US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

janiceb13

I like the selection, I like the customer service, I like the prices. (in 69 reviews)

maryl103

My home is filled with items ordered from this site. (in 123 reviews)

jillm18

I love Joss & Main because it has: a wide assortment of products; good prices; great customer service. (in 14 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jerit1
3/30/15

Going through their website I find items that fit my décor but I am not ready to buy at that moment. When I am ready to buy it isn't there anymore.

Their products are wonderful and I could redecorate my entire home with them. Today I am so happy, I found something and I had the money available to buy it!

Tip for consumers: Read everything everyday as adverts change daily.

karend49
3/30/15

great merchandise and fair prices.

meredithp4
3/30/15

I have searched endlessly for this chair. The site was easy to navigate. As usual, I needed to reset my password, which was also easy.

sharong34
3/29/15

I absolutely love this site Such uniqueness. Everything you could possibly need for gift giving to furnishing your whole house. The staff is THE best I know personally, because of snafu I committed. They treated me like family. Mother's day is coming find a present for mom and you and sis and daughter etc. Etc......

kimw54
3/29/15

I ordered a vase and was charged early February due to arrive on or before 11 March. On 23 March I contacted J&M for an update and was told they would check and get back to me in 2 days but I never heard back from them. I've now written to cancel the order and ask for a full refund - wonder how long that will take. In the meantime they have had my money for 7 weeks. SO glad it was only a vase and not a big item like furniture. I won't be using them again. UPDATE They will only let me cancel the order if it hasn't yet been despatched (more than 2 weeks after date it was promised to arrive) and if I return it then they insist I pay the return cost.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!

alg123
3/28/15

I AM ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED,terrible services on the phone,your site actually LIED when it said the item ships to Canada .And on top of all when you say you will "refund" my creditcard YOU CANNOT EVEN REFUND THE PROPER AMOUNT. I feel like i just got scammed by some shady company ... but hey after 2 days of dealing with this and still no resolution thanks for the offer of a 15% discount which adds up to nothing... so much for likely hood to reccomend

Tip for consumers: if you live in canada they will ship your stuff to HAWAII ?!no joke

eee-deeb
3/27/15

I just visited this site and while the product design is gorgeous, the materials used and the price tags worthy of the phrase "Buyer beware". They had a 9 cube shelving unit listed for just under $90. This item was made of engineered wood (aka MDF) and particle board and something that big box retailers routinely have in stock for less than half that price. They had two Adirondack chairs and a table which was made from "polywood" for $849, To be fair, the also had a single Adirondack chair made from cedar for $122 and the matching table was about $32. Rugs made from Art silk - seriously - artificial silk. If you are looking for inspiration then this is a great place to find it, but I suggest you shop around an purchase elsewhere.

barbaraa28
3/26/15

I have had a great experience with Joss and Main. Quality of products has been excellent. Everything has arrived well packaged and in top condition.

jennyd18
3/24/15

Everything ordered was worth every cent. I couldn't be any happier. I recommend Joss and Main to everyone.

dienac
3/20/15

I love Joss and Main, all of their products are beautiful, beautifully designed and made. Their buy and check-out process is so easy. They deliver fast and their products are what they promise. I only buy from them :D <3

Tip for consumers: Set yourself a limit or else you're apt to overspend, like i do :D <3

audreyettas
3/20/15

I have been so very happy with everything I have ordered from Joss & Main. Everything is packed so well, never a chance of anything being damaged and it comes always when they say it will. They have such a variety of things your can purchase, and I like the ability to be able to shop on line and know the product I ordered will be ever more than I expected.

Tip for consumers: You will never be disappointed and if it isn't exactly what you thought you wanted you can return it with no questions asked. They are there to please and make your shopping experience easy and fun.

donnah45
3/20/15

I had really good help from the manager and am very excited about my purchase. The temperament and follow through made working together a pleasure.

daled13
3/20/15

Ordered two (set of 3 and individual item) pieces at attractive price. Pieces not usually found in "local" stores or other online sites. As previously, could count on Joss & Main to fill a gap/space in my home with something a bit different.

Tip for consumers: Peruse the sales events offered even if something specific not needed at the time. You never know with Joss & Main.

reginal224
3/18/15

I ordered 2 sets of sheets and 2 sets of towels, Sheets described at 100% cotton, they were not, 55% cotton 45% polyester. One set of towels great weight, the other set very thin even though they are from the same company under the same brand. I am having a difficult time finding out how to return, I received an empty reply from them. I do most of my shopping on line: from clothes, shoes, toys, home appliances, carpets and Amazon sites, never ever had a problem in finding out how to return, a return sheet is usually packaged with items. I'll never show at Joss & Main again.

Tip for consumers: Even though I read descriptions carefully, I did not receive the items described on the web page.

deannap
3/17/15

I OFTEN SHOP AT JOSS AND MAIN BECAUSE OF EASE OR ORDERING. GOD FORBID A ORDER COMES TO MY DISLIKE BECAUSE RETURNS ARE NOT EASY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SEEMS TO SAY THE RIGHT THINGS WITH NO RESOLVE. THAT SAID I STIL BUY AN OCCASIONAL ITEM

Tip for consumers: MAKE SURE YOU WANT IT BECAUSE RETURNS ARE SOOOOOO CONSUMER UNFRIENDLY

sandras67
3/16/15

Every time I use jossandmain.com everything goes so smoothly and its easy to navigate.
Very good service.

mitzis
3/16/15

I am new to this site. I found it on Facebook and am so glad that I did! I have not yet received my items, as I have just ordered, but can say that the ordering was so easy!! I can't wait to get my items!!

sheris9
3/14/15

Very happy with all purchases so far. Received items in time promised and all were packed and shipped very well. Will continue to purchase items from the vast assortment offered.

patsyh
3/13/15

I am furnishing a very large home and so am ordering from multiple sites. I ordered a dining table and two very solid wood and resin stools. The stools arrived damaged. Working with customer service was a poor experience so I just decided to keep them and rotate the damage area to the wall. The dining table was a whole different mess. I ordered the table in a time frame for dinner party for 25 people. It did not arrive on time and with it being 5 days late I felt they should eliminate shipping costs which were excessive to begin with. They took a very nominal amount off. Next IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DINNER PARTY they called to say the table was damaged. Small items may be ok. Things that ship UPS or FED EX. I would not use them for ANYTHING else. Maybe the shipping company is their problem? Every other company I have used gives better service and better shipping than this company.

Tip for consumers: Do not use the company for heavy items.

goblinh
3/13/15

They charged a ridiculous shipping fee but it took a long time to ship to my house. The tracking information was not right from their website. When I called them the service person's attitude was rude. I was shocked. She told me she didn't know when the items I bought will be delivered to my house. And she asked me to contact with the deliver man by myself. I will never buy anything from them. bad shopping experience. If I searched the reviews of them before I have shopped I would make this mistakes.

Tip for consumers: bad service

stephaniep28
3/12/15

I love all of the unique products. This is my go to site for high end products for quality and the best price !

shirleyl16
3/11/15

This web-site has some very good products at excellent prices. Just have look at the Joss & Main site, and see for yourself.

Tip for consumers: Just have look at all the items offered.

marys172
3/10/15

We need to replace our Christmas Flag in our Yard-DOING it is another thing....finding the perfect flag at Joss & Main today means getting to show it to my husband, placing the order and paying with PayPal....what's not to love!?? He didn't have to go shopping with me, it won't show up on our credit card (we love using PayPal) and we paid shipping charges for the next 30 days!!! As Prime members of Amazon, we love paying no add'l ship charges! Thanks!

Tip for consumers: Check online before getting into your car....shop while you're in bed at night, but wait to make a decision in the morning...

annp21
3/10/15

I planned on placing an order with Joss & Main until I discovered they wanted to charge me $70 extra for a 3# item to ship to Anchorage, Alaska! I cannot imagine where they got that amount even if I had asked for "expedited" shipping!! Needless to say, I did not place my order, and I never will! I questioned them about the charge and all they said was "sorry for the inconvenience"! No explanation at all. This is definitely a company I will not do business with and will not recommend to anyone! AP Anchorage, AK

johannav3
3/9/15

I placed an order at Joss & Main, requesting a delivery date for the end of February, which I was told was NO PROBLEM. I never received an email or even a phone call that the furniture was being delivered this past Saturday. By dumb luck, someone was at the house to take delivery, otherwise, they would have just left it in my driveway - $2000 worth of bedroom furniture! Spoke with Audrey at J&M Customer Service and was told that I was basically lucky they even held the furniture past 5 days for me and that they did send me a delivery email, which I never received. Apparently, this is all my fault. They charged an outrageous delivery fee of $185, did not bother to contact me, even by phone! to tell me the furniture was arriving. Buyer beware, they will just leave your stuff and not bother contact you. I will never buy from Joss & Main again.

Tip for consumers: Do not order from them - their shipping policies are worse than very poor. Customer Service doesn't care - not helpful at all.

elizabeths73
3/8/15

Stylish products for the person that enjoys unique items for their home. The prices are reasonable and items offered are at a good price.

chesterq1
3/8/15

I bought Glen Table set from Joss and Main and the description of the material says it's made with both metal and wood as the legs of the table and chairs are supposed built with industrial vintage looking metal parts with nuts and bolts.

When I received the delivery, I was surprised by how light it is since it is a 40" long table with two chairs made partly with metal. I could lift the whole package by myself. After I opened the box, I found out that it is a pieces of crappy fake furniture made with low quality woods and unfinished with sharp edges. The most epic of this piece crap is that the claimed metal parts are just the same wood painted with shiny metallic looking paints so that it looks like metal. The nuts and bolts are all wood with metallic paints. That's why the whole thing is so light.

The furniture was labeled from Wayfair and was made in a place in China famous for knock off and fake furnitures.

I did get the refund but I had to go through all the return shopping hassel for a furniture. I am very disappointed and angry about how Joss and Mail manage their supplies and quality control. I stopped shipping with them ever since

alainef
3/7/15

I have to go onto the Joss and Main website at least 4-5 times a week. they constantly have beautiful new things, ideas, sellections.
I have bought MANY things over the last 3 months - extremely happy with everything - did not have to return anything!!

Tip for consumers: Check the website as often as you can - they are consisitently putting up new items for sale!

hintoc
3/5/15

I ordered something in the wrong size, right after called to change the size. Told they would cancel that order and I could reorder - which I did. Only to find out they shipped the first order (and charged me). I called and asked to cancel the replacement order, saying I could make do with the 2nd order. They agreed. Only to find out the 2nd order was also shipped after it was to be cancelled too! And yes, I was charged for both order and told there was a restocking fee to cancel the orders. I would not have placed ordered the 2nd order except for being told my items would not ship for 4 days so the cancellation was possible.
While the staff were polite, there is an obvious service malfunction which will cost me time and money. I will never shop with them again.

darlenek2
3/4/15

I Ordered 2 sofa's on 2 different occasions. Both of them were delivered damaged when I finally got them several weeks later. I also ordered a headboard that was supposed to be gold in color. Instead, I got a grey one. Even after I sent these photos to Julene T. in customer service to prove that the headboard is not gold, she still refused to take back the headboard and refund my money even after I told her that I was going to use the refund to purchase a bed this time instead of a bed frame from their company which would have been more expensive. Now I have a headboard that I paid approx $250.00 for and have no use for it. It took them almost 4 months to return my money for some other items that I returned to them. Most of photos of their items for sale are deceiving. They look high end online but once you get them they can look completely different. Don't be fooled.

Tip for consumers: Use caution when ordering. Make sure you inspect item immediately.

traceym31
3/4/15

This is the second item I have purchased from this site and I am pleased with the selection on items for purchase and the manner in which they are purchased and delivered. I have not had any problem with the company and like their policies.

shirleyj13
3/4/15

I have been looking for a well priced quilt that is cotton & washable, lightweight & attractive.
I found several options on this web site from which to choose. The products were described very well.

denisew24
3/4/15

I've only ordered from them twice. And both orders were not the quality I was expecting, a little lower quality. The website makes things look great. Like another reviewer, I appreciate the fact that the website introduces me to some new products; however, when I search elsewhere for that same product, Joss and Main charges more and plus charges for shipping, even for the small items. So it has been awhile since I've ordered from Joss and Main, although I search their website daily. I would advise to search and cost compare Joss and Main's prices to other sites and companies. I also have their app on my phone. I wished that they had a search feature on the app; that would make searching and browsing easier.

Tip for consumers: Cost compare products with other companies.

junes29
3/3/15

I have ordered several times from this company and have always been satisfied with service and product,

lisar64
3/2/15

I LOVE this site! It's the TJ Maxx of online decor. I've compared to Overstock, Wayfair and others, it's the best! Fast free shipping and beautifully made unique items at great prices. What more can I say? Just click n enjoy!

Tip for consumers: Items are limited and change constantly so if you love it, grab it!

debl8
3/2/15

I love all the unique choices and fabulous prices. I've been browsing the store for months and finally made my first purchase last week. I expect my new chandelier to arrive today. There is so much to choose from, and the selections are refreshed continuously. I imagine I'll do all my online gift shopping here from now on.

sharons59
3/1/15

Took quite a while to go through all items, but it felt like traveling through different parts of the world. Some sales better than others, but all beautiful. The place I live was already furnished, so my creativity is limited, but if I could redo my place, I would do most of it from your site.

donaldp31
2/27/15

I'll probably never shop here again because I have to fill out this stupid questionnaire before I can place my order.

Tip for consumers: a

markn42
2/26/15

Too bad. Would have love to check the items out. But in a day when we are plastered with advertisers selling us everything I do not want to give my email just to browse items. Seems from the review that they list false prices on their website anyways.

Not worth it - so many more options out there on the internet of better things.

ninar10
2/25/15

love there stuff, but their site is uselesssssssssssssssssssssss. AND, you cannot just go to their site, it requires you to enter your email address, which I HATE.

Just a waist of time.

joanns15
2/25/15

This is my favorite place on the internet. I am old and don't get out often so this has taken the place of my best MALL. Thank You!!

Tip for consumers: There is such a great choice of anything you might be interested in, with the exception of clothes, and who knows, that may be there tomorrow! I also like that it changes often, so you are not seeing the same thing all the time. I love it!

laurab84
2/25/15

Joss and Main cuts through the monotony of sifting through items to bring you the most exciting selections!

Tip for consumers: Shipping takes a while.

denisel24
2/24/15

What a great experience I have had from the very first order I played with Joss & Main. LIke my title says...it's like a magic carpet ride. Today I ordered pieces from Wayfair as well as this delightful company. They graciously accepted the pieces I returned...the pieces just didn't go with what I was envisioning and there was no problem at all. YES YES YES...I would recommend them and all of the other companies under the big umbrella that encompasses my key to MAGIC in my home! thank you so much. Can I add a pic later? I am not prepped for that now....darn...lol

Tip for consumers: when you find something that catches your eye right away.....hit the love button...and it becomes your "favourite" file....refer to it often...it's a great tool.

eleanorm4
2/24/15

I have purchased numerous items over the past two years at Joss And Main. Quality of items vary from very cheap to nice so I have learned to shop carefully on this site. So many items from China.
I recently bought set of 6 Placemats and set of matching 6 napkins for total price of $15.90 which I checked out as my total and approved to my credit card. I also received a confirmation email with total $15.90. It took three weeks with delay after delay, when I finally received notice of shipment. But, Joss and Main charged my credit card $95.00. The listing was incorrectly charged and Joss and Main adamantly refused to honor my order. Secondly, they charged my card $95 without my approval. CS of no help unless I wanted to negotiate 50% off. No I wanted the order I approved. I have no recourse but to return when received for a refund. They have lost a frequent buyer and customer.

Tip for consumers: Review your charge card charges carefully for accuracy because they have racked up prices
Take a picture of the order during check out as a form of proof of cost of item.

lorik78
2/23/15

Found this great buy on a chicken coop that holds up to 3 chickens. Enough eggs to feed your family and more. Awsome price cut. I will continue to shop here for bargains with my paypal credit line. Saved over $70.00 in shiping and handeling by either paying $9.95 up front today or just using my paypal credit did it for me. Gotta love this for sure!!!

Tip for consumers: Apply for paypal credit. I got $1500.00 was easy as pie. I can shop many places online with it an most of my stuff ships free. Low monthy payments.

michelem34
2/23/15

I bought the antelope artwork today and the price in the drop down box stated $118, but then the price at checkout was $200. Almost a $100 difference.

zs20
2/22/15

The Bohemian Flair is exactly what I've been looking for. This cultural inspired décor is truly a reflection of the design I've been attempting to bring together throughout my home. Now, I don't have to search far. Joss & Main have made it accessible and affordable for a mother of four (4) to finally have the living room I've always wanted.

elizabethr43
2/22/15

I have been a Joss & Main customer for a few years now. I recently ordered indoor/outdoor sectional. I received an email stating that I would be contacted within 24 hours of delivery. Well I wasn't. $125.00 delivery charge for the furniture to be dropped on my walkway blocking the entrance to my house. It arrived after 4pm on a Friday and I had headed out of town a little earlier for a few days. My neighbor let me know of the delivery. So there it sits. I was told it was the "first dry spot". Well it is out in the open, where the rain expected tomorrow will roll right off the roof onto it. I contacted customer service and they would charge me to return it, can't even imagine how much that would be. Dissatisfied is a mild description. Save yourself some heartache and stick with other vendors.

davidr138
2/21/15

Ordered a full size bed frame, it came in a week and was very easy to put together. I was a little worried about the strength of the bed but it seems pretty strong. there are 2 things, one was these diamond studs in the headboard, they didnt show in the picture or in the description,but it looks fine. Also my the bed frame is a little big for the mattress i have about 3 inches of space of the side, not to pleased about that. Other then that I'm pretty happy with this purchase.

mirandah6
2/19/15

I like Joss & Main for the way it introduces me to new products, but even when I find something I like, I find them unaffordable. Prices alone are high, but then shipping puts it over the top. I did order from them once: a shelf that I liked at $68, plus $10 for shipping. It took so long to arrive that I honestly forgot that I'd ordered it. I loved the way it looked online, but in person, it was such poor quality. It looked like it was made from a thin, pallet-like wood and the wood was cracked. The color was way off and inconsistent throughout the piece. Most of the hooks were bent despite it having been well-packaged (i.e. it shipped in that condition). I tried to return it, but could not (not even for credit). Finally, the thing I really don't like - when you leave a review on a product on Joss & Main, they don't carry the review over the next time the product shows up...and products show up often in different collections, I assume until their inventory is gone.

My pro-tip? Peruse Joss & Main to your heart's content -- then use Google image search to find where else the product you like is sold. As an example, last night I found a stuffed elephant listed at $18 that I wanted to get for a friend's baby shower. This morning, I went to get it, but with $9.95 shipping, the stuffed animal was going to be ~$30 -- not worth it! I searched on Google (didn't need the image search, just key terms). I found the same stuffed animal on 3 different sites for $18 or just a little more. Ultimately, I ordered it from GiftedLiving.com, with free (and faster) shipping and a promo code for $15.30.