US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

johnf130

Almost signed up then I found about an extra $30 dollar fee after I entered my credit card info. (in 26 reviews)

bojann

Most of the people on this site don't even communicate. (in 171 reviews)

samanthar19

You can only send two messages without paying, so you usually put a phone number in one of those first two messages. (in 17 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

leahh10
3/27/15

I got charged 300 USD by Zoosk the without my knowledge. And when I noticed it on my bank statement it was too late.
I sined up for one month trial in 2014 and after a month was no longer using it as it wan't good for me. In 2015 a year later they took off 300 USD just like that.
No one refunded me the money.

Tip for consumers: I rate it as the lowest in terms of everything compare to other sites.

lowells15
3/26/15

When I first started on this dating site I was really nervous because I had never done anything like this before.It was very stressful at first but once I got into the swing of things it kind of got fun after awhile. I really saw some nice ladies on here and some
fake profiles but they are pretty easy to pick out trust me! All in all I would recommend this dating site to my friends or family. Good luck to all of you.

Tip for consumers: The best tip I could offer is just be your self. And the one that got my hart didn't wink wink me or try to flirt with me. she just asked me one simple question from something she had seen in my profile. And she had me because she took the time to read all of my profile. That's the best tip simple is better. I hope this helps

andrewl57
3/26/15

There are so many women to choose from. Most are not going to be a match for you. But if you keep looking with an open mind, you are bound to find someone as I did.

Tip for consumers: Always use the max number of pics. Always include a full body shot. If your pics are blurry, don't use them. Nobody wants to see your pets, children, vacation photos, sunsets, or anything other than pics of you that are clear and current.

cinaidt
3/24/15

I'm so happy I found zoosk!
I met my now Fiancé on there and we've been together ever since. 2 years and now planning our wedding. Thanks!

benc136
3/24/15

There are clearly a lot of fake profiles that Zoosk has created to give men/women the illusion that there a lot of very attractive available people on the site/app. Here is an example of how Zoosk should have a class action lawsuit. To subtly approach women, men can send a gift. However these "gifts" are purchased by first spending real money to get a virtual currency– "coins". Once a member has purchased coins, they can now spend them to purchase girts or unlock a connection. Basically, to really access the full experience of Zoosk, in a better user friendly way, you need coins and lots and lots of them. In short it's a scam for Zoosk to earn more money off innocent people after the subscription. The subscription allows for you to have a conversation with other members, while 30 coins allow you to actually begin MOST conversations. There is a way to acquire coins for free, and that is to spend ridiculous amounts of time constantly viewing pics and profiles, just to get one coin for Liking someone. Again, it seems that almost 1/3 to 1/2 seem fake members.
The good news, in spite of all the crap, there were some actual real people (hurray) who I connected with. You can actually pretty much get the same superficial experience from any dating site/app. It's online dating! It's weird, because people are as almost as fake as the actual fake profiles. Don't forget Tinder is free!

Tip for consumers: If you see a member with the name "A Zoosk Member", and/or they are very attractive and have 1 picture, it is most likely a fake profile. A good clue is the auto-response that these profiles have. The response to a message you send or a "wink wink" will cleverly prompt you to send another message or a first message. This conversation is fake! Basically, you'll be engaging with a computer/some dude in India probably. Regardless, you may find someone, whether it's Zoosk or not. Online dating

keithd27
3/23/15

Automatic comments from Zoost....falsely lead.When eliminated..members stay on system..Why cancel???I think some professional people pretend they are players....to encourage members to spend money.

whitneyl5
3/23/15

Zoosk was the first website I have ever used for online dating. I had never been on a dating website before and I figured I would give it a shot. I met a bunch of great, honest people on this site, went on a few dates and am now in a relationship with someone that I met on here! I cant wait to see what the future holds! Zoosk was definitely a great site, a fantastic experience! To anyone else looking for love, give Zoosk a chance and good luck in your search! :)

Tip for consumers: Be open minded! give people a chance even if you think it might never work out. you never know who you will meet and where life will take you! :)

angelp17
3/20/15

Zoosk has been a great place to meet local women. Thanks to Zoosk I was able to meet an amazing woman who is comparable to my likes with much love to give.

Tip for consumers: Be impressionable and intelligent when communicating with potential partners on Zoosk

sherryr10
3/19/15

This site is costly ($75 for 6 months) to join and is poorly laid out. They have a popularity meter that tells you are unpopular but can fix that by purchasing coins to boost your profile. Really?! You can earn coins only by agreeing to meet people but are limited to 40 per day. While you are in the meet me (carousel) mode, you don't have access to their profile. UGH! They won't refund my $$ so I requested they let my subscription expire. .

Tip for consumers: join Match, POF or OK Cupid..

cathyc39
3/16/15

The new man in my life I found here on Zoosk...he is wonderful and things are moving along nicely. Thank you Zoosk for this new love and chance at it

donj23
3/15/15

Zoosk randomly populates your Views with people who didn't actually view you. For instance, if someone Views you once, Zoosk will put them into your Views randomly after that, causing you to think someone is "Hot" for you when they actually are not. Also, when I met someone locally, I tried to change my profile, and Zoosk would not allow the change. These guys are manipulative...Beware!

Tip for consumers: Don't trust Zoosk. There is something very wrong with this site!

rickyg11
3/14/15

like any other site. you gotta run into some bad apples before you find the one. zoosk is a really fun way to meet new friends and maybe even find the one you can never let go. big thank you to zoosk.

Tip for consumers: get there six month subscription. it is worth it.

sandrab47
3/14/15

I have met an amazing man here, we will spend the rest of our lives together....THANK YOU and all credit goes to my heavenly Father...The man I met is christian also.

marioc18
3/12/15

It cost $29.95 to join this site, but when one is purchasing the membership, this site hits you with

an activation fee of $24.95. If you go through paypal, then you don't have to pay for the activation

fee. The search feature has been crippled lately and the grid view is no longer available. That

means that one has to click next on every member from the search results. The carousel feature is a

joke. When a member wants to meet you and you agree, then to be able to contact this person, you

have to purchase coins and they are rather expensive. Some profiles on this site are fake, when

contacting them via the wink, an email is sent back to you from the fake profile stating"thanks for

the wink, why not send me a real email telling me more about you". I have complained to customer

service about the limited search feature and they have done nothing about it.

sarahp75
3/9/15

Less then a month on the website, I found my soul mate, we are engaged to be married and expecting a baby in the fall.

Tip for consumers: It's best to subscribe.

jons81
3/9/15

28 years ago I new here in high school and never could get my self to ask her out and I got on here and there she was so we have been talking.

adamn25
3/7/15

This site is not bad but again not lot of active members. My personal favorites are uDates.net and Match.com

deborahd18
3/6/15

I was about to give up because of I was wary of online connections, then I met Lyle. Sparks began to fly immediately.

williamg55
3/6/15

I met and talked to several ladies. I met and dated 2 of them and am going to be with one of them. thank you.

Tip for consumers: just be sincere and careful. above all be honest about yourself and with others.

shaza4
3/6/15

Not worth the money. It is way more expensive to become a member than any other dating sites I have joined and then on top of it you have to pay extra for everything. Im glad I only paid for 1 month, even tho it was the more expensive way to go.

mikem238
3/6/15

On it for a day or 2 and you see women leaving you messages and what do you know once you have paid they never reply

Tip for consumers: Avoid it

rays55
3/6/15

I've been on Zoosk for 4 months now, I have not met one single person even though I've contacted hundreds and have responded to as many. Some people say that Zoosk invents phony accounts, I don't doubt it. They have a system that's been compared to an arcade game whereby you search their "carousel," for an available single, or are told if someone is interested in you, or alerted if they send you a message. When you contact someone, or you respond to a message, they never get back to you and before you think that maybe I'm turning them off, I'm keeping it simple with a "Hello, how are you?" or "My name is so-and-so, what is yours?", etc... Zoosk initially lures you in by allowing you to join for free and that allows you to search their database of thousands of singles. Only problem is that you can't contact any of these singles unless you pay. They continually wet your appetite by sending your photos of people who allegedly want to meet you until you succumb. One eventually joins in hopes of meeting up with the right person, since you are barraged with countless photos of people who allegedly "want to meet you," but, No Such Luck! Avoid this site. It's a frustrating waste of time and money.

jessicad36
3/5/15

I only chatted with men who closely matched the criteria I was looking for. And if someone spoke to me in a disrespectful manner, I stopped chatting and ignored them (I even blocked 2 people). I chatted with several nice, decent men on this cite and (it took a while) finally met someone I have connected with :) Overall, I had a decent experience with a satisfactory result.

Tip for consumers: I got SO many messages on this site, so I didn't answer all of them. Some guys didn't take it very well when I didn't respond to them right away, but it's important that you don't take any bitter, sour, or angry messages personally! Keep in mind, they do not actually know you! If someone catches your attention, then go for it and start chatting. The man I met on this site didn't make the first move, so I had to initiate the conversation. You're online, so just be honest about yourself and to you

suzanneg6
3/4/15

I think the gentlemen that were, for the most part, on Zoosk for the right reasons.
I found only 2 that were different to be nice!,. the other were entertaining and funny for the most part. I hope everyone finds the Love that I found .

Tip for consumers: Don't give up

joyf5
3/4/15

I've been on this site off and on for several months, have not joined. I agree with previous post, it's more like an arcade game than a dating site. You have to earn "coins" by looking at pictures on the carousel....and you must click YES or MAYBE to earn each one, a NO will not get you a coin. I'm not hung up on looks, but I would say only ONE out of 100 even appeal to me....the rest look like serial killers, and many of my "matches" live clear across the country. So glad I read all the reviews, I was about to sign up for one month....I will save my money and find something better. Thanks everyone, and best wishes to all!

jasons126
3/2/15

Ok, so I decided to go the free route & put in the bare minimum - no pic, no bio, no height, weight, build & of course NO pic - in other words zero.

Within a day I got women checking me out & saying they would like to meet me, they liked my profile etc. W-T-F ???

Save your money & go elsewhere or try something different - actually approach people, use your connections & avoid those who hide behind the Internet looking for the love of their life.

Tip for consumers: Save your money.

diannea6
3/2/15

Ridiculously silly to try to get around and meet anyone. More like an acrade game than a genuine meeting site.

Tip for consumers: WAY to expensive for what you get. paid 54.00 for one month. ( one time signup fee......right.......)

lynne-annp
3/2/15

Don't sign up its probably the worst dating site I have ever been on.

I Wouldn't recommend to anyone I just wish I had seen this page before I blow £22.75 on the crap.

I got swindled into joining.

Apparently this hot guy messaged me and continued to contact me, but I had to subscribe to talk to him. So I did, just to find the profile had vanished once I signed up.

Zoosk sales ploy, it worked! Scum bags! No genuine profiles on there
Cat fish, Married Players, ugly old perverts, that's the real Zoosk experience avoid it!!
It's like a virtual STD Not to mention the constant pressure to buy coins to contact users you have already paid a subscription for!!!

Are they Crazy?! IT'S A RIP OFF!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Try Tinder its free :) and works!

No Cat Fish :)

cb80
3/1/15

I joined Zoosk at the end of April and met my special guy within 2 weeks of being on the site. We've been dating since May and we are still together after 9 Months! We have a ball together!

Tip for consumers: Be very specific in your description of the type of mate you want and STICK TO IT!! Do not settle for less even if you feel lonely! Weed out those who don't meet your standards and do a meet and greet within the first 5 days of connecting on the site. It will save you tons of heartache, grief and disappointment in the long run.

bojann
3/1/15

Most of the people on this site don't even communicate. use mingle2day instead. You can thank me later...

Bojan

mickin
2/27/15

Do not waste your time on Zoosk!! The website is fraudulent, imho, and they do not represent the members honestly. I have sent them numerous emails with complaints and they have not been addressed. They have responded --- just not have addressed my issues. Do not waste your money --- and they will ask you for more several times for various reasons. Don't do it --- just walk away!!!!

jerryj12
2/27/15

Made the mistake of joining this site. The "supposed" chat, is a joke. Contacted Zoosk, they informed me to delete then re-install Zoosk chat. That was a joke. still ran slower then mud. Tried several more times,still no effect on the chat. Tried changing my "story" several times Zoosk, "censors" denied my request. So, dont try putting anything negative about Zoosk. Also. soo many phoney profiles and scammers on there it isnt funny. Over the years havent made my mind up which of these "dating sites" is worse, Zoosk, Plenty of Fish, Match, or Senior people meet. MAybe what the people need to do is get a "class action" lawsuit against these sites, because as far as I am concerned they are al scams and LASTLY, When "joining" ZOOSK, tacks on an EXTRA $20+ fee to register ??????

Tip for consumers: BEWARE IT IS A SCAM SITE

melinaw2
2/27/15

There were too many creeps and/or fake profiles. Also most of those I did meet misrepresented themselves on their profiles whether it was their story wasn't who they really are or they were looking for a hook up... not a real relationship. I luckily did meet one guy who, so far, is who he says he is and wants what he said he wanted... and we click!

chucko3
2/27/15

YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE A GOOD STORY, N ICE PHOTO AND A LITTLE LUCK. YOU JUST HAVE TO BE OPEN AND HONEST! IF YOU FAIL THE FIRST TIME JUST KEEP LOOKING. IT TOOK ME OVER A YEAR TO FIND THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. SHE IS FROM TEXAS AND I MET HER SEVERAL MONTHS AGO, IT TOOK QUITE A WHILE BECAUSE SHE WAS ADVISING ME ON OTHER WOMEN. ONE DAY SHE ASKED ME IF WE WERE GOING TO DO ANYTHING. THEN IT WAS OFF WE WENT, SHE TOLD ME SHE LOVED ME AND IT'S BEEN A NEVER ENDING ADVENTURE!

Tip for consumers: JUST GTAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME!

christines39
2/26/15

I wouldn't recommend this website. I really didn't like being pushed to purchase coins to be more popular. It was very annoying to have messages from other men pop up while I was in the middle of a communication with someone. One time I even accidentally responded to a question from the wrong guy. Luckily it wasn't that personal of a question but it could have been really embarrassing.

ambert9
2/26/15

Justin and I met on Zoosk and I'm now moving to his home town!! We have so much fun together. He makes me laugh everyday and I am so glad I made the first move!

michellem79
2/26/15

I have enjoyed using zoosk and it's so easy to use and understand. I have and will refer people to this site.

Tip for consumers: Breathe, give it time and enjoy. Not all guys are the same on here so even if you go out with one bad one the next might be the one you have been waiting for. It was for me.

matthewh54
2/26/15

Most people on zoosk are very dishonest and play games. You talk and text for a week or two or three and then when it comes time to actually meet, there's always an escuse. There are some really nice, pretty, smart, and caring girls I met but they all live in other $#*!ing states

rebeccar32
2/25/15

It took a long time to meet someone.Three yrs. They live in another city. Don't know if it will work out or not but he is a nice man and he loves me.

Tip for consumers: Take it with a grain of salt. Don't get in a hurry it may take awhile.

cateb1
2/25/15

He said I was the first person he spoke with since subscribing, and we had such an immediate connection, that we both are going off of dating websites!

Tip for consumers: Be careful of those who are only looking for one-night stands.

doroteoa
2/24/15

I didn't think it was possible, but i found an amazing women who loves and cares for me from Zoosk. Thank you!

berniceh12
2/24/15

In June 2013, after only a week on Zoosk, I met Richard. We both were very new to online dating and our paths would never have crossed in our daily lives. Since our first date on June 7, we have become best friends and are deeply in true love. We feel that two good people found the right person for life. We have enjoyed each day since the first day and are truly thankful and blessed to be in each other's life. We are excited and committed to our relationship and know that we will marry in the near future. We found our divine SmartPick.

davidp119
2/23/15

I met her on zoosk. But I am a poor disabled vet with not much money so luckily I found her on facebook and messaged her.

Now we are going to get married.

Thanks to zoosk, I almost didnt meet my soul mate. Because Im poor and they lie about what they charge for and they have a lot of hidden charges in their contract.So being poor and my bank is balanced to within 1 dollar, you can imagine my shock when I see my back account tapped for almost 70 bucks! For a subscription that was supposed to be less than half that.

I did get a refund right away when asked. But I still ad to go to facebook to find this woman because I could not message her on zoosk because they have their scam set up.

I seen her on zoosk, thats all the credit I can give. The rest almost cost me from meting her.

Jerks!

Tip for consumers: Online dating works some times, but not generally without a lot of effort.

Meeting people in person still seems to be the best way to meet someone.

patriciaw42
2/23/15

I had no problems with the dating site but did not think it should be necessary to buy coins for everything.

daved44
2/23/15

Don't bother. This site is not real. Most of the women are fake to get your attention. There are very few people actually looking on this site. They like to recycle 'good' profiles even though these people are not even active. A waste of $$. I have petitioned my state AG to investigate this 'company' further.

rebeccaz
2/23/15

i meet some nice guys and yes, eventually met a really nice, kind hearted man. Michael is very very special and look forward to getting to know him better.

Tip for consumers: You just never know :)

wendieb
2/23/15

I thought there were good matches on this site, but it felt kind of childish (not to mention expensive) to have to keep buying coins to get to actually communicate with anyone. I thought the subscription price was enough that I didn't want to spend a lot more to connect with someone, so I had to wait for men I was interested in to view me so I could look at their profile and decide if I wanted to have a conversation with them. But I did find the love of my life on this site, and it said we were a 98% match and it has proven to be true. He is everything I was ever looking for and I am grateful we found each other. So, except for the extra costs that I thought were a bit excessive, this was easily the best site I have been on (and God willing, my last, now that I have met Tyrone).

christineb47
2/22/15

It was a mixed experience. There are always bad people everywhere you go. Hang in there. Be careful. And I will be praying for everyone to find true happiness. And to the bad people you ought to be ashamed. But you are bad so there for you don't care. But I found someone to love me and I love him.

Tip for consumers: Be aware there are bad people out there. Unfortunately. Be very careful. But there is someone out there for you.

keilar
2/22/15

The site is effective and designed to be fun while taking part in one of the most important life endeavors of finding a partner. Zoosk has room for slight improvement. Their chat could use an upgrade but its not worse than any other chat service on similar dating sites. Zoosk's Smart pick feature needs to include a radius or distance of interest in the survey, but besides that it is a unique and effective tool for the subscriber. I would recommend the site to others while providing my feedback on the small items that need improvement so my friends can make an informed decision.

salvadorc5
2/21/15

This is a great site. My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years and now are about to get married.

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: The web site is a nightmare. You cannot delete your account. You can only cancelled. So, as soon as I started dating this guy, I went and cancelled the stupid account. However, the account never went away, it was still showing. Not only that but consistently throughout 3 months, it showed that I was adding friends. From 3, it went up to 13. Thank goodness my boyfriend trusted me to believe that I was not talking to other guys, but I must confess that I was pretty embarrassed. I did not know what to tell him other than, I had NO idea what is going on.
Has anybody heard of that???
7/16/13
andrewl57
A: Are you talking about Zoosk? Or what web site? I have found on any of the dating sites that they do in deed keep your info.....if you just cancel....its not enough. You have to realize that your subscription doesn't end until the date it was supposed to end. So if you signed up for 3 months....and canceled it after 1 month....it is still active for the remainder of the 3 months. You actually have to go in and HIDE or Deactivate your profile so that no one can view it. Make sure you go into "settings" and turn off all of the mail settings so that you do not keep getting notifications of messages and views. That should solve your problem.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: why do the same men frequent your profile and never broach a conversation?
stphent
A: I had the same experience with some women, Sherry R is probably correct, just cheap men trying to earn 40 coins on the carousel to avoid paying, my suggestion would be to initiate a conversation, if they do not reply within a reasonable time block them. I will say this the girl I met on Zoosk and I am now happily dating signed up for Zoosk and could not communicate with me for 2 weeks until she paid and was then able to reply to conversations, in other words she was on the free/trial Zoosk version. Overall I love the site and had a few nice dates until I met my current girlfriend. We are really happy and would never have met otherwise.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

17 Photos for Zoosk

Zoosk?
Click here to post a review