US Government's NSF

customerservice@livecareer.com

710 Reviews for LiveCareer

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you.

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card.

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew.

1 star

davep46

Excellent

coryd7
10/18/14

My wife needed a site to make a resume and this site was free so we thought.
1st they get you at the download your resume for $1.95. I had a bad feeling when giving my credit card info and I was right. Several days later they billed $39.95 for I still don't know what. Something we never agreed to or wanted and if known was coming would have stopped it. So I'm extremely ticked off at this site for pulling what I feel is a a fast one on us. So be warned!

Tip for consumers: Be careful and make sure you call them after paying to make sure they do not bill you for anything else.

davidw180

Excellent customer Service.

jasond61
10/17/14

Great service

marcd17
10/17/14

I was changed for a full month or service after i had previously attempted to cancel after paying the first month. I did not wish to keep the service and have attempted to cancel multiple times each time telling me I was cancelled. Now today I received a charge of $40.96 on my credit card.

calviny2
10/16/14

The experience with the livechat was awesome I really enjoyed that!

jeffr494
10/16/14

Good experience - very helpful

patc43
10/15/14

Very helpful and excellent service!

glennr21
10/14/14

easy to use, pick a format or formats, fill in the blanks, save, and print or email...thats what I did and got a call to continue in the interview process within 4 days of signing up...

marciaj3
10/13/14

I signed for the one month period @$ 7.95 and got charged for a full year @$ 95.40. I did not want the full year. I cancelled online and received "confirmation of my cancellation" within a few hours. Nothing was mentioned about a refund. I waited a few days and called the customer service number and asked when I could expect my refund. She (Irish) calculated the days between cancellation and my request for refund and said I could expect a refund of $93.45 within 2-3 business days depending on my bank. A charge for use fee of $1.95 was deducted from the original fee of $95.40. This happened yesterday and today my refund of $ 93.45 has already been returned to my bank account. I would say this is excellent service and I would do business with LiveCareer again if the need arises.

Tip for consumers: If you cancel, do it online, then follow up with a call to customer service for your refund.

carolw30
10/12/14

quick, professional

urbainc
10/12/14

Awesome! I'm happy I created an account and subscribed for the service..

jasonm114
10/10/14

Thank you again for the great help!

barbit
10/10/14

I liked the resume options on the website, however, they DO NOT transfer over easily to Word. Extremely hard to edit.

kevinf26
10/10/14

Pros: Resume templates are good. Relatively easy to use to quickly create resumes. Keyword suggestions.

Cons: Predatory pricing and software scheme - They bill they you $40 per month after the 14-day trial for $1.95 for but they tell you this up front. But the $1.95 gives you full access to export your files as a Word document.

So then you just think, I'll make a few resume variants, export them to Word and then tweak them there. Sounds fair.

But unfortunately, after you've spent hours on fine tuning your resume and export it to word, you immediately notice that nothing can be changed without screwing up the formatting as the software exports each individual element as an object.

So basically now you're stuck editing within Liveplan and waiting for them to bill you an insane amount.

I contacted customer service and they refused to refund any money and offered me a hack excuse that it is not faulty software and could be the result of many other factors. In any case they offered to manually format the resume for me and I'm now waiting on that.

Best of luck all.

Tip for consumers: My advice is to use the 2-week trial. Make some resumes. Contact customer service and make them convert the resumes properly so as not to lock you in.

bradleyd12
10/9/14

Easy to navigate. Able to create a great looking resume with little difficulty. When I went to cancel the service, the process was easy and painless. Thanks you.

sanya-kayj
10/9/14

For cancelation

joanu
10/7/14

I got hired a week after I submitted my resume. Highly recommended.

ericd31
10/7/14

Saved me from a world of aggravation in a pinch! I needed a new resume, FAST! With the help of the tools and suggestions provided by LiveCareer, I was able to quickly put together a strong, succinct concept of what I bring to the table as a prospective employee. Thanks - I got the job!

jennyg11
10/6/14

I thought I was getting a FREE sample/look at a cover letter and was "roped into" buying it and then not being able to change/copy it. I honestly didn't need this - but - I did land a terrific job!

melindal5
10/6/14

Easy to use, but more than I wanted to pay.

marthal17
10/5/14

FIVE STAR ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Would highly recommend this site to all in need of resume services!

leel40
10/5/14

I am appalled with your company... you charge me a dollar to download my cover letter, than less than a month later charge me 46 dollars? are you insane? for what???? how do you justify this after downloading one sheet of paper? do you think this is fair or justified? I am disgusted angry and very upset!!! people are trying to seek employment and jobs so clearly they need money and you prey on it! you take your dollar, no1 reads any fine print and then you take almost 50? from people who don't have jobs and need it the most? unbelievable!

Tip for consumers: don't bother!

mikep92
10/5/14

I utilized the service for a new resume template. The charge to print was $5. I paid this at that time. They signed me up for a monthly service at $39.80 which I didn't agree to. When I received back to back charges for an August and September fee I contacted them in writing and called. I couldn't speak to a live person just automated tellers. I emailed them and told them to refund my money. They didn't! I received a response from them in email from a rep named Ainess with a ref# which proved to be a joke as they never followed up. I called my bank and they opened a fraud ticket and reimbursed my account but never received a response from LiveCareer. It's October 2nd and guess what happened on Oct 1st, yes, another charge of $39.80 from LiveCareer after I emphatically told them to stop. I emailed them again and no response. I called my bank and they opened another fraud ticket. So, my attorney gets notified today along with the Ohio Attorney General office. Stay away from this site. They have informative info but they're like the "mob", once you are in you can never get out!!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away if you value your bank funds.

dennisg24
10/5/14

I was very please with my service

demitriusd
10/4/14

Was very easy! The end results look great! Everybody loves the way my resume looks.

judyc21
10/4/14

Had a great experience with LiveCareer. Super easy navigation setting up my resume and the trial offer was super affordable!

shanayam
10/4/14

THIS SITE HAS MY BANKING INFORMATON AND I DONT KNOW HOW THEY GOT IT. THEY HAVE BILLED ME OVER $150 WORTH. TH EONLY REASON I NOTICED WAS BECAUSE MY ACCOUNT GOT OVER DRAFTED. I ENDED UP HAVING TO CLOSE Y ACCOUNT WITH MY BAN ENTIRELY AND WILL NOT BE OPENING UP A NEW ONE. THIS ACOUNT IS A SCAM AND I WILLNEVER USE I AGAIN. THEY ARE LOCATED IN A WHOLE NOTHER CONTRY, AND WHEN YOU GO TO THE SITE TO GET HLP IT DOESNT WORK AND IT SAYS IT HAS 24 HUR HELP BUT THEIR CHAT BUTTON DOESNT WORK. IT IS RIDICULOUS, AND I WILL BE FILING A POLICE REPORT.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE!

michaelw107
10/4/14

Easy Step by Step instructions with plenty of templates to help write your resume for a very low cost. You can enter your info and see how it looks before you buy which I liked.

sharim3
10/4/14

LiveCareer help me create & design the perfect resume. I received many calls from potential employers after having posted my new resume and thanks to LiveCareer I start my new job next week!

elizabethd42
10/3/14

I used this live career to make a cover letter and a resume ...It was easy and very user friendly... The same day I was able to print both out and send it along with my application. ..Thanks to live career for helping me land the job ...I would definitely recommend it to anyone having trouble building a resume or cover letter

deborahs22
10/3/14

Excellent customer service. Templates easily navigated with great success.

kilipenip

pretty awsome

cathyd12
10/3/14

My experience was very informative.

carmenn3
10/3/14

This is a good service however the only gripe I have is that it said at the beginning it was free but when I created my lovely cover letter it would not let me send it without paying the small fee. All in all some people are willing and able to pay the membership fees but I am not at this time however for those who can I think they will like the resumes and cover letters that they can create. Also the live customer service is great for any problems one may experience.

ediet1
10/2/14

The site is wonderful! It is easy to use - even for an ordinary person! It has great suggestions for wording and organizing and is easy to edit. I used it to help my son Michael Videtti prepare his resume and we are both delighted with the results.

brandeet
10/2/14

Got a job almost immediately with the updated resume. Also very simple and easy cancellation services. Did it all online with the representative. Very satisfied. Never paid for a resume before this site and their selections are awesome! And downloadable!

emmam41
10/1/14

I used Live Career for my Resume and Cover. The service is easy to use and when I did not need it any more there was no hassle to cancel.

jeffk37
9/30/14

Writing resumes and cover letters was a easy. Multiple formats for any preference. I
The only problem I felt like I faced which might have been user error was a slight agitation with pulling up previously written resumes and trying to forward them to my printer, email or another printable document.

tonyaf6
9/30/14

This website is great, I definitely recommend for anyone needing to upgrade their resume!

vincentep
9/28/14

Your website was very informative, it helped to create a resume and cover sheet
for my future employment. Thank you very much. *****

wayneh33
9/27/14

The site and materials were very helpful .

derrickk12
9/27/14

Excellent! I love this site! The Resume builder helped me build a Resume that no one could turn down!

tracio
9/26/14

They are overpriced at $39.80 per month. I canceled my account exactly 16 days after using their site. I understood this was a 30 day trial...like 99.99% of the web and they say I owe them. Of course that is how these rip-off sites make their money. Get it on the 1st pmt, then who cares if you use their service.

9/26/14:: Update Live Career did refund my money..$38 less the $2 fee. Awesome.. appreciate the refund. BUT don't put customers thru the ringer...not fair to my time to have to spend so much time and 4 emails to get refund. By the time you guys finished...your cost per account were almost as much as my refund. Be smart with your resources!! Still wont recommend based on more hassle than help.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your $40!!! Instead of using this site to build a resume...look for templates and examples of people within your own profession.

lourdesz
9/26/14

Pleasant and easy to navigate

brandicer
9/26/14

I used this site and was under the impression that it was a 30 day trial as well and was taken by surprise to see almost $40 dollars taken from my bank account with not even an email with some notice or anything. due to the amount of reviews I've seen from just today this site should look into sending out perhaps a warning email to the one you provide when signing up. The site wasn't even too helpful for me I couldn't send the template of my email even after I had paid for the trial.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE OF THE CONFUSION OR YOU WILL BE $40 SHORT IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT

lorij13
9/26/14

I signed up for the free trial period, started a resume, due to possible career change. I ended up not leaving my job and then forgot about my account here. When I checked my credit card I saw the charge and that jolted my memory. Through my own fault, I forgot to cancel my account. I called the customer service agent and they very politely and professionally assisted me with canceling my account. She didn't pressure me into staying and understood my reasoning. I appreciate that.

Tip for consumers: If you sign up for free trial period, pay attention to the dates.

corrined1
9/26/14

It was very helpful in updating my resume.

johnd288
9/26/14

Live Career's resume builder was essential in helping me develop a curriculum vitae that supported my pursuit of a "c" suite executive level position in a global company. I was very pleased with the finished product and I love my new job!

Best Career Advice Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber