US Government's NSF

55 Washington St., 5th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Tel: +1.7188557955
press@etsy.com

People interested in Etsy are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

niconal

We have loved everything we've ordered and received great customer service from all sellers on this site. (in 55 reviews)

athenae

(so no seller can steal your money without a punishment, and so no one does.)
(in 213 reviews)

norap7

There is NO phone number or CSR behind ETSY, just an automated email that everyone gets if a complaint is sent. (in 18 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jordand21
7/28/15

Etsy is very poor site! They dont safe byer and seller too! If you have a peoblem like byer and inform them they can not do nothing!!!
If you are seller they want all information about your handmade process and after 2-3 years just suspend your account and dont ask you why.. Then you will see the same shop like yours but from other person.... Very very Bad!!
Stay a way from that poor site!!!

cync13
7/27/15

I have purchased numerous items from great sellers on etsy. They now seem to allow sellers who do not stand by their products, and because these sellers say no refunds, these sellers will sell defective items. Etsy will respond with a "Oh Well" attitude, that's your problem not ours. I purchased a pair of cuff earrings from a shop called Shut Up and Cuff Me. The cuffs were wired so tight they could not be adjusted and no matter how hard I tried they would not go on my ear, cost $50, Seller stated no refund unless defective, basically seller called me a liar and would not even take the earrings back, even though it stated she would remake if she had to. Etsy responded with their "Oh Well" attitude. Unprofessional business practice, in other words "Greed".

farinat
7/27/15

This is by far the WORST website I have ever used! DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!! I ordered party decorations from this website and paid $128. When trying to contact the seller to get a ETA on the order, I received an error message that they are not a valid user on etsy!!!. I tried emailing the seller from my personal email account with no response. Their website sends you around in circles trying to find a contact email or phone number for etsy for some resolution to this. Because I ordered a 3 months before the party, I thought I had ordered in plenty of time, not realzing I am now out $128, have no decorations and no response from the company, Can't even be able to left a review!!. ETSY just close stores, like if they were changing undies. Thank goodness I paid through Paypal and they actually CARE about their customers satisfaction unlike etsy. Most worthless site ever!

cathyl30
7/22/15

I purchased many items from various Etsy shops from Handmade to Vintage such as supplies, jewelry, home decor and clothing and was very pleased with everything. It's a one stop shopping place where I don't have to look further with the most reasonable prices on the web. I love that each shop has their own unique style! I definitely recommend to check out the shops on Etsy!

michelleb99
7/20/15

I have made 3 purchases from sellers and never had any issues. One time an item did not arrive, which was probably the mail's fault to be honest, and the seller sent a new one with a couple of free items to make up for it. Such a nice lady. I love supporting the arts, but often want something specific when there's no craft fair going on, so this site combines the ease of online ordering with handmade and local. Love it!

sallym26
7/17/15

I ordered a Christmas ornament for a 50th wedding anniversary. Patty and I exchanged a ton of emails to get it right. She was wonderfully patient and went out of her way to get it to me on time. I was so impressed. The ornament is lovely and cost the same as a non custom made design.

jimn31
7/17/15

Etsy will allow anyone to sell anything as long as they get their dime.jeanna.etsy.com and just being fabulous are examples.I can only surmise that nothing sold on Etsy can be trusted.

saynar
7/17/15

Customer service is not responsible at all,actually if it exists ! spam items when your are browsing due to irrelevant tags ... waste of time!

giovannym
7/13/15

Ideal to buy handicrafts such as necklaces, earrings, bracelets handmade direct communication with the artisans, reasonable prices, distributed to several countries.
I bought and the quality of materials is good, I will continue buying from etsy.

gloriat9
7/9/15

I'm seriously addicted to this site ! A world of everything at your hand !

toria7
7/3/15

Etsy's team will most likely never reply to you. Before they check to see if the item is actually copyrighted they will close your shop. They have so sense that they are wrong, and you can't reason with them. Never will I buy, or sell on Etsy again.

phylliss10
7/2/15

I had a problem with earrings. Could not find the resource on the Etsy site. They have a web site that does not work for getting help. I will not buy from them again. I feel sorry for the shop owners as there is no one to speak with unless you have the phone no and shop name. BE CAREFUL

karenh77
7/2/15

Just wanted you to know that I have had 8 transactions through you and all but one was beautifully handled and the items were lovely, well made and distinguished. Thank you for being there

sarahs159
6/26/15

Recentely I purchased a hand made doll crafted by artist, Gioconda Pieracci. The purchase came through Esty, and the transaction was very easy. Gioconda couldn't have been a nicer lady, and appreciated my purchase, and my admiration of her artistry. My little doll is beautiful. She is the queen with the Lamb. This doll is so special and lovely in her appearance, that I plan on purchasing another as soon as I can. Hopefully the bride. Sarah Stone.

danielley2
6/18/15

Etsy is a fraud and shut down my shop buyers are scammers etsy I reported you already for this I will also be getting my lawyer since your trying to take money out of my bank account

triciav1
6/16/15

Etsy is now full of copyrighted products,including Banksy designs. Its full of mass produced ítems that sellers claim as their own hand made ítems. Also Etsy were supposed to have banned animal skulls and rabbits hearts livers paws etc the site is full of these ítems. Shame on you Etsy youve basically sold out.

judyw13
6/11/15

My etsy shop is suspended even though I am updated with my payments and they wont tell me why? I can not get in touch with any one from etsy they have no contact information and I have sent emails with no response. My etsy shop is attached to my website so it looks very unprofessional and I have a fashion show coming up and I promote all my sales through my etsy shop

daricec
6/9/15

What an unprofessional company!!! This is a company that doesn't understand its own policies. My shop, called shopMutiara was closed down ruthlessly and without notice. As a result I was unable to access any of my accounts, finances, emails, data, nothing. They closed my account because they say we were reselling rugs. They didn't like that we resold products, even though they are handmade. However, when you look on the Etsy site, the vast majority of busness' listed there as sellers are also reselling merchandise. For example: 'Techsew' sells sewing machines and thread; 'Leatherhome' sells coloured leather goods, 'Ilovebigbuttons' from China sells buttons (I am sure they don't actually make those buttons!), 'CRumpffCollectables' sells iron, factory made products; Bagmakersupply sells items not even handmade, which is another one of Etsy policies, that items must be handmade.

What a mess!!! They close my shop down for not following policy, yet their site is full of selles not following their supposed 'policies' .

Don't ever buy or sell on ETSY!!! If you are a buyer, worst yet is that they will not help you if you ever have a problem with one of the sellers. They closed out one of my clients, when they closed my shop and left them hanging, with no support.

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE TERRIBLE company to work with.

Owner Darice
Mutiara

behzadg
6/7/15

Well , How you guys doing with our money losers? How long I have to wait to get my money? I know you are laughing Because we are a loser .
SHAME of you Etsy , You made money for months from my business. Thousands and Thousands $. You closed my business with no reason. What I did wrong ? why you don't answer my email ? My Questions? Persian carpet are hand made idiot!!.My seven back generation knotting Carpets . Isn't your policy we have to sell hand made items .Why you didnt stop me first day when I was registering? Why you approved my items? Why you were cashing my money if it was wrong business? ? why after 6 Months ?Shame of you SHAME SHAME> How about those are selling Sex toys? Or Sewing machine and Thread ? They are all over your site , So where is your policy ? why not working ? That"s why I call you Thieves. You be sure if I have to take this matter to Wall street or news in public I WILL.....I am very angry to watch your hand are in our pocket Innocent people who they put trust and they believed you, Wonder no one stops you or says anything to you . I am sure time will come and you have to answer and you will go Down .

sheilap10
6/5/15

I was impressed with the prompt shipment. Item wrapped safely so it couldn't get damaged.
The item was more beautiful than I anticipated. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this awesome
Place to shop absolutely everything. I love Etsy. I spend enjoyable hours just browsing. ☺☺☺☺

henrieg
6/3/15

I recently purchased a dress from OriginatedDora. I must pass along how much I love the dress. The shipping time was impressive. I will most definitely be purchasing from this shop again. I did have email interaction with the shop owner and it was most helpful and pleasant. I HIGHLY recommend this shop.

jessicaf22
6/3/15

I have ordered from LINEN CRAFTS, Bedsheets & Towels, in the colors violet lavender (Bedding) and lavender bent (towels). They where delivered in a timely manner and good quality of the fabric, only the colors did not match the online pictures and the official description of these colors at all. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavender_(color) According the color scheme on wiki the delivered color of the bedding can be described as "Twilight lavender" and the color for the towels is "old lavender". - So I got in touch with the shop but as they refused all responsibility and reimbursement or exchange of the item I have filed a case with ETSY. The only thing ETSY did was asking for evidence in photos which I provided accordingly. Now they ask for even%

Tip for consumers: Never order anything without letting them send the sample in the color of your choice!!! If you like dark & dull colors, this is the place to go. If you need friendly customer CARE - don't go there at all.

barbaram69
6/1/15

I recently bought a fit bit bracelet from Etsy. After less than a week the black pearls are already starting to peel and it's very very hard to insert the fit bit into the bracelet. I think I actually damaged my fit bit in trying to do it. Will not buy another one.

nh56
5/27/15

Etsy used to be a wonderful site for handmade goods or vintage pieces. No longer! They now have new "rules" that allow sellers to advertise mass produced goods as "handmade." I bought a cup for a friend that was advertised as handmade. When it arrived, I was shocked to find an imprint on the bottom that said "Made in China." When I complained, Etsy responded that the seller was actually in compliance with their new rules because she "designed" the standard looking coffee mug and wrote the quote on the side! It took me a lot of time and energy to get my money refunded and I have never bought another thing on Etsy. I hear their stock is tanking and it's no wonder -- the Emperor has no (handmade) clothes!

dmrp
5/26/15

I used to love Etsy and spent a lot of money buying there but I got defrauded through it and Etsy didn't help at all. I bought a product from its vendor 'JRyanDesign' but the vendor never delivered it nor refunded my money and Etsy said that it couldn't help because I haven't complained on time. In fact, the vendor is still allowed to sell through Etsy. Needless to say I was very disappointed and closed my account since I don't feel safe buying there any more. Others beware, you may not be as protected as you think.

shirinr
5/26/15

I purchased (2) 6-foot dining tables from Buehlerfurniture thru Etsy for $1530.00. Initially, communications with the seller were professional. When the order arrived, one table slightly slumping and the other table was perfect. I reached out to the seller to ask if it would get worse, we were disappointed but could live with it. He promised it would not get worse. 2 months later its ridiculous, slumping, pathetic, bowed table looks awful, much much worse. I reached out to the seller to replace the table and the seller stopped responding. I reached out to Etsy to help with the seller and they gave the excuse that it was past the dispute time window even tho the seller promised the table would not get worse. I am so disappointed by the customer service, lack of ethics, professionalism and quality of product from this seller and Etsy.
I used to love Etsy. This experience was very negative.

joeg64
5/26/15

They are thieves and liars. I ordered something from them and they sent the wrong item and when I tried to contact them about it, they refused to call or write me back. Everyone should beware of this website because it is a scam website.

richardk51
5/19/15

Order never sent...refused to respond to request for phone call..No way to contact them by phone directly.

fuckt
5/18/15

This is a great site for artisans and suppliers a like. I sell supplies and in less then 1 years time I have made over $7000 USD doing so and have had 1000 sales. I have only had great buyers as of so far. Because of this site I have been able to quit my 9 to 5 and instead make my passion my fulltime gig. Many other people i know have done the same.

If you would like to check out my shop here is the link https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/RedStarSupplies

If you want to try it out for yourself, please use this link. It will give us both 40 free listings, that way you can know if the platform works for you without paying money.

ericaa10
5/18/15

Don't not go with esty! Customer service is extremely rude my sash took an extremely long time to be delivered. Therefore, didn't have it for graduation.

ellenm21
5/13/15

This website has waaaaaaaaaaay too many sellers on it and not enough buyers. Most of the sales come from other sellers. It's a complete waste of time.I have been selling on there for the last five year and though I have seen some profits and made numerous improvements to my shop over the years, still not enough to make it worth my time. I sell vintage and wish I had never started. I get low ball best offers from buyers. Everyone on it is trying to get something for nothing. You can't buy on it either because they will send you something awful even though it looked great in the photo. I say stay enough.

melindae2
4/29/15

From the excellent website photos, I expected beautiful jewelry. What I had not anticipated was the exquisite packaging. Every detail of the gift bag, gift-wrapped jewelry box, a label were particularly taseteful. Of course, upon opening these, the treasures were everything promised by the website.

lg29
4/24/15

I place my order on a Friday from a particular seller and paid for faster delivery. That Monday she messages me saying she had no mailing address, which is impossible. After going back and forth, she cancelled my order without asking first, and I never received my product. VERY DISSATSFIED, WILL NEVER USE AGAIN.

jareda2
4/24/15

ALL T-SHIRTS ARE PROFESSIONALLY SCREEN PRINTED AND ARE ONLY$9!
THEY ALSO SELL SWEATSHIRTS,LONG SLEEVES,TANK TOPS, HOODIES AND AMERICAN APPAREL!

cecilem5
4/21/15

I ordered a pair of 1965 penny earrings and they were shipped immediately, the presentation box and care information were so helpful. The nicest pair of small earrings ( a gift from Blue Willow) came in the same shipment, which were perfect for my granddaughter's birthday next month. I highly recommend this artist and her prompt delivery. I give her 5 stars!

patriciam56
4/12/15

I'm very pleased with the service super quick and exactly what I wanted. Can't wait to start mailing my invitations

shurouqa
4/7/15

The service is awesome and nicely done very fast service!
Totally recommend !

tracyc43
4/6/15

I absolutely love how this website has such a huge variety of creative goods! I also love that it encourages people to not only become entrepreneurs if they've ever thought about trying it, but that it also encourages people to buy locally and support individual artists.

As someone who has a shop on Etsy (Atomik Cupcake Designs), I do find that Etsy can be somewhat costly when you're first starting up. It costs 20 cents per listing on Etsy, and they stay up for four months or until the item is purchased, at which point it can be renewed for the same price. The site also takes a small percentage of the profit from your item, so it's good to know all this and plan accordingly. However, it is a great website to get your product out there because Etsy is relatively popular, and there is real potential for success if you have the right products and a little elbow grease!

lucil36
4/4/15

Couldnt have asked for any better then this! Great customer service! Very nice and friendly! And got my invitation sooner then expected! Happy customer!

hollyrosee
4/1/15

I tired to order "handmade parasol" from https://www.etsy.com/shop/TenebraeSancta I received a conformation email and then waited for my package and I waited...and I waited but it just never came I contacted her and she said she didn't know what had happened so she would make another one and ship it out which I thought was very suspicious, why would you not look into it if you had put all that work into it. So she said that she sent it out, by this time the etsy guidelines stating the returning and contacting of the customer service time frame had passed. Over 6wks later and it still didn't come. I contacted customer service and they were SO helpful. They told me it had never actual been shipped out so even though it was past the date of getting my refund they contacted the shop owner and I got all of my money back! It was almost a $100 so I was really freaking out this lady had run off with it. The woman I spoke to was very patient with me and understanding. Great customer service.

As for the website. I LOVE IT. You can find so many creative items you would never find anywhere else. I found a vintage nightmare before Christmas tee and fell in love with it. Theblackcatcloset is one of my favorite shops I've order from her a few times. Lovely vintage goth Jewlery. There is something for everyone. There are just some really shady shops, you have to be careful.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you check out the sellers reviews and sales before you make purchase.

denisev5
4/1/15

I have had 4 sales on my Etsy shop. I would consider it a success since it is a new shop. I have of the 4 sales had to refund 2 because of problems dealing with check out. This last time I got a message that my item sold but that I did not receive the money. How can that even happen? I emailed customer service to ask just that and got no reply. The customer really wanted the item and needed it right away so I finally had them send me the money via Paypal and shipped them the item. Now I will probably get a ban but looks like Etsy is fairly a joke anyway.

Tip for consumers: I would suggest finding another shop or at least a back up.

paulinec12
3/19/15

Due to misguided information and rude and unprofessional behaviour of SHERATON on the falls Management team. During my stay on February 14th 2015 my family and I booked two rooms for two days. In addition, we received two breakfast vouchers per day that can be used during our stay, however I have been billed for breakfast where I used two breakfast vouchers per day. I called SHERATON on the falls to explain that the bill presented to me must be discharged since I presented breakfast vouchers to the restaurant staff for free breakfast. A call was then returned by the assistant general manager who had informed me that there will be no refund because " I should know better ". From my previous visits to SHERATON on the falls, there has been several changes made with their services, but I strongly believe that it is not up to me to know everything that is being changed at the Sheraton and if I was given two vouchers per day from the front deck attendant, they are the ones who should know better since its their responsibility to give out the right information. explaining to the assistant general manager that it wasn't fair to be billed for breakfast that I had vouchers for, the assistant general manager went even further and said that he will cancel all my upcoming stays at the Sheraton on the falls because I am not satisfied with their services. It is to my understanding that recurring customers are to be treated with more care as they are the ones who are constantly attending the hotel and speaks highly about the services that is being received. With the rude and unprofessional behaviour of the assistant general manager, I feel that I am not being treated as a customer especially since he is trying to neglect a valued customer by telling me he is going to cancelled all my upcoming stays with Sheraton on the falls. The staff at Sheraton on the falls need to be properly trained on knowing the changes so incidents like this one won't occur and if mistakes like this continue to happen, the staff are the one who should be held accountable and not the customer. To continue the assistant general manager should also rethink his strategy with dealing with customer since I str felt he was trying to expel me as a customer. once again, I do appreciate the service that Sheraton on the falls have given my family, but if I have to pay for breakfast that I hav received free vouchers for and treated like a I valued person then I do not feel comfortable to ever return to the Sheraton on the falls.

Tip for consumers: Be very careful to check credit card statement

wonge4
3/19/15

It was exactly what I asked for! The details on the dress are amazing. It looks exactly like the picture. They did a great job at getting the dress to me in a timely manner.

senais
3/17/15

I ordered five different things from five different sellers. Two of the items (the expensive ones) didn't look anything at all like the pictures that were posted online. And one item was never shipped. That's basically stealing. I'm currently having a hard time getting anyone to help with a refund. Don't waste your time or money!

Tip for consumers: Stay Away!

honeste
3/16/15

This is the first time I ever encountered this problem!!! I bought an item from VACHETA on etsy but I did not recieve my item! There were a few 5 stars reviews so I thought it was a good seller. At least that's what I thought! At the time my order was supposed to arrive, it didn't! I was a bit confused, thinking there might be a delay in immigrations or customs. The next day, I went on the VACHETA shop and looked at the reviews. And LO AND BEHOLD! The item I bought is reviewed on the day it supposed to arrive!!!! I'm also not Korean!!!! But the last few words are in korean. I did not review the item as I was the only one that knows I bought the item. I'm very furious and filed a report to etsy. Hope they can respond soon.

franw4
3/16/15

I recently purchased some leather goods from Lockaloos Leather and I love each one. I purchased the I pad cover, key fob and mouse pad and they are so pretty. All the pieces I purchased are so well made, so soft and smell so good. I give this craftsman a 5 stars rating!!! I will surely purchase more items from Lockaloos Leather in the near future. Thank you!!!

Tip for consumers: You won't be disappointed! You can not beat the shipping charge, I've never seen it so low on any other site! It shipped out in less than 5 days and was the easiest site I've ever used to order anything on line!!! 100 per cent pleased all the way around!!

shirleym32
3/15/15

I love to sell on Etsy. They are so helpful and it is so easy. The fees are affordable and the shops look great. There are great groups to help promote your shop. It is a delight to be part of the Etsy community.

I also love buying there all the great handmade items and old vintage items in all the different stores. Just overall a great place.

Tip for consumers: Know you are buying from different individuals and some in different countries. Read the descriptions, ask questions and enjoy buying on Etsy.

If you are selling you will love it, give it a try, it is a great place to sell.

reznam
3/14/15

Terrible site. The Etsy support team SUCKS. My shop was suspended for inaccurate/false reasons since DECEMBER 2014 and they will not write back to my emails. They ignore me on Twitter @Etsyhelp. NO HELP AT ALL. You cannot be a business owner or be successful with this site if all they do is close real handmade shops and keep the mass product shops up. The Etsy admins have the power over artisans that have a shop on the site. They promote about becoming entrepreneurs and building your own business . But how can any of us do that if there is no help? We spent a lot of time, money and dedication to our shops and for them to just go around and shut stores down for false reasons they will not take accountable for is just heart breaking. These Etsy Admins have the power to destroy or help build our future, our lives are based on there decisions to have us live our dream.
You can go to the office in brooklyn and they will lie to you and tell you they can't help you there when you SEE the admins walking in.

Tip for consumers: Do not sell on this site if your an artisan, It has happened to me and many others.

jenc16
3/14/15

I purchased a watch from DOWOODwatch for my partner for Christmas. It arrived damaged, and was cheaply made. I contacted the seller and was told to ship it back and that I would get a full refund. I have done this, and am now out of pocket for the watch, additional shipping and the seller is not responding. I tried to report the seller, who seems to no longer be on the website. I can't even get Etsy on the phone. Anyone who is thinking about buying from them should have a look at the laundry list of complaints about them on the Better Business Bureau website. If you plan to buy from them, just be aware that you may be on your own if the product isn't what you think it is.

markb185
3/12/15

NO RETURN POLICY. BROKEN OR NOT AS PICTURED. WHAT A SCAM.

Tip for consumers: READ ALL FINE PRINT FOR ETSY AND THE SELLER.

20 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Etsy staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Hi, I just found the etsy website n was curious if anyone knew from experience how etsy WALLSKINS r...?
3/3/13
Answer
behzadg
A: I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.
6/9/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: are the products authentic on etsy?
Answer
tracyq3
A: I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

8 Photos for Etsy