US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

niconal

We have loved everything we've ordered and received great customer service from all sellers on this site. (in 63 reviews)

athenae

(so no seller can steal your money without a punishment, and so no one does.)
(in 247 reviews)

norap7

There is NO phone number or CSR behind ETSY, just an automated email that everyone gets if a complaint is sent. (in 18 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

naeemb1
2/6/16

I totally got swindled!! I bought a scarf before xmas. (I mth prior) didn't receive it. The seller Freshcomfy on ETSY said they shipped it. However no tracking number, etc. It was shipped to Canada from overseas. I request the customs form which should accompany the package. No such form was provided. If you ship UPS or Fed Ex or even a credible postal service you can have tracking to see where exact the package is. This package never made it to Canada. I doubt it was ever shipped. In the end this vendor FRESHCOMFY showed Etsy complaint department a photo of a box with my address. Very easily fabricated by the vendor who is allegedly committing fraud. ETSY accepted this photo (who takes a photo of a envelop before sending) the tracking by UPS is the only thing I would deem impartial and acceptable in this case. Notwithstanding ETSY accepted this and closed the file.. no refund, no followup.. I was blocked from commenting. Other customers have filed similar complaints on third party sites like this.. ETSY allows vendors to defraud customers.. stay away..beware.

honord1
2/6/16

I've seldom bought from etsy over the years, however, have noticed that recently in the past 5 years or so the site has been attracting china-made bulk lot garbage that can be easily purchased in a dollar store. The site used to be very particular about who and what is allowed to be sold, but no more. It's anything-goes for their bottom line. If I shop online I'll visit a retailer who has a confirmed history of honesty and forthrightness. Add to that I'll research the item first before buying from anyone. If it's a new site I'm interested in, then the research includes BBB and Consumer Affair complaints and reviews not to mention any FTC consumer grievances.

barbarat44
2/5/16

I will never use Etsy again. I had a problem with a cutting board I received as a gift. It was rough and full of splinters after one use. The seller suggested I sandpaper it and condition it which I did (at a $20 expense) and still it was splintery. Etsy would not step in to solve because they said it was used! Well, duh that is the problem - it can no longer be used. It went right in the garbage and my son paid almost $60 for it. I felt terrible for my son and I hope the seller goes out of business - they are so unprofessional!!! The name of the seller is SugarTreeGalllery...dont buy from them!!

samj74
2/3/16

Etsy is set up to support the worst kind of individuals who can't cut life in the real world of business. It attracts the mentally ill who have no business being a business and don't even have a business license, or can even be looked up online. This so called business is the worst I've ever encountered.

Buyer beware of Jay's Religious Gifts. this psychotic individual who actually has the audacity to sell sacred, holy, religious materials. I have never felt so scammed in my life. In a time of need in my life I tried to purchse a sacred, holy Saint to get me through this tough time. After a week and merely creating a shipping label and lying to say it was shipped, I asked for a refund. The seller continued to lie and say they had shipped it. Then for some psychotic reason I don't understand, shipped it and continued their lie.

Fast forward, eventually the seller told me not to contact them again, which etsy reiterated to me. What?!?! The seller lied the entire time and Etsy sided with them. Also, after I left my feedback, the psycho continued to insult and demean me, I guess I just needto take it.

I have had to dispute the charge on my debit card and file a BBB complaint. Waiting for resolution. I will NEVER subject myself to another psycho pretending to be a professional or real business owner. Never again Etsy.

lisaw156
1/29/16

Ordered a tshirt in December 2015 from MiaBows / April Brewer, for my grandsons birthday in February, here it is the weekend of his party and she has never confirmed my order, replied to an email around middle of January with an excuse and has not had the courtesy to reply or follow up again so now I'm out a shirt and $30.00 and this was my first and last Etsy order.

michaelg198
1/22/16

If you buy on Etsy, you'd better hope that your goods arrive, and in the condition you expect, because they will not offer you any recourse with the merchant. I have been trying to get refunded for an advent calendar I ordered on Nov 20, 2015. It's not Jan 21, 2016, still haven't received it. The merchant won't refund me until I return the goods -- how can I do that if I haven't received them? Etsy says they can't do anything because I ordered via Paypal, I have to take up the refund with them. So what's Etsy doing here, besides sitting in the middle and taking a cut? It's definitely not customer service -- between opening an inquiry on the site, and talking with someone on the phone, Etsy has done nothing to help. I guess I am just out the money until the merchant decides to refund me, if that day every comes.

robinp39
1/21/16

I love this site. Everything I order is well made and looks amazing. I have ordered everything from handmade cards to clothes to coffee mugs to jewelry. I am kept up to date on the things I order and if I want to change something last minute I never have a problem. I also make a lot of custom orders that come out exactly the way I want. I can't get enough of this site and its vendors.

paulac38
1/20/16

Everything I have bought on this site has been thrown into the trash. The vintage is in horrible condition, the handmade is made of cheap materials. Disliked everything I purchased on it. All the sellers get their start on ebay and then move over to etsy to try to make more money. Dislike the look of the site. Can't stand the bad photos. Can't stand most of what is sold on it. Was unhappy with everything I bought on it. Stay away from this site.

debbiey4
1/18/16

I ordered the bad m***** F***** Napa Italian leather wallet for my husband's anniversary I'm so pleased with the quality, spend the extra money rather than the 20/35 $ imitations! Esty thank you very much. They even gift wrap =) Debbie Young Georgia

daniell786
1/14/16

before I purchased the item, I was not told it would take 3 weeks to shipped. This gift was meant to be a gift to some one till now I haven't yet got the item, it's very frustrating there is no point in even getting it now.

kav78
1/6/16

Hey all,

I wanted to relay my experience buying from Mia Von Mink (on etsy)

It was expensive for the shipping, and on the item that I bought (a small
fascinator) it turns out the items actual postage was only half what the total cost was,
when I saw the costing stamps on the packaging.

The item was quite expensive, and looked lovely in the images on etsy, but
is actually quite tacky and does not reflect the price I paid, I
complained & requested a return I was subjected to an unprofessional
response, which when I tried to defuse & request my return, the owner
responded harshly saying some extremely unkind things to me.

I have never experienced anything like this from buying anything online, and apologise as
I know its not a positive post, but I wanted to relay & spare any of you the
same dissapointment, given the importance of these things at such a precious
time.

(I admit I should have read the rest of the reviews on etsy before my
purchase, we live and learn!)

charlied31
1/2/16

Opened up a "case" on the website requesting a refund back in mid November.Was told I had been issued a full refund and the case was closed by one of their admins. It is now January and have been in touch numerous times, I have received slow replies and still no refund.

Tip for consumers: Not worth the hassle.

veronicas39
12/29/15

I've bought 2 things off etsy and each time had fast, courteous service and got exactly what I paid for. As a consumer you have to look at the SELLER. Whenever you buy online it's a bit of a risk, especially person-to-person and not from an established company, but if you take some care you should be ok.
Think of it like this- are you looking for something almost completely unique or something you can't/ haven't found elsewhere? If yes, give etsy a shot.

Tip for consumers: Do your research. Only buy from sellers with well written (i.e proper English) reviews. Make sure they have real, multiple photos of the product. If they have only have one or two items, consider buying from someone more established.

guillermov1
12/29/15

I was entering products in etsy, almost the same products that i previously
reserched in their website. Most of the products in etsy are not handmade, so they let me post my products and i paid up fromt like $80.00 in posting fees. Like two weeks after i posted some products they terminated my account saying that my products were not suitable for etsy. I replied to them that my products were the same at the one they allowed other people to sell. They replay that my products were "very commercial" (my product is body piercing) that not defer much of other. in the website. After various requestes to be reinstalled or at least reimburse my money, they said No. They also tried to intimidate me saying that " Please do not open any new accounts as they will be closed without notice" "This message is a private conversation between you and Etsy. Please respect this confidentiality and refrain from distributing this communication without permission from Etsy" They did not returned my money. and probably I needed their permission to post this review!!

gregoryz2
12/26/15

Ordered a tee shirt for my grandson on Nov 21 from Trustworthy Tees through Etsy. Sight said tee was in stock and turn around time was 5-10 business days. Etsy billed my credit card Nov 23 but didn't respond to any email until I said I was going to contest the charge. Trustworthy Tees has not responded to anything. Xmas is over and so is my patience. Disputed the charge today and they can keep the shirt.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site.

nancym62
12/23/15

When I shop, I love to find unique and one-of-a-kind items. That can be almost impossible in the world of local retail unless I want to spend a lot of money for things. I stumbled upon etsy when I wanted to get new handcrafted numbers for the front of my house. From there, I have ordered jewelry, clothing, home decor, and accessories. It's like one huge arts and crafts fair. You simply type in what you are searching for and chances are, someone offers whatever it is you need.
The site itself is easy to navigate. If you see something you like, you can "favorite" either the item or the shop itself. There are options to contact various shops. Each time I have done that, I have received a response within hours, sometimes minutes.
Many vendors offer custom orders as well as special discounts if you "like" their facebook pages or even if you just request a deal. Last week, I asked 2 vendors if a discount was available and received 15% off from one vendor and free shipping from another.
There is an etsy app available which is also easy to use. From the app, you can access just about anything. I have mine set up to send me notifications whenever something has been delivered or if I have a message from a seller.
I have never used an etsy gift card but know they are available.
Most of the packages I have received come wrapped as if they are gifts. . . colorful tissue, ribbon, and even little surprises. Just this week, I received a scarf and included was a hand-crocheted snowflake.
I realize that my personal experiences from using the site are just that, my experiences. I have been lucky to "meet" wonderful vendors. Shipping has always been fast and any time I've requested a custom order, the experience was flawless.

katf3
12/23/15

I purchased an engagement style ring from MichaelShea Diamonds through their Etsy site. I believe they are physically based in Las Vegas. The ring on their Etsy site featured computer-generated type images of an engagement-style ring done in CZ and white gold, with a cushion-cut center stone held high in prongs above the ring's shanks which had channel set round stones. I ordered this ring to wear while I travel, because of my fear of losing my pricey real engagement ring. The ring arrived and is ugly and not functional.
The center stone looks completely fake. It has to be one of the worst imitation diamonds I have seen. It has a positively BLUE cast to it and a very shallow cut. No one in their right mind for a second would believe it's a diamond.
The center stone's prongs are squatty and short, causing the center stone to be inadequately elevated above the shank...this causes the center stone to sit too low in the design to be placed next to a wedding ring. I tried to seat this ring next to THREE different bands I own, and it won't sit flush next to any of them due to the poor design. The center stone is placed too low in the design and pushes against any band placed next to it, leaving an unsightly gap. How can you sell this as an "engagement" ring when you know the design doesn't allow you to wear it next to a band?
I contacted Shelia at Michael Shea and she will not work with me at all, not in any way, shape, or form. She is standing on the premise that this was a "custom" design and that there is nothing they can/ will do about it. I ordered the item right off of their page and other than choosing my size, did not "customize" it in any way. The product's description is a striking 720 words long, and buried in there, are the words "custom order." Therefore, apparently I have ordered a custom product, and even though it's a poor quality and a terrible design, I am out over $500 for it.
I opened a claim with Etsy which just involved another messaging argument back and forth with the same person, and resulted in nothing.
I cannot believe that this company would refuse to offer SOMETHING in the way of a concession credit, refund, or offer for a different product. They are content to continue to sell garbage product and hide behind their "this was a custom order" policy. Incidentally, their "return policy," if you read it, is most generous...obviously because they never have to use it. If they note in their verbose product descriptions that your order is "custom," their "generous" return policy is null & void.
PLEASE don't buy from them. Their designs, in my experience, are poor, and their customer service is even worse.

Tip for consumers: Be EXTREMELY careful if you order from Michael Shea. Double check the product description to see if it says "custom." You may be ordering a "custom" design when you have no idea it's being considered such, and if the product quality is poor, you will be stuck with it.

dreannam
12/16/15

Ordered 3 items...love everyone...delivery time was great...One item took longer to get, because it came from Australia...
I highly recommend..

randye13
12/16/15

They have unscrupulous sellers and their policies do not protect the buyer.

I purchased an item from one of their sellers who is apparently not in business. They took purchase money and there is no way to contact them. This was a gift, I was not aware it wasn't received until beyond the 60 day policy window.

A thief is a thief, and the fact this out of business seller is still on their website should tell you a lot about Etsy!

stacyl42
12/13/15

I had convo messaged ModDotTextiles Nov 20/15 regarding a custom case for my Lenova Laptop. The seller Hope Shively responded quickly and we exchanged several messages confirming what I wanted. (She even sent me pictures of fabric swatches to pick from). Nov 23/15. She sent me a message confirming my order choice and told me she would make the case in the specified style and size (and would send me a picture of a lanyard I was wanting also)sample that night. This was the last time I had heard from her. I sent several messages asking for an invoice and even messaged her my payment information along with my address. ( this was a time sensitive order as it was a Christmas gift for my daughter). I have messaged her everyday asking what what was going on, she has not responded to any of them. This morning I went on my convo list as I wanted to screen shot the feed for this review. She has removed our interaction all together. I contacted Etsy they told me there was nothing that they can do. It would seem that Etsy protects the buyer and if you enter into a verbal agreement without actually exchanging money there is no way to leave a review. So BEWARE Etsy shop people know you can't place a review on their shop if transaction wasn't complete. Also have found out that even if you do get to write a review a shop owner can delete. So negative feedback will never be seen by any potential customer. ModDotTextiles has beautiful times. However shop owner Hope Shively is unprofessional, with zero customer service!

lauraw74
12/12/15

I have been attempting for six consecutive months to contact the seller who has never shipped my order worth thousands of dollars, and despite the fact that I have sought Etsy's assistance for this issue, they responded weekly and sided with the scammer seller. The seller insulted me right in front of them and they did not react at all. If you value your own money and do not have any to waste, please do not feed them to scammers on this website.

Tip for consumers: Please avoid buying on Etsy at your best! You will get scammed and customer service won't ever respond to your emails.

melissaj34
12/12/15

Awful customer service and products from CY studio designs.

My complaint: I recently purchased a necklace for my daughter and the heart charm was tinted gold and the lettering was rusty. I am not satisfied with the product at all.

CY Design Studios response: That's a stainless steel charm - think kitchen sink, there is no reason for it to turn. Perhaps it was exposed to humidity or something during shipping? Can you try polishing / buffing with a cloth? It should be bright silver.

karina87
12/8/15

ordered a tee shirt for a holiday party. it never even shipped, even after I asked for a tracking number. Called Etsy, they really didn't care. First and LAST time I order from them

laurieb24
12/8/15

I had a problem with getting delivery of an item I purchased from Amy Glick and Etsy seller. After Ms. Glick informed me she could not ship the item because of 'car trouble' and had not heard from her for almost a week I told her I wanted to cancel the order. I received am incredible verbal insults abuse from Ms. Glick, all delivered over the Etsy message system. After a couple of days of this Ms. Glick provided Etsy ( not me) with a tracking number. She had apparently shipped the item a day or so before told her I no longer wanted it. Etsy says if tracking shows it is delivered they will close the case. BEWARE, ACCORDING TO ETSY YOU CANNOT RETURN AN ITEM WITHOUT AN EXPRESS AGREEMENT IN WRITING WITH THE SELLER. Etsy protects the seller so buyer beware.

camilleo3
12/7/15

Last Christmas my niece, who is med school, wanted an "anatomically correct" silver heart on a chain. I guess she knew these necklaces existed - I did not. I searched on line and discovered Etsy. I found her silver heart, ordered it pretty close to Christmas and received it in time to mail it to my niece. It was anatomically correct from my perspective :Q haha. She loved it and her classmates admire it. I recommend Etsy - they have many very creative gift options and respond quickly.

rons71
12/7/15

I ordered 6 t shirts, almost $19 for S&H! This amount doesnt show up until the last screen , just before the order is placed.

valh12
12/5/15

Last night I bought and paid for a pattern for a babies sleepsack. I have downloaded it but cannot access it. What a waste of money shall not be using etsy again.
when I typed in Purchases and Reviews all I got was a discussion on the new purchase site. There is no more to help. What a rubbish site.

kingk21
12/4/15

Etsy is checking every account in a household. my daughter had a shop on etsy and she was doing some business and making money so other Family members decided to open their shops on etsy too to sell similar items. so etsy suspended all the accounts saying you can't have more than one account because it overlaps the information. we sell printed t-shirts from home so our address is same IP address is same because we use each other's computers and printer so when Etsy asked to shut down all the accounts and keep only one, they created a problem in family relation. no one wanted to close the account because everyone love to create, sell and make money. now my wife and daughter are mad with me because i am asking them to close their shops. i am the one who invested the money on most of the items. and do most of the work.each of us was doing one job like one was taking care of all the orders from everyone's shop and save them in their folders and printing the labels, and using one paypal account for payments, other was doing the printing and designing and the third was buying the supplies and going to post office for shipping. i don't know what to do. we have invested a lot of money and sold a lot of shirts.accounts are still suspended. and there is no other way to take care of this problem. if anyone knows the solution please reply.
thanks

juliar34
11/26/15

Hey look at what I got for this thanksgiving.. I love my mother and I thought to thank her for her love. That’s why without telling her I ordered “Statement Cuff Bracelet” from etsy’s online store “footsoles24”
It’s a handmade item, so it looks more beautiful. The more I see it, more I get influenced to it.
I got it at 15% discount of $33.92 & it is adjustable in size. Today I am gonna give it to her and I feels like - she surely love to have it. Isn’t it amazing - yeah it is…

lisam229
11/25/15

I received a shipment from Sally Sloane recently and was thrilled with the merchandise. It looks even better in my home than on the website. I'm thrilled I found her website and it was very easy to navigate and order. Every item was carefully wrapped and arrived promptly.
Can not recommend her stones and jewelry highly enough. I hadn't spoken to Sally in decades and it was wonderful to reconnect with such a talented and kind friend.

sandyg34
11/24/15

I ordered an iPhone 6+ case going on almost 2 weeks now, nothing so far. I check their order status, item was at the post office yesterday, today still no delivery! I don't care about the post office however I will NEVER order anything from Etsey again Bc you can't get through to them! Etsey takes Your & in a flash but if there is an issue you get lots of drop down menus that do nothing! Stick with EBay where they give a damn about their customers!!!

margeryr
11/23/15

I love Etsy, I can spend HOURS on it, browsing product after product. Just like any other online marketplace, you have to be careful who you buy from, but that's the case with all marketplaces, isn't it? ... I think it's so great that Etsy gives hand-made products such a big platform. in a world of top fashion brands and huge hypermarkets, etsy is unique

jessicas118
11/21/15

One particular store, TangerineCircus sold me two extremely shoddy cell phone cases that have all but fallen apart in less than 2 months. And according to etsy's policies, I can't alter the rating, I can't edit my review, and I can't file a complaint because it broke too late. This is ridiculous. This just encourages sellers to make stuff JUST GOOD enough to pass etsy limits of compaint filing.

michellet64
11/18/15

I have purchased 80+ items on etsy and this is the first time I have ever had an issue. The seller I had issues with was collegeprojewelry. My husband tried to surprise me with a pandora charm only to find out the charm was fake or counterfeit. They said the charm is a replica. which took me 10 minutes of googling to figure out a "replica" is code word for NOT REAL. His name is Chris Moshinskie and with a little google search again, it lead me to his rap sheet of being a habitual thief. Which makes perfect sense considering he sell these fake items on etsy. I am not worried about losing $10 on this charm, more concerned that 100s of others have the same issue. What a scum bag.

mirab18
11/18/15

Ive been trying to get some sort of response from Etsy after trying for a month now to get my money back from an etsy seller who charged my card, never sent me what i paid for and wont bother to respond to any of my emails. since the "call back" feature seems to diabled. all ive gotten are automated responsenses and one pre-scripted email from an admin who offered no help at all. in fact, it seems like im the one being treated as though i did something wrong and am nothing more than an annoyance to the company. there was a "case opened" over a week ago, to which nothing has happened with. and now im told that someone will check back in with me in a week, and that i need to give the seller time to respond. I should not to give this THEIF anymore time to ignore me, while they have my money in their bank account. the fact that etsy supports these theives is just as bad. At this point, the monetary value is nothing... the fact that i have been ignored while an esty seller has stolen from me makes me livid. i will never use this site again for anything. Their busniess practices are completely backwards, they make it impossible to communicate with anyone there, even when the law is being broken

jenb21
11/16/15

Amazing finds, great prices, what a brilliant site.

rachaels17
11/13/15

I read reviews after placing an order with Etsy so was a bit worried. I shouldn't have. The order was a personalised dinosaur cake topper & it arrived quickly. It was exactly what I ordered & looked great!

jeanw16
11/11/15

I bought an item which cost hundreds of dollars and the first time I used it-it broke. I returned it to the seller and have been waiting months for a refund. Opening a case with Etsy and it is a joke. It's just you and the seller arguing back and forth and every week or two an Etsy administrator chimes in with some random response that has nothing to do with what you're talking about. They claim they have nothing to do with the transaction and that they can't make buyers/sellers give refunds, etc. YET they take a portion of the costs and make millions if not billions off of the site so SURELY they have some type of liability. But nope! They had behind legal mumbo jumbo and basically say they just bring sellers and vendors together. Both buyers and sellers should be very cautious. If you happen to get screwed like I did...Etsy suddently has nothing to do with it. Also, don't even try to say anything negative on their boards or forums. They quickly take it down citing "confidentiality" rules even if you don't mention any vendors/sellers names. Coincidentally, this confidentiality rule does not apply if you're praising them or a vendor/seller. How convenient! I'm out $400 and have nothing to show but months of headache and a waste of my time/money.

gianpaolov
11/10/15

1 or 2 days after opening an account, it was deactivated.
I had to contact them to figure out what was going on.

Their reply was that [an account related to this one has been closed] .. so they state that an account related to mine has been closed and so they have closed mine without consulting me and without asking me if I had any connection to it.

They did not refund me what I spent to place for sale items on the Etsy shop.

What kind of organisation does that???
This people have no idea how to run a business and I am really sad with their behavior.

They have definitely lost a very good client because I would have used it for all the products I have considering that I have a new business.

Stay away and use eBay is much safer and much more accurate and at least the customer service talks to you and tries to work things out with you and they refund you the money if for any reason there is a problem. Here they do not care!

patriciab80
11/8/15

Thank you Melissa Maffei The Purse is Like New I love it . And the Nice inside was very Nice

johannav4
10/31/15

I ordered several items through Etsy and I am so happy! You need to read the reviews though per shop before ordening. That is very essential. But it is wonderful that small handwork shops can open a shop there. Unique items!

alicep21
10/30/15

Umm.. Hey guys! I got Silver Oxidized Necklace which is worth $21.90 from etsy “footsoles24“ store. Material used in this necklace are Gemstones, Glass, Synthetic Gemstones, Druzy, Agate.
This is a fabulous orange statement necklace. The necklace is beaded with orange beads and a replica of indian rupee coins of 50 paisa. This is a trendy necklace for awesome style.

suzannea11
10/30/15

I find so many lovely things on Etsy. I am obsessed with scrolling through my homepage and adding all the new and interesting things to my love list. But it's like it purposely is against being user friendly. Certain features would be SO great to have. To be able to list your love list from lowest to highest price. To weed out certain words in your search. Basically all the tools that eBay has in it's advanced search. It's not complicated. Even my local library has a more sophisticated search function. Also, I just purchased a gift card for myself and later read that that for some reason it's against their policy. I have no idea why. My parents gave me their credit card and told me to purchase some Christmas gifts amounting to no more than $200. Getting a $200 gift card seemed like the best way to make use of the funds, since I wouldn't go over budget but I could get the full amount. I read other reviews that said the gift cards took 4-6 hours to be delivered; another person had her account disabled completely. Guess we'll see which it is for me.

lornam2
10/25/15

I was so happy to finally find a v-neck Chiefs shirt for women. I ordered a 2XL. First I was not notified for about a week. Then.....I was notified that it had gone to China! I'm in Texas! When I emailed and questioned the shipping I was assured it would be shipped to me. After a few days more I was told it was in California! About another week and it did make it to my address. This was an early Christmas present. I decided to open it and found it was beautifully made, but about the size of a Youth Large. When I emailed the company they just stated that (to them, I guess) it was a 2XL womens! Totally frustrating to have paid $59.00 and it wouldn't even fit! No more Etsy for me!!!!!!

briannem1
10/21/15

If there is one thing that a lady’s adornment is incomplete without its ornate, it is the bracelets. Bracelets enhance the look of the hands giving it a regal appeal. Brilliant designs and patterns of bracelet for women are available in online portals such as footsoles24
I shopped Personalized Infinity Bracelet from here, which is awesome. Hanging from the infinity is a sterling silver heart charm and Swarovski crystal birthstone in a silver plated frame. This bracelet is 6.5 inches with a 1 inch extender chain. It cost only $31 which makes it a perfect choice for every golden heart. Its a nice shopping experience here.

jennyw28
10/20/15

I sold on Etsy for several years and was a "quit your dayjob" story. I had a 4 ½ star rating and over 2,000 feedback. I got a sudden grouping of complaints and bad reviews because of international shipping delays and customs issues and strikes. They shut my shop down, saying that I had too many complaints and that "I was no longer suitable for their marketplace." Yet they allow re-sellers like Three Birds Nest to stay through MONTHS of horrid feedback and complaints, because it's giving them PRESS. I spent years marketing my site through facebook and pinterest and I have over a thousand pins that can't be re-directed to my own site. Guess where they lead? Back to Etsy. Chad $#*!erson couldn't craft his way out of a paper bag and BOASTS about not having advertise, and the reason is that they ride on the backs of hard working sellers that are doing it all. The backlinks to every sold item will always redirect to Etsy. I was a fool to spend so much time helping THEM, when I could have been building my own website. They have forgotten who their customers are - THE SELLERS - and are now forcing everyone to accept their in house payment methods to get a tighter hold on your business. DO NOT SELL HERE - THEY WILL SCREW YOU. The stock is crashing for a reason.

hamptonb18
10/20/15

Etsy is horrible. Use anybody else, but them.
No customer care.

ellenp5
10/5/15

I had been looking for a small round coffee table for a long time and found an Etsy vendor who had a few things that met my needs so I communicated with the owner of the shop about a custom order to a particular size, with a distressed wood top and industrial legs. I went to Home Depot and got the color of the stain to use and the Rustoleum spray paint for the base. When he sent me a picture of the top, it was waaaaay too much stain. He said it was the color I'd picked. But it didn't look distressed, it looked stained. He said he fixed it, then shipped it before sending me another picture. When I got it it looked like it had in the picture. Waaaaay too much color. I contacted him and asked him to find out what I might do to make it better. It took him two weeks of excuses about grandkids and waiting for information on what to do. I contacted him again and he said he'd used the color I asked, and he would only charge me $100 to fix it if I'd send it back to him (I'd pay for shipping). It took me another few weeks to get up the nerve to just put the thing together, and when I opened up the box of the pedestal, it was the wrong color. I messaged him again just now; he sent me a picture of a Rustoleum can; I sent him a picture of the pedestal pieces which looked nothing like the top of the Rustoleum can. That can of paint had nothing to do with my table base. Some people lie as an excuse for their inability to admit they're wrong. And he keeps telling me he only did what I asked him to.

Tip for consumers: Do not custom order from this vendor.

dorothyd1
10/4/15

After ordering several different items through etsy.com I will not order any more. I did buy some really interesting jewelry from the artist who made them. However, you have to be careful about who you buy from. I found that too many items come from China but are advertised as "craft" or even "handmade". More than disappointing. I ordered a return address rubber stamp. I liked the design and it sounded like it was actually made by a real person, a designer. It arrived lacking a significant piece of information I had requested. Then they wanted to charge me more to fix their error. The 3 lousy letters were added but they look terrible. I would never pay 1/2 of what I did knowing that I was getting a stamp from a template churned out in China and emailed to the company. Very disappointing. I no longer have etsy.com on my ipad because of that and other similar flubs.

lorim43
10/2/15

I ordered invitations and thank you cards for my daughters birthday from a seller. The seller advertises that the file would be sent to me with in 24 hours. Four days later and several emails from me to the seller and nothing. I filed a complaint with Etsy and the seller did write me back saying her computer broke and she would send me the file the next day. Again, I heard nothing. I am still waiting on her. I have a complaint to receive my money back. I then order the invitations from another seller and again, I hear nothing from them. So two orders and no product. They both have my money though. I will NEVER purchase another thing from Etsy again. Such a horrible service.

42 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Etsy staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

10 Photos for Etsy