US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

janiceb13

I like the selection, I like the customer service, I like the prices. (in 101 reviews)

jillm18

I love Joss & Main because it has: a wide assortment of products; good prices; great customer service. (in 32 reviews)

maryl103

My home is filled with items ordered from this site. (in 223 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

at475
9/1/15

I have purchased several pieces of furniture, lighting, accent pieces, area rugs, and decor from Joss & Main since I moved into a new house 18 months ago. Having spent over $10,000 on these purchases, I have had many opportunities to utilize this business. The styles I mainly shop for are contemporary, transitional, industrial, and perhaps a little modern with an earthy twist. Many, many times the products I received exceeded my expectations with regards to the quality of the products. My home has become a real show piece which impresses my guests. Joss and Main keeps up with the freshest, newest trends and styles in home decor which often surprises me when I see a similar item on one of the more popular home furnishing websites several months later. The people putting together the collections they sell really know their trade. The shipping is dependable, and I often receive my items earlier than expected. I feel I am getting great deals on the products I order and the cost savings are one of the aspects which bring me back again and again. I don't need to wait for a special discount code or holiday shopping to find great deals since they are always there. Finally, I've interacted with customer service regarding 3 items which needed attention. The company always contacted me back after my initial request and resolved my issues to my satisfaction. I would highly recommend this website for a positive and quality shopping experience.

Tip for consumers: If you love an item but the sale ends and it is no longer available, it will often come back for sale again. (Also make sure you mark 'love' on the item page so the staff knows you have your eyes on it....they pay attention.) I've had my eye on a dining room table set for about 4 weeks but had to think it over. During this time frame, it went on sale on 3 different occasions and I finally purchased it today.

deving7
8/31/15

Ordered a painting. cancelled within 5 minutes for a different size. Said i have to wait for the painting to process and then they would not ship it out and refund me. They did not cancel. I got tracking number and had them re route the painting i did not want. They then said i have to wait till after my expected delivery date for the refund. It has been 3 weeks. No refund. 6 total calls and over an hour in wait times.

debbief20
8/31/15

Luv to shop on this site. There is always new things. Luv the free shipping policy.

janellen1
8/29/15

Tough time getting to the search bar. The final sale/check out should allow you to continue shopping in case an item didn't show up, which mine did not. I had to enter and start over. Also when you finish entering the credit card info, it doesn't submit, just stays. Had to try that one 5 times.

carold35
8/26/15

I Love Joss and Main. They have a ton of wonderful things from towels to lamps the table décor. Prices are pretty good some things are better than others, but over all it's a Great Site. I will continue to shop there and tell others.

Shopping Polar Bear

joellynb
8/26/15

As an Interior Decorator, who no longer has a storefront, due to the demise of small businesses around NH, it's a joy to jump on here and find something a client can "drool" over, without having to place larger orders to make a minimum.

It's actually relaxing to shop here, and my feet don't get sore, like at the Markets!

barbarad37
8/26/15

This is a great web site. I found many items that would be perfect for furnishing my dream home and would recommend it to anyone.

terip4
8/26/15

I've spent thousands of dollars at Joss & Main during the past few years decorating my new home. At first shipment was fast and items were at least as described with the exception of faux flowers - they are really cheap looking. I have, on rare occasion, received something broken and they replaced the items fairly quickly. However, recently the items have been very cheap, descriptions not accurate, and delivery is hit-and-miss. Yesterday, I ordered from my iPad app and all the items did not show when I pressed the order button. When the confirmation came up, I saw that an item I thought I removed was still on the order so I called them immediately (within 5 minutes). The CS rep said she removed the order and I would get an email showing that it was removed and a credit on my card. I got an email the next day but it said they were sorry but the order had already processed for shipping and they could not cancel it. I emailed them back and said it could not possibly have processed within the 5 or 10 minutes between the order placement and my call and got another email saying that it had already processed and I could return it for credit minus the shipping to me and pay for the shipment or return it and take a store credit minus the shipping. It was a large item so I don't want to pay for the shipment and, since they lied about it being processed for shipping already, I will never order from them again so the store credit will do me no good. I'll bet that even though they say it has processed for shipping I still won't receive it for at least 2 months.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy faux flowers, they look beautiful in the photos but when you get them they're cheap looking. Don't count on dimensions being correct. Usually materials and colors are okay but it happens very often that dimensions are way off - even on standard items like sheets and bedding. NEVER count on getting your item when they say you will. Pay attention to the different "stores" because an item may be in several different ones and priced differently. I've found things $10 cheaper! Also a

marilyng8

Do away with passwords!

kw82
8/25/15

NEVER buy from them if you need the delivery date to be anywhere accurate. They give you ship dates that constantly change. I had to change the bed I was buying 3 times to try to receive it by the time I moved. Each time I was told it would be delivered on time and then I would receive subsequent emails changing the delivery date.

leea72
8/25/15

I have to give a couple of stars because sometimes I see things on Joss & Main that are unique and interesting. But I have so many times found items that are available on Amazon or Overstock but priced so much higher on Joss & Main that I am shocked. Recent example: Example: Faye IndoorOutdoor Pillow, sale priced $43.99. You can buy a PAIR of the very same pillows on Amazon for $46. That's nearly 100% higher price. This is not the first time. I provided some feedback to J&M customer service about it, thinking it could just be a mistake. Their response? "We encourage shoppers to shop around." Loosely translated: Buyer Beware. I've placed my last order with them. I just can't support that kind of arrogance.

sandrac45
8/24/15

Wow! great value for High Quality sheets! You won't be disappointed.

susank57
8/24/15

I purchased a bed from joss and main that was described as wood and metal. When I assembled the bed I found out the only metal were the screws! When I called customer service I was told "your buying online and not to believe everything you read) could you imagine! I was blown away! Next email I received from them they refunded me some money and my shipping cost. I am able to return the bed within 30 days without a box as I threw that away! Very poor customer service! By the way I have to keep the bed for a week as my son is getting married and my guests needed a bed to sleep on!

reginaf7
8/24/15

Easy to order, but would like the option to send item to someone as a gift..and be able to put a gift card in it.

cherylm50
8/24/15

I find that Joss & Main has quality products at very good discounts. I have made 3 purchases: from bed sheets to a coffee table and each item was exactly as pictured and described and arrived in excellent condition. I thoroughly recommend them to anyone that is looking for good quality products at discounted prices!

Cheryl Maxwell
Grass Valley, CA

deborahl28
8/24/15

Seem to have things I could not find anywhere else and shipping is quick

sueh40
8/23/15

Construction is typical for this price point, adequate. Love the look as side curtains. These really could use a liner for privacy and to enhance the cool pattern.

janetc35
8/21/15

I am in the process of re-doing and up-dating a home i just purchased. i have found some of the most wonderful home furnishings, at great prices, good quality, shipping is very good,
nothing damaged . Joss and Main have been a wonderful source for me!!!!!

judithk6
8/21/15

I just bought the aramis mosaic trinket boxes (1 set of 3). They are beautiful, but not the color as seen on the web. Each computer screen has different colors and it is always risky buying on-line for that reason. It would help If Joss & Main would include a detailed description of the COLOR of the item as well as dimensions of the item. Don't call turquoise, blue.

charisman
8/20/15

I bought my bed from Joss&Main and have ordered few more petty things today since I had free shipping. But if you are anything like me, you should browse all sales. Just scan through it as its not always expensive and you can find something very pretty, unique, stylish and yet affordable.

Don't take my word for it, Go Figure!

Only thing I am not too fond of is the shipping charges system. I mean this order today was more influenced by me having only few days left rather than the need for those things.

However, its now bookmarked as my first-stop store for anything for Home. :)

debbiew39
8/20/15

Love to shop any time, any where and save money buying unique items! It's a win, win at Joss and Maine!

connien10
8/20/15

You can -not beat these prices for such quality. I am so impressed with the large number of choices you have to choose from. I just ordered a set of sheets and a comforter set in the king size and you can't even shop well known stores to get the quality and for the price that I paid for my order! I will place another order in the near future. Thank you Joss & Main!

kathiv1
8/19/15

I love this site. I always find something that will compliment my decor. I would have given 5 stars, but I hate the Cart timer! At least give me 15 minutes, not just 10. Otherwise, terrific!

kayl315
8/18/15

Just today received 2 chairs I ordered from Joss & Main. Unboxed the first one, and though it looked nice, it had a crack on the leg. I assumed it was a superficial blemish, so I sat on it to test it out. It was probably the most uncomfortable chair I have ever sat in, but then, to add insult to injury, the leg broke off! (I am not overweight, btw.) I'm now on the phone with "customer service" and they want to charge me $300 to ship the chairs back. NEVER AGAIN. We have a couch on the way as well, but now there is noooooo way I will accept the delivery of the couch. Can't imagine how much THAT would cost me to ship back!! How is this Oman still in business?!?

vanessas25
8/17/15

Great products, great prices and wonderful customer service!!! I have bought nuberous things through Joss and Main and have loved everything!

heidir16
8/16/15

I love everything I see on Joss & Main,wish I could buy it all!

judies4
8/16/15

I love the items I see in print and only hesitate because I am not with the product in a store. I have ordered from you and been very please so this is another leap of faith that this picture will be as vivid as shown. Thank you!

cynthiat8
8/15/15

Your products are always exactly as pictured... Good quality and excellent prices.

beverlyb32
8/15/15

I have decorated by guest bathroom in coastal décor and this picture fits in perfectly.

darlenep10

Good so far

teris5
8/15/15

I have never been disappointed when ordering from Joss & Main! I shop for Gifts and for my self! ENJOY! I always do!

sharonc52
8/13/15

Great quality, selection and prices! Will shop here again.

cg47
8/10/15

Joss and Main has tons of unique items !

lindah94
8/10/15

This is my first purchase from this business. The entire process was quite easy. I have been updating my home and found some drapes to purchase. I am pleased with the details of the drapes and the bargain price at which I purchased them. I'm looking forward to their arrival and inspection to see if they live up to my expectations. Overall, I am very pleased.

elizabethb88
8/10/15

FOUND LOTS OF ITEMS THAT I NEED AND COULDN'T FIND ELSEWHERE!

claireb40
8/10/15

Just love to check out what is new, styles are so varied that it is easy to pick gifts for friends with all their individual styles-and I usually find something new and perfect for me too!

jennifers146
8/10/15

Wish you provided the option to do expedited shipping

jog16
8/9/15

Wonderful selection, great quality.

susanm138

Very easy ordering process!! Joss & Main very good website. Good prices

archiew16
8/8/15

Very classy, colorful, unique items. Great for seeking gift items, as well as for your pleasure.

leighanal

I don't want this order, They are charging me 20.00 extra for shipping that
is out of line. My order was 4.dollars and some change. Its just not right. They charged me before I could cancel it.
Leighana Lewis

madelinekayo

It says that I would get free shipping, however I WAS CHARGED FOR SHIPPING. NOT
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiml52
8/8/15

I ordered some of the products online over the holidays 2014. However, I was disappointed that it took over 2 weeks for the custom jewelry products to came in. It came from a vendor that Joss & Main affiliated with, so my gifts to my sister did make it time for her BD, which was near Christmas. Since then I have been hesitate to order anything from J&M although I do see they have many beautiful home decorations. Last but not least, I would give them 4 stars but their website is very confusing to navigate to view the products. I think they should simplify it so its not too overwhelming.

marthad16
8/7/15

I love the selection of merchandise that you offer. It is so varied and so attractive compared to what some other sites offer. Love the decorating items and kitchen items.

joanc34
8/7/15

Has very good buys on unique items for every decorating style

rosemarym8
8/6/15

I fell in love with the item I got at first site. The only thing I am not happy with is the shipping charge. I thought it was kind of high, did not like that.

marym206
8/5/15

Thank you for the quick response to my questions and concerns. I appreciate it.

maxinej
8/5/15

I have waited over 9 weeks for a picture to be delivered. They took no responsibility but said they will chase it up. I have now asked for a refund. As a why of apologies they offer to sell me the same picture at the reduced price I payed for. Shocking. Will never use them again. And I have told my friends and family to not bother with them

melindab8
8/4/15

Great site for finding lamps, rugs, accessories, side chairs. Items are well packed, and the one time I had to contact a CSR, I received a prompt answer that solved my problem (chair legs were zipped inside the underside of the chair. I never would have thought to look there!)

However, after experiencing a Gotta Have It moment following an HGTV show they sponsor, I ordered a large sideboard. Delivery company changed the delivery schedule twice, including late the evening before delivery. They showed up hours before the revised time they'd emailed me, and left a mirrored sideboard ON END on my porch, even though it was clearly marked fragile, glass, and this (other) end up. Color of sideboard was also off from what was pictured on website. (BTW, don't tell me it's monitor settings: I viewed it on several computers, and a phone,while I tussled with myself about placing the order), plus it was featured prominently on the TV show, where it was a much brighter, glossier color. (The TV show referred you to their site to find items contestants had used, and J&M would email you a link before the show ended to find them, too.)

To add insult to injury, a couple of days after delivery, I discovered the exact same item for almost $300 less on their parent site, Wayfair. Joss and Main is supposed to be a flash sale site, but the Wayfair had a far better deal. From now on, I will search Wayside prior to purchasing on J&M. TIP: The item names are different, but search keywords from the descriptions and you'll find the item if it's on the other site.

I would not hesitate to use J&M for small items that can be delivered easily via Fedex and the like, but for larger items requiring truck delivery, no way would I do it again unless I could specify any other delivery company than the one they used. And items this large are virtually impossible to return if you don't like them. It's kind of a "learn to love them" moment.

Tip for consumers: Compare prices to their parent site, Wayfair.com before purchase. Items will have different names. Pull keywords from the description and search, because sometimes the other site will have the lower price.

susand62
8/4/15

I have high maintenance taste but short on funds...Just finished putting my last child through college so I haven't been able to do some of the things I like...BUT along came Joss and Main and I've been able to purchase some nice and unique things for my home and not blow out my bank account!

32 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Joss & Main staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Love your selection, but I do have to tell you that it is a pain in the rear to go on your site. As a busy designer I do not have the time or the memory to remember to always remember a feaking password. Only issue
4/8/15
Answer
susano13
A: Use your tablet.....and you won't have to use your password unless you want to by something. I do agree that on the computer it is a pain.
4/8/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: do you deliver larger items off this site to Canada and are there any additional charges
4/16/15
Answer
susanw58
A: I'm a Canadian customer who ordered 2 smaller items as gifts (1 weighed quite a bit, though). I was charged BOTH STANDARD US DOMESTIC SHIPPING & INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING! I couldn't believe that shipping could be so much (over $100 US), so I unsubscribed from their website. Guess what? Two weeks ago I saw one of the products I'd purchased for sale at Winners for a fraction of the cost I'd payed. My advice: tempting pictures, but Canadian Buyers Beware! (I hope this helps!)
4/16/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Joss & Main staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

22 Photos for Joss & Main