US Government's NSF

MyJewelryBox reviews

Categories: Diamond, Earrings, Gold

37 Reviews for MyJewelryBox

Review Highlights

Nice products, but the customer service is impossible.

I ordered a ring, which should be here by now, but it isnt.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

4/8/14

i purchased a 1.5 ctw princess cut wedding set for my fiancee on march 13th of this year. it was listed as in stock and to be delivered within 5 days. 1800$ was charged to my credit card that day. after about a week i became concerned and called the 1 800 number. i spoke with a female customer rep that informed me that the ring was back ordered and it would take 2 weeks from the time i ordered it to be delivered. after 3 weeks i called again. i spoke to "lee" and was told that he would look into it and call me right back. he never did. 4 days later i spoke with lee again. this time he informs me the manufacturer will ship it out at the end of the week and then they will over-nite it out. this will be over a month to deliver a ring that was listed as in stock. needless to say its the last time ill ever patronize this company

3/30/14

Ordered a wedding set (engagement and wedding ring) over the phone. Lee (customer service) helped explain the whole process and reassured me about ordering something online as I'm not much of an online shopper but I couldn't resist the great deals MyJewelryBox.com had to offer. All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase and would not hesitate to order something from them again. A happy wife is a happy life.

2/12/14

I ordered a ring for Valentine's Day. Order was placed on 2/7 and website says order by 2/10 for guaranteed delivery with standard shipping. On 2/12 I finally get an email that says the order was packed on 2/8 and shipped on 2/12. I called to find out what the problem was and they told me that they upgraded the shipping so I'll have it, but that I should be calling to THANK THEM!!!! I asked for a supervisor and was told he was the supervisor. He then threatened to cancel my order and recall the package. I called back and spoke to a woman who said she also was a supervisor, she was not quite as rude as the guy, but the is NO WAY i will EVER give this company any more business!

1/11/14

I have ordered two items from this site. Both items arrived in a timely manner, and the product was as expected (or exceeded expectations).
I will purchase from them again.

1/3/14

I bought a ring for my wife, came on time not a problem, no problem with customer service. Ring is way smaller than what's shown on the site. I was like WOW that's small.

Please be mindful that when they have sale/discounts, they actually raised the price 40 plus % and then give the discount from that. So basically you are paying a little more or regular price...so their discount is a scam. You are NOT getting anything on sale. I know because the ring I bought for my wife and others went way way up then discount applies. After the sale is over, then they drop the price back to everyday price.

12/25/13

I ordered a necklace for my wife for Christmas, on Dec. 2, I would be happy to just get a tracking number. I have called last week and talk to customer service every day, and everyday they said tomorrow. Here it is Dec. 24, and NO tracking number yet. You guys really suck, you guys send me e-mail ads for my jewelry box, but cant send me a email heads up? With the Power of Facebook, people will know. Thanks Jewlery Box for nothing!

12/19/13

Do not buy anything from Myjewelrybox.com!!!! I have never experienced such rude and unprofessional customer service anywhere else. I placed a 1400.00 order on Nov. 30. I received an email from them on Dec. 2 confirming my order and saying it would be shipped. It never arrived. I called them on Dec. 18 to ask why I had not received it. I was told the warehouse was closed at that time and the customer service woman said she would call me by 10:00 the next morning. She never called. I called that afternoon and was told by a guy that he had no tracking number for it and could not guarantee shipment without a tracking number. He said he would look into it and call me back by 4:00 PM. He didn't call either. I called at 4:00 and a female told me that she had no tracking number but it was guaranteed to arrive on Monday. I tried to tell her that two other people told me the opposite and she kept interrupting and talking over me. It took 12 minutes to make her understand that two others told me the opposite but then she said she didn't care she was guaranteeing it. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she got extremely angry and rude and carrying on for two more minutes before putting me on hold for a supervisor. I told the supervisor the story and she said it was not guaranteed without a tracking number. I told her about the rude employee and the broken promises to return my calls and the initial failure to ship. She said "it's Christmas and we're busy. I'm going to cancel your order and wash my hands of you" and she hung up. My credit card was not credited back the 1400.00. This was my sixth and, of course, last order from these rude and unprofessional people. Beware, if place an order with them and have a problem with customer service you can expect not help and it appears they will defraud you of your money.

12/19/13

I ordered an item 8 days ago and have yet to receive it! My credit card has been charged but I received no confirmation email or notice of shipment even though I had 2-day shipping. My attempts to contact the company and get help with my problem has fallen on deaf ears. I have had no response (not even a form letter) after 3 email attempts! Prices maybe good but you may never receive what you ordered!

11/28/13

The web site is well made and the prices are lower than the local jewelers.
However, I ordered a ring, and the actual product did not look as shiny and dazzling as the picture and video on the web site. The size was almost a full size larger than what I had ordered. I emailed them and their response was that they confirmed with their manufacturer that they had sent the size I had ordered, and they mentioned that sizes may vary per manufacturer. Sizes do not vary to the extent of being almost a full size to large! It was clearly a mistake. They offered to re-size it for free, however I would have had to ship it back via insured shipment at my expense, which is expensive, almost as expensive as having the ring re-sized at a local jeweler, and there was still no guarantee that it would have been sized properly, so I could have had to re-send it again...
CONCLUSION: The prices may be lower, but please add $60 to $125 dollars to their prices in case you need to have the product re-sized. When you buy at a local jeweler, not only can you see the actual product in real life (not some embellished picture and video), but the jeweler will size it until it fits perfectly at no extra cost and no shipping fees.

11/14/13

I ordered a ring and ended up not liking it as much as I thought...My fault. I returned it with no problems. Customer service was amazing. I've reordered since and am waiting for that ring to come. Happy with the prices, site and their customer service.

5/10/13

Just use this site one time , products are nice, but their customer service are terrible. Make sure you will not contact the customer service when you use this site.

5/1/13

My husband purchased the wedding ring sets from this company. When I opened the box up,I realized that 3 side stones are missing on the both rings. It's utterly impossible, but it happened.
Immediately my husband visited their customer service page,got return number and returned the sets to fix.
We even have no idea how long it will take to get the ring back because it took almost 3 weeks to get them from his order. We are going to have a wedding party next month and we would feel embarrassed if we couldn't get it back by then.
We were so looking forward to get the rings and they ruined our happy and romantic moment of our marriage life.I don't recommend anyone to buy any jewelries from this company.

12/23/12

I ordered December 2 ,order approved(why?)December 4, paid for 4-6 day shipping.it is December 23 and I have not yet received it. I tried cancelling it but was told it had been shipped so now I have to pay extra to send it back. This was ordered for Christmas gifts and had to be shipped by the 15th to get to the recipients on time.
Not impressed

6/29/12

The web site is somewhat easy to navigate.

Full 360 view of merchandise not availabe, so you never know exactly what you are purchasing.

web site/registration unavailable unless during business hours (meaning orders cannot be placed; Accounts can not be updated, etc.)

Had to contact them multiple times to get progression for my order.

Only AFTER purchase transaction was complete did it notify me of the additional TEN business days it would take to deliver my order. (Not the "1-2 days" as is clearly indicated on their site)

When the order arrived, it looked tacky and cheap. Not at all how it was displayed online. Mislead to believe it was something else altogether. Incredibly smaller than expected, even after reading the dimensions, weight etc. previously.

For the price I paid it is absolutely extorntionate.
Will not be returning for purchase again.

If you want cheap jewelry for top dollar, then this is your site.

3/17/12

Excellent buying experience, bought an engagement ring and it arrived on time for a Valentines day proposal. the ring is beautiful and my fiancée absolutely loves it. she still gets daily compliments about the ring.

i did a lot of shopping around and they have by far the best value. buy with confidence!

3/8/12

I've never purchased jewelry online before and was very hesitant to do so. There's a customer service representative named Lee that made the process easy and pain free. He explained everything a person would need to know about diamonds, the cut, clarity, carat and color. After searching on the site for the perfect engagement ring, Lee processed my order and it arrived within days. My fiance loves the way it shines! I'm already searching through the site for a wedding ring. A+ service!

2/14/12

Bought a ring from this company. Was very pleased. 2 months later a diamond fell out. I just dismissed it and blamed it on my GF being reckless. 2 months later another diamond. Again i blamed it on my GF. Sent it back to the company to repair. 2 MONTHS went by without a call email nothing. After the 3 month called the company and spoke to a supervisor who told me that the style of ring i order is no longer carried and they couldnt tell me how long it would take to repair. I ordered them to send me my ring back with a tracking number. Have not received a tracking number. I definitely feel a suit en route. What poor customer service!

11/21/11

This website is great! I got my mother these beautiful earrings that ended up being even nicer than I expected. Highly recommended.

11/8/11

I received my ring recently and it was beautiful beyond comparison! The customer service was "above and beyond," something you often don't see these days; I was extremely impressed. The entire transaction went very smooth and I am oh so very happy with the final product- It's Gorgeous!! Thanks for everything!

10/17/11

The website is the best jewelery website I have seen. Everything is organized, with category, price, etc. It is very user friendly, very professional. It makes you want to buy all the products. I am saving my money so I can spend more with them.

10/12/11

I placed an order a few days ago and received my package in 3 days! Much quicker than expected! When I opened it up i couldn't believe how beautiful the ring was! It is an anniversary present for my girlfriend and i know she's going to absolutely love it! I will be back 100% next time i need jewelry!

10/12/11

I bought an Amethest heart earrings and pendant for my wife from this site. She loved the jewelry and I loved the price!

10/7/11

I recently purchased a necklace and pair of earrings from myjewelrybox.com, for my daughters sweet 16. I had the package in 3 days and the jewelry is beautiful, my daughter LOVED IT!! I will be doing plenty of shopping on this site!

10/4/11

I ordered a beautiful Engagement ring for my girl friend 2 month ago and it was everthing i expected and more. I was hestitating at 1st to buy a $2500 ring on line but with the easy return policy i figured i had nothing to loose really. The ring came into a very nice box as shown on their site and the Gemologist Certificate which made the whole deal official and accepted by my insurance company. I would recommand this site to anyone and will definitly shop again @ myjewelrybox.com :-)

10/3/11

I have had 2 really good experiences with this site. Once for a mother's day gift and once a Valentine's Day gift for my girlfriend. In both cases, being "a guy", a had no clue what to choose or what my mom or GF would like. While the site is really pretty and very easy to navigate, before spending $200, I wanted to make sure. So I called the customer service number, and I literally spent 30 minutes or so on each occasion with someone who really knew their stuff. She asked me about age, size, taste, style, etc before my final selection. Once that was done, shipping was next day, packaging was really nice, and I had 2 VERY satisfied people in my life (who had no idea how much the items cost; they look more expensive than they cost!).

10/2/11

I am typically hesitant to purchase goods via web sites. However, I took a chance with myjewlerybox.com. I can tell you that besides getting the product that I wanted in a timely fashion and in perfect condition - the customer service is unserpassed for any web or brick and mortar company. Highly recommended.

10/2/11

I ordered an amethyst ring for my best girl friend for her birthday. I "liked" them on facebook and got a 20% off coupon. It arrived in 4 days and the packaging was really nice. I didn't have to wrap it for my friend. The size was true to fit and she was thrilled with it. Overall, just a good experience.

9/30/11

Bought a ring from them, later the top diamond cracked twice, sent it in, and after a month of not hearing anything, I email....here it's still just sitting in their warehouse. Two weeks later they ship it to canada to be fixed, then they tell me two more weeks. I call two weeks later, again.....2-3 more weeks. Finally after 2 months of them having it in their hand....I get an email saying I'm getting the ring back and it's all fixed. Ten days later....nothing! I email them for the 5th time (and multiple calls too) and ask what is going on.......again...they tell me it's sitting in their warehouse and they don't know why they haven't shipped it yet but said they told them they have to ship it today......I'm not holding my breath. I have never been treated like this before from any company! They are terrible! 2 1/2 months later.....still no ring back. A little embarrassing when people hear you're engaged and they ask to see your fiance's ring......and it's not on her hand!

9/28/11

Ordered a birthday gift for my girl (diamond bracelet) and was super happy with myjewlrybox.com. The bracelet was really pretty much exactly what I expected, frankly even a bit nicer. Most importantly, my girl was ecstatic. Great job guys and thanks!

9/26/11

I ordered my girlfriend a ring (not THAT ring yet) on the site and it was beautiful and delivered without a hitch. It looked exactly as it did in the photos. I must say I was a bit nervous ordering on line but i had strong recommendations from a few friends that have ordered in the past plus i called the customer service line and badgered them with questions. They were great and patient with this novice and walked me thru the process so i took the plunge! I could not be happier! The prices are great and the service was really fantastic. The ring came quickly and made my GF very very happy. When I do go to buy THAT ring I will for sure come back to myjewlerybox for sure... In fact I may just do that in the coming holidays! Thanks for simplifying the process for me guys!

9/26/11

I ordered a pair of diamond stud earrings for this website last month not knowing what to expect (since it was my first time shopping for jewelry online). I could not have been happier with the delivery time (2 days!) and with the quality of my earrings! They are gorgeous, and I get compliments about them all the time!
Definitely going to be coming back for Christmas this year for my mum and husband.

8/18/11

I love shopping here and strongly recommend them! I honestly have no idea what these other reviewers may have experienced but I can honestly say that I have been a long time customer at myjewelrybox.com with almost 10 orders in about 2 years and have only had amazing service and amazing product show up at my door! I can't find better pricing or value or service anywhere!

1/7/11

Don't buy anything from this company. I purchased a ring (size 5) on November 29, 2010 as a Christmas gift for my girlfriend. 2 weeks had gone by and I still had not received any shipping information. I called the company, and the customer service rep had no idea what the problem was. I was told that a message would be put into the warehouse, and he would call me back the following day. The following day, no call back. I called again 2 days later and spoke to another rep. I was told that they did not have a size 5 in stock, but they would take a size 6 and resize it for me down to a 5 and send it out promptly. I complained that they should not be advertising things on their website that they don't actually have in stock, and of course was given the runaround.

A few days later, I see shipping information for the alleged size 6 that they resized for me. The shipping information then disappeared the next day. So I called again. This was a week before Christmas now. I was told that they don't know what happened to the package that had the resized ring, which is why the shipping information disappeared. It was "lost". How does this happen? Oh keep reading, it gets better.

I tell this rep that I don't care what they have to do, but they better get me a ring by that Monday morning. And I was firm that the company is to pay for overnight shipping to guarantee that I get it by that Monday morning. The rep tried to argue with the overnight shipping, to which I responded to talk to a supervisor and make it happen. They finally agreed to send me a size 5.5 ring, overnighted. In this case, I needed to resize the ring down to a 5 myself. This is 3 days before Christmas now.

Miraculously, I was able to get the ring resized in time to give the ring to my girlfriend on Christmas Eve. I spent $50 of my own money to resize the ring because of this company's inefficiencies. So of course, when I call customer service again to request reimbursement for the $50, I was told the most they can give me is $15. Unbelievable. 4 weeks of hell with this company. NEVER AGAIN.

Folks, be wise and take my advice. Stay far away from MyJewelryBox.com. Lousy bunch of scam artists and useless customer service.

1/4/11

My (eventual) Fiance and I purchased a 2c tdw. Weddning Bridal/Engagement set from MJB.com this past December.

Nor the picture or the description shows that the center stone is a 4-piece illusion setting, (which it is), and they have poor set gaps in between the stones.

The picture shown on the website shows a combination of round cut and square cut diamonds in the bands, (which is why I chose it) and the actual ring has only square cut diamonds.

The claws that hold the center stones, are all uneven at different heights. The moment I opened the box for the first time, it was entirely obvious that the center stone setting was Crooked-AND-offset from the band.

We took the ring set to a local jeweller, because we weren't sure if we were being too 'Picky"....but the woman behind the counter noticed each of the flaws we did (and more), without us even mentioning the defects to her first! My ring, which had never been worn, looked like a dull, dirty, 100-year old ring in comparison to the other rings in the Jewelery Store cabinet, I hadnt realised just how dull the ring was until we wen't there.

We purchased this ring on Dec. 8th, paid for the RUSH 5-7 business day shipping, to ENSURE we received it for Christmas Day, and it didn't arrive until the 30th!!!

I opened the box for the first time, and the hinge on the back of the wooden box it came in failed instantly!

I have much sympathy for the customer service reps on the phone, because I have spoke with them at least 6 times, and they are all very courteous, and helpful; do all they can to assist, but its the company to blame. The reps are obviously not the one's 'making' the jewellery, or the boxes they come in.

Thank-God for their 30-Day return policy. We'll see if they can hold up to that promise.

Bottom line: Don't trust the photos, and DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!

2/2/10

Site is good - but these guys are awful in terms of order fulfillment -- I would go to target.com before these guys -- I ordered a ring 1.5 weeks ago and they are telling me that it is still being sized ... I guess I will have to stop payment on the order -- I am not happy and recommend that you go elsewhere if you are looking for jewelry.

2/2/10

My first purchase from this site was pretty good, shipping was on time, etc etc... However my second purchase was not good. I ordered a ring, which should be here by now, but it isnt. I sent many emails regarding this and other problems and have never gotten a reply for one of them. I don't know what their malfunction is but it seems pretty serious and will effect anyone who wants any type of customer support.

1/29/10

This company is horrible. Nice products, but the customer service is impossible. I sent out numerous emails, and questions on their forms inquiring about product and sizing. I got one response, very late, that did not answer my question. When I returned the product that was their mistake, I received the same mistake AGAIN. When I got through, they offered to resend it in the correct size, and pay for the shipping. When I received the third ring, it was the wrong size.

I have complained to the company and the response I got was they did everything in their power to satisfy me by giving me free shipping.

Sadly, if that's the best I can do, by hardly responding to any questions, before and after receiving the wrong products, I'm terribly disappointed. I can't believe a company can send out the wrong thing three times, and hardly even apologize.

Maybe if they offered a discount for having such a bad experience, they could've kept my business. However, after a month and no christmas present still for my girlfriend because of their poor service, I am returning the product and spending my money elsewhere.

The Best Diamond Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber