US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyh60

I sent Zulily customer service a polite email, attaching relevant screen shots. (in 326 reviews)

erikal10

Zulily places a mass order from their suppliers when they get enough orders from customers to do so. (in 1,336 reviews)

angelac28

They will only give store credit minus 'delivery' fees. (in 106 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

alyssab12
2/6/16

First time customer, ordered two items on Zulily in late December. Received them both in late January. When I spoke to Customer Service, to get me off the phone, Jim offered me a promotion. Never heard from him about it again. When I finally received the packages, one of the items I ordered has a very strong disgusting smell. Per the return policy, I can't wash the item to see if the smell will come out and still return it if it doesn't.

I am tired of being ignored by this company every time I try to get in touch by phone, Facebook, etc. I will just keep finding websites to review them on until someone in the company takes notice.

lindam230
2/5/16

I ordered Vibram FiveFingers Black & Gray KMD Sport LS Shoe in size 14 US and got size 12 US. When I asked for a refund they refused and said I had a credit for the amount if I sent the shoes back at my own expense.

dianeb78
2/5/16

I discovered sulkily one night and ended up ordering over a dozen things. I waited patiently and about a month later the items started to trickle in. I have never been more disappointed in my life. Every single thing was so cheaply made and looked tacky. Things were not even sewn even! Some things were tiny ....some had strings all over them....cheap material....what a bunch of junk! Never ever ever again!

deniset22
2/4/16

Horrible horrible horrible I paid for my boots, waitied for two weeks t for them to get here they were brown up to the knee nothing in the picture shows a red stripe up the back of the boot TACKY!! Thanks zullily

tisaj
2/4/16

i ordered & got my merchandise, good quality & fit, took a bit of time but I would order again

patp32
2/4/16

It has been a month and they still have not sent my items. Most made in Spain and Italy they said. They were quick to take my money yet i still have nothing! Never again. BEWARE!!!

henryl39
2/4/16

Ordered back in December. Got it February 3rd. I ordered a large. Fits like an extra extra small. It won't even button. I want to sue. If anyone else wants to join in, let me know.

sarag54
2/3/16

I am so disappointed! I ordered adorable shoes and they arrived today. The quality was good and the price affordable, but the shoes did not fit. (I've been wearing the same size for the past 10 years.) I wanted to return them but they told me I had to pay the postage. Crazy. No one should ever buy a pair of shoes on the net unless there is free return. After several phone calls they agreed to take them back, but I do not need the hassle and would not order again from this site. (They are also having problems with e-mail FedEx labels and so they are mailing me the label and it will take 7 to 10 days! I will not get a credit, if I ever do, for several weeks)

stephaniec28
2/3/16

Oh well, I used to love Zulily, but no more. They turned a really nice quality store into mostly junk.. and too much of it. They used to have mostly children's clothes and some women's and most of it was top quality - really nice and genuine great deals. Now there's a glut of what clearly appears to be their own company making a bunch of stuff for women in the same fabrics over and over again.. with what appears to be inflated prices crossed of so you think your getting a bargain. That's pretty obvious. And then the children's things are mostly cheaply made and the ones that aren't are much higher prices than before. There are too many different kinds of categories and when you scroll they keep changing so it's confusing. I used to love how organized and easy to use the previous layout was. The other thing is there's no point buying something like shoes or purses, because you have to pay to send them back if they even let you and it's expensive.

Bottom line - Another company that started off awesome and did a nose dive after becoming well known. Come on Zulily, bring back the old uncluttered website with more QUALITY children's clothing. If I want women's or men's clothing I'll go to Hautelook.

Their customer service people are just great, but that's the best they have going for them.

jalanied
2/2/16

I ordered 2 tunics in the middle of January and have never received them or an explanation They have taken payment from my bank. I have emailed customer service and received no reply either.

I do all my shopping online and this is the first company who has let me down. DO NOT USE THEM.

kathyk47
2/1/16

Hi Why did a product advertised as 'socks set' contain only one pair of socks, especially since the photo illustrated three pairs of socks? Two socks does not = a set; it is a pair. This seems like misleading, false advertisement.

christip1
1/31/16

I see a lot of negative reviews but I had a great experience. Out of many many items, I would say I didn't like maybe two. And that's just because they didn't look good on me. I know what looks good and flattering so I stick to that now. Quality has been good, things wash well, and I am not buying the expensive items. These are all in the lower to mid range price. I get compliments all the time. I buy very often. I recommend them!

sherib12
1/30/16

Very poor quality item. The lining that connects to the bottom frill seam shows because it's longer than the sweater and it shouldn't. Will not wear, waste of money.

kathyn26
1/30/16

Bought most of my Christmas and my husband bought all my Christmas from Zuilly. 2 things I needed to return no fault if there's just not for me and they sent me a return label immediately. Clothes are fantastic customer service is fantastic. Will buy from them every time I shop. Bought my grandson 3 pair of shoes they were so cute. Prices are great, no fantastic!!!!!!

lindal166
1/28/16

I bought two dresses, neither was delivered. They were sent back to sender without my knowing. One had wrong address on it, so I was told. I don't know what happened to the other. I was somewhat new to this sight and find their behavior irresponsible, they will not get my money again. Beware.

carolynneh
1/28/16

I ordered three beautifully made dress everyone was saying there I got them.yes go online to this incredible sight zulily.com. I will recommend this site to all my family and friends.

christinem70
1/27/16

Didn't even receive my first order yet and I was lied to. It said "FREE SHIPPING" and when I checked my invoice it showed that I was charged a shipping fee. I sent them 4 emails about this and each time they responded with the same reply. It was as if they just sent me a "form" email. The email they sent gave me some BS about "if the them is bulky" or "the next purchase in the same day" or "over a certain amount" etc. etc. etc. no where did it state any particulars, just "free shipping". I never checked any of the reviews before I placed my order...if I did, I wouldn't have placed an order with them. It's extremely frustrating writing emails only to keep getting the same response. It seems like they "take your money and run". I would give them a minus 10 star review but this stupid system doesn't allow this.

Tip for consumers: -10 review Overall
-10 review Service
Don't know about the Shipping, Returns or Quality as of yet.

boogb
1/26/16

Like so many others, the customer service is great! Quality of merchandise, mainly fabric is very poor. BUT, I have only ordered cheap things - so my opinion may not count. My first order for two blouses was a huge disappointment, not a single seam was straight or properly matched. Since I am a seamstress I managed to rip the seams apart and remake them. (In my imagination I could just see a sweat factory with 12 yr. olds sewing things together.) My next order was damaged and they immediately gave me a credit. My most emotional order was for Christmas.... I ordered all my grand-children's gifts, who do not live here, and was assured delivery before Christmas. Once again customer service was very courteous and emailed me often assuring delivery. Sure enough the box arrived on the 21st! A few days late for delivery to the children. I had another article that was not like described and they quickly issued me a credit, which I used on a clever blouse made from 'rough' material. I'll just use it for a pattern. I feel they have grown too fast and are scrambling to find things to sell!

virgenab
1/25/16

Love this site.. I ordered a pair of boots that had to much glue on them.. I called customer service they told me to keep them or donate them AND they refunded me my money.

beccar6
1/25/16

I ordered 3 tops off of the Zulily site. I received my order, no problems with the ordering or receipt of the items, but the quality was very poor. 1 top had a button sewn wrong and when buttoned, it left a large gap in the middle of my chest showing my bra. The same blouse had very poor quality of material. Very cheap and rough to the touch. I had a hole after washing the top only 3 times on a cold water/gentle cycle. Not impressed. And yes, the sizes are way off.

rhondad7
1/25/16

I been a zulily customer since 2013.I buy all my daughters dresses and shoes from them.Ive had to deal with customer service once for a shirt i was unhappy with,they sent me a new one no questions asked and they let me keep the other one (no charge)I love zulily because a lot of the dresses and shoes i get from them i can't find here and my daughter gets compliments all the time,especially on her shoes.I have no complaints with zulily,yes it takes awhile to receive your goods(about 6 weeks)so don't order something that you will need before that time.Dont listen to all the bad reviews you read on line,theres always going to be complainers.Judge for yourself.I give zulily 5 stars.

micheller82
1/23/16

There are so many better other sites that act on behalf of the customer,why bother

michellef68
1/23/16

Everything I ordered from zuzilly always turned out great. The fit,the fabric,and their services. Love it!!

otisg4
1/23/16

I don't appreciate that there's only women's and children clothing. Mothers aren't the only parents. On the commercial they're making it seem as if the mother is the only parent that count. I am a father, and I shop for me and my child. I should be able to shop for both of us at the same time. Women are always complaining about wanting to be equal, but there nothing equal about Zulily. As matter of fact, there aren't really any boys clothing on the site either. Seems sexism to me.

liza127
1/23/16

I have been using Zulily for years. I knew that it took weeks to get items and was Ok with that. I knew to check the size chart and to stay with brand names, thought I could handle all of this because of the good prices. Over the last year or so they have really gotten bad. I bought a Jessica Simpson purse that smelled like a high school leather project, tried to air it out but no luck. I cant use it at all. I bought some nursing scrubs that should have fit according to the size chart but are at least two sizes too small and bought a sweater that smell like it was dipped in chemicals. Customer service is good for about three mistakes. They give credit and even ten dollars extra credit for your trouble but I kept getting junk and as I called more and more they were less and less helpful. It has gotten to the point that so much of their stuff is cheap junk, even the brand names (must be seconds or knock offs) that I have had enough. I am done with rolling the dice on Zulily. Our relationship is over.

joannel30
1/23/16

I like what Zulily sells and prices are mostly good... However I think they cannot keep up with their own sales! I sent a dress to my granddaughter and although it said dress on the package, it wasn't the same colour and it was a onesie! Zulily cannot get this item now so supposedly I will get a refund... Two other items sent together appear no where in tracking, as if they just disappeared somewhere between Zulily and usps... although Anita at the 877 number will trace it we hope, I bet it won't be found! I hear that with many many people! Shame on you Zulily!

angelal46
1/22/16

After calling and cancelling a online order, I get a phone call from my credit card company saying that someone has gotten my numbers and has used it to make several online purchases 3 day's later! Nothing like be obvious and stupid. When I called zulily all I got was an apology, and an "I'll submit your suspicions over to the correct department". I guess I just started saving money instead on spending it. Goodbye zulily account.

cyndys2
1/22/16

Made many purchases over the years mostly satisfied with my purchaes. I had to return some things no problem with returns no problem with refunds and I will continue to order from them

lauriem44
1/21/16

I have been a Zulily customer for years and years. Back when my daughter was wearing smaller sizes, the quality seemed better and I wasn't ordering for myself. Now that she is older (10y) I am finding that if I don't order brands I know, I am getting very poor quality items. Home items- I bought a decor item that was so misrepresented that wouldn't have sold in a dollar store. Yes the refunded me. Yes they've been great but who needs to go through that fuss all the time. And even with brand names I find I can get better deals and faster turnaround when I shop sales with coupons at major dept stores. Clothing for me - well let's say it's been pretty much a bust. I've gotten just couple of items I've been happy with. Their suggested retail on their own stuff (beware there are many brand names that are manufactured for Zulily only) is way off, as is sizing. After many years and way too many dollars I've quit Zulily cold turkey. I'd suggest the same for you. You can find the same or better deal elsewhere. Don't get sucked in by the clever, artful advertising.

christinap29
1/20/16

I just received a jewelry purchase that consisted of 2 pairs of earrings. My order was: 1 pair of 14k pink sapphire earrings, 1 pair of lever back silver garnet earrings. I was so excited to get these and didn't mind the long wait. They arrived today and I am beyond disappointed! The pink sapphire earrings are in 925 silver (yes, I took pictures of the 925 stamp on both the post and earring back and the garnet ones didn't even have to stones in the earrings!! The literally were at the bottom of the small bag. One of the stones appears to have been in the prongs at some point, but the other prongs are closed to tightly for a stone to ever have fit in there. Needless to say, I have emailed them but based on the reviews here, I gather I may not get much resolution.

cindyd38
1/20/16

Took a month to receive my ooops, someone else's order. They are the absolute worst!

debbyc3
1/19/16

Immediately I opened my first order with Zulily I noticed the cuff of the jumper had a significant hole in it, and had unravelled. I took photos along with my receipt and sent it to the info email address provided but more than 24hrs later I have had not response or advice on what I need to do to get a refund or return the item.

lisah174
1/19/16

I ordered 2 pairs of boots from Zulily on December 1st. I received them on December 30th. Once I tried them on, the quality was crap, the zipper was broken on one boot, and I was overall unsatisfied. So, just like I would for any store, I printed the shipping label and shipped them back only to find they only give store credit, no refunds. I was livid! I called the Customer Service line and explained my dissatisfaction and the gentleman I had spoken to said he would give me a full refund.

Later I find out he only gave me a refund for one of the boots -_____-
So I called Customer Service again and argued with the Supervisor for an hour and I still need to deal with $40 in credit. They refuse to refund back my card.

Don't ever buy from them! Worst online experience and they just want your money, not your satisfaction!!

jessicar78
1/18/16

I ordered an item on January 1st, for a flight on the 21st of the same month. It is now the 18th and my item still has not shipped. They have horrible horrible horrible shipping policy

ering21
1/18/16

I see so many bad reviews; mainly on shipping, customer service, etc. Honestly I've had a great experience with them overall. In several orders, only one shirt didn't perfectly fit. It was slightly big and I gave it as a gift to my mother who loved it. I always think the quality of the material is fine, and have had many wears on most of the items including after washing. A few of the tunics were a little thin (wear a coat!), but have held up 100% to wear and tear just fine. Perfect for the money.

As for shipping and the possibly long waiting periods...people need to understand how the site works. They advertise items from different brands, and when someone makes the order, they send it over to that brand, who THEN ships it to Zulily, THEN to you. This can take some time and not completely in Zulily's control. If you only scroll down the page some, and read the full description, it clearly marks the time period it'll ship out. If you're okay with it, go for it! If not, simply don't buy it. I've had tracking on all my items, which was accurate.

Now, I have had a few instances where Zulily didn't quite deliver per say. Once, I recieved the wrong pair of leggings. I called customer service, and without any arguing or prompting, the lady immediately refunded my money in full, set up sending me the correct pair, told me to keep the ones I got, AND gave me a $15 credit amount. Never seen that before! Also, there was an item that was promised to ship on or before Christmas, and later it got changed to arriving late. I called Zulily, who refunded my money in full, and told me to keep the item when I got it. So whilst I normally would rate them lower b/c of these instances, their customer service more than made up for it.

johannad7
1/18/16

I really don't understand the one star reviews unless the people who are using the site have really not understood the way that it works.

I have been using the site since 2013 and have had a few hiccups, such as poor quality merchandise (not really the fault of Zulily), mislabelled merchandise (tried to return as inappropriate, told to keep it, item was fully refunded and a $10 courtesy payment for my inconvenience), and cancelled items (running total of three items, each refunded and an inconvenience courtesy payment made).

The easiest way of getting the minimum shipping is to wait until Friday to order your items (which does mean you can miss some deals), purchase a single 'light' item, so you pay the minimum shipping charge (I believe this is currently $5.95), and then your shipping is free all weekend! They also have some deals where they have a week of getting free shipping with a Visa credit card as well.

Like with all things, if you shop cleverly, buy brands that you absolutely know your sizing, are happy to purchase branded items which maybe seconds or from several seasons ago, and are happy to wait for your items (though there are also plenty of items that can 'ship sooner' as well), then Zulily is the place for you to go. Otherwise, spend more money and buy from other online stores.

phylh1
1/18/16

Today I just called the toll free number to complain re finding a hole in a child's jumper which was to be a gift. Kimberley, the zulily employee, was extremely helpful explaining that I would receive a full refund within 3 days and to keep the jumper as it was not a large cost and they could not resell the product. After reading the bad reviews I had not thought it worth complaining but was totally surprised! Will continue to order from this company

missys10
1/18/16

I've ordered several items because I liked the idea of how they do business. Didn't mind waiting for long shipping. However, out of 9 clothing items (from different vendors) I ordered, only one is OK to actually wear (I wore it twice), and one other item looked awesome the first time I wore it but just about fell apart after 1 wash (hand wash, at that!). The rest were just horribly cheap polyester disasters that did not fit right, had busted seams, or buttons falling off.

This stuff is still slightly better than ordering from Chinese sites but you get the idea. It looks like clothes they sell at some dollar stores. The only difference is that the sizes on Zulily are more appropriate (a Small fits like a normal Small, on Chinese sites, a Small means my niece's American Doll will wear the clothes). Now, I see a lot of "you get what you paid for" comments. The stuff they're selling is not necessarily cheaply priced. The cheapest shirt I got was 39.99, the most expensive dress was 69.99 - I don't consider that cheap and expected better quality. Overall, it was a disappointing lesson learned.

vickij12
1/17/16

I ordered a dress from zulily. They sent the wrong dress the color and pattern were similar to what I ordered. When I contacted them they said they do not normally do refunds. Do not order from Zulily they suck.

athenaa1
1/16/16

I have been shopping at zulily for several months now. I have bought quite a lot of stuff and most of it is as described. I have learned which brands fit well and which to avoid, no matter how nice it looks in the pictures. Lately, a new problem has arisen. The price on the catalog page is significantly lower than the price on for the same item on the order page! I mean like $8 or $9 more expensive. So if you didn't look too carefully, you would be paying the higher price. I have written to the company twice about this and attached screen shots of the price discrepancies. They claim there aren't any. Not sure what is going on with them but I will not be ordering any more stuff until they acknowledge this problem and get it under control.

Update: They wrote back and acknowledged the price discrepancy on one item, told me I could order it "immediately" at the higher price, and attempted to put it into my basket. No thanks.

valenciam1
1/15/16

i love this site!! If only they would ship faster!!

sabrinar6
1/14/16

I sincerely hope this post goes viral, because I just hung up from one of the best customer service experiences of my life. I ordered a winter coat from Zulily a few weeks ago. When I received my order, I could see through the packaging that the coat material wasn't going to work well with the two breeds of dogs we have. Coarse dog hair and certain materials don't mix. I called customer service and asked how to return the unopened coat for a refund. I spoke with a sweet young man named Patrick, and he let me know he would refund my money immediately. I asked again how to send it back, and he said, "Please don't send it back. If you know someone who needs a winter coat or if you would like to donate it to a charity, that would make us very happy." I honestly thought he was kidding. It took me a moment to realize he was completely serious, and then came the tears. I just don't know other companies that do this, do you? I thought Zulily was pretty incredible before, but after today, I'm a customer for LIFE. The world needs more LOVE like that. Honest business. Honest ethics. How refreshing!

brennad2
1/14/16

Zulily makes it clear how they work - that orders are made first, then shipped from their vendor to Zulily, then from Zulily to you. If their vendor can't supply the amount of orders they received, then there can be surprise & disappointing cancellations, but that should realized. They also list the estimated time for wait on each product page. I mean it's clear that you WILL have to wait possibly a few weeks for your products. I also think their customer service is great! Every time I've made a complaint (once received a candle that arrived broken, & once received the wrong size shirt), they refunded me AND provided me a $15 store credit immediately. I've never even asked for the store credit! I do agree, it's annoying they don't have reviews on their site, even though they do sell some of the same products over & over, but I just research it via search engine & read reviews on other sites before I purchase.

paulap32
1/14/16

Don't understand all the negative reviews and there are many. On the receipt it states "if something doesn't meet your expectations, please email or call." The email address and phone number are included. I do admit I'm extremely careful when purchasing clothing and tend not to purchase the more pricey items for fear of "off sizing." I have had the need to email customer service when an item did not fit while being the size I normally wear in that particular brand or if the wrong item had been shipped. Got immediate apologetic response and a refund to my card or a credit. Was told not to return item. I'm a frequent shopper on the site and this has occurred three or four times with a favorable response. Just don't understand all of that negativity!!

adriennem7
1/14/16

I read QVC was the parent compny of Zulily. Is QVC aware of Zulily Shenanigans? Zulily should be reported to QVC. I ordered items for my daughter, the items were not true to size, and were of poor quality. I did not bother to return the items. I just delete Zulily. The End!

ileanaf
1/13/16

I ordered 2 pairs of boots. One was great, the other pair was not as described and went way over my knee. I have had them give me every lie in the book as to where my credit is. Bottom line they never nor would they ever credit me. There are a lot of bad reviews here, if we all file a complaint with the better business bureau, as I will, we can get them shut down. This type of highway robbery should not be permitted.

nenar1
1/13/16

I wish I would have read the reviews prior to purchasing my items. Nowhere on their website does it say it could take weeks before your order is processed. I ordered 4 items on Jan 3 and one item says i wouldnt get it until Jan 17, one item Jan 27 and the other 2 items there is no information at all. When I considered cancelling the order I only saw something about being able to cancel within the first 30 minutes (which I should have) and maybe I overlooked the part where it says WE DONT GIVE REFUNDS all I kept seeing was "store credit" why would I want store credit just to repeat this headache again????? I thought that perhaps because they had national commercials they had their $Hit together but boy was I wrong. If you want to avoid a headache AVOID ZULILY

kayr112
1/13/16

I have ordered 5 pairs of shoes from them and 3 pairs had defaults. One pair of Bearpaws was ripped and inside one of the shoe the sole had a lump... We get what we pay for basically.

enag2
1/13/16

Last Dec. 2014 Purchased sheets among other items, the sheets look o.k. but when I opened them they were dirty. I had to wash them with a Clorox because I don't know what those stains were. If you are buying something new, isn't it suppose to be NEW. I also bought other items last year and each item I had a problem with it. When you tell them they become combative and argumentative. They need new management.

amyg62
1/12/16

I'm not sure what is causing this company to fall apart. If you don't like to wait 6 weeks for a product you've already paid for, only to find out its garbage, only to pay return shipping in addition to the shipping you've already paid, only to get a store credit for more junk...then I'd shop elsewhere.

133 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4 days ago
Add your answer
1 week ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

30 Photos for Zulily