US Government's NSF

15 Reviews for Dvdbestonline.com

▼ Sort by: recent

candycea
7/15/13

SCAM. FRAUD. BOOTLEGGED. My mom ordered True Blood Season 4 from this website and I knew something was wrong the second I looked at the packaging and box set itself. The packaging is all in chinese. I can't read anything on it except my address. The box set itself has punctuation errors and the story summary written on the back of the box I cannot comprehend. It's like the summary was translated from chinese to english with words being interchanged/or completely missing. It just doesn't make any sense. There is also a note at the very bottom of the box set in the smallest print possible that "some episodes may be edited from their original network version." Another red flag: There is a Showtime logo when True Blood comes on HBO. I did not open this product, but immediately went to the website for return information. There is no customer service number listed anywhere on the website and no return address information. You have to send an email for this request, or do the "live chat" which promptly told me they were offline and to send a message. Return policy is confusing and doesn't make any sense either. If you have ordered from them, cancel if you can. If you have received your item, return it immediately if you can get the info to do so. When all else fails (because it seems as it most definitely will with this company) dispute with your credit card company to get your money back. Bad experience, bad business practices and will stay far away from them in the future.

billyb6
7/13/13

Had an fake BBB stamp on their site that made my mom feel safe buying from them. When I saw the DVD box set, it was pretty obvious it was a fake: the box was different from the other seasons, the DVDs themselves were not in proper containers (they were all in sleeves). It wasn't long after that we found out that the season we ordered isn't even available in our country yet.

In short, this site is bull$#!t!

josephd20
11/15/12

Their website stated that you get a $5.00 off coupon for registering. I registered with them. On the coupon link was a $3.00 off and a $5.00 and it stated that coupon offered could be combined. The $5.00 coupon did not work. I contact them about the issue. Immediately the web site was changed and the $5.00 coupon was marked as expired.

The next day my credit card company alerted me to a charge to my account. I looked into it because the amount was unfamiliar. It was from a company name Notto Anniversary. I had my credit card company de-authorize the payment.

I e-mailed them copying and pasting the information right off their web pages. Again they have changed their website and would not honor what was there when I registered and placed my order.

This is directly from you web site:
$5 off coupon for new register
Discount(s) & Coupon(s) we can give you now!
5% discount of the postage if you spend USD $50 for postage
1% discount of total amount if you spend USD $100
Once you register on dvdbestonline, you can get a coupon for amount USD $5 and the expiration is 100 days.
All discount(s) & coupon(s) can be used together.

So I registered before I placed my order.
Lost: Seasons 1-6 Boxset $69.99
Shipping: 36.00
Sub Total: 105.99
Saved $1.80 USD for postage
Saved $3.18 USD for total amount
Use Coupon, Saved $3.00 US
Total Paid: $98.01

AMOUNT CHARGED BY Notto Anniversary: $101.96

Correct Total: $93.01 (If the $5.00 Registration Coupon worked)

Then I receive another e-mail stating the product I ordered was Out-of-stock and they would send me a more expensive but at no cost to me. I canceled the order. This site is a complete scam!

bda
3/8/12

i entered a search for a movie set being released in May 2012! (see where I'm going yet?) Well, DVDBESTONLINE said they had it in stock, ready to ship and it is only MARCH 2012. Also, their price is 1/2 the price of anyone else but wanted 3 times the shipping costs. So, I started to search for information about the quality of business they do and ended up here. I wont ever shop from them! They have typos on their website, and the copies they have to be bootlegs if they are selling before the actual release date. "buyer beware or bye bye money"!

gwendolynp
1/26/12

Wow. Don't buy here. Looks good on surface but is serious pirate copy shop and heaven knows where your credit information goes. Note to all, if they have that many spelling errors and typos and grammar issues, they are not to be trusted.

jenniferc22
1/3/12

I ordered the KYLE XY box set from this company. I received it two weeks later, and all 16 dvds were blank! I have emailed the company numerous times to get a return address, and they do not reply. The company even sends out a false email from DHL global that contains a virus in the attachment. I think this website needs to be shut down so other people don't get ripped off.

THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED AND CLOSED DOWN.!!

felicef
12/30/11

i ordered several dvds from them and received confirmation that it went through
next day i couldn't access my account cannot review what i bought despite several attempts sending them email
there always seems to be a problem with their site when your trying to reach the
soon after purchases were maid with my credit card that weren't mine
STAYAWAY

elises
12/28/11

I have just started ordering online, and didn't know about checking in the search for complaints made againts the company, untill a friend told me, but it might be to late as i placed a big order with this company. I seen theses complaints and stright away tried to cancel cause on the website it said it hadn't shipped yet, but the next morning i received an email saying that it got shipped days ago, but when i was talking to the online help on the website he told me it hadn't sent due to busy time of year (christmas) I keep getting told different things. Also i contacted the austrailia post and they have no record of the tracking number and it's been 10 days since i paid for it, i'm contacting china post now. please help i just want my money back and to cancel the order??

roba4
12/21/11

Ordered DVD in Oct, didn't arrive ever. Company said they would refund, but haven't. Fraud report filed with NY state. Credit Card company(USAA) fortunately reversed charge & also initiating fraud.

craigd8
11/3/11

pirate copies. do NOT give this site your banking info. That domain needs to be seized ASAP.

ritak2
10/18/11

So when I bought my Skins Series 1-4 Box set from this site I didnt realize it was bootleg. However, except for a few misspelled words on the back of the box, I think they must have copied the original DVDs because everything was in standard definition and the music was different ("Music may differ from televised version" was the same for the non-bootleg DVD version). It also worked in my and also my friend's DVD player. So I guess I got really lucky. It also saved me 50% compared to what I would have spent if I bought each series separately. This being said, I probably won't buy anything from them again because you'll never know what you're going to get. The reason I bought from them in the first place was because the DVDs were Region free, and all the other legit ones were Region 2 (and I needed Region 1).

jr30
10/12/11

DO NOT BUY DVDS FROM THIS SITE! THEY ARE BOOTLEGGED. PURCHASED A DVD "BETTER WITH YOU" AN ABC SITCOM, CAME FROM CHINA AND WAS RECORDED FROM A TV SET!....HAD NO MENU AND STARTED WITH THE 20TH CENTURY FOX LOGO (THIS IS A ABC STUDIOS PRODUCTION), ALSO WAS BLURRY AND NOT CLEAR. THE SHOW HAD THE ABC LOGO TO THE RIGHT OF THE SCREEN AND THE HD LOGO CAME UP WHEN THE SHOW STARTED. WAS DEFINITELY A TAPING FROM A TV SET. DVD HAD NO MENU EITHER TO SELECT EPISODES, ALSO CAME FROM CHINA!!!! VERY UPSET, NOTIFIED WEBSITE AND THE ABC NETWORK REGARDING THIS ISSUE. THE FIRST DVD OF THE FOUR WAS SCRATCHED HEAVILY TOO AND GOT STUCK IN DVD MACHINE. --- DON'T BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE --- I AM WARNING YOU NOW!...CHARGED BACK THE CHARGE TO MY CREDIT CARD AS THIS IS FRAUDULENT MATERIALS!....SO MAD!

mimis2
9/14/11

Ordered a DVD box set from them. When finally arrived, it was wrapped in paper with chinese writing. The complete 13 disc set did not work on either my dvd or blu ray player. Have been trying to send emails to their customer service link requesting refund and requesting return info. To date, they keep putting me off with the response to try discs again. In disgust this evening, I have submitted a dispute on my credit card.

hmilyj
3/14/11

I have bought a box set from this website.I have a worried because it's my first time buy the item from the site.But now i have received the item.It's arrived at earier than i expected and it's a good price for the awesome quality.Very satisfied!

ladyd1
11/29/10

At first glance....looks safe with bbb stamp and money back guarantee posts every where and multiple customer review.....but once I entered my bank info..it went to a weird page with small bank logo asking me to verify my SSN to protect my card,..then was rerouted to unavailable webpage.....I then called my bank to find out that no purchase was ever electronically made.....sketchy....let's just say I changed all my stuff!!!!!

Best Online DVD Store Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber