US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

martinf33
3/24/15

ixquick.de, or allso known as startpage.com offers this service as a private organisation. They say that they don't save your IP-Adress and don't use tracking-cookies. They suggest your surfing is sure.
Fact is:
- There are no trackingtools recognized of any tracking blocker
- They search with google, forwarding your question.
For everithing else we only have their word not to do things with your data you don't want to. There is no transparence how they finance this page, and no transparence what pupose they have to offer this service for free.
This could be a page of any secret service or private sniffing organisation as well as someone who offers it for a good ethik pupose. Nobody knows and every one can judge to themself what is more likely.

nayad1
3/6/15

Ixquick high credibility and fast and quick searches with high security level searches are relevant to my questions and then reduces, restricts data mining.

luettal
3/2/14

I am looking for a 'Safe Search Engine and because I saw this in an article I was reading -->- > [So I Ixquicked " (Ixquick, that's my favorite search engine ("the world's most private search engine")), <-- I searched ixquick and @ this point I rated this Site JABBER Website 5 Star & want to tell the entire world!
I will come back to this Website and report my experience and pray my experience will confirm Ixquick, is the answers to my prayers. and I will tell the world. I read & like --> Read Review Guidelines. Thank you, Sincerely, for providing this safe search engine for Good people. The 'World' needs you. I will be back. I do get confused when a different name comes up from what I have searched. I will Register then tour this website.- Love. from me.

bv7
2/12/13

A great site for privacy while using a search engine to browse.....

omegar
11/19/11

I agree that this site is a wonderful search engine because it does not record one's IP address and that means I am able to protect myself online.

Here is the claim made by this search engine:

"Ixquick search results are more comprehensive and more accurate than other search engines. Ixquick's unique capabilities include an Advanced Search, a global search and power refinement."

I would have to agree with them personally and I intend to make them one of my regular search engines from now on.

skyk
8/7/10

Ixquick is a new search engine that respects the privacy of its users. Their results are quite accurate and the best thing is that they claim that they keep absolutely no records of ip addresses and search strings. ( as you know Google maintains a detailed user profile for everyone that uses its services )