US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jenniferl126

I had a complaint, the customer service department was exceptional at helping me out. (in 160 reviews)

jesseg

First if you know you need a hotel, always and I mean always use the name your price feature. (in 298 reviews)

donaldl28

I Called Priceline when the charges came thru on the credit card. (in 44 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

eg256
2/12/16

I booked a hotel via Priceline and literally two minutes later (this is recorded on my emails) cancelled it because we changed our mind about the timing of our trip. My (Canadian) credit card bill showed that I was charged $372.45 on the day I put in the request and the refund didn't come until four days later when the exchange rate was less favourable, so my refund was for $349.73. When I called to complain I was told that they were sorry, but that's their system... Despite having cancelled 2 minutes after purchasing, I paid $22.72 for the privilege. :(

Tip for consumers: Be sure to use an American credit card... or expect to pay a penalty for cancelling...

lydian4
2/12/16

Overall it was amazing experience.

aaliyahb1
2/11/16

I found best reservation system over here. Priceline is best among all online reservation providers. I shall reorder when I'll need them.

rhondaa9
2/10/16

I am very unhappy with my room that I received through the Name Your Own Price tool on Priceline.com. My itinerary clearly reads that all rooms are booked double occupancy, however I received a single bed room for both my coworker and I. I called to get a double room and was charged an additional $40 per night to get a king size bed and a sleeper sofa. Priceline was very unhelpful and unwilling to negotiate a room change to give me the double room I had already paid for.

dominicw12
2/9/16

It is my pleasure that I avail their services at urgent basis and they did best for what they can do.

jenniferl132
2/9/16

Ive used priceline many times. Never had a bad experience. I love the Choose your price option. Its been more than good to my pockets 9 times out of 10 (can't win them all lol).

moreninc
2/8/16

I am definitely including priceline.com in the list of very unethical organizations. I just rented a car with them for three days for 15 dollars a day. Everything looked great with the offer and deal. However, after paying, I was asked online if I wanted to upgrade to a better car for 18 dollars, not per day, it just said 18 dollars. When I say yes, and approved the transaction, I saw that they actually charged 18 dollars, plus taxes per day. Which means I ended up pay more than double what I had planned. After getting their customer support online I was told the deal is unchangeable and non refundable. I call their customer support to get the same answer. I definitely believe they should be legally liable for the way of doing business. I should be considered illegal to do what they are doing, but I guess they can do as they please. I hope they lost each and everyone of their customers. I am also writing a letter to their customer relations department to let them know how I feel about them. Please share if you care.

randyi1
2/7/16

I called Priceline to book and cruise on 1/28. The customer service rep Lonnie Thompson had sent me the documents to review and accept the cruise details. I found Expedia had a lower price. I called and spoke to another Priceline customer service rep, they would not match it. I asked to cancel my reservation and she said I would be charged $100 cancellation fee. Told her I did not accept the original documents and got no reponse. Tried calling Lonnie Thompson back twice on 2/4 and have not received a call back as of 2/7.

juliak35
2/3/16

I think its good

josephm154
2/3/16

This time I got good services so I am giving this company 4 stars. I hope next time they'll do better than this than I'll be able to give them 5 stars.

jamieb58
2/2/16

Their express hotel deal is very amazing. I got huge discount.

adamj69
2/2/16

I book very often for business and personal and tend to use various travel companies. This time with Priceline I had a to make an adjustment with a car rental (returning it two days earlier than planned) and I was told I couldn't adjust the reservation. This is 37 Days Beforehand. I then requested to just cancel the reservation and, again I was told that I couldn't because of their policy. I thought this was amazing because of the 37 Day notice and the conversation turned into a "Who's on first" with me asking why and her saying 'because of the policy'. I would ask, "what's the Policy" and she would say "that you can't cancel it" .... then I would say "why?" (and repeat. ).
VERY disappointed with the service and their 'policy'. Perhaps a day before would be difficult to manage but, I certainly feel 37 Days is plenty of time to allow slipping past this ridiculous policy.
Many companies offer the same Travel access and deals but I've certainly had much better luck with customer service with other companies both with courteous customer service providers and "policies".

mingmingc
2/2/16

The prices could be better for what you looking for and I think that they aren't that reasonable to me.

mikeb239
2/1/16

What once was amazing has now become just average. Half the time I use this I find out at the desk that what I'm paying is the normal rate. Sometimes, deals can be found.

gk23
1/31/16

They are consistently more expensive than other sites, such as bookings.com, hotwire...

katm23
1/30/16

Usually fly super late or early and their hotel deals great! Their name your own price on flights isn't what it used to be deal wise.

aval6
1/30/16

I must say they are very professional and efficient too. I can easily get their services online just in a click. I never face even a single issue.

jasonw94
1/30/16

Booked a room at Travelodge in Norman OK. Did not get the room I reserved. Sofa bed was broken. Bath faucet broken. Management was no help. Had my two and four year old with me and these people are not children friendly.
Contacted booking. Com and no help there either. The best they said was a refund but that changed to 15% back. On 2 night booking. Waiting still on a call back. 2 days now. Joke joke joke......I would not recommend either service to anyone. It was a total nightmare. Period.
To my wife....sorry it was a horrible birthday experience and we burry my uncle today. Can't wait to see this town and time fading in the rearview mirror.

davids455
1/29/16

They provided me amazing hotel reservation service. I liked that.

johnb533
1/29/16

You have to look for deals all the time---This site is good for that

josephm151
1/28/16

They are best service provider, whenever I hired their services they did fabulous job.

patd38
1/28/16

My booking was for a 3.5 star hotel in London for 4 days in Dec. 2015. It was an "express" deal, meaning that the name of hotel would show after the non-cancelable booking was paid.
Pricelines website for this advertised deal showed "similar" hotels as Hilton, Doubletree, etc. The booking ended up the Cartwright Gardens - a 5 story walk-up apartment complex. This has a 3.5 star review, but does not comply with the requirements of a hotel to obtain 3.5 star status. It is NOT at HOTEL, it is a special category found in UK called a "serviced apartment" It had no restaurant (studios had kitchens), NO LIFT/ELEVAYOR. maid service once a week, no room service, no doorman, no concierge and no tour bus pickups. One would have to pick up groceries for your breakfast (or other meals) lug your luggage up stairs to whatever floor you were on, walk some distance to the nearest station where you could get the tour bus for the tours of London or other parts of the UK

Immediately when I saw what this was I immediately called to cancel. I am elderly, traveling alone, use cane, and often a walker. The property was not handicap accessible in any way, not to mention having to walk in the dark and cold to a location for pickup and drop off of tour buses. NO WAY was Priceline going to cancel due to the inappropriateness of the facility (as well as misrepresentation of 3.5 stars). Even my bank called to try to get it off credit card. The same rote, reading of a script of how it was IMPOSSIBLE to cancel. Priceline wanted me to arrive at facility, and if the facility could not accommodate me, then they would find another place (losing time, having the need to immediately book something and high prices.

Out of duress, I contacted the facility, Cartwright Gardens, and explained the situation (along with the booking partner, Agora or something like that). After several emails, they very graciously instituted the cancellation (they didn't need me at 9 pm showing up being unable to climb stairs and lug luggage - and needing to figure out what to do next).

Priceline sent an email for the cancellation --- very RUDE and unpleasant, stating that this was quite an exception and not to expect any such consideration in the future. With Hotels.com (who has NEVER given me grief) along with so many other sites to book = why would you ever use Priceline? Too bad, I had a few decent experiences before, but this was way over the top and I'd never go back.

grahamj14
1/27/16

We travel frequently and decided to use Priceline this time. It was easy to use and very quick. The hotel was exactly what we were expecting. I was happy with the service. I will definitely be using Priceline in the future.

ml63
1/27/16

I have never found a good deal on here... when I go straight to the hotel or airline sites... they are offering the same deals! So, why give them a chance to screw up my reservations? !

jessicah100
1/27/16

good - but customer service sucks!

andrease1
1/26/16

I have used the Priceline site many times, and it remains my go to because of Express Deals.

arnoldw15
1/25/16

I love being a customer of priceline.Your services are very precious and efficient too. You guys are really doing great job.

kens86
1/24/16

Priceline is misleading Canadians. They appear on Canadian websites offering rooms in comparison to other providers in Canadian dollars but when you book you may think you have found a better sale price. They change without telling you that price is now in US dollars. Notified them immediately of the problem and they refused to do a thing about it. You are caught in their trap. Stay away from these clowns!! Especially if you are a Canadian!

hsut
1/23/16

I get the express deal of hotel of pantages. I choose this option because it similar price as the other offer but it is marked as "free wifi". Turns out it needs to pay for the Wifi for each person for each device. I call Priceline. They told me it is normal, because the free means only the free wifi in public. I know some hotels have only free wifi in public, but is should be stated as what booking.com or expedia.com or whatever the other website all marking it cearly as "free wifi is only in the public area".

How can you trust this compay? would it possible that they told you it is free parking but it turns out is free parking in street (when it is available)?

Feel sorry to this cheating company.

katym14
1/23/16

very nice service! keep it up

hedac
1/23/16

The worse company ever.. They take advantage of people .. I called spend more then 4 hours in the phone for a refund do to a winter storm.. Call 3 diferentes airlines they did it in 10-15 min .. After 3 hours and 3 horrible customer service people from this thiefs I still waiting for my money

jacobs71
1/22/16

Best budget hotels with world class hospitality is such a great price.

donl50
1/22/16

Ahhh...sunshine, beach, etc! Thought we'd get a good deal in Condado, San Juan, and voila...great deal from Priceline...so we thought. Sheraton at convention center...far from beaches, can't walk so have to take taxi...any savings go to them. Called Priceline to complain and voila! Whatever we said fell on deaf ears, they wouldn't change anything, didn't care in the least, like talking to robot drones. No apologies just a strict business line. No way for seniors to be treated. Won't deal with PRICELINE ever again....William Shatner should be beamed out no up.

stephend45
1/22/16

Called to cancel hotel reservation, because our flight was canceled due to severe winter storm. Gave all my information to the priceline employee, but was told by that person to call back because no one at the hotel had the authority to cancel. I asked why I had to call back, since Priceline had all my information, all they needed to do was cancel with the hotel. They insisted I had to be on the phone when they contacted the hotel. In my view this is their attempt to hassle the customer and make cancellation as inconvenient as possible.

davidm375
1/21/16

Over 2 hrs on HOLD to change a name on a ticket, yes they will probably charge me 3 or 400 dollars to change a name and call over 2 hrs on hold good service. I have been through this a few days earlier when on hold for only 1 hr and 10 minutes and was promptly put on HOLD with another department, was assured I was on the top of the list and after 15 more minute had to hang up. GOOD LUCK trying to get any service AFTER you give them your money

Tip for consumers: DONT use this site many others with same prices

jenniferl126

samanthac51
1/19/16

Good deals to be found here

kevins137
1/19/16

Good service for the decent prices

mikeu7
1/18/16

they promote that you can save 40% on flight with name your own price... i have gone so low as to they wont even give 10% on the flight we are gonna need... really bad really untrustworthy promotion..

miket113
1/18/16

I reserved a room to stay between air flights with Priceline. The property I reserved was much less than the property that Priceline represented. Looking for clean safe place to stay, but this property resembled a 24 hour laundromat with a gravel lot. I've been a long tile Priceline customer, but will try another venue after being duped on this reservation.

williamf69
1/18/16

I will not recommend my worse enemy to use Priceline. I was purchasing a ticket for my bachelor party in Las Vegas. The dates that I put in were a Wednesday March 16th and to return Sunday March 20th. I entered in the name your own price, the dollar amount I entered was not accepted. It suggested that I change my arrival time to be more flexible. The arrival time would have me leave as early as 5 am the morning of March 20th, and return as late as 2am on Monday the 21st. The next screen says price has been accepted, but the flight has me returning on Tuesday morning the 22nd, 2 days after what I entered. Because you use the tool it makes you purchase the ticket without review. The issue I have is it is misleading to put in dates and then the tool to completely disregard it. I called customer service and the 2 representatives I spoke to did not listen to the issue I had, they read a script to me. Their was no dialogue it was me ask a question, followed by a script that did not relate to anything. The next day I receive an email stating that they are making a one time exception to let me cancel my flight for a $200 fee. So an error on their end will cost me $200? That makes no sense. This is a complete scam and I think others should know this.

oscarr37
1/18/16

Whenever I needed urgent travel arrangement. You guys helped. So you guys deserve 5 stars.

abek6
1/18/16

I tried Priceline and they did produce the best airfare. The only downsize was that the flight had 3 stops. I was not in a hurry so having 3 stops was not a problem. They beat other sites by at least $50 on my trip.

jamesf140
1/16/16

These guys are very good.

marieb71
1/16/16

I gave it a 3 because of the way you "bid" on rooms,car rental, etc. I've won a couple of good bids but I don't like the way you pick your price but you can't request a certain area around town. I booked my husband in Detroit and even though I ask for at least 3 stars, the room he got was in downtown Detroit between the airport and highway....very noisy for the price. Just be careful.

chrisd153
1/14/16

I use price to book a room for January 14 2016 but when I received my comfiermation they had book it for December 24 2016 o call price line they told me to call the motel in which the motel say it was nothing they could do and call price line back in which I got a lyning customer service person I told them I was traveling why would I need a room for that date I ask them to just cancer the room and put my money back on my card they said they could because the motel wouldn't but the motel told me they would because they had be having troilbe with price line them not knowing I was at the front desks of motel until I put them on the line then they still gave me the run around I just pay for the room with cash and call my card company to try get my money back so if you wise don't use this rip off company

samuelp20
1/14/16

It was my second time I availed their services. This time I noticed huge improvement in their services. Keep improving and best of luck.

bobz13
1/14/16

I've saved about $50 on a hotel room and $140 on a flight in the last six months by bidding on Priceline. Try it, even if you're not a William Shatner fan.

irfanj1
1/14/16

Made several bookings through Quidco, following the correct procedure and very carefully (disabling blockers, plugins and even my AV).
All my transactions tracked in the Quidco system, however 2 months later they refused all cashback, and said there is no proof that the transactions were done through Qudico. Even though they are tracked in the system. Sadly Quidco were not prepared to do anything, and fobbed me off.
I have never had any of these problems through other major accommodation booking sites such Booking.com / Trivago,com / Expedia.com.
My honest advice, dont use Priceline.com unless you have to. DOnt support companies that behave in this manner, with dishonesty.

joshuam75
1/12/16

I love the deal option to find a vacation in your budget!

18 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question