US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

deirdrea3

Otherwise, I had a positive experience and did meet some quality people along the way. (in 332 reviews)

miguelg11

I called Zoosk customer service for a discount on the subscription. (in 29 reviews)

billm116

It's not fair for people to think someone is interested before I read their profile. (in 280 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jerrym75
1/26/16

We chatted a little , met at a restaurant , hit it off , been dating ever since. So far its been going good.

theg15
1/26/16

Koosk dating site is 99.99% a money wasting site; most all females on it drastically fib / lie about true age or there suffering from some Benjamin Button fatal aging disease. 50% + are nothing but gold diggers, out of control raves on how wonderful they are and think they are Gods gift to the male population. Fact is; someone divorced them; Boom! Guess they were not as perfect as they believe. Most are clueless t the skill of marketing and advertising their goods. No body looks that good just waking up and yet we see these trolls post these kinds of pictures. They continually post they want someone humorous who can make them laugh yet; they if they do responds show they do not a humorist bone in their bodies. Most have zero personalities and are socially zeros. Conclusion; don’t waste your money on Koosk and most likely any dating site unless you’re a true predator and serial homicidal maniac; than yes; Koosk is a high target environment for two one, two or more times losers. Why do you women think as you ask for, that someone with a brain is going to give you on your first meeting an expensive dinner with all the fixings just to find out you’re a boring stinky old loser. Remember guys; it’s never early enough to make a head call and get the heck out of there and for all their untruthfulness; stick them with the check. These dating sites are a waste of money and your time. I will let you in on something; I have met up “meeting” with women here who boasted about their principals and all the Bull they throw out on being a good girl etc. and have the date end with them asking me if I want to go home with them. I have yet to say yes. Sorry; I have a flight to catch.

lynnettef1
1/25/16

I met a very nice man on zoosk about 11 months ago, I met him in person last week. So I am not looking anymore. Thanks

maryh179
1/25/16

If it wasn't for Zoosk i would have not met the perfect guy we have been together now for 3 weeks

pauld139
1/25/16

We were very open and honest. We clicked on many levels and felt that we should be exclusive to each other

bp43
1/25/16

I created a zoosk account without a photo of my me, it was trees. I did not pay for the service yet because I wanted to look around. Within 3 days I had received 11 emails from prospective women. You can't read the emails unless you pay for the service. As a long time member of many of many date sites 11 emails without a photo is well beyond normal, for a man. For woman this is normal but online dating statistics would show that only 5% of men receive 5.5 first contact emails per week. I can only suspect that they use false profiles and emails or try and get you to join. The only other option I can conclude is that Women must really like trees and are prone to email them more often.

lloydh17
1/24/16

Both Rhonda and I feel like we were "led" to this site. It's through this that we found each other and we are both SOOOOO happy. Certainly, a success story.... one that is not over yet. But it will continue each and every day as our love for each other grows. Looking forward to our developing relationship. Thank you Zoosk for supplying the means to find the love of my life.

darlad1
1/24/16

Overall very good site! I really like that the picture, phone and facebook are verified! I had just about give up and cancelled my subscription and just decided to wait and let the man say he wanted to meet me when I met my guy! So happy and we both have so much in common! Thanks for making it as safe as possible for the women!

jand50
1/22/16

I met someone on this site and now I want to cancel my subscription and NOT be charged again ! Please take note or I will take further action if my card is charged again . Thank you. Jan Draper

kendrac4
1/22/16

I found someone who is honest and trustworthy!

jasonb187
1/22/16

Some the girls are totally legit on the site! But then you get the ones who say there living here but reality they in Russia! very disappointed in the site so far.
And have complained to them!

brandonw27

Two things:

They trick you(Yes, trick you!) into purchasing a subscription that's cleverly designed to pay more for a longer period of time compared to the closely follow up subscription priced just below that for one month.

They also duplicate month old messages that you've already seen(Note, at this point your subscription is cancelled) to make you think you have new messages from new people so you decide to sign up for that subscription once again.
Well, guess what... They played you again!

patsyt5
1/21/16

I started Zoosk mainly for entertainment purposes, I met some pretty cool people & some pretty strange people. I had no plans of meeting the person I wanted to spend my life with but it happened to me. Overall Zoosk was a great experience for me. I hope that I am never single again but I would definitely recommend Zoosk to others.

maryl197
1/21/16

I read Jims profile and he sounded like me and what i was looking for We have been texting and talking for only 4 days We are not being desperate, lonely, or wreckless ( well maybe a lil) But we never want to stop talking or texting Wish Us Luck <3

petere34
1/20/16

Wow, where to start. I signed up because I read that it was the #1 dating app. I signed up for free and started getting messages right away (imagine that). However you can't read any messages unless you pay. I signed up so I could see these messages and decided on a 6 month membership because it was discounted and I figured it would take a little while to meet the a good match. Big mistake.

The so-called messages that I received were actually just "winks" and it is not clear if they were from actual people or just an automatic thing the site does to try to get people to sign up. The site seems to be more about chatting with people and the profiles usually have very little info.

I tried to figure out how to cancel but it was really hard to find any contact info. When I contacted them and they told me I had a 3 day window to cancel since I live in California. There was still 1 day left and I cancelled immediately. However I did not receive a refund. Apparently all this did was make sure that my membership did not renew automatically.

Since I had already paid I continued to check in on the site to see if I could make the most of it. Wow, what a total waste of time. In 6 months time and a significant effort I did not wind up meeting one person and it was difficult to even get someone to chat with me. There was one woman that did want to meet but she was frustrated with the site so she quit. She sent me her number before she quit but I did not write it down immediately and once her profile was gone so was the message with her number.

My membership expired recently and I checked back to see some of the messages that I had received but all the communication that I had over that time was blocked. I could see the messages that I wrote but all of the responses were blocked. How bogus is that?

I am on 2 other sites that do not require you to pay to contact other users. In the same time I have met several women from those sites. The information that people provide in their profiles on those other sites gives you a much better idea if you are a good match. One of the sites even matches you up based on a quiz that you fill out.

Bottom line, I would not recommend this site to anyone. It is worthless if you do not pay and not much better than that if you do.

kenf34
1/20/16

Don't do it because I am not sure if any of the women who visited my profile actually exist. And constant pressure to buy is a pain

They also send you piles of profiles that are a very long way from your stated preferences

Don't rate it at all

elizabeths125
1/19/16

I tell you I never thought a relationship could be this great !!! And sometimes just looking in your close area you may be missing out on a perfect match !!!! I fell in love with the greatest MAN I have ever known !! I would 100% recommend anyone that is wanting a relationship that is compatible to come here ! The best choice I have ever made !!! And we are now almost 3 years into our relationship !!! Thank you ZOOSK for saving us from another failed marriage ! And he is an amazing father to my kids :)

james--jimj
1/19/16

I have "Chatted" with many on this site over the last 3 months. The first Lady was in the very first week, but she informed me she was dating at that time. In the 3rd month we contacted once again and established a meeting time and place. We still don't know how this might advance in a relationship, but at the least it will remain a good friendship. Thank you Zoosk. Jim

michelles143
1/18/16

I've found a very compatible man to share my life with, I'm so happy I met him on Zoosk

renam4
1/18/16

I finally met the person I was searching for on Zoosk. Took a couple tries, had alot of disappointments bit it was worth it because of end result.

rond88
1/18/16

They have a ridiculous policy that if you want to take a break (deactivate), that when you come back, any time you left paid for, is still not past date, is gone. They just keep it and ask for more $$! No other personals site I used has such a take-n-keep policy. Bad business policy and not competitive.

sandrah46
1/17/16

Userin friendly. Honest people serious about wanting real connection. Very happy with Zoosk

mariac116
1/17/16

Of all the dating websites, Zoosk members were the most down to earth and were willing to make an effort to connect and meet people. Other websites had a lot of scammers. I would recommend this website to others.

chelinov
1/17/16

Zooks is a good dating app and helps you meet people

michaelc259
1/17/16

i found a wonderful beautiful young woman i cant wait to see what the future holds for us.

richardm155
1/17/16

This site is manipulated by the site administrators. I constantly received viewings in 80% of the cases when I messaged the lady concerned they had not viewed me at all as a result I had to subsequently block that profile. I also received false notifications that someone wanted to chat with me. I know for a fact that at least two profiles were years old and the people concerned were no longer a members. Only view members who are on line or have recently been on line. The rest are probably old profiles of ex members. When you leave the site make sure you edit you profile and remove it.

Tip for consumers: Do not bother. do not spend any money.

joser64
1/16/16

Finally I found my love on here

neils50
1/16/16

From the first time i saw this woman i knew that we would hit it off, Just a feeling and i was right ! Thank You Zoosk from both of us !

tilaks
1/16/16

Too many fake people on this site.

shawna96
1/16/16

I would recommend zoosk to anyone.....I met some wonderful women & had quite a few different dates, with different women. Only thing that's frustrating....is not knowing who can even read the emails u send, or who can email back!?? Due to them maybe not being fully paid members. It just gets frustrating, cuz when trying to message them, u don't know if they've read your msg or just aren't interested! ??

arlenec10

Thank you Zoosk!

michaele77
1/15/16

U can meet lots of different people on here

stacyl47
1/15/16

They ask my preferences but then completely ignore them and my "smart picks" and "carousel" are always men 10-15 years older than have any interest in. My default preferences should be the ones I choose not them! If a person is no longer paying them remove their profile and once you choose delete why do they continue to show up in your picks? What a waste!

harrietl8
1/14/16

It was good and bad. There are so many strange people out there. The three I met look nothing like their pics

kelsia
1/14/16

It took a while, but I met a great guy and we have so much in common! So happy to have met him :)

brentb34
1/14/16

I thought that meeting someone online and making a real connection would never really happen. But, fortunately, for me I was wrong. I have found the perfect woman for me. We have made pans for our future together, and I can say that I truly love her. I thought that I would never feel love again, Once again, I was proven wrong. In saying all of that, I'm glad that I stepped out side of my comfort zone to find someone. For the first time in a very long time I am happy. Looking the all I want is for this girl to be happy. Thanks for everything.

jaxm1
1/14/16

Some bad apples, as you'd expect; for the most part, the guys seemed pretty genuine though; even kind of sweet sometimes.

mattw52
1/13/16

to be honest im not a bad looking guy. i have no trouble with girls in real life but i moved somewere new and i didnt no eney one so i thort i give it a try. had no luck its more for attention seekers than eney thing else.

dennis
1/13/16

had a lot of dates but didn't meet the one. Almost gave up. Then I met Stepphanie. It was like we had known eachother all our lives. We are getting married. My advice is to be patient and rush things or get discouraged. It took almost ma year but I found my soul mate.

robertl170
1/13/16

This has to be one of the most devious Sites , they send you false notifications about other members that viewed your profile in order to generate a response, I have contacted other members andt they had stated they had NOT viewed my profile when Zoosk indicated they had, also be wary of the automatic subscription renewal from your Bank Account be shure to cancel this another mistake I made ..I have now cancelled my subscription and will not be renewing it with these bunch of cowboys..AVOID

karens164
1/12/16

I have been on many dating sites for 2 years and I have had plenty of first meetings and even a short relationship but just couldn't find the man I wanted.
So I took a break from dating sites from time to time only finding myself going back and each time being disappointed. After about a 2 month break, I decided to sign on Zoosk as a free member and just peruse the site for awhile to see if I wanted to pay and advance my membership. On the 2nd day after signing up on Zoosk, I logged into the site and it gave me a row of pictures to click through. One click, 2 clicks, 3 clicks.... and there he was..... a picture of Jay! I definitely hit the "YES" button.. He was so handsome and there was something about his eyes and smile that I loved. He flirted back, I had to message this man so I paid my membership fee and started messaging Jay. It was his last day on Zoosk and he wasn't going to renew his membership!!. We met in person 3 days later and it was love at first sight. We are planning on a definite future together. Thank you Zoosk.

manouchekac
1/12/16

I'm lucky to find my future husband on zoosk. which everyone the best of luck. Thanks zoosk.

omarw7
1/12/16

I enjoyed my time on here and maybe I'll be back

kennetho7
1/12/16

No one knows where to find a kindred spirit. Chance meetings at the mall or grocery store are only available on each persons best days. In my profession I see many peoples lives through tax preparation. I see love for spouses and I see the ones that just hang on. I am jealous of those that have found that long term person. This site and all dating sites that encourage people to find that are a God send. As many bad experiences that people put on the other, the real goal is to find one out of this haystack. I hope that I have found that person here. I have no clue how I would have found her any other way. Thanks!

joycen4
1/10/16

When you connect you just connect. Love at first sight. Met my forever after. Thank you Zoosk.

jessicat60
1/10/16

I met the greatest guy the first day I was on the site :)

steveb160
1/10/16

I joined as a free member and stayed that way for about a week and loads of people checked out my profile and sent messages I couldn't open. I also got a lot of the round robin type emails that get sent out and hopefully fool you into thinking you're doing even better than you are and tempt you to spend out on a contract.

I paid a months membership and sure enough there were some personal emails as well. I continued to get some good interest and yet decided I'd not stay with this site after a month as I have membership elsewhere.

I contacted their customer service to check that I would still have access for the remainder of my paid for month and was assured I would even though some of the info on the site suggested to me that you'd lose your fee when you cancelled. They cancelled my re billing contract (without me actually asking them to do so. I'd only asked a question). Now real issue here and I did indeed still have access as advised but guess what??? This was a couple of days ago and I have had only two views since and no email or other contact from anyone! lol!

The other strange thing was that when I joined as a free member (and I have to admit I was a tad cynical about this at the time) there was a very high proportion of profiles with pictures of professional quality depicting stunning women. I'm sure some of these were genuine :) However I have never seen this ratio of "supermodels" to normal mere mortals before.

Finally this happens in life I know. But it seems to happen on some sites more regularly and this site is one of them for me. Namely arranging to meet someone who continually tries to rearrange on you.

I've been on sites where this hasn't happened in years of membership. I've been on sites where it happens almost as soon as you join and strangely seems to happen most frequently at the end of the month when your fee is due. someone pops up out of the blue and wants to meet you! Co-incidence maybe?

I sure wouldn't recommend this site, although I expect it works well for some.

davido74
1/9/16

Most of the profiles you see will not be active or respond. They are likely subscriptions that are lapsed but not deactivated so ZOOSK will keep showing them to you. They will also continually show you "matches" 100 miles away.

larryw50
1/9/16

From the moment I meet Kelly the attraction was instant We have been inseparable. Thank you Zoosk.

jamesv43
1/8/16

I signed up and wrote a statement and when I renewed realized they changed my statement. They do manipulate their site to create more revenue. That is why I quit after 2 different occasions. People do need to need to know what they are getting themselves into.

Tip for consumers: consider other alternatives

138 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

22 Photos for Zoosk