US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

16 Reviews for Softpedia.com

▼ Sort by: rating

8/28/14

i have been using this site since 2003, they had close to honest reviews on all softwares , i recommend it

9/18/11

I found this web site through google, "nebula screensaver download" search and naturally wanted to find out a little more before buying drugs from a stran....downloading something unknown from the internet. Thats I how I found Site Jabber!!! I have since downloaded plenty of odds and ends from here and haven't experienced so much as hint of a problem. This is my "go-to" for simple downloads.

Apprentice Reviewer
7/7/11

I was able to find a driver for my printer that even the company that build my printer didn't have a good working copy of and that alone saved me from having to buy a new printer.

I have also found this site to have a lot of tech news and good information on upcoming computer technology as well as software downloads.

Although I have had no problems with the things that I have downloaded from them it seems one of the other people reviewing this website has so all I can say is be couscous and run your virus checker before installing any software that you downloaded on your machine. I will also say that is true of any website that you download software from.

I think you owe it to yourself to at least take a look at the site.

8/30/10

I don't know much about PC stuff but I love my iphone and macbook and this site surprisingly had a great section on apple products and news

learned quite a bit that I guess apple doesn't want you to know! will bookmark this site for future mac issues.

12/16/09

There are not many sites where I have found I use as reference tools almost all of the time but softpedia has become that for me. If I need a driver updated version, it is often easier to go to softpedia than the manufacturers own website. Use it for mobile devices too!

8/19/09

If you are looking to download anything from a specific driver or if you need a freeware program for a calculation, softpedia is a great resource to find the software you need. I like the way it is organized but it does take a little while to figure out how they organized the site. They also have the latest news on everything from firmware updates for the PS3 to latest drivers for games.

8/19/09

I have found this site to be very useful in learning what downloads are out there. Many times there is already a solution available but finding it is the hard part. This site provides a central location to learn about and download freeware and shareware.

10/24/13

I use this website since 2007 and I think it provides quality service which is like wikipedia when we go for quality information.

5/2/13

I downloaded LB task control because this company softpedia said it was 100 percent virus free guaranteed. It had a malicious virus, changed toolbars and home pages and attacked my system.

1/13/13

For the vast majority of downloads, the site is safe. However, their "100% guarantee" of safe downloads should not be believed. I recently downloaded something from there that installed SweetIM without permission. This is a well known issue with SweetIM (firefox has banned it because of this) and there was no notification at the site of this extra software. I wrote and advised them of this malware, but they still do not have advise to users of this on the download page.

This site used to be reliable, but no longer is. There is no way of telling when you will get malware.

5/31/14

Tried to download a graphics driver, but when I installed it instead got loads of malware and redirected to a games site which wanted credit card details it wouldn't use - yeah right! Stay well away!

3/31/14

My first download was paired with malware. Below is a copy of my report to Symantec, the makers of Norton Internet Security. It took three calls to Norton and about three hour total until their helpful support reps succeeded to completely remove this nasty piece of Malware described below. I will stay away from this site from now on and my advise for you is to do the same!

"Every time I start the computer I’m getting the message that NORTON is handling a threat from SecurityRisk.Downldr, then informs me that either the attack was blocked or that the risk was removed.
Notable is the fact that each time the location of the executable file on my hard drive listed by Norton A/V is a different one. Also, the .exe file name is different each time – the one after my previous start of the computer was “whiteusnew[1].exe”. This event started to occur after I deleted an annoying little piece of software entitled “START SAVIN” that was downloaded without warning while I was downloading Revo Uninstaller from a site called “SoftPedia”. These attacks started the first time I started my computer after removing “START SAVIN” from my hard drive with Revo Uninstaller Pro.
However, there must be something that this malware has installed on my computer which triggers its action each time I start the computer. Moreover, whenever I’m using the Internet, I am still getting pop-ups from “START SAVIN” even though, since deleted, its name does no longer show in either ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS of Windows or REVO Uninstaller!? Obviously this malware action hinders the availability of my computer until this attack has been resolved.
I scanned the computer with Norton Anti Virus and BitDefender, 3 times each, with no result. Please help. Thanks."

COPY OF NORTON REPORT

Startup Item
Launched
___________________________
Few Users
Fewer than 100 users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Very New
This file was released less than 1 week ago.

High
This file risk is high.

Threat type: Security Risk. Programs that pose a security or privacy risk and are not already classified as malicious.

Source: External Media

Source File:
file_to_run55419.exe

File Actions

Event: Running process: c:\users\steve\appdata\local\temp\ file_to_run55419.exe Terminated
Infected file: c:\users\steve\appdata\local\temp\ file_to_run55419.exe Removed

File Thumbprint - SHA:
35dd6757fa242b0beef890dd4e750eba2e164d2ace73508e6620600f9da2f3a0
File Thumbprint - MD5:
Not available

2/11/14

i went to download a driver for a sony webcam, And softpedia downloaded virus, computer takeover, ad ware, and toolbar,without prompting me for permission, that had nothing to do with the driver software i clicked on .

10/19/12

I tried to download a simple file utility via this site and it wouldn't let me save the file but instead I could only run it, and when I did, it tried doing all sorts of dodgy things to my computer, including adjusting loads of registry entries!!! Everything it tried to do was completely irrelevant to what I was trying to download and I ended up blocking it. I downloaded the file from elsewhere and it was quick and simple and the new site allowed me to simply save the file, no writing stuff to my registry and no trying to takeover my computer like the download on softpedia! So unless you're happy to gamble with your computer and online security, then don't download anything from this site - you have been warned!!!!!

5/2/11

WARNING! This is a fraudulent website located in romania promotes and distributes Virus/Conficker Worm. They also steal bandwidth from other websites.

This domain should be suspended due to invalid whois information, softpedia.com should be removed from google search engine for keyword spamming.

6/8/10

i have problems with the check is coming to my house so i need what has been happening to my check if is possible to file complaint to the website i file complaint to ftc so i need i need to know why are not returned my #1738 and amount $22.96 ok? so please email me what should i do about it ok? bye

The Best Download Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber