US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 153 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 101 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 47 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

benaa
9/3/15

The site helped me create my best resume because it has good templates and it provides guidance on how to word the resume. A problem I had was that the site was terribly slow! The webpage froze often and this was a huge inconvenience. Worst, sections kept jumping around and I had to keep using the up and down button in "manage sections" to correct the problem. Also, sections of resume kept disappearing completely and I had to continually rewrite the section. It was a nightmare! It took me so many hours to create a resume that should have taken less time.

If the problems I mentioned are corrected, the site will be great.

ashleyg55
9/3/15

Andrea work number 9332 was so helpful with a need of a quick refund due to my own mistake !!! He took the time to listen to my reason and understood my problem ! I will for sure use this service again in the future because of him. Like dealing with real people and not machines or people that are just as bad as machines ! He is a wonderful team member for Live Career !!!

karam21
9/3/15

I was very pleased with my services but opted to cancel my account two days before the 14-day trial was up, knowing that I could reinstate my account at a later date to make updates. OR just create a new account and start over. The services were very helpful.

Well then I followed all of the proper steps the company illustrated and googled how to successfully unsubscribe. Of course I saw all of the discreditable reviews so I made sure I properly unsubscribed. I went through My Settings and received confirmation that I successfully completed.

Then I was charged $40... as you can imagine I was baffled and also upset because my immediate reaction was "Oh great another company just screwing people". Via email I stressed my case and then called customer service. The woman was nice and just doing her job, explaining to me that I cancelled my account, not unsubscribed. So even though I cancelled my account and did not have access to my resume, I was still technically subscribed. Nice guys... does it feel good to be a scam?

After speaking with her, she reimbursed $19 which seems nice but i still paid $21! Not to mention, I work for an international company so I was charged fees on top of it.

Moral of the story is I should have called directly to unsubscribe instead of doing so online. All-in-all I will not recommend their services to the 800 employees at the international company I work for. I'm not a fan of companies who perform trickery to make a profit.

It's a shame because I will use a difference service next time I need to update and polish my resume. This company has the potential to do well but they choose to be a scam instead.

adamg50
9/3/15

I signed up for site and realizing the charge was a pre week charge not a per month charge. First mistake. Then I come to see a charge that is 4 times higher that stated on their website. Because they billed out changes on a 4 week basis. So for those of you signing up for a trail. Make sure you cancel. I would have been charged $35.80 every 4 weeks Which is $465.40 a year... a small fortune to those trying to find a job. I check my charges week or two but some people do not. I may not agree this is a scam, I do feel that I was able to get a decent resume from it however their advertising practices are deceitful. Please avoid.

rebeccag28
9/2/15

Like hundreds of others who have trusted in this site, a site that is making millions of dollars off of people by stealing from their bank accounts (without them realizing), and without them even using their services! A complete and total joke, scam, and honestly the most unethical company I have ever seen. How does a "career helping", resume building website that is supposed to be HELPING people who don't have jobs aka DONT HAVE MONEY, take money from the people who need it the most? Many magazine companies & websites automatically renew subscriptions but I've never had a company not apologize and refund me. It's sick what these people are doing and they need to be exposed, taken off the web & sued! Obviously if this many people are having the SAME issue, wouldn't you want to fix it? No! Because you're all about the money Live Career, you don't care about offering people good products or services, you're all about getting the free money! Luckily I have a huge network since I recently graduated from the University of Texas with my M.B.A. and I have over 500 UT alumnis in my immediate network, so I will quickly get the word out for them to get the word out to all the people in their networks which links all the Universities and colleges in the United States together, and the faster we get the word out, the quicker we shut down Live Career! Live Career stole the food out of my wife and children's mouths this week. They do it everyday. They trick, scam and take money from trusting, unsuspecting, hard-working Americans who are simply trying to feed their families and make a better life for themselves. To the CEO of LIve Career. I hope you read this (you obviously won't since you care nothing about customer service or PR since you haven't made any proactive policy changes to become a more ethical company) and know that you've hurt and set back SO many people that it doesn't matter if you've helped even one person, so I hope you don't justify taking people's money when you and your website have done NOTHING for that money. Lazy Pigs.

michellen24
9/2/15

My daughter made a"free" resume, but in order to print or save or edit, she needed my card to pay a one time fee of $2.95. Of course, there is fine print stating you have to cancel within 14 days... blah blah blah... but when you are paying a one time fee, you normally don't need to read the fine print for the 14 day trial, because that isn't what we were doing, Right??? Wrong... read it all. Apparently, the one time fee is also associated with the 14 day trial. So, they charged me $39.80. I chatted with customer service and they told me it was a valid charge since I didn't cancel. I am now disputing the charge with my bank and Visa and had to cancel my debit card so I won't have a debit card for 2 weeks. I am so mad right now. I was actually thinking about using this site to make a new resume for myself... but NEVERMIND. I will take my business elsewhere. Sneaky sites like these should be monitored. Karma is a $#*!!!!!!!!!

martinl59
9/2/15

They were very helpful in my job search.

geenahc
9/1/15

The resume templates are very useful, but beware of their cancellation scam!!!
I called the customer service rep to explain that I cancelled my subscription months ago, and I asked why am I still being billed? She stated that I didn't cancel my sub. I just deleted my account, (isn't that the same thing) ? Apparently it is not, and they are hoping most people end up in this situation.
Looking at the other reviews it sounds like they are making lot's of money... Customer service is horrible... I don't recommend this company!

jamesh203
9/1/15

Only made one resume, paid the 2$ and now I'm $#*!ing charged 40$ today. You people need to find a new way to make money because karma will come back quick and if I don't get my money back your site will be shut down.

erinf17
9/1/15

The service was cancelled but i wasnt getting what i had paid for so i called back for a refund. the first call dropped. i called again and got a gentleman by the name of Marcel. he refunded me right away. i got a confirmation email and he was thorough enough to go back into the system after his refund screen closed out to make sure i received my refund. i appreciate Mr. Marcel for not allowing me to be taken advantage of and being fair in the situation. i was willing to let them keep the refund if i got the full month's service but it was expiring mid september. since it couldn't be corrected in their system i got my refund. Thank you Marcel!!!

selmah
8/31/15

good

garyh84
8/29/15

Writing a resume on their site was ok, just don't dare forget to cancel the subscription right away or you will have the re-accruing charges posted to your credit card each month! Didn't see the charges coming through till 6 months accrued also did not get any emails after the first month (i.e. they want you to forget that you are paying for services you are not taking advantage of). Their customer service was willing only to waive 3 months even though they provided no services to me since creating one resume. Very poor customer experience overall. I know there are better services out there now that do care about what is right and wrong. STAY AWAY FROM LIVE CAREER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eatad
8/28/15

This site will charge you $40 for one resume. I regret ever signing up with them.

benb87
8/28/15

This is a good program to help you create your first resume if you're just starting to look for a job. It's very easy to use and you get a lot of options to create your resume. I give it an 8/10

jamesd159
8/28/15

Over the years I have used multiple sites such as LiveCareer for document or form needs with no issues. I have no complaints with the actual products they offer. They were adequate for my needs. However, I would use one of the many other sites for the simple reason I had no problem with stopping charges from those others. With Live Career I have been continually charged despite canceling multiple times through their website. Unfortunately I was not diligent in following up to make sure I had or kept proof of this, as like most people, I have limited time to waste concentrating on what I perceived as such a simple transaction. So my warning to would be users is if you do cancel online save every email you receive, take screen shots of conformation pages and be extremely diligent in verifying your account has truly been canceled. The only way I was able to finally get charges stopped was to call them direct and that was even a trying and frustrating endeavor and quite frankly annoying that it required such action.

meganm36
8/28/15

My niece used my card for a $2.95 cv and for the last 5 months I have to discovered they have automatically deducted between $59.95 and $62,95... Contacted them this week and no reply...

vondab3
8/27/15

Your company falsely represents itself. You say that the charge is $2.95, then you turn around and charge our credit card for $39.00. I call to try to figure this out and I get the run around from your representatives. I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. And I will also use social media to advise everyone I know to NOT use your site. That is not at all good business. I also know that you will probably not respond and that I am only 1 person and anything I do or say will not affect your business at all. But to the people who I come in contact with in my professional life as well as anyone in my personal life will be that many people that could have received a good report from me regarding your business. Now they are customers that slipped away from you because of your shady practices. You're not affected by what you do to people but if you have even a shred of good to you at all you will stop taking advantage of people who may be unemployed such as myself. You took food from my babys mouth with what you done. I know that you are probably just a customer service rep reading this, I too am a customer service rep. I don't make a six figure income as you don't either. I hope from one working class person to another you will pass this along to your superiors and ask them to pass it along. If not then may GOD bless you and my prayer for you would be that you never have to go through this in an already tough time. I hope your job does not lay you off as mine did. Have a blessed day.

andyl54
8/26/15

Expected to pay a few dollars for a quick resume, as advertised. Cancelled my subscription within the two week trial (even got the confirmation email) and was STILL charged $50 USD a month later. This is robbery. Please avoid this site.

austynt
8/26/15

Alright, first off they didn't even have a cancel button on their website to cancel the subscription. They don't even give you an email like any other website would letting you know that they are going to be drafting it. Money back guarantee

Tip for consumers: Do not use this service

edc25
8/26/15

I was writing my resume and was having trouble getting it to come out the way I felt would be eyecatching. After using LiveCareer and making a few minor tweeks in verbage, things just seemed to fall into place. Thank you, Live Career!!

tomp70
8/25/15

After needing a CV for a new job and never having one previously! The ease, help, tips and modern looking designs from Live Career are second to none and helped me land my new job! So thank you all at Live Career.

Regards Tom.

monicag14
8/24/15

Whether you are a beginner or advanced, this is by far the best site to guide you in the right direction to find a job. It took me less than 2 weeks to revamp my resume and cover letter and find a job. Customer service is great, very pleased, thanks again!

cjj8
8/24/15

I signed up to finish one cover letter. The next thing I know I am charged 40 for a monthly service. When I contacted the company I was told I was outside the 14 day money back guarantee and they would only offer a partial refund even though I hadn't used the service. I am in the process of fighting the charge with my CC company. Stay away!

joeyw13
8/24/15

PAID THE 2 DOLLARS FOR THE 14 DAYS. i PRINTED OFF MY RESUME AND NEVER THOUGHT TWICE ABOUT IT. GOT CHARGED $40 20 days later wtf. I HATE AUTOMATIC RENEWEL BS LIKE THIS. YOU REALLY THINK THAT SOMEONE LOOKING FOR A JOB HAS EXTRA MONEY TO THROW AROUND ON SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

nicolasd9
8/22/15

BEWARE!!!!!!!!

I warn all users to stay away from this website I deleted my account confirmed this with a rep and got charged 3 times for $44 Canadian and the representatives did not offer any compensation or refund ,you;d think cancelling the account and having that confirmed when you clearly say I want to cancel so I'am not charged again would resonate but nope they well continue to bill you for absolutely nothing and you will continually get disconnected trying to explain this to them over chat, they also won't give me any information on when I deleted my account so my credit card company won't even reimbursement.

WORST EXPERIENCE ONLINE EVER .

stuartc32
8/21/15

I needed a resume fast. The templates are easy to use and very helpful.
My only issue is with closing the account. Should be a little easier. Otherwise a great service.

katiem44
8/21/15

I google FREE resume templates and they came up. Little did I know that only building the resume was free and that I would have to pay to save it. You can call me naive and tell me that's how the world works, but keep in mind, I'm 24. The last time I built a resume I was 20 and the site I used was COMPLETELY free. Anyway I didn't want to pay a monthly fee because I'm unemployed and can't afford to be charged monthly for something I only used once and don't need anymore. So when I paid I USED A GIFT CARD!!!! So how they got my credit card information is beyond me. They're just lucky I decided to check my account one day. I went to my bank to see if they'll credit me the money and, they said that they would, but they would have to file a fraud claim first. So they told me to talk to them first and, if they don't give me my money back, they'll happily put in the claim and refund me themselves. Gotta love banks having your back. This site clearly doesn't.

stefanig1
8/20/15

According to the sales reps: The company stands on a platform as if they give full disclosure, and everything is "clearly stated in the email" but it is a total scam!! If it weren't a scam they would just give a refund! I went into my settings, and deleted my account prior to the end of the 14 day trial, yet the $39.80 charge showed up today on my statement--- because they hide the way to cancel under "subscription" tab. What is the difference between the two? If I want to delete my account wouldn't that end my subscription? No, not here. They are charging people based on a technicality and it is CRAP!
I love how in the other reviews ANNA [customer service rep] copy and pastes the same reply to all the poor reviews... It would have been so much easier to just write my own resume, rather than deal with unjust billing of my account.
Worst experience with customer sales reps EVER!

kendram6
8/20/15

I subscribed understanding there would be a charge for the service. This big problem is trying to cancel. I used the cancel subscription button and I still was charged twice! Once for $35.80 and then two weeks later for $39.80. I called to make sure it was cancelled. Well we will see...hope no more charges come out or I am going to be livid. I would have given this company a 5 star rating until I came across the trouble of canceling.

abbyp3
8/19/15

Cancelled my subscription without any problems what so ever!!

lucyp14
8/19/15

I wanted something quick and easy - well not so quick and not so easy. It imported my current resume and completely screwed up the formatting. When I tried to rewrite it, it kept formatting it incorrectly and after hours of messing about with it to save it I had to pay for the pleasure. Not so much, but the auto renew function really is just a way of stealing money. I usually pride myself on not getting caught by auto renews, but this one certainly managed it. And seriously £20 a month for a resume service - SERIOUSLY!
The only positive thing about my experience was the live chat customer service who sorted it all and cancelled my subscription in about 2 minutes flat. Now THAT's service.

Tip for consumers: If you really have no other option but to use this site, cancel IMMEDIATELY after buying.

tc56
8/18/15

Like other reviewers I was lured in with the promise of a "FREE" resume, then found out you must purchase access to be able to print or email it for $1.95. Not problem, it seemed like a good deal......until it automatically bills you $40 per month without your knowledge! After 6 months of not knowing I finally figured out what was happening....asked for a refund and was able to only get the most recent month's charge back. Terrible business practice! I did not get the value for my $200 USD that paid them for sure!

leighj9
8/18/15

I gave them 1star only because 0 is not an option. This "company" is nothing more than thieves and crooks. Do NOT use or pay for their services because you will be paying for life. Try to cancel-Good Luck. It is amazing that they are still in business.

michaelh168
8/18/15

Tried to sign up for the cheapest service and it signed me up for $100 a year that they would not refund. So, I got to download a resume template for $100. Then they snuck an email through that did not go into my primary mailbox saying that I had to cancel by 7/7/15 to not be billed again. 1 and a half months later I notice the charge on my credit card during a time when I really need the money. Thanks! So of course they would not refund the money. Do yourself a favor and just download a template online for free. This company is a SCAM. Useless.

roberts281
8/18/15

This site is so easy to use and guides you step by step in building a professional resume that will stand out from others. Very friendly service and help is just a call away!

gwendolyns2
8/18/15

I was dreading the task of updating my resume and was searching for an online service. Then I came across livecareer.com. It was so easy to use the online template to update my resume. Thank you livecareer.com for making a not so enjoyable task enjoyable. I couldn't believe I had an updated resume that helped me to get calls from potential employers right away.
G Smith

debras42
8/17/15

I needed to update my resume quickly and it gave me great helpful tips.

genevac1
8/17/15

Ok I understand the trial but seriously I couldn't even find the damn canellation button and when I called last week I also asked for a refund but no my ACCOUNT GOT OVERDRAFTED the guy i talked to didnt even hear me ask for a refund apparently. this is serious bull$#*! i honestly hate the damn website!!!!!!!!!!!

sams203
8/17/15

I wish I had read this page before using Live Career. My experience is the same as others who have posted. Used the resume trial and didn't realize you had to cancel or they'd automatically charge your account the monthly fee. Additionally, there were a few charges for "international fees"... The representative told me they've made it perfectly clear that unless you cancel, your account would be automatically billed. BAD Business! This should be illegal!

sonaf
8/17/15

Ive never experienced such a thing. I first paid for a week cca 2 dollars. But out of nowhere without my agrement this site have debited cca 80 dollars from my account today. I was shocked to get my account statement. I am seriously requesting to REFUND the whole amount ASAP in my account. Im really dissapointed, horrible business practices....

josephb91
8/16/15

I experienced the same like others. They have a very decieving tactics that youll think its a good deal but they will keep charging you for nothing. Very bad business.Theyll take advantages of your cc info. So better cancel your CC or else they will keep ripping you off.

aubrec
8/16/15

I called to cancel multiple times before my 14 day trial. They said they had no record and charged my account for $35. I'm livid over their terrible customer service and I will make sure to never recommend or use this company.

brianp66
8/15/15

LiveCareer sounds like a great deal at first. But what they don't tell you is that once they have your credit card number to pay for your supposed $1.95 resume, they're going to charge it AGAIN $39.80 in 14 days. We had NO IDEA, there was no information or fine print indicating this would happen. After our card was charged $39.80, we called the customer service number from the website and were sent to a call center outsourced to India. In addition to the frustrating language barrier, we were told they could do nothing to refund our money. According to the representative, the confirmation email from the original resume we paid for included information about our card being charged $39.80 if we didn't call and cancel in a 14 days window. We never even opened the confirmation email - who does anymore? This is false advertising and very misleading marketing! How sad too, because the resume program is actually very nice and helpful. Had LiveCareer been honest about open, honest, and outright about their monthly plans, I would have had some respect for them. But burying terms and conditions that were NOT AGREED to, inside a confirmation email is completely unacceptable. We will be disputing this charge with the bank first thing on Monday and post more reviews to help others avoid falling into this unfair trap. LiveCareer, stop ruining your good product with false advertising!

jerij2
8/14/15

I only wanted the 14 day subscription but then it said it would auto renew but i could cancel by going to my account settings. Every time I try to go to the account settings it gives me an error page. Not very happy. I've sent two emails so we'll see if they respond. If I get this issue taken care of in a timely manner I will adjust my rating but if I end up getting charged the renewal fee I will take further action. I just wish I had read these reviews first because I'm obviously not the only person having this problem.

juanc35
8/14/15

I understand the warning about the 9.99 charge PER WEEK after 14 days. BUT there are people out there that are jobless and are trying to save as much money as they can. What if they totally forgot about the 14 days. An email of phone call would be nice. Also 9.99 FOR WHAT!!!??? What do they do besides making resumes pretty? Do they help you find a job? Do they call you with a representative with job leads? NOPE. THESE PEOPLE ARE DISGUSTING!!! STAY AWAY!!

nicolec43
8/14/15

Please Do not waste your money on LiveCareer. To expensive for very little. Customer support is scripted with no human quality to it. Horrible horrible horrible.

juditho2
8/12/15

There are a number of issues that I have reported to LiveCareer but they have not been resolved:

1. When I select 'A4' paper size in the formatting tab, edit and then save my CV - when I re-open the CV it has reverted back to 'Letter' size.

2. When downloaded into Word format, margins are out of alignment and need to be aligned manually - very time consuming!

3. Line spacing is dreadfully unstable and for example, in one paragraph, the line spacing ranges from 7.5mm to 12.8mm, and each line has different spacing - it looks dreadfully unprofessional and untidy.

4. I constantly get asked to phone LiveCareer for assistance however, as I am in a different time zone AND the costs of international calls are extremely high, it is not possible. Emailed responses have to date not been satisfactory.

Judith

carolm91
8/12/15

It lets you think you're getting a free resume template but makes you pay at the end to get it. Had trouble with it printing correctly and uploading to an application website. I don't advise using it. Does have nice templates.

allisonm37
8/12/15

I signed up for a 2 week trial which you do have to pay for. Howver I was charged once at sign up and then again the following day. Not only that at the end of two weeks I cancelled the account and then realized I had been charged an astonishing $40 that Same day. I contacted them and they refused to refund my money so I am left with no subscrption and I am out $40 for nothing.

margaretj21
8/12/15

I will report this site to the FCC. Fraudulent company...I never signed up and they are taking $39.80 every week. Watch your statements carefully and change your card info. The 888# on their site and 800# on my bank statements are non-working numbers. I even got charged an international fee which proves this company is NOT based in San Francisco.

16 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Is the price $1.95 Canadian dollars?
4/21/15
Answer
alanal3
A: Do not use this site!
6/3/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: My daughter used your website on 4/5 for a cover letter. The website said that it would be active for 9-11 days. She tried cancelling but it did not cancel and now she was charged $40. We would like to cancel and get a refund of the $40
4/22/15
Answer
cj135
A: Dont waste your time trying to contact them. I went to my bank and had all future billing refused AND I went to the State Attorney General and reported them.
6/2/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
LiveCareer?