US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

michaelw72

Very quick customer service responses to questions. (in 31 reviews)

mattf21

This is the least expensive vehicle history report I could find. (in 197 reviews)

nancieg

Great site, easy to use, all the info you could want and VERY reasonably priced! (in 16 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

wem2
3/6/16

I have not yet seen it.

beckid1
3/6/16

I would have given it a 5 star rating, but when I asked for my report to be emailed to me I never received it. I had to input my information several times and I still have not received my report. Other than that it is a Fantastic site and very accurate. Thank you

deannah12
3/5/16

The information that they provide here is absolutely invaluable! What a great way to find out about a future vehicle before actually buying one. I highly recommend using this website before even going to shop for a vehicle.

taniao1
3/3/16

They helped me realize that this car that I saw online was not for me by providing me with a free report when I don't want to spend on Carfax. This website is easy and great for people like me who just want to shop for a car online but don't want to spend a small fortune to pay for information that you may or may never us

jimp82
3/3/16

I got a report and it was free.

jaylaa
3/2/16

Gave me great info on a car I w a break to buy

julianw29
2/18/16

I recently bought a car and was looking to see what maintainance was done on the car. With vehiclehistory.com I was able to find that and more about the history of my vehicle. The best part about it was that it was free. I would definitely recommend this site to anyone searching the car market.

dougk19
2/16/16

Used Vehiclehistoryrecord to help me sell one of my cars. They gave a very thorough report that made both me and the buyer feel at ease. Highly recommended!

johannes106
2/16/16

Like this website because it was easy to do and quick. Didnt ask for my credit card number or nothing. Other websites just were horrible this one is best

jayf31
2/16/16

very good ..i bought car and report explained everything

jordang27

Helped me out a lot

joshb83
2/15/16

Quick and easy vin lookup and it's nice using a site that is ACTUALLY free!

altheaw4
2/15/16

I searched for a vehicle I have currently in my possession that is being sold. Every result that was found was amazingly accurate. The one time fee is not bad for just a single report. I have told friends about vehicle history for their piece of mind as well as the ability to check on vehicles they tend to purchase.

brandye3
2/14/16

It was a little slow to get started but things sped up and I got to see why I didn't want to purchase the cars that I was looking at. Thanks to the vehicle history record I probably save some money and heartache.

donaldc45

All information I expected

jenniferp93
2/14/16

Great to find your site, the only true free online report. No gimmicks and I loved it! Thanks so much!

andyd33
2/14/16

I got all the information I needed from this website. Better than all the pay sites and its free. I will be visiting this again, bookmarked.

gerardl30
2/14/16

The process on getting your car's information is awesome and fast. It is very detailed and accurate. The customer service was prompt and courteous. I will keep using this for future car proof. Thanks!

prasannac
2/14/16

It is more than enough information you can get it for free.
I will try to suggest My friends to use this website.

belindaa9
2/14/16

It told me everything I wanted to know and the best part...IT'S FREE!!!! I will definitely be recommending this site to my friends!!!!!

kirkm27
2/14/16

It was easy to follow. Easy to use. Would use it again.

iana22
2/14/16

This site us very comprehensive yet simple to use. The customer service is exceptional plus the results are very un depth. Great everyway around!

sophiah17
2/14/16

It was a,good experience, it was quick & very accurate,easy to use & understand, also I would definitely recommend it to my friends & everyone to use

edwinp19
2/14/16

Very helpful and useful tool again for vehicle purchase highly recommend it t all.

bernardl20
2/14/16

Found this site, gave me tons of info milage was very accurate glad to see all the different reports and info they gave me about my jeep, dont pay $30 to car fax start here and get it free.

danielleo7
2/14/16

It was nice to get a free report with so much information. Quick and painless. Definitely worth your time.

hanahg
2/13/16

I couldn't imagine paying $35.99 for one Carfax.
With this site, I was able to just enter my vin and the report was done. For free. No hidden charges.

estephaniac
2/13/16

It was fast and easy and absolutely free.

suriyyam

Great, thanks

toniom
2/12/16

Excellent service I buy cars every week and would like to use your company service

chadl24
2/12/16

This provided quit a bit of detail and was easy to use , it didn't take very to get results

philm39
2/12/16

My 20 year old son is shopping for his first car, and we thought we found an ideal candidate at a small car lot about 65 miles from our home. Before driving that far, I thought I would check on the car's history. After pulling up a report from VehicleHistory.com, I was shocked to find out this very clean looking "used car" actually had been tagged with a Salvage Title back in late 2011, and then a Rebuilt Title in early 2012. I don't even think I'd like my son to test drive this big fat Question Mark!! THANK YOU VehicleHistory.com!!!!

ds145
2/11/16

In all honesty I thought this would be fake for sure as it is similar to those background check websites that do the search for you give you little bits of information and then at the very end right before the full report Is shown want some kind of money or monthly subscription. I was wrong though and it turned out great

markm234
2/11/16

Karmen Jones was extremely helpful with my VIN search. Follow up emails to make sure I was satisfied, and responses were immediate. What a pro! Much appreciated.

kimberlya22
2/11/16

I surfed many sites today and landed on this site. It was exactly what I needed and wanted. Not only did the entire report have all the information that I needed but it had even more information that I did not know was available. Thank you so much.

jedt8
2/11/16

The information provided was useful

antonioz1
2/11/16

Site worked amazingly. Got my information in a fast and timely manner.

mattf41
2/11/16

Wow! Superb customer service. I had a little trouble with the website experience, but their customer service was prompt, helpful and went above and beyond my expectations. I'll be using this site again.

peterk83
2/11/16

The information provided by their services saved me potentially thousands of dollars.

melg10
6/8/15

A comprehensive report, but some items were inaccurate. The Trim Level as reported on my car was incorrect along with some other technical info.

Overall, a decent report.

brucem56
11/14/14

Once they have your CC# for the $1 trial they will stick it to you every month for $18.95!
DON'T DO IT!

Tip for consumers: Rip off, believe it or forget it ;)

mads86
10/2/14

I signed up to use this service on a one time basis, I now find that they have been billing my account on a scheduled basis for 18.95 a month for 10 months, the response from their customer service department is that their records indicated that I had signed up for a 12 month usage period. BOGUS!

garryj4
3/8/14

It is a great and affordable site. Thank you Brian Thompson for all of your help.

yanns3
3/5/14

Not too happy with the original handling. I had to go through a long process of filling a whole bunch of information ... that was NOT really REQUIRED. The first item of information I supplied was the VIN. There was NO NEED to ask for any other details conssidering that a simple check of your records would have come up with the answer Juliana gave me: THAT "VIN" IS NOT IN PUR DATABASE,

briang31
3/1/14

I signed up for a $1.00 charge to get a vehicle history report on a vehicle I was purchasing.
The next day my account was charged $18.95.
You would think a web site with us.org in it would not use these tactics to fool people.
When you call the 855-482-6455 option 2 is all about people like me who were charged 18.95 when they thought they were being charged $1.00
I called the customer service number above and voiced my complaint and was told since my account was now cancelled there was nothing that could be done accept to send an email to manager@carhistory.us.org
The chat transscript is shown below: This was my initial contact withe this company via their chat online.
Concern : i may have used my wifes name debra grogan well I'm really pissed the web site charged one dollar not 18.95

[20:40:24] Sandra: Welcome to Customer Service Livechat. In order to pull up your account, could you please provide me the email address, full name and zip code you used to order our services?
[20:40:44] Visitor: btg317@gmail.com brian grogan 48328
[20:40:54] Sandra: Thank you for providing the information. Please wait while I check your order details in our system.
[20:40:55] Sandra: Ok, how may I assist you?
[20:40:57] Visitor: i may have used my wifes name debra grogan
[20:41:05] Visitor: well I'm really pissed
[20:41:21] Visitor: about the 18.95 unathorized charge
[20:41:46] Visitor: the web site charged one dollar not 18.95
[20:41:49] Sandra: When purchasing your report you signed up for the $18.95 payment plan mentioned on our website.
[20:41:50] Sandra: I have issued you a refund as I want to ensure you're satisfied with our service. Your refund is now on your credit card, depending on financial institution allow up to 5-7 business days for it to appear on your regular statement. Also, I have confirmed your account deactivation, please write down this number:
[20:41:51] Sandra: 724508
[20:41:51] Sandra: Thank you for contacting live chat, I’m glad we were able to resolve this for you today.
[20:42:36] Visitor: thanks but this is a joke I got nothing as far as history
[20:42:44] Visitor: really upset
[20:43:00] Visitor: tell Andy this is crap
[20:43:34] Visitor: all i had in my account was 1 dollar
[20:43:52] Visitor: i want andy to call me
[20:44:02] Sandra: I apologize for the inconvenience that may happened to you from our end.
[20:44:09] Sandra: When you signed up to get your report you clicked the box that enrolled you in our volume discount program which is $18.95 a month.
[20:44:08] Visitor: not good enough
[20:44:14] Visitor: no I did not\
[20:44:36] Sandra: I have issued you a refund as I want to ensure you're satisfied with our service.
[20:44:33] Visitor: please have Andy call me
[20:44:42] Visitor: how do I know that
[20:44:54] Visitor: what is my account was overdrafted
[20:45:04] Sandra: He is not available on phone you can contact him via email only.
[20:45:11] Visitor: what is his email please
[20:45:28] Sandra: His email address is andy@carhistory.us.org.
[20:45:47] Visitor: the whole intention of the site .org leads one to beleive that this type of freud would not occur
[20:45:58] Visitor: were talking class action lawsuit
[20:46:18] Sandra: I assure you we are a very legitimate company.
[20:46:56] Visitor: I beleive you but there is misleading information that is not unitentional
[20:47:06] Sandra: Would you like to have the report that you are looking for?
[20:47:18] Sandra: I assure you we are a very legitimate company.
[20:47:19] Visitor: I dont think the report had anything on it
[20:47:31] Sandra: May I please have the details you were searching and please provide me the information that your report is missing. As soon as you send me the details my manager Brian Thompson will immediately locate the information you require and email it to you within the next 30 minutes.
[20:48:54] Visitor: I'm looking for the VIN #
[20:49:00] Sandra: May I have the VIN # please ?
[20:51:35] Visitor: 3FADP4BJ6DM193693
[20:51:59] Sandra: Thank you for your patience, I have forwarded this to Brian and he will be in touch shortly.
[20:51:59] Sandra: Please contact me on chat if you do not receive what you are looking for, but I am sure Brian will get you exactly what you need. He is great.
[20:53:04] Visitor: I will contact you if I do not see the refund Sandra, thanks
[20:53:18] Sandra: Thank you very much for chatting with us today. We hope the rest of your day is an excellent one.
[20:53:18] Sandra: Please feel free to come back for any further assistance.
[20:53:26] Visitor: ok bye
[20:53:33] Sandra: Thanks for chatting. Have a great day.

I was told by the person I called on a Saturday 855-4826455 Nat to contact Jaruis on Monday

Very unhappy obviously with the trickery this company deploys to charge people 18.95

charlesr22
2/26/14

The service provided the report that I required to evaluate a vehicle purchase. Using this service saved me time and money, so I will use again.

walterm32
2/25/14

I received all the information pertaining the cars history an where abouts accident reports an etc. was very impressed an all very hepful

kathleenc12
2/25/14

I have emailed or chatted live with 3 different "levels" of staff members regarding a car history report. All were very helpful, gave me immediate responses, and answered all my questions. Will recommend this site to friends.

janao1
2/24/14

Sucks

fayeb4
2/23/14

No one is helping me what a joke.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the VehicleHistoryRecord staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question