US Government's NSF

ellens1

6 Reviews for Upromise.com

▼ Sort by: recent

11/19/13

For the most part I'm happy with Upromise. It's a nice way to earn free cash back, even when you are redeeming a deal or coupon on the merchant site. You have to get used to it at first. Finding where to register your credit cards on the site isn't all that intuitive.
In my opinion Ebates is an easier experience, but I still like Upromise. If you link it to direct deposit into your SallieMae savings account they also provide a 10% annual match bonus.

8/18/13

Have used the company for years, first few cashouts were easy. As time progressed it became harder and harder. The second to last time I tried to cash out they used the excuse that the sponsor had not paid them the funds... (although the funds were showing as pending) so they couldn't pay me. If you never got it, then the sum shouldn't be showing in the first place.

My latest cashout is still showing as pending, so I wrote them and mentioned in the letter that if they find that the sponsor has not paid them after the amount of months that it's been pending, perhaps they should contact them as they are their affiliates. I stated communication between they and their sponsors, as well as my self, is key.. and so is good customer service.

I got a reply email stating that it will be three more weeks before the pending funds will be available. Lolz, I'll bite. But I replied back that the amount of time quoted to me upon cashout differed from that which they replied back w/. I suggest they confer w/ their affiliate to reach an agreeable time frame to quote to user upon cashing out as this would cut down on confusion.

People, I'm not stupid. It's all a racket, they get paid for hooking you up w/ their advertisers, for shopping through their website or at physical stores they have agreements with. These affiliates give you the consumer cash back, after overcharging you, for doing business w/ them. Upromise collects the money.. holds it in an acct as long as they can, while collecting interest on it. You decide you want to cash out, but they don't want to let go because they want to continue getting as much interest as possible. So they give you the runaround. It's almost as bad as a ponzi scheme, and it gets worse as the economy gets worse. These companies are scrambling to stay afloat. They refuse to realize that people can't keep getting big pay packets and bonus as before. Greed is an ugly thing.

But I want my funds.. so I'll play around w/ them a bit longer.. then I'll be contacting them again. I'd like to be able to get some interest from my cashout too. They had their turn, now I want mine.

7/31/13

I have been using this site for years. Between the rebates from using my Upromise credit card and rebates from retailers I have earned almost $4000 in my daughters college fund.

11/27/12

Upromise is a great way to get rewarded for your shopping. It gives you a % of what you spend back and has several retailers that participate. You can also link bonus cards from your local grocer or pharmacy. I have already received over $100 and I really don't do a lot of online shopping...you can also do surveys to earn money for free.

3/5/12

This is a complete scam. It has caused nothing but hassles and the customer support is terrible and poorly trained. They make up policies or they don't follow up after you make copies and document the transaction and pay the postage to mail to them.

3/10/09

BROKEN " UPROMISE" - Don't fall for the "promise" on Upromise web site for Reduced energy bills if you switch your energy supplier to Energy Plus Holdings.  My bill went up $125 from what it would have been with my previous supplier.  Then, when I went to cancel, I was told I had to wait through another billing cycle, so this "Promise" may cost me a few hundred dollars by the time I switch back!

Do your research, don't believe the misleading statements on Upromise.  Better check out their other "deals" before you sign up too!  Neither company would help me in any way.

About Upromise