US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jamies52

I can depend on a speedy arrival and great customer service with every order. (in 52 reviews)

kristinel2

Many items to choose from and their coffee is to die for. (in 76 reviews)

raymondr10

The only problem I encountered was some difficulty with using my credit card for payment. (in 8 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

bj154
10/22/14

This site is amazing! It offers huge savings on designer lighting, furniture and home decor. I recently purchased a pair of sconces that were $150 less than full retail in a local store and an online source.

Tip for consumers: Compare prices, and check measurements to see it the item will work in your space because you can't get your money back on returns.

lillianw13
10/21/14

I have not purchased too much from this site yet. Just rain boots. I was a little confused because I was not updated on shipping status.

janiceg8
10/19/14

After visiting this site many times over a period of several weeks and being delighted with the chic look of the merchandise, today I found a canvas print I couldn't resist. My "room enhancer" should arrive next week and I can hardly wait. The web site is quick and easy to maneuver and and the company promises to give monetary credit if it becomes necessary to return my purchase.
Janice in Texas

kristinel2
10/18/14

Easy to follow web site and ordering decisions. Save all pertinent information. Many items to choose from and their coffee is to die for.

janetb26
10/16/14

The website was cumbersome. My home page had no search box. My sister's home page had a search box, but after she put items in the bag, there was nowhere to sign up as a member so she could buy them. When she went back to her home page, her search box had disappeared. As far as I can tell, they don't actually want to sell anything. They were quick to respond by email when I emailed them, but mostly I can't remember when I have been on such an un-user-friendly website.

Tip for consumers: Take a tranquilizer before you start and have several friends on the site at the same time so that maybe one of them will have a search box to find merchandise and maybe one of them will be able to find a way to sign up as a member so you can actually buy the merchandise in the bag

susano13
10/16/14

I was happy to find the canisters, but very surprised that they cannot be returned if I'm not satisfied. Why? Everything else I've purchased has had that option. I just finished raving about J&M to my friends, telling them that items were returnable when I see this on my receipt. I'm disappointed. However, I love J&M products. I apparently need to be more careful in ordering.

Tip for consumers: Be careful to check if item is returnable before ordering.

lindas107
10/16/14

Love your French Country ,but sick of white ,beige, & browns. Would like some color or prints that would be French Country. I cant see spending 2 to 3 hundred dollars on a chair then having to take it to be recovered to go with the style.

peggyb8
10/15/14

Purchased lamps, rugs, seating, art, accent pieces, dining, bedroom, oh my!!! Love this terrific site for my special retreat from this busy and crazy world we live in!!!

Tip for consumers: Trust this site. You will find amazing one of a kind treasures for your home and lifestyle!!!

irenep9
10/15/14

I wish that I had read customer reviews before ordering my table. It arrived damaged and
only resembled the table in shape but definitely not the teak table top that had been described and photographed. However, the broken legged table was well packaged. Makes me wonder
if there was a slight break to the leg before wrapping. I will notify customer service directly
for some sort of a refund.

Tip for consumers: Do a little investigating before ordering.

crystals17
10/12/14

I, apparently, lost a wonderful couch and two wonderful chairs, today, that were reserved for me, because there were "hieroglyphics" all over their site according to a very charming and helpful customer service person. She was not, however, able to ensure that the items reserved for me would continue to be so, and they appear to have been sold to someone else, no matter how much I updated and re-tried the site. I'M VERY SAD, TO BE HONEST.

Tip for consumers: EXTRAORDINARILY POOR SERVICE, NOT SERVICE PERSONNEL, BUT SERVICE, UNABLE TO MAINTAIN THEIR OWN WEBSITE AND KEEP CUSTOMERS RESERVED ITEMS RESERVED FOR THEM. I PRAY THAT THIS ERROR HAS BEEN AMELIORATED, AND I SIMPLY CANNOT TELL FROM MY END, BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK AS THOUGH I WILL RECEIVE WHAT WAS DULY MINE.

brendam29
10/12/14

This is a wonderful website to find unique and beautiful pieces. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and have been very pleased with everything that I have ordered thus far.

Thanks

roberth140
10/11/14

Been looking for several years for this type of decal, have finally found it on your site. thank you.
Rob

marianelad1
10/11/14

This is my first time buying something from Joss and Main but I think they have beautiful things. Can't give any opinion yet about the quality.

lorainem
10/9/14

You never know what they will be selling, first time to ever see brushes for artists. Easels and I am very happy, even canvases. Wonderful pricing as always.

jessicat22
10/8/14

Website's product displays were beautiful... and then every selection that I viewed to possibly purchase then sent me back to the main page...NOT the page and spot I was at! So d#@$ed frustrating with so many items to search through over and over!! (speaking of "Search"... why isn't there one?) Methinks the IT design team needs to clean up the functionality of the site to make it a little user-friendly. Please! I'd love to shop here all the time, but don't know if my patience is abundant enough.

gwend34
10/6/14

Hello World!! Years ago I found this web-site and now am obsessed with shopping for treasures. In my bedroom I have made a romantic get away with gorgeous mirrors, a comforter set that makes you feel that you are in Morraco. I have bought almost 8 different comforter sets and I am single!! In my living room I have a huge mirror over my fireplace mantle and it is huge and with silver leaf it is gorgeous. I have always wanted another of the same for I have a living room with high beam ceiling and getting another mirror would just set off this room perfectly. My chandeliers reflect in every mirror and it actually looks like I have 6 chandeliers for all of the sparkle it gives out. I have bought large area rugs that are gorgeous. End tables, 3 bench sets with sparkling crystals that I really like. If you get a product that is damaged they work very well with you and make it right every time. I have bought 3 flush mounted chandeliers where I put 2 of them in the family room/dining area and 1 for my bedroom. I put them on dimmers so they can be romantic or can sparkle like a city view with sparkling lights. The chandeliers were only something like $200 each and I paid a friend $50 for each to hang for me. I recently saw the chandeliers on the web-site now going for over $600 each and with a regular price of over $1,000. If you see something you really like - don't pause...for it may go quicker than you would think. I love this web-site so much I want to tell the entire world!!

Tip for consumers: No shipping costs after paying $9.95 for your first order. No tax and this means you are actually paying less for your item. Love it - buy it right then and now! Your treasures are just waiting for you.,.

baarbarah1
10/4/14

Felt too rushed with clock ticking...makes a person feel like they should delete...making one feel fearful instead of an honest good company you can come back to with pleasure!

Tip for consumers: Would like to send review AFTER I have received the merchandise.

jamies52
10/3/14

I came across Joss & Main accidentally. What a pleasant surprise to stumble onto several items I had been trying to find, in my price range, of excellent quality, for months! I purchased three rugs that have beautiful colors and patterns for considerably less than I expected to pay. The compliments are still coming and they look new months later. I can depend on a speedy arrival and great customer service with every order. Thanks for getting me ready for Halloween; it's always great fun to shop at Joss & Main!

Tip for consumers: Check your cart often and check out frequently to avoid losing items to other shoppers. Your cart only holds the items you place in it for 10:00 minutes, but is refreshed each time you add a new item or check out.

lw15
10/2/14

Terrible initial experience. We'll see if they come through. One expensive piece required assembly thought that was not anywhere in the product information at the time of sale. A piece was damaged in shipment. Finally, a chest advertised to be 36" H and 35" W is just 30" H and 22" W. That is significant. Would give them negative stars if I could. Perhaps their after purchase service is better than their order fulfillment.

Tip for consumers: Don't purchase from this company. Whatever savings you think you're getting are not worth it.

gwenn5
10/2/14

This company is a nightmare to deal with when it comes to receiving your items. I will never order from Joss & Main again. Buyers beware, they don't know what they're doing in the shipping and freight departments! Too bad, I liked the products, but I'm not going to go through the hell I went through this week with my bathroom vanity, which I finally had to pick up on my own at a distribution center, because they couldn't get their acts together.

Tip for consumers: Don't order any furniture from this company, unless you want to wait forever to receive it, if you're lucky.

stacym40
10/1/14

I LOVE Joss and Main, thought I had hit the home décor & furniture jackpot when I discovered this site a few years ago. Everyday I love to shop their site for the new events, it gives me motivation to decorate my new home and my family and friends homes. But after countless orders of damaged items, items that don't look anything like the photo on the website and orders being cancelled or take 3 months to arrive... I think I'm done!!

Today was it for me, I had ordered a metal wall hanging for a wall space in my house that has been empty for 6 months, thought I had found the perfect item, but when it arrived I was very disappointed, the look, color and shape were not as I expected. I promptly contacted customer service and they are issuing a refund as I type this. But this isn't the first time I've come across an issue like this. J&M does a great job of showing a photo or two of an item and you think that's what your going to get, but its not. Colors are not described or photographed properly, descriptions are not accurate and shapes and mechanics of an item are not as they seem.

I will say Customer Service has always been top notch, when I've called on an order that took 3+ months they were on top of it, if something is damaged they offer a credit very quickly and when I've inquired on an item regarding manufacturer or product materials they quickly respond. I just wish the product was as good as the service!!

My suggestion to Joss & Main would be to include more photos, fronts, backs and close ups of colors and to also give more detailed descriptions.

The 2 stars I've given are for the items I ordered but I would give customer service 5 stars! Photos attached are the photo from the event in photo 1 and photo 2 is how the items is so warped and damaged it can't even hang properly on the wall.

Tip for consumers: Emails customer service for questions of who manufacturers the item and for additional photos.

janiceb13
9/30/14

I love your site. I like the selection, I like the customer service, I like the prices. I have been very happy with my many purchases for my new home.

mimih4
9/26/14

I ordered 8 different rugs last weekend. They cancelled all of my orders without even notifying me when I was waiting for shipping information on my rugs. They finally after I signed into my account to get shipping information sent me one email even though i had 5 different orders. That said sorry we mis priced these items and they are being cancelled. What kind of customer service is that! NONE they are supposed to honor there pricing.

Very upsetting. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!!

yvonnef2
9/25/14

If you can't even get onto the website without giving them your e-mail address, something is very wrong.

shelbym29
9/25/14

Joss and Main Review -
This site does not honor its pricing. What is the point of getting email updates a couple of times a day for items on sale if they can cancel your order at anytime if they priced the item incorrectly on THEIR site in THEIR advertisement. It falsifies the whole company and what it stands for. Don't order from the site. Its a waste of time.

hazelb12
9/24/14

What a great experience. J&M have so much to explore and at your own pace. They offer everything for your home then some. Enjoy, enjoy!!! If you like browsing and know what you are looking for you will find it here!!! Just try to control yourself or maybe not just have a good time.

Tip for consumers: Be ready to dream away!!!

jandmb
9/24/14

I love Wayfair and naturally assumed Joss & Main would be on the same level since Wayfair owns J&M. Wrong! I was in the process of buying a bed that I've been stalking over on Wayfair. I saw it was priced almost $200 less at J&M. When I went to "place my order" the item rang up more than the price of Wayfair. When they include the $125 for "additional shipping", you quickly realize you aren't getting a deal at all. Plus I didn't like the shipping details stating buyer is responsible for moving the items from their truck to curb side. Please! Wayfair needs to revamp the company big time. In the meantime, I'll continue to admire the items they have but won't go so far as purchasing from them.

Tip for consumers: Before placing your order, visit other reputable online companies who may be selling that same item and start comparing. Don't be surprised you aren't getting a good deal with J&M.

julier17
9/23/14

Ordered a rug at a low price a day later they canceled the order because the price was a computer error. I called and waited on the phone for 15 min only to receive terrible service. Do not trust this company--they don't honor their prices, they don't value their customers.

shannar1
9/23/14

Joss & Main made a mistake on pricing for a rug that I ordered. I looked everywhere for the perfect rug - found it - and now they have cancelled my order based on a mistake that THEY made. It's so unfortunate as I love browsing their site and often find unique items. I'm amazed that they are not honoring their posted price, they obviously don't care about their reputation. I'm in the process of staging a house and in the spring will be furnishing our new home.....BIG MISTAKE JOSS & MAIN, BIG MISTAKE. You have lost a customer for life.

jays287
9/23/14

I ordered a rug and following day they canceled my order. They stated the price was wrong. I was charged in full sent a conformation and a estimated ship date. I spoke to a customer sales representative who said they would not even offer me a discount on the item. They also stated this is a common issue with Joss and Main. This site is a waste of time. They should have honored their mistake and completed placed orders. It is now two days later and i have still not seen a refund on my credit card.

annies29
9/22/14

I ordered a rug from this Merchant and they cancelled my order because they claimed they inadvertently charged the same price for all the sizes.of the rug. I went back and checked on line and the price for the smallest rug was 3 times the size of the rug I had ordered. Not only did they not honor the price on line, they wouldn' t even offer free shipping or a coupon for a replacement order. I will never order from this merchant again.

Tip for consumers: don't

hannahj11
9/22/14

Cancelled orders when they made a pricing mistake on certain items. I understand doing this, but doing it more than 72 hours after the purchase and not refunding the shipping charge on other items purchased to ship freely with mispriced item, absolutely not okay. Much better websites to buy from!

maryl103
9/21/14

Simply put, I LOVE JOSSANDMAIN! My home is filled with items ordered from this site. I am inspired by and love to put together from the fire sale themes that reflects my decorating style. My style tends to be contemporary, glam, chic, a bit Hollywood (I am after all, from southern California) but love organic living as well. JossandMain offers every taste of home decor (and fashion accessories) that a design craze like me can only dream of accessing. I am obsessed! My home is work in progress but happy to fill it with JossandMain collection.

bettyn8
9/21/14

Unfortunately what you see on the screen looks better than what you get in real life. For some reason, in the three orders, something has been broken. I don't know who is handling the shipping end, but it has been a problem. I'm trying them one more time, and if I have the same issue, I won't buy from them anymore.

Stuff on screen looks better than in real life, quality wise.

crystalb8
9/21/14

I absolutely love Joss and Main. Beautiful items at great prices. Customer service is beyond amazing. I've bought a desk, chair, ottoman, jewelry box, tray, pet bed, wall art, bedding, dresser, storage towers, picture frame, faux flowers, pillows, etc... and will definitely purchase again!

lisag52
9/20/14

Joss & Main never disappoints me! Whether you are just perusing their beautiful merchandise, or buying some lovely items for home décor, you will not be disappointed! Their variety is never dull, and the only reason that I don't get on their site is to take a little respite from shopping, because it's rare that I visit their site and not make a purchase. I have only had to return items on one occasion, and it was quite simple and painless! I have compared their prices with other sites, and the value can't be beat!

sofial8
9/20/14

I found the web sites basket and checkout process a nightmare. I provided the vital bank details etc before I could view and amend my shopping list which didn't work constantly. I had items in my checkout that didn't correspond to the total cost, which doesn't indicate the shipping cost until I agree the nonsense total costs. Emailed customer service as concerned as to the safety of my account details. No one has return my email. Why don't the y have a phone number, amazon do, all uk shopping sites do why not jandm. Don't feel they are trustworthy.

Tip for consumers: Don't use them

path46
9/19/14

Poorly designed web site, cheap quality items, slow delivery, poor customer service, terrible return policy! Don't be fooled by the glitzy photos of items!! I feel like a fool for having fallen for their fakery. Don't buy from this site!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T use it!

aliceg25
9/17/14

Do not shop here!

Service is very poor, items are often late (over 2 months), no refund given for shipping costs, so you end up out of pocket. no compensation for late delivery.
Items are often not as described or the description is very poor and the photos not representive of the item.
The quality of items is poor, they are not high end products.

I have ordered three items on separate occasions from Joss and Main only one transaction has been satisfactory.

I bourght a king size sheet, it was not as discribed on the website, it was jersey cotton not the crisp white cotton sheet with a high thread count that i expected.

The returns does not include the shipping so you will end up out of pocket, this is terrible customer service, other internet sites manage to reinburse customers the full amount, including shipping

The cushions i ordered were over 2 months late being delivered, no discount or compensatin offered. Terrible service. and again once they did arrive they were not as expected. they were not cushions with a cover and an inner but no removeable cover and the material was not as expected and the general quality was very poor. The photos on the site do not represent the products.

I will not be shopping with Joss and Main again, this is not a high end website and it is not good value for money.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it

sherryj9
9/15/14

JOSS & MAIN IS WAYFAIR.

Tip for consumers: Think about cheaper stores that try to set up 'higher end' stores BEFORE you buy. 'Happens all the time.

tammyr13
9/15/14

I enjoy Joss & Main so much! The items are unique and I can always find great bargains for high quality pieces. My kitchen island light fixture shipped quickly, came in perfect condition and was exactly as I hoped it would be. It was priced much lower than any fixtures I had seen anywhere I had shopped in store. I had looked for months at local shops and couldn't find anything to fit my decor and taste. First time I was on the site, there it was and I couldn't be happier! I've just ordered what I hope to be the perfect area rug for the kitchen! I can't wait for it to arrive :)

colew16
9/14/14

See my review under One Kings Lane re this review. Joss & Main is the other site that I get emails from clients about. They mark the items up to high retail and then mark down to average retail as their great price. Just because they ask for an email address to be a member doesn't make all their items a good deal!!

Designer and Retailer

monicay1
9/13/14

I recently purchased and received two Gladys side tables in cream. While they look as expected, the quality of the product is substandard. I am worried that the sides might collapse as they are approximately 1/16th of an inch thick. The purpose of my review is to caution others that not all of the offerings are good quality. I suspect that this type of quality product would be rejected by most big box stores.

lauriec14
9/13/14

GREAT store I found on HGTV! Shopping experience was wonderful! I wish they had a search bar, though. They lose a star because of that. BEAUTIFUL furniture! At least from what I saw on HGTV and on the website!

Tip for consumers: Always check this store. They are ALWAYS running sales! GREAT sales!

patt221
9/12/14

Awesome site to scout out. Found some wonderful items I will come back and get next week if they still have them. Only problem was the site kept crashing on me and I could not control shopping very well. Love the items I purchased, though!

Tip for consumers: You really, really have to shop daily for new items always popping up. Also means you need to buy when available or else they will be gone!

feliciac4
9/7/14

I love Joss and Main!! They have the best value and customer service! If it weren't for them, I couldn't afford to buy such high end, designer quality furnishings for my home. Because of Joss and Main, windows of opportunity are open to me that never were before….. Thanks!!!

patriciar34
9/6/14

Beautiful Pictures and unusual one-of-a-kind products, so many choices and inventory, easy payment directions. Loved the items recommended by the blogger decorator. Love the way you combine the same furniture in so many settings. Pot racks are hard to get in Canada so appreciate this. Excellent sale prices. My only suggestion is: Make instructions clearer for larger items and how they are shipped and what is required of the customer. Do you ship large items to Canada? Items such as sofas, do they have to be assembled? This is the first item I have ordered and hope that the delivery process is as satisfactory as the ordering process. Not sure about the initial deliver of $9.95 - is that free after the first item ordered. Not clear in your explanation.

Tip for consumers: Keep reviewing the emails sent you with product information as sooner or later you will find the item you are looking for at the price you want. I spent two months reviewing products until I finally ordered.

roxannew2
9/5/14

While I have not yet received my items therefor I cannot speak about value for money, packaging and delivery issues, whether colors are true to pictures or durability of the item. However, the range of styles the items, variety of themes and the unique designs of items is VERY attractive and inclusive of all tastes.

I can also speak about a huge issue with this site based on my one experience at purchasing a desired rug. When I had narrowed my selection down to two choices it was apparent that he description of both rugs did NOT match the pictures. So in my attempt to get clarity on these discrepancies my purchase was delayed by 5 days as I tried to glean the accurate information about the items. Both rugs had written descriptions that conflicted greatly with the pictured item: 1) the Harper rug quoted colors not in the rug at all; 2) the other the Adela rug was described as having a trellis design but the pictured item was a plain tufted or shag rug. Between calling the Customer Services dept. & communicating via email, it took 5 days to learn that item (2) was incorrectly named and tagged i.e. it a totally different item name & color; and item (1) required 3 calls to the warehouse and the manufacturers to have the site more accurately report and label the colors. This delay made me miss the free shipping perk that was available on my first day of inquiry & attempted, which was later addressed after my direct request in spite of highlighting this issue in ALL my conversations. But it should be noted that all the Service Reps with whom I spoke were courteous, but some were more effective and detailed that others.

jilll5
9/5/14

Ordered two items in July. Still waiting and it's September! Numerous excuses offered and every time I have a scheduled delivery date it is altered at the last minute. One of the items was completely cancelled without explanation. Dreadful company bad I will never order again.

Tip for consumers: Don't

stephanier22
9/3/14

I have placed a few orders with Joss & Main recently. This past order was a big one--a 15 light chandelier that cost a pretty penny in shipping. We had some difficulties with the local courier they used: the courier didn't call me within the expected window, nor did they return my call after I called them twice that same day; four hours after the expected delivery window, my neighbor came driving up my 1/4 mile long driveway to tell me that some guys were dropping a box at my mailbox because they didn't want to come up the driveway. This was NOT how the Large Parcel Delivery details said it was supposed to happen! I called Joss & Main the following Monday and they promptly (and quite generously) offered to refund my entire shipping charge for the difficulties. They said they want their customers to be happy--I am! And I'll certainly be back after that wonderful display of customer service!

6 Photos for Joss & Main