▼ Sort by: recent
Illegal Anabolic Steroid Use:
- Are legal ONLY when appropriately prescribed for very specific medical conditions under the supervision of a physician.
- Getting them any other way is ILLEGAL.
- Using them for "personal purposes" is ILLEGAL.
- Getting them from some quack supplier via the internet is ILLEGAL and STUPID, as you have no idea what you will actually get.
In case you were wondering, abusing steroids is illegal because doing so is extremely hazardous to your health. Not to mention that they'll make your testicles shrink to the size of grapes. But hey, it's your body and your criminal record, right?
- Are Steroids Illegal?
Yes. Without a doctor's prescription for a medical condition, it's against the law to possess, sell, or distribute anabolic steroids.
Legal prosecution can be a serious side effect of Illicit Steroid Use.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA):
- Under U.S. Federal law it is illegal to possess or distribute anabolic steroids for nonmedical uses. The U.S. Customs will confiscate/seize the illegal steroids at the border and you could have Customs Agents or the DEA show up at your door for importing Illegal Drugs into the U.S..
- Under U.S. Federal law, first-time simple possession of anabolic steroids carries a maximum penalty of one year in prison and a $1,000 fine. For first-offense trafficking in steroids, the maximum penalty is five years in prison and a fine of $250,000. Second offenses double this penalty. In addition to federal penalties, state laws also prohibit illegal anabolic steroid use.
What Are the Health Hazards?
Some of the main side effects of anabolic steroid abuse are trembling, severe acne, fluid retention, aching joints, high blood pressure, lower HDL (the "good" form of cholesterol), jaundice, and liver tumors.
Also, people who inject steroids with shared needles run the risk of contracting or transmitting hepatitis or HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.
Other side effects include:
For men, shrunken testicles, reduced sperm count, impotence, infertility, baldness, development of breasts, difficulty or pain in urinating, and an enlarged prostate.
NIDA-funded studies have shown that steroid abuse can cause wide mood swings including uncontrolled anger and aggressiveness that can lead to violent episodes. Users often become clinically depressed when they stop taking the drugs - a withdrawal symptom that may contribute to dependence. Users also may experience paranoid jealousy, extreme irritability, delusions, and impaired judgment stemming from feelings of invincibility.
Is Anabolic steroids legal or illegal?
Answer: most countries they are illegal,unless you are buying "Legal Steroids"
Why Steroids Are Bad for You!
Although anabolic steroids have many approved medical uses, they are abused by some athletes and others seeking to improve performance and physical appearance. These nonmedical uses are illegal and carry many health hazards.
1 Questions & Answers
Best Online Pharmacies – Consumers’ Choice
Business owners: What’s your side of the story?
Manage your business