US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

guenters

I had one question for customer service which was answered sufficiently within 72 hours, Good enough for me. (in 13 reviews)

lenb5

I read a lot of poor reviews sighting customer support communication as a problem. (in 10 reviews)

kellym43

i use it often and for the most part get quality work done that is really worth the money. (in 40 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

georges109
1/23/15

Once your order is cancelled (due to the seller missing the deadline or other problem) you can't leave any seller feedback or reviews of service. Hence, only the good reviews of a seller are posted. This is a major drawback, as you can't get an honest idea of a sellers all-round performance.

Jimmygibbs did a good job on an eBook cover, but two months later when I asked him to do the paperback cover he missed the deadline, and did not incorporate any of my requests into the finished design. I had to use another cover. Very poor communication. Fiverr communication is difficult. Sometimes you have to logout and then login to reach a different part of their site.

Tip for consumers: Know that negative feedback is screened out, so that you don't really know how good the seller is. I do not recommend Jimmygibbs for anything but the most simple jobs.

williamf42
1/19/15

I have bought many gigs off Fiverr over a period off 2 years, now l would not touch it with a barge pole. Full off crap sellers. Ordered a gig recently for an ADSENSE WEBSITE, only one BIG problem, job completed with no Adsense Ads. If l wanted adsense ads on the site l would have to leave a positive review for the seller first or pay another $20.

As for the traffic to your website, FORGET IT, rubbish bot traffic which will show as clicks, but you will never get a sale from it.

Make money gigs forget also. Question, if they were earning the amounts off money they talk about in the gig would they really be selling the info for $5? earn $500 a day, $30,000 a month, etc.

Many off these sellers also offer free gigs for leaving them positive feedback, this should not be allowed. A buyer should be allowed to leave an honest and constructive review off the gig, good or bad. Abusive feedback to the seller should not be allowed.

Feedback on the traffic gigs should again be better from the buyers. Results is what counts from traffic not clicks. As l stated earlier l have never found an honest gig on traffic on fiverr. The clicks show on the link they send you but not on my trackers. Real Scam traffic gigs.

Never going back to Fiverr again where it seems it is full off dishonest sellers and they shadow and tarnish the good ones that might be there. Fiver needs to do more to protect buyer and seller.

William

darranw
1/11/15

Scam. You pay for a gig, they seller delays, then offeres refund. If you take refund it is stuck in fiverr's system forever without ever a change to get it back. If you wait for the artwork, it is corrupted or crap. Complete scam to rip you off .50$ st a time.

johnw260
1/11/15

As a seller, I find it frustrating providing quality critiques and edits for immature buyers who get a good product and rate down because of their errors.They do no understand that they are getting a bargain plus quality from my gigs. I will not sell any products on Fiverr as of 2-2015. I am sick of doing all this work for 4 dollars. It's ridiculous.

larryd32
1/4/15

Poor service.No access to telephone or realtime interaction with customer service.
Attempts to pay are convoluted and result in double billing or incorrect (overcharge) billing.
Probably a scam.If not....the Bozo Brigade.

mevilb
12/29/14

Before Start work on Fiverr Think twise .

Hello Support Team,

THIS IS AN URGENT MATTER AND I WANT YOUR ATTENTION TO OUR PROBLEM THAT WE ARE FACING DUE TO YOUR UNPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOUR.I have submitted tickets for numerous time and that too for the same reason.WE ARE HERE FACING A SERIOUS & MAJOR ISSUE OF GIGS DEACTIVATION and WE NEED YOUR RESPONSE ASAP.i am astonished that your team is not helping out and had left us hanging in between by not responding to our tickets.IS THIS THE PROFESSIONAL WAY TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS?

If you arent aware of the reason then Let me again summarise it for you.I have been told that we are operating mass accounts from the same IP and thats why the gigs have been deactivated.COME ON!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?? Since 8 months,We are working as a freelancer on your portal from India,giving our 100% to become a Top Rated seller from level 1 and What you are doing now is FLUSHING THE WATER ON OUR HARD EARNED EFFORTS.If you dont know then We are using shared internet connection in our commercial complex where our office is based and Looking at your portals popularity,There must be various Fiverr accounts that are operated by different freelancers from our complex.We cannot check with each and every person working in our complex whether they are having Fiverr accounts or not. So do you think that it is the right way to check the authenticity of a person just from the IP address?? If your answer is YES then I highly recommend you to use some authentic procedure like requesting legal document(Driving license, voting card,etc) while opening any account and i am sure it will save you from blame of deactivating accounts just on the basis of IP address.Even you can use verification by video calling in the same manner like other portals are doing.I can show you legal documents for our account verification or you can video call me on Skype and confirm my identity.

By the way,Do you have any standard policies regarding the verification of person that is operating any particular account?? because i havent came across with any of such notification from your side at the time of opening my account and if it is not like that then i will make sure that you face a legal action from authorized entities to protect my customer rights.

You does not follow standard procedure for verification and YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS IN A UNPROFESSIONAL MANNER and that disappoints to me a huge extent and even WHAT I CANNOT DIGEST IS YOUR AUDACITY TO DEACTIVATE MY GIGS WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME, after all its my Fiverr profile.right? Dont i have the right to be notified prior to deactivation of my gigs?

But one thing is certain that You have done serious damage to my business and i cannot allow that.Though you not notified to me but i am notifying you that if i am not getting response from you guys within 48 hours and then i will have to take this matter into court.And I assure you that you will land yourself in a huge mess if my gigs are not activated within 24 hours.

I am also planning to switch my business to some other portal where customer is well served,NOTIFIED PRIORLY,having FINE SENSE OF VERIFYING CUSTOMERS.Also,i will not recommend your portal to any of my friends.I dont want to ruin my reputation among my friends by recommending portal who doesnt even care to respond to client's query.

I HOPE MY PROBLEMS GETS TO YOUR EARS and I GET A RESPONSE FROM YOUR SIDE,SUPPORT TEAM!!

daniellec24
12/20/14

I just tried this site for the first time. I did not understand some of the choices that I was given for the logo that I ordered, so I tried to keep my request as simple as possible. glottis1907, responded by telling me that I did not read his site accurately. So, he did not respond to my request, nor did he complete my order. As a FIRST TIME customer, I was disappointed because this is not what I expected, and did not receive my money back. I will not be using this site again, and will post a negative review on the internet as often as I possibly can.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT WORK WITH GLOTTIS1907 OR use FIVERR.com

lvw1
12/15/14

I DESPERATELY want to like FIVRR; theoretically, it would be a great way to try out graphic designers before you make a commitment on a bigger job.

First, I think it terrible that someone is forced to even think about making a product for the cost of latte in NY. Seller should open communication with buyers so that they can sell up. I gave very specific requests, neither of the 2 designers made the marks. Instead, they returned something they probably already had on-hand with the addition of a few revisions.

My sellers had great sense for the beginning of "customer service". One had fantastic counter-manner, however,

Seller #1: gave me a logo that "would be perfect for Affliction" (a feedback from a friend). He insisted that all logos would be done based only on his style. The sample logos were a lot more elegant; mine looked like a logo for a B-rated version of the Hunger Game.

Seller #2: I wanted a seal from this seller and had created the whole seal so that this seller didnt have to "think" too hard. He was easy-going, really courteous, but the seal came back nothing like I sent him. Our motto was incorrectly quoted, contained grammar errors, and our logo (within the seal he created) was replaced with something that looks like "double happiness".

Tip for consumers: DONT USE THIS SITE

jeremyr16
12/11/14

Found fiverr good, have order quite a few promotions for my website and fan page, give credit where it's due and jazzy7 gave me a great package. Have also had other great sellers such as mbrown and hitace44, overall pleased so far.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy likes, stick with really person promotions, likes will get you nowhere

peterj61
12/7/14

A Fiverr ad came across my facebook page and I found it interesting. I had a logo from something else and wanted the wording changed to my business name. Simple, right? Not with these Bozo's. I paid $50 to two different people, one in Pakistan, and one in Brazil. They were both told that I would be happy to pay them substantially more if the logo was to my liking. One came back completely wrong and half ass, then she said give her a few days but I never heard from her again. The one in Brazil never even did anything after being paid! No response, nothing, and even blocked me from direct contact!!
If this isn't a scam nothing is! I had to file paypal claims and did get my money refunded. The one star review is only because no stars may not be an option.
Words of caution: STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY!

rickis2
12/4/14

HORRIBLE- EXPERIENCE FOR THE FIRST TIME !!! THIS IS WHAT THE PERSON SAID TO ME NAMED JOHNNY WHO DOES IMPERSONATIONS - OBAMA- READ BELOW: I HAVE NEVER HAD A BUSINESS SPEAK SO UNPROFESSIONAL :
"Ricki, I'm sorry. I appreciate your fervor and sense of urgency, but I can't do anything for you now because you didn't follow the instructions and contact me before ordering, and allow me to quote you an accurate cost and the luxury of agreeing or disagreeing to do the work. This is not a $5 job, and the instructions were very conspicuous and clear, I'm not understanding at all why you bypassed them. I'm sorry, but please cancel the order. No work will be completed."

Tip for consumers: DONT GO THERE HORRIBLE IMPERSONATION PERSON NAMED JOHNNY!!

webmonkeyk
11/26/14

Hey guys, I don't think fiverr is a scam as I've used it without a problem, but it can be a little messy. I've been using fivesquid.com, which personally feels to me to be a much better and more trustworthy site. It's a British company that seems to tick all of the boxes for me. They seem to have just released a new version of fivesquid and I must say it looks pretty slick to me, so will be using it even more now.

lifeb
11/23/14

Fiverr is a huge lie,

itá s scamming site if you want to lose your money with time you can try it !

I'm talking with 5 month experience look this video and get an idea about this liers

Tip for consumers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuRDg0IbgKQ

guenters
11/16/14

I ordered 4 gigs with 4 different individuals. 3 for doing some research and one for an ebay seller site. Two researches' results were what I wanted. One researcher told me in all honesty that she did not have the expertise on that topic and refunded the money. Each of the researchers received 40$. The individual working on the ebay site was a tad on the expensive side (100$) but I got what I paid for and then some.

I have not a single bad experience and will continue to use them. This my experiences as a client. You can always find bad apples but here, fiverr comes in as mediator: If you don't like the work you should be able to get your money back since fiverr obviously (reading comments from sellers on this site) is on the buyer's side (whether fairly or not).

As a seller I cannot imagine to live off fiverr if you live in one of the high cost countries. But I can imagine that it may support you if the cost of living is low and a stream of 20$ gigs gets you somewhere. This is global trade for the little guys. Each partner wins because of the difference of cost of living of seller via buyer. I doubt that I would get what I received (quality- and quantity-wise) for the money invested locally (in the US). On the other side, I would not even consider going locally after some pricing research. I would not have progressed any further. So, I did not take someone here a job away, but added a source of income to someone who can make better use of my money.

All in all: so far I have had a very good experience as a client and will continue utilizing their service but am ready to find a bad apple or two amidst.

krishtij
11/11/14

never buy from this seller..

Horrible, terrible and It wasn't worth getting the work done.. Completely bull$#*! .

Trust me, he would make you mad with his conversation and messages before the work just to get you some more gigs..and when you get the work, you'll have to rework on it... This is a complete failure.

Tip for consumers: Don't go on the users credentials they are fake ... like him https://www.fiverr.com/sonumblr/do-assignments-related-to-marketing-sales-and-retail?context=advanced_search&context_type=rating&funnel=2014102419092452119780400

paulah14
11/3/14

I hadn't used Fiverr in a long time, but I really wanted something done for my birthday. I posted two gig requests, one very specifically stating what I wanted. I got nearly 30 replies from people who cannot or will do not what I wanted, and there is no option to deny, reject, or block. If I'm looking for male anime character fan art, in anime style, then frankly, I don't want realism, or watercolor, or shirt designs.

When I contacted help, the helper decided to tell me to post something else more specifically. They only allow you a 120 character limit, so I posted their wording. And got the exact same thing. The helper then decided to take up for them, saying that they are allowed to post on whatever it is that they feel like if it's an art category.

They don't care about buyers. They don't care if you can't get what you want because people don't want to work with you. They don't care if you get upset because in all over 40 people posted whatever they felt like posting and nothing had anything to do with your request.

Tip for consumers: If you're looking for art commissions, look somewhere else. Deviantart is just as bad, so I don't know where else to recommend. If you're a buyer, read the requests people make, and don't just post your gig if it has nothing to do with what people request.

miaf6
11/2/14

Customer care is very poor. They will never support/respond you. Lot of fake buyers. Payment is not safe. Work for the buyer if you are lucky you will get the pay, no guarantee. The surprising thing is you have to wait 15-20 days after delivering the work to get the pay of $$..how funny...Fever won't do anything to recover if you lose the pay. They will only sit and watch. Never use this site. -5 star rating.

Tip for consumers: Work on your own risk and you have lot of time to waste.

lindam118
10/31/14

Used Fiverr on two occasions to get blogs written. First was an ok result however the site double charged. The agreed fee was $10 and the charge appeared twice on my credit card statement. On querying it, they have given a credit for $5. That's theft - short by $5 and I want a refund, not credit! Second experience wasted $50 - poor quality output and delivered late. At least the supplier agreed to rebate the fee, though once again, this was processed as a credit not a refund. What a scam!

Tip for consumers: Proceed with caution. Be prepared to do your dough and consider it a bonus if you get a decent result. Highly rated suppliers are usually overloaded with work.

nicks74
10/30/14

I knew Fiverr was not right after using it for 1 year. I was selling a service, "holding a sign". The unscrupuous buyer bought my gig extra and the total gig was $25. I spent about two hours of my personal time preparing for this gig delivery and delivered the pictures before due date. Three days later, I've noticed Fiverr cancelled this order and deducted $25 out of my balance, assuming refunding back to buyer. When attempted to contact buyer myself, his account was suddenly "not valid" I did some research and looked up this buyer and noticed on his instagram, he had used my three pictures I had delivered to him (me holding a sign with his instagram hashtag). I wrote to Fiverr to specifically explained to them that this buyer used a fake account on Fiverr and scammed me and that I wasn't working for free. I even sent Fiverr the three links to the post on this guy's instagram account of the three pictures he was using from me. Fiverr wrote back and said that they were going to investigate the matter and look into this this. Three days later, Fiverr got back and told me that they don't offer any refunds without saying anything else. HOW CAN THEY NOT OFFER ME A REFUND IF THIS WAS THEIR OWN FAULT??? I WORKED FOR THIS DOUCEBAG FOR FREE AND FIVERR IS NOT TAKING THE RESPONSIBILITY THAT IT SHOULD AND PAY ME BACK MY MONEY THAT THEY TOOK FROM ME. I"m so disgusted by them, I do agree with you, FIVERR IS A BUNCH OF $#*!ING CROOKS!!!

Tip for consumers: STAY THE AWAY FROM THIS SITE

kevins83
10/23/14

Used fiverr for logos...AWESOME EXPERIENCE!! Returned 8 logos on time and made adjustments within a day or two. No problems with payments or the designer. The designer was nicholas_designer...I'm about to use him agan

Tip for consumers: do your homework and look at he comments posted by users before purchasing. Also, use the web to look up there work.

kennethg14
10/18/14

As a seller, it really is a useless site. I have come to realize that. I have to mail stuff, so I get buyers cancelling before it arrives. So they get their stuff for free, nothing I can do about it. Plus, I get low reviews for no reason other than people feel like it. Worst of all Fiverr takes 20% off the top, and PayPal takes a cut on deposit. So, they ought to call it 4ver.com, or 3.92ver.com. Seriously, you would be better off watching porn than spending the time listing your gigs here.

Tip for consumers: Just don't waste your time. As an insult to injury, you may like getting a Fiverr debit card, backed by Payoneer saying that it works like a real bank account with a routing number and account number! Then see how many depositors are not on their "white list." Like your other bank for example.

katieb21
10/15/14

I've bought and sold on Fiverr for the last 3 years and find it very reliable. It is so much easier to use than any other freelance site I can find, and a lot less expensive on both sides! There are a few minor bugs and of course there is always someone trying to scam someone else (EVERY website has this, people!) but I've learned to work with the flow and enjoy the extra income and the extremely cheap business and personal services!

Tip for consumers: DO YOUR RESEARCH! Don't just order from any little Joe or Jane, look at their ratings, feedback, samples, response time, grammar, and spelling to judge the seller.

DON'T OFFER SCAMS! If you are trying to make fast money online, do it with your own skills and abilities, not with some software to make some quick bucks and not actually delivering anything valuable!

joec84
10/13/14

Customer support is non-existent and there is no protection for sellers from scam-buyers looking to get stuff for next to no cost. I received a negative review after delivering a job that took almost 8 hours to complete for a measley $4 bucks, and no way of protecting myself from their abuse. What boggles my mind is that the folks at fiverr don't offer any security for sellers at all -how is it ethical practice when you send a finished job to a customer and ask if they need anything else, then they respond with a 1 star rating?

I feel like I'm getting screwed in the worst way and i'm really disappointed.

Tip for consumers: Sellers beware of people wanting free services and have no problem screw ing you to get it.

tessan
10/12/14

I reviewed lots of portfolios and settled on one where every logo looked really sharp and unique. I paid for just the $5 logo thinking if I was happy I would use this designer again.

Well, I was given a 10 day wait and the order went 11 days. On the 12th day I got the logo along with an additional HD file for having to wait the extra day but it was useless.

My site is about budget family travel. I gave a very detailed explanation of what I needed and my site url for reference. I assumed the designer would visit the site and get a feel for what it needed.

Instead, I got a logo in a very patriotic color scheme that looked very much like it was supposed to resemble a mother giving birth. Basically a large "C" shape, open side down, with a circle on top (moms head). Then another of the same shape, only smaller, flipped around and placed inside the "arms" of the mom. Everyone I asked to look at it said it made them think of a woman giving birth to a baby head first.

My tag line also includes the letter "g" in it but the bottom of the G was cut off. So it looked like a really glaring mistake, or a rush job.

Supposedly, I get a revision so I wrote back and explained why I can't use this logo. That was three days ago and I've yet to get a reply. Glad it was only $5 I lost.

Tip for consumers: I'm guessing the stuff they show in the portfolios, if it's legit, is all stuff that costs way more than just $5. I should have known for $5 I wasn't going to get much better than I could do myself on PicMonkey.

So if you're trying Fiverr for the first time with the $5 deal be aware it's a shot in the dark.

thomasp35
10/9/14

Horrible site. I lost 20 bucks and a bunch of time trying to get them to work. Complete ripoff. I would give it a negative 5 if I could. Buyer beware.

mattw39
10/9/14

I paid $55 for a logo and artwork. I was sent one draft which was terrible. The artist, through broken English, told me it was "my fault." I simply asked for a refund, which he refused. I contacted Fiverr support, and went back and forth with them a dozen times -- all they will do is "ask seller for a refund" and ask you to jump through hoops, but never actually deliver. I was never delivered anything beyond a mock-up (not the PSD files I pad for) -- yet they wouldn't refund anything. I eventually contested the charge with Paypal, who thankfully refunded it. I ended up paying a local graphic artist a higher rate, and was THRILLED to. $5 is too much for the junk on that site, let alone $55. Terrible stressful experience. Avoid like the plague.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use it. Find a graphic artist another way, and pay them what they deserve.

patriciar35
9/27/14

I HAVE NEVER LEFT A WEB SITE PAYING LESS THAN I WANTED TO PAY.

Fiverr wants to look impressive, and sound impressive and get THEIR money.

If Fiverr got the tips, they would set things up in a simple, straightforward way - the way absolutely every business sets up the page where you send in your money.

lecyv
9/25/14

NOTHING TO RATE. I place a Logo Order, and they suppose to get back to me in four days, what happened, the guy send me email and said, he is doing software update that's why he couldn't finish. He canceled my order when I reply him, for not reason. And now nobody is in charge of this, send many emails and just automatic transmission with a F. ticket number but nothing serious. THIS IS SCAM.

Tip for consumers: www. fiverr.com IS SCAM

robbr1
9/21/14

Good experience with the musician, bad experience with the company and PayPal for a particular payment arrangement with the site.

Hours after paying with PayPal (PP) for the initial fee, I had to add a few dollars for an extra service I wanted and clicked a new button on the musician's page. Rather than being directed to PP and having to login to confirm the payment and source of funds, the Fiverr page told me that the funds were successfully transferred. That was the first time a PP payment went through without me logging in and confirming and I didn't even know that was possible. The Fiverr page didn't say anything about it upfront.

The problem is that the PP funds were taken from a bank account that had less than the payment amount so the bank charged me a $35 NSF fee. I brought this to the attention of both Fiverr and PP and it took a few emails and finally PP paid me $25. Yes, a multibillion dollar company couldn't bring itself to a full resolution for an 11-year client. I then told Fiverr that they could be off the hook for only $10 and they refused.

Tip for consumers: If using PayPal, double-check beforehand what your preferred payment method is and make sure it has enough funds.

iand20
9/19/14

As a freelancer on the site, I can't recommend it. Infact I honest suggest you avoid this site like the plague.

They have THE WORST customer service ever and as you know, if you're trying to conduct a business you need proper customer service. Fiverr have perhaps 3-4 staff working on support (and this is for a site that supposedly has hundreds of thousands of transactions every day).

As a level 2 (which you attain after completing 50 orders) you are meant to get Priority Support. You don't. This is an outright lie.

You get the same support as when you first start on the site - That is, you're lucky to get a response within 4-5 days. When they do respond, it's often canned answers.

They refund buyers without consulting with the seller or even reviewing the cases properly thus offering ZERO protection for freelancers on the site.

So all that hard work you do and then get paid for? A few days, week, month or even 6 months later...The payment you received can be returned to the buyer no questions asked leaving you out of pocket.

When making modifications to your gigs - I added a header graphic to one of my gigs (they keep telling you do to it as they claim it improves conversions). It took TEN DAYS for them to approve the graphic! TEN DAYS.

Moral of the story is this - You get peanuts for the work you do and even those peanuts can be taken from you without question. You won't get support, you're on your own and at the mercy of the buyers.

Try proper freelancing websites then support the Freelancers as priority.

Tip for consumers: Avoid it. Simple as that.

bcc2
9/4/14

Fiverr.com is loaded with scammers who claim abilities that are often far beyond their true capabilities. Once you've paid $5 -- and often more -- you cannot obtain a refund. The website simply refers you back to the seller when there's a problem.

Tip for consumers: Stay away unless you know for certain the quality of work you'll be getting.

dannig1
8/31/14

I've been burned by them 2x. Once 2 years ago and I had a credit I was never able to redeem because restricted my account. I made anew one and the service I bought never came through. you don't get a refund either, they keep your money and give you a credit. I if you DO use them absolutely use paypal to protect yourself. They will fight it for you.

WHAT A RIPOFF

- There's no way to contact them by phone
- Their customer service sucks and they never get anything resolved

Tip for consumers: Just dont, if so use Paypal.

saraw24
8/28/14

I have done work and never received payment. Sometimes people request work that goes beyond what you have clearly stated you would do for $5.

frid10
8/18/14

Never use alliemadison12. She is terrible. Seriously don't waste your money. She basically killed fiver for me and I have used it a bunch.

Tip for consumers: Never order from alliemadison12

lisam111
8/11/14

I love fiverr.com.

Are you looking for writing help? Editing, proofing, help? Do you need a snappy, creative, funny, personal ecard? This is what I use this site for. You can even get one of the actors on this site to call and pretend they are Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy to surprise (and freak out) your kids.

This site has song writers, artists, story writers, editing/proofing help, you name it. There are just too many categories to list. Check it out!

deepakk9
8/5/14

FIVER IS VERY Worse website.

This website is earning from SELLER SELLS.. But they are treating like beggar.

ALL SELLER MUST BE COMPLAIN ON WORLD CONSUMER FORUM.

Fiverr Must be banned.

mobyd3
8/5/14

I have been ordering gigs on Fiverr for almost a year, it is a hit and miss on quality etc, there is NO quality control on this site, I am a developer and I see multiple illegal gigs every time I visit, I went back and forth asking for a refund off a seller in the required time frame where they were saying nothing and submitting resolved messages, the whole time thinking Fiverr would step in, no way, I had to make a formal request for someone to act as a third party and get my refund, even then it took 2 weeks - the resolution center is back to the seller - not to fiverr. - these guys may end up being the next Kim Dot Com regarding the illegal activity that is openly being allowed on the site where the FEDs step in.

Sellers, what they do to stop you submitting poor reviews will either bribe you with "extras" --- "crap extras that may look appealing" or screw you over, most sellers bribe you BUT..... I have also had a couple of gigs where I gave an "Honest" review (3-4 stars) and since it was not 5 stars they changed all of their reviews (the gigs were for reviews) to 1 star and screwed us over

Don't get me wrong, there ARE some great gigs on Fiverr from some "Honest" people, but there is a large-larger presence of "SMOKE IN MIRRORS" 1 star gigs that have 5 stars.

nfms
7/27/14

I have had some great projects delivered by Fiverr. I also helped an artist get to his next level financially by rehiring him for multiple gigs.

miriaml6
7/20/14

Fiverr is a joke, a complete waste of time. I wanted to get something done there, created my own gig, and got about 15 sellers offers. These sellers were barely literate, spoke horrible English, did not understand what to do, and were unable to follow basic instructions. After reading the reviews from former sellers here, I can understand, that no reasonable seller is going to work with Fiverr on a long term basis. The website itself is very user unfriendly and customer support non existent. I would advise everyone to stay away from it. Also stay away from someone named Tom Jandula. He sells expensive online courses claiming he is an expert in outsourcing, and then he recommends using Fiverr :-)))

sageo
7/10/14

They seem be favor their FEATURED providers as they do their best to shelter them from negative feedback. Horrible customer service by the way.

michellem48
7/4/14

I created a gig on this site. They blacklisted me without notification. After that, they sent me an e-mail about not delivering an assignment on time. How was I suppose to complete the assignment if my account was deactivated?

ciellc
6/29/14

As a freelancer myself: HORRIBLE, STAY AWAY FROM IT!.
If you are a proffesional and have been working as a freelancer in other webs or with agencies you will find this place as ridiculous as I did.

Lets get started with the only Pro:
- (Some) Friendly Buyers with nice ideas. Period.

Now the Cons:

- 20% commission, you paid dear not the buyer. Pretty high for $5 huh?.

- Fiverr works by levels:
* 0 - You can only work per 5
* 1 - $5, $10 and $20 are allowed
* 2 - $5, $10, $20 and $40 are allowed
Top rated seller - Fiverr choose you. In order to be picked you must be a good boy okay? Oh, and did I meantion you MUST overdeliver and make free revision to be choosen? Yes, and all for $4.

- Silliest rules you've ever read:
* No portfolio url, only web allowed is Flickr. If you post any other portfolio prepare to lose all of your levels and perks, oh, if you are new forget about leveling up soon.

* Skype, mail, message, contact, etcare bad words. You get a red warning for writing it.

* Vacation time for your account only for 28 days per year (Yes! As if you were actually working on a real job!)

* Any mistake, even post an innocent url means get your levels removed and the tags from your gigs, also your gigs do not appear on front page. Fiverr support does nothing about it.

* 5 star rating system for a $4 USD work. I mean, really?

* Paypal buyers can pay and ask paypal to refund. Yes! FIVERR HAS NOT GUARANTEED PAYMENT FOR FREELANCERS!. Support does nothing about it.

* If you need to 'suspend' your gig for any reason you must acknowledge that doing means for it to lose ranking on the search engine, even if it's the best out there.

* You cannot choose with who you want to work with, people purchase your product and if they ask apples for a gig that sales watermelons, guess what happens? YOU ,as a seller, lose perks, cannot level up in the near future and get bad rating. Just what you read.
I may be probably missing lots of things, but that is my experience on Fiverr, month and half, 77 sales, 100% positive review still level 0 for posting a link to my behance portfolio. As I said on the beggining of the review. STAY AWAY from it, unless you want to stress out and work extremely hard, with hard rules only for $4.
Defintly, NOT FOR REAL PROFFESIONALS.

victoro9
6/27/14

I've ordered from a few different vendors and was very happy with the results. However, the Fiverr website and customer service absolutely suck. The site is not user-friendly at all. To me , that's a sign of a company that doesn't give a s__t about their customers. There are little to no proper directions on basic ordering and other basic functions. Don't even think about 'customer service' - they really discourage it. After several frustrating attempts to send $$ to a vendor, I decided to check out reviews. Needless to say, Fiverr got bashed by MOST reviewers for similar reasons. So, carefully choose your vendors and you should be happy. But don't expect much from Fiverr themselves.

rajp5
6/21/14

AM taking Fiverr on to the regulatory bodies and would like help from you all. I need the following information. Business ID number and where its registered.

thomasw41
6/18/14

Zero stars for this scam website (I had to put one but they shouldn't get any. I ordered a service for $5. They sent an email telling me to create an account and then login. That never worked. I couldn't log in. I sent a bunch of emails. They never replied. They don't have any customer service number. I now escalated the claim via paypal to dispute the claim.

Unbelievable. Stay far far away

vyasv
6/16/14

The support is horrible. Whatever money you earn by doing projects for others, these guys are swallowing. They have very irresponsible support, they don't respond to the queries. They cheat by holding the earnings by the freelancers. They release the earnings for sometime and after the guys accumulate good earnings, they will not release it. They keep it for themselves.

michaelb34
6/6/14

I'm surprised to find all of the one star reviews for fiverr.com. I guess the experience can vary greatly depending on who you choose to use on the site.

I've been fortunate to have very good experiences with the majority of gigs I have purchased on Fiverr. Since SiteJabber is for reviewing the SITE, I definitely have to give fiverr five stars. I think it's an awesome idea, and fiverr has gone a great job of organizing their interface and feedback system. It allows you to quickly find someone offering their services and see what kind of experiences others have had with them.

I just referred my brother to them a few days ago and he has been very happy with his first experience with them. It just so happens that he was over by my house today and brought it up in our conversation. He had an excel program he wanted created in connection with his business and he was very happy with someone he used on fiverr to create it. He is familiar with creating excel macros, etc. (as am I), but it's so much better to have someone do it who does it day in and day out and is able to do it much more efficiently than he or I could.

alfonsos16
6/3/14

Have been using fiverr periodicaly both as a buyer and as a seller.
I have mixed experience. I recommend to do your homework before buying any gigs.

As for support, I had to contact them only once, and it took them four days to reply.

josephl37
5/28/14

I spent $45 to get an upgraded service. The seller sent me a gorgeous picture of my new custom business cards. 1 month later the actual cards show up and the are complete junk. I could have made better cards on my home computer. It is almost impossible to get any help from customer service. In the end neither fiverr or the seller would refund my money. Complete scam!

jh181
5/16/14

It is virtually impossible to contact support if (and when) you have a problem with a seller, and from I can tell a seller can then block you from contacting them, once you realise they are not delivering what you have paid for. May only be $5 bucks, but its a total waste of $5!!! You are left with the fiverr website that goes around in "contact us circles" and nothing else…. total waste of money.