US Government's NSF

Boston, MA 02115

142 Reviews for Joss & Main

▼ Sort by: recent

8/20/14

I attempted to order a very beautiful Safavieh rug from Joss & Main. After waiting a week, I received a notification that the rug had shipped. A week after that, there was still no activity on the rug. FedEx never received the rug, and Joss & Main never bothered to do anything about it. I kept getting brushed off by customer service reps, who would give me very weak excuses, or promise that they would follow up with the warehouse (and then never would). I had also ordered a non-slip rug mat, and that finally shipped (what good was the mat without the rug, though?).
I eventually, after two weeks, told them to cancel my order. If they have issues in fulfilling orders, they need to be upfront and honest about it.

Due to the fact that no apparent attempt was ever made to actually resolve the issue, I couldn't help but feel that the company is a scam, and only actually fulfills enough orders to keep from having federal charges brought up against them. I will not be ordering from them ever again, nor from their other companies (Wayfair is one, and I'm looking into Overstock.com. to see if there is a possible affiliation).

Tip for consumers: Don't order from this group of companies!

8/18/14

I been regularly purchasing items from Joss and Main for approximately 6 months and am so impressed by everything I have received. However this is what I expect from a first rate company, what does surprise me though is how amazing their customer service department is, so helpful. I first contacted them because I wanted to source an item that had gone out of stock, their response was fantastic and really personal. As a professional designer its great to be so confident in a resource, I have Joss and Main products in my own home and happily recommend Joss and Main to my clients.

Tip for consumers: Buy confidently, you will not be disappointed!

8/17/14

Phenomenal quality products for your home, office, beach house or apartment with classic to trendy styles at affordable prices!

8/17/14

I continue to have trouble going from selecting an item to paying for it. This is the first time I've been able to complete a sale. Hopefully the delivery and product order will be better.

Tip for consumers: Patience

8/15/14

I have shopped this site for a few months now and I love every item that I have purchased. Good quality merchandise. Love the wine racks in the bathroom to store extra towels and washcloths. Got that idea from Pinterest.

Tip for consumers: When first opening website click on full website.

8/15/14

FREE SHIPPING ALL THE TIME, I AM ONE DAY OVER ON MY 30 DAY FREE SHIPPING . I HESITATED BEFORE ORDERING THIS ITEM BECAUSE OF THE SHIPPING CHARGE, WHICH IS 10% OF THE PRICE OF WHAT I ORDERED.

8/13/14

They have so much merchandise - you can't go wrong on this site - I planned to do my whole house over with just this one site.

8/13/14

Great prices, however I would have liked to have seen the merchandise in a setting in order to get a better idea of the product and how it would like in my home.

8/12/14

I absolutely refuse to order anything until they put a search feature on their website. I want to be able to look at ALL the daybeds - not just the one they include in a particular collection. It frustrates me to distraction that there is no way to search. I mean, I get it - they want to force us to scroll and scroll through everything, hoping we will impulse-buy something cute -- but don't they see that we may be looking for something specific? And if we can't find it, we'll look somewhere else?? C'mon, Joss and Main -- give us a search box!

8/12/14

The products look good and inspiring. I haven't bought anything from it yet. But I have to say the website is not intuitive. It creates different themes for shopping. But if I come here just looking for a particular item say a mudroom hanger/cabinet, the site makes it almost impossible to search. I have to plow through various themes and go item by item to look for it. That's stupid!

8/11/14

Love the Sea Side feeling ! Very delicate in color ! I got a Nautical Necklace & Bracelet from you in June & get lots of compliments ! So I have passed on "Joss Main" website to them !

8/9/14

I love this company so much!
I shop the website often and brows all the time! I have turned numerous clients and friends on to the website .I just helped a good friend redecorate her hair salon and we bought several pieces of furniture and art. I just found another art piece for her tonight and purchased a new art piece for my salon as well.
Amazing customer service!!!
I can't say enough good!
Love Joss and Main!!!

8/9/14

Your collections are beautiful and fun to explore! Viewing and checkout is easy! A new favorite of mine!

8/4/14

I signed up as a member of Joss & Main some time ago, meaning to sign right in and browse their site. I forget what the reason was that I ended up not browsing the sight that day, I just know something else came up that I had to do and I actually forgot all about it. I shop on line pretty much anytime I am looking to purchase something....I became quite disabled a few years ago when my spine suddenly curved on me, leaving me unable to drive my car & even if I went with some one else I couldn't go in the stores to shop. When I find a site I like, I enjoy browsing it often to see what is new and exciting there. Yesterday evening I was on my outlook site and came across an e-mail ad that was sent to me. I clicked on it and saw a few pictures of their items that were on sale. They were of beautiful furniture and a few other things. So I clicked on the link that took me to the site and signed in. I browsed there for hours. I have been looking for a really nice bed to put an air mattress on for some time now, and just couldn't seem to find what I wanted, and when I did find ones I liked they were most often too expensive considering what it was made of, etc., My opinion, Joss and Main has some gorgeous furniture on their site. I had been looking for a platform bed, and they did have nice ones there, but I came across a black bed which included the headboard which was high enough that my air mattress won't cover the whole thing so you can't see it. It also had the footboard and the black wooden rails exact same as the rest of the bed. And it showed it with just a regular mattress, no box spring, and of course they had it made up with some nice bedding and it is gorgeous. One other thing I really liked about it was the price. I forget what percentage they had it marked down by, but I only paid a little more than half the original price. I ordered it, it is coming from the USA, so I am just hoping it doesn't take a long time getting here. It isn't supposed to take very long, and since this is my first order from them, time will tell I guess. I will come back and give you another report when I get the bed and will comment on how fast or slow it was getting to me...and if the bed suited my air mattress or not. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that my air mattress will not be too big to sit on the rails, the same as a regular mattress does. May have to put a flat board on with the railings ourselves first, and then the air mattress sit on that. But a thin piece
- of plywood would do the trick, I'm hoping. I can not wait to get it. I haven't slept in a bed since my spine curved. I pray this will be my answer. THANK YOU JOSS AND MAIN FOR MAKING MY FIRST SHOPPING EXPERIENCE WITH YOU AN ENJOYABLE ONE.

8/4/14

It is absolutely bad business not to be able to return an item for a full credit, minus the shipping. In addition, it was not until the last screen in the checkout process that teh '$150 Additional Shipping' fee populated on the screen, on top of a $9.95 Standard Shipping Fee. Together the shipping costs seem exorbitant for a relatively small coffee table. I will likely not shop at Joss&Main again for these reasons. I just really wanted the particular item that I ordered and could get it the fastest from this site.

8/2/14

Joss & Main has great quality houseware items, service and delivery not to mention their great prices and discounts!

8/1/14

The email I received promised free shipping, however it did not give a code and the shipping was still charged anyways. The ten minute timer on items you put in your cart is really annoying to. Especially when you have little kids that can easily interrupt your online shopping for more than 10 minutes.

7/31/14

This site is amazing for ideas and styles. The prices are so reasonable as well. Just wish they shipped overseas!

7/30/14

Very poor quality items, so disappointing. Shipping and tax details are unclear until after order has been placed. Very difficult to navigate site. I won't be buying again.

7/25/14

I was so super happy when I spoke with the customer service girl today.
And, now I want to cry as I was moving things I wish to purchase into the love category for now. Meanwhile the RUG 9x12 approx. disappeared ??
I know it's available and it was an important purchase.
Please help me find it again?!!!

7/24/14

I absolutely adore Joss and Main! So many wonderful things at wonderful prices. I always stop here before I visit any other sites an more often than not I don't have to go to any other site! Joss and Main is EVERYTHING!

7/23/14

I just love all the awesome things from Jossandmain.com. I am very pleased. ThankYou!
Joan Lawrence
Tulsa

7/22/14

Great site, but the ease of finding certain items was a little difficult. Too many items grouped in one category. It's still a great site and the prices are very good so I will continue to wade my way through the items and, hopefully, it will get easier.

7/21/14

I am completely dissatisfied with their return policy. Joss & Main makes it so difficult to return an item -- I assume in hopes that you'll get so frustrated and tired of trying to accomplish the task that you'll just give up and keep the item. After going through all the ridiculous emails to get a return label via email, I find it impossible to print the label. BAD deal!

7/21/14

Product came quickly and all pieces seem to be there. It's a chandelier so it has not been hardwired and tested yet. What I am most upset about is after receiving it and finding out the manufactuar I found out that I ended up paying an extra $170 on Joss and Main than the original price from the original manufactuar. Will not purchase from here again unless I know it's absolutely 70% off as they state. Make sure you do your homework before purchasing!

7/20/14

I'm flipping mad with them and will never buy from Joss and Main again.
This has Not been a good shopping experience. I placed my order on May 1st. It has been 2 1/2 months to finally receive my order from Joss and Main. After waiting all this time, they shipped me a small when I clearly ordered a large. The shipping receipt says large yet they shipped me a small. I watched Joss and Main sell this item over the last few months while others received their orders promptly I had to sit and wait for mine because I ordered a large. Now I have received a small. This is fraudulent and I'm angry over this entire experience. Add to that, the zipper has no toggle so even if my pets could make use of the small, I'd not be able to unzip this thing with out finding tools.

7/20/14

I have ordered several times from Joss and Main and have always been satisfied with the merchandise that I have received. I cannot resist placing an order when I receive their email.

7/20/14

Fantastic product line and good prices on the front end...... BUT just got stabbed when checking out with a $175.00 shipping charge and that is WAY too high as I ship items across the country. AND for this high cost of shipping, all I received was about 2 weeks on the delivery. That's not good business

7/16/14

Your product presentations are good. However, many items like wall/shelf units are only viewed when opened/closed. It would be more helpful if you offered all views for a careful review. I really love my shell vase...almost ordered a second one. In retrospect, you really should offer free shipping and not restrict orders w/in 30 days after initial order. Most retailers now offer free shipping after spending > 50 or 99 $. I would like to request a coupon for further purchases even after the 30 days. I think others will agree.

7/16/14

I have ordered 6 things and all but 2 shipments have either been late, broken, or not what I thought from pictures. Items are very cheap and over priced. I'm glad I didn't spend a lot, what I do have is garbage. Their shipping email alert system is nonexistent, they put wrong tracking # on one of my orders, I could go on and on but why bother. I won't be ordering anything from them again. Only reason I gave two instead of one star is because I can use two out of the six items.

7/16/14

Livid. As the stuff "looks" amazing, it's junk, some items were from WALMART that I paid triple for.. Items have taken forever, even after paying way inflated shipping. Wrong descriptions received totally differnt items that look like dollar store merchandise. The topper is that a lot of the items were from Walmart! Total trash. No,return shipping labels so I can return the items I did receive because they are not either what I ordered or they are pure disgusting junk. I feel so scammed out of my money and deceived by this company.. A big fat zero stars! Stay clear or end up ripped off and out of Monet left with stuff a crack head would have in their abandoned house!

7/15/14

ordered a really inexpensive accessory, so I don't care about the money, but it bugs me that this site gives almost NO product information - you barely get dimensions/materials on furniture. They called my accessory a charging pad for a phone, which would have you believe it charges, not that it's a plastic decorative tray to lay your phone in while you plug it into a charger. Return policy i.e. store credit only is HORRIBLE and a sure way to find your merchandise on eBay. I hate brick and mortar stores with this policy and am hating on Joss & Main too - they are purposeful when they don't give complete product information, and they do it to get people to buy quickly because it will go away in a week or two.

7/13/14

first experience in shipping like bigger items but front door delivery only worries me as I cannot carry it inside my house

7/12/14

Had a hard time retrieving my password! Called customer service and I was disconnected...really? Spent way too much time trying to order an item that I can only get store credit for if it's not as depicted on line. Not a good way to do business.

7/12/14

The items are charming and very well priced. I look at the site about once a week. Looking more often cold be detrimental to my financial health!

7/12/14

I communicated since yesterday about 7 total times with a customer service rep via email and then once today on the phone explaining that this site was down when trying to purchase a gift certificate . I attempted to buy the gift certificate many times. it was rejecting the email address and recipients name when i input it as if i hadnt provided it. (it would be bolded in red and ask me to input it) The recipients email was/is pam.reed1234@yahoo.com ... i finally got it to accept it today. I work with hundreds of etailers and there is technology that can help you figure this out much better/faster and more importantly avoid this. Here is a link .. http://www.quest.com/foglight-end-user/ ---- you may want to pass this on to your technical folks. They really should have it to avoid this in the future so you can keep and sustain the growth you are experiencing. I love Joss & Main and that is why I have taken all this time to give you this feedback as well as ensure my loved one recieved the gift card.

7/11/14

I ordered a night stand and floor lamp July 5th through their website. As one of the comments says, when I went to make my purchase it said do not press order more than once, which I didn't, and then it did some funny thing to where it took me back to the homepage. So I tried again..mind you the items weren't in my cart anymore and I had to go looking through their collections again to place my order. When I got the email boom I was charged twice. I emailed and called them up and no problem my money was refunded to me. I then got notice that my nightstand was shipping in about a week. I waited for the night stand and it came today,July 11th. As soon as I openers the box I was shocked. The night stand was cheap and came broken. It looked like a DIY project from Pinterest where people by an ikea dresser and paint over it. plus it was nothing like the picture it was a horrible off-white almost grey color. I called them right away to let them know that I wanted a replacement and the guy said unfortunately they did not have any more in stock and that I should burn or donate the item basically do whatever I want to with it and they would refund my $150 +. Well it seems it's not even worth for them to get the item back so why should it be worth me spending my time and money!!Then he said I might as well get a refund for the lamp too because unfortunately they told me it was in stock but it was on back order for a long time. What a waste of my time! if You don't have the items update your system and take better measures to ensure items are in good condition before and during shipping.

7/10/14

Today, July 10th, 2014, I ordered four beach towels at 10:45 a.m. By 11:01 a.m. I still had not received a confirmation. I clicked again "Place Order" - nothing happened except for telling me that I should not click that button more than once to prevent more than one order going through (how about getting a better computer system for your customers: Finally I received a note with a confirmation number for my order and pointing out in that same note that my order could not be retrieved. Could anybody please explain to me what the use of such a Website is - of course a rhetorical question. Obviously the Company does not need business. Don't tell me the sale was not on anymore. If it's on the Website, it's ON. Don't need that waste of my time. Can get same merchandise from many other sources.

7/9/14

I have placed several orders with Joss and Main, and have been pleased, not only with the quality and pricing, but the on time delivery of the products. I will recommend this site to others.

7/9/14

love the stuff shown and ordering was easy, would recommend you to my friends and family. The prices were very good too. I love to shop deals and you had plenty to offer. I will shop again.

7/8/14

The 3-PIECE QUEBEC QUILT SET IN BLUE purchased from Joss & Main is perfect for the summer and very reasonably priced.

7/8/14

No way to search for similar products in other 'collections' - for example can't search for quilts. No information about who manufactures the product.

7/6/14

It is WONDERFUL and FUN place to shop!! They carry any item(s) at one
time or another. The people of the company are always helpful with any question
or problem. It truly is a wonderful company!!!!!!!!

7/3/14

Joss & Main is an amazoing online interior design shopping experience. Everything I have ever purchased was of high quality and exactly as pictured on the site. Customer service is very responsive and helpful when issues arise.

6/27/14

Price is listed on sale never shows up the same when you go to check out and there is no where to question it!

6/25/14

I ordered an item the Clara set and It looked like dollar store perfume bottles when I received it. Was expecting it to be alot larger. Specially for the price I paid.

6/24/14

I had a question about the item that I purchased. Questions that the description did not address. Simple questions like does the item require batteries or electricity. Since the item allowed only a credit return it was important to me to find out if this purchase was going to work in my home. I posted the question on facebook and also on the site. I never got a response. Had to research the internet and other sites to find out information. Three hours later I got the answer to my question from another site.

6/23/14

I ordered a console table with subtotal listed as $599.00. They added on $130.00 for shipping without my knowledge. 4 wks. and three E-Mails later, without receiving my table, I was told that it was damaged in shipment and would be re-sent and half of the shipping returned. They said that they had been experiencing problems with the shipping company in Michigan and were changing companies so that it should not be a problem again. I have not received my table yet and it had been 6 wks. total so far. The phone # that they gave me to call, is just a recording. My item has been sitting at the delivery terminal for a week so far. Just like the last one. It also followed the same route according to the tracking #. So much for a new delivery company. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

6/21/14

Really liked the price on the bookcases, but was shocked at the $350.00 delivery price, which was unexpected.

The Best Furniture Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber