US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 93 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 53 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 21 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

tomm882
3/1/15

Used a trial resume for $1.95 in August 2014. They have been charging my visa every month for $38.90 with no authorization. Bull$#*! companies should be shut down.

Tip for consumers: DONT BOTHER WITH THESE KIND OF BUSINESS

andresm25
3/1/15

As many people in this website, I feel robbed. I only had the purpose of write only one resume for $1.95 and I believed in LiveCareer, yet it was a mistake. They made a subscription for $40 per month; unfortunately I did not read the smaller letters where they explained this payment.

Tip for consumers: Take care!

robertf68
2/28/15

Paid $35 yesterday to make my resume. Today I have to send to 5 companies before days end. All 5 contacted me and I told them I would have it to the today. Cannot get online and download it now. Site is all messed up or something. Tred live chat at 2pm and they said try it again in a few hours. Now it 4:30 and still doesnt work. Tried live chat and no one is there. Timed out several times for no response. I want my money back! I am going to call my card company and request a charge back. TERRIBLE SERVICE! I have 30 minutes to write another and send it. ugh.

hunterl16
2/27/15

This website is amazing! It helped a lot with getting everything put together!

alisonc9
2/26/15

I purchased an annual membership with live career. Love the templates, used their professional writers to create a great resume and cover letter. Loved the service until i tried to duplicate the resume and save different versions. Talked with their customer service. chatted online to a tech services representative the tech rep told me the site is not compatible with iMac and suggested i used a different computer to access their services. Why is this not referenced up front on their page? What a total con for what would otherwise have been a great service

Tip for consumers: Love the site, just does not work on an iMac, so sign up but do not expect it to work for managing a job search

danielh72
2/26/15

I love the way my resume looks.

lesliel19
2/24/15

resume builder made it so easy to create and update my resume. no guess work, just sign up, step by step fill in the information, save, print or email, DONE!!
recommend and will use it again if need to.

kentag
2/24/15

I am terrified to learn that there are so many victims like me.
This company withdraws approx. $50 monthly from August 2014 until now. I just used free trial once in August and I just realised a series of withdrawals!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company!

jeanniem4
2/22/15

Excellent selection of templates and easy to use.

marlenem12
2/22/15

LiveCareer had great tools to help me to build a great resume and cover letter that looked professional, presented me well, and I believe it helped me get a job very quickly. It was easy to work with, but I liked that if I needed help, there was great support available.

emilp10
2/22/15

I visited this cheat site just to polish my resume for $1.95 and 14 days resume subsribtion ... or at least this was written with bold letters. Unfortunatelly I did not read remainig text with smaller grey letters, which says that my subscribtion started and it should cost me almost $40 per month. After 3 months I realized that there are strange charges from my credit card for this so called "subscribtion". Durring this 3 months I received just spam mails from livecareer.com and nothing that looks like a service. I did not even entered in their site.

P.S. one star is too much.

Tip for consumers: Beware and stay away - this is absolute SCAM!

christinep20
2/21/15

Site did nothing for me and when membership is cancelled I did not receive a refund for fee paid within 3 days. So now I am stuck with another month.

haleya
2/21/15

I used LiveCareer once and paid the cheap fee to have my resume checked then I deleted my account and yesterday I went to buy groceries and found my visa debit declined and I knew I hadn't spent any money I get home and there's a $46.32 charge from LiveCareer I am very frustrated I deleted my account and I am a college student so I can't really afford this stuff happening to me I sent a message through the customer service panel on the website and nothing. As for your emails regarding renewal maybe you should check up on the fact that you're being marked as spam whenever you send them out I know personally i delete my junk folder daily so there's that as well all in all watch out for this company they'll do anything to weasel money out of you

eliasb30
2/21/15

I stumbled upon this web site. You get to choose a template and then you are prompted with a series of fill in the blank statements. I found the process very easy for a computer illiterate like me. I can barely do more than read my email but I found the resume process very easy. I like the opportunity to proof read and correct my entries.

ryanr43
2/20/15

I was able to create a very professional looking resume and download it for a cheap fee. This was a super simple process and I would do it again in the future if needed.

terryj25

great

barbaran18
2/19/15

I had the best results using LiveCareer...I was able to cross match, got many ideas. Unbelievable results. Will pass your site on to others.

manuela36
2/19/15

easy to use website thanks guys for helping me with my resume

daneillec
2/19/15

With the assistance of this easy to use website, I produced a resume and cover letters that helped me obtain the position I interviewed for! Customer service has been very helpful and quickly responded to my inquiries. Highly recommend.

yanih
2/16/15

The website was very easy to use. My previous resume was uploaded quickly, and it was easy to modify. The best features about this site is that you have multiple templates to choose from and there is a diversity of content examples that will help your resume stand out.

kevine20
2/15/15

I suggest using another site, or simply asking a counselor or a family member to assist. Not only did I try once to delete my account (after I located my zip drive with my old resume) , but deleting my account came with no success. I was then charged $39.00 for what I'm not sure. The first charge was under $2.00 ,and rightfully so when you consider a resume is my info created by me about me. If this company asked me about myself then created a resume based on my recorded info THAT would be worth this ridiculous amount. Three days after I finished the online resume I pressed a deactivate account button and I now see that it didn't work. I thought this to be a grand idea , and a way to categorize my work history while searching for my missing resume in a flash drive, but this now feels like a scam for the unemployed. I too tried to do a live chat and sent an email, but no response has been received on my end. One thing they do not point out is that when you try to deactivate your account there are missing sections that you'll need to fill in(age, grad date, gender).. if you continue to press deactivate without doing so, it will not deactivate or tell you why. Not cool!

Tip for consumers: I don't see a reason for such a site if once you're in you can't get out. I'm sure that I am not the first person that made a choice to delete the account due to not needing it. Now I've paid over 40.00 for something I've not used.

tomf45
2/14/15

The resume process is okay. However, my account was overcharged. I was never able to get in touch with anyone to fix the error. Then I had numerous charges of less then a dollar show up one day. When I called them, I was never able to speak to anyone. I went online to the "live chat" feature. After 10 minutes a person asked how the could help. After I explained the situation to them the never responded again. Bogus company.

larryc40
2/14/15

Thanks to a support worker, Anna, did concede and returned 3 months of 6 months billings.
It is their policy to auto-bill,,,,soooo beware, and be warned. Also they are not a USA comp, they are UK, all billing is UK. Would I use again?? site was OK, worth the fees, NO. You can hire a professional writer for much less that 40$ a month. Always be aware of auto-billing. I will never again use a real CC, banks now issue refillable CC for internet use, I now know why. And the CC company's wont back you since they consider auto billing legitimate.
be Warned! I am thank full for the assistance of the person mentioned, but it should never have happened.

Tip for consumers: never use your real credit card for anything online! Use temp cards and maybe paypal

grantc22
2/14/15

It was an learning experience with options.

luizaw
2/13/15

Awesome ;)

maryj81
2/12/15

Very easy to work with. Will definitely recommend to friends.

waynorm
2/12/15

Im gratefull for the way my Resume was done, even Im that one who put it together choosing from your site, was a success... Thank you very much

marciah9
2/12/15

I had a great experience on this site. The software was very helpful in guiding me to create an appealing resume and the phone customer service was super easy. I will use it again and recommend to others.
Suggestions: The Live Chat was not useful --waited 5 minutes but no one ever showed up. It would be nice to have a tab function within the the resume sections. I wanted to line up some things down several lines of test and had to do it by pushing the space bar. which wasn't very effective because the spacing is different while working in the program than when it actually prints up.

richardb136
2/12/15

easy to use. gave good examples for me to use

carlap14
2/12/15

I was preparing two different resumes.This is a great site. Very easy to walk through. The only problem was I had to wait to begin the second resume because the option wasn't offered to begin a new one for a different person. Also upon trying to cancel the subscription I had to call in because the site just kept offering more things to buy. The ease of using this site is wonderful. I will be back and I will recommend your site to family and friends.

joyv1
2/12/15

I only used the resume feature, but had a great experience. I liked the different templates, although moving the order of job experiences around was problematic - I couldn't do it! Regardless, I have a job now in spite of it. Thank you.

dianef20
2/11/15

It was very easy and beneficial to type my resume with LiveCareer. I was offered a job within a week.

bridgets8
2/10/15

I used this service to write my resume and although I am pleased with the final product, the customer service is absolutely terrible. They do not answer their emails, if you call you will be put on a loop and they will not pick up. I have attempted several times to delete my account and they will not allow me to do so despite the fact that my subscription has expire. S C A M

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE IT

frankg53
2/9/15

easy and simplified , perfect for me

laurat35
2/8/15

My resume was very nice, to cancel my account was very difficult.

jerrym51
2/7/15

I had a wonderful, user friendly experience with live career. The website helps you to layout your resume in prcise order and format. It handle all corrections and the part I love most is when the website lets you know when you've included too many words in a section of you resume or if your word need to be simplified. This website is the greatest!!

hollys24
2/7/15

easy to use and very helpful

lucid2
2/7/15

Once again, another site that takes advantage of young people. My son,(teenager), used this one time to do his very first resume. They charge your debit card for the small $1.95 fee which is fine. Fourteen days later, there is an almost $40 charge to the debit card. I'm sure this happens all the time and this is how they make their money. Customer service reps are not the nicest people either. It's a shame that a site that could possibly grow and one day be worth more than an average 2 STAR RATING(it's rated that for a reason) isn't more upfront with their policies, DON"T try to hide it in small print, be upfront and clear when it comes to playing with peoples hard earned money. They are on your site for a reason, to get help, not get ripped off by the ones that are supposed to help you get your career started. Shame on this company.

kennyc20
2/7/15

I was very impressed with the many resume builder options that were available, easy to access and the bullet points were very accurate with the job that I had applied for. Glad I found your website.

davidr133
2/6/15

Good tools to create resume. On occasion had problem with site freezing and logging me off.

karinar1
2/6/15

This site really helps you build a great resume, with tips on how to make you look good! It's easy too.

florentinos
2/6/15

Very good, and simple step by step

alvinh19
2/6/15

Didn't like how the service gives you no notice for when they will draft your acct , now I have an overdraft from my bank , after I cancelled thanks live career....

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kathrynb13
2/5/15

Used LiveCareer off and on for the last 5 years. Never had problems getting charged beyond what I signed up for. (I just made sure to call and cancel a couple of days before the month was up.)
Main problem - the "experience" section of the resume would often, inexplicably, rearrange the order of my work experience, making it almost impossible to list my job history in chronological order. So beware of this flaw.

stpehaniek
2/5/15

I initially used Live Career sometime ago, then cancelled, however, recently I needed this service again, I can't tell you enough how important it is to have a "stand-out" resume! I was commended on my resume and all the information that was contained in it, it also allowed me to personalize it for that "stand out" effect not to mention it stood out among the rest! It was well worth the money and time I invested to have me obtain my current position, thank you Live Career!

narangik
2/4/15

Very easy way to built your resume!

kelvinw7
2/3/15

very good. Helped me organize my skills and build my resume and write my cover letter. I got a job within one week.

erics81
2/3/15

Amazing, easy to use, great price!!
Built a professional resume in less than in hour. I could have never created such a good resume on my own.

erinw20
2/3/15

It was very easy to use and customer service was very helpful! But my only complaint was no forewarning on the $40 bill i received after using the site once.

shawnad3
2/3/15

This is an amazing site that helps you build a professional looking resume with such ease. I would highly recommend for any one that wants to be hired to make your resume here....