US Government's NSF

seeromaniep

first time customer

path46
9/19/14

Poorly designed web site, cheap quality items, slow delivery, poor customer service, terrible return policy! Don't be fooled by the glitzy photos of items!! I feel like a fool for having fallen for their fakery. Don't buy from this site!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T use it!

doreenb4
9/19/14

wonderful items and a great selections wide variety

Tip for consumers: 1st time users remember where you are at all times found some chairs and did not notes under which category they where under --- Lost out, MY BAD!

aliceg25
9/17/14

Do not shop here!

Service is very poor, items are often late (over 2 months), no refund given for shipping costs, so you end up out of pocket. no compensation for late delivery.
Items are often not as described or the description is very poor and the photos not representive of the item.
The quality of items is poor, they are not high end products.

I have ordered three items on separate occasions from Joss and Main only one transaction has been satisfactory.

I bourght a king size sheet, it was not as discribed on the website, it was jersey cotton not the crisp white cotton sheet with a high thread count that i expected.

The returns does not include the shipping so you will end up out of pocket, this is terrible customer service, other internet sites manage to reinburse customers the full amount, including shipping

The cushions i ordered were over 2 months late being delivered, no discount or compensatin offered. Terrible service. and again once they did arrive they were not as expected. they were not cushions with a cover and an inner but no removeable cover and the material was not as expected and the general quality was very poor. The photos on the site do not represent the products.

I will not be shopping with Joss and Main again, this is not a high end website and it is not good value for money.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it

sherryj9
9/15/14

JOSS & MAIN IS WAYFAIR.

Tip for consumers: Think about cheaper stores that try to set up 'higher end' stores BEFORE you buy. 'Happens all the time.

tammyr13
9/15/14

I enjoy Joss & Main so much! The items are unique and I can always find great bargains for high quality pieces. My kitchen island light fixture shipped quickly, came in perfect condition and was exactly as I hoped it would be. It was priced much lower than any fixtures I had seen anywhere I had shopped in store. I had looked for months at local shops and couldn't find anything to fit my decor and taste. First time I was on the site, there it was and I couldn't be happier! I've just ordered what I hope to be the perfect area rug for the kitchen! I can't wait for it to arrive :)

colew16
9/14/14

See my review under One Kings Lane re this review. Joss & Main is the other site that I get emails from clients about. They mark the items up to high retail and then mark down to average retail as their great price. Just because they ask for an email address to be a member doesn't make all their items a good deal!!

Designer and Retailer

monicay1
9/13/14

I recently purchased and received two Gladys side tables in cream. While they look as expected, the quality of the product is substandard. I am worried that the sides might collapse as they are approximately 1/16th of an inch thick. The purpose of my review is to caution others that not all of the offerings are good quality. I suspect that this type of quality product would be rejected by most big box stores.

lauriec14
9/13/14

GREAT store I found on HGTV! Shopping experience was wonderful! I wish they had a search bar, though. They lose a star because of that. BEAUTIFUL furniture! At least from what I saw on HGTV and on the website!

Tip for consumers: Always check this store. They are ALWAYS running sales! GREAT sales!

feliciac4
9/7/14

I love Joss and Main!! They have the best value and customer service! If it weren't for them, I couldn't afford to buy such high end, designer quality furnishings for my home. Because of Joss and Main, windows of opportunity are open to me that never were before….. Thanks!!!

patriciar34
9/6/14

Beautiful Pictures and unusual one-of-a-kind products, so many choices and inventory, easy payment directions. Loved the items recommended by the blogger decorator. Love the way you combine the same furniture in so many settings. Pot racks are hard to get in Canada so appreciate this. Excellent sale prices. My only suggestion is: Make instructions clearer for larger items and how they are shipped and what is required of the customer. Do you ship large items to Canada? Items such as sofas, do they have to be assembled? This is the first item I have ordered and hope that the delivery process is as satisfactory as the ordering process. Not sure about the initial deliver of $9.95 - is that free after the first item ordered. Not clear in your explanation.

Tip for consumers: Keep reviewing the emails sent you with product information as sooner or later you will find the item you are looking for at the price you want. I spent two months reviewing products until I finally ordered.

roxannew2
9/5/14

While I have not yet received my items therefor I cannot speak about value for money, packaging and delivery issues, whether colors are true to pictures or durability of the item. However, the range of styles the items, variety of themes and the unique designs of items is VERY attractive and inclusive of all tastes.

I can also speak about a huge issue with this site based on my one experience at purchasing a desired rug. When I had narrowed my selection down to two choices it was apparent that he description of both rugs did NOT match the pictures. So in my attempt to get clarity on these discrepancies my purchase was delayed by 5 days as I tried to glean the accurate information about the items. Both rugs had written descriptions that conflicted greatly with the pictured item: 1) the Harper rug quoted colors not in the rug at all; 2) the other the Adela rug was described as having a trellis design but the pictured item was a plain tufted or shag rug. Between calling the Customer Services dept. & communicating via email, it took 5 days to learn that item (2) was incorrectly named and tagged i.e. it a totally different item name & color; and item (1) required 3 calls to the warehouse and the manufacturers to have the site more accurately report and label the colors. This delay made me miss the free shipping perk that was available on my first day of inquiry & attempted, which was later addressed after my direct request in spite of highlighting this issue in ALL my conversations. But it should be noted that all the Service Reps with whom I spoke were courteous, but some were more effective and detailed that others.

jilll5
9/5/14

Ordered two items in July. Still waiting and it's September! Numerous excuses offered and every time I have a scheduled delivery date it is altered at the last minute. One of the items was completely cancelled without explanation. Dreadful company bad I will never order again.

Tip for consumers: Don't

stephanier22
9/3/14

I have placed a few orders with Joss & Main recently. This past order was a big one--a 15 light chandelier that cost a pretty penny in shipping. We had some difficulties with the local courier they used: the courier didn't call me within the expected window, nor did they return my call after I called them twice that same day; four hours after the expected delivery window, my neighbor came driving up my 1/4 mile long driveway to tell me that some guys were dropping a box at my mailbox because they didn't want to come up the driveway. This was NOT how the Large Parcel Delivery details said it was supposed to happen! I called Joss & Main the following Monday and they promptly (and quite generously) offered to refund my entire shipping charge for the difficulties. They said they want their customers to be happy--I am! And I'll certainly be back after that wonderful display of customer service!

kats12
9/2/14

I have never ordered from Joss and Main, although I do enjoy their products. Everytime I have gone to purchase from them, I have found the item cheaper elsewhere. Well, this morning I clicked on their specials and first thing I see is the vase I just bought yesterday from zgallerie for $32, JossandMain has it on sale for $91!!! My advice is to shop around before buying form them.

Tip for consumers: Shop around before buying

mth1
9/1/14

I attempted to place an order on a featured item. Went through the process and went to check out and was told my cart was empty! I went through all steps several times without any luck. Oh well , this is the last day to order. So much for the cute little rug! What a waste of time!

janes74
9/1/14

Their web site is frustrating. If I wanted to browse, I'd go to a store. When I shop online, I want a SEARCH capability. I'm trying to save time, not waste it scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling. Yech!

chrisd97
9/1/14

I enjoy shopping on this site but have not made many recent purchases due to the change in how shipping is calculated. If I see something inexpensive but have not purchased anything in the last 30 days sometimes the shipping is as much as what I'm interested in and I have no way of knowing if there will be something I want in the next 30 days.

lynnd18
8/31/14

The only way do decorate your home yourself is to visit Joss and Main. They have something for everyone! They bring it all to you in one place.

Tip for consumers: If you see what you want, don't hesitate! Someone else might snap it up.

dawnk9
8/28/14

The navigation on the site is poor in terms of being able to search. I get the approach in that they would like consumers to drill down into an event as it exposes them to more product rather than receiving hits for a specific search. The challenge is that, as a consumer, I don't have time to drill down into each event. My recommendation is to provide a service that helps the consumer find definitive results.

janetp13
8/28/14

Easy to navigate website. I like the sales but sometimes the supposed retail prices are higher than you can buy elsewhere. I bought an item that was supposedly on sale but was actually the same price as elsewhere. I bought it anyway as I was already placing an order.

Tip for consumers: Make sure and check prices elsewhere before you purchase. Sometimes they have a great price, sometimes not.

ts91
8/27/14

Disappointing shopping experience!

• While the site is attractive, it is far from user-friendly. If there is a smart-search feature, I wasn't able to find it. I had to shop through each collection and scan for my specific need: dressers - timely and annoying.
• Advertised "Free Shipping" (which actually only covers the $9.95 "standard shipping" rate;) not the extra $400 in "additional shipping" I incurred!? Not false advertising; just tricky marketing tactics!
• Lastly, the shopping cart has a count-down clock. Considering how hard it is to find what I'm looking for on the site, don't pressure me to find everything in 10 minutes before you erase my cart's contents!

rebeccar20
8/26/14

We ordered the gorgeous mirrored Philomena three drawer cabinet for our newly renovated kitsch. THe shipping was nearly equal to the price and the total was over $900. It took a month to arrive, and when it did, we were shocked by its cheapness. The drawers have to be wrestled like rodeo animals, such is their stickiness. The interior finish is paper. Overall, we are extremely disappointed with this product and with its sluggish delivery time.We will not order from this site again.

Tip for consumers: Don't

kerryg5
8/22/14

I just ordered a large print from them. When it arrived it was in 3 pieces, not one as shown. I can return it, but shipping's at my cost, both ways, and they refuse to make it right! This is horrendous customer service.

inayas
8/20/14

I attempted to order a very beautiful Safavieh rug from Joss & Main. After waiting a week, I received a notification that the rug had shipped. A week after that, there was still no activity on the rug. FedEx never received the rug, and Joss & Main never bothered to do anything about it. I kept getting brushed off by customer service reps, who would give me very weak excuses, or promise that they would follow up with the warehouse (and then never would). I had also ordered a non-slip rug mat, and that finally shipped (what good was the mat without the rug, though?).
I eventually, after two weeks, told them to cancel my order. If they have issues in fulfilling orders, they need to be upfront and honest about it.

Due to the fact that no apparent attempt was ever made to actually resolve the issue, I couldn't help but feel that the company is a scam, and only actually fulfills enough orders to keep from having federal charges brought up against them. I will not be ordering from them ever again, nor from their other companies (Wayfair is one, and I'm looking into Overstock.com. to see if there is a possible affiliation).

Tip for consumers: Don't order from this group of companies!

alisong10
8/18/14

I been regularly purchasing items from Joss and Main for approximately 6 months and am so impressed by everything I have received. However this is what I expect from a first rate company, what does surprise me though is how amazing their customer service department is, so helpful. I first contacted them because I wanted to source an item that had gone out of stock, their response was fantastic and really personal. As a professional designer its great to be so confident in a resource, I have Joss and Main products in my own home and happily recommend Joss and Main to my clients.

Tip for consumers: Buy confidently, you will not be disappointed!

frang2
8/17/14

I continue to have trouble going from selecting an item to paying for it. This is the first time I've been able to complete a sale. Hopefully the delivery and product order will be better.

Tip for consumers: Patience

denisez2
8/15/14

I have shopped this site for a few months now and I love every item that I have purchased. Good quality merchandise. Love the wine racks in the bathroom to store extra towels and washcloths. Got that idea from Pinterest.

Tip for consumers: When first opening website click on full website.

sharonw24
8/15/14

FREE SHIPPING ALL THE TIME, I AM ONE DAY OVER ON MY 30 DAY FREE SHIPPING . I HESITATED BEFORE ORDERING THIS ITEM BECAUSE OF THE SHIPPING CHARGE, WHICH IS 10% OF THE PRICE OF WHAT I ORDERED.

sharonw23
8/13/14

They have so much merchandise - you can't go wrong on this site - I planned to do my whole house over with just this one site.

carolinae
8/13/14

Great prices, however I would have liked to have seen the merchandise in a setting in order to get a better idea of the product and how it would like in my home.

elizabeths60
8/12/14

I absolutely refuse to order anything until they put a search feature on their website. I want to be able to look at ALL the daybeds - not just the one they include in a particular collection. It frustrates me to distraction that there is no way to search. I mean, I get it - they want to force us to scroll and scroll through everything, hoping we will impulse-buy something cute -- but don't they see that we may be looking for something specific? And if we can't find it, we'll look somewhere else?? C'mon, Joss and Main -- give us a search box!

adsc1
8/12/14

The products look good and inspiring. I haven't bought anything from it yet. But I have to say the website is not intuitive. It creates different themes for shopping. But if I come here just looking for a particular item say a mudroom hanger/cabinet, the site makes it almost impossible to search. I have to plow through various themes and go item by item to look for it. That's stupid!

stellaw9
8/11/14

Love the Sea Side feeling ! Very delicate in color ! I got a Nautical Necklace & Bracelet from you in June & get lots of compliments ! So I have passed on "Joss Main" website to them !

ericc59
8/9/14

I love this company so much!
I shop the website often and brows all the time! I have turned numerous clients and friends on to the website .I just helped a good friend redecorate her hair salon and we bought several pieces of furniture and art. I just found another art piece for her tonight and purchased a new art piece for my salon as well.
Amazing customer service!!!
I can't say enough good!
Love Joss and Main!!!

raym460
8/5/14

Second time ordering from Joss and Main. First time we received a second shipment which we thought we were going to have to pay for. However, once we spoke with a sales rep we were encouraged to keep or donate the second shipment at no charge. The customer service is what earned our trust and has allowed my wife and I to relax and enjoy shopping or browsing at Joss and Main. Ps. Great items at great sales prices. We do recommend Joss and Main.

Ray and Angela

bethm26
8/4/14

It is absolutely bad business not to be able to return an item for a full credit, minus the shipping. In addition, it was not until the last screen in the checkout process that teh '$150 Additional Shipping' fee populated on the screen, on top of a $9.95 Standard Shipping Fee. Together the shipping costs seem exorbitant for a relatively small coffee table. I will likely not shop at Joss&Main again for these reasons. I just really wanted the particular item that I ordered and could get it the fastest from this site.

audreym7
8/2/14

Joss & Main has great quality houseware items, service and delivery not to mention their great prices and discounts!

wendeer
8/1/14

The email I received promised free shipping, however it did not give a code and the shipping was still charged anyways. The ten minute timer on items you put in your cart is really annoying to. Especially when you have little kids that can easily interrupt your online shopping for more than 10 minutes.

jillb24
7/31/14

This site is amazing for ideas and styles. The prices are so reasonable as well. Just wish they shipped overseas!

maryc84
7/30/14

Very poor quality items, so disappointing. Shipping and tax details are unclear until after order has been placed. Very difficult to navigate site. I won't be buying again.

danac27
7/25/14

I was so super happy when I spoke with the customer service girl today.
And, now I want to cry as I was moving things I wish to purchase into the love category for now. Meanwhile the RUG 9x12 approx. disappeared ??
I know it's available and it was an important purchase.
Please help me find it again?!!!

joanl8
7/23/14

I just love all the awesome things from Jossandmain.com. I am very pleased. ThankYou!
Joan Lawrence
Tulsa

ehsnd
7/22/14

Great site, but the ease of finding certain items was a little difficult. Too many items grouped in one category. It's still a great site and the prices are very good so I will continue to wade my way through the items and, hopefully, it will get easier.

suet14
7/21/14

I am completely dissatisfied with their return policy. Joss & Main makes it so difficult to return an item -- I assume in hopes that you'll get so frustrated and tired of trying to accomplish the task that you'll just give up and keep the item. After going through all the ridiculous emails to get a return label via email, I find it impossible to print the label. BAD deal!

crystalz
7/21/14

Product came quickly and all pieces seem to be there. It's a chandelier so it has not been hardwired and tested yet. What I am most upset about is after receiving it and finding out the manufactuar I found out that I ended up paying an extra $170 on Joss and Main than the original price from the original manufactuar. Will not purchase from here again unless I know it's absolutely 70% off as they state. Make sure you do your homework before purchasing!

chasityr
7/20/14

I'm flipping mad with them and will never buy from Joss and Main again.
This has Not been a good shopping experience. I placed my order on May 1st. It has been 2 1/2 months to finally receive my order from Joss and Main. After waiting all this time, they shipped me a small when I clearly ordered a large. The shipping receipt says large yet they shipped me a small. I watched Joss and Main sell this item over the last few months while others received their orders promptly I had to sit and wait for mine because I ordered a large. Now I have received a small. This is fraudulent and I'm angry over this entire experience. Add to that, the zipper has no toggle so even if my pets could make use of the small, I'd not be able to unzip this thing with out finding tools.

marthas23
7/20/14

I have ordered several times from Joss and Main and have always been satisfied with the merchandise that I have received. I cannot resist placing an order when I receive their email.

carterb21
7/20/14

Fantastic product line and good prices on the front end...... BUT just got stabbed when checking out with a $175.00 shipping charge and that is WAY too high as I ship items across the country. AND for this high cost of shipping, all I received was about 2 weeks on the delivery. That's not good business

gingerr3
7/17/14

I have ordered a number of items from Joss and Main and have been very satisfied with the quality of their merchandise and their return policy. I look at their website everytime I get an email from them...love their products and their prices!

Best Online Furniture Stores Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber