US Government's NSF

1st Review:
michellek

101 Reviews for Woot.com

Review Highlights

It is worth going to the site just to read the item descriptions.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

4/10/14

I'd never heard of Woot.com until my credit card company contacted me about suspicious activity. Over $1,000 on eight different transactions. I received a pair of shoes I didn't order. I've been trying to contact Woot. No customer service. No phone number. You can only send an e-mail, which gets you an automatic response and nothing else (so far). I can't tell you to stay away from the as I hadn't heard of them till they started running up my credit card.

3/21/14

Received a product that did not work woot would not take it back said to use manufacture. The manufacture said to make woot take it back

Thankfully I paid through amazon.. Great customer service from amazon with their a-z guarantee.
So if you really want the woot product PAY with amazon

3/20/14

So far I would give it one star. I bought two rather expensive lamps from them. When they arrived, one was missing a part. I emailed them directly and asked them to send me the replacement part. Two days later I received an email saying they can't help me, but told me the lamps were under warranty by Jon Gilmore and gave me a customer service link. I clicked on the link and went to the site. There is no way to contact anyone via phone so I was forced to email them. I have yet to hear back from the supplier.

I have since emailed Woot again describing my problem and have requested that they intervene and contact the supplier. I will wait to see if I hear from them. If I do and there is a satisfactory resolution, I will change my rating.

3/19/14

I ordered 99% of my Christmas gifts on line from deal websites. I ordered two new bluetooth speakers from Woot that they continued to advertise as available. One of the speakers did not work properly and they would only refer me to the manufacturer for remedy. I had to pay to ship the item and pay return shipping to have a new item replaced by the manufacturer that Woot had more available of. I asked to be put into contact with a supervisor, but my request was denied. I have since taken Woot off of my list of deal websites to shop at. I refuse to purchase another product from them. Many other deal websites have superb customer service and have even refunded my money before they received the unacceptable item back! Woot needs to step up with their customer service. Maybe they don't mind losing one customer but I have to share my experience with others - BEWARE OF WOOT!

3/10/14

I purchased a snow blower in November, shipped to me in December used it twice the cord snapped off in a very strange way just came apart. When I sent the email to woot In January, I got the generic reply we are busy from holidays please excuse us while we catch up, I figured OK, woot usually means what they say and I figured this was being rectified only to email several other times in January getting the same generic reply.

Finally after waiting over a month, they sent me an email stating to go to the maker, I explained that unit was new and was under the net 30, they explained they do net 21 and I was past them and needed to go to the source, of course another week went by before they replied. I emailed the maker, they asked for pictures, I sent them, didn't hear back emails again and again and they finally sent me an email stating that they were sending a new cord for me to put on the unit, keep in mind the cord is a 2 piece cord, they cut it in half and sent me half of the cord, you can even connect half of a cord to the unit. *FacePalm*

Warranty will be void if I do the work and there is a chance I could connect it wrong and get electrocuted. This whole experience has made me take my business elsewhere. I have filed complaints and have written posts and plan on writing more. I am protected on my purchases. I also know there is something called the lemon law. Strange that this company does not take its customers seriously...
Don't buy it save your money. After doing my due-diligence on the company, I am not the only one who feels this way.

Keep in my mind the area we use it for is about 8x8

Now the maker is insisting I go back to the seller and after a few days the seller (woot) is now sending me back to the manufacturer. What an awesome experience woot, CLTV is something you are missing and frankly your competition will capitalize on it! Not to mention selling something that is discontinued will ultimately end up as your problem.

3/4/14

Woot has great pricing, the majority of the time. The shipping is a little slow, but maybe that is because they have to batch the orders.

2/24/14

Woot is fine if you find a product you want, purchase it at a good price, and it arrives in good shape & in a reasonable period of time. This was my experience the first time I used them. The second time, the item arrived defective, and when I contacted Woot, they told me I was on my own. Their suggestion was I take my problem to the manufacturer. In light of the fact that they have zero customer support, I will not be using them again as it's just too risky.

2/7/14

loved then before, sent me a refurb nexus 7 tab failed upon arrival was traveling, said gonn send t bac, they say whjoops way too busy wrranty no good because we have backlog over the holidays $#*! YOU WOOT, never again

2/4/14

I ordered a refurbished laptop computer from Woot. It didn't work properly (would not connect to WIFI). This is a BIG problem if you have a lap top, which needs WIFI since it is portable. I couldn't find a customer service number ANYWHERE so I could speak to a live person. After several attempts, I gave up and sent them an email with all of my order information etc. in it. It took Woot "AN ENTIRE MONTH" to reply to my email, which was "convieniently" 2 days "after" my warranty period was over through HP. Now I have a computer that doesn't work properly with no warranty. I will NEVER purchase anything refirbished from Woot ever again.

1/30/14

I've been using woot for over 9 years now. I ordered a product and it was late so I did a return to sender. The item returned to a third party delivery site and I never got my money back. Filled a paypal claim for the missing money and they concluded my tracking number was invalid and shorted me my $78. So now I have no product and no money. Ever since they were purchased by Amazon, they have gone well downhill.

1/28/14

I have been buying from woot.com for years and they always deliver exactly what is on their sale page of the day. Their communication is excellent, order confirmation, shipping confirmation, etc. I have never had a problem.

1/27/14

Failing site, won't answer emails, no one is happy with them right now. You can't survive in this economy when you $#*! on your loyal customers like this.

1/27/14

Beware when you shop on Woot.com, They don't have any customer service, no phone number you can call, everything go by Email. Poor responsibility Website.

I bought 5 Large Size Ralph Lauren Polo T-Shirts form Woot.com and I washed before I ware it. Something happen after I washed, all of them become small size, 40% smaller!!!

I think I bought five true brand Ralph Lauren Polo T-Shirts, the results appear to be all fake. I E-mail them they want me to pay for return cost and send it back to them, I already pay for the shipping when I order, why should I pay for something in NOT my fault?? They don't have customer service number you can call, I called the phone on the receipt, it go to Amazon.com they don't want to take responsibility, by the end I have to call my credit card company to deny the charged.

Don't shop on Woot.com it may bring you to some trouble you don't want.

1/26/14

Terrible customer service...I have a product I want to exchange or return, and they have not responded to my e-mail after a week. Buyer beware...

1/20/14

I ordered several items without an issue. But when I only received a partial shipment It was impossible to get any response from their customer service department.
After 3 weeks and several messages to them I'm disputing the charge with my credit card.

It's just not worth the hassle. In the future I'm not going to bother with them.

1/15/14

Woot is great if you don't. Have any problems. However the moment you do not receive the products you order they just about completely ignore you and your loss. These WOOTHOLES. don't. Care if you don't get your products and don't. Even offer you a refund. The best way to fight these WOOTHOLES IS TO DISPUTE THE CHARGES ON YOUR CREDIT CARD TO YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY.

1/15/14

The customer service at WOOT.com is worse than bad. I received defective goods so I filed a ticket with them. The automated response said it could take up to a week to get a response. A week? what is this, 1993?
I did not hear back in a week, so I pinged them again. Another automated response saying it could be up to a week. Another week went by with nothing.
I pinged them again and finally after 19 days I got a response. It said I should contact P&F to get a replacement. WTF is P&F? I looked it up and it was Pepperl+Fuchs, a company I had not heard of. I dug into this matter on my own, with NO help from WOOT and managed to get it taken care of.
I will never buy from these monkeys again.
WOOT sells products at a discount but does not have the customer service to back up anything they do.
I do not recommend anyone buy from them, ever!

1/15/14

This company has good pricing, but terrible customer service. Even if you receive a product that is defective, it is unlikely you will get any help from them. I bought a product that was defective. By the time I had a chance to use it and then let them know about it they took two weeks tog et back to me only to tell me you have to return defective products within 21 days. I consider them to be a dishonest web site.

1/11/14

Product came, but definitely not first quality Ralph Lauren t-shirts. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for, and I did. Never again will I use this site. I will stick with Amazon and Groupon who stand behind their products

1/8/14

I have placed several orders on woot and most came fine and was pleased with the purchases. However before christmas I ordered several gifts that never showed up. I have sent several emails and they do not respond. They will gladly take your money but do not expect any customer service at all. As soon as you place your order you are on your own ....period!! No phone number to talk to anyone and they have no problem ignoring emails. I think all you can do is report your problems too the TX attorney general if you have complaints.

1/6/14

In theory, I love Woot. They have amazing deals and an overall awesome site. I have ordered many items from this site, and until recently, I never had the need to use customer service. This was mainly because I bought a can opener and some shirts on there. Recently, I bought a shelf unit stereo and a laptop, and both had major issues. The laptop did not have a battery or a cord, and the stereo arrived broken. I contacted the customer service department (which is not only really hard to find, but you can only contact them by email), and never heard anything back. I am pretty sure that most of the stuff they sell is just drop shipped from some location, and that they have no way of really resolving any issues at all. The company itself is nearly impossible to get in contact with. I have also had an issue with the shipping speed from this site, and I even had one item take five weeks to ship. Spend your money elsewhere.

1/2/14

I have ordered MANY times from this site. I am always super happy with pricing, quality, swiftness, and customer service.
Excellent!

1/2/14

Have made a number of purchases from Woot.com and most went well. However, at the first sign of a problem, they let me down. I'll just echo all of the poor customer service comments. If you have a problem, forget it. Nobody home. You're on your own.

12/31/13

There are great deals on this site. I signed up for their emails, so I can jump on the deals before they sell out (yes, they usually sell out quickly). I got a refurbished roomba for half the price of a new one, and years later it still works great. Shipping is fast too.

12/27/13

I have bought several tems through WOOT and have had nothing but great service. These items shipped fast and always the correct item arrives. I have bought 3 HP touchpads, shower heads and a Dysan all differant orders and always delivered on time and wthout any problems. Great deals!

12/25/13

I expected Woot to be a good opportunity to find deals. I participate in Groupon and Amazon daily and purchase regularly. The first item I purchased from Woot, a Pyle waterproof neckband MP3 player, was defective and when I requested a return, they first didn't respond for over a week. later, they directed me to the manufacturer under their warranty program. The last thing I need in my life is more complication so I cancelled Woot.

12/23/13

Ordered 3 items, paid extra for overnight shipping. They sent one item. Customer service is non existent, on the second week of clarifying what I ordered from them (do they not have a copy of my order????) This is only done via e-mail, and every time you respond to one of their questions they assign yet another case number.

If it wasn't the Christmas season, the order delay might be somewhat bearable. However, when you f*ck up Christmas and make it clear you don't care about your customers, you really don't deserve to stay in business.

12/12/13

They have zero customer service or customer support. Sometimes they send the wrong item, sometimes they send nothing. You will not get a response from them and you will not get a refund.

12/12/13

I ordered a package in Sept. Never got it. I've tried contacting them via their support page a minimum of 5 times with no response. Worst customer service ever!

12/12/13

I have got a few things from them with no problem. Well no more. Last item came damaged. IMPOSSIBLE to get a response from Woot. No phone to call, only email. Just want a refund, the item is only $4!!! You would think no problem. 4 emails to them with no response. Stay away, I'm just glad it was not a high dollar item I bought.

12/10/13

I should have really read all the negative reviews before buying at Woot, i am an Amazon prime member and do 95% of my shopping on amazon, so trusted them as woot was their company...BIG MISTAKE... second purchase...UPS posted tracking as delivered...(sometimes they mess up) and with Amazon they always investigate and ship replacement.... not with woot... they simply told me to call UPS... UPS simply ignored me as i cant even send e mail there without a customer number that woot never supplied and calling UPS is a nightmare by itself. So Woot has no customer service and you rely on a 50/50 chance to get your stuff.

12/4/13

I think that many of the 5 star reviews must be from employees of Woot because that's the only way most of the reviews would ever give this company 5 stars . Worse customer service on the internet. Took forever to ship out my purchase and I emailed them several times about the delay, they promised they would get back to me in 24 hours but never did. I would recommend a company that actually wants return customers.

12/3/13

Stay Away. I ordered a nexus 10 tablet from this website. Order was confirmed. Waited for 5 days but did not see the product shipped. Logged into woot to check my purchase history, I saw the message "You have not made any purchases yet" message. WTF?? There is no phone number to contact them, so I emailed them. No Response. Now I lost the window to make another Black Friday purchase as these $#*!s confirmed my purchase :-(

12/3/13

Great site- I've ordered many times from them over the past year or so with no issues at all. Always a quick delivery, and they have a no hassle return policy.

12/1/13

Purchased 2 items at different times. Credit card approved, buy on web site confirmed. Did not receive product on the 2 occasions. Contacted support and received a 'humorous' we're sorry report about screw up. Will never buy from them again. Fraud.

Apprentice Reviewer
11/29/13

Love the design look and feel of the website. They can improve though the way that the website should work.

11/22/13

I have bought several items prior to this purchase with no problem. I have contacted support and they have not gotten back to me. I purchased 2 tablets advertised as NEW. When I received them, both boxes were not sealed or wrapped. This is not a NEW product! Trying to return them but no one gets back to me. I am going to ship them back to Carrolton and see what happens.

11/21/13

THIS COMPANY IS AT T OTAL SCAM NO CUSTOMER PHONE NUMBER . I SENT OVER 40 YES....40 E-MAILS STATING I NEVER RECIEVED NY BEATS HEADPHONES THEY CHARGED MY CARD AND WILL NOT ANSWER ANY E-MAILS FINALLY CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY WITH A CHARGE BACK WHAT A RIP-OFF STAY AWAY STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/21/13

Bad experience with this company. Customer service was terrible. Plenty of better alternatives out there.

11/19/13

We ordered a rain barrel on 11/3. It's 11/19 and it hasn't arrived so I tried to track the package. The tracking number Woot provided is WRONG. I tried on line and automated for FedEx - nothing in system. So I called FedEx and they have NOTHING shipped from Woot.

I also realized that, even though I changed our address and it's listed as the default address, Woot used our old address to ship the product -- well, they SAID they did. According to FedEx they haven't shipped it yet...

And while researching this, I realized that we ordered a t-shirt for my husband around Christmas last year and NEVER RECEIVED IT!

I'm DONE. This isn't worth the hassle!!

11/11/13

Really good deals and discounts here if you're looking to save some money. Great customer service puts them ahead of the rest as well.

11/7/13

I purchased a tablet from here, but it broken after a couple of days. I asked for refund, probably sent email more than 5 times, but they never respond me back.
since it was expensive stuff, I file with BBB, and right after that, they contact me and was able to return the tablet.
I recently bought a golf related item for my husband, but he didn't like it. I sent email 3 times so far for return, but they never respond my email. since it was only $10, I gave up and decide to forget about it.
so DO NOT BUY ANYTHING EXPENSIVE STUFF THERE!!!
only buy something less risky, and spend money that you don't mind to loose.

11/5/13

Do not order from this site. If you receive a damaged product there is no way for you to get a refund/replacement. They will simply ignore your emails.

Do yourself a favor and order from Amazon.com.

11/2/13

The only thing that comes to mind about Woot is poor broken junk they sell and try to tell you its new well guess what it is junk. My sound bar was shipped broken and it was sad to deal with them. No more for me buying from them. Beware they are crooks.

11/2/13

I was able to generate almost $1500 by strategically gunning for WOOT deals and then selling them locally on craigslist. It took a while and a lot of work, but I had some fun especially with the robotic dogs :)

9/28/13

I used to love Woot, and have certainly bought a lot of things there, but recently I've noticed items with minor discounts compared to retail, often less than the $5.00 shipping fee (like the bird feeder I almost bought today).
Still some good bargains, but pay attention!

9/26/13

Good prices and, if everything is delivered in one piece, you come up with a great deal. But heaven forbid you get something delivered damaged. I ordered a small flatscreen TV and it came to me just fine. I then ordered a 40" to replace and older TV in another room and it was delivered with large gashes and chunks missing. I was at that point not upset at Woot - it was FedEx's mishandling that caused the problem and I immediately called for the truck to pick up the damaged goods and sent Woot the tracking number for the return. I expected a fairly quick refund and planned to go and get another TV from them, Instead, it's been a week since the TV left and still no refund. I will never use woot again.

9/24/13

We like woot very much. We would only wish that they would have a normal return policy. This is the only thing, which stops buying from them more often...

9/16/13

I am impressed with Woot's sites right now, they have great support and customer service.really like thier products and outstanding customer service.

9/15/13

I strongly recommend that others not buy from this company. I bought an Asus TF300 tablet from woot.com but received it damaged beyond use. Woot said go to Asus; Asus said go to Woot, Woot said it couldn't ship me another. In all, I will be without the use of a tablet or my money for about three weeks. That is, it will take woot.com three weeks not to do what it said it would do in the first place. Why take the risk? Instead, buy from a company that cares about you as a customer. This company will not even talk to its customers. How can someone pull customer satisfaction out of that. Amazon does, but it does what it says it will do. Woot does not do what it says it will do. I'm giving this company one star only because I have to give it something to post my experience. Ignore that single star. See a zero stars instead. Don't make my mistake; don't buy from this company.

About Woot