US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

yosiefk

Always happy, great customer service and better offer. (in 176 reviews)

jesseg

First if you know you need a hotel, always and I mean always use the name your price feature. (in 323 reviews)

donaldl28

I Called Priceline when the charges came thru on the credit card. (in 50 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

erinf28
5/22/16

After trying to plan a vacation on Priceline, all we got is problems and hassle. Their site said after we tried to purchase the hotel room we got an end page that said that "They could not complete our request but our card would not be charged". We got no email confirming this. No confirmation number. NOTHING. Except almost IMMEDIATELY, we had $126 charge pending on our debit card. So, curious, we called the Priceline phone number. And were put through an automated system of HELL. It took us five (FIVE) calls to actually get to a person, and when we got to a person, the female was outsourced from some other country and we could barely understand her due to her thick accent!! She confirmed our reservation was NOT made and that "Our card would not be charged". When we confronted her about "Hey, we WERE already charged, please explain", she then reverted to the "Well, we have to charge the card to make sure the card will work first, and all charges will be reversed in 3 to 7 business days". Right. Except our trip is supposed to be in five days, and now because you won't offer an IMMEDIATE refund, we can no longer go on our trip because Priceline is holding our funds. We can't book another hotel room when you won't release the money!! We are calling our bank first thing tomorrow and pressing fraudulent charges against Priceline. When we asked her about this point she stated that that is the policy and she can do nothing to change it. We will NEVER use Priceline again. NOT. EVER. Stay away. If you find yourself on Priceline's website from Trivago, immediately turn around and run screaming. Priceline will do NOTHING to help you but EVERYTHING to take your money without reason!!

sarak44
5/21/16

Priceline is just amazing 10%10

omniat
5/19/16

everything as promised! with a pleasant surprise here and there

sharonc87
5/19/16

I recently made a hotel reservation through Priceline (because I forgot what had happened the last time I booked through them) for 2 hotel rooms in September. While booking the rooms, it showed that the credit/debit card was just used to book the room but payment would be made upon check in. So I booked only to have my account debited that day. Several days later I decided to cancel despite the costs of over $100. Two days later I called to see when I could expect my refund and was told 7 to 10 days!!! This seemed unreasonable since they debited instantly. The person then tried to tell me that the bank decides when they will credit the refund - something I know is totally UNTRUE since I worked for several banks for over 20 years! Then I remembered I had used Priceline before only to arrive at my hotel and find that my room had not been paid for!! I had to contact Priceline so they could do what they needed to do before I could check into my room!!! Totally unacceptable - book directly with the hotel and save yourself trouble.

janicew35
5/18/16

I like this site alot

elizabethb154
5/18/16

I tried many-times their service and they are superb. They are utmost service provider

slimb1
5/17/16

I'm very frustrated by the customer support .having an issue after a hotel reservation

mikhailb1
5/17/16

There are analogues of this site is much better and much higher quality than this clone

rod1350
5/15/16

We made our reservation in February of 2016 for a car (this week) in May 2016. We originally tried to cancel our reservation but PRICELINE told us we couldn't, so we kept it . We called multiple times to ensure he reservation was still good, including the week before. Each time PRICELINE said "yes everything is fine the reservation is still there". We showed up to to Sixt rental car and they had NO reservation for us. THEY looked in their history and the reservation was canceled. We called PRICELINE and the agent said "the reservation was still there". Well obviously it was not, the PRICELINE AGENTS (all of them, including the supervisors) did nothing. THE SUPERVISOR (GINA) AT SIXT RENTAL CAR WAS AMAZING!!!! SHE CORRECTED THE SITUATION ON THEIR END SO WE HAD A CAR AND GAVE US AND UPGRADE. They are going to deal with Priceline on their end!! I will never use Priceline.com again, I am going to share this experience with everyone I know and as many review sites I can find. The worse travel experience ever, and this is coming from someone that travels for a living! Rental was in Orlando, FL

michaelg225
5/14/16

The hotel was given after booking. Priceline said they gave it a 2.5 star rating. Every other site gives it a 2 star rating. We had 3 rooms for close friends and family coming to town for a wedding. I wouldn't let my daughters stay in this hotel. Tried to get a refund or to change my hotel. Priceline said the rooms were no refundable Even though they were misrepresented. It's ok. I'll eat the $300 and use it as a learning experience. I'll spend my money elsewhere from here on.

stephend50
5/14/16

First off, I booked a 2 day stay in NYC through Priceline - NEVER, EVER AGAIN!
I made the reservation to stay at The Gem via PL approx 3 weeks ago, and also took out the extra insurance to cover rescheduling/cancelations, and as fate would have it, I did have to add another night to my trip, so, I called The Gem (3 days prior to leaving), but was told the only room available was a penthouse and the price was going to be $500. I stated I didn't have my card with me as I'd forgotten it, but assumed they'd be able to add a day on as they already had my reservation - they needed my card, and my fault!
Shortly after, I managed to get a room at another hotel downtown, and they also informed me they had rooms for my entire trip.
I got very excited at the prospect of a hotel closer to Times Square and proceeded to call The Gem back to cancel my original itinerary.
They told me I had to contact Priceline as they had the original booking - I immediately did!
PL then told me that ultimately it was The Gem's final decision as to cancelling and refunding; I proposed very nicely, ARE YOU KIDDING, to which they assured me The Gem had the final say.
On my behalf, they then called TG, all of a sudden, TG stated they were not cancelling and I would not be refunded - even though, if we stand by their own cancellation policy of 24 hours for cancellation, they still refused my request; bear in mind that this all happened THREE DAYS BEFORE MY ORIGINAL DEPARTURE DATE!

I blew my top!

I demanded to speak with a supervisor who had problems speaking English, and we argued back and fourth while accomplishing absolutely nothing.

I proceeded to arrive in NYC and my new hotel (even though a lot more expensive than TG immediately upgraded me to an Executive Suite - lovely room.

Sadly though, the next day, I headed off to TG to seal my fate, and boy, was it bad!
The only reason I gave TG 2 stars was for the lovely girl at the front desk, who's customer service was second to none, and I made sure I told her myself too.

The room was absolutely tiny - no more than 10x10 (I'm not kidding); the room smelled of something stale; the bed (I use the term very loosely) was just over a foot off the ground and its mattress had seen better days 5 years ago; there was bedbugs, and I can verify this as I have a photograph, and started feeling itchy shortly after my arrival to the bed; the TV reception was fuzzy, and only 10 Chanel's available with no option to upgrade; the WIFI was a joke and my iPhone on AT&T left me wondering why they had even considered including this as a facility; in my second day, the housekeeper had not refilled my bathroom complimentary shampoo and soaps.

I had been calling TG prior to my departure in the hope they would have a cancellation, and subsequently enable me to not have to change hotels on my second day, and throughout this entire ordeal, I had been in verbal correspondence with a lady whom I won't relay her name here, but she knew exactly who I was upon my arrival, I can only hope she gave me the worst room in TG out of sheer spite, as if not, I seriously cannot fathom why people leave anything but dismal reviews.

Priceline are absolute cowboys who don't give a crap about service and their customers, and The Gem hotel is nothing more than a dreadful experience I pray I will someday erase from my memory.

An absolute shame!

janicef9
5/11/16

I bought a lipstick from Priceline, only to find out when I went to use it that it was a test tube.
Took it back to the store in Yamba to exchange it I was told that testers don't scan but this one did, I was asked a lot of questions like do I have a receipt who keeps receipt for lipsticks this is something you never return what cash register rang up the sale.
Couldn't they have just replaced the item for the tester. Wouldn't have made any difference to their stock now they have one extra lipstick.
Great customer service any wonder a lot of us are shopping online.

sarahl146
5/10/16

They've always got deals, just gotta know how to look. Rented a car on there and flight before. Good deal

sidhek
5/9/16

Decided on a makeover and the girls at Priceline were really helpful in guiding me re: products and use, and which items and prices would suit my budget. Fun!

evelizo
5/9/16

Love the deals you can get, but something a bit overpriced

lauriew30
5/8/16

Had to cancel our travel arrangements due to illness. The airlines refunded our money but when we went to cancel our car rental Hertz said if it had been booked through them there would be no issue, if the car is not picked up the reservation is automatically canceled but because we booked through Priceline we had to deal with them. They refused to refund our money even with a Doctors note. The customer service was not only rude but refused to even discuss the situation. We are out $150.00! DO NOT USE PRICELINE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!

leonardoj3
5/6/16

My recent experience with Priceline was very poor. I call for some very simple information before i booked a hotel thru priceline and the customer service i received from Rep. Debbie ID# COYO0112 was below poor. Instead of answering my question she kept trying to refer me to the website instead of answering my question. The same question i asked her was answered by a very professional Rep from Orbitz and where i made my reservation. I will never use priceline again and will always have a negative view of priceline if it ever comes up in any conversation with friends or associates.

josephr89
5/6/16

They mislead the public by escalating the price of hotel room. It was NOT the lowest advertised price. Their low price guarantee, is nothing but a guaranteed lie! When I informed them of their misrepresentation and proved the hotel was offering a cheaper price to the general public, they did nothing to resolve the issue. Do not be fooled by this company and their lies. Do not use them. Buyer beware!

michellel126
5/4/16

Black con artist money hungry rude people good try to take you for what little money you have and here's your place priceline.com is a piece of s*** f****** company who robs you for your f****** money family from hell you can get your money back no matter what I accidentally tats on my arm after it's been open for an hour and a half to try to close it and somehow I booked a room okay and then they won't give me my money back somewhere in San Francisco at which they won't even tell me where I have a room booked and paid for with my credit card and can't find it don't know where it's at and I don't give my money back and there's nothing they can do about it pieces of s***

stellam23
5/4/16

I booked my flight through priceline website and 1 week later my daughter wanted to join me so I called priceline to ensure she would be assigned a seat beside me on both our departure flight and return flight. The agent assured me that we were seated together. I called the airline 24 hours before my flight to check in and found that we were seated no where near each other and was instructed to call priceline back. I then called priceline only to be transferred several times and on the phone for over an hour. The representative told me I was seated beside her so I call the airline again while the priceline representative is on speaker phone to confirm this and again the airline states that priceline never confirmed my seating assignments causing me to lose the seat and the only seats beside each other would cost an additional $60.00. I talk to the priceline agent who heard every word the airline agent just said only to tell me there was nothing they could do because the initial priceline agent did put me beside my daughter but the airline has the discretion to change it. I told her, the airline did not say that and I know you heard them say priceline never confirmed my seats causing me to lose the seats. Again the priceline representative said there was nothing she could do unless I wanted to pay extra. I expressed I should not have to pay extra to fix their error and asked to speak to a supervisor. The priceline agent put me back through the que where I sat on hold for an additional 30 minutes. I will not only never book through priceline again but will ensure to tell everyone I know about my experience so that they may seek another source for their travel needs.

jeffr861
5/4/16

This is the email I sent.
Customer service is THE WORST!!
They're basically a bunch of thrives, and after they charge you (erroneously), the still offer no assistance. You guys are THE WORST. Charged me for a room I never used when you told me you were going to release the hold on my card. It's unbelievable that I've talked to senior customer service reps TWICE... Monroe and Jason, and all I get off lip service . No resolution.
I will MOST DEFINITELY NEVER use priceline EVER again.
You put a hold on my funds when I made the reservation..... that makes sense...
You told me the hold would be released in 24 hours ... But instead of it being released, YOU CHARGED ME for the room.
Your company is one of THE WORST I've ever dealt with.
I have told EVERYONE I know to NEVER use priceline, and you can rest assured that I WILL NEVER EVEN CONSIDER USING YOU EITHER.
You take my money IMMEDIATELY, and then lie to me that I'll be refunded in 24 hours..... and instead of refunding me, you CHARGE ME 24 hours later.
I will make a report to the BBB and my local and state police officers if I do not get an immediate resolution.
Jeff Richardson
970-324-3795

terriev
5/3/16

I have never seen or had an offer accepted that wasn't better somewhere else.

mikes388
5/3/16

We recently had a baseball tournament and booked a hotel through price line. They put us up at an airport hotel. This hotel was actually part of the airport terminal and the parking fees were $24 per night and we needed to have two cars. After getting our itinerary I immediately called them to explain the situation and they said they would refund the parking fees due to the unusual circumstance. They then gave me the email to fax the receipt and a confirmation number. When I sent it in, they responded with a sorry we cant refund your parking fees. I called them up and spoke to a manager and they still refused and said they would pass it on for further training, but would do nothing for me. Makes me sick how they lied when I did everything up front to make sure this was taken care of.

jojoy1
5/2/16

Ridiculous service. I called customer service to ask for a change to a flight and couldn't get the right schedule so they offered a refund for that leg of the trip and told me to book my return flight again. A few months later, no refund was issued on my credit card, so I called to follow up. There's countless excuses as to why there will not be a refund - the airline declined it (when I paid priceline), Oh.. your flight is non-refundable (yes it is, because the customer service guy even told me how much would be refunded after deducting their 'fees'), etc. etc. Now, I've been on the phone with them for over 5 hours on multiple occasions to 'figure it out'.. always postpone answer, or blame on the airline. PRICELINE.. I paid YOU.. YOU said you were going to get the refund for me.. YOU are responsible!

gloriac39
5/2/16

Have never had a problem, easy and straight forward.

nancym62
5/1/16

I know there is much more to priceline, but I have only used it for booking hotels. I have been successful doing the "name your price" option but usually choose to go the Express Deal route.
I like the feeling of being sent an itinerary after booking. I am "old school" in some ways and like the security of seeing my confirmed reservation via e-mail. All bookings have been successful with no issues upon arrival at the hotel.
Priceline banks your billing information for ease of use. I would recommend deleting credit/debit card information after charges go through, usually within moments. It does not take that long to re-enter info when you need to do so for your next use.

ashleyr70
4/27/16

I traveled from Louisville, Kentucky to Atlanta, Georgia to have MAJOR surgery. Upon choosing my package I first selected my flight. I chose first class tickets; however, after completing the "package deal" I was bumped down to economy/coach. There was no notification under flight details. When I spoke to a Priceline representative I was then informed that the change in flight information is below my package deal information, which includes: flight, hotel and rental. The information is in fine print, six bullets down in a paragraph that informs you of the change. Furthermore, I was told that there is no possible way of upgrading to first class. I called Delta and was further informed that I could not even pay for the upgrade due to restrictions from Priceline. I am now sending a mass email to all of Pricelines "Chiefs".

ananyag
4/27/16

Another antiquated business that needs you to create yet another marginal internet account instead of using top-level single sign on SSO providers e.g. Google, Facebook

dougb44
4/25/16

Best prices and you choose five star or less. Also book your airling and Rental Car and you name the price !

edgard113
4/24/16

I use it for nost of my travel and it is now the easiest to naviagate. I would recommened it

karly18
4/22/16

Even if they e mail you that the flight is confirmed, do not trust them. It happened to me. I was starnded in Beijing, China b/c they made a mistake and my flight was not confirmed as they had informed me. I had to stay one night at airport and get on the plane the the next day on stand-by.

They only refund me the $200 extra fee I had to pay the airline.

You need to confirm with the airlines yourself.

luisr31
4/22/16

My reservation is nearly a month away, but after I tried to cancel; I was told no way for a refund!!! So obviously their system is set up to rip people off!

Mr Ramirez

chrystaw
4/21/16

I've had nothing but good experiences using Priceline. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and the prices are great!

edwardl40
4/19/16

Priceline is quite good company. I feel they provided me best what they can do for me and they did not disappointed me.

seanc67
4/18/16

I love their service because their services are beyond expectations.

williams454
4/17/16

Got my flight and hotel very cheap here!

mandyd11
4/17/16

good!

kente5
4/16/16

I rented a Car at Dollar of Omaha, Priceline posted my cost ext. for Dollar as the cheapest. When I got to counter, Dollar more then Doubled the Cost of Taxes and Fees. I wrote Priceline numerous times about Dollars Poor Bussiness Practices/Bate and Switch. Each time they replied Supporting Dollar with the answer, it was clear they missed the whole pointe of my issue.

jenniferw153
4/13/16

I have used Priceline in the past and the hotels have always fixed their mistakes of bed issues. The hotel staff often make comments of hating priceline. Not my fault! The last time I booked it was for 3 adults and I was not given the option of bed but assumed I would get two double beds. NOT SO!!! I was stuck in New Orleans during an event with no other rooms available anywhere with 3 adults and one king size bed! Istayed on the phone my entire day and evening with the hotel as well as priceline with nothing from either but the customer service and desk personnel sounding like robots ... I am sorry but this is no guarantee of bed accommodations. We are unable to change anything. Now I was more than reasonable. Asked both priceline and hotel (Windhym) to move me to another hotel anywhere in the city. NO ONE WAS WILLING TO HELP!!! RUINED MY ENTIRE TRIP!!!!! Will never use Windhym or Priceline again!!!!!

quinzilt1

4/11/16

Quality is so so.

jodib12
4/10/16

Booked a room on priceline.com. Need a room for 2 adults and 2 children (which I put in the ages of the kids). they booked me a room with ONE DOUBLE BED. Why would I want a room for 4 that only has one bed. Couldn't change reservation since my card was already billed. Hotel was nice but couldn't change it. Had to get another room. I would have been better to call hotel directly, I will never use priceline or booking.com (sister company) and I will tell everyone who will listen....

priorm
4/10/16

My experience was Good !

warrens25
4/8/16

I will never do business with Priceline again. Over the last 5 years I have purchased motels and cars from Priceline with average satisfaction. They honored their side of the deal and gave honest descriptions of the product and I honored my side of the deal and paid. That being said.
The measure of a company is not how it deals with every day business but how it deals with those rare occasions when every thing goes wrong. When the time comes that something goes wrong and the customer has to rely on the integrity of the company the true honor of the company is exposed. That being said.
I can say that my experience with Priceline is the company has no honor and definitely does not have the customers back.
On February 15th I rented a room at the Howard Johnson in Vero Beach Florida. We were moving to Florida and needed a room till the 26th while we closed on our house and got it ready to move in to. Our daughter was with us and because of the cost of eating out we chose the Howard Johnson because it advertised a kitchen. Because of problems we arrived at the Howard Johnson on the 17th but because be already had the room we were fine with paying for the 2 days we were not actually there. It was our fault we were late. We arrived late and on the 18th I spoke to the clerk at the front desk about the fact that our room had no kitchen as advertised. He said, "none of the rooms have kitchens". The fact that the Howard Jonson could not supply us with a kitchen created a significant financial burdon on us so on the 20th I went to the clerk explained we were checking out because the kitchen they had advertised was not available at that motel. The clerk apologized admitted the Priceline add was wrong but said I would have to contact Priceline for a rebate for the six days I would not be at the room.
I contacted Priceline, for the first time and explained the problem at this time Priceline started documenting my complaint. The Priceline rep after a lengthy conversation admitted that the add showed that the motel had a kitchen but did not "guarantee" a kitchen. He went on to state that he would contact the motel and if the motel would do a reimbursement they would return my money. I was then informed that a manager was not at the motel so the motel could not authorize the return of the money for the days I did not stay at the motel (21st till the 26th).
This first conversation set the ground work for how I measure the HONOR of PRICELINE. The basic message was: One, yes your right, our ad said "Kitchen"; Two, yes you paid us based on the adds statement of a "kitchen"; Three, our add said there was a kitchen but our add does not say we "guarantee" a kitchen. Therefore we will not return your money UNLESS the motel is honorable and gives us the money back.
At this point the company "PRICELINE" has exposed it's corporate honor . First, it is not an advocate of the customer because it is willing to hide behind waffle words like "guarantee" even when the add it places in the public view is misleading. An honorable company would have said, we are sorry we will correct the problem and thank you for bringing this discrepancy to our attention. "Your money for the last six days of your stay will be put back on your account." No questions asked other they the showing that the ad on Priceline was misleading.Second, Priceline's corporate philosophy is exposed, that philosophy is "we don't take responsibility".
If you were doing business with a man and he lied to you about the product he was selling and then hid behind the word "guarantee" and then said if Joe will pay me back and I'll pay you, would you think he was honorable or another self centered con man? I believe that you would say the man was a self centered con man who had no honor and who's word you could not trust. A company like Priceline must be held to the same standard.
Priceline in this transaction showed that it has no corporate honor and I will never do business with them again.
There are hundreds of companies that offer the same service as Priceline I would recommend and will recommend in the future that Priceline is a corporate con man and should not be given the gift of your business.

ad6004
4/7/16

I booked a room through priceline... Not only did they put me in a poor area... The hotel had a deposit double the price of my reservation, and it's a 1 star.. I called customer service to see what can be done, Nothing... They apologize and basically said my Priceline deal is final and no refund... I couldn't get a different hotel or anything... To many site to just take the shame Priceline has....

laurat61
4/6/16

Name your price is the way to go!

hallisv
4/6/16

My favorite travel website.

danielles66

Quality travel site.

23 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Priceline staff and other customers.

11 Photos for Priceline