US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

guenters

I had one question for customer service which was answered sufficiently within 72 hours, Good enough for me. (in 26 reviews)

lenb5

I read a lot of poor reviews sighting customer support communication as a problem. (in 14 reviews)

erinm38

So, you have to wait for the email to come, which isn't right away, just to make simple changes or get your money. (in 63 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

katl30
6/25/15

For both sellers and buyers, having been both on this site.
Sellers Side:
I used to sell graphics, I was actually one of the people that took time and put in effort when working on orders (unlike a lot of people there), but the commission fee (20% + $1 off each withdrawal) is way too much if the lowest price is $5 (which is what most orders go for)
The customer support is useless, if you have a serious question, they will just ignore you!

Buyers Side:
Most work provided there is crap, these so called writers use word spinners, 99,5% designers use clipart for logos of templates for other stuff (business cards, flyers etc), lots of copyright infringement, most work in their gallery examples is fake.
a saxophone player guy that I ordered from actually used a virtual instrument instead of an actual saxophone to record the solo.
the list goes on..

long story short, the site is just overall crap, they advertise themselves as a place for professionals, but the majority of the people there don't even speak english nor have the base knowledge of the thing they advertise they can do.

oh and something interesting, even if you get a refund from a seller, your money stays there as a "Fiverr Credit" which means you can't get it back on your card / paypal.

Tip for consumers: Would highly suggest you stay away from this site unless you want to get ripped.

njt
6/19/15

If you believe that you are going to get high-quality work for $5, then you are sadly mistaken. As another reviewer said, choose your provider carefully. I've used Fiverr on five different occasions and each time, I have been disappointed.

The quality of the work was okay. The ability to offer work for $5 comes from the fact that providers are rehashing the same content over and over again. If you want something that requires more work, you will pay more. However, there is a limit to what some will do.

Many seem to operate on a Walmart mentality, preferring 100 customers paying $5 over a client who pays $50, so don't expect to pay your way to a better outcome. Based on my experience, the providers I came in contact with were focused on quantity, not quality. And hey, for $5, what do you expect? Even with the service add-ons, which can push you into paying hundreds, don't assume everyone will provide quality service.

One of the things I don't like about Fiverr is that you never get your money back. If you pay a provider for a service and something happens where the service is cancelled or undelivered, FIVVER KEEPS YOUR MONEY FOREVER. The only way to access your money is to hire another provider, and that provider's service must add up to the exact amount of your account credit. If the amount differs, Fivver will charge you again and ignore any credit you may have.

Their customer service is almost non-existent. Expect to wait 2-3 days before you get a reply, if you get a reply. If you even dare to fill out a customer survey detailing a negative encounter with a rep, expect an email from that same rep telling you why they did what they did. Nightmare.

I'm not saying to run from Fivver. I like Walmart. Even though I hate shopping there at times, I can't resist the bargains. I feel the same way about Fiveer.

There are some decent Fivver providers who will deliver services that you can't get for $5 in any market. Just make sure you read Fiverr's terms of service, and thoroughly vet the service provider before paying any money. Remember, your money will NEVER come back to you. Therefore, proceed with caution.

Tip for consumers: Negotiate all terms before purchasing a gig.

henlym
6/17/15

Select your service provider carefully. Search with key words that match your project. Be very specific in the order, almost to the point that they might not speak English. Over pay up front, tip and use the best ones again. Out of 28 projects, 2 were losers, but they tried and apologized, and the rest have been either very satisfactory or superlative. If they don't know what I want, that is my fault. Tip: write detailed instructions if possible

janew54
6/13/15

I paid for a gig. The seller cancelled on the day the gig was due to be supplied. (5 days after payment. no prior warning given that he might not be able to fulfill.) Refund was not automatic, I had to write to customer service who very kindly (sarcasm) reminded me that there was only a certain number of refunds allowed. I still had to pay a 50c processing fee even though my time was wasted and the order was not fulfilled. There was no recourse for the seller - because he cancelled there was no way to leave feedback.

anthonys90
6/13/15

I am a musician and i hired several session musicians who professionally recorded guitar, fiddle, and other instruments to my songs. The songs were picked up by a promoter and are now playing worldwide in am fm and internet radio 15,000 spins per week. yes they add charges over the $5 sometimes but for $20 i get a session musician....12 stars here!!! all jobs were on time and perfect...i was not paid to write this..i just a lil' old musician.

anggip
6/3/15

Fiverr used to be a fun website. But then they're all turned so greedy with money.
they charge 20% off of seller's revenue, which only makes them 4 dollars.
and that's not enough! they charge 5% to buyers for every transactions.

first the seller, now the buyers.

ridiculous!

fredt19
6/2/15

I had 3 orders with zero service , explanation or anybody I could talk to. This is a scam . WOrst website . Waist of time.

dg59
6/1/15

Stay away from Fiverr! Incredible incompetence and hideous customer service! Not only did they make it impossible to place several orders, their system tacked on extra numbers to my user name, then accused me of "spamming their users", and disabled my account without ever contacting me. It took two full days to get anything but an automatic reply when trying to contact their alleged "support team." What a crock! Nothing works properly on their system.

deeceew
5/30/15

The crazy hoops you have to jump through just to delete an account says it all. Buyers don't give enough detail on jobs and you get punished for that. You can't turn down jobs that are kinda shady to begin with. The client that I made from my first job has given me tons of work now after we broke out of their interface.

Waste of time and bandwidth.

mol182
5/25/15

Don't even waste time.

nicholes8
5/23/15

Most of the people who are complaining here are making statements that clearly show that they don't know how to use the website. Someone even says, "The guy marked the order complete without ever turning in the work." No. That is absolutely incorrect. The seller cannot mark ANYTHING as "complete". It is impossible. The "buyer" (or customer) must mark it complete, or the website (Fiverr) does it for you after 3 whole days. If you are placing an order, and don't bother to check your messages for up to 3 days, the order is then marked as complete. If you're spending money on a service, you should probably make sure that YOU understand how it works before you get on random websites to complain about it. I have been using Fiverr for 3 months and it is a lovely service platform... IF you know what you're doing. That's why there are FAQ and Terms of Service pages. Everyone is always trying to find someone else to blame for their ignorance and it's frustrating. Especially since every single customer has the right to "reject" the order if the quality isn't up to par with their expectations. Every single one. You don't HAVE to accept low quality work. But you DO have to know exactly what you're doing and not blame a website for your OWN stupidity.

cliveh6
5/22/15

Im really now just getting word from customer service.. since an inquiry was made 3 days ago..

I really hate to say this.. really burns my heart to say: this company customer service sucks.. here's why.. they have a good service.. a very nice concept.. but i will shy away from this one.. i am so pissed at their customer service i think i will need a drink to relax me!! i need to make this be known beyond just the sitejabber community.. i personally feel as if this and other similar companies feel as if they can make all the millions they do and provide absolutely crappy service to folks here in the Western area..

Well Fiverr you need to do better, maybe for your fans on the Eastern World, Tel Aviv and your surrounding neighbors, that would be acceptable.. i don't think i would communicate with this customer service even if you paid me to.

Here is my response to customer service this morning:

I'm very very very displeased with your customer service. I don't think I'm interested in using the service of the website for fear of delay and inconvenience that I might have to wait days before I can get someone from customer service get back to me, and freelancer refuses to start working based on the fact I can't make or process payment. I've dealt with many many tech companies, large and small and I should say this one is the only in a long long time, perhaps in years that let me feel so dissatisfied with the service, I almost felt angry as I ended getting no work done and missing schedule as a lack of time customer service, come on guys, we are living in 2015 here. You're at least the equivalent to a Fortune 500 company. I believe your customer service platform should surely reflect this and this is just a little advice from a guy who probably doesn't matter.

Clive

To which the response was:

Thank you for the reply and for sharing your thoughts, Clive. We're terribly sorry to see you disappointed.

Your request had to be forwarded for a further review by our Technical team and sorry it took longer than expected.

I'm forwarding your request as a feedback and suggestion to our Product Management for their consideration.

To that user Nicky that gave them 5 stars and spoke about the platform.. yup they have a great website but, have an issue with their customer service team and then get back to me.. to say it's pathetic would be a grave understatement.

yaranm
5/21/15

These guys are unprofessional and 90% of the people are just con artists. I bought two products both services were horrible quality and total screw up. One actually published it without ever getting my approval ! Do yourself a favor, never work with these guys.

treyvonm
5/19/15

Not only is The customer service is atrocious but they guaranteed that I, as a seller, would get my money 14 days after the sale. They pushed back my payment, then they didn't pay me on the day i was supposed to get the money. I would suggest only buying from Fiverr and only from those you trust because they won't give you a refund if you don't like the service.

cj133
5/18/15

I asked for a simple fix on my resume. Paid my $ and kept getting the run around. Kept asking for a refund but never got it. Big time SCAM!!

daven19
5/14/15

After being very happy with a few gigs I bought from Fiverr I was scammed by a seller named Fiverrmaster after ordering a email signature for $5 and a full email template for $40. I only ever received the email sig. This guy Fiverrmaster marked everything complete without ever delivering the full email template. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this seller. For anyone interested I will email the correspondence between us as proof of this arrogant fraud.

tamzidi
5/10/15

you can buy best social service from here facebook youtube instagram and twitter.... this seller is good for this service.... and very honestly here is his email.... i think its better from fiverr

mugdhagreat@gmail.com

florencec14
5/5/15

I was very pleased with my book cover. I'll be hiring them to do more covers for me and eventually a web page. Anyone looking for great work at a reasonable price won't go wrong with Fiverr.

roberts238
5/3/15

Fiverr.com is an awesome place to find small services, like videos for valentines day and christmas, eBooks, etc.

The idea is brilliant however some sellers are simply trash. It is not Fiverrcom 's fault but that ruins the idea sometimes.

ryany2
4/28/15

customer service is crap, when you have a question you need to click on multiple topics, just make it simple for gods saKE. WILL NEVER USE IT AGAIN

seans44
4/28/15

I ordered contents for 10 pages to ( pownzor ) for SEO.
On April 3rd I payed $52.50 for my website. on April 6th i sent all keywords ( 30 word and 3 keyword per page ). this guy said he gonna use %3 density use the keywords on each page.
DURATION was 5 days. and satisfaction grantee !!!
After 5 -6 days he sent few sample that was garbage !!! Im thinking he doesnt know SEO ( but he said he knew it ). He used my city name as my company name. Stupid!!!!
Then i asked for revision,
He said he redo all !!! Since April 14th no respond !!!!!!!!!!1
He no answer.
His a kid and No Idea this is work not playing on kindergarten.
If you are not satisfied they just refund your money you paid!!! What about the time that we miss it?
Stupid .

samz8
4/27/15

The only freelancer site that I would recommended on internet.
They have same problems as all others, many of people are not real good in their what they doing and representing themselves as experts what they are not , but you have always easy possibility to return your money if you take someone that is not. I think some 20% are good and rest is so and so .

paulk89
4/27/15

I tried fiverr twice the first time the product created was so bad that my 10 year old could have done something that looked more professional. The second time the seller was late and than asked for twenty more dollars before I even saw any demo of the product. The customer service said they are not allowed to do that but that they had no way of enforcing their policies. The customer service for Fiverr is not good and they have no clue about customer retention. I will be trying one of their competitors to see if they can get the job done.

hannahb18
4/23/15

I had a gig on Fiverr in which I would allegedly get paid $5 for each order I completed. Fiverr would also charge .50 on top of $5 for processing fees. Once I completed the order Fiverr would give me $4 of the $5.50 they accrued from the Fiverr customer. Recently as I was deciding to close down my Fiverr account I was forwarding my remaining money into my Paypal account. They cleared this morning and I found that the $42 I was expecting to transfer, came up in Paypal as $41.16. I checked the statement, assuming that Paypal must take a percentage for transferring in. The Paypal statement read. 0.00 for fees, so obviously hungry Fiverr decided to take more fees, almost a $1, from the money that I worked for. They are making way too much money off of other people's work and it's really just disgraceful. It really wouldn't be all that bad if when you wrote to customer service they actually responded answering all of your issues, or any of them, in a timely manner. Seriously ridiculous.

tw205
4/23/15

ive used the website on two purchases , one was a business plan in which u can tell it's been ported from some where, it's was very very basic not what I had expected according to the gig explain action .
Someone else did a nice resume for me, I added extra 10.00 to him so he can release me the soft editable copy, until today I'm still waiting it's been months, I stopped asking him. I'll use them for quick fix but not my favourite.

derekm33
4/23/15

Promised to promote my website with genuine leads!
lol these leads were robots they bounced streight back out in a millisecond problem is of course this bad traffic does you no favours all you get is charged over exceeding your bandwidth and of source Fiver don't want to know.
So I suggest cancel it at your card or paypal and get the lot back no matter how long it takes.
these guys are cone men STAY AWAY FROM THEM

webnerf
4/22/15

By profession I am a teacher, researcher and habitual writer. Always love to have sufficient office use items. Shopping on line and finding all at one place was not impossible, however difficult. This company I found and tried. I did not find better deals with outstanding quality services like advising exactly to your need, saving so much of extra expenses etc. Availability of paper pin to almost a printing press is assured here on compatible price. I need office supplies in two countries of different continents, that I never felt strange to order and get it in time with excellent customer care. Lately, I ordered color laser printer that was delivered well in time on market rate (a bit less) with all its warranty and accessories. I recommend this company to all on line shopping fellows.

Tip for consumers: Recommended because of their service, value, quality, return and change over item policy

danielm156
4/21/15

after disappointment with a seller on fiverr and how my order was delivered i contacted the fiverr support and was brushed off. I asked for a refund and was denied with no options. horrible way to take care of a customer and not even try to make mends when all of the conversation was clearly stated and their support did nothing about it. go to elance, they seem to be the most legit for a few more bux

db97
4/18/15

My review is based on one experience but it was enough for me to see how they work. I choose a seller with almost 7,000 5-star reviews for a 300-word blog article. His profile described how passionate he was about writing and providing interesting content."with so many great online reviews, how bad can he be?"

I provided a clear outline of what should be covered in the article and several websites where they could research the topic and find all the info they needed. Even though the seller had such great reviews, I still didn't have high expectations - I just needed a decent write up.
The article I received was such low quality, though. Poor grammar, lots of repetition, no mention of the key requirements in my outline - high-school level writing - and that is giving it too much credit.
When I complained to the writer, he said it was written by one of his newer writers and he has so many writers he can't look at them all. (What about his profile that implied he writes all the articles and was passionate, etc etc.?) He also said, "I try to only hire American English speaking writers, but since I only correspond with them through email, it is hard to say sometimes." I realize now that he is farming out the work to people anywhere in the world, he has no quality control. I don't know how he has managed to get so many good reviews, but I do know that it was impossible for me to leave a bad review.

AND - this guy was probably one of the good ones, because at least he responded to my criticism and offered me a refund (it's not really a refund, it's a credit since I don't get the money back.)

So, who wins in this situation? Fiverr does - they get to keep my transaction fee and they will get the $5 I was "refunded" because I will never use that credit.

I understand their business model now: Fiverr doesn't care about quality. At all. They make money on every job, no matter what happens. The vendor profiles are complete lies - they make it sound like they are doing the work but they are just farming it out to whomever, with no quality control.

I had low expectations and was willing to lose this small amount of money so I am not really upset, but I feel bad for those who got hurt more severely.

What can be done to stop these scammers?

arthurk22
4/16/15

Everything is wrong. It's not like usual freelance site.
Reviews are untruthful,
My experience was: price per service was changed, order marked as done, but wasn't, asked for more time, in month still not done. Seller account after closed.
Fivver didn't let me to leave review and didn't suggest to do this.
Customer support decline to cancel order.

So total cheating, just happy that spent $30, small amount

yaip
4/16/15

Fiverr only allows for good feedback to be left on sellers. The only time it will allow you to write a review is when your order is marked as Delivered or Complete.

Ask yourself what do you do when you are unhappy with your order/designer. 99.9% of people will answer with “cancel the order”. Because why would you want to pay for something that you are dissatisfied with…….. I thought its was a little funny that ALL the sellers have 4+ stars but now i understand why.....

In my situation I needed a logo design, I had an image of what I wanted no creative input needed.

1st designer canceled the order on his end- couldn't leave feedback because the order wasn't completed

2nd designer just told me they couldn't help me and left the order sitting there without canceling it. once again I can't leave feedback because the order wasn't completed.

alanb61
4/14/15

GIG TITLE: I will do everything related to Google Maps API for $5 | in Web Programming |

Waqas_lateef | Level 1 Seller | www.fiverr.com/waqas_lateef |

14:14 APRIL 14, 2015 - Me

Due to not hearing from you on Apr 13... I went ahead an opened a project at www.Freelancers.com.

Your offer states: I will do everything related to Google Maps API for $5...
therefore I assume this project is 1-GIG... nothing on your offer page or messages indicates different.

Can you accomplish the above?
What is your time table?

Thank you in advance for a prompt and detailed response.

14:14 APRIL 14, 2015 - waqas_lateef

Hello Alan,
Ok, I understand the details. About point 8, did you mean turn by turn directions, because this is what google maps api can provide. About the price, Do you really think that this project deserves $5. $5 is the standard charges to create the gig on fiverr. I will charge $600 for this project. I am a student and I usually work on weekends. I have a little too much on my plate this week. So I believe I can deliver you next weekend. till 27 of this month. Is it ok with you??

14:48 APRIL 14, 2015 - Me

DECLINED.

14:49 APRIL 14, 2015 - waqas_lateef

What number did you had in your mind??

15:22 APRIL 14, 2015 - Me

YOUR GIG TITLE: will do everything related to Google Maps API for $5...

16:32 APRIL 14, 2015 - waqas_lateef

Alan try to understand. Go to fiver and search "Google Maps API", and see all the gigs. And then tell me if there is any person or gig which is not stated with $5. All the gigs starts from $5. But there exist the concept of "custom order" where you can ask the seller to do a big project for good and deserving price, that they both agree on.

16:34 APRIL 14, 2015 - Me

That was NOT once mentioned by you. Your TITLE is DECEPTIVE. Your approach was DECEPTIVE.

16:41 APRIL 14, 2015 - waqas_lateef

I am sorry, if that caused any inconvenience but I do NOT agree with you. I did NOT deceived you and neither could I think of doing that to any of my clients. I believe in honest means of earning. It is mere disagreement on price of the project.

18:00 APRIL 14, 2015 - Me

> It is mere disagreement on price of the project.

NO IT IS NOT.

- Your GIG TITLE is MISREPRESENTATIONAL.

- You do not provide PRICING DISCLOSURE as do reputable Fiverr Sellers.

- You deny and argue with the FACTS.

Nothing about the above is HONEST.

BAIT & SWITCH - MISREPRESENTATION - NON-DISCLOSURE
... ARE NOT AN ACCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES.

*** END ***

frankc57
4/12/15

I don't know why the bad reviews on here. I have used Fiverr.com since the site started. I had over six logos designed for my various companies as well as other marketing tools linked with Facebook and twitter as well as reviews and such. The vendors were more than helpful and most of the time I even tip them because the job was so good. The vendors that delivered me the logos more often than not would give me anywhere from 2-11 logos for only $5. That is a ridiculous price. I was charged over $300 for my very first company logo from a graphic design firm. So all in all I highly recommend choosing fiverr.com and giving it a shot.

dorisd4
4/9/15

Fiverr smh. I will never use this site again. The sellers are rude and unprofessional. I have had sellers threaten me just for asking questions. Fiverr customer service is non existent, they never refund you your money. You might as well put your money in the toilet and Flush.

manuelp14
4/4/15

There are two problems with Fiverr. One they have really high hidden fees, on the surface they disclose a 20% commission but it's actually 25-30%. They charge buyers a 5-10% "processing" fee that many sellers are not even aware of.

The other problem is that seller reviews are a fraud. Sellers can avoid negative feedback by simply canceling the job. The only way you can leave negative feedback for a seller is if you pay full price for incomplete or unsatisfactory work. Otherwise you have to agree to a cancellation to get your money back and you loose the right to rate them. Also, sellers can cancel unilaterally even if you don't agree.

The whole thing is smoke and mirrors.

Details:

Tip for consumers: Just avoid it. You can easily waste a week or two and end up with no work done and a canceled job. It's ridiculous.

holliew5
4/1/15

I wish I would have read these reviews first! I tested them with 5$ for a logo but was charged 5.50$ because they wanted .50cents for a transaction fee. The gig was cancelled by the seller the next day and Fiverr credits me ONLY 5$ back. They told me to find a new seller where the total 5$ credit covers the transaction fees which means I have to find a 4.50$ seller. NOTHING is under 5$ on Fiverr. The site owners are SCAMMERS and I have already been spammed from tricky sellers on that site looking to pull off a scam. HORRIBLE website, stay away, and they need to be investigated. I hope Paypal drops them as a payment gateway ASAP.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use them, period.

ihaba
3/31/15

this is the worst site you can ever deal with it, I opened the account and they closed it only after 1 day without any logical reason, the customer support is terrible, My advice not to deal with this site at all

Tip for consumers: you can login into this site for alternatives

notgivingu
3/31/15

This service is horrible. Used it twice..one paper was late and the other i was nailed for plagerism!!! Got an F!! Not to mention the guy was a frigin stalker...emailing me and trying to friend me on FB. Not cool! Look around dont use use this place!

terryh61
3/28/15

This site is used to steal credit card information, and this is fact. I signed up with Fiverr to produce a logo for a shooting club that I run. After the first request failed(No communication from a "woman" from Pakistan that barely typed in English when she finally decided to reply to my request 5 days later(logo was "guaranteed" in 48 hours), I found another designer. After 48 hours, the logo was sent to me(5 different versions) and it was awful. It looked like a logo that one of those automatic logo design sites could produce. Well, I rejected the logo and contacted support for a full refund(Still have not heard back, two weeks later). A few days after this, I noticed ELEVEN fraudulent charges on my Citi card totalling over $800. The first charge was made minutes after the legit Fiverr charge that I authorized. In short, this site is designed to harvest CC and debit card information. I forwarded my complaint to the FBI internet crimes division. Avoid this third-world scam of a site at all costs.

Tip for consumers: AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

ronaldp21
3/26/15

I am totally frustrated with the so-called support, which I am not obtaining from Fiverr

I have been a member of Fiverr since 10 April 2013 - I reside in Portugal and unfortunately my email provider suffered a virus attack and as a consequence my sapo email address was made redundant and I was forced to arrange a new email address which I did effective from the 23 March 2015

I am able to enter my Fiverr account see all my past transactions and payments etc - see my Fiverr name - Kidson and when I go to change my email address I get a message saying; "For the email change to take effect, please follow instructions in an email sent to the original address (---------) Since the original address does not exist clearly it does not come through to me and presumably FIverr must receive a failure notice

When I advise support of the foregoing they then ask me to submit a scanned copy of my passport - never asked for or required when I first registered back in 2013 and I am just not prepared to entertain this request - then ask for my Paypal details which I again refuse and they also ask me for my Payee ID associated to your Fiverr Revenue Card - which I have never had

Following more exchanges with the support team I am told

For security purposes, we are not permitted to change any information on an account without a copy of a government issued ID.

All I want to do is change my email address which I have had to do with many many other sites following the change to my new email address and no problems with anyone else - only with Fiverr

I have no wish to change any other of my personal details - Only my email address - as my old one no longer exists

I can see all of my records I placed 19 0rders - 1 Cancelled -

I can see the details of all the orders I placed - how much was paid and when etc etc - but I am not permitted to change my email address - which means if I wish to place a new order or query something with the seller I would have no way of communicating- its all so ridiculous

I have asked for someone with a degree of sanity to intervene so I can continue to use my same account, which I have held since 2013, as the only change I am seeking – is an email change - as the old one no longer exists!!

Tip for consumers: Customer support is useless

marbearc
3/20/15

We had two things done now with them. First time the lady didn't basically speak English even though she said she did. She made half of what we had and we had to take it and go fix it ourself. Second time the man used a horrible script even though we told him what we wanted and told him we needed a website built from scratch. I paid $80 for total crap. Then told him I didn't want his crap so I cancelled my order. I then have it escalated in paypal but then fivvrr closed my account and I still don't have my money back.

Tip for consumers: Don't pay money to someone you don't know. Many of their people who write just copy and plagiarize. And when you have a complaint there isn't really anything you can do. You cant ever say anything bad or they will close your account. Only an email for complaints which doesn't get response. SO you pay $120 to someone and never get service or your money back. If you complain they close your account. Go look all over the internet you will see these same things of people complaining.

angelat21
3/17/15

Fiverr stole 2 book manuscripts I wrote.
Sold them to clients on their site for $660.
Did not pay me one cent and disabled my account.
Took another $70 out of my account for services they didn't deliver.

If you would like to file a class action lawsuit with me, please email me at atuckerit@gmail.com

I am mother of an infant disabled child.
If they can hurt someone like me, trust me, they will hurt you too.

Tip for consumers: Please file class action lawsuit against them.

robertd112
3/16/15

The people behind fiverr are just taking the money and running. The $5 fee is becoming a bait-and-switch.

I have had two sellers cancel a $5 order - because I did not pay the $20 "upgrade".

Tip for consumers: Be prepared to spend about $20 and remember, they do not have your back. They side with the seller and keeping all the money they can. Beware

ronk29
3/15/15

I tried to sign up for three different times, three different projects and none of them were completed. I wanted a scraper completed for a website and the vendor never did anything. I was forced to cancel the job. No, big deal, it was only 5 days wasted. So, I tried a different developer and the job was estimated at 7 days. On, day 7, the vendor said, the job is worth more then $5, so he declined the job and it was canceled. A waste of two weeks trying to get this job completed. I tried to hire a voice over professional and I listened to all the talent and the talent was not bad but the system would not process my credit card, or at least I thought. Apparently the system did take my money and return it there shortly after for some reason. I got a receipt saying I paid for it but I could not find my order. I emailed customer service and they told me they would look into it. Fast forward 7 days, I get an email, "Our system has marked this ticket as Solved automatically. Your comments have been noted in case you reopen this request again," wow, worst experience ever.

Tip for consumers: Set your expectations very low and you wont be too dissappointed.

edk13
3/15/15

Do you think you will get a logo or website design from a hot shot designer for $5.00? It is the beginning of a money pit! Read the offers very very carefully.

debbiew29
3/15/15

THIS IS FROM THE HORSES MOUTH; CUSTOMER SERVICE. Unfortunately, the sellers are no longer part of our community. As mentioned in our Terms of Service: "Fiverr does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights or violations. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.Furthermore, Fiverr is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Sellers. We provide no warranty with respect to the Gigs, their delivery, and any communications between buyers and sellers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system and our community in choosing appropriate Gigs® service offers."

Tip for consumers: Do not give anyone your Facebook or other information. No one is accountable here. I know what do you expect for $5. My Bad. I trusted the site.

martino96
3/14/15

What a scam! John134 via Kickstarter (Fiverr.com) wants you to pay money, but get nothing in return. During the beginning, when it is most important to get the crowdfunding campaign off the ground, this paid “assistance” sits back and does nothing. Then it promises to put you in touch with “followers” two weeks later, when it is too late. In the meantime, it suggests that you to pay more money to get additional assistance.

Tip for consumers: Don't contribute money to Fiverr.com

thomase15
3/5/15

Almost signed in and then backed off -- far away. Undoubtedly, we are all used to the EULA that basically says any company can rob you blind on general principles. That's bad enough, and as a freelance writer with 20 years-plus of dedication and passion and new learning in the field, I'm turning more and more "EULA copy-n-paste companies" down, whether a buyer or a seller and regardless of what they are selling or how bad I want it.

Fiverr(TM) stays pretty even -- having rewritten the EULA to a point where they aren't taking everything -- at least on the surface. That was well done. However, scroll way down to the bottom and you see this cute little statement that says that "they can use content for marketing purposes -- or any other purpose" -- that screams third-party vendors and absolute intellectual property control, even though they say earlier that the buyer gets intellectual property. I'm good with that latter part. If I ghostwrite, or do an edit for a client on a business document or thesis/dissertation, then I expect, since I was paid as a contractor, not to retain any rights. Fiverr(TM), however, has made it clear that they can use any portion for any purpose. That means the company owns your work that you either created as a seller, or contracted as a buyer. In essence, Fiverr(TM) gets everything for free in terms of content, and still charges fees.

In the words of Kyle on Southpark(TM) -- I say "Shenanigans!" to this carnival rip-off.

As a highly-qualified writer, I'll go back to my own website and control. I'm disappointed. I heard good things about Fiverr(TM)

Please everyone -- it is like having a root canal during a tax audit while seeing your car being towed away in your peripheral vision as you lay in the surgical chair -- but read the "terms" of these new start-ups. The thirty minutes you'll lose going line by line will save you that much in the anxiety you'll face later. Companies like Fiverr(TM) have got to learn -- it's not all about them. Not any more. There are too many professionals'
out there who will find another way.

Tip for consumers: Read the "Terms" closely and then decide how much you are willing to lose.

erinm38
3/4/15

I feel like fiverr is really just a rip off. I did some design services, such as really small illustrations. I thought it would be a good and simple way to make some cash on the side while honing some skills. WRONG. The type of buyers on that site, I have found, expect a whole lot out of your for so little pay. You can increase the price on each service you are selling, which makes sense, but most buyers don't even bother to read and expect your highest level of service for $5. Then fiverr has not even given you the functionality to upgrade to the level your buyer needs!! You are stuck with doing high level job for $5 unless you can convince your buyer to buy another level service. The mobile site is even worse. It has about 30% of the features on the website. Terrible. How are you supposed to do your business in a timely manner, like they repeatedly hound you to do, if their mobile site is less than functional? They also send you a lot of annoying emails. You can opt out of some such as the marketing emails, but if you have a buyer who doesn't respond after a few days, fiverr will repeatedly send you emails everyday to say you need to "work on your job" and not to leave your client hanging. Its even worse when you've gone past your deadline for reasons out of your control. That is BS and way too many emails. Once you've finished your job, you only get 80% of your payment. So if you work for $5 you are actually getting $4. I did at least 5 jobs and only ended up with $32. Not worth my time. The site is not intuitive at all. It is way too complicated for a site that sells $5 jobs. I really feel like there is too much extra "stuff" that gets in the way of navigating the pages and understanding your profile and gigs. Also, anytime you'd like to make a change, a payout, or anything other than adding a new "gig," they make you confirm with an email. So, you have to wait for the email to come, which isn't right away, just to make simple changes or get your money. Overall, I had 10x the headache than reward with this site. If you don't mind doing a lot for basically nothing, then you'd probably like this site. Otherwise, you're better off going to a real freelancing site where the buyers actually expect to pay out for decent work.

shiras1
3/3/15

I completed a gig and was paid for it on February 9, and will not get the money from Fiverr until March 9. I am absolutely outraged. Not only that, but Fiverr extracted a fee of $4 for their exceptionally awful services.
Basically, Fiverr is taking advantage of a job market that encourages employers to pay freelancers peanuts without the employer having to pay any taxes to the federal government. Fiverr takes a cut from the freelancer and the employer gets away without having to pay any fees. Shame on you, Fiverr!
The website itself is almost impossible to navigate.

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fiverr staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Can I have some reviews regarding press releases by fiverr
4/14/15
Answer
mol182
A: Don't do it ! You will not get paid. The company is a fraud and answers to nobody ! They will never pay you
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: what is Fiverr?
Answer
beckyh12
A: Who are the good ones on Fiverr!!
5/29/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Fiverr staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

4 Photos for Fiverr