US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

guenters

I had one question for customer service which was answered sufficiently within 72 hours, Good enough for me. (in 51 reviews)

lenb5

I read a lot of poor reviews sighting customer support communication as a problem. (in 27 reviews)

njt

One of the things I don't like about Fiverr is that you never get your money back. (in 138 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

mikes405
5/27/16

does one like me.
never sold anything,
and never buy anything!
It is pure scam, support is not.
He warned you for no reason, and totally ignored
other illegal request. you're always IN the wrong.
I have several screenshots which I publish like for press
will, I did not support such fraudulent activities!
We are seriously offended by buyers.
support it is no matter,
We are troating with buyers, support does not care! IGNORE US!
support cautioned us that even if we do not
stop with report by scammers that we ourselves will be dispelled.

old what are interpersonal rules?
such a page is forbidden!!!!!!!!!

CAUTION DO NOT TRADE HERE!

ninal22
5/26/16

I ordered a logo, got one (very fast), which I really liked (and I gave a tip as well) and yesterday I found out that this same logo is used from an the Australian Health Party.... fortunately before printing my business cards.

For me this is fraud to tell that a special logo is made FOR you ..... and it is just copied from wherever.

christiney5
5/24/16

I order a logo and had some revisions and never received the fixed logo. There is no number or way to contact staff. I wish I had gone to 99 designs. You pay for what you get.

pamelap24
5/23/16

I ordered a logo and was told if I ordered the Pro Package that I would get the following: unlimited revisions, 3 different versions of the logo, vector file, logo transparency, 3D mockup, media kit, business cards and stationary temples, source file, high resolution and free commercial license. Well after being late on the delivery I finally got a logo that I wasn't happy with, a png file download and a source file. I asked for a revision and asked where the rest of the items that I had paid for about 4 times and never received a response. Can not get any live customer service, just FAQ page. Can not seem to get my money back. I even tried another fiverr seller and was told that they could/would be able to deliver what I wanted but when I tried to order they changed the price by triple the original price. I would not recommend fiverr.com to anyone!

nicholasc23
5/20/16

I have been a buyer for about 6 years, mostly book cover designs, the people I use, are ones I have built a relationship with, the cheap ones are not always the best, but with me its been trial and error.
I have also been scammed by web designers, the Far East sellers. that cant speak English very well, and are very poor at communication they are the worse!!

maryb290
5/9/16

Wow! I am currently starting a blog for WAHMs and Fiverr is one of my favorite ways to make income. I did a Google on Fiverr reviews and I came across this site. I have to say that I was in shock to see so many dissatisfied customers.

My name is Mary Carroll and I make Wix websites. My work is impeccable and I work with my customers until they are completely happy or I will refund their money. No questions asked. I have over 200 feedbacks and about 4 of them are dissatisfied customers, everyone else is happy with my business and quality of work.

I feel so sad to see that the Fiverr community has let you down. I would hope that Fiverr wants to make things better by putting better measures to benefit the customers.

Please feel free to contact me on Fiverr if you need a Wix website built. You can review my feedback and see that it is full of positive reviews.

Thank you for posting your frustrations, just remember that there are still good people who do love their customers and their customers love them back.

Wish you all well.

5/8/16

There is no limit mentioned when you signing up, about contacting sellers. But once you contacted a few, you'll be marked spam and sent through troubles. I never advertised anything, didn't mention my business URL, but merely asked the capabilities in terms of technology from the sellers. But I got black marked for no reason.

Keep off Fiverr. Or get them to make it reasonable. Horrible support at times too. They seem to run with no reasonable rules in place. For example in T&C they say even though your seller didn't deliver, you are obliged to pay the fee for the transaction. How ridiculous! You place order, you pay, and wait, and wait some more, seller doesn't respond, and he asks to cancel order. Fiverr say, oops sorry you need to pay me the fee! Because, T&C says so!!

They REALLY NEED TO CHANGE THEIR RULES IN THE GAME WHEN FACING THE WORLD. These rules perhaps good for Israel, but perhaps ONLY for Israel, not for anywhere else where people are more honest and normal.... I can't think of any other reason why their rules are so ridiculous...

cathys48
5/6/16

Yeah i would like to know why you handed my email out to every one and there aunty i had an exclusive mail box for this sign up with 12 hours i have received 45 email offering me free money make millions here ???

You have obviously submitted my email to a spam/listprovider/crooks and thieves

i will make sure i let as many people konw as i can

daves177
5/5/16

This is another bogus site offering freelance services.

1. Most of the "sellers" are rogues - poor to no services will be delivered
2. They will submit to you for review that order is completed even when they had just started work
3. When order is submitted for review, it is so that Fiverr's system kicks in to automatically mark the order as completed after 3 days. You will not receive any notification in the email.
4. Once the system marks the order as completed, money is released to the seller 14 days after. You can only cancel order out of mutual consent with the seller.
5. When you query Fiverr for such a bogus process, customer support is quick to pull up terms of service that you will probably be seeing for the first time and telling you that orders are only refunded back into your "shopping balance". But this BS and bogus if you fall for it. They have no right to hold on to your funds as it violates the credit card industry guidelines for merchants or with PayPal.
6 Fight for your refunds, they will try to buy time. They will put restrictions on your accounts saying that opening a dispute with PayPal or your Credit Card company is a violation of their bogus "terms of service" They will urge you to close those disputes for the matter to be resolved, if you fall for it, you lose your right to fight for a refund through those channels as for example in PayPal, closed disputes cannot be reopened or escalated to PayPal Claims.

My advice, just stay away. It is rather unfortunate because I would imagine that there are some genuine sellers with honest intentions to deliver good service but really they are like the remnants. My advice to such is to leave these fraudsters and go to platforms such as Upworks.

My advice to Fiverr, you may have been scamming some but you cannot scam all. I am coming for your head. I will see that your service is shut down and you criminals tracked down.

Tip for consumers: Don't even try, trust me. Try Upworks instead or elance. They are more expensive but you have more freelancers who know what they are doing. You still have to carry your due diligence though. Just a lot of scams online

jeremyl44
5/2/16

walukepi001
May 2, 3:54 PM
I have been trying to get a gig finished for three weeks. The first seller that I contacted didn't take any action on the gig until 30 minutes before the due date and then wanted me to resubmit all of the requirements to him again. I cancelled that order and returned to someone who I purchased a gig off of a year ago which cost me 4 times as much. Then even though I had $10 in credit on my account, your site pulled the full amount out of my PayPal.
After I returned to a previous seller that I used a year ago, I provided all of the requirements and heard nothing back until the day of the deadline where I received an email claiming connectivity issues and that he would need an extra 24-48 hours on my gig. I agreed to provide him the extra time and the due date came and went again without any product being given.
When I contact him this morning, I get a .png file instead of the different versions that the gig promises and no source files. To make it worse, the image doesn't fit on the size page that I informed him multiple times that I was looking for.
So bottom line is that I was scammed out of my $40 plus your commission. To say that I will never use your service again is an understatement. I am cancelling my account as soon as this email is sent. I will make it my mission to flame you on any customer service site that I come across.

jeremiahn8
5/1/16

Ratings on fiverr are not really right: many users are paying for a gig in exchange for a good review. As a result, you face lots of bad sellers from India or Pakistan.

annae26
4/29/16

Fiverr has given me both some good experiences, and some bad experiences. My industry is book publishing, so I mainly deal with editing, proofreading, artwork and translations. I will list the good and bad and let you make your own opinion.

THE GOOD:

-the way gigs are set up, you have an idea, before you inquire, how much your job might cost.

-the star-ratings give you an idea if other buyers had a good experience.

-easy payment options through your credit card or Paypal.

-transfers the payments automatically into foreign currencies so you don't have to walk around with a calculator or deal with the daily currency fluctuations around the globe.

-I've had some really positive experiences on Fiverr and met some great, hard-working sellers.

THE NEUTRAL:

-Fiverr doesn't hire or screen their sellers. The rating system is crowd-sourced by other buyers. It's possible to game the system with reviews.

-You get what you pay for. Seriously! If somebody is charging far less than others for the same job and isn't a brand-new seller, it should send up a red flag. On the other hand, if somebody is brand-new, you may or may not want to take a chance on them. Give them a SMALL job, see how well they do, before you hire them for something more important.

-There is a 5% processing fee on top of whatever you gig-cost is which is not clearly spelled out. Once you get bitten, you learn to incorporate it in when bidding on an offer. It's not an unreasonable fee, especially since you are often dealing with credit card merchant fees or foreign currency conversion fees. It's the lack of transparency to spell it out beforehand which makes this 'meh.'

-Fiverr doesn't differentiate between 'quickies' and professional-grade work. For example, if I need ad-copy quickly translated for a quick $5 gig, that work is different from a job where the translator converted a 150,000 word novel. And yet both count as a single rating with the same weight. That could be improved so the truly great sellers rise to the top. It would also help me, as a buyer, because when I contract for a big job, I want to know the person did similar work. I dunno ... maybe REQUIRE a longer survey for bigger jobs, send a 'REVIEW THIS' email followup with specific questions?

THE BAD:

-sellers are heavily skewed toward people who want to make a quick buck doing lots of quick $5 gigs, so if you have a larger job, you might end up with a lot of people who are flaky.

-You get a lot of amateurs on Fiverr, people who bid on a big job, and bit off more than they can chew. But that doesn't show up in the ratings except you may notice lots of 'not delivered on time - cancelled.' Always look through the reviews, try to discern what kinds of jobs people did before you buy.

-If you cancel your order, Fiverr keeps the money in your 'account.' They don't refund the money. You have to use it for another gig. Now this isn't necessarily a deal-buster for a small job, but when you work like I do with larger scale translations totaling hundreds or thousands of dollars, it's a bad business policy. It discourages me, as a buyer, from bidding out larger jobs on Fiverr.

-For a job such as translations, where the buyer is completely at the mercy of the translator to do an accurate job, there are a LOT of shysters on Fiverr who simply cut-and-paste your document into GoogleTranslate or BabelCube and you have no way to know unless you hire an independent editor to do a second pass-through. Again, for me, as somebody who would LIKE to bring bigger jobs to Fiverr (totaling thousands of dollars per job), it gives me pause in using them for the bigger jobs.

-Due to the quick timeframe when you are expected to pay the seller after delivery and then rate them, by the time you realize you've found a second set of eyeballs to proofread your work and realized you've gotten a translation that is so bad you cannot use it at all, there is no way to go back and make it known in the crowd-sourced ratings.

-What gets RATED is essentially 'did this seller deliver on time' and not QUALITY of the job.

-If the seller needs more time to finish the job for a legitimate reason and you want to GIVE them that time to extend the deadline, Fiverr doesn't have a way to create a mutually extended deadline. It's either cancel the job (in which case the seller gets dinged on their reviews) or hold your breath and hope they deliver it after you've already paid for it.

-For translation and editing, MOST sellers advertise they'll give up to 'x-number of revisions' for a writing/translation gig. However, for the most part, when I've gone back to these sellers to get the revisions (usually simple stuff, the proofreader spotted some typos or grammatical errors) they essentially disappear. There is no way to rate the 'follow up' rate or enforce it.

-Fiverr sellers have an unofficial 'blacklist' for buyers who leave a negative review for shoddy work. So you will find, after leaving a negative review, no matter how shoddy the work was, that all of a sudden your quote-inquiries don't get answered, or they'll get answered, but then a few hours later the seller will back out of the work. As a businesswoman, I expect to get what I paid for. I am very flexible and reasonable.

THE SUPER-INEXCUSABLY BAD:

-If you have money leftover in your account, you can only USE that money if you hire a gig for the EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY OR LESS. So if you cancelled a gig for $45 because the seller failed to deliver, but the more competent guy you hire to replace him wants $50 to do the job, you have to PAY ANOTHER $50 FROM SCRATCH and can't use that $45 sitting in your account, which you already paid the fees for, plus $5. This is outright stupid bad business policy. Seriously?

cask12
4/26/16

this lady is the best she got me to 1 on the search engines within 2 months for little money happy

omp11
4/25/16

I have given a order on fiverr to send traffic on my website Www.ewriticle.com . It has 2 days past but still I did not get any traffic to my website. The persons shown in its profile to send millions of visitors but zero results till now

vernh27
4/25/16

Bought a gig and did not pay $5, surprise, surprise. The work provided was amateur at a stretch of imagination. The language was weak and grammar was all over the shop. I laughed out loud reading it the first time. Seller took 8 days to complete a simple task and I asked repeatedly for changes to be done and was provided a non existent "revised" version.
Subsequent requests for a cancellation was only met with a refund of a third of the work, reason being that work had already been done. Writing to fiverr, they colluded with the seller saying that work has been already done, and it's the prerogative of the seller to refund or not.
Absolute sham job. Go to upwork.com where the standards are much better.

amyw116
4/25/16

I have tried fiverr two times and the simplest orders turned into nightmares. Why is he site called fiverr?? Why more than 5 dollars, what a joke.

andyg49
4/25/16

How does this work or make any sense...
You order a gig for $10 You get charged $10.50 Yes the 50c is an admin charge...
You do not get your Gig....
You do NOT get your money back... You get a CREDIT of $10 FIVERR keep the 50c
And then to rub salt into wound YOU CANNOT LEAVE FEEDBACK ON THE IDIOT THAT DIDN'T DO THE GIG THAT YOU PAID FOR....
So they can carry on doing this over and over again just picking out the cream jobs and trashing the rest and never get a bad review...
Just feel for the honest Sellers on Fiverr...

rakeshk14
4/23/16

I have was working as seller it took two years to get me to level two and they banned my account without giving any warning . even terrorist are given time to defend themselves in court they just banned my account took my money

josephh89
4/15/16

I used fiverr a lot of times, tried different sellers/gigs and had both positive and negative experiences
Positive. A lot of sellers, various and very interesting gigs, cheap cost - 5 bucks for everything. And easy to cancel the order if seller failed to deliver on time
Negative. A huge number of scam sellers. My examples, I bought 500 twitter subscribers from US but got only 200, mainly bots and part not from America. Or translation, seller sent me german translation of my article and i'm pretty sure he used Google or something. But no chances to prove something to Customer support

dellac3
4/15/16

As a level 2 seller on fiverr, i can say the freelance site is one of the best out there.

arnoldp20
4/14/16

There customers support is non useless just plain stupid. I tell them im sending messages for a job but no response. There response is send another message. What a bunch of morons!!!

annabellab1
4/12/16

I cannot create an account to become a customer and there is no one alive from Fiverr to offer assistance in what is obviously a technical glitch. I input all the information and it saids it will take 30 seconds to process, and stays forever in that loop. I have tried 4 times, same lack of result. And even more concerning, there is no real Help or customer service in Fiberr, cannot find it in all their site, so the question becomes: What will happen when there is a problem with a vendor, who is there to help out? Site looks great, but inspires now distrust in me when the most simple task, joining in as a customer, does not work and there is no one around to help out. I am resourcing to search the web in order to find help, outside of their site. Not really good. Specially when by doing this, I am finding all kinds of bad reviews about Fiberr. Sure way to lose clients by not providing any support. Probably is a few brilliant tech friends who run this site but do not know how to run a proper company, where customer service should always be the foundation. Well, hope they will learn eventually since their concept is brilliant but lacking in the most fundamental basis of business ethics and principles.

marks362
4/11/16

I want a refund to my paypal account. The content writer are fraugilent and use plagiarized material. Fiverr have no customer service for me to request money back. What can i do? I do not want to use fiver they are holding my money hostage.

naveenp2
4/9/16

it only favor for usa sellers, the fiverr not grow other seller who not from usa, it give many order only from usa seller. this is very bad website . i using this site from 1 year and i have good gigs but i only 90 orders .

nancyl85
4/9/16

watch this it explains all :-\

agensi
4/8/16

This gig :

just saved me for over 200$ I receive 1 Month Moz Pro account and Semrush account, I know that both offer 30 and 14 days free trial but I don't want to submit my credit card information,

rasminv
4/4/16

After a year on fiverr as both seller and buyer, I have to conclude that fiverr is just cheating both buyers and sellers.
As a buyer, refunds are not being made to credit card or PayPal - unless you raise it with your bank or PayPal. A process which might take another four weeks.
As a seller, fiverr might block your funds even after customers gave you a 5* review and marked the order as compete.
Taking 20 % commission and having to wait for 2 weeks (+3 days if order is not marked as complete) to be paid should make competent customer support affordable.

hn19
4/4/16

I've attempted to use Fiverr several times but to be honest the graphic design quality is shocking. The SEO services I've bought have been good. But seriously, if you want a decent logo or graphic design, pay a local person to do it, pay someone with some understanding of marketing and communication.

My biggest irk with Fiverr, is the sellers badging me for a good review when their products have been s**t. I've been generous with some of my reviews and yet I still get emails asking for 5 stars. If it's not worth five stars, I'm not giving it five stars.

chrisl151
4/3/16

I have been a Fiverr buyer for 3 years and a seller on Fiverr for 30 days.

Fiverr is a platform where you have independent individuals (not employees) that can be very talented, at the very least saving you a lot of time outsourcing tasks at the cheapest rate. As with any other website where you hire a freelancer, it is up to you to screen candidates before hiring them. Fiverr protects the buyer and seller as much as possible, but you also have a responsibility.

If you buy a Gig, you can cancel if the seller does not deliver in the agreed time. The seller has to mark the job as completed and you have to accept it or reject it. If you don't do anything, the job will auto-close in 3 days as if you agree that it is completed. Never accept jobs that only delivers after the closing date, that does not make any sense to do that.

For Sellers, Fiverr keeps your payment for 2 weeks and takes 20%. Amazon, for example, keeps your money for 6 weeks and keep at least 30% of your payment. They both have a clientele of ready buyers and they provide you free exposure or traffic.

My experience with buying Gigs have been above average value for the money spent.
Yes, there were duds, people who didn't deliver, but that is a tiny percentage. I have never lost money with Fiverr.

Like any other company, Fiverr has terms of service, most of which are common sense, such as, for sellers, no fake accounts, no fake orders and reviews for your own Gig etc. If you ignore these, your account will be suspended. Play by the rules, this protects both buyers and sellers.

If you're concerned that you'll lose $5 by trying Fiverr, then don't use it. But also consider that everything new has a learning curve, you don't stop at the first bad experience, when I cancelled orders, I simply got another Fiverr user to do the job. If you're starting a business, try and get the vision of what Fiverr users can do for you.

If you're not experienced in buying outsourced tasks or not willing to do due diligence and search for the best candidate to do the job, then this is probably not for you. If you're a business person who values your own time, I'd love to know of another service that is available at such a low rate and high value. Thank you Fiverr.

johnn874
4/1/16

Ordered an ebook from laurameyers, $105. Work came in, was SO bad. I'm a Realtor, she bashed Real estate agents, Made me NOT want to buy a house. Had a lender review her info, he Googled some paragraphs found the articles they came from. I wish I could upload the work here. I own the copy so if anyone wants to read it email me, I'll send you the file c21reo@yahoo.com .

shannonv4
4/1/16

I ordered a print and never received it. I asked for a refund. My money was deposited into a Fiverr account, when I asked for a refund to my PayPal account I was ignored until I made it actionable by opening a dispute via PayPal. I was then told they wouldn't refund my money until I closed the dispute because it violated their terms of service. I have since had to escalate it to a PayPal claim. What a ridiculous waste of time.

gailah
3/31/16

I requested product pictures from three different sources on fiverr and none of them delivered. Two I had paid for and the last one said to pay if he delivered--that was two weeks ago and still no pictures or responses to emails requesting status. These were all US fiverr sellers.

I have had success with getting pictures cleaned up and a logo done and these were no US sellers.

What's bad is that you cannot get a refund for the undelivered service so I'm out $100 unless i have another service that someone would deliver.

davidl275
3/30/16

gave 3 guys to finish a simple android games . one changed my recovery email adress . one tried to copy my credit card information and one copied the code source and never answered .

dinal9
3/27/16

Purchased premium package for a "killer logo" x 3 with unlimited revisions, Facebook avatar and stationary, from nicholas_design. Stay away and find another source.

There was a huge language barrier that did not allow for clear communication. I even used an online translator to try and explain to him in Vietnamese. No idea how this guy got 5 stars. It must be "fixed"

Customer service does not exist. I believe they are in India or some 3rd world country as well. Felt as if I was speaking with a robot that sent out standard paragraphs.

In the end I used an online logo maker paid less and was 10 times happier with the results.

jennieo2
3/25/16

Terrible .....communication a huge problem...he does a job, tells you done....an image I never requested. Have had very good luck with Audrey but have not been able to connect with her

tanyas30
3/24/16

I had the worst experience with these guys. I bought a premium logo design gig and they couldn't have treated me any worse. They kept changing my order at the end after I finalised the logo! They'd send me a logo with part of the colour changed or they'd shrink part of it. I'm stil waiting for it to be be rectified.

sheilal
3/19/16

Terrible sellers and Fiverr keeps your money, even if you want a refund!

Got a problem with a purchase? Tough, no refunds. That is Fiverr's policy, any money you have paid can only stay on their ledger and be used for another purchase.

ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS are permitted.

Absolute swindlers.

Do not buy any product or service at Fiverr, and do not sell there, either.

pratikb1
3/19/16

i have done a task of small web development and seller get the work and also give me good review after 2-3 day the seller cancel order and my money taken from my account .
and i have contact fiverr support but that support say me they can't do any thing

timag
3/18/16

ok i really think most people who come to fiverr are looking for people who do web designer type of things. they have way more services than that.
most of the gig on fiver are actually NOT 5 dollars. most of the "gigs" on here are 35 and up
the people who sell their services are usually way to $#*!y arrogant and most of all scammers. now everyone on here is not a scam but i would say less than half of my experiences have been unpleasant cancellation or a scam.
I have had positive experiences from some people but they do not out way the negitive. fiverr doesnt do enough to help the people who they are taking their money from. here is one example. you can not change your rating from a seller after five days. so that means once you find out you were scammed its too late. my advice is to not rate. here is why people rate though fiver SAYS you are not obligated to rate but every time you log in there is a light at the top of your screen saying "oops looks like you for got to rate your experience lets do this now" what ever they are a rip off but their are a couple of people on there who are just trying to work for extra cash.

Tip for consumers: if it says its five dollars but when you click on it its 35 dont buy it

saraj42
3/18/16

I'm not complaining about Fiverr as a customer because I've found some fantastic freelancers over there who have done some beautiful work - quickly and for far less than what they're worth. I've even tipped because I'd felt they undercharged for what they've provided.

However, as a freelancer myself, I wouldn't waste my time now that I've worked with this company for a little while.

They take a minimum of $1 out for each gig, including extras, tips - you name it. Someone ordered a $20 gig from me and they still took $4, even though it was one gig sum, not 4.

In addition, you'll wait several weeks until funds clear and they'll charge you to release them. For one $5 gig, you'll end up with $3 before it's all said and done and you won't get paid for weeks.

I just wanted to put this out there.

I thought it would be a good way to earn a few bucks, but for the work you do and what you get paid (after fees), I would encourage you to not underestimate your worth.
Don't settle for this place.

Companies should make money to hook you up with clients - but there's a difference between profit and greed.

Fiverr, in my opinion (as a freelancer) practices the latter.

nicolasg9
3/18/16

I thought the fiverr freelancers were good due to the score system. I needed two simple drawings for my website. I chose a first designer and then i discover that for $35, this designer only "cartoonized" photos. Then, i have asked another designer and rather than giving me back 2 drawings, he sent 1 drawing to me and it was only a slight modification of a drawing example i have sent to him. At the end, the only drawing didn't match my requirements and i was doubtful about the profile of this designer as the job was minimalist for the price i wanted to pay.

sarat35
3/16/16

This is where I make 20 - 25 $ a day.

ros3080
3/16/16

my order was canceled by Fiverr, they didn't tell why. they wrote "your order was canceled by customer support for following reason: " blank.

they "refunded" my 5 dollar but kept 50 cents "processing fee"

if you want to get rich, build a platform where people can place orders, take a fee for doing nothing, then cancel all orders and keep the fees. nice business plan

worst for me is there is NO contact info to ask "customer support" about this. so have to do it in form of review

first and last order on fiverr. from now on will use http://www.fiverup.com/

afnann
3/15/16

Just like with any other service, you need to check who is working on your order. I've had cases when works were good, and I've also had cases when works were bad. So first check who you work with before placing your order. This is excellent value for this money.

lindaw148
3/15/16

Must be a ponzi scheme. I placed and paid for order that promised source files for logo and business card. I was set up to 'serum_designer'. Serum_designer seemed to not understand simple requests for modifications. Never got it right. Never got usable file. Then serum designer asked for more money which was to be paid to a different company. Customer service is non-existent. My order was marked as complete before I received any design work.

jackw93
3/14/16

I've bought many times in different sections. From art to voiceover and web design. The sellers are really professional and have lots of reviews, the community is active and supportive in reviews. I see small sellers get a few reviews and take off like crazy. And the people love their jobs- there's a blog sharing about it. I've never had any issues with Fiverr. I've done freelance work online and Fiverr offers a much easier platform for new beginners than many freelance bidding sites- which are much more competitive and far less personal.

Tip for consumers: Make sure to check how many revisions you get if that's applicable to the job. If you are unsure about the job, it helps to know there are extra revisions available free. Also make sure you know what you want and articulate it clearly. Many sellers want you to message them first and buy the gig upon agreed details. It's almost impossible to make a custom design from a generic structure.

veer15
3/14/16

FIVERR... i think this website is a hoax. I gave my task "google ranking" to two sellers (one of the seller is sharifunaz) and both were fake. They promised that my site would come up on 1st page within 7 days (1st promise), and then two months (second promise). Later 15 days, both seller stopped responding after eating up my money. GUYS DON'T TRUST THIS SIDE. There are fake people who don't deliver what you need/ want. Rather go to your friends or colleagues to complete your task. There are no rules or procedures. its just a waste of money.

irened17
3/13/16

My account was disabled, I send a support ticket but they are not replying!

mollyw14
3/11/16

I earned several hundred dollars on fiver with 100% positive reviews from my customers. Fiverr refused to release any of my earnings saying they did not believe my identity. They had my Paypal account info and when I asked how else I prove who I am they suspended my account and kept my money. This is a felony in the US. Fiverr needs to be brought down. The people that own Fiverr are crooks.

miam30
3/9/16

I really did, but my very first experience was a bust and now I'm worried about their service.

I went on Fiverr looking for someone to help me with my landing page. At first I was very optimistic and elated by the prices and values. I even started thinking about sourcing all my work there.

The first few people I messaged took a day or so to message me back, and with a deadline I needed help fast. I then created a request and a person responded saying they would create my page for only $5 bucks. I thought, "wow this is great" without realizing very few people will do quality work for that amount of money. This guy promised me a nice squeeze page in less than 24 hours, and after giving him my WordPress info and waiting almost 2 days, I can tell you the site looks nothing like what I asked for. It doesn't even look like a sales page so much as a bunch of mumbo jumbo put together. Granted, he tried, and he gave me some useful images but it's no where near what I requested. Part of me feels I should have known better than trying to trust a $5 service, but the other part feels these people should be able to create what they offer. So, I paid this guy for his time and asked him to exit my WordPress account. Two days wasted but a good lesson learned.

Since then I have tried to take up other services but now I'm not as open to it. I realize there are some really good artists and designers on there simply trying to make a buck, but for every one good seller there's a few shady ones that may waste your time.

My tip to you is that you have standards while performing your search, and try to avoid paying until a sample of your requested work is completed. Furthermore, if you need word content on your site, or have a lot of info to explain, try to find someone very fluent in English or you will have issues. Last, someone may advertise $5 bucks but most services cost more than that. $5 is for most to simply look at your work, and depending on your work load your fee can go up substantially, so in some cases you may be better off looking for someone reputable.

I feel my time has been wasted but hopefully I'll find what I'm looking for.

34 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fiverr staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4 weeks ago
Answer
maduk
A: I always pay through PayPal, in my country. So PayPal hold up to the country's consumer laws. I have a grip/security when spending lots of money.
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
4/24/16
Answer
maduk
A: Don't close the order. Ask for modifications and keep the order open. If seller doesn't respond or doesn't fix the issue, open a ticket for a full or partial refund as you please.
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Fiverr staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Fiverr