US Government's NSF

Tel: +1.4153621000
domains@zoosk.com

278 Reviews for Zoosk.com

Review Highlights

Even before my profile was fully created I was having doubts.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

4/19/14

This is my first experience with online dating, and it is a bad one. I paid for 6mo. which I shouldn't of, but now I'm asking for refund. I usually don't do reviews but this site is so bad that I had to. I read several one star reviews and I 100% agree with what they said. I wish I read this before I joined. I guess we all have to pay for our lessons.

4/18/14

I believe all users should come together and filled collective action against this site. It is ripping people off their money, it is not honest, and everything seemed to be fake. It really seems that they make stories, send fake messages and replies and who know what it is doing with your privacy?

4/17/14

About 9 months ago I tried Zoosk, paid and actually had some good experiences. This month, after signing back up I see they have changed things. When I try to delete some of the 400 views I get everyday from people I would NEVER be interested in those people immediately view me again?? This totally makes me think that they are being notified that I viewed them when I DID NOT. UGH, not cool Zoosk!

4/15/14

I signed up last night and immediately started getting messages from guys that said "OMG, you're so beautiful", "You're so hot, I forgot my pickup line", etc. The problem is ...I hadn't even uploaded any pictures yet, so I knew it was bull$#*!. I deactivated.

4/13/14

Zoosk is a total bumkum. It is indeed a rip off. I was trying out the $19 per month subscription but ended up $46 something cent charge. This is outrageous. They don't tell ypu of their supposed one time registration fee which they deem to be different from the subscription fee you are paying for. As soon as I signed up with a profile only what I see is an auto generated message that reads "Wink is flattering send a message with details, and only what I can respond with was "You must be kidding me right" What type of message is this virtual ladies supposed to receive, huh. OK, I decided to send a message, and suudenly there was a silent, I don't seem to see any reply. Ever since I signed up into the site I have not gotten a real message. The "Zoosk" site of a thing is totally "Waco".

4/12/14

Worst dating site ever! You pay 30 bucks and unless the person subscribes, they cannot email you. They send fake views and messages. They monitor any negative word about the site so others won't find out. My matches are 10 years older than me and only 3 years younger. And not only do they charge you a monthly of 30 bucks, you have to purchase coins to see mutual matches and other features. Stay away unless you don't want to meet somebody!

4/10/14

This site is setup to strictly take your money. First there's the 30 bucks for one month and their setup fee. Now that you paid, the next thing you get is a whole bunch of "views" and messages stating someone wants to meet you. But here's the kicker... to email or chat with that person you must pay for the privileged. Let me say that again! You've paid at least 30 bucks to join the site but now you have to pay to be "connected" with someone on the site who supposedly wants to meet you. Let's not forget if you do see someone you like and send that person a message unless that person is a paid subscriber they cannot read your message but they do get a message stating you've left a message for them. Once you've paid to subscribe, you'll find you must pay for additional services such as allowing you to contact someone interested in you. The search function on this site is intentionally primitive as to not allow you to search by the person's profile name you know just in case you'd like to view the person who is interested in you profile... well you can't since you can't search by city, profile name, or anything else which would interrupt their ability to get you to pay more. My favorite thing about the site was receiving a someone just sent you a message alert but when you do find that person's profile, they haven't logged in in hours, days, sometimes weeks so, how did they just send you a chat or message. If you respond to one of these messages, you either receive no responds, a canned response such as "tell me more", or an actual response from the user stating they did not send you a message. Not worth a dime

4/10/14

I just got scammed out of $30!!! As soon as I signed up all of these ladies wanted to chat, after responding to them, about 15, only 1 responded to say "i'm sorry sir, but i did not write that"... I always research before I pay, I left my guard down and here I am.
I guess my message is WARNING...DO NOT SIGN UP TO ZOOSK

4/7/14

Am I a sucker or what? I usually check this stuff out and review before I join. Well all of my friends were "liking" it on Facebook and seemed to be putting comments on about it. Apparently, Facebook auto comments as well and does not notify the person who supposedly posted the comment, but notifies all of your friends. I started talking to someone on zoosk on the second day of joining. We spent hours chatting. After about almost a week I asked for a phone number. They were not comfortable at this time. By week two I was getting antsy like can we at least talk on the phone or something because I would like to know who I'm talking to. Now, don't get me wrong, the English, punctuation and grammar was perfect. We decided to meet on a Thursday. On the meeting day there was absolutely no communication, where to meet etc. on Friday morning the profile and user were deleted, gone, disappeared off the face of the earth. WOW is all I can say. As far as everybody else's comments, they are spot on except for buying coins. You get up to 40 free coins a day that you can use to send gifts to people, but you have to "like" 40 people a day in the carousel game. This is beyond the worst possible site in the entire world. I have been flamboozeled and I'm not happy.

4/6/14

Writing this, I did some confirmation research and have already found the limitless trove of "Zoosk is a scam" almost anywhere you can Google it. I'm posting it anyway because I've written it already.

What gets me is why hasn't the main stream media outed this yet? This would be a great Dateline investigation piece.

There are two main indicators that Zoosk is a largely fraud-operation running scam:

1. Is the monumental disparity between the amount of messages/attention/potential (fake) profiles you are presented with before you pay, and the complete lack of all aforementioned AFTER you pay.

If the amount of attention a user account with no profile information or even a picture gets 10 emails in it's first week, with no profile and a picture, then how is it that once the profile is filled out and a picture is uploaded those magic emails suddenly drop to nothing.
Does Zoosk really think people believe that people are so desperate that they've resorted to spending their daily time on Zoosk writing emails to and wanting to meet someone based solely on a username and an age? Also, how dumb does Zoosk think that people are to believe that people are really interested in contacting completely un-filled-out empty profiles, when there are thousands of already filled-out profiles are at their disposal?
If after you've paid, you can barely get a person to read your email, if a person who is willing to reach out to a completely unknown stranger for no apparent reason, then critical *critical* logic should follow that they are literally willing to accept ANYTHING as a real match.

2. They rely heavily on faked feedback loops. Feedback loops are when you get a "Like" or a "Comment" on Facebook. It keeps you coming back for more. Zoosk relies heavily on this pseudo-psychological element to whet your appetite. At first they'll flood your completely empty un-filled-out profile with people who are interested, then interest drops dramatically after you fill out your profile. "What happened? Did people just decided that they didn't like me?? I have to investigate. I need to reach out to more people!" - proceeds to contact 300 profiles. Unintentional or otherwise, this is how it works out there.

These are things that keep people coming back to the site: "Did someone like or reply to my email?" Zoosk manufactures a ton of feedback loops saying, "A person has viewed your profile."

Everyone has to "view" whichever/whatever profile Zoosk decides to throws in their face. It's literally not an indicator of anything. If anything else, they saw your picture and thought they'd look at your profile based on age and location, since that's the only thing they have to go on anyway.

If you do the "Search" option, you are automatically presented with profiles, which you are now viewing. How Zoosk decides if what constitutes as a "view" is anyone's guess, but they've now turned you into "a potentially interested person."

These are not true indicators of any kind of real interest, especially if they're not followed up by any kind of real follow-ups. Zoosk feeds people's false hopes by telling people that people have viewed their profiles. What's worse is I think that there are probably some poor souls out there who actually believe that this is some standard way of flirting on Zoosk, and think that people are just being coy or playing hard to get. "I need to pursue this person harder! Oh! I know! I will buy them a gift!"
I wonder how many real matches resulted from some poor schmuck chunking out coins on gifts resulted in an actual date.

It's very common knowledge that guys who buy women things first, convey that they have no value and have to spend money in order to get women's attention. What's even more cheesy is the flip side of that, is if after you've gotten to know a girl on Zoosk and you buy her one of those one-bit cheapo digital gifts, then you really seem bogus. If you've gotten to know her, dude, show some originality. Buy her a REAL GIFT. Not some cheesy dating site unoriginal term of endearment. Some girls say they like guys to buy them a drink and some are telling the truth, but to be quite honest it's more of a test to see if you're "just another one of those guys who'll just buy me things."

4/4/14

like a fool paid up for 6 months .they are bloody useless . now how does one get their money back? has any one had success. been on a week supposed to have had140 odd views , tried repeatably to contact people no such luck. how in gods name do they get away with it. take a thousand prats like me paying 70 quid every six months good earner hey , how many thousands have done the same. I am going to my best to get my money back. my mate said go through the American embassy in lon don. who knows any one out there managed to get their money back? cheers fred

4/3/14

It used to be good 4-5 years ago, now it a rip off they charge for everything, there's far better sites now that don't charge like wounded bulls..
Keep well away from here and if enough of us do they might go back to what they used to be.. Don't mind paying but not through the nose..
Come on zoosk get into the real world..
Try tinder everyone it's totally free, just have to be on Facebook

3/30/14

Wow, i don't know what to say but this piece of $#*!ing $#*! is all a SCAM! nobody replies to you and if they do they reply like a robot is in command or something, everyone is fake on this damn site, i can't believe i paid for this BULL$#*!!

3/30/14

Yes I agree it's a total scam but the people are real. You can tell that profiles are legit when 90% of the people who " want to meet" are gross lol. Not trying to be mean just being honest. I have tried dozens of these dating apps and sadly the fake sites and apps that send automated messages think people are stupid enough to believe that gorgeous bombshells are wanting to get frisky. The issue wirh zoosk is the fact that after someone sends you a message you can only send them one message back. Anything more than one message requires $. Total scam and I would highly assume that eventually they will be sued. I would never sign up. The only
way to take advantage of zoosk without $ is to send your phone number with your one free message. But who in the hell wants to do that lol...

3/28/14

total ripp off they send phony messages and consistently lie why isn't it shut down and a class action lawsuit started?

3/26/14

they send communications saying they are from clients but are just automated responses. they say people want to me you when they don't. it's a scam stay away save your money

3/24/14

What a waste of time and money. It's an obvious scam. How will anyone explain why people who keep visiting your profile endlessly, never reply to your messages? I understand, they visit you once and never come back but 7-10 times and don't reply??? C'mon guys, LOL
This site is just as bad as anastasiadate.com
Stay away from it!!!

(btw. I reviewed a few other dating sites too, take a peek).

3/23/14

Another site with fraudulent business practices that would make a dead, wealthy Nigerian General blush. They give you a subscription price, then after you go through all the work to put in your credit info, they suddenly show they are taking on a "one time activation fee". Where in the hell did that come from? Then if you write to complain, as I did, they suddenly find they can waive the fee.

3/18/14

Un able to download the same photo I had on before. Unable to communicate with anyone. This the worst date site of them all

3/14/14

Total scam. Stay away. I photo copied their cancellation policy before signing up for a month but upon trying to cancel and following their printed instructions there is no way to unsubscribe from you settings. You have to call. What a joke. Hopefully a CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST ZOOSK is underway!

3/12/14

It's a total waste of money it's NOT a free dating site, they make you pay a monthly fee & buy coins separately. they won't let you unsubscribe from the site.

3/8/14

Rip off.........boost members? wtf.......bad experience. Hard to chat with members. Need to pay more money to buy coins. Over charged by $25.00.

3/7/14

Beware of a guy by the name of Nathan van der beck claiming to be from Nashville and working in So Africa, I googled him and found him on facebook and living in Germany. The best is he wrote me asking for money to get out of So Africa.

2/27/14

Yeap they're scam. Wink auto response looks like you have a mail of course zoosk doesn't let you read. You subscribe and don't realize there's a activation fee of 24 bucks plus 19.99 monthly total of 45 bucks. Then you go and realized that you got scammed. You have no mail but some auto response from profiles. ..

2/24/14

IF YOUR A GUY JUST GO TO A MASSAGE PARLOR AND TAKE CARE OF JUNIOR. WHAT A CROCK OF BEANS!!! ACTUALLY -NO STARS. 99% OF THE WOMEN ARE JUST GOLD DIGGERS OR FAKE. AND THE REST CAN NEVER BE CONTACTED. I SENT MY NUMBER TO A WOMAN 3 TIMES BECAUSE I KEPT GETTING EMAILS TELLING ME SO & SO WANTS TO MEET OR CHAT. THEN THEY HAVE SOME COIN $#*! WHERE YOU HAVE TO PAY AGAIN. NOTHING BUT A SCAM. I TRIED FOR 4 DAYS THEN DEMANDED A REFUND WHICH THEY REFUNDED FULL AMOUNT.

2/24/14

I work for ZOOSK and I can guarantee you it is a scam. For those of you thinking of joining, please do not waste your money or put your profile on there. They will distribute your information from your profile to other sites which are even lower on the scam scale. POF is a free site that isn't too bad. I would suggest you go there. If there was a rating of zero stars I would pick that.

2/19/14

RIPOFF, DATING SITE CON. I was lazy & signed up without first checking online reviews. What a waste of time. Instantly got dozens of views, winks and whatever. "So and so wants to meet you".. bla bla. Then of course discovered I can't contact "members" without paying up front. LOL obvious scam is obvious. Fake member profiles put up by staff. Bots spam out the lies to sucker you in. They should be sued and shut down for unethical business practices! Reporting to the BBB...

2/19/14

I have not used this site in years; recently Zoosk sent a post to my lady saying I like Zoosk; she has sence left me; this is not a dating site, it's a relationship destruction site. considering suing Zoosk and facebook

2/19/14

1st off, Zoosk scams you with people that are not real members, 2nd they keep pulling back on your search access attempting to sell you up more and more. They are very deceitful, 3rd they are gathering your information including facial scans for
the NSA to use against you. Also beware of OkCupid doing the same, along with most of the other dating sites, Myspace, Facebook especially, Twitter, Google, and other social sites working for the Socialist Communist Regime and our Dictator n Chief.

2/15/14

The other reviews I read say it all. Zoosk wants more money to buy coins to access features that should be included and in my opinion are implied to be. Don't waste your time and money here. Match.com was much better. I happen to think that most of the profiles are dormant. Just left overs of people that gave up on this pathetic rip off!

2/10/14

Paid for a subscription only to learn that I needed to spend more money on "coins" to access who wanted to meet me. Scam. Stick to pof.com

2/8/14

Honestly this site is a joke because I had some really creepy guys sending me messages and some of them were way younger or way older than my age and it seems that half of them also are looking for casual things which is what tells a lot of women they're seeking something of a sexual nature and not everyone is wanting to just meet people for sexual encounters. If that's the case go and set up a profile on Adultfriendfinder.com since that's where you can meet those for booty calls and god knows what. Then they want you to pay an outrageous fee(plus additional money just to activate your membership) for a membership. I saw a couple potential guys, but one was five years younger with a kid and the other was 8 years older with a kid. They seem to emphasize a lot of single parents which most arent even married most of them have baby mamas all over the place. How are any of these men going to be taken seriously if they present themselves like this? Customer service is a joke you think you're talking to an american.....you're not I called them and some woman with an Indian accent answered the call and they're not helpful at all. You have no activation fee with EHarmony or Match.com just a simple membership fee that fits your budget. Im doing a trial and its a waste of time most of the guys on there have abandoned their profiles without officially deleting them so you're emailing dead and fake profiles. I honestly believe that Zoosk is deliberately creating profiles to get people to sign up dont waste your time. Tell anyone who will listen to go sign up for legitimate sites like EHarmony, Match.com, and Our Time(if you're 50+) at least you know they're for real and dont create profiles to draw people in.

2/6/14

I really don't like this website or application because man, you have to constatly pay for the service and the price is annoying, the services should be free. Allow everyone to socialize without any issues or problems.

2/5/14

I just joined today and I am already disgusted with Zoosk!.There are unforseen charges. You cannot even see if someone has read your message without paying More $$$ I am deleting my subscription today after reading all of these other negative reviews and demanding that my credit card NOT be charged!!!

2/5/14

This site is totally $#*!ed. Pay your bucks but choose not to post a photo and you cant contact anyone. Browse photos without actually clicking on them and magically they all seem to view you. Type in distance from home to browse and they will add 100s of kilometres more. Delete people who have viewed you and they come back to haunt you. Send someone a message and then they want more $#*!ing money to allow you to see if they replied. So I am paid up but cant message anyone freely without buying $#*!ing coins or some bull$#*!...thanks for the scam zoosk, ya pack of $#*!heads!!!

2/4/14

Ive dealt with dating websites before, and the way this one has females messaging you one liners and the only way you can respond is by paying money is a scam. No actual woman on a dating site sends a one liner. Fraud.

2/4/14

I wish I had of seen these reviews before I paid my money on this site. From day one it is an atrocity and absolute rip off.
The site appears to have members, but after you pay you realise they are just non paying browsers, with Zoosk using me as an ''attraction for some 500 people are reading my profile in the first few days to join, , but none of them are members , Messages from 20 year olds to 70 year olds are disturbing, the site tries to match me up with anything and everything that is in contrast to my requests, it wants you to accept conversations (for more money) with people you know nothing of except the image.

I have been taken for a ride

2/3/14

Horrible! I deactivated my account weeks ago only to find out it is still active and I had 100 messages!!!! I just checked my old email to find out it was back up! I took all the pics off too! I just changed the name to deactivated account! How the hell can they still use it when I took it down?!

2/3/14

Absolutely the worst dating site ever.
They charge a fortune just to access and then charge
more to communicate with anyone on the site.
It is fifty dollars for three months which is automatically
renewed. They will not prorate when if you want to quit.
No one should join Zoosk. Any dating site is better.

1/30/14

Zoosk is the most questionable dating website I have ever used. I honestly don't know if the people on the site even exist. The website tells me I have a slew of "connections" but I don't know where they came from because I didn't create them. It seems like the website sends automatic responses to people on my behalf without my permission. I have not subscribed but used the site for free to get a feel for its "usability". I am grateful that I did not bother to waste my money on what seems like a hoax. Many other reputable dating websites exist - Zoosk is a joke - just a place to fool around without any real results.

1/28/14

I shut this site down (I thought) last year. I am now in a 9 month relationship ... well, guess what? A friend of his saw my profile on this site, and not only that, apparently I RESPONDED to his profile with a "Thanks for the Wink" comment!! I haven't been on the site since last May, but apparently automated messages from me are being sent!! I think I finally shut it down by going through a two step process. We shall see. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!!

1/28/14

STAY AWAYYY!!!!!!!!!!! NO GOOD!!!!!! AND THE PROBLEM IS THAT THEY DON'T REMOVE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION OR DELETE I TRY AND SAY I CANNOT REMOVE, THEN I CALL SUPPORT THEY SAY THE ONLY WAY TO REMOVE IS REPLACE BY ANOTHER CREDIT CARD! WHAT I'M CALLING BANK OF AMERICA TO REPLACE MY CARD AND BEWARE OF THIS SCAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/27/14

Zoosk is the WORST dating site EVER!! What a rip-off!! DO NOT and I repeat, DO NOT waste you time and money by joining this site!!

1/22/14

I'd actually like to rate it a NEGATIVE 10, although since that's not an option, I'm giving it a 1. What a FAKE FAKE FAKE site! SOOO PATHETIC!!!! I received many many chat requests daily even though my profile said I can't chat at the site (I never downloaded their chat software, didn't trust having their JUNK on my computer). I also received tons of email contacts, many telling me how cute &/or beautiful I was, even though I had ZERO photos posted in my profile. Then when I tried to edit my profile & mention what a FAKE site it was, they wouldn't post my changes. LOL. I can only hope that no one is ever fooled into paying Zoosk a single penny in hopes to find love .... that would be just terrible!!!

1/17/14

Your going to get ripped off..I have messaged almost 60 woman and got 0 real responses. I feel like I'm the only one "real" on there.Wish I saw this website before subscribing to the scam.

1/15/14

What a scam, you get messages from people that aren't there, a lot of fake profiles of people from other countries. It does not properly indicate what state your matches live and the distances are absolutely wrong. It is intentionally misleading that makes you think that that person is much closer than that actually are so that you select them. Which generally costs more. Perhaps if i had a helicopter or a duck boat iy would be a bit more accurate. If you happen to figure it out the game and you complain they will cancel your membership. Additionally they don't tell you that messages and mutual matches can just disappear after only 30 days. For me they made it seem as if I was having a technical problem until it happened again and again my messages my matches my connections all gone. I was I paid for that. Its like buying groceries and not even getting them to your car. They say well you spent the coins so now you got to go back into the grocery store and spend more. What a scam

1/14/14

This site is all about money. Paid $70 thinking that would give me access to all the women on this site, but that's wrong. You get notifications that someone wants to meet and all you have to determine yes, maybe, or no is a thumbnail pic age, and city. If you select yes or maybe, you get a message stating it's mutual and all you have to do is BUY "coins" to communicate. You can't search for the person by site ID and if you try by searching on age and less than 50 miles, you'll quickly find out the search criteria won't work and you'll get people from all over the country....... If I could rate this site a zero I would....... STAY AWAY

1/11/14

This site is completely pointless. Upon searching for members with in "50 miles" most of them were thousands of miles away. There are a lot of free dating sites that offer a LOT more functionality and better ease of use. $70+ just to send someone a message? No thanks. I knew women were expensive, but damn! ;) I've met plenty of new friends on the sites I already have. This site must be meant for the really desperate. I wouldn't want to meet anyone that feels the need to use this site. I was only on this site for 15 minutes and instantly knew it was complete garbage.

1/8/14

Complete scam. Paid up 1 month subscription to find out there is an additional fee on top. After a few days I lost ability to send messages unless I gave them my phone number which I wasn't going to do cause by then I decided I don't trust them. Ended up cancelling my visa card cause I don't trust them at all.

1/7/14

I was on Zoosk for 5 months and attempted to chat with over 400 women and only 1 ever responded. Now they won't let me change my profile to tell it how it is on there. I'm sure they have all the things wrong with this site covered under their Terms of Agreement. Don't join Zoosk! Total scam!

The Best Dating Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber