US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyh60

I sent Zulily customer service a polite email, attaching relevant screen shots. (in 355 reviews)

erikal10

Zulily places a mass order from their suppliers when they get enough orders from customers to do so. (in 1,436 reviews)

angelac28

They will only give store credit minus 'delivery' fees. (in 115 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ceeb2
5/2/16

I ordered a few times. Every time there was issues with the order. Either it ran really big or really small. I always had to send it back. Sometimes they sent me a label to send it back for free and sometimes they gave me such problems returning it. There is no clear policy. After buying from zulily a few times i will not buy from them again!

veronical22
5/1/16

I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER OF ZULILY FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED. ALWAYS LOOK AT THE SIZE CHART FOR GARMENT AND READ THE DESCRIPTION OF WHAT GARMENT IS MADE OF. AS FAR AS SHIPPING THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN RIGHT ON TARGET WITH DELIVERY DATE AND YOU CAN TRACK YOUR ORDER. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ALSO OUTSTANDING. THIS IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE BETTER ONLINE SHOPPING SITES FOR CLOTHING, SHOES THAT I'VE COME ACROSS . ALWAYS HAPPY!

kristinet4
5/1/16

I have purchased many, many things from Zulily. This is one of my favorite - find something cool, fashionable, reasonably-priced site. Zulily doesn't make its own products - the brands that they sell do and many brands have excellent quality. I built a large amount of my unique workout/gym wardrobe through Zulily and got a lot of ideas with them. Beautiful tunics, too. And don't forget the sweet, pretty clothes for my little girls. Once in a great while, something looks great online, and I open the box, and it may be a little ill-fitting, or perhaps not what I had hoped for. The downside to Zulily - but remember, they disclose this in EVERY item posted - is that it is FINAL SALE. You cannot return. So you buy, it doesn't fit, tough luck. Be careful and look at the size chart (it is pretty accurate from my experience and I have thousands of dollars in their merchandise - I know because they tell me in my order history - can't believe it) - but I've been shopping there for over 2 years. I've found many beautiful, fun clothes that I cannot find at nearby brick-and-mortar stores.
It's not always great - of course, dealing with a company, you may never be able to feel 100% satisfied, but they did professionally respond to my complaint - I ordered a beautiful ivory maxi-dress, and it came to me some cream colored short number. I emailed customer service, attached pictures of what was mailed and pictures of what was advertised, and they did issue me a return authorization for this despite the no return policy because it was their fault. Also, if for whatever reason, the item you were lusting over was over-sold, they will let you know if they cannot ship it to you, and then credit you $10 for their mistake along with the entire refund to your purchase. I find this to be a very fair and ok way for the company to apologize.
So in general, I've had great experiences. For those who didn't - no problem, more stock for me to choose from! I don't like telling people much about Zulily because if I don't get the item on time - say I'm working and can't online shop, my size of a really cool item may go out of stock by the time I'm looking at it because of its popularity. I felt compelled to write this review however, because frankly, I'm shocked by the number of negative reviews.
But as with any other site, remember to always also look (especially with electronic items) at other websites to make sure it is not cheaper elsewhere.
Happy shopping!

dalef14
5/1/16

Their items have always been good quality and exactly what I ordered. I buy things for my grandchildren, and they love it. All brand named items at cheaper prices then at stores. I pay a lump sum for shipping each year because I buy so much it's worth it to me. Each item gives a approximate ship date, and yes it takes awhile to get items but I plan on that. They also are upfront about not being able to return items, and it says so on each item. I have gotten some things the wrong size, but I got them so cheap, I just donated them, and it's been a small amount of what I ordered. These complaints I have read on here have all been from people who obviously do not read the site when purchasing items, and don't take their measurements and check the sizes listed. I realized the two times I got the wrong size, it was my error in measuring. They get things from all over the world, and sizing is different in different places, and it's important to look at the sizing listed. I hardly ever go to a store...Zulily is the best!

Tip for consumers: Plan ahead for your purchases, some things can ship quickly, some can't, and read the estimated delivery time before ordering.

gaylew8
5/1/16

I am giving all 5 of my items a 5 star. Not only are they of beautiful fabric they all fit perfect. Thank you for these beautiful products

clarej12
5/1/16

The stuff looks so cute online, the clothes are so cheap! It's not worth buying, and waiting forever to receive the merchandise. Better quality at Target or Walmart!

alices70
4/29/16

Don't waste your money at zulily. I ordered two dresses which took at least 3 weeks to arrive. When they didn't fit and I needed to return them, they will only give you a store credit, not a refund. Plus you have to pay shipping both ways. Telling everyone I know NOT to shop zulily!

cyns
4/29/16

I had ordered two items before reading all of the horrible reviews and was seriously concerned that I wasted my money. The two items - Japanese painting sweatpants and a Gauze Cut-out top were just fine. The size was a little large on the pants (ordered medium) the quality looks good. The shipping did take 3 1/2 weeks but it arrived before the listed ship date.

All in all I am pleased. I did not experience any of the issues mentioned by other reviewers.

ks142
4/28/16

Ordered 2 dresses that looked so cute in the pictures. When they arrived they were so big & shapeless they looked like something I wouldn't even wear on Halloween! Ugly, ugly, ugly & cheapest fabric possible! Disgusting! Doesn't even deserve 1 star- Stay far, far away!

vickij14
4/26/16

I have ordered clothes many times over the past 2 years and always been delighted. They have some very pretty items not available elsewhere and at great prices. The sizes do come up a bit small but when I contacted customer support on one item which was too small they creditted me and told me to keep and give to a friend or charity shop. Excellent!

janicem47
4/26/16

The poorest service ever I've been waiting 14 days for product that nobody has bothered to ship or even egg knowledge me. I am very displeased with Zulily. They stink

elizabetht57
4/25/16

I have been ordering from Zulily for 2 years and have never been disappointed. I have ordered clothes for me, my children, grandchildren, and husband. We loved each and every thing. I have also ordered household items, outdoor stuff, and health and beauty products. Again, I was not deceived in any way. The free shipping is legit. If there are several items I want to buy, I will purchase one and get free shipping on the rest if I order before midnight. I love Zulily and will continue to order from them. If I am disappointed with my current order when it comes in, well that will be a first for me.

audriem
4/24/16

I have been ordering from zulily for over a year now, and I have been very excited each time. They kids clothes are super cute and for a great price! I've read some of the other reviews on this site which talk about clothing not fitting correctly or not making the person look flattering when they wore it. Of course youre not going to think it looks right on you, when the model wearing it is 5'9 and 120 lbs! That's a selling tactic! All stores do it. So when you shop zulily really look at the item and think of whether or not it will actually look good on you, and not if it looks good on the model, because clothes will not make you look like the model. Be realistic about what you are purchasing and you will be happy with your purchase. Again, I've order a few things for myself, tons for my kids (including shoes which I was really really happy about), and even gagdets for the kitchen and they have all been amazing!!! They sell real brands (like Carter's, little tykes, fisher price, etc). They do sell some cheaper made brands too so you do really have to look at what you are buying. But if you are realistic in your expectations and what you are buying then you will be excited at your purchase, as I have always been.

jr178
4/24/16

Unfortunately, I couldn't give 0 stars. This company is the worst! Ordering from here you have got to be very careful. They advertise one thing and they deliver another...but conveniently (for them!) they don't accept returns. Never trust a company when they don't make sure its consumers are happy/satisfied....and the free shipping/ship date crap is a BIG JOKE!!!!

BUYER BEWARE! Save your money or buy for another company that is reputable..this farce isn't it!!!

victorias52
4/23/16

I ordered 2 tops after seeing them on Zulily. They looked so nice when they were on the website. I really was not impressed with them. They were just not attractive. They were not how they appeared on the website. I personally would never order from them again. I guess it depends on what you like. They were kind of "matronly" to me with no real shape to them. They were not flattering on me at all.

allya7
4/23/16

I placed my order on zulily.com oblivious of its perceived reputation to ship the wrong item ands to take forever doing it.... Then I was warned by a family member and I became extremely nervous. After reading all the poor reviews here and at various other sites, I went back to my order info and it said it would ship out on May 1st, so I prepared myself and just hoped I'd get the right item. Today, 4/23, I was so ecstatic to see that my order is already here and that it's exactly what I ordered, and it's beautiful! No lower quality product here! Yay Zulily!

janr34
4/23/16

I have purchased several articles of clothing from this site, and so far, the issues I have are relatively minor. You do get what you pay for, and knowing that no returns are possible, I always make sure to order things that can be fixed if there is a problem. Make sure to read the sizing charts, look at the material the fabric is made of, and I almost always order a size bigger than what is recommended. The last two tunic-shirts I purchased were the same size, but one fit perfectly while the other draped like a tent. Fortunately, a pair of scissors and a turn on my sewing machine turned it into a lovely fitted tunic that I can't wait to wear this summer. One dress I bought has a twisted strap, and uses plastic adjusters, but for the price I don't mind fixing that as well. I've done the same for mis-made garments purchased at local stores. I'll continue to purchase off the site... but I like having the odd sewing project to work on. :)

bogdanav
4/23/16

They ship your product out 2 weeks after you have ordered and then you have to wait an additional 6 days to recieve it in the mail. They will have you waiting 2-3 weeks for a package and when you recieve it in the mail it won't be what you ordered bcus they got the shipping labels "mixed up" no sympathy for their customers.

nancyh99
4/22/16

I like the products Tunics I got from Zulily. One skirt was kind of cheap but fairly priced and I saw something similar in a store and it was more expensive. Items shipped out in a fair amount of time. So far happy and I would order from them again.

valeries34
4/22/16

Was truly interested in many of the products on Zulily, but, without being able to return anything, that doesn't work for me!! Also read the reviews, very glad I did!!!!

melissag63
4/21/16

Dom items are not what you think. Like anything else you need to take your time and investigate the brands that you are not familiar with. My experience is that I have liked all that I purchased events though I might not like it.you can always sell or give a gift.Price's can not be beat. Thanks Zullily!

cj182
4/21/16

I ordered a Gray-button Accent Layered dress from zulily.simply couture label.I wore it twice before the second layer gauze came apart. The seams simply tore apart. I am perplexed as to how the garment could fall apart after the second wearing. Buyer beware. This garment is very fragile and falls apart easy. It retails for $99.00 but was on sale for $29.99.

Tip for consumers: Nothing can be returned at zulily. Even if the quality is poor and you are dissatisfied. Buyer beware. Buyer beware. This garment is very fragile and falls apart easy. It retails for $99.00 but was on sale for $29.99.

kates73
4/20/16

The merchandise I ordered from this site took 19 days to arrive and was pure garbage.
Beware!

aylaa
4/19/16

Reading from the reviews, it seems many people have had terrible experiences, however, this is about how my experience went. For me, it went fine. I had no issues checking out, even got a little discount, item arrived intact, just as pictured, and in a fairly good amount of time.

I myself bought a Contigo water bottle, it was a final sale, so those can go terrible. This didn't go bad at all, came quickly, wasn't damaged, and was just as in the ad.

Quite happy with my purchase, but seeing what other say, will probably be my last one, sadly.

rhong
4/19/16

THE CLOTHING IS CHEAPLY MADE FOR THE COST YOU PAY. THE SHIRTS I ORDERED WERE SO DIVERSE WITH THE FIT. SOME TOO BIG SOME TOO SMALL AND THEN YOU CANT RETURN THIS MESS.

DO NOT ORDER IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO. WHAT KIND OF PLACE WONT TAKE RETURNS.

suzannem42
4/18/16

I ordered a purple tunic almost a year ago. I believe I paid a little more for shipping & handling (I live in Canada), I got the blouse (tunic) that I ordered. I did have to wait 2-3 months to get it, it fit me perfectly and was not a cheaply made, wrong size piece of crap I got from a Chinese based company a few days ago. I hope to make another purchase sometime in the future, and I hope Zulily that more positive reviews keep showing up on this site.

S.M.

marilynb37
4/16/16

Shopping at zulily based on their guidance I purchased several items only one fit (because it was stretchy knit material - cardigan). The dress I paid 20.00 dollars for can be purchased a Ross, Marshalls or TJ Maxx for 10-12 dollars. The material for the other item were extremely cheap...I can get much better quality at the same price when I shop for the sale at Macys and Nordstrom Rack. Trust me save your money and don't shop this company; and to top it off they don't give refunds...only credit for future purchased with them.

ina
4/15/16

if it were not for males, the cute little girls seen on the commercials would not exist! You know... Up&down. Ham&cheese. Girls&boys. Balancing act.
Where are the boys!!?

beatet
4/15/16

What I received looks different from the pictures. The sizing is all wrong. The oversized top I ordered is short and tight. The other top I ordered I can throw away. It is supposed to be a large but not even extra small. It may fit a 8 year old child. What a waste of money

mariac138
4/15/16

I really wish I had read these reviews first. What junk! I even "contacted" the company to complain about the extremely low quality (but high prices). Do you know what the reply was? "We hope you're enjoying your products." Um...did they even read my email? Evidently not! I'm dreading the other two products I purchased. Seriously a huge waste of money.

nadiah8
4/15/16

Don't believe about there shipping1_2 days , plus i invited 2 friends to zulily and they wouldn't give me 15 $ credit back ...never order from them again

mochhal
4/15/16

The prices and pictures of the products are deceiving. I honestly believe all the companies and stores are legitimate. But they sell all their defective and damaged products through Zulily website. These clothes, shoes, and products are most likely the irregulars during the production process. Rather than dispose them, they are up to the minimal standards to be SOLD. It's the Lemon Law for clothes; AS IS. We good folks work very hard and trying to find good prices for our families but a no return policy is too much of a gamble.
Anyways I purchased a beautiful maxi dress, it was so long and wide, two people could fit inside. I'm stuck. Now waiting on another order I placed. Very disappointed :(

terib9
4/13/16

Ordered 3 tops at $35 a piece, not cheap. Took a month to receive and they will all be going in the trash. One was plaid pattern, but looks like sewn by a 10 year old. Plaid pattern at front & back seam were not even attempted to match up, off by at least 3'. I would be embarrassed to wear in public. Fabric horrible. Second top was same as first, but different fabric which was horrible, cheap, not wearable doesn't breath. Last looks ok until you put it on, them what should be a stripe in center of top is not lined up center of top, but off to the side by about 2'. Will absolutely never order from this crooked company again, you might as well shop at the dollar store and save hundreds.

patriciad78
4/12/16

I ordered a pair of Carlos Santana peep toe boots it took almost 3 weeks to receive my package and when I did....they sent me these hideous BAMBOO sandles Nothing at all what I ordered no resemblance COMPLETELY different shoe that I wouldn't have ordered... RUN FROM THIS SITE!!!!!!

georginad3
4/11/16

I pray that these bad reviews I am reading are not the norm. I have been ordering up a storm. Spending a lot of money. It better not be trash.

miriaml13
4/11/16

Just received my second order. First was poor sizing and tissue thin fabric with poor seams and not even as good as s Walmart. Second order was even worse plus four weeks shipping. This site sucks, wish I had read the reviews. No more orders from me and I am blocking their emails.

cathyp23
4/11/16

I have been deciding for the last couple of months whether to purchase at Zulily. With the no return policy it truly is a gamble. Well my gamble did not pay off. I purchased two tops, one was extremely too small the other was horrid. So... I learned my lesson 40 dollars down the drain but lesson learned. I will not shop with Zulily for clothes ever again.

danac52
4/9/16

I can deal with the three weeks it took to get the dress that look so beautiful online. When my order arrived today I was so disappointed. Looks nothing like the picture and the quality is so poor. The dress will be going in the trash and I won't be ordering from Zulily again.

kellir7
4/9/16

I have ordered exactly 2 times. I have never ordered clothes because you cannot return them. The first time, I had to email them to "remind" them to send my order, and another time I waited for the expected shipping time (3 weeks out from order date) and the day came and went. I checked my status. No updates, no email, no nothing to indicate when the order "might" be shipped to me. I emailed them the first time...they just said "no status update, you are more than welcome to cancel if you want to". What the h3ll? That is just what I did. I will never order from them again. They take your money when they don't even have the items, and if something goes wrong, or they over-sell it, they just basically tell you to go pound sand. If you want shoes, order from Zappos. Yeah, you pay more, but great customer service at your doorstep within a day with free shipping? Yes please!

barbarad61
4/9/16

I have not ordered yet but I have ordered from other inexpensive Chinese clothing websites. The clothes are not US sizes. XL is XS. From reading the reviews this seems the case. The other sites were Chinese retailers and took a long time to come in. And the smell. Knock you over. You get what you pay for. The reason they don't let you return is because they are not in this country. Glad I read these reviews. Will delete my app.

ambera26
4/8/16

I placed my order over a month ago, and a date was told me of when it was shipped out, now it is 3 weeks past that shipping date and they continue to tell me the order is delayed and they arent sure when it will be shipped. Each person I have contacted has had different say on it. It is ridiculous! Will NEVER ORDER AGAIN FROM HERE. Do not waste your time

donnac101
4/7/16

I love Zulily! After a long illness and weight loss I needed to rebuild my closet, actually every thing. My daughter taught me how to shop online. Every thing I have orded fit perfect, love the style options and fabric. I'm a senior, Zulily shopping has been a wonderful experience. I called once and the staff was amazing, so friendly and helpful I may be 70 but feel like 17. What a blast. Thanks Zulily for the comfort and style Every thing from the inside out Wish I could give MORE STARS.

chimc1
4/7/16

I made a first purchase from this site and received my order yesterday and I have to say for the price and wait time it was absolutely not worth it. I ordered 2 of the printed tunics they usually have on sale regularly. The quality was very cheap and something you can get from one of those cheap street shops for $10-15. I will never buy from Zulily again. Photos looked really great though as I'm sure there are tricks to make them look high-end. However the actual products look and feel really really cheap. My tunics had a certain kind of awful dye smell too. I'm tempted to return them but don't know if it's worth the hassle.

maryp124
4/7/16

Zulily used to be great, but has gone downhill quickly. The last few orders have been a joke! I ordered a fire pot and a stand...got the stand but the canceled the fire pot! I emailed customer service and asked why I would want the stand and no fire pot. I was told to "gift" the stand to someone I r donate it...seriously!!!!! Takes forever to get your order. Just not worth it!!! Save your $$$

barbyd
4/7/16

I was really nervous about ordering from zulily because of the reviews but I finally took a chance and ordered two tops and a hat for my niece. All three were good quality and well made. There are a couple things you need to know before you buy anything. You MUST go by the size chart measurements, not the size. One company is three sizes bigger than what I normally buy, but it fits great. Also, the description tells you if it's made to order or will ship right away so you have an idea on how long you might have to wait. Shipping does take awhile so I only order stuff I don't mind waiting on. And I don't think I've seen an item yet that you can return. Most the items I've seen say they won't accept returns, probably because it's made to order. I have cancelled an order before and it was very easy. So far I feel zulily has been consistent with what they advertise and the quality is good. Add long as you read the information and use the size chart, you will be happy.

lynnew17
4/6/16

I placed two orders with Zulily in early February, 2016. One was for five articles of clothing, and the other was for four articles of clothing plus two identical pieces of furniture.

I contacted Zulily on February 23 about returning one of the pieces of furniture. There have been excuses and promises to send the info, but nothing has been forthcoming.

Every single piece of clothing has to be returned, due to ridiculous size discrepancies. As of this writing, 4/6/16, I have not received ANY of the requested info about returning any items.

It's as if I'm the first customer to ever need to process a Zulily return transaction!!

Needless to say, I will NEVER shop this website again and will tell everyone I know to choose likewise.

Lynne W.

tessb6
4/6/16

I have never gotten clothes from them because I am alway worried about online clothes shopping but I have gotten many pairs of shoes from them and they are PERFECT! Both sizes fit great and one was for a fancy evening and another pair were cute sandals I absolutely love them both!

kimm132
4/6/16

First off - be prepared for a long wait if you order here. By the time the clothes arrive they are no longer in season - in fact I had usually forgotten I ordered them! Quality and fit is seldom as described, and customer service is just a mess. Returns are almost impossible. My suspicion is most of these clothes come from China - which accounts for the differences in fit, quality, and inability to return. Prices are high for what you get. STAY AWAY!!

paigem18
4/5/16

I ordered two shirts. They took at least 5 weeks to get to me. They looked nothing like the pictures, and they were well-worn. The sizes were way off as well.

jenniferl140
4/5/16

I think their customer service is amazing. I've never had a problem with them not handling issues with my orders, but I spend several thousand bucks a year. That being said, I'd say one out of every four things I order is unwearable. The quality is REALLY inconsistent. It used to be that the original price of the items was a fair indicator of the quality, but even when you're at TJ Maxx and you see those ten dollar jeggings with the $55 original price tag on them...it's actually worse here. I've gotten shirts that I paid 30 bucks for and are unwearable (sizing off or too thin or poorly made). I DO leave feedback on every item I get, so hopefully they know when their vendors are sending out crap.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

169 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 day ago
Add your answer
3 days ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

32 Photos for Zulily