US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

patrician4

I am getting ready to buy my third pair of GDefy shoes. (in 16 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

deeg23
8/17/15

Shoes are painful to wear. Contacted the company and was advised to only wear them a couple of hours at a time and get back to them. I did but it was past the return date.

tracyd30
8/10/15

I purchased my shoes several months back and I just love them! ! Working on concrete floors was killing my feet and legs. After breaking them in after 2 days , I quit dreading work. I recommend them!

shanel27
7/17/15

We couldn't wear them. They were hard to walk in and fell apart. For $100 shoes they are crap. Sorry. Lots of hype and marketing with poor quality. We want our money back.

pauld116
7/13/15

This footwear sounds like a great idea, however, my four stars are for all the people that wrote the very informative reviews. Many thanks for saving me the cost of purchasing two pairs of Gravity Defyers. I will check them out again in a few years to see if they improved their product as well as customer service.

loisc11
7/12/15

I won't bad mouth the company, but I am on my feet 6-8 hours a day and my feet hurt afterwards, I also have heel spurs. A friend told me about these and gave me a flyer and it sounded really good. I looked online and decided to try the GDefy Extora ll because it said they helped with ALL foot pain NOT! I expected to feel the heel kind of bounce (I guess) since there was a spring, I expected not to feel my feet hit the floor; but that's definitely not what I experienced! I wore these today for 6 hours, by the time I got home, my feet and especially my heels were hurting. They are heavy and feel like Herman Munster shoes, they made me sound like I was stomping even when I tried to walk softly. The upper "leather" is so stiff that it rubbed my ankles and caused them to get sore and swell, my feet feel very tired after wearing them for so long. I would not recommend this brand, but the others might be ok. I however have decided not to bother trying another expensive pair because I don't want to go through this again; I am returning them for a refund and sincerely hope I don't have all the troubles others have had with theirs. I am glad to read that there are those who have had great results with their chosen shoes! I guess we just never know until we try them right? :)

matthewf20
5/25/15

The 1st time I bought these I was very excited because of what they promised. I bought 2 pair. Got them and they were both falling apart within a few months of use. However, they did seem to help my feet problems so I went ahead and bought 3 more pairs (3 only because they were discontinuing nearly all the double-wide options at the time). Same crap quality with them falling apart Very quickly. I've had other brands which have lasted me for YEARS. NONE of these lasted more than 6 months. And quite frankly, with my super expensive molded prescription shoe inserts, they don't do me any better than with other brands without the so-called trampoline springs. DEFINITELY not worth the money or the hype.

donnararem
2/21/15

First I paid for two day delivery got them in three days that was a waste of money what a gimmick to make money. Ordered extra wide and they are no wider than a wide. After one week of walking the whole top leather is cracking. The shoes are hard as a rock to walk in bought intersole to put in them. Hardly any arch support at all. Bought them to wear after foot surgery. Total waste of my hard earned money and can't get a refund their 30 day refund is also a lie like the description of their shoes. Do not buy!

susanb73
2/8/15

I purchased a pair of Extora II for myself and another for my daughter. She liked her pair, but I didn't like mine. I sent them back promptly, following the return instructions to the letter. They acknowledged that they received the return, but first tried to get me to take a different pair of shoes instead of a refund. Then they started making me give them all of the same information that I had given them before, probably hoping to weasel out of giving me my money back!

Tip for consumers: Just don't!

kenw36
12/30/14

Caveat emptor. I purchased a pair ($130- Super Walk) in Sep of 2014, found them to be uncomfortable due to inadequate support and cushioning (similar to shoes selling for $60). Other than the quality of the shoe, the fun began when I returned them per the guarantee of a refund in 30 days. It required a few calls and emails to learn that, after 45 days, my refund request was still 'being processed'. Inquiring about the CEO, Tim Wallace, finally got them to honor the refund guarantee. Much different experience than with Shoebuy or Zappo.

jodiew9
11/26/14

My husband decided to try a pair. At my urging, He ordered a pair of "gdefy EXTORA II. This was after really looking and reading through the catalogs do he even called to see what the company person recommended for his special needs. He has Rheumatoid Arthritis and his feet are becoming very sensitive. He received his first pair in about 5 weeks? WHAT! They state 30 day free return-we didn't even get them for 42 days! Anyway, he started wearing the shoes and after about 2 wks they started making a cracking noise when he walked. It got worse & worse so he called the co they said they would send another pair. They arrived in 5 days! WHAT! He wore the new pair for maybe 4 days and they started the cracking noise. OK, my husband is still working-he needs good shoes, on his feet all day-he hurts ALL THE TIME- and YA, he has very "LIMITED" patience. He was DONE WITH THE SHOES AND THE COMPANY!!! I feel we were really "Taken in by the Company and their Claims we'd MISLEADING and FALSE !!! WE ARE BOTH GREATLY DISAPPOINTED. Done.

jasona45
6/26/14

I bought a pair of men's gdefy shoes. They felt weird at first but I thought I would get used to them. They always made me feel like I was wearing high heels and after a month I noticed my lower back was kind of sore. I quit wearing them to see if that made a difference and within a week I felt fine again. Good for somebody else maybe but not for me. I am past the 30 day return policy so I guess I'm stuck with them. Maybe I will just give them to goodwill. Thanks anyway gdefy.

kurtz2
5/1/14

I purchased a pair of gdefy work boots for a price of $200.00 plus $30.00 for shipping plus $27.00 exchange. Now I need to spend another $32.82 to send them back.When I checked the inside of both boots I noticed that the inside of the boots at the back part of the heel was worn through the cloth part with the white plastic exposed. These crooks sent me a pair of used boots, and insisted they where new . I sent pictures of the inside of the heel and they claimed I was sending pictures of worn athletic shoes. Their management would not believe me.In fact they were very difficult and couldn'tcare less about my problem. Do not buy this junk, you will get scammed.

patrician4
7/4/13

I am getting ready to buy my third pair of GDefy shoes. I have degenerative arthritis in my lower spine and these shoes help my back tremendously. I've had my athletic shoes for over an year and they are still in good shape. They just don't clean up as well as they did when they were new. I also have GDefy dress shoes and they work quite well also. I'm planning to buy two pair today.

-jose-
3/25/13

I decided to do the 30 day trial with this company because I wasn't sure what to expect. I actually liked the shoes a lot. They are comfortable and since I have been using them I noticed that the stress on my joints has seem to decrease. I purchased a pair of the Nextas because I jog pretty much everyday and figured that they would be good to lessen the impact on my joints. Well, I am very happy with the purchase and will recommend them to all of my friends.

jacobd8
10/30/12

thanks for the reviews> I was going to buy a pair of g defy but after reading the reviews i changed my mind and decided to buy something different.

gdefyp
4/2/11

Hey, the shoes are great actually if you have a problem with sore heals they will help that problem. The emails they sent use to be great, but lately they are really terrible. It also looks like a lot of the ideas they are using for marketing are stolen from some long gone marketing genius. Guess the people on their marketing team should have went to a better college. Whatever the shoes are great for sore heals, try them free for 30 days and if you don't like them you can always return them.

johns117
2/22/11

I bought Gravity Defyer sneakers about six moths ago. Within weeks the tip of the sneakers had come off. I used crazy glue to try to repair them. I did this three times.
The next problem was when the springs just came out of the heel. There is no repair for this! These sneakers are just plain junk and probably made in China. I paid $150.00 for trash they call quality shoes. Take it from me don't buy them, just plain crap.

debbieg3
1/8/11

I purchased a pair of g defy because of some foot issues. For the money I paid so not worth it. I feel no difference and at the end of the day my feet hurt. the backs fold over worse than any other sneaker when trying to put my foot in them. I will continue to by my nike or other sneakers before ever buying another pair of the gdefy.

dennisl3
7/22/10

I have worn a pair of GDEFY atheletic shoes for appox. 7 months. I am 71 and have had back surgery 3 years ago. I had not been able to walk more than 50 yards without experiencing severe pain in my lower back. Wearing my GDEFY shoes I was able to walk without any pain for a much longer distance. I have been wearing SAS shoes which are very good shoes, but the SAS did not stop my lower back pain. I believe my GDEFY shoes are responsible for eliminating my lower back pain. I now own 3 pair of GDEFY shoes.

cathyj1
5/5/10

Don't try to call Gdefy after making a purchase even if their item it defective. They won't answer the phone and if you are able to get an answer, your put on hold. I held the last time I was able to get through for 25 minutes only to talk to someone foreign that I couldn't understand. I retuned a pair of shoes for being defective on 4/19/10 and as of 5/5/10, they still haven't processed my return. They also made me pay to return the shoes out of my pocket. They were defective. Gdefy is with gadget universe. I think these shoes are one of their little gadgets. Since I ordered the shoes, I've read a lot of reviews stating that the shoes are substandard and poorly made. I'd just like to receive the pair i ordered to see for myself.

gails1
4/8/10

I purchased a pair of G-Defy sneakers for my son for gym classes. The sneakers are 6 months old and the metal spring on the inside of the sneakers are coming thru the material, making them impossible to wear as
you are now walking on a spring. When we called the company, they said there was nothing they could do but sell us another pair of sneakers with a
discount. They chose not to stand behind their product to see if there was
a quality problem. They were not even curious why this would happen after
six months. I would never buy another itme from this comapny as they do not
stand behind their ad of "Fully Guaranteed". After six months I am stuck with a $100.00 plus pair of useless sneakers that need to be thrown out.
Gail S.

howardg
9/23/09

I ordered shoes from gdefy.com and was told I could trace the UPS shipping via their website. The shoes were actually shipped and billed by AROA marketing, no website listed, and when I phoned their number (818) 833-4860) ("you have reached a number that is disconnected or is no longer in service"). Then I went back to gdefy.com and sent a "contact" email saying I could not find a way on their website to check on the UPS shipping to which they responded "Your request for assistance has been received. Case #551 - "Order" has been created for you. A member of our customer care team will respond to your case as soon as possible." That email was received last Saturday (9/19) and I have not heard from them yet.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gravity Defyer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: You can try them for free for 30 days, I don't see how it would be a bad idea. They are very soft on the heals if this is your discomfort. http://gdefyshoes.com/
4/2/11
Answer
johnh25
A: I was about to buy a pair of gdefy shoes for my husband, could someone let me know if this is a bad idea????
12/1/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Was interested in the walkers in the lime green, went to the only store in Minnesota that carries these shoes, but was told only Black, Silver, Pink, also can't get the discount that you offer.
7/15/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Gravity Defyer staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Gravity Defyer?