US Government's NSF

1st Review:
arthurd

159 Reviews for LightInTheBox

Review Highlights

I have to return two cell phones to this website located in china.

I would have paid more to get higher quality product.

Once an order is placed you cannot talk to customer service apparently.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

4/17/14

I love dealing with them
Communicate with customers and respect them gently
Shipping is arranged in a manner
Regularity Time

4/16/14

With all the bad things I'd heard about ordering wedding gowns and outfits from website's based in China, I was more than pleasantly surprised with Lightinthebox.com! After reviewing their site, I took a chance because they had "real" customer reviews and even some photos from 'real' people (not models) on their site. So I ordered a dress, back in April 2013, for my sister to wear to her son's wedding. Light in the Box gets an A+ for making & shipping it: Order was placed on April 23, 2013.... it shipped May 11th.... and we received it in Texas, USA on May 17th!!! It was a "CUSTOM" order (where we gave the measurements) so it would fit her just right. My sister normally wears a size 18, but nothing is ever long enough since she's 5'11" tall, barefoot! Well, I must say, Light in the Box gets another A+++..... the ruby dress was stunning! Very, very well made. The color was beautiful and the beading... perfection! And it touched the floor! My sister LOVED it :) ..... In fact we were so satisfied with this purchase that my daughter has recently ordered her wedding dress, and all the dresses for her wedding party from Light in the Box (they are due in later this month)! And I just ordered my Mother-of-the-Bride outfit and expect it in mid-May! I would recommend Light in the Box to anyone!

4/16/14

The dress i ordered is for my wedding, so it is very important to me. The dress is beautiful and even prettier up close than the picture. The size i ordered was a good fit and true to actual sizing. I am extremely happy with my purchase. I am not sure if i am supposed to rate the company (Light in the Box) as well as the product i received, but i will go ahead. At first there was a problem with ordering, but once i contacted customer service they fixed the problem, got me my dress, and even refunded some of the cost. I would definitely order from them again.

4/15/14

Very good customer service. My dress is absolutely beautiful. The fit is perfect and I can not wait to wear it for our sons wedding at the end of May. Thank you very much and I highly recommend your company.

4/15/14

I have discovered this site and I liked it a lot. The items are very beautiful and for every taste.
I am waiting for my order to come every moment now. I am very excited.

4/14/14

I ordered a bridesmaids dress from this website. I found it at a great price. I had the dress before it was even scheduled to be shipped and its amazing quality. Its well made, great fit and exaclty as it was described on the site. I will definitely be ordering from them again.

4/13/14

Awesome! Such a good price, Shipped to NZ in only 12 Days. Items exactly as described, Packaged beautifully too, even for an order that was so low in price. I will absolutely be ordering again! Thankyou LightIn The Box!

4/12/14

i ordered from www.lightinthebox.com and i received really beautiful items! exactly like the pics on the site and they have a good quality, will definitely order again :)

4/11/14

I had the best experience using this website to purchase my wedding dress and a few small items. The dress looked so expensive and professional.

4/9/14

I 'm from Greece and I buy my wedding dress from the site light in the box. I had a lot of worries about this action, and many people told me not to do it. Finally I receive my wedding dress on time, one day before I go and buy another from shop.
My wedding dress is like the photos in the site, and the size I told them. Wants a lot of ironing but it isn’t problem. I’ll buy again from them something else. (Glamor weddings in Greece and Cyprus.)

4/7/14

my new android cubot phone from light in box was delivered not working properly. first it was showing rainbow lines on the screen, turning off and on by itself, staying on for a maximum of 10 minutes, making strange noises at start up, freezing and now refuses to come on or even charge. the battery was NOT dead the last time it was on.

4/2/14

Delivery is taking forever, it's insane, I've never had anything take this long to deliver. Still waiting for my items to arrive, they're already well past the date they said, which was already outrageous. I asked for a tracking number and the one they gave me doesn't even show up. Prices were good but not worth this crazy wait. I would comment on the quality but I don't have anything in front of me so I can't. Won't be ordering from them unless they improve. Will not be recommending to anyone either.

4/1/14

The quality of their products is high and more than expected.
Their service is excellent in contacting and helping the costumers.

3/30/14

Large range of stock; easy to navigate website; excellent service; generally prompt delivery; good quality products; excellent prices

3/29/14

Like everyone else says buyers beware ! No customer service....returns are charged 1/2 of the purchase price.....can't ever talk to anyone to find a return address...item I bought was suppose to be an 8 inch faucet for sink....my husband measured looked at item display.measurements ...when we received this faucet it looked like it went into a doll house it was so tiny....try to return forget it dead end...my advice buy American

3/20/14

Stay away from this site. I ordered 2 dresses (one in L and one in M) not sure what size I would need and thinking I could return the one I didn't like. Long story short...after 4 emails and endless discussions they will NOT take back the dress that I want to return unless I send pictures of the dress (did they forget what it looks like) and mail it myself back to china (shipping costs are higher than the dress is worth), plus they will then only refund 30% of the current price (the dress was reduced by 50% after I bought it). Ridiculous, a waste of time, absolute incompetent customer service (that can't get a single sentence straight and without spelling errors) and the quality of the dresses is rather low. STAY AWAY!!!

3/19/14

Buyer beware doing business with this company. Although the website looks very nice and it is full of American or western looking women and the English is grammatically correct - this company is actually just outside Shanghai, China. Orders over $250 to the USA will result in additional Customs duties of about 15%. I ordered a rabbit coat for my wife for Christmas. When she opened it on Christmas morning, it did not fit. The label had the correct size on it so I laid it on the table and measured it. According to their own size charts, this coat was four (4) sizes too small. They initially wound not return the coat but finally agreed since this was a manufacturing issue. However, I had to pay the return shipping to a US warehouse. I had to argue with them that I would not be returning the coat if they had made it correctly so they should pay the return cost as well. They did eventually agree but the coat had to arrive in China before they would do the refund. Then, I get a bill from the US Customs service for $31. I called the Customs service and told them I returned the item but was told that I owed to duty anyway. I contacted LightInTheBox about it and they said that they don't advise customer about the customs fee because (they claim) it is not consistent and I should have kept my purchase below $250 (like I have control of that.) They told me to just ignore the bill. I decided to argue with LightInTheBox again to get them to reimburse me for the Customs bill as well. I argued that this whole mess was their fault and I would not be returning the coat if it had been created correctly and I should not be out any money after the return was complete. They finally agreed and they did reimburse me for the original purchase, the return shipping cost, and the US Customs duty. It all worked out in the end but it took a long time.

3/17/14

They post fake advertisement for 7th anniversary sale: 90% off for Samsung Galaxy tab 3 and Ipad Mini. Those pages never had any 'add to bag' sign and a customer service personnel told me they were bought by someone who has a fast computer. What a childish lie. Now I doubt their price with all the sale prices. They are all must be overpriced with false sale prices and false original prices. Shame on Light in the Box. They are so dishonest.

3/15/14

STAY AWAY!! I placed an order of almost £200, and they delayed my order. Then their customer services department asked for a photograph of my credit card and copy of my passport for verification. I sent a scan of my credit card with all but last four numbers covered up, and thought the passport was not necessary. A few days later they requested that I take a picture of my card on my phone and send it to them and continued to ask for my passport. I checked with the bank and it seemed that they had already taken my payment days before! I never received my goods, but the credit card company did refund me my money.

3/15/14

I have ordered 2pairs of curtains at a really good price and was happy with experience, however I have just received a phone call from the delivery people saying I have to pay another £70 customs charge. This was not made clear to me when I ordered and a delivery charge of £10 was added to my order,so it looks like you have already paid delivery. As I got made to measure curtains I can not return themso I have no choice but to pay the extra £70. The price you pay at point of order is not the full price you will pay. beware

3/10/14

I purchased 3 items on one order (2 paintings and artificial flower), to minimise the cost of the shipment, only to find out that my order was sent in 3 separate packages!!!
Not only the paintings are of really poor quality (nothing like the pictures on the website), but I already paid £15 for flower delivery and £40 for one painting.
Now awaiting another painting - wondering when it will come and how much the stamp duty will cost me again!!!!
On top of the things invoices sent with deliveries show some ridiculous details of sender and amounts that have nothing to do with what I paid!!!!
Never again!!!! stay far away from this website!!!!

Does anyone know how I can get at least partial refund for that shameful purchase? I paid with credit card...

3/4/14

My daughter ordered her Prom dress and was told she would have it in plenty of time. Well today she was informed it will not even be ready due to the seamstresses being off for some reason. So she cancelled her order on an unmade dress. She just received a response it will take 2 to 3 weeks to return her money. Then another saying she is getting a refund of 0.00? She is owed 260+ dollars. What gives? She is in a panic, unsure if she will even get her money back. I've ordered from Chinese companies before and all went well. Not sure what to think about this situation. Hoping she gets every penny she is owed back. All they did was give her false shipment dates and heartache.

3/3/14

So far it's been a nightmare and I have no idea if they are going to rip me off. I ordered 2 dresses on 2/13/14 for a wedding on 3/28 and all was going well. Then for no reason they canceled my order. When I contacted them they told me that my order was not canceled and is progressing. When I checked the website there was another order that was pending my payment. I checked my credit card and confirmed they were paid for the 1st order. I tried to contact customer service and they keep replying with some stock reply that tells me nothing. Now I have no idea if the dresses will be delivered or if I've just been robbed. They will not reply to my queries with any information of any use no matter how specific I get. I may need to file a dispute with my credit card and now I have to shop for another dress just in case. This has been a terrible experience. I recommend you stay away from this site.

3/3/14

Lightinthebox delivers later than promised. They take no responsibility for the order. I ordered a dress which arrived after I was supposed to use it. I tried to cancel the order when I saw the deliverydate, but they still sent me the dress. I did not get any money back. Stay away from this website. Lightinthebox.com is not reliable and take noe responsibility when they do mistakes.

3/3/14

Ordered two cushion covers from this website when i got to checkout postage cost almost as much as items ordered. I was asked to pay £17 50p on delivery for import tax on delivery which I refused and have been unable to contact via e mail. Stay away from this site.

2/26/14

I ordered a ready to wear frock from light in the box and it arrived without any delays, the tracking was excellent - the outfit was fantastic - would highly recommend them.

2/23/14

I am extremely disappointed. I felt I was lied to on numerous occasions about why my order was taking so long. First I was told it was because of the Chinese New Year and now I am being told it is because my boots size is in high demand. With every complaint I submitted I got a response within 34 hours. Once I demanded a full refund no one had responded and when I try to log into my inquiry it says,"Sorry! www.lightinthebox.com is unavailable at the moment due to routine server
maintenance." How convenient. This is a scam. DO NOT SHOP HERE!

2/21/14

"I'm a mother of four who barely has time to shop for frames in store. I came across what looked like a great deal on a Wall set of 10 frames on llightinthebox. Unfortunately my excitement quickly turned to great regret, utter disappointment and a feeling of being bamboozled by the depiction, description and price value of these frames marked at $149.99 but on sale I can get them for $69.99.

These must be nice frames I thought. Since the set of 10 price value was $149.99 USD that means these are $15 frames and I can get then at under $10 each.

The depiction is of the frames displayed with matting inset. The specifications say pictures held are at smallest 5"x7".

I was so happy about this deal that I ordered two sets. Being in Canada shipping was an additional $43 and with conversation these two sets came to $193.00 on my credit card. It was still a good deal for frames that are valued at $15 each.

Now here's the most embarrassing part. My realization that I had been duped. The frames arrived and required Cash on Delivery for duties paid at customs. That was an additional $34 and then when I picked up the box that already seemed far too small to contain two sets of quality frames. It was SO light.

I cried inside seeing that they were not even glass inset but thin plastic, they require assembly to mount on the wall. They are the same frames that are sold at IKEA call NYTTJA that you can get for as low $2 each!

Also the specs that read "Picture Holds: 12*16*1pcs, 7*12*2pcs,5*7*7pcs" of frames depicted as displaying photos within a matted setting IS actually the dimensions of the frame itself. Within the matting of the small frames described as holding 5*7 you can actually display 3.15"*5".

I have contacted their customer service regarding the quality. Take from this review what you will. Beware buying on this site. If you have money to squander - go ahead. If you are looking for savings, don't do it.

I have just paid over $200 for frames worth $2 each. I am very sad and embarrassed about buying from this site."

2/18/14

Read lots of reviews from other people and got scammed myself. Ordered a painting and never got that painting and I'm sure they never sent it. Thankfully disputed my order with the credit card. Light in the box has to be shut down and closed for scamming lots of people.

2/18/14

I have ordered from this site several times. They are amazing! Both the price for quality items and customer service (which is handled carefully) is wonderful. I was not expecting the items to be so well made or to get such easy customer service. I could not find my tracking number and I wanted my items before valentines day. I used standard shipping. It was there a week before and my items were amazing for the price. So glad my sister told me about this site to help plan for my wedding, it helped tremendously!

2/18/14

Ordered Gel Nail Polish Product...well, it all came open with polish leaking. Once we cleaned up the bottles tried one of the colours and it didn't gel. The product sucks. When I emailed them for a refund they said that because the product was openned it could not be returned. I even had a picture of how we received it, in the bubble wrap covered in neon orange polish..so it was already openned before we even tried it. and then for it to not even gel...well...$62.00 down the drain! Do not order from this site. !! Stay Away!!

2/14/14

I ordered an LED shower head from them and it was clearly not the one I ordered. They offered a 50% refund if I return it and pay for shipping. I told them there ad was deceptive and I wanted a full refund and they pay for shipping or the Item they had posted on the web site. They deleted my complaint ticket and sent me an email the problem had been resolved.

I submitted a negative review and it was never posted. Notice their product reviews are never less than 4 stars. I love how they're also trolling this site posting apologies. It's just words LIB nobody wants to hear them any more. I ordered from them as a test; they failed; which I'm not surprised. The Shower head I bought wasn't cheap either.

No Recourse, No accountability. "All you's money belongs to's us"

oh btw, after paying an additional 50% for duty, taxes and import fees, my entire list of items were no longer a deal.

Update: Im updating my rating to 2 stars because after reading my poor review LIB did actually send me a full refund for the shower head. There is a lesson here about being a squeaky wheel.

However Im leaving my original review text so you may judge. There are definitely some poor business practices going on here

Sorry LIB. I cant give you the 5 stars for the refund as you requested. That is an extremely good rating only deserved for impeccable quality, price and service. Even after the refund, 2 stars is an honest rating.

2/13/14

I bought loads of items from miniinthebox with is actually the same company as lightinthebox. The package arrived within a week. I couldn't believe it :)

I'm very much happy from what the items turned out. They looked legit and the designs were impeccable! I would definitely buy more in the future.
Although, since I live in Denmark, I had to pay taxes. I bought items in the total of 390kr. and had to pay 160kr. I've purchased 18 items from miniinthebox but there was only 16 items. The other 2 hasn't been shipped yet but I already paid full price for them. I would gratefully appreciate it if they put the exact amount on how much you pay for the taxes.

But definitely thumbs up for the quality :)

2/12/14

Make sure you understand their return policies and cancellation policies. Understand that it may cost you $50 to cancel a$100 order. Understand that just because an item says it ships in twenty-four hours does not mean that your particular size or color can ship in twenty-four hours. Understand that receiving your item may take a month and a half. If you understand all of these things and are ok with them then use Light In The Box. I will not use them again.

2/12/14

I ordered Soft Crystal Pendant Necklace to my Wife through MiniInthebox.com,This is my Fourth purchase from this site and I've received it without any delay.My wife was thrilled by seen this item.Thank you MiniInthebox again....

2/11/14

First package came in and it was great. Next day the other one came in and it was the wrong order, nothing closed to what I ordered. It was someone else's. I also paid an extra $15.51 for expedited shipping so this was very disappointing. I was hoping for a cute purse to come in, but I guess not..

2/11/14

Lightinthebox.com was one of the best sites where it's easy to order, the delivery is excellent and on time. The products I purchased were outstanding , the fabric , tailoring and sizes perfect. It was a great experience, I felt the styles were different, good different , it's not like what you get in the market, and the pricing was great
I have been starting to advice my friends and family, cuz I was seen in a couple of weddings wearing the dresses I bought . A lot asked me and I strongly recommend it.
Great job lightinthebox

2/11/14

Terrible - I ordered a dress that was supposed to be ready to wear (i.e. not made to measure). Eventually they came back and said it would be dispatched 1 month after I had paid - too late for my event. When I tried to cancel they claimed that all there dresses were made on demand and charged me 50% of the total bill to to cancel. Don't trust them with your money.

2/10/14

Most reliable online shop to buy various electronics items with most reasonable cost. Very accurate items I found till today what ever I have purchased and very quick shipping. I suggest if you want to buy at reasonable price, go to MiniInTheBox.com.
Thanks

2/8/14

What a wonderful find! They have everything and at a remarkable price. Will definitely use them again, and will tell my friends!

2/8/14

The communication with the customer service was useless as my payment couldnt be confirmed for 20 days. The shipping was fine, but it took 20 days to confirm the payment done via wire transfer. I couldnt track it online regardless of the tracking numbers provided by Lightinthebox.

2/5/14

item bought was £28, when I got to the checkout, postage came in at £15. before the parcel arrived got a phone call asking for a further £15 import tax. avoid avoid avoid

2/3/14

When I ordered a garment from this company nowhere did it mention i would have to pay import duty/tax to the delivery company before they would deliver.
I had already paid delivery charges to this company
The fitting of the garment was appaling,,,,far too big at the top, the top of sleeves were far too small for the armholes causing puckering and the material just clung to the arm.
I complained to the company immediately informing them i wanted a refund as it did not fit and was poor quality. I received an email stating they would reimburse me a fraction of the cost- to have it altered here in the UK,which I refused, as it was not possible to alter it, there wasn't adequate material to do this.
I was eventually told I would have to return it to China at my own cost.I got the impression I would never get a refund. I was not going to waste my time.
I would not recommend this company ever.....steer clear!!!!

2/3/14

I have shopped many times at lightinthebox.com and every time i have been happy with my products,delivery,before and after care,the prices are cheap but the items are of veru high quality.I have told all my family and friends about the website and i would not hesitate to recommend them to any body they are also 100% friendly..and i am a 100% satisfied customer.

2/3/14

I didn't even want to give this site 1 star. After placing an order, I got an email requesting that I send them a photo of my credit card and my passport. Why? I don't know. I quickly did some research and found that this site is a well known scam site. Don't believe the 5 star reviews; they were obviously written by employees of the company.

2/2/14

I bought three different silicone moulds and favour bags. They were very quick to deliver. It is so cheap but that does not effect the quality, if anything the quality of the items I bought are better than the expensive 1s now after finding this website I am always on it in my spare time. I have already recommended this amazing website to most of my friends and I am still recommending it. Love It. Best of its kind

1/31/14

I order from them on a reg base I find they are very good in shipping the order out on time.And great items as well.

1/31/14

It always fast delivery with expedited shipping . Outstanding quality merchandise at unheard of prices. There are specials to making shipping prices lower and even free. Try it and you will love it just as I do.

1/31/14

I have had the best experience on light in the box. Light in the box is exclusively known for weddings and special occasions, but they offer so much more! My friends are always jealous of my clothes! I love the flash sales and super saving shipping - I've never paid for shipping! I had received a broken bracelet & they offered to give me double the amount in store credit, the amount I paid for it refunded, or a replacement item. It was all resolved in under 24hrs!

1/31/14

This is my experience with this company. Purchased several items had to return some for size. Site is setup for selling not for returns. I have gone around and around with this so called customer service that they say is so great and have gotten no where. I returned the merchandise which they now say they have not received after 6 weeks. I'm out $44 and there seems to be no resolution. II would not recommend anyone shopping there.
This is what I received from them after filing my review with Resellerratings.com
tp://www.resellerratings.com/store/view/Miniinthebox/review/4603049#comment4603049

Dear Customer,

This is Shirley from LightInTheBox.com. Thank you for sharing your shopping experience with us!

As you know, customer satisfaction is our NO.1 priority, and we give you our most sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations while shopping online. If you could kindly remove your complaint on Resellerratings regarding LightInTheBox.com, we would like to offer you a full refund for your order. To proceed with this refund, please send us your order number, the email address that was used while shopping on our website, as well as your PayPal account information. After the information is confirmed, we will then issue the refund as soon as possible!

Kind regards,
LightInTheBox.com
I sent them all this information and still nothing.
Check this out:
Investor Relations:
LightInTheBox Holding Co., Ltd.
Margaret Shi, Investor Relations