US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyh60

I sent Zulily customer service a polite email, attaching relevant screen shots. (in 276 reviews)

kathyb40

You pay once, then get free shipping for the day (or all weekend if you order on a Friday). (in 1,121 reviews)

shellyl13

The ship date they gave me was 3 weeks after the date I ordered my clothes. (in 87 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

rosed36
9/4/15

I bought first time from the company. What they sold me was not even in stock. Yet I paid for it??? Then when I went to check on my order to see when they were going to send it, guess what? nobody home...there phone number was disconnected and I had no way of getting a hold of anybody. Yet they had my money, not for long. I filed a complaint against them, and changed my cc number I don't know who I was dealing with.

brendar35
9/2/15

This is the worst business I've ever ordered from. Sizing is horrible. I sized up after viewing their siz chart, but still items were skin tight. I first thought they didn't know how to size plus sizes, but when I ordered shoes for my granddaughter, they too were too small. I expected them to be too big since could only order a size 10, and she was wearing 9s.....too short and too narrow. The child does not have a wide foot! I have literally put $150 in the trash because of unwearable clothing that I could not return. Zulily is a scam!

monicad16
9/2/15

Ordered a dress. They took my money. I waited three weeks and heard nothing. I inquired. They sent a form letter. I said I wanted to cancel. They sent a form letter. They gave me back everything but shipping. Said shipping money would come in a day or two. Now, don't you think this is a good way for a company to make money doing nothing? Used mine for about a month and gave me nothing!!

carols96
9/1/15

A relative mailed us a box of clothes from Zulily for our young teen. Wow is this stuff garbage! The fabric is so cheap and thin! Junky rayon and polyester made in some sweat shop in Mexico. I'm embarrassed bringing these clothes to Goodwill.

sharont31
9/1/15

I have shopped here almost every week, but this last purchase was the end of it. After not receiving a product I have waited for over a month and having the runaround...that was it. I will take my weekly purchases where I am treated right. They are not willing to communicate to vendors to see why they delay shipments, then they eventually cancel your product...Do not shop here!!!!

bjh6
8/31/15

This company rips off everyone that places an order. They don't tell you until after you place an order that you can't return anything. I ordered 3 dresses. I can only wear one. If you order a size large it might fit someone who wears a small. The quality is sub par. One of the dresses I got is so thin you can see through 4 layers of the fabric! I'd I could give them minus stars, I would give them -100!

maryellent
8/31/15

I will always keep going back to Zulilly! I love their clothing, accessories, shoes! They have wonderful fashion for fantastic prices, that I can actually afford! I have also purchased super items from the Home area as well! I have a penchant for candle holders and candles, and small versatile pieces of furniture! If any of this sounds good to you, I would suggest that you take a moment to visit their site! : )

susand56
8/30/15

I have shopped with them before and it was a nightmare. Now to even look at the website they want you to set up an account?? NOT going to happen!

Goodbye Zulily, I will never be on your website again

zenkd
8/30/15

This company sells defective,low quality clothing.
Don't waist your money like I did on the same stuff that you can get at Marshall,Ross even much much cheaper.
Big waist of money, they take good quality pictures of the products but everything else is terrible from quality , shipping, return etc.

petras5
8/29/15

First time buyer. NOT HAPPY:( :( IT took to long to receive my order. Quality of the clothes is NO NO GOOD:( . DON'T waist your MONEY....

laurah76
8/28/15

I don't understand how this company stays in business...the items take forever to come, do not look anything like they do in the pictures, and are not returnable. And, oh yeah, they can cancel an order whenever they feel like it.

huhh
8/28/15

They sell defective goods and issue store credits that are the wrong (less) amounts!! It's only s matter of time they get their behinds sued!

sherryu
8/27/15

I hate this company, though the customer service rep was nice, that did not assuage my dislike of this company's NO RETURNS policy. I ordered shoes and two blouses spending about $75. I kept the shoes and returned the blouses, unworn, unwashed, still factory-tagged, undamaged, ready for resale. . . they didn't fit properly. I didn't even mind having to pay return shipping. Store credit only?! I didn't want or need any of their other stuff. AND the stored credit is only good for 18 months. Buy from Zappos, JJill, Anywhere else than from these people.

annetteh11
8/27/15

I don't see how you can run a business that sells shoe and clothing items and NOT do returns or exchanges! The coat I ordered came nicely packaged and presented, but was not worth the money I'd shelled out for it and it looked different than the picture. I looked all over for a way to return the item, but couldn't find anything, so I emailed them. I was told that they don't do returns. They said they would "make an exception just this once" for me to return the jacket. Really? I will not buy from them again. Piss poor customer service about no returns.

cherylf15
8/26/15

at first I was excited with the cute, affordable offerings on Zulily. But the disappointments kept mounting up. My main complaint is the sizing criteria. There is one set of sizing measurements for everything. There are no measurements provided by brand. So, I order a medium and I swim in it. I order a large in a different brand and it's too small. No returns. They did, after an impassioned complaint, issue a store credit, so I had to try again, no other choice. What I have now is a pile of clothing I will need to donate since none of it fits. Will never buy from them again and I have removed their app.

traceyt9
8/25/15

clothing is lowest possible quality, shipping is by slow boat from overseas and takes weeks, and web photos are misleading, sometimes showing entirely different item than what finally arrived. i read the reviews, but needed something cute for a trip and some things around the house. I should have saved my money. You cant believe everything you read, but in this case, beware

olesyam
8/25/15

Do not waist your money. The clothes is cheap and poorly made. The customer service horrible and not ashamed to lie. According to their site they are allowing returns but in every email I've received from them they are telling me they do not. I spend over $130 for stuff I would never wear. If I could give 0 stars, I would.

Tip for consumers: Zulily has no service, value is way to expensive for such a cheap and poor quality clothes; shipping is way too slow (I waited over a month for my stuff), no returns; cheap! they should be ashamed of the qualify of what they are selling.

kiml52
8/25/15

This is my first time ordering merchandises from Zulily and its has not been good so far. I thought some of their products seems to be unique and it does has good price; however, the anticipation of waiting for it to arrive is ridiculous; so far it has been over 2 weeks and I received the first item, which is a Lancome mascara, came unsealed and the box was opened. I filed a complainted and they refunded my money. Currently I'm still waiting for the rest of 7 more items to come. I hope all will come in good condition and safely sealed. I don't think I want to order anything from here unless they can make a change on their delivering process.

Tip for consumers: Just be ready that your merchandise will come in at least 30 days on a regular shipping process. If you order any cosmetic products, make sure they are sealed upon delivering. Safety precaution!

robinf14
8/25/15

At first I liked the items for the money. Then an item I waited for for nearly two months, after being told to wait for it, was now unavailable. They issued a $10 credit for the convenience, but I am still waiting for the original credit. I am told now that will take up to seven days. They also lose returns and fail to follow up with proper credit. Now I know they are not credible and will not use them again.

lindseye5
8/23/15

I'm overall very satisfied with my Zulily shopping experience. Most of the items ordered fit my daughter and were good quality. One item was much too large and instead of being asked to go through the hassle of shipping and returning, they offered in-store credit and suggested I keep/donate/sale the item. About a week later, another item bled after first wash, and Zulily not only refunded my money back to my credit card, but added an additional in-store credit for the amount of the item that bled. On top of their desire to provide reimbursements, they were kind, apologetic and extremely motivated to go above and beyond to keep me a return customer. I'm impressed! Would highly recommend Zulily to my friends!

denisel28
8/23/15

Why do I have problems receiving packages - even when I order a month in advance? I have been the victim of lost packages too often!

jop192
8/23/15

I was looking at a pair of boots, decided to check out the make(r) and got quite a surprise, on Zulily they were advertised as $155 down to $82.99, that's A$ convert to US$ and they are $133.44 down to $60.74. To buy in the US they are RRP $US79.99 down to $US29.99. Even if you buy them direct from maker they're cheaper than Zulily's price, which appears to be 50% over RRP before discounting. It's always a good idea to check pricing before buying, even with tax added, they were still way cheaper.

laurelh5
8/22/15

When I go to my emails, I usually see a zulily ad to the right -- in fact, there's one there right now. The Ad says "Your New Favorite Top" and it features one of the two lovely tops used in this ad. But when you go to the site, these tops are not available because they don't even sell these tops. I emailed the company about this and I was told "The particular ads you are seeing are only a sample to show you what type of clothing and items we offer on our site from time to time. It does not necessarily mean that particular item is a live event at the time." But zulily doesn't even offer clothing that looks remotely like what the two tops I see in the ads! So this isn't a sample! I told them I find this kind of advertising misleading and fraudulent. The response is that my feedback will be passed on. Passed on? To what? The trashcan?

Their clothing isn't awful and I bought one item from them in the past but they need to truth in advertising. I also told them if that what they actually sell isn't good enough to use in their ads, they need to fix that! My caution to anyone considering zulily, don't go by the ad you see, don't get your hopes up!

vg15
8/21/15

I just received my second 'immediately into the donation bag' purchase. I should have learned from the first. The quality of the linen dress I received is so poor that it is virtually transparent, maybe could be a bathing suit cover? I did get a pair of shoes that were fine in quality but found the same thing on a 'real' site for the same price where I would not have had to wait for weeks for delivery and could have returned if necessary. So this is my last purchase for the donation bag and have taken my name off the email list.

angiel18
8/21/15

I received my (Crap) 3 weeks after my credit card had been charged. Certainly not the norm. I have never seen such bad quality and one of the dresses was white with print here and there and it had grease stains all over the top. I'm talking black machine grease. This is the worst place in which you can ever place an order. I wouldn't even donate anything this horrible. Please beware!!!!. Close to $100.00 just thrown away.

darlenec7
8/20/15

I had placed 3 orders with the company. After reading these reviews it scared me so I called customer service and cancelled all my orders. I don't want junk that doesn't fit, sized wrong and falling apart after first wash that's not returnable. With all the Buyer Beware I did not want to risk it. However, they were gracious enough to cancel my orders with no questions asked and I am giving a 5 stars for that. Thanks for all the previous posts, I wont take a chance wasting my money! I was reading one bad review after another!!!

patriciad44
8/19/15

No returns. Wait forever or buy what's available right now "ready to ship". One item I received in the "ready to ship" category was cut with scissors - not on the seam- cut is about 3 inches big. How in the heck can I fix it. Why did they send it with this huge flaw? Of course, no returns!! I feel scammed. Another item was way, way too small. Not as pictured. They win, you lose. How many items are sent under-sized or quite damage and they know it? I wonder. I would call it a scam. They get money and you get nothing.

gian453
8/18/15

The pants were not as advertised. They were supposed to be regular black bootleg pants and they are actually shiny stretch pants that look like something you would only wear to the gym, not appropriate for work wear at all. I got them in a few prints also, therefore 5 pairs of pants are useless to me. They were $19.99/ pair. 1 of the shirts was def not sized correctly. It ran very small. 2 other shirts and 1 dress are GREAT and I've worn them, washed them and am very happy with them. Unfortunately most items say no returns so now I'm stuck w/ $100 worth of pants I can't wear to work which is very disappointing.

melyj1
8/18/15

I've ordered many things from Zulily with no problems or complaints. I purchased shirts for my kids, a dress for me, a backpack for my kid, bras, undies. I've probably made about 6 different purchases and I've gotten my items with no problem. The only thing that sucks is that you have to wait a while, but as long as you purchase knowing that, then you'll be happy.

loraleep
8/18/15

I ordered three dresses for school three weeks ago and MUST have them before next monday I really am scared based on the reveiws I've seen. =( id think ill shop here ever again

jennifert61
8/17/15

As a small business of children clothing, we sell our products via Zulily and so many times they said we short shipped. We doubt and even triple count to make sure everything correct but every event, we got the notice that we short shipped them. We quick selling on Zulily from now on!!!

loul20
8/17/15

Stay away customer service was terrible.

kathiey

I buy from Zulily A LOT; here is my opinion of when (and when not) to buy:
Buy:
1. When the price is so low that it is worth taking a chance on a nonrefundable item
2. When you know the brand, BUT still have sewing skills to alter garments that are mis-sized
3. When you want a unique garment and are willing to take a chance on how it looks on you
4. When you want real leather shoes at a reasonable price & you know your size
5. When you want a HUGE variety of unique (and international) items to choose from
6. When time IS NOT of the essence
(After buying about 50 items, I love and wear about 30, altered 10 and made them into great garments, left 5 hanging in my closet to wear someday, and threw out 5.) I will take those odds any day!

jr129
8/17/15

My wife insists on continuing to order things from this company. Even though 1 out of every 3 orders sent are wrong, broken due to improper packaging, "lost in the mail", never received, or incorrect in some other way. It's insane. If my company screwed up this much we would be out of business.

marionb34
8/16/15

I wanted to try Zulily and so I purchased 9 jackets and 1 skirt. They notified me that it would be almost 3 weeks before my merchandise was delivered. Every single jacket I ordered was 2 sizes too small. I order on line a lot and I never have an issue with sizing. This was an absolute nightmare as I ordered those jackets for job interviews. So I contacted their CS and they sent me very detailed return instructions,via e-mail, including the recommendation to get a tracking# and insurance. I still have all 6 pages of instructions and had to include a copy in the package I sent them at a cost of $27.96 (2-Day Priority w/tracking and insurance).

Zulily never told me to donate a thing. They refused to refund me and only offered me an in store credit/ account credit. So let's see, I had to spend money on the clothing, the ship to me was $7.95. Then the shipping back cost me $27.95 and they did not credit me for any of that. I cannot depend on their sizing.

Overall, I would say this was a really bad shopping experience. I mean they may be okay for household items but they really suck at the clothing end. No way on earth were these jackets even close to the usual size I wear. Plus, I had to order a couple of suits, jackets, slacks from a place where I know the sizes fit me and I had to have them over-nighted since I had flights scheduled and companies were flying me in for various interviews.

I did not save a dime. In fact this cost me a significant amount of additional cash. I will not be ordering from them again. Even an overstock warehouse distributor, that puts up an on-line shopping site for consumers, has an obligation to treat those consumers/customers fairly.

Zulily ranks in at the 0 and ranks in as #1 do not buy from store.

suzt
8/16/15

Forget about exchanging for another size. They said to donate the item and they would issue a store credit. Even Amazon has a better policy than this.

vanessas24
8/16/15

ZULILY IS FANTASTIC... Never been so happy with website ordering. THE VENDORS ARE NUMEROUS AND PRICES ARE DRASTICALLY REDUDUCED. The key, I think is read at the bottom of the item you are ordering the Shipping days. DIFFERENT. VENDORS HAVE DIFFERENT SHIP DATES Those dated are to Zulily. THEN ZULILY THEN HAS TO SHIP TO YOU. When YOU notice you have messed up on your order call them immediately and explain what you did.(ordered wrong size, to many,wrong item)They fix it then, I know I 'be done it all. VSemones

betho4
8/14/15

I am a Zulily shopper. It's fun browsing through the merchandise. If you are going to make a more $$ purchase, check other sites first. I bought sneakers which were cheaper on Zulily than Amazon, but I've also seen some " ah" pricing. Some of these reviews are just stupid. It's not "there" merchandise. If you don't like it, own it! You chose it.

elaines26
8/13/15

I've ordered from Zulily a couple of times and been happy with the product and length of time for delivery to Australia. I'll keep using them

anniem45
8/13/15

I would not recommend using this site or buying anything from them. I tried to return my "gift" today because it is 2 sizes two small and was told I was not allowed to because I was not on the account. Nothing they could do to help me. Thank you for being a total waste of time. I will never shop here and I will not recommend that anyone else I know does either.

magicb1
8/12/15

The idea of zulily is great and I was so excited to get my order that they shipped to the wrong address don't understand how that happens but I called in and thought it was resolved and then I checked package stat and it said received and I didn't receive it at all lame two months of bs I could have lived without don't wast your time with zulily

paulav7
8/10/15

Do not purchase Vision Training Vouchers from Zulily. They did not vet the company or it's product which is falsely advertised on Zulily.com. Zulily responded that they had no control over the product and kept my $120! The vouchers only allow you to view videoed lectures and the "presentations" are blurry, out of focus and not legible making their products useless. Contacting Vision Training was a waste of time; they merely thanked me for my feedback. CROOKS! I wanted to rate No Stars but had to choose one.

rubyi1
8/10/15

I ordered one size 7 pair of shoes. first time customer. you get no order confirmation #on your email.So I dont know. I usually order from amazon. I love amazon. they snd an order confirmation plus you also receive a date that your order will be shipped. And another once it has been shipped. Order always arrives when they say it will. I love amazon. I won't be ordering zulilly again. Dont know if the shoes are coming or not.

robinj10
8/9/15

I got lured into this site by having to give them my email before being able to look at what they had. Every low priced item was either out of stock, or had sizes no one wears. I tried to find something in my size, but the only items in my size were expensive ones. I believe that one of the phony sale items actually exist.

janetl29
8/8/15

I have taken a chance and ordered several times and each order took 2 months to receive. If you need quickly, forget it. Some of the clothing was adorable and some was cheaply made. Unless I can get a good deal on good quality clothing, which is hard to find on Zulily, I won't order again. I'll wait till department stores have sales and I won't have to worry about shipping cost and lengthy delivery time.

archanar1
8/8/15

I ordered dress for my daughter and niece. Finishing of dress is so bad. They used glue to stick bow on frocks which is visible from sides. Stitching threads are out.
Don't go by picture, in picture it looks nice but quality and finish is not good.

rosannec
8/6/15

I bought three tops, two were the same. The two that wrre the same bled in the washer and onto other items. The decorative threads on the tops came unraveled. The other top I had to alter because it was too tight at the top and could not return it. The decorative threads also unraveled and the bottom hem came undone in several places.
I really liked the tops and got several comments, but it's not worth my money to try and purchase any other item. I'm sorry.

jenniferp69
8/6/15

I have ordered from Zulily several times. I will advize, only buy from actual stores that are being sold on Zulily that you can back check. There are a few stores that I buy from that are on Zulily every couple of months at cheaper prices. I have never had anything not fit or be of poor quality, however, it takes three weeks or more to get your items. I order some items almost two weeks ago and they still haven't even shipped. That is probably the only downfall, I have had anyway. Just know that when you are looking for quality clothing for cheap prices, it is not always going to be as you expect. Yes, I often find good deals but when I am paying $10 for a dress that would normally be $40-$50 at a boutique, I know that it may not be as good of quality or exactly what I want. But if I do come up short, I only spent $10.

kellyb103
8/6/15

I'm not sure why Everyone is blaming Zulily for the poor quality/fit of some items. Like us, I'm assuming all they get is a photo and a write up about the products. Given the number of suppliers they deal with, there is no way they could thoroughly review every single item.

Anytime I've had an issue with either the quality or an error with the order (e.g. The item I received I was not as depicted in the photo), I've simply taken photos of the item in question, attached them to an email to Zulily explaining the issue, and they have immediately refunded me the full purchase price, added a credit to my account, and have told me to either keep the product or donate/discard it.

My only issue with Zulily is that you are unable to return items that you just don't like once you've seen them in person and/or tried them on. Nothing really "wrong" with them, just not quite what you were expecting.

sheryllw
8/5/15

I have emailed Zulily several times about an order I received. The 3 items are a very small fit for a plus size. I want to return these but no one EVER gets back to you. I have now had these useless items of clothing for a couple of months. I would like my money back and to return these items. The customer service is very poor.

81 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have a pair of Tom shoes for my granddougther, they are a little small, any way to change?
8/27/13
Answer
jonv14
A: If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.
5/7/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I ordered a pair of boots from Zulily that were advertised as having a leather upper. Later, after looking these boots up elsewhere on the Internet, I learned they are actually manmade. I can't wear manmade shoes, and certainly not manmade boots. The boots have just been shipped. Is there any way I can get Zulily to take them back based on their erroneous advertising?
11/30/14
Answer
darquisev
A: If their advertisement was erroneous, evidently, Zulily should reimburse you immediately. Email their Customer Service & they will reply for sure. I encountered 2 or 3 times similar "incidents" and I was always reimbursed. Just tell it as it is, and you should be fine...
D.V.