US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 199 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 130 reviews)

anal58

The problem is as I explained to her I did not want to become a member, I only signed for the free 14 days trial. (in 63 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

amandas154
5/26/16

The experience was easy and seamless. The resume builder was easy to use and produced an impressive resume. Once needed, cancelling the subscription was just as easy.

sophiet4
5/26/16

So I thought I signed up for a free month. Turns out after that they were charging me monthly at a rate of $9.95 per week! Their unlimited monthly subscription is only $3 a month! Plus I never received a receipt for these payments so I had no idea. I must have spent hundreds of dollars with LiveCareer until I noticed. I'll be warning everyone to stay away from them.

trudyl4
5/24/16

Please, whatever you do, do not use this website to create a resume. You think they are charing you $2 to create a resume, then they start automatically billing your credit card every month. You get no notification that they are doing this, whatsoever, until you start noticing unusual billing on your credit card. As well, they change their billing name so it shows up as a different name on your credit card statement every month. My teenager used this site to make a resume, then my credit card was charged $50 a month for the next 7 months before I caught up with them. They WOULD NOT REIMBURSE ME A DIME, even though they took payment from a minor. This is a huge scam!! They provide absolutely zero service for the debits they take out of your account.

jahairab

Very helpful and professional

alih47
5/24/16

Great site ,great service!

deborahc58
5/24/16

While explaining my situation with Louis Solanto, he listened to me and took the information that I gave him to fix my account. I had called last month to cancel my account but it was never done. Louis was able to find out what had happened and why it wasn't cancelled. I am over joyed that he was able to help me.

sylviam18
5/24/16

I chatted with Jamie ( I think it was spelt a little different) she was soooo helpful, she or he really knows their stuff!!!!! I am so grateful for the help I received.
I certainly would recommend your company!!!

Thanks again Jaimi!!!!!!

chrism259

It was nice

kierann2
5/24/16

I spoke to Hector and he sorted out my query very quickly and painlessly.

I wish that I had been dealing with more people like him in the last few weeks when trying to sort out similar issues

carlottab2
5/24/16

Upon speaking with your Representative, Aristides, I found that he was very patient with me and extremely helpful. I recommend that Aristides, be allowed to teach a class in how to be patient with the customer, as well as, being helpful. He was simply outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

irmas6
5/24/16

The woman I spoke to was very nice spoke very clearly was very understanding of my problem. She helped me immediately and she solve my problem.

sherryh35
5/24/16

It was really late but a friend asked me to type him a Resume at the last minute and your services were exactly what I needed and easy to use the formats.
Thanks

liuy9
5/24/16

This LiveCareer site is a fraud.I signed up on Jan 18 for an one time resume for 1 dollar.

Then they quietly charged me 39.80 on February 3, March 17, March 30, May 12 and May 24. Even if the renewal starts 14 days later, they overcharged me. They never send email letting you know the account is about to renew like normal companies do. They don't even send you an receipt letting you know every month after you are charged.

That's 200 dollars lost.

When I contacted them they are only willing to reverse the extra error charge and one refund. As a poor college student, I feel very angry and would file complaints on every place I know of.

venitaw1
5/24/16

It helped me organize my thoughts and gave me help in inputting my info for all areas of my resume. It helped ease the stress of creating a new resume. I think it's very helpful and it get quickly gets the job done.

anal58
5/24/16

The attendant was very efficient and kind. I was able to cancel my account quick. The problem is as I explained to her I did not want to become a member, I only signed for the free 14 days trial. The charge was being made in a card that is a brazilian card so I did not realize it. I did the trial in september 26, so the first 39,80 charge was probably on oct 11. She kindly reimbursed me 3 months, but I was charged for 5 months and I would really appreciate a return of the other 5 months. My account number is 107103178, Ana Paula Santos Lima

leonorm2
5/23/16

Im content with the services I got with you guys!! she made everything smooth for us and answer all the questions I had :)

meghanc9
5/23/16

Was able to cancel my account and receive a refund no questions asked. Very professional

kamrana2
5/23/16

Recently spoke with my perfect cv member and found him very helpful. Thanks

alexd97
5/23/16

Overall good. Sometimes the response took to long as I am at work and trying to multi-task and would get side tracked. My expectation as a consumer for Live Chat services like this is I can see a response being created within 10 - 15 seconds of my response.

Also, I probably would have kept the service if it were about $9.95/month but $40 was too high in my estimation for my personal perceived value of it.

shannonc59
5/23/16

Good- Great service

shelbys16
5/23/16

he was really helpful and kind

gilbertm32
5/22/16

Was very easy to use, Had allot of response from resume. Now hired at a company.

elizabetev
5/22/16

I reached out to LC Cover Letter Now regarding automatic charges from my credit card that I was not aware of.
Representative Edgar Rangel was the person I chat with on live chat.
Very helpful, polite, explaining - helped me to solve the issue in a very short amount of time. The charges were fully returned to my credit card as well. Overall great experience! Thank you so much!

samd90
5/22/16

It was great talking to Victor and he helped me solve my queries.

mariannem4
5/22/16

Customer service agent who I spoke with answered all of my questions, was peasant, helpful, and forthright with the information I was seeking. I feel like there really is an ally in this remote and increasingly impersonal job lottery where one seems to need a detailed resume for even a waitress position. Seeking a spot in today's job market is scary. Finding a spot a spot to apply your talents, work hard, and stop worrying about the bills once again is truly hard to find. I have not been out of work for many years and the changes since that time are not good ones for American workers, but since we deal woth reality, Libe Career has truly been a candle in the dark.

garyj40
5/21/16

Very helpful and I am satisfied. I could not afford the fee but I see a real use for this among some people that are not as adept at writing a resume or cover letter. I will bring up this site at a place I volunteer for...

connort5
5/21/16

Like many other people, I signed up with LiveCareer in order to easily make a resume. I paid for the 14-day trial, but forgot to cancel my subscription after that, as being a college student can be rather distracting. Two months later, I discover the two 40 dollar payments on my checking account. Naturally, this was rather distressing, so I contacted customer support. Thankfully, they have stated that they will be reimbursing me in full for both months of payments. If the transactions aren't posted within the expected time, I will definitely be making contact with them again.

Decent service, with some rather tricky billing guidelines. Also rather expensive. If you can afford it, it's not a bad service. But if you are currently job-hunting, or are low on funds, I would recommend just creating a resume on your own.

sohailr
5/21/16

I like the resume builder, very easy and so many choices.
Customer service is great. Maria answered all my questions professionally.

annav30
5/21/16

A very quick and courteous service thank you

jasonh125
5/21/16

Cover Letter Now offers alot of useful templates for creating resumes and cover letters. However, After having a few technical issues I was beginning to become upset with the service. That was until I spoke with a particular customer service rep (Maria Teresa Torres). She was very friendly and helpful. She corrected the issues I had been having and was very good at her job. If all of their Customer Service Reps are as good as Maria was than I would use their services again if needed.

elizabethc145
5/21/16

This site was easy to use and convenient.

carterb23
5/21/16

I had a billing issue with my account and Maria resolved the issue not only swiftly, but with a lot of understanding. She seemed to really care about my issue, and the resolution we came to, I think, satisfied us both. I will be recommending LiveCareer to any and everyone who needs even the remotest help with the services provided. Maria was absolutely excellent!

jeano8
5/21/16

Maria Torres was very helpful with finding out the status of my account and helping me cancel it. She did over pressure me to stay on which was very much appreciated. If I am in need of your services again in the future, I'd definitely come back

tiaral
5/20/16

Overall, he was very helpful and informative. I really appreciated it!

jamess407
5/20/16

My daughter needed a resume fast
We were able to get templates and even a cover letter wow !
she also got her first job thanks guys....a child's independence teachs them about money and adds to personal happiness.

josephh92
5/20/16

I had many billing AND formatting issues that the site would not fix. I spoke live chat with a Victor Cruz and he helped with everything! He also fixed all the issues and did it in a timely manner also!! This man deserves many kudos for all the help he did!!!

hishamr
5/20/16

Victor in customer service is the best! Very painless process and got me fixed up in no time! I wasn't able to use the features as a premium member and he did magic in 2 min and got it!!

joseh43
5/20/16

best customer service ive ever had

vickis41
5/20/16

It made my job hunting preparation so much easier.

evelync24
5/19/16

helpful and easy to chat live!

maximed7

Quick and helpfull agent

mekemekeh
5/19/16

David was amazing in helping me cancel my subscription. Unfortunately, I didn't know what email my account was under and he took the time to look up my card number and locate the correct email for my account. He was extremely patient and so helpful. I truly appreciate his expertise and help. Thank you David!

janniac
5/19/16

I got a charge on my account for a suscription I didnt remember signing in for. I contact live chat and David Bermudez was awesome, he explained me what was the charge for, he cancelled and told me the rigth info, now im just relieve that my money is going back and that no one jacked my card! thank you

osmanj
5/19/16

Support was quick to resolve my issue but In my honest opinion the issue should not be there in the first place. If a customer has a trial subscription then leave it at trial.

Should not change to an actual subscription and charge them using their billing information.

christic6
5/19/16

Easy to use! Great customer service. Would recommend to friends.

leotal
5/18/16

My son signed up for ResumeNow and didn't realize that it rolled over to a subscription once the trial was over. After billing my credit card, LiveCareer immediately refunded my money.
I will definitely use them again!!!

teresaa19
5/18/16

I paid the fee to get a resume, it works for a quick download, but is a little pricey to pay a monthly fee. However, I canceled before the 14 day trial and they were very nice. Not pushy or rude when I canceled. If you are looking for a job and need a good resume, this is a good place to start.

tammyw29
5/18/16

The person was very polite & Helpful. He/she made this quick with having any hassles at all. I

lorij19
5/17/16

I have contacted this company 5 separate times. Email, phone and chat! No one will help me with my concerns! My resume is being displayed as an example, and I have asked them in every way possible to take it down. They have said, I can only do it thru my account, which I don't have! They said someone who knows me must have posted it then. WHAT????? I want my information removed! I have provided them my address and every possible telephone number. They said they can only look up my resume by a credit card, (never gave them one), or an email address (never gave them one). What if I forgot my email address?(which I haven't), how would you look up my information then? Why can't you look up by my address or telephone number OR the URL that brings you to MY resume?? This is ridiculous!! It's MY INFO that I don't want on your website for the public to see!

**Update - Just got a private message from. REALLY?? Did they even read my complaint?
Anna B. [LiveCareer Rep]
May 18, 2016 9:49am
Subject: Hi Lori J.
Report as spam

We apologize that you had this experience with the service. May you please provide us with the email that you used to create your account or the account ID so we can provide you with further assistance on this manner? Looking forward to helping you achieve a timely resolution.

robertj141
5/16/16

We are currently challenging a total £92 taken off my wifes credit card over four payments We signed up as my son was 16 and looking for first job. The cv trial had a small charge but at no point is it mentioned the monthly payments of £23. My wife used her credit card but as this was for my son his email was used. After the initial payment my son had received an email which said Thank You. Unknown to us was it also contained details of the payments that would now be taken. We are challenging as the card holder was not informed, only the end user who at 16 would not be reading finer print. Currently have not received a reply to my complaint and request for refund. We will dispute through our credit card company. Stay clear of Live Career is the only advice i can give anyone

39 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4/10/16
Answer
dougj2
A: Hello Anthony B. We are sorry that you had this experience while using our service. We are very committed in providing great customer service. Please contact us at our toll-free number 888-816-0576 so we can assist you in a direct and secure manner. Looking forward to assist you in reaching a timely resolution.

Best Regards,
LiveCareer.
4/11/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
4/7/16
Answer
dougj2
A: Hello Sandra G. We do offer several ways to cancel without any further charges. You can contact us via phone at our toll-free number 888-816-0576. Also, you can contact us via email at customerservice@livecareer.com. We offer other methods of cancellation as well such as LiveChat and also self-cancellation within your account settings.
4/7/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other customers.

3 Photos for LiveCareer