US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

niconal

We have loved everything we've ordered and received great customer service from all sellers on this site. (in 46 reviews)

athenae

(so no seller can steal your money without a punishment, and so no one does.)
(in 179 reviews)

jenj

I usually shop through the jewelry but its great to support an artist whos selling their own stuff. (in 123 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

fiorem
11/22/14

I have ordered a piece of jewelry online on sept 29th and as of this date nov 22 have not received anything. all though they have credited my credit card. I have tried to contact them. and even though their web site looks like they give you a way to do so after writing it comes back undelivered. The piece I ordered was sub let to wishingstone design. which I also tried to contact with the same results. I guess I could kiss the $$ good bye?? just in case they see this my order# 160916522

emmab70
11/20/14

I paid £30 for an item on etsy, estimated delivery time 1 week its bee 5 weeks and I still haven't received it. Horrible website never ordering off of it again.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it

jonih4
11/19/14

I am a seller and buyer on Etsy, have been since 2008. I sell handmade (really) jewelry and also supplies. I have had one bad experience so far in all these years of buying supplies, gifts that are truly handmade. First I read reviews. Then I ALWAYS make sure they have been on the site for long enough to earn those good reviews. If I ever decided to buy from a mass-producer, I would expect to get exactly what I paid for. Maybe if more buyers would search for real handmade (shame on Etsy for allowing otherwise) then the mass-producer would disappear. They are cheap and that's what you will get....or not.

Tip for consumers: Check for handmade!

anonymousa25
11/18/14

I recently bought a leather bound journal from an Etsy shop. When it arrived, I was horribly disappointed in the quality. It was some cheap imitation leather. The image on it was already wearing off around the edges. I asked the seller if I could return it, and initially he said yes. But, once I put it in the mail back to him, he disappeared. After multiple unanswered messages, I finally left a candid 1 star review for the purchase and opened cases against him both on Etsy and PayPal. The seller contacted me right away after I posted the review, demanding I delete it or he would not refund my money. Anyway, PayPal took care of what Etsy did not, and refunded it. However, I was very surprised to find when I went back on Etsy that the review on that purchase had disappeared. I contacted Etsy asking why it had been deleted, as it was an honest review. They sent me back a message saying that while they "realized the seller had initiated the exchange about deleting the review or else no refund, but it violated their anti-extortion policies." It went on to say they would take action against my account if I used reviews "again in this way." So basically, this guy is selling cheap crappy journals at a premium price, keeping money from products returned, and then HE blackmailed ME demanding I delete an honest review or else he wouldn't refund my money and I have Etsy threaten ME with action against my account?! How does that make sense?! Talk about victim-blaming! What a horrible, horrible company. I will NEVER buy on etsy again!!!

letiziak
11/18/14

A platform with countless flaws where as a consumer I got swindled by the seller and Etsy did not even reply to my complaints. I advise you to stay away because if you encounter any issues Etsy will not intervene, will not even TRY to intervene.

minyb
11/14/14

I had a horrible experience with this company! I found an item I liked. It was what I was looking for and the price was great! It was only $10.00! When I received it in the mail, it didn't look anything like the picture or description! It said it was a Creamy color, but it was actually a sandy brown color! I contacted the seller to tell her about the issue and she said she would give me a full refund except for shipping. Normally that would be no problem, but then I had to pay the same shipping to return it. So I ended up paying $12.00 for a $10.00 item! This is rediculous! I will never use this company again and will tell everyone not to ever go through them!!

karissab
11/14/14

I got scammed by etsy! They took the money, the seller no longer exists and I cannot get a hold of them in any way. Etsy can't do much about it either since they are just a hosting site for the seller. It is unfortunate that people like that are able to register on this site and scam people like this. I am a poor college student and need every penny I can get. This was the worst online shopping experience I have ever had.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it

kathrynf
11/14/14

It is interesting that there are so many positive reviews of this irresponsible website. I wonder how many are folks that sell on Etsy. After my Jennifer Hardin experience of being defrauded of $250), I won't touch it with a ten foot pole. If YOU do and get burned, don't say you were not warned

lindseyh23
11/12/14

If I could, I would give this site a zero. Ordering and paying for an item is easy. Keep your fingers crossed that it comes because apparently the sellers on Etsy are just allowed to rip you off. There is absolutely NO buyer protection or customer service. The only response I received was an automated email telling me not to identify the company that ripped me off for privacy reasons. Yeah right! So that they can continue to rip other off. By the way, it was "Southern Royals" out of Florida and they essentially stole $57.50 from me. Stay away from this website.

ginettec
11/1/14

I was thrilled when ETSY came along. I am a fine artist, oil and watercolor paintings. But after a few years I got tired about the lack of support for fine art. Even when I list a painting there is no style specific to fine art, like Impressionism, Drawings, line art, etc. styles that pertain to fine art. I can't recall ever seeing the front page promoting original paintings. ETSY became a place much like EBAY huge and a Goliath of rules to wade through. From what I have read from other sellers that were removed, there seems to be an arbitrary removal of sellers over Handmade rules. I see people list nothing but images from Society6, an on demand maker of pillows, bed spreads shower curtains etc. These seller list these items as handmade even using the pictures off Society6. Yet they are made in a factory and basically drop shipped. I stopped listing much of my original art since ETSY simply is not a good place for fine art oil paintings. My average start price for an original is $300+ The exposure and love I get from ETSY is dismal. ETSY is best for under $ 100.00 stuff. If you are a serious artist listing on ETSY is not the way to go especially since the literately hold your lifelyhood in their hands and can drop you without any due processes and without any explanation much like EBAY did. I now have my own online presence, my own domain and a storefront created with shopify and I control my SEO. I have sold some originals already. Now when I spend advertising dollars I promote my art, my web site. Not ETSY. I occasionally I list an original and make it for a limited time only, then it gets moved to my website. ETSY isn't doing anything for me as a traditional fine artist. All my buyers had been happy, and many signed up with ETSY just to purchase one of my paintings or two. ETSY started out as a great idea of uniqueness and handmade and has morphed in to the New EBAY, where true artisans have to compete with lots of junk and mass manufactured items, claimed to be handmade and the high end spenders/consumers don't look at ETSY.

As far as a buyers I can say that I sometimes buy soap or clothing on ETSY and my experience has been positive. It does take time to investigate the sellers and make sure you're not being mislead.

Tip for consumers: Invest your time and money into establishing your own e-commerce website. Especially if you sell anything truly unique, handmade at a higher price range say starting at 300 + dollars ETSY is not good for that.

francescas3
10/28/14

I am a print graphic designer. I work for a printer. People more than once or twice have sent me files for invitations that they paid for that were supposed to be "print ready" and they were anything but. They were fuzzy, low-resolution files that were not even set up properly for printing at all, indicating that the "designer" had never even gotten through Graphics 101. If you want something designed, please remember that just having a computer and some Adobe software and some clip art does not make someone a designer any more than having an expensive set of pots and pans makes someone a chef.

wendys31
10/28/14

AWFUL!!! Ordered something for the first time and it will definitely be the last. On the sellers page it noted 5-11 business day for delivery. Ordered on October 4th figured that would be enough time to get here for Halloween party on Oct 25th. According to confirmation the merchandise shipped on the 7th. NEVER GOT IT!!! When I demanded to know where the merchandise was was told could also be held for customs for up to 4 days. Why wasn't this said? When I asked for a tracking number so that I could find out where it was the seller told me that she doesn't ship items with a tracking number or insurance. WHAT??? After a few more emails I was offered a refund for the item. Today got an email saying will report me to Etsy for not being polite and accusing of scamming. Imagine I was mad about something I paid for and never got! Said go ahead already closed my account. I was then told couldn't refund yet because not enough time has gone by to open postal investigation. Oh and by the way the seller wants the merchandise back if I ever get it. REALLY you want the money and the item. You know what FORGET IT. LESSON WELL LEARNED WILL NEVER USE THIS SITE AGAIN!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T EVER YOU WILL BE SORRY

walterw15
10/27/14

thinking of opening a shop on etsy.com? think again!

Good article. etsy shut me down about 1 1/2 years ago out of the blue one day. luckily, i always maintained an ebay business too but concentrated and sold mostly on etsy over the years. etsy was and became my lively hood (huge huge!!! mistake) i fought etsy ‘s action s with a lawyer but after a while could not afford further legal proceedings any longer, also filed complaints with the better business bureau.

i figured after the shock i better move on and tripled my business on ebay instead and opened my own website, went to artfire and bonanza. in hindsight i am glad i did. i had 7000 feedbacks on etsy 100% positive and was selling there for over 7 years supplies and my own handmade jewelery – all gone by the click of a mouse.

reason: one day i bought an NYC subway iphone cover in a wholesale place in manhattan to resell so buyers could use that item to bling with my offered rhinestones like many other iphone covers with flower motives i offered. then i got a complaint from the New York City Port Authority claiming copy right infirngment as they apparently own the NYC subway map!!! outragous!. Had no idea the nyc subway is copyright and as i bought the item in a legitimate wholesale outlet in the city on 27th street and broadway ( buyers beware!)

what pissed me off the most is they are sending emails to unsuspecting and potential sellers (including me) urging sellers to give up their day jobs and make etsy their career!!! what a scam! every job is more secure then they are. i highly recommend to anyone if you ever consider them as your outlet – don”t take that etsy business serious – you could be in the streets in a second out of the blue totally unexpected! on top of that – their customer service is about the worst one can imagine. no phone calls, emails get answered so every other day if your lucky and if your shut down forget about it – no appreciation for any members and you will be treated as their slave having to be thankful forever to be able to sell on their site. feel free to copy and paste my story to any site you wish.

Tip for consumers: simply don't use it!

sammig
10/26/14

I believe Etsy isn't all that bad, like others are seemingly saying. I knew that what I ordered was not handmade but it was to beautiful to pass up. I bought a prom dress. Though I was under the impression it was going to be in sooner rather than later like the time management said, I talked to the seller. She was more than happy to help me get it on express shipping. Not all sellers are bad, guys.

katk7
10/22/14

I have all good things to say about this site... Everything I have purchased so far has been handmade, unique and great quality. Customer service has been excellent, communication thorough and professional.

However, I wish to point out that each order experience is reflected on the actual individual shop and seller within the Etsy site, not the site itself.

I find that if you make an honest review using criticism instead of just negativity your comment is likely to remain on the seller's profile and could possibly be addressed by the original seller to resolve the issue.

If you have greater issues with an order, you can make a complaint with the Etsy site to investigate the matter. Just look for the "Do you have a problem with your order?" link under your order history for more information.

rs56
10/21/14

I had a shop on Etsy and as of yesterday it has been suspended as because they are claiming that I am somehow linked to this other Etsy shop that has been closed due to policy violation. From what I understand, based on Etsy's vague emails, this other shop has a few open cases that were opened up by angry customers before they were shut down. Etsy is saying that somehow my information (email and address) overlaps with the closed shop's account - whatever that means! So they want me to take care of the open cases before they can reinstate my account! The problem is I have no relation to that other shop!! I've stated this to them numerous times already and in my last email I asked them to show me a screenshot or something so that I can see if someone has committed fraud and used my information without my knowledge. It all sounds very fishy to me and Etsy has been very, very evasive.. It is very frustrating because I am being wrongly accused of being this other person, and they have suspended my account until I can get this sorted out. They are not giving me any help whatsoever. Their customer service sucks! When they do respond, they are evasive and vague. I have lost sales, all my time and effort putting up my listings, not to mention the longer my shop is suspended my credibility with my existing customers will be shot down. I would stay away if you are looking to open a shop with them. Read the reviews online - oeople's shops get shut down for no reason! Something needs to be done. They are a fraudulent, unprofessional company that should not be allowed to practice!

alexandrac6
10/20/14

Yes, this site can be aggravating, but overall I've had a pretty good experience. It is sometimes hard to get in touch with the seller and about 90% of the time the product is later than what the advertised shipping speed said but these items are pretty much all handmade...give them some time. I've also never had any problems with being ripped off or scammed.

tamarank
10/18/14

I have now dealt with two businesses on etsy. I would never recommend this site to anyone. The first seller left town and his information said my item would be sent the next day. How is that possible when you leave town? The next seller gave me severe grief over asking questions about the sweatshirt I purchased. He puts the same size on two different sweatshirts where you can clearly see one fits a child and one fits a woman because of the photos. They are all a bunch of scammers on etsy.

Tip for consumers: Don't use etsy.com. You will be scammed in some way.

rong38
10/15/14

I purchased a second pair of palazzo pants for my girlfriend, both from Etsy. The first pair fit perfectly; the second pair is sized for a child, even though it says, "women medium." Etsy had a company named Hannah's Fashions supply the pants. Hannah refuses to respond to emails. When I called, a woman answered, stated that she did not speak english, and was quite rude. I called Etsy and after being on hold for a while, a digital voice said that they had already closed for the day (at 2 PM EDT). I was looking forward to buying more items from Etsy, but unless I can reach them and make an exchange, I will never do business with Etsy again.
To be fair, Etsy has great prices, free shipping, and fast delivery, and I planned to order many more items from Etsy, but none of these features mean anything if I get stiffed on a miss-sized item.

Tip for consumers: Do not order from Etsy.

paulinem7
10/15/14

I have just received my wonderful custom made mask of the queen of hearts from Once Upon A Freak. really nice site, very helpful staff and it arrived well wrapped and in perfect condition.

Thank you ONCE UPON A FREAK and thank you Etsy.

Pauline Manners. Suffolk . England.

Tip for consumers: If you want a great Fancy Dress Mask then Once Upon A Freak are great, not expensive and really good quality.

fernandom17
10/12/14

I'm going to paste the correspondence I had with the shop owner of Awkard a company on Etsy.

Hello!

I just received an item-not-received Paypal claim - which is my first Paypal claim ever, in six years of selling knitwear. This sweater is scheduled to ship on Thursday, so you can imagine my confusion there!

Did you want to cancel your order? If so, I'm happy to do so - just let me know!

As you can see the owner is irate that I have inquired about the shipping of my product and did not get an email about when the shipping was going to take place. Here is my response. I don't like doing business with people like that.

I don't think you have to get so alarmed. I was merely wanting some sort of notice as to when the item was going to ship. This is a $94.00 item and you can imagine not getting any notice as to when it will ship. I think you may need a course in business 101. You don't send out shipping notices and you don't handle disputes like a professional niether. You see, you just lost a customer because of the way you handled this whole affair. Not the way to run a business. With an attitude like yours I hope there isn't any retaliation because I will follow suite.

Well the owner immediately cancelled the order and refunded my money. Good thing I got my money back, bad experience with Etsy!

etsyr
10/11/14

Ripped off for $200 item on Etsy. I also paid for insurance, and shipping. Seller shipped broken item and would not pay me back the refund they received from the post office. I reported this to Etsy, I had photos I sent to the seller of the damaged item I received and long history of Etsy conversations asking for my money back. Etsy's response? The seller has to rip off more than one person for them to act. See direct quote from
Etsy Trust and Safety:

"You can rest assured that sellers who continually demonstrate an inability to fulfill business obligations in a professional, honest manner are permanently removed from our marketplace."

Pretty amazing that a business will not act unless they rip off more than one person. "Rest assured".

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. Etsy protects sellers who send damaged items not as described, even if you send them photos. They don't care, not getting your money back.

lenab4
10/9/14

Etsy now has too many Chinese resellers. I was searching for a specific coat and found it. But later I saw exactly the same one for about the same price and same promo pictures at another Chinese small factory (that's how they like to call themselves). So I was already worried that it can be a scam. I was discussing it with one of my friends and she told me to check some online Chinese market. And I found there the same coat but 2 or even 3 times cheaper. So I wrote the etsy support and they only offered me to read the reviews of other clients and decide by myself. But nothing about closing down any of those shops reselling items from some big factory.
Also I noticed some knitting company from Uzbekistan or some other country from that area who was offering to knit the models from knitting magazines (mainly German). They used for promotion scans from those magazines...
And another thing that is so unfair to almost all milliners that there are many sellers making those fabric flowers accessories and never even mentioning that they use cheap flowers from a dollar store. And they want lots of money for their works. Ok, these items can look nice on the pictures but in real life they do look cheap.

Tip for consumers: I would offer to be careful with all these shops (not only Chinese) who have the way too many items for sale unless they are not marked as made to order as 1-2 persons can't produce quality things so fast. If you really want to buy Chinese items then try to google them on alternative site selling from China directly. You will be shocked about the prices there comparing to etsy!
Try to find as much info about the seller as possible.

jenniferl63
10/8/14

I love etsy.com. I find things there that are unique, original, of high quality, and I have never had any trouble with any order nor the customer service. They are just awesome!!

Tip for consumers: If you are looking for something original and different, this is the place. You can get a gift credit for someone and they can get a one-of-a-kind gift for themselves.

gaylel1
10/8/14

Etsy does not vet the people that sell through them very well. I bought 4 bridesmaid dresses and they arrived 2 weeks late and the wrong color. $400.00 dollars gone as I returned them and have never received a refund. The time allowed to open a claim is too short so there was absolutely zero help from Etsy or PayPal.

pamelam9
10/2/14

I was a seller on Etsy for almost a year. I have had 999 sales as of today. Because I used the following words or put a photo I took myself, I was kicked off today. Here are my infringements.
1) used the word M&M on these little cabochons which said M&M on jewelry
2) used the phrase "Pandora Like Beads"
3) Took a photo of the Moulin Rouge in Paris and was reprimanded for the copy right on the building
4) Whether or not a banged up old Vera Bradley bag was over 20 years old.
5) Made a necklace with a Heidi Klum designer chain and got in trouble for using the name Heidi Klum
and today
6) a photo I took of Moet Champagne in 2007 and listed it in January of this year and just happened to change the title to reflect what it was, they kicked me off permanently.
These has been harassment with a clique of Etsy shop owners to get me blacklisted too. I have been sent emails, not sold to and even told that I was extorting money from one shop owner, which until today when I asked my attorney what that meant, I didn't even know what that meant. I was also threatened to have the FBI called on me by this person, for what??? Yet there is all these Asian shop owners who I KNOW they don't make their own products, there are still photos of Moulin Rouge, etc. I don't know why I have been picked on since I paid for advertising, brought them money with my 999 sales (I didn't get my 1000th sales as I was looking forward to) for they took that away from me and only sent me another canned letter as they always do when one tries to reach out and tell them anything.I would give no stars if I could because I did what they wanted and cannot understand that I can't sell something that says M&M but others can sell things that they make and say DISNEY. Thank you for listening.

amyj18
10/2/14

It's true that etsy is known for its hypocritical claims to be about handmade & original items, to a degree that is actually quite shocking. Not only did the now-defunct Regretsy site thrive with ample material proof of their double standards, but it never prompted them to do even elementary searches of items they placed on the front page again & again. One artist was featured on the front page more than 500 times----with artwork stolen from Shutterstock and presented as her original designs. When I reported her to etsy---along with several links to identical Shutterstock images----I got an email replying that they don't have any control over copyright issues. I then reported her to Shutterstock and about 3/4 of her shop disappeared. Frankly, etsy can eat my $#*!.

marlae2
10/1/14

This review is for someone who is planning to open up a shop on etsy.
Here is the negatives:
1- You will get charged for other sellers browsing your shop looking to copy the merchandise you have sold.
2-Etsy cannot fully explain in detail to a seller how the promotion end of it works. Nor do they make that information avialable to the public.
3- This company is a cover for the sneaky underhanded owner of the company. He only promotes his own people.
4-The company created this illusion of a handmade artisan community where the current trend is to sell your crafts since everyone is into DIY.
5- Etsy profits on selling a dream to people to work for themselves. Then Etsy charges crazy fees to sellers until they cant afford it and eventually loose everyhting. Etsy is doing this to thousands of people and making very high profits.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from Etsy...this place is a scam

jaza
10/1/14

Although there are excellent sellers on etsy, there are a lot of scammers! I got scammed three times this year! twice by who I believe was the same person. I had ordered a custom tape wallet from someone and I never received. their shop was closed and a few weeks later saw the same listings on another shop! yea im looking at you BESTYinc !!

onellar
9/30/14

Horrible site. Sellers are overcharged...the company is going downhill fast. Etsy promotes shops from Isreal and China...all machine made crap.

brif2
9/29/14

Ordered and paid in full for a custom aisle runner in late December... I said my wedding was a month earlier than it actually was.. would message her because I hadnt heard anything for months. Angel Dauphine took foreeevvveerr to respond. Once she replied dont worry you will receive your runner well before your wedding. Well she never replied again and I never got my aisle runner 9 months later ("a week before my wedding").. Etsy was quick to refund my money and resolved the issue but wow Angel Dauphine just did not care, did not keep her word, and is a terrible business woman. I was sooooo excited about my bling aisle runner and now have no time to order one:(( bling is my theme and I feel soo sad and mad..

Tip for consumers: Dont do it.. dont order from Angel Dauphine atleast.

tammys20
9/24/14

Etsy is okay but funny with what they will or won't allow to be sold. One shop was closed due to copyright issues while other shops sell the same items and are allowed to stay open. Not very fair. If they close one for the infraction then close them all.
They are good at getting money back if there is an issue but it's not all smooth sailing as you go through the process.

Tip for consumers: Ask questions and be sure of other reviews to make sure the store isn't having any issues before you buy.

jw79
9/24/14

Buyer BEWARE!!! This site creates a safe harbor for CRIMINAL activity! Placed an order two months ago, never received, seller (STLFURN) ignores emails, filed a case with ETSY.. they do NOTHING! They WILL NOT help you! They will not refund your money! DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!! Report FRAUD to BBB! Worst customer service I've ever encountered.

Tip for consumers: DONT!!!!

tanyau1
9/23/14

Do not use ETSY or the seller called ONCE UPON A SIGN!!!!
At face value, this site looks great with lots of unique products etc. but in reality, it is an absolute nightmare.
I paid for my two orders and they have allegedly been shipped to me some 3 weeks ago from a UK seller to my UK address. I have never received the items and the seller has disappeared. there is no tracking number for postage. ETSY has no consumer protection and, quite frankly, don't care that I have essentially been scammed.
The sellers on Etsy are not registered companies, therefore don't have a company number and don't have their phone numbers on the site. So, you have no way to Trace the company, get your money back or get Etsy to interfere/ help.

Tip for consumers: Please don't use it to avoid disappointment. If you do decide to use it ONLY PAY BY PAYPAL, so you can bet your money back

rogh
9/21/14

Started purchasing an item from Etsy and found that even with checkout by paypal it required that I make a account on their website - what? Paypal can totally handle purchase without requiring setting up site credentials for a company that has no benefit to me. With Target and other people losing information, why would I trust some minor site to have my information?

Etsy lost a purchase.

chaoticHARMONYstudio on Etsy lost a purchase.

joannag7
9/18/14

Fortune Rabbit had a sale on monogrammed robes that I ordered for my bridesmaids, and although the they came in time, three of the robes were done wrong. One had the wrong monogram and the other two were wrong sizes. I was very clear in my email and yet I had received robes that now I cannot give to my bridesmaids. I am so disappointed and would reccomended NOT ordering from Fotune Rabbit. Now my
Gifts for my bridesmaid are ruined and I am getting married in two days so there is no time for me to get anything else.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM FORTUNE RABBIT

juliab30
9/16/14

I ordered something from Crystal Casman Jewelry and was advised it was shipping in two days. I was even forwarded a USPS tracking number and it turns out to be less than a business you can trust.

Be leary folks.

Tip for consumers: Do not trust you will get what you ordered.

anneb23
9/13/14

Purchased a t-shirt from Michelle from The Little Joy Shop on August 4. Never received it. Learned on September 2 that the seller canceled the order because the shirt was no onger available. Seller has yet to refund my money via PayPal. Seller does not respond to my emails. Just escalated tus issue to a claim with PayPal. Still can't figure out why the shirt is no longer available? Custom embroidering machine break? White t-shirts (toddler size) no longer available? This experience has been more like the Little Shop of Horrors than of joy.

Tip for consumers: Beware. Seller did not send the item I ordered but still charged me for it. Still waiting for refund.

gerric2
9/12/14

Beware of doing business with a store on Etsy called KARMA ROX that sells vintage clothing. I was informed that this company only accepts money orders. I sent a money order in the amount of $178.00 made payable to Jan Brewer from Buford, GA in good faith that she would forward the shoes in time for my daughter's wedding. Her wedding was over a month ago and and I have yet to receive the merchandise or a refund. They claim the vintage shoes have been mailed twice and returned. I have provided an address to them 3 times! Excuse, excuse.... I been SCAMMED!

hylaufmh
9/12/14

Etsy deleted a review regarding a seller because it was NOT 5 stars without any communication with me (the buyer). Why ask for reviews if you are going to delete them after everything under the sun has been tried to rectify the problem. Allow the review to stand.
BEWARE of the following company: KROMMdesign out of Montreal, Canada.

The following is a review that I wrote regarding this company about a product I bought from them.

Arrived DAMAGED in 3 different places !!!!!

I have waited until now to write a review because I would have written a completely inappropriate critique filled with inexplicable epithets if I had done so at the time of the arrival of the table. I was that mad and angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The packaging (if you can call what the table arrived in packaging) was completely useless for this endeavor. The outside box was nothing more than many broken down cartons that were taped together to form one large outer container to hold the table.

Let me give you the dimensions of the table: Length = 54 inches. Width = 22 inches. Height = 19 inches. Weight = 65 lbs. You did not have to be an engineer to see that this was NOT going to end well once the table was shipped.

Inside the box. The table was wrapped with a very loose fitting sheet of canvas. The rest of the padding inside the box was nothing more than MORE broken down cardboard boxes loosely fitted around the table. That was the padding used to protect this 65 pound table that was to be shipped from Montreal to Tennessee.

It is common knowledge that everything that is shipped is NOT HANDLED WITH CARE !!! You have to be proactive and protect the product you are shipping to the hilt. I wish they had simply asked me and I would have been happy to send them more money to invest in appropriate packing materials. I would have been happy to protect my $1300.00 investment. They shipped this on the cheap and it is completely indefensible. There is NO JUSTIFICATION for the manner in which this was shipped.

All I can say to anyone reading this is: BUYER BEWARE , BUYER BEWARE, BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cressidaj
9/10/14

I ordered several shirts from a seller for a team event I was competing in. The seller did not ship as promised nor would she answer any of my messages to her. I contacted Etsy and after they made me wait their "appropriate time" and still not hearing from the seller I had to reorder the shirts to have them in time for the event. Etsy was made aware of this but still allowed the seller to wait to the last possible minute. Right before my refund was due to be issued she decided to ship the shirts. Because she shipped the shirts and does not accept returns Etsy will no longer help me. It does not seem to matter that the shirts were shipped 1 full month after promised nor does it matter that they are no longer needed and I was forced to reorder from another store. Simple communication returned by the seller would have prevented me from having to now dispute charges on my credit card. Good luck to anyone that has a bad buying experience. Etsy does nothing to protect the buyers.

lindaa33
9/7/14

I love Etsy. I have purchased quite a few items from the site and have always received my items swiftly and find them as described. Everyone has been polite. I will continue to purchase from them in the future.

mummabearb
9/4/14

I am reviewing the Betsy shop Cherished Sentiments.

The shop owner is lovely when you are in the ordering & payment process. As soon as they ship the sub standard jewellery with errors that they have made they don't want to know you. They made typographical errors on both pieces. After several emails all with no response I can easily say this is the worst shop/person I have ever dealt with be it online or in person.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this shop like the plague if you want what you paid for!!!!

raminam
9/4/14

Through various screen/store names I have been there from the beginning and I have watched the website decline from a handmade utopia to the 7th level of hell for handmade sellers.
Here is just an outline of some of the major problems (there have been dozens more than what is mentioned) that I have encountered as a seller on Etsy:
I had my *1st major* issue with them when they allowed another seller to replicate my products, to the T, sell them as her own and tell people on other websites I was the one stealing from her. I tried getting etsy to intervene since it was their selling platform that initiated the 1st attack and was being used to fraud my business and they refused. They sent me a message that basically read as "we encourage sellers to steal popular designs from others"
My 2nd major issue was when a "front page seller" made the front page in October with an item that she stole the pictures and wording/description from me and they didnt change the item to link back to me, instead they just took it off the front page. I had to fight them for weeks to make that seller remove over 20 pictures and item descriptions stolen from my store.
My 3rd major issue with them -and when I closed my etsy store the 1st time- is when a jewelry company stole one of my jewelry designs, copyrighted it and used etsy to send me a cease and desist. Etsy Legal team sent me a hostile and threatening email telling me not to relist the item. Etsy ALSO removed the item from my store and removed every single transaction of the item I sold in the past so I couldnt use Etsy to prove I was selling the item before "company x" stole the design.
4th Major Issue; My etsy store is now closed for good because I had a yet another customer try to use the feedback system to blackmail me for a refund on a product received. Etsy refused to interceded. Out of the 1,000+ positive feedback I have this ONE negative brought down my entire store rating. Not only did etsy refuse to remove the feedback they locked my account and sent me several threatening emails to remove what I have stated about them or they would not allow me to use their site to buy/sell. Once locked out of my account I could not respond to customer messages or send current open orders. Anyone whom purchased from me via Etsy checkout was not able to receive their orders. It has extended beyond etsy issue, now the company, by not allowing me to complete orders and contact customers, is giving my 12 year old business a bad name.
As seller who has been with etsy since week 1 of their launch and has tried to work with them and overlook their CS issues and refusal to side with sellers in the event of issues I can honestly say I will never use etsy again for buying or selling.

lisac66
8/27/14

Stay away. I ordered a dog crate cover from Bow Wow Beds. The estimated delivery date was 35 - 40 business days (not regular days, "business" days). The item finally arrived well over 80 "business days" from the order date, also conveniently outside of the Etsy "60 day review" window which starts on the ESTIMATED delivery date, not the ACTUAL delivery date (does Etsy count regular days in that 60 day window or "business" days). Continual excuses from the seller after the first slap in the face "didn't you read that it is a 35 - 40 business days estimate" then went on to complain about all of her orders she had received which put my order further behind, she was trying to hire more employees, get a brick and mortar store, etc. Then when the shipping notification was sent, it took another week for the product to be shipped because the seller had so many orders going out at once. None of those issues do I care about, just wanted my product within the original estimated timeframe. No additional timeframe was offered. When it arrived, the personalization was done with some sort of paint or ink and can't even be seen unless the crate cover is down. No tie ups to roll up any of the four sides so my dog can see out. We have to overlap the sides across the top of the crate. Just expected a lot more for the price. Now Etsy has responded that they are sorry I had this experience and that they cannot reactivate my 60 day review window. Convenient for sellers who would rather have no reviews than a bad review. Sad, because this first time Etsy customer who learned her lesson could have been a happy repeat customer.

tracyq3
8/27/14

Used to LOVE etsy. I had wonderful sellers that truly made hand made items. They were beautiful and amazing. After a brief break ( about 6 months - 1 year) I went back to on line shopping. I am so SAD!! Where did all the real artists go??? I was looking for a cute Frozen dress for my daughter's birthday, that I just don't have time to make. I have seen a ridiculous amount of sellers claiming hand made items but I know I have seen them on Amazon (for way less) from China sellers. If I wanted that I could pay way less on Amazon. When I looked closer into ETSY's new policies, this is actually ok to do. To the true artist still on ETSY : you do amazing work I hope that the Chinese re-seller trend does not destroy you business. My issue with ETSY is that if you allow re-sellers than you have to monitor it somehow so shoppers can choose to buy from handmade businesses only and you need to monitor business that are claiming handmade when it is obviously not hand made by them!

sherrib7
8/27/14

My experience with Ninkey was great. Perfect communication and above average quality wendy darling dress. Thank You.

tj73
8/26/14

I placed an order for stained glass with Karen Miles on her Etsy shop, Illinoisartglass and never received my order. I only received excuses and lies. Paid $790.00. Etsy is still allowing her shop to be open and helping her along with her fraud and thievery. Customer service won't help me since their 60 day policy has expired. I cannot even leave feedback for this thief! More people are going to get scammed because they couldn't be warned.
This site is crap, I'll never do business with etsy again.

Tip for consumers: Stay Away!

bernardinav
8/23/14

I ordered a ring from the Kristinelily shop on Etsy. After paying massive import taxes (would have been nice to know when ordering), turns out she sent a much smaller size, I sent a photo with a ring I already owned to show it. No problem, I could send it back and would be reimbursed (not for taxes and shipping costs, but at least the ring). I was strung along and told to wait. When I eventually reported to Etsy, what do you know, my "case eligibility" had expired and much as they would like to, they can't do a thing. O yes, also I somehow can't post a review.
I've payed €80, which amounts to $ 105, and have nothing to show for it. They think the Dutch Postal Service are to blame and I should file a claim with them. Well they sent it all right, so I wouldn't recommend doing bussiness with either Etsy or the Kristinelily shop.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it.

steves129
8/22/14

Thiis whole site is garbage. The majority of stuff is made by wanna be hippy manufactures that claim Chinese made garbage as their own. As well the site is run like a joke. Stay away from this horrible market place......IT IS A JOKE!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Use Amazon, with exception of a couple of companies everything trash