US Government's NSF

VehicleHistoryRecord reviews

110 Reviews for VehicleHistoryRecord

▼ Sort by: recent

3/5/14

Not too happy with the original handling. I had to go through a long process of filling a whole bunch of information ... that was NOT really REQUIRED. The first item of information I supplied was the VIN. There was NO NEED to ask for any other details conssidering that a simple check of your records would have come up with the answer Juliana gave me: THAT "VIN" IS NOT IN PUR DATABASE,

2/22/14

I paid for the service and never got the report , I talk to them on chat and they said they would send it to me but end result . I never got my car fax report on the car I was looking at . this web site is to good to be true

2/19/14

Very helpful staff. I am sold on it. I will be back here whenever I need to check the history of a car.

2/19/14

AFTER RECEIVING MY REPORT SEVERAL PEOPLE FOLLOWED UP WITH ME AND HANDLED MY CONCERNS PROFESSIONALLY THEY WERE THERE FOR A LIVE CHAT AND HANDLED MY CONCERNS PROMTLY THANK GOODNESS I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO MY FRIENDS

2/13/14

Not good. Your report showed a wrecked motorhome, but the report you gave
did not give any report of it being wrecked.

2/10/14

The first report, I got for $1 - and still had to go thru their chat to get it. The second, I was overcharged for, got 1/10th of the information, and had to pester them for 45 minutes on chat just to get it. Suggest great care in using this website.

2/6/14

In my opinion this service performs a nicely decorated "con job." I searched for a service that would give me information on any recalls for my motor coach and whether they have been completed. This site was at the top of the list so I chose it. They didn't tell me anything about any recalls. If you are looking for any information like this I suggest you go elsewhere. Since I visited this site I have now found a site that does list the recalls and there are 6 of them, but this particular site did not have a clue. If you are looking for reliable information, you should probably look elsewhere.

2/6/14

It's really been a pleasure in getting served by the team. I am very happy with the responses from the team.

1/13/14

I don't understand ! ! ! ! I never got my Amazon Gift Card ! Is all this for nothing? A Big Fat SCAM? More than 2 times I have been told I would get it and still nothing ! So????? Where is it? I certainly have been patient enough and I certainly have been PUT OF long enough ass well I deserve more than a low end card amount ! I'd raise it if I were you for the crap I keep putting up with you people !

1/10/14

UPDATE (1/10/14): If you are filling this out to get a gift card, you are wasting your time. Over two months and I haven't received anything in the mail, nor heard anything else from VehicleHistoryReport. Do NOT leave them a response.

ORIGINAL POST (11/1/13):
I found this via google on the sponsored ads at the top. I read "free" however to get a full report it costs $1, plus if you want extra data it costs another $1.
So I feel the "FREE" was out of proportion to what people actually want, yet I was happy to pay only $2 in comparison to what CarFax charges ($40+).

I had completed this review in exchange for an amazon gift card. They are currently asking for my name and personal address, I'll keep you posted with any updates.

1/8/14

This guy will charge your credit card 14.95 every time you look at your report you paid for the first time. My first report was complete, but when I went back to the site to verify something, I got billed again. Big Rip.

1/4/14

I ordered a vehicle report and following the payment information, was not able to access the information. The site timed out on my sign-in on seven separate occasions. Each time I attempted to access the report I paid for, I was redirected to a screen that stated my report was complete, but would be ready to view in less than five minutes...even up to thirty minutes after my initial order. I contacted the online representative and was immediately asked for my name and the VIN of the vehicle I was investigating. I was re-directed to the Customer Service Specialist, Andrew Thompson - who sent the report to me via email as a pdf attachment.

Overall, I am (just barely) satisfied with the product. However, the process is broken, and results I can get instantly on another website took over 30 minutes of my time. This company needs to invest in a more efficient system if they intend to keep a satisfied customer and client base.

12/30/13

They set you up to have all info and give you nothing!!!! Just when the car was registered. It took several tries to get that!!!!!

12/29/13

I thought it was good to find a "relatively" free vehicle report online. I ended up paying a total of $2.90. Unfortunately there were so many breaks in the timeline of records included in my report. My state requires annual vehicle emissions testing and for this vehicle there is only a record for the year the vehicle entered our state and in the following 7 years no other reports showed on the report, which I found odd and kind of made me doubt the completeness of the findings. But, for $2.90, I have no complaint. It was basically good for the money. Thanks for offering this service for those on a shoe string budget Andy!

12/25/13

This sucks! Three requests sent and I got (3) PDFs that told me only that I owned a certain make and year car and that's it!

12/25/13

In the beginning it gives you the option to check to find who ownes a vechicle. This was the whole reason I went through tjis process, and spent money. In the end it will not give out this type of information. Waste of my time.

12/23/13

It he information provided was complete, but I was unable to find the dealer with the information provided...I hope your search is better.

12/21/13

took over an hour for detailed title search report and did not identify lien holders name or operators name as I expected. when I went back to the site to check of what is reported, it showed "1 report only $0.19 for the rest of the year". I find that odd as only 2 hours earlier, the fee was a $1.00.
Gary Rosen, landlights@gmail.com

12/21/13

This site is a fraud. They claim to charge $1 per report, but then a charge of $18.95 will show up on your account. The entry will be for a charge called: CARHISTORY.US.ORG 8554826465 DE

12/21/13

Lets Add another person who has been scammed to the list. Like most of the other negative users have stated i was promised a report for 1$ and was charged 18.95, i was told that my "account" which i didn't even set up has been closed and i will be issued a full refund. seriously doubt that will happen and that's why ill be going to the bank on Monday morning to dispute these unfair charges. Report was vague and really offered moot information on vehicle.

12/21/13

Purchased a vehicle report and at first had trouble accessing it. Site staff helped - site had the information I was seeking (or the missing information, as it turned out). Format of report is very readable.

12/20/13

There was a problem getting my report and all you can do is chat with someone and all it is, is a computer talking back to you. I had to keep going back in because I wasn't getting my report and got someone different every time.

12/14/13

In order to get your report you have to contact a rep, and then the rep has to contact a manager, and then the manager emails you the report. The report is quite limited, only gives you registrations dates and locations.

12/6/13

I noticed information on here that the dealer did not report so i was very happy to have done this, you can't beat the price let me retract this, they charged me 14.95 when it should have beeen 1.00 trying to find out why as we speak...While I do appreciate the information I do not appreciate the extra charge when I did not sign up for naything and they stated that I did hummmm. I believe I will get a refund in 5-7 days we certainly hope so.

12/5/13

Very informative in regard to my questions about a car. Don't want to be charged any monthly fees for this service as this was a one-time check.

12/4/13

I am not satisfied with this site!!! I asked a question only to be given a lame response. I will not advise anyone to use this site.
If I could leave a rating less than one star I would do so.

12/4/13

Terrible, charged me twice for an amount I didn't ok.
What a terrible website. The report didn't tell me anything I didn't know.........

12/4/13

This company stated there was not enough money in my account for this transaction which was for vehicle history.

When I checked my bank they had taken it out. I spoke with Brian Thompson and he quickly remidied this and sent it out to me which was good customer service.

I was disappointed about the report in general because it only provided info about the title and registation dates. Nothing about previous owner information which is what I really needed. I was hoping to speak to the former owners of the car about what type of maintanence was done on the vehicle in the past.

I guess that IT I'm not privy to that type of info.

12/4/13

You can't give me the information that I need and you advertise $1.00 and charge $14.99. I do believe I got $#*!ed on this one. I will never use your services again.

12/4/13

Their info says the vehicle is an automatic...it isn't.

Owner History would imply who the "owners" have been, usually an individual or entity. It shows only what Carfax would show without "Owners" at all.

Truly underwhelming, save your $.

12/3/13

You have to jump through dozens of hoops to get any kind of information. Requested a value on a vehicle; submitted all kinds of information; provided my life history; had to rate the website before I even got any results; paid for the information; but before I got the info they asked yet another question and when I answered it, the site brought me back to square one.
Never did get my report even though I paid for it.
Now I'm being asked to rate the site again before I can get any further.
Talk about jumping through hoops.
This is totally ridiculous. Don't waste your time.

12/3/13

They have awful customer service. I purchased a Carfax report on my car and they refused to email me a full copy of my report after multiple attempts. Never again!

12/3/13

After the first submission through their (awful) website, it became unusable - useless.

I did get the vehicle data I requested that day although massively buried within advertising and after navigating through some slightly misleading promotions to get me to sign up for an annual package or some other deal. But that's OK, it was only a buck, right? I was promised a $20 Amazon gift card for writing a review: I wrote a positive -- albeit glowing! -- review but I never got my promised reward.

The second day, after logging in with my new account, entering the VIN and waiting, I was told I had no credits. There was no obvious way to add credits or to charge to the card I had used the previous day (or any other card for that matter). I logged out.

Starting afresh, I entered the VIN at the main page, entered all my information including the card number(s) and was informed that I already had an account with that card and to enter my password. There was nowhere to enter the password but a link was provided with the promise of an email. I clicked that but never received anything.

I tried calling for help and was put on hold for ages. I gave up. I used the chat facility on the web but, despite giving a detailed explanation of my exact problem was (finally) sent over to a 'manager' who wrote me an email containing a partial list of the information I would've requested, had I been able. That's NOT what I wanted. I wanted to be able to use the damned website!

Considering the amount of time and frustration typing in personal information, CC numbers, VIN numbers, typing in explanations, awaiting responses - this is an exercise in abject frustration and I would recommend rather paying CarFax or whomever: remember, you get what you pay for. I paid a buck and that's about all I'd say it was worth.

12/2/13

I just accept a payment of $1 and ended with $14.95 !! and there is absolutely no way to verify the infos

12/2/13

I spent two hours trying to get my report. I had to go through live chat, then got email from person working, that did not work, then went through live chat and got the manager who sent me part of the report I paid for. If it always take this long for a report why bother. Go to CarFax, they will get the job done even if it costs more. You get what you pay for.

12/1/13

This site does not have any information...The review came up clean with no info. This smells very fishy....Then they ask for a review to get a $20 gift card from amazon at the end. Obviously they cannot give a $20 gift card when only charging $1 for the report.

12/1/13

Very easy to use. Inexpensive way to find out about your car. Customer service people were fast to respond to my questions.

12/1/13

did not give me the all the service information i wanted, just when it changed hands. was not happy with my report but thats my opinion.

12/1/13

Fast response, got the same report just as good as the other company for less of a cost, I will recommend them to all I know when you need a report.
Great customer service. Thank god I did a yahoo search and found them.

11/30/13

1. I did not get the report in an email as promised.

2. Also I did not get the value of vehicle mentioned in the report as promised. When contacted customer support they replied they do not have record of my VIN#, which was strange as they printed the report of my vehicle in my browser using the same VIN#

11/30/13

I cannot log in to your PDF Document attachment sent to me yesterday by Brian Thomson--Customer Service. The attachemnt won't accept my login password. Please send me a new password. Thank you

Kalim U. Khan
Las Vegas, NV 89121
PH: 702-998-4345

11/29/13

I checked this website on 10/27, the site only mentioned a charge of $2.00 but then I was charged $14.95. I let it be (big mistake). The report was ok. I got my car. Now a month later I was charged again $14.95!! I texted Cody (my account manager) who mentioned Brian (his manager) will handle this issue personally. I got another text from Cody that my account was closed and to expect an email within 1 hour. Still waiting on the refund. Do not fall for the add!!! Big scam!!

11/26/13

Caveat Emptor If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it just might be a duck. If you hide prices and then try to trick people into paying for things they didn't buy; maybe you are a crook or maybe just not very ethical. Either way what you are doing is taking advantage of people and that is just WRONG!!!

11/26/13

STAY AWAY.....This company is deceitful at best. While you think you are paying $1 for a report you are actually signing up for a monthly charge of $14.95 for a year that gives you 25 reports per month. You have no idea you've done this because you don't even see any of it because it takes you half way down the next page. My report told me nothing at all......everything was reported as no problems. This is a scam and I raised holy heck with them and told them I'd better not see any charges other than $1; that I didn't sign up for anything. The fact that they DID close the account I didn't know I had, immediatly, is about the only positive thing I can say. To say the least, they kind of trick you and I don't do business with people like this.

11/25/13

Umm not too sure... first of all, was advertised as FREE that's kind of annoying& after entering info and waiting , of course Im going to pay the $1 real nice and they charge extra for stuff that is supposed to already be in the report, I don't care if it's only 19 cents that's sheisty. Then almost accidently signed up for the expensive membership package thing because its a little misleading.. again, nice geez. And finally didn't get too much info out of the report in fact suspiciously perfect hmmm. now im just worried if i'll get charged extra anyway after reading others reviews.... pretty much skip this "service"

11/24/13

Meh, not much more useful info than on Carfax. Don't fall for the premium service, not necessary for the everyday Joe...

11/24/13

Very generic info and no current mileage or owner info. Also stated it was free but ended up being a charge even though small.

11/24/13

Felt like I was just waiting for the scam part and then BAM it happened. Tried to trick you into accepting the "premium" service. Luckily I caught it and declined. Information provided was very generic and not 100% accurate. Lots of fluff but most was just items not found by their search. Search never turned up any accident insurance claims which is what I was searching for. Can't wait to see my credit card statement and if it is anything other than the dollar as promised I will be upset. Promised $20 gift card for completing this survey...we will see what happens with that.

11/24/13

Total waste of time the report told me nothing. I was checking on a vehicle I know is salvaged but report said no problem total lie. Stay away scam

11/22/13

SCAM! They advertise FREE, then hit you up for $1, and then charge your card $14.95. No receipt is sent. You won't know about the charge until it shows up on your credit card bill. There is effort to communicate, eg: "Contact me if you have any questions". However, this is to get you to contact them instead of contacting your credit card company. Chargebacks cost them money.

It's all very clever, and while I doubt anyone will go to jail, this won't last much longer. Go through the process, agree to give them the dollar they ask, and when they put unauthorized charges on your card, contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. They will soon lose their merchant account, and this will be done.

The Best Car Buying Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber