US Government's NSF

55 Washington St., 5th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Tel: +1.7188557955
press@etsy.com

People interested in Etsy are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

niconal

We have loved everything we've ordered and received great customer service from all sellers on this site. (in 57 reviews)

athenae

(so no seller can steal your money without a punishment, and so no one does.)
(in 222 reviews)

norap7

There is NO phone number or CSR behind ETSY, just an automated email that everyone gets if a complaint is sent. (in 18 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

eliasf14
8/27/15

We were working more than a year with etsy and build up a solid reputation with many returning customers and 5 star reviews. From one night to another they shut down the whole shop with many thousands of hours put into and of course a lot of passion. They said that a customer did not recieve an order. I sent the item tracked and signed and provided all papers and prove to them. They did not respond to any of my mails and letters not once. Instead they charged my credit card that I used for buying items at etsy as a customer - not a shop owner - WITHOUT ANY GIVEN PERMISSION! I reported them to the fraud department of the credit card company and they did not even respond to them. Etsy is criminal and does not care for anybody - STAY away before they steal your money!

Tip for consumers: Never open a shop at etsy, never !!!!

garys94
8/27/15

I ordered a plate frame on a Sunday and asked for a rushed delivery. On Monday I was sent email confirmation my order was shipped and I received it on Thursday today. Much thanks to Etsy and their excellent service and delivery.

michew
8/26/15

My Etsy shop was closed after a week because I was reselling items. I chose Etsy because most of the shoppers are women and I sell beauty products. It was actually doing very well in I made $150 in a week. Nonetheless after I received the email I understood I violated the guidelines. This is my complaint....when they shut you down they still expect you to fulfill orders but the snatch everything from you. I could not print out receipts for the customer or my file, and I was happy I had extra money so I could ship the items out. Everything is literally gone so you better back up as you go. I think maybe they should look into blocking store sells but still allowing you to finish orders like normal. Also I'm actually happy it was closed after reading so many awful reviews about fake feedback. I just received a 1 star and granted my shop is closed but still I don't want an unhappy customer. So I went to review the order and he stated the item ripped. The best part about that feedback was the item hasn't even been delivered yet. I smell a scam about to happen and I'm just waiting for that refund email. I have already screenshot the feedback and USPS tracking. At least with places like Ebay you can't leave feedback until after the estimated delivery date. First off the item hasn't been delivered and the item will be delivered 4 days before estimated. I don't know Etsy just seems a little shady and honestly I'd recommend people going elsewhere.

sergeyd6
8/26/15

Hi! How do I make money on Etsy?
Or on this site is not possible to earn?
Maybe someone needs a web designer, I'll be glad to work for you!
My contacts for quick connection:
skype: maymay.ru

kellyl59
8/24/15

I had several RL issues hit me at once, which resulted in less than 10% of my Etsy orders being shipped late. Etsy said that since I had such a good record previously, they would put me on probation for 30 days to give me a chance to turn things around. During that time, they would hold all money I made, and it would be released upon successful completion of probation. I was encouraged to complete as many new transactions as possible because the more positive reviews I had, the better my numbers would be. Within the probation period, I resolved all the complaints against me, and completed over 200 new transactions without complaints. I earned pages and pages of 5 star reviews. Etsy then informed me that I had failed probation (?) and that they will hold my money for SIX MONTHS because someone else might file a complaint against me in the future. All of my items are shipped. Most have already received excellent feedback. There is absolutely no justification for them to hold my money. And by the way, they reminded me that my bill is due the first of next month. Etsy's website states that I can request a committee review of my suspension. I did so, but was informed that there would be no review and the agent's decision was final. Etsy obviously never had any intention of working with me and the whole probation period was nothing but their way of making as much money as possible off me before leaving me high and dry.

mickyt2
8/22/15

Please be aware of all the increased and inflated fees that sellers are charged with. This is a handmade website and most is just imported crap from china, india and other places. Etsy only supports their own kind... and etsy will mute certain shops...you also know that you do this!!!!

Recently etsy sales have gone down in recent stock market reportings...they are having a difficult time because of the way they treat sellers and the way that they conduct business overall.

Dont worry all the sneaky tactics you do to make money will come to light!

odalim
8/19/15

I was sold a counterfeit bracelet and collegeprojewelry will not refund me. I should have been smarter knowing the price was too good to be true but their reviews were good and are now finally showing this companies true colors. I know for a fact the bracelet was fake because I own an original and this one is so cheap and obvious its fake. You can see all over the internet that this guy is a scam artist selling stolen and counterfeit goods. Avoid.

ellat5
8/19/15

I ordered a wig from Luffy wigs off esty website it was a nightmare the hair was firzzey matted how you in good faith send this to anyone the cost to send the wig back cost 66.00 and it was their mistake Lord help them how could you treat anyone this way no more China wigs

melyj1
8/19/15

I've been using etsy for years. I've purchased hand made items, crystals, vintage jewelry. I've never had a problem with the sellers, and I've always received my items as promised. I've never had to use customer service. Over all I really like etsy.

bunnyb2
8/15/15

I have my own store on this website and thus far it has been a fun way to sell my works and connect with talented people. I have ordered from a couple of different shops and was happy with my items. If you are looking to buy unique, interesting items, Etsy is the way to go. However, buyers need to remember to read the reviews on shops, read their policies, and always message the seller about anything they aren't sure about. If you buy from a bad seller it's not Etsy's fault. They can settle disputes but most of the communication is between the buyer and seller. Shop smart!

alisona8
8/14/15

Loved the handcrafted fish medley and handcrafted fish decoration and delightful robot card. Fish medley is a unique feature in my cloakroom and the fish decoration in shades of purple is amazing in my guest room. Will definitely buy more pieces for gifts and the decoupage mirror is something I am seriously considering buying. The cards are excellent value and again will buy more cards from SpottySeal.
Alison

clarencem15
8/14/15

I needed dentures and had heard about flexible ones. I had heard flex dentures were very expensive. Then I came across ETSY . Problem solved!! I ordered the custom kit and it came on time. I followed the Instructions and in a few days I was smiling like I hadn't in a long time.
Russell klein from the denturestore was great!!! answered all my questions, respond timely and did superb work

janb47
8/13/15

I buy and sell on several sites and this is the worst transaction I have ever experienced. Etsy shop BestSellerSupplies took my money for an item I purchased and then the next day sent me an email that read the shop is on vacation. To make a long story short, I never received the item, never got a refund, shop owner won't communicate, sends me automated "on vacation" emails. Etsy is of no help, and pulled the "review" block so I won't leave a negative review. I have filed a claim with Paypal, but as for Etsy....JOKE!

anonymousp10
8/12/15

I bought an oil painting from Rossana Kelton at Kelton Contemporary Fine Art and I received a beautiful 18 x 24 oil painting with excellent customer service. I will buy from her again.

angelac51
8/12/15

I had an Etsy account and had product on thier site, the product I used where bought from two different sites, about 4 months after I had my shop I started getting rapid emails from people giving me bad reviews for no reason, Etsy shut me down based on bad reviews and shortly after I saw two sites that were carrying my goods. They used my product to sell after cancelling my shop.
DO NO USE ETSY BEWARE

beccae1
8/10/15

i am having the same issue as others with the sketchy collegeprojewelry seller. i bought several charms and there is no way they are real. they look like horrible knock offs and the color on them turns green. they say no plastic, LIE. they say sterling silver, LIE. they say they are real, LIE. tried to contact chris moshinskie and got no response. my sister wants me to return them but i cant get a response

peggyd7
8/10/15

Wonderful product, great paper quality, VERY CUTE designs. I purchased two card packs for my grandchildren, one boy and one girl design. I was impressed by the immediate attention given to my order by Colleen. She sent proofs and as soon as I responded they were printed and shipped! Great service Colleen! I will definitely recommend this site to my family and friends.

jacquelineh14
8/10/15

My purchased item was mailed from Hoboken, NJ. Just had 6 fraudalent purchases made on my credit card all from Hoboken, NJ. Hmmmmm.....just sayin'....be careful! I won't be buying from this site again!

cynthiaw19
8/8/15

Purchased an item, it was never shipped, passed the deadline to file a dispute by one day, spent an hour trying to figure all this out. Will avoid etsy from now on. Ebay and Amazon don't rip you off. Can't even leave a review about the seller ripping me off.

juliej26
8/8/15

WORSE WEBSITE EVER. THE WEBSITE IS A FREAKING JOKE. SHOULD BE CALLED 'COME HAND US YOUR MONEY'.... NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I BUY SOMETHING OFF OF HERE. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO AMAZON

jeanh33
8/7/15

I just received a cross stitched baby quilt from Anita Selph - StitchingbyHeart and it is beautiful. I wanted to make a quilt for my first grandchild as my mother did for my son but was overwhelmed with the work and skill that was involved. I ordered a kit for the quilt and a bib to practice on. It took me a week to complete the simple bib so needless to say I returned the quilt kit.

I went on Etsy to see if anyone made these and sold them. That is how I found Anita. What a great lady! She emailed me and got it shipped the next day. It was delivered in 3 days and I am beyond thrilled. I know how much work is involved first had and feel the price was a bargain.

Great lady!!!! Great product!!!!

as1950
8/1/15

In mid-June I have purchased a handmade pillow from Etsy shop BlanketsByNaomi. The shop didn't state any specific shipping policies listed so I assumed it would take maybe a couple of days to ship it. Turned out that with Etsy, you can't assume. The seller lied to Etsy by stating that the pillow was shipped on the 7th of July. According to the USPS website, it was shipped a week later. I finally received said pillow ONE MONTH after having paid for it.

The pillow has finally arrived, in a grease-stained box. It wasn't even wrapped or enclosed in a plastic bag, none of the above. The workmanship was of a poor quality. Imagine a white-and-pink fabric sewn with a dark thread, done by hand. The dark thread was popping out all over. On one side, the pillow was sewn to close, again by hand and with the same thread, from the outside. The filling was uneven that contributed to the odd shape of the product. It looked horrible.

In retrospect, I remembered that the listing had only one picture displayed; the description stated 'handmade'. At the time of purchase I assumed that a sewing machine and a matching thread would be used in the pillow production. Nothing can be further from the truth. The picture posted in the listing was obviously not of the actual pillow that I finally received.

I went back to the listing and read the seller's Return Policy. It stated something about exchange within 7 days. Why in the world would the seller think that I wanted yet another sloppy product? After this pillow experience, I don't want anything from this shop. I want my money back.

The seller didn't cooperate so I had no other choice as to reluctantly escalate my disappointment. I filed a Not As Described case on Etsy site that has gotten me precisely nowhere. The case was decided in my favor yet no money in sight. Then I filed same with PayPal, with the same effect. Only when I filed a chargeback with the credit card I paid for said pillow, I did receive my money back.

FYI: should you have a bad experience with an Etsy seller, you can simultaneously file a case, leave a negative feedback aka review, and file a chargeback. Yes to all of the above, done consecutively.

My opinion: I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM ETSY.

Tip for consumers: If you received an item that's either of a poor quality or else not as advertised, first contact the seller and do this only ONCE. If the seller doesn't cooperate, file a case Item Not As Described with Etsy website. However don't expect any miracles here, so your next step is to file a case with PayPal if this is what you used. Give them one day, and then file a chargeback with your credit card. State the reason you were dissatisfied with the item and that you subsequently returned it, and

chelseas15
7/31/15

Chris Moshinskie of collegeprojewelry sold me and my friend fake pandora bracelets. I should have known better after looking him up he was arrested 5+ times for stealing merchandise from stores and selling it online. Also saw that there is a lawsuit against him for selling counterfeit dvds to 100s of people on ebay.

jordand21
7/28/15

Etsy is very poor site! They dont safe byer and seller too! If you have a peoblem like byer and inform them they can not do nothing!!!
If you are seller they want all information about your handmade process and after 2-3 years just suspend your account and dont ask you why.. Then you will see the same shop like yours but from other person.... Very very Bad!!
Stay a way from that poor site!!!

cync13
7/27/15

I have purchased numerous items from great sellers on etsy. They now seem to allow sellers who do not stand by their products, and because these sellers say no refunds, these sellers will sell defective items. Etsy will respond with a "Oh Well" attitude, that's your problem not ours. I purchased a pair of cuff earrings from a shop called Shut Up and Cuff Me. The cuffs were wired so tight they could not be adjusted and no matter how hard I tried they would not go on my ear, cost $50, Seller stated no refund unless defective, basically seller called me a liar and would not even take the earrings back, even though it stated she would remake if she had to. Etsy responded with their "Oh Well" attitude. Unprofessional business practice, in other words "Greed".

farinat
7/27/15

This is by far the WORST website I have ever used! DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!! I ordered party decorations from this website and paid $128. When trying to contact the seller to get a ETA on the order, I received an error message that they are not a valid user on etsy!!!. I tried emailing the seller from my personal email account with no response. Their website sends you around in circles trying to find a contact email or phone number for etsy for some resolution to this. Because I ordered a 3 months before the party, I thought I had ordered in plenty of time, not realzing I am now out $128, have no decorations and no response from the company, Can't even be able to left a review!!. ETSY just close stores, like if they were changing undies. Thank goodness I paid through Paypal and they actually CARE about their customers satisfaction unlike etsy. Most worthless site ever!

cathyl30
7/22/15

I purchased many items from various Etsy shops from Handmade to Vintage such as supplies, jewelry, home decor and clothing and was very pleased with everything. It's a one stop shopping place where I don't have to look further with the most reasonable prices on the web. I love that each shop has their own unique style! I definitely recommend to check out the shops on Etsy!

michelleb99
7/20/15

I have made 3 purchases from sellers and never had any issues. One time an item did not arrive, which was probably the mail's fault to be honest, and the seller sent a new one with a couple of free items to make up for it. Such a nice lady. I love supporting the arts, but often want something specific when there's no craft fair going on, so this site combines the ease of online ordering with handmade and local. Love it!

sallym26
7/17/15

I ordered a Christmas ornament for a 50th wedding anniversary. Patty and I exchanged a ton of emails to get it right. She was wonderfully patient and went out of her way to get it to me on time. I was so impressed. The ornament is lovely and cost the same as a non custom made design.

jimn31
7/17/15

Etsy will allow anyone to sell anything as long as they get their dime.jeanna.etsy.com and just being fabulous are examples.I can only surmise that nothing sold on Etsy can be trusted.

saynar
7/17/15

Customer service is not responsible at all,actually if it exists ! spam items when your are browsing due to irrelevant tags ... waste of time!

giovannym
7/13/15

Ideal to buy handicrafts such as necklaces, earrings, bracelets handmade direct communication with the artisans, reasonable prices, distributed to several countries.
I bought and the quality of materials is good, I will continue buying from etsy.

gloriat9
7/9/15

I'm seriously addicted to this site ! A world of everything at your hand !

toria7
7/3/15

Etsy's team will most likely never reply to you. Before they check to see if the item is actually copyrighted they will close your shop. They have so sense that they are wrong, and you can't reason with them. Never will I buy, or sell on Etsy again.

phylliss10
7/2/15

I had a problem with earrings. Could not find the resource on the Etsy site. They have a web site that does not work for getting help. I will not buy from them again. I feel sorry for the shop owners as there is no one to speak with unless you have the phone no and shop name. BE CAREFUL

karenh77
7/2/15

Just wanted you to know that I have had 8 transactions through you and all but one was beautifully handled and the items were lovely, well made and distinguished. Thank you for being there

sarahs159
6/26/15

Recentely I purchased a hand made doll crafted by artist, Gioconda Pieracci. The purchase came through Esty, and the transaction was very easy. Gioconda couldn't have been a nicer lady, and appreciated my purchase, and my admiration of her artistry. My little doll is beautiful. She is the queen with the Lamb. This doll is so special and lovely in her appearance, that I plan on purchasing another as soon as I can. Hopefully the bride. Sarah Stone.

danielley2
6/18/15

Etsy is a fraud and shut down my shop buyers are scammers etsy I reported you already for this I will also be getting my lawyer since your trying to take money out of my bank account

triciav1
6/16/15

Etsy is now full of copyrighted products,including Banksy designs. Its full of mass produced ítems that sellers claim as their own hand made ítems. Also Etsy were supposed to have banned animal skulls and rabbits hearts livers paws etc the site is full of these ítems. Shame on you Etsy youve basically sold out.

judyw13
6/11/15

My etsy shop is suspended even though I am updated with my payments and they wont tell me why? I can not get in touch with any one from etsy they have no contact information and I have sent emails with no response. My etsy shop is attached to my website so it looks very unprofessional and I have a fashion show coming up and I promote all my sales through my etsy shop

daricec
6/9/15

What an unprofessional company!!! This is a company that doesn't understand its own policies. My shop, called shopMutiara was closed down ruthlessly and without notice. As a result I was unable to access any of my accounts, finances, emails, data, nothing. They closed my account because they say we were reselling rugs. They didn't like that we resold products, even though they are handmade. However, when you look on the Etsy site, the vast majority of busness' listed there as sellers are also reselling merchandise. For example: 'Techsew' sells sewing machines and thread; 'Leatherhome' sells coloured leather goods, 'Ilovebigbuttons' from China sells buttons (I am sure they don't actually make those buttons!), 'CRumpffCollectables' sells iron, factory made products; Bagmakersupply sells items not even handmade, which is another one of Etsy policies, that items must be handmade.

What a mess!!! They close my shop down for not following policy, yet their site is full of selles not following their supposed 'policies' .

Don't ever buy or sell on ETSY!!! If you are a buyer, worst yet is that they will not help you if you ever have a problem with one of the sellers. They closed out one of my clients, when they closed my shop and left them hanging, with no support.

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE TERRIBLE company to work with.

Owner Darice
Mutiara

behzadg
6/7/15

Well , How you guys doing with our money losers? How long I have to wait to get my money? I know you are laughing Because we are a loser .
SHAME of you Etsy , You made money for months from my business. Thousands and Thousands $. You closed my business with no reason. What I did wrong ? why you don't answer my email ? My Questions? Persian carpet are hand made idiot!!.My seven back generation knotting Carpets . Isn't your policy we have to sell hand made items .Why you didnt stop me first day when I was registering? Why you approved my items? Why you were cashing my money if it was wrong business? ? why after 6 Months ?Shame of you SHAME SHAME> How about those are selling Sex toys? Or Sewing machine and Thread ? They are all over your site , So where is your policy ? why not working ? That"s why I call you Thieves. You be sure if I have to take this matter to Wall street or news in public I WILL.....I am very angry to watch your hand are in our pocket Innocent people who they put trust and they believed you, Wonder no one stops you or says anything to you . I am sure time will come and you have to answer and you will go Down .

sheilap10
6/5/15

I was impressed with the prompt shipment. Item wrapped safely so it couldn't get damaged.
The item was more beautiful than I anticipated. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this awesome
Place to shop absolutely everything. I love Etsy. I spend enjoyable hours just browsing. ☺☺☺☺

henrieg
6/3/15

I recently purchased a dress from OriginatedDora. I must pass along how much I love the dress. The shipping time was impressive. I will most definitely be purchasing from this shop again. I did have email interaction with the shop owner and it was most helpful and pleasant. I HIGHLY recommend this shop.

jessicaf22
6/3/15

I have ordered from LINEN CRAFTS, Bedsheets & Towels, in the colors violet lavender (Bedding) and lavender bent (towels). They where delivered in a timely manner and good quality of the fabric, only the colors did not match the online pictures and the official description of these colors at all. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavender_(color) According the color scheme on wiki the delivered color of the bedding can be described as "Twilight lavender" and the color for the towels is "old lavender". - So I got in touch with the shop but as they refused all responsibility and reimbursement or exchange of the item I have filed a case with ETSY. The only thing ETSY did was asking for evidence in photos which I provided accordingly. Now they ask for even%

Tip for consumers: Never order anything without letting them send the sample in the color of your choice!!! If you like dark & dull colors, this is the place to go. If you need friendly customer CARE - don't go there at all.

barbaram69
6/1/15

I recently bought a fit bit bracelet from Etsy. After less than a week the black pearls are already starting to peel and it's very very hard to insert the fit bit into the bracelet. I think I actually damaged my fit bit in trying to do it. Will not buy another one.

nh56
5/27/15

Etsy used to be a wonderful site for handmade goods or vintage pieces. No longer! They now have new "rules" that allow sellers to advertise mass produced goods as "handmade." I bought a cup for a friend that was advertised as handmade. When it arrived, I was shocked to find an imprint on the bottom that said "Made in China." When I complained, Etsy responded that the seller was actually in compliance with their new rules because she "designed" the standard looking coffee mug and wrote the quote on the side! It took me a lot of time and energy to get my money refunded and I have never bought another thing on Etsy. I hear their stock is tanking and it's no wonder -- the Emperor has no (handmade) clothes!

dmrp
5/26/15

I used to love Etsy and spent a lot of money buying there but I got defrauded through it and Etsy didn't help at all. I bought a product from its vendor 'JRyanDesign' but the vendor never delivered it nor refunded my money and Etsy said that it couldn't help because I haven't complained on time. In fact, the vendor is still allowed to sell through Etsy. Needless to say I was very disappointed and closed my account since I don't feel safe buying there any more. Others beware, you may not be as protected as you think.

shirinr
5/26/15

I purchased (2) 6-foot dining tables from Buehlerfurniture thru Etsy for $1530.00. Initially, communications with the seller were professional. When the order arrived, one table slightly slumping and the other table was perfect. I reached out to the seller to ask if it would get worse, we were disappointed but could live with it. He promised it would not get worse. 2 months later its ridiculous, slumping, pathetic, bowed table looks awful, much much worse. I reached out to the seller to replace the table and the seller stopped responding. I reached out to Etsy to help with the seller and they gave the excuse that it was past the dispute time window even tho the seller promised the table would not get worse. I am so disappointed by the customer service, lack of ethics, professionalism and quality of product from this seller and Etsy.
I used to love Etsy. This experience was very negative.

joeg64
5/26/15

They are thieves and liars. I ordered something from them and they sent the wrong item and when I tried to contact them about it, they refused to call or write me back. Everyone should beware of this website because it is a scam website.

22 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Etsy staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Hi, I just found the etsy website n was curious if anyone knew from experience how etsy WALLSKINS r...?
3/3/13
Answer
behzadg
A: I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.
6/9/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: are the products authentic on etsy?
4/29/15
Answer
tracyq3
A: I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!
4/29/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

8 Photos for Etsy