US Government's NSF

800 Connecticut Avenue
Norwalk, Connecticut 06854, USA
Tel: +1.2032998412
hostmaster@priceline.com

People interested in Priceline are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

shobithac

Priceline is TOPLINE and the No # 1 in Customer Service. (in 140 reviews)

jesseg

First if you know you need a hotel, always and I mean always use the name your price feature. (in 233 reviews)

lawrenceh30

The deal I got through Priceline was nice, got a nice hotel room and easy flight to Vancouver. (in 88 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

frankz21
8/26/15

I rented a vehicle for my eldery inlaws travelling with their 86 yr old mother. They were meeting us in Mrytle Beach for our first ever family trip. Grandma was having diabetic issues the day of the trip and in rushing to the airport, my father in law forgot his license and when they got to the airport in MB, they were not allowed to rent the vehicle. Even thought my mother in law was the one the reservation was under. Numerous calls were made to Priceline over two hours and yet they would not budge and the rental company could do nothing since it was a Priceline reservation. Grandmas medicine was at the condo we were in and she was starting an attack yet Priceline did not care. I had to pay with my credit card over the phone for another rental and have been trying since June to get them their $200 back. I wrote the VP of the company for rental cars and only some secretary wrote me back and said the same thing as all the calls. I understand it was our error gramps did not bring his card, but given the circumstances I believe an exception can be made. I manage a call center and make exceptions from time to time so dont give me there are NONE. Do not use Priceline. What kind of company leaves the elderly out on a limb with medical problems, regardless of whose fault it was. Shame on you Priceline.

jonc51
8/24/15

I needed a room in College Park, MD so I bid on Priceline and got one. The only problem is that it was in Beltsville, MD and not in College Park, MD. They don't tell you clearly that surrounding towns are included, or a part of, another town (they make stuff up to suit them best). Instead, it's disguised very deceivingly on a map that nobody really looks at - which is why they do it. Make sure you read and look at everything and go over it with a fine tooth comb before placing a bid. Beltsville was 15 minutes from where I needed to be. Normally this would not be a problem but when you factor in the commute with beltway traffic it becomes 45 minutes away. I had to book another location - not with Priceline and I'll never use it again!! I submitted a fraud charge with my CC company - I don't really anticipate getting it back but making Priceline take the time to go through the motions with paperwork I've just created for them is satisfying. I would encourage anyone and everyone to do that.

jamesc234
8/20/15

Booked room in Defunak Springs Fla.To go to friends funeral.Had been there before.I knew where I was going.Had conformation number with correct address,When I got there Priceline had me booked in another motel fifteen miles away in another town.The motel I wanted was full so Price line booked in another town and did not notify me.From now on will call motel myself to reserve room.This is second time in a year to happen to me with another travel site.So beware.

tims86
8/17/15

Cool prices, great deals! Not using it very often, but when I do - I love it!

benk43
8/17/15

I reserved a vehicle with e debit card which they accepted gladly. Only to find that AVIS would not honor it and left me in a lurch. I do not own a credit card since my Paypal debit card has always worked well for me. It was really nice to hear the "customer service rep" state that it's basically my fault that I don't have a "real debit card" connected with a bank. It's also my responsibility to prove to Priceline that I didn't actually rent the vehicle. If you really hate the person in need of a rental deal, recommend priceline. To follow up Enterprise would take my card but wanted to charge me DOUBLE since I was at the airport and already screwed. Priceline could have a notification or simply disregard cards that their vendors do not accept. They basically screwed me on the off chance I would have another card to use. It's bad policy.

nancyp58
8/16/15

Was supposed to get two beds, when called the Holiday Inn @-1 361 882 1700, in Corpus Christi, Tx, I was told no we get a King bed and we need to contact a third party nooker, which was Priceline. So we will nunk in the same bed. Not cool. You suck. And our trip is aug 28~30.and you suck Holiday Inn Shoreline for not even trying to accommodate. If I could give you a 0 for lack of coutesy, I would.

justinw28
8/15/15

Ok, not more. Service is good, but not enough

jeffreyd17
8/14/15

They made sure that I was happy with everything they had done.

gloriettaa
8/13/15

price higher

paulal25
8/10/15

I used the "name your own price" option and bid a bit higher than I wanted to, especially knowing that an added charge of around $12 would be tacked on for tax and fee but I went ahead and did it anyway. The tax and fee is something that is known and it is shown to you before you book it, so there is no complaint there. But the motel I got was a dump and they had the gall to ask for a "resort fee" of $10. They said it was for breakfast, internet etc. The breakfast was a joke....Outrageous!!! I have heard of resort fees, but not at a one star motel. I called Priceline about this and of course they said that there was nothing they could do about it. Bull!!! I suggested that they have the hotels add their "resort fee" to the original price and he gave me some song and dance about how that wouldn't be possible. I said it wasn't fair that I should get hit with this. I said, "what if they wanted to charge $100 extra for everything, such as the watching T.V., taking a shower, etc. I'd have to pay it because they know they have me over a barrel. The customer is at their mercy and you don't want to correct this? Don't you care about your customers? The prices for these dumps are getting higher and higher and now with the possible added "fee", I won't be using "name your own price" again. I'm not willing to take that chance. IMO, if I don't use "name your own price", I don't see the point in using Priceline at all really. AirBnB seems to be the better bet.

{

leahs17
8/8/15

Priceline you are really do excellent work. You are precious for me.

gillesh4
8/8/15

Awful customer service - they dont stand by their sales.
Booked a car to be picked up today - none available-
customer relations could not help secure another car booking -they were just useless and didnot care.
never again we will use Priceline

ryanm76
8/5/15

Prices are huge on some products and normal on some product. Quality is also fine.

cherylk16
8/4/15

Neede to rent a car on a recent trip. Went through all the sites and saw most prices were very close. Went through HotWire and they promised a car for quite a bit less. Booked and found out that my rental would be with Hertz. Hertz was advertising the car I got for over $100 more than I paid.
So worth it for a rental car

mattb86
8/4/15

I would avoid buying any insurance offered through priceline. They will tell you it covers you, when in reality it may not and the policy will leave you hanging for any additional hidden fees (and there will be some). Plus if you have a claim, the paperwork to process it will be very cumbersome and time consuming. No truth in advertising with them.

rayf19
8/3/15

I had to make reservations at a short notice in a very small town in Texas. Being that I was not familiar with the area nor were there the normal hotel chains like the Marriot or Hyatt in the area, I used Priceline. After arriving, I had to cut my trip short and Priceline refused to provide a refund for the night I didn't stay there. Not only that, Customer Service does not allow you the ability to talk to Supervisor or take your complaint to a higher authority. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!

deannaw3
8/3/15

I am in the airline industry and this site give you as good a price or better than if you were and airline employee!!!

alokn
8/2/15

I rented a car through priceline and it gave me a nice deal with AVIS rental car. As mentioned by priceline insurance was not mandatory however when I went to pickup car the girl they don't go through other insurance companies and insurance was mandatory so I had to spend more money on insurance than on my car rental. I will never use priceline service again,

chil13
8/1/15

Sharing what I sent to corporate with 0 response from them:
My fiancé and I were trying to celebrate our anniversary in Atlantic city. We booked a room a month in advance under his name. We got an email at noon saying our credit card wasnt working so we updated the payment method at 2:22pm. We blew a tire 10 minutes from the hotel, called the hotel to let them know our situation, they assured us it was okay. Then 20 minutes later, they call us to tell us they are canceling our reservation due to not having a valid credit card on file by 6pm and then he hung up on me. I don't care about Priceline telling me it is the hotel's fault. I work in a call center and one of the sacred rules is to accept ownership of whatever the customer is calling about. Except when I called Priceline/Booking, they told me that it wasn't their fault and no one offered to reaccommodate us. They instead sent us an email of an available room elsewhere more than double the cost. We were hundreds of miles from home with nowhere to stay. We then found another place on Priceline under my name. We were able to book, but when we showed up, the clerk said there were no vacancies. He did not offer any alternative at all. Just said it was impossible that I could have made the reservation when there were no rooms available. Needless to say, we were panicking. The worst of it all is that I WAS STILL CHARGED FOR THE ROOM, which left me with no money for the remainder of the trip. We had to stay in a sketchy motel with bedbugs. I need Priceline to make up for this. This was the most terrifying and devastating weekend of my life. It was supposed to be a celebration of love with my future husband. I will continue to reach out to Priceline, and make myself heard until someone makes up for this tragic weekend. 20% isn't going to cut it. Your escalation team refused to help me. They left me with no choice but to take some deal that was useless to me during the weekend since they couldn't find other accommodations for me either. If I don't hear anything back after pouring my heart out, I will share my experience with the world so that maybe I can save someone else from the devastation that my fiancé and I had to endure. Thank you.

phild25
7/31/15

PLACED RESERVATION THRU PRICELINE, 5 MINUTES LATER NEEDED TO CHANGE, WOULD NOT CHANGE WITHOUT A FEE OF MORE THAN ORIGINAL RESERVATION, ASKED TO TALK TO SUPERVISER GOT PUT ON HOLD FOR OVER AN HOUR BEFORE BEING TOLD HER PHONE WOULD NOT TRANSFER MY CALL,
CALLED BACK AND PUT ON HOLD AGAIN
NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

craigd25
7/30/15

Had a wonderful and easy experience . The check in was okay and the process was fast . I would defiantly use it again

briana77
7/29/15

If you really don't have a hotel in mind and are traveling to Chicago, use Priceline. My wife and I go to Chicago all the time, and we just pick the area of downtown we want to stay, and then usually save about 1/2 of what we would usually have paid.

paulm208
7/27/15

Have you ever had an unexpected change in travel plans not in your control? If you it happens with this company, you are absolutely SCREWED!

My flight was canceled ... on the day of my trip ...

Called Priceline for assistance, this is how the conversation went ...

Me: Hi, my flight was just canceled and I am not sure what to do - can you help?
Priceline rep: Yes, I will be happy to help you cancel you reservations.
Me: No, I am not trying to cancel, my flight was canceled. Can you please help me with my options?
Priceline rep: Why did you cancel your flight?
Me: I didn't cancel my flight, the airline canceled my flight?
Priceline rep: When did you cancel your flight?
Me: I didn't cancel my flight, there is an issue with the flight and I am trying to figure out what to do next.
Priceline rep: Ok, I will contact the airline and cancel your flight for you?

Four representatives later and 1.5 hours on the phone, this story repeats itself.

Conclusion ... I had to spend an additional $700 to change my flights. Priceline could care less, offered no assistance, and just gave me the run around.

Never again will I use their service.

jimw78
7/27/15

Many years ago I had two or three very good experiences with Priceline. However, over the last few years Priceline has become pretty much useless. The ads say "Rental Cars from $7" Rates in major cities are nowhere near this and not, as they say, up to 40% lower. Might just as well shop the specials from the car companies.

soniar12
7/27/15

This is a discount for hotels/travel. They do not tell you that they charge Canadians booking a hotel in Canada in American dollars.

There is no deal! The pay the hotel in Canadian dollars but take in American. You will not notice the charge until you have already given all your credit card information.

sherryb22

BAIT AND SWITCH...
Quoted and reserved a car in Glasgow Scotland for one price-but charged double when we picked up the car.
No one through Priceline or Fox Rent A Car would stand by their original quote and we were forced to pay the final receipt with unbelievable surcharges and commissions that Priceline hadn't shown on the original reservation!!!

richarde23
7/25/15

..get you crappy rooms!

sarahe33
7/24/15

When making travel plans DO NOT use priceline.com. I tried to change a flight and checked the fares before I did, to make sure then hadn't skyrocketed. Fortunately they were only $50 more on the same airline. They tell me that to change two tickets it would cost $2,900! That includes a $200 per ticket change fee from the airline, $30 per ticket "processing fee", leaving a fare difference on each ticket at 1,220? The flight on their site remains $949, even after being refreshed as I speak to them on the phone. They couldn't explain to me how they got that number. I've been on hold after asking for a supervisor for an hour now. Priceline.com are thieves. And of course the airline can't help me because they can't change tickets that were issued by priceline. Great, business practices priceline. From now on I will use them to search for flights then go to the airline directly to buy my ticket.

albertm55

easy and good job.

rubyh21
7/22/15

I've use Priceline quite often whenver I am looking for some good hotel deals. So far, the ones I've stayed at are nice and clean - and got it for a good price!

lilliamr
7/22/15

Clean and beautiful hotels I always prefer search on Priceline before take decision

fisherd
7/22/15

Front desk staff very polite and helpful, the entire property is clean, and the rooms are nicely updated. Comfortable bed, good breakfast with typical waffles/fresh fruit/cereal/yogurt/ juice, with fare display as most choice hotels do wherever you go. I had a very good experience and would stay here again.

Tip for consumers: “Newly Remodeled, Great Value, Great Location and Clean with nice breakfast!”

suet25
7/21/15

The site is great and very easy to use but whatever I seemed to want to order was out of stock, including the goodie bag offer which I tried to access on day 1 with no luck. I'll be sticking to in-store from now on!

rosauroq
7/21/15

Evry thing you love to have!

deanm59
7/21/15

A good place to get good prices on hotels and flights also much more ...I trust the site.

maxm62
7/19/15

I recently gave Priceline a second opportuntiy. The first about a year ago with car rental. Then I picked the car rental company but ended up another company was the provider. They had several hidden charges in there agreement. Almost double the cost. Priceline refused to even acknowledge that was problem switch providers.
Well, I just tried with Hotel in Atlanta. Deal comes up to choose 3 or 4 star with dollar value beside each. Remember you don't know the hotel until you pay, so you can't check the indiviuals extra charges( which are higher if you book using priceline.com) 4 star for a savings of 38% quoted by Priceline. Hotel charged $32/ day valet parking and self parking was $22/day with charges having to be paid everytime you left the garage. If you come an go you could pay $8 each hour x 10 trips and that would be 80. The hotels didn't provide the room quote. PRICELINE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS USED TO TAKE YOUR MONEY.

rjp1
7/17/15

DO NOT USE, I booked a trip on Priceline.com they changed the return flight to what was convenient to them (i did not notice) until i went to print out my boarding passes, I contacted them and they could not do anything. the return flight was a month not a week later. I had to buy 3 more return flight tickets, now that i am back home I checked my account not only did they charge me over a $1200 dollars for the flight, but they cancelled it and I had to stay up all night to get it reinstated (even though i NEVER cancelled it) they then refunded me $574.02 on the day of the flight. but then charged me a additional $782.68 5 days after i returned. after being on the phone with them for well over 3 hours. 2 hours on hold, they said it was THEIR mistake but I need to wait until they are ready to refund my money when asked to to elevated i was told that their was no one higher than a level 1 supervisor. I went to Priceline for a discount flight but it ended up costing me $1200 more than booking thru the airline. save your self the headache DO NOT USER FOR AIR TRAVEL

steveh118
7/17/15

I did a bid for hotel rooms last week and got a great deal for me and the family.

mikec163
7/17/15

Booked a motel in Penticton, Canada. The pictures online are misleading.
When we arrived at the motel and called them, they say those are ALL Room types that Motel has, not necessarily what we payed for, even though it is under OUR room type we booked (and other room types have their own Different pictures too). Asked if we can cancel without penalty, they refused and just hang up the phone!
We ended booking an extra room in another hotel 50 meters away, which is 50 dollars cheaper and closer to the lake.

Not sure how this kind of company can survive?
But definitely it was the last dollar they got from us.

nickl47
7/16/15

I had issues with my car rental---Ordered large car and got little compact---I was stuck with it all week!

faeema

EXPEDIA MUCH BETTER

lisal108
7/16/15

I recently booked a car rental reservation through priceline with full intentions of not needing to make any changes; however when you are traveling with aging parents things happen. I called to ask if I could just change the dates, not cancel, no refund....Just a date! I was told that in the contract I agreed to no changes. So I am out over $500, and needing to spend additional funds to rent a car for the following weekend. Buyer beware....it is not worth the few dollars you save to risk the potential loss. I have been told sorry, nothing we can due... I call BS on that! Looking for a new car rental company.

ameliaq
7/13/15

i would use more time also. if it will improve quality of products. current products quality is just okay not so good.

leom44
7/9/15

I have only used the "Name your own price" service so my review is for that only. It is a great resource to save money on travel if you READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS and understand exactly how it works. When you name your own price and your bid is accepted you have purchased the room, car, or ticket. There are no refunds or changes. You cannot pick the exact airline, rental agency, or hote but you can set minimum quality or levels

maryb183
7/7/15

This fraud of a company advertised that they will match the price if it's cheaper. My ticket was 100 dollars more from this rubbish of a company and they say that although the other flight is the same exact flight in terms of arrival and departure it has a different layover so they will not refund the difference. And I can not cancel my flight although it hasn't been 24h. One thing is for sure I will never have anything else to do with this dishonest company. Stay away if you can. Expedia or Orbit is so much better than them

abiolar
7/7/15

best

lc49
7/5/15

My nephew booked a room for the 18th of July in Florence, Or and instead I got the confirmation for a room in Corvalis, Or. He had the booking sent to me because he is not in the country until the 11th. Now they refuse to cancel the room and refund the difference. This is the second time in the last month they got my services completely wrong. Next time I will use booking.com

geraldr16
7/2/15

It seemed like they had some good deals but it was hard to navigate.

lizw23
6/30/15

The site is not very customer friendly. I have tried to use it a number of times to no avail.

zamarripac
6/29/15

4 STARS HOTEL $ 50.00 USD SINGLE ROONM PER NIGHT

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How reliable is is name your own price air ticket with price line? How long is their lay overs? Is the time they book me guaranteed and not to change?
1/24/13
Answer
solb1
A: This post relates to "Name Your Own Price" transactions only.

READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!!

Are there refunds? No, there are no refunds on "Name your price" transactions - so be sure before you buy.

Can I find a better price somewhere else? Yes, you may find a better price somewhere - so check before you buy

Do they charge fees? Yes, they charge fees for the service - but they are fully disclosed before you buy.

Can I pick my exact hotel? No, you pick a minimum diamond level - descriptions of Priceline's rating system is on the website.

Will they finally give in and issue you a refund if you email them 100 times or more (or 1,000)? No. They stick to their rules - if not, then they would defeat the purpose and business model of the "Name Your Own Price" program.

Will the hotel charge you additional fees? Possibly, but the same as if you would have made the reservation through the hotel itself or through another travel site.

Are there refunds? Sorry, the answer still hasn't changed.

I think the vast majority of complaints and negative reviews on this site are due to people not reading or understanding what they were doing. And yes, I have lost hotel rooms that wer epaid for because my plans changed at the last minute but that was understood when I clicked on the "Buy my hotel room" button so would not result in a bad review.

Are there refunds? Keep trying - still none.

How about now? Nope!
9/8/11
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Hi
I would like to make sure that I will have a flight no more than one connection as they stated and I will choose my seats after that
I want to make sure every thing will be fine because I keep reading some horrible experiences from past travelers
for "name your own price"
My flight will be from Detroit,MI to Paris France
5/2/15
Answer
phill327
A: Don't buy flights from 3rd parties, buy directly from the airline, you don't need any headaches or stress if something goes wrong better to work directly with the airline than through a 3rd party
6/30/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Priceline

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Priceline to save!
Go to Priceline