US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

jamesb32
5/19/11

i got ripped off last year by this site and i tried to get my money back from them but s soon as i tried that the site closed their phones and got no emails back from them, i was told they were experiencing start up problems which delayed my uniform being sent out but still never receivedd it or any thing, i tried toi contact them through emails and tried to call them but it always went through to answer machine and i must have left about fifty messages but never got a reply from them. this criminal needs to be brought to justice for taking money from people who just want to make a living for their families.

deanas
1/21/11

I was gullable,desperate and stupid, I fell hook line and sinker. I applied for the job sent off money and they disappeared off the face of the earth. It won't happen again

kamh
7/14/10

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION RELATED TO THIS CRIME, OR IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY HAVE BEEN A VICTIM OF FRAUD WHO WANTS TO REPORT THE INCIDENT PLEASE ASK THEM TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE REPORT AT www.actionfraud.org.uk, OR CALL THE HELPLINE ON 0300 123 2040.

carols1
6/19/10

most importantly, how do we report and to who do we report this company & website to for fraud?? as their website is still active, it just says currently not recuiting!

sandram
6/9/10

There is another scam same as Easy Drop it was on the job centre website asking for money for a uniform i have told the job centre and they are checking it out. I also had an e-mail from Easy Drop anything that sounds as good as that £ wise is not true.

davidm19
6/2/10

Scottish Force

Thank You for all your reviews. Internally I am a Force Officer and personally have experienced this case. Unfortunately, On behalf of the Forces, we cannot take on this case through the Police. Associations involved are only Trading Standards. , Serious Fraud office or Offcom are NOT involved.

Although the domain name and registered address is associated with an English domestic premises, this cannot be directly connected with the offender and offences committed.

We need your support to take down this criminal. We need to know what steps you took to initial contact with Easy Drop. Which website did you go through to filling out an application form? Such websites will be notified by and removed. One step closer to the process

As much details as possible on the steps you took to getting to know about the advertisement would help. I personally have advised Trading Standards to monitor the comments and come into contact with all affected.

jayc4
5/17/10

Just Recieved email from easydrop -
Hi There,

As I am sure most of you are aware that Easy Drop is due to start on May the 18th however due to circumstances beyond our control which I will elaborate on in moment it will have to be deferred for a little longer to make some amendments and to relaunch.

The reason this has happened is unfortunately due to some exceptionally bad press we have received via various forums. These forums unfortunately branded us as scammers etc all without ever asking us a single question or anything else for that matter. Anyone who was not happy with our service and asked for a refund has received one without exception. For the record we were not due to start trading until the 18th of May, therefore these claims were completley unfounded but nevertheless caused untold damage.

The upshot of this is that the name Easy Drop has been irrevocably damaged which means we now have to go through a re branding process and then set a relaunch date. What this means for you if you have not heard from us already is that you have a choice;

You can either request a refund and we will gladly honour this or you can bear with us for a short period of time until we relaunch under a different name that has not been damaged. If you decide to stay we will of course send you your new uniform and all other assorted peripherals that you will need in the interim period between now and the launch.

If you decide you that you want a refund you will need to email your request to refund@easy-drop.co.uk stating your name and address upon receipt of the email we will send your refund. If you wish to remain with us please let us know by sending your name and address to remain@easy-drop.co.uk

For those of you who have been effected by this course of action we are deeply sorry, unfortunately due to the the prolonged bad press that we have received we will now be changing our address which we will inform you of once it has been confirmed.

Many Thanks for your patience in this matter,

Your Sincerely

Lorraine James.

janeb5
5/17/10

Paid the £56 like an idiot, been told the date was put forward to the 18th May (tomorrow) and that I would receive my uniform as late as today (Monday). Guess what no uniform! I've tried to send them a message but got returned as failed so now you can't contact them on this website

stefank
5/14/10

i just find out - company is in york ok
but

owner of website is: Domain name:
easy-drop.co.uk

Registered on: 17-Mar-2010
Renewal date: 17-Mar-2012
Last updated: 17-Mar-2010

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
dns.bizsiteservice.com
dns2.bizsiteservice.com

u can visit him and ask him what he think about all that s h i t

matthewn1
5/11/10

Hi, i fell for it too, out of work for nearly 3 months, a family to feed and desperate to work. However i found this site just in time, had sent a cheque for £85, but managed to get the bank to block it, All newspapers and police have been informed and sent the company a email which i cannot repeat on this site.
If they want something sending, make it personal!!!!
DONT SEND ANY MONEY

garyd1
5/10/10

I too have been suckered into parting with money on the promise of a job. Not that it will get my money back but I have reported them to Ofcom and Consumer direct.The web address is registered to a guy named Paul at 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, and this appears to be a registering address that traces back to Houston, Texas.
A lesson learnt!!

jimn2
5/7/10

scam,jim n. says:
this is what i sent after i got skanked
lorrane,you said someone would be in contact with me this week,so far no contact, and you asked how dare people say this is a scamm,looks like clifford street address is a mail box address, can you give me any assurance this is not a scam,i like to work on a mutual trust basis, if we do not have this trust,one mans consecence may be considered unfair or unjust to another, iwill start at clifford street building then move on to blossom street, then maybe your house, thank you jim.
this was her reply
Hi Jim,
Thanks for the email, what would you like us to do would you like a refund?? What do you mean about coming to my house, is that a threat?? I hope not!!

If you would like a refund let us know and we will get it to you,

Regards
Lorraine,
my reply
hi lorraine,
Thanks for reply, like i said i like to do buisness on a mutual trust basis how do we build this trust, nobody has been in touch like you said they would be this week, iam not the only one that feels this way, as for coming to your house is not a theat it is to find out whats going on, if you feel the best way to deal with me is to give me a refund ill take the refund,iam not a bully, i stand by my principals, what assurance can you give me this is not a scam?

Regards
jim.
see what she comes back with,ill let you know?
lorranes reply
Hi Jim,

This not a Scam, and any man who I do not know who says they are coming to my private address I would perceive and deal with as a threating behaviour, I will send you your refund, please confirm your address.

Thanks

Lorraine,

my reply

hi lorrane
sorry you feel that way, i fail to see whats theatening about coming to see you to find out whats going on as i can not talk to a mail box, if you are genuine you would all ready have my address, as i would not have given you false info, so if you are genuine and not a scam? just send the refund, or would you rather the police deal with this then i would not be perceived as a threat.
jim.
see what she comes back with?

sarah74
5/6/10

Have paid the £56 for the uniform like many others. Have contacted York Police and was advised that it is a mail box, where these people come to collect the mail. This company does not exist! Everyone who has fallen victim to this fraud or wants to make a complaint, please contact York Police on 0845 6060247 and also the Consumer Direct number on 08454 040506. Please do this to put a stop to these people! Every complaint helps getting to these people fast.

davej3
5/6/10

Easy-drop should be dropped from a very high building.
I paid my £56 and have received nothing in return, just promises. I am usually a sceptical man. But when i checked out this company, I found nothing wrong. Now i know why if you enter east drop.co.uk nothing comes up but if you enter easy-drop.co.uk you get this website and others.
Wish i had paid more attention to details. I have reported this company to trading standards and will be going to the Police Station after writing this review. STAY CLEAR and DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY.
DJ

traceyh1
5/4/10

I like many of u have fallen for the same old tricks they are definately a scam .I have been battling with them asking all sorts of questions and asking for my money back.I have always had a smart answer until i started asking for the directors name and other relevant questions.What a surprise all correspondance has stopped,there address has changed and if u go on google earth like where ist it ! its just a door also type the address in and a church or something comes up. DONT PAY A PENNY TO THEM !

an450
5/3/10

they are scam rtists bastXXrds i paid them they fee they asked for came across this and now they keep moving thedates forward due "logistics" problems. i will be telling the papers and magzines and they will highlight this in the press relaeases sooon

murdow
4/30/10

I found out it was fraudulent and emailed them to phone me and disprove my suspicions|| They didnt! but sent back an email saying they are not trading til 8/5 so how could they be fraudulent! also saying that they were taking sitejabber and others to court! aye right bunch of fraudsters. I sent a cheque but put a stop on it when I realised.

samanthal3
4/30/10

I was silly enough to pay the £55. Desperate for work, 2 young boys and getting married in 5 weeks. I lost my job at the end of march, I had applied for the easy drop job around 20th March and sent off the cheque just before all these reviews came out. I was told I would have my uniform by mid April and start work begining of May. I recieved exactly the same e mails that other people have posted on this site. When I contacted them to tell them about this site they replied straight away and assured me that it was not a scam, they just were not given a chance by some ignorant people!

No uniform has arrived as yet and im no longer expecting it to. They even told me to buy a sat nav! Please don't be fooled by these cowboys like I was.

duncanm
4/27/10

so glad i read the reviews before i sent them any hard earned money thought it was a bit funny them asking for money without an interview so glad i checked them out i am now going to try and report them they need to go to court and taking off the internet

jonathanp2
4/27/10

Same as all the other comments. I was suspicious with how simple the 'application process', not involving any qualifications or anything else.
I was made more suspicious when the text I received had no reply-to number. I was even more suspicious when they demanded money up front.

I was especially annoyed, as someone else already said, that I linked to their site from a website recommended by the job-centre!!
Unbelievable.

grahamh1
4/26/10

hi all, applied for what i thought sounded a great job on saturday, received email from some one called lorraine james ( same email is posted in another posting) so me and the wife took a trip into york, and went to the address concerned on clifford st(asked in pub where it is, and someone told me that its the old police station!!!), it is a courier shop, but nothing to do with them, i was told, they just hire a box from us, and we never see the person concerned......so they know its a scam and have reported it

joanneb1
4/26/10

my hubby got the same email and they wanted £56 for his uniform and id i think its a bit fake that people would do that just for money what a scam well my hubby won't be acceptin it lol

chrisr2
4/26/10

Had a text and Email from them this morning. Thankfully I'd already checked them out on here! I did reply to them as follows.....
You have just offered me a job that will involve handling potentially valuable goods. I have had no face to face interview and there has been no mention of a CRB check. I thought I'd better be cautious so I've done a few checks and it looks to me like you are a scam. I do however believe that I should give you the benefit of the doubt and have decided that if you are indeed interested in employing me, and can send me the uniform etc on approval, I will be happy to pay the £56.00 out of my first weeks earnings. I have recently had a CRB check done so you'll have no problems with my honesty.
If however you are just scamming people out of money (that in my case for certain I don't currently have) think about how those people are currently struggling to pay bills, and feed themselves and their children for the sake of your greed.
I sincerely hope you are not a scam and will happily apologise for the above comment if this proves to be so.
I look forward to your reply

stevec9
4/22/10

i have read all these comments,i am a courier with years of experience and also have knowledge of drop shipping which i believe is what this company does.there is nothing illegal about it indeed amazon do it loads!.I also challenged them about the money and they have offered to send the kit free of charge i will let you know on that one.what is a problem to me is the amount of money they are offering per hour,in my industry that is a lot of work if you are doing residential drops so i can't believe it as yet.but i am pretty certain it is a drop shipping company in which they are the middlemen

pipa
4/22/10

And me. Having done courier work before I know you are not going to be entrusted with valuable goods and visit potential vulnerable people without at least a face to face interview plus references and particularly a CRB check.
And I got it off the website I was directed to by the Job Centre!!
Pip, West Country.

marief1
4/22/10

Same old story as everyone else - hubby desperate for work, sounded too good to be true about to send money etc then something just clicked - thanks everyone - it is £85 now and as well as then bog standard e-mail you also gegt a bog-standard text!!

donaldh
4/22/10

Got the email thought sounds good,to good,just about to post my cheque (now £85 ) better check it out!! good job i did, their name sounds iffy, who would call themselves "Cracked" now seems appropriate,wish Id thought of this one, sure beats working!!! Don Disgruntled of Westbury.

jamesl2
4/21/10

Asked for details of this job and found that the cost of uniform etc is now £85! No details of job conditions were given but lots about money and how to get it to them, really smacked of a scam, then found this site to confirm my thoughts Thank you

andrewe2
4/21/10

not allowed to handle the publics mail without being vetted !!!! scam

karenc4
4/21/10

Thank you to all the people who have written about Easy Drop! i got an email too, i believed it was genuine because their details were sent to me via a well established recruitment agency. don't be fooled - they are now asking for £85 upfront for uniform,ID card and stationary. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

christophero1
4/21/10

glad i didn't fall for this scam. something told me to check them out and lo and behold i was right, thankyou to all on this site you saved me dosh i have not got to chuck to scammers . us men need to listen to the women in our lives cauz they seem to see it first. these scammers want to make us look like fools; listen guys

petera3

Guys,

Thank you all for your reviews. By the way, easy-drop.co.uk now has a different postal address and a number:

Easy Drop
Suite 344, Clifford House
7-9 Clifford Street
York
YO1 9RA

Lo Call 0845-6865213

The address quoted is a forwarding address and Suite 344 stand for PO Box 344. It is offered all over the web for as little as £9.99 per month and you can have one right now if you like as well as the phone number.

Certainly, whoever calls himself "Cracked IT" should be hanged, drawn, quartered and burnt but the sad story is that he most likely is somewhere in a third world country using a fake ID and Visa top up cards that can easily be obtained nowadays, so his true identity would have to be identified by Serious Fraud Office. By the way here is their e-mail for all those already scammed:

intelligenceunit@sfo.gsi.gov.uk

Regards, Peter A.

andreab3
4/20/10

I too got all excited, I'd only applied for two jobs and I got one! Yay!
However, the moment I read "send us a cheque" the alarms bells rang. I promptly sent them a ferocious email, it made me dead mad to read that they would be able to tell what sort of person I was by sending money to go towards the cost of the uniform. Er, yes that would be a damn fool!
Oooh if I could get my hands on these thieving scumbags..
I'm gonna get in touch with the Daily Mirror about this, anyone know any programme makers that can go round and show them up for our entertainment? Hehe

eepy
4/20/10

They only asked you for £55 ???
They asked me for £85.......

Times are hard i guess..... even in the scamming busines

davidw15

rubish

hayleyo
4/20/10

I have actually paid the £54.95! I was that desperate to get some work as I have a new baby, it is now 20 days since I still have not received any Uniform. I know that it was sooooo stupid of me, I just wondered if anyone had paid it and managed to get their money back. Should I go to the police... what are my chances of getting it back? I am just going to e-mail them and ask them for a refund. I will see what comes back, if anything.

danielm3
4/20/10

I sent a reply to them which consisted only of a link to this review page - rather surprised by the reply that came back very rapidly....email copied below:

Re: Job Application Decision From Easy Drop.
Tuesday, 20 April, 2010 7:59
From:
"info@easy-drop.co.uk" <info@easy-drop.co.uk>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"Daniel Miller" <trowelandmattock@yahoo.co.uk>

Hi,

Thank you for giving us a chance to respond to you. This is most certainly not a scam. What you have seen are comments made by ignorant people who will not give us a chance. Site jabber will not post our reply to the allegations which is most unfair. We are currently recruiting drivers in all areas. Our website inviting clients to use us will be launched at the beginning of May. We are inviting drivers to become partners which are why we ask for a contribution towards costs. This is a new way of operating which is why I wish people would just give us a chance.

All the best

On Tue Apr 20 7:59 , Daniel Miller sent:

note reply came in less than a minute - too fast for a real person?, perhaps not...but also cloud be part of further scam .any thoughts?

benh1
4/19/10

has anyone ever actually paid the £56 and never heard back?

nickb
4/19/10

Has anyone ACTUALLY gone through the process and ordered their kit and working for them? How do you know its fraud if no-one's actually paid the £60?

Nick

mohammedk
4/18/10

WHAT A SCAM, MY HUBBY APPLIED FOR THE JOB AND GOT THE JOB WITHOUT ANY INTERVIEW, SO I GOT A BIT SUSPICIOUS, AND THEN THEY WANTED THE CASH FOR THE UNIFORM, SO I CHECKED IT OUT ON GOOGLE WHERE I SAW THESE REVIEWS, SO THANKS, BUT DONT GET FOOLED ITS ALL SCAM. (AND MY HUBBY WAS THINKING HE CAN EARN ALL THAT MONEY, I THOUGHT IT WAS TOO GOOD TOO BE TRUE)

kerryf
4/18/10

I can't believe this my partner applied for a job and they offered him the position without any sort of interview or checking. Thought I would do a little digging my self and when I googled them this is the only thing I could find. I am so glad I read these first before handing any cash over that we don't have. We are gutted to put it mildly. Please don't hand any cash over it is all a lie and I can't believe they are allowed to get away with it. I have reported them and I think the police shuld be informed this is daylight robbery.

andrewl3
4/17/10

Thanks for confirming this to be a scam.

My wife found it and suggested it, but advised me to check it out, nevertheless. So glad that I did

Personally, got suspicious because of request for money up front and the letter offering the job included "We are pleased to inform you that we are in a position to utilise your services in the areas that you specified," yet none was specified. This made we suspect that it was a standard letter and therefore possibly a scam. Also there is no talk of a contract for you to be working with a supposedly reputable company.

Definitely not to be taken seriously. My advice: stay clear.

Andrew

frankn2

same old same old
Thought this was the way out of the s*^t but another scam never send money unless you check these type of sites out

suem7
4/17/10

I saw this site advertised and told my son who is desperately looking for a job after being ripped off by The Training Room but thats another story!

Thank you so much for the warning. He got the same e-mail etc and when he rang they said they were so busy they couldn't take the call but gave options which I listened to. How on earth somebody wanting to send a parcel would go on I don't know - thats when I got wondering and decided to look again at the website. Just don't fall for it!

mikeg9
4/15/10

A definite scam. Search for 'pathway driving services' or 'jobs for drivers' for the same/similar scams in the past 5 years.

richards4

Paul Arrow

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrar:
Mr Michael Saunders [Tag = WEBSPEED]
URL: http://www.webspeed.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 17-Mar-2010
Renewal date: 17-Mar-2012
Last updated: 17-Mar-2010

Registration status:
Registration request being processed.

Name servers:
dns.bizsiteservice.com
dns2.bizsiteservice.com

andrewt
4/13/10

glad found reports telling of this lot as was about to pay for uniform Ireceived the email as reported saying being successfull should have known scam as getting job with no interview or as fast as the response

karenm11
4/13/10

THOUGHT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE WEBSITE COFIRMED SO WAS ABLE NOT TO BE OUT OF POCKET

paulm12
4/12/10

Thank's to this website I have saved £55 of benefit. I am realy strugeling and need work. how can these people prey on the inocent and get away with it, something needs to be done about them.

Paul M

davidm14
4/11/10

Thanks for the advice, I was very nearly about to send a cheque over and got really excited about this job, extremely gutted about that. I am thinking about reporting this to the police to. I am someone who is looking for a job, clearly in need of a salary and they are that evil to try and take £55 of my benefits!! :@:@:@