US Government's NSF

1 Hallidie Plaza, Suite 306, Suite 600
San Francisco, California 94102, United States
Tel: 1-888-816-0576
customerservice@livecareer.com

People interested in LiveCareer are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 140 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 89 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 37 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lesliew17
7/30/15

I made one cover letter. I thought it was going to cost me $1.90 as advertised. I was scammed and charge $39.50 because I didn't cancel after 14 days. I had no idea this was the case. I feel so deceived and there customer service line told me that I had made a mistake and they were unable to help me. I hope others can read this and be warned. Don't do it!

tamil11
7/30/15

As everyone has said, $1.95 for s resume and in small print it says you agree to a subscription. I also called regarding these charges and they said too bad. They had no intention of refunding $80.00. I'm going to dispute these charges!!!!! Taking advantage of consumers!!!

lisak30
7/30/15

I wanted to give a heads up that you will likely see a "International POS fee" on your bank statement. Apparently in small print, this was mentioned. They do their banking in the UK. I didn't read the small print.

It is kind of deceiving that they advertise as free resume building. I didn't know it would cost until after spending a lot of time creating my resume and at the end is when you see it'll cost to print or save it. I did not read the terms & conditions beforehand. With that being said, I was able to create & make a copy of my resume.

trishas4
7/30/15

$1.95 for resume. Small print which I didn't see anywhere is $39 a month after 14 days if you do not cancel. Charged me under a different email address. Called them and they would not issue me a refund saying I agreed already. Spoke to supervisor and got no where! Complete BS because I called them a week after the charge. DO NOT GET THEM TO MAKE YOUR RESUME. THERE ARE OTHER COMPANIES WHO WORK WITH INTEGRITY!!!!

brianb128
7/29/15

Run. This is a total scam. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD. They will steal $$$$$.

robertw164
7/28/15

I really liked the service I received from livecareer.com The interface was very easy to use and guided the resume creating process which made for a quick creation. They also glanced over it and offered suggestion to help strengthen. I would recommend this product for anyone who is looking for help making a resume.

natesiab
7/28/15

I just want my $72.10 back that I didn't have!! It really pissed me off that they willing went back into my damn account and took my $$$! I am still in disbelief about this!! I deactivated my account asap but I am not sure if they will still be taking $$$ out my account. I need to go to my credit union asap!! I just want a refund that's it!!

elizas7
7/28/15

Please contact the BBB if you are caught in this scam. They are in file and you WILL get your money back

kellya44
7/27/15

None of the featured worked on the website complete was of money and time!!! Contacted multiple times to cancel my account they said ok and I was still being billed. Used the option to talk to them online said it was canceled still never got email confirmation finally tried calling yet again to wasted 30 minutes of my time and the phones were disconnected. I only then got a response when I contacted my credit card company to dispute the charges! Then they were willing to cancel my account but charge me another month. How thoughtful. Thankfully my creditcard company blocked charges and is refunding me. I'm not one to write reviews but they're a horrible company!

jamiec41
7/27/15

Excellent website. Great for resumes and cover letters. Exact and effective.

sabrinaj8
7/26/15

I only used one time and couldn't even upload the resume I PAID for and I also used it MONTHS ago and just now saw a fee for 39.80 I'm extremely frustrated please I need a refund. That is my hard earned money.

helenb47
7/25/15

I wish I had read these reviews before I started my trial period! The same thing happened to me. You think you have canceled within the trail period based on their online direction and they still charge you $39.80!

kevinh90
7/24/15

They have an automatic subscription renewal service. Pay attention to it. I was charged for an extra month after purchasing a one month service. This site is stupid. I will never pay someone to try to get a job again. What a stupid idea I had...

Good Luck.

oscaro5
7/24/15

Tried this website and not all of the features ever worked. During the trial, and after they charged me the 39 dollars. Never again. Do not recommend. Thought i had cancelled my subscription and they charged me again!

randyo8
7/24/15

I basically had the same service as everyone else on here. Although there are a couple on here who did have a good experience...That is doubtful.. maybe live career hired them to write the review. Bunch of a-holes if you ask me. I have been on the hold now for twenty minutes trying to get a refund. They probably wont get back to me either.... hoping I'll hang up in frustration.Their customer service sucks. They should be ashamed of themselves. By the sounds of it that Anna girl has been quite busy writing apologies for the lousy service.. almost all the reviews have her name on it.

shukorinag
7/23/15

The prices displayed are not correct because they will charge you much more. Within 2 weeks I was charged another $39 and was told that all of their "subscriptions are auto renewing.This is to ensure no interruption in your service." They charged a flat rate for the resume, two weeks later charged $39 and had another $39 scheduled in a couple weekd. TOTAL SCAM, THEY ARE SNEAKY AND TAKE YOUR MONEY!

moniqueh7
7/23/15

This company any had been taking money from my credit card since January 2015 without my knowledge! My daughter went into your site to write a resume so she could get a job for the summer holidays (yes I'm in Australia) and could didn't see anywhere on the site that there would be a continued charge after this... And what the hell is the charge for anyway, what else do they offer. There have been no further emails from you so I don't understand why there is the monthly charge???? I demand a full refund immediately. Please email me before I need to take further action!

Very unhappy

prestonr6
7/22/15

1.95 for resume. Small print which I didn't see anywhere is $39 a month after 14 days if you do not cancel. Charged me under a different email address. Called them and they would not issue me a refund saying I agreed already. Spoke to supervisor who then tried to tell me they can only give me a partial refund because ...it already processed most of the payment???? Complete BS because I called them a week after the charge. DO NOT GET THEM TO MAKE YOUR RESUME. THERE ARE OTHER COMPANIES WHO WORK WITH INTEGRITY!!!!

catherinew22
7/22/15

Helpful online tool to update the look of your resume depending on the type of position you are looking for and to give you hints with your cover letters too. Still takes time to imput the information but once you upload your information you can tweak as you wish and change the format instantly, saving you hours of formating time. If you want to save even more time, get the subscription so you can save all the different formats you want.

shannonl28
7/22/15

I was under the impression that an email would be sent notifying me that the trial period was over. Besides sending me a resume that had terrible spacing (one full page and a third of a 2nd page), I was charged $39.00 after using the site one day.
I was fully finished my resume before I realized I would have to sign up to print it out. They lore you in , you spend a bunch of time creating a resume, and then they tell you you have to join before you can print it.

williamp72
7/22/15

No they are just another Scam. They are using unauthorized with from Debit card accounts.
Do not trust this unethical comp[any at all.

Use them at your own risk.

elizabethb86
7/22/15

Hello - I never subscribed to your services and you are debiting my bank account - 4 months of debits. Please reimburse IMMEDIATELY.

jidar
7/21/15

I think perfect resume should send out a email if you are going to be billed. I didn't see the small print that said I will be billed 35 dollars. If I wanted to be billed 35 dollars than I would have spent more with ya'll the first time not 2.95. This website site is a ripe off and I will NOT tell anyone to use ya'll website. Oh and I called ya'll today for a refund of my 35 dollars but yet I will only get 26 dollars back. So get take the rest of my money. NEVER again

jenniferm125
7/21/15

I was unfortunate in my decision to try this company for my resume builder. I paid their low 14 day fee and went to their website to cancel within that time frame. I went into my settings and hit Delete Account. It came up with my account is expiring. To my surprise I was hit with a $39.80 charge on my account. I went on to their website to LiveChat to find out about this charge. First off the customer service is horrible, very rude and was shocked at the service. I was informed that Account is different then their Subscription. That cancelling your account doesn't cancel your subscription. SINCE WHEN!!
They will not work with you at all, they would not reverse charge or refund partial. I was told she would cancel my subscription but when I went back in my "Subscription" was still active. I can see from other reviews this is a habit of theirs. I will not recommend this company and I hope this review helps in your decision.

benjamins36
7/20/15

This is one of those websites that lures you in with a simple low fee, and then deceptively charges you a whooping 40 bucks without sending you an email notifying anything sort of transaction. This kind of business practice is unacceptable.

Additionally, when I contacted live chat for support, the operator, known as "Ran", was EXTREMELY rude and unhelpful. Absolutely awed in his or her level of unprofessionalism as a customer service rep. There was nothing but arguments and a refusal to see the facts as they present themselves.

Stay FAR FAR away from this website. There are much better options out there, but this one is akin to that of a scam site.

lindan30
7/20/15

I was having trouble editing my resume & cover letter. I called customer service & the representative could not have been more helpful! I was beyond frustrated & she fixed my editing issue immediately!

akig
7/20/15

This site auto charges you with fees that are not made explicit to the user. The UX/UI is shoddy at best and I had a bad experience with customer service when I attempted to get a reimbursement. I will never use this site again, and I would not recommend this site to anyone.

pt30
7/19/15

If you do their 14 trial and don't change to a yearly subscription $39.80 they auto renew you at $39.80/month! Yes $39.80/month! They won't work with you at all! Very unprofessional

margaretg38
7/17/15

Anna thank you for your reply, however I would like to point out that yes u might have it in your small print that it is auto renew, however given the amount of complaints about your company online perhaps you should actually make an option, would you like auto renew at £22.95 per month, yes or no!!!!!! You can also see that there is no activity on the account and perhaps send a reminder that we are paying for something that we are not using!!!! Well done in scamming hundreds of pounds off people

christelj1
7/15/15

They don't care about you or your resume one bit. They want to do what ever they can to get your money. somehow, After canceling my account I was continued to be charged under another email address that does not exist! Do Not Waste your money

kimberlyc28
7/15/15

Easy to use

lanim2
7/14/15

This place is truly horrible! I bought the 1.95 subscription a couple months ago, cancelled it and my account, re logged in today and was charged 40 DOLLARS. This is not what I signed up for! Tried contacting customer service right away and they said they couldn't do anything for me! Will be contacting my bank right away!!!!!

daryln3
7/13/15

Toni was extremely patient and helpful with fixing my resume and cover letter....now I can proceed with mailing my resumes out.... I can thank Toni enough for her help......

joshuaw23
7/12/15

The features are great and all, but they didn't send me an e-mail to warn me that my account was going to start being billed $40 a month. Please remember to cancel your account. I had to do a lot of complaining to get a refund, but was kindly helped thereafter. Overall, a great site for its purposes, but expensive and a little shady.

Tip for consumers: Cancel your account within 10 days of making it to avoid being overcharged.

kimg33
7/11/15

I used the Resume Builder to help my son-in-law with his resume. The tool itself was very useful and gave a lot of suggestions that we wouldn't have thought of ourselves. HOWEVERl.... after the first $40 charge, I cancelled my account online. There were never any emails, not when I created the account and not when I cancelled. Access to my online account was removed (said it doesn't even recognize the email address), so I assumed all was well. Ha! My credit card was charged two more times. So I sent an email through Live Chat and received my only email from Live Career to date: "

Thank you for choosing LiveCareer Limited
We have received your inquiry. A team member will address your request as soon as possible."

And then 8 days my credit card was charged again. I'll be on the phone with my credit card company Monday.

alannah5
7/11/15

Great c easy to cancel subscription

brittah
7/10/15

They pride themselves on sending email confirmation when you end your subscription. But if they really cared and wanted to have pride they would send an email reminder that your subscription is about to renew and (over) charged $40 for use of their website. This rate is so extreme and slipped in plain view in the paragraph that you are likely to miss it. You can get the 14 day trial for $1.95 then they will start charging you the 15th day. It is not worth it. Make your own resume or go to a builder that is Actually free. They are still claiming to be the number 1 resume builder out there. Who knows how much they have made off people simply missing the deadline or not even realizing what they are signing up for. Please be watchful. They refused to refund my money.

darcyb4
7/10/15

It's not until you are completely done building the resume with the "Free" resource that you get the notice that if you want to download the resume to anything but a text format you have to pay! Well if you want it professional looking you're stuck! Be sure you cancel your subscription immediately or you will get charged and there is no option to give you a refund. It's apparent this is a problem because the customer service rep had a well rehearsed/well read statement in response to my complaint. A little more information about the potential costs prior to using the source to build a resume would be a more honest business practice. This charge at the end felt sneaky! Very Frustrating! Also, when you download into the word version, it doesn't transfer the formatting perfectly and if you want to make a change, it's nearly impossible to make it work. What a mess!!!!! So I pay a fee that I wasn't expecting and then the product I receive is "broken" Nice job Live Career!

ianp22
7/9/15

Simply being straightforward, LiveCareer allows you to build a resume in a helpful, easy, and accessible format.

However LiveCareer charges 40 dollars monthly after you have printed out your resume. If you remember to cancel the subscription immediately, well then its worth it.

But if you happen to be like me, where you forget to cancel, well then you are essentially a money farm, as they will continually charge 40 dollars a month.

Did I agree to the terms and conditions? Yes I did. I didn't try to get my money back, I clicked Agree, I know what I am accountable for.

But if you happened to stumble upon this review, maybe think twice about using LiveCareer.

timg37
7/9/15

I made a resume here in 2012, paid to print a couple off. It's 2015 won't let me print it today. I should have access to do this. I'm sure the terms and agreement was not the same then. $40 is steep for someone looking for a job. Plus they claim it is totally free until you print. Calling BBB. Waste of time. Do not use. I recommend another service.

anandah
7/9/15

this is the worse experience ever i just wanted one resume and when i forgot to cancel the account they charged me $35 and i called and they wouldn't even give me my money back... the site is a complete scam please don't use it

brians142
7/8/15

I used this site to print out a fast resume. The terms were it would cost me $1.95 to print the resume...and if I did not cancel within 7 days I would be charged $39.98 for a membership.

When I went to cancel the membership, I was greeted by a check box that said "I understand the terms and conditions of cancellation" but there is no specific reference to the terms and conditions of cancellation on their site. Even if you attempt to use Google for LiveCareer cancellation Terms and Conditions...you do not get a LiveCareer result.

When contacting their customer support, which is also extremely slow and has zero concern for the customer (I spent 30 minutes on hold asking for a cancellation), I was informed the following

XXXX
21:11:40 You should have contacted us to clarify the terms and conditions of the cancellation
21:11:54 No your terms and conditions should be EXPRESSLY VISIBLE
XXXX
21:11:58 Okay, I've set your subscription to cancel at the end of the period so you will not be billed again. I've also sent you an email confirmation for your records.
XXXX
21:12:01 Unfortunately this is a valid charge, and since we already canceled the service. Rest assured that there will be no further charges.

So the only way to know if I'd be charged a penalty for cancelling was to contact them..because they apparently aren't required to expressly list their terms and conditions of cancellation.

So they get to keep 40 dollars of my money because I printed out one resume from them and their site is expressly designed as membership trap.

DO NOT USE THIS SITE EVER IF YOU HAVE ANY SENSE OF WHAT THE VALUE OF ONE PIECE OF PAPER IS.

shirleyg22
7/8/15

I wish I had done my research before using this company. I purchased a resume for $1.95 and was charged a subscription fee of $40.00 of which I never wanted! I tried to cancel the membership and their customer service is RIDICULOUS! They cancelled the membership for me and told me that I wouldn't be charged any additional charges but that they would not credit me anything! I do not need the membership nor do I want it! This place is such a RIPOFF! I am DISGUSTED!

carolw43
7/8/15

I believe that the help I obtained from LiveCareer in assisting me putting my resume together helped me get the job I wanted.

sheilas26
7/7/15

I used LiveCareer's resume writing tools and it was most helpful. I had to pay $1.95 for a two week trial before I could download my resume, but it was well worth that. The only problem I had was that I could not get to account setting so that I could cancel the subscription, but a 15 minute live chat with a nice person named Jam and that was resolved. All and all a good experience.

sinar
7/6/15

i bought a $1.95 resume from this company and the ripped me off without enough explanation . they just made me an account and just renewed the account and charged me AU $48 . they just want your money , they're rude and their service in rubbish

jons91
7/6/15

I had been employee at a large corporation for 15 years , when I suddenly found myself out of a job. With no recent experience in Resume writing and cover letter writing I needed some serious help and fast. Livecareer.com was very easy, fast service for a professional custom tailored Resume and cover letter.

nancyp54
7/6/15

A friend of mine is in dire straits, so I offered to pay the trial cost of $1.95. She was not happy with the service, and cancelled on the 14th day (a 14-day trial). But, they charged my card that very same day!!!! The 'Live Chat' on their site did not work---it only took me to email. I and my friend emailed, and they provided a telephone number to call, but of the many times I called, each time it was the same thing----a full minute of complete silence, then disconnect!!!! They make it impossible, hoping to charge a 2nd month before you can get any real help!!!! Finally, one day, the Live Chat worked, and the representative only argued with me on how easy and convenient their cancellation methods are!!!! Finally, offered a partial refund, when I said it should be a full refund, as we have been trying to cancel since the 14th day, and were timely, the rep then said they would take back the refund!!!! Are you kidding me??? Playing stupid games with me??? AVOID THIS COMPANY.

laurai8
7/5/15

In canceling my account during the trial period, I unknowingly deleted my account rather than canceling the automatic monthly charge. When I noticed the first monthly change of $39.80, I tried to sign into my account to verify the cancellation, but the account no longer existed. I figured there would be no other charge. One month later I was charged again. When I called to cancel, 2 days after the second charge, I was not offered a refund of the second month, but told my account was now cancelled and I could use the website for the rest of the paid month. I tried to login and again got the message the account did not exist. I called and got a second representative who told me they are unable to reopen a deleted account. SO I AM UNABLE TO USE A FULL MONTH OF SERVICES I HAVE PAID FOR. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Finally she said she would try for a refund, which is rarely done. I was given a prorated refund of 29.85 on July 5th, for a monthly charge of 39.80 on July 3rd. The full month should have been given. This is not an 'in good faith' service.

Tip for consumers: Stay away. I see others have had similar problems canceling. It is set up this way to get your money. Resumes are also not easy to edit once off their website.

adrians35
7/5/15

signed up for cv as needed one asap, was only £1.95...so i thought they have then charged my card for 2 months at £22.95 cos i did not cancel i did not see this option when i signed up and also never recieved the mail they say they sent when i signed up explaining this. total rip-offs there are lots of free good ways to do cvs please look around do not use these they just scam u. Note when i spoke with them was no offer of refund even though they know the account has not been used since that first day, if they really cared and see u not using it any legit company would refund.

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Is the price $1.95 Canadian dollars?
4/21/15
Answer
alanal3
A: Do not use this site!
6/3/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: My daughter used your website on 4/5 for a cover letter. The website said that it would be active for 9-11 days. She tried cancelling but it did not cancel and now she was charged $40. We would like to cancel and get a refund of the $40
4/22/15
Answer
cj135
A: Dont waste your time trying to contact them. I went to my bank and had all future billing refused AND I went to the State Attorney General and reported them.
6/2/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
LiveCareer?