US Government's NSF

michelleh13

This is the exact text of the IM with Priceline Customer Service:
(in 133 reviews)

jesseg

First if you know you need a hotel, always and I mean always use the name your price feature. (in 216 reviews)

terrye1

I believe once I tried the same with another credit card company, which would not accept my decline to pay declaration. (in 33 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

davidb292
5/27/15

I've used their rental service for couple of times, had no problem.

fredg18
5/26/15

Priceline told me that it was impossible to cancel my car reservation. Enterprise told me the same because Priceline was involved. All other reservations(flight, hotels etc) that I had Make arrangements yourself.made on my own WERE refunded!
Why not Priceline? The little fat guy is not going to get you a better deal!

shona12
5/25/15

They are not friendly, not helpful, an will rush you off the phone to talk to other customers. If you make a reservation hours before you check in they get you with a 2 day before consultation. Doesn't make sense. It's a scam to keep your money. I'm cancelling my credit card. And will only pay where check into a hotel or make reservations with the hotel itself. If I have to pay more for better service I will..... I wonder if the people that run this site book from this site?

kimb386
5/25/15

Beware when using Priceline, they use Booking.com who is riddled with problems. You will get a foreign country if you call for help.

dlaijnes
5/20/15

beware that buying insurance for your trip is VERY specific..... I've lost 100s of bucks. on the other hand, I've saved 100s of bucks.

mickeyw9
5/18/15

Sunday, reserved a room for Thursday. Fine print: you have only 24hrs to cancel, then they get the money. I had change of plans Monday. No negotiation, lost my money. Hotel couldn't help said "this is what they do", BiG SCAM. Shatner should be ashamed.

katherines11
5/18/15

I understand that I was the one who made an error by clicking submit, but I cannot believe how poorly my situation was handled from a customer service point of view. As a first time user, I was learning the lay of the land and was not totally prepared/ready. I clicked "submit" before I was really ready to click "submit." Priceline selected a hotel that was literally just inside the parameters of where I wanted to stay (aka relatively far away from the main area), and with all of the fees Priceline charges, it ended up being more per night using Priceline than if I had booked directly though the hotel where I could have chosen to cancel. However, none of that is the point. I hit submit before I was ready to, and therefore, did not mean to commit to staying at a hotel. I called customer service immediately, and was blatantly told it did not matter and that my credit card was automatically charged and I was in an irreversible position. At best, they suggested I called the hotel to see if they would agree to let me cancel the request. When I called the hotel, they said they were not allowed to do this because I booked it through a third party. Basically, I feel like the representative from Priceline did not want to discuss it withe me further so sent me on a wild goose hunt to the hotel. I was on the phone for approximately 45 minutes, and found no way to work to an agreement. I understand that it says all sales final or whatever the phrase they use to lock you in is, but it seems to me a good company would stand behind their product and provide you with a refund in the event an error occurs. This was my first and last time using Priceline, and while some people may find success with it, I have found it not worth my time or money to try to get a deal. I am highly disappointed, and plan to share my experience with many people so they can avoid the same thing from happening to them.

seand28
5/14/15

Priceline doesn't care about me or you. There customer service rep "Dominic" told me directly they provide "customer service" for multiple different companies, meaning he or the first agent I spoke with don't even work for Priceline. This is a sad joke. If Priceline cared they would offer real customer service, instead they fake it by using this terrible company. They were unable to help me with a booking issue. Only telling me, "We can't do this, we can't do that." When I simply asked what they COULD do, I was told, "I am unable to share with you the details of my job". I didn't know I was dealing with the CIA of discount hotel booking. Good bye Priceline after many years of using you. I will now choose not to. Farewell.

lawrenceh30
5/14/15

The deal I got through Priceline was nice, got a nice hotel room and easy flight to Vancouver.

faisall1
5/13/15

On 13/05/2015 I bid on a hotel in Montreal, QB Canada and my bid for two nights was for a total f $190.08 at Crown Plaza Montreal airport after this successful bid, I received an email from priceline that has all my hotel reservation information with the total of $190.08 which what I was bid on. However, my credit card was charged $229.30, I called priceline and asked them why is the price is different, they told me no that is what you bid for!!!! I told them no what I bid for is what I got from you by the email and I told them that I can reply the email for them and let them check it. They refused to do anything or to refund my money and they also let me know that if I cancelled the reservations that they would keep the money! No one at Priceline tried to remotely help! Priceline needs to be investigated!!!

Their customer service & the supervisor who I talked to are impolite, rude, and not even willing to tranfer the call to someone in higher position. They treat their customer like garbage even it is their fault!!! Never use Priceline again unless you want to get fooled like a pig.
Just at the end of my story, I want to say a word of truth "I have used priceline for almost 3 years for booking more than 23 rental, cars, hotels, and flights" and everything went with them peacefully. However, it seems to me that nothing stay good and everything keep changing. Please ovid them and never trust them.

simonj21
5/11/15

After messing up my itinerary and failing to refund, I had to use legal actions against them.

jamesb214
5/11/15

I find I get better deals on Priceline than Expedia for the hotels I want to stay at.

rexf10
5/10/15

rentalcars.com, a priceline company, gave a false price. They renegade on the contract that was in my hand and refuse to give my money back as a no-show. Now I find that 17 out of 17 reviews are rated 1 out of 5...now I see why... I used to like priceline and used the 15+ times a year... this changes my view of them
I STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY

michaelw143
5/9/15

I stayed at motel 6 in grand preiry tx i am not happy there laundry machine was broken no sign no tefund on the money i spent for soap or the machine very unfreindly i was told it was individually owned. They gave me the cheepiest room they had no microwave no fridge that they advertised no movie channels and the motel did have movie channels. Continental breakfast coffie. I do not know y price line is involved with this motel i am thinking about not using priceline in the future. I am a lowel costomer and am very pissed off. I am out 5 dollars they would not give me back.

glendah8
5/4/15

All of my experience with Priceline has been positive. The one recommendation I would make is the ability to choose a non smoking or handicap room when bidding . This is critical to people with disabilities and certain health issues.

sherryl19
5/4/15

I've used this site several times and it really helps in finding a place to stay.

lisan44
5/3/15

I made a reservation through them today thinking I was buying insurance through the rental company. Instead I get to the counter and find out I bought some third party insurance which would be a complete nightmare if I had a claim. Nothing said clearly on the site when you are hurriedly making a reservation that this is a third party insurance, that also costs more than at the rental desk. Deceptive!!

danac31
4/28/15

I was told if I miss the departure flight then everything is lost and no refunds. Seems odd to lose the trip on the way back that I paid for just for not making the departure flight. Since that didn't happen, the deal was amazing but I just wanted to warn others of that.

rogerd41
4/25/15

I bought 2 flight tickets from Aukland to Sydney for $411.00 through priceline for Virgin Australia. Once at the counter I was told the price did not include luggage and that I had to put my carry on in the hold. the price for the luggage $475.00 (on top of the 411.00!!!!). I called priceline and they can`t do anything nor can Virgin Australia. Total rip off all around. I will never again use priceline nor will I ever fly with Virgin Airlines anywhere. I was ready to pay up to 50.00 for luggage which would have been 150.00 but 475.00. As I was paying I asked for 2 seats for my luggage since it was paying more than I did, but the counter lady said they could not do that. the competin airline was approx. 450.00 for 2 tickets, free luggage, free meal and free entertainment (movies...). El cheapo priceline and Virgin these were all extras. Please tell all your family and friends so they don`t get ripped off by priceline and Virgin

christinac35
4/24/15

I get most of my cosmetics from this business. It has just about all you would need or want in the way of hair and make-up items.

karyssak
4/23/15

My sisters and I went on vacation to Walt Disney World in October for our first ever sisters vacation. Instead of driving we decided to buy our flights through Priceline.com. What a mistake that was. Instead of having a completely worry free vacation it started out horrible. We showed up to the airport ready to board our flight only to find out it had been cancelled in August. We were told we would have to contact Priceline.com because that is who we booked our reservation through. 30 minutes and 4 transfers later we were only being told that US Airways had not relayed the information to Priceline.com so it was no longer their problem. Thankfully we were able to get on a flight from Springfield, MO to Chicago and then to Orlando. Instead of dealing with the problem during vacation I waited until we got back. In November I wrote to Priceline.com stating that I was not happy with the results of our flight being cancelled and us not being notified. Nearly two month later we are told that because U.S. Airways is at fault they will issue a refund. YAY! J/K another 6 weeks go by with no news. Unable to get ahold of anyone at US Airways I contact Priceline again. March 25th we are told that yes a refund is being issued as of February 10th and could take up to 2 months to arrive. SO we wait.... Nothing appears in the form of a refund. Once again I contact Priceline. At this point they say give us a few days to figure this out. American Airlines emails us 6 months after our initial contact with Priceline.com telling us that no refund will be issued. Priceline.com will take no responsibility for not only our non-existent flight, but for not handling the situation at all. Instead of having a great cheap experience with our flight booking/handling I have done all the leg work and all I hear Priceline.com saying is "We can't." That is the moto of the Executive Offices at Priceline.com. "We Can't" What I can do is make sure I don't ever book my flights, hotels, or rental cars through Priceline.com EVER again. Be warned people. Be warned.

mourada
4/22/15

Priceline is rib off site. Never again to use them after steeling my money. They made the wrong reservation and still charge me. I had to pay for a room without using it. Rib off company, rib off business. Do not use and if have to be aware. there are no customer service. you are serving Priceline .

walterp13
4/21/15

Most of the complaints and low stars that I see are because people treat this as a regular travel agency (which unfortunately it is slowly becoming but not because of their concept).
Priceline should be used like E-bay or any other bidding site. But you HAVE to be committed to what you want since you will be buying it at that price and under the conditions YOU agreed to. There is no second chances here.
The big problem I find is not with Priceline itself, but with the companies they work with. All major companies are aware of what Priceline is doing. If they are not, then they are still using Commodore computers.
Thus, since the major corporations which have bought out most of the competition, know what the deal is, they CONTROL what Priceline can accept and thus Priceline is becoming less and less relevant.
Only in times of severe OVERSUPPLY does Priceline maintain control and you get the best deals. Otherwise you pay what every other shmuck will pay.
Best advice: DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

tessp
4/19/15

Price is great.

manuela37
4/15/15

I've had good experiences with Priceline.com. Needed a hotel in San Francisco recently, and got a great deal.

It's always a good idea to check around and make sure you're getting the best rate, but I've used Priceline a few times and have always been happy with the results.

williamp63
4/15/15

awesome

robertd117
4/13/15

i visit this site a lot when i book rental cars. it always shows me good deals, but booking with the rental place directly is even cheaper most of the times. anywho, it does provide a good overview over prices and the rental places there are at my chosen location. i always check which rentals are present first and then check directly with them.

billings
4/13/15

Best travel site

beachj
4/12/15

How stupid do they think people are? Don't ever use their bidding system, you'll get ripped off. GoSeek has cheaper prices and so do other sites. Save your time and effort and know what you are paying for...

cynthiar17
4/12/15

I booked a car with Economy through Priceline.com. It was advertised as $9/day. I also bought the insurance for a total of $77. However, when I arrived in San Jose, I was told there would be a $5,000 deposit if I did not use Economy's insurance. And even then, a $950 deposit was required. The car ended up costing me $520 vs. $9/day, and I've lost my money for the insurance I bought through Priceline. There is NOTHING on the website that says there will be this tremendous difference in the price for insurance.

markc112
4/12/15

Decided to purchase two new Android phones from Everbuying as a friend had recently bought one from them.
The phones arrived within 8 days of payment,(very fast shipping).
The phones are very very good and totally as per description on the website,very good quality for such a bargain price.
We are very happy with our purchase and will be shopping at Everbuying for similar items very soon.

elmerl6
4/10/15

I like it so much!

mjp5
4/10/15

As others have reported, Priceline will make no accommodation or changes under any circumstances. I had booked a hotel room for a Tue night but, due to an injury by a family member, needed to push the reservation back by two nights, to Thursday. My request for a date change was denied. I was even willing to stay at a cheaper hotel, but Priceline would make no concessions, so I paid for a hotel night that I could not use.

timothyr10
4/9/15

Get some coupons and I'm love in it!

lawrenced14
4/8/15

cool!!!!

seanm73
4/8/15

So for two months I have been working to cancel my reservation with Priceline for my car rental, because I found that the company itself would make the reservation for half the price. I have spoken with Priceline several times, emails and phone calls as well as National the car rental company. Now while National is more than willing to cancel the reservation, the funds are held by Priceline, who continuously uses stall tactics, stating "National has to let us know that we can cancel and you won't be given an answer until after you drop the car back off." National could research my account and even noted it, but Priceline just keeps stating the same thing, I will get an answer after I use the car and drop it back off, which clearly makes no sense, as they already build me and I used the car. Priceline is a terrible company and any time you call you will get a representative in India reading off a script, stick to Expedia.

bc46
4/7/15

Beware everyone! These scumbags entice you for great rates, then screw you if you dont meet all their "special" requirements. Should be put out of business by BBB, however, they are too big. Bunch of scum. Wish I could meet the person that founded this crap face to face, but that never happens anymore. You know where you will rot. Enjoy your short time here.

gilbertp4
4/3/15

Nice

jeffreyl29
4/2/15

I had used Priceline for a trip to DC earlier in the year and the experience was fine. Then, when booking a trip to Austin, I was asked to download their app to receive the discount. When I did--no discount. When I called to either get the discount or make other arrangements, I was told that I could not cancel and because I didn't have a screen shot of the discount offer, they couldn't grant that either. Never again. William Shatner...what are you thinking endorsing this horrible company?

pennym11
4/2/15

Las Vegas...gave a price I was willing to pay up to...PL put me in a hotel I could have booked just about any day of the week for half the price. Even the ad on PL's page showed the price I could have booked going directly to the hotels website!!!
I have had a few good experiences...however, as a loyal customer, I expect the relationship to to both ways. Pricelines customer service sucks and they leave a loop hole for all situations.
I'm done - so long Priceline.com. I see on average 32 patients a week and always share my travel experiences.
penTEN26@outlook.com

johns854
3/30/15

Made a hotel reservation the day before at 3:30. Called 10 minutes later to make a cancelation due to flight issues and policy states that the cancellation must have been make at 12:00PM the day my reservation was made. Meaning I would have had to cancel my reservation 3 hours and 30 minutes before I had actually made the reservation. Never again will I book through Priceline. The cancellation fee was the full price for the hotel.

Tip for consumers: Make the reservation through any other company. Priceline is not reliable and can only contact managers through letters.

laker
3/28/15

Priceline is my favorite for buying airline tickets. I've tried a couple of other sites, but priceline seems to be the easiest for viewing my itinerary and eticket information. Except for the US airline that doesn't sell through discount sites (and they SW know who they are), I can find flights on the major carriers through priceline at reasonable prices.

romsng
3/27/15

Recently booked a hotel thru priceline 'Name your Price/BID' which came upto same price as comparison to that specific hotel website, but wanted to modify some changes and priceline told me to call hotel and pay specific fee. I was ready to pay fee and called hotel but they told us that I have to go thru priceline. I don't know what game they are playing but this business sucks in matter of customer service.

Tip for consumers: Better to go with speicific hotel website than priceline.

sammys16
3/25/15

Good Experience.

cornealisg
3/25/15

I can compare the price here

katiey4
3/24/15

I recently used the "name your price" tool on Priceline flights. When I began my search I entered the dates of 5/1-3/2015. No flights matched my bid so a box popped up with suggestions of how to modify my flight. Above the options for modifications it gave you an option to change your date so I changed my dates to 4/30/15 and 5/4/2015 so that I would be at my destination during the time frame I needed in case my bid landed me a redeye flight. I never checked the "flexible dates" box. I was given a redeye flight for my initial dates, exactly what I was avoiding. After speaking to Priceline management the only solution I am being offered it to pay $200 to cancel my flight. Apparently when you change your dates they do not honor it unless you start the entire search over.

Tip for consumers: AVOID

koganem
3/19/15

NIGHTMARE. Period. I booked three tickets through Priceline.com in Jan., 2014.
We were scheduled to depart in June. My husband had to come back earlier than the other two, so we had to book two separate reservation. Everything was COMFIRMED by the airline company. Then, just FIVE DAYS BEFORE THE DEPARTURE, the airline company contacted us and told that my husband's ticket was invalid BECAUSE OF THE BOOKING MISTAKE MADE BY PRICELINE'S SUB-CONTRACTOR. The airline rep informed he had no seat unless he was willing to fly to other country first. Everything was scheduled in our country with our family, especially my husband's side, and we could not delay the arrival. I had to spend 4-6 hours a day for three days trying to fix it while Priceline and the airline company blame each other, but finally we had to give up and book tickets with other airline company. We ended up paying $1200 extra for each person. Priceline did not refund and kept us bouncing between them and the airline company, until finally we hired an attorney and had him write a demand letter. It was 4 months later. We asked them to pay the difference between the original price and the price we were forced to pay(there were only super expensive seats left when we had to book three days before the departure date), but till now they keep ignoring that. The difference was $1200 per person and in total $3600.
TERRIBLE COMPANY/CUSTOMER SERVICE. DO NOT TRUST.

Tip for consumers: just AVOID THIS ONE

pamil5
3/16/15

Yah, if you ask for a refund when they book you a lousy hotel and told you lies about it, they dont refund you but they black list you if you complain to authorities. This means that you can never shop from them again. A site operated by few greedy and hungry people! You would know who they are once there is a conflict!

arthurw13
3/15/15

priceline just really screwed me over the put me in a lower rated hotel then the other hotels in the same category. when I tried to contact them all they did was keep blowing me off to some off shore answer service. I really felt they got there money and do not care about the service at all. they kept blaming the hotel and said there was nothing they could do. be very wary of them taking your money and running, you may get a good deal but you will never get any service after the fact.

johns843
3/11/15

This company has messed our trip completely up ..we asked for a hotel in hunstville Al ..chose the express deal ..after the debit went thru...we then found out our room is in Madison Al ..they refused to refund or even just transfer our reservation to hunstville and wanted us to pay $71 for their mistake ..We will NEVER use them again !! When you search for rooms on this site ..NEVER EVER use the EXPrESS option ,.bc you never know where your going to end up !' I advise all who have issues to contact the BBR ..maybe if they get enough complaints ..they will FIX their website !!!

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How reliable is is name your own price air ticket with price line? How long is their lay overs? Is the time they book me guaranteed and not to change?
1/24/13
Answer
solb1
A: This post relates to "Name Your Own Price" transactions only.

READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!!

Are there refunds? No, there are no refunds on "Name your price" transactions - so be sure before you buy.

Can I find a better price somewhere else? Yes, you may find a better price somewhere - so check before you buy

Do they charge fees? Yes, they charge fees for the service - but they are fully disclosed before you buy.

Can I pick my exact hotel? No, you pick a minimum diamond level - descriptions of Priceline's rating system is on the website.

Will they finally give in and issue you a refund if you email them 100 times or more (or 1,000)? No. They stick to their rules - if not, then they would defeat the purpose and business model of the "Name Your Own Price" program.

Will the hotel charge you additional fees? Possibly, but the same as if you would have made the reservation through the hotel itself or through another travel site.

Are there refunds? Sorry, the answer still hasn't changed.

I think the vast majority of complaints and negative reviews on this site are due to people not reading or understanding what they were doing. And yes, I have lost hotel rooms that wer epaid for because my plans changed at the last minute but that was understood when I clicked on the "Buy my hotel room" button so would not result in a bad review.

Are there refunds? Keep trying - still none.

How about now? Nope!
9/8/11
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Hi
I would like to make sure that I will have a flight no more than one connection as they stated and I will choose my seats after that
I want to make sure every thing will be fine because I keep reading some horrible experiences from past travelers
for "name your own price"
My flight will be from Detroit,MI to Paris France
3 weeks ago
Answer
pamil5
A: there are better companies than priceline to buy tickets from. Remember with these creepy business, you might be stuck with a bad ticket and worse hotel.
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Priceline

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Priceline to save!
Go to Priceline