US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 77 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 48 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 18 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sylviap5
10/31/14

Very easy and pleasant customer service. Love everything they offer! I would definitely recommend LiveCareer to those looking to create an awesome resume.

leslieg17
10/30/14

I love LiveCareer. Creating my resume was quick and easy. The suggestion tools and format options were extremely helpful. I GOT THE JOB! My employer said that he loved my resume, and frankly so do I.

Thank you.

robertw117
10/29/14

Very user friendly interface to organize info on my resume and the ability to save in different file formats a plus.

felliciaw
10/28/14

If was good better than speaking to a live person

rongjuant
10/28/14

It's really an amazing web, it gives me great ideas about how to create a CV and cover letter. Now I've good my job in L'Oreal. Thanks you guys!

teresab22
10/28/14

Excellent! I made a very professional looking resume and got a job. Thanks!

anthonym86
10/28/14

Great tools to structure my resume! I was told in my interview that my resume was very well organized and I should be very proud of it, a few days later I was offered the job!

edwardj16
10/28/14

LiveCareer makes creating a resume very simple.

aprilk6
10/27/14

Great and very helpful tool.

jamess204
10/27/14

I had a similar experience as everyone else. I got the cover letter and that looked alright, but then they decided to bill me 40 dollars a month! thats an insane amount especially for a full time student and a part time worker. The company hides the fact that it is an auto renew subscription and upon chatting with a rep I was refunded a month (its been 7 days since that charge) and even though i haven't signed into my account in three months I was told too bad. I really think its bad business practice to not clearly inform customers of an auto renew policy and then never follow up with them. Try elsewhere or even better, just format it yourself in word, you'll end up happier and richer.

Tip for consumers: just avoid it, you're better of creating a resume in word or publisher

hankd2
10/26/14

Feel like I got scammed. I knew there would be a charge but I did not realize it was $40.00 after 14 days. I could not find that in the fine print. I thought it was 14.99 which would be reasonable. My advice is to cancel right after you use the resume builder. They also charged me $1.19 two days after I cancelled. They said it was an international banking fee but they are based out of San Francisco. Sadly, the resume builder is a good tool. The business practices are shady though so beware.

Also, I was told the price was included in my welcome email. It is not in that email...

Tip for consumers: Cancel right after you complete your resume'. Don't wait.

evac13
10/26/14

very helpful, lots of examples!! definitely will go back to use it again!

willeneb
10/26/14

This is my second time using LiveCareer. I love how easy it is to create the perfect resume and cover letter. I will most definitely use LiveCareer again, if needed.

jenniferk33
10/26/14

good

lisag54
10/25/14

Gave great advice on building resumes.

hollyr9
10/25/14

The helpful tabs when building my resume were great, but I had a difficult time trying to cancel my service. I sent a message regarding by subscription but never received a response. $40 is an awful lot to spend per month...I AM looking for a job, after all!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT let them bill you for more than one month. Write resume asap and save/cancel service. For $40-$80 that you might get charged by livecareer you could have an actual person in your community write you a tailored resume.

marioc14
10/25/14

I just wanted to make a resume. It claimed it was free. Nope

alyssaw3
10/25/14

This site helped me so much. It had been a few years since I had created a resume and it really helped create a perfect resume. I got a job within two weeks! This is a real rating, it seriously helped.

rickyz
10/22/14

When I lost my job, I was devastated about the experience. I have not looked for a job in 20 years. LiveCareer helped me prepare a professional resume using key words to get the attention of potential employers. It guided me every step of the way. The tools at LiveCareer are easy to use even if you are not comfortable using a PC. I highly recommend LiveCareer to those getting back into the job market. It assisted myself getting a new job very quickly.

emeset
10/21/14

terrific and prompt

troyk10
10/21/14

Templates added flexibility to job search. Able to craft with relative ease specific messaging in my resume that helped potential employers best evaluate me without utilizing a cookie cutter approach. Highly recommended!

alexi310
10/20/14

It was great!!

lorettas5
10/20/14

Quick, efficient, many choices, easy to use.

erinm31
10/19/14

Was very helpful. Got the job I was seeking. Thank
You.

davep46

Excellent

coryd7
10/18/14

My wife needed a site to make a resume and this site was free so we thought.
1st they get you at the download your resume for $1.95. I had a bad feeling when giving my credit card info and I was right. Several days later they billed $39.95 for I still don't know what. Something we never agreed to or wanted and if known was coming would have stopped it.
10/21/2014 Addendum - Since I have posted this review Livecareer has made everything right. They were very helpful and I want to thank them for having good customer service.

davidw180

Excellent customer Service.

jasond61
10/17/14

Great service

marcd17
10/17/14

I was changed for a full month or service after i had previously attempted to cancel after paying the first month. I did not wish to keep the service and have attempted to cancel multiple times each time telling me I was cancelled. Now today I received a charge of $40.96 on my credit card.

calviny2
10/16/14

The experience with the livechat was awesome I really enjoyed that!

jeffr494
10/16/14

Good experience - very helpful

patc43
10/15/14

Very helpful and excellent service!

glennr21
10/14/14

easy to use, pick a format or formats, fill in the blanks, save, and print or email...thats what I did and got a call to continue in the interview process within 4 days of signing up...

marciaj3
10/13/14

I signed for the one month period @$ 7.95 and got charged for a full year @$ 95.40. I did not want the full year. I cancelled online and received "confirmation of my cancellation" within a few hours. Nothing was mentioned about a refund. I waited a few days and called the customer service number and asked when I could expect my refund. She (Irish) calculated the days between cancellation and my request for refund and said I could expect a refund of $93.45 within 2-3 business days depending on my bank. A charge for use fee of $1.95 was deducted from the original fee of $95.40. This happened yesterday and today my refund of $ 93.45 has already been returned to my bank account. I would say this is excellent service and I would do business with LiveCareer again if the need arises.

Tip for consumers: If you cancel, do it online, then follow up with a call to customer service for your refund.

carolw30
10/12/14

quick, professional

urbainc
10/12/14

Awesome! I'm happy I created an account and subscribed for the service..

jasonm114
10/10/14

Thank you again for the great help!

barbit
10/10/14

I liked the resume options on the website, however, they DO NOT transfer over easily to Word. Extremely hard to edit.

kevinf26
10/10/14

Pros: Resume templates are good. Relatively easy to use to quickly create resumes. Keyword suggestions.

Cons: Predatory pricing and software scheme - They bill they you $40 per month after the 14-day trial for $1.95 for but they tell you this up front. But the $1.95 gives you full access to export your files as a Word document.

So then you just think, I'll make a few resume variants, export them to Word and then tweak them there. Sounds fair.

But unfortunately, after you've spent hours on fine tuning your resume and export it to word, you immediately notice that nothing can be changed without screwing up the formatting as the software exports each individual element as an object.

So basically now you're stuck editing within Liveplan and waiting for them to bill you an insane amount.

I contacted customer service and they refused to refund any money and offered me a hack excuse that it is not faulty software and could be the result of many other factors. In any case they offered to manually format the resume for me and I'm now waiting on that.

Best of luck all.

Tip for consumers: My advice is to use the 2-week trial. Make some resumes. Contact customer service and make them convert the resumes properly so as not to lock you in.

bradleyd12
10/9/14

Easy to navigate. Able to create a great looking resume with little difficulty. When I went to cancel the service, the process was easy and painless. Thanks you.

sanya-kayj
10/9/14

For cancelation

joanu
10/7/14

I got hired a week after I submitted my resume. Highly recommended.

ericd31
10/7/14

Saved me from a world of aggravation in a pinch! I needed a new resume, FAST! With the help of the tools and suggestions provided by LiveCareer, I was able to quickly put together a strong, succinct concept of what I bring to the table as a prospective employee. Thanks - I got the job!

jennyg11
10/6/14

I thought I was getting a FREE sample/look at a cover letter and was "roped into" buying it and then not being able to change/copy it. I honestly didn't need this - but - I did land a terrific job!

melindal5
10/6/14

Easy to use, but more than I wanted to pay.

marthal17
10/5/14

FIVE STAR ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Would highly recommend this site to all in need of resume services!

leel40
10/5/14

I am appalled with your company... you charge me a dollar to download my cover letter, than less than a month later charge me 46 dollars? are you insane? for what???? how do you justify this after downloading one sheet of paper? do you think this is fair or justified? I am disgusted angry and very upset!!! people are trying to seek employment and jobs so clearly they need money and you prey on it! you take your dollar, no1 reads any fine print and then you take almost 50? from people who don't have jobs and need it the most? unbelievable!

Tip for consumers: don't bother!

mikep92
10/5/14

I utilized the service for a new resume template. The charge to print was $5. I paid this at that time. They signed me up for a monthly service at $39.80 which I didn't agree to. When I received back to back charges for an August and September fee I contacted them in writing and called. I couldn't speak to a live person just automated tellers. I emailed them and told them to refund my money. They didn't! I received a response from them in email from a rep named Ainess with a ref# which proved to be a joke as they never followed up. I called my bank and they opened a fraud ticket and reimbursed my account but never received a response from LiveCareer. It's October 2nd and guess what happened on Oct 1st, yes, another charge of $39.80 from LiveCareer after I emphatically told them to stop. I emailed them again and no response. I called my bank and they opened another fraud ticket. So, my attorney gets notified today along with the Ohio Attorney General office. Stay away from this site. They have informative info but they're like the "mob", once you are in you can never get out!!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away if you value your bank funds.

dennisg24
10/5/14

I was very please with my service

demitriusd
10/4/14

Was very easy! The end results look great! Everybody loves the way my resume looks.