US Government's NSF

12 Reviews for Qbids.com

▼ Sort by: recent

alexish15
8/3/14

The moral of the story ---- if something looks too good to be true it is ----- end of story. Read a review that did the math --- yes, the only people that win is qbids. How did they get a BBB approval in the first place? Someone should investigate this company. There were at least 3 auctions that I should have won but amazingly someone else who wasn't even in the initial bidding got it. I agree, all that glitters is not gold. $100.00 poorer. Lesson learned

edwarde12
12/8/13

So sad that anyone has to do with this site. All of the good feed back comes from there own site. Please people stop wasting your money here. You cant get something for nothing. A business is out to make money not to give items away for practically nothing. Please boycott this scam business and put them out of business.

rb14
7/2/13

nobody wins except for qbids

debras8
7/2/13

I'M TOLD I HAVE NO ACCOUNT BUT I HAVE $60.00 DEDUCTED FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT ????? I WANT A PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT THIS PLACE !

davids95
2/6/12

GOOD site many things to bid on. Just be careful each bid is 0.60 cents and adds up fast. But if you pay attention you can get good deals. Unlike dealfun there customer support is there to help and rather quickly. I like this site and feel good using them. You just have to be careful with your money and bid smart. Its a game to many of the people to mess with you and your money. I have watched and won gift cards and some nice items. Although I paid in the beginning, there is a learning curve but once you watch and realize when you should bid it can be worth it.

richards22
10/20/11

my son and checked out the site and gave up before long and got nothing and a 60 dollar charge showed up on my credit card.asshol

davidr28
9/10/11

There was a $100.00 Wal-Mart gift card I started watching just for kicks. After a while it became obvious that Rapdog was one of their people. Every time a new player came on, he bid again. The price of the card became $8.50. 850 bids at .60 each. The company made $510.00 for a $100.00 gift card. I wonder how much Rapdog made for driving up the bidding. This is called puting a "shill" in the game. He (or she) is bidding on several items. WATCH OUT.

brianf5
5/10/11

Bought the middle bidding package.Bid on a Nikon camera.Lost.End of story.No deals here!!!!

debm3
4/28/11

sure funny when you show end of time and you are the winning bidder, then all the sudden 20 seconds later it comes back to you saying that someone else won, they are a rip off

jos305
4/11/11

Regarding QuiBids: After reading the FAQs and the rules and tips provided I watched the site for a while. It is true that items can vary wildly in price. It looks like several factor are in play. 1 is the time of day, it can make a big difference. 2 is the voucher bids, it appears that people build these up and then spend huge amounts of these to acquire what they want by wearing down the competition, 3 is autobidding with vouchers or without, it also serves to weardown the competition. My advice wait til the auto bidders thin out then bid if you have the bids to do so and it won't exceed what you are willing to pay. I have gotten many very nice items and gift cards. You need to outsmart the competition and be realistic about your expenditures.

mikea6
12/12/10

Like several reviews I saw (following a google search and leading to this site, though the other reviews don't come up now on search! too bad....)

This site seems above-board, explaining how the idea is like "going going gone". But the truth is that there is no point in "bidding" except when the clock ticks down, and it is constantly re-setting, with little to no predictability as to when the required "exactly at zero" push will register. I played against quiet groups only to watch the screen freeze at zero and declare a "new player" winner. I've seen "autobid" tools drive up the bid price and there's no way to know if it's all human beings doing the bidding, and the company makes money on bids, which are fast and furious.

Bad enough that the site is a glorified "eBay themed slot machine" where neither skill nor method can be helpful, and there is never any confidence of it being fair and un-rigged. Worse: Within minutes of "winning" a small beginner prize (more bids!) I learned that (1) there is a $2 "service" charge for the immediate/automated crediting of extra bids, and that this must be paid for separately from the bid account; and (2) after paying from a separate, secure Paypal source, within 2 minutes I received phishing letters from Paypal (which I'd not used at all for any other purchases) saying that I'd successfully bought an electronic item I never heard of, nor bid on. It was a fake, and I didn't follow the link. The next thing I know, however, I'm getting hit by lots of email (actually) from Qbids but sent to variations on my email, not my actual address.

I'm thinking not only is this a racket akin to the "variable reinforcement" addictiveness of slot machines, but it's as or more random, and may be like handing out a blank check to spammers and phishers in addition.

As some of the older reviews *here* warn (and I hope they're still findable!) - I'd definitely avoid this site. It's tempting but ends up stealing hours of time piddling away clicks one cent at a time, bidding against real people, robots, and Lord knows what else. Not only is it totally unlike the consumer-oriented eBay site, offering protections for buyers (and identifying the seller!) but there are usually only one or two "bait" items (iPads and an occasional laptop) mixed in with all the packages of bids - easy to win and hook one into more profitable bidding on impossible to win items.

Warning! Warning! Warning!

alanf2
12/4/10

After watching auctions for vouchers for several days, I decided to try my luck. I am convinced that bots are used consistently, particularly for voucher auctions. There is no rationale for why auctions for the same voucher amounts should have such a wide variance. For example, I have seen $100 voucher auctions sell for under $300 and for as much as $10. Additionally, there is no rationale for why an auction may be going along (particularly at a higher amount) with three or four consistent bidders and then suddenly stop at a number that is not rational - i.e., not at a $.10 or $.25 or $1.00 threshold). My suspicion is that there is a mehodology to let you win one or a few small auctions to suck you in and then eat up your bid money with little likelihood of additional success. It would be interesting to know what the drop out rate of users is.

Best Penny Auctions Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber