US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

samanthar19

You can only send two messages without paying, so you usually put a phone number in one of those first two messages. (in 16 reviews)

jasonb120

Yea if I wanted to search for people online in Hawaii I wouldn't live in F**king Arkansas. (in 137 reviews)

nancyt10

You DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR COINS to open up matches, or to check to see if someone has read your message. (in 154 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jeffl50
11/17/14

Zoosk is the first link in what has become a great tool for meeting people, with built in safety measures and profile preferences you can narrow your candidates access to only those of shared interests. My approach was simple, seek friends only. It takes the relationship pressure off, and it still allows for the possibility of love later on. it worked for me.

ryvest
11/16/14

I wish I could give less than 1 star- it's misleading, no filtering whatsoever. I have non-qualifiers signing up just to talk to me. This has been a tremendous waste of energy, as every time I take a look, there is a non- qualifier who has written a few times and then erupted into a rant about nonsense that they have arrived to. Also, random criticism from non- qualifying members for no reason at all.

Horrible, energy wasting experience. I hope not all sites are this bad.

Tip for consumers: Just no, don't- especially if you are attractive and selective. If non-attractive, not intelligent - go for it! That's who you will meet, I'm sure there are a few good souls, but they will soon learn how bad this site is.

rab33
11/15/14

Zoosk is a horrible site, and crudely functional when compared to other free sites and paid sites. After 6 months, I was unable to generate even one date from this site which is a stark contrast to other sites, where I was able to connect and meet several in person within the first month of use. POF and OKQupid perform and function better than Zoosk even though they are free. Zoosk also employs manipulative practices to make you believe it is going to do something for you. There is this goofy popularity meter that reads high the day you sign up and high again when your cancelled subscription is about to run out but low the rest of the time even though the volume of interface is consistent the whole time. It is loaded with fake profiles (which are easy to spot if know what to look for), and you get inundated with want to meet requests from the most hideous looking, unkempt or obese individuals, most are many years older than you, and with a profile write-up that tells the story of a complete loser (many are too lazy to even put some effort into describing what they are like and what they are looking for). The messaging feature is strange. It is a single line text box where you can only see a portion of the current sentence you are writing, It appears to be designed for those who like to text in half sentence bursts and live through their smart phone. There is a "wants to meet" feature, but you have to decide only on their profile picture and very little more. If you both click someone has to pay to unlock the match to look at the others profile or communicate. I believe some of these are generated by the Zoosk site and not the one indicated. They also have this stupid gift feature that you pay to send images of flower, wine, etc. If you do choose to use this site, only use the message feature, as this is the only one I noted generated any response back. The other "make a connection tools" to show interest seemed to simply fall into a black hole. There does appear to be some quality individuals that use the site, who might be "keepers", but they are far and few between. It is not my location that is causing this poor performance, as I live in major metropolitan area.

Tip for consumers: If you really want to know how it works. Only sign up for one month and cancel your subscription well before the month ends (you will still get to use the whole month). Another thing is to do is cancel your sign up (do not complete the charge to your account) once you get to the how much your credit card will be charged when you accept. This will generate an e-mail inviting you to sign up without the extra enrollment fee. They do not tell you how much anything costs until you get to the pay f

carolannz
11/14/14

This amazing man contacted me and we hit it off immediately. There really are men out there that are looking for a real relationship and, thanks to Zoosk, we connected.

Tip for consumers: Be real with your profile; use a current photo and be specific in what you're looking for. And, keep the faith ... it CAN happen.

bruceb60
11/14/14

this dating website is a major scam!!!! beware they will sneak charges on your credit card and tell tough $#*!@!! 90% of the profile on this site are fake!!! so run from this site!!!!

Tip for consumers: stay are away this site is fake! pure scam! to get your money! rip off! the profiles are fake!

virginiae1
11/13/14

Like internet this web page can used for whatever you want. It is not that online people are crazy, it is that people are crazy and period, but still you can find amazing people online. Do not limit yourself.

tiffanyb24
11/13/14

The most horrible experience I have ever had on a dating website. They care nothing about you as a consumer and I am shocked that is even a part of facebook. I know this review will not help me out being that I paid $20.00 of my hard earned money for nothing. But if i can stop others from making the same mistake, I feel i have done my part. They are not concerned about your happiness only your wallet.

Tip for consumers: Do yourself a favor and do not bother. It is all about the money for them.

kekonak
11/12/14

Beware of this scam. First of all, a one month membership of less than $30.00 is accompanied by an additional "activation" charge of over $25.00. You can get messages, but you have to buy "coins" to actually learn about any of the creeps who would contact you. Then there's the "saved searches" that don't save anything. If I could give less than a star I would. You might meet someone here if you're lucky, but your time is better spent out and about living life in the three dimensional world at best and on another site at worst.

Tip for consumers: DON"T DO IT!

sharong28
11/7/14

Zoosk was easy to use. I met someone and enjoyed him to the point of not wanting to talk to others. If things didn't work out to marriage I would use Zoosk as my dating on-line choice again.

Tip for consumers: Just be honest. Type who you are and be yourself to attract a true desired mate.

martys19
11/6/14

zoosk is a fake site, all the messages are auto responders.
Every answer I got was from an auto reply program.
CANCel quickly, DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THIS SITE

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE, FAKE

stephenw44
11/6/14

Zoosk is focking $#*!. I hate the layout the prices are far too much. Nearly every female is focking ugly. In the end i had enough of this $#*! website and tried to find a way to delete on the website but couldnt so i contacted them and told them that i wanted my profile deleted and they replied saying that the account will be deleted in a few fays. Farewell you piece of $#*! website.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE WEBSITE ITS $#*!.

anthonyr45
11/4/14

Bad sit it say free and you can use it without paying so i delted it scam should be re5move by Google

tomasm38
11/1/14

zoosk,or pof.com they the same,just save your money!!!!!! dont make richer those $#*! sites please!!!!! of cause so many stupid people on this earth,they spending money for nothing

kathyj15
10/31/14

Great site! Good quality people. I have met someone that I have an awesome connection with, and am traveling to pursue it further. I am thrilled that I may have met someone who I am so compatible with! After all, that is all what we are all looking for, right??

Tip for consumers: The only piece of advise that I can offer to any member, is don't not consider someone who is regionally not convenient. I am jumping on a plane and headed half way across the United States to meet this man. No one ever said cupid had a GPS!!!!

bcp
10/31/14

I also wish i could give this negative stars! It's a crap site with the biggest collection of creeps online! I wasted my money believing their fake google reviews and bought a 3 month subscription to then learn I have to "earn coins" to get the contact info of people i'm paired with, etc. It's a scam & garbage! stay away!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT SUBSCRIBE!

lindas109
10/30/14

DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON ZOOSK!!!! Liars! They sent me profiles of losers and wants me to pay AGAIN to open profiles. Disgusting scammers. The worst dating site you could ever encounter!

Tip for consumers: You are really desperate if you still try zoosk despite the bad reviews. I didn't read any review on zoosk until I felt I am being scammed. Their members are jobless and old men who have nothing to do but click and stare at their computers!

michaelg99
10/30/14

its a pretty good sight, the startup cost is a little petty instead of just monthly subscriptions. however the coin system is pretty decent. the chat system is also nice, tho it seems to lag a little bit and cant use it unless a subscriber. i havnt had any problems searching or adding connections. was able to chat with a few people while here. it was defiantly enjoyable, more so than any other sight or service i have used. pof, eharmony, badoo, love, match, gammers dating. in less than 3 weeks i was able to narrow my search down to 3 persons, as the compatibility test was really helpful as well. the last 3/4 days i narrowed that search down to 1. not the type of person i expected but i enjoy every moment we share chatting with her. hope we will be dating soon. then see how things go from there. :)

zachr7
10/29/14

Felt like I was just scammed. Very disappointed! Requested a refund only after a couple days and they would not even budge as a courtesy.

Tip for consumers: Don't join. Waste of money and customer service supervisor Mark would not even issue me a refund after I joined for two days. Truly unsatisfied with this company!

pauls151
10/28/14

A really decent dating site not only for dating but just meeting people . Everyone should try zoosk it could brighten your day meeting nice people.

Tip for consumers: Give it chance what do you have to loose

erwint7
10/27/14

Thank goodness I didnt pay for a membership . Zoosk is a total automated scam . , The stupid site keeps sending me updates trying to get me to pay , The updates are of fat hairy nasty old guys . I am young and sexy , So why would I waste my youth and looks on old Petobears , Oh and the On my profile it says I am looking for guys in my location only . , The website sends me reply from guys 500+ mile away . Dont waste your time and money on any dating website that is automated . .

Tip for consumers: Dont pay for membership . Its an automated site .

miker106
10/25/14

This is an excellent site for meeting people. I had lots of success. and found a true potential life partner.

Tip for consumers: The messager for this site is wonky. its best to message someone and if they seem comfortable give them a number to text to.

heatherd18
10/22/14

Overall very great experience. I met a great guy. Nothing is a guarantee but we are very comfortable with each other. Skype was so valuable for me. The coin system was VERY upsetting. We pay to use the site, why should have to pay to see profiles of ones who are interested.

Tip for consumers: Trust your gut. Use Skype to met for first time. Ask for current pic. Lots are a few years old. Smile for your profile picture. Wouldn't recommend lots of pics drinking or at bar scenes.

timn12
10/21/14

this dating site sucks. you cannot contact the site home page to complain on line. the only thing you find under contact us is a phone number. and you can only call that number and get an answer during normal buisness hrs, which are the same hrs that normal people work. it seems that this site doesnt want to hear fro its members. its very easy to make payment to be a paid member, but not so easy to become a cancelled member.

Tip for consumers: ZOOSK is a very crappy site. I would advise everyone to stay away from this site. I am a month to month paid member and the matches that I get ore from 100's to 1000's of kms away. there ad says people in your area. to meet people who are 2 to 12 hrs away from you is not in your area. i have also got notices that someone sent a message, i get these notifications on my phone. I turn on my laptop and go to check the message and i get this message " the member you are trying to access has removed t

peterh81
10/19/14

What a rip off, first and last time, site makes you think people are responding but when you jion and realise it is all just automated responce is to late to cancel, T&C's void any money back,they also say they are not govered by any british law so no cooling off period, any body ever getting a refund?

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sharonc31
10/19/14

Do not pay any money until you check out the long drawn out process of trying to delete your profile and have them stop taking your money. Its absolutely ridiculous so that some people will not continue or not be able to follow the 10 step process.

Tip for consumers: get the cancellation process clear in your head before giving your credit card details

amyw57
10/18/14

The worst dating website!!! The only goal is Making money. It blocks all the members you express interest and let you buy " coins" to unblock it. You can never reach a customer support...she even hang up my phone when I talking about withdraw and never call me back!

johnh260
10/17/14

(PUT A NEGATIVE INFRONT OF THAT STAR) THIS SITE BLOWS DOG ! U PAY FOR MEMBERSHIP AND YOU NEED TO BUY COINS EVERY TIME YOU TRY TO COMUNICATE ????? WTF!!! $#*!ING SCAM !!!

Tip for consumers: YOU WANT MY OPINION ??? STAY THE $#*! AWAY FROM THIS SITE !

michaelo30
10/15/14

Really.

Realized too late that this is an awful dating site by whichI don't mean the people who are using it. I mean the site itself.

Even as a paid subscriber having to pay 'coins' for added features or unlock details about a match is ridiculous.

Having to link to Facebook in order to list interests is not only ridiculous but is nothing short of corporate data mining and a serious invasion of privacy.

Auto renewal on subscription with no apparent means of limiting or ending subscription should in fact be illegal. For any paypal users read these instructions http://www.wikihow.com/Cancel-a-Recurring-Payment-in-PayPal

And finally you find that when you want to cancel, and I'm not talking refund I really don't care, you have to search for how. Find that you go to account settings, under settings you find account status, but when you press 'deactivate' you get this message "In order to deactivate your account, you must first cancel your subscription." So you go to subscription where you see a button that says your account is active, but there is still no way to cancel or change this...

Total bull$#*!!!

Tip for consumers: http://www.wikihow.com/Cancel-a-Recurring-Payment-in-PayPal

kimw46
10/15/14

Initially, online dating seemed like a joke, but after a couple of fails, it is possible to meet someone. To all of those who plan to start online dating, give it time. Don't give up on the first person who doesn't end up being the right one. Keep trying. If finding someone is really what you want, go for it!

robertam10
10/14/14

Met my husband to b on Zoosk. We're getting married next month after 3 yesrs od dating. He's my Mr. Right. Our profiles matched perfectly. I met him after being on the site for 3 months. We've been inseparable since our meet up at a local book store. Thank you, Zoosk!

Tip for consumers: Be honest, be patient, have fun!

lisar49
10/14/14

you know it's time to part ways with a dating site when you specify that you are a woman seeking men, and your site generated "Smart Pick" for the day is a 39 year old man who is also seeking men. I shulda reached out to him, maybe we would have in good company sought men together.

igozn
10/13/14

Should be 0 stars. I was not looking for a free lunch ( as it it was falsely advertised). But you have not only to pay for membership but for every move you make (with "coins"). Scum.

juaned
10/12/14

My experience on zoosk was successful in the aspect that I was seeking a companion/friend and found one. Only took the time span of a few weeks. I don't recommend my approach for everyone;giving out your phone number to perspective males you see an interest in. It worked for me though and I'm satisfied with the results. I sent messages to about 20 guys 9 replied. We corresponded through text a few times and spoken over the phone. I weeded out the guys I found no connection with and kept the ones I did. Simple right? We met at a public place and went from there. I'm happy with the results. If you truly desire something you have to take a risk. Dating and being single is hard, so know what you want and go for it. Good Luck zoosksters!!

*The price for this site's (zoosk) one time installment fee, is the only thing I had a problem with. I purchased the one month subscription, because i'm not an avid chatter nor do I have time for messaging and texting.

kevinm95
10/11/14

I've used POF, OkCupid, and Zoosk. Out of the three, zoosk is the worst by far. Its impossible to meet anyone as a free member, bottom line. If a girl wants to chat with you(and its hard to tell. The site is full of bots and catfish), you have to pay $30 for a month subscription. What they don't tell you is that once you've become a paying member, you still have to buy "tokens" to do different things. Its a rip off. On POF I'm constantly meeting women. I've never met anyone on zoosk. This site blows. Its a rip-off.

Tip for consumers: Use POF.com instead.

beate2
10/11/14

this site blows balls....you cant even read or reply to a message unless you pay

#$#*!zoosk lets get that trending!

lyneidal
10/11/14

Thank you Zoosk for helping me find the love of my life, my best friend, my husband, and my soul mate!

robc38
10/9/14

This "site" is the worst I have ever encountered! It's glitchy, not user friendly at all, cheaply made and conducts false advertisement that it's absolutely FREE to contact others, only to be told that you need to subscribe and PAY to even see who "winked" at you. No free messaging to others anywhere on the horizon! Can't even just delete the profile without having to call an 888 number! Probably charge for that call as well. Good thing I still have my all inclusive, everything free cell phone plan. I'll give them an ear full tomorrow!

Tip for consumers: Do NOT pay a dime! You will regret it for alooooong time!

katiel17
10/9/14

This is not a practical site for several reasons. If you are looking for a better site, stay tuned for fineladiesandgentlemen.com a social networking site that is similar to zoosk but cheaper and with a better circle.

jessicah48
10/8/14

This site is so NOT worth it! They take unauthorized payments off of your account and when you call them they say no to a refund. Even if the account was taken down before the payment was taken. The people on the site aren't what they appear to be, though there are a FEW, VERY FEW good ones. They don't show you the locations when you are going through the carousel and that can be misleading. The site also claims to have 'free' services, they DON'T. They don't let you see just how much you have to pay or that you DO until after you have signed up. It's ridiculous and they refuse to work with you.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT use this site! Spend your money on a better one, zoosk is a bunch of crooks!

jeffd39
10/5/14

activation fe on top of subscription... they are a bunch of scam artists.... this is the worst site of all....

Tip for consumers: don't use don't use scam scam scam

kelleym11
10/3/14

This is a horrible and false advertising! The subscription price doesn't even let you communicate with people you're interested in and who are interested in you. You have to buy "coins." DO NOT waste your money on this site. It's not worth it!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site! It's false advertising and they will just require more money for everything buy purchasing "coins" once you subscribe.

justinc41
10/3/14

I tried it for a month and didn't renew. I got an email telling me I was expired as I suspected for only having tried it for 1 month, and 2 weeks later they just charged my card for another month anyway. Thieves.

Tip for consumers: make sure you love it if you sign up because you'll be paying for it either way

joej41
10/3/14

As soon as I signed up for Zoosk and paid for 3 months, my credit card company cancelled my card and issued me a new one. The cited "suspicious activity" and mentioned Zoosk. It appears that if you want to cancel your Zoosk account, you have to jump through a lot of hoops. I just tried to cancel my Zoosk account, but you can't do it online. So they just keep charging your card. Now that I have a new card, it will cancel automatically when they try to charge the old one again.

Zoosk emails you a list of photos on a regular basis and asks if you like the potential dates. They show the photo and the age, but not the location, so you have no real way of knowing whether you would like to pursue these people or not. I would not recommend Zoosk and will avoid it myself in the future.

chrisr83
10/1/14

This is a horrible site. It doesn't filter out options that are not within your range of preference, it doesn't allow you to even see the person's full profile unless you subscribe or purchase coins--oh, and by the way, the coins do not allow you to message a person: you would still need to purchase a subscription. Did I mention that you have to pay for an activation fee IN ADDITION to the subscription as well??? I was going to pay for a month of service until I got to the check-out and saw the activation fee. What crock.

Also, you cannot even accurately describe your physical features. There is no option for overweight/large-sized people, so good luck with finding someone who doesn't think that you are deluding yourself into thinking that fat is "curvy".

hannat
10/1/14

This is a great site and it actually works. I met a guy within the first two weeks. We have been non stop talking since then, and we are now planning to meet in person. He is the most sweetest guy. He makes me feel wonderful. If you are unsure it never hurts to try it out!

peterw43
10/1/14

The truth about me is I won't Subscribe so there is no point in liking me as there is no way to contact me via ZOOSK so Please don't waste your time even though I've been on ZOOSK for 10 years and even if you are a Boosted member so I guess I'm hear to make up numbers and if they refuse to post my truth about me then I'll Post it all over the internet sorry to all the People that have already tried to contact me

Tip for consumers: $$$$$ DON'T PAY $$$$$

triciab3
9/29/14

Worst dating site ever. Really horrible. No way to filter your results (e.g., location) and they don't tell you about the coins until after you've signed up. The quality of people there is really really poor. I tried to cancel and get some money back and they said no. Best I could do was to make sure my membership doesn't renew in 65 days. POF was better than this, and I was with POF YEARS ago. It's probably better now. These zoosk people should be shut down. I just saw a commercial for zoosk and NONE of it was true. STAY AWAY. I wish I had researched the reviews before joining.

hannahb13
9/29/14

it was ok I hated that I had to buy coins to check my compatibility with someone when I paid for my subscription. I didn't like how I would put setting of ages and the type of people I was looking for but it would people I didn't want to date. just talking to some one should be free but if they want to find out more that's when they should pay but talking to someone should be free.

Tip for consumers: if you are looking for a long term relationship go slow talk on zoosk for a while then comfortable talk on text then phone if either person ask you for a nude pic stay away or if they say the love you before you meet stay away. don't give any one money over phone or period. people are very good a swindling people for there money be very carful with that. make sure you tell the person you dating what you are looking for right away. even if its you did the worst thing ever just say every thing rig

kevu
9/28/14

It's a complete SCAM. What a rip off. Please save your money and go to POF.com. This site is a scam there are no people out there replying to your messages it's just make believe site to get your money. It's a automated computer response. If yu are not a paid member lots of people send you winks and messages but once you sign up no one bothers replying
Both parties have to be paid members to make contact which is the worst part you being a paid member means jack$#*!
Big No NO NO NO NO NO
Do not sign up
I don't know how they get away with this rip off. There should be some law against this kind of scam to stop it happening

Tip for consumers: DO NOT SIGN UP

kellid1
9/28/14

As on line dating sites go, this one is average. Same song and dance. People say they want to meet you, few follow through. I did have to block a number of people that messaged me because their messages became increasingly harrassing or sexually explicit.
I met someone on the site, I'm closing my profile regardless of if it works out or not. I won't renew it. On line dating isn't for me, I've tried various sites over a year time period with no real success. I guess it's time to try to meet people the old fashioned way or just be happy being alone.

Tip for consumers: Keep in mind that you can join for free and send messages but you to read messages you have to be a member. This is very frustrating if you take the time to write a message to someone you want to meet and they never reply.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: The web site is a nightmare. You cannot delete your account. You can only cancelled. So, as soon as I started dating this guy, I went and cancelled the stupid account. However, the account never went away, it was still showing. Not only that but consistently throughout 3 months, it showed that I was adding friends. From 3, it went up to 13. Thank goodness my boyfriend trusted me to believe that I was not talking to other guys, but I must confess that I was pretty embarrassed. I did not know what to tell him other than, I had NO idea what is going on.
Has anybody heard of that???
7/16/13
clarkk
A: I want to know whether this site is any good or whether it is just a swindle.
4/5/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

8 Photos for Zoosk