US Government's NSF

12 HaOmanim St.
Tel Aviv, Gush Dan 6789731, Israel
Tel: 972-3-6317882
support@fiverr.com

People interested in Fiverr are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

guenters

I had one question for customer service which was answered sufficiently within 72 hours, Good enough for me. (in 29 reviews)

lenb5

I read a lot of poor reviews sighting customer support communication as a problem. (in 15 reviews)

njt

One of the things I don't like about Fiverr is that you never get your money back. (in 74 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

wecarea
8/29/15

If you purchase a gig, fiverr will hold your money hostage irrespective of whether or not the seller completes the job or not because there is no objective mediator as they proclaim to encourage buyers and sellers to work everything out themselves. This leaves the door open for sellers to lie and cheat over and over again . sellers constantly state they can do a task and then do not and report it as delivered. They have the autonomy to report it a delivered or complete regardless of if the actual order is complete and the fiverr system accepts this. There is no independent authentification. Once delivered, the website processes the order as complete and pays seller unless buyer request a modification or the seller and buyer mutually agree to cancel the order. So what if the seller does not want to cancel the order and lies and says that they delivered the work and did a great job. Well its their word against yours,,, No active customer service dept to regulate the sellers activity so buyer takes ALL THE RISKS. Don't use this website unless you don't mind taking all the risk and loosing all of your money to liars and cheaters and an incompetent customer service dept who do NOTHING to regulate the site's activity and yet they charge sellers 20% transaction fee and buyers another 5%.

sadatk
8/29/15

Fiverr does not respond to customer complaints before 5 days the least. There is no phone number listed either for customer service.

Fiverr does not control quality of the IT (illustrators) freelancers it allows to open up accounts. In my case where an illustrator posed to know 2 and 3D illustration and promoted it on his profile there, was highly unqualified to do the work and could not deliver after making 3 attempts for over 9 days.

I am not satisfied with Fiverr and the freelancers it has on it website and after complaining on time and numerous times, it has decided not to return my 157 dollars and the company suggests that I give the freelancer "more time" when it's not a matter of time, rather performance!

davej44
8/27/15

You get what you pay for but did the job for what i needed.

hugoo3
8/27/15

First of all, after requesting a job, the professional didn't do things perfect, I reviewed the job with 4,5 stars and I was almost insulted for not giving 5 stars.
THen, it came the nightmare. I'm waiting for 45 days for the invoices in order to send them to the accountant (I'm already 1 month late) and first, the answer (at 6th Aug - 2 weeks after I got the job done) was that they will send me at 15th Aug ... Today is 27th and their answer is "This request may take 4-5 weeks to process due to a high volume of requests." ...
I don't recommend this service as it's the worst service I unfortunately had the misfortune to meet.

I give 1 star since it's impossible to give 0 stars!!!

marciah2
8/23/15

I ordered a book cover from someone who claimed that they would make me an awesome book cover. I paid extra for a shutterstock image. When I received the product I was shocked. The design is something that a 8 year-old could do. I just wasted $57.00.

bryanl31
8/22/15

I used the site four times The first time was a good experience. The second I would rate as o.k. The third was horrible. That was when I learned there is no buyer support. Basically you and the seller go back and fourth for five days and then Fiver gives you a credit. I guess that is how the came up with the day. I tried a fourth time with my credit. Another o.k. Honestly, if it has to do with online marketing, it's a crap shoot with Fiver.

saltr
8/19/15

I have cheated and non supportive by Indian man but fiverr support is nothing. I lost $5 money and time consumer.

peterc99
8/18/15

Sure. We tried it today. Not surprised at the add-ons and handling cost of $12 but furious that my "refund" is not a refund of what I paid and then cancelled the order. I don't ever want to use the service again and I want my credit card refund of $25. I don't want a credit. I want my money refunded. I think I make myself clear. A refund is not credit. A credit is not a refund. Boo Hiss to the owners of Fiverr!

Tip for consumers: Yeah, don't. Find somewhere that doesn't take your money upfront and then doesn't refund it.

irutiitr
8/17/15

Tip for consumers: for all fiverr Seller

monikaa4
8/14/15

Extremely disappointed. Sellers make the proposals and cheat you. Promising everything, delivering just fraction of the order and promise. 5 star rated people deliver extremely low quality work asking 180 EUR for this, delivery is late even with 2 weeks delivery time. I am not able to cancel the order. I am not able to get my money back and the support does not answer. Never again!

michaelb240
8/11/15

I agree with the comments about potentially exploiting talented individuals for little pay but hey, no one if forcing folks to sign up to sell their skills and it does provide a commercial arena to build ones experience. What I have the biggest issue with is the fact that they use copyrighted artwork and music illegally potentially putting the buyer at risk for legal action and damages. I have notified them of this on several occasions and still they offer gigs like "The Minions" BE VERY CAREFUL - it doesn't matter that they sold it to you, if you use it, you own that use and are subject to legal actions against you.

keashanj
8/9/15

I'm a seller on fiverr about one year. I met some bad guys on fiverr those who asking refunds, but not giving any reason for that, after they receiving completed work. I think these are incidents & will not reflect the nature of fiverr. You have to find good sellers & it's the difficulty you are facing

royt21
8/8/15

How dare they expect to pay hard working creatives $5. for their creative services? This is insulting and disgusting!!

franziskas
8/5/15

I offered a translation gig on fiverr, 800 words for $5, in 2 days max. A buyer picked up on it and ordered several gigs at once, several times. Since they always ordered several gigs I ended up being late on most of the orders, which led to a bad score. The buyer told me they didn't care and they were satisfied with my work, never left a positive review though. At one point I ended up in hospital for a few days and wasn't able to respond to another order the buyer had placed. They cancelled the order and left a bad review and now my gig's score is so low, that no one will order it ever again. Also fiverr keeps $1 for every gig you sell, which is basically 20% and far too much, and it takes at least 2 weeks until you get your money. Never again.

donnas78
8/4/15

TOTALLY BOGUS. COMPLETE BS. At least if you drop $5 on the street, somebody worthy of it will benefit. Not these liars, theives, and for all intents and purposes, criminals. Trust no one on this site. Seriously profitable scam they have going on. Sickening.

vikramp2
7/30/15

Fiverr.com a 5 Bucks services where you can get stuff done , i would say its a great marketplace to sell your services , if you are too good you will receive a junk of order and you can start from 0 to 50 order per days as well.

Some of sellers services are really an awesome , like video reviews , Video compose , some backlink stuff , some traffic , some Google campaign and many more .

But you have to accept that , quality will be poor , what make the different where some one provide 500 USD services in 5 USD ? Yes you got better understanding now

so try it when you need to make thing filthy , Not all the services are in this categories but sure some one who give you 5000 visitors and 5000 likes in 5 bucks what will be the quality ?

Ya BAM !!

hermant11
7/28/15

Customer service is awful.
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ON THIS SITE..

jasons138
7/26/15

do not buy ANYTHING! This site is a fraud, I had 470$ IN MY SHOPPING BALANCE AND I GOT BANNED FOR TOO MANY CANCELLIONS WHICH ISNT TRUE THIS SITE IS A SCAM, I HAVE TAKEN LEGAL SCTION AGAINST THEM AND SUED 15.000$ GUYS LETS SHUT DOWN THIS FRUAD SITE

richarde23
7/25/15

just try to navigate their website. As a buyer of these type of services for many years I can only say, I tried to find my "seller" and the site is so poorly constructed that you'll literally waste hours there. They don't allow you to alter or pick your own deadlines so your seller is pushed to get something / anything out to you without feedback. They're all apparently terrified to not receive payment for their work! But what a waste of time for business men! Customer service?! NONE. I wanted to fund my sellers account before leaving for a trip. I received no response after a week. FINALLY, my credit card rejected 2x and when I asked Chase why they said all transactions are originally rejected because of so many complaints! Well I met some decent sellers, it's so sad that they are tied to this horrific company. Yes Fiver r stings!

kevinc92
7/24/15

AmazeSolutions & Fiverr Are Both Frauds

I provided them information proving they use bots for fake clicks to websites. I let them work for 1 month which showed not on single real person came to my site from them and all clicks came from three different cities with only the ip addresses changing slightly. They immediately filed a mutual agreement to refund my money which initially I thought was pretty straight up until i realized the money goes into your fiverr account for more jobs. I did write a ticket to the head of the support and he actually did refund it back to paypal .....but

as soon as the seller sent the mutual cancellation and i accepted it (with no knowledge of what ill explain later anywhere in site), that erased the possibility of me leaving a review of this fraudulent seller (he had something like 22k reviews 5 star) so basically the fraudulent seller have a shield and a way to hide on the site provided by fiverr themselves.

I have to wonder if fiverr is in cahoots with fraudulent sellers because of the high 5 star rating for an obvious fraud and for the ways they provide them to keep this hidden and does not give an accurate review system which is so important. it all only makes sense if this whole thing is geared to screw you from your money which is what i think is happening here.

based on the many other reviews I've read across the internet i think i got extremely lucky getting my money back to paypal. Even so I can tell this site is still active in fraudulent activity.So be warned. I should also mention no job i ever bought amounted to any sale or anything beneficial. You do the math.

Tip for consumers: Avoid This Site Like The Plague.

remember if $5 for a job that drives real targeted unlimited traffic to your website for a month sounds to good to be true...THAT'S BECAUSE IT IS !!!

jennyc36
7/24/15

This website is full of fraud i was seller on this website and today what i saw they blocked my account and it was nearly $700 was there in my account including upcoming payments now am trying to contact them and they are saying they can not unblock so means all the money they are gona take it in their account. A BIG FRAUD WEBSITE

If anybody want i have a full prove screenshots of my account that show the money.

mt56
7/23/15

I recently bought gig on fiverr and got cheated by guy from "INDIA" , and there is no effective support given from fiverr team, so, I gave up ! There are many good service providers also, but keep yourself ready to for disappointments.

anthonyg44
7/21/15

I just had to file a dispute as a buyer with PayPal because Fiverr closed my account and took my money! Fiverr is able to get away with these types of illegal business practices because they are located in Israel and not the United States?

I honestly believe they continue these horrible practices because they are not subject to US business laws. Nothing is going to happen until there is International pressure on Fiverr. I will hold my breath on that one.

They just received a $30 million dollars in funding (see this wiki link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiverr.

Tip for consumers: If you are a buyer and they steal your money immediately file a PayPal dispute. I can't guarantee you'll get your money but maybe after enough people do this PayPal will take notice and hopefully take action.

mohamedk5
7/20/15

Awesome website and services. If you are a seller, Be honest and be patient you will gain great money. If you are a buyer, just try to chose the right seller, and understand how the website works. If you get scammed, you should contact customer support and you will get your money back within few days.

I never had a bad experience with fiverr. I work there for 5 years.

martinc46
7/20/15

Lets just say that they show you a Ferrari, but you get less than a Fiat 500...

elenak18
7/14/15

i have never seen such system,i earn money there they keep holding it for days in the account,to be true,i did not like the system and i will not work from there anymore,i have done some research and there seems a few web site that fiverr alternatives: such as
you can choose any of them you like and i suggest you to also contact to them about their safety...

scottp52
7/14/15

Don't bother wasting your time. Maybe you'll get lucky 5% of the time. Close to fraud.

giovannym
7/13/15

It is a good tool for businesses to increase productivity of the company.
You can buy / offer services from $ 5 administration tools easy to understand.
Paypal payment method

firstnamel8
7/13/15

fiverr sucks very much. i just gave an oder to a seller who siince I paid has gone missing, not anwering me. the fiverr policy is that i have to wait for 2 days for the cancellation to take place. the dude who took my money has to accept and then i can get my money and start over again with a nother seller.

THIS SUCKS

Tip for consumers: it sucks

adamc62
7/11/15

I have tried numerous purchases on this site, each time I try to convince myself that if I pay more and work with the seller, the work will be of better quality. However, I did not even know that people existed that were capable of performing work of such a low quality. Fiverr staff is also nowhere to be found, which leads me to believe that this is a couple guys in a Romanian basement working with a group of people at the retarded IQ level doing all the Fiverr campaigns themselves. Do yourself a favor and pay for something acceptable on freelance websites. There is a difference between quality and acceptable work, and 3/3 times, the work has been well - well below the threshold of anything remotely acceptable. I have never created a negative review in my life, but this site is worse than poor quality - its outright fraud. All of the sellers use fake work samples and then try to up-sell you after you see how horrible their work is, just to make no changes and come up with excuses. Its totally pathetic.

stephaniem57
7/9/15

I was a loyal seller on Fiverr for over 2 years. With 100% positive feedback, I quickly climbed the ranks to level 2. All seemed to be well in Fiverr land. Then, I needed to buy some material for a client of mine. I started scanning the infographic jobs. Anytime I asked a seller what their $5 job was, I was met with hostility. My orders were cancelled left and right with no explanation. I confronted the sellers about it, saying it was false advertising/extortion, and I contacted Fiverr's customer service for assistance. The very next day, Fiverr knocked me off of the to levels I worked two years to achieve. When I confronted Fiverr about removing my two levels, they advised me that the process is "automated" and that I no longer met the requirements for a level 2 status. Really? With 100% positive feedback I no longer met the requirements? I told customer service that if they were going to knock me off of my levels, at least they should have the courage to tel me the truth about why. FRAUDS, FALSE ADVERTISING, INTIMIDATION. BUYER BEWARE!

jamesm282
7/7/15

They have the worst TOS (Terms of service) I have ever found.

monif
7/6/15

Bad experience. Learned from it.
Don't get mad. You can always report them to paypal to get your money back (all) as they get the percentage even though you waited your time, they didn't respond to your emails and they cancelled job and they way you can't leave feedback.

Unprofessional designer, Fiverr manipulate reviews, they know job wasn't done, you still loose the commission they steal from you. Or, and they give the money back NO, they put the money on their website, they don't give it back to your bank account.

Micha Kaufman the CEO is a THIEF!!! He knows what he is doing and is taking your money, end of story.

Also you can report this company to the BBB, people should know what they are about.
Take care everyone! and take care of your money!

katl30
6/25/15

For both sellers and buyers, having been both on this site.
Sellers Side:
I used to sell graphics, I was actually one of the people that took time and put in effort when working on orders (unlike a lot of people there), but the commission fee (20% + $1 off each withdrawal) is way too much if the lowest price is $5 (which is what most orders go for)
The customer support is useless, if you have a serious question, they will just ignore you!

Buyers Side:
Most work provided there is crap, these so called writers use word spinners, 99,5% designers use clipart for logos of templates for other stuff (business cards, flyers etc), lots of copyright infringement, most work in their gallery examples is fake.
a saxophone player guy that I ordered from actually used a virtual instrument instead of an actual saxophone to record the solo.
the list goes on..

long story short, the site is just overall crap, they advertise themselves as a place for professionals, but the majority of the people there don't even speak english nor have the base knowledge of the thing they advertise they can do.

oh and something interesting, even if you get a refund from a seller, your money stays there as a "Fiverr Credit" which means you can't get it back on your card / paypal.

Tip for consumers: Would highly suggest you stay away from this site unless you want to get ripped.

njt
6/19/15

If you believe that you are going to get high-quality work for $5, then you are sadly mistaken. As another reviewer said, choose your provider carefully. I've used Fiverr on five different occasions and each time, I have been disappointed.

The quality of the work was okay. The ability to offer work for $5 comes from the fact that providers are rehashing the same content over and over again. If you want something that requires more work, you will pay more. However, there is a limit to what some will do.

Many seem to operate on a Walmart mentality, preferring 100 customers paying $5 over a client who pays $50, so don't expect to pay your way to a better outcome. Based on my experience, the providers I came in contact with were focused on quantity, not quality. And hey, for $5, what do you expect? Even with the service add-ons, which can push you into paying hundreds, don't assume everyone will provide quality service.

One of the things I don't like about Fiverr is that you never get your money back. If you pay a provider for a service and something happens where the service is cancelled or undelivered, FIVVER KEEPS YOUR MONEY FOREVER. The only way to access your money is to hire another provider, and that provider's service must add up to the exact amount of your account credit. If the amount differs, Fivver will charge you again and ignore any credit you may have.

Their customer service is almost non-existent. Expect to wait 2-3 days before you get a reply, if you get a reply. If you even dare to fill out a customer survey detailing a negative encounter with a rep, expect an email from that same rep telling you why they did what they did. Nightmare.

I'm not saying to run from Fivver. I like Walmart. Even though I hate shopping there at times, I can't resist the bargains. I feel the same way about Fiveer.

There are some decent Fivver providers who will deliver services that you can't get for $5 in any market. Just make sure you read Fiverr's terms of service, and thoroughly vet the service provider before paying any money. Remember, your money will NEVER come back to you. Therefore, proceed with caution.

Tip for consumers: Negotiate all terms before purchasing a gig.

henlym
6/17/15

Select your service provider carefully. Search with key words that match your project. Be very specific in the order, almost to the point that they might not speak English. Over pay up front, tip and use the best ones again. Out of 28 projects, 2 were losers, but they tried and apologized, and the rest have been either very satisfactory or superlative. If they don't know what I want, that is my fault. Tip: write detailed instructions if possible

janew54
6/13/15

I paid for a gig. The seller cancelled on the day the gig was due to be supplied. (5 days after payment. no prior warning given that he might not be able to fulfill.) Refund was not automatic, I had to write to customer service who very kindly (sarcasm) reminded me that there was only a certain number of refunds allowed. I still had to pay a 50c processing fee even though my time was wasted and the order was not fulfilled. There was no recourse for the seller - because he cancelled there was no way to leave feedback.

anggip
6/3/15

Fiverr used to be a fun website. But then they're all turned so greedy with money.
they charge 20% off of seller's revenue, which only makes them 4 dollars.
and that's not enough! they charge 5% to buyers for every transactions.

first the seller, now the buyers.

ridiculous!

fredt19
6/2/15

I had 3 orders with zero service , explanation or anybody I could talk to. This is a scam . WOrst website . Waist of time.

dg59
6/1/15

Stay away from Fiverr! Incredible incompetence and hideous customer service! Not only did they make it impossible to place several orders, their system tacked on extra numbers to my user name, then accused me of "spamming their users", and disabled my account without ever contacting me. It took two full days to get anything but an automatic reply when trying to contact their alleged "support team." What a crock! Nothing works properly on their system.

deeceew
5/30/15

The crazy hoops you have to jump through just to delete an account says it all. Buyers don't give enough detail on jobs and you get punished for that. You can't turn down jobs that are kinda shady to begin with. The client that I made from my first job has given me tons of work now after we broke out of their interface.

Waste of time and bandwidth.

mol182
5/25/15

Don't even waste time.

nicholes8
5/23/15

Most of the people who are complaining here are making statements that clearly show that they don't know how to use the website. Someone even says, "The guy marked the order complete without ever turning in the work." No. That is absolutely incorrect. The seller cannot mark ANYTHING as "complete". It is impossible. The "buyer" (or customer) must mark it complete, or the website (Fiverr) does it for you after 3 whole days. If you are placing an order, and don't bother to check your messages for up to 3 days, the order is then marked as complete. If you're spending money on a service, you should probably make sure that YOU understand how it works before you get on random websites to complain about it. I have been using Fiverr for 3 months and it is a lovely service platform... IF you know what you're doing. That's why there are FAQ and Terms of Service pages. Everyone is always trying to find someone else to blame for their ignorance and it's frustrating. Especially since every single customer has the right to "reject" the order if the quality isn't up to par with their expectations. Every single one. You don't HAVE to accept low quality work. But you DO have to know exactly what you're doing and not blame a website for your OWN stupidity.

cliveh6
5/22/15

Im really now just getting word from customer service.. since an inquiry was made 3 days ago..

I really hate to say this.. really burns my heart to say: this company customer service sucks.. here's why.. they have a good service.. a very nice concept.. but i will shy away from this one.. i am so pissed at their customer service i think i will need a drink to relax me!! i need to make this be known beyond just the sitejabber community.. i personally feel as if this and other similar companies feel as if they can make all the millions they do and provide absolutely crappy service to folks here in the Western area..

Well Fiverr you need to do better, maybe for your fans on the Eastern World, Tel Aviv and your surrounding neighbors, that would be acceptable.. i don't think i would communicate with this customer service even if you paid me to.

Here is my response to customer service this morning:

I'm very very very displeased with your customer service. I don't think I'm interested in using the service of the website for fear of delay and inconvenience that I might have to wait days before I can get someone from customer service get back to me, and freelancer refuses to start working based on the fact I can't make or process payment. I've dealt with many many tech companies, large and small and I should say this one is the only in a long long time, perhaps in years that let me feel so dissatisfied with the service, I almost felt angry as I ended getting no work done and missing schedule as a lack of time customer service, come on guys, we are living in 2015 here. You're at least the equivalent to a Fortune 500 company. I believe your customer service platform should surely reflect this and this is just a little advice from a guy who probably doesn't matter.

Clive

To which the response was:

Thank you for the reply and for sharing your thoughts, Clive. We're terribly sorry to see you disappointed.

Your request had to be forwarded for a further review by our Technical team and sorry it took longer than expected.

I'm forwarding your request as a feedback and suggestion to our Product Management for their consideration.

To that user Nicky that gave them 5 stars and spoke about the platform.. yup they have a great website but, have an issue with their customer service team and then get back to me.. to say it's pathetic would be a grave understatement.

yaranm
5/21/15

These guys are unprofessional and 90% of the people are just con artists. I bought two products both services were horrible quality and total screw up. One actually published it without ever getting my approval ! Do yourself a favor, never work with these guys.

treyvonm
5/19/15

Not only is The customer service is atrocious but they guaranteed that I, as a seller, would get my money 14 days after the sale. They pushed back my payment, then they didn't pay me on the day i was supposed to get the money. I would suggest only buying from Fiverr and only from those you trust because they won't give you a refund if you don't like the service.

cj133
5/18/15

I asked for a simple fix on my resume. Paid my $ and kept getting the run around. Kept asking for a refund but never got it. Big time SCAM!!

daven19
5/14/15

After being very happy with a few gigs I bought from Fiverr I was scammed by a seller named Fiverrmaster after ordering a email signature for $5 and a full email template for $40. I only ever received the email sig. This guy Fiverrmaster marked everything complete without ever delivering the full email template. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this seller. For anyone interested I will email the correspondence between us as proof of this arrogant fraud.

tamzidi
5/10/15

you can buy best social service from here facebook youtube instagram and twitter.... this seller is good for this service.... and very honestly here is his email.... i think its better from fiverr

mugdhagreat@gmail.com

florencec14
5/5/15

I was very pleased with my book cover. I'll be hiring them to do more covers for me and eventually a web page. Anyone looking for great work at a reasonable price won't go wrong with Fiverr.

15 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fiverr staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Can I have some reviews regarding press releases by fiverr
4/14/15
Answer
lisam111
A: I know I have to wade through a lot of questionable sellers to get a good one. Happy hunting. There are good ones out there though.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: what is Fiverr?
4/27/15
Answer
keashanj
A: It's an online marketplace for services
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Fiverr staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

4 Photos for Fiverr