US Government's NSF

9 Reviews for Hotelclub.com

▼ Sort by: recent

jasonb113
8/6/14

I booked with this company 3 weeks ago through kayak's app... Boy I wish I'd read some reviews! Everything went through fast and smooth and I got a great value... So I thought. The monies flew from my account within seconds, and the accompanying confirmation email followed. Today I received my reminder itinerary... And then, a few hours later they informed me that "the hotel overbooked" and could not accommodate me. The hotel had never heard of me, or them! Now, they tell me it will take 7-10 days to get my money back, with this family vacation starting in 36 hours and no hotel reservation. Thanks hotel club!

amosandstephanier
3/3/14

To those affiliated with this company I hope you would take this constructive criticism for what it's worth..
I spoke with 3 different representatives Mike, Frank ( supervisor) and Andi, bless his heart I really think he would have tried to help but after 56 minutes of trying explain the problem I gave up since he just was not following. I am sorry to say the service I received from each representative was poor. They didn't understand maybe partially due to the language barrier and their thick accent but mostly because of a lack of knowing how there system works. They preauthorized my transaction but could not finalize it. Then they could not do anything about the pre auths. My experience on this site cost me time and a hold on my funds; and I didn't even book a room. Trust me the frustration and time are not worth the prices.

harrya15
11/4/13

This site is a real scam and their customer service line worse

andersc
4/5/13

I tried to book a hotel on their webservice but my bookings did not get through - try later it adviced. After trying some times it ended up with that my credit card was over charged! I had a terrible experience with their helpdesk afterwards, telling me that their system booked on my credit card without doing any hotel bookings and they could not do anything about it for the moment. STAY AWAY FROM HOTEL CLUB!

meganm6
2/13/13

This website charged my account 4 extra times. My bank called snd thought it was fraud. Customer service was terribe, I couldnt understand anyone. I was "disconnected" twice. Three different agents told me three diffrrent stories. One agent lied about our conversation until I asked to speak with the supervisor who could pull up our recorded conversation. Absolutely terrible, not reliable and not worth the cheap prices. Any other website would have sufficed. They apologized and credited 10 "people points" to my account for the next time I book a reservation with them... right like I would ever use this website. Such a hassle

zacchaeusb
10/24/12

I booked a hotel on this site in August, the price was great and I received the confirmation immediately. When I arrived at the SpringHill Suites in October, the hotel found my name in the system and it showed that I paid through Hotelclub.com, but the hotelclub credit card was declined. We spent over an hour on the phone with these people trying to get them to pay for something that I had already paid for 2 months in advance. To add insult to injury, I learned that if I had called the hotel, I could have gotten a better rate. This site is not worth the the few bucks you think you will save. STAY AWAY FROM HOTElCLUB

jesseyr
11/2/11

I paid $400 for the grooupon coupons for nothing. I followed the instructions to register for the coupon before the expiry date(This is still WITHIN the validity date). But the voucher code was unable to proceed. so I tried for repeated times and failed.

I looked for Hotelclub, they pushed me to Groupon. When i write in to Groupon, they forward me this, "Hi,Thanks for this email.
As per our telephone conversation, please use your Groupon SECURITY CODE instead of the voucher code to create an account and redeem your HotelClub member dollars.
Feel free to contact us should you need further assistance."
Kind regards,
V----

It was very patronising and ABSURD cos i did not receive a single call either from GROUPON or HOTELCLUB. They DID NOT call me AT ALL.

So, there was indeed some system technical problems on Hotelclub OR Groupon's part that impede customers from registering their coupons within the validity. So, I wrote in again. This time asking for my refund. Groupon agreed to refund. But to this day (since JUne-nov3) i have not received anything yet!

So, it was both baffling and frustrating getting those coupons. i didnt think it was a good deal at all. I followed the instructions, unable to get register my coupons due to their errors, and ABSURDLY i have to PAY for that! Even they agreed to refund u, they did not honor their promise.

Hotelclub was very indifferent to the situation. They created a flawed system, so that you cannot log in and register your coupons you bought. and consumers were accused not to register within the validity period.
And the BEST part, Hotelclub got consumers to pay without having to serve them!

With such a bad customer service, system and management, I won't use their service again.

I honestly would never recommend Hotelclub to anyone. Their rates are more expensive (compared to Expedia,or priceline), and just plain disappointing customer service. Just go EXPEDIA, don't waste your time.

stephaniep2
6/15/11

In March 2011 I made and paid (using my credit card) for a hotel reservation for my daughter and her husband through this site. Upon presentation of the printed voucher to the hotel, my daughter was informed that there was no reservation. In fact, the hotel had never heard of HotelClub. Fortunately, there was a room available, and the hotel agreed to wait until my daughter's checkout three days later, before demanding payment. The reservation never arrived, so my daughter had to pay for the room with her own credit card. My card was charged $211, and I am in the process of disputing the charge. Thus far, HotelClub has only submitted to my credit card company a copy of the reservation Confirmation/Receipt which of course is no help at all. Do not utilize this site!

davids17
5/27/10

I started using this Website recently to book hotels for business travel. So far of my two experiences, both were bad. 1st experience - With a search for hotels, such as by zip code, a list of hotels with available rooms is provided. But after I booked a room at one of the hotels, I was given a booking ID which was followed by a message that my room reservation wasn't confirmed. It would take 1 to 2 business days to confirm. By then I needed to be in the room. In the end, I wasn't charged for the room. I ended up finding a room without the Website. So the Website is useless and a waste of time. 2nd experience - Started the same with search by zip code. I found a hotel with a good room rate listed. But after I clicked on the hotel for booking a room, a higher price was shown. So the Website uses the bait a switch scam.

Best Sites to Book Hotels Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber