US Government's NSF

67%
San Francisco, California, USA
Tel: +1.4157355732
contact@sidereel.com

People interested in Sidereel are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

johnc305
2/27/15

As most potential customers realize after they have provided their email address, Sidereel is nothing but a video data collecting site, with little or no free video available as stated in their come-on ad and website. All of the shows that I wanted to see were only available for a fee by redirecting to another site such as Amazon or Hulu. After learning this I have cancelled my so called membership and also provided Sidereel with a bogus email address so they cannot send me junk ads.

gretchent
2/22/14

Well, I guess I'm not the only one who can't open the shows I specifically went there to see. It takes me nowhere. And the "contact us" isn't a contact route at all. It just posts your question for someone else to come up with an answer. What a crock.

ritchb
10/16/13

This site is nothing but a shill for sending you to sites that charge. I tried to watch an NCIS 11 episode but the only service they allowed was Hulu which required a credit card number to qualify for their so-called "free week". They make their money on the fools that give a CC number and then forget to cancel at the end of the free week. DON'T USE THIS SITE!!!! IT'S A RIP OFF!!!

tracyp7
7/10/13

If I could rate this site a zero, I would. The website showed that I could download and watch The Walking Dead Season 2 for free. But when you click on the Itune link to download it for free, it takes you to the Itune site where it costs $2.99 per episode! So it would cost me over $30 just to watch season 2! How can they get away with such blatant false advertising?!!

sy577
12/28/12

The reason there are no latest reviews of sidereel is because THEY NOW SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U used to be able to see shows and then u could track ur shows (bonus), and then you could not only track but mark off what you had watched and if that show was cancelled, on break, starting back, and if starting back, when? NOW, just keep up with what show and episode u are with and then find it some where else!!!!!!!!!!

larryd18
11/30/12

EVERY time I have clicked on a link for a show I want to watch, there is a little info about it, but no video. EVERY time the site says "Watch ..." , but it isn't there. EVERY time. Are these guys for real or just a fantasy?

brentw
3/23/12

Generally sidereel.com is pretty helpful but sometimes if you aren't careful a lot of the links to tv shows are suspect. Generally results in spyware or a virus. Before megavideo went down it was better.

brieh
1/6/12

Didn't have what it listed. No obvious indication of whether or not I had to download the viewer they offered, it just kept popping up in a pushy way (sick of downloading crap I don't need). The demo said just click and "watch instantly". That's an outright lie. After clicking through every link running through the shows I wanted, all I got was a commercial. Fed up. This sucks! Don't waste your time. I think the reviews above are fake. If they don't have a show, they should not list it.

lanef
1/3/12

Good site for finding shows and watching them with just a little effort. One must be careful with this site as it will use links that might have suspect content... just report those links to sidereel and never sign into them. Other than the time limit I have not issue with sidereel it is a good free way to find and watch episodes that you miss.

gabrielw
10/7/11

living proof that technology is here to stay iptv

stephanieg3
9/1/11

Good site to find TV episode and such. The links don't always work so you might have to click a few different ones to find a working link, but when you do it's worth it.

liviap
8/9/11

i love being able to watch my favorite shows and their past episodes when i'm able to! the only downside is that there is a limited time as to how much you can watch.

madamel
7/13/11

Awesome! love love love it! they even have mob wives!

kiras1
4/7/11

I LOVE this website. You can catch up on all the latest episodes and keep track of the ones you've missed. No spam or fake promises. Everything right on target.

klb
1/21/11

I was looking for a way to watch MI-5 Season 9, Episode 2. I've watched all the rest of the show either on iTunes or Netflix, but Season 9 has been hard to find. Sidereel showed a listing of all the episodes for Season 9, but said I couldn't click on the links without signing up (for free). I did, but when I clicked on the links, it merely said there were no links to that show! I consider that fraudulent advertising, and when it occurs on the internet, that makes it a FELONY (fraudulent advertising across state lines = a felony). I thought others should know to stay away from this bull$#*! website.

heathers3
10/9/10

I like how sidereel isn't completely full of spam all over the place and hasn't gone so commercial like hulu. They so many good shows to watch and some of them may be a bit older it is still a great selection.

kaseyp
8/17/10

I like sidereel because they have all the latest episodes that I need to catch up on. I would say that I'm a frequent user of sidereel. I use it mostly every now and then when I miss an episode of my favorite TV shows. Best part is you don't have to download anything to watch the TV shows. There are tones of links that you can select from to watch your favorite TV shows.

fernandof
8/13/10

another good website i wanted to watc a hbo show that was cancelled, found the whole season on here

chriso1
2,918 helpful votes
6/2/10

One aspect of this excellent site hasn't been mentioned yet, and it's the one I use regularly. I don't or at least haven't yet taken advantage of the streaming TV here, but I do use the very handy email updates that the site sends out every day. I can keep track of every showing of my selected TV shows, which is useful for me because the TV doesn't generally get turned on at all unless there's something going on that I specifically want to see.

Members can select any number of their favorite shows and store them in a watch list, and if requested Sidereel will send out a daily email containing information about the next showings. Already-watched episodes can be marked too, so that repeats are skipped from the notifications. Very handy if you only watch a few shows and don't want to miss an episode, and you can even add shows which haven't started yet to your list so that you don't miss that all-important first showing.

frankc1
3/12/10

I do like sidereel.com most of the time. It's fun to dial up episodes of good TV series when I'm working and not watching the news or other disturbing media heh.

No junk, no downloads or ad clutter. Sometimes it will take you sideways (like when I watch 2 and 1/2 Men you actually get fed from CBS.COM) which is a good thing actually.

All in all, not bad as far as 'free' access media goes. You'll have to check all the listings to see if the shows you like are there or not. Other cool content too (movie news and stuff). Enjoy it!

nancys
10/20/09

Thanks for finding this website! I have been looking for a website where I can watch my favorite TV shows while traveling and only have my laptop with me.

eddiel1
9/26/09

One of the only REAL sites online where you can actually watch TV shows without having to download some new video player or do a survey to see the show. Sometimes this site forwards you to hulu rather than hosting the show on their site but I guess that is okay.

tn1
1,509 helpful votes
8/5/09

Sidereel.com is the only place that I could find and actually watch episodes of Top Chef and Weeds. While other websites didn't allow me to access shows in Guatemala, good ole Sidereel came through for me. It's great to be able to choose from a variety of links that are available and working as well.

britth
8/5/09

Sidereel allows you to look up shows and see an organized listing of the videos. You can look at shows by season and then search for a particular episode. Then a list of links, compiled from video sites, pops up and you can pick whichever link you like. This is particularly helpful because there are so many broken links out there. If one doesn't work, then there are several more you can try that are right in front of you.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Sidereel staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: New to Sidereel. As I read reviews, people are saying that you can look up your shows and then watch them on Sidereel. Is that so or must you go to a separate link like HULU? If you do have to go to another link, which ones are recommended so that one does not end up with loads of cookies and spam?
10/23/12
Answer
loisw3
A: what does it cost? Is it worth it? Is it better than netflix?
6/3/12
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Does hbo cost to watch shows
1/12/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Sidereel staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Sidereel?