US Government's NSF

richardc1

256 Reviews for LiveCareer

▼ Sort by: recent

4/14/14

I paid for the 14 day trial, although the resume builder templates and guides are great, I had some problems with downloading and printing the resume. As a result I chose to cancel my subscription within two days. I cancelled using their site. Before I cancelled i was given the message to review my resume again get pointers on my resume and download a plain text copy. I did, and afterwards I was shown my subscription had been cancelled. Unfortunately 12 days later i was charged the full price. I called to find out why, to my shock there was no record of my cancellation but the representative was willing to prorate my refund (give back most of my money but charge me something) as a courtesy. I asked if there was somewhere i could send my initial cancellation email, so that I could prove that yes, I did cancel during the 14 day trial. I was asked if i was willing to accept the refund, implying that if I was my proof that i was charged in error didn't matter. I appreciate getting my money back but i should not have been charged. If you use the 14 day trial and cancel please keep you emails. You may be charged anyway.

4/13/14

I would give it no stars as they charge you a huge monthly fee that you do not agree to. Luckily they do reverse it if you request it ( at least they said that they would. I 'll have to see if it comes through). What a shoddy company!!!!

4/11/14

What a scam!!!

They opened a ticket for my claim of being robbed twice by them, but now that I asked for an email as a proof of my membership cancellation, they can't find me in their system... jajaja this must be a joke!

4/11/14

Too bad I can't give a quarter of a star... This Sucks!
And I don't need a response from the rep. I got all the feedback from you that I need.

4/7/14

Never sign up with them trial offer has an end an autorenewal happens you get charged 39.95 what a rip job dodgy as will be looking into who you can complain to in the states about shifty companies

Charlie form down under

4/3/14

I paid for a one off service service of $0.95 then they charged me $39.50 after 14 days. Had I only known. I've called my credit card company about this.

4/3/14

This was the worst experience I could Have!!!

Below the problem and conversation with this company:Please wait for a customer service representative to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Erika'
Erika: Hello, thank you for using LiveCareer Help. How may I help you today?
azucena: Why is your company charging me every month $35.80???? I did not accept this!!!!
azucena: to my credit card....
Erika: Hello Azucena.
azucena: hi
Erika: I can help you with that. May I please have the email address used to create the account?
azucena: lsazucena@gmail.com
azucena: it says register free....
azucena: free to join...
Erika: Apologies for the misunderstanding. Our free account is meant to let users try out our templates, designs and examples before deciding to buy. The free account does allow you to download the resume as a text file, which you can use to submit to job boards, company websites, or any site requiring a text resume. However, if you want to print a resume to bring to an interview or email a professional looking resume in either PDF or Word format, you need a subscription. To download the PLAIN TEXT format for free, please click on DOWNLOAD and select PLAIN TEXT format.
azucena: i joined for a friend to help him with his resume.... not even for me.... and i am paying every single month...+
azucena: my god.... you don even have a clear notice on your website to cancel accounts.....
azucena: i waant to cancel... and my monye back
Erika: Just a moment please.
Erika: I see that you purchased a 14 day full access subscription for $1.95. If it’s not cancelled before the end of the 14 days, your subscription auto-renews into our monthly service. It does not appear that your subscription was cancelled and as a result, it auto-renewed into the monthly service. This is why you were charged the monthly subscription for $35.80. We stated that on our subscription sales page and the email confirmation we sent upon purchase.
Erika: I have cancelled your subscription and you will not be billed again. A confirmation email has also been sent to the email address registered to the account.
azucena: keep whatever money you wan´t to! Please I need confirmation that my account is cancel... and for your company to know that this type of mislead (cheating) wont make the company prosper.... i will copy&paste your explanation and insert in all my socialmedia....
Erika: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Erika: I can only imagine how you feel right now but we have informed you right after you purchase your initial subscription, I respect your opinion.
Erika: Regarding the charge, I will see what I can do.
azucena: please do...
azucena: keep it! i will put my experience on other websites just know....

3/22/14

I created a resume. When I downloaded it the bullets didn't line up and I had to retype the entire thing. It wouldn't let me move or delete them. On live chat I asked for a refund of my original $ .95 since I wasn't able to use the product. This was the response I got "The charge is valid since the account was used. The bullets that do not line up could be the software you are using to view the file". Ridiculous! Don't waste your time on this produce.

3/19/14

this site is RIDICULOUS. I paid the initial fee to make my resume using a re loadable Visa. After reviewing my charges on the card,I then noticed that they charged me for an 7 months at the rate of $34.95! Who thinks that keeping a resume should cost that much per month! REALLY?? $420.00 per year????? When I contacted them they said my fault for not understanding that they could keep charging me for a one-time service month after month.After objecting, they credited me back 2 months. BEWARE OF THIS SITE

3/19/14

TBH, I cannot speak to the quality of the product as I did not get a chance to complete the intended service.
I can however, say that the fee structure is very deceptive:
Sign up for "Monthly" fee and you will be charged annual amount. The verbiage on the various pages do not clearly state that you WILL be charged for an entire year and can only cancel AFTER that year. That is NOT a monthly fee payment structure.
The Chat services offered are responsive and provide appropriate credit but were rude and implied that I didnt know how to read:). I see it as deceptive wording left up to interpretation and I fell for the scam.
S o regardless of quality of service, they lost me with the BS.

3/18/14

The software that they use to walk you through the cover letter building process is very nicely done. Unfortunately, they lead you to believe that the service is initially free until you have spent all the time building your document. Once it is finished you realized that you are locked out of actually using it unless you sign up for a recurring payment of $40 per month, which they sneakily phrase as $10 per week. That idea that someone would pay $40 per month to store a resume or cover letter is just absurd with so many actually free alternatives. It's a shame to see an admittedly good product ruined by shading business practices.

3/18/14

The resume builder is excellent and really helps you to set up specific resumes for different types of job applications. My complaint is that they call it "free" and then after you spend and hour or so building your resume they tell you there is a charge. The charge screen clearly states that there is an auto renewal at $9.95 per week that is taken once per month but that you can cancel any time or there is a $7.95 per month fee that you pay yearly, up front and requires a one year commitment. I believe that paying $94.00 to create as many different resumes as you desire with professional quality is an appropriate charge but $40 per month is not-unless you are at the Executive level.

3/10/14

I signed up to help my 18 year old make a resume for a job. I did cancel that night. I have so many automatic withdrawals on my account i did not notice for the past 6 months they have been deducting $34.95 from my account. When I called them it took them forever to find my account (so how was I supposed to). The email was my son's and had been going into his SPAM folder. Not only would $34.95 be a ripoff for 1 resume, but imagine paying that times 6 for 1 resume with no work history. Anna B. please don't bother responding. You know you rip off people so don't even bother with your company lines. I don't know how you sleep at night. Karma is a $#*! though. You will reap what you sow.

3/9/14

SCAM!!! FRAUD!!! CROOKS!!! I SIGNED up for the 14 day trial and knew going in if I didn't cancel within the 14 days my card would be charged. So after I created the resume and e mailed it to myself I cancelled the very next day. I didn't even have the service 24 hrs. After I cancelled I even went back in the acct to sure it was cancelled. I had no more access to their services and even tried to click on the cancel again and got the message that the acccout had already been cancelled. I took a screen shot on my phone of this. Low and behold two weeks later I get a charge for 34.95. The representatives were extremely rude and basically told me if I didn't have an e mail from them the cancellation never happened. I have disputed this charge with my bank and ordered a new card. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They aren't even based in the United states which they know makes them that much harder to track. They will rob you blind if you let them.

3/8/14

This site is RIDICULOUS. I paid the initial fee to make my resume. I then noticed that they charged me for an additional month at the rate of $34.95! Who thinks that keeping a resume should cost that much per month! REALLY?? $420.00 per year????? What a rip off. This company sucks with their customer service. I cancelled one day after I noticed this charge go through for the month of march, and they WON'T REFUND MY MARCH PAYMENT. This company must be so hard for money that they enjoy ripping people off. Well played, scammers....well played.

3/7/14

I got scammed and Live Career put my bank account in overdraft. I used this resume site to help me get a job but i lost money instead. I might end up homeless. I'm gonna kill myself

3/5/14

Spent 40 minutes making my "free" resume just to find out that I can't even print it unless I pay. What a waste of my time.

3/4/14

This $#*!ing website charged me for 12 months. I just realized that I was being charged on my AmEx for something that I never used. The last time I used this website was to make a resume for my Technical Writing class for a trial period of $3. It's weird that nobody seems to be interested about the voice of these many people who were cheated by this cheap money making act. They took more than $400 from mt credit card. Be aware folks! $#*! LIVECAREER.COM!

3/3/14

In July I needed to update my resume. I found your site and completed the task. I did not realize that I would be paying for this for the last 7 months. And who needs to update your resume EVERY month. That is a scam. When I finally realized the amount was taken out of my account, I went to my bank to inquire. They had a heck of a time finding the phone number as if this company does not want to be found. They cheated me. I would never recommend this to anyone.

3/2/14

they lure you in with a low initial price then don't tell you that once that trial time is up they are going to charge $40.00 per month.

2/26/14

This website is such a scam! I signed up for a 14 day trial for $1.95, and of course they signed me up (without telling me) for recurring monthly charges of $40! I messaged with the woman, Diorella from LiveCareer and she claims in the confirmation email and on their website it is stated that they will continue to charge. Which of course is untrue because I never would have signed up for that. Its frustrating that a company supposedly trying to help someone who is already unemployed takes advantage and puts them even more in the financial hole. On top of it, I didn't even use the resume I made on their website because it looked horrible. Terrible, terrible, terrible!

2/24/14

The fact that Live Career has an employee(s) who spends time responding to hundreds of complaints with the better bureau and on forums like this rather than addressing the complaints by clearly stating their fee structure BEFORE the user invests time creating a resume and tries to print it says it all. The pages available to "nonmembers" use the word free repeatedly. The fact that you may have to pay for anything is not stated until you get to the print dialog box. If you try all of the several print options you will find you can print a plain text resume for free. So are they hoping to mislead you, or do they just have the worst web designers and quality control possible?

2/24/14

$#*! off "Anna B". This is by far one of the biggest rip off, scamming, piece of $#*! websites I've ever came across.

2/19/14

I had the same exact situation as the previous poster. I know I canceled but never received a confirmation. I also find it suspicious that a recurring billing site does not send monthly notifications of your service continuing - part of the scam to keep you oblivious if you're not verifying your monthly checking account statements.

I sent the information to my bank as a fraud complaint after reading the other messages here.

2/19/14

This is a real scam. free there is nothing free read my email trail and see for yourself how they will bill your credit card monthly of 34.00 and then you try and recover your money. they are a scam dont use your credit card dont use this site.

they billed me for 10 months prior to me picking this up on the credit card.
the card was used for the $1 free trial. see response saying i never used their site and it was evident that i had not used the site for 10 months but they kept billing me and billing me. what a company the next step is to report this to the fraud office as a scam so they are aware of this and more people can read about this mis-representation.so paid for ten months non use they credited 3.

beware scam scam scam

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting LiveCareer Customer Service.

We have already refunded you 1 of these transactions for $34.95

Since our policy is stated in several places on our site, and we do require that you cancel within the trial period, we do not normally issue refunds for users that fail to cancel their accounts. But in reviewing your case, we have agreed to make an exception, and issue you additional 2 refunds each in the amount of $34.95. You will see this amount back to your account within the next 2-3 business days.

2/17/14

THIS SITE IS A SCAM--- PLAN AND SIMPLE...
I USED THERE SERVICES AND CANCELLED AFTER THE TRAIL, THEN NEEDED TO REVISE MY RESUME AND PAYED TO DO SO.
I THEN DELETED THE ACCOUNT... 7 MNS LATER I HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR THE 34.96... WHEN I CALLED THEY SAID EVEN THOUGH THE ACCOUNT WAS CANCELLED AND DELETE THE SUBSCRIBTION CANCELLATION EMAIL WAS NEVER SENT... SO I WAS NOT ABLE TO RECIEVE A REFUND FOR ALL THE CHARGES... and before she agreed to cancel my account for the future --she charged me for the current month while I was on the phone with her... I happened to have my back account open to reference the dates of previous charges while we spoke and watched it happen... and threw a fit.. that one I was able to receive a refund for...this place is a $#*! hole of a business... I would use them if your were my last resort!!! STEER CLEAR!!!

2/10/14

I too wish I had read more about this before I had them help with a resume that I had the state of Florida's job assistant area already help me with.

2/9/14

Like every other person that has written a review for Live career, I was scammed. I signed up for the 14 day trial so I could print my "free" resume, which was actually $1.95. I did see the $9.99/week automatic payment, so after I printed out my resume, I cancelled immediately. There was no mention of receiving a confirmation email, so I figured everything was cancelled. Now, 7 months later, I realize I have been getting charged $36 a month.Yes, not catching that earlier is my fault, though I still don't understand how I didn't notice it.So, I called customer service this morning to dispute it. I read their terms of use policy, which basically says you can get a refund if you are not happy or something did not perform the way it was supposed to. Once mentioned to the operater she told me the same thing, so I told her obviously I was not happy with the product since I followed the directions(on their website) to cancel my subscription and still got charged. She refunded me for this month, but said she could not refund me for the past 6 months. I did not receive any kind of emails stating that I was still getting charged, or even that I was enrolled in the $36/month subscription. Never again will I use this site, and I will never recommend it to anyone. This is nothing but a scam.

2/8/14

The site claimed to offer free resumes so I created one only to find out when I went to print it that it would cost $1.95. Since I had spent the time to make it and the price wasn't that much I went ahead and payed. The surprise came 2 weeks later when my account was charged $39.80 for a subscription I was unaware I had signed up for. I cancelled the subscription immediately and asked for a refund of the $39.80. They cancelled the subscription but it remains to be seen if I will get my money back. If not that was a very expensive resume.

2/8/14

This was my first resume. I was lured in by the advertisement of "free resume builder", then realized if you want to print, it costs $1.95 for a two week trial, then $9.95 PER WEEK if you don't cancel. So I thought if I forget to cancel, at least it will only be a $10 charge, then I will cancel...WRONG!!!!! Two weeks later, I am charged $39.80 for a month!!! I received 3 emails the day I set up my account and heard nothing from them after that. Not even an email congratulating me on purchasing a month subscription. When I called customer service, I was reminded that it was my fault for not cancelling on time. I think that the way they advertise is wrong and deceptive. Most people who need this service don't have $40 a month to waste. Its obvious this company is here ONLY to rip people off. I would have paid $15 for that resume and been ok because it was helpful... but the way they advertise for $9.95 per week... is just down right deceitful and disgusts me. its WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!

2/7/14

What a scam! My daughter recently needed a resume and as it said "free resume builder" we decided to go ahead. After spending an hour or so working on this resume, it then said that for $1.95 to save. I told her yes because it would probably be worth it and $1.95 is not much anyway. 5 months later and have only just realised they have been charging me close to $40 a month for the privilege of what? I had no idea. What a fraud. Am so angry. Should have read this first!

2/7/14

This company is the biggest rip off I'm like a lot of people ripped off ,I spent all morning on this supposedly free CV writer to find at the end it cost £1.95 which I was not happy about but thought ah well I'll pay it now I've put all this time in it. Then I was charged 22.95 this month when I went on chat I got a sharp answer telling me I hadn't read the subscription correctly .Hopefully its been cancelled. Watch out everybody

2/4/14

Oh Man I just got Scammed. I don't why I didn't look up at reviews before I used this site. First of all I thought it was free, then I had to pay $1 for the resume and subscribed. They charged me 39 something dollars. I wanna kill somebody and I will get my money back. Somebody needs to stop these thieves.

2/4/14

livecareer.com is a disgusting company, that believes $40 a month for a resume and cover letter ‘helper’ is an appropriate charge. They are the company everyone fears, for they wheel you in with no mention of cash. After you build the resume, all of a sudden it is two dollars for a two week trial. Ok, not so bad, two dollars to download a decent resume. But if you don’t cancel what is called a TWO WEEK TRIAL, all of a sudden it gets shoved into a full subscription. $40 a month. Do you get customer service? No, you get to call some out of country center, where they read scripts in bad English. Do you get help from writers for FORTY DOLLARS A MONTH? No, that is an extra charge. If you were smart enough to look up the companies rating before dealing with them, congrats. Don’t be retarded like I was, by thinking they won’t screw you in the fine print.

2/1/14

OMG! I wish my daughter and her husband had read all of these reviews before they decided to use this scam artist's site. I'm glad I don't have "Anna B."'s job to answer all of these terrible reviews. I thought I had a chance to get a refund for 3 months of being charged $34.95 before I read these reviews. Wow. How does one put a stop to these fraudulent on-line companies. I don't even have to write my experience with this money-sucking company...the reviews are all the same as mine. Wow.

1/29/14

I used there site to build a resume for my wife and it was very helpful. What I didn't realize is that I was signing up for a monthly subscription to build a resume. (other then a resume writer who would need this?) Unfortunately I just realized today that I have being charged for months. Operators are rude and basically blame me. Stay away.

Anna B.,

You obviously have a flawed product based upon the many negative responses that have been posted, yet you continue to argue with your customers that it is their fault they didn't notice the subscription service fee information. If you indeed have a legitimate business, as you insist you do, then address the misleading aspects of your business proposition. I might even then become a customer. Failure on your part to address this problem suggests insincerity at best and fraudulent deception at worst.

1/28/14

After spending all morning building a resume I attempted to pay (yes, wasn't too happy after it said it was free but didn't want to waste my work) but could not download resume, and then could not access resume at all. I spent an hour with 3 different "help" people who kept giving me dumb advice and were not able to solve my problem, and I think made it worse. Eventually gave up an accepted fact I wasted a morning's work. Luckily my credit card info never went through.

1/28/14

This is a scam website which takes money from your bank despite being unauthorized. Avoid like the plague.

1/27/14

Spoke with Chie. She put me on hold for 39 minutes. This site is a full SCAM. Please tell your friends and family A SCAM. If I had to listen to CHIE any longer telling me how sorry she was but could not do a thing for me financially. Ridiculous

1/26/14

The funny thing is that I was terrified about signing up with this company after reading some of the negative reviews. HOWEVER, without looking the site over I saw FIVE ways to cancel this membership - including a self terminate feature that was written on my confirmation of payment email. It is literally posted on every page "NEED TO CANCEL" it's everywhere. The great thing is they don't require a phone call to do it either. Had that been the case I would NOT have signed up that you can be 110% positive of.

After looking at these posts I can only ask one question CAN'T YOU READ PEOPLE??? They offer cancellation EVERYWHERE on this site -
The big problem here is people are lazy and DON'T READ what is written. Expecting everything on the net to be free is a reflection of YOU. Nothing is hidden here whatsoever. Look down at the other positive posts those people can read. And it's NOT in any "hidden misleading" print it's everywhere including my purchase email.

If you don't believe me go look for yourself.

About the service: I like the resume builder A LOT. It is one of the better ones out there and YES you have to sign up inorder to download it. I did not know that until I tried to do it. They kind of give the impression that the whole boat is free but it's not. But what quality service or program is free? Many of the other free resume builder sites stink and are very limited. There are a few things I would add to this sites resume editor but it's good for what it is.

I did this resume for a friend and it was well worth the 2 bucks to get it in format and clean. Saved me lots of time.

This site based on what some of these people are saying is Not a scam.
Personally, I am happy with it and YES you can cancel anytime. The ONLY option they don't offer to a customer with regards to cancelling is by telekinesis. Otherwise call, chat, email, self terminate in your account options and you are out...

If you are job hunting give it a try. I am using the 14 day trial and I "might" keep it for a month to help out my friend otherwise I'll self terminate my account.

NOTE: HOWEVER, If I do get changed again after I cancel I'll be back here to tell ya'll about it for sure. And as nice as I was with this review I'll slam them with a horrible review. Stay tuned...

1/25/14

SCAM SITE. They say FREE resume builder, but ofcourse only the building part is free. The part where you download or print it requires payment of 1 dollar. And after a convenient 2 weeks they are in their offices rubbing their hands waiting to charge you 40 dollars for each month in the hopes of you forgetting you were forced to subscribe to pay for that one time resume you spent a few hours on but could not print. Use this site if you like paying 40 dollars for nothing. It will help the site fund its payment to google to display it as top result every time. America has really gone to hell. greedy f*ckers.

1/23/14

DON'T EVER USE THIS SITE! IT'S A SCAM!! I bought the 14 day trail for three dollars, but I was lucky and caught onto the "monthly renewal" scam. So I called a week after purchasing my resume and cancelled it. Then I check my bank statement and see a 35 dollar charge! I called and couldn't get a hold of anyone. FINALLY, I was able to reach someone. I explained that I had already cancelled my account but I was still being charged. The lady was so rude and disrespectful. She said that her records don't show it as cancelled, so I MUST BE LYING!! I demanded that she cancel my account and that I wanted a refund. She told me I wasn't going to get a refund and hung up on me. I finally canceled my account again through their live chat service but I am beyond furious with this. It's such a scam and I will be contacting authorities as well as my brother, who is an attorney. This company is not going to get away with this.

1/23/14

don't you ever use it. they just steal your money. they charged me $2 dollars to use their service for 7 days and after that they started charging me $ 35 dollars per month.

1/22/14

TOTAL SCAM!!! All their pricing is hidden and they make it seem like they will only charge you 9.95 after the 14 day period, but they just word it differently so some people do not recognize it as 38 dollars a month. MAKE IT CLEAR!!!! DO NOT BE SNEAKY by putting in BOLD the (9.95) and then the (/week) sign. That is clearly trying to trick buyers. I still am fighting to get my money back and I will. SCAMMING INNOCENT PEOPLE SO YOU CAN EARN MONEY IS PATHETIC!

1/20/14

This was a scam site. They charged me 1.99 to view a cover letter then came back and charged me recurring $35.80 per month. There was no confirmation sent and they had my email address. I had to argue with them to get a cancellation and a credit from my credit card company. They suck!!!!!

1/19/14

They are THIEVES. They put a fine print SCAM where they put in big letters "14 DAY TRIAL, $1.95" and then in fine print put "by paying for this trial you are allowing us to auto-renew you into $35 a month". OBVIOUSLY, their entire intention is to SCAM you. Who needs a subscription to a resume website? How often do you make a resume? SCAM. Sad, pathetic company that has to scam people out of money.

1/17/14

There are a lot of negative posts about this site, From my experience, they are by people who are too stupid to survive without warning labels. The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. If you are surprised by your account being charged by this site, it will take more then a well written resume for you to land a decent job.

1/15/14

I was very pleased with the service. When I initially paid the $1.95 charge, they clearly stated that the subscription must be cancelled within 14 days or my account would automatically be charged $39.80 every four weeks. I cancelled the subscription online within the 14 day time frame and am happy to report I had absolutely no problem in doing so. I was also provided a confirmation stating my subscription has been cancelled and also given a cancellation confirmation number. I have printed this for my records.

1/15/14

Just another greedy company designed to take customer's money. The service they provided was not good at all. If you give them your credit/debit card number, they will use it in disgusting ways. Don't fall for it!

About LiveCareer
Specialties & Business Description
LiveCareer provides resume building tools, resume templates and cover letter samples, as well as career tests and job listings.
Meet the Business Representative