US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

babag2
10/22/14

found exactly what i was looking for, decided to keep the membership and purchase an annual subscription.

joyceb15
3/20/14

Found someone had been in my account and contacted the bank who stopped debit/credit cards and began an investigation. I then began to look over my other atm/debit charges and found this company had charged me $47.88, no idea of who they were. Called them and they informed me that I had looked up someone in Feb 2013 and they are just now billing me, but marked on my statement as recurring charge. Called them and demanded to know how they got my visa number, they didn't know, but a supervisor consulted and money to be returned. How did they get my credit card? Who bills a year later? Did check in Feb 2013 and no charges there. Sending info to Pa Attorney General to request clarification if this is fraud or OK by state statute

nancyp25
9/12/13

47.88 was charged to my bank account. I did not authorize or sign on for this service. Is this fraud or WHAT ?? Spoke with customer service 9/12. Mark says my money will be refunded in 3-5 business days. I'd like to know how the hell this happened in the first place ?

robertp29
7/10/13

I LIKE SOME THE OTHERS THINK THIS SITE IS FOR------- THEY OFFER NO TELEPHONE NO TO CALL TO CANCEL AND THEY COULD NOT FIND ME AND I'VE LIVED IN THE CHICAGO AREA FOR 60 YEARS STAY AWAY FROM THIS AND
ANCESTRY THEY ARE THE SAME

bobt18
7/10/13

What a joke.....they charged me $24 after I canceled the search with in 30 minutes. They came back 3 days latter with nothing.I was able to walk into the court house and get the information with in 20 minutes. They will not refund my money....what a scam.

lindao3
7/10/13

I would not rate this site at all. I was not able to access the website. Each time I tried I received an error page. I would not reccomend this website. It is fraud.

sonijiaj
7/9/13

I FOUND EVERYTHING I NEEDED ON RECORDBASE.COM THE CENSUS RECORD OF 1940 LISTED MY PARENTS CORRECT B-DAY AND ALSO IT LISTED THE PEOPLE WHO LIVED N THE HOUSE/HOMES WITH THEM SO IT HELP ME

estelleg
4/11/13

signed on for the 1.99 3 day trial, cancelled after 2 days, 3 days later they withdrew $47.88 illegally from my account. i have contacted the attorney general of ms(Jim Hood) about this scam. 1943stella@gmail.com

sylvias4
1/21/13

I agree with most of what others have said. I was looking for military information about my father from WW1 and received information on everything except what I wanted, so after wasting an hour I tried to cancel the trial. Nowhere on their website is a place to cancel the trial. They tell you to go to the Subscription Options page to cancel, but it's not on their website. I found it purely by accident and used the phone nbr. 1-888-896-4442 which is where to cancel should you want to.

francisd11
12/14/12

Should have checked here first. LESS info available after you sign on for "free 7 days"
than is available online. You HAVE to click on one star or you can't submit

dk21
11/5/12

There is no doubt this the other reviewers are correct and I wish I read and followed their advice. They do not have any infomation that cannot be found on your own and the process to cancel is indirect to say the least. Very poor business practice.

christineb15
9/13/12

have had no experience with it just am trying to cancel this it is not what i needed wrong website

brendap6
7/27/12

BAD!!! The site offers 7-day free trial, but give no way to cancel before free trial ends and billing begins--no phone #, no nothing. I think this site is fraudulent. Every search I tried led me to a site that charges for this so-called "free" info.

B. Pitts

lisaf17
7/15/12

I signed with my credit card for a 7 day free trial which included all newspapers. It let me view 5 news articles, then cut me off telling me I reached my "limit for the day" and that I needed to sign up for another newspaper paying websight.
Day 2, I got the same message and was unable to view any newspaper articles, saying again, I had "reached my daily limit", and led to another sight wanting me to join their websight.

nicolet10
3/29/12

I signed up for the free trial and searched for records that were not available on other sites. As I did not find what I was looking for, I replied to the confirmation email and cancelled my subscription. Two days after I sent my request I received an email confirming the cancellation. Despite what others have experienced, I felt that my request was handled professionally and promptly. I would recommend this site to someone looking to research his/her family history.

jillw6
1/25/12

I am an experienced amateur genealogist and member of Ancestry.com. I don't know why I fell for their website a second time - a few years ago I subscribed to Archives newspaper collection but was easy to cancel during the free week. I tried to cancel shortly after signing up last evening but web page wouldn't enter unsubscribe. I am so mad at myself for giving them my credit card. As an experienced genealogist I know that no paid site has secret information not in real records. I will have to contact my credit card company if site won't cancel. What a pain and waste of valuable time. Jill Schoenfeld White SF Bay Area

brucek5
1/24/12

PHONY SITE. TRIED TO FIND A MARRIAGE RECORD FROM 1903-NOT FOUND. THEN TRIED TO FIND MY MARRIAGE RECORD FROM 1973-WOW NOT FOUND!!! WILL CONTEST CHARGE WITH MY CC CO.

donnaa6
11/26/11

They claim that they will not charge for the first seven days. I tried to cancel after one day of fruitless searching. They provide no way for the free trial to be ended, no contact information available. I found an address in Arizona from 'site jabber' comment. I will try to contact recordbase thru that address. Thank you whom ever posted the address. My guess is , I just lost $47.00. My advice is STAY AWAY!

cajunm
10/11/11

Tried to sign up for a "free" 7-day trial. I'm usually smarter about these things. NO PHONE numbers, NO Address, NO NOTHING. I've just canceled the credit card.

SHAME ON THEM!

cliffordw
6/23/11

Mis-Leading and Fraud--/claim they could review my Miltary Records.. Under Pentaly of Law any person who dose not have writen permission can not view you Matalary record. claims they will bill me 48.00 plus if I join their site now they asked for credit card info/I denied access to my card
clifford wood