US Government's NSF

dns-admin@etsy.com

290 Reviews for Etsy.com

Review Highlights

jennym6

I cannot even leave feedback to my last customers.

maggiec1

I closed my Etsy shop - they treat their sellers like cr@p.

dddh

Sent conversation to the seller asking about the item and no reply.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

joannag7
9/18/14

Fortune Rabbit had a sale on monogrammed robes that I ordered for my bridesmaids, and although the they came in time, three of the robes were done wrong. One had the wrong monogram and the other two were wrong sizes. I was very clear in my email and yet I had received robes that now I cannot give to my bridesmaids. I am so disappointed and would reccomended NOT ordering from Fotune Rabbit. Now my
Gifts for my bridesmaid are ruined and I am getting married in two days so there is no time for me to get anything else.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM FORTUNE RABBIT

juliab30
9/16/14

I ordered something from Crystal Casman Jewelry and was advised it was shipping in two days. I was even forwarded a USPS tracking number and it turns out to be less than a business you can trust.

Be leary folks.

Tip for consumers: Do not trust you will get what you ordered.

anneb23
9/13/14

Purchased a t-shirt from Michelle from The Little Joy Shop on August 4. Never received it. Learned on September 2 that the seller canceled the order because the shirt was no onger available. Seller has yet to refund my money via PayPal. Seller does not respond to my emails. Just escalated tus issue to a claim with PayPal. Still can't figure out why the shirt is no longer available? Custom embroidering machine break? White t-shirts (toddler size) no longer available? This experience has been more like the Little Shop of Horrors than of joy.

Tip for consumers: Beware. Seller did not send the item I ordered but still charged me for it. Still waiting for refund.

gerric2
9/12/14

Beware of doing business with a store on Etsy called KARMA ROX that sells vintage clothing. I was informed that this company only accepts money orders. I sent a money order in the amount of $178.00 made payable to Jan Brewer from Buford, GA in good faith that she would forward the shoes in time for my daughter's wedding. Her wedding was over a month ago and and I have yet to receive the merchandise or a refund. They claim the vintage shoes have been mailed twice and returned. I have provided an address to them 3 times! Excuse, excuse.... I been SCAMMED!

hylaufmh
9/12/14

Etsy deleted a review regarding a seller because it was NOT 5 stars without any communication with me (the buyer). Why ask for reviews if you are going to delete them after everything under the sun has been tried to rectify the problem. Allow the review to stand.
BEWARE of the following company: KROMMdesign out of Montreal, Canada.

The following is a review that I wrote regarding this company about a product I bought from them.

Arrived DAMAGED in 3 different places !!!!!

I have waited until now to write a review because I would have written a completely inappropriate critique filled with inexplicable epithets if I had done so at the time of the arrival of the table. I was that mad and angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The packaging (if you can call what the table arrived in packaging) was completely useless for this endeavor. The outside box was nothing more than many broken down cartons that were taped together to form one large outer container to hold the table.

Let me give you the dimensions of the table: Length = 54 inches. Width = 22 inches. Height = 19 inches. Weight = 65 lbs. You did not have to be an engineer to see that this was NOT going to end well once the table was shipped.

Inside the box. The table was wrapped with a very loose fitting sheet of canvas. The rest of the padding inside the box was nothing more than MORE broken down cardboard boxes loosely fitted around the table. That was the padding used to protect this 65 pound table that was to be shipped from Montreal to Tennessee.

It is common knowledge that everything that is shipped is NOT HANDLED WITH CARE !!! You have to be proactive and protect the product you are shipping to the hilt. I wish they had simply asked me and I would have been happy to send them more money to invest in appropriate packing materials. I would have been happy to protect my $1300.00 investment. They shipped this on the cheap and it is completely indefensible. There is NO JUSTIFICATION for the manner in which this was shipped.

All I can say to anyone reading this is: BUYER BEWARE , BUYER BEWARE, BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cressidaj
9/10/14

I ordered several shirts from a seller for a team event I was competing in. The seller did not ship as promised nor would she answer any of my messages to her. I contacted Etsy and after they made me wait their "appropriate time" and still not hearing from the seller I had to reorder the shirts to have them in time for the event. Etsy was made aware of this but still allowed the seller to wait to the last possible minute. Right before my refund was due to be issued she decided to ship the shirts. Because she shipped the shirts and does not accept returns Etsy will no longer help me. It does not seem to matter that the shirts were shipped 1 full month after promised nor does it matter that they are no longer needed and I was forced to reorder from another store. Simple communication returned by the seller would have prevented me from having to now dispute charges on my credit card. Good luck to anyone that has a bad buying experience. Etsy does nothing to protect the buyers.

lindaa33
9/7/14

I love Etsy. I have purchased quite a few items from the site and have always received my items swiftly and find them as described. Everyone has been polite. I will continue to purchase from them in the future.

mummabearb
9/4/14

I am reviewing the Betsy shop Cherished Sentiments.

The shop owner is lovely when you are in the ordering & payment process. As soon as they ship the sub standard jewellery with errors that they have made they don't want to know you. They made typographical errors on both pieces. After several emails all with no response I can easily say this is the worst shop/person I have ever dealt with be it online or in person.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this shop like the plague if you want what you paid for!!!!

raminam
9/4/14

Through various screen/store names I have been there from the beginning and I have watched the website decline from a handmade utopia to the 7th level of hell for handmade sellers.
Here is just an outline of some of the major problems (there have been dozens more than what is mentioned) that I have encountered as a seller on Etsy:
I had my *1st major* issue with them when they allowed another seller to replicate my products, to the T, sell them as her own and tell people on other websites I was the one stealing from her. I tried getting etsy to intervene since it was their selling platform that initiated the 1st attack and was being used to fraud my business and they refused. They sent me a message that basically read as "we encourage sellers to steal popular designs from others"
My 2nd major issue was when a "front page seller" made the front page in October with an item that she stole the pictures and wording/description from me and they didnt change the item to link back to me, instead they just took it off the front page. I had to fight them for weeks to make that seller remove over 20 pictures and item descriptions stolen from my store.
My 3rd major issue with them -and when I closed my etsy store the 1st time- is when a jewelry company stole one of my jewelry designs, copyrighted it and used etsy to send me a cease and desist. Etsy Legal team sent me a hostile and threatening email telling me not to relist the item. Etsy ALSO removed the item from my store and removed every single transaction of the item I sold in the past so I couldnt use Etsy to prove I was selling the item before "company x" stole the design.
4th Major Issue; My etsy store is now closed for good because I had a yet another customer try to use the feedback system to blackmail me for a refund on a product received. Etsy refused to interceded. Out of the 1,000+ positive feedback I have this ONE negative brought down my entire store rating. Not only did etsy refuse to remove the feedback they locked my account and sent me several threatening emails to remove what I have stated about them or they would not allow me to use their site to buy/sell. Once locked out of my account I could not respond to customer messages or send current open orders. Anyone whom purchased from me via Etsy checkout was not able to receive their orders. It has extended beyond etsy issue, now the company, by not allowing me to complete orders and contact customers, is giving my 12 year old business a bad name.
As seller who has been with etsy since week 1 of their launch and has tried to work with them and overlook their CS issues and refusal to side with sellers in the event of issues I can honestly say I will never use etsy again for buying or selling.

lisac66
8/27/14

Stay away. I ordered a dog crate cover from Bow Wow Beds. The estimated delivery date was 35 - 40 business days (not regular days, "business" days). The item finally arrived well over 80 "business days" from the order date, also conveniently outside of the Etsy "60 day review" window which starts on the ESTIMATED delivery date, not the ACTUAL delivery date (does Etsy count regular days in that 60 day window or "business" days). Continual excuses from the seller after the first slap in the face "didn't you read that it is a 35 - 40 business days estimate" then went on to complain about all of her orders she had received which put my order further behind, she was trying to hire more employees, get a brick and mortar store, etc. Then when the shipping notification was sent, it took another week for the product to be shipped because the seller had so many orders going out at once. None of those issues do I care about, just wanted my product within the original estimated timeframe. No additional timeframe was offered. When it arrived, the personalization was done with some sort of paint or ink and can't even be seen unless the crate cover is down. No tie ups to roll up any of the four sides so my dog can see out. We have to overlap the sides across the top of the crate. Just expected a lot more for the price. Now Etsy has responded that they are sorry I had this experience and that they cannot reactivate my 60 day review window. Convenient for sellers who would rather have no reviews than a bad review. Sad, because this first time Etsy customer who learned her lesson could have been a happy repeat customer.

tracyq3
8/27/14

Used to LOVE etsy. I had wonderful sellers that truly made hand made items. They were beautiful and amazing. After a brief break ( about 6 months - 1 year) I went back to on line shopping. I am so SAD!! Where did all the real artists go??? I was looking for a cute Frozen dress for my daughter's birthday, that I just don't have time to make. I have seen a ridiculous amount of sellers claiming hand made items but I know I have seen them on Amazon (for way less) from China sellers. If I wanted that I could pay way less on Amazon. When I looked closer into ETSY's new policies, this is actually ok to do. To the true artist still on ETSY : you do amazing work I hope that the Chinese re-seller trend does not destroy you business. My issue with ETSY is that if you allow re-sellers than you have to monitor it somehow so shoppers can choose to buy from handmade businesses only and you need to monitor business that are claiming handmade when it is obviously not hand made by them!

sherrib7
8/27/14

My experience with Ninkey was great. Perfect communication and above average quality wendy darling dress. Thank You.

tj73
8/26/14

I placed an order for stained glass with Karen Miles on her Etsy shop, Illinoisartglass and never received my order. I only received excuses and lies. Paid $790.00. Etsy is still allowing her shop to be open and helping her along with her fraud and thievery. Customer service won't help me since their 60 day policy has expired. I cannot even leave feedback for this thief! More people are going to get scammed because they couldn't be warned.
This site is crap, I'll never do business with etsy again.

Tip for consumers: Stay Away!

bernardinav
8/23/14

I ordered a ring from the Kristinelily shop on Etsy. After paying massive import taxes (would have been nice to know when ordering), turns out she sent a much smaller size, I sent a photo with a ring I already owned to show it. No problem, I could send it back and would be reimbursed (not for taxes and shipping costs, but at least the ring). I was strung along and told to wait. When I eventually reported to Etsy, what do you know, my "case eligibility" had expired and much as they would like to, they can't do a thing. O yes, also I somehow can't post a review.
I've payed €80, which amounts to $ 105, and have nothing to show for it. They think the Dutch Postal Service are to blame and I should file a claim with them. Well they sent it all right, so I wouldn't recommend doing bussiness with either Etsy or the Kristinelily shop.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it.

steves129
8/22/14

Thiis whole site is garbage. The majority of stuff is made by wanna be hippy manufactures that claim Chinese made garbage as their own. As well the site is run like a joke. Stay away from this horrible market place......IT IS A JOKE!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Use Amazon, with exception of a couple of companies everything trash

gillianr2
8/21/14

After two smooth transactions through Etsy, I was not worried about ordering 2 pairs of earrings from Janet Galla at TrinketsNWhatnots. When the earrings did not arrive after 2 weeks, I wrote to her asking where they were. Supposedly lost in the post. We had a cordial exchange in which I said I would be happy to wait for a new pair. Then she supposedly had trouble sourcing some stones. I still waited pleasantly. Then she stopped replying to my emails. After 3 emails, I made a complaint to Etsy and Paypal. But wait,You CANNOT make a complaint to Paypal after 45 days and Etsy after 60 days. This buyer strung me along, knowing full well that I would be impotent to get a refund--OR EVEN GIVE BUYER FEEDBACK--while I waited with good will for my earrings. She robbed me of my money and both Etsy and Paypal will do nothing to back me up. Terrible terrible customer service from every angle. STAY AWAY!!!!

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. Etsy will not protect its customers. You can easily be robbed.

ericc61
8/20/14

I joined etsy as a seller last year, i designed and created my own jewelry, it went well for a few months until i realized etsy is a cutthroat site where you compete with other sellers..
i started getting notices from etsy support regarding my items, it seems other sellers were afraid of the competition and started accusing me of stealing text and designs, and that was never true.. you need to realize that when you sell on etsy you are competing with others who at times can be very cruel.. and it seems etsy takes the side of the veteran sellers, leaving us newbies out!! and to contact customer support is a nightmare.. takes for ever for them to reply, if they ever reply.. my advice is that if you ever plan to sell your crafts online! stay away from etsy, i now sell on artfire and its great...

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON SELLING YOUR VINTAGE OR HANDMADE ITEMS.. PLENTY OTHER SITES OUT THERE THAT ARE 100% BETTER i.e. Bonanza.com artfire.com amazon ect

rebeccaw22
8/10/14

Terrible customer service. No help for missing items !
Etsy says as long as the seller puts it was shipped - too bad if it goes missing.
I bought something over 6 weeks ago and shipping says it never left USA. I live in Australia.
Etsy help team said too bad, seller says shipped so we wont help you. So im out a birthday present and money !!!

annan15
8/10/14

I was afraid to use etsy in the first place but a co-worker encouraged me so i took the plunge... and boy do I regret it! I spent money on jewlery that i am assuming will never arrive. I am very disapointed and sad. I was so looking forward to a few of the peices I ordered. STAY AWAY DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

mishele
8/10/14

great site!!! all products handmade or vintage!!! great prices! unique products! very friendly buyers from all over the world! custom orders! security system!!

mindym4
8/9/14

I bought a baby shower gift from this site, and never received it. My friend specifically picked it out, so I bought it. They took the money from my account, which I do have proof of this. It was promised to arrive on July 17 which was almost a month later, but it never arrived. I cannot get a hold of anyone to return my money, in which u can not get a hold of anyone. At this point someone else has hand made these items, and I must add their product looks alot better then the original. I have to call it a loss now and I'm out of pocket nearly $60.00. This is horrible business practices and I will never recommend or order from this site again.

boba31
8/7/14

BUYERS BE AWARE ,,,STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. Purchased a statue that came distroyed 4 days of emails to seller go unanswered. after several hours Etsy called me bac and read their 7 day policy. which is a joke...7 days for seller to answer you then 7 more days for etsy to investigate before you get your money back....STICK TO EBAY THEY GET YOUR ISSUE DONE IN A DAY!!! THIS IS ALL WHILE THE SELLER CONTINUES TO SELL TO OTHER VICTIMS AS ETSY DOES NOTHING!!

This is day 4 still no response from a seller and just got another policy read to me by etsy...they can not even give a admin number for you to call or an address...says alot about ETSY.

janetc15
7/31/14

Oh dear. Please do not trust all sellers on Etsy. If you aren't sure what you are getting, don't purchase it. Too many buyers complain about what they got from those "mystery" purchases with a random shirt or sweater and don't end up liking them. I'll admit it's great to find nice handmade stuff and it's great for artisans. I appreciate handmade work and help supporting Etsy shops.

However, I encountered so many bad sellers, I was quite disappointed and didn't want to buy from this place again. You would charged $11.95 to have them ship a pair of pants that aren't even heavy denim. $12?! Not only that, but I got ripped off so many times, it was crazy.

I asked a seller to ship me a pair of high waist jeans with 1" cuffs. She sends me a pair with 0.5" inch cuffs and the cut-off area keeps showing which was NOT what I wanted. I requested another seller to sell me a vintage sweater that was black. When I received it, it was a dark navy blue and it was very scratchy!

Afterwards, I purchased a ring that says it was handmade but it was actually a mass produced product from Asia and it was only obvious after I saw 4 sellers selling the exact same item. Then, I purchased a cardigan and a vintage bag from a seller. When I received the item, the cardigan was not "soft" and comfortable as she said. It was very stiff and uncomfortable. The bag she shipped me was in great condition the first time I gently used it. The strap broke off on its own after storing it nicely!

A lot of sellers are always like "contact me with questions". When I did contact one of the sellers, she took FOREVER to reply and I felt like she was playing the bargaining chip while giving me an attitude at the same time. It's either that, or they think as a buyer, you're being annoying.

As another reviewer said, always double check and research the item you want to purchase. The ring I originally purchased that was NOT handmade, was $20 and $4 shipping. After a few months, other shops sold the same exact ring and charged only $9 per ring.

Etsy in theory is great, but I never made a sale there. I listed a ton of items and wasted a ton of money and sold NOTHING. Be careful of sellers. At the same time, be a reasonable buyer. I respected a lot of no-return policies from those bad purchased. Sadly, almost all the items were either donated, given away, resold or thrown out. Advice from experience: Don't be tempted to buy trash or get charged retail price for clothing that are three decades old.

irmgarde
7/30/14

I am very satisfied with the stud earrings I bought from Lavanta Bay :)) Nice gemstones and
smooth finish.
Owner is very willing to answer to all your questions and needs!

fallonj
7/25/14

Etsy is absolutely terrible. I ordered shirts from there two whole months ago, never received them. I tried to contact the sellee, never replied to me. The sellers will create fake accounts and post good reviews to make themselves look good, but in reality, they suck. Most of the sellers are scam artists in this and will take your money and either not send you your item, or will send you something totally different frok what you bought. STAY AWAY FROM ETSY. IT IS TERRIBLE.

susier2
7/24/14

Etsy is the worst! They have done as much as they can to destroy the quality of sellers that they host by allowing mass produced junk products from China or elsewhere. I know artisans on there, that have had their designs stolen and massed produced in China. I opened my Zibbet stores October 2013 when they announced that they were going to let mass produced products to be sold on Etsy. Yes I was one of the masses that left for Zibbet. In a couple of months of being on Zibbet, I made more sales and special orders than I did the years on Etsy. Etsy doesn't give a s**t if you complain to them. If you do, your stores will be booted off Etsy. They have become just like ebay. Tons of fees. When you need help and contact the admin for help, an autobot sends an email saying that they have received your email. Then they don't do anything. OH! Also don't forget that they will target individual stores and mess up the programing of the store just for giggles. That's what the CEO Chad used to do before he came to etsy.

kalir
7/16/14

I ordered two items from this website. The items arrived at my house 2 days after I ordered them. I had read some bad reviews before i purchased the items so i am really glad everything came out okay. Everything was in great condition and I am very happy with the results.

traceym21
7/8/14

Very disappointing..... NEVER purchase a website built by redklovers(http://www.redklovers.com/)............ I wasn't informed about not being able to transfer to another site and I'm stuck with wix... Which I HATE! Spent $650.00 and didn't receive all that was promised with the purchase and It took over 2 months to complete...And esty doesn't care as long as they make their money.........

carolinah
7/3/14

If you were renting an apartment, and were set to move in the first of the month, but were able to start moving in the last day of the previous month, would the landlord charge you the full previous month's rent? Well, they do this at Etsy. No pro rating here. If you open your shop in the last 2 hours of the last day of the month, you then pay the full month's fee. I also think the search is still bad - takes too much time to look through everything when searching for a particular item. Wish I could find a good alternative to the site.

aliciat2
7/2/14

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SELLER: Felicia Bowman! Please contact me for to see the picturess of what she sent me. I have all the emails back and forth as well as pictures of the results! HORRIBLE. I ordered this for my 8 year old daughter that wears a size 6 in girls (and she knew that) and I received something that I cannot even fit on a baby doll!!! And I paid and extra $22 to have this dress shipped by an overnight carrier, I have proof and pics that it was sent USPS! She is refusing to refund my money and says this will fit my daughter. IT WILL NOT FIT A BABY DOLL; more like Barbie doll. Please contact me for proof: aliciaMtownsend@gmail.com. DO NOT BUY FROM Felicia Bowman: SJFlowerClipsandTutu!!!!!!!!!!

tamarap3
6/24/14

I have been selling on Etsy for just over a year. It is the first online place I started selling my art, and it was well received. I've had over 1000 sales, and I have had problems with maybe one or two buyers only (I think those two were angry at life, rather than my art), but other than that, it's been pretty smooth sailing.

I've had a few issues along the way (a button/link not working properly, etc) and I was always able to get help, first immediately through a forum, and then second through a follow-up from staff which replied to my forum posts and gave me an email address.

Etsy has catapulted me into life as a Full Time Artist. I am really thankful for all the exposure, and the income I have made.

I have purchased some things from Etsy as well, and all my experiences have been great. I generally appreciate chatting with a seller a little before hand, or at least browsing through their shop and sales and reviews to get a feel for the type of energy they provide.

I know that not everyone has had great experiences, as evidence in this thread. Perhaps my experience is unique, in that it really has been 5 star. In any which way, I would encourage other artisans to try it, or something similar out, simply because you never know if you never try, and I didn't even know I was going to be a full time artist, and now here I am, working my dream job.

Etsy works when two people put in effort, both the buyer and the seller. Be kind to each other. Make purchases because they are things and practices you want to support, and items that bring you or someone else joy. Sell things that you love making. Compassionate business practice is, in my opinion, the best way to go about it.

All the best.
T

kevins70
6/23/14

I got ripped off and etsy and the seller can do nothing about it!
Run Run Run Away from this site- there is no buyer protection or ability to leave feedback for the evil sellers if you purchase without an account set up

chelseab4
6/22/14

I am currently a seller on Etsy who works hard to come up with new designs and sell high quality hand made products. Lately the website is a joke. Many sellers are not honest and use retail products that they sell as handmade and up the price on. One way you can spot this is through the pictures. Try google image searching items before you buy them. If they take you to a retail site then that is where the seller gets the products they send to you. Do not fall into the "Handmade trap," be aware of what you are buying and dont just trust store reviews. ETSY REMOVES BAD REVIEWS to maintain stores images and their own image..

helena44
6/20/14

If I could give Etsy negative reviews, I would.

Don't trust online reviews from Etsy. Not only will you encounter problems with surprise customs fees that are not mentioned anywhere in conversations between you and the seller, you will likely never receive your item, and the seller will hold your money hostage until you give them a false positive review.

No point going to Etsy management to mediate the situation; they condone false reviews, stating that "you can change your review at a later time."

You will never see your money again, Etsy will not lift a finger to help, and you will only be left with feelings of rage and frustration.

This didn't just happen to me; it happened to a friend as well. Just a heads up.

elloiseg
6/18/14

If a seller wants to scam you there is nothing stopping them, I lost £400 to Etsy scammers. I think this is a very hit and miss website (mostly miss in my experience), it all depends which sellers you are dealing with, some were very kind to me while others simply had their shops set up to scam people.

I did buy a variety of things. I bought some nice things but most were overpriced and not what they were worth. A lot of items from a variety of sellers were were misleading, claiming to be what they were not. One tine I bought what I was told were real freshwater pearls but were really just plastic.

Another time I again ordered a rather expensive necklace, I received it in an envelope with no protective packaging, the beads were chipped the pendant smashed, I could not have worn this it was totally restored, I promptly messaged the selling the sellers response was that I must have worn it to go to bed in or maybe I accidentally fell asleep wearing it, she was very angry and rude to me, she was not willing to apologise even when I sent her photos of what I received.

Many things I ordered and was charged for never arrived and I was never refunded.

On these occasions and many more, I was not refunded and Etsy did absolutely nothing to help, I tried so much to get in touch with them but never any reply. I was scammed out of about £400, I will never use again.

dc63
6/16/14

I gave a 3 rating because I am not sure based on the reviews. I was looking for places that might be enjoyable to sell my handmade crafts or art, whatever they may be. After spending a year earning to buy my supplies and several months of learning more about my craft, getting supplies and spending several months creating, I must say I am beginning to think "why bother". After reading reviews on Artfire and Etsy and doing all that research as well, it seems to be a waste of my time. There are nothing but bickering reviews and disgruntled buyers and sellers, that may actually be the competition just slamming each other. At any rate, it is nothing but headache. It isn't very inspiring and seems like it is more trouble than it is worth as well as cutthroat people with which I may not want to associate or deal with. Discouraged before I even got started is my review.

christinaf4
6/13/14

Horrible. Etsy has combined my two addresses for some unknown reason. So things I purchase always get returned. I then have to pay extra shipping to get the item. I have tried and tried to fix the problem. Even deleting the bogus address, to no avail.
There is no phone number where you can speak to a person so the problem can never be resolved. Going back to ebay.

pissedo19
6/11/14

My sister got 2 dresses size 8 for my daughter and niece. They couldn't get the dresses past their chest. They were 2 sizes too small so shesent them right back and was told that the dresses were in horrible condition and it's her fault she ordered the wrong dresses even though shehave 2 small 8 year old girls. She took pictures of the dresses balled up and wrinkled up and they were no where near like that when she sent them back. Windmills and Bubbles horrible

katyl1
6/11/14

I left Etsy because of their horrible treatment of sellers and it has continued to get worse since then. I refuse to shop there. They are allowing (not just ignoring, but outright allowing since the beginning of the year) factory made items to be listed as handmade, which is nothing short of a scam. There's other sites where I KNOW what I am buying is truly handmade and I stick to those.

leannel
6/10/14

I ordered an iPhone 5S phone case from one seller.. who ended up sending me an iPhone 4S phone case. The phone case was also very different from the picture shown. Not impressed with this seller/site.

Overall, considering this was a gift for someone, I am very disappointed.

antigonek
6/5/14

This is a bit of a nitpicky review, but I have to say it. Etsy is a great place to find some awesome crafts, but they don't do anything for quality control. its a buyer beware situation...

kristenn1
6/5/14

Etsy does not answer phone calls. They keep taking out money and charging me fees for a shop I closed several months ago. Dont give them any bank account number or debit card information. Dont' sell items here since they do charge miscellaneous fees for a closed account. Nothing was sold, nothing was bought and they keep dipping into my account. Beware. Seriously. You cant get help because they don't answer their phone number or email back.

carr495
5/30/14

when I pleaded for etsy' s help and showed them documentation that their team , so called "trust and safety" says they have read (I have that in writing too). how one of their sellers stole 1212$ on 1/19/14 from me and has been hustling for months now (all in writing and read by etsy so called,"trust and safety" team) now one more day and we are in June, five months the seller has taken over one thousand dollars from me and has been conning me and absolutely refuses to give me my hard earned money back - 1212$ all in writing and read by etsy. etsy does nothing except stand by its seller and to this day that seller is still on the site stealing from good trusting people like me. the only little thing I could do (i thought)is leave the seller a bad rating and write a brutally honest review of my experience not only to let the seller and etsy know that what they are doing to trusting people buyers, who wanted to just pay for goods and got conned and swindled instead it was my one little opportunity to let others know what etsy is really all about= not taking any responsibility for anything at all and totally supporting a seller that to this day that they have written proof of lying, cheating, and stealing from me, and the shop is still up and running. so I leave my review on etsy and then I am informed that my review was removed and there is no other opportunity to leave a review ever again, since: because their 'fight club' rules and regulations are that I cannot write about etsy in any way or even mention their name on the review. the seller also, with etsy's in writing acknowledgment that the seller stole $1212 from me and will not give me my money back and there was never any item in existence, let alone sent, this crooked seller is still protected, no truthful bad reviews allowed, still on etsy's site. I know there were good sellers on etsy. my experience for a brief time was a good one with good small artisans. but please good small artisans: find another venue. etsy is a bunch of thugs that totally stand by any crooked people that blatantly and in writing lies cheats and steals from you. then you can't even give them a bad rating or review. it is really disturbing for me and others to know how horrible and unjust and bullying and crooked they are. etsy is as guilty and maybe even more guiltily of stealing my 1212$ with no merchandise in exchange ever, ever(and written proof of this) just as if not more guilty of stealing my 1212$ as their crooked con artist seller is and this has got to stop and this should not be tolerated. I am happily assisting in generating a class action suit against etsy now. they should not be able to get away with supporting their extremely (in writing) illegal sellers as well as etsy's own extremely unethical and inhumane business practices. buyers, honest good legitimate sellers, potential buyers of any potential etsy stock shares (as all analysts will also be informed of our experiences as well as any pending class action suit against etsy) please all decent honest law abiding ethical people beware, please beware . etsy will not be in business stealing money from people and doing their best to silence people for much longer. time for the truth to come out about etsy.

jb95
5/29/14

I have been selling on Etsy for over a year now and have found it to be a great market place for selling handcrafted Items. As a seller Etsy is what you make of it, if you offer good customer service with a quality in demand product you will be successful.
As a buyer you must be smart about who you purchase from just like you do with any other market place. Check reviews, read policies and contact the seller with questions before your purchase and you'll probably have a good experience as well as a unique product not to be found anywhere else.

christinar7
5/27/14

I purchased stained glass from karenmiles who struck me at first as very helpful... until the product did not arrive. After calling, emailing, trying to get any indication at all, it is six months and I figure it must all be some sort of con. I would NEVER use this site again. As one reviewer put it, you are on your own if your seller simply disappears as happened to me. I should have never trusted her since she just kept the money and because she kept delaying and delaying (perhaps on purpose) it was long past the period where one can even post a review. Stay away from karenmiles and the etsy or buy at your own risk. It is really disappointing that people pretend to be professionals like this and then act like criminals.

jessicar16
5/24/14

I want to give this site a zero.. But here is why a 3 I have had a few good experiences but recently I had one that is making me consider ever using this
Site again. My boyfriend ordered me a "handmade" print for Mother's Day. The shop owner gave him a timeline of when it would arrive (before Mother's Day) it NEVER ARRIVED. He then contacted the store owner and she stated
It had been mailed and she didn't understand why we didn't get it but would send a new one. Sounds to me like she never mailed it. Another week and half went by and today I received her "handmade" print. She printed something off
Her computer... It's on computer paper. WOW!!! I could not have been more disappointed. If I were you I would NEVER order from COLORSANDMORECOLORS

joeyb23
5/19/14

As a seller its a NITEMARE!!!! They treat you like S#@t and you can not get a reply out of them when you email them with a problem but when they want you for something its a different matter, they are straight on your case. I really don't understand why they do this? Customer is the main priority to run a business and they just haven't got a clue! Very Very Very poor :(

nicl4
5/17/14

I HATE THIS SITE!!!! I email etsy support to solve my problem but no one answer my email .......... I always email them almost everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

dorfamf
5/10/14

I use Etsy on a regular basis and I have never had any issue with the site or the service. I love all he variety available.

hs26
5/8/14

I used to be addicted to ETSY, now I've had it. I had wonderful experieces until recently. I've had two horrible expereices where sellers take advantage and ETSY sides on the seller, not to buyer, whom makes them the money BTW! I've had it with that website and will not be on there again, NEVER!

Best Art Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber