US Government's NSF

20 Reviews for Stoveglass.net

▼ Sort by: recent

6/9/13

Great Service!
I ordered a replacement glass and rope kit for a Firefox 8 on Monday 3rd June. By Thursday 6th June my order was still showing as pending on their web site, however, the payment for the items had been taken from my bank account. I decided to call Stoveglass to see what was happening. I got through only to a recorded message on a mobile phone, so I left my details and asked for a call back. At that point I also decided to check for stoveglass company reviews and came across 'Sitejabber'. 95% of the reviews were dreadful, so I feared the worst. However, within 5 minutes of my leaving the voice message I had phone call from Stoveglass apologizing for the delay in despatch due to difficulties at their end, but reassuring me that my items would be with me at the latest on the 7th June. When I got home at 6pm on the 6th my items had arrived.
Great service in replying to my 'concerned' voice message and in delivering my goods. All well packaged too.
The 95% bad reviews are all old reviews from 2011. This company has obviously improved.

4/10/13

I have just read the previous reviews and it sounds like a different company! I believe they are now under new ownership.
I have nothing but praise.
The glass I ordered arrived quickly and well packaged. Purchase through the site was quick and easy, and all dealings with the company by email were answered very quickly and provided good help.
I would not hesitate to use them again. I just hope that other customers realise that the poor reviews are not reflective on the current company.
Thanks again

11/18/11

I ordered a replacement glass for my Dovre fire and like many others i waited and waited my emails were ignored finally gave Stoveglass.net an ultimatum send the glass within 7 working days or i will contact paypal .... on the 7th day i received the glass which arrived in a pizza box !!! don't deal with this company.

11/15/11

Even a 1 star is way too high. This outfit is the worst internet buying experience I have ever had.I have waited over 4 weeks for a peice of glass still not here,they do not respond to emails,no phone number. They just take your money and forget about you.
I eventually went to my local glass merchant who cut a piece in under a minute,and it was cheaper.
You have been warned they are a bad joke,do not use.

10/19/11

Like everyone else I have found them totally unreliable and will not be using them again, if I ever get my money back.

10/9/11

Another person waiting for Paypal to sort out the mess this company has caused. I can't decide if they are frauds or simply incompetent. Either way, please don't use them. It took a while but I was able to track down names, addresses and telephone numbers. The companies involved seem to operate out of Tenterfields Business Park, Luddenden Foot, Halifax HX2 6EQ.

8/25/11

I ordered glass from this firm and like many others did not receive item and had my emails ignored. I put in a claim to PAYPAL and canceled the item by email as there was no phone number. PAYPAL didn't refund my money even though I never received the item so there will be two firms that I will never use again. I am absolutely disgusted at my treatment by both firms and will only use my credit card in future.

8/15/11

This company should come with a Government Health Warning. I would not give this company any stars.

Should have done research first. The order was taking five weeks and so phoned the number to get a standard BT message saying there were no more room to store messages. 10 emails later I received a response saying my order had been dispatched within 24-48 hours sorry for any inconvenience caused, hasten to say 72 hours on and we have not received the order. We were not given a transaction ID and therefore can not set up a dispute via Paypal.

They take a dosh out on the same day as making the order.

Deal with Stoveglass.net at your own peril.

8/9/11

i ordered glass and never received it , sent loads of e mails never one reply, but they took my money on the same day i ordered.NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE FRAUDS.

3/30/11

Absolutely awful, don't ever use this company. They don't answer emails, don't answer messages, or return calls.
Requested refund via Paypal. Find yourself a local glass company and get it from them.

3/16/11

Same as all the other respondents. Don't respond to emails, no phone number, not received any comms or the products after 5 weeks! I have a dispute open with PayPal so hopefully I'll get a refund sooner rather than later!

2/17/11

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! Placed an order weeks ago, still haven't heard anything back. The fact there is no telephone number on their website indicates the type of fraudulent company they are!! Very angry that I have been ripped off!!

2/8/11

Stoveglass rates as my worst shopping experience ever. They do not reply to emails or answer the phone. Do not use them.

1/14/11

Glass cracked on first use and could not get a reply to numerous emails; now proceeding through consumer direct for a refund.

11/23/10

Avoid these people,they do not have a telephone contact no. on their site although I found one and it says the answering system is full...of complaints probably!Am trying to obtain a refund via Paypal because no sign of goods after 3 weeks,I am of the opinion that these people are a waste of time and money.

11/11/10

Hopeless - sent the wrong item. Couldn't be bothered to pay the postage to send it back. Only consolation is that what they sent me cost 4 times what I had actually ordered.

6/25/10

received replacement gas coals for my fire whithin 5 days, good quality product

4/30/10

i placed a order in january and still nothing in may! they have now stopped replying to my emails! DONT EVER USE THEM!!!!!!

4/19/10

Went to this online shop because it worked out cheaper than the others I found. I should have done my research first. The order was taking too long to be delivered so I looked for a phone number on their website. No joy. I found a number on my invoice so I called that... got a standard BT message saying their was no more room to store messages. I e-mailed them and got no reply.

Finally, after about 3 weeks, I got notification that the order had been dispatched and that they apologised if the delay caused any inconvenience.. Meh! Won't be using them again and, if you need fast stove glass rather than fractionally cheaper glass, I suggest neither do you.

3/11/10

They have a lot to learn about customer care.
Takes them DAYS to repond to emails - WEEKS to send out the order,
and when it arrived it was wrong!!!

Only plus pointis at least they did eventually refund my money.
Would never use again!!!