US Government's NSF

230 Reviews for Joss & Main

▼ Sort by: recent

stacym40
10/1/14

I LOVE Joss and Main, thought I had hit the home décor & furniture jackpot when I discovered this site a few years ago. Everyday I love to shop their site for the new events, it gives me motivation to decorate my new home and my family and friends homes. But after countless orders of damaged items, items that don't look anything like the photo on the website and orders being cancelled or take 3 months to arrive... I think I'm done!!

Today was it for me, I had ordered a metal wall hanging for a wall space in my house that has been empty for 6 months, thought I had found the perfect item, but when it arrived I was very disappointed, the look, color and shape were not as I expected. I promptly contacted customer service and they are issuing a refund as I type this. But this isn't the first time I've come across an issue like this. J&M does a great job of showing a photo or two of an item and you think that's what your going to get, but its not. Colors are not described or photographed properly, descriptions are not accurate and shapes and mechanics of an item are not as they seem.

I will say Customer Service has always been top notch, when I've called on an order that took 3+ months they were on top of it, if something is damaged they offer a credit very quickly and when I've inquired on an item regarding manufacturer or product materials they quickly respond. I just wish the product was as good as the service!!

My suggestion to Joss & Main would be to include more photos, fronts, backs and close ups of colors and to also give more detailed descriptions.

The 2 stars I've given are for the items I ordered but I would give customer service 5 stars! Photos attached are the photo from the event in photo 1 and photo 2 is how the items is so warped and damaged it can't even hang properly on the wall.

Tip for consumers: Emails customer service for questions of who manufacturers the item and for additional photos.

janiceb13
9/30/14

I love your site. I like the selection, I like the customer service, I like the prices. I have been very happy with my many purchases for my new home.

mimih4
9/26/14

I ordered 8 different rugs last weekend. They cancelled all of my orders without even notifying me when I was waiting for shipping information on my rugs. They finally after I signed into my account to get shipping information sent me one email even though i had 5 different orders. That said sorry we mis priced these items and they are being cancelled. What kind of customer service is that! NONE they are supposed to honor there pricing.

Very upsetting. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!!

yvonnef2
9/25/14

If you can't even get onto the website without giving them your e-mail address, something is very wrong.

shelbym29
9/25/14

Joss and Main Review -
This site does not honor its pricing. What is the point of getting email updates a couple of times a day for items on sale if they can cancel your order at anytime if they priced the item incorrectly on THEIR site in THEIR advertisement. It falsifies the whole company and what it stands for. Don't order from the site. Its a waste of time.

hazelb12
9/24/14

What a great experience. J&M have so much to explore and at your own pace. They offer everything for your home then some. Enjoy, enjoy!!! If you like browsing and know what you are looking for you will find it here!!! Just try to control yourself or maybe not just have a good time.

Tip for consumers: Be ready to dream away!!!

jandmb
9/24/14

I love Wayfair and naturally assumed Joss & Main would be on the same level since Wayfair owns J&M. Wrong! I was in the process of buying a bed that I've been stalking over on Wayfair. I saw it was priced almost $200 less at J&M. When I went to "place my order" the item rang up more than the price of Wayfair. When they include the $125 for "additional shipping", you quickly realize you aren't getting a deal at all. Plus I didn't like the shipping details stating buyer is responsible for moving the items from their truck to curb side. Please! Wayfair needs to revamp the company big time. In the meantime, I'll continue to admire the items they have but won't go so far as purchasing from them.

Tip for consumers: Before placing your order, visit other reputable online companies who may be selling that same item and start comparing. Don't be surprised you aren't getting a good deal with J&M.

julier17
9/23/14

Ordered a rug at a low price a day later they canceled the order because the price was a computer error. I called and waited on the phone for 15 min only to receive terrible service. Do not trust this company--they don't honor their prices, they don't value their customers.

shannar1
9/23/14

Joss & Main made a mistake on pricing for a rug that I ordered. I looked everywhere for the perfect rug - found it - and now they have cancelled my order based on a mistake that THEY made. It's so unfortunate as I love browsing their site and often find unique items. I'm amazed that they are not honoring their posted price, they obviously don't care about their reputation. I'm in the process of staging a house and in the spring will be furnishing our new home.....BIG MISTAKE JOSS & MAIN, BIG MISTAKE. You have lost a customer for life.

jays287
9/23/14

I ordered a rug and following day they canceled my order. They stated the price was wrong. I was charged in full sent a conformation and a estimated ship date. I spoke to a customer sales representative who said they would not even offer me a discount on the item. They also stated this is a common issue with Joss and Main. This site is a waste of time. They should have honored their mistake and completed placed orders. It is now two days later and i have still not seen a refund on my credit card.

annies29
9/22/14

I ordered a rug from this Merchant and they cancelled my order because they claimed they inadvertently charged the same price for all the sizes.of the rug. I went back and checked on line and the price for the smallest rug was 3 times the size of the rug I had ordered. Not only did they not honor the price on line, they wouldn' t even offer free shipping or a coupon for a replacement order. I will never order from this merchant again.

Tip for consumers: don't

hannahj11
9/22/14

Cancelled orders when they made a pricing mistake on certain items. I understand doing this, but doing it more than 72 hours after the purchase and not refunding the shipping charge on other items purchased to ship freely with mispriced item, absolutely not okay. Much better websites to buy from!

maryl103
9/21/14

Simply put, I LOVE JOSSANDMAIN! My home is filled with items ordered from this site. I am inspired by and love to put together from the fire sale themes that reflects my decorating style. My style tends to be contemporary, glam, chic, a bit Hollywood (I am after all, from southern California) but love organic living as well. JossandMain offers every taste of home decor (and fashion accessories) that a design craze like me can only dream of accessing. I am obsessed! My home is work in progress but happy to fill it with JossandMain collection.

bettyn8
9/21/14

Unfortunately what you see on the screen looks better than what you get in real life. For some reason, in the three orders, something has been broken. I don't know who is handling the shipping end, but it has been a problem. I'm trying them one more time, and if I have the same issue, I won't buy from them anymore.

Stuff on screen looks better than in real life, quality wise.

crystalb8
9/21/14

I absolutely love Joss and Main. Beautiful items at great prices. Customer service is beyond amazing. I've bought a desk, chair, ottoman, jewelry box, tray, pet bed, wall art, bedding, dresser, storage towers, picture frame, faux flowers, pillows, etc... and will definitely purchase again!

lisag52
9/20/14

Joss & Main never disappoints me! Whether you are just perusing their beautiful merchandise, or buying some lovely items for home décor, you will not be disappointed! Their variety is never dull, and the only reason that I don't get on their site is to take a little respite from shopping, because it's rare that I visit their site and not make a purchase. I have only had to return items on one occasion, and it was quite simple and painless! I have compared their prices with other sites, and the value can't be beat!

sofial8
9/20/14

I found the web sites basket and checkout process a nightmare. I provided the vital bank details etc before I could view and amend my shopping list which didn't work constantly. I had items in my checkout that didn't correspond to the total cost, which doesn't indicate the shipping cost until I agree the nonsense total costs. Emailed customer service as concerned as to the safety of my account details. No one has return my email. Why don't the y have a phone number, amazon do, all uk shopping sites do why not jandm. Don't feel they are trustworthy.

Tip for consumers: Don't use them

path46
9/19/14

Poorly designed web site, cheap quality items, slow delivery, poor customer service, terrible return policy! Don't be fooled by the glitzy photos of items!! I feel like a fool for having fallen for their fakery. Don't buy from this site!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T use it!

aliceg25
9/17/14

Do not shop here!

Service is very poor, items are often late (over 2 months), no refund given for shipping costs, so you end up out of pocket. no compensation for late delivery.
Items are often not as described or the description is very poor and the photos not representive of the item.
The quality of items is poor, they are not high end products.

I have ordered three items on separate occasions from Joss and Main only one transaction has been satisfactory.

I bourght a king size sheet, it was not as discribed on the website, it was jersey cotton not the crisp white cotton sheet with a high thread count that i expected.

The returns does not include the shipping so you will end up out of pocket, this is terrible customer service, other internet sites manage to reinburse customers the full amount, including shipping

The cushions i ordered were over 2 months late being delivered, no discount or compensatin offered. Terrible service. and again once they did arrive they were not as expected. they were not cushions with a cover and an inner but no removeable cover and the material was not as expected and the general quality was very poor. The photos on the site do not represent the products.

I will not be shopping with Joss and Main again, this is not a high end website and it is not good value for money.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it

sherryj9
9/15/14

JOSS & MAIN IS WAYFAIR.

Tip for consumers: Think about cheaper stores that try to set up 'higher end' stores BEFORE you buy. 'Happens all the time.

tammyr13
9/15/14

I enjoy Joss & Main so much! The items are unique and I can always find great bargains for high quality pieces. My kitchen island light fixture shipped quickly, came in perfect condition and was exactly as I hoped it would be. It was priced much lower than any fixtures I had seen anywhere I had shopped in store. I had looked for months at local shops and couldn't find anything to fit my decor and taste. First time I was on the site, there it was and I couldn't be happier! I've just ordered what I hope to be the perfect area rug for the kitchen! I can't wait for it to arrive :)

colew16
9/14/14

See my review under One Kings Lane re this review. Joss & Main is the other site that I get emails from clients about. They mark the items up to high retail and then mark down to average retail as their great price. Just because they ask for an email address to be a member doesn't make all their items a good deal!!

Designer and Retailer

monicay1
9/13/14

I recently purchased and received two Gladys side tables in cream. While they look as expected, the quality of the product is substandard. I am worried that the sides might collapse as they are approximately 1/16th of an inch thick. The purpose of my review is to caution others that not all of the offerings are good quality. I suspect that this type of quality product would be rejected by most big box stores.

lauriec14
9/13/14

GREAT store I found on HGTV! Shopping experience was wonderful! I wish they had a search bar, though. They lose a star because of that. BEAUTIFUL furniture! At least from what I saw on HGTV and on the website!

Tip for consumers: Always check this store. They are ALWAYS running sales! GREAT sales!

patt221
9/12/14

Awesome site to scout out. Found some wonderful items I will come back and get next week if they still have them. Only problem was the site kept crashing on me and I could not control shopping very well. Love the items I purchased, though!

Tip for consumers: You really, really have to shop daily for new items always popping up. Also means you need to buy when available or else they will be gone!

feliciac4
9/7/14

I love Joss and Main!! They have the best value and customer service! If it weren't for them, I couldn't afford to buy such high end, designer quality furnishings for my home. Because of Joss and Main, windows of opportunity are open to me that never were before….. Thanks!!!

patriciar34
9/6/14

Beautiful Pictures and unusual one-of-a-kind products, so many choices and inventory, easy payment directions. Loved the items recommended by the blogger decorator. Love the way you combine the same furniture in so many settings. Pot racks are hard to get in Canada so appreciate this. Excellent sale prices. My only suggestion is: Make instructions clearer for larger items and how they are shipped and what is required of the customer. Do you ship large items to Canada? Items such as sofas, do they have to be assembled? This is the first item I have ordered and hope that the delivery process is as satisfactory as the ordering process. Not sure about the initial deliver of $9.95 - is that free after the first item ordered. Not clear in your explanation.

Tip for consumers: Keep reviewing the emails sent you with product information as sooner or later you will find the item you are looking for at the price you want. I spent two months reviewing products until I finally ordered.

roxannew2
9/5/14

While I have not yet received my items therefor I cannot speak about value for money, packaging and delivery issues, whether colors are true to pictures or durability of the item. However, the range of styles the items, variety of themes and the unique designs of items is VERY attractive and inclusive of all tastes.

I can also speak about a huge issue with this site based on my one experience at purchasing a desired rug. When I had narrowed my selection down to two choices it was apparent that he description of both rugs did NOT match the pictures. So in my attempt to get clarity on these discrepancies my purchase was delayed by 5 days as I tried to glean the accurate information about the items. Both rugs had written descriptions that conflicted greatly with the pictured item: 1) the Harper rug quoted colors not in the rug at all; 2) the other the Adela rug was described as having a trellis design but the pictured item was a plain tufted or shag rug. Between calling the Customer Services dept. & communicating via email, it took 5 days to learn that item (2) was incorrectly named and tagged i.e. it a totally different item name & color; and item (1) required 3 calls to the warehouse and the manufacturers to have the site more accurately report and label the colors. This delay made me miss the free shipping perk that was available on my first day of inquiry & attempted, which was later addressed after my direct request in spite of highlighting this issue in ALL my conversations. But it should be noted that all the Service Reps with whom I spoke were courteous, but some were more effective and detailed that others.

jilll5
9/5/14

Ordered two items in July. Still waiting and it's September! Numerous excuses offered and every time I have a scheduled delivery date it is altered at the last minute. One of the items was completely cancelled without explanation. Dreadful company bad I will never order again.

Tip for consumers: Don't

stephanier22
9/3/14

I have placed a few orders with Joss & Main recently. This past order was a big one--a 15 light chandelier that cost a pretty penny in shipping. We had some difficulties with the local courier they used: the courier didn't call me within the expected window, nor did they return my call after I called them twice that same day; four hours after the expected delivery window, my neighbor came driving up my 1/4 mile long driveway to tell me that some guys were dropping a box at my mailbox because they didn't want to come up the driveway. This was NOT how the Large Parcel Delivery details said it was supposed to happen! I called Joss & Main the following Monday and they promptly (and quite generously) offered to refund my entire shipping charge for the difficulties. They said they want their customers to be happy--I am! And I'll certainly be back after that wonderful display of customer service!

kats12
9/2/14

I have never ordered from Joss and Main, although I do enjoy their products. Everytime I have gone to purchase from them, I have found the item cheaper elsewhere. Well, this morning I clicked on their specials and first thing I see is the vase I just bought yesterday from zgallerie for $32, JossandMain has it on sale for $91!!! My advice is to shop around before buying form them.

Tip for consumers: Shop around before buying

mth1
9/1/14

I attempted to place an order on a featured item. Went through the process and went to check out and was told my cart was empty! I went through all steps several times without any luck. Oh well , this is the last day to order. So much for the cute little rug! What a waste of time!

janes74
9/1/14

Their web site is frustrating. If I wanted to browse, I'd go to a store. When I shop online, I want a SEARCH capability. I'm trying to save time, not waste it scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling. Yech!

chrisd97
9/1/14

I enjoy shopping on this site but have not made many recent purchases due to the change in how shipping is calculated. If I see something inexpensive but have not purchased anything in the last 30 days sometimes the shipping is as much as what I'm interested in and I have no way of knowing if there will be something I want in the next 30 days.

lynnd18
8/31/14

The only way do decorate your home yourself is to visit Joss and Main. They have something for everyone! They bring it all to you in one place.

Tip for consumers: If you see what you want, don't hesitate! Someone else might snap it up.

barbl3
8/30/14

Nice selection of some rather unique things. Would be nice to be able to see shipping costs prior to full selection process, but I did not find the shipping to be overly expensive.

dawnk9
8/28/14

The navigation on the site is poor in terms of being able to search. I get the approach in that they would like consumers to drill down into an event as it exposes them to more product rather than receiving hits for a specific search. The challenge is that, as a consumer, I don't have time to drill down into each event. My recommendation is to provide a service that helps the consumer find definitive results.

susang41
8/28/14

Joss and Main has made waiting for the construction on my new cottage more fun than I imagined possible. The quality is always spot on as stated, the prices great and the one time I spoke w/ Customer service it was delightful. Why would I not want to send J&M all my money.
The stuff is wonderfully weird and makes shopping fun.

Tip for consumers: Don't worry.

autumnc
8/28/14

love this site have made several purchases sometimes it takes a little bit to get it but it's worth the wait

Tip for consumers: don't wait till the last minute to order 3 to 4 weeks before you need it would be advisable

janetp13
8/28/14

Easy to navigate website. I like the sales but sometimes the supposed retail prices are higher than you can buy elsewhere. I bought an item that was supposedly on sale but was actually the same price as elsewhere. I bought it anyway as I was already placing an order.

Tip for consumers: Make sure and check prices elsewhere before you purchase. Sometimes they have a great price, sometimes not.

ts91
8/27/14

Disappointing shopping experience!

• While the site is attractive, it is far from user-friendly. If there is a smart-search feature, I wasn't able to find it. I had to shop through each collection and scan for my specific need: dressers - timely and annoying.
• Advertised "Free Shipping" (which actually only covers the $9.95 "standard shipping" rate;) not the extra $400 in "additional shipping" I incurred!? Not false advertising; just tricky marketing tactics!
• Lastly, the shopping cart has a count-down clock. Considering how hard it is to find what I'm looking for on the site, don't pressure me to find everything in 10 minutes before you erase my cart's contents!

rebeccar20
8/26/14

We ordered the gorgeous mirrored Philomena three drawer cabinet for our newly renovated kitsch. THe shipping was nearly equal to the price and the total was over $900. It took a month to arrive, and when it did, we were shocked by its cheapness. The drawers have to be wrestled like rodeo animals, such is their stickiness. The interior finish is paper. Overall, we are extremely disappointed with this product and with its sluggish delivery time.We will not order from this site again.

Tip for consumers: Don't

kerryg5
8/22/14

I just ordered a large print from them. When it arrived it was in 3 pieces, not one as shown. I can return it, but shipping's at my cost, both ways, and they refuse to make it right! This is horrendous customer service.

candaceg3
8/21/14

This sight is the cat's meow. You can do all your shopping right here from bed linens, any type of furniture, kitchen items to little green elves for your yard, all here. You can check back every day for new surprises. I"ll see you here---just kidding

Tip for consumers: You won't have any reason not to!

inayas
8/20/14

I attempted to order a very beautiful Safavieh rug from Joss & Main. After waiting a week, I received a notification that the rug had shipped. A week after that, there was still no activity on the rug. FedEx never received the rug, and Joss & Main never bothered to do anything about it. I kept getting brushed off by customer service reps, who would give me very weak excuses, or promise that they would follow up with the warehouse (and then never would). I had also ordered a non-slip rug mat, and that finally shipped (what good was the mat without the rug, though?).
I eventually, after two weeks, told them to cancel my order. If they have issues in fulfilling orders, they need to be upfront and honest about it.

Due to the fact that no apparent attempt was ever made to actually resolve the issue, I couldn't help but feel that the company is a scam, and only actually fulfills enough orders to keep from having federal charges brought up against them. I will not be ordering from them ever again, nor from their other companies (Wayfair is one, and I'm looking into Overstock.com. to see if there is a possible affiliation).

Tip for consumers: Don't order from this group of companies!

alisong10
8/18/14

I been regularly purchasing items from Joss and Main for approximately 6 months and am so impressed by everything I have received. However this is what I expect from a first rate company, what does surprise me though is how amazing their customer service department is, so helpful. I first contacted them because I wanted to source an item that had gone out of stock, their response was fantastic and really personal. As a professional designer its great to be so confident in a resource, I have Joss and Main products in my own home and happily recommend Joss and Main to my clients.

Tip for consumers: Buy confidently, you will not be disappointed!

bethb17
8/17/14

Phenomenal quality products for your home, office, beach house or apartment with classic to trendy styles at affordable prices!

frang2
8/17/14

I continue to have trouble going from selecting an item to paying for it. This is the first time I've been able to complete a sale. Hopefully the delivery and product order will be better.

Tip for consumers: Patience

denisez2
8/15/14

I have shopped this site for a few months now and I love every item that I have purchased. Good quality merchandise. Love the wine racks in the bathroom to store extra towels and washcloths. Got that idea from Pinterest.

Tip for consumers: When first opening website click on full website.

sharonw24
8/15/14

FREE SHIPPING ALL THE TIME, I AM ONE DAY OVER ON MY 30 DAY FREE SHIPPING . I HESITATED BEFORE ORDERING THIS ITEM BECAUSE OF THE SHIPPING CHARGE, WHICH IS 10% OF THE PRICE OF WHAT I ORDERED.

Best Online Furniture Stores Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber