US Government's NSF

LightInTheBox reviews

87%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

enriquev3

Good experience!!!Fast shipping, great customer service!!! (in 154 reviews)

cmrr

I ordered my wedding dress, flower girl, and brides maid dresses from Light in the Box. (in 31 reviews)

bonip

fantastic quality products, arrived on time, very well priced, will use them again (in 20 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

georgeh62
3/30/15

Customer service is taking the mick, Ordered couple of cables (usb to 3.5mm) on the 18feb - in stock delivery at the time of purchase up to a week, a week later changed to 20 days, still waiting for the goods... Customer service declared the "Ticket" to be "Resolved" - still no money nor any interest from Litb...

Tip for consumers: Don't

miguels24
3/25/15

I did an order on 22th. Shipping time frame was 3-5 business days since I paid 21,14€ for Express Delivery and they now say on My Order page:
Received Payment - All Shipped Pending Processing - Estimated shipping date April 01, 2015, which they are 10 days just to send it and then, I guess, another 3-5 business days as they say or maybe more.
I have tried to get a ticket to get in touch with Customer Service but I can't see any link or email or whatever.
This is the only thing I got: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html ; and it is useless because I have read several times what the page says but as I told before there is nothing on there to get a ticket or email to contact them.
I just wanted to ask a couple of things but it is impossible!

moniquer4
3/23/15

I ordered my wedding shoes and jewelry from them, not knowing they were overseas. Had I known that I would not have placed the order. And the agent that I "text" with had very good English grammar so there was no give away that they were overseas. I didn't know that until I read reviews on their site about people who liked their product, but weren't told about the custom fees. Fees? What fees? I wasn't told about this by the agent! I was furious. I chatted with another agent and was told they couldn't tell me if there would be fees or not. I was nervous. I was worried that a $40 order was about to turn into a $100+ order. But I was stuck. Because while they had the same shoes on Ebay it was clear they were in China so there was no point in placing an order there...so I just waited.

I got my order within a month of ordering it and low and behold, I didn't have any custom fees, but then there was the product. I cringed while opening the box and...WOW!! Everything looked good. The shoes were nice and the jewelry was beautiful.

So why 3 stars? For deception and lack of honesty. While I got my product they lied to me and also took an additional amount (only about $2, but none the less they took it) from my credit card. I cancelled that card immediately and got a new one. I didn't like worrying about customs. They know if there will be custom fees and don't tell. I wouldn't order from them again because of that reason and because I've seen way too many poor reviews on places on other than their website, which leads me to believe the website is in house because NO one gets 5 stars across the board on every product that they sell.

saharf
3/16/15

i bought too many things from light in the box
they are amazing and have the best customer service, if any thing is defective or you are not satisfy with the product they have solution ,also the flash sale page they have huge discount
many thanks for light in the box

sheilac8
3/16/15

LightIn the Box is quick to send advertising emails after receiving your order but incredibly slow to send the actual ordered goods. i ordered a couple of weeks ago and am still waiting. I can't contact customer service because the new password they sent me doesn't work. Now I'm wondering if the site's a scam.

thomasp40
3/16/15

everything was just what it was supposed to e

naivig
3/11/15

EL PRENTE MENSAJE ES PARA NOTIFICARLES SOBRE EL PEDIDO NUMERO 1501251711344043 DE UN MONTO DE MXN $ 6,170.64QUE REALIZE CON USTEDES Light in the Box EN ENERO
EL CUAL ESTUBE SIGUIENDO EN DHL USTEDES ME HICIERON LLEGAR UNA NOTIFICACION QUE ME PUSIERA EN CONTACTO CON DHL , ELLOS ME DIJERON QUE ENVIARA EL COMPROBANTE DEL PEDIDO Y TODOS LOS ARTICULOS COMPRADOS ASI COMO UNA CARTA QUE ESPECIFICARA EL USO DE LOS MISMOS PARA SU LIBERACION EN ADUANA, QUE LO ENVIARA A LA SEÑORITA STEPHANIE HERNANDEZ Y QUE TENIA COMO MAXIMO HASTA EL 23 DE FEBRERO .DICHOS DOCUMENTOS LOS ENVIE EL 16 DE FEBRERO Y ME DIJERON QUE ELLOS ME MANDARIAN UN CORREO PARA SEGUIR CON EL PROCESO LO CUAL NO SUCEDIÓ, EL 23 HABLE A DHL PARA PREGUNTAR Y ME DICEN QUE YA ESTABA CANCELADO Y QUE IBA A RETORNAR A CHINA,PARA LO CUAL LES PEDI UNA EXPLICACION PUESTO QUE YO HABIA MANDADO A TIEMPO LOS REQUISITOS QUE PEDIAN, ME DIJERON QUE IBAN A SER LO POSIBLE POR RETENERLO QUE VOLVIERA A MANDAR LA MISMA DOCUMENTACION Y A LA MISMA SEÑORITA EN ESE INSTANTE LO CUAL HICE , ESTUVE HABLANDO A DHL PARA SABER SI LLEGO EL MENSAJE ME DIJERON QUE SI PERO QUE ESPERARA HASTA LAS 5:15 DE LA TARDE PARA SABER Y QUE VOLVIERA A HABLAR , VOLVI A LLAMAR Y ME DIJERON QUE NO SE PUDO HACER NADA Y ME COMUNICARON A ADUANA CON STEPHANIE HERNANDEZ A LA CUAL LE DIJE QUE ELLA ERA LA RESPONSABLE DE QUE EL PAQUETE SE HUBIERA REGRESADO PORQUE YO LE HABIA MANDADO LA DOCUMENTACION A TIEMPO Y QUE ELLA NUNCA SE COMUNICO CONMIGO PARA LO CUAL ME DIO LA SIGUIENTE EXPLICACION: “ SRA. LO QUE PASA ES QUE SON MUCHAS PRENDAS Y NO SE PUEDEN SACAR TODAS EN UN SOLO BULTO Y ESTOS DIAS DEL 16 AL 23 ESTUBE HABLANDO CON LOS DIRECTIVOS PARA SU LIBERACION Y SE FUERON LOS DIAS Y NO SE PUDO, PERO VOY A PEDIR SU REGRESO HOY MISMO EN EL MISMO ENVIO A CHINA VOY A ENVIAR LA DOCUMENTACION PARA QUE LOS REGRESEN Y VOY A ESTAR MUY AL PENDIENTE DE ESTE CASO ENTIENDO SU MOLESTIA PERO ESTUVO FUERA DE NUETRO ALCANCE Y CUANDO LO REGRESEN LO VAMOS A PEDIR QUE LO DVIDAN EN DOS BULTOS” POR FAVOR QUE EXPLICACION TAN ILOGICA, LA CANTIDAD NO TIENE NADA QUE VER AL MENOS QUE ESTE EQUIVOCADA.
PARA ESTO HOY ME HABLAN DE DHL Y ME INFORMAN QUE DHL CHINA NO PUDE REGRESAR EL PAQUETE QUE SOLO SI USTEDES Light in the Box SE LO PIDEN LO PUDE HACER QUE YO LES MANDARA UN MENSAJE, QUE ELLOS YA LO HICIERON (LO DUDO).
ES POR ESTO QUE LES PIDO DE LA MANERA MAS ATENTA VEAN LA MANERA DE QUE MI PEDIDO SEA DEVUELTO A MEXICO, QUE SE LO PIDAN A DHL CHINA PUESTO QUE YA LES INFORME LA PROBLEMÁTICA Y QUE YO SOY LA AFECTADA, Y EN EL CASO DE DE QUE NO PUEDA SER DEVUELTO QUE ME DEN EL IMPORQUE QUE PAGUE YA QUE NO RECIBI EL PRODUCTO.

LES ENVIO EL NUEVO NÚM. DE GUIA QUE ME PROPORCIONARON DE DHL MEXICO CON EL QUE SE REGRESO A CHINA ESO ES LO QUE ME DIJERON: 4450904776 Y EL NUMERO DE REPORTE ES 286834064
PORFAVOR AYUDENME O MANDENME UN CORREO O NUMERO TELEFONICO AL QUE YO ME PUEDA DIRIGIR POR QUE EN LA PAGINA de Light in the Box NO ENCUENTRO COMO PARA ESTE PROBLEMA
ESPERO QUE SU RESPUESTA SEA FAVORABLE, GRACIAS,

NAIVI GUTIERREZ HUERTA

maryb161
3/11/15

I ordered 3 items on January 27th, product was shipped on January 31st supposedly. Shipping time frame was 6-8 business days. Never received shipment as of today, March 11. First contact with company and they said, tracking shows it's in NY. At that time it had already been past the 6-8 business days. They told me they would resend and refund cost of shipping. Next contact, they can't do anything for me as product shows it's been delivered. I STILL DON'T HAVE THE PRODUCT. If nothing else they should refund the shipping costs. I would never buy from this company again.

Tip for consumers: If you are really going to buy from this company, I would not do it unless you use a shipping method that requires signature.

tomh109
3/10/15

Hello
What a tedious and long wait for answer - something like Waiting For Godot – after LightInTheBox has closed down my ticket(s) and no possibility for costumer to contact for explanation.
Anyway, with the intention to save some $$$ buying items from LITB, I did make several purchases with the Asia based company LightInThebBox during Black Friday 2014 (including Cyber Monday) and used [to no avail!] some coupons to pay less money prior to checking out and placing the order in the basket.The items bought were of quite good quality for the announced Internet price but the quality in sewing and choice of fabrics is way below poor standard @ the selling price that LITB demands. I am fully aware that when buying clothes over the Internet without even having the possibility to try on the garment(s) for correct sizing puts the buyer at risk of getting the wrong product(s), but the worst is that LITB has measurements for small 5 year old children in their measurement table pertaining to the description of the clothes your placing an order on - instead of the correct size for adults! Also I had the bad luck of receiving all clothes drenched in some suspicious chemical substance (maybe hazardous) that smells terribly awful, causing the blocking of airways and making it impossible to breathe as this activates my asthma.[LightInTheBox has received my written complaint about this and replied me that they are sorry for the inconvenience; but I doubt that the company bothers as it seems that making money on costumers is the prime function of this business]. Furthermore LightInTheBox has very unclear information on additional costs that will be added to the paid price when shipment has left China and must be paid at delivery (even though I chose not to use postal services that costs a lot more for delivering the small parcel at my door) in my country.It is also important to note that this does not include the customs, clearing, postage, handling, fees, insurance, … which at the end makes the entire purchase far more expensive than buying branded high quality goods with warranties over the counter in a store.
I’m not the person who is angry but this experience is not too good as only one part of my return has been received back for refund whereas the other parcel (in the same size and weight) that was sent (also in the same manner as the first smaller parcel) back has not yet arrived at its* differing destination in the UK.The answer LITB sent me is that the items – 2 parcels?- is received; I did send pictures of respective parcel prior to sending the shipment away.
Four months have passed, money has been paid, items received but service in warranties for returning the clothes for refund is up till now non-existent.I’m beginning to feel unsure of this whole business as no clear answer has been given to me because of the impossibility to reopen any of the tickets that LightInTheBox has closed.
Maybe LightInTheBox wants to have non-returning costumers as their service is totally lame due to inadequate information proclaiming that all costumers get 100% service if some problem occurs with any the purchase from LITB?
Important to add is the fact that LightInTheBox have miscalculated the amount of our agreed cost that is to be transferred back to my bank account; prior to paying all the items for shipment I took a copy of the order that later was placed, as a warranty.
In this situation I do not know what to do and indefinitely waiting for answer that most probably does not correspond to the mutual agreement between content and happy costumer and the company LightInTheBox will - then - definitely not be my cup of tea.

Tip for consumers: Watch out for additional costs on any purchased goods if your delivery adress for shipping is outside China; most likely you'll have to pay additional customs along with extra charges.
Communication with LITB is impossible.

mahipaly
3/7/15

Order No: 1502280211941465
Oder Date: 28 Feb 2015
Order Value: $ 348.17
First item was shipped using DHL(waybill no:9660363790). Shipment never left China and was returned to origin within 3 days.
Then it was again shippend via Express Mail Service China(EMS Tracking No: EA051412558CN).
Status has not changed since 4 March 2015. I think yhis website is fraud. I dont know if I will get the items for which I have alreadty paid $ 348.17.

Tip for consumers: This website is a fraud. Dont buy anything from this website.

peterr49
3/1/15

Long story short, brought an in car dvd entertainment system $400 it lasted 3 months and the sound has dropped on the left channel, have sent countless emails but no answer. Total crap for the money that I spent!

Peter Russi Brisbane Australia

Tip for consumers: Just hope it breaks down before the paypal claim process time limit expires

alexanderb45
2/28/15

Did not get my money back for the cancelled order.
Seems there is a robot in helpdesk, no way to resolve the issue after 1.5 months of disputing. Sad.

meganl18
2/25/15

I ordered back in DECEMBER 3 items (It is now almost March). I hadn't received them over a month later, so I decided to contact them. They told me they were sorry and resent the items to me. It has now been an additional month and I still hadn't received the package. They sent it to the United Arabs rather than United States. They stated that that was the address I had given, needless to say I know I didn't. Miraculously even though I shipped to my billing address, they still received their money. How was my bill charged if I didn't give the proper information? And how did they not receive these items stating that it was an invalid address before the fact? None of which makes sense. It should have been declined in the payment route.

Now they are telling me I have to reorder the items that are more expensive now, and wait for my refund until they get the products back. Awful customer service tactic. I haven't received my items in over two months, they were sent to the wrong place, and now you are telling me I have to reorder for a higher price and wait for a refund?? That has got to be a joke.

enricob1
2/24/15

I ordered around 170$ of goods from lightinthebox.com. An i payd with my card.
I received a mail asking me to send them a picture of the credit card (with numbers and expiration date covered) and a copy of my documents and i replied.
After this i received an e-mail "your order has been canceled. You will receive back your money a.s.a.p." I am ever waiting.
No way to contact customer service: order is closed, so no tickets, e-mail doesnt work and phone number is busy.

UPDATED:
Money received back after around a week. Without any message and information from their side. At least, problem closed.

Tip for consumers: buy from ebay, and possibly from europe. You don't risk this kind of problems.

jayw31
2/20/15

I was about to place a huge order for my store, when I decided to look up the reviews since I could not find a phone number. Boy am I glad I did, I did not place that order, these company from other counties are not any good. Don't order from them. There are many negative reviews.

katherineg6
2/16/15

I love that they give me store credit but some of their products are worse quality than what you get at the dollar tree. it doesn't matter how cheap it is if it breaks or falls apart a few days or hours after you et it

mariea24
2/13/15

I ordered wedding invitations on the 31st January - on the website it states it will be delivered in 8 days and has already been shipped - it has now been 2 weeks and I still haven't received them also the tracking number is incorrect. I have contacted the courier and they could not locate the tracking number either

crystalw14
2/11/15

I ordered my wedding dress on January 20th. It was set to ship on February 7th and it did just that! My dress reached the United States in one day I received my dress via DHL without any extra fee's or problems on January 9th. My dress is GORGEOUS, it looks wayyy better in person than on the website. The only advice I would give to a bride placing an order with light in the box is to have your correct measurements and go up two sizes. I was measured at a size 14 in a local bridal shop but I decided to order my dress two sizes bigger which would be a size 16 and it fits just right! I am one happy Bride!

shellie11
2/4/15

Scam. Picture of the dress I ordered was definitely NOT the dress they shipped to me. It was similar, but a poor quality reproduction (knock off). The dress is meant for a flower girl-for a wedding. Very poor quality and using a picture of a better quality dress with no intention of actually providing the dress pictured is deceptive and unfair business practice.If the actual picture of the actual dress was what I was looking at while shopping I would have never chose to order it. I did however receive the order in a timely manner.

UPDATE: This is their reply. Had they provided picture of the actual dress they sold I never would have chose to order it!! I don't care if it looks similar and they believe the quality compares. It is fraud. It is not the same dress! The material is very cheap and the dress looks like the cheap dress-up dresses you buy in the toy section at Wal-mart. I would not put this on my child for church and absolutely not for a wedding. They should not be allowed to operate in this way.

"We are sorry, but after viewing the provided photos, we are unable to see any quality issues with the items you have received. But please do not worry as your return is still accepted.

Please make sure the return item is in brand-new condition, unused and with original tags and packaging.

We have cooperation with US UPS service and can provide you a pre-paid UPS return label. You don't need to pay to UPS while the return shipping fee $6.40 will be deducted from the refund."

ca10278
1/27/15

Ordered a ceiling light fixture from them. Same shipping issues as others - took weeks to arrive and then had to pay duties/taxes and brokerage fees. Once it finally arrived it was exactly the look I wanted. HOWEVER, the lamp is impossible to install, therefore, completely useless. Not compatible with, nor approved for any north american type standards for both installation and safety. Unsuitable/incompatible housing and dangerous wiring. Illegal, unsafe and no electrician can or will install. So many products sold in North America are made in China and are approved, therefore, acceptable for use here. This company obviously doesn't bother with any of that!

Tip for consumers: Not worth the hassle and an unusable product. Waisted money!

trouscien
1/20/15

POOR POOR POOR SHIPMENT SERVICE!!!! BEEN MORE THAN A MONTH SINCE ITEMS WERE SHIPPED AS STATED ON MY ORDER AND STILL I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANY OF MY ORDERS WITH NO HELP WHATSOEVER BUT A TEMPLATE RESPONSE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE.BIG BIG MISTAKE!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T!!!!

trangb
1/20/15

I ordered a scarf on this website on December 31, 2014. I thought it was weird how I didn't receive it yet since it's almost been a month. Turns out, my order was "cancelled" but I never went on the website until today. Even though it was marked as "cancelled", my card was still charged. I want my refund.

michaelt72
1/17/15

I hate this site. They *** me twice. On the coat above I ordered it in November and held it until Christmas and it was way too small even though it was labeled XL. These guys couldn'that help me. Then I ordered some other things from the site and payed extra money to have expedited shipping so we could get it before Christmas. Well expedited shipping doesn't mean expedited PROCESSING so we got it in January. That's **. My next move is to contact Better Business I'll probably find out that they have had many complaints and are rated an "F". They probably won't print this because of the unfavorable review.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it.

denitsap
1/17/15

Good quality, very nice design, not very keen on the fabric

not82
1/16/15

I ordered 3 items of clothing totalling $56.50 including tax and shipping. The site clearly staed for all 3 items that processing would take no more than 24hrs and that my selected shipping would be 3-5 working days.
on completion of the order I saw "my order" had an estimated shipping (not delivery, SHIPPING) date of 10 days from the order date. I immediately cancelled the order but the transaction had gone through.
When i checked my bnk details online i saw that $57.63 had been taken from my account. I consider this THEFT plain and simple. If i authorise an amount to be taken from my accoutn THAT IS ALL I AUTHORISE. Added to this (after raising a "ticket") they are saying they will take upto 21 business days to refund me $56.50....

I have taken the issue up with my bank and they will be taking it further.

Do NOT ORDER from this site.

THere is no customer support and every turn is designed to take you in circles down an automated response system.

They (obvioulsy and ILLEGALLY) overcharge.

If you need anymore warning than that to NEVER USE THIS SITE then you must enjoy juggling running chainsaws and running in traffic blindfolded.

Tip for consumers: Don't under any circumstances

jessicar32
1/4/15

I ordered about ten things from this site, mostly nightwear. I spent about $60. When I received all of it, about 3-4 weeks later, the clothes smelled like chemicals. Nearly every single item had something seriously wrong with it, aside from the chemical smell. They looked like they had been made in a hurry and didn't get finished. Some of it was torn and others were stitched together incorrectly. I sent photos and detailed messages regarding each item and tried really hard to get my money back or return them. I had heard that I might not even get a response or they might be rude but they were actually really polite and responded in a timely manner. They did not want me to return them because they said that it would be really expensive so they offered me a $20 refund and $10 store credit. I argued that I spent a whole lot more than that and did not receive anything in the form it should have been. They said they could only refund me for the damaged items. Which apparently excludes chemical smells, things sewn on backwards, rips, tears and incorrect sizing. They offered me an extra $10 refund in the end that I did not receive. By the end I did not want to deal with it anymore. I was perfectly reasonable and polite but I still got screwed. My store credit expired 20 days later, not enough time to even get over my anger and order again. Also, the sizes listed on the website are way off. They do not know how to convert sizes between countries.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop here. Spend the extra bucks to get quality products in America!

georgeh54
12/30/14

I will not order from Light in the Box Again. Ordered 2 faucets through Light in the Box. First one ordered and then site had no record of the order of my signing up. After 3 weeks, I ordered same faucet again. First faucet showed up 4 weeks after initial order and was defective. Second item took so long that I had to purchase another faucet locally and put aside second one to use at a later date. After trying to use the second one, it is also defective. I am a contractor and can not wait weeks for delivery of defective items.

nicoc1
12/24/14

I am very disappointed! Not only I had to pay 10 euro transport fee, when I finally received the package, I had to pay additionally 35 euro for import taxes. It was also delivered 2 months later than promised.
For a present of 77 euro’s, I had to pay 45 euro’s additional costs.
I’ve paid much more than I would when I bought it in a local shop. There was nothing mentioned about additional import taxes. And I would not have to wait 2 months!!!

Tip for consumers: Never again!

marcb36
12/23/14

Lightinabox.com is an internet based company based out of China that offers wide variety of products similar to other internet based companies like NewEgg.com, Amazon.com, and Tigerdirect.com. Lightinabox.com offers its products at substantially lower prices that offers its customers significant savings. For all of the above reasons you will want to consider using Lightinabox.com for your online shopping needs, However you will also want to seriously consider the following before making that purchase. Lightinabox.com does have many short comings, for example, lightinabox.com may offer a wide variety of products at substantially lower prices than NewEgg.com, Amazon.com, and Tigerdirect.com. However Lightinabox.com clearly does not have the same robust distribution system or partnerships with global shipping companies that operate in the United States, like FEDEX, UPS, DHL, or even the United States Postal Service, as NewEgg.com, Amazon.com, and Tigerdirect.com. Unlike NewEgg.com, Amazon.com, and Tigerdirect.com who tend to have outstanding customer service and support. It is painfully obvious that to customers doing business with Lightinabox.com that customer service and support is practically nonexistent at Lightinabox.com
This is an example from my own personal experience. I placed an order on 13 December 2014 for a Nintendo Wii package consisting of four 2 in 1 motion plus Wii Controllers with four nunchuks, and 4 batteries and a four dock charging station for about $35.99 (USA), I also paid for expedited shipping and insurance of $14.91 (USA). Expedited shipping is between 3 to 5 days according to Lightinabox.com. My order shipped out on 14 December 2014, and as of the date of this review I have not received my order in the Columbus, OHIO area of the USA. I was provided a tracking number and website link to track my package; however this tracking number and website link are useless! The customer service chat feature does not work on the website, and there is no phone number to talk to anyone. Based on the reviews I read, I knew I was taking a risk, and it appears that I will receive this Christmas present in time to have in wrapped and under the Christmas tree this year . I will update this review to reflect when if at all that I receive this order.

Marc
Columbus, OH USA

roshnib
12/21/14

I orderd a top on 13th oct 2014.i still havnt got my order or refund.i checked with them after a month and their reply is the shipment has been lost so we will be refunding your money.its a bogus site which we fall for due to its prices.i recommended not to spend even 1$ in this site just to see if its original.save your money and time.

amyj20
12/18/14

This site will make your life difficult. I made a mistake in my shoe size order, and although they're not being shipped for another week (total of 10 days wait ), I cannot change the size from us 9.5 to us 10. I paid for expedited shipping.
They don't reply to inquiries even though it says they will try to within 24 hours.
Won't use again. Will be extra mad if or when shoes arrive the wrong size.

abdulhadim
12/15/14

hi ,

i have to be honest when i want to write review or comment , so ill try to be clear .
i have daily orders from their website . i only rcvd one item till now ,(they cloths are amazing and great like on the pic on their website .

but the bad thing on their website (just one thing )

they can not do as they promise (all my orders are delayed and they always change my delivery date )

DO NOT TELL ME GO TO MY ORDER AND CLICK ON ASK ....DUTIES . I DID AND I OPENED THE TICKET BUT NO REPLY AND IF REPLY THEY DIDNT DO AS THEY PROMISED .

SO PLEASE I WANT TO CONTACT SOME ONE CAN ALWAYS HELP AND SUPPORT ME BACK .

THANKS

Tip for consumers: THIS WEBSITE (PRICES ARE AMAZING BUT THE SHIPPING IS NOT GOOD WITH THEM , THEY ALWAYS CHANGE THE DELIVERY DATE.

rachaelb5
12/11/14

Awesome

jacqiet
12/9/14

Absolutely the worst customer service experience I've ever received. I have never had it take OVER a month to get a refund for anything! Not being able to actually speak to a live person is ridiculous. The response time is not acceptable by any means. Will never use this site again. So utterly disappointed. DO NOT USE!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE!

christys7
12/8/14

Excellent!!

nickir1
12/7/14

A pleasure to do business with. Great prices and great selection.

marial54
12/6/14

Flat out....DONT ORDER!! Please take me serious! This place is a joke. Order time are absolutely ridiculous! If I would've know it was going to take months for my sweater to get here, I would've just went to the mall to find something similar. Plus, realize you have to also pay for "customs" fees. It's BS that they don't tell you that when you order! What a JOKE!!

Tip for consumers: Go ANYWHERE! ANYWHERE BUT HERE!

deboraho3
12/4/14

I guess this will be my last time of ordering from here. the bra I ordered was totally a waste of money, not the same size written on it. I ordered cup b which should be a perfect fit, but I bet the bra cant even fit a baby. So small.

Was charged extra 30dollars when product arrived, after paying for tax and goods included in this website.
Such a bad experience, would not recommend at all..

anonymp
12/3/14

I ordered some time ago a few things and it said the other day that everything was sent. When I checked the tracking number so went the package can not be traced, called UPS and they had not received reached more than the electronic shipment. Now I sit here and have paid, tried to contact LightInTheBox several days but get no response.

This is absolutely the worst company I have had to do, I only raise a note of caution. Beware,

Tip for consumers: Be careful

bakhitaa
12/2/14

Nice site really I try many shopping site but I don't find like the services and the quality is perfect also they have quick shipping free

haralds

Terrible service !
The confirmed shipping date to be the 29. November, and yes, it's marked as sent under "My Orders", but UPS (the shipping company) confirms that only the shipping label was created that date, and they have not received any package for shipment. So it seems that this company are trying to scam customers with wrong delivery dates, and on the top of that, they never answer mail after orders are placed & payed. So stay away from this company !
UPDATE 03.12.2014
I received following mail from LightInTheBox:
Dear customer,
First of all thank you very much for your confidence and interest in Light in the Box.
We regret the delay, some products have been subject to customs verification in our store, please a little patience, your order will be shipped in about 7-10 days more, do not worry reimbursement for the cost of fast shipping Once you receive your order.
Please if you need any further information, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you.
We await your prompt response, we send a cordial greeting.
Best regards,
Rivera
My comment:
Why have they marking it as shipped the 29. November ? And why haven't they told me about this delay before I am asking. And lastly, why try to cover it up by wrongly marking it as shipped ?

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company, that is the only way to make them give better service. They will not listen to complaints, and if you read the other negative reviews, you will also see that the answers from this company are almost identical, and they are excusing in the start of the sentence, but ends in complaining about the customer or the customers way of handle the orders, typical Chinese, can never take critic.

dineshs5
12/2/14

I ordered two set of prodcuts, 1 from Light in the box (Order no. 1411121810017909) and another “mini in the box” (order no. 1411121715706062)– both seems to be the same owner but different names, for what ever reasons. I bought some lingerie for my wife, as they were really cheap : 5-10 CHF per piece. I also ordered some over coat. In both the orders it was below 50 CHF, so I paid around 30 CHF extra in each order to avail the expedite/express delivery. It took 2 weeks but both orders arrived. The lingerie were of substandard, cheap piece of junk..I don't think they will last even one wash ! My wife may not wear them even once… The over coat was good looking in pics but of very thin material..you should wear it in summer not in winter..:-). Never mind I was just trying my luck. But the shock was awaiting for me. after 3 days I got a bill from DHL. Custom fees of 35 CHF per package. So basically, my puchase of around 50 CHF , i had pay 30 CHF for express delivery and 35 CHF for custom fees. While ordering you do not find a notification that you may have to pay custom fees. Only when they have dispatched the proecut and send you a mail, they talk about custom fees. So what i “bought ” for 50 HCF , I had to pay 115 CHF. I can get much superior quality product here in Switzerland and may be cheaper if I ordered from the swiss online stores or buy here. stay away from it, if you are ordering form Europe or USA. The good reviews are all self promoted ! So light in the box is actually “pain in the Ass” !!

Tip for consumers: If you are ordering from Europe / USA get ready to pay in custom fees of at least 30 Euro, even if the product cost only around 10 euro. dont get fooled by good reviews, they are all "planted" by the owners...

amirp10

fastest deliver

bonip
11/30/14

hassana14
11/30/14

Most of the products I bought made by a high quality materials. The shipping is fast for 89$ and above orders. There's only one problem which is the processing time. It takes long time to prepare the order between 8 to 15 days.

rebeccap25
11/29/14

I'm more or less always happy with the products I resive and the quality is good. The prices and service are great. And the products arrive in time.

taimik
11/28/14

Because , there are meny thing and staf very small prices and free transport and very good girls who makeng the orders.

tiffanyr8
11/26/14

me encanta el formato de su pagina, ademas que los precios son regularmente bastante economicos. Lo unico que no me encanta, es que hay muchos productos que son excesivamente caros. Cuando los encuentras en paginas como Ebay o Amazon, el producto facilmente puede estar 25 o 40 dolares mas economico. La mayor parte del tiempo ocurre con productos que dicen estar a 80% de descuento costandote $20.00 y que el precio regular es $100.00 lo cual es verdaderamente ridiculo y absurdo cuando se trata de una camisa que en ebay la encontramos a $8.00 como mucho. Aunque me he encontrado con cosas como estas, tambien es cierto que he comprado productos tan economicos como $0.59 y de muy buena calidad y trajes de $2.99 que me han quedado de maravilla. El shipping puede demorarse hasta 4 semanas pero es gratis. Su servicio al cliente siempre me ha respondido con prontitud asi q le doy 4 estrellas.

thuyn3
11/26/14

Great price. Beautiful products. Free shipping. I'm happy.

lilianal
11/26/14

Produto de ótima qualidade, prazo de entrega muito bom, por ser no Brasil esperava uma espera maior. Recomendo!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: i bought a g9220 dual sim cellphone and i only have one sim card how can i make this phone work with one sim card without it saying emergency on the screen?
8/2/12
amyq
A: Where can I find a legitimate phone number to contact Lightinthebox.com. I ordered some heels to wear for my wedding and there is NO RECORD of this order on the Lighinthebox website when I use the tracking number. The money has already been removed from my account and I NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO CONTACT THIS COMPANY ASAP! This is not making me happy, Where in the HELL are my heels that have been paid for!!!???????????????

I can be contacted at
Amyquedens@gmail.com

or 530-514-5283

I need to be contacted immediately, or this is going to Better Business Bureau.

Amy Quedens
5/4/11
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

3 Coupons for LightInTheBox

$5 OFF $50 at LightInTheBox
$10 OFF $100 at LightInTheBox
$20 OFF $200 at LightInTheBox
No coupon code needed
Shop now at LightInTheBox to save!
Go to LightInTheBox