US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

niconal

We have loved everything we've ordered and received great customer service from all sellers on this site. (in 44 reviews)

athenae

(so no seller can steal your money without a punishment, and so no one does.)
(in 169 reviews)

norap7

There is NO phone number or CSR behind ETSY, just an automated email that everyone gets if a complaint is sent. (in 14 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

katk7
10/22/14

I have all good things to say about this site... Everything I have purchased so far has been handmade, unique and great quality. Customer service has been excellent, communication thorough and professional.

However, I wish to point out that each order experience is reflected on the actual individual shop and seller within the Etsy site, not the site itself.

I find that if you make an honest review using criticism instead of just negativity your comment is likely to remain on the seller's profile and could possibly be addressed by the original seller to resolve the issue.

If you have greater issues with an order, you can make a complaint with the Etsy site to investigate the matter. Just look for the "Do you have a problem with your order?" link under your order history for more information.

rs56
10/21/14

I had a shop on Etsy and as of yesterday it has been suspended as because they are claiming that I am somehow linked to this other Etsy shop that has been closed due to policy violation. From what I understand, based on Etsy's vague emails, this other shop has a few open cases that were opened up by angry customers before they were shut down. Etsy is saying that somehow my information (email and address) overlaps with the closed shop's account - whatever that means! So they want me to take care of the open cases before they can reinstate my account! The problem is I have no relation to that other shop!! I've stated this to them numerous times already and in my last email I asked them to show me a screenshot or something so that I can see if someone has committed fraud and used my information without my knowledge. It all sounds very fishy to me and Etsy has been very, very evasive.. It is very frustrating because I am being wrongly accused of being this other person, and they have suspended my account until I can get this sorted out. They are not giving me any help whatsoever. Their customer service sucks! When they do respond, they are evasive and vague. I have lost sales, all my time and effort putting up my listings, not to mention the longer my shop is suspended my credibility with my existing customers will be shot down. I would stay away if you are looking to open a shop with them. Read the reviews online - oeople's shops get shut down for no reason! Something needs to be done. They are a fraudulent, unprofessional company that should not be allowed to practice!

alexandrac6
10/20/14

Yes, this site can be aggravating, but overall I've had a pretty good experience. It is sometimes hard to get in touch with the seller and about 90% of the time the product is later than what the advertised shipping speed said but these items are pretty much all handmade...give them some time. I've also never had any problems with being ripped off or scammed.

tamarank
10/18/14

I have now dealt with two businesses on etsy. I would never recommend this site to anyone. The first seller left town and his information said my item would be sent the next day. How is that possible when you leave town? The next seller gave me severe grief over asking questions about the sweatshirt I purchased. He puts the same size on two different sweatshirts where you can clearly see one fits a child and one fits a woman because of the photos. They are all a bunch of scammers on etsy.

Tip for consumers: Don't use etsy.com. You will be scammed in some way.

rong38
10/15/14

I purchased a second pair of palazzo pants for my girlfriend, both from Etsy. The first pair fit perfectly; the second pair is sized for a child, even though it says, "women medium." Etsy had a company named Hannah's Fashions supply the pants. Hannah refuses to respond to emails. When I called, a woman answered, stated that she did not speak english, and was quite rude. I called Etsy and after being on hold for a while, a digital voice said that they had already closed for the day (at 2 PM EDT). I was looking forward to buying more items from Etsy, but unless I can reach them and make an exchange, I will never do business with Etsy again.
To be fair, Etsy has great prices, free shipping, and fast delivery, and I planned to order many more items from Etsy, but none of these features mean anything if I get stiffed on a miss-sized item.

Tip for consumers: Do not order from Etsy.

paulinem7
10/15/14

I have just received my wonderful custom made mask of the queen of hearts from Once Upon A Freak. really nice site, very helpful staff and it arrived well wrapped and in perfect condition.

Thank you ONCE UPON A FREAK and thank you Etsy.

Pauline Manners. Suffolk . England.

Tip for consumers: If you want a great Fancy Dress Mask then Once Upon A Freak are great, not expensive and really good quality.

fernandom17
10/12/14

I'm going to paste the correspondence I had with the shop owner of Awkard a company on Etsy.

Hello!

I just received an item-not-received Paypal claim - which is my first Paypal claim ever, in six years of selling knitwear. This sweater is scheduled to ship on Thursday, so you can imagine my confusion there!

Did you want to cancel your order? If so, I'm happy to do so - just let me know!

As you can see the owner is irate that I have inquired about the shipping of my product and did not get an email about when the shipping was going to take place. Here is my response. I don't like doing business with people like that.

I don't think you have to get so alarmed. I was merely wanting some sort of notice as to when the item was going to ship. This is a $94.00 item and you can imagine not getting any notice as to when it will ship. I think you may need a course in business 101. You don't send out shipping notices and you don't handle disputes like a professional niether. You see, you just lost a customer because of the way you handled this whole affair. Not the way to run a business. With an attitude like yours I hope there isn't any retaliation because I will follow suite.

Well the owner immediately cancelled the order and refunded my money. Good thing I got my money back, bad experience with Etsy!

etsyr
10/11/14

Ripped off for $200 item on Etsy. I also paid for insurance, and shipping. Seller shipped broken item and would not pay me back the refund they received from the post office. I reported this to Etsy, I had photos I sent to the seller of the damaged item I received and long history of Etsy conversations asking for my money back. Etsy's response? The seller has to rip off more than one person for them to act. See direct quote from
Etsy Trust and Safety:

"You can rest assured that sellers who continually demonstrate an inability to fulfill business obligations in a professional, honest manner are permanently removed from our marketplace."

Pretty amazing that a business will not act unless they rip off more than one person. "Rest assured".

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. Etsy protects sellers who send damaged items not as described, even if you send them photos. They don't care, not getting your money back.

lenab4
10/9/14

Etsy now has too many Chinese resellers. I was searching for a specific coat and found it. But later I saw exactly the same one for about the same price and same promo pictures at another Chinese small factory (that's how they like to call themselves). So I was already worried that it can be a scam. I was discussing it with one of my friends and she told me to check some online Chinese market. And I found there the same coat but 2 or even 3 times cheaper. So I wrote the etsy support and they only offered me to read the reviews of other clients and decide by myself. But nothing about closing down any of those shops reselling items from some big factory.
Also I noticed some knitting company from Uzbekistan or some other country from that area who was offering to knit the models from knitting magazines (mainly German). They used for promotion scans from those magazines...
And another thing that is so unfair to almost all milliners that there are many sellers making those fabric flowers accessories and never even mentioning that they use cheap flowers from a dollar store. And they want lots of money for their works. Ok, these items can look nice on the pictures but in real life they do look cheap.

Tip for consumers: I would offer to be careful with all these shops (not only Chinese) who have the way too many items for sale unless they are not marked as made to order as 1-2 persons can't produce quality things so fast. If you really want to buy Chinese items then try to google them on alternative site selling from China directly. You will be shocked about the prices there comparing to etsy!
Try to find as much info about the seller as possible.

jenniferl63
10/8/14

I love etsy.com. I find things there that are unique, original, of high quality, and I have never had any trouble with any order nor the customer service. They are just awesome!!

Tip for consumers: If you are looking for something original and different, this is the place. You can get a gift credit for someone and they can get a one-of-a-kind gift for themselves.

gaylel1
10/8/14

Etsy does not vet the people that sell through them very well. I bought 4 bridesmaid dresses and they arrived 2 weeks late and the wrong color. $400.00 dollars gone as I returned them and have never received a refund. The time allowed to open a claim is too short so there was absolutely zero help from Etsy or PayPal.

pamelam9
10/2/14

I was a seller on Etsy for almost a year. I have had 999 sales as of today. Because I used the following words or put a photo I took myself, I was kicked off today. Here are my infringements.
1) used the word M&M on these little cabochons which said M&M on jewelry
2) used the phrase "Pandora Like Beads"
3) Took a photo of the Moulin Rouge in Paris and was reprimanded for the copy right on the building
4) Whether or not a banged up old Vera Bradley bag was over 20 years old.
5) Made a necklace with a Heidi Klum designer chain and got in trouble for using the name Heidi Klum
and today
6) a photo I took of Moet Champagne in 2007 and listed it in January of this year and just happened to change the title to reflect what it was, they kicked me off permanently.
These has been harassment with a clique of Etsy shop owners to get me blacklisted too. I have been sent emails, not sold to and even told that I was extorting money from one shop owner, which until today when I asked my attorney what that meant, I didn't even know what that meant. I was also threatened to have the FBI called on me by this person, for what??? Yet there is all these Asian shop owners who I KNOW they don't make their own products, there are still photos of Moulin Rouge, etc. I don't know why I have been picked on since I paid for advertising, brought them money with my 999 sales (I didn't get my 1000th sales as I was looking forward to) for they took that away from me and only sent me another canned letter as they always do when one tries to reach out and tell them anything.I would give no stars if I could because I did what they wanted and cannot understand that I can't sell something that says M&M but others can sell things that they make and say DISNEY. Thank you for listening.

amyj18
10/2/14

It's true that etsy is known for its hypocritical claims to be about handmade & original items, to a degree that is actually quite shocking. Not only did the now-defunct Regretsy site thrive with ample material proof of their double standards, but it never prompted them to do even elementary searches of items they placed on the front page again & again. One artist was featured on the front page more than 500 times----with artwork stolen from Shutterstock and presented as her original designs. When I reported her to etsy---along with several links to identical Shutterstock images----I got an email replying that they don't have any control over copyright issues. I then reported her to Shutterstock and about 3/4 of her shop disappeared. Frankly, etsy can eat my $#*!.

marlae2
10/1/14

This review is for someone who is planning to open up a shop on etsy.
Here is the negatives:
1- You will get charged for other sellers browsing your shop looking to copy the merchandise you have sold.
2-Etsy cannot fully explain in detail to a seller how the promotion end of it works. Nor do they make that information avialable to the public.
3- This company is a cover for the sneaky underhanded owner of the company. He only promotes his own people.
4-The company created this illusion of a handmade artisan community where the current trend is to sell your crafts since everyone is into DIY.
5- Etsy profits on selling a dream to people to work for themselves. Then Etsy charges crazy fees to sellers until they cant afford it and eventually loose everyhting. Etsy is doing this to thousands of people and making very high profits.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from Etsy...this place is a scam

jaza
10/1/14

Although there are excellent sellers on etsy, there are a lot of scammers! I got scammed three times this year! twice by who I believe was the same person. I had ordered a custom tape wallet from someone and I never received. their shop was closed and a few weeks later saw the same listings on another shop! yea im looking at you BESTYinc !!

onellar
9/30/14

Horrible site. Sellers are overcharged...the company is going downhill fast. Etsy promotes shops from Isreal and China...all machine made crap.

brif2
9/29/14

Ordered and paid in full for a custom aisle runner in late December... I said my wedding was a month earlier than it actually was.. would message her because I hadnt heard anything for months. Angel Dauphine took foreeevvveerr to respond. Once she replied dont worry you will receive your runner well before your wedding. Well she never replied again and I never got my aisle runner 9 months later ("a week before my wedding").. Etsy was quick to refund my money and resolved the issue but wow Angel Dauphine just did not care, did not keep her word, and is a terrible business woman. I was sooooo excited about my bling aisle runner and now have no time to order one:(( bling is my theme and I feel soo sad and mad..

Tip for consumers: Dont do it.. dont order from Angel Dauphine atleast.

tammys20
9/24/14

Etsy is okay but funny with what they will or won't allow to be sold. One shop was closed due to copyright issues while other shops sell the same items and are allowed to stay open. Not very fair. If they close one for the infraction then close them all.
They are good at getting money back if there is an issue but it's not all smooth sailing as you go through the process.

Tip for consumers: Ask questions and be sure of other reviews to make sure the store isn't having any issues before you buy.

jw79
9/24/14

Buyer BEWARE!!! This site creates a safe harbor for CRIMINAL activity! Placed an order two months ago, never received, seller (STLFURN) ignores emails, filed a case with ETSY.. they do NOTHING! They WILL NOT help you! They will not refund your money! DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!! Report FRAUD to BBB! Worst customer service I've ever encountered.

Tip for consumers: DONT!!!!

tanyau1
9/23/14

Do not use ETSY or the seller called ONCE UPON A SIGN!!!!
At face value, this site looks great with lots of unique products etc. but in reality, it is an absolute nightmare.
I paid for my two orders and they have allegedly been shipped to me some 3 weeks ago from a UK seller to my UK address. I have never received the items and the seller has disappeared. there is no tracking number for postage. ETSY has no consumer protection and, quite frankly, don't care that I have essentially been scammed.
The sellers on Etsy are not registered companies, therefore don't have a company number and don't have their phone numbers on the site. So, you have no way to Trace the company, get your money back or get Etsy to interfere/ help.

Tip for consumers: Please don't use it to avoid disappointment. If you do decide to use it ONLY PAY BY PAYPAL, so you can bet your money back

rogh
9/21/14

Started purchasing an item from Etsy and found that even with checkout by paypal it required that I make a account on their website - what? Paypal can totally handle purchase without requiring setting up site credentials for a company that has no benefit to me. With Target and other people losing information, why would I trust some minor site to have my information?

Etsy lost a purchase.

chaoticHARMONYstudio on Etsy lost a purchase.

joannag7
9/18/14

Fortune Rabbit had a sale on monogrammed robes that I ordered for my bridesmaids, and although the they came in time, three of the robes were done wrong. One had the wrong monogram and the other two were wrong sizes. I was very clear in my email and yet I had received robes that now I cannot give to my bridesmaids. I am so disappointed and would reccomended NOT ordering from Fotune Rabbit. Now my
Gifts for my bridesmaid are ruined and I am getting married in two days so there is no time for me to get anything else.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM FORTUNE RABBIT

juliab30
9/16/14

I ordered something from Crystal Casman Jewelry and was advised it was shipping in two days. I was even forwarded a USPS tracking number and it turns out to be less than a business you can trust.

Be leary folks.

Tip for consumers: Do not trust you will get what you ordered.

anneb23
9/13/14

Purchased a t-shirt from Michelle from The Little Joy Shop on August 4. Never received it. Learned on September 2 that the seller canceled the order because the shirt was no onger available. Seller has yet to refund my money via PayPal. Seller does not respond to my emails. Just escalated tus issue to a claim with PayPal. Still can't figure out why the shirt is no longer available? Custom embroidering machine break? White t-shirts (toddler size) no longer available? This experience has been more like the Little Shop of Horrors than of joy.

Tip for consumers: Beware. Seller did not send the item I ordered but still charged me for it. Still waiting for refund.

gerric2
9/12/14

Beware of doing business with a store on Etsy called KARMA ROX that sells vintage clothing. I was informed that this company only accepts money orders. I sent a money order in the amount of $178.00 made payable to Jan Brewer from Buford, GA in good faith that she would forward the shoes in time for my daughter's wedding. Her wedding was over a month ago and and I have yet to receive the merchandise or a refund. They claim the vintage shoes have been mailed twice and returned. I have provided an address to them 3 times! Excuse, excuse.... I been SCAMMED!

hylaufmh
9/12/14

Etsy deleted a review regarding a seller because it was NOT 5 stars without any communication with me (the buyer). Why ask for reviews if you are going to delete them after everything under the sun has been tried to rectify the problem. Allow the review to stand.
BEWARE of the following company: KROMMdesign out of Montreal, Canada.

The following is a review that I wrote regarding this company about a product I bought from them.

Arrived DAMAGED in 3 different places !!!!!

I have waited until now to write a review because I would have written a completely inappropriate critique filled with inexplicable epithets if I had done so at the time of the arrival of the table. I was that mad and angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The packaging (if you can call what the table arrived in packaging) was completely useless for this endeavor. The outside box was nothing more than many broken down cartons that were taped together to form one large outer container to hold the table.

Let me give you the dimensions of the table: Length = 54 inches. Width = 22 inches. Height = 19 inches. Weight = 65 lbs. You did not have to be an engineer to see that this was NOT going to end well once the table was shipped.

Inside the box. The table was wrapped with a very loose fitting sheet of canvas. The rest of the padding inside the box was nothing more than MORE broken down cardboard boxes loosely fitted around the table. That was the padding used to protect this 65 pound table that was to be shipped from Montreal to Tennessee.

It is common knowledge that everything that is shipped is NOT HANDLED WITH CARE !!! You have to be proactive and protect the product you are shipping to the hilt. I wish they had simply asked me and I would have been happy to send them more money to invest in appropriate packing materials. I would have been happy to protect my $1300.00 investment. They shipped this on the cheap and it is completely indefensible. There is NO JUSTIFICATION for the manner in which this was shipped.

All I can say to anyone reading this is: BUYER BEWARE , BUYER BEWARE, BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cressidaj
9/10/14

I ordered several shirts from a seller for a team event I was competing in. The seller did not ship as promised nor would she answer any of my messages to her. I contacted Etsy and after they made me wait their "appropriate time" and still not hearing from the seller I had to reorder the shirts to have them in time for the event. Etsy was made aware of this but still allowed the seller to wait to the last possible minute. Right before my refund was due to be issued she decided to ship the shirts. Because she shipped the shirts and does not accept returns Etsy will no longer help me. It does not seem to matter that the shirts were shipped 1 full month after promised nor does it matter that they are no longer needed and I was forced to reorder from another store. Simple communication returned by the seller would have prevented me from having to now dispute charges on my credit card. Good luck to anyone that has a bad buying experience. Etsy does nothing to protect the buyers.

lindaa33
9/7/14

I love Etsy. I have purchased quite a few items from the site and have always received my items swiftly and find them as described. Everyone has been polite. I will continue to purchase from them in the future.

mummabearb
9/4/14

I am reviewing the Betsy shop Cherished Sentiments.

The shop owner is lovely when you are in the ordering & payment process. As soon as they ship the sub standard jewellery with errors that they have made they don't want to know you. They made typographical errors on both pieces. After several emails all with no response I can easily say this is the worst shop/person I have ever dealt with be it online or in person.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this shop like the plague if you want what you paid for!!!!

raminam
9/4/14

Through various screen/store names I have been there from the beginning and I have watched the website decline from a handmade utopia to the 7th level of hell for handmade sellers.
Here is just an outline of some of the major problems (there have been dozens more than what is mentioned) that I have encountered as a seller on Etsy:
I had my *1st major* issue with them when they allowed another seller to replicate my products, to the T, sell them as her own and tell people on other websites I was the one stealing from her. I tried getting etsy to intervene since it was their selling platform that initiated the 1st attack and was being used to fraud my business and they refused. They sent me a message that basically read as "we encourage sellers to steal popular designs from others"
My 2nd major issue was when a "front page seller" made the front page in October with an item that she stole the pictures and wording/description from me and they didnt change the item to link back to me, instead they just took it off the front page. I had to fight them for weeks to make that seller remove over 20 pictures and item descriptions stolen from my store.
My 3rd major issue with them -and when I closed my etsy store the 1st time- is when a jewelry company stole one of my jewelry designs, copyrighted it and used etsy to send me a cease and desist. Etsy Legal team sent me a hostile and threatening email telling me not to relist the item. Etsy ALSO removed the item from my store and removed every single transaction of the item I sold in the past so I couldnt use Etsy to prove I was selling the item before "company x" stole the design.
4th Major Issue; My etsy store is now closed for good because I had a yet another customer try to use the feedback system to blackmail me for a refund on a product received. Etsy refused to interceded. Out of the 1,000+ positive feedback I have this ONE negative brought down my entire store rating. Not only did etsy refuse to remove the feedback they locked my account and sent me several threatening emails to remove what I have stated about them or they would not allow me to use their site to buy/sell. Once locked out of my account I could not respond to customer messages or send current open orders. Anyone whom purchased from me via Etsy checkout was not able to receive their orders. It has extended beyond etsy issue, now the company, by not allowing me to complete orders and contact customers, is giving my 12 year old business a bad name.
As seller who has been with etsy since week 1 of their launch and has tried to work with them and overlook their CS issues and refusal to side with sellers in the event of issues I can honestly say I will never use etsy again for buying or selling.

lisac66
8/27/14

Stay away. I ordered a dog crate cover from Bow Wow Beds. The estimated delivery date was 35 - 40 business days (not regular days, "business" days). The item finally arrived well over 80 "business days" from the order date, also conveniently outside of the Etsy "60 day review" window which starts on the ESTIMATED delivery date, not the ACTUAL delivery date (does Etsy count regular days in that 60 day window or "business" days). Continual excuses from the seller after the first slap in the face "didn't you read that it is a 35 - 40 business days estimate" then went on to complain about all of her orders she had received which put my order further behind, she was trying to hire more employees, get a brick and mortar store, etc. Then when the shipping notification was sent, it took another week for the product to be shipped because the seller had so many orders going out at once. None of those issues do I care about, just wanted my product within the original estimated timeframe. No additional timeframe was offered. When it arrived, the personalization was done with some sort of paint or ink and can't even be seen unless the crate cover is down. No tie ups to roll up any of the four sides so my dog can see out. We have to overlap the sides across the top of the crate. Just expected a lot more for the price. Now Etsy has responded that they are sorry I had this experience and that they cannot reactivate my 60 day review window. Convenient for sellers who would rather have no reviews than a bad review. Sad, because this first time Etsy customer who learned her lesson could have been a happy repeat customer.

tracyq3
8/27/14

Used to LOVE etsy. I had wonderful sellers that truly made hand made items. They were beautiful and amazing. After a brief break ( about 6 months - 1 year) I went back to on line shopping. I am so SAD!! Where did all the real artists go??? I was looking for a cute Frozen dress for my daughter's birthday, that I just don't have time to make. I have seen a ridiculous amount of sellers claiming hand made items but I know I have seen them on Amazon (for way less) from China sellers. If I wanted that I could pay way less on Amazon. When I looked closer into ETSY's new policies, this is actually ok to do. To the true artist still on ETSY : you do amazing work I hope that the Chinese re-seller trend does not destroy you business. My issue with ETSY is that if you allow re-sellers than you have to monitor it somehow so shoppers can choose to buy from handmade businesses only and you need to monitor business that are claiming handmade when it is obviously not hand made by them!

sherrib7
8/27/14

My experience with Ninkey was great. Perfect communication and above average quality wendy darling dress. Thank You.

tj73
8/26/14

I placed an order for stained glass with Karen Miles on her Etsy shop, Illinoisartglass and never received my order. I only received excuses and lies. Paid $790.00. Etsy is still allowing her shop to be open and helping her along with her fraud and thievery. Customer service won't help me since their 60 day policy has expired. I cannot even leave feedback for this thief! More people are going to get scammed because they couldn't be warned.
This site is crap, I'll never do business with etsy again.

Tip for consumers: Stay Away!

bernardinav
8/23/14

I ordered a ring from the Kristinelily shop on Etsy. After paying massive import taxes (would have been nice to know when ordering), turns out she sent a much smaller size, I sent a photo with a ring I already owned to show it. No problem, I could send it back and would be reimbursed (not for taxes and shipping costs, but at least the ring). I was strung along and told to wait. When I eventually reported to Etsy, what do you know, my "case eligibility" had expired and much as they would like to, they can't do a thing. O yes, also I somehow can't post a review.
I've payed €80, which amounts to $ 105, and have nothing to show for it. They think the Dutch Postal Service are to blame and I should file a claim with them. Well they sent it all right, so I wouldn't recommend doing bussiness with either Etsy or the Kristinelily shop.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it.

steves129
8/22/14

Thiis whole site is garbage. The majority of stuff is made by wanna be hippy manufactures that claim Chinese made garbage as their own. As well the site is run like a joke. Stay away from this horrible market place......IT IS A JOKE!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Use Amazon, with exception of a couple of companies everything trash

gillianr2
8/21/14

After two smooth transactions through Etsy, I was not worried about ordering 2 pairs of earrings from Janet Galla at TrinketsNWhatnots. When the earrings did not arrive after 2 weeks, I wrote to her asking where they were. Supposedly lost in the post. We had a cordial exchange in which I said I would be happy to wait for a new pair. Then she supposedly had trouble sourcing some stones. I still waited pleasantly. Then she stopped replying to my emails. After 3 emails, I made a complaint to Etsy and Paypal. But wait,You CANNOT make a complaint to Paypal after 45 days and Etsy after 60 days. This buyer strung me along, knowing full well that I would be impotent to get a refund--OR EVEN GIVE BUYER FEEDBACK--while I waited with good will for my earrings. She robbed me of my money and both Etsy and Paypal will do nothing to back me up. Terrible terrible customer service from every angle. STAY AWAY!!!!

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. Etsy will not protect its customers. You can easily be robbed.

ericc61
8/20/14

I joined etsy as a seller last year, i designed and created my own jewelry, it went well for a few months until i realized etsy is a cutthroat site where you compete with other sellers..
i started getting notices from etsy support regarding my items, it seems other sellers were afraid of the competition and started accusing me of stealing text and designs, and that was never true.. you need to realize that when you sell on etsy you are competing with others who at times can be very cruel.. and it seems etsy takes the side of the veteran sellers, leaving us newbies out!! and to contact customer support is a nightmare.. takes for ever for them to reply, if they ever reply.. my advice is that if you ever plan to sell your crafts online! stay away from etsy, i now sell on artfire and its great...

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON SELLING YOUR VINTAGE OR HANDMADE ITEMS.. PLENTY OTHER SITES OUT THERE THAT ARE 100% BETTER i.e. Bonanza.com artfire.com amazon ect

rebeccaw22
8/10/14

Terrible customer service. No help for missing items !
Etsy says as long as the seller puts it was shipped - too bad if it goes missing.
I bought something over 6 weeks ago and shipping says it never left USA. I live in Australia.
Etsy help team said too bad, seller says shipped so we wont help you. So im out a birthday present and money !!!

annan15
8/10/14

I was afraid to use etsy in the first place but a co-worker encouraged me so i took the plunge... and boy do I regret it! I spent money on jewlery that i am assuming will never arrive. I am very disapointed and sad. I was so looking forward to a few of the peices I ordered. STAY AWAY DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

mishele
8/10/14

great site!!! all products handmade or vintage!!! great prices! unique products! very friendly buyers from all over the world! custom orders! security system!!

mindym4
8/9/14

I bought a baby shower gift from this site, and never received it. My friend specifically picked it out, so I bought it. They took the money from my account, which I do have proof of this. It was promised to arrive on July 17 which was almost a month later, but it never arrived. I cannot get a hold of anyone to return my money, in which u can not get a hold of anyone. At this point someone else has hand made these items, and I must add their product looks alot better then the original. I have to call it a loss now and I'm out of pocket nearly $60.00. This is horrible business practices and I will never recommend or order from this site again.

boba31
8/7/14

BUYERS BE AWARE ,,,STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. Purchased a statue that came distroyed 4 days of emails to seller go unanswered. after several hours Etsy called me bac and read their 7 day policy. which is a joke...7 days for seller to answer you then 7 more days for etsy to investigate before you get your money back....STICK TO EBAY THEY GET YOUR ISSUE DONE IN A DAY!!! THIS IS ALL WHILE THE SELLER CONTINUES TO SELL TO OTHER VICTIMS AS ETSY DOES NOTHING!!

This is day 4 still no response from a seller and just got another policy read to me by etsy...they can not even give a admin number for you to call or an address...says alot about ETSY.

janetc15
7/31/14

Oh dear. Please do not trust all sellers on Etsy. If you aren't sure what you are getting, don't purchase it. Too many buyers complain about what they got from those "mystery" purchases with a random shirt or sweater and don't end up liking them. I'll admit it's great to find nice handmade stuff and it's great for artisans. I appreciate handmade work and help supporting Etsy shops.

However, I encountered so many bad sellers, I was quite disappointed and didn't want to buy from this place again. You would charged $11.95 to have them ship a pair of pants that aren't even heavy denim. $12?! Not only that, but I got ripped off so many times, it was crazy.

I asked a seller to ship me a pair of high waist jeans with 1" cuffs. She sends me a pair with 0.5" inch cuffs and the cut-off area keeps showing which was NOT what I wanted. I requested another seller to sell me a vintage sweater that was black. When I received it, it was a dark navy blue and it was very scratchy!

Afterwards, I purchased a ring that says it was handmade but it was actually a mass produced product from Asia and it was only obvious after I saw 4 sellers selling the exact same item. Then, I purchased a cardigan and a vintage bag from a seller. When I received the item, the cardigan was not "soft" and comfortable as she said. It was very stiff and uncomfortable. The bag she shipped me was in great condition the first time I gently used it. The strap broke off on its own after storing it nicely!

A lot of sellers are always like "contact me with questions". When I did contact one of the sellers, she took FOREVER to reply and I felt like she was playing the bargaining chip while giving me an attitude at the same time. It's either that, or they think as a buyer, you're being annoying.

As another reviewer said, always double check and research the item you want to purchase. The ring I originally purchased that was NOT handmade, was $20 and $4 shipping. After a few months, other shops sold the same exact ring and charged only $9 per ring.

Etsy in theory is great, but I never made a sale there. I listed a ton of items and wasted a ton of money and sold NOTHING. Be careful of sellers. At the same time, be a reasonable buyer. I respected a lot of no-return policies from those bad purchased. Sadly, almost all the items were either donated, given away, resold or thrown out. Advice from experience: Don't be tempted to buy trash or get charged retail price for clothing that are three decades old.

irmgarde
7/30/14

I am very satisfied with the stud earrings I bought from Lavanta Bay :)) Nice gemstones and
smooth finish.
Owner is very willing to answer to all your questions and needs!

fallonj
7/25/14

Etsy is absolutely terrible. I ordered shirts from there two whole months ago, never received them. I tried to contact the sellee, never replied to me. The sellers will create fake accounts and post good reviews to make themselves look good, but in reality, they suck. Most of the sellers are scam artists in this and will take your money and either not send you your item, or will send you something totally different frok what you bought. STAY AWAY FROM ETSY. IT IS TERRIBLE.

susier2
7/24/14

Etsy is the worst! They have done as much as they can to destroy the quality of sellers that they host by allowing mass produced junk products from China or elsewhere. I know artisans on there, that have had their designs stolen and massed produced in China. I opened my Zibbet stores October 2013 when they announced that they were going to let mass produced products to be sold on Etsy. Yes I was one of the masses that left for Zibbet. In a couple of months of being on Zibbet, I made more sales and special orders than I did the years on Etsy. Etsy doesn't give a s**t if you complain to them. If you do, your stores will be booted off Etsy. They have become just like ebay. Tons of fees. When you need help and contact the admin for help, an autobot sends an email saying that they have received your email. Then they don't do anything. OH! Also don't forget that they will target individual stores and mess up the programing of the store just for giggles. That's what the CEO Chad used to do before he came to etsy.

kalir
7/16/14

I ordered two items from this website. The items arrived at my house 2 days after I ordered them. I had read some bad reviews before i purchased the items so i am really glad everything came out okay. Everything was in great condition and I am very happy with the results.

traceym21
7/8/14

Very disappointing..... NEVER purchase a website built by redklovers(http://www.redklovers.com/)............ I wasn't informed about not being able to transfer to another site and I'm stuck with wix... Which I HATE! Spent $650.00 and didn't receive all that was promised with the purchase and It took over 2 months to complete...And esty doesn't care as long as they make their money.........

carolinah
7/3/14

If you were renting an apartment, and were set to move in the first of the month, but were able to start moving in the last day of the previous month, would the landlord charge you the full previous month's rent? Well, they do this at Etsy. No pro rating here. If you open your shop in the last 2 hours of the last day of the month, you then pay the full month's fee. I also think the search is still bad - takes too much time to look through everything when searching for a particular item. Wish I could find a good alternative to the site.

1 Photos for Etsy