US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

guenters

I had one question for customer service which was answered sufficiently within 72 hours, Good enough for me. (in 16 reviews)

lenb5

I read a lot of poor reviews sighting customer support communication as a problem. (in 13 reviews)

erinm38

So, you have to wait for the email to come, which isn't right away, just to make simple changes or get your money. (in 54 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

db97
4/18/15

My review is based on one experience but it was enough for me to see how they work. I choose a seller with almost 7,000 5-star reviews for a 300-word blog article. His profile described how passionate he was about writing and providing interesting content."with so many great online reviews, how bad can he be?"

I provided a clear outline of what should be covered in the article and several websites where they could research the topic and find all the info they needed. Even though the seller had such great reviews, I still didn't have high expectations - I just needed a decent write up.
The article I received was such low quality, though. Poor grammar, lots of repetition, no mention of the key requirements in my outline - high-school level writing - and that is giving it too much credit.
When I complained to the writer, he said it was written by one of his newer writers and he has so many writers he can't look at them all. (What about his profile that implied he writes all the articles and was passionate, etc etc.?) He also said, "I try to only hire American English speaking writers, but since I only correspond with them through email, it is hard to say sometimes." I realize now that he is farming out the work to people anywhere in the world, he has no quality control. I don't know how he has managed to get so many good reviews, but I do know that it was impossible for me to leave a bad review.

AND - this guy was probably one of the good ones, because at least he responded to my criticism and offered me a refund (it's not really a refund, it's a credit since I don't get the money back.)

So, who wins in this situation? Fiverr does - they get to keep my transaction fee and they will get the $5 I was "refunded" because I will never use that credit.

I understand their business model now: Fiverr doesn't care about quality. At all. They make money on every job, no matter what happens. The vendor profiles are complete lies - they make it sound like they are doing the work but they are just farming it out to whomever, with no quality control.

I had low expectations and was willing to lose this small amount of money so I am not really upset, but I feel bad for those who got hurt more severely.

What can be done to stop these scammers?

arthurk22
4/16/15

Everything is wrong. It's not like usual freelance site.
Reviews are untruthful,
My experience was: price per service was changed, order marked as done, but wasn't, asked for more time, in month still not done. Seller account after closed.
Fivver didn't let me to leave review and didn't suggest to do this.
Customer support decline to cancel order.

So total cheating, just happy that spent $30, small amount

yaip
4/16/15

Fiverr only allows for good feedback to be left on sellers. The only time it will allow you to write a review is when your order is marked as Delivered or Complete.

Ask yourself what do you do when you are unhappy with your order/designer. 99.9% of people will answer with “cancel the order”. Because why would you want to pay for something that you are dissatisfied with…….. I thought its was a little funny that ALL the sellers have 4+ stars but now i understand why.....

In my situation I needed a logo design, I had an image of what I wanted no creative input needed.

1st designer canceled the order on his end- couldn't leave feedback because the order wasn't completed

2nd designer just told me they couldn't help me and left the order sitting there without canceling it. once again I can't leave feedback because the order wasn't completed.

alanb61
4/14/15

GIG TITLE: I will do everything related to Google Maps API for $5 | in Web Programming |

Waqas_lateef | Level 1 Seller | www.fiverr.com/waqas_lateef |

14:14 APRIL 14, 2015 - Me

Due to not hearing from you on Apr 13... I went ahead an opened a project at www.Freelancers.com.

Your offer states: I will do everything related to Google Maps API for $5...
therefore I assume this project is 1-GIG... nothing on your offer page or messages indicates different.

Can you accomplish the above?
What is your time table?

Thank you in advance for a prompt and detailed response.

14:14 APRIL 14, 2015 - waqas_lateef

Hello Alan,
Ok, I understand the details. About point 8, did you mean turn by turn directions, because this is what google maps api can provide. About the price, Do you really think that this project deserves $5. $5 is the standard charges to create the gig on fiverr. I will charge $600 for this project. I am a student and I usually work on weekends. I have a little too much on my plate this week. So I believe I can deliver you next weekend. till 27 of this month. Is it ok with you??

14:48 APRIL 14, 2015 - Me

DECLINED.

14:49 APRIL 14, 2015 - waqas_lateef

What number did you had in your mind??

15:22 APRIL 14, 2015 - Me

YOUR GIG TITLE: will do everything related to Google Maps API for $5...

16:32 APRIL 14, 2015 - waqas_lateef

Alan try to understand. Go to fiver and search "Google Maps API", and see all the gigs. And then tell me if there is any person or gig which is not stated with $5. All the gigs starts from $5. But there exist the concept of "custom order" where you can ask the seller to do a big project for good and deserving price, that they both agree on.

16:34 APRIL 14, 2015 - Me

That was NOT once mentioned by you. Your TITLE is DECEPTIVE. Your approach was DECEPTIVE.

16:41 APRIL 14, 2015 - waqas_lateef

I am sorry, if that caused any inconvenience but I do NOT agree with you. I did NOT deceived you and neither could I think of doing that to any of my clients. I believe in honest means of earning. It is mere disagreement on price of the project.

18:00 APRIL 14, 2015 - Me

> It is mere disagreement on price of the project.

NO IT IS NOT.

- Your GIG TITLE is MISREPRESENTATIONAL.

- You do not provide PRICING DISCLOSURE as do reputable Fiverr Sellers.

- You deny and argue with the FACTS.

Nothing about the above is HONEST.

BAIT & SWITCH - MISREPRESENTATION - NON-DISCLOSURE
... ARE NOT AN ACCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES.

*** END ***

frankc57
4/12/15

I don't know why the bad reviews on here. I have used Fiverr.com since the site started. I had over six logos designed for my various companies as well as other marketing tools linked with Facebook and twitter as well as reviews and such. The vendors were more than helpful and most of the time I even tip them because the job was so good. The vendors that delivered me the logos more often than not would give me anywhere from 2-11 logos for only $5. That is a ridiculous price. I was charged over $300 for my very first company logo from a graphic design firm. So all in all I highly recommend choosing fiverr.com and giving it a shot.

dorisd4
4/9/15

Fiverr smh. I will never use this site again. The sellers are rude and unprofessional. I have had sellers threaten me just for asking questions. Fiverr customer service is non existent, they never refund you your money. You might as well put your money in the toilet and Flush.

manuelp14
4/4/15

There are two problems with Fiverr. One they have really high hidden fees, on the surface they disclose a 20% commission but it's actually 25-30%. They charge buyers a 5-10% "processing" fee that many sellers are not even aware of.

The other problem is that seller reviews are a fraud. Sellers can avoid negative feedback by simply canceling the job. The only way you can leave negative feedback for a seller is if you pay full price for incomplete or unsatisfactory work. Otherwise you have to agree to a cancellation to get your money back and you loose the right to rate them. Also, sellers can cancel unilaterally even if you don't agree.

The whole thing is smoke and mirrors.

Details:

Tip for consumers: Just avoid it. You can easily waste a week or two and end up with no work done and a canceled job. It's ridiculous.

holliew5
4/1/15

I wish I would have read these reviews first! I tested them with 5$ for a logo but was charged 5.50$ because they wanted .50cents for a transaction fee. The gig was cancelled by the seller the next day and Fiverr credits me ONLY 5$ back. They told me to find a new seller where the total 5$ credit covers the transaction fees which means I have to find a 4.50$ seller. NOTHING is under 5$ on Fiverr. The site owners are SCAMMERS and I have already been spammed from tricky sellers on that site looking to pull off a scam. HORRIBLE website, stay away, and they need to be investigated. I hope Paypal drops them as a payment gateway ASAP.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use them, period.

ihaba
3/31/15

this is the worst site you can ever deal with it, I opened the account and they closed it only after 1 day without any logical reason, the customer support is terrible, My advice not to deal with this site at all

Tip for consumers: you can login into this site for alternatives

notgivingu
3/31/15

This service is horrible. Used it twice..one paper was late and the other i was nailed for plagerism!!! Got an F!! Not to mention the guy was a frigin stalker...emailing me and trying to friend me on FB. Not cool! Look around dont use use this place!

terryh61
3/28/15

This site is used to steal credit card information, and this is fact. I signed up with Fiverr to produce a logo for a shooting club that I run. After the first request failed(No communication from a "woman" from Pakistan that barely typed in English when she finally decided to reply to my request 5 days later(logo was "guaranteed" in 48 hours), I found another designer. After 48 hours, the logo was sent to me(5 different versions) and it was awful. It looked like a logo that one of those automatic logo design sites could produce. Well, I rejected the logo and contacted support for a full refund(Still have not heard back, two weeks later). A few days after this, I noticed ELEVEN fraudulent charges on my Citi card totalling over $800. The first charge was made minutes after the legit Fiverr charge that I authorized. In short, this site is designed to harvest CC and debit card information. I forwarded my complaint to the FBI internet crimes division. Avoid this third-world scam of a site at all costs.

Tip for consumers: AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

ronaldp21
3/26/15

I am totally frustrated with the so-called support, which I am not obtaining from Fiverr

I have been a member of Fiverr since 10 April 2013 - I reside in Portugal and unfortunately my email provider suffered a virus attack and as a consequence my sapo email address was made redundant and I was forced to arrange a new email address which I did effective from the 23 March 2015

I am able to enter my Fiverr account see all my past transactions and payments etc - see my Fiverr name - Kidson and when I go to change my email address I get a message saying; "For the email change to take effect, please follow instructions in an email sent to the original address (---------) Since the original address does not exist clearly it does not come through to me and presumably FIverr must receive a failure notice

When I advise support of the foregoing they then ask me to submit a scanned copy of my passport - never asked for or required when I first registered back in 2013 and I am just not prepared to entertain this request - then ask for my Paypal details which I again refuse and they also ask me for my Payee ID associated to your Fiverr Revenue Card - which I have never had

Following more exchanges with the support team I am told

For security purposes, we are not permitted to change any information on an account without a copy of a government issued ID.

All I want to do is change my email address which I have had to do with many many other sites following the change to my new email address and no problems with anyone else - only with Fiverr

I have no wish to change any other of my personal details - Only my email address - as my old one no longer exists

I can see all of my records I placed 19 0rders - 1 Cancelled -

I can see the details of all the orders I placed - how much was paid and when etc etc - but I am not permitted to change my email address - which means if I wish to place a new order or query something with the seller I would have no way of communicating- its all so ridiculous

I have asked for someone with a degree of sanity to intervene so I can continue to use my same account, which I have held since 2013, as the only change I am seeking – is an email change - as the old one no longer exists!!

Tip for consumers: Customer support is useless

marbearc
3/20/15

We had two things done now with them. First time the lady didn't basically speak English even though she said she did. She made half of what we had and we had to take it and go fix it ourself. Second time the man used a horrible script even though we told him what we wanted and told him we needed a website built from scratch. I paid $80 for total crap. Then told him I didn't want his crap so I cancelled my order. I then have it escalated in paypal but then fivvrr closed my account and I still don't have my money back.

Tip for consumers: Don't pay money to someone you don't know. Many of their people who write just copy and plagiarize. And when you have a complaint there isn't really anything you can do. You cant ever say anything bad or they will close your account. Only an email for complaints which doesn't get response. SO you pay $120 to someone and never get service or your money back. If you complain they close your account. Go look all over the internet you will see these same things of people complaining.

angelat21
3/17/15

Fiverr stole 2 book manuscripts I wrote.
Sold them to clients on their site for $660.
Did not pay me one cent and disabled my account.
Took another $70 out of my account for services they didn't deliver.

If you would like to file a class action lawsuit with me, please email me at atuckerit@gmail.com

I am mother of an infant disabled child.
If they can hurt someone like me, trust me, they will hurt you too.

Tip for consumers: Please file class action lawsuit against them.

robertd112
3/16/15

The people behind fiverr are just taking the money and running. The $5 fee is becoming a bait-and-switch.

I have had two sellers cancel a $5 order - because I did not pay the $20 "upgrade".

Tip for consumers: Be prepared to spend about $20 and remember, they do not have your back. They side with the seller and keeping all the money they can. Beware

ronk29
3/15/15

I tried to sign up for three different times, three different projects and none of them were completed. I wanted a scraper completed for a website and the vendor never did anything. I was forced to cancel the job. No, big deal, it was only 5 days wasted. So, I tried a different developer and the job was estimated at 7 days. On, day 7, the vendor said, the job is worth more then $5, so he declined the job and it was canceled. A waste of two weeks trying to get this job completed. I tried to hire a voice over professional and I listened to all the talent and the talent was not bad but the system would not process my credit card, or at least I thought. Apparently the system did take my money and return it there shortly after for some reason. I got a receipt saying I paid for it but I could not find my order. I emailed customer service and they told me they would look into it. Fast forward 7 days, I get an email, "Our system has marked this ticket as Solved automatically. Your comments have been noted in case you reopen this request again," wow, worst experience ever.

Tip for consumers: Set your expectations very low and you wont be too dissappointed.

edk13
3/15/15

Do you think you will get a logo or website design from a hot shot designer for $5.00? It is the beginning of a money pit! Read the offers very very carefully.

debbiew29
3/15/15

THIS IS FROM THE HORSES MOUTH; CUSTOMER SERVICE. Unfortunately, the sellers are no longer part of our community. As mentioned in our Terms of Service: "Fiverr does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights or violations. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.Furthermore, Fiverr is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Sellers. We provide no warranty with respect to the Gigs, their delivery, and any communications between buyers and sellers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system and our community in choosing appropriate Gigs® service offers."

Tip for consumers: Do not give anyone your Facebook or other information. No one is accountable here. I know what do you expect for $5. My Bad. I trusted the site.

martino96
3/14/15

What a scam! John134 via Kickstarter (Fiverr.com) wants you to pay money, but get nothing in return. During the beginning, when it is most important to get the crowdfunding campaign off the ground, this paid “assistance” sits back and does nothing. Then it promises to put you in touch with “followers” two weeks later, when it is too late. In the meantime, it suggests that you to pay more money to get additional assistance.

Tip for consumers: Don't contribute money to Fiverr.com

thomase15
3/5/15

Almost signed in and then backed off -- far away. Undoubtedly, we are all used to the EULA that basically says any company can rob you blind on general principles. That's bad enough, and as a freelance writer with 20 years-plus of dedication and passion and new learning in the field, I'm turning more and more "EULA copy-n-paste companies" down, whether a buyer or a seller and regardless of what they are selling or how bad I want it.

Fiverr(TM) stays pretty even -- having rewritten the EULA to a point where they aren't taking everything -- at least on the surface. That was well done. However, scroll way down to the bottom and you see this cute little statement that says that "they can use content for marketing purposes -- or any other purpose" -- that screams third-party vendors and absolute intellectual property control, even though they say earlier that the buyer gets intellectual property. I'm good with that latter part. If I ghostwrite, or do an edit for a client on a business document or thesis/dissertation, then I expect, since I was paid as a contractor, not to retain any rights. Fiverr(TM), however, has made it clear that they can use any portion for any purpose. That means the company owns your work that you either created as a seller, or contracted as a buyer. In essence, Fiverr(TM) gets everything for free in terms of content, and still charges fees.

In the words of Kyle on Southpark(TM) -- I say "Shenanigans!" to this carnival rip-off.

As a highly-qualified writer, I'll go back to my own website and control. I'm disappointed. I heard good things about Fiverr(TM)

Please everyone -- it is like having a root canal during a tax audit while seeing your car being towed away in your peripheral vision as you lay in the surgical chair -- but read the "terms" of these new start-ups. The thirty minutes you'll lose going line by line will save you that much in the anxiety you'll face later. Companies like Fiverr(TM) have got to learn -- it's not all about them. Not any more. There are too many professionals'
out there who will find another way.

Tip for consumers: Read the "Terms" closely and then decide how much you are willing to lose.

erinm38
3/4/15

I feel like fiverr is really just a rip off. I did some design services, such as really small illustrations. I thought it would be a good and simple way to make some cash on the side while honing some skills. WRONG. The type of buyers on that site, I have found, expect a whole lot out of your for so little pay. You can increase the price on each service you are selling, which makes sense, but most buyers don't even bother to read and expect your highest level of service for $5. Then fiverr has not even given you the functionality to upgrade to the level your buyer needs!! You are stuck with doing high level job for $5 unless you can convince your buyer to buy another level service. The mobile site is even worse. It has about 30% of the features on the website. Terrible. How are you supposed to do your business in a timely manner, like they repeatedly hound you to do, if their mobile site is less than functional? They also send you a lot of annoying emails. You can opt out of some such as the marketing emails, but if you have a buyer who doesn't respond after a few days, fiverr will repeatedly send you emails everyday to say you need to "work on your job" and not to leave your client hanging. Its even worse when you've gone past your deadline for reasons out of your control. That is BS and way too many emails. Once you've finished your job, you only get 80% of your payment. So if you work for $5 you are actually getting $4. I did at least 5 jobs and only ended up with $32. Not worth my time. The site is not intuitive at all. It is way too complicated for a site that sells $5 jobs. I really feel like there is too much extra "stuff" that gets in the way of navigating the pages and understanding your profile and gigs. Also, anytime you'd like to make a change, a payout, or anything other than adding a new "gig," they make you confirm with an email. So, you have to wait for the email to come, which isn't right away, just to make simple changes or get your money. Overall, I had 10x the headache than reward with this site. If you don't mind doing a lot for basically nothing, then you'd probably like this site. Otherwise, you're better off going to a real freelancing site where the buyers actually expect to pay out for decent work.

shiras1
3/3/15

I completed a gig and was paid for it on February 9, and will not get the money from Fiverr until March 9. I am absolutely outraged. Not only that, but Fiverr extracted a fee of $4 for their exceptionally awful services.
Basically, Fiverr is taking advantage of a job market that encourages employers to pay freelancers peanuts without the employer having to pay any taxes to the federal government. Fiverr takes a cut from the freelancer and the employer gets away without having to pay any fees. Shame on you, Fiverr!
The website itself is almost impossible to navigate.

frankm27
3/2/15

I ordered a simple Logo a week ago - still not delivered. I provided feedback, colors and images I liked within 1 day. Of course I was charged already. Charge should be only 50% upfront and 50% upon delivery. Late delivery by Fiverr lowers the price.

Tip for consumers: Pay for only 50% upfront. Delays in delivery lowers fee.

sa11156
2/16/15

As far as sellers go, I had GREAT experiences (outstanding quality & creativity), as well as a couple that were a total waste of time and money. I am still waiting for Fiverr to give me a refund on one I didn't want to give a positive rating to, because I was not satisfied with the product. Most gigs are more than the advertised $5, but in reality - someone designing an awesome logo for $20 is a hell of a good deal.

That said - the reason I would NOT recommend use of Fiverr is because since I have used it, the credit cards I used on the site were hacked. None of my other cards have been hacked; just the ones I used on Fiverr. Large purchases were made for car repairs, "donations", large amounts for Facebook advertising, and several others that were declined. Coincidence that ONLY the cards I used on Fiverr were hacked, and within two weeks of the purchases being made? Maybe - but after that hassle of having to cancel cards and sign declarations I wasn't buying car repairs out of the country...I won't be using, or recommending them anytime soon.

Tip for consumers: Some vendors are great; others are not. It's hit and miss, but when you get a hit, it can be amazing. Positive reviews don't always mean much (the sellers actually ASK you to give them a 5 star rating before they have even deliveredd the product), and photos of their work don't always reflect what they are capable of. My advice is to ONLY purchase the $5 gig to see what they can do initially; that way if you want more you can get it later.

naec1
2/15/15

Tip for consumers: The bigest scam is fiver you must be verry carefull when you order you can lose money i lose 20$ $#*!ing site never use fiver only scamers on it

jennifert41
2/11/15

HORRIBLE! AFTER GETTING A GOOD IDEA TO GET STARTED ON THE WEBSITE. I WENT THROUGH WITH PUTTING EVERYTHING IN. THEN THE SITE OR MY INTERNET, I AM NOT SURE WHICH FROZE UP AND WHEN I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING AGAIN, I LOST ALL THE WORK I PUT INTO IT. I NEVER WORKED ON A SITE THAT DOES NOT SAVE THE STUFF ON ITEMS YOU ALREADY ENTERED. NOW I HAVE TO RE-ENTER EVERYTHING AGAIN. WILL WAIT TO SEE IF I WILL. FOUND A BETTER SITE THAT I WILL POSSIBLY USE NOW.
I WILL NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE.

Tip for consumers: MAKE SURE YOU FINISH UP WITH EVERYTHING AND HOPE THAT THERE IS NO WEBSITE OR INTERNET ISSUES OR ANY OTHER SUPRISES.

ianm64
2/10/15

The company doesn't protect selelrs like me. A seller named CREATIVEDIANA made me wait for a long time for a gig to be delivered. On the due date, she asked for more information which I provided. After that, she begged to be given more time. Then in the end wants to cancel the gig. What? You just wasted my time, asked for more info and time and in the end you will just cancel. What a very professional worker.

Don't ever work with a seller named CREATIVEDIANA or just simply stay away from Fiverr. Customer support sided with the seller even with my long history of orders. Their loss, not mine.

Tip for consumers: Don't hire a seller named CREATIVEDIANA or avoid utilizing Fiverr's services.

medl3
2/6/15

Hello :

I was about to create my moz account for about 99$ per month , i just search fiverr "moz account" and i find a buyer that create 4 month moz account for only 5$ yeah I buy it and my account delivred within 6 hours.

Yeah I save +300$ using fiverr thank you !!!!

sarahp71
2/5/15

I have actually had a very good experience with this site. It is a buyers beware but peer reviews can help you weed out the bad ones. I just wouldn't spend a lot of money with anyone until they have proven they can do the work... for $5 that's not so bad.

lisal88
1/26/15

Fiverr is a horrible service site. You'll be lucky to find even a mediocre graphic designer. I lost some money on this site big time when I was trying to get a brochure done for my writing project. The foreign graphic designers don't understand anything and you just get whatever they send which most of the time is s&*%.

Tip for consumers: Don't spend over $5. You'll be crying if you do.

georges109
1/23/15

Once your order is cancelled (due to the seller missing the deadline or other problem) you can't leave any seller feedback or reviews of service. Hence, only the good reviews of a seller are posted. This is a major drawback, as you can't get an honest idea of a sellers all-round performance.

Jimmygibbs did a good job on an eBook cover, but two months later when I asked him to do the paperback cover he missed the deadline, and did not incorporate any of my requests into the finished design. I had to use another cover. Very poor communication. Fiverr communication is difficult. Sometimes you have to logout and then login to reach a different part of their site.

Tip for consumers: Know that negative feedback is screened out, so that you don't really know how good the seller is. I do not recommend Jimmygibbs for anything but the most simple jobs.

williamf42
1/19/15

I have bought many gigs off Fiverr over a period off 2 years, now l would not touch it with a barge pole. Full off crap sellers. Ordered a gig recently for an ADSENSE WEBSITE, only one BIG problem, job completed with no Adsense Ads. If l wanted adsense ads on the site l would have to leave a positive review for the seller first or pay another $20.

As for the traffic to your website, FORGET IT, rubbish bot traffic which will show as clicks, but you will never get a sale from it.

Make money gigs forget also. Question, if they were earning the amounts off money they talk about in the gig would they really be selling the info for $5? earn $500 a day, $30,000 a month, etc.

Many off these sellers also offer free gigs for leaving them positive feedback, this should not be allowed. A buyer should be allowed to leave an honest and constructive review off the gig, good or bad. Abusive feedback to the seller should not be allowed.

Feedback on the traffic gigs should again be better from the buyers. Results is what counts from traffic not clicks. As l stated earlier l have never found an honest gig on traffic on fiverr. The clicks show on the link they send you but not on my trackers. Real Scam traffic gigs.

Never going back to Fiverr again where it seems it is full off dishonest sellers and they shadow and tarnish the good ones that might be there. Fiver needs to do more to protect buyer and seller.

William

darranw
1/11/15

Scam. You pay for a gig, they seller delays, then offeres refund. If you take refund it is stuck in fiverr's system forever without ever a change to get it back. If you wait for the artwork, it is corrupted or crap. Complete scam to rip you off .50$ st a time.

johnw260
1/11/15

As a seller, I find it frustrating providing quality critiques and edits for immature buyers who get a good product and rate down because of their errors.They do no understand that they are getting a bargain plus quality from my gigs. I will not sell any products on Fiverr as of 2-2015. I am sick of doing all this work for 4 dollars. It's ridiculous.

larryd32
1/4/15

Poor service.No access to telephone or realtime interaction with customer service.
Attempts to pay are convoluted and result in double billing or incorrect (overcharge) billing.
Probably a scam.If not....the Bozo Brigade.

mevilb
12/29/14

Before Start work on Fiverr Think twise .

Hello Support Team,

THIS IS AN URGENT MATTER AND I WANT YOUR ATTENTION TO OUR PROBLEM THAT WE ARE FACING DUE TO YOUR UNPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOUR.I have submitted tickets for numerous time and that too for the same reason.WE ARE HERE FACING A SERIOUS & MAJOR ISSUE OF GIGS DEACTIVATION and WE NEED YOUR RESPONSE ASAP.i am astonished that your team is not helping out and had left us hanging in between by not responding to our tickets.IS THIS THE PROFESSIONAL WAY TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS?

If you arent aware of the reason then Let me again summarise it for you.I have been told that we are operating mass accounts from the same IP and thats why the gigs have been deactivated.COME ON!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?? Since 8 months,We are working as a freelancer on your portal from India,giving our 100% to become a Top Rated seller from level 1 and What you are doing now is FLUSHING THE WATER ON OUR HARD EARNED EFFORTS.If you dont know then We are using shared internet connection in our commercial complex where our office is based and Looking at your portals popularity,There must be various Fiverr accounts that are operated by different freelancers from our complex.We cannot check with each and every person working in our complex whether they are having Fiverr accounts or not. So do you think that it is the right way to check the authenticity of a person just from the IP address?? If your answer is YES then I highly recommend you to use some authentic procedure like requesting legal document(Driving license, voting card,etc) while opening any account and i am sure it will save you from blame of deactivating accounts just on the basis of IP address.Even you can use verification by video calling in the same manner like other portals are doing.I can show you legal documents for our account verification or you can video call me on Skype and confirm my identity.

By the way,Do you have any standard policies regarding the verification of person that is operating any particular account?? because i havent came across with any of such notification from your side at the time of opening my account and if it is not like that then i will make sure that you face a legal action from authorized entities to protect my customer rights.

You does not follow standard procedure for verification and YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS IN A UNPROFESSIONAL MANNER and that disappoints to me a huge extent and even WHAT I CANNOT DIGEST IS YOUR AUDACITY TO DEACTIVATE MY GIGS WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME, after all its my Fiverr profile.right? Dont i have the right to be notified prior to deactivation of my gigs?

But one thing is certain that You have done serious damage to my business and i cannot allow that.Though you not notified to me but i am notifying you that if i am not getting response from you guys within 48 hours and then i will have to take this matter into court.And I assure you that you will land yourself in a huge mess if my gigs are not activated within 24 hours.

I am also planning to switch my business to some other portal where customer is well served,NOTIFIED PRIORLY,having FINE SENSE OF VERIFYING CUSTOMERS.Also,i will not recommend your portal to any of my friends.I dont want to ruin my reputation among my friends by recommending portal who doesnt even care to respond to client's query.

I HOPE MY PROBLEMS GETS TO YOUR EARS and I GET A RESPONSE FROM YOUR SIDE,SUPPORT TEAM!!

daniellec24
12/20/14

I just tried this site for the first time. I did not understand some of the choices that I was given for the logo that I ordered, so I tried to keep my request as simple as possible. glottis1907, responded by telling me that I did not read his site accurately. So, he did not respond to my request, nor did he complete my order. As a FIRST TIME customer, I was disappointed because this is not what I expected, and did not receive my money back. I will not be using this site again, and will post a negative review on the internet as often as I possibly can.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT WORK WITH GLOTTIS1907 OR use FIVERR.com

lvw1
12/15/14

I DESPERATELY want to like FIVRR; theoretically, it would be a great way to try out graphic designers before you make a commitment on a bigger job.

First, I think it terrible that someone is forced to even think about making a product for the cost of latte in NY. Seller should open communication with buyers so that they can sell up. I gave very specific requests, neither of the 2 designers made the marks. Instead, they returned something they probably already had on-hand with the addition of a few revisions.

My sellers had great sense for the beginning of "customer service". One had fantastic counter-manner, however,

Seller #1: gave me a logo that "would be perfect for Affliction" (a feedback from a friend). He insisted that all logos would be done based only on his style. The sample logos were a lot more elegant; mine looked like a logo for a B-rated version of the Hunger Game.

Seller #2: I wanted a seal from this seller and had created the whole seal so that this seller didnt have to "think" too hard. He was easy-going, really courteous, but the seal came back nothing like I sent him. Our motto was incorrectly quoted, contained grammar errors, and our logo (within the seal he created) was replaced with something that looks like "double happiness".

Tip for consumers: DONT USE THIS SITE

jeremyr16
12/11/14

Found fiverr good, have order quite a few promotions for my website and fan page, give credit where it's due and jazzy7 gave me a great package. Have also had other great sellers such as mbrown and hitace44, overall pleased so far.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy likes, stick with really person promotions, likes will get you nowhere

peterj61
12/7/14

A Fiverr ad came across my facebook page and I found it interesting. I had a logo from something else and wanted the wording changed to my business name. Simple, right? Not with these Bozo's. I paid $50 to two different people, one in Pakistan, and one in Brazil. They were both told that I would be happy to pay them substantially more if the logo was to my liking. One came back completely wrong and half ass, then she said give her a few days but I never heard from her again. The one in Brazil never even did anything after being paid! No response, nothing, and even blocked me from direct contact!!
If this isn't a scam nothing is! I had to file paypal claims and did get my money refunded. The one star review is only because no stars may not be an option.
Words of caution: STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY!

rickis2
12/4/14

HORRIBLE- EXPERIENCE FOR THE FIRST TIME !!! THIS IS WHAT THE PERSON SAID TO ME NAMED JOHNNY WHO DOES IMPERSONATIONS - OBAMA- READ BELOW: I HAVE NEVER HAD A BUSINESS SPEAK SO UNPROFESSIONAL :
"Ricki, I'm sorry. I appreciate your fervor and sense of urgency, but I can't do anything for you now because you didn't follow the instructions and contact me before ordering, and allow me to quote you an accurate cost and the luxury of agreeing or disagreeing to do the work. This is not a $5 job, and the instructions were very conspicuous and clear, I'm not understanding at all why you bypassed them. I'm sorry, but please cancel the order. No work will be completed."

Tip for consumers: DONT GO THERE HORRIBLE IMPERSONATION PERSON NAMED JOHNNY!!

webmonkeyk
11/26/14

Hey guys, I don't think fiverr is a scam as I've used it without a problem, but it can be a little messy. I've been using fivesquid.com, which personally feels to me to be a much better and more trustworthy site. It's a British company that seems to tick all of the boxes for me. They seem to have just released a new version of fivesquid and I must say it looks pretty slick to me, so will be using it even more now.

lifeb
11/23/14

Fiverr is a huge lie,

itá s scamming site if you want to lose your money with time you can try it !

I'm talking with 5 month experience look this video and get an idea about this liers

Tip for consumers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuRDg0IbgKQ

guenters
11/16/14

I ordered 4 gigs with 4 different individuals. 3 for doing some research and one for an ebay seller site. Two researches' results were what I wanted. One researcher told me in all honesty that she did not have the expertise on that topic and refunded the money. Each of the researchers received 40$. The individual working on the ebay site was a tad on the expensive side (100$) but I got what I paid for and then some.

I have not a single bad experience and will continue to use them. This my experiences as a client. You can always find bad apples but here, fiverr comes in as mediator: If you don't like the work you should be able to get your money back since fiverr obviously (reading comments from sellers on this site) is on the buyer's side (whether fairly or not).

As a seller I cannot imagine to live off fiverr if you live in one of the high cost countries. But I can imagine that it may support you if the cost of living is low and a stream of 20$ gigs gets you somewhere. This is global trade for the little guys. Each partner wins because of the difference of cost of living of seller via buyer. I doubt that I would get what I received (quality- and quantity-wise) for the money invested locally (in the US). On the other side, I would not even consider going locally after some pricing research. I would not have progressed any further. So, I did not take someone here a job away, but added a source of income to someone who can make better use of my money.

All in all: so far I have had a very good experience as a client and will continue utilizing their service but am ready to find a bad apple or two amidst.

krishtij
11/11/14

never buy from this seller..

Horrible, terrible and It wasn't worth getting the work done.. Completely bull$#*! .

Trust me, he would make you mad with his conversation and messages before the work just to get you some more gigs..and when you get the work, you'll have to rework on it... This is a complete failure.

Tip for consumers: Don't go on the users credentials they are fake ... like him https://www.fiverr.com/sonumblr/do-assignments-related-to-marketing-sales-and-retail?context=advanced_search&context_type=rating&funnel=2014102419092452119780400

paulah14
11/3/14

I hadn't used Fiverr in a long time, but I really wanted something done for my birthday. I posted two gig requests, one very specifically stating what I wanted. I got nearly 30 replies from people who cannot or will do not what I wanted, and there is no option to deny, reject, or block. If I'm looking for male anime character fan art, in anime style, then frankly, I don't want realism, or watercolor, or shirt designs.

When I contacted help, the helper decided to tell me to post something else more specifically. They only allow you a 120 character limit, so I posted their wording. And got the exact same thing. The helper then decided to take up for them, saying that they are allowed to post on whatever it is that they feel like if it's an art category.

They don't care about buyers. They don't care if you can't get what you want because people don't want to work with you. They don't care if you get upset because in all over 40 people posted whatever they felt like posting and nothing had anything to do with your request.

Tip for consumers: If you're looking for art commissions, look somewhere else. Deviantart is just as bad, so I don't know where else to recommend. If you're a buyer, read the requests people make, and don't just post your gig if it has nothing to do with what people request.

miaf6
11/2/14

Customer care is very poor. They will never support/respond you. Lot of fake buyers. Payment is not safe. Work for the buyer if you are lucky you will get the pay, no guarantee. The surprising thing is you have to wait 15-20 days after delivering the work to get the pay of $$..how funny...Fever won't do anything to recover if you lose the pay. They will only sit and watch. Never use this site. -5 star rating.

Tip for consumers: Work on your own risk and you have lot of time to waste.

lindam118
10/31/14

Used Fiverr on two occasions to get blogs written. First was an ok result however the site double charged. The agreed fee was $10 and the charge appeared twice on my credit card statement. On querying it, they have given a credit for $5. That's theft - short by $5 and I want a refund, not credit! Second experience wasted $50 - poor quality output and delivered late. At least the supplier agreed to rebate the fee, though once again, this was processed as a credit not a refund. What a scam!

Tip for consumers: Proceed with caution. Be prepared to do your dough and consider it a bonus if you get a decent result. Highly rated suppliers are usually overloaded with work.

nicks74
10/30/14

I knew Fiverr was not right after using it for 1 year. I was selling a service, "holding a sign". The unscrupuous buyer bought my gig extra and the total gig was $25. I spent about two hours of my personal time preparing for this gig delivery and delivered the pictures before due date. Three days later, I've noticed Fiverr cancelled this order and deducted $25 out of my balance, assuming refunding back to buyer. When attempted to contact buyer myself, his account was suddenly "not valid" I did some research and looked up this buyer and noticed on his instagram, he had used my three pictures I had delivered to him (me holding a sign with his instagram hashtag). I wrote to Fiverr to specifically explained to them that this buyer used a fake account on Fiverr and scammed me and that I wasn't working for free. I even sent Fiverr the three links to the post on this guy's instagram account of the three pictures he was using from me. Fiverr wrote back and said that they were going to investigate the matter and look into this this. Three days later, Fiverr got back and told me that they don't offer any refunds without saying anything else. HOW CAN THEY NOT OFFER ME A REFUND IF THIS WAS THEIR OWN FAULT??? I WORKED FOR THIS DOUCEBAG FOR FREE AND FIVERR IS NOT TAKING THE RESPONSIBILITY THAT IT SHOULD AND PAY ME BACK MY MONEY THAT THEY TOOK FROM ME. I"m so disgusted by them, I do agree with you, FIVERR IS A BUNCH OF $#*!ING CROOKS!!!

Tip for consumers: STAY THE AWAY FROM THIS SITE

kevins83
10/23/14

Used fiverr for logos...AWESOME EXPERIENCE!! Returned 8 logos on time and made adjustments within a day or two. No problems with payments or the designer. The designer was nicholas_designer...I'm about to use him agan

Tip for consumers: do your homework and look at he comments posted by users before purchasing. Also, use the web to look up there work.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fiverr staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Can I have some reviews regarding press releases by fiverr
5 days ago
larryd32
A: Fiverr up your rectum is more like it.
4 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Fiverr staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

4 Photos for Fiverr

Fiverr?
Click here to post a review