US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

enriquev3

Good experience!!!Fast shipping, great customer service!!! (in 149 reviews)

katerinam

I'm about to get married and I have ordered all the needed things from LightInTheBox, even my wedding dress. (in 30 reviews)

elenab8

Good quality products, excellent prices and huge variety of everything. (in 20 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

trouscien
1/20/15

POOR POOR POOR SHIPMENT SERVICE!!!! BEEN MORE THAN A MONTH SINCE ITEMS WERE SHIPPED AS STATED ON MY ORDER AND STILL I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANY OF MY ORDERS WITH NO HELP WHATSOEVER BUT A TEMPLATE RESPONSE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE.BIG BIG MISTAKE!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T!!!!

trangb
1/20/15

I ordered a scarf on this website on December 31, 2014. I thought it was weird how I didn't receive it yet since it's almost been a month. Turns out, my order was "cancelled" but I never went on the website until today. Even though it was marked as "cancelled", my card was still charged. I want my refund.

michaelt72
1/17/15

I hate this site. They *** me twice. On the coat above I ordered it in November and held it until Christmas and it was way too small even though it was labeled XL. These guys couldn'that help me. Then I ordered some other things from the site and payed extra money to have expedited shipping so we could get it before Christmas. Well expedited shipping doesn't mean expedited PROCESSING so we got it in January. That's **. My next move is to contact Better Business I'll probably find out that they have had many complaints and are rated an "F". They probably won't print this because of the unfavorable review.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it.

denitsap
1/17/15

Good quality, very nice design, not very keen on the fabric

not82
1/16/15

I ordered 3 items of clothing totalling $56.50 including tax and shipping. The site clearly staed for all 3 items that processing would take no more than 24hrs and that my selected shipping would be 3-5 working days.
on completion of the order I saw "my order" had an estimated shipping (not delivery, SHIPPING) date of 10 days from the order date. I immediately cancelled the order but the transaction had gone through.
When i checked my bnk details online i saw that $57.63 had been taken from my account. I consider this THEFT plain and simple. If i authorise an amount to be taken from my accoutn THAT IS ALL I AUTHORISE. Added to this (after raising a "ticket") they are saying they will take upto 21 business days to refund me $56.50....

I have taken the issue up with my bank and they will be taking it further.

Do NOT ORDER from this site.

THere is no customer support and every turn is designed to take you in circles down an automated response system.

They (obvioulsy and ILLEGALLY) overcharge.

If you need anymore warning than that to NEVER USE THIS SITE then you must enjoy juggling running chainsaws and running in traffic blindfolded.

Tip for consumers: Don't under any circumstances

jessicar32
1/4/15

I ordered about ten things from this site, mostly nightwear. I spent about $60. When I received all of it, about 3-4 weeks later, the clothes smelled like chemicals. Nearly every single item had something seriously wrong with it, aside from the chemical smell. They looked like they had been made in a hurry and didn't get finished. Some of it was torn and others were stitched together incorrectly. I sent photos and detailed messages regarding each item and tried really hard to get my money back or return them. I had heard that I might not even get a response or they might be rude but they were actually really polite and responded in a timely manner. They did not want me to return them because they said that it would be really expensive so they offered me a $20 refund and $10 store credit. I argued that I spent a whole lot more than that and did not receive anything in the form it should have been. They said they could only refund me for the damaged items. Which apparently excludes chemical smells, things sewn on backwards, rips, tears and incorrect sizing. They offered me an extra $10 refund in the end that I did not receive. By the end I did not want to deal with it anymore. I was perfectly reasonable and polite but I still got screwed. My store credit expired 20 days later, not enough time to even get over my anger and order again. Also, the sizes listed on the website are way off. They do not know how to convert sizes between countries.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop here. Spend the extra bucks to get quality products in America!

georgeh54
12/30/14

I will not order from Light in the Box Again. Ordered 2 faucets through Light in the Box. First one ordered and then site had no record of the order of my signing up. After 3 weeks, I ordered same faucet again. First faucet showed up 4 weeks after initial order and was defective. Second item took so long that I had to purchase another faucet locally and put aside second one to use at a later date. After trying to use the second one, it is also defective. I am a contractor and can not wait weeks for delivery of defective items.

nicoc1
12/24/14

I am very disappointed! Not only I had to pay 10 euro transport fee, when I finally received the package, I had to pay additionally 35 euro for import taxes. It was also delivered 2 months later than promised.
For a present of 77 euro’s, I had to pay 45 euro’s additional costs.
I’ve paid much more than I would when I bought it in a local shop. There was nothing mentioned about additional import taxes. And I would not have to wait 2 months!!!

Tip for consumers: Never again!

marcb36
12/23/14

Lightinabox.com is an internet based company based out of China that offers wide variety of products similar to other internet based companies like NewEgg.com, Amazon.com, and Tigerdirect.com. Lightinabox.com offers its products at substantially lower prices that offers its customers significant savings. For all of the above reasons you will want to consider using Lightinabox.com for your online shopping needs, However you will also want to seriously consider the following before making that purchase. Lightinabox.com does have many short comings, for example, lightinabox.com may offer a wide variety of products at substantially lower prices than NewEgg.com, Amazon.com, and Tigerdirect.com. However Lightinabox.com clearly does not have the same robust distribution system or partnerships with global shipping companies that operate in the United States, like FEDEX, UPS, DHL, or even the United States Postal Service, as NewEgg.com, Amazon.com, and Tigerdirect.com. Unlike NewEgg.com, Amazon.com, and Tigerdirect.com who tend to have outstanding customer service and support. It is painfully obvious that to customers doing business with Lightinabox.com that customer service and support is practically nonexistent at Lightinabox.com
This is an example from my own personal experience. I placed an order on 13 December 2014 for a Nintendo Wii package consisting of four 2 in 1 motion plus Wii Controllers with four nunchuks, and 4 batteries and a four dock charging station for about $35.99 (USA), I also paid for expedited shipping and insurance of $14.91 (USA). Expedited shipping is between 3 to 5 days according to Lightinabox.com. My order shipped out on 14 December 2014, and as of the date of this review I have not received my order in the Columbus, OHIO area of the USA. I was provided a tracking number and website link to track my package; however this tracking number and website link are useless! The customer service chat feature does not work on the website, and there is no phone number to talk to anyone. Based on the reviews I read, I knew I was taking a risk, and it appears that I will receive this Christmas present in time to have in wrapped and under the Christmas tree this year . I will update this review to reflect when if at all that I receive this order.

Marc
Columbus, OH USA

roshnib
12/21/14

I orderd a top on 13th oct 2014.i still havnt got my order or refund.i checked with them after a month and their reply is the shipment has been lost so we will be refunding your money.its a bogus site which we fall for due to its prices.i recommended not to spend even 1$ in this site just to see if its original.save your money and time.

amyj20
12/18/14

This site will make your life difficult. I made a mistake in my shoe size order, and although they're not being shipped for another week (total of 10 days wait ), I cannot change the size from us 9.5 to us 10. I paid for expedited shipping.
They don't reply to inquiries even though it says they will try to within 24 hours.
Won't use again. Will be extra mad if or when shoes arrive the wrong size.

abdulhadim
12/15/14

hi ,

i have to be honest when i want to write review or comment , so ill try to be clear .
i have daily orders from their website . i only rcvd one item till now ,(they cloths are amazing and great like on the pic on their website .

but the bad thing on their website (just one thing )

they can not do as they promise (all my orders are delayed and they always change my delivery date )

DO NOT TELL ME GO TO MY ORDER AND CLICK ON ASK ....DUTIES . I DID AND I OPENED THE TICKET BUT NO REPLY AND IF REPLY THEY DIDNT DO AS THEY PROMISED .

SO PLEASE I WANT TO CONTACT SOME ONE CAN ALWAYS HELP AND SUPPORT ME BACK .

THANKS

Tip for consumers: THIS WEBSITE (PRICES ARE AMAZING BUT THE SHIPPING IS NOT GOOD WITH THEM , THEY ALWAYS CHANGE THE DELIVERY DATE.

rachaelb5
12/11/14

Awesome

jacqiet
12/9/14

Absolutely the worst customer service experience I've ever received. I have never had it take OVER a month to get a refund for anything! Not being able to actually speak to a live person is ridiculous. The response time is not acceptable by any means. Will never use this site again. So utterly disappointed. DO NOT USE!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE!

christys7
12/8/14

Excellent!!

nickir1
12/7/14

A pleasure to do business with. Great prices and great selection.

marial54
12/6/14

Flat out....DONT ORDER!! Please take me serious! This place is a joke. Order time are absolutely ridiculous! If I would've know it was going to take months for my sweater to get here, I would've just went to the mall to find something similar. Plus, realize you have to also pay for "customs" fees. It's BS that they don't tell you that when you order! What a JOKE!!

Tip for consumers: Go ANYWHERE! ANYWHERE BUT HERE!

deboraho3
12/4/14

I guess this will be my last time of ordering from here. the bra I ordered was totally a waste of money, not the same size written on it. I ordered cup b which should be a perfect fit, but I bet the bra cant even fit a baby. So small.

Was charged extra 30dollars when product arrived, after paying for tax and goods included in this website.
Such a bad experience, would not recommend at all..

anonymp
12/3/14

I ordered some time ago a few things and it said the other day that everything was sent. When I checked the tracking number so went the package can not be traced, called UPS and they had not received reached more than the electronic shipment. Now I sit here and have paid, tried to contact LightInTheBox several days but get no response.

This is absolutely the worst company I have had to do, I only raise a note of caution. Beware,

Tip for consumers: Be careful

bakhitaa
12/2/14

Nice site really I try many shopping site but I don't find like the services and the quality is perfect also they have quick shipping free

haralds

Terrible service !
The confirmed shipping date to be the 29. November, and yes, it's marked as sent under "My Orders", but UPS (the shipping company) confirms that only the shipping label was created that date, and they have not received any package for shipment. So it seems that this company are trying to scam customers with wrong delivery dates, and on the top of that, they never answer mail after orders are placed & payed. So stay away from this company !
UPDATE 03.12.2014
I received following mail from LightInTheBox:
Dear customer,
First of all thank you very much for your confidence and interest in Light in the Box.
We regret the delay, some products have been subject to customs verification in our store, please a little patience, your order will be shipped in about 7-10 days more, do not worry reimbursement for the cost of fast shipping Once you receive your order.
Please if you need any further information, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you.
We await your prompt response, we send a cordial greeting.
Best regards,
Rivera
My comment:
Why have they marking it as shipped the 29. November ? And why haven't they told me about this delay before I am asking. And lastly, why try to cover it up by wrongly marking it as shipped ?

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company, that is the only way to make them give better service. They will not listen to complaints, and if you read the other negative reviews, you will also see that the answers from this company are almost identical, and they are excusing in the start of the sentence, but ends in complaining about the customer or the customers way of handle the orders, typical Chinese, can never take critic.

dineshs5
12/2/14

I ordered two set of prodcuts, 1 from Light in the box (Order no. 1411121810017909) and another “mini in the box” (order no. 1411121715706062)– both seems to be the same owner but different names, for what ever reasons. I bought some lingerie for my wife, as they were really cheap : 5-10 CHF per piece. I also ordered some over coat. In both the orders it was below 50 CHF, so I paid around 30 CHF extra in each order to avail the expedite/express delivery. It took 2 weeks but both orders arrived. The lingerie were of substandard, cheap piece of junk..I don't think they will last even one wash ! My wife may not wear them even once… The over coat was good looking in pics but of very thin material..you should wear it in summer not in winter..:-). Never mind I was just trying my luck. But the shock was awaiting for me. after 3 days I got a bill from DHL. Custom fees of 35 CHF per package. So basically, my puchase of around 50 CHF , i had pay 30 CHF for express delivery and 35 CHF for custom fees. While ordering you do not find a notification that you may have to pay custom fees. Only when they have dispatched the proecut and send you a mail, they talk about custom fees. So what i “bought ” for 50 HCF , I had to pay 115 CHF. I can get much superior quality product here in Switzerland and may be cheaper if I ordered from the swiss online stores or buy here. stay away from it, if you are ordering form Europe or USA. The good reviews are all self promoted ! So light in the box is actually “pain in the Ass” !!

Tip for consumers: If you are ordering from Europe / USA get ready to pay in custom fees of at least 30 Euro, even if the product cost only around 10 euro. dont get fooled by good reviews, they are all "planted" by the owners...

amirp10

fastest deliver

bonip
11/30/14

fantastic quality products, arrived on time, very well priced, will use them again

hassana14
11/30/14

Most of the products I bought made by a high quality materials. The shipping is fast for 89$ and above orders. There's only one problem which is the processing time. It takes long time to prepare the order between 8 to 15 days.

rebeccap25
11/29/14

I'm more or less always happy with the products I resive and the quality is good. The prices and service are great. And the products arrive in time.

taimik
11/28/14

Because , there are meny thing and staf very small prices and free transport and very good girls who makeng the orders.

tiffanyr8
11/26/14

me encanta el formato de su pagina, ademas que los precios son regularmente bastante economicos. Lo unico que no me encanta, es que hay muchos productos que son excesivamente caros. Cuando los encuentras en paginas como Ebay o Amazon, el producto facilmente puede estar 25 o 40 dolares mas economico. La mayor parte del tiempo ocurre con productos que dicen estar a 80% de descuento costandote $20.00 y que el precio regular es $100.00 lo cual es verdaderamente ridiculo y absurdo cuando se trata de una camisa que en ebay la encontramos a $8.00 como mucho. Aunque me he encontrado con cosas como estas, tambien es cierto que he comprado productos tan economicos como $0.59 y de muy buena calidad y trajes de $2.99 que me han quedado de maravilla. El shipping puede demorarse hasta 4 semanas pero es gratis. Su servicio al cliente siempre me ha respondido con prontitud asi q le doy 4 estrellas.

thuyn3
11/26/14

Great price. Beautiful products. Free shipping. I'm happy.

lilianal
11/26/14

Produto de ótima qualidade, prazo de entrega muito bom, por ser no Brasil esperava uma espera maior. Recomendo!

enriquev3
11/26/14

Good experience!!!Fast shipping, great customer service!!!
Everything that I have purchased has a good quality.

traceya6
11/26/14

iam totally not happy with the customer service made an order 3 weeks back and some days.up to now have not received my dress and no communications at all am now wondering wether i was scamed or my dress is still on the way

Tip for consumers: have i been scammed

cmrr
11/25/14

I ordered my wedding dress, flower girl, and brides maid dresses from Light in the Box. I had never ordered from them before, and new that I might be taking a risk, but there were so many (hundreds) of GREAT reviews, I felt the risk was minimal. I have to say I and my brides maids were more than impressed. Every dress was as exquisite as the pictures, they fit very well; only minimal tailoring on two of 5 dresses, and the quality was better than expected for the price I paid. Light in the Box does what they say they will do, and exceed expectations!

elenad9
11/25/14

very nice!!! the product was like the photo while ordering! my child love those shoes! very comfortable! thank you

andrewc72
11/25/14

Great socks. Cheap and very stylish, thanks a lot !

richmondy1
11/25/14

I bought a belt from Light in the Box and received it a couple of weeks ago. I am very satisfied with the purchase. In fact, it is an excellent belt made of very high quality leather. Its my first choice among all the belts I have. Value for money

andreh5
11/24/14

sdeda

vassilisd
11/24/14

Great Communication, good prizes

melbam1
11/23/14

I have ordered like 6 times from this site and is secure. Customer service is great, they respond as soon as possible. I would recomend this site to everyone. THE only thing is that you have to consider the possible taxes charges that apply on your country.

faye150
11/23/14

Light In The Box is excellent - can always buy with confidence of product quality and customer service.

rebeccaf11
11/23/14

so much great stuff, we got lots :) very cool, my daughters loves it!!! we love light in the box <3

elenab8
11/22/14

I love this website. Good quality products, excellent prices and huge variety of everything. Fast shipping.

jonnyd4
11/22/14

good time delivery and supper good packing
very good quality items.

alexandref10
11/22/14

foi muito bem atendido, soluções rápidas, resposta rápida.

ianm62
11/22/14

absolutely the item I wanted. Easy to assemble, looks brilliant on my wall.

florentinar1
11/21/14

I am an old buyer of this site, i never had problems, what i ordered, that s what i got. I ll always buy from Lighting The Box. Thank You all for everything you do the way you do.

emmar29
11/21/14

they were fast in shipping and any problems that arose they dealt with quickly and easily. will defiantly shop with them again

susana55
11/21/14

was not happy with the delivery time
but overall i am satisfied with the service of light in the box

mp52
11/21/14

great price, excellent item. shipping takes a while but customer service is good

denisej6
11/21/14

Great company and products. Love the necklace and all jewelry! Great for myself and for my friends and family for Christmas.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: i bought a g9220 dual sim cellphone and i only have one sim card how can i make this phone work with one sim card without it saying emergency on the screen?
8/2/12
amyq
A: Where can I find a legitimate phone number to contact Lightinthebox.com. I ordered some heels to wear for my wedding and there is NO RECORD of this order on the Lighinthebox website when I use the tracking number. The money has already been removed from my account and I NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO CONTACT THIS COMPANY ASAP! This is not making me happy, Where in the HELL are my heels that have been paid for!!!???????????????

I can be contacted at
Amyquedens@gmail.com

or 530-514-5283

I need to be contacted immediately, or this is going to Better Business Bureau.

Amy Quedens
5/4/11
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

24 Coupons for LightInTheBox

Expires: January 31, 2015
Get Deal
85.00 OFF
Expires: January 31, 2015
Get Deal
No coupon code needed
Shop now at LightInTheBox to save!
Go to LightInTheBox