US Government's NSF

michelleh13

This is the exact text of the IM with Priceline Customer Service:
(in 125 reviews)

jesseg

First if you know you need a hotel, always and I mean always use the name your price feature. (in 191 reviews)

jeremyol

I have utilize the chance for booking the rental car for going to door. (in 131 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

estherg9
3/2/15

I haven't had any bad experiences with Priceline, but they haven't beaten any prices I've seen elsewhere. The only good thing is being able to cancel within 24 hrs - which most airlines/companies are now allowing. So what's the *big* deal about Priceline?

briannam7
2/26/15

To anyone thinking about booking through these idiots don't !!!!!! They over charged my credit card 100 dollars, and won't give me a refund ! $#*!ty services and a fraudulent company if you ask me !!!!!!!!!

luisg27
2/26/15

I booked a room in Orlando through Priceline.com , when I got to the hotel my reservation had not been set . had to wait for them to find it unsuccessfully and what they did instead is created a new one , I asked them to make sure I had not been double charged which they didn't I was triple charged for the room . called priceline who said the reservation was handled by booking.com their sister company ( which I never new ) after numerous attempts to reach an associate who spoke clear English found one that was willing to help and filed a report said I needed to provide them with a statement I did promptly the idiots kept saying they needed it I sent it 3 times then finally got with an associate who said he would send it to the claims department , this was a month ago and nothing has been done , I sent numerous emails which they didn't respond . I took matters up with my bank and they had me close my card to be able to pursue the fraudulent transaction . now I have to change all my card info with other companies that have it thanks to pricelines.com incompetence , stay away from priceline they are thieves .

Tip for consumers: use other method of payment other than you personal debit card .

michellem78
2/24/15

You can be sick have a situation going on and they don't return your money back very upset with their service I recommend that nobody should booked true them you lost your money if you cant be able to use your reservation they should be more human but they are the worst booking company in the world don't use it

Tip for consumers: Don't use they are very unhelpful you have to cancel the reservation because a situation and they don't return back

bridgettef1
2/22/15

I tried the name your price gimmick. Basically you are given a price, but the disclaimer gives them permission to add what ever fees they want on top of the price given and there is nothing you can do about it.

Tip for consumers: Dont do it.

georgeb90
2/21/15

.... that does not care where they stay. But there are no such things a cheap prices, just bad locations. You get what you pay for, so if you do not care about the location, the room or the service, by all means, use them.

jilla10
2/19/15

(The letter I sent to the VP of the company...we still did not receive any refund, not even a partial one).

Attn: Senior Vice President
Priceline
Customer Service Operations
800 Connecticut Ave.
Norwalk, Connecticut 06854

To Whom It May Concern:

RE: Regarding Trip # 218-977-200-10. Departure Flight: 22 December 2014. Returning: 30 December 2014.

On, December 17th, 2014, we contacted Priceline via telephone in order to alter our returning flight on our current itinerary. My husband received military orders prior to our departure, that he was required to return to Fort Bragg, NC, on December 30th, 2014. Initially, when we booked our flight, he was required to return on January 2nd, 2015. We explained this to the representative we spoke to, and he assured us that we could make the necessary changes to our current itinerary, if we paid the mandatory flight change fee of $200, (the airline fee) and $35, (the Priceline fee) per passenger.

After making the alterations to our returning flight, the Priceline Representative stated that our “new total ticket price was $1790, including the changes we made to our returning flight.” My husband confirmed throughout their conversation that this did indeed include all of the costs associated with changing our returning flight. The representative also informed us that we would be charged with our credit card on file, for the difference between our initial flight and the current changes we made to our flights. As a witness to the phone conversation, my husband reconfirmed with the representative, “So this is the total for our new ticket price, including the changes we just made?” He stated that was all that we would be charged. Therefor, we were anticipating the new ticket price to be $1790, as he himself quoted, including the changed flight. He informed us that he would only be billing us for the returning flight difference, the Priceline and Airline Fees. Not once during this phone call, were we ever informed that we would be responsible to pay for the entire 2 person, round-trip fare for our initial itinerary and the altered 2 person round-trip fare for the altered itinerary. This was never eluded to during the conversation or clearly stated that we would pay for 4 tickets total, round-trip. My question to Priceline is, why would be have booked the second round-trip fare for 2 people; when, we would not only have to pay the entire new flight fees, but also the cancellation fees?

If this fact was clearly represented through your customer service personnel, we would have been better off taking a loss on our first tickets, and not utilizing them at all. Instead, we would have booked our second flights through an independent airline, without utilizing Priceline, in order to avoid paying not only the cancellation fees, but also paying for 4 total round-trip fares, in the total of, $3,430.40. As long term customers of Priceline, to say we are disappointed with this situation, would be a gross understatement.

For the past three years, during my husband's active duty military service, we have purchased tickets for every flight to and from California through Priceline. This includes individual flights I booked, every 2 months to NC from CA. I have been a loyal customer, and my husband and I have recommended Priceline to everyone I know as the best place to purchase flights. I will not be able to patronize or promote Priceline to anyone I know, if this situation is not amended. I instead, will have an obligation to inform people of our negative experience with Priceline via social media, Yelp, Google, and every other website that is available for posting reviews.

I do not feel that the representative clearly expressed the charges for the changes we made to our flight. My husband and I only have the opportunity to return home once each year, due to his active duty enlistment in the US Army; therefor, we will not be able to return home next Christmas. After this financial hardship of being charged for the two initial flight tickets, I expect that you will make this situation right, and reimburse us for the initial flight, which was charged in full at $1640.40. I am anticipating your correspondence within the next 5 business days, and if I do not receive a response, I will take further action elsewhere. Thank you in advance for your time and effort in resolving this issue. We have attempted to correct the situation several times via telephone to no avail, and I trust you will correct this.

PLEASE BEWARE AS PRICELINE DOES NOT TREAT MILITARY FAMILIES WITH RESPECT, AND THEY WILL NOT HONOR MILITARY ORDERS IF YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR FLIGHT. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FULL PRICE FOR YOUR INITIAL FLIGHTS BOOKED AND THE NEW ONES. THEY WILL NOT EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU OVER THE PHONE. They also charge cancellation, airline and priceline fees on top of that.

Tip for consumers: Avoid Priceline.com, please utilize other booking services for your travel needs.

markl86
2/19/15

I have bought plane tickets from them several times never had a problem. In fact on two trips I was upgraded to first class. Very enjoyable service.

lottieg
2/19/15

Australia trip ticket 1\3 off that's what I saved I had a great time there and spent the savings on thing I liked

shannons29
2/17/15

Just so you're informed, DO NOT use Priceline.com when looking for cheap deals or any deal for that matter. Priceline is a joke. They sold me tickets to a hotel that was advertised as being in the town i was in but was revealed AFTER i paid for the room to be an hour and a half away, with an address that wasn't even close to my town. They would not refund, credit me, or help me in any way except to take my money on a room i could not make it to. On top of all of that we ended up spending another $38 (not through priceline, just the normal hotel price) on a crappy little room that priceline showed as having a "DEAL" for but they wanted more than what the actual hotel was asking! This was one of their "Special deals". Yeah right! You're going to upsell hotel rooms as "discounted" when it's higher than what the actual hotel is even comfortable asking? Way to ruin our trip and put a definite ($60) dent in our Valentine day, Priceline.com. I've used this website for a while and never had such false advertising. I was hoping with the frequency that i use this site they would be more accommodating with their advertising mistakes, but it turns out they've probably been taking more of my money without me knowing on these so called "deals".

jadep2
2/16/15

I made 3 different reservations in 3 different cities. I was working & required breakfast and internet. NONE of the 3 provided breakfast. Called priceline.... they say it wasn't in the contract/ Even though it states that breakfast is to be provided and it was a guaranteed on the receipt, that is actually hogwash and they will never offer refunds for any purpose ever.

Tip for consumers: Don't even piss yourself off!!!

annan22
2/16/15

I booked a hotel in advance for 2 separate nights a week apart. The first night we arrived the hotel looked filthy and when we got to the room the sheets not only had hairs all over them, there was evidence of bedbugs. We left. However, priceline.com will only refund the cost of one night and not both. Shame on you priceline.com, we left because the hotel was substandard YOU should refund the cost of the room and take it up with the hotel!!

mendyl
2/13/15

I wish to read all these reviews before i had a deal with them, it was totally nightmare i cant forget.

ggi2
2/12/15

I also had a very trouble experience with Priceline. Taking a business trip to St. Louis, MO, I ended up having to stay at a motel because they representative failed to properly book my hotel.

paulinaq
2/10/15

I love priceline! ! I had car rental no one could match their price. I always bit on hotels and I have saved more than 50%. I have always been super satisfied with the 3 and 4 star hotels!

davidm243
2/8/15

Their prices are not always that great, but I have had a good experience with them. Generally most travel sites are priced the same and when one has a sale, the others usually have similar offers.

zohas
2/6/15

very very bad customer service. they didn't cancel the room that i booked by mistake and literally stole my money.

Tip for consumers: keep your money by using other websites

annp20
2/2/15

Have found them a bit slow when I placed an order in Australia, but it came eventually. But much better than their shops!

elisal3
1/31/15

I will never use Priceline again! My husband wanted to surprise our kids with a stayover at the Golden Plough Inn at New Hope, PA. Unfortunately, their baby ( our granddaughter) became ill and it was necessary to cancel. According to the confirmation we were sent from Priceline we could cancel in advance before check-in. When we tried to do that Priceline stated that the hotel required 24 to 48 hours in advance.. It would've been nice if it stated so on their confirmation! Spoke to a few incompetent people there too! Will never use them again!! Very unhappy.....Hotels.com is very reliable....

michelleo10
1/27/15

Very UNHAPPY with priceline. I booked a hotel room. On my original search I put in my accommodations and when I did my name your price they all were overlooked. I wanted a room that has a refrigerator, free continental breakfast and free parking. I was thrown into a room at a hotel that I had no idea what it was going to be. The hotel does not offer any of the accommodations I wanted. The hotel room is going to cost me more then if I went through hotels.com or groupon. Now I am stuck with this hotel and have to pay extra for my accommodations. I would NEVER use priceline again nor would I recommend it to anyone. I give it no stars.

Tip for consumers: If you use the site make sure you read the agreement 5 times, slowly and carefully.

williamh84
1/24/15

I was so incensed I waited months to write a review of Priceline. Apparently truth in advertising is not something that can be enforced. I offered a bid on a hotel, looking for a big savings. The Priceline response was "too little" and came back with an amount that was quite a bit higher, but would be accepted. I took the offer. When the name of the hotel was revealed, I found that it was one block from the edge of the geographic area, far from the action and most of the other hotels. When I attenpted to book a room on that hotel's website, the quoted price (no coupons, no ability to get a special rate) was $4 higher than Priceline's cost. So, all the wasted time with Priceline to save less than 2%. I complained to the BBB, and the Priceline response was what appeared to be an off-shored form letter with poor grammar that addressed a different complaint than the one I made. I rebutted the letter and the BBB response was essentially that the company responded to my complaint and they blew off my rebuttal. I think Priceline maintains a good rating with BBB, but my experience explains how that can happen. All Priceline has to do is make a response, it doesn't have to make sense, it doesn't have to satisfy the customer. I will never utilize Priceline again, and I advise you to avoid it like the plague. I am not surprised to see the incredibly bad rating it has on this website, but I just had to add my own experience.

murrayg10
1/21/15

Go with kayak at one time priceline was good not now they took me 150.00 more then rental car company

Tip for consumers: use kayak

bend64
1/16/15

A great place to shop for discount flights and hassle-free services. This is a go-to site when shopping for airline flights.

gregs70
1/5/15

They are a scam. Charged me $64 more than what they showed on the agreement. Talking to their customer service is a joke. I could hear the manager in the back telling the robot of a person what to say back to me. I will never book through them again.

Tip for consumers: Book directly with the hotel. I found out the room was really $99 and not the $112 Priceline charged. Plus the additional "taxes and fees" they added.

jimmyl31
12/30/14

William Shatner is an embarrassment to all famous people for allowing his name to be used fronting these crooks on Priceline. I booked a Hotel Room the day before I was going to drive to Memphis. 15 minutes later I found a cheaper better Hotel and Cancelled my Hotel through Priceline. They are trying to charge me $104.17 for absolutely nothing. They have no supervisors that you can talk to. I am disputing the charge on my credit card currently. My advice. Book straight through the Hotel you want to stay. DO NOT USE PRICELINE. They are useless and it is a SCAM!

Tip for consumers: Don't get scammed. Stay off of Priceline.

dana410
12/29/14

When we were looking for honeymoon trips I went to Priceline.com and looked at costs. I selected a trip from their website and did NOT complete the purchase of the trip, again just checking prices. But low and behold I saw a $550 charge from Priceline on my credit card statement. I was shocked so I called Priceline and they said they somehow received a confirmation that I booked the trip so they booked it. I told them it must have been a mistake and asked them to refund the charge. They refused to refund me and were VERY rude to talk to. I've never been treated more like a piece of dirt by a company. I also know of someone that booked a trip with Priceline and then they got double charged when they went to check into their hotel and when they tried to contact Priceline about it to take of it they could never get a hold of Priceline. Shady huh? They sent over 6 emails and never got a response. I will NEVER do business with Priceline.com. Not if they paid me. Don't waste your money!

Tip for consumers: Please don't book with Priceline. They are dishonest, rude and deceitful!

adamr46
12/28/14

Never ever use Priceline! They're being added to my list of companies that just don't give a crap! Wendy called, was on hold for 10 minutes and the computer hung up on her. She then called again, was on hold for 15 minutes, talked to a representative, who tried transferring her and Wendy got hung up on again! I called and was on hold for 40 minutes before being put on hold again for 10 more minutes, and then finding out that the department I'm calling closed 17 effing minutes ago! What are they doing about this? Absolutely nothing! Plus during all of this posting, Siri is being an idiot with transcribing this rant! Roar!

cokrop
12/28/14

It is a shame for William Shatner to promote Priceline.com. It is a scam business. I have bought hotels from Priceline, and had been a loyal customer. But this recent experience changed my view of Priceline 180 degree. I got the 3.5 starts of Double Tree Hotel in Tempe, this is clearly not a that level. I have prove of photos of poor caulking work around the bath tub, rusted bath tub. With this kind of level of maintenance I wonder if I should take off my shoes while in the room.
I wanted to express my complain through Priceline chat line, the attendant reply once and disconnected the chat before giving me chance to say anything else. I tried to re connected again, this time the chat line said "all attendants are busy"
I wanted to write review about the Double tree hotel in Tempe AZ on Priceline, but could not find how, I think all the reviews are filtered and rigged.

Tip for consumers: Attached photo showed the Double Tree Hotel at Tempe, AZ rated as 3.5 stars by Priceline.

vanh18
12/15/14

I have been always buying from Priceline however today I am extremely disappointed with your service.
I bought a one way ticket from Vietnam to Sydney, originally planned to depart on 07/02/2015 for $694.40 USD. However, due to personal reasons, I wanted to take the flight one week earlier, hence I called up Priceline and asked to change my flight date from 07/02/2015 to 31/01/2015. First time calling, the representative insisted on charging me $50 (on top of the $30 agency fee) for changing the flight date even though it was stated clearly on the fare rule that there was NO change fee. I spent 30' explaining to her (even though it was very obvious from the fare rule) and she kept insisting on charging that unjustified $50. Not only that, she insisted that I had to pay extra due to fare price differences, even though the price was exactly the same ! Conversation went nowhere so I hung up and called up Vietnam Airlines and they were able to confirm that there was no change fee at all, however they couldn't help me make adjustment to my flight due to the ticket being purchased through Priceline.
I tried calling Priceline again, the day after, this time the representative insisted on charging me the difference in fare prices (which is around $700 !). However at that moment, it is clearly shown on the Priceline website that the airfare prices are exactly the same at $694.40 for either the date 07/02 or 31/01. I questioned her why there was such the discrepancy which was not featured on the live update website? She explained to me that the prices listed on website were not up to date (which was very irrational as a travel agent does not update prices?). Again, conversation went nowhere. I hung up and I purchased the ticket from the Priceline website for the date 31/01/2015 for exactly the same price of $694.40 and it was a successful purchase which meant that the ticket prices were not different as what was stated by the representative. Now, I will have to call up Priceline again and cancel my flight for the date 07/02/2015 which obviously will incur a cancellation fee of $100.
Aside from the unnecessary fees that I have to bear, there is so much time and effort consumed for such a simple transaction that every agent could have resolved easily! What an absolute disappointment and hassle!

tinaf13
12/14/14

seems like most times I get booked at the same price that the hotels offer on sites like expedia or tripadvisor, so whats the point?

azzye
12/14/14

What can I say? Completely disappointed. Booked a ticket from Saigon to Sydney, thinking that this place would be reliable, and actually offer some proper customer service if need be.

Well like they always say - you never know until an issue arises. Want to change the date of the flight, but turns out that on top of the $30 agency fee (okay fine, no problem with that, it was stated clearly), I had to pay a non-existent $50! The fare rules clearly stated that post-April 2014, changes are permitted, without listing a fee.

Customer service quoted the fee required for pre-April 2014, and when I alerted her of that fact, repeatedly told me I was wrong until finally I could get through that it doesn't apply, because it is post-April!

Well she finally said that because it doesn't list a fee, there may or may not be a fee and that it depends on the airline. And she kept on insisting that it is $50. Alright, fair enough, so maybe it does depend on the airline (though it doesn't). Called up the airlines, and sure enough, there was no fee!

Where the heck are you pulling these fees out from?

And on top of that, I was going to be charged a further amount due to 'price differences'. Which is bull, because I had the prices up right in front of my very face, and it was the exact same price. The EXACT same price. Not even a cent difference.

Thought I finally found a reliable place. Hah. You people are even worse than all the other 'dodgy' places. At least they even try to pretend to have arbitrary agency fees. You guys make them up and blame it on the airlines.

Gutless!

Tip for consumers: Stay away obviously. I assume if you book a flight and there are no changes, it is fine. But otherwise, they'll find ways to rip you off.

michelleg44
12/8/14

You may as well save your money and book your hotel through the hotels website! I booked through priceline ASSuming it would be cheaper but ended up costing $30 more than if I would have just booked it through the hotel.

Tip for consumers: Don't book through Priceline!!!

donh48
12/2/14

If I could give lower than 1 star I would. Booked a room, fine. Arrived, checked in and later that day found my plans had changed and I was leaving two days esrly. No refund! Yup, they are forcing me to pay the whole bill. I am a small business and cannot ask my customer to eat three nights when I only stayed one. So this trip I loose everything I was hoping to make. Lousy customer service, lousy early departure policy, lousy company. My first and last experience with them.

Tip for consumers: DON'T

andyn11
11/26/14

We booked a car and read all the details, only to arrive on Thanksgiving eve for our family get together, to find that the rental car agency would not honor Priceline's confirmed rental agreement. I was upset at the car rental agency, but thended called Priceline support only to find that their confirmation is not binding and th ey could do nothing to help. They left me high and dry right before Thanksgiving. No recourse, no guarantee, no help, just sorry. I can't trust them again because they are a 3rd party administrator that can't honor their commitments, and they don't charge directly, so if things don't work out, it's no skin off their back, just leave you hanging.

Tip for consumers: Beware!

jasmina6
11/26/14

Purchased travelers insurance only to discover that only death, severe injury or serious illness documented by a doctor are covered by the insurance which must be filled out in an extensive claim. This was not explicitly mentioned on the website. Even worse, the best price guaranteed is only applicable within the first 24 hours, I looked at the airline 36 hours after just out of curiosity and they were were cheaper than price line! All their commercials are false advertisement as well as their website! Never trust them they are bamboozlers. I spent half an hour with a customer service agent who was rude and not useful at all!

Tip for consumers: Go to the actual airline to purchase your plane ticket do not use priceline, it will be cheaper and they are way nicer!

gm41
11/26/14

I'm so disappointed about a ticket sold by priceline for a flight leaving Montego bay Jamaica to Philadelphia on Air Canada. Bought the 2 ways tickets, and on the day scheduled to fly was informed by attendant, at the airport, I need to have a Canadian visa To board.If This was something with stipulations, why wasn't a disclaimer there? Try on numerous occasion to speak to someone and they kept giving me a run around or cutting me off how would I have know that this flight would require a Canadian visa if there's no notice to prevent the purchase. Air Canada and priceline is together in scamming people of the team money.they are telling me I can not get a flight exchange or my money back..and the Rude ASSOCIATE That HANDLED On Of The Call Kept Laughing As If it's funny. .telling me there's nothing we can do from our end..really I want others to be aware of this scam between Priceline and air canada. .The attendant at airport say daily people come and get sent home because they bought the same ticket connecting flight through air Canada from priceline. .can someone tell me what can be done to get some form of justice.

howardp16
11/24/14

Priceline - think twice before you think it is a great price. Here is what could have been a real nightmare. I tried to check in online with the info provided by Priceline the day before our flight to no avail. It seems they did not issue a valid ticket when the airline changed flights; however, they did send the email indicating the change and provided invalid ticket information.

I called their phone support twice which was so poor that the second support person just transferred me to the airline reservation number. The online support track is below for your "enjoyment".

Hindsight being 20/20 I should have passed up Priceline and just booked with the airlines. I will never use them again. Overall I would rate my support experience range from (0 (lowest) - 5 (great) ):

Having to do Priceline's job of getting a valid ticket issued - 0
Priceline phone support knowledge - 1
Priceline phone support effectiveness - 1
Priceline chat helpfulness - 3

Average 1.25 = F

------- Online chat with price line ------

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have been connected to Sky.
Sky: Hi, Howard! Thanks for choosing to chat with us today, how may I help you?
Sky: Hi, Howard, I have not received a message from you in a while, are you still available to chat?
howard: First do not send me any priceline marketing materials to my email address. Somehow priceline is unable to connect to the airline and validate my ticket. I have spent all evening trying to get a valid ticket so I can check in. Your phone support is awful. I am now on hold with the airline trying to untangle this mess. It seems that the airline changed the flights, I got an update from price line that indicated the new flights. From what I could figure out the agent at price line did not update my reservation with the airline. If the airline cannot fix this mess I will need help from someone at price line who can. My trip number is xxx-xxx-xxx-xx. Note, if I had taken this to the airport tomorrow I would have missed my flight.
Sky: I'm sorry to hear that. I'd be happy to look into that, Howard. Please bear with me while I review your reservation.
howard: The airline is reviewing it now. Please review the notes, if any were taken on previous calls.
howard: To priceline.
Sky: Howard, I appreciate your patience. I have reviewed your information and I unsubscribe your e-mail. Please note that you will still receive emails from Priceline that are related to any reservations made on our website. The changes made will take effect within 24 hours. With regards to your airline concern, I determined that you will need to speak to a customer service agent to get the further assistance. I am going to send you a link that will provide you with instructions on how to be contacted by a customer service agent via the phone. When you open the link, all you need to do is to provide a U.S. or Canadian phone number and you will be connected to a phone service agent.
Click here to escalate to a phone call.
Sky: Howard, are you now connected to our phone customer service?
howard: I am on hold with the airline. I hope I do not have to speak with your customer service folks again.
howard plemmons: What service can be provided through the chat or is it just a channel to funnel calls to phone support?
Sky: I understand, the airline has also the ability to assist you with your airline reservation call our Travel Services team for further assistance.
Sky: I understand that you are anxious to have this resolved and I truly wish I was able to sort this out for you. However, the best department that can assist you further regarding your airline ticket changes is our Air Travel Services Specialist via phone service. They have direct access to the airlines reservations systems. Rest assured that I have documented your concern in your case.
howard: What exactly will that do?
howard: Thanks for your help.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

susanj34
11/18/14

Never again. I was at airport, boarding pass in hand, checked luggage and could not get though gate. I had been "taken off" plane according to British Airways. No explanation as to why. I paid £172 to get flight back to U.S. Not my local airport but one further away, doubling my taxi fare to $132. When I got home I found email from Priceline. Sent two and a quarter hours before an international flight i.e. when already at airport and checked in. Tried to contact you..... Now when I take up issue as to why I was bumped from flight, the insufficient notice, Priceline tell me I accepted to pay £172 and to fly to different airport than the one closest to my house. I did not accept. I am a senior citizen and had nowhwere to stay, and anyway that day, the following day to my airport, all the same price and far too old to sleep in airport. I was FORCED to pay £172 to get back to the U.S. And other than email where are messages on cell phone and/or home land line. Difficult to post a complaint on their site too, very clever Priceline.

Stay away. And customer service made me wait on the phone for five minutes while they investigated. Call me back or is that wait time designed to make you give up?

stephaniem45
11/13/14

I was considering using Priceline's name your own price for an international flight. I emailed them to ask a very simple question regarding adding infant on lap tickets, since Priceline does not offer this I wanted to get clarifiation as to if this could be done directly with any of the airlines they purchase tickets through....so I asked them do all the airlines they purchase the tickets through allow customers to call after receiving a winning bid to add/ purchase an infant on lap ticket? I kept getting run around answers, and finally after the 3rd reply back on the original email one person said no they could not gaurantee it; however on a separate email I sent, another rep said you surely can call them to add an infant ticket (like it wouldn't be a problem). Basically what Im trying to say is if you plan on bidding for a flight DO NOT expect for the airline to allow you to add/purchase an infant on lap ticket. And if they won't let you, then you are either out the money for the winning bid tickets or you have to try and purchase a separate ticket directly through the airline to have a ticket on the same flight as yours, I was very disappointed when I realized this could possibly happen. I figured that Priceline would gaurantee that the companies they purchase the tickets through would indeed add infant on lap tickets with a fee if applicable.

Tip for consumers: I've have never had any problems with using the site for bidding on car rentals.

peggyh13
11/7/14

Do not get a express deal! They will not do any changes what so ever and are very unaccommodating. I even offered to pay the difference if there was any and was turned down flat. I was traveling out of town to see a concert that got cancelled and they told me to call the hotel to see if the hotel was willing to do anything knowing the hotel would not. Just wasted more of my time along with my money.

jd82
11/2/14

I booked a hotel through pricelines name your own price deal and was thoroughly disappointed. The hotel we bid on was 3.5 stars, with the only amenity included being a pool. However when we arrived at the hotel we were advised that there was an additional $10 mandatory resort fee which covered the cost of the pool. The unhelpful representative at Priceline, Louis, confirmed that per their terms and conditions, the hotel may charge an additional resort fee which we are required to pay and would not comment on how the pool was a guaranteed amenity in the price we had already paid. He emailed me the terms and conditions and directed me to read them for any questions. As a first time Priceline user, I feel tremendously taken advantage of and will no longer use this service. Beware of any purchases and know that any guaranteed amenities may come at an additional cost.

michelles66
10/23/14

I have used priceline 3 times using name your price, all were very nice and I cannot complain. So I tried it a 4th time this week, book a room 3.5 star in Tucson, I was sold a room at the Sheraton Hotel Suites at 5151 Grant. The place is a dive, the BED BUG exterminator was fumigating rooms right above the room they assigned us. Mattress was covered in blood stains, room was old and run down. Complained was moved to what was considered upgrade, again blood but this time on the Sheets! Dog hair shed all over the white duvet cover. I called they said non refundable .. I will never use price line again. The hotel is pet friendly I think they gave us the DOG room because we used Priceline .. curtains were stained and filthy, bedding was not clean this place is a disaster.

Tip for consumers: Beware. Dont use name your price, you cant see where you will be staying until you make the purchase non refundable purchase.

jaid9
10/22/14

My priceline experience was horrible....I do not feel as if the representative took time or ownership in my issue. I have dealt with 3 different reps since I made my first purchase with Priceline yesterday and have not been pleased with any of them. I will not recommend this site to anyone nor will I use it again. I have also advised priceline that I will be posting negative reviews anywhere I can. I am very displeased with the service I received. I lost money because of a mistake on the sites end and have yet to receive a portion of my funds back into my account. If a potion of my first purchase was not kept as a 'cancellation fee' then I would not have used this site at all to purchase my airline tickets. Horrible service

renw2
10/16/14

DISASTER!!!!! Consider this a bait & switch site. Spent the last few days trying to book a flight but everytime I picked my outbound & my return & went to finalize it would say the fare just went up. The first couple of times I let it slide because I know this does sometimes happen but, it happened EVERY time. It finally left me no choices on a decent rate so I actually had to change my itinerary. Guess what...happened all over again, & again, & again, & again. How stupid was I to let all the decent fares available on the other internet sites go while I kept trying on priceline! The bottom line was when I contacted their chat site and complained that it was impossible that this happened repeatedly time after time over the couple of days. To add insult to injury the customer service agent was totally not helpful (must hear the same thing all day) and I had to go elsewhere where I got the first airfare I put in for....NO BAIT & SWITCH attempts. For a company that spends so much money on good customer relations what a horror....doesn't bode well for customer satisfaction does it????
P.S. just for fun spent the next several hours putting in for other airfares and guess what each time the rates mysteriously just "went up"
Think we should let priceline know we aren't going to deal with this type of deviousness.

danielm129
10/14/14

We recently booked a vacation package through Priceline.com: Hotel, Airline, and Rental Car. You see the price for the package and you think it is a superb deal well but there are some small hidden fees and other additional charges that are not even exposé though booking. Unluckily, you will find out about the extra charges the hard way after you have already paid/booked the deal.

eunp1
10/12/14

Priceline is so full of crap!!! I made my deal/ offer for a 4 star or up and after making the deal...the hotel that they gave me was anything but a 4 star. AT MOST...it could be 3.5 stars. PRICELINE!!!! Don't B.S. your customers by adding that extra .5 star!!! It makes a huge difference!!!! I would rather pay the extra money to actually get a 4 star hotel!!!!! Now you morons left me with this crappy hotel. 4 star is 4 star!!!! NOT 3.5!!!! Also, customer service for priceline...that's another story!!! They are so rude and pure idiots. They speak from whatever appears on the computer screen...like robots and they don't realize they make no sense...except repeat themselves in difference wording. Hope Priceline goes out of business!!!! Scam scam scam!!!! The Star Trek guy who represents this idiot site should be embarrassed!!!!

BE CAREFUL WITH WHAT PRICELINE CONSIDERS A 4 STAR HOTEL. IT WILL MOST LIKELY BE 3.5 STARS. SPEND THAT LITTLE EXTRA MONEY TO ACTUALLY GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR!!!

Tip for consumers: careful with what they consider a 4 star hotel...it will most likely be 3.5 star. Spend that little extra $$$ to actually get what you paid for.

alexi306
10/8/14

terrible customer service!! After speaking with customer service for a long while they weren't able to provide me with the booking class of my ticket, so I will not be able to claim my miles... Never again I'll book with them, even if i's the best price, I prefer to have a team of proper professionals supporting me and giving me peace of mind.

Tip for consumers: Avoid

tshombaj
10/6/14

The only reason I gave 1 star is because you had to give something. This Company is a RIP OFF. They lie about the hotel choices and there ratings. Customer service is the poorest customer service I ever had. Please check the companies web site or call them directly before booking on here. The prices are around the same if not cheaper. Third party companies SUCK!!!!

brianm98
10/1/14

Bordering on Fraud - They have very deceptive business practices. I tried to book a hotel and found out it was not represented equally on the priceline site as it was in 3rd party ratings - they obviously edit their ratings. They refused to cancel blaming the hotel - when I spoke to the hotel they said they could cancel - if Priceline authorized it. They lost the lifetime value of my business over $60 bucks.

Tip for consumers: DONT USE PRICELINE FOR HOTELS

nicolell
9/27/14

It is my favorite travel company. They are providing good services and online ordered and any emergency reason if you cancelled the ordered the company owners and supervisors arrange facilities for this. You can use this site for booking for your travel. So I really thank full to their service.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How reliable is is name your own price air ticket with price line? How long is their lay overs? Is the time they book me guaranteed and not to change?
1/24/13
solb1
A: This post relates to "Name Your Own Price" transactions only.

READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!!

Are there refunds? No, there are no refunds on "Name your price" transactions - so be sure before you buy.

Can I find a better price somewhere else? Yes, you may find a better price somewhere - so check before you buy

Do they charge fees? Yes, they charge fees for the service - but they are fully disclosed before you buy.

Can I pick my exact hotel? No, you pick a minimum diamond level - descriptions of Priceline's rating system is on the website.

Will they finally give in and issue you a refund if you email them 100 times or more (or 1,000)? No. They stick to their rules - if not, then they would defeat the purpose and business model of the "Name Your Own Price" program.

Will the hotel charge you additional fees? Possibly, but the same as if you would have made the reservation through the hotel itself or through another travel site.

Are there refunds? Sorry, the answer still hasn't changed.

I think the vast majority of complaints and negative reviews on this site are due to people not reading or understanding what they were doing. And yes, I have lost hotel rooms that wer epaid for because my plans changed at the last minute but that was understood when I clicked on the "Buy my hotel room" button so would not result in a bad review.

Are there refunds? Keep trying - still none.

How about now? Nope!
9/8/11
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

11 Photos for Priceline