US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lillianc1

While the deals they have can be great ones; they have not been so good with customer service. (in 19 reviews)

pjj1

Placed an order, money taken, tried to order from merchant but could not. (in 25 reviews)

tonym23

I have my credit card trying to get back the money they charged me which was almost $350.00, no luck yet. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

anng29
10/12/14

I purchased an item and was give a 10% discount code to use the same day. I immediately tried to purchase something else with the code and was told it wasn't valid. After reading the other reviews I'm wondering if I will ever get the product I ordered. I'm glad I used American Express to pay for it so I can decline the charge if the item doesn't arrive in a timely manner.

juzzielh
8/19/14

Poor Company..Cant make customer satisfaction! Maybe the people whose managing it are lack of professionality! don't by here. Worst ever deals

Tip for consumers: I do not suggest to buy here! Horrible

tinar17
5/1/14

Would not give them a single star!purchased a voucher for a boiler service with Energi Save cannot get an appointment.I have asked for a refund but kgb have refused to give me one.I have made numerous phone calls,emails/ left messages but nothing!energi serve change their e mail address daily,impossible to contact.I want a refund!Does their CEO look at.reviews such as these? Mr Bryan Conly how do you sleep at night!

kathym35
4/3/14

This company (KGB Deals) is a MAJOR RIP OFF!!!
I bought a 2 pair of leggings that we're suppose to fit and average adult. When I received them eight weeks after I ordered them - they would fit a ten year old. I called KGB - David at KGB told me that I could send them back to the company (in Canada) for a refund. David told me that KGB would credit me for the shipping. KGB gave me the incorrect address for the return shipment to Canada - so the leggings were sent back to me. Now I am out $11.00 for shipping. I called KGB again... Spoke to David and his boss Emily. They gave me the correct address - so once again I shipped them back to Canada. The company received them, but the company never credited my account. My credit card company went after the Canadian company and I finally received a credit on my credit card. I called KGB (19 phone calls - I know that is excessive - but I do not like being screwed over. It's the principle) David and his boss Emily told me that they will not credit me the money for shipping now.....they said it up to the customer to acquire all shipping cost. What great customer service! They lie to you. They don't care about there customers or try to make you happy. I would not even give them even one star. NEVER will I be a customer of theirs again NEVER!!!

lamenl
3/4/14

This is the biggest scam they send you a voucher link you can't access they say they are a UK company bur they are based over seas.

jonl22
2/26/14

Your review will help others learn about this website.
Absolutely CRIMINAL! Do not give them your credit card number. They never said anything about a voucher until after I paid... They said they would give me a refund and they never did...they're overseas. What else do you need to know? If it sounds too good to be true, its probably kgbdeals.
Please do not review if you are affiliated or have a conflict of interest with this website.

brandiw1
2/3/14

Don't waste your time or money!! I ordered something in August 2013 it is now 2014 never received the product or a return phone call. They stole my money. I have sent several emails to try and get a response nothing!! THEY ARE THIEVES!!!

valenciam
1/23/14

First of all it took over 4 weeks to receive my order. Once I received the order, a sweater, it was a piece of crap. Too small, basically a piece of cloth. Only a child could wear it. I tried to return it and receive a refund and I was told I had to deal directly with the vendor. As usual, the vendor tells me the order has been fulfilled and no other communication. I tried several more times and the same response. Since I only spent $30 I have washed my hands of it. However, I warn all consumers to stay away from this site. Too be to be true. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. BE WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nk19
1/20/14

I have tried to order items from KGB but I never get my product. Currently I ordered something November 19th. The product is out of stock now and I never got my 2 items that I ordered. Now I am trying to find out why. This not the first time this has happened and I waited 6 months to try it again. My advice do NOT use this company. GROUPON is so much better!!!

brandig3
1/10/14

I CANT GET ANY HELP!! Did Not receive package and neither KGB deals or the other merchant, dealsdirect, has responded. I cant get any help and will not use them again.

sharons41
1/8/14

November 2013 I ordered some towels from kgb deals at 35 pounds as a xmas present. I,ve still not received the towels. I,ve emailed numerous times but just get an automated response. No contact number on website. These were paid for on ordering. I would advise that no one ever uses this company.

vikkig1
1/8/14

Absolute rubbish. I bought a deal and paid post but it was a no show all you will get from KGB is automated email response after automated email response. Do not use this site

deec16
11/18/13

Well great NOW I find this site. Note to any dal buyer: too late I learned they have NO phone # anywhere on the site, no address. I got the deal, could not redeem voucher despite several attempts to contact vendor. Emailed them for help. Their response? A lot of links to info that had no bearing on what was going on, AND they told me to do what I had already done. But the real kicker was the notice on the email: If you have not been able to work out the issue, you can resend your complaint in 31 days! Further, it took 14 days to get that response.
The rest of my complaint was about the Vendor, Your Star Forever..auto answer on the phone tells you to email, n/r to email, and the chat is never! on. The $12. deal is for a $79 pkg...there isn't one on their website, the highest is like $39. But what is really horrifying, after I put the credit info in for the shipping amount, I discovered that, instead of the "secure" https notation, there is a star, KGB did not seem to think this was important, but I notified my credit card co. that this company may be ..well accessing credit info w/out bothering to honor their deal.

bp16
11/13/13

I purchased a 7" Tablet PC deal from KGB on 9/16/13 which was supposed to be delivered in 3 weeks. I requested an update from KGB on 10/12/13 when I didn't the product. The gave me the run around for over a month and finally told me that their vendor couldn't deliver the goods and gave me a refund even though I had clearly requested them to ship a similar 7'' tablet instead of refunding me the funds. I wanted KGB to stand behind the transaction and provide the product that they had charged me for. This the last time I will buy anything from this website.

khoit
11/6/13

Do not go for the "deals" they advertised. The price is cheap enough to suck you in and then the trouble begins. You then have to go to the merchant web site. There you will have to redeem the voucher number which you got from kgb deals. You then get slap with a higher fees for shipping and handling. There go your savings. When you have problem with your purchase, KGB is so hard to get hold of. And then, they said they will contact you back which you will not hear from them again. They hope by then you forgot about the whole thing

lillianc21
10/9/13

I have been trying to get a replacement for the defective I phone 4 external battery charger that i bought from KGB. I have been charged for the initial shipping and then for the return shipping and despite complaining about the lack of a replacement being sent, all i get is the run around. THIS SITE IS A SCAM

gemia
9/13/13

They have lots of deals but I had 2 bad experiences out of the 3 purchases I made. Kgb deals merchants I am not too fond of. And the pictures are kind of like false advertisement. Cause when you receive what you ordered it's there but it looks a little cheap like it has no durability. Like they are selling the defective products at a disvouny rate.

jenniferm47
8/23/13

Here is the email I wrote to KGB deals:
This deal seems very sketchy to me. I received my goods, and the deal says the size of the compact is 13 inches by 7.5 inches. This made me believe it was a large, full size product. When I received this, it is about 5.25 inches by 3 inches! The label on the back looks completely fake. Not a legitimate Lancôme product at all! For 19.00 plus 4.99 for shipping and handling this seems like a fraud! This isn't the first time I purchased a voucher on KGB Deals and had it turn out to be a fake name brand product which makes me think if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!

This is what they wrote back:
Thank you for your email. We truly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We have received an update from the merchant, that this is genuine and Authentic from Authentic Supplier. Your complaint as per the merchant is not valid. 13 x 7.5 is in cm NOT IN INCH. Here at kgbdeals, it is our goal to provide you with the excellent customer service you deserve. Making sure our members have a great experience with our site and the fabulous deals we offer everyday.

Here is the deal (see for yourself it says " - which means inches): http://www.kgbdeals.com/national/deals/208673/58-off-lancome-makeup-palette

I forwarded the information to the Lancome company and they are investigating in through their security department.

I will never purchase again from KGB deals. If they can't even admit that this is completely false advertising, and they don't vet their vendors, it is a waste of money and expectations.

stephaniet11
8/19/13

I used my voucher nearly 2 months ago and contacted kgb deals CS after I hadn't received anything a few weeks later. It took them nearly 2 weeks to get a response from the merchant who said it had been shipped. So I told them again that I hadn't received anything, another several days later they say the merchant shipped a replacement. That was nearly 3 weeks ago so I emailed them again about 6 days ago and haven't received a response. I tried calling them today and all I got was an automated message saying "our advisors are busy helping other customers, please send us an email".
I can't get my money back through my bank because I used PayPal and PayPal won't give me my money back because the 45-day-period has ended.
I use groupon, wowcher, etc all the time but kgb deals has been my worst experience with any online purchase so far.

brianc51
8/1/13

I am copying the post from my wife's Facebook page regarding our experience. Word to the wise: NO! Do NOT use this site. EVER!

Buyer Beware: Having experienced nothing but positives with both LIVING SOCIAL and GROUPON, I recently made the regrettable mistake of signing up for KGDeals.com. Bad move. First purchase was advertised as an 82% discount on an outdoor LED Solar Lawn Light (see below), which KGB claimed had originally sold for $99.99

Well, turns out that my purchase price of $18 was approximately $17 more than it was worth. Dollar Tree would be embarrassed to sell it. Not only was it a tiny, cheap plastic, piece of junk, but it also didn't even WORK!

Best of all, trying to get a refund or a return authorization from KGB is impossible. Instead, they informed me that the merchant (in GUANGDONG, China! I kid you not.) wants either photos or a video posted on Youtube. So, how exactly does one take a photo of light NOT working??? As for the video, Brian has now promised them that they'll get a video on Youtube. One that KGB is guaranteed not to like.

82% discount on Outdoor LED Solar Lawn Light - kgbdeals
www.kgbdeals.com
Light up your yard with an Outdoor LED Solar Lawn Light in white, red, blue, green or yellow - get one for $18 and save 82% (reg. $99.99).

shirleye5
5/6/13

Glad I took time to check KGB out and now will not purchase anything.
As I have heard all my life...if it is too good to be true then if probably not good to count on whatever!

robertk53
4/20/13

They don't process referral awards automatically. You have to message customer service, multiple times back & forth, & wait for days, before you ever get them. By the time you do it's normally to late to purchase the deal you wanted to & you only have 60 days to use the KGB Cash so it will go to waste because their system doesn't work right. The only way it works automatically is if both people are signed in at the same time as the purchase is made which is a joke since you don't know when the other persons going to do that.

Groupon is much better & has better customer service.

barbaras33
4/7/13

KB Deals is the biggest RIP-OFF/SCAM out there! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from this site! Ordered several things, some of which did not arrive. KB Deals won't refund $$. The one that did was a cheap imitation. I have sent this site to my junk box and chalked the $$ up to a loss.

estherl12
2/7/13

I ordered a set of six Disney Princess movies twelve weeks ago. I was expecting them to arrive four weeks after the order date. Their customer service lied, saying they would ship it in another week. Now it's been another week and when I ask about it they say it is a duplicate issue and they already addressed it. I have been demanding my money back, which they have not acknowledged in any way. Terrible customer service. I don't think I will ever see my product or my money back.

rosiet
2/5/13

I ordered the zumba cd's the first of December it is the 5th of Feb. Still do not have but money was taken out of my bank the day after I ordered. All this to save $10.00. I am not happy

glenc11
2/2/13

used this site once and had my credit card details stolen which led to someone taking £900 out my account.

web site is not that secure

alexo9
1/30/13

2 months after my last purchase, still no product received only endless promises to contact the merchant. Today I've sent them a final message requesting either a shipping tracking number or refund, or I will do a charge-back. Wonder how it will go with redeeming the Vegas vacation coupon I purchased several months ago.

shariv1
1/25/13

A HUGE RIP-OFF !! I bought 2 different deals, and neither merchant ever delivered on their merchandise. I have contacted KGB customer service many times over the past 2 months to try to get my merchandise or refunds, but just keep getting the run-around. Stick with tried and true sites like Groupon!

pr1059
1/21/13

Horrendous, purchased Christmas gift for our daughter,Just a box of hair chalks, but total price £15.00. It stated to allow 16 days delivery , we ordered in November so no worries there Christmas was almost a month away. December came & left. Also there was no voucher to redeem, its called an immediate purchase so money was taken immediately & delivery of good on way (so it said). End of January no gift, no refund, no care or consideration from KGB , cant even find phone numbers to contact them on. Emails have ludicrously staged automatic replies then you choose another option, automated reply again, notice you have 2 ref numbers on go & cancel. Case closed can be reopened within 31 days. I am still trying, my aim is to collaborate & take information to Police, it must surely be internet fraud & a fraudulent site with fraudulent intentions. :( Disgracefully the Chalks offer has been on sale again. Ive contacted the seller, kgb - not even a reply from the seller. No options to track, no delivery ref etc. HORRENDOUS & STILL TRYING TO GET REFUND!!! 22.01.2013

pjj1
1/9/13

Placed an order, money taken, tried to order from merchant but could not. Contacted merchant who was waiting for KGB to provide the codes so they could supply goods. Have tried every day to order but still cannot. Merchant still not received codes. Cannot contact KGB because they no longer have a phone number on their site and all the emails to any address I could find for them have been returned undelivered. BEWARE - HAVE THEY GONE BUST WHILE CONTINUING TO TAKE ORDERS AND OUR MONEY ??

sherris3
1/3/13

Most all KGB deals make you login to the vendor's website, order the product, and use your KGB voucher code at checkout to zero out the payment since you already paid KGB for the deal.
I bought a KGB deal for hair extensions and the voucher code will not work. I have emailed KGB numerous times only to be told to login and click on "My History" for resolution. The link is broken and they will not respond otherwise. The vendor, EDD Products USA, will not respond either.

gregc14
1/2/13

Buyer Beware!

I purchased an item from kgb deals and it wasn't what was advertised. After disputing the purchase twice, I was given a refund....in credit on the kgb deals site. I would rather never have to do business with these people or the scammers they represent. Don't let it happen to you!

normab
1/2/13

ordered an item 11/22 that closed 11/24 no voucher needed item to be directly mailed to home- its now 1/2/13 no item, no track number, no info for the company selling the item and vague response from kgb stating the item takes 4wks its been 5 and 1/2 weeks. i dont see any phone number listed for kgb. is that an oversite or a way of ignoring cust issues?

nathaliem
12/23/12

I ordered a couple of items on their website November 19th for my nephews and now it is December 23rd and have not received anything from them. I had sent a couple of e-mails to kgb and have not heard back. I am upset that they were quick to take the money out of my account but they are not quick to either refund or send the items ordered. I had to go to Amazon.com to order the gifts again and Thank God they will be here on the 24th. I will NEVER use this website again. I had a feeling it was too good to be true and should have followed my instinct on that.

joanp7
12/20/12

I'd like to shout from the rooftops to NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM KGB DEALS! This is the last deal I will ever buy from them. They have the worst service I have ever experienced from any deal site ever. They will NOT refund your money (or even give you an account credit) if a merchant goes south on you and does not honor the deal, or if they merchant won't return your calls trying to make an appointment, etc. You can't talk to a human and you will get stall after stall, week after week, and never get results. Keep your business with Groupon, Living Social, Deal Chicken, Eversave, Enamor, Voice Daily Deals or Local Dines -- all of them are reputable companies, but KGB DEALS IS THE WORST DEAL SITE ON EARTH!

stacyh16
12/18/12

Ordered an item from their website on 11/24 and have yet to receive this item or confirmation that the item was shipped. I have contacted customer service several times regarding this and continue to be told they are looking into the matter. This was to be a Christmas present and I am concerned it will not be here in time for the holidays. One would assume that when they order an item that is marked as a great Christmas gift at the end of November that they could have it by Christmas!

alea10
12/6/12

Don't buy vouchers from KGB Deals: most of the times they don't work. I got a voucher for 2 night in a hotel and I'm still here waiting that KGB solve the problem because my code and my name don't appear in the hotel list.
My girlfriend had the same problem.
DON'T BUY VOUCHER FROM KGB.

allisonj8
11/30/12

Same story as most reviewers on here. I have emailed back and forth between the deal-redeeming website and kgbdeals.com and over three months have passed; still no waterproof phone case. The other company told me the first two months that they would "look into it and get back to me" which they never did. They said over three weeks ago that the order had finally shipped, yet I still do not have the phone case. Stay away. Luckily I only spend $9 including shipping and handling, and I am realizing I probably won't that money back. It is the dishonesty and not owning up to what their promises are.

cons39
11/13/12

I purchased a handbag from this website. After 6 weeks delievery, I received a fake Michael Kors handbag with extremely poor quality. They used Michael Kors pictures for this product. Never buy products from this website. They import products from illegal manufactures in China. Those manufactures use non-certified material to produce items. Some of them are harmful for human being healthy. For your safe, don't use or buy any products purchased from this website. Hopefully, some goverment agencies can be involved to investigate this company under the law.

th1916
11/8/12

I ordered a package of bras. They took a very LONG time to arrive and when they did, they were not the size I ordered. KGB deals said they would take care of it and they did absolutely NOTHING! So I am out my money.... awful company to deal with and by the looks of all the other reviews I am not the only one who thinks so....

stacys11
10/27/12

Awful, awful, awful. I purchased a deal based upon my travels, and after planning my day and taking a metro the location was CLOSED. I purchased the deal only 2 days prior. Such a rip off. Only use GROUPON...at least they are legit, unlike this KGB CRAP.

kb19
10/23/12

I purchased 2 deals in July 2012. The first vendor never provided the merchandise and the second vendor was full of excuses and then stopped responding to my emails. I filed complaints with the BBB and got a refund for the first deal in October 2012. I'm still waiting to hear back on the second complaint. Talk about the runaround. Worst customer service have ever seen.

jennf1
9/7/12

Thats right, I purchased 4 different items from KGB Deals and 3 of them never were delivered!! I finally got a refund for 1 item but as for the other 2, no. I have asked multiple times to get refunded but they assure me that the items are being shipped. When I asked for a tracking number, they said they didn't provide one for that specific order but when I kept emailing about how I still hadn't received the item, miraculously they were able to muster one up and said the delivery was received. Pretty much calling me a liar because I still did not get it. Maybe theres a package stealing fairy because there is no reason for me to lie about a package not shipped. I want nothing to do with this KGB Deals and will pass along this awful experience! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Use Groupon!...they are awesome and their customer service is great!

danielleb10
8/16/12

Stay away at all costs - this site will sell manure disguised as earrings if they could! Worse off, if you request for them to intervene in one of their promoted garbage sales - don't expect any answer... I will never buy from them... groupon or living social is a much better way to go!

teris1
8/15/12

I bought a deal for house cleaning First Choice Maids I should have checked on YELP SAN DIEGO before buying this deal ALL (but 2-could be family) were horrible- one star. KGB refused to give me my money back because they stated I USED the coupon, duh....of course I used it I bought it- they STATED 3 hours o cleaning. After my experience (below) they didnt give me my money back which is stupid since I literally have spend hundreds and would have continued to do so, it seems they will sell you ANYTHING as long as they make a buck-once they get their money they dont care how the service they sold was or their false advertising on the service.

DONT USE THIS SERVICE VIA KGB DEALS-Very unprofessional, terrible job- actually the short list I had for her to do in my small place was not even done. Notes: 3 hours voucher 158.00 value- stated. Clean bathrooms thoroughly (2) master bedroom -tub, shower doors, floors walls,ors MAIN focus. Floors dining room/kitchen/ microwave/toaster oven, sink, counter top cleaned. Sliding glass doors clean.

We look forward to a 100% service satisfaction guaranteed is their motto-this alone is false advertising. If he sent someone ELSE in to do the job that had professional products and had experience that would be fine but the owner wanted to give me a discount to have someone come back to do the job that was never done in the first place- the only motto should be YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I got a "deal from KGB" 59.00, but it wasnt even 59.00 worth of cleaning!

1.I DID NOT CHECK ANYTHING UNTIL SHE LEFT (IM not a babysitter), I figured she was here for 3 hours so I didnt need to check on anything prior to her leaving. I even gave her a 20.00 tip thinking she did twork she wasI hired her to do. But when I walked in the kitchen barefoot- there were crumbs on the bottom of my feet, so I looked in the corners all the dirt was still there also dirt still in the corner of the dining room (I have a small dining/kitchen area it should have been spotless). I am not sure if she lightly broomed or if she washed the floors which is what was needed.

2. Bathroom shower doors not cleaned =she told me she gets inexpensive products at Target rather then PROFESSIONAL CLEANING products because the owner wont pay for them like MERRY MAIDS (now thats a professional service)
Wall inside tub not clean-silver rim around tub not clean, inside toilet not cleaned

3. She never went into the second bathroom

4. Kitchen sink she cleaned 1/2 the sink - she never even picked up the rubber mat on the other side which was the dirty side

6. She cleaned the glass part of the toaster oven but not the dirty part which was inside- and on the side and crumbs still under toaster-so nothing was moved!

Bottom line other then the bath-tub- everything looks the same

The owner came over and saw for himself first hand the dirt on the floors, how with my fingernail I can easily scrap off soapscum in the tub wall, how the 2nd bathroom was never gone into. All he offered was a DISCOUNT to have somene else come back! I would never use their service again.

vikkig
8/10/12

Terrible terrible company. This is a review for the travel 'scam' deal that they keep putting out. It is Orlando or LasVegas for $100 for 2 people. They have put this deal from this company 6 times and the company is a scam. KGB refuses to take responsibility and 1000s have lost their money. Their customer service is $#*!. NEVER buy anything from them

cortneyw
8/10/12

Wish I would have read all these before purchasing what I thought was a great deal!! Asked for a refund and the 2 day window that they will "get back to you" has since come and gone. Another email was sent, no response. I am going to attempt to use my voucher, and i'm already dreading it, as I know I'll have problems! STAY FAR AWAY!!!!

laurenk7
8/2/12

I've purchased two deals on this site, the first went OK, althogh I wasnt at all blown awya once I actually received the products. The second, I had a concern with and needed to reach out to their customer service, THIS is where the problem started. You CANT call their customer service, you have to submit a form online and wait or them to respond to you whenever they finally get around to it. For me, it's been 4 days and I havent had anyone contact me to resolve the issue. With all of the other site that offer the same thing with an actualy customver service team and better deals, I wont ever be using this site again.

rjaa
Apprentice Reviewer
7/26/12

This site sucks. I paid for a deal and the coupon voucher doesn't work. There email states they get back to you within two business days. It's been a whole week and no response. I even emailed them again 2x and nothing!!! SCAM do not trust! I should have read all the other reviews before ever purchasing! No wonder they don't get back to you, can you imagine the thousands of angry buyers that email them?

farallad
7/24/12

I am a former KGB Italian customer, I am writing this review to warn all the English, the site is a scam. In Italy they have not closed any day or redressing those who had bought the coupons, or reimbursing the dealers of used coupons! I have been cheated and I hope it does not happen to you too! I apologize for the bad english, but I hope that the message is clear