US Government's NSF

800 Connecticut Avenue
Norwalk, Connecticut 06854, USA
Tel: +1.2032998412
hostmaster@priceline.com

People interested in Priceline are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

shobithac

Priceline is TOPLINE and the No # 1 in Customer Service. (in 137 reviews)

jesseg

First if you know you need a hotel, always and I mean always use the name your price feature. (in 231 reviews)

jeremyol

I have utilize the chance for booking the rental car for going to door. (in 161 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

briana77
7/29/15

If you really don't have a hotel in mind and are traveling to Chicago, use Priceline. My wife and I go to Chicago all the time, and we just pick the area of downtown we want to stay, and then usually save about 1/2 of what we would usually have paid.

paulm208
7/27/15

Have you ever had an unexpected change in travel plans not in your control? If you it happens with this company, you are absolutely SCREWED!

My flight was canceled ... on the day of my trip ...

Called Priceline for assistance, this is how the conversation went ...

Me: Hi, my flight was just canceled and I am not sure what to do - can you help?
Priceline rep: Yes, I will be happy to help you cancel you reservations.
Me: No, I am not trying to cancel, my flight was canceled. Can you please help me with my options?
Priceline rep: Why did you cancel your flight?
Me: I didn't cancel my flight, the airline canceled my flight?
Priceline rep: When did you cancel your flight?
Me: I didn't cancel my flight, there is an issue with the flight and I am trying to figure out what to do next.
Priceline rep: Ok, I will contact the airline and cancel your flight for you?

Four representatives later and 1.5 hours on the phone, this story repeats itself.

Conclusion ... I had to spend an additional $700 to change my flights. Priceline could care less, offered no assistance, and just gave me the run around.

Never again will I use their service.

jimw78
7/27/15

Many years ago I had two or three very good experiences with Priceline. However, over the last few years Priceline has become pretty much useless. The ads say "Rental Cars from $7" Rates in major cities are nowhere near this and not, as they say, up to 40% lower. Might just as well shop the specials from the car companies.

soniar12
7/27/15

This company is a total rip off.

They charge Canadians to book a hotel in Canada in American dollars.
There is no notification that the charge is in USD until you have completed the purchase.
hotels.com has never done that.
Priceline paid the Canadian hotel in Canadian dollars yet took American dollars from us. There was no discount. I have stayed in a 5 star for the money.

sherryb22

BAIT AND SWITCH...
Quoted and reserved a car in Glasgow Scotland for one price-but charged double when we picked up the car.
No one through Priceline or Fox Rent A Car would stand by their original quote and we were forced to pay the final receipt with unbelievable surcharges and commissions that Priceline hadn't shown on the original reservation!!!

richarde23
7/25/15

..get you crappy rooms!

sarahe33
7/24/15

When making travel plans DO NOT use priceline.com. I tried to change a flight and checked the fares before I did, to make sure then hadn't skyrocketed. Fortunately they were only $50 more on the same airline. They tell me that to change two tickets it would cost $2,900! That includes a $200 per ticket change fee from the airline, $30 per ticket "processing fee", leaving a fare difference on each ticket at 1,220? The flight on their site remains $949, even after being refreshed as I speak to them on the phone. They couldn't explain to me how they got that number. I've been on hold after asking for a supervisor for an hour now. Priceline.com are thieves. And of course the airline can't help me because they can't change tickets that were issued by priceline. Great, business practices priceline. From now on I will use them to search for flights then go to the airline directly to buy my ticket.

albertm55

easy and good job.

rubyh21
7/22/15

I've use Priceline quite often whenver I am looking for some good hotel deals. So far, the ones I've stayed at are nice and clean - and got it for a good price!

lilliamr
7/22/15

Clean and beautiful hotels I always prefer search on Priceline before take decision

fisherd
7/22/15

Front desk staff very polite and helpful, the entire property is clean, and the rooms are nicely updated. Comfortable bed, good breakfast with typical waffles/fresh fruit/cereal/yogurt/ juice, with fare display as most choice hotels do wherever you go. I had a very good experience and would stay here again.

Tip for consumers: “Newly Remodeled, Great Value, Great Location and Clean with nice breakfast!”

suet25
7/21/15

The site is great and very easy to use but whatever I seemed to want to order was out of stock, including the goodie bag offer which I tried to access on day 1 with no luck. I'll be sticking to in-store from now on!

rosauroq
7/21/15

Evry thing you love to have!

deanm59
7/21/15

A good place to get good prices on hotels and flights also much more ...I trust the site.

maxm62
7/19/15

I recently gave Priceline a second opportuntiy. The first about a year ago with car rental. Then I picked the car rental company but ended up another company was the provider. They had several hidden charges in there agreement. Almost double the cost. Priceline refused to even acknowledge that was problem switch providers.
Well, I just tried with Hotel in Atlanta. Deal comes up to choose 3 or 4 star with dollar value beside each. Remember you don't know the hotel until you pay, so you can't check the indiviuals extra charges( which are higher if you book using priceline.com) 4 star for a savings of 38% quoted by Priceline. Hotel charged $32/ day valet parking and self parking was $22/day with charges having to be paid everytime you left the garage. If you come an go you could pay $8 each hour x 10 trips and that would be 80. The hotels didn't provide the room quote. PRICELINE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS USED TO TAKE YOUR MONEY.

rjp1
7/17/15

DO NOT USE, I booked a trip on Priceline.com they changed the return flight to what was convenient to them (i did not notice) until i went to print out my boarding passes, I contacted them and they could not do anything. the return flight was a month not a week later. I had to buy 3 more return flight tickets, now that i am back home I checked my account not only did they charge me over a $1200 dollars for the flight, but they cancelled it and I had to stay up all night to get it reinstated (even though i NEVER cancelled it) they then refunded me $574.02 on the day of the flight. but then charged me a additional $782.68 5 days after i returned. after being on the phone with them for well over 3 hours. 2 hours on hold, they said it was THEIR mistake but I need to wait until they are ready to refund my money when asked to to elevated i was told that their was no one higher than a level 1 supervisor. I went to Priceline for a discount flight but it ended up costing me $1200 more than booking thru the airline. save your self the headache DO NOT USER FOR AIR TRAVEL

steveh118
7/17/15

I did a bid for hotel rooms last week and got a great deal for me and the family.

mikec163
7/17/15

Booked a motel in Penticton, Canada. The pictures online are misleading.
When we arrived at the motel and called them, they say those are ALL Room types that Motel has, not necessarily what we payed for, even though it is under OUR room type we booked (and other room types have their own Different pictures too). Asked if we can cancel without penalty, they refused and just hang up the phone!
We ended booking an extra room in another hotel 50 meters away, which is 50 dollars cheaper and closer to the lake.

Not sure how this kind of company can survive?
But definitely it was the last dollar they got from us.

nickl47
7/16/15

I had issues with my car rental---Ordered large car and got little compact---I was stuck with it all week!

faeema

EXPEDIA MUCH BETTER

lisal108
7/16/15

I recently booked a car rental reservation through priceline with full intentions of not needing to make any changes; however when you are traveling with aging parents things happen. I called to ask if I could just change the dates, not cancel, no refund....Just a date! I was told that in the contract I agreed to no changes. So I am out over $500, and needing to spend additional funds to rent a car for the following weekend. Buyer beware....it is not worth the few dollars you save to risk the potential loss. I have been told sorry, nothing we can due... I call BS on that! Looking for a new car rental company.

ameliaq
7/13/15

i would use more time also. if it will improve quality of products. current products quality is just okay not so good.

cindyc47
7/9/15

Folks, personally I can't believe my intelligent sister and brother in law would succumb to these "cheaper price" sites, "book the room now" type deals. DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I have booked a really nice room, I have checked ALL the sites, Priceline, Kayak, and all the rest, and they are NOT cheaper, the price you get is the price the hotel will charge you ON THAT DATE, PERIOD. I don't know what they gain, maybe royalties by you booking through them, I'm not sure if there are really ANY perks for the consumer, but if you check on the price of the hotel on the date, you will find NONE of these places are less expensive. Use at your own will, beware.

leom44
7/9/15

I have only used the "Name your own price" service so my review is for that only. It is a great resource to save money on travel if you READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS and understand exactly how it works. When you name your own price and your bid is accepted you have purchased the room, car, or ticket. There are no refunds or changes. You cannot pick the exact airline, rental agency, or hote but you can set minimum quality or levels

maryb183
7/7/15

This fraud of a company advertised that they will match the price if it's cheaper. My ticket was 100 dollars more from this rubbish of a company and they say that although the other flight is the same exact flight in terms of arrival and departure it has a different layover so they will not refund the difference. And I can not cancel my flight although it hasn't been 24h. One thing is for sure I will never have anything else to do with this dishonest company. Stay away if you can. Expedia or Orbit is so much better than them

abiolar
7/7/15

best

lc49
7/5/15

My nephew booked a room for the 18th of July in Florence, Or and instead I got the confirmation for a room in Corvalis, Or. He had the booking sent to me because he is not in the country until the 11th. Now they refuse to cancel the room and refund the difference. This is the second time in the last month they got my services completely wrong. Next time I will use booking.com

geraldr16
7/2/15

It seemed like they had some good deals but it was hard to navigate.

lizw23
6/30/15

The site is not very customer friendly. I have tried to use it a number of times to no avail.

zamarripac
6/29/15

4 STARS HOTEL $ 50.00 USD SINGLE ROONM PER NIGHT

kimberlyv10
6/28/15

I was quoted a price but when i checked out the price was higher, and when i got to the rental car company I was charged even more...... Priceline is no longer a reputable company in my opinion, their customer service is terrible and there are never resolutions. this is my second bad experience with them. I will not use again.

vivianl25
6/26/15

they used to be great. But now? more of an annoyance. Have had to go back over and over.. waiting with a "stuck" search engine.. then you get your price and it tells you to offer more. What's the point. not worth my time. There are other sites that are as good or better in terms of price.

jessicar45
6/23/15

Awful, customer service was based out of Philippines and I had a very hard time communicating my problem. The name your price tool gave us a $69 dollar hotel for $79 , wow what a savings, NOT! They charged me $10 more. And my insurance that we paid extra for was not even helpful, they said I couldn't even change it unless it was a documented medical emergency. The fine print never said that when they were charging me card!!!!!
Never. Again.

vilmap
6/15/15

love to be their costumer always

terrancej8
6/13/15

comparing website though helped myself getting best price on www.flightforsure.com.

jeanh30
6/13/15

I like using this website.

jol134
6/13/15

One of my favorite places to look for hotels , flights and cars. I have started using Kayak so I can see everything at once and Priceline doesn't always win.

tylenel
6/10/15

Name your price is very exciting and can be a great deal. I just don't like that you have to change TWO categories when your offer is rejected. Otherwise you have to switch devices to keep in same city but up price and lower stars. I NEED to stay in certain areas sometimes.

julissac
6/8/15

Terrible:..................

josephp45
6/7/15

I took a week off from work purchased a 4 day get away. I paid Price-line directly $1100 for Air, Hotel & Car. Spirit air canceled my flight without notifying me. I spent many hours on the phone getting my money back in dibs and drabs. First Spirit deducted $189 "agent Fee" on a $300 flight that they canceled after calling numerous supervisors we got that reversed. Then Price-line claimed the hotel would not issue refund so I called the Westin Missions resort they assured me that had I booked with them I would be refunded if airline canceled flight so Price-line admitted that they were charging the $687 PENALTY for a hotel stay I did not use because Spirit airline canceled my flight they made a one time exception and issued a $687 credit. Now the car although Hertz claims there is no penalty whatsoever Price-line did charge me $15 penalty. So the vacation that I paid for thru Price-line was canceled and cost me $15 penalty.

My friend paid Jet-blue for the same hotel $1200 and had a lovely trip! Lesson learned STAY AWAY from PRICE-LINE!!!!

valerieb18
6/5/15

I feel their prices have been going up, and can sometimes find better deals elsewhere. Overall though, I've been happy with their service.

lucyj13
6/5/15

I purchased an air ticket through Pricesline. And after 1 month, the airlines contact me for their flight no longer operating for that destination. So we have to looking for a different carrier.

Two thing are awful happened.

First, I have to go to LAX airport terminal to return the ticket in order to get me refund.

Second, Priceline won't refund their fees of $35.00 back to me because they said they have no control for the airlines to cancel their flight.

There is totally no protection to use Priceline they want to make money no matter who's fault. They cause me trouble to looking for another carrier within a shorter time that i have to pay more for new ticket and waste me so much time to talk to airiline and priceline. Even to go the terminal to return the tickets. And in the end, they do not even give me refund for their fees.

kellyt28
6/4/15

Addicted thanks to their exclusive supply of Covergirl Aquasmoothers Tinted Moisturiser, don't get it at the regular price though, it is very often on special!

jang31
6/3/15

I have been purchasing my airfare and hotels from Priceline for over a year. The process and experience ha been great. Highly recommend.

dianag25
6/3/15

I strongly believe that Priceline does not care much for making themselves the best out there. Or at least close to the best. You can add me to the "lost customer list". Awful.

debbieh34
5/31/15

Booked a standard size car at LAX through Name Your Own Price. Email from Priceline said the car would be a Chrysler 200 or similar (4 doors shown in picture). Subsequently received an email from Hertz, the rental car company that accepted my bid. They bumped me down to a two door car…seriously?! Spoke to Priceline. Nowhere, when booking this car, was there any indication that they would possibly rent me a two door vehicle. I was told that Priceline has no control over what car you get. I feel that the did not disclose all information, and they DO have control over that. They obviously could care less about their customers. Will never use Priceline again!!!!

maisyc
5/30/15

Good products. Great service.

aliceinw
5/29/15

HAS REALLY GONE DOWN HILL OVER PAST DOZEN YEARS

carolh43
5/28/15

great place to shop

aleksandran1
5/28/15

I just received the WORST customer service in my life!!!! The gentleman I spoke to introduce himself as CARL and he didn't give me his last name. I will not ever ever ever buy anything through this webpage and I will make sure my friends do the same.
Horrible!

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How reliable is is name your own price air ticket with price line? How long is their lay overs? Is the time they book me guaranteed and not to change?
1/24/13
Answer
solb1
A: This post relates to "Name Your Own Price" transactions only.

READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!!

Are there refunds? No, there are no refunds on "Name your price" transactions - so be sure before you buy.

Can I find a better price somewhere else? Yes, you may find a better price somewhere - so check before you buy

Do they charge fees? Yes, they charge fees for the service - but they are fully disclosed before you buy.

Can I pick my exact hotel? No, you pick a minimum diamond level - descriptions of Priceline's rating system is on the website.

Will they finally give in and issue you a refund if you email them 100 times or more (or 1,000)? No. They stick to their rules - if not, then they would defeat the purpose and business model of the "Name Your Own Price" program.

Will the hotel charge you additional fees? Possibly, but the same as if you would have made the reservation through the hotel itself or through another travel site.

Are there refunds? Sorry, the answer still hasn't changed.

I think the vast majority of complaints and negative reviews on this site are due to people not reading or understanding what they were doing. And yes, I have lost hotel rooms that wer epaid for because my plans changed at the last minute but that was understood when I clicked on the "Buy my hotel room" button so would not result in a bad review.

Are there refunds? Keep trying - still none.

How about now? Nope!
9/8/11
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Hi
I would like to make sure that I will have a flight no more than one connection as they stated and I will choose my seats after that
I want to make sure every thing will be fine because I keep reading some horrible experiences from past travelers
for "name your own price"
My flight will be from Detroit,MI to Paris France
5/2/15
Answer
phill327
A: Don't buy flights from 3rd parties, buy directly from the airline, you don't need any headaches or stress if something goes wrong better to work directly with the airline than through a 3rd party
4 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Priceline

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Priceline to save!
Go to Priceline