US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellid1

People say they want to meet you, few follow through. (in 196 reviews)

johnf130

Almost signed up then I found about an extra $30 dollar fee after I entered my credit card info. (in 27 reviews)

samanthar19

You can only send two messages without paying, so you usually put a phone number in one of those first two messages. (in 17 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

larrym60
5/7/15

Site OK.....not sure why I kept getting profile looks as when I ask the one who appears to have looked claim that they weren't.

lindac95
5/6/15

I went on Zoosk earlier but had know luck. I decided to give it another try. I almost gave up until this wonderful man caught my eye. I sent him a chat request and he responded. We have been talking since. The chemistry is unbelievable between us. I have found the one I want to spend my life with. Thank you so much Zoosk for bringing us together.

shanf
5/6/15

I have to say that this site was Awesome. Easy to Navigate and communicate with others. I met the Love of My Life!! Never knew I could have so much in common with Someone from a totally different background. We are totally alike in many ways. He gave me hope and made me a Believer of Love. I truly Adore him. We plan on getting married next year!! He's really is the most Awesome Guy I've ever met! Thanks Zoosk!!

robertn52
5/6/15

The matches are doubtful. Don't know who they try to fool but this site is not Worth the money. Even men are presented as the ideal relation. No new membership for me.

roberts238
5/5/15

I was never a fan of Zoosk.com and always believed that well established sites like mingle2day.com (and expensive match.com) are better options. But in general there are worse sites than Zoosk.com.

randyc33
5/5/15

wonderful selection of educated women of white and black descent

solomonm10
5/5/15

The sea is as wide as it will be in your area. This can be good or bad; the ladies will vary in type, in physique, and even mental ability(shocking..not really, when guys are the same way). While plenty of ladies are plain clueless that more than one woman is on this site, most are willing to accept that you're looking and so two to three dates per week is fully possible.

thomasr50
5/5/15

Zoosk opened up connections that I never could have on my own. Great site for an introvert like myself to make connections easily.

melissab62
5/4/15

Interesting system for picking and eliminating potential dates. Good questions in questionnaire, but not too time consuming. If I hadn't found the man of my dreams I'd still be on here having fun meeting people!

justinb83
5/3/15

I met someone great and it wouldn't have happened without you. Thanks!

danag24
5/3/15

Thank you zoosk for helping me find a wonderful, loving, thoughtful man! We are so happy!

brianc77
5/3/15

One week on the site, and Nobody talks to me. Plenty of people in my area, but nothing is happening. I am a decent looking 33 year old man.

jackb122

Would never have met Carole if not for Zoosk

jc140
5/3/15

My friend encouraged me to go on Zoosk because I am going through a ruff divorce and although I'm not ready to date she said Zoosk would at least give me someone to talk to who could help take my mind off my divorce. She was right.. I spoke to several people only one creeped me out. I was about ready to shut it down after two weeks then I found a nice guy to talk too.. He has been great helping me through my divorce and though we may never be more than friends I am greatful to have found someone to relate too. Thanks Zoosk!

marks233
5/3/15

This is the worst dating site I have ever had occasion to join. Absolutely pathetic interface, with inanely annoying coin system which just keeps ripping you off; ever asking for more money so one can sustain communication with members.

Even when one tries to express and interest nothing ever happens. Worst still, when you reject a member, they are like horror movie zombies which cannot be killed off; they just keep on coming back in an appalling recurring nightmare! I am absolutely convinced everything about Zoosk is fake, as no matter what you do, there is never any reply or ‘real’ interaction with ‘real’ people.

Regarding records, it is just impossible to control “your interests” in any shape or form. And for those members one does contact or write to, no personal folder is created, so all records of communication are instantly lost the instant after you press the send button.

But above all what I found most incredible, was the quality of the female members – these are woefully by far the ugliest women I have seen in my life!!! I am talking light years beyond coyote ugly!! - Overall value Zero Stars!

Tip for consumers: run as far away as you can from Zoosk!!

abdulh19
5/2/15

You must buy like minimum $40 subscription to communicate to someone you like and then expect them to be a paid subscriber to be able to read your message. No way to find out if the person you want to contact is also paid subscriber. You see 100 faces and you will not be able to communicate with even say 10 of them and not sure which ones are paid subscribers...

hh19
5/1/15

I find Match.com to be 10x more useful, more selective, more responsive, and easier to find and date women that would be much closer to who i am looking for in life. Zoosk asks for extra money to talk with a woman AFTER joining! This is a ripoff of a site..avoid is my experienced opinion!

micholh

good

budg16
4/30/15

Its. What. U makeof it don expect to much be honest it could happen yo U

jameym10
4/30/15

Be open and be honest, don't jump in and listen to what they have to say. See if there is a connection. This site really can work for you!

markl119
4/30/15

my mother used zoosk and has now passed away they took 100's of pounds on here credit card, tried to close her account but you cannot deactivate an account without cancelling subscription. there is nowhere on the site to cancel subscription and no way of removing credit cards, once they have your card they will not let go beware and avoid this site!!!

michaelaf
4/29/15

Fabulous

ronh52
4/29/15

Saw the stories of recharging credit cards...so I bought a pre paid Visa..tried to sign up, pressed send and it kicked card out said process failed, try again, tried again and said process failed....checked card balance and I had 45.00 dollars deducted...called Zoosk they said call bank, I said it's prepaid...he said I am very sorry there is nothing I can do.

juliek24
4/28/15

it was a great experience. i highly recommend it,

sheldond4
4/27/15

I finally met someone who I like and am compatible with... Thanks Zoosk.....

shawnl25
4/27/15

After couple meetings I was blessed with finding a beautiful lady whose life was as $#*!ed up as mine. Now we can live our $#*!ed up lives together Worked out for me the second time around on zoosk. Patience seems to be the key.

aarong30
4/26/15

I am the stereotypical new initiate to the world of online dating, and I was lonely minimally optimistic that it would work for me. There were some bumps in the road in the beginning, primarily as I learned the intricacies of communicating with someone without the benefit of voice deflection, facial expressions, and various other non-verbal cues which are so vital to a great conversation. But within a week of being online, I found a woman who is a great match for me, and although it is obviously early in our relationship, it is promising enough that I want to focus on her, and see where it might take us. I think it is a match well-made. Thank you.

donnah47
4/25/15

Ive been on the zoosk site...I find it to be nice..but I think the whole coin thing needs to go........other than that...I would go back again...happy hunting...

donnah48
4/25/15

I have always loved Zoosk, the members are down to earth and I have met some friends for life on this site. I hope my new endeavor works out, Wish me Luck. or I will be back.

shelbyh26
4/24/15

I talked to a lot of women and met a couple. I now met the love of my life
and am so happy I tried zoosk.

judithp11
4/23/15

You can cut to the chase and find people whose intentions are honorable and whose personas are kind and considerate.

carolb70
4/23/15

I didn't think it was possible to meet someone that has so much in common with me. He is already part of the family

ralphm35
4/23/15

Over the last 13 months I went on many dates,and I found that special someone that I was searching for.

teresas23
4/22/15

Zoosk is a great way to meet new people. I have enjoyed all the interaction. This is my second time around and I hope this will be a lasting relationship.

adelaidar
4/22/15

I dident think it would happened but I fell in love with my love ;) We've been going on strong now for almost 3 years. Planning for a fall wedding. Im soooo happy! Thank you Zoosk!!!!

judiths24
4/21/15

He is very sweet, kind, honest and a pleasure to know and be with. I am very glad I met him.

kevinm117
4/20/15

Too many members have visions of wonder and some, if not lots, expect successful relationships to fall on their laps without working on them. You add "Friends First" is very effective. And, should build a "Cancel Date" option to minimize getting stood up if they meet someone.

reneeb22
4/20/15

Met someone that has truly made me feel special again. Someone that is real an genuine. It's still early, but so far so good !! and I want to keep him around and see where it goes.
#followyourheart

leonw16
4/19/15

I met a wonderful lady and now we are talking marriage. What more could you ask for!!

waylona
4/19/15

took a few weeks but finally met someone and we clicked after just a few messages

jasonr55
4/19/15

I wasted my money on this site. If you create your free profile to test the waters they will send you a bunch of fake girls trying to entice you to sign-up. DONT DO IT. The girls are fake and the messages are generic to lure you in. This was money thrown away. Hope this helped.

rh453
4/19/15

This company's business ethics are morally bankrupt. Yes I had the same experience detailed by other people in these comments. After choosing the six month price I clicked in my credit card number and advanced to the next page where I was informed there was an additional fee of $25, "activation fee" ...nice one Zoosk. Of course there is no "back" button, or "cancel" button so you don't know if you are going to be charged if you disagree to their tacky, tacky way of roping their customers into paying a charge that was NOT explained beforehand. Is that legal? The next day I received an email from Zoosk saying they would waive the activation fee if I registered and paid within 24 hours. If you do sign up, I recommend you do what I did (begin to register and then exit the page) and then register the next day to avoid the BS fee. The deal is, I don't mind if there is a fee but it is ethically wrong for Zoosk to keep it hidden until after your credit card number has been entered. As consumers, are we going to put up with this crap? Businesses that do this are slime and as consumers we should not stand for it.

A week or so later I said to myself, "OK dude get over your hissy-fit and just join. If it's a good service don't let your bad attitude about their ethics get in the way." So I did join and have been a member for almost six months. I have not received a message back from anyone I have tried to contact. That's OK. Maybe the people who are not members don't get the messages delivered to them. I don't know how Zoosk works. I'm not upset about that so much, but what bugs me is that they ask you to pay more to see if the person you contacted actually read the message. Or they want you to pay more to send it quicker…gee…I guess I shouldn't assume that once I've paid to be a member that I'd have full use of the service. No, they nickel and dime you for more. Very understandable in our business-before-ethics culture.

Also you can boost your "popularity" by allowing Zoosk to validate your phone number or photo but to do that they want to phish into your Facebook data. Maybe that's not such a bad thing but it's a turn off. Do they mean I'll be more popular, sexy or desirable if I share my Facebook data and friends list with them?

Oh….I almost forgot, Zoosk automatically puts it's members in "automatic renewal" status. You get what that means, right? Zoosk automatically renews and charges your credit card when your subscription runs out. Lots of web based businesses do this. Zoosk does not give it's customers the option to approve or disapprove "automatic renewal." A business operating in good faith sends it's customers a message asking the customer to approve payment for renewal. Not Zoosk, as well as plenty of other businesses these days. Building customer "good will" means nothing to them. They figure, "well, if our customers forget to renew, we'll just charge them for the next pay duration…heh, heh." In order to quit, you have to go into your settings and "unsubscribe" before your subscription duration is over.

As to the actual functioning of the Zoosk website, I have really no idea. I didn't get a date or even make contact with anyone in the five and a half months I've been a member. So maybe it works fine, I don't really know. I'm not going to say the site doesn't work, but I will say strongly that for me Zoosk's business ethics are a real turn off to anyone who gives a damn about how they are treated. I was a member of Chemistry.com for awhile and I would say they are better at least in their business dealings.

beaniej
4/19/15

ladies beware, alot of sex talk ,

gregp27
4/19/15

I found her and she live out side of my area. I brought her to visit me in my city and we hit it off in all the right areas for making the best of our relationship. We are in love and aware of all the positives things we will need to do to maintain a healthy and enduring love affair with each other. Thank you Zoosk!

marieb45
4/19/15

The type of man I have met I never would've met any other way. I felt safe in my dating search. I like that facebook,twitter, and other social media are connected.

theresab16
4/19/15

I thought I found my someone special on Zoosk. Turns out he was in Africa, Nigeria and Ghana. Their was a bunch of them scamming people.I almost was arrested. I however, got out of that mess. Just warning to all out there. Please be careful.

laurac75
4/18/15

I will tell my friends about this site

saritar1
4/18/15

This is the worst site I have ever been on and a waste of money. Very hard to contact anyone at the site for help. Finally got someone to answer the phone. Explained to him I was getting emails advising someone was contacting me but when I tried to go in all I got was a blue screen with word Zoosk at the top. The guy I spoke was really no help ..got frustrated so I told him to close the acc, It has been doing this for 3 months. The guy said I had 23 days left but what does it matter if I cant get into it. I have forgotten my user id and no help with that either.,,,so im done with it.

elizabethg46

teresag14
4/18/15

Seems like there were better options and people tailored to my taste than other dating sites. I recommend Zoosk.

15 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: The web site is a nightmare. You cannot delete your account. You can only cancelled. So, as soon as I started dating this guy, I went and cancelled the stupid account. However, the account never went away, it was still showing. Not only that but consistently throughout 3 months, it showed that I was adding friends. From 3, it went up to 13. Thank goodness my boyfriend trusted me to believe that I was not talking to other guys, but I must confess that I was pretty embarrassed. I did not know what to tell him other than, I had NO idea what is going on.
Has anybody heard of that???
7/16/13
Answer
andrewl57
A: Are you talking about Zoosk? Or what web site? I have found on any of the dating sites that they do in deed keep your info.....if you just cancel....its not enough. You have to realize that your subscription doesn't end until the date it was supposed to end. So if you signed up for 3 months....and canceled it after 1 month....it is still active for the remainder of the 3 months. You actually have to go in and HIDE or Deactivate your profile so that no one can view it. Make sure you go into "settings" and turn off all of the mail settings so that you do not keep getting notifications of messages and views. That should solve your problem.
4/5/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: why do the same men frequent your profile and never broach a conversation?
4/4/15
Answer
donj23
A: They aren't really viewing your profile...Zoosk populates your Views with people to make you think you are popular, so you will frequent the site. Zoosk is deceptive and playing games with your emotions!
4/5/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

17 Photos for Zoosk