US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 100 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 58 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 23 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lisah113
3/28/15

I signed up for a $1.95 print fee. Read EVERYTHING on the site. I was excited to have a new fresh outlook on my resume. Comes to find out ... HIDDEN CHARGES. They charged me $39, I'm not sure for what.. but I think it's probably what everyone else is talking about.. "a subscription". And it gets even better... you CAN'T GET A HOLD OF ANYONE via phone, email, or live chat! ... Ok, maybe it gets even better... you CAN'T CANCEL your "subscription" online, there is absolutely no where to.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS SITE

angelab59
3/26/15

This company is a scam, the auto renewal is ridiculous, and you can not find the info on it on their website. There is no money back guarantee as stated. I would not recommend this to anyone, beware and do not sign up or give them your visa.

Tip for consumers: Do not use it!

ashleyo10
3/26/15

They advertise a free resume builder until you go to print it. Then it says its a $1.99 to download it once you sign up for the monthly subscription but you must cxl it before 14 days or you will get charged. After I got the resume that I paid for I went on to cxl the account but could never find where it says to cxl the account. So I sent a message through their site, where it says they get back to you in 24 hours, stating that I couldn't find where to cxl my account so I was putting it in writing that I wanted to cxl. I have yet to get a confirmation that it was cxled and today I find that my card was charged $35.80. At this point im furious so I call to let them know that I had cxled but still got charged and they basically tell me I must have sent it to the wrong email address, even though I sent it through their website, and why didn't I call to cxl it. I explained I thought it was already cxled because I sent them the cancellation via their website email and I was told by a rep Lacey and a supervisor Jasmine that basically I should have cxled it the right way and since I didn't they would only do a partial refund?!?!? needless to say, I'm not happy at all and I would NEVER refer them to anyone. as a matter of fact, I would tell people to run from this company with a quickness

janisj2
3/25/15

What I needed .When I needed it.

jenniferb95
3/25/15

The resume builder was fantastic, and I got a job in less than 2 weeks!

annettah
3/25/15

I finally started working by doing a few shadow and training shifts on payday i got 70 pounds, i paid my rent and went to buy some food, at the shop my card was rejected, i called my bank to find that a payment of 22.95 had been taken out by livecareer. Thinking this was a mistake i contacted there customer services via their live chat, aparently the free cv builder had not only cost me the 1.95 i had to pay to print it out but i had BY PAYING the 1.95 i had further agreed to pay them a monthly subscription fee, so it has cost nearly £25 for a FREE CV, I have now email the customer services and hope they will sort this unauthorised payment out I have tried to talk to two on livw chat but it's like talking to a brick wall, im not holding my breath. How can these companies get away with these practices. No wonder there head office is in BERMUDA

Tip for consumers: Don't

gg38
3/25/15

It is a website offer low charge for editing my resume to get my credit card information. Then will automatically charge the card a monthly $39 fee, I did not realize that I need to cancel their service after the trial. They basically offered no service for the monthly fee, just a trap to get the money. Be Aware!!!

Tip for consumers: Cancel their service right away.

mrp4
3/24/15

This is a Scam! Build your free resume, pay $1.95 to print it so you can hopefully get a job right? Watch out because you just Signed up for them to take $40 a month out of you! Forget the 24 hour support! If you have an hour or two kill then you might reach someone. What do you get for that $40. Well the customer service rep who we will call Peggy (because dude sounds like Peggy from that capital one scam commercial lmao!) Couldn't answer that for me. Long story short if your looking to get screwed then go spend the hundred on a hooker, at least the hooker isn't gonna screw you with fine print! Beware!

Tip for consumers: Scam

caylar
3/24/15

While I was well aware of the monthly subscription charge, I attempted to cancel this by canceling my subscription, which I did in January. I have tried several times since to access my account, just to see if I made a mistake & didn't cancel correctly, etc. My account can no longer be accessed, so it is obviously canceled. I have continued to be charged in Feb & March & have tried with no success to reach customer service for a refund & to make sure I'm no longer charged. I've emailed, tried live chat, & sat on the phone forever waiting to speak with someone with no success. This "customer service" is ridiculous.

israels14
3/23/15

The web site leads you to believe this is a free service. But once you finish they have a 1.95 fee to print resume. After spending an hour on there site completing your resume you say " F" it and pay the 1.95 thinking you just want to be done. After the hour you don't notice the small print at the bottom. $39.80 per month $477.60 per year not worth it and they know it. Thats why the website is set up to be misleading. After i realized my account had been hit 3 months at $39.80 i called customer service and listened to music for about an hour and a half.... Nobody ever answered.... went online ..used website chat, i had to login to cancel. They refused to give any refund not even for the $39.80 that was still pending in my bank account. Would not recommend this website to anyone!!!

Tip for consumers: Buy resume software its cheaper and headache free.

emmas44
3/22/15

THERE IS NO WAY THIS SERVICE COULD WARRANT AN HONEST POSITIVE REVIEW. SEEMSCA LITTLE FISHY TO ME. WHY WOULD SONEONE BOTHER TO WRITE A REVIEW AFTER BEING CHARGED AN ASTRONOMICAL AMOUNT OF MONEY WITHOUT BEING TOLD FOR A VERY BASIC SERVICE THAT REALLY SHOULD BE FREE. AND SEEMS STRANGE THAT EVERY POSITIVE REVIEW BASICALLY SAYS THE SAME THING. THE VERY SAD THING IS THEY ARE PROBABLY MAKING LOTS OF MONEY BY DEC IRVING PEOPLE. HOW DO SOME PEOPLE SLEEP AT NIGHT. AND THE THING I REALLY HATE IS A LOT OF THE PEOPLE THEY ARE SCAMMING ARE PROBABLY REALLY DOING IT TOUGH AND ARE ATTRACTED TO THE SITE BECAUSE IT DOES SAY FREE RESUME BUILDER. IF I WAS GOING TO PAY $40 A MONTH FOR USING A RESUME SUBSCRIPTION I WOULD WANT IT TO DO A LOT MORE THAN THIS CHEAP SHABBY SERVICE.

jede3
3/22/15

This site offers you "low cost" or "free" trials, then auto bill you $39.95 per month with no way to cancel. I have been trying to call and email but no one ever responds. This is a shameful practice and terrible way to do business. They need to be reported to BBB and pushed out through Social Media to get media attention of their scamming practices. I want my money back and account canceled.

Tip for consumers: Beware! They will take you money and keep billing you! Yes, it's one of those scam sites, not really there to help you but take your money.

Call attention to this site to get the media and BBB to bring them to light!

emmak19
3/22/15

I am a high school student that only needed to print a resume one time. Upon paying the $1.95 for printing once, the resume never printed and I still paid the $1.95 because I figured it wasn't that bad. Little did I know that after trying to cancel my subscription that day, it never went through and I was just charged $39.80 for a service I NEVER USED. I'm so frustrated and angry with the deception this website contains.

treiab

Dear Anna B,
Don't you get tired of replying to all the 1 star reviews from disappointed and disgruntled customers. I have run a successful company for 10 years now - good ethical business practice is of up-most importance and because of this, we have maintained a .001% complaint rate over 10 years. I would hate to see Live Careers complaint rate.
You have a good product yet your terms and conditions are deceiving and your customers are left with bad taste in their mouths when they are charged for a subscription that they did not know they signed up for. I have listed your charge of $39.80 US as an unauthorized payment with my financial institution.

Tip for consumers: The following is what is sent to you via email after you create and download your resume:

Account Management
If for any reason you do not want to take advantage of your free LiveCareer membership, you may delete this account.

There is nothing FREE about your account

brandond18
3/20/15

As a uni student, I found themall price of $1.95 very reasonable and I thought it would be useful to create my resume. However, little did I know that after using the website once, I would be debited 40$USD two weeks later without confirmation. As a uni student already struggling with money, these hidden fees are very costly. Yes I am sure that these fees were stated in the fine printed but this has now set me back 40$USD for using the site once. Not happy and do not recommend.

Tip for consumers: Be careful..

melissag33
3/20/15

You have emailed me Anna so thank you for acknowledging my significant dissatisfaction in your company's ethical conduct. I think I used this company's services once a few years ago and have just discovered they have been drawing a monthly fee ever since. Apparently it is written in the small print on their website that they will continue to bill you regardless of whether they are doing anything for you - outrageous! I like others don't have time to read the small print, I assumed I was receiving one product for one fee. This company is refunding me 4 payments out of the potential 36 that I have made, I do not think this is satisfactory

Disappointed
Dr Melissa Gilbert
FRCNZGP

lutherw10
3/19/15

Was out of work the latter part of last year. Located your service on the internet and was able to compile a resume & a cover letter. Was able to secure a position. Enjoyed working with LiveCareer

jh243
3/17/15

They offer you a "free 14-day trial" but if you don't cancel or check your credit card statements, they continue billing you $39.80 USD indefinitely. Their "always available!" phone staff are not available. Emailed them to cancel, wrote them a review to cancel, tried "live chat" but "Live Chat is now closed" and sent them ANOTHER email to cancel, nothing.

No one is getting back to me and I used their service once for $2 or so. As Splashing D commented previously, is this legal? Yes. Is it in their Terms of Service? Yes. Is it ethical? No.

Their profiles might be easy, but don't give money to a company who doesn't hold itself to ethical standards.

Tip for consumers: Don't. Just don't.

tinof4
3/17/15

Great, honest, and honorable company to work with. Making a contact was easy
and the agent on line was fantastic ( Zack) Thank you

mattc55
3/16/15

Nice site, but this is a SCAM!!! They advertise this as a FREE service when this company registered their site with the major search engines. Then they count on the fact that you put time into your resume, and when you get to the final step, then they jab you with a charge, and get you hooked on a subscription that many people are not able to cancel unless they come on here to vent their frustrations for being handled badly.

FREE IS FREE!!! If you are going to charge on the FINAL step, then SAY SO on the first page!! Its Pretty disgusting to do to people - Yes people need to read the fine print, but this company has NO business advertising as FREE!! I see the same customer support rep on here, hiding behind the BS about their disclaimer, which is NOT up for easy viewing. You have to actually look for it, and when you are on a supposedly FREE site you dont expect to get smacked at the last step with a fee, of which the kind where they hope you dont realize they have you on a subscription and then they can charge you blind. People are not getting help from the Live Chat or customer service email support, so people have to take it to this site, and then the company all of a sudden cares since they dont want other people to think they are hiding behind a website and charging as they please once they get your credit card info. This is basically a semi-legitimate SCAM! No customer support agent hiding behind their CROOKED terms of service, can justify this ridiculousness!

DO NOT USE THIS SITE!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO CHANGE THEIR POLICIES, AND PUT THE TERMS UP FRONT FOR EASY VIEWING,AND ALSO STOP ADVERTISING AS FREE. GOOGLE AND YAHOO, AND COUNTLESS OTHER SITES ARE FREE TO VISIT AND NAVIGATE AS WELL. LOOK ON MS OFFICE ONLINE AND DOWNLOAD A TEMPLATE AND MAKE YOUR OWN RESUME!! DONT WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME WITH THIS SCAM!!

Even just 1 Star is WAY too much for this site!! You have been warned!! Thankfully I didnt give these scam artists my Credit Card number, but I still feel the need to come here and warn people about this nonsense! There are other sites that do the same thing, but its powered by the same service (Live Career) and is no different!

Tip for consumers: Stay Away, and just download a template from MS Office Online for FREE (for REAL). It takes more time, but you get a better result, and you dont have this SCAM of a company wasting your time!!

anthonym102
3/16/15

Very easy site to use to get a professional resume with lots of other tools to aid people in preparing and continuing their job search.

tanishab
3/13/15

MY RESUMES HAD BEEN SHABBY..... I WAS EVEN TOLD BY AN EMPLOYER THAT MY RESUME WAS UNPROFESSIONAL I HAD TAKEN THE CHEAP ROUTE AND CREATED THEM MYSELF, AFTER RUNNING ACROSS LIVE CAREER I WAS IN RESUME HEAVEN... ITS AMAZING AND IM NOW EMPLOYED WITH A VERY REPUTABLE COMPANY..THANKS LIVE CAREER..OH YES IM A REAL PERSON WITH A REAL REVIEW...

colleend8
3/12/15

The website is so user friendly, and the customer service was excellent! They were very quick to answer any questions I had, and were very cooperative.

I was easily able to create several different resumes and cover letters to go along with them. The website had great suggestions and all kinds of different layouts to choose from for all different types of resumes. I definitely recommend this site! It is so worth it!

nicholasb23
3/11/15

As others have stated you are openly allowed to use the site until you desire a downloaded copy of the resume youve been working on. At which point, having already done hours of work on your document you are asked to fork over cash to make the download. I paid the fee approximately 12 months ago, I have since unbeknownst to me being charged a ludicrous 4 week fee. I am a student and did not notice for a while, now having fallen on stiff financial times, I saw my account wiped for practically all of its contents. I must of paid hundreds to this site, its a mockery, I am not from US and thus the majority of the features are non-applicable to me. (another factor they forgot to mention). I tried speaking with their live help team, waited 15 minutes before I was told no one was coming and to try later. E-mailed, no response as of yet. Now I find my self unable to pay for the trip to university/college for the next three weeks to do my studies. Thanks a bunch live career

johnp228
3/10/15

This is a good resume-building site. I found their tools useful and was pleased with the way my resume turned out. BEWARE OF HIDDEN CHARGES after printing your resume or cover letter. When I printed my documents, I didn't notice that I was also automatically registered for an automatically self-renewing subscription (for example, its cost was not included in the receipt). I called customer service to complain about the $41 dollar charge that appeared on my credit card four weeks later and they were semi-responsive. I was reimbursed $30. Go ahead and use their website, but USE IT CAREFULLY.

stevem165
3/10/15

I used it for one time, it charged me for 39 dollars. They said they sent me a email to confirm the charge which I did not see at all. Just never use it.

debaruns
3/9/15

I visited the website just to make a resume and I was charged $ 1.59 on 19th February. Today they deducted $ 40 from my credit card without my permission. I feel cheated.

clintonp4
3/8/15

I got on this website to write up a resume. Soon to figure out you have to pay for the first download AFTER im on here for 2 hours writing up my resume

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!! THEY ARE ALL NAZIS

joshuah33
3/7/15

I used Livecareer as a platform to update my Resume and Cover Letter, I couldn't be more pleased with the service provided. I've told colleagues, friends and family to use Livecareer if and when they need to update their Resume.

tiffanys29
3/6/15

I used Live Career to build my resume, at the end of that process it asked to pay a fee of $1.95 to print or download. The fine print said that after 14 days it would charge you monthly fees. A couple days after I got back on the site and cancelled the subscription. Thinking I had cancelled it I didn't think to check my account for it. I noticed they charged me for $39.80 for the month. I again went on and cancelled the subscription and watched my account the next month. Again, I was charged $39.80, I tried emailing and asking to unsubscribe me and to refund my money. After sending it in 4-5 times I still have not heard a reply. DO NOT USE THIS SITE IT'S A SCAM!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE IT'S A SCAM!

louiser26
3/5/15

I took up your trial offer, but have recently found that I have been paying a subscription £22.95 a month since August 2014. As I have just realised this I checked your site and appears you are an American company and I am in England. There are no jobs on your site in England, so why would I need to subscribe to your site. I spoke with an agent on live help to ask how to cancel and when I explained I was in England the agent asked me to be more specific. I seemed to getting nowhere explaining the situation. I found this of no help.

marisoli
3/4/15

My previous resume wasn't all that. I really needed some help making it sound professional, look neat and included everything in order. Using my new resume I got more calls back than using my old one. Got a interview a day later and my now new job thinks that my resume was the best one they seen.

andresm25
3/1/15

As many people in this website, I feel robbed. I only had the purpose of write only one resume for $1.95 and I believed in LiveCareer, yet it was a mistake. They made a subscription for $40 per month; unfortunately I did not read the smaller letters where they explained this payment.

Tip for consumers: Take care!

robertf68
2/28/15

Paid $35 yesterday to make my resume. Today I have to send to 5 companies before days end. All 5 contacted me and I told them I would have it to the today. Cannot get online and download it now. Site is all messed up or something. Tred live chat at 2pm and they said try it again in a few hours. Now it 4:30 and still doesnt work. Tried live chat and no one is there. Timed out several times for no response. I want my money back! I am going to call my card company and request a charge back. TERRIBLE SERVICE! I have 30 minutes to write another and send it. ugh.

hunterl16
2/27/15

This website is amazing! It helped a lot with getting everything put together!

alisonc9
2/26/15

I purchased an annual membership with live career. Love the templates, used their professional writers to create a great resume and cover letter. Loved the service until i tried to duplicate the resume and save different versions. Talked with their customer service. chatted online to a tech services representative the tech rep told me the site is not compatible with iMac and suggested i used a different computer to access their services. Why is this not referenced up front on their page? What a total con for what would otherwise have been a great service

Tip for consumers: Love the site, just does not work on an iMac, so sign up but do not expect it to work for managing a job search

danielh72
2/26/15

I love the way my resume looks.

lesliel19
2/24/15

resume builder made it so easy to create and update my resume. no guess work, just sign up, step by step fill in the information, save, print or email, DONE!!
recommend and will use it again if need to.

kentag
2/24/15

I am terrified to learn that there are so many victims like me.
This company withdraws approx. $50 monthly from August 2014 until now. I just used free trial once in August and I just realised a series of withdrawals!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company!

jeanniem4
2/22/15

Excellent selection of templates and easy to use.

marlenem12
2/22/15

LiveCareer had great tools to help me to build a great resume and cover letter that looked professional, presented me well, and I believe it helped me get a job very quickly. It was easy to work with, but I liked that if I needed help, there was great support available.

emilp10
2/22/15

I visited this cheat site just to polish my resume for $1.95 and 14 days resume subsribtion ... or at least this was written with bold letters. Unfortunatelly I did not read remainig text with smaller grey letters, which says that my subscribtion started and it should cost me almost $40 per month. After 3 months I realized that there are strange charges from my credit card for this so called "subscribtion". Durring this 3 months I received just spam mails from livecareer.com and nothing that looks like a service. I did not even entered in their site.

P.S. one star is too much.

Tip for consumers: Beware and stay away - this is absolute SCAM!

christinep20
2/21/15

Site did nothing for me and when membership is cancelled I did not receive a refund for fee paid within 3 days. So now I am stuck with another month.

haleya
2/21/15

I used LiveCareer once and paid the cheap fee to have my resume checked then I deleted my account and yesterday I went to buy groceries and found my visa debit declined and I knew I hadn't spent any money I get home and there's a $46.32 charge from LiveCareer I am very frustrated I deleted my account and I am a college student so I can't really afford this stuff happening to me I sent a message through the customer service panel on the website and nothing. As for your emails regarding renewal maybe you should check up on the fact that you're being marked as spam whenever you send them out I know personally i delete my junk folder daily so there's that as well all in all watch out for this company they'll do anything to weasel money out of you

eliasb30
2/21/15

I stumbled upon this web site. You get to choose a template and then you are prompted with a series of fill in the blank statements. I found the process very easy for a computer illiterate like me. I can barely do more than read my email but I found the resume process very easy. I like the opportunity to proof read and correct my entries.

ryanr43
2/20/15

I was able to create a very professional looking resume and download it for a cheap fee. This was a super simple process and I would do it again in the future if needed.

terryj25

great

barbaran18
2/19/15

I had the best results using LiveCareer...I was able to cross match, got many ideas. Unbelievable results. Will pass your site on to others.

manuela36
2/19/15

easy to use website thanks guys for helping me with my resume

daneillec
2/19/15

With the assistance of this easy to use website, I produced a resume and cover letters that helped me obtain the position I interviewed for! Customer service has been very helpful and quickly responded to my inquiries. Highly recommend.