US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Companies

77 Reviews for Fiverr.com

Review Highlights

I'm a buyer at fiverr and suddenlly they just block my account.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

7/27/14

I have had some great projects delivered by Fiverr. I also helped an artist get to his next level financially by rehiring him for multiple gigs.

7/20/14

Fiverr is a joke, a complete waste of time. I wanted to get something done there, created my own gig, and got about 15 sellers offers. These sellers were barely literate, spoke horrible English, did not understand what to do, and were unable to follow basic instructions. After reading the reviews from former sellers here, I can understand, that no reasonable seller is going to work with Fiverr on a long term basis. The website itself is very user unfriendly and customer support non existent. I would advise everyone to stay away from it. Also stay away from someone named Tom Jandula. He sells expensive online courses claiming he is an expert in outsourcing, and then he recommends using Fiverr :-)))

7/10/14

They seem be favor their FEATURED providers as they do their best to shelter them from negative feedback. Horrible customer service by the way.

7/4/14

I created a gig on this site. They blacklisted me without notification. After that, they sent me an e-mail about not delivering an assignment on time. How was I suppose to complete the assignment if my account was deactivated?

6/29/14

As a freelancer myself: HORRIBLE, STAY AWAY FROM IT!.
If you are a proffesional and have been working as a freelancer in other webs or with agencies you will find this place as ridiculous as I did.

Lets get started with the only Pro:
- (Some) Friendly Buyers with nice ideas. Period.

Now the Cons:

- 20% commission, you paid dear not the buyer. Pretty high for $5 huh?.

- Fiverr works by levels:
* 0 - You can only work per 5
* 1 - $5, $10 and $20 are allowed
* 2 - $5, $10, $20 and $40 are allowed
Top rated seller - Fiverr choose you. In order to be picked you must be a good boy okay? Oh, and did I meantion you MUST overdeliver and make free revision to be choosen? Yes, and all for $4.

- Silliest rules you've ever read:
* No portfolio url, only web allowed is Flickr. If you post any other portfolio prepare to lose all of your levels and perks, oh, if you are new forget about leveling up soon.

* Skype, mail, message, contact, etcare bad words. You get a red warning for writing it.

* Vacation time for your account only for 28 days per year (Yes! As if you were actually working on a real job!)

* Any mistake, even post an innocent url means get your levels removed and the tags from your gigs, also your gigs do not appear on front page. Fiverr support does nothing about it.

* 5 star rating system for a $4 USD work. I mean, really?

* Paypal buyers can pay and ask paypal to refund. Yes! FIVERR HAS NOT GUARANTEED PAYMENT FOR FREELANCERS!. Support does nothing about it.

* If you need to 'suspend' your gig for any reason you must acknowledge that doing means for it to lose ranking on the search engine, even if it's the best out there.

* You cannot choose with who you want to work with, people purchase your product and if they ask apples for a gig that sales watermelons, guess what happens? YOU ,as a seller, lose perks, cannot level up in the near future and get bad rating. Just what you read.
I may be probably missing lots of things, but that is my experience on Fiverr, month and half, 77 sales, 100% positive review still level 0 for posting a link to my behance portfolio. As I said on the beggining of the review. STAY AWAY from it, unless you want to stress out and work extremely hard, with hard rules only for $4.
Defintly, NOT FOR REAL PROFFESIONALS.

6/27/14

I've ordered from a few different vendors and was very happy with the results. However, the Fiverr website and customer service absolutely suck. The site is not user-friendly at all. To me , that's a sign of a company that doesn't give a s__t about their customers. There are little to no proper directions on basic ordering and other basic functions. Don't even think about 'customer service' - they really discourage it. After several frustrating attempts to send $$ to a vendor, I decided to check out reviews. Needless to say, Fiverr got bashed by MOST reviewers for similar reasons. So, carefully choose your vendors and you should be happy. But don't expect much from Fiverr themselves.

6/21/14

AM taking Fiverr on to the regulatory bodies and would like help from you all. I need the following information. Business ID number and where its registered.

6/18/14

Zero stars for this scam website (I had to put one but they shouldn't get any. I ordered a service for $5. They sent an email telling me to create an account and then login. That never worked. I couldn't log in. I sent a bunch of emails. They never replied. They don't have any customer service number. I now escalated the claim via paypal to dispute the claim.

Unbelievable. Stay far far away

6/16/14

The support is horrible. Whatever money you earn by doing projects for others, these guys are swallowing. They have very irresponsible support, they don't respond to the queries. They cheat by holding the earnings by the freelancers. They release the earnings for sometime and after the guys accumulate good earnings, they will not release it. They keep it for themselves.

6/6/14

I'm surprised to find all of the one star reviews for fiverr.com. I guess the experience can vary greatly depending on who you choose to use on the site.

I've been fortunate to have very good experiences with the majority of gigs I have purchased on Fiverr. Since SiteJabber is for reviewing the SITE, I definitely have to give fiverr five stars. I think it's an awesome idea, and fiverr has gone a great job of organizing their interface and feedback system. It allows you to quickly find someone offering their services and see what kind of experiences others have had with them.

I just referred my brother to them a few days ago and he has been very happy with his first experience with them. It just so happens that he was over by my house today and brought it up in our conversation. He had an excel program he wanted created in connection with his business and he was very happy with someone he used on fiverr to create it. He is familiar with creating excel macros, etc. (as am I), but it's so much better to have someone do it who does it day in and day out and is able to do it much more efficiently than he or I could.

6/3/14

Have been using fiverr periodicaly both as a buyer and as a seller.
I have mixed experience. I recommend to do your homework before buying any gigs.

As for support, I had to contact them only once, and it took them four days to reply.

5/28/14

I spent $45 to get an upgraded service. The seller sent me a gorgeous picture of my new custom business cards. 1 month later the actual cards show up and the are complete junk. I could have made better cards on my home computer. It is almost impossible to get any help from customer service. In the end neither fiverr or the seller would refund my money. Complete scam!

5/16/14

It is virtually impossible to contact support if (and when) you have a problem with a seller, and from I can tell a seller can then block you from contacting them, once you realise they are not delivering what you have paid for. May only be $5 bucks, but its a total waste of $5!!! You are left with the fiverr website that goes around in "contact us circles" and nothing else…. total waste of money.

5/5/14

Sellers communicate a ton on the front end to assure you that they can and will complete your jobs / gigs then bail after not delivering anything and making excuses to buy more time for the job. They basically work the system, string you along to let you think your job is being done, then ask for a few days grace and hide behind the cancellation policy.

Right now getting customer service via their website is near impossible, they police their facebook (but complaints on there do seem to get their attention), their sellers are protected by the cancellation policy and that leaves us buyers where exactly?

I'm reporting my experience to the Better Business, Bureau and suggest that everyone else - buyer or seller do the same. After having this issue and searching the web for help I realized the site is known for near non existent customer support and has even had magazine articles written up about how bad the customer help features are.

4/30/14

They say, if you top rated seller, you will have fast response from costumer service.
Its lie.
Im top rated seller with 95% good review, and last time iam report that someone hack my account. It actually 5 minutes after the hacker do their bad thing to my account. And the response was 5 day after i report it. Then after all they shout down my account and all my money gone. They say, you can withdrawl your money after 40-60 day. But, after 60 day, i contact them again to withdrawn my money, the response was nothing.
Surely, they took all of your money after your effort and hard job. beware of this site.
The costumer service and security system soo poor.

4/14/14

I researched fiverr on Alexa and found it to be ranked number 67 in the US. That is a fantastic ranking so I bought services from four of fiverr's sellers. I produce about 300 leads per month on my own and fiverr produced N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

3/31/14

It's too bad there isn't a mark for no star! This company is a scam and they will try and steal your money not to mention completely wasting all your time. I have a resolution conflict into PayPal, hopefully it is refunded and PayPal closes their account. They don't respond immediately and there is no way to speak with them via good old phones. They create emails hours after the questions are generated. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! Save your money and better yet save your time. Find someone else to help you.

3/23/14

There is literally NO customer service. I had a problem where the seller did not deliver the product, so I wanted to cancel and receive a refund. There is no phone number. They redirect you in an endless circle where it is counter productive, in hopes that you will simply give up. The rating system is a joke. You're not allowed to give a bad review if you are dissatisfied, and everything is the buyer's fault. DO NOT USE this site!!!

3/6/14

Great website! Have always enjoyed coming here for good deals on little things I need help with. One thing is, sometimes people aren't able to complete the gigs as expected, but you'll find someone to. Would recommend with confidence.

3/3/14

if you have a tedious task you just don't want to spend the time one, 5$ will get it done on fiverr. a brilliant concept and a great way to crowd source simple work. i use it often and for the most part get quality work done that is really worth the money.

3/2/14

Did not order anything from them. Four charges show up on my credit card for $5 each. My credit card fraud service catches it and calls me. Now I have to get a new card with new numbers and have the pain of having to change all my automatic payments I have attached to my credit card. They won't get a penny from me, but I will pay in the hassle. Also filed a complaint with PayPal as that is the service these charges went through. Very frustrating.

3/1/14

Fiverr scammed me out of $20 when a seller took my money and ran. They didn't deliver and Fiverr kept the money. Yet another candyfloss company based on shoddy ethics and VC backing. The internet stinks at times.

2/21/14

Fiverr is a scam. The website enables sellers to scam buyers. I hear the other way around to. It is a scammers paradise and the Fiverr website apparently thrives on this environment. Avoid at all costs.

2/1/14

Extremely poor customer service, extremely ridiculous fee structure (which they try to hide through their young forward-thinking approach)...I will be developing something much better and much more transparent without having to inundate people with fees.

1/20/14

Fiverr last week blocked my account with $ 188
Because of this imbecile ( http://fiverr.com/ucffool ) ( http://mariolurig.com/ ) ( https://twitter.com/ucffool )
I made a 3D model ( very good modeling ) ,but he had not liked the model .I sent and render ( image ) for free,and do not know he wrote those from Fiverr and blocked my account.
Our dialogue on Fiverr ( http://postimg.org/image/6xmirflv3/245349b3/ )
Mario Lurig if you read this message EAT $#*! AND DIE WHORE .

Sorry for my english.

1/3/14

I have worked in many freelancing websites and this by far the worst out there. It is full of technical bugs,it takes more than 14 days to withdraw the funds (not to mention you don't get full 5 dollars) and their support system is slow or non-existent in case of an issue. I did get some clients but the whole website and system sucks. If you truly want to have a pleasant experience, try odesk instead.

12/10/13

So many scam seller. Customer Support also help buyers to scam sellers. No help at all from customer support. Not recommend at all. Go for other freelancer sites. Keep away from it. (Fiverr Seller - Fedup with Fiverr the way they do now)

11/11/13

Full of scammers. Even the customer support lies and steals your money. STAY AWAY from them !
This video tells exactly what is going on fiverr: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuRDg0IbgKQ

11/7/13

Agonizingly frustrating for sellers and low quality services offered to buyers. And all the while Fiverr extracting a usurious 1 dollar from every five. I would suggest buyers spend a few more dollars and minutes of due diligence seeking better options. Sellers, don't be tempted by the "fast" money, learn to promote yourself or risk being held forever captive as a glorified Fiverr slave.

11/6/13

It used to be fine, and then one day they just ... closed my acct! with 180$ in it btw. No real reason, I wanted to order a gig off someone related to another site, but it was a gig, not spam, not anything like that. I'm filing a complaint with the BBB and reaching out to the press. If anyone wants to do the same contact me. condra.15@gmail.com

11/6/13

Do NOT use this site! They scammed me for my money and I opened a dispute through paypal. As soon as I done so, they blocked my account. I bought 2 gigs from this seller: http://fiverr.com/youtubeviews04 and they never responded..PLEASE do NOT use this site for ANYTHING. It's all a SCAM!!

10/30/13

This site is a scam. I found out not as a customer but as a freelancer. This site contacts freelancers like myself through websites like ODESK and ELANCER with the pretext that they are hiring illustrators to work under them. They then get you to do a "test", project. Upon completion you won't hear from them again.
I thought it was fishy so I looked into their other videos and noticed each one was created by a different artist. Unlike most companies that have in-house illustrators this one tricks artists into doing work for free.
I was soon contacted by another "client" with another job. Things were ok at first but then his information began to get dicey, and I investigated to find it was another front company that makes videos identical to these.
These people need to be shut down.

10/29/13

Total scam. Twice I never get what I paid for. No help from Fiverr. Open a complain with paypal, then get banned by fiverr.

10/24/13

Too worst site, FIverr.com taken $800 without my permission, I am sending messages from one month but not getting reply from them.

TOO WORST SITE, I WILL KILL THEM. TOO WORST SERVICES.

10/23/13

Buyer beware, Fiverr.com is a HUGE scam. If you buy anything from them you better kiss that money goodbye. The gigs aren’t all $5, they use that to reel you in and there are almost always additional charges. I ordered a “fiverr” that ended up being a 45er instead. I paid $45 for a $5 gig, and never received it. They say you won’t be charged until you get your order but that’s a huge lie. Once your money is tied up with these scammers, you will never see it again. They do not refund money or honor their guarantees. The seller I dealt with simply stole my money and never delivered the product. Then Fiverr told me they do not give money back, but only refund “fiverr crrdits” in case you want to order anything else you will never receive. They are truly crooks.
• I paid with paypal and opened a dispute with them since Fiverr has the worst customer support in the whole world. After countless emails from Fiverr trying to bully me and harass me out of the paypal dispute I was pissed. They try to avoid the fact that they will not give your money back, but rather refund you is $#*!ty useless Fiverr credits. SO they just stole my money and lied.

• If you leave bad reviews on sellers, they simply delete them to make themselves look good. They pay people to write good reviews and get rid of bad ones online as well. SCAM!

• DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH FIVERR! They stole my money, never delivered and I just found out that they gave my computer numerous viruses and spyware. They will harass you and steal from you.BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

10/3/13

Terrible experience! Seller took $ & when I had not gotten ring after 2 weeks emailed seller over 3 times & she never got back to me...(seller..Kayxo_xo) I also emailed Fiverr "HELP" department several times with No response AT ALL as well. Finally I emailed Paypal to open a claim & ONLY then did I hear back from Fiverr, which was when they banned my account with them for opening a 'claim' through Paypal. Fiverr also then removed my 'thumbs down' review about seller warning other innocent buyers of her scam. I believe Fiverr is a fraudulent website that IN NO WAY protects the buyer from these scamming alleged sellers.
*P.S. Still no response from seller (Kayxo_xo) and as of today she continues to take people's $ without mailing the ring.

10/1/13

So far I have enjoyed ordering and selling on Fiverr. I avoid scams easily by reading all of the gig description and contact the seller before buying so we are both clear on what they can do and my expectations. Completed satisfied almost every time!

9/23/13

It's a hell, and sellers doesn't replies after ordering unbelievable.
Hoping to go for thatifthis which seems to fkn rock the fkn way out and doesn't needs my money damn!!

9/18/13

Horrible site its not even worth it if you make $5 or $10 becuase they hold it to 45, 90 days lmfao! i could make money fast beggin people. Also they close your account for no reason... honestly only good alternative to this piece of a site is www.5spot.ca only good one ive ever seen and now using

9/15/13

I ordered a gig from alliemadison12, and she sent a bad video, so I asked her to fix it, and all she did was tell me it was fine "as you can see". I wrote a negative review as is my right, and Fiverr censored it twice now. There was no reason to do that. I told the truth, and used proper language, so I am posting my negative review here for Fiverr.

9/8/13

i just discovered fiverr because they were talking about in the comedy central show they mention you can get gig for $5 i checked fiverr and i have to say the idea is AMAZING just order few books review and those delivered in 1 day fiverr is awesome!

8/30/13

Nice idea, smart design, great source of funny brainstorming for your viral campaign. But be aware of the facebook paid promotion, it's waste of your budget. You probably already know that :)

8/29/13

They feel they can "cancel" or "restrict" your account for no such reason at all. They state it doesn't go with their terms of service, but then you ask specifically what you did and they can't clarify. I had over 600 orders completed, 50 + returned monies because people don't full read what my gig offered etc etc, and was stripped of my level one and two badges even at a 98% with $500 left to cash out owed to me. I am allowed to complete my already bought gigs, but not able to accept any new gigs. Keeping $1 off of every $5 you make and saying its for taxes? I just don't buy that. I'll be looking for something else to occupy my spare time to make extra money. Fiverr customer support isn't even there. Waste of time

8/27/13

I've had one of the best experiences here on Fiverr. I am able to get by with drawing and, to be honest, the people here have low standards, so most people will hire anyone. (At least in my 'field'.)

I have made an decent amount of profit here, despite the fact that Fiverr takes $1 from every gig that is ordered.
Which means that you are technically earning $4 a gig, and NOT $5. So they should kind of change their site name, but four-rr would have sounded dumb so they went with Fiverr.

You also get hit with the Paypal fee when you withdraw your money, so I recommend letting your money accumulate and withdraw it when you have a lot of money. That way you aren't hit with EXTREME paypal fees. It's a better option than getting a check mailed to you for a $5 fee. RIP OFF.

I also hate that when I cancel a gig I paid for, they give the money back to you as Fiverr credit and if you try to withdraw it, you get hit with a paypal fee, so it's technically taking money away from you. Might as well spend it on some other gig.

All and all this website is Okay.
Nice design, nice concept, but it's still a bit annoying to use because of all the fees.

8/16/13

Website is a complete scam. They allow sellers to offer followers on facebook and twitter using fake accounts but the follows disappear once money has changed hands. Reviews are also manipulated, with negative reviews not showing and fake positive reviews allowed. They also keep one dollar, so sellers only get four dollars. Doesn't seem worth it for the buyer or the seller.

8/12/13

Don't trust their customer feedback. Only satisfied customers can even give feedback. One fiverr seller got my Twitter account suspended. I changed my password and stopped her from proceeding, but I only had one option after that and that is to cancel the order without leaving feedback. Honestly, I would rather leave feedback than get my lousy $5.00. If it's a choice, I'll choose the feedback, but I don't have a choice. Unhappy customers aren't allowed to leave feedback.

7/27/13

Hi,

i was the seller on fiverr.com and they blocked my account for no reason i was designing logos on this sites and completed over 29 orders, 6 delivered and 42 in queue pending!

they cancelled all the 42 + 6 delivered orders also disabled my account. I told them clearly that i haven't got paid for the work the copyrights of the work i have done is still mine and no buyer can use it untill i get paid for the work! But they didn't responded!

fiverr tells everyone about their terms but they don't follow it themselves and its piece of crap for users not for fiverr!

They are big scams they said to me i need to wait for 3 months to get paid! so if 3months are not over no buyer can use my logos as they copyrighted!

Fiverr support is even worse and don't provide any support at all.

Stay away from them they are complete scammers

7/24/13

It all depends on what kind of fiverr gig provider you find as there are honest people and then there are useless con artists that will just waste your time. However Fiverr always refunds you if you are not happy with the gig you purchased.

7/24/13

Fiverr.com is horrible for sellers. It takes about 3 weeks to withdraw money from any revenue you make. Also, Fiverr now only allows you to make 1 withdraw every 48 hours day. So basically Fiverr does everything they can to hold on to your money. They do it to earn interest on your money.

7/24/13

Sellers can wait 4-5 days, then just up and cancel your order. Then you can't leave feedback. People on there are insanely flakey, and anyone with less than 500 reviews is very likely to be just one more in an army of shady people. Have people make videos for you, K, that works great but in reality it's worthless! All the value that could be in this site is in people who can write, but they are shady.

The Best Funny Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber