US Government's NSF
pw13

72 Reviews for JossandMain

▼ Sort by: recent

4/17/14

I really love Joss and Main. I have purchased everything from light fixtures to furniture and I have never been disappointed. I love how the site changes daily and look forward to browsing the new sales everyday. It is a perfect site for new homeowners who need to furnish and decorate their house!

4/17/14

Very Professional - the company had my credit on the computer and everyhing was handled instantly. Can't ask for more.

4/15/14

Love the site, I only don't like that I can't search it when I want to go back to look for something. Fortunately I had like it on facebook and was able to get back into it from there to order the chairs. Also I wasn't sure about the $15 since I put it on facebook

4/14/14

I've ordered several items from Joss & Main over the past month and all but one are going back due to extremely low quality. They do a terrific job of making things look good in photos, but what you actually get is no where near the value in which you pay. The quality is the cheapest of the cheap. Of the four furniture items recently purchased, one didn't even survive shipping to the house.

4/12/14

So far ordered rugs. Great Rugs Great Price

4/11/14

Ordered a Butler Furniture brand "Summerton Armchair" from them. In the pic, it looks like butter yellow fabric. The chair arrived timely, but it's TAN stripe. Also the chair is in 8 pieces and must be assembled! And to cap it all off, the back of the chair has a grease stain on it right in the middle, and the backing on the bottom was left untrimmed. Even the wood finish in the pic was deceptive. It's supposed to be whitewashed, but it's painted MDF. Butler and J&M should be ashamed and anyone thinking of buying this chair should think again. BTW, the delivery guy said it was from "Wayfair" and when I said, No, Joss and Main, he replied that a lot of folks say that, but it came from Wayfair, so I guess they own J&M. Beware.

4/10/14

This website has great products, but good luck getting them in any reasonable time frame. Order now which is pending for 2 months and counting. They also tried to scam me with a phone call to "reprocess" my credit card, only to bill me an extra $300. I would try to stay away from this website.

4/10/14

This is the WORST website I have ever used. There is NO search function. I was going to buy the sheepskin rug, but no way to search and find it on this site. It is VERY UNFRIENDLY customer experience to have to enter an email and password just to browse the site!!!! These two bad processes are going to turn customers away. I will likely never go to this site for anything again because it is so cumbersome to use.

4/9/14

First time, saw your name Joss & Main on WND site today! So, I thought I would see what you are about. Name sounded familiar. Found the two things I was looking for, for months! A ruffled bedskirt, which is not easy to find, at a fantastic price $30.95. Then a 15"H x16"x !6" foot stool, padded, leather, just the right one for me, at half the price of others that I've seen, just $42.95. You know, I'll be back!

4/8/14

I find this site VERY enjoyable - borderline addicting! I love checking out new events almost on a daily basis. It's fun to see what you can find and what good deals are out there. I try and find things that are affordable since a lot of it is quite pricey, even at a discount. I have told family and friends to check out this site.

4/4/14

I absolutely love Joss & Main...I have ordered several things from this site and i have always been completely satisfied...It is my favorite site to shop hands down!....however, the shipping charges are ludicrous!!! Yes i know, i have been in retail for 20+ years, because we (the consumers) get a discount on the product and the product ships from other warehouses you can't control the charges. bla, bla, bla!!!! You need to figure it out...a loyalty program or free shipping on weds...because i can honestly say...i have not ordered 3 products recently because the shipping has been crazy!! I paid $10 shipping today for a $14 item. I broke down because I know it's unique, but it still bothered me tremendously...Why can't you have a general shipping charge for the quantity of items...excluding oversized? something needs to change!!
Signed....your favorite, loyal, frustrated customer!!!

4/2/14

I love the products. The concern is with the length that it takes to receive them. I have been waiting over a month for a mirror that was supposed to be shipped in March then received an email stating it would ship by April and when I review my orders it just shows that it is still processing...

3/31/14

Descriptions are not detailed enough, need more pictures of items

3/31/14

When I went to order, the company insisted on me using my user name and my password. I had forgotten my password & they came up with a prompt to click on if you had forgotten your password. The rub is nothing happened when I clicked on it - several times. I was getting nervous as time was clicking away on this item. So I went out of the order form, and clicked on the prompt my account which gave me the chance to ask the company to send me a way to create a new password. I did this, but by the time I went back to the order form, they said the time had expired.

I did get the item however. I didn't appreciate the hassle I had to go through because the original request for a forgotten password didn't work.

3/30/14

Has very interesting items but I wish they had free shipping or at least had free shipping coupons.for their smaller items.

3/30/14

don't know yet until I receive my order

3/27/14

They only got one star because there is no way to give zero. Ordered multiple items, of the few that did end up shipping, none arrived in a timely manner (meaning 4-6 weeks after the estimated shipping date). I emailed and called customer service a couple of times and would get the response "the items are now in our warehouse and will ship in 1-2 days"- 2 weeks later still didn't have them. One of the items I ordered was cancelled a week later and I was never notified. Will never order from them again! Joss and Main could learn a lot from One Kings Lane.

3/25/14

The rug I ordered has some defects. Upon contacting Joss and Main they exceeded my expectations in resolving the problem. My experience is 5 stars. I haven't read the reviews on this site that lead to a 1.5 star rating, but again my experience was without question 5 stars.

3/24/14

I attempted to place an order for a rug. It did NOT go through, so I bought a rug elsewhere. A month later I received an email stating the rug had been shipped, and noticed they charged my credit card for the purchase. I immediately contacted them and told them I did not order the rug, as the order never went through. I asked them to cancel the rug shipment. They confirmed that the order had not gone through as they had been experiencing a website glitch at the time. However, they proceeded to ship the rug. I live overseas and use a diplomat mailing service through the local US Embassy. We only have access to USPS for mailing purposes, and a 5x7 foot rug isn't something you can just pop in the mail. The rug arrived, and they insisted I return it via FedEx before I could receive a refund. I would love to send it back, but don't have access to FedEx, and when I pointed this out, they ceased responding to my emails. I am now stuck with a rug I don't want or need, which I have now paid for, with no options for returning it. Their customer service is crap.

3/23/14

WOW! What a bunch of CRAP they are selling! I must admit I got excited in the beginning... I placed multiple orders and since they take about a month to receive, the damage had already been done. So far I have received A BROKEN MIRROR, 2 BENT IRON PHOTO FRAME STANDS, PILLOWS WITH DIFFERENT FABRIC THAN DESCRIBED, A CROOKED ORB, SOLID BOOKENDS THAT SHOWED UP WITH WHITE PAINT ALL OVER THEM, A DAMAGED CLOCK... Should I go on??
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND NEVER ORDER WITH THIS COMPANY, they should be ASHAMED!

3/21/14

$500.00 Purchase - Rec'd Damaged Headboard: Joss & Main left 2 large packages on my doorstep and both of the boxes were damaged and retaped. I didn't get the opportunity to mark the damages on the packing slip because the freight company they use does not require signatures. I wish I knew about this website before I ordered from Joss & Main because the reviews are terrible. They have awful Customer Service. You can't talk to anyone live and they take 24 to 48 hours to write you back. I'm curious to see if they give me a hard time when trying to return my purchase. I don't have much faith after reading these reviews. Thanks for being around JABBER to inform us trustworthy consumers.

3/18/14

Like other said, if there was 0 stars that is what I will chose.

I waited for my order to be shipped for 6 weeks. I finally email them and they said my order was cancelled. They have to learn a lot from Amazon.

3/6/14

A horrible experience! Bought a black canvas bag with tan handles and when it arrived, the bottom had a yellowish color plastic basket weave pattern. It looked ridiculous and was obviously a defect, as the picture didn't show this and why would anyone but a causal canvas bag with a different color and texture on the bottom???? When I called customer service, the response was, sorry, it is not a defect. The site lures you in with deceptively cheaper prices, but the quality of much of their products is less than desirable and you have no recourse. You are stuck with the purchase. I would not take another chance!

3/5/14

Order a couple of small items over a month ago. Got only 1 of the items and it is junk. Such poor quality and worse customer service. Can not get my email answered about my missing items. DO NOT buy from this site. HORRIBLE customer service and poor quality items

3/5/14

Can I give this site zero stars? Horrible quality on a $200 rug. It's like they sent me a burlap potato sack with a design and asked me to put it on the floor. Way better quality anywhere else. Ikea for a $50 rug would be 10x better. Site looks so nice but stay away. Shame in them for such a garbage site. My fault for not googling reviews first. Lesson learned and deleting app now.

3/4/14

I placed an order before checking the reviews! Shame on me. I placed an order in mid-February and it was supposed to arrive today. I went in to my account to check the status... and it simply still say's "Processing". I've sent them an email. It'll be interesting to see what the response is and based on the information I am reading here, likely not favorable. If and when I do receive my order, I am not optimistic about it's condition. If it does work out, I'll certainly add to this, until then...

3/1/14

I recently ordered a rug for my dining room, and have serious buyer's remorse. The rug is wool, as advertised, but is incredibly shoddy quality. Despite regular vacuuming, it continues to shed. Every surface of my downstairs is now covered in carpet fibers. I would strongly recommend purchasing rugs from another site.

2/28/14

Do not- I repeat, DO NOT! Order from Joss and Main. The items purchased are of very, very poor quality. Thankfully, I only spent about $200 to learn a valuable lesson. I will only shop for home decor items in person from now on.

2/28/14

I ordered an item. On 12/17/13 and received the wrong item. I called on 12/17/13 and was told that the had to check with the warehouse to see what to do. I called back on 1/13/14 as I had not heard ANYTHING from the. I was told that the correct item was coming in within a week and that they would ship to me. Again, I called on 2/19/14 as no item received and Was told that the item would be in the warehouse by 2/24 and I would receive by 2/27. Today, 2/28 I called again and was informed that the item was stuck in NY due to weather and would be in the warehouse within 1-2 weeks and ship to me. I cancelled the order and hope to receive my refund within the 5 business days promised. Horrific customer service and will NEVER purchase here again. Hope you noticed that all of the communications had to be initiated by the consumer..

2/24/14

I have ordered from them 9 times now and although most of the small stuff I ordered was decent the three large items ( larache arm chair-tan linen upholstered chair with square back and pillow with nail head details and wheeled front legs, the regency chest in black- Bombay looking chest of three drawers, and the Brinkley desk in walnut- desk with pull out shelf and tilt back cover hiding two drawers) have been low quality for the price. Specially the chest of drawers. The chairs are okay but pretty poor quality too. I have seen the same stuff at homegoods for less so I will just check there for large pieces. I will probably continue to purchase small items but with thorough research.

2/23/14

I ordered this bookcase and based on the description was to get a pine wood construction painted black. What I got was a VERY cheap, resin type MDF bookshelf that looks great in the photo but reads VERY low budget in person. My husband could NOT believe I paid $160 for something I could have gotten at Target for $40.
It does help that many of their items are sold on overstock.com so you can at least check for reviews before purchasing but the fact they don't have the ability to review these items seems very sneaky and shady to me.

They also state that they shipped out two rugs to me and I have yet to receive the other rug. I only have one currently. Trying to work it out by emailing customer service. We shall see.

2/21/14

I have probably spent close to $1000 on this website (decorating a new home) mostly on small items. Negative experiences:

1. I ordered a clock that stated it was "wood and metal" construction. From the photo it appeared to be a wooden face clock with metal numbers and arms. When i received the clock, it turned out to be a sheet of metal made to sort of look like wood, and there was no actual wood anywhere. I emailed customer service to complain, and they said they would accept a return (which i assume i would pay the shipping for) but i decided to keep it. They have continued to frequently sell the same clock with an inaccurate description.

2. I ordered a set of table lamps that indicated in the product name that it contained two lamps. I only received one lamp. The price led me to believe there might have been a mistake on their end labeling the product as two lamps, but that's not my problem. I emailed customer service and have not received a response.

3. I spent over $200 on a bookcase that if I had seen in person would defintely not have spent that much money on. The photos and short descriptions can be very misleading. I kept the bookcase and like how it looks, but the quality is not at that price level.

4. I bought two sets of the worst sheets ever made. They turned pilly near our feet to the point where they are now scraps of fabric. Luckily I didn't spend much on them.

Some positive experiences:
1. I purchased and received a large heavy wall mirror for $24.95. I believe they made a mistake in setting the price becuase I have since seen the mirror for $127.95. But they sent the mirror to me and only charged me $24.95 so that was a win for me.

2. Some of the other smaller items I have ordered I have been very happy with, and free shipping for 30 days is appealing even if it takes a while. I would not buy anything over probably $100 and would not buy any furniture from this website again.

2/19/14

It is VERY hit or miss with this site. I was buying a new house and got 8 different things at various times. All were shipped very quickly and faster than the timeline said on the website. BUT half the things were either shoddy or not as described and 1 was broken. I ordered the Marian end table which is described as distressed black but is actually brown (even says so on the tag.) I also received a broken marble mortor & pestle set which is unreturnable since I didn't open it in time. There is only a 30 day return window on damaged merchandise and since I was in a new house I didn't open it right away.
Also the Remi rug was listed as ivory and grey which I bought for the dining room but is actually more yellow and PURPLE. Don't know how that could be mistaken for grey. Luckily it still works with my color scheme.
The Amelie tray was supposed to be a crystal tray with metal fleur- de- lis accents. The "accents" were glued on haphazardly, aren't centered and there's streaks of glue on the glass. I am embarrassed to even put it out. I'm going to try to get them off as the glass tray is otherwise pretty.
I would NOT recommend buying anything expensive from this site. If you can gamble with spending a little money for some little thing fine. I did get a clock, a metal shelf, and a glass carafe which were as described.

2/18/14

Don't buy from Joss and Main!! They have very pretty pictures, but the quality of the merchandise is very poor. Items are not true to color, not even close. The customer service is terrible, and most items are not returnable, no matter how badly they differ from what was represented.

2/18/14

I placed my first order with Joss and Main yesterday and was shocked by the hefty international shipping charge. Now I don't know if I was going to fast and missed it when I hit the place order or if it didn't show up until after I placed the order but I nearly fell off my chair when I did. Two seconds later I sent two different emails that I wanted the order cancelled. Oh guess what their customer service had to say. Oh we are sorry but the way Joss and Main places orders enables us to cancel your order. My response was piss poor customer service. So will not order from this company ever again!!!!! Note just as all of you are saying .....I never write a bad review but the sure pissed me off enough that guess what I just did.

2/16/14

Bed bugs in the headboard!!!!!
I bought that Pulaski Marlene tufted headboard from them,after few weeaks not using that bed because is in the guest room finally my mom came for the weekend an stay in that room when she went to that room at night and turn the light takes all the pillows and observed the bugs on the head board when she flex the fabric there was so meany eggs when we pull out the bed from the wall on the back of that head board on the ends when the fabric comes together the bugs start to runaway it was so disgusting.
I bought other bed from them dinning chairs ant other staff and I don't know what to do. When I call them they told me that I have only 30 days to inspect the item and let them know that there is something wrong with that item and maybe I had bed bugs before in different items how I can see the bed bugs they only go out at night. That's the thing that I move to new house that is new and I have things from my old house that not possible I'm weary clean,organized person and never had any problem with bed bugs if not my mom I would not know that this insects are bed bugs!!!

2/14/14

I ordered some candlesticks from Joss & Main. After waiting weeks, they finally arrived. The packaging was good, the candlesticks were wrapped in bubble pack to prevent breakage. But the quality was another story, They were painted a cheap gold and not even a good paint job. You can see paint drip marks. This was a non returnable item so I'm stuck with them. I will not order again. The pictures and web site is nice but that's where it begins and ends

2/7/14

I never write reviews or create profiles for that matter to write a review. Sorry if this is lengthy. But I almost feel betrayed by Joss and Main! I wanted so badly to love this website because of my obsession with home decor and sale prices and they seemed to have beautiful items. I had only ordered two things- a pair of pillows and a set of chairs. The pillows came around the estimated time of delivery but looked like crap and nothing like the picture (color and texture). The customer service rep was friendly and accommodating and let me return the nonreturnable items. The chairs I got were beautiful and looked how I hoped they would but they were impossible to assemble. The metal threads where the screws attach to the base of the chair kept popping out of the legs. I took the legs to a hardware store to see if they could help replace the piece or help me figure a solution. I still haven't found out how I can fix them. They sent me another set for free and customer service told me to just toss the broken ones. The new chairs arrived and had the same issues so they just refunded my money. Now I have four useless chairs for free that I'm determined to get fixed. I give one star for the very poor quality of their deceitful items and a second star for at least doing the proper thing by refunding me on the pillows and the four poorly designed chairs. Also, I feel like a lot of their items come from kmart and target and such places and besides from that, the prices aren't even that great if you do some research.

2/6/14

although I love the fact that they pull together related items so it makes it easier to decorator. I think the faux deadlines where they clear out your cart are ridiculous. I ordered an array of items and thus far am not impressed with the quality nor am I impressed that it took over two weeks for some items to arrive - very poorly packaged. I doubt I will waste much time purchasing from them. I will search for items on their site and buy them elsewhere.

2/4/14

Ordered two nightstands $350 each. From the photos they were exactly what I wanted. Until they arrived... First, the smell, they must have been painted with some toxic paint right before sealing in the box (took 2 months to air them out). Then, the color... Picture showed gold, description said gold. What I received was silver and doesn't work at all in the room. I was told I could return them (and pay for the return shipping at hundreds of dollars). I decided to keep them and receive. $100 refund (since I paid 700+ that isn't much). The drawers won't open without shaking the entire table, scratching my brand new hardwood floors. And now a knob (stated as crystal in the listing) but clearly cheap plastic (with spray paint from the dresser on them!) broke off in my hand. Never, never order from this company. $600 worth of my money is now going to the curb (and I get to pay $60 for oversized garbage pick up).

1/22/14

i am sooo mad, after waited for a comforter i ordered 3 weeks ago. i had to e-mail them. they told me that they cancelled my order because they did not have the item,, i am so pissed

1/20/14

I rarely write reviews, but Joss & Main has earned the honor. I ordered three items from them, as follows:

1) Lsted as high-quality cotton sheets. They are so crappy as to be unusable. Staticky, and seeming synthetic.

2) A double-sided dog food bowl stand, which does not look like the quality expressed in their photo, is put together with stapes, and is now falling apart.

3) A hot water kettle, which arrived defective. It has been three weeks and three inquiries from me, and I have yet to hear back from them.

The stuff is overpriced junk, and their customer service is abysmal. Go with Amazon.

1/11/14

they are stupid and wont stop sending me emails

1/10/14

DO NOT ORDER THE REGENCY CHEST ! IN FACT, YOU MAY WANT TO AVOID ORDERING ANYTHING ON THIS WEBSITE! I've placed two orders that arrived and were fine but not worth the $$. This last order was not at all what was expected!!

The Regency Chest we ordered arrived in pieces! My husband who is very handy has been assembling this small chest for 3 hours with powertools. He has rebuilt a house from studs and this small $370 chest is a nightmare! Be wary and aware if the item you are purchasing requires any assembly from this site!

1/10/14

You'll never receive your items so don't bother purchasing from Joss & Main! We've been waiting over 2 months for our items and they expect to keep us waiting another month without guarantee it will arrive! Multiple items and orders placed too with all items on backorder however they claim less than 3 percent backorders when you talk with them and have zero customer service!

1/8/14

I ordered a rug in November, and it was set to arrive before Christmas. After the shipping was delayed, I emailed Customer Service and was told my rug was put on the wrong delivery truck and that they would need to send me another that wouldn't arrive until early January. Fine. I understand, that happens. After my rug didn't arrive when it was set to in January, I emailed back in and was told that they weren't sure what happened to my second shipment, and that the rug I ordered wouldn't be stocked again until May, so I would have to wait 7 MONTHS in total to receive my order. Normally, I wouldn't even be incredibly upset about this, except that the three customer service representatives I spoke with didn't seem apologetic or concerned about how much went wrong with my order or my happiness as a customer. If they treat customers with this little urgency all the time, I will not order from them in the future, and would recommend others do the same. If you manage to receive your shipment on time, then great! But apparently if something goes wrong Customer Service is not going to put the effort forth to correct it. Super bummed about the outcome.

12/30/13

Wander why this site has either very poor or excellent reviews?
I'm glad you are doing your homework and read the reviews before buying. I didn't and got SCAMMED. I ordered four of their Westminster Side Chairs. Well aware of their no return policy, but lured by the great pictures and rushed by the limited sale, we placed the order. Items arrived but they are nothing like the pictures. These are no brand chairs of the CHEAPEST QUALITY you can think of: full of cracks, uneven, paint peels off... We paid around $170/piece, but this items are not resalable, so they will end up in the back alley.

12/25/13

Wow, I must say I am very surprised at these awful reviews! I was concerned about their no return policy in the beginning, but I did research on it and people can obviously return anything damaged, along with other exceptions. I ordered 3 small things on my first order, and when I received them they looked even BETTER than in the pictures!!! They were made in China, but so what, what isn't nowadays! Anyway, I've placed 3 more orders already, and I wonder if some of these reviews are just people who have issues of their own, or maybe competitors!

12/17/13

DO NOT TRUST THEM!
Two orders were promissed for Christmas. When I contacted them to know why was it taking so long I was informed it would take: from 1 to 3 months to received it!

12/17/13

I've ordered three things and still waiting for the third, but the two pillows I ordered don't look like they did in the photos on the website. The first pillow clearly looked embroidered with "bling" and when it showed up it was printed fabric. The second pillow I ordered specifically because it was a bright sapphire silk. What showed up is a dull navy. Unacceptable. I'm unsubscribing from their daily, sometimes twice daily, emails.

About JossandMain