US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jameyw4

Always top notch customer service from this company.. (in 84 reviews)

brianw51

There were a few delays in processing my order, but the product has turned out to be excellent. (in 213 reviews)

marcusm34

Great products, fast shipping and well communicated, (in 18 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

marka100
3/25/15

Do not do business with this company. They charge you a 20-30% 'restocking fee' for returns, and only allow returns if made within 30 days of delivery...you snooze, you loose! The training fins I ordered were way too small (two different sizes, both smaller than marked) They are unused and in original packing but they won't take them back. Does anyone else have return policies like this? Avoid this company is my advice; you can do better!!

dans96
3/23/15

EXTREMELY disappointed with their return policy and how the customer service handled it. I should have read the other shady reviews before purchasing from them. NEVER again, lesson learned.
Be forewarned!!!!

janicew14
3/18/15

We ordered an extremely heavy piece of equipment, a rebounder net, for over $900. It was delivered in a truck (contracted shipper) with a lone driver with the box with stickers saying "do not attempt to move with one person." The box had a HUGE hole in it, which was likely to have damaged the net. The shipper did not take any responsibility for the hole , and tried to force us to take the shipment. We called Epic while the shipper was there, and Epic told us over the phone to accept shipment and open the box, because maybe it would be ok, but we knew if the box came off the truck it was now our problem, not theirs. It was clear to us that Epic wanted to make it our problem, and I believe they never would have let us return the net -- we would have had to find our own shipper and send it back to them.

We refused payment and they were very angry. They refused to give us our $900+ back on the item, and I tried to work with them over the next couple of weeks to no avail. They kept saying they were talking to the shipping company, which I really didn't care about, I just wanted my money back. So I had to turn it over to my credit card company to investigate. The credit card company was able to get my money back, thankfully. Just know that this company is very unethical and I recommend you do NOT order from this company, especially items that can get damaged in shipment.

ginat6
3/18/15

Be aware that when you return or exchange your products you will have to pay the shipping to ship the merchandise back, and if you want to exchange you will have to put in a new order and pay for another round of shipping which is suck. I was advise from their customer services that if there is anything wrong with my order they will send me prepaid labels to cover the return shipping cost but they didn't. Their product ended up cost me double than I normally buy in the store. I would never order stuff from this vendor ever again. Suck customer service.

tims76
3/14/15

Made an order on Feb 13th and still haven't received it over a month later. No emails saying something was on backorder or anything stating that the order was delayed. The estimated delivery date has come and gone. I emailed customer service and asked what the reason the order was taking so long. They said they were waiting for one of my items to be shipped from the manufacturer to their warehouse so they could ship my whole order out together. I asked to cancel that one item and ship the rest of the order immediately. I still haven't got a response or a shipped notification 3 days later. Judging from the rest of these reviews nobody there really cares. I guess they get enough business with the terrible service they provide that they don't feel they need to take care of their customers to keep them coming back.

Tip for consumers: Stay Away!!!!

nicka38
3/14/15

I reluctantly ordered from this company after reading some of the not-so-pleasant reviews provided by other customers on this site. I decided to take a chance and order from them anyway because their prices for the items I needed were better than anywhere I could find locally or online. The order was placed seamlessly. There was no credit card hold or problem with authorization (as mentioned by another reviewer). Within 24 hours I received an email notice of shipment that included the tracking number. To clarify, I ordered online Sunday night and received the email with shipment tracking by mid-day Tuesday. By Friday of the same week, the items arrived and were in excellent shape. So, my overall time from order to receipt of the item (in a state on the opposite coast) was 5 days.

Tip for consumers: It is always wise to read reviews, but sometimes the ones that are negative are specific to a given customer's situation, and a negative review doesn't mean the company is bad.

debbiew28
3/11/15

Problem 1 - February 27, 2015 advised Epic Sports one of the ball caps ordered was defective and needed another one soon to complete order. Sent picture of hat and received a message from customer service rep he would talk to manufacturer. Received another email that new hat was being sent out that day. Well - haven't received it yet. Epic Sports web site shows it hasn't been shipped.

Problem 2 - Ordered scrubs, different hat and stadium blanket. Scrubs came from outside company but the hat and stadium blanket haven't shipped. Talked to Kristin in Customer Service - she said they haven't received the blanket from the company - really I can understand if I had ordered 10 blankets but 1? Epic's policy is they wait until all of the order is at their facility and then ship. She could not tell me when to expect it. The estimated date I was to receive the order was March 11. I was calling on March 10 and the order had not been shipped. I explained that I really needed the hat and ask if they could ship just that. - NOPE. I ask to speak to her manager and she said she would not give me his name or transfer me. "He is going to tell you the same thing." I called back and spoke to Cody - I felt he had an attitude and really didn't care about helping me. I cancelled the blanket and was guaranteed they would ship the hat that day. HMMM, checked next day and the hat still hasn't shipped. I will not do business with them ever again. Someone needs to do some customer service training!

Tip for consumers: Be very careful - they really don't care.

jasonl65
3/9/15

Ordered aball for my daughters basketball season. It leaked. They sent out a replacement that leaked too. Sent out a third one that they said they "tested" but was flat out of the box and holds air for about a day. Cody@epicsports.com told me I would have to pay to send them all back for a refund. I figure even if I paid the shipping this rip off company would make up some excuse. Lesson learned for me. Save yourself the headaches and shop somewhere else.

donnac53
3/9/15

"I ordered a pair of breakaway pants from Epic sports. When they arrived there was a missing snap on the left leg. I contacted the 1-888 number and was told I would have to send a picture and they would have to do an investigation. When I explained I did not have time for that and I just wanted to return them, I was told I would have to pay for the return and a restock fee. Really YOUR GOING TO MAIL THEM TO SOMEONE ELSE. This company is NOT about customer service and just wants your money. DO NOT USE THIS SITE."

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. They take your money with no customer service!!!!!!

joelh28
3/6/15

Don't let Epic Sports lure you in with their low prices. Their shipping rates are high. They require consumers to pay for return shipping and for restocking fees on unwearable merchandise!

The softball pants are low rise cut, and are not wearable unless you have a big waist with no rear end. My daughter fits into size 14 low rise, boot cut regular jeans. The fly (rise) on the Campro softball pants are ridiculous! My 10 year old cannot walk in the pants without the crotch rubbing, let alone run in them. They don't cover her tiny butt and she tried a Youth XL size where the waist is too big and requires a belt. What a joke!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from the low rise baseball pants and be very cautious ordering from Epic Sports.

amyr28
2/25/15

Not sure how it's the customers fault when the manufacturer Landau allegedly sent them an outdated size chart that is currently posted on epicsports website. Buyer beware! I purchased a nursing shoe, it was advertised as a size 7 on the website. When I received the shoes it said on the box size 7-7.5 EUR 38 and therefore too big. I called to return the shoes and reorder a size smaller. Epic Sports reordered it. The size they shipped to me the second time was wrong. They ordered two sizes down. 5.5-6 EUR 36. The size I needed was a EUR 37 size 6.5-7. I was then told I was responsible for return shipping costs for both pairs of shoes. The item was not as described, it's not a size 7 and incorrect sizing as compared to the manufactures box. I spoke with manager and was denied a free return and basically blamed the manufacturer, Landau, for an outdated size chart that is currently posted on epicsports.com website! Item not as described . Buyer beware you will pay for it!!!

peejj
1/30/15

I would not use this company again, ever. Their policies are very desperate and they seem bent on sending poor quality and insisting that customer pays for it! I went through big headaches to save $5. This place is not worth it!

roberte41
1/27/15

Horrible Customer Service, Horrible Policies, Horrible Experience.
I purchased some soccer gear for my 10 year old who is a goalkeeper for her Christmas Present. I found epic sports which I will here forward need to refer to as "epic idiots" on line when searching for my daughters Christmas present. I purchased her gifts on December 11th and gave her her gifts on Christmas. After trying on her gloves and goalie jersey, we discovered that her jersey was to big and her gloves were to small. I purchased a couple of other items that fit just fine. Sunday, January 26th I wrote an email to Epic Idiots requesting instructions on how I could exchange the two products that did not fit correctly.
I received an email back from "Cody" the Office manager telling me that their policy was not to take returns after 30 days. I answered that email with an explanation that I was not looking for a return, but simply an exchange and that I was happy to pay for any additional shipping costs. I again received an email from Cody saying that it didn't matter if it was an exchange, they consider that a return.

The same day I received that endearing email I decided to call and spoke with Sean in customer service. I explained to him that I was also in the service industry and that I understand policies must be in place, however it was 31 days past Christmas and I was willing to pay for additional shipping costs and even a restocking fee. He put me on hold and came back and said sorry, there is nothing we can do. That was what "Epic idiots" considered smart business practice. So now, my daughter is unable to use her Christmas presents and they have lost a potential customer for life.
I asked for the owners name and Sean told me that he could not give that to me but that I might be able to find it on their website. I also asked to speak with Cody and was shut down on that attempt as well.
I must say that this is the first negative review that I have ever written. I regret not looking at the reviews on this company before making my purchase. But nothing makes me more upset then companies that lack common sense that leave their customers with such a bad taste after trying to make a good faith effort to support their business. There are so many choices out there. I would highly encourage anyone reading this review to make a different choice than using this company to make their purchase. Use a company that cares about making people happy. "Epic Idiots" does not deserve to get your business if you can choose any number of the others that use intelligent business choices. Lastly, I wish that 0 stars was an option.

brads31
12/29/14

DO NOT BUY HERE - unless you know that the sizing on the product is accurate. And even then I'd suggest not buying here! Exchange policy SUCKS. Don't risk it, you're wasting money. If you aren't absolutely certain of the product quality and sizing for your needs, don't even try. Got garbage goalie pants (with fantastic reviews). You can't review products from the site (or purchase invoice) so I don't know how they select and post them. Got gloves that are sized way too small, even though all other 7s my daughter has tried fit fine. 20+% restocking fees, shipping charges, admonishment that 30 days was approaching (around Christmas) and they would do nothing if not shipped by then.

loris125
12/29/14

Buyer beware!!! Read the return policy carefully!! Don't order products for gifts from EPIC SPORTS because they have a VERY STRICT 30-day policy from date you place the order. I believe they are middle men because I ordered 5 items and they all came from outsourced companies. Some came from Canada. We ordered a helmet for our grandson for Christmas in November because we wanted to be sure we received everything before Christmas. We measured our grandson per their directions and ordered the helmet per their sizing chart and it was too small... When I called Monday after Christmas the customer service rep said they could not exchange it because it was ordered November 13 and pass the "30-day strict return policy". FYI we didn't receive it until November 24 and it came out of Canada. That is already 10 days of the "30-DAY STRICT RETURN POLICY". (THEIR WORDS). So my advice is, unless you are ordering for immediate use...DO NOT ORDER FROM EPIC SPORTS!! Their customer service rep was very uncaring and blunt!! All he would say is we can't take it back because we have a "VERY STRICT 30-DAY RETURN POLICY". I didn't want a refund, just an exchange. He said if they carried it in their inventory they would exchange it...ithey could resale it very easily if they put it in their inventory... WHICH I DOUBT THEY HAVE OR THEY WOULD HAVE PUT IT IN THEIR INVENTORY FOR RESALE. This is why I believe they are simply the middle man, placing orders with a third party supplier. The only reason I gave them two stars is because the helmet was nice, just mis-sized!

Tip for consumers: Read EPIC SPORTS RETURN POLICY very carefully. It is 30-days from the day you place the order. The shipping can take 10 days or longer.

feliciag3
12/19/14

I ordered a baseball bat from Epic Sports on December 1st. Its estimated delivery date was December 15th. I checked delivery before placing my order to guarantee stock and to make sure the item would be here in time for Christmas for our 4 year old son. Today is the 19th, and it still has not arrived. I called the company to ask when to expect it.

When I first called, I spoke with  a woman who was short and kind of dismissive until I explained how dissatisfied I was. Even then, she never apologized for the problem.  I found out that the bat comes from a 3rd party vendor (Easton), and it would not arrive asset Epic until the 23rd or 24th. It then wouldn't get to me until approximately 12/29 (4 days AFTER Christmas). She could not give me an exact date.

She did get a refund approved, but I explained that a refund doesn't out my son's present under the tree on Christmas morning. I told her that I wanted to check elsewhere to see if I could get it before Christmas, prior to canceling my order all together.

I was not able to find the bat anywhere else on short notice, so I called again. This time I requesting that when they received the bat (on the 23rd or 24th), that they overnight it to me so there would be a possibility of it getting it in time for Christmas. That request was denied after being put on hold abruptly in the middle of my sentence for her to speak with her supervisor. I twice asked to speak with that supervisor and she refused, saying "there's nothing he can do to help you".

I then asked if they had a similar bat in stock that could ship to me in time for Christmas. After being put on hold for another several minutes, I was given 3 item numbers. All 3 were adult, wooden bats that are of no use to my 4 year old son. After going back and forth with her, trying to come up with some solution and coming up empty handed, I again asked to speak to a supervisor.

I finally was able to speak with the office Manager "Cody". He got on the phone and was immediately rude, condescending, and defensive before I could get a full sentence out of my mouth. That question was simply asking what his name was and he already had a poor attitude. I asked if he was familiar with my order and he said he was, again acting as if I was a nuisance. He took no blame for their mistake what so ever. He told me there was a problem with the vendor, and there was no way I could get my order delivered before Christmas. I asked him several questions which he refused to answer, instead trying to steer the talk in other directions. One such question was, "if they knew about a problem with their vendor why had they not contacted their customers so we could make an attempt to order a Christmas gift elsewhere?". He never offered an answer to that question or any others.  He did nothing to correct the problem, and was definitely not professional in a way that a supervisor should be.  I again asked them to overnight the bat when they get it from the vendor. That would at least give us an outside shot at having it on Pitt before Christmas.  He refused, this time stating it “costs too much”.

The only thing more disappointing than not getting the bat in time for Christmas is the complete lack of customer service shown by a Epic and its manager "Cody", who refused to give me his last name. His lack of professionalism including one liners like: “I’m not answering you because you just keep talking.”

I did not get any solution to this problem, I didn’t even get a sincere apology. At this point I expect them to ante up and overnight me the bat as soon as they receive it. If they get it on the 23rd, there is no reason my son can't open it in Christmas morning.

I have seen dozens of complaints about Epic online today, including many that refer to Cody by name. In most he seems to fall back on a disclaimer on the consumer invoice that states that estimated shipping times are not guaranteed. I have scoured my invoice and it does not say that anywhere. What it does say is: " Most Epic brand items are shipped within 24 hours of your order and should arrive within 4 to 6 business days, depending on selected shipping method. Please allow an additional 2 to 4 business days for non-Epic brand items to arrive."  That language clearly states that 24 days lead time should be more than enough time to receive my order by Christmas.

I understand that things can happen . That why I waited 4 days past the estimated arrival date to even inquire about the whereabouts of my order. . What I don't understand is my estimated ship time doubling from 15 to 30 days without an ounce off concern, communication, or remorse on their part. Furthermore the rudeness of their customer service department is completely unwarranted.

I await your response.

Felicia Garrido

janaz
12/14/14

I decided to order an Epic sports backpack for my 5th grade soccer player on a Sat. night. I really wanted it by the following Thurs. so that I could give it to him for his birthday. Since I wanted his name stitched on it and I didn't want to pay extra shipping even though it had to travel across the country, I thought it was impossible. I told them the situation and Thurs. it came along with another backpack that I had personalized from High Five. I was amazed and couldn't be happier.

Tip for consumers: The backpack is probably good for Elem. kids and maybe middle school. On the smaller side and I'm not sure yet about how it will hold up through multiple soccer seasons. The High Five one is bigger and the one I would recommend for middle school. Neither can fit their cleats, but can fit the ball, drink, and change of clothes.

waynec15
11/20/14

DO NOT BUY FROM EPIC SPORTS JUST BECAUSE THEIR ITEMS SEEM TO BE CHEAPER. ITEMS SHOWN IN STOCK WHEN YOU ORDERD OFTEN ARE NOT IN STOCK. BUT EVEN WORSE THEY WILL STILL CHARGE THE ENTIRE SHIPPING COST OF THE ORDER IF ONLY ONE LITTLE ITEM IS SHIPPED.

I ORDERED TWO PARKAS AND ADDED A SWIM JAMMER JUST BECAUSE THE SHIPPING COST IS ABOUT THE SAME ($0.25 DIFFERENCE). THEY LEFT A MESSAGE THAT THE PARKAS WERE NOT AVAILABLE AND ASKED ME TO LET THEM KNOW WHILE HOLDING THE ORDER. WHEN I RESPONDED I WOULD CANCEL THE ORDER, THEY INFORMED ME THE SWIM JAMMER WAS SHIPPED ALREADY AND THEY WOULD CHARGE THE FULL SHIPPING COST OF $10.50. COMPLAINED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE THEN MANAGER. THEY WANTED ME TO PAY FOR THE RETUN SHIPPING. NEVER SEEN THIS TYPE OF SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICE. IMAGINE WHAT OTHER PROBLEMS YOU COULD RUN INTO WITH YOUR ORDER? DON'T BUY FROM EPIC SPORTS BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAP - A GREAT RISK.

jd83
11/4/14

Good selection of products but not worth the risk if you need to exchange or return. Shipping charges will cost you!

Tip for consumers: Order from here only if you know the product is exactly the right size.

georgey3
10/10/14

I bought a basketball bag that is full of good reviews from EpicSports.

After I got it, I found that it is too small for basketball usage, as my son needs to put in his basketball shoes, a ball and changing jersey. Putting the ball is always a struggle. Water bottle is falling out all the time...

After I wrote the review, EpicSports did not put it up on its site. It is really not fair to other consumers.

Tip for consumers: Never buy another cheap product from EpicSports

tarshac1
10/3/14

Horrible customer service representative(charity)& supervisor(Cody)!! Paid $60 second day air, didn't receive complete shipment, was advised numerous times vendor sent out 30 pairs, I received 24, I guess they was calling me a liar in other words!! No Resolution to my problem, my team has a game on Friday, six players without socks( thanks epic sports) I will never use this company again!!!

norelisat
9/20/14

The uniforms ordered for my team were great! The girls loved them! GREAT deal!!

jeffm67
9/18/14

The product was delivered quickly and I'm extremely happy with the services provided

domenics1
9/17/14

like the t shirt alot

brianw51
9/15/14

There were a few delays in processing my order, but the product has turned out to be excellent. Just what I expected and wanted.

susanc76
9/12/14

Great! Exactly what I wanted. Easy to navigate and got my order right on time.

walterr20
9/11/14

Awesome...

juanr22
9/9/14

Good quality product and it arrived on time

hermank13
9/8/14

Service was quick. H5 2XL fleece baseball pullovers were true to size. H5 2XL windshirt was oversized.

kathya16
9/8/14

Excellent customer service, prompt delivery, product was exactly what I expected

jenniferm82
9/8/14

Pretty good site! Easy to order from.

enriquec10
9/8/14

Everything went very smooth with my order. Chris was very helpful even when I was not sure which item I needed. He took care of the return without any issues. The team is very happy with their pants and socks.

jimh64
9/8/14

Great prices. Fast service.

robing24

Great football gear

benjaming15
9/8/14

All items & service is great. Keep up the the good work.

northm
9/8/14

Very reliable and dependable. I get what I order.

patriciam42
9/8/14

WONDERFUL WONDERFUL!! THE ITEMS THAT WAS PURCHASE I WAS VERY SATISFIED. THE VALUE WAS INCREDIBLE! I WILL ALWAYS BUY FROM EPICSPORTS FOR THOSE KIND OF ITEMS THAT I PURCHASE FROM YOUR CO.

miriamo2
9/7/14

I had looked a lot of places for different type of ice chest. When I clicked on to Epic Sports i was so happy to fine just what I wanted and needed. I was so impressed with the travel ice chest. The price was the best and the quality was excellent. I got loads of comments on the blue fold away "Ice Chest". I had looked all over the internet and when I found EpicSports it was just what the doctor ordered. At the best price on the internet. Thanks for being there just for me.

rossl20
9/7/14

the website said there was enough quantity in inventory and then almost a week later I received an email saying there was no stock in the item I ordered. A replacement item was located but the order was delayed almost 2 weeks longer than originally scheduled due to lack of inventory controls.

done28

prettygood

markb145
9/7/14

Transaction went very well. Will order from Epic again.

slavaf
9/7/14

I like this site. Lot's of choices. Simple and easy process of ordering and prompt delivery.

angief6
9/7/14

Received my items quickly. When I had to return an item, the process was quick & easy.

julief27
9/7/14

The item on the was exactly what I was looking for and the price was the best on out there! Excellent service!

pedrom25
9/7/14

Two items I ordered were not in stock.

fredrich17
9/6/14

good products good prices and fast shipping great thanks

benb72
9/6/14

Very happy with all my orders I have made with Epic Sports...My team loves their jerseys and hats!

jamesq2
9/6/14

correct items were received and shipped promptly

om588
9/6/14

good products. good customer service. shipping a little bit expensive. deleted a bad review for one of the products bought.

samf33
9/6/14

quality pretty good but shorts can use pockets