US Government's NSF

michelleh13

This is the exact text of the IM with Priceline Customer Service:
(in 129 reviews)

jesseg

First if you know you need a hotel, always and I mean always use the name your price feature. (in 203 reviews)

jeremyol

I have utilize the chance for booking the rental car for going to door. (in 137 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

manuela37
4/15/15

I've had good experiences with Priceline.com. Needed a hotel in San Francisco recently, and got a great deal.

It's always a good idea to check around and make sure you're getting the best rate, but I've used Priceline a few times and have always been happy with the results.

robertd117
4/13/15

i visit this site a lot when i book rental cars. it always shows me good deals, but booking with the rental place directly is even cheaper most of the times. anywho, it does provide a good overview over prices and the rental places there are at my chosen location. i always check which rentals are present first and then check directly with them.

beachj
4/12/15

How stupid do they think people are? Don't ever use their bidding system, you'll get ripped off. GoSeek has cheaper prices and so do other sites. Save your time and effort and know what you are paying for...

cynthiar17
4/12/15

I booked a car with Economy through Priceline.com. It was advertised as $9/day. I also bought the insurance for a total of $77. However, when I arrived in San Jose, I was told there would be a $5,000 deposit if I did not use Economy's insurance. And even then, a $950 deposit was required. The car ended up costing me $520 vs. $9/day, and I've lost my money for the insurance I bought through Priceline. There is NOTHING on the website that says there will be this tremendous difference in the price for insurance.

markc112
4/12/15

Decided to purchase two new Android phones from Everbuying as a friend had recently bought one from them.
The phones arrived within 8 days of payment,(very fast shipping).
The phones are very very good and totally as per description on the website,very good quality for such a bargain price.
We are very happy with our purchase and will be shopping at Everbuying for similar items very soon.

mjp5
4/10/15

As others have reported, Priceline will make no accommodation or changes under any circumstances. I had booked a hotel room for a Tue night but, due to an injury by a family member, needed to push the reservation back by two nights, to Thursday. My request for a date change was denied. I was even willing to stay at a cheaper hotel, but Priceline would make no concessions, so I paid for a hotel night that I could not use.

seanm73
4/8/15

So for two months I have been working to cancel my reservation with Priceline for my car rental, because I found that the company itself would make the reservation for half the price. I have spoken with Priceline several times, emails and phone calls as well as National the car rental company. Now while National is more than willing to cancel the reservation, the funds are held by Priceline, who continuously uses stall tactics, stating "National has to let us know that we can cancel and you won't be given an answer until after you drop the car back off." National could research my account and even noted it, but Priceline just keeps stating the same thing, I will get an answer after I use the car and drop it back off, which clearly makes no sense, as they already build me and I used the car. Priceline is a terrible company and any time you call you will get a representative in India reading off a script, stick to Expedia.

bc46
4/7/15

Beware everyone! These scumbags entice you for great rates, then screw you if you dont meet all their "special" requirements. Should be put out of business by BBB, however, they are too big. Bunch of scum. Wish I could meet the person that founded this crap face to face, but that never happens anymore. You know where you will rot. Enjoy your short time here.

jeffreyl29
4/2/15

I had used Priceline for a trip to DC earlier in the year and the experience was fine. Then, when booking a trip to Austin, I was asked to download their app to receive the discount. When I did--no discount. When I called to either get the discount or make other arrangements, I was told that I could not cancel and because I didn't have a screen shot of the discount offer, they couldn't grant that either. Never again. William Shatner...what are you thinking endorsing this horrible company?

pennym11
4/2/15

Las Vegas...gave a price I was willing to pay up to...PL put me in a hotel I could have booked just about any day of the week for half the price. Even the ad on PL's page showed the price I could have booked going directly to the hotels website!!!
I have had a few good experiences...however, as a loyal customer, I expect the relationship to to both ways. Pricelines customer service sucks and they leave a loop hole for all situations.
I'm done - so long Priceline.com. I see on average 32 patients a week and always share my travel experiences.
penTEN26@outlook.com

johns854
3/30/15

Made a hotel reservation the day before at 3:30. Called 10 minutes later to make a cancelation due to flight issues and policy states that the cancellation must have been make at 12:00PM the day my reservation was made. Meaning I would have had to cancel my reservation 3 hours and 30 minutes before I had actually made the reservation. Never again will I book through Priceline. The cancellation fee was the full price for the hotel.

Tip for consumers: Make the reservation through any other company. Priceline is not reliable and can only contact managers through letters.

laker
3/28/15

Priceline is my favorite for buying airline tickets. I've tried a couple of other sites, but priceline seems to be the easiest for viewing my itinerary and eticket information. Except for the US airline that doesn't sell through discount sites (and they SW know who they are), I can find flights on the major carriers through priceline at reasonable prices.

romsng
3/27/15

Recently booked a hotel thru priceline 'Name your Price/BID' which came upto same price as comparison to that specific hotel website, but wanted to modify some changes and priceline told me to call hotel and pay specific fee. I was ready to pay fee and called hotel but they told us that I have to go thru priceline. I don't know what game they are playing but this business sucks in matter of customer service.

Tip for consumers: Better to go with speicific hotel website than priceline.

katiey4
3/24/15

I recently used the "name your price" tool on Priceline flights. When I began my search I entered the dates of 5/1-3/2015. No flights matched my bid so a box popped up with suggestions of how to modify my flight. Above the options for modifications it gave you an option to change your date so I changed my dates to 4/30/15 and 5/4/2015 so that I would be at my destination during the time frame I needed in case my bid landed me a redeye flight. I never checked the "flexible dates" box. I was given a redeye flight for my initial dates, exactly what I was avoiding. After speaking to Priceline management the only solution I am being offered it to pay $200 to cancel my flight. Apparently when you change your dates they do not honor it unless you start the entire search over.

Tip for consumers: AVOID

koganem
3/19/15

NIGHTMARE. Period. I booked three tickets through Priceline.com in Jan., 2014.
We were scheduled to depart in June. My husband had to come back earlier than the other two, so we had to book two separate reservation. Everything was COMFIRMED by the airline company. Then, just FIVE DAYS BEFORE THE DEPARTURE, the airline company contacted us and told that my husband's ticket was invalid BECAUSE OF THE BOOKING MISTAKE MADE BY PRICELINE'S SUB-CONTRACTOR. The airline rep informed he had no seat unless he was willing to fly to other country first. Everything was scheduled in our country with our family, especially my husband's side, and we could not delay the arrival. I had to spend 4-6 hours a day for three days trying to fix it while Priceline and the airline company blame each other, but finally we had to give up and book tickets with other airline company. We ended up paying $1200 extra for each person. Priceline did not refund and kept us bouncing between them and the airline company, until finally we hired an attorney and had him write a demand letter. It was 4 months later. We asked them to pay the difference between the original price and the price we were forced to pay(there were only super expensive seats left when we had to book three days before the departure date), but till now they keep ignoring that. The difference was $1200 per person and in total $3600.
TERRIBLE COMPANY/CUSTOMER SERVICE. DO NOT TRUST.

Tip for consumers: just AVOID THIS ONE

pamil5
3/16/15

Yah, if you ask for a refund when they book you a lousy hotel and told you lies about it, they dont refund you but they black list you if you complain to authorities. This means that you can never shop from them again. A site operated by few greedy and hungry people! You would know who they are once there is a conflict!

arthurw13
3/15/15

priceline just really screwed me over the put me in a lower rated hotel then the other hotels in the same category. when I tried to contact them all they did was keep blowing me off to some off shore answer service. I really felt they got there money and do not care about the service at all. they kept blaming the hotel and said there was nothing they could do. be very wary of them taking your money and running, you may get a good deal but you will never get any service after the fact.

johns843
3/11/15

This company has messed our trip completely up ..we asked for a hotel in hunstville Al ..chose the express deal ..after the debit went thru...we then found out our room is in Madison Al ..they refused to refund or even just transfer our reservation to hunstville and wanted us to pay $71 for their mistake ..We will NEVER use them again !! When you search for rooms on this site ..NEVER EVER use the EXPrESS option ,.bc you never know where your going to end up !' I advise all who have issues to contact the BBR ..maybe if they get enough complaints ..they will FIX their website !!!

amyk25
3/11/15

Totally screwed up my business trip and refused to fix it. I got the very last seats on plane, by the bathroom, noisiest hotel room, had to pay $17/day to park at my hotel because cheap az Priceline didn't include that in the price, although most travelers' (non-Priceline) parking was included at this resort. Will NEVER use priceline again. Not only did I not save money in the end, they screwed up my travel plans and refused to help me.

sammuels
3/10/15

You're not going to find any cheaper hotel than on Priceline. I think it's hands down the best rates for hotels, airfare and car rentals. Unbeatable!

nielb2
3/7/15

OK, even if this place was average I'd still want to give it 5-stars because they have William Shatner as a spokesperson --- but as it turned out I didn't have to "give" them any free stars, this company actually EARNED ALL FIVE STARS from me because they just saved me $653

I definitely recommend checking ALL the big travel sites BEFORE spending any money, but every time I check around, PRICELINE still always shows me the lowest prices -- so I finally booked, and saved even MORE than I was expecting.
SO AWESOME!!!

phill327
3/6/15

I usually bid on Priceline for hotel stays. I find that their star system for rating properties is not inflated like some hotel web sites. Booking is easy and if one does a bit of homework, sometimes you can figure out which hotel you might get when you bid. Information on the web site is clear and understandable. Have had very nice hotels throughout the time I have been bidding with Priceline.

shirlh
3/6/15

Worked for several weeks with price line and then suddenly I received the greatest price we have ever negotiated in 20 years.

pepperb1
3/4/15

We have been able to take trips that we otherwise would not have planned thanks to Priceline....we have done both the name your price as well as selecting a hotel from their list and not once have we had any issues and the prices have always been excellent....and when in doubt I will go directly to the hotel website and check out their prices and photos and such from there before I book....but again very pleased traveler!

sarahf48
3/3/15

Booking online was not a challenge, but getting any sort of legitimate assistance when we needed it? Impossible. Priceline's customer service was among the worst I've ever had to interact with. Between incorrect information, complete lack of follow-through, and a ridiculous and insulting "resolution" to our problem (weather-related flight cancellation), I will NEVER use Priceline again. And I will make sure none of my friends or family do either. If you're reading this, don't waste your time with Priceline. You can get the same prices anywhere else and the customer service will be better.

estherg9
3/2/15

I haven't had any bad experiences with Priceline, but they haven't beaten any prices I've seen elsewhere. The only good thing is being able to cancel within 24 hrs - which most airlines/companies are now allowing. So what's the *big* deal about Priceline?

briannam7
2/26/15

To anyone thinking about booking through these idiots don't !!!!!! They over charged my credit card 100 dollars, and won't give me a refund ! $#*!ty services and a fraudulent company if you ask me !!!!!!!!!

luisg27
2/26/15

I booked a room in Orlando through Priceline.com , when I got to the hotel my reservation had not been set . had to wait for them to find it unsuccessfully and what they did instead is created a new one , I asked them to make sure I had not been double charged which they didn't I was triple charged for the room . called priceline who said the reservation was handled by booking.com their sister company ( which I never new ) after numerous attempts to reach an associate who spoke clear English found one that was willing to help and filed a report said I needed to provide them with a statement I did promptly the idiots kept saying they needed it I sent it 3 times then finally got with an associate who said he would send it to the claims department , this was a month ago and nothing has been done , I sent numerous emails which they didn't respond . I took matters up with my bank and they had me close my card to be able to pursue the fraudulent transaction . now I have to change all my card info with other companies that have it thanks to pricelines.com incompetence , stay away from priceline they are thieves .

Tip for consumers: use other method of payment other than you personal debit card .

michellem78
2/24/15

You can be sick have a situation going on and they don't return your money back very upset with their service I recommend that nobody should booked true them you lost your money if you cant be able to use your reservation they should be more human but they are the worst booking company in the world don't use it

Tip for consumers: Don't use they are very unhelpful you have to cancel the reservation because a situation and they don't return back

bridgettef1
2/22/15

I tried the name your price gimmick. Basically you are given a price, but the disclaimer gives them permission to add what ever fees they want on top of the price given and there is nothing you can do about it.

Tip for consumers: Dont do it.

georgeb90
2/21/15

.... that does not care where they stay. But there are no such things a cheap prices, just bad locations. You get what you pay for, so if you do not care about the location, the room or the service, by all means, use them.

jilla10
2/19/15

(The letter I sent to the VP of the company...we still did not receive any refund, not even a partial one).

Attn: Senior Vice President
Priceline
Customer Service Operations
800 Connecticut Ave.
Norwalk, Connecticut 06854

To Whom It May Concern:

RE: Regarding Trip # 218-977-200-10. Departure Flight: 22 December 2014. Returning: 30 December 2014.

On, December 17th, 2014, we contacted Priceline via telephone in order to alter our returning flight on our current itinerary. My husband received military orders prior to our departure, that he was required to return to Fort Bragg, NC, on December 30th, 2014. Initially, when we booked our flight, he was required to return on January 2nd, 2015. We explained this to the representative we spoke to, and he assured us that we could make the necessary changes to our current itinerary, if we paid the mandatory flight change fee of $200, (the airline fee) and $35, (the Priceline fee) per passenger.

After making the alterations to our returning flight, the Priceline Representative stated that our “new total ticket price was $1790, including the changes we made to our returning flight.” My husband confirmed throughout their conversation that this did indeed include all of the costs associated with changing our returning flight. The representative also informed us that we would be charged with our credit card on file, for the difference between our initial flight and the current changes we made to our flights. As a witness to the phone conversation, my husband reconfirmed with the representative, “So this is the total for our new ticket price, including the changes we just made?” He stated that was all that we would be charged. Therefor, we were anticipating the new ticket price to be $1790, as he himself quoted, including the changed flight. He informed us that he would only be billing us for the returning flight difference, the Priceline and Airline Fees. Not once during this phone call, were we ever informed that we would be responsible to pay for the entire 2 person, round-trip fare for our initial itinerary and the altered 2 person round-trip fare for the altered itinerary. This was never eluded to during the conversation or clearly stated that we would pay for 4 tickets total, round-trip. My question to Priceline is, why would be have booked the second round-trip fare for 2 people; when, we would not only have to pay the entire new flight fees, but also the cancellation fees?

If this fact was clearly represented through your customer service personnel, we would have been better off taking a loss on our first tickets, and not utilizing them at all. Instead, we would have booked our second flights through an independent airline, without utilizing Priceline, in order to avoid paying not only the cancellation fees, but also paying for 4 total round-trip fares, in the total of, $3,430.40. As long term customers of Priceline, to say we are disappointed with this situation, would be a gross understatement.

For the past three years, during my husband's active duty military service, we have purchased tickets for every flight to and from California through Priceline. This includes individual flights I booked, every 2 months to NC from CA. I have been a loyal customer, and my husband and I have recommended Priceline to everyone I know as the best place to purchase flights. I will not be able to patronize or promote Priceline to anyone I know, if this situation is not amended. I instead, will have an obligation to inform people of our negative experience with Priceline via social media, Yelp, Google, and every other website that is available for posting reviews.

I do not feel that the representative clearly expressed the charges for the changes we made to our flight. My husband and I only have the opportunity to return home once each year, due to his active duty enlistment in the US Army; therefor, we will not be able to return home next Christmas. After this financial hardship of being charged for the two initial flight tickets, I expect that you will make this situation right, and reimburse us for the initial flight, which was charged in full at $1640.40. I am anticipating your correspondence within the next 5 business days, and if I do not receive a response, I will take further action elsewhere. Thank you in advance for your time and effort in resolving this issue. We have attempted to correct the situation several times via telephone to no avail, and I trust you will correct this.

PLEASE BEWARE AS PRICELINE DOES NOT TREAT MILITARY FAMILIES WITH RESPECT, AND THEY WILL NOT HONOR MILITARY ORDERS IF YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR FLIGHT. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FULL PRICE FOR YOUR INITIAL FLIGHTS BOOKED AND THE NEW ONES. THEY WILL NOT EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU OVER THE PHONE. They also charge cancellation, airline and priceline fees on top of that.

Tip for consumers: Avoid Priceline.com, please utilize other booking services for your travel needs.

markl86
2/19/15

I have bought plane tickets from them several times never had a problem. In fact on two trips I was upgraded to first class. Very enjoyable service.

lottieg
2/19/15

Australia trip ticket 1\3 off that's what I saved I had a great time there and spent the savings on thing I liked

shannons29
2/17/15

Just so you're informed, DO NOT use Priceline.com when looking for cheap deals or any deal for that matter. Priceline is a joke. They sold me tickets to a hotel that was advertised as being in the town i was in but was revealed AFTER i paid for the room to be an hour and a half away, with an address that wasn't even close to my town. They would not refund, credit me, or help me in any way except to take my money on a room i could not make it to. On top of all of that we ended up spending another $38 (not through priceline, just the normal hotel price) on a crappy little room that priceline showed as having a "DEAL" for but they wanted more than what the actual hotel was asking! This was one of their "Special deals". Yeah right! You're going to upsell hotel rooms as "discounted" when it's higher than what the actual hotel is even comfortable asking? Way to ruin our trip and put a definite ($60) dent in our Valentine day, Priceline.com. I've used this website for a while and never had such false advertising. I was hoping with the frequency that i use this site they would be more accommodating with their advertising mistakes, but it turns out they've probably been taking more of my money without me knowing on these so called "deals".

jadep2
2/16/15

I made 3 different reservations in 3 different cities. I was working & required breakfast and internet. NONE of the 3 provided breakfast. Called priceline.... they say it wasn't in the contract/ Even though it states that breakfast is to be provided and it was a guaranteed on the receipt, that is actually hogwash and they will never offer refunds for any purpose ever.

Tip for consumers: Don't even piss yourself off!!!

annan22
2/16/15

I booked a hotel in advance for 2 separate nights a week apart. The first night we arrived the hotel looked filthy and when we got to the room the sheets not only had hairs all over them, there was evidence of bedbugs. We left. However, priceline.com will only refund the cost of one night and not both. Shame on you priceline.com, we left because the hotel was substandard YOU should refund the cost of the room and take it up with the hotel!!

mendyl
2/13/15

I wish to read all these reviews before i had a deal with them, it was totally nightmare i cant forget.

ggi2
2/12/15

I also had a very trouble experience with Priceline. Taking a business trip to St. Louis, MO, I ended up having to stay at a motel because they representative failed to properly book my hotel.

paulinaq
2/10/15

I love priceline! ! I had car rental no one could match their price. I always bit on hotels and I have saved more than 50%. I have always been super satisfied with the 3 and 4 star hotels!

davidm243
2/8/15

Their prices are not always that great, but I have had a good experience with them. Generally most travel sites are priced the same and when one has a sale, the others usually have similar offers.

zohas
2/6/15

very very bad customer service. they didn't cancel the room that i booked by mistake and literally stole my money.

Tip for consumers: keep your money by using other websites

annp20
2/2/15

Have found them a bit slow when I placed an order in Australia, but it came eventually. But much better than their shops!

elisal3
1/31/15

I will never use Priceline again! My husband wanted to surprise our kids with a stayover at the Golden Plough Inn at New Hope, PA. Unfortunately, their baby ( our granddaughter) became ill and it was necessary to cancel. According to the confirmation we were sent from Priceline we could cancel in advance before check-in. When we tried to do that Priceline stated that the hotel required 24 to 48 hours in advance.. It would've been nice if it stated so on their confirmation! Spoke to a few incompetent people there too! Will never use them again!! Very unhappy.....Hotels.com is very reliable....

michelleo10
1/27/15

Very UNHAPPY with priceline. I booked a hotel room. On my original search I put in my accommodations and when I did my name your price they all were overlooked. I wanted a room that has a refrigerator, free continental breakfast and free parking. I was thrown into a room at a hotel that I had no idea what it was going to be. The hotel does not offer any of the accommodations I wanted. The hotel room is going to cost me more then if I went through hotels.com or groupon. Now I am stuck with this hotel and have to pay extra for my accommodations. I would NEVER use priceline again nor would I recommend it to anyone. I give it no stars.

Tip for consumers: If you use the site make sure you read the agreement 5 times, slowly and carefully.

williamh84
1/24/15

I was so incensed I waited months to write a review of Priceline. Apparently truth in advertising is not something that can be enforced. I offered a bid on a hotel, looking for a big savings. The Priceline response was "too little" and came back with an amount that was quite a bit higher, but would be accepted. I took the offer. When the name of the hotel was revealed, I found that it was one block from the edge of the geographic area, far from the action and most of the other hotels. When I attenpted to book a room on that hotel's website, the quoted price (no coupons, no ability to get a special rate) was $4 higher than Priceline's cost. So, all the wasted time with Priceline to save less than 2%. I complained to the BBB, and the Priceline response was what appeared to be an off-shored form letter with poor grammar that addressed a different complaint than the one I made. I rebutted the letter and the BBB response was essentially that the company responded to my complaint and they blew off my rebuttal. I think Priceline maintains a good rating with BBB, but my experience explains how that can happen. All Priceline has to do is make a response, it doesn't have to make sense, it doesn't have to satisfy the customer. I will never utilize Priceline again, and I advise you to avoid it like the plague. I am not surprised to see the incredibly bad rating it has on this website, but I just had to add my own experience.

murrayg10
1/21/15

Go with kayak at one time priceline was good not now they took me 150.00 more then rental car company

Tip for consumers: use kayak

bend64
1/16/15

A great place to shop for discount flights and hassle-free services. This is a go-to site when shopping for airline flights.

gregs70
1/5/15

They are a scam. Charged me $64 more than what they showed on the agreement. Talking to their customer service is a joke. I could hear the manager in the back telling the robot of a person what to say back to me. I will never book through them again.

Tip for consumers: Book directly with the hotel. I found out the room was really $99 and not the $112 Priceline charged. Plus the additional "taxes and fees" they added.

jimmyl31
12/30/14

William Shatner is an embarrassment to all famous people for allowing his name to be used fronting these crooks on Priceline. I booked a Hotel Room the day before I was going to drive to Memphis. 15 minutes later I found a cheaper better Hotel and Cancelled my Hotel through Priceline. They are trying to charge me $104.17 for absolutely nothing. They have no supervisors that you can talk to. I am disputing the charge on my credit card currently. My advice. Book straight through the Hotel you want to stay. DO NOT USE PRICELINE. They are useless and it is a SCAM!

Tip for consumers: Don't get scammed. Stay off of Priceline.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How reliable is is name your own price air ticket with price line? How long is their lay overs? Is the time they book me guaranteed and not to change?
1/24/13
solb1
A: This post relates to "Name Your Own Price" transactions only.

READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!!

Are there refunds? No, there are no refunds on "Name your price" transactions - so be sure before you buy.

Can I find a better price somewhere else? Yes, you may find a better price somewhere - so check before you buy

Do they charge fees? Yes, they charge fees for the service - but they are fully disclosed before you buy.

Can I pick my exact hotel? No, you pick a minimum diamond level - descriptions of Priceline's rating system is on the website.

Will they finally give in and issue you a refund if you email them 100 times or more (or 1,000)? No. They stick to their rules - if not, then they would defeat the purpose and business model of the "Name Your Own Price" program.

Will the hotel charge you additional fees? Possibly, but the same as if you would have made the reservation through the hotel itself or through another travel site.

Are there refunds? Sorry, the answer still hasn't changed.

I think the vast majority of complaints and negative reviews on this site are due to people not reading or understanding what they were doing. And yes, I have lost hotel rooms that wer epaid for because my plans changed at the last minute but that was understood when I clicked on the "Buy my hotel room" button so would not result in a bad review.

Are there refunds? Keep trying - still none.

How about now? Nope!
9/8/11
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

3 Coupons for Priceline

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Priceline to save!
Go to Priceline
Priceline.com

11 Photos for Priceline

Priceline?
Click here to post a review