
I bought two dresses as a first time shopper.. one was not stitched properly at the adjustment strap and was already falling apart. And ...Check this out.. had untrimmed seams in the front that needed to tucked out of sight in order to wear it. Horrible. Just horrible.

jonv14
5/4/15

Do yourself a favor and buy the product ANYWHERE else. Zulily does not stand behind their products at ALL. My shipping took 8 weeks and when the item arrived, it did not fit although it said it was the correct size. It was also a different color than it appeared online and had a large, gaudy detail on the front that was not online (they manipulate their images to make sales it seems).

However, with Zulily's "No Returns" (read: F-you you F-ing loser policy) none of this matters and I essentially paid $20+s/h for a hideous Goodwill donation.

My advice, if you see someone you want on Zulily, find it on another (customer focused) webiste and make the purchase there. Unless there's a SUBSTANTIAL discount, it's not worth dealing with such a self-serving company.

ms183
5/3/15

After repeated purchases, complaints and credits given by Zulily the same problem remains, the quality is not only bad but completely absent. Inconsistent sizing, poor fabric quality, stitching, workmanship, and overall defective products. I have had hems ripped out of skirts, diagonal stitching on the front of a blouse, holes in fabric, larges that fit like smalls, and two items the same size but one about 4-8 inches bigger than the other. Ridiculous and fraudulent representation of a consumer website. An all sales final website? They should say items are defective, flawed, irregular purchases you will find difficult to enjoy.

shellyk11
5/2/15

I ordered clothing twice. Sizes totally off. Awful quality. What you see is not what you get. No return information. NEVER AGAIN!!

monicat19
5/2/15

I have been a customer for about a year and a half now. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Great prices, beautiful dresses, sizes are spot on. Have never had a bad experience. It does take a few weeks to ship. If there was one suggestion to make it would be to work on shipping the product quicker. Overall I am a very satisfied customer!

bh141
5/1/15

I think most of these bad reviews are because people are quick to say negative things but not so much for a positive experience. I knew when I ordered that it would take some time to get the merchandise. I've had extremely good luck with my orders and there's been lots! A pair of boots were cancelled, and that was a disappointment, but stuff happens. No one's perfect. I received a $10 credit for the inconvenience. I also read the return policy before I ordered so I knew that they don't accept returns. I had a pair of sandals break (they were $10 so maybe you get what you pay for) but was refunded immediately and I was also given a $10 credit. So for all that don't like Zulily, I don't get it. Just know it takes awhile and you can't return things. Be sure you know you're size and what you like. They'll keep my business! <3

charlenee3
4/30/15

Zulily is a online business that I enjoyed when it initally came out but now I'm not sure about the selected merchandise and customer service. Customer service is not that friendly. They do not allow you to return everything. I'm now just question every thing about this business.

debg7
4/30/15

I will never order anything from Zulily ! For about a year now I have payed attention to all the complaints
for them and will not let go of my money that easy to a company that has such a bad rantings. So I think that I'm the smart one here ! Never !

brandip5
4/30/15

Ordered from zulily one time. I got the wrong items, it took almost 2 months for them to arrive and I paid almost 20 dollars in shipping. I'll never purchase anything from zulily again

rachelh43
4/30/15

I have ordered from Zulily several times over the past 3 years. I have had several occasions where I would order something intending to give it as a gift, wait several weeks, then receive an email that the item was no longer available. Once I ordered a video camera for my daughter for Christmas and it was broken right put of the package. Zulily would not exchange ir accept the return. There was one time I ordered shoes and they were labeled incorrectly and they were about 2 sizes smaller than they should have been but Zulily would not accept a return, even though I called them immediately to explain the problem. Today I had another issue. I had ordered 2 pair of the same boots for my daughter, in european size 23 and 24. I checked out the order when it arrived to make sure it was right and the boxes correctly indicated size 23 and size 24. My daughter loves these boots and wore the size 23 boots every day. They are now worn out and she is ready for the size 24 boots, so I got them out if the box only to find a pair of the same boots in size 22! I called Zulily to explain and they were unable to exchange since it's been so long since I ordered them. They were also unwilling to refund what I paid for them. This company is completely unwilling to offer decent customer service. I do not recommend anyone order anything from them if they want to be confident they will get what they ordered or be able to get their money back!

melanier16
4/29/15

Multiple times wrong items were sent to me and a lot of clothing I received was cheap.. Haven't ordered from here in a while since then. Plus shipping is expensive compared to other sites... And shipping takes FOREVER (about a month)

jk77
4/29/15

I only wish to shop and perhaps purchase on zulily. I was not able to post feedback products without pushed screens asking me to post on instagram, facebook etc. I have no wish to post on any social media. Only wish to give feedback to zulily.

and by the way zulily, you really do not serve larger women for clothing. and quite frankly some of the dresses I was shopping (though not apparently available in my size) were photographed with wrinkles and really poor fitting to the models wearing them.

tlk
4/29/15

Sport bras on Zulily? Who makes a "padded" bra for a D cup? I purchased 6 bras D cup. Just arrived with super padded cups, thin straps and when I put one on...the back of the bra is up in between my shoulder blades! Way too big around (without hooks) with straps way too short straps and padded cups. The website may look sumptuous, but you are receiving 'knock offs' from the labels! NEVER AGAIN....

annd34
4/28/15

Last week Zulilly had a 'ballet week' I saw some cute ballet shoes. I decided to look up the manufacturer's site and these exact shoes were at a regular price of $39 Zulilly had them for $59. The Plus sized clothes are very small and made of cheap fabrics. Delivery, well it has been disgusting. Zulilly has the perfect business they hold no stock, buy just what we order and this is why they can't take returns. I love NEXT, delivery within 5 days and easy return. Products are of a high quality with true sizing and pictured colors and style.
ANN
in
AUSTRALIA

juliat17
4/28/15

Well...I don't know why I didn't look up reviews for Zulily before I started ordering. But I didn't and I have ordered several times and overall have been very pleased with my purchases. I decided to look up the reviews after a pair of leggings which appeared to be black and shiny on the site, were in fact black and matte. I was disappointed. But to the company's credit, they agreed to exchange them as they were not what they appeared as. In addition, I mistakenly ordered a L instead of an XL on a pair of tangerine space dye capri's and I asked if I could also return them for a refund at the same time. They were gracious and said yes, and will refund my money. Thank you Zulily. I will continue to be a customer. I received the order in 3 parts, so ok. I like the anticipation. But the black diamond leggings I received today were not mid calf capris, they barely made it past my knees, but the XL size fit nicely through the waist and hips, and I worry that an exchange would be a dissapointment as I love the material and the fit. The first time I ordered I was nervous about ordering something I could not return. The items arrived in 3 weeks, and I loved them. Mostly, I have been pleased, and I give them a 4.5 star review. And hey, no, they are not perfect, but they're legitimate and nice.

deborahk18
4/28/15

Do you know your size? I know mine too and from what I ordered, everything had to be returned because nothing fit. Good luck if you decide to order something.

zabinb
4/28/15

After ordering from some other online sites I was very scared to try this out. But the product display were so good that I could not resist myself and order 2 dresses, 1 blouse and a bag. After ordering I read the reviews about the product here at sitejabber and was more scared. They said it will take 20 days for delivery. I kept my patience. And in 20th day the products arrived. After seeing the product I really don' have any complains. The products are good.. The size that they mentioned were proper. They keep their words on delivery date. I don't have any complains with the product and price. Only thing is they could deliver it a little bit more than 3 weeks. That would be really great.

carold30
4/27/15

I ordered 2 tops from this company - both the same size - one was much bigger than the other and only the biggest one came close to the right size except the sleeves were like sausage skins (on a supposedly loose over size top), The quality of the fabric was really trash and one of the buttons fell off as I took it out of the packaging!! Total waste of money!!

angelae6
4/25/15

Review the return policy before you place an order. This is how they get you. Good luck as you are not likely to order something that fits properly. The quality is not very good anyway. They have great deals and lots of appeal, but as with the old saying, Looks can be deceiving! and with this company, they are!

33 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have a pair of Tom shoes for my granddougther, they are a little small, any way to change?
8/27/13
Answer
jonv14
A: If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I ordered a pair of boots from Zulily that were advertised as having a leather upper. Later, after looking these boots up elsewhere on the Internet, I learned they are actually manmade. I can't wear manmade shoes, and certainly not manmade boots. The boots have just been shipped. Is there any way I can get Zulily to take them back based on their erroneous advertising?
11/30/14
Answer
darquisev
A: If their advertisement was erroneous, evidently, Zulily should reimburse you immediately. Email their Customer Service & they will reply for sure. I encountered 2 or 3 times similar "incidents" and I was always reimbursed. Just tell it as it is, and you should be fine...
D.V.
4/20/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

29 Photos for Zulily