US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

shobithac

Priceline is TOPLINE and the No # 1 in Customer Service. (in 136 reviews)

jesseg

First if you know you need a hotel, always and I mean always use the name your price feature. (in 221 reviews)

lawrenceh30

The deal I got through Priceline was nice, got a nice hotel room and easy flight to Vancouver. (in 84 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lizw23
6/30/15

The site is not very customer friendly. I have tried to use it a number of times to no avail.

zamarripac
6/29/15

4 STARS HOTEL $ 50.00 USD SINGLE ROONM PER NIGHT

kimberlyv10
6/28/15

I was quoted a price but when i checked out the price was higher, and when i got to the rental car company I was charged even more...... Priceline is no longer a reputable company in my opinion, their customer service is terrible and there are never resolutions. this is my second bad experience with them. I will not use again.

vivianl25
6/26/15

they used to be great. But now? more of an annoyance. Have had to go back over and over.. waiting with a "stuck" search engine.. then you get your price and it tells you to offer more. What's the point. not worth my time. There are other sites that are as good or better in terms of price.

jessicar45
6/23/15

Awful, customer service was based out of Philippines and I had a very hard time communicating my problem. The name your price tool gave us a $69 dollar hotel for $79 , wow what a savings, NOT! They charged me $10 more. And my insurance that we paid extra for was not even helpful, they said I couldn't even change it unless it was a documented medical emergency. The fine print never said that when they were charging me card!!!!!
Never. Again.

vilmap
6/15/15

love to be their costumer always

terrancej8
6/13/15

comparing website though helped myself getting best price on www.flightforsure.com.

jeanh30
6/13/15

I like using this website.

jol134
6/13/15

One of my favorite places to look for hotels , flights and cars. I have started using Kayak so I can see everything at once and Priceline doesn't always win.

tylenel
6/10/15

Name your price is very exciting and can be a great deal. I just don't like that you have to change TWO categories when your offer is rejected. Otherwise you have to switch devices to keep in same city but up price and lower stars. I NEED to stay in certain areas sometimes.

julissac
6/8/15

Terrible:..................

josephp45
6/7/15

I took a week off from work purchased a 4 day get away. I paid Price-line directly $1100 for Air, Hotel & Car. Spirit air canceled my flight without notifying me. I spent many hours on the phone getting my money back in dibs and drabs. First Spirit deducted $189 "agent Fee" on a $300 flight that they canceled after calling numerous supervisors we got that reversed. Then Price-line claimed the hotel would not issue refund so I called the Westin Missions resort they assured me that had I booked with them I would be refunded if airline canceled flight so Price-line admitted that they were charging the $687 PENALTY for a hotel stay I did not use because Spirit airline canceled my flight they made a one time exception and issued a $687 credit. Now the car although Hertz claims there is no penalty whatsoever Price-line did charge me $15 penalty. So the vacation that I paid for thru Price-line was canceled and cost me $15 penalty.

My friend paid Jet-blue for the same hotel $1200 and had a lovely trip! Lesson learned STAY AWAY from PRICE-LINE!!!!

valerieb18
6/5/15

I feel their prices have been going up, and can sometimes find better deals elsewhere. Overall though, I've been happy with their service.

lucyj13
6/5/15

I purchased an air ticket through Pricesline. And after 1 month, the airlines contact me for their flight no longer operating for that destination. So we have to looking for a different carrier.

Two thing are awful happened.

First, I have to go to LAX airport terminal to return the ticket in order to get me refund.

Second, Priceline won't refund their fees of $35.00 back to me because they said they have no control for the airlines to cancel their flight.

There is totally no protection to use Priceline they want to make money no matter who's fault. They cause me trouble to looking for another carrier within a shorter time that i have to pay more for new ticket and waste me so much time to talk to airiline and priceline. Even to go the terminal to return the tickets. And in the end, they do not even give me refund for their fees.

kellyt28
6/4/15

Addicted thanks to their exclusive supply of Covergirl Aquasmoothers Tinted Moisturiser, don't get it at the regular price though, it is very often on special!

jang31
6/3/15

I have been purchasing my airfare and hotels from Priceline for over a year. The process and experience ha been great. Highly recommend.

dianag25
6/3/15

I strongly believe that Priceline does not care much for making themselves the best out there. Or at least close to the best. You can add me to the "lost customer list". Awful.

debbieh34
5/31/15

Booked a standard size car at LAX through Name Your Own Price. Email from Priceline said the car would be a Chrysler 200 or similar (4 doors shown in picture). Subsequently received an email from Hertz, the rental car company that accepted my bid. They bumped me down to a two door car…seriously?! Spoke to Priceline. Nowhere, when booking this car, was there any indication that they would possibly rent me a two door vehicle. I was told that Priceline has no control over what car you get. I feel that the did not disclose all information, and they DO have control over that. They obviously could care less about their customers. Will never use Priceline again!!!!

maisyc
5/30/15

Good products. Great service.

aliceinw
5/29/15

HAS REALLY GONE DOWN HILL OVER PAST DOZEN YEARS

carolh43
5/28/15

great place to shop

aleksandran1
5/28/15

I just received the WORST customer service in my life!!!! The gentleman I spoke to introduce himself as CARL and he didn't give me his last name. I will not ever ever ever buy anything through this webpage and I will make sure my friends do the same.
Horrible!

davidb292
5/27/15

I've used their rental service for couple of times, had no problem.

fredg18
5/26/15

Priceline told me that it was impossible to cancel my car reservation. Enterprise told me the same because Priceline was involved. All other reservations(flight, hotels etc) that I had Make arrangements yourself.made on my own WERE refunded!
Why not Priceline? The little fat guy is not going to get you a better deal!

shona12
5/25/15

They are not friendly, not helpful, an will rush you off the phone to talk to other customers. If you make a reservation hours before you check in they get you with a 2 day before consultation. Doesn't make sense. It's a scam to keep your money. I'm cancelling my credit card. And will only pay where check into a hotel or make reservations with the hotel itself. If I have to pay more for better service I will..... I wonder if the people that run this site book from this site?

kimb386
5/25/15

Beware when using Priceline, they use Booking.com who is riddled with problems. You will get a foreign country if you call for help.

dlaijnes
5/20/15

beware that buying insurance for your trip is VERY specific..... I've lost 100s of bucks. on the other hand, I've saved 100s of bucks.

mickeyw9
5/18/15

Sunday, reserved a room for Thursday. Fine print: you have only 24hrs to cancel, then they get the money. I had change of plans Monday. No negotiation, lost my money. Hotel couldn't help said "this is what they do", BiG SCAM. Shatner should be ashamed.

katherines11
5/18/15

I understand that I was the one who made an error by clicking submit, but I cannot believe how poorly my situation was handled from a customer service point of view. As a first time user, I was learning the lay of the land and was not totally prepared/ready. I clicked "submit" before I was really ready to click "submit." Priceline selected a hotel that was literally just inside the parameters of where I wanted to stay (aka relatively far away from the main area), and with all of the fees Priceline charges, it ended up being more per night using Priceline than if I had booked directly though the hotel where I could have chosen to cancel. However, none of that is the point. I hit submit before I was ready to, and therefore, did not mean to commit to staying at a hotel. I called customer service immediately, and was blatantly told it did not matter and that my credit card was automatically charged and I was in an irreversible position. At best, they suggested I called the hotel to see if they would agree to let me cancel the request. When I called the hotel, they said they were not allowed to do this because I booked it through a third party. Basically, I feel like the representative from Priceline did not want to discuss it withe me further so sent me on a wild goose hunt to the hotel. I was on the phone for approximately 45 minutes, and found no way to work to an agreement. I understand that it says all sales final or whatever the phrase they use to lock you in is, but it seems to me a good company would stand behind their product and provide you with a refund in the event an error occurs. This was my first and last time using Priceline, and while some people may find success with it, I have found it not worth my time or money to try to get a deal. I am highly disappointed, and plan to share my experience with many people so they can avoid the same thing from happening to them.

seand28
5/14/15

Priceline doesn't care about me or you. There customer service rep "Dominic" told me directly they provide "customer service" for multiple different companies, meaning he or the first agent I spoke with don't even work for Priceline. This is a sad joke. If Priceline cared they would offer real customer service, instead they fake it by using this terrible company. They were unable to help me with a booking issue. Only telling me, "We can't do this, we can't do that." When I simply asked what they COULD do, I was told, "I am unable to share with you the details of my job". I didn't know I was dealing with the CIA of discount hotel booking. Good bye Priceline after many years of using you. I will now choose not to. Farewell.

lawrenceh30
5/14/15

faisall1
5/13/15

On 13/05/2015 I bid on a hotel in Montreal, QB Canada and my bid for two nights was for a total f $190.08 at Crown Plaza Montreal airport after this successful bid, I received an email from priceline that has all my hotel reservation information with the total of $190.08 which what I was bid on. However, my credit card was charged $229.30, I called priceline and asked them why is the price is different, they told me no that is what you bid for!!!! I told them no what I bid for is what I got from you by the email and I told them that I can reply the email for them and let them check it. They refused to do anything or to refund my money and they also let me know that if I cancelled the reservations that they would keep the money! No one at Priceline tried to remotely help! Priceline needs to be investigated!!!

Their customer service & the supervisor who I talked to are impolite, rude, and not even willing to tranfer the call to someone in higher position. They treat their customer like garbage even it is their fault!!! Never use Priceline again unless you want to get fooled like a pig.
Just at the end of my story, I want to say a word of truth "I have used priceline for almost 3 years for booking more than 23 rental, cars, hotels, and flights" and everything went with them peacefully. However, it seems to me that nothing stay good and everything keep changing. Please ovid them and never trust them.

simonj21
5/11/15

After messing up my itinerary and failing to refund, I had to use legal actions against them.

jamesb214
5/11/15

I find I get better deals on Priceline than Expedia for the hotels I want to stay at.

rexf10
5/10/15

rentalcars.com, a priceline company, gave a false price. They renegade on the contract that was in my hand and refuse to give my money back as a no-show. Now I find that 17 out of 17 reviews are rated 1 out of 5...now I see why... I used to like priceline and used the 15+ times a year... this changes my view of them
I STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY

michaelw143
5/9/15

I stayed at motel 6 in grand preiry tx i am not happy there laundry machine was broken no sign no tefund on the money i spent for soap or the machine very unfreindly i was told it was individually owned. They gave me the cheepiest room they had no microwave no fridge that they advertised no movie channels and the motel did have movie channels. Continental breakfast coffie. I do not know y price line is involved with this motel i am thinking about not using priceline in the future. I am a lowel costomer and am very pissed off. I am out 5 dollars they would not give me back.

glendah8
5/4/15

All of my experience with Priceline has been positive. The one recommendation I would make is the ability to choose a non smoking or handicap room when bidding . This is critical to people with disabilities and certain health issues.

sherryl19
5/4/15

I've used this site several times and it really helps in finding a place to stay.

lisan44
5/3/15

I made a reservation through them today thinking I was buying insurance through the rental company. Instead I get to the counter and find out I bought some third party insurance which would be a complete nightmare if I had a claim. Nothing said clearly on the site when you are hurriedly making a reservation that this is a third party insurance, that also costs more than at the rental desk. Deceptive!!

danac31
4/28/15

I was told if I miss the departure flight then everything is lost and no refunds. Seems odd to lose the trip on the way back that I paid for just for not making the departure flight. Since that didn't happen, the deal was amazing but I just wanted to warn others of that.

rogerd41
4/25/15

I bought 2 flight tickets from Aukland to Sydney for $411.00 through priceline for Virgin Australia. Once at the counter I was told the price did not include luggage and that I had to put my carry on in the hold. the price for the luggage $475.00 (on top of the 411.00!!!!). I called priceline and they can`t do anything nor can Virgin Australia. Total rip off all around. I will never again use priceline nor will I ever fly with Virgin Airlines anywhere. I was ready to pay up to 50.00 for luggage which would have been 150.00 but 475.00. As I was paying I asked for 2 seats for my luggage since it was paying more than I did, but the counter lady said they could not do that. the competin airline was approx. 450.00 for 2 tickets, free luggage, free meal and free entertainment (movies...). El cheapo priceline and Virgin these were all extras. Please tell all your family and friends so they don`t get ripped off by priceline and Virgin

christinac35
4/24/15

I get most of my cosmetics from this business. It has just about all you would need or want in the way of hair and make-up items.

karyssak
4/23/15

My sisters and I went on vacation to Walt Disney World in October for our first ever sisters vacation. Instead of driving we decided to buy our flights through Priceline.com. What a mistake that was. Instead of having a completely worry free vacation it started out horrible. We showed up to the airport ready to board our flight only to find out it had been cancelled in August. We were told we would have to contact Priceline.com because that is who we booked our reservation through. 30 minutes and 4 transfers later we were only being told that US Airways had not relayed the information to Priceline.com so it was no longer their problem. Thankfully we were able to get on a flight from Springfield, MO to Chicago and then to Orlando. Instead of dealing with the problem during vacation I waited until we got back. In November I wrote to Priceline.com stating that I was not happy with the results of our flight being cancelled and us not being notified. Nearly two month later we are told that because U.S. Airways is at fault they will issue a refund. YAY! J/K another 6 weeks go by with no news. Unable to get ahold of anyone at US Airways I contact Priceline again. March 25th we are told that yes a refund is being issued as of February 10th and could take up to 2 months to arrive. SO we wait.... Nothing appears in the form of a refund. Once again I contact Priceline. At this point they say give us a few days to figure this out. American Airlines emails us 6 months after our initial contact with Priceline.com telling us that no refund will be issued. Priceline.com will take no responsibility for not only our non-existent flight, but for not handling the situation at all. Instead of having a great cheap experience with our flight booking/handling I have done all the leg work and all I hear Priceline.com saying is "We can't." That is the moto of the Executive Offices at Priceline.com. "We Can't" What I can do is make sure I don't ever book my flights, hotels, or rental cars through Priceline.com EVER again. Be warned people. Be warned.

mourada
4/22/15

Priceline is rib off site. Never again to use them after steeling my money. They made the wrong reservation and still charge me. I had to pay for a room without using it. Rib off company, rib off business. Do not use and if have to be aware. there are no customer service. you are serving Priceline .

walterp13
4/21/15

Most of the complaints and low stars that I see are because people treat this as a regular travel agency (which unfortunately it is slowly becoming but not because of their concept).
Priceline should be used like E-bay or any other bidding site. But you HAVE to be committed to what you want since you will be buying it at that price and under the conditions YOU agreed to. There is no second chances here.
The big problem I find is not with Priceline itself, but with the companies they work with. All major companies are aware of what Priceline is doing. If they are not, then they are still using Commodore computers.
Thus, since the major corporations which have bought out most of the competition, know what the deal is, they CONTROL what Priceline can accept and thus Priceline is becoming less and less relevant.
Only in times of severe OVERSUPPLY does Priceline maintain control and you get the best deals. Otherwise you pay what every other shmuck will pay.
Best advice: DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

tessp
4/19/15

Price is great.

manuela37
4/15/15

I've had good experiences with Priceline.com. Needed a hotel in San Francisco recently, and got a great deal.

It's always a good idea to check around and make sure you're getting the best rate, but I've used Priceline a few times and have always been happy with the results.

williamp63
4/15/15

awesome

robertd117
4/13/15

i visit this site a lot when i book rental cars. it always shows me good deals, but booking with the rental place directly is even cheaper most of the times. anywho, it does provide a good overview over prices and the rental places there are at my chosen location. i always check which rentals are present first and then check directly with them.

billings
4/13/15

Best travel site

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How reliable is is name your own price air ticket with price line? How long is their lay overs? Is the time they book me guaranteed and not to change?
1/24/13
Answer
solb1
A: This post relates to "Name Your Own Price" transactions only.

READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!!

Are there refunds? No, there are no refunds on "Name your price" transactions - so be sure before you buy.

Can I find a better price somewhere else? Yes, you may find a better price somewhere - so check before you buy

Do they charge fees? Yes, they charge fees for the service - but they are fully disclosed before you buy.

Can I pick my exact hotel? No, you pick a minimum diamond level - descriptions of Priceline's rating system is on the website.

Will they finally give in and issue you a refund if you email them 100 times or more (or 1,000)? No. They stick to their rules - if not, then they would defeat the purpose and business model of the "Name Your Own Price" program.

Will the hotel charge you additional fees? Possibly, but the same as if you would have made the reservation through the hotel itself or through another travel site.

Are there refunds? Sorry, the answer still hasn't changed.

I think the vast majority of complaints and negative reviews on this site are due to people not reading or understanding what they were doing. And yes, I have lost hotel rooms that wer epaid for because my plans changed at the last minute but that was understood when I clicked on the "Buy my hotel room" button so would not result in a bad review.

Are there refunds? Keep trying - still none.

How about now? Nope!
9/8/11
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Hi
I would like to make sure that I will have a flight no more than one connection as they stated and I will choose my seats after that
I want to make sure every thing will be fine because I keep reading some horrible experiences from past travelers
for "name your own price"
My flight will be from Detroit,MI to Paris France
5/2/15
Answer
phill327
A: Don't buy flights from 3rd parties, buy directly from the airline, you don't need any headaches or stress if something goes wrong better to work directly with the airline than through a 3rd party
22 hours ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Priceline

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Priceline to save!
Go to Priceline