US Government's NSF

1 Review From Our Community

tylerc
EXPERT
1/5/13

This is about a specific incident that I encountered and will NEVER be purchasing another Scosche product in my life.

Before purchasing my radio installation kit for my vehicle. BEFOREHAND, I checked with a sponsor from Scosche, the Scosche website, and also the sellers website to ensure the kit would fit my vehicle. ALL said yes it will fit and gave me the same part #.

Upon receiving my kit, the package says, "Custom Kit, Factory Fit, Scosche Guarantee" proudly in the top left corner. I have found out really means nothing. Nowhere does it say "satisfaction guarantee". If something is GUARANTEED to fit it should fit. In my case it did not. They obviously have ZERO idea of what the word guarantee means....it doesn't mean maybe.

After talking with multiple representatives who were pretty much worthless and would NOT answer the majority of my questions, it was later admitted by Scosche that the kit had NOT EVER been tested on my vehicle version. WHAT A JOKE! They market a product that is guaranteed to fit my vehicle and even says so on the package and yet it does not fit. (The top right corner has a sticker/barcode/part # that says what the kit fits)

During the whole process, the main focus was on me sending in pictures that it did not fit (since they never tested it), proof of purchase, and talking to the seller about a refund. THAT was their main focus. I wrote e-mails that were very lengthy asking questions that they sometimes would answer. For example, they said they had talked to everyone and made sure that this will never happen again (this was after hours) and I asked what steps they took to do this and they never answered that question. Surprising? No.

During our correspondences they did update the website to make a note that it does not fit the sedan model of my vehicle. Then they proceeded to update what exactly their guarantee actually means on their website...which turns out to be a money back guarantee. Nowhere did it say that on the package or their website during our early discussion. ALL AFTER I HAD MADE THEM AWARE AND DEMANDED ANSWERS.....SOME OF WHICH THEY DID NOT ANSWER.

The replies were slow and it took even longer to get a response on their Facebook. Here is a DIRECT quote from their Facebook page in the "About" section, " Scosche is founded on its’ commitment to quality, value and customer service." which in my opinion is a complete joke and they were obviously not caring about keeping a customer who has used MANY of their products.

I took the extra steps that most customers do not to ensure that the product fit my vehicle. They were in the wrong marketing a product for a vehicle that they never even tested it on. Then, they don't answer some of the questions I ask even though they are supposedly founded on "Customer service and satisfaction".

Well, I DEFINITELY am not satisfied with their product that was falsely advertised to fit my vehicle. Their lack of explanation. Their lack of commitment to test their products on the vehicle they market to. Their lack of understanding the word Guarantee. Their lack of care to keep a customer and ensure satisfaction.

^That is a TERRIBLE business practice and method to follow.

I will NEVER purchase a Scosche product again in my life. I warn all of you out there that the product buy might not have been tested for your specific vehicle. Also, their guarantee is really just a backup in case the product does not fit and makes them aware of their inability and laziness to test every vehicle the product is intended for.

I opted for the full refund since I don't want another Scosche product and will never use them again in my life. Nor will I allow anyone else to that I do radio installations for.

So we'll see how the full refund turns out.