US Government's NSF

1st Review:
harryj

231 Reviews for Zoosk.com

Review Highlights

Even before my profile was fully created I was having doubts.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

1/11/14

This site is completely pointless. Upon searching for members with in "50 miles" most of them were thousands of miles away. There are a lot of free dating sites that offer a LOT more functionality and better ease of use. $70+ just to send someone a message? No thanks. I knew women were expensive, but damn! ;) I've met plenty of new friends on the sites I already have. This site must be meant for the really desperate. I wouldn't want to meet anyone that feels the need to use this site. I was only on this site for 15 minutes and instantly knew it was complete garbage.

1/8/14

Complete scam. Paid up 1 month subscription to find out there is an additional fee on top. After a few days I lost ability to send messages unless I gave them my phone number which I wasn't going to do cause by then I decided I don't trust them. Ended up cancelling my visa card cause I don't trust them at all.

1/7/14

I was on Zoosk for 5 months and attempted to chat with over 400 women and only 1 ever responded. Now they won't let me change my profile to tell it how it is on there. I'm sure they have all the things wrong with this site covered under their Terms of Agreement. Don't join Zoosk! Total scam!

1/6/14

Many of the women are 'fake'. I've also noticed that a so called chat begins, and then silence. No more response. I wish I had my monthly fee back. At least I can quit at the end of this month which I surely will.

1/6/14

It is a scam. Stupid me actually paid for a membership! There are no really people on there as far as I an concerned! The ones that add you to chat do not respond! I have never received one message back from anyone! I tried to delete all the people that had viewed my profile, within 5 second they have viewed it again! It is total BS.. I do believe the administrators have all this set up to make you believe someone may be interested in yourself! It is all about Zoosk making money, not anyone meeting someone! I won't rate this site, because it doesn't deserve a rating!

1/5/14

This site is a pathetic waste of time. It is nothing but a money grab. The only person I was able to communicate with sent me her personal e-mail, said she lived in Kelowna on her profile, and actually lived in Russia. Every message sent to them for assistance was ignored. Every attempt at changing parts of my profile was denied. The people that run this site are as big of thieves as the con artist from Russia. FU Zoosk.

1/5/14

horrible! you need coins to receive messages from your matches! what the hell is this? I am already paying a premium for a month. why I have to pay for the basic features again. f....k this website. never again.

1/4/14

I would rate it a zero..stupid little games to earn or buy coins...can't view mutals if don't have coins!!

1/4/14

Total scam. Men have to pay to even read the message women sent. Woman can not only read for free, but also reply for free once. So most woman profiles are free on this site. The women who messaged me just disappeared soon after. Most profile seems to be inactive or don't even have pictures. Stay away!

12/31/13

Zoosk is the WORST dating site I have EVER encountered. To be fair, I understand that a business needs to make money. I get that, but to be so greedy so as to have these friggin MICRO TRANSACTIONS? That is ridiculous! I feel like I'm being nickled and dimed to death on there. Now, about their members. For some odd reason, Zoosk has some of the ugliest and dumbest people I have seen on any website. I know Zoosk doesn't have control over this, but why does this site seem to attract so many 'uglies?'

12/27/13

this site is just junk they send fake messages and all ways want money for any thing its just a giant scam 90% of the time the users don't really exist or so it seems I had 176 so called people view my profile and none of the girls replied I stayed as a free member hahaha free my ass lolz I recommend never signing up for this wacky site go to plenty of fish instead zoosk is trash

12/27/13

Sends out fake messages to you..always good looking and within 10 to 15 miles. i alway reply and give them an email to answer..they never do. I payed with paypal and put my fee in dispute. Zoosk provided no emails for help or discloses that you have to buy "coins" to meet people close by for the most part.

12/26/13

I supposedly had 254 people view my profile....not one person ever responded good or bad....so i chat requested all 254 members not one ever answered good or bad and I resent the messages 3 times.for a total of 750 messages ...hat a surprize...nothing ...nothing good nothiing bad....so I than randomly sent 400 more chat request to anyone under 50 and less than 200lbs saying even if ur not interested simply respond no thanks.... nothing.... nothing good nothing bad...the law of numbers says someone should have respond something. it is computer generated scams and lies just to get you to signup...i'm not old... ugly or wrote anything crude in my profile....the problem is you simply get no responce...no matter what you try ....nothing....but the same time you are sending a chat request .they are supposedly reading ur profile it's all BS

12/25/13

Zoosk is unbelievably useless; you won't meet a person there unless you really don't care who it is. Stay away and don't let paid (?) reviewers get you lured into this scam.

12/25/13

Zoosk got my information without my knowledge. Then random men started emailing me. I never joined this site.

12/22/13

I was just curious about the website, so filled out a little info and before I knew it, I was a member, but I didn't want to subscribe until I investigated a little more. I received a few messages, but you can't respond unless you pay.....and when they show you pics of people and ask if you want to meet, you have to respond to earn "coins" or buy the coins to be able to view some messages or reply to them. I can't figure out how to delete my profile, so I just removed my pics and info.....I got even MORE responses after I did this, most of them way too young and too far away. This is without a doubt the stupidest dating site ever! Wish I could give it a minus 5 stars! (Since I can't delete, I have "hidden" my profile....anxious to see how many matches I get that way, LOL)

12/21/13

Agree with "total ripoff". It looks like they are conning facebook users into copying their info over into the zoosk database, then serving them up as "profiles". The messaging software seems to be broken, doesn't save much message history either. They also try to get you to pay extra (coins) even if you are a paid premium member. If you've been a victim of this site, don't give up! There are plenty of fish ;-) that one seems to be the real deal, although I've heard good things about okcupid, too, I dunno.

12/19/13

Absolute rip off.They tell you so and so is interested,you have to buy coins to contact the person,and 10 out of 10 does not respond.Zoosk makes up that someone is interested in you.Total scam.0 stars.

12/10/13

You pay your subscription and are then expected to play games to gain coins to be able to see mutual matches who have both said they wish to meet, check if mails read etc. When you play these games you have to say if you wish to meet someone on purely a photo & age - no idea where they live or anything else. Don't know about you, but there is more to wanting to meet someone than a poor picture and age in my opinion! I wouldn't waste your time as many of profiles state how difficult site is & give FB info etc. That says it all....

12/7/13

I thought I had met a great guy online, but it turned out to be a catfish and a phishing attempt for money. His name on the site is: goodguydr, and he gave his real name as Gaufrid Arndt, 41, Rancho Santa Fe, CA. He states in his profile, he is a Christian, and tells a sob story about his ex taking his five-year-old girl away and that is why he moved to the United States, to get a new start. He claims he is a civil engineer, and two days after we started communicating online, he says he has an overseas job in Spain for six weeks. At first, everything was going well with his job, and that he may come back December 7. Then, a week or so later, he says his tourist ticket is on December 14. He complains of the cold weather in Spain and says he misses me. States he has a condo in Sarasota, Florida - but there are no property records of the purchase. He asked me to call him in Spain. We talked a little more than a week. The last few days, he started to hint at work difficulties, that there was not enough money, that he needed $2000 from his account in Florida. But he didn't trust his friends, and he has no family.

I was going to send him a handwritten letter but he refused to give me his hotel or his home address in Florida. After that, I think he felt he "hooked" me, and started to ask if I could ask others for money for him. Then he asked me directly, saying he is normally a very proud man, and it hurts to beg.

I blocked his numbers so he can't call me anymore. Asking for money is such a red flag. I hope no other woman falls for this scheme. He did what other dating scam websites said, he did direct me to start chatting on Yahoo Messenger instead of Zoosk.

He called me from a different number a few days ago. First, buttering me up, then the next day, pretending to be angry at my Zoosk review. I took it down, still wanting to believe this fantasy. But I've reposted it to warn others of this fake. And I blocked his number again.

I have talked to others, and they have had similar experiences. A Jamaican man living in Philadelphia, and then when my friend wanted to meet, he hesitated and made excuses. He, too, switched her to chatting on Yahoo Messenger.

Overall, it seems the quality of profiles are less than a couple free sites. Oh, and Zoosk will only take down a profile if there is something overtly offensive. Otherwise, they have to keep it posted. I had some difficulty unsubscribing from the website also. I had to call them directly to untangle the auto-renew.

12/6/13

the site is obviously a scam and here's why.

- most of the profiles contain 1 photo and no descriptive information requiring a user to type in anything.

- as far as the women go, once you do a search, you will most likely get some "attractive" results right off the bat. this doesn't tend to happen on other dating site sorry. if you wink at one of them, you will most likely get an email response within the hour. once you try and read the email response, you will be asked for money.

- right after you setup your account, you will start to notice your view count and winks go up, even if you only put up 1 photo and didn't type anything into your profile. i don't care how unattractive you think you are, this will most likely happen.

- your search results will contain a lot of people outside your search radius and age range.

i could keep going, but i "deactivated" my account right away. there is no "delete" profile option which is a little concerning.

12/4/13

I just subscribe recently for a month on this site. I used it for about a day and was already having trouble viewing my messages. It wanted me to pay extra just to view it or to see someone who might be interested in me. I e-mailed customer service of my problem and they deleted me from my subscription!!! Tried to contact them again and again either by phone (number don't work) or the person emailing me back is a robot. Never refunded my money...REally pissed about it still. WORST DATING SITE.

11/26/13

I was charged double what I agreed to after they charged a $25 "first time activation fee." I had too much going on at the time to realize what had happened and didn't feel like fighting it. So I had a very, very expensive one month subscription. Whic was so stoo-pid it was almost funny, even it wasn't so stupid and creepy. Zoosk's profile standards are as low as their business ethics--anybody can set up a profile with almost no information. I would regularly get matches from people with just a picture who were apparently illiterate. Also, after the exorbitant sign up fee, they kept trying to sell me "coins" to see matches, or to send virtual roses, etc. Really, this site is so idiotic, it's funny--as long as you haven't paid.

11/26/13

I subscribed, and had fun with the site. My issue with the site is that I never authorized automatic renewal of coins. My account filled up with coins several times when my account got down to 5- 10 coins. I received zero e-mail notifications of being billed for coin renewals at $19.95 a piece, so I assumed that the site was filling my coins as a promotional to keep people active with the site. I received a credit card bill with 6 charges of $19.95 and called them to dispute never being notified that I had been billed. I spoke with a rep and then a manager. The best they were willing to do was credit me back for 2 of the $19.95 charges. This site is clearly a scam. They may have fine print to cover themselves legally, but the site is an absolute fraud that preys upon lonely hearts. Stear clear of Zoosk.

11/24/13

Made me buy coins to even see the profile of someone who said they would like to meet me after presumably seeing only my picture on there carousel game. than i go to talk to them after spending the coins worth about $2. and I cant chat because i'm not a subscriber subscribing for just a month is about $30 plus a previously unannounced $25 one time activation fee, that is only seen on the payment confirmation if you go over the itomisation obviously designed to not be seen. this site is a pathetic representation of exactly what is wrong with our society.

11/24/13

nothing about zook coins can be found in policy statements or in other site locatons. You have no idea if someone views your text message and you must to see if they got it. i stayed off site for a week and received notices that certainpeople wanted to meet but you were requried to buy coins. Coins were required in order to "boost" popularity which means if you did not they did not show your profile. Its a scam

11/23/13

Worst website ever.. waste of money.. as a premium member I do not have a option to have a better search options or I cant contact non subscribed members ..

11/23/13

this is a scam, not only a scam but a type of scam that makes you believe whats not real and make you pay for fake replies of outomated programs. I got screwed and for more than 200 bucks just cause I was lonely. but I will hunt this $#*!er down..

11/21/13

I wish I spent the 55$ on a private investigator to track down the creator of this site, so I can ring his $#*!ing neck. Every wink you give is automatically replied to by the system and NOT the user. So here I am thinking all these girls are actually choosing to reply when in reality, they prolly don't even know they're getting winks. The creator of this site is a piece of $#*!. Furthermore, when you go to sign up, at the last minute they tack on a one time additionally fee. Then, you have to pay for coins to do anything else on the site.

11/18/13

its sad...i refuse to subscribe esp after reading these..I cannot answer messages or winks..ive already come across 2 Nigerian Scammers with fake profiles on the app and some how an automated message asking randoms to send me a message has gone from me to everyone.???..and when they do..i cant see their messages...and ive set the age range but men way outside of it are still messaging me..i have even been asked if MY profile is fake because i seem ..too nice/real and eager to talk off the site...but thats only cause i cant view any messages after the first message...total..SCAM!!!

11/18/13

Its basically a fraud as i soon found out the hard way! I "winked" afew ladies as you do and within 10 seconds got a "reply" from all the ladies that they're interested in me Foolishly i immediately signed up for the premium service! Then when it dawned to me that the answers were all very similar, i tried to cancel but it was too late! Anyway i rang some Uk rep of this California company who fobbed me off but promised that it will be cancelled after 1 month but money was taken the month after again! Then got my solicitors involved and everything finally halted. Please remember its not the ladies replying to you but some freak in a California! I think alot of the ladies i went for were not genuine profiles, although alot were genuine aswell.

11/17/13

I sent 10 wink. I got replies from all 10 Women, w/in 1 minute or less. Here are there replies:
1.) Thanks for winking at me! If you want to get to know me, please send me a message. GR**GEM.... WINK @ 3:08 pm; her REPLY @ 3:09

2.) Hi there. Please send me a more detailed message and tell me about yourself. A**14u......... WINK @ 12:38 pm; her REPLY @ 12:39 pm

3.) Hey, how are you? Thanks for hitting me up. Now tell me more. C** *BY................ WINK @ 4:47 pm; her REPLY @ 4:48 pm

4.) If you're interested in contacting me, please drop me a line and tell me more. RE***SY........ WINK @ 10:50 pm; her REPLY @ 10:50pm

5.) Thanks! I noticed that you noticed me :) Now let's talk. Ok G**o............................. WINKED @ 4:03 pm; her REPLY @ 4:03 pm

6.) Great, thanks for winking at me. How about sending me a short message and telling me a little about yourself now? B*** 804 ............ WINK @ 8:14 pm: her REPLY @ 8:14 pm

7.) :) I appreciate the wink but like messages better. EV**YN.......WINK @ 4:07 pm; her REPLY @ 4:08 pm

8.) Thanks. If you're interested in contacting me, please drop me a line and tell me more. N***A......... WINK @ 9:53 pm; her REPLY @ 9:53 pm
:) I appreciate the wink but like messages better.

9.) LV *****mCA........ WINK @ 12:28 pm; her REPLY @ 12:29 pm

SOMETHING is not right !!!!!! 10 for 10, replies, all w/in 90 seconds or less.
Then, when I reply to there Response(s), I get Nooooo reply ! 0 for 10 !!

Sooooooooooooooooo, is ZOOSK, the 2nd BEST DATE SITE ??
Is, ZOOSK, a Rip Off ???????

P. S.: This is my 2nd time on ZOOSK.

11/16/13

ry to exchange emails they block it out. Same thing in profiles, you have to . Even if you are a paying member, you have to buy coins to unlock mutual matches in the meet me game, that's what irritated me most. I called about the one time fee and they waived it. It's so so, I dated quite a few of the women in person, so there are real ones on there. I do know that all of the attractive ones get ALOT of mail,including all kinds of unrequested nude photos, and disturbing letters. So, results vary, I guess. But there's really not much on Zoosk you can't get on POF for free, I've never tried Cupid.

11/16/13

A complete fraud. You need to pay to send messages and most of the profiles are fake. The only member I have had respond was an overweight whore with no personality. A homosexual atheist would have a better chance of finding a match at Christian mingle than anyone would have at finding someone zoosk.

11/14/13

Besides the lack of users, I'm not sure which ones are real or not. But after paying the subscription fee you then have to purchase coins to use certain Zoosk services. It makes Zoosk look like a scam and not worth the time and effort. They are more concerned about making money off of its users than making connections. Out of all the dating sites out there stay away from this one.

11/13/13

Lot of these reviews are BS. Sure there are some fake profiles but most are legit. You can spot a fake profile a mile off. The biggest problem with Zoosk is it wants money for doing stuff that POF and Datehookup do for free. Even on the free sites the most common complaint is that messages get ignored 99% of the time. So why would you want to pay for that? Zoosk will do everything in their power to stop you from passing on contact information. If you put the info in a message of on a photo they will be deleted.

11/12/13

fake profiles of ladies and automated messages. most of the ladies are scammers so please beware. two different ladies with different pictures can ask for your email and send auto- biography which is more than one page with same information. What a coincidence. I wish the government would get this site closed and the owners arrested. I wish everyone the best but stay clear of this site

11/11/13

AVOID AT ALL COSTS – Can’t believe I fell for this scam. I signed up to Zoosk a month ago for three months and have cancelled after just 4 weeks. This was my first go at online dating and have found this site to be a totally demoralising experience. I’m an average looking guy, 32, never married, no children, financially secure, have my own house, no crazy ex’s so thought I’d have no trouble finding SOMEONE……ANYONE, not a chance - after a month of sending countless messages to all types on women I hardly received any responses. When I did get a response, it would usually just be one or two messages and that would be it. When I received winks/views from other users, I’d write to them, and again, no response. The search functionality is c**p and so is the layout of the profiles. Many fake profiles too. I live in a small town and have done my whole life – when I search through all the local women (approx 50 profiles) I didn’t recognise a single one – very strange. After reading some of the reviews on here, it makes me feel a little better about online dating……… I’ll give it another go on a different site and hopefully not get scammed again

11/7/13

fraud .fraud. fraud. I need to vent I'd like to strangle the bastards who get away with these scams. just like countless others.....if only I had read the reviews first. Who can afford to be out 100bucks?

11/7/13

100% scam. Fake profiles, the lot. You contact people that have apparently viewed your profile on numerous occasions to find they have not, or they just do not respond. I was overcharged for my membership as well. Typical of how big business can scam workers and get away with it because litigation is not worth the time or effort

11/3/13

TOTAL SCAM!!!!! Run away. I am glad i only subscribed for a month. I was so optimistic with the profile of the girls when i started, they looked very cute and descent. I subscribed for a month and never got one simple reply from any lady. I know i have got a great profile, and my profile isn't that bad to be ignored by all the girls i contacted. Even the girls that are interested in me do not reply me when i send a message to them. I get some winks too, and i message them but would never respond, when i get a a mutual match, they ask for another payment to unlock. Then why did i subscribe, if i would still pay more to hook up. This site should be banned and the owner JAILED!!!!!!!!!!

10/30/13

Zoosk sucks plan and simple. I would never pay for zoosk.
I don't even want to give it a star but it makes you click on one.

10/23/13

This site is the same as Our Time. They send you fake reviews and requests. When you respond the men never acknowledge you or come back with a rude remark saying they never contacted you. They do not match you correctly.
If you smoke the they match you with nonsmokers. The VIEWS are FAKE, the WINKS are FAKE. Tells you when you sent a message to pay more so you can find out if they read it or when they read it. It says they are on line and they are not. Facebook should not be promoting this site. I spent $100 for absolutely NIL.
When you chat with someone and you don't chat again or was not interested there is no way to remove them from your CONNECTIONS, so are constantly getting FAKE messages saying they want to chat with you, They are viewing your profile. LIES LIES You set you distance to 50 miles from your home and you are getting men 3, 4, and 5 hundred miles away!!!!! FAKE!!!!!!!

10/17/13

Jion site .you can't save anyone u r intrested in . Most profiles i think are fake .You wink at someone and you receive a message from that person in yor e-mail . But can't make contact with them . i have even ask them to post on facebook thier user name but get no response. Just to many problems to list . This site is a waste of time and money . Its all about money .

10/14/13

The same old members appear every few days under the heading "new Members". They are primarily overweight, unattractive members of the opposite sex. Lately I have not ben able to "click on" to members who are supposed to be interested, because I get a clicking sound, a little yellow star and no change of window.
I am paid until next month, but as soon as my subscription ends, I shall be off this site. I have tried other sites and they have all been superior to ZOOSK.

10/10/13

Even after paying, you can't do ANYTHING. Nobody can see your messages unless they're also paying, and nobody is. You will waste your money on this if you give any.

10/6/13

Completely unreliable. When I click "not interested" those same very people appear the next day as "interested" or "look whose checked you out". .... People I just look at get put into my "guess who's interested" or "he wrote you" categories. Twice guys said they never were interested nor contacted me .... and that "Zoosk is always screwing up like that." Just horribly unsatisfactory. My search parameters keep "defaulting" and when I "invisible" myself, I still am visible. Bad Service

10/2/13

Total rip off! This site should be illegal!
Full of fake profiles with pictures pulled from the net.
Simply save a picture and copy its image data then search it in google pictures, what comes up are model profiles and other pictures.
Holly valance has a profile on Zoosk! Do you think she's looking for a guy on here!?
All in all ths website is just a terrible rip off for gods sake don't buy into it!

9/30/13

pretty bad as far as paying members go so zoosk charges you a fee too sign up and another for a monthly membership and the women that are profiled are losers who could not keep a husband or their chubby hands off the fridge my advice if you wanna a zoosk date go find a barfly instead

9/28/13

It's a collection of fake profiles. They ask for a price and when you try to join they increase it. They never respond to a single message. It's simple a scam site.

About Zoosk
Specialties & Business Description
Zoosk is a large online dating site that features a Facebook app and attempts to integrate social networking with dating. Zoosk is a private company based in San Francisco, CA and has raised more than $40 million from investors.