US Government's NSF

VehicleHistoryRecord reviews

119 Reviews for VehicleHistoryRecord

▼ Sort by: recent

3/5/14

Not too happy with the original handling. I had to go through a long process of filling a whole bunch of information ... that was NOT really REQUIRED. The first item of information I supplied was the VIN. There was NO NEED to ask for any other details conssidering that a simple check of your records would have come up with the answer Juliana gave me: THAT "VIN" IS NOT IN PUR DATABASE,

3/1/14

I signed up for a $1.00 charge to get a vehicle history report on a vehicle I was purchasing.
The next day my account was charged $18.95.
You would think a web site with us.org in it would not use these tactics to fool people.
When you call the 855-482-6455 option 2 is all about people like me who were charged 18.95 when they thought they were being charged $1.00
I called the customer service number above and voiced my complaint and was told since my account was now cancelled there was nothing that could be done accept to send an email to manager@carhistory.us.org
The chat transscript is shown below: This was my initial contact withe this company via their chat online.
Concern : i may have used my wifes name debra grogan well I'm really pissed the web site charged one dollar not 18.95

[20:40:24] Sandra: Welcome to Customer Service Livechat. In order to pull up your account, could you please provide me the email address, full name and zip code you used to order our services?
[20:40:44] Visitor: btg317@gmail.com brian grogan 48328
[20:40:54] Sandra: Thank you for providing the information. Please wait while I check your order details in our system.
[20:40:55] Sandra: Ok, how may I assist you?
[20:40:57] Visitor: i may have used my wifes name debra grogan
[20:41:05] Visitor: well I'm really pissed
[20:41:21] Visitor: about the 18.95 unathorized charge
[20:41:46] Visitor: the web site charged one dollar not 18.95
[20:41:49] Sandra: When purchasing your report you signed up for the $18.95 payment plan mentioned on our website.
[20:41:50] Sandra: I have issued you a refund as I want to ensure you're satisfied with our service. Your refund is now on your credit card, depending on financial institution allow up to 5-7 business days for it to appear on your regular statement. Also, I have confirmed your account deactivation, please write down this number:
[20:41:51] Sandra: 724508
[20:41:51] Sandra: Thank you for contacting live chat, I’m glad we were able to resolve this for you today.
[20:42:36] Visitor: thanks but this is a joke I got nothing as far as history
[20:42:44] Visitor: really upset
[20:43:00] Visitor: tell Andy this is crap
[20:43:34] Visitor: all i had in my account was 1 dollar
[20:43:52] Visitor: i want andy to call me
[20:44:02] Sandra: I apologize for the inconvenience that may happened to you from our end.
[20:44:09] Sandra: When you signed up to get your report you clicked the box that enrolled you in our volume discount program which is $18.95 a month.
[20:44:08] Visitor: not good enough
[20:44:14] Visitor: no I did not\
[20:44:36] Sandra: I have issued you a refund as I want to ensure you're satisfied with our service.
[20:44:33] Visitor: please have Andy call me
[20:44:42] Visitor: how do I know that
[20:44:54] Visitor: what is my account was overdrafted
[20:45:04] Sandra: He is not available on phone you can contact him via email only.
[20:45:11] Visitor: what is his email please
[20:45:28] Sandra: His email address is andy@carhistory.us.org.
[20:45:47] Visitor: the whole intention of the site .org leads one to beleive that this type of freud would not occur
[20:45:58] Visitor: were talking class action lawsuit
[20:46:18] Sandra: I assure you we are a very legitimate company.
[20:46:56] Visitor: I beleive you but there is misleading information that is not unitentional
[20:47:06] Sandra: Would you like to have the report that you are looking for?
[20:47:18] Sandra: I assure you we are a very legitimate company.
[20:47:19] Visitor: I dont think the report had anything on it
[20:47:31] Sandra: May I please have the details you were searching and please provide me the information that your report is missing. As soon as you send me the details my manager Brian Thompson will immediately locate the information you require and email it to you within the next 30 minutes.
[20:48:54] Visitor: I'm looking for the VIN #
[20:49:00] Sandra: May I have the VIN # please ?
[20:51:35] Visitor: 3FADP4BJ6DM193693
[20:51:59] Sandra: Thank you for your patience, I have forwarded this to Brian and he will be in touch shortly.
[20:51:59] Sandra: Please contact me on chat if you do not receive what you are looking for, but I am sure Brian will get you exactly what you need. He is great.
[20:53:04] Visitor: I will contact you if I do not see the refund Sandra, thanks
[20:53:18] Sandra: Thank you very much for chatting with us today. We hope the rest of your day is an excellent one.
[20:53:18] Sandra: Please feel free to come back for any further assistance.
[20:53:26] Visitor: ok bye
[20:53:33] Sandra: Thanks for chatting. Have a great day.

I was told by the person I called on a Saturday 855-4826455 Nat to contact Jaruis on Monday

Very unhappy obviously with the trickery this company deploys to charge people 18.95

2/25/14

I have emailed or chatted live with 3 different "levels" of staff members regarding a car history report. All were very helpful, gave me immediate responses, and answered all my questions. Will recommend this site to friends.

2/22/14

I paid for the service and never got the report , I talk to them on chat and they said they would send it to me but end result . I never got my car fax report on the car I was looking at . this web site is to good to be true

2/18/14

Every when smooth but they said I was being charged a $1.00 and my credit card was charged $18.00, not good.

2/13/14

This website provides all the information that others do at a fraction of the cost. They are quick concise and are willing to fill in the blanks if any exists I will always go here first when doing a VIN search. The service is 1st rate and the people are always professional and friendly

2/13/14

Not good. Your report showed a wrecked motorhome, but the report you gave
did not give any report of it being wrecked.

2/10/14

The first report, I got for $1 - and still had to go thru their chat to get it. The second, I was overcharged for, got 1/10th of the information, and had to pester them for 45 minutes on chat just to get it. Suggest great care in using this website.

2/6/14

In my opinion this service performs a nicely decorated "con job." I searched for a service that would give me information on any recalls for my motor coach and whether they have been completed. This site was at the top of the list so I chose it. They didn't tell me anything about any recalls. If you are looking for any information like this I suggest you go elsewhere. Since I visited this site I have now found a site that does list the recalls and there are 6 of them, but this particular site did not have a clue. If you are looking for reliable information, you should probably look elsewhere.

2/5/14

Very quick customer service responses to questions. Handled my concerns with the utmost professionalism and resolved an issue that I had almost immediately. I have absolutely no complaints about the customer service. The manager, Brian Thompson and the customer service agent, Andy, were nothing but helpful throughout the process.

1/13/14

I don't understand ! ! ! ! I never got my Amazon Gift Card ! Is all this for nothing? A Big Fat SCAM? More than 2 times I have been told I would get it and still nothing ! So????? Where is it? I certainly have been patient enough and I certainly have been PUT OF long enough ass well I deserve more than a low end card amount ! I'd raise it if I were you for the crap I keep putting up with you people !

1/10/14

UPDATE (1/10/14): If you are filling this out to get a gift card, you are wasting your time. Over two months and I haven't received anything in the mail, nor heard anything else from VehicleHistoryReport. Do NOT leave them a response.

ORIGINAL POST (11/1/13):
I found this via google on the sponsored ads at the top. I read "free" however to get a full report it costs $1, plus if you want extra data it costs another $1.
So I feel the "FREE" was out of proportion to what people actually want, yet I was happy to pay only $2 in comparison to what CarFax charges ($40+).

I had completed this review in exchange for an amazon gift card. They are currently asking for my name and personal address, I'll keep you posted with any updates.

1/8/14

This guy will charge your credit card 14.95 every time you look at your report you paid for the first time. My first report was complete, but when I went back to the site to verify something, I got billed again. Big Rip.

1/4/14

I ordered a vehicle report and following the payment information, was not able to access the information. The site timed out on my sign-in on seven separate occasions. Each time I attempted to access the report I paid for, I was redirected to a screen that stated my report was complete, but would be ready to view in less than five minutes...even up to thirty minutes after my initial order. I contacted the online representative and was immediately asked for my name and the VIN of the vehicle I was investigating. I was re-directed to the Customer Service Specialist, Andrew Thompson - who sent the report to me via email as a pdf attachment.

Overall, I am (just barely) satisfied with the product. However, the process is broken, and results I can get instantly on another website took over 30 minutes of my time. This company needs to invest in a more efficient system if they intend to keep a satisfied customer and client base.

12/30/13

They set you up to have all info and give you nothing!!!! Just when the car was registered. It took several tries to get that!!!!!

12/29/13

I thought it was good to find a "relatively" free vehicle report online. I ended up paying a total of $2.90. Unfortunately there were so many breaks in the timeline of records included in my report. My state requires annual vehicle emissions testing and for this vehicle there is only a record for the year the vehicle entered our state and in the following 7 years no other reports showed on the report, which I found odd and kind of made me doubt the completeness of the findings. But, for $2.90, I have no complaint. It was basically good for the money. Thanks for offering this service for those on a shoe string budget Andy!

12/29/13

TOOK A LITTLE LONGER THE FIRST ATTEMPT TO GET WHAT I NEEDED BUT AFTER TALKING LIVE CHAT,REALLY GOT THINGS GOING IN A HURRY.VERY EASY TO DEAL WITH,GOT WHAT I NEEDED.GOOD JOB.........................

12/29/13

NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS TRYING TO MAKE A SIMPLE PURCHASE OF A "CAR FACTS" TYPE REPORT. RESORTED TO A PHONE CALL AFTER FAILURE TO OBTAIN REPORT VIA INTERNET. WHAT I FINALLY RECEIVED WAS NEXT TO "USELESS"!!!!! WAS EMAILED A 3 PAGE LISTING OF PREVIOUS OWNERS & MILEAGE.
I PAID FOR THIS???

12/25/13

This sucks! Three requests sent and I got (3) PDFs that told me only that I owned a certain make and year car and that's it!

12/25/13

In the beginning it gives you the option to check to find who ownes a vechicle. This was the whole reason I went through tjis process, and spent money. In the end it will not give out this type of information. Waste of my time.

12/23/13

It he information provided was complete, but I was unable to find the dealer with the information provided...I hope your search is better.

12/21/13

took over an hour for detailed title search report and did not identify lien holders name or operators name as I expected. when I went back to the site to check of what is reported, it showed "1 report only $0.19 for the rest of the year". I find that odd as only 2 hours earlier, the fee was a $1.00.
Gary Rosen, landlights@gmail.com

12/21/13

While the follow-up service was prompt (I promptly received my report directly via email workaround) the site itself never loaded the requested report. Well, never is too harsh. <Do not exit this window or go back. Please be patient as this search may take up to 5 minutes to complete.> I quit after thirty minutes of hold. The email workaround arrived within the five minutes of requesting it from the cool chat feature. Kudos to the support agents, lumps of coal to the programmers and promoters.
The basic report did not include any updates from the past twenty months, so was essentially useless. Definitely not worth the paper that it was not printed on. Could I have received something useful by ordering their higher level report? Judging by their categories, I think not.

12/21/13

This site is a fraud. They claim to charge $1 per report, but then a charge of $18.95 will show up on your account. The entry will be for a charge called: CARHISTORY.US.ORG 8554826465 DE

12/21/13

Lets Add another person who has been scammed to the list. Like most of the other negative users have stated i was promised a report for 1$ and was charged 18.95, i was told that my "account" which i didn't even set up has been closed and i will be issued a full refund. seriously doubt that will happen and that's why ill be going to the bank on Monday morning to dispute these unfair charges. Report was vague and really offered moot information on vehicle.

12/20/13

There was a problem getting my report and all you can do is chat with someone and all it is, is a computer talking back to you. I had to keep going back in because I wasn't getting my report and got someone different every time.

12/20/13

Misleading do NOT use this web-site costs only a $1.00 BS in reality the worthless report costs $18.95 & didn't tell me anything I didn't already know CROOKS!!! Use their web-site at your own risk I have reported them to the AR Better Business Bureau & the AR Attorney General's office CROOKS do not use very unhappy customer!!!

12/14/13

In order to get your report you have to contact a rep, and then the rep has to contact a manager, and then the manager emails you the report. The report is quite limited, only gives you registrations dates and locations.

12/6/13

I noticed information on here that the dealer did not report so i was very happy to have done this, you can't beat the price let me retract this, they charged me 14.95 when it should have beeen 1.00 trying to find out why as we speak...While I do appreciate the information I do not appreciate the extra charge when I did not sign up for naything and they stated that I did hummmm. I believe I will get a refund in 5-7 days we certainly hope so.

12/6/13

site was not workin, but chated with pop-up messaging Vinny, then he contacted BriAN who sent me a report - good service - lousey site

this is twice this week I tried it instead of others - want to buy a car, this is no help

12/4/13

I am not satisfied with this site!!! I asked a question only to be given a lame response. I will not advise anyone to use this site.
If I could leave a rating less than one star I would do so.

12/4/13

Terrible, charged me twice for an amount I didn't ok.
What a terrible website. The report didn't tell me anything I didn't know.........

12/4/13

This company stated there was not enough money in my account for this transaction which was for vehicle history.

When I checked my bank they had taken it out. I spoke with Brian Thompson and he quickly remidied this and sent it out to me which was good customer service.

I was disappointed about the report in general because it only provided info about the title and registation dates. Nothing about previous owner information which is what I really needed. I was hoping to speak to the former owners of the car about what type of maintanence was done on the vehicle in the past.

I guess that IT I'm not privy to that type of info.

12/4/13

You can't give me the information that I need and you advertise $1.00 and charge $14.99. I do believe I got $#*!ed on this one. I will never use your services again.

12/4/13

Their info says the vehicle is an automatic...it isn't.

Owner History would imply who the "owners" have been, usually an individual or entity. It shows only what Carfax would show without "Owners" at all.

Truly underwhelming, save your $.

12/3/13

You have to jump through dozens of hoops to get any kind of information. Requested a value on a vehicle; submitted all kinds of information; provided my life history; had to rate the website before I even got any results; paid for the information; but before I got the info they asked yet another question and when I answered it, the site brought me back to square one.
Never did get my report even though I paid for it.
Now I'm being asked to rate the site again before I can get any further.
Talk about jumping through hoops.
This is totally ridiculous. Don't waste your time.

12/3/13

They have awful customer service. I purchased a Carfax report on my car and they refused to email me a full copy of my report after multiple attempts. Never again!

12/3/13

On their website it says "Previous Owner Information" and "View the TITLE Information". I believe this to be false advertising because all I needed was the new owner's name since I was the previous owner and forgot whom I sold it to. Their reply was "Unfortunately we do not have access to owner information" Than why does their website state previous owner information. Also, we will see what charges they charged me as I clicked only to pay $1, then they told me my $14.95 will be refunded. If they charged me $14.95 without my permission then I will be reporting them to the BBB and any other authorities.

12/3/13

After the first submission through their (awful) website, it became unusable - useless.

I did get the vehicle data I requested that day although massively buried within advertising and after navigating through some slightly misleading promotions to get me to sign up for an annual package or some other deal. But that's OK, it was only a buck, right? I was promised a $20 Amazon gift card for writing a review: I wrote a positive -- albeit glowing! -- review but I never got my promised reward.

The second day, after logging in with my new account, entering the VIN and waiting, I was told I had no credits. There was no obvious way to add credits or to charge to the card I had used the previous day (or any other card for that matter). I logged out.

Starting afresh, I entered the VIN at the main page, entered all my information including the card number(s) and was informed that I already had an account with that card and to enter my password. There was nowhere to enter the password but a link was provided with the promise of an email. I clicked that but never received anything.

I tried calling for help and was put on hold for ages. I gave up. I used the chat facility on the web but, despite giving a detailed explanation of my exact problem was (finally) sent over to a 'manager' who wrote me an email containing a partial list of the information I would've requested, had I been able. That's NOT what I wanted. I wanted to be able to use the damned website!

Considering the amount of time and frustration typing in personal information, CC numbers, VIN numbers, typing in explanations, awaiting responses - this is an exercise in abject frustration and I would recommend rather paying CarFax or whomever: remember, you get what you pay for. I paid a buck and that's about all I'd say it was worth.

12/2/13

GREAT SITE!! USER FRIENDLY! I WILL DEFINATELY REFER A FRIEND TO THIS SITE!!
Vehicle History Record .com is all you need when purchasing or selling a used car. They supply you with all the info on your car, and the price cant be beat...only $1.00 YES I SAID ONE DOLLAR!!!!
So check it out for yourself. You wont be disappointed!!! Don't pay expensive fees...go to Vehicle History Record.com

12/2/13

I just accept a payment of $1 and ended with $14.95 !! and there is absolutely no way to verify the infos

12/2/13

Straight up Crooks! Deceitful! Scammers!
Supposedly free, then they ask you for 1 dollar , but then charge you 14.00 per month until you catch it!
Im sure their merchant credit card processor dosent know this un-ethical business practicess are going on but but they are gonna find out here shortly !!

12/2/13

I had an issue regarding possible fraud pertaining to a recent vehicle purchase I made, and I needed information. Brian Thompson and his team of professionals (Cody and Andy) went to work immediately and responded the way a reputable company that cares about the repeat business of their customers as well as their customers' concerns should respond. I would recommend Brian and his team to anyone looking to receive quality service and care. I am well pleased with this company!!!

12/2/13

I spent two hours trying to get my report. I had to go through live chat, then got email from person working, that did not work, then went through live chat and got the manager who sent me part of the report I paid for. If it always take this long for a report why bother. Go to CarFax, they will get the job done even if it costs more. You get what you pay for.

12/1/13

This site does not have any information...The review came up clean with no info. This smells very fishy....Then they ask for a review to get a $20 gift card from amazon at the end. Obviously they cannot give a $20 gift card when only charging $1 for the report.

12/1/13

Very easy to use. Inexpensive way to find out about your car. Customer service people were fast to respond to my questions.

12/1/13

did not give me the all the service information i wanted, just when it changed hands. was not happy with my report but thats my opinion.

11/30/13

1. I did not get the report in an email as promised.

2. Also I did not get the value of vehicle mentioned in the report as promised. When contacted customer support they replied they do not have record of my VIN#, which was strange as they printed the report of my vehicle in my browser using the same VIN#

11/30/13

I cannot log in to your PDF Document attachment sent to me yesterday by Brian Thomson--Customer Service. The attachemnt won't accept my login password. Please send me a new password. Thank you

Kalim U. Khan
Las Vegas, NV 89121
PH: 702-998-4345

11/29/13

I checked this website on 10/27, the site only mentioned a charge of $2.00 but then I was charged $14.95. I let it be (big mistake). The report was ok. I got my car. Now a month later I was charged again $14.95!! I texted Cody (my account manager) who mentioned Brian (his manager) will handle this issue personally. I got another text from Cody that my account was closed and to expect an email within 1 hour. Still waiting on the refund. Do not fall for the add!!! Big scam!!

The Best Car Buying Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber