US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellid1

People say they want to meet you, few follow through. (in 209 reviews)

teresaz1

Now, I am attracted to tall guys and that is made clear on my profile. (in 206 reviews)

johnf130

Almost signed up then I found about an extra $30 dollar fee after I entered my credit card info. (in 28 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

merricksp
6/9/15

Anne and I meet on zsooks june 4th, we meet in person june 6th and attended mass june 7th I asked her officially to b my and only my girlfreind, she accepted so goodby and good luck to everyone on zsooks.

elijahm40
6/9/15

Great website to meet local singles, highly recommend zoosk

alk66
6/9/15

Read this before you join Zoosk is the worst biggest rip off site of them all they charge you for everything. After you sign up they Dell you coins that you need to exist on the site you pay to view members then you pay to contact them you pay just to find out about your matches even you pay again to unlock thierprofiles again you pay to get information on members that say they want to meet them and on and on all this really adds up I am on a couple of other dating sites that are ligit but once again this site should be outlawed. It is the biggest rip off dating sight you could imagine

brianb120
6/8/15

I was a skeptic right out of the gate. And each time met someone from an online dating site I was disappointed. But honestly, subscribing to Zoosk saved me countless hours of aimlessly wandering from "hotspot" to "hotspot" in the hopes of meeting someone. I have tried other sites and from my perspective their really isn't a whole of difference. You either have the patience and determination or you don't. Maybe it changes over time. Either way, find something you are comfortable with and stay at it. As for Zoosk, it was fine as online dating scenes go. I don't really care for the automatic payment for Zoosk coins but that is just a preference. Best of luck to you!

briang51
6/7/15

Thank you.

dang41
6/5/15

1. First, I don't understand people that complain about spending a little money to potentially meet someone and yet they won't hesitate dropping $5 or $6 on a coffee drink. I spent $56.21 for a six month membership in Oct 2014. I actually called Customer Service to ask a question and he/she offered to drop the activation/registration fee ($25, I think), if I joined right then ... so I gave it a try.

2. I knew I was in trouble from the very beginning when some Zoosk censor edited my profile. I can understand removing email addresses, phone numbers, profanity, etc. But all I put was "please be patient with me, I don't log on very often." They removed the "I don't log on very often", so it was "please be patient with me" which makes it sound like I'm a little "slow".

3. One of my pics was a chest shot (no frontal nudity) and they removed the pic, could never figure out why.

4. Like so many other reviews have stated, the Zoosk Coins thing is very annoying. It feels like you are being nickel and dimed, even after you have PAID for membership.

5a. The Carousel feature is very strange. You are asked if you are interested in someone based solely on their age and picture (pretty shallow if you are looking for something more meaningful). I thought it was a tool to learn more about your tastes, so the site could make more educated matches. I didn't know it was actually sending messages to the people I answered yes.

5b. Now the people that show up in this Carousel feature are no where in your immediate geographic area. So you could be responding yes to people in neighboring states. I live in Las Vegas and got messages from California, Utah, Arizona ... most of the Western US. I don't think those other guys realized I was far away as well.

6. The chat feature is dumb. How hard is it to create a straightforward program to exchange messages back and forth? But somehow Zoosk managed to screw that up as well.

7. There's a SmartPic feature where Zoosk picks a potential meetup, you have 24 hours to reply. In the whole six months, I replied to approx. 20 but never heard back from one.

8. Like other reviews have stated, you do get lots of messages from other people but when you reply, you never hear back from them. Which makes you think the original message was a fake message generated by Zoosk.

9. I should have read the Sitejabber reviews on Zoosk before I joined. Oh well, next time.

jm150
6/5/15

Zoosk was easy to use, especially on my phone.

michaelc169
6/5/15

Was the right time and the right place in both our lives, family, pets and friends!

davidb295
6/5/15

Thanks for helping me find a special person!

oscars20
6/4/15

More real people on this site than others. Love the overall set up of Zoosk. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a mate!

az153
6/2/15

Take your time. Read between the lines. Listen. Be truthful. Know what you want and be prepared to accept what you want.

annn15
6/1/15

Zoosk is a great dating site. Being able to control what you are looking for is what I liked best. I was able to choose the age, ethnicity, religion and distance specifically for me. After using Zoosk for only a couple weeks I have found a match that truly makes me happy so I am ending my search.

seanf20
5/31/15

ruthn7
5/31/15

Lots of people to meet , well done

tamir4
5/30/15

This site worked great for me, I found my soul mate and it was a connection at first site. We both feel the same and have continued our relationship and I am the happiest I have ever been. I know believe those stories of love at first site, it really does exist.

genem23
5/30/15

met someone here, She is really special

williama55
5/30/15

I just became a member of Zoosk and I'm not sure I would sign up again. The site itself is fine, but the up-selling through the use of coins is, in my mind, really lame. Once you PAY for a membership fee, you shouldn't have to keep shelling out more money to see who viewed you, etc. It's like joining a gym and then finding out you have to pay extra to use the treadmill machine or weights. There is a way to "earn" coins by reviewing other members' profiles, but why? Just give me what I paid for! Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Tip for consumers: Just know that your monthly fee (which will be automatically renewed until canceled) doesn't cover everything. You are encouraged to buy "coins" to see who's viewed you.

eddiem40
5/29/15

I use to work for another one similar to this one
All it is bunch a fake people and automated
Specially when you Click to get coins and play
It's a big game and lots of the people fall into this big game
Don't waist your money with non of them.
Lots of the good review is fake we use to do the same fake them or you get fired.....
Save your money for a good use. It's a shame.

leydenh
5/29/15

I WAS going to join but then I better look at the reviews. Does not seem like it is worth the bother of joining. I have been on other sites and run into FAKE profiles and I am SICK of that. Think I will just move on........can think of better places to put my hard earned money!

sabrinam18
5/29/15

I immediiatly got views within ten min and met someone who I really connected with. It was an awesome experience.

brucea21
5/28/15

I've been on other sites. Zoosk by far the friendliest and kept up to date with no dead profiles posted.
A pleasant experience.
Bruce

andyk33
5/27/15

ridiculous about how much they want you to spend. Go to POF.

toshiab
5/27/15

Well I didn't think I would find someone but I did and he is everything and more that I want in a man!!

mitche630
5/27/15

So you pay for membership but they want more and it's a stupid dating site. I read reviews that said it was the best but I think it's one of the worst!!!!!!

greggg7
5/26/15

Need a way to sort search results by age, location, other characteristics. Carosel photo should have caption that indicates location as well as age.

stepong
5/26/15

I recommend Zoosk if you are serious about meeting a guy.

isabellag4
5/26/15

I met a lot of nice people

tonya130
5/26/15

When I see the good reviews on here I know they must be fake. This is my experience with Zoosk. Before you sign up you browse and leave a wink for people. Then Zoosk tells you that they have left you a message when in fact it is a message from Zoosk telling you that the person wants more than a wink, but that is from Zoosk not the person...so in order for to send more than a wink you have to sign up.

Once you sign up they charge additonal fees beyond the monthly. Then you have to pay additionally for what they call coins. You are forced to use these coins to interact with people. So even when you are signed up and paying the monthly fees they milk you for these coins.

Thirdly, they tell you in order to be more popular you need to use these coins to raise it.

laurelb11
5/26/15

I paid my fee for a month, but am being asked more money in order to chat and reach some of my matches. Not cool, beginning to feel like a scam.

jorgem27
5/26/15

Es una aplicacion muy Buena y encontre lo que buscaba

pattye4
5/26/15

Found the love of my life! Thank you Zoosk!

rudolfa
5/25/15

You have to be proactive if you want connections and chats.

rayr26

Seek Christ!

danielh79
5/25/15

Signed up yesterday. Still trying to determine how much of a ripoff Zoosk is re: rubles required to communicate, self promotions by zoosk on dating site review websites, etc. probably will seek a refund. Daniel H. Esq.

lonnied15
5/24/15

Zoosk is indeed a SCAM. This is important, read it.

"Views" are not actually someone CLICKING your profile. Say you view someone, and they view you. That's now in their history, and yours. If that someone browses the list who viewed them, it will show up as viewing YOU again.

Do you get it?

If you think someone is clicking your profile over and over, you assume they are interested and waiting for your first move, right? Zoosk knows that.

Zoosk is creating fake interest, just to keep you clicking profiles, sending messages, and viewing more profiles. All to pretend Zoosk has real "action". I'm sure some actuary is quoting those false numbers to some executive who is smiling.

As for "matches" Zoosk selects, it is all ego-stroking. There is no intelligent matching, it's all a lie. Zoosk chooses the most attractive and "matches" you. Wow, you think at the beginning, I'm flattered. But considering the Zoosk business model, by clicking that person's profile and they clicking back, Zoosk ensures that an attractive person will "view" you many times, as I say above. Further stroking your ego.

All to keep you paying Zoosk.

With silly "carousel", purchasing "Zoosk coins" even when a paying member, and "popularity meter", you get a real insight into their mind set. YOU REALLY DO NOT WANT TO BE THERE.

Zoosk is an insult, and the product of a company which thinks very little of you.

cherylr15
5/24/15

That carousel game where you earn 40 coins a day is to keep you and all the people you say "maybe" or 'yes' to (in regards to "are you interested in?") Is just a way to make you think that there is interest in you! It just goes around and around and the caliber of contact is poor.I joined for a month and by week 3 I had one date where the guy was drunk and with his mate. 3 guys boasting of their sexual prowess, one guy that chatted for a while and then got to asking about having an intimate relationship. They all seemed like they were using it for a shop for sex. Boring, over rated and crap dating site.

melissaz4
5/23/15

Your site needs to be fixed, so you can use the payment plan. So I was able to find my love on another site that was free. Thank you, I was able to see this wonderful man on your site. And was able to talk to him on another site.

groverj9
5/22/15

She saw my profile and liked it. She said call her so we could talk. After that we meet and went to have dinner at Skippers Sea Food Place. We drove around in my car with the top down it was a very warm day here in Washington State. Went back to my house watch a movie. Good day. next day we meet after she got off work and went to karaoke, had a great time. Still going strong. Monday a movie I am very Happy. THANKS

dinad4
5/22/15

I met someone very special using this site. However, it's kind of funny because it wasn't my favorite site to use. I didn't find it to be user friendly and most everyone who contacted me lived a great distance away. In fact, the man who I met lives in a different state but is making plans to move to my state which has enabled us to be together.

I am very happy to have met such a wonderful man and I do thank Zoosk for that.

randyh31
5/21/15

it was useful and the site provided me much intel and I have met a wonderful women

vees3
5/21/15

It took a while, but it was worth the wait. I'm not sure I love the new layout but I suppose that it is progress. I met some very nice people as well as my share of throwbacks. I would recommend the site to others.

kenneths44
5/21/15

it took some time but the key word is patient

lonij
5/21/15

It took a while, but met someone that has potential for a long term relationship!

stephenb77
5/20/15

Took a chance on a long distance relationship it working so far

kays36
5/20/15

Your messages and winks do not go directly to individuals zoosk control everything and they want you to pay more and more money before you really connect with a person ..even after you have subscribed... It's a waste of your time

donaldt17
5/20/15

I met my match. She is greatest person I think I have ever met. We click in almost every fashion possible.

tarar10
5/20/15

We started talking and hit it off right off the bat. I love how we do have some things in common like having Christ in our lives and wanting to go to church and wanting to succeed in life where our careers are concerned. He is very sweet, kind, a gentleman, respectful, faithful, etc. Thank you Zoosk for helping me find him. :)

terrie20
5/19/15

good experience

kellye17
5/18/15

Benefits of "Free access" you can search for potential matches and that's about it.

Benefits of "paid membership" 1)you can search for potential matches 2)you're granted "limited" access to instant chat and replying to messages meaning they cut you off after possibly 20 chat/messages and you get a message that says whoo you've been busy,come back tomorrow.

Get this people, Zoosk still WANTS you to pay "real money" to purchase "gold coins" to even see IF the person read YOUR message in the first place. You also have to use 30 gold coins to unlock your possible match profile. i mean WTF? You would think that since you're a paid subscriber for membership, you'll have UNLIMITED access to the site, unlimited chats, unlimited replies to messages, unlimited unlocking of profiles....but no that would be Too easy..

staciad
5/18/15

I tried just about all the online dating sites: Match.com, Eharmony, Plenty of Fish, OkCupid, and even services like It's Just Lunch. What made Zoosk different was just how active it was. I found it easy to review potential matches, and the people here seemed more willing to give meeting in person a try. I went on several great dates with guys I met on the site, but it wasn't until Zoosk suggested "Will" as my SmartPick that I found "The One." Our first date was in July, and nine months later he proposed at the Eiffel Tower in Paris. We are getting married later this year. I'm so happy that I didn't give up on online dating before giving Zoosk a try. For obvious reasons, I would highly recommend it!

26 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: The web site is a nightmare. You cannot delete your account. You can only cancelled. So, as soon as I started dating this guy, I went and cancelled the stupid account. However, the account never went away, it was still showing. Not only that but consistently throughout 3 months, it showed that I was adding friends. From 3, it went up to 13. Thank goodness my boyfriend trusted me to believe that I was not talking to other guys, but I must confess that I was pretty embarrassed. I did not know what to tell him other than, I had NO idea what is going on.
Has anybody heard of that???
7/16/13
Answer
andrewl57
A: Are you talking about Zoosk? Or what web site? I have found on any of the dating sites that they do in deed keep your info.....if you just cancel....its not enough. You have to realize that your subscription doesn't end until the date it was supposed to end. So if you signed up for 3 months....and canceled it after 1 month....it is still active for the remainder of the 3 months. You actually have to go in and HIDE or Deactivate your profile so that no one can view it. Make sure you go into "settings" and turn off all of the mail settings so that you do not keep getting notifications of messages and views. That should solve your problem.
4/5/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: why do the same men frequent your profile and never broach a conversation?
4/4/15
Answer
donj23
A: They aren't really viewing your profile...Zoosk populates your Views with people to make you think you are popular, so you will frequent the site. Zoosk is deceptive and playing games with your emotions!
4/5/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

17 Photos for Zoosk