US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mattf21

This is the least expensive vehicle history report I could find. (in 153 reviews)

michaelw72

Very quick customer service responses to questions. (in 24 reviews)

walterm32

I received all the information pertaining the cars history an where abouts accident reports an etc. (in 130 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

brucem56
11/14/14

Once they have your CC# for the $1 trial they will stick it to you every month for $18.95!
DON'T DO IT!

Tip for consumers: Rip off, believe it or forget it ;)

mads86
10/2/14

I signed up to use this service on a one time basis, I now find that they have been billing my account on a scheduled basis for 18.95 a month for 10 months, the response from their customer service department is that their records indicated that I had signed up for a 12 month usage period. BOGUS!

yanns3
3/5/14

Not too happy with the original handling. I had to go through a long process of filling a whole bunch of information ... that was NOT really REQUIRED. The first item of information I supplied was the VIN. There was NO NEED to ask for any other details conssidering that a simple check of your records would have come up with the answer Juliana gave me: THAT "VIN" IS NOT IN PUR DATABASE,

briang31
3/1/14

I signed up for a $1.00 charge to get a vehicle history report on a vehicle I was purchasing.
The next day my account was charged $18.95.
You would think a web site with us.org in it would not use these tactics to fool people.
When you call the 855-482-6455 option 2 is all about people like me who were charged 18.95 when they thought they were being charged $1.00
I called the customer service number above and voiced my complaint and was told since my account was now cancelled there was nothing that could be done accept to send an email to manager@carhistory.us.org
The chat transscript is shown below: This was my initial contact withe this company via their chat online.
Concern : i may have used my wifes name debra grogan well I'm really pissed the web site charged one dollar not 18.95

[20:40:24] Sandra: Welcome to Customer Service Livechat. In order to pull up your account, could you please provide me the email address, full name and zip code you used to order our services?
[20:40:44] Visitor: btg317@gmail.com brian grogan 48328
[20:40:54] Sandra: Thank you for providing the information. Please wait while I check your order details in our system.
[20:40:55] Sandra: Ok, how may I assist you?
[20:40:57] Visitor: i may have used my wifes name debra grogan
[20:41:05] Visitor: well I'm really pissed
[20:41:21] Visitor: about the 18.95 unathorized charge
[20:41:46] Visitor: the web site charged one dollar not 18.95
[20:41:49] Sandra: When purchasing your report you signed up for the $18.95 payment plan mentioned on our website.
[20:41:50] Sandra: I have issued you a refund as I want to ensure you're satisfied with our service. Your refund is now on your credit card, depending on financial institution allow up to 5-7 business days for it to appear on your regular statement. Also, I have confirmed your account deactivation, please write down this number:
[20:41:51] Sandra: 724508
[20:41:51] Sandra: Thank you for contacting live chat, I’m glad we were able to resolve this for you today.
[20:42:36] Visitor: thanks but this is a joke I got nothing as far as history
[20:42:44] Visitor: really upset
[20:43:00] Visitor: tell Andy this is crap
[20:43:34] Visitor: all i had in my account was 1 dollar
[20:43:52] Visitor: i want andy to call me
[20:44:02] Sandra: I apologize for the inconvenience that may happened to you from our end.
[20:44:09] Sandra: When you signed up to get your report you clicked the box that enrolled you in our volume discount program which is $18.95 a month.
[20:44:08] Visitor: not good enough
[20:44:14] Visitor: no I did not\
[20:44:36] Sandra: I have issued you a refund as I want to ensure you're satisfied with our service.
[20:44:33] Visitor: please have Andy call me
[20:44:42] Visitor: how do I know that
[20:44:54] Visitor: what is my account was overdrafted
[20:45:04] Sandra: He is not available on phone you can contact him via email only.
[20:45:11] Visitor: what is his email please
[20:45:28] Sandra: His email address is andy@carhistory.us.org.
[20:45:47] Visitor: the whole intention of the site .org leads one to beleive that this type of freud would not occur
[20:45:58] Visitor: were talking class action lawsuit
[20:46:18] Sandra: I assure you we are a very legitimate company.
[20:46:56] Visitor: I beleive you but there is misleading information that is not unitentional
[20:47:06] Sandra: Would you like to have the report that you are looking for?
[20:47:18] Sandra: I assure you we are a very legitimate company.
[20:47:19] Visitor: I dont think the report had anything on it
[20:47:31] Sandra: May I please have the details you were searching and please provide me the information that your report is missing. As soon as you send me the details my manager Brian Thompson will immediately locate the information you require and email it to you within the next 30 minutes.
[20:48:54] Visitor: I'm looking for the VIN #
[20:49:00] Sandra: May I have the VIN # please ?
[20:51:35] Visitor: 3FADP4BJ6DM193693
[20:51:59] Sandra: Thank you for your patience, I have forwarded this to Brian and he will be in touch shortly.
[20:51:59] Sandra: Please contact me on chat if you do not receive what you are looking for, but I am sure Brian will get you exactly what you need. He is great.
[20:53:04] Visitor: I will contact you if I do not see the refund Sandra, thanks
[20:53:18] Sandra: Thank you very much for chatting with us today. We hope the rest of your day is an excellent one.
[20:53:18] Sandra: Please feel free to come back for any further assistance.
[20:53:26] Visitor: ok bye
[20:53:33] Sandra: Thanks for chatting. Have a great day.

I was told by the person I called on a Saturday 855-4826455 Nat to contact Jaruis on Monday

Very unhappy obviously with the trickery this company deploys to charge people 18.95

charlesr22
2/26/14

The service provided the report that I required to evaluate a vehicle purchase. Using this service saved me time and money, so I will use again.

walterm32
2/25/14

I received all the information pertaining the cars history an where abouts accident reports an etc. was very impressed an all very hepful

kathleenc12
2/25/14

I have emailed or chatted live with 3 different "levels" of staff members regarding a car history report. All were very helpful, gave me immediate responses, and answered all my questions. Will recommend this site to friends.

jacquelinec3
2/22/14

I paid for the service and never got the report , I talk to them on chat and they said they would send it to me but end result . I never got my car fax report on the car I was looking at . this web site is to good to be true

riazj
2/19/14

Very helpful staff. I am sold on it. I will be back here whenever I need to check the history of a car.

kimberlya9
2/19/14

AFTER RECEIVING MY REPORT SEVERAL PEOPLE FOLLOWED UP WITH ME AND HANDLED MY CONCERNS PROFESSIONALLY THEY WERE THERE FOR A LIVE CHAT AND HANDLED MY CONCERNS PROMTLY THANK GOODNESS I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO MY FRIENDS

lorettaw3
2/18/14

I believe they did a very good job. I was wanting more maintenance information but they did tell me where it came from and the mileage. There was alot of information listed but not quite everything I was looking for. Very helpful.

so2334
2/18/14

Excellent report, good value for price just a few hoops to jump through to get final report using the chat icon. However very satisfied. Would definitely use again.

cws2
2/18/14

Every when smooth but they said I was being charged a $1.00 and my credit card was charged $18.00, not good.

jimmyc36
2/15/14

Vehicle History Record produced fast accurate results at a reasonable cost. The information obtained helped me determine the honesty of the person selling the car in addition to finding out the history of the car I bought. The Andy Wright was quick to find answers to my questions. Brian Thompson, the Customer Service Specialist was especially helpful at digging for information to service my account. I am glad to recommend Vehicle History Record to my friends.

bradf193
2/13/14

This website provides all the information that others do at a fraction of the cost. They are quick concise and are willing to fill in the blanks if any exists I will always go here first when doing a VIN search. The service is 1st rate and the people are always professional and friendly

morrisb30
2/13/14

Not good. Your report showed a wrecked motorhome, but the report you gave
did not give any report of it being wrecked.

garys64
2/10/14

The first report, I got for $1 - and still had to go thru their chat to get it. The second, I was overcharged for, got 1/10th of the information, and had to pester them for 45 minutes on chat just to get it. Suggest great care in using this website.

asiaa
2/8/14

Had some info not dowloading...went on live chat...my issue was effectively resolved in a timely manner... very pleased

larryh35
2/6/14

In my opinion this service performs a nicely decorated "con job." I searched for a service that would give me information on any recalls for my motor coach and whether they have been completed. This site was at the top of the list so I chose it. They didn't tell me anything about any recalls. If you are looking for any information like this I suggest you go elsewhere. Since I visited this site I have now found a site that does list the recalls and there are 6 of them, but this particular site did not have a clue. If you are looking for reliable information, you should probably look elsewhere.

govindswaroopp
2/6/14

It's really been a pleasure in getting served by the team. I am very happy with the responses from the team.

michaelw72
2/5/14

Very quick customer service responses to questions. Handled my concerns with the utmost professionalism and resolved an issue that I had almost immediately. I have absolutely no complaints about the customer service. The manager, Brian Thompson and the customer service agent, Andy, were nothing but helpful throughout the process.

williamw45
2/3/14

I was able to find all of the information allowed by law and it was provided in a timely manner. I will use the service again.

michaeld77
2/3/14

I was unsure of this but I took a chance and WOW! Great report and very accurate.
I even forgot to print it out and Brian Thompson contacted me with a PDF of my report a day later.
I would recommend this site for anyone looking for a history report

cathyh5
2/3/14

I have never gotten so much information from a web site in my life.You guys are the best there is...Thanks Cathy

juliem48
1/31/14

Had a problem with information requested. Customer service was excellent and problem fixed in a short amount of time. Would recommend this site.

bobg40
1/31/14

A lot of information for a very low price. I would say about 80% of information that other sites that charge three four times as much. Simply can not go wrong with what they charge.

toddj9
1/29/14

For the price this CarHistory.us.org can't be beat. Just be sure you specify you wan't the odometer interval readings and/or service records (if that's what your looking for) as it is not included in the "basic" report for $1. Customer service quickly resolved that for me though, initially through chat to state my problem, then through e-mail to have it resolved and sent me what I needed within about 20 minutes. Would recommend to friends as this makes CarFax and AutoCheck look like con jobs at $30-$40 a pop.

cathlinea
1/28/14

This site is well worth using for vehicle searches. I found out a lot of information for a limited amount of money. Gives those other VIN searches a run for the money.

ibrahimj1
1/27/14

thank you a lot for you services and your information but i was apriciated you much more if you tell me before about the report price ( you said just 1$)

sharonk19
1/27/14

I ordered report - it didn't roll up on my computer, but Brian pulled the report and emailed it to me. I was happy with his support.

pennyc9
1/17/14

I was scared to do this afraid it might be a rip off. Everyone was so helpful and I recommend it 110%.

Thanks, PC in Georgia

catherineo3
1/13/14

I don't understand ! ! ! ! I never got my Amazon Gift Card ! Is all this for nothing? A Big Fat SCAM? More than 2 times I have been told I would get it and still nothing ! So????? Where is it? I certainly have been patient enough and I certainly have been PUT OF long enough ass well I deserve more than a low end card amount ! I'd raise it if I were you for the crap I keep putting up with you people !

jerryc40
1/10/14

Great website. I was provided with detailed information in a short time, for a fraction of the amount the so called "free Carfax" type sites claim to provide.

I highly reccomend vehiclehistory.com to anyone purchasing a used car.

davide37
1/10/14

UPDATE (1/10/14): If you are filling this out to get a gift card, you are wasting your time. Over two months and I haven't received anything in the mail, nor heard anything else from VehicleHistoryReport. Do NOT leave them a response.

ORIGINAL POST (11/1/13):
I found this via google on the sponsored ads at the top. I read "free" however to get a full report it costs $1, plus if you want extra data it costs another $1.
So I feel the "FREE" was out of proportion to what people actually want, yet I was happy to pay only $2 in comparison to what CarFax charges ($40+).

I had completed this review in exchange for an amazon gift card. They are currently asking for my name and personal address, I'll keep you posted with any updates.

jamesg67
1/8/14

This guy will charge your credit card 14.95 every time you look at your report you paid for the first time. My first report was complete, but when I went back to the site to verify something, I got billed again. Big Rip.

robertm124
1/6/14

This site did everything it said it would. The phone # was accessible the people friendly. I got the info I needed quickly.

arthurh29
1/5/14

My only question remains, was the Vehicle VIN# 5NPEC4AC9DH784698 shipped to more than one Dealer? and where?

johnt152
1/4/14

the agent sent a very good report it was better than the one I got from the dealer I think it was very accurate thank you very much and he got back to me very quickly

rhondab13
1/4/14

I ordered a vehicle report and following the payment information, was not able to access the information. The site timed out on my sign-in on seven separate occasions. Each time I attempted to access the report I paid for, I was redirected to a screen that stated my report was complete, but would be ready to view in less than five minutes...even up to thirty minutes after my initial order. I contacted the online representative and was immediately asked for my name and the VIN of the vehicle I was investigating. I was re-directed to the Customer Service Specialist, Andrew Thompson - who sent the report to me via email as a pdf attachment.

Overall, I am (just barely) satisfied with the product. However, the process is broken, and results I can get instantly on another website took over 30 minutes of my time. This company needs to invest in a more efficient system if they intend to keep a satisfied customer and client base.

henrys26
1/4/14

I greatly appreciate your immediate response to my small dilemma, and the amount of information was helpful but what happened to the year 2013. Henry

kennethc24
1/3/14

I am very pleased with my experience on this website. They got all the information I needed at a very fair price

tonyaf4
1/2/14

I had a problem with my pc and didn't receive my report at first but customer service was right on it and sent it to my email almost immediately. I'm very grateful to find out the car that I was looking to buy has been in multiple accidents. Thank you not only will I use this again I will recommend to all my friends.

michaelg74
1/2/14

Very informitive report,very helpful live chat,but still didn't learn current owners name or address,not the fault of this site tho.Thank You

harryt18
1/1/14

The requested information was complete but the site user interface was a bit confusing. Response from the help desk quite timely, efficient and helpful.

michellec40
12/31/13

I had a little problem, Got to talk with someone on a chat, they got in touch with management in impecible timing and solved my problem asap. Thank you so much!

petern17
12/31/13

Very good report. A little slow - it did not come as promised immediately so I contacted them by chat and they sent it by email immediately. Note that though they say it is attached it is not - it is a link so look for that in the email if this happens to you.

munshii
12/30/13

Very Helpful site. I was going to buy a used car. I used the VIN# to check various records about the car and for $1 it gave me pretty good detail history about the car. Excellent!!! For more detailed history it may ask you more money, but if you don't want that you don't have to pay extra.

dennisn6
12/30/13

They set you up to have all info and give you nothing!!!! Just when the car was registered. It took several tries to get that!!!!!

karenu1
12/29/13

I thought it was good to find a "relatively" free vehicle report online. I ended up paying a total of $2.90. Unfortunately there were so many breaks in the timeline of records included in my report. My state requires annual vehicle emissions testing and for this vehicle there is only a record for the year the vehicle entered our state and in the following 7 years no other reports showed on the report, which I found odd and kind of made me doubt the completeness of the findings. But, for $2.90, I have no complaint. It was basically good for the money. Thanks for offering this service for those on a shoe string budget Andy!

curtisc14
12/29/13

TOOK A LITTLE LONGER THE FIRST ATTEMPT TO GET WHAT I NEEDED BUT AFTER TALKING LIVE CHAT,REALLY GOT THINGS GOING IN A HURRY.VERY EASY TO DEAL WITH,GOT WHAT I NEEDED.GOOD JOB.........................