US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 172 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 117 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 52 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

johnk243
2/2/16

I used the live career service to quickly make a resume, it looked fine until i downloaded the pdf version. It looked terrible, it was completely different than the preview. Not just different but it looked worse than if I made one with a basic text editor. The font looked like it out came out of a printer from the 80's and all the lines seperating sections were replaced with dots. I've emailed customer service and have not heard back. I have cancelled my account should be set to expire in about 2 weeks. I've noticed that in my accounts section it doesn't allow the user to edit or remove the billing info, which is very odd. I'm a web developer and I'm aware of the thinking that goes into these applications and limiting the users ability to edit billing is most likely their intention. I hope they don't "accidently" bill me for next month.

chronicw
1/26/16

This site applies a well known scheme of stealing your money. They lure you in with a free account, and you don't have to pay the first month. But in the terms and conditions they clearly state that after the first month they enroll you into their monthly subscription. And this is their business model. It is legal and they count on users not noticing for as long as possible that they are taking their money. When you finally notice, there is nothing you can do since the terms and conditions are clearly stated.

So it's not illegal, but it's still a scam. A legal scam. And no matter how many "appologies for you inconvenience" you will receive, they still tricked you into taking your money. Nothing free will ask for your credit card.

brendac42
1/23/16

Opened an account on 1/42016, attempted to cancel on 1/10/2016 at their website online, kept getting "oops" msg and would not allow me to cancel. I immediately sent them an email explaining that their website was not allowing me to cancel, as they clearly say you can, and that I wanted to cancel ASAP. Keep in mind, this is well within my 14 days to cancel!!! I received a response from them right away apologizing for the inconvenience of the website and that they were sorry to see me go. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT that I wanted to cancel. I thought all was well but....THEY CHARGED ME 6 DAYS LATER ANYWAY!!!
I called immediately to find out what had happened and why they charged me. The rep I spoke to was very friendly and apologized that I was going through this, and that he could see the email I had sent to cancel and that he would send a request for a refund. Again, I thought all was well, but..... I have now received an email DECLINING my request for refund stating I was over the 14 day period!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! How this company gets away with such unethical practices, I truly don't understand. I realize there may be people who actually didn't cancel in the proper time, and had to be charged, but I most certainly cancelled in time!!!!! And by the reviews I'm reading, this seems to be a typical practice for them. I know its only $40, but the lack of ethics & shadiness of this company is shameful.
I will be closely watching my bank account to make sure they don't STEAL another $40 from my account. BE AWARE....this company is shady at best!!

karenh122
1/20/16

WISH i HAD READ THE REVIEWS BEFORE DOING A CV FOR MY 16 YEAR OLD SON - £23.80 TAKEN FROM OUR ACCOUNT, AS OTHERS TOLD IT WAS IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REQUEST FOR A REFUND 'REFERRED TO THE REFUND DEPT FOR A DECISION IN 2 DAYS'!!

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS

sintijas
1/20/16

Worst CV company ever!!! They charged my account 32 euro for nothing. They refused give back refund. When you are paying just above 2 euro for CV, they put you on FREE MONEY list! After two months or so you will be surprised as well when looking in you account summary. Everything what they said- it's in Terms and Conditions.
SCAM!

dorothyd24
1/19/16

SCAM This is a horrible company. You think you are getting a resume for $2.00 and then you are charged 39.80. Wish could rate them -100. BEWARE. This has happen to too many people. Contact the BBB or get together to file a lawsuit. This needs to be stopped. NOW

karenb175
1/18/16

Absolutely disgusted they keep taking money every month for nothing, when you try to contact them you can't!

crystalk10
1/12/16

Livecareer is a scam that takes money from you even if you comply with the terms and conditions. I joined Livecareer in May for a 14 day trial period and cancelled the day after I used it for a cover letter. In June, they took $39 out of my account even though I cancelled it. I contacted them through the livechat on their site explaining that I followed the terms and conditions and cancelled it through the website and then the charges stopped for a month. I thought the problem was over, but then they continued to charge me after that for 5 months. DO NOT USE LIVECAREER! Even if you follow the terms and conditions and cancel before the trial period ends, they will still charge you after you cancel and contact them them. I even double checked to make sure I had cancelled by trying my login afterwards. My log-in ceased to work and I was not subscribed to the service any longer. I mistakenly trusted their customer service and thought the billing would stop after contacting them, if you are reading this please do not make this mistake. Check your billing statements vigilantly if you ever give your card information to them.

UPDATE after contact with Anna B. and LiveCareer US Customer Care:
The customer service agents did not help me very well and only refunded me half of the total amount ($159.29 out of the total $318.58) the service took from me without giving me a reason for only giving half of it back. After that I sent another message telling them that they refunded me an incorrect amount, and then they said I needed evidence of my cancellation to get any more money back. I then explained to the LiveCareer US Customer Care Agent that I sent email messages through their customer service page site to tell them they were billing me wrong on June 6, 2015 and showed him/her the screenshots which I took through DropBox for my records. The agent said the evidence was not good enough even though it was time stamped. After following the terms of use (cancelling the service before the 15th day) and keeping records of all the times I sent emails about my cancellations and improper billing, I can say this company is doing illegal business by not keeping their end of the contract written on LiveCareer's site. I will be looking into legal action.

ryang39
1/11/16

Make sure you delete your subscription as soon as you create your resume, they charged me $39 every four weeks for 2 years without letting me know that they were charging my account (which is around $950.00). No help or refunds are given once contacted since everything is in the "Terms and Conditions". Just stay away from this site, it's one big scam.

annar78
1/11/16

Live Career created a site called My Perfect Resume so they can scam people into a subscription from 2 websites. They will tell you they are charging a minimal fee and then will bill you monthly until you discover it and report them. Terrible scam; they know exactly what they are doing!

carolh68
1/10/16

Once I paid my $39.80, to save and print out my resume, they wanted another $1.95.
A red light went off - and trying to cancel, there is no phone number, no address, just a very rude 'live chat' person named Jesus.
Carol - Chicago

jans83
1/8/16

WARNING!! SCAM ARTISTS!! CROOKS!! THIEVES!! NEVER USE Livecareer.com !!
I used Livecareer.com once assuming the one and only transaction was complete.
In September of 2015, I purchased a resume template from Livecareer.com for $2.00.
I downloaded the template and used it to create a resume for my step-son, thinking I was helping him in a most loving and caring way. I made the resume and thought the transaction was concluded. Recently I was reviewing my Visa bill and discovered that Livecareer.com has been charging me $39.80 a month for the last 5 months (I was only on the site once to make that one resume.) They are not up front regarding the monthly renewal. In fact, I would never have purchased the product if I had known about them and their unscrupulous practices. I have since then searched the internet and have found many, many others who were scammed monthly fees by Livecareer.com. I called Livecareer.com and was told that the two week subscription ( I was unaware of ) automatically rolls over into a monthly subscription. I was on the site ONE DAY. When I was making my purchase this monthly subscription was not evident. Why in heaven's name would I want to purchase a monthly subscription to do my resume over and over again? I am NOT stupid, but felt that way when I discovered the credit card charges. I called the company and was told to re-read the fine print! Customer service reps must have had many calls regarding this, they have their lines memorized! If they cared at all about the customer they would return fees that were charged to people's accounts! I think Livecareer.com steals money from honest people trying to better themselves.
I will surely make sure everyone I know does not use their services.
I would like this money back, but more importantly, I want this company out of business because of their scam they call a business. Now I am trying to work with my credit card's customer service to get this issue resolved and my money transactions negated. By the way, there was a language barrier at the start of the conversation. As we continued the service representative (and I use that term loosely) became more and more fluent and understandable. Was she trying to scare me away at first by being hard to understand?
I wonder. I asked to speak with her supervisor. She said her supervisor was in a meeting and could not be disturbed. Later in the conversation she said he was out of town. Later she said he would be out of the city for a week.
In summary, WARNING ... Live career.com = SCAM ARTISTS, CROOKS, AND THIEVES.

lanay3
1/7/16

You sara scam people.You should be ashamed of yourself. You ripped me off for 300. Dollars of hard earned money.

johnf210
1/5/16

I cancelled this service a year ago. Have been charged 35.80 per month this entire year..
Very shady fraudulent company

mandyg11
1/5/16

I believed that i cancelled this subscription months ago to then discover they are taking money from my card every month. It appears that i got the same response as everyone else which was we apologise but NO you cannot have a refund. When the adviser no longer wanted to discuss it, i was cut off. I am disgusted !!!!!!

lindas222
1/2/16

THESE PEOPLE ARE OUT TO STEAL FROM YOU AND GIVE YOU NOTHING FOR YOUR MONEY. AS SOON AS I ASKED A QUESTION, THEY STARTED BEATING AROUND THE BUSH, WOULD NOT ANSWER AND KEPT TELLING ME I HAD TO PAY FIRST. NO RESUME, COULD NOT PRINT OR ACCESS RESUME THEY LET YOU CREATE. THEY DID NOTHING AND WERE GOING TO STEAL FROM ME BUT I REFUSED TO GIVE CREDIT CARD INFO. THEY DID GET PERSONAL INFO LIKE ADDRESS, PHONE, EMAIL AND MORE BUT NOT MONEY THANK GOD!

leroys27
12/30/15

In May of 2015 I purchased a resume template from Livecarreer for $2.00. I downloaded the template and used it to create my resume. I thought that the transaction was concluded. Recently I was reviewing my visa bill and discovered that Livecareer has been charging me 39.80 a month for the last 8 months (for no service that I can think of).
I contacted Livecareer and they told me that the two week subscription (thats how long you have to build your resume) automatically rolls over into a monthly subscription. When I was making my purchase this monthly subscription was not evident. Why on earth would I want to purchase a monthly subscription to do my resume over and over again?
The company told me that the rollover subscription language is located in the terms and conditions (fine print). And it is also described in the confirmation email.
My issue is that the monthly subscription language is not apparent during the purchase unless you read the fine print carefully or you read the confirmation email (which I did not).
I think livecareer makes its money by counting on people not reading the terms and conditions or opening the confirmation email. Again, they are not forthcomming at all regarding the monthly renewal. If they were I would not have purchased the product. I have searched the internet and have found many of others who are being chargeld monthly fees by livecareer. The better business administration has hundreds of complaint cases exactly like this one. Alot of upset people who had no idea that they would be automatically charged every month. Even netflix sends me a monthly email notice that they have charged my Visa card. Livecareer does not do this either.
In all, I was charged 39.80 a month for 8 months or 318.40.
I would like this money back, but more importantly, I would love for someone to end their ambiguous business practice in which so many people are tricked out of their money.

donnab88
12/29/15

Horrible customer service! Used this site once assuming it was free because it says FREE RESUME TEMPLATES and when had to print realized there was a minimal charge so like others who spent so much time decided it was worth to pay. I believe they knowingly mislead customers! Never received an email stating anything regarding cancellation and billing (I suppose it could have ended up in SPAM..where they should be!) Customer service reps have had soooo many calls regarding this that they have their lines memorized for this! If they really cared about the customer they would REALLY look into and return fees that were charged to people's accounts. I will surely make sure everyone I know does not use their services.

rachell119
12/22/15

I signed up for the 14 day trial with complete understanding that it was up to me to cancel within those 14 days in order to avoid future charges. My account was inadvertently created in 2 different places (via gmail and via yahoo/facebook) ( i am still investigating how and why THIS happened)
I attempted to cancel one of the two accounts. Did not get prompt response and when I did it did not adress my situation.
so at this point i am down $1.95 + $1.95
fewer than 14 days time elapsed when i saw a $39.80 charge on my checking account.
and then another charge for same amount...
email and chat did not resolve my problem. language barrier and confusion with account set up...
now i have a third charge on my bank account!

I have requested that the accounts under my name be cancelled multiple times. Now I am being told that it will be cancelled 1/4/16 and that a refund is not possible.
I am disgusted that this is allowed to go on and be presented as a legitimate business.

stacys37
12/21/15

EMAIL DOUG.JACKSON@LIVECAREER.COM

Thank you for contacting Resume-Now Customer Care.

First of all, we would like to apologize for the way you were treated by some of our agents. Their actions were unacceptable. We will definately be taking action.
We also want to thank you for the evidence provided. The first time you sent the information should have been enough.
We have proceeded to grant all the charges since March. This means that $398.00 should be reflecting in the next 3-5 business days.
Your account has been cancelled and no further charges will be made to your service.

Per Management.

jons109
12/20/15

Excellent customer service! They returned all my money for their monthly fees after I asked them.

resumejohng
12/19/15

I certainly did not like the idea of auto renewal. I only wanted to use the service once so that I can take a printout of my resume but having to pay almost $40 for the entire month does not seem right to me. I expected a better price structure.

leahb19
12/16/15

You sign up for the 10 day trial for unlimited access for 10 days and think $10 for 10 days seems reasonable and fair. In the very very very fine print they state that they will auto renew after the 10 days is up. When you call to cancel, they will have a VERY difficult time finding your account and then try to sell you on more their worthless service.

chuckw8
12/15/15

I went to this website to create a resume for my wife. I found this site on Google after searching for FREE resume templates. After sitting and creating the resume, for nearly 30 minutes I went to print it out only to find that they were charging me $1.95. Well, I has spent the time and agreed to pay the one time fee. Then today, I was checking my account and discovered they were charging me another $40.
I called to inquire what the money was for and was told it was for the membership that I ordered. After explaining I did not order a membership they instructed me that the $1.95 was for a fourteen day trial and if I had not cancelled in fourteen days that they would automatically enroll me in the membership. I called and complained and wanted the money refunded. They told me that they would cancel my membership and reimburse me $30 for the unused part of the membership.
So, beware of these kind of FREE sites and really read what you are agreeing to.

michelleh98
12/15/15

Yesterday, I complained about the service I had received. Today, I was contacted by a representative of the company. For that quick response, I will give them a great review.

The representative was very apologetic for the costs that I had been billed for 9 months at $39.80, however, she stated that the only thing they could do was refund the last three months $119.40. A third of the costs...well, I hope that the $238.80 was worth it in the end.

This is why I say that:

I am sure after she researched the account she could tell it was never accessed or used again after the initial payment was made. I am taking some responsibility as this was my fault because I trusted my sister to cancel this after the 14 day trial period was over and I failed to follow up with her to make sure it was done.

However, the notifications that were sent (as the representative stated) were sent to my sister's email address NOT MINE. I was ONLY the credit card holder and since she placed the order the she saw the auto billing information given on each page of the process, if this was not cancelled, NOT ME. Now, this was the reason that I was given that they could only refund the last three months. This make no sense at all. I ever was a part of that process to be held responsible for or accountable for, yet it was my card that was billed. As far as I am concerned, the "free" resume was a lie to begin with that drew her in and had her provide all of her information to, but they would not let her print it without providing a credit card because they knew that this would happen. Some people are forgetful or irresponsible and they can get nearly $40 a month for a service that is not even being utilized. It is shameful.

I think that this company should have refunded the total amount since the account was never used more than to print the "free" resume. Bad business practices will come back to cost them more in the end than what it would have cost them to refund the entire amount. I know way to many people and I truly understand what a bad review can potentially do to the bottom line of a business. I believe that this review will definitely change the minds of those I personally know or network with on a daily basis. I still would NEVER recommend this company to anyone!

jakeg17
12/12/15

According to the reviews on sitejabber and the complaints filed to the Better Business Bureau, this is a very unethical company. If you believe you have been duped by this company, email their CEO:

doug.jackson@livecareer.com

justauzers
12/11/15

I gave them my credit card information, just so i can print off my resume after using their "free" resume builder. Turns out i had to pay them a small fee of $1.99 which i did. i checked my credit card statement and they have deducted just over $250. I tried to email them, no reply. just an automated email saying they will get back to me within 48 hours. its been 2 weeks now. I am lost. I don't recommend this site. I don't have a job and I cannot afford much this christmas.

Tip for consumers: Don't give them your credit card information

olivias23
12/8/15

DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. They will continue to charge you even after you cancel your subscription. I was charged $40 a month for 9 months. There is nothing to do on the website. Hate this website. You're better of without it

russd7
12/7/15

This site is a rip off. Do not provide them with your credit card information!

Update to review: The company did end up contacting me and offered to refund the amount they posted to my card. I did incur some insignificant international VISA charge but at least they did the right thing for me on the larger amount. I do appreciate that.

haleyh7
12/2/15

Like thousands of others I used this to quickly build a resume and paid the $2 and then immediately called to cancel. It's now the next month and my account was overdrawn by $40 by LiveCareer. Let me be clear... THIS IS FRAUD. I stayed on the phone for almost an hour to cancel. Now I'm still unemployed and my bank account is empty.

taylora18
11/29/15

This website at first was very awesome, but then it started messing up it wouldnt let me edit my resume so i decided to just print out what i could and i had to pay.
if i could i would give it -5 stars
strongly disappointed

maryamz1
11/28/15

I am Ready here for every one that needs this website for building the resume ,i know every thing about them

bobs199
11/28/15

Don't do it. It's not free. You create your resume, then they make you pay & subscribe to print it. They're counting on you forgetting to cancel your subscription. Which 90% of people do, including myself. $#*! these people, $#*! this company, they should all be thrown in prison for this bull $#*!.

olivierc19
11/25/15

I was looking for support in writing my CV. I accepted to pay around 1.5 USD for a one shot service. This dishonest people are now charging me 39.80 USD monthly!!!!
Never subscribe anything by them!

traceys36
11/20/15

I used this site to create a resume for my husband who was just laid off. The template were easy to use and I actually got a very nice resume for him without me having to draft from scratch. I needed a resume right away for an online job application. THIS part was fantastic!

Then comes the billing. Now, to those of you who are screaming about the monthly charge, that's your own damn fault. I check my bank accounts daily, DAILY, to make sure no one has gotten hold of my bank info. It's just the smart thing to do. They charged the $1.95 on the day that I used their service. I went in and cancelled the subscription right after I downloaded the resume. HOWEVER, the NEXT DAY, there were two additional charges, one for one cent, one for two cents. If you keep track of your bank accounts and banking practices, you will KNOW that those little charges are used to test that your account is a valid account. Since they had already charged the day before for what I used, there was NO REASON to test my card later, UNLESS they were planning to charge me for the subscription that I had cancelled. I immediately cancelled my debit card and got a new one. Moral of the story.....KEEP TRACK OF YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS, and you won't have your accounts drained!!!!!!! They only got me for 3 cents because I caught it early!!!!

sarahd89
11/19/15

Horrendous company DO NOT USE AT ALL i have been charged sine June and was only meant to be £1.95 i was speaking to a member of staff on chat and all he was interested in was saying have a nice day was rude and ended up cutting me of the chat NOT HAPPY AT ALL this company is ripping people of and is just a huge SCAM

normalu
11/18/15

Same as many before me: Site showed an offer for $1.95, but was billed $40.20 instead. Paypal receipts show the original advertised amounts, but that wasn't what was actually charged to Paypal. Disputing now, since contacting this company seems impossible.

markh187
11/16/15

Anything connected to JobsRadar is a scam. Anything you get that has the address of 40 Warren St, 3rd Floor, Charlestown, MA 02129 is a fraud and scam. This goes double for the "New York Job Department" which tries to make itself look like something from the NY Department of Labor. These site steal information from legitimate sites. Any good reputable site does not charge a job seeker. Fees, if any, are paid by the employer.

jenniferf51
11/15/15

Like everyone else...they billed me over $40 for a trial that was advertised as costing less than $2.00. No better than thieves who steal your wallet.

karlaj5
11/14/15

They said my subscription had been cancelled but charges kept posting to my credit card. The customer service representative was a defensive jerk and of no help. They refused to refund my credit card charges after the date the subscription expired. Finally after multiple trips to talk to their supervisor and further investigation they agreed to the refund.

Stay away from this website!!!!!!!!!!

ilknurg
11/14/15

This is why I canceled their service!
Do not even start your resume on that web page, Waste of your time!!!

--------
First, You should let user know before starting the aplication(resume-typing), after spending all that time on a resume , you guys are forcing the user to pay and it is not ethic at all! Second, Web page runs too slow and gives the error all the time. Got an issue and typing just couple of sentence took me for an hour! If I am paying for that, You should totally provide a better service!

ricardov3
11/13/15

Just as everyone else, I purchased one copy of my resume for around $1 for an economics project. And they charged me $40 without sending me ANY emails whatsoever about the charge. A bunch of worthless leaves charging for a mediocre service that can easily be recreated.

lr36
11/12/15

Their resume service was advertised as 1.95. Only after I paid I realized I had subscribed to their service. They do inform you on your receipt after you pay, only it's hidden under a bunch of mumbo jumbo and very easy to miss. I noticed later that my card had been charged $39 not to mention a foreign transaction fee. I cancelled subscription online and called for a refund but was on hold for half an hour. I will call again later and update my review.

regm1
11/12/15

I found this website and created a resume using there site. I remember there was a 14 day trial then it would only be a few dollars a month. Wow was I ever wrong I have been charged 39.20 for the last three months. I was never sent an email stating I would be billed this much. It never went to my spam folder but that suggestion is very shady to avoid any contact so they can keep chatting my credit card. I am expecting to have a refund and have also contacted the better business bureau about this company because they are very predatory and should be ashamed of their business practices!!! Don't ever use this company ever!!!

atalin
11/9/15

Basically, I paid a few dollars for a resume and they charged me close to $40, which over drew the account I used and cost me even more money. Really? I do appreciate the accessibility of the customer service, but I am still waiting on that refund that hasn't come yet.

pattyq1
11/7/15

This service is a scam. We went online to cancel the service during the 14 day trial period and realized that we were charged anyway. Never been received a bill! Then called customer service after disputing with the credit card company and was placed on hold for 15 mins before the call disconnected? I have tried the chat feature and it would never connect and have now resorted to sending an email , which given my other experiences am not confident I will get a call back ! Do not use this service!!!

stellab13
10/29/15

I used it once to make a quick cover letter for my mom and it was $1.30 for 14 day access. I did not know I had subscribed and needed to cancel...20 days later I was charged $39.80 and so I called them and had them cancel my subscription. I better not get anymore charges...honeslty I might cancel this card because they are very suspect and the cancellation confirmation they sent I NEVER received.

amolk
10/29/15

I used live career for a month and then unsubscribed but they still charge me $39.80 every month.It's been like this for 4 months now.No way to contact them.

juliec63
10/29/15

I used this to draft a resume which I couldn't use. and paid what I thought was a 1 off payment but going through my statement they have been double dipping every month since . It adds up 2 hundreds of dollars and I am broke now ... I have requested my money back and to cancel it but I'm awaiting their response

amandas113
10/27/15

Used this site to create a resume and didn't realize the subscription kept going till cancelled. I ended my account as soon as I was billed $35. Went through the entire site to figure out how to unsubscribe. Even though I ended my account I was still billed for 2 more months because I did not send in a "cancellation request." Even though I deleted my account and had no access to their documents I was still billed. Very sketchy site, funny how they don't send an email verification before your subscription is up after the 14 day period.

26 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Answer
dougj2
A: Hello Pranay P, I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Please send me the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that used to purchase and card holder’s name so that I can take a look at it personally and resolve this issue quickly for you.
Thank you in advance.
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
3 weeks ago
Answer
dougj2
A: Greetings Praveen C, please send us a private message with the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that used to purchase and card holder’s name so that I can take a look at it personally and resolve this issue quickly for you.
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

3 Photos for LiveCareer