US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

13 Reviews for iRentToOwn

▼ Sort by: recent

7/18/14

Phone harassment. You can sue them.

7/7/14

Obviously a scam. They call my cell number several times a day without leaving a message. I have been on the Do Not call list for years. Do NOT do business with these people, they are clearly very dishonest!

2/10/14

The worst website because properties are sold or outdated. The concept is good too bad they could not get it right. Don't bother with the site.

2/5/14

Took my money and doesn't send valid login info to search properties, no list emailed, it's a scam.

1/22/14

They took the home I had for sale on Zillow and falsely advertised it as a rent to own property. I kept getting calls from people asking me to rent it and didn't put two and two together until one of them sent me a link to the website showing my home for rent. When I asked them how they could do this without my consent, the answer was that they pull their listings from a lot of public sources. Obvious to me they advertise properties they have no legal right to advertise and their goal is to get people to pay for the free trial (which consists of nothing more than viewing listings they got from other sites) and when you forget to cancel membership they charge you $50 each month automatically until you finally cancel. Then they don't even list a phone number for you to call so you can try to get your money back.

10/31/13

the customer support team {bre)on irenttoown.com were very helpful in refunding my money,it was just a misunderstanding on my part,i didnt fully read the sign up page which actually did say i would be charged after my dollar trial period...

10/7/12

Homes they are listing are not "real" for sale by owner or rent to own. The ones I found were all in different stages of foreclosure. BAD BAD BAD!

8/3/12

DO NOT SIGN UP! They will continue to charge your cc even after you cancel. I've been fighting them for 8 months with still no luck!

11/6/11

I own several homes and a Property Management company. I wanted to see if I could list a few of my own clients Rent-to-Own or Lease/Option properties on this website..., but could not find a way to do so. After a full review of the site it became obvious that they wanted to AT LEAST get my credit card number for a $1 "Trial" ...which after careful review of their terms I found that they would automatically charge $39.95 a month. OUCH.....

Not sure yet where they get their listings, but it cannot be from litigimate Owners or Brokers like me. I am Licensed and Bonded in the Tacoma area of Washington State as a Real Estate Broker....and I have a lot to lose. I don't play games. I offer lots of free advice and free downloads of all my contracts. Listing reviews are free and so is talking with me about any aspect of our program.

PLEASE BE AWARE.., sorry to say that there are a LOT of scams and dishonest people out there on the web trying to grab your money. No joke. It makes me sick.

Anyway..., the BBB gives all new businessed an A+ rating as will keep it that way as long as the business resolves all complaints to the BBB's satisfaction.

WARNING; the majority of all home loans have a "Due on Sale" clause in them. This means an owner cannot hold the contract as an "Owner Contract" to sell you their home....unless it is totally paid off and they can prove that they do not have a Lien Holder.

NOTICE: Rent to own and/or Lease Option deals can be Tricky. What if the person you are renting or have a Lease/Opt with goes into Foreclosure? What if they keep the rent monies and do not pay their mortgage?

My advice is that whereever you live, only deal with a Licensed Agency or Brokerage who has been in business at least 5 years and has good BBB ratings. These companies have more to lose and will be more up to date. - Fair housing laws and Landlord Tenant Laws also can protect tenants, but you need to know your rights. Advice of an Attorney generally will be free for a few minutes and/or fairly cheap in general to just find out if a contract or deal you are offered is ligit.

Kind regards to all,

Donald J. Leske II / Broker
Tacoma, WA

10/20/11

This is one strange site. I browsed the site and had found a way to view it for free. After a couple of web pages, it asked me for a free trial membership which I clicked yes, but when it asked me for a credit card, I opted out and tried to leave the site. It CRASHED my computer. The following night I did the same thing. I browsed the site for free and found a way to view limited pages for free. After that night, I didn't go back to the web site again. Two weeks later, my husband told me they CHARGED my credit card for monthly membership fee!?! Really?!?! HOW??!? I never entered my credit card info. After a quick research, I found their corporate info so I reported the site to BBB and the FBI Internet Fraud. BBB contacted Vertical Brands (the owner of irenttoown.com) and Vertical Brands emailed me to ask for my signature to confirm my complaint. Really?!? I am that stupid to give you my signature??!!?? I ignored the email. A month later, they charged my card again for monthly fee. BBB contacted them and as a result, Vertical Brands CALLED and left a message on my voice mail. They were very nice actually. They left me a nice message and they supposedly refunded all the charges. They prefaced that call by saying that I had to have entered my credit card info with the security code for them to have gotten that info. (Hmmm....spyware) I would never ever pay for any membership online especially when I can see the pages for free. I have NEVER EVER paid for anything online unless they are TANGIBLE purchases that get shipped to me. In any case, I harrassed them with an obnoxious email full of expletive language which i had sent to every email address I could find (or think of) related to their domain(s). I eventually got again, a very nice and polite email from their Director of Content, apologizing for the misunderstanding and said they they have fully refunded me. In the meantime........the question still sticks to my head...."It has got to be a spyware!"

6/14/11

Just the initial phone call said it all. I called of a Craigslist listing. Person wouldn't give any info. Hit me up for $40. Didn't even explain everything. I asked "$40 dollars just to view a property?" and he said "Don't say just to view or I'll hang up." Then he did just that.

4/20/11

Fake,Fake,Fake.They take your money and the free trail is never valid.You can never get a full answer for any of your questions.I would not suggest this site.

11/13/10

This site does not give a list of rent to own homes. The list it provides is fake. every click on the properties listed takes you to "Foreclosure.com". Then it proceeds to ask for money for foreclosure lists. Which is a site that never sends you a valid list of foreclosures.

The Best Apartment Rental Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber