US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

amandak10

the customer service is not that bad as the reviews above lol x (in 72 reviews)

mimil5

I got my wedding dress from here, and I am delighted with it! (in 45 reviews)

jossl

I got my daughter's prom dress from them and it was so lovely and stunning given that the dress is not that pricey. (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jennas15
9/29/14

I want to thank you for your dress and your service!

The dress has arrived and is very beautiful!!!

I promise that I will be doing more business with you in the furture!

Jenna

jesh1
9/25/14

At first, I was really hesitant to buy a bridesmaid dress online. I had no other options though, so I ordered one and hoped for the best. I AM SO HAPPY THAT I DID. The quality is remarkable, the detail in the beading is beyond beautiful.I will continue to order dresses from dressale! Thank you so much for making a quality dress that fits me so perfectly! I am so thrilled with my order! High-five star dressale! :)

annettes5
9/25/14

Never,never have know of such horrible customer service.Measure this,measure that,it don't fit.PERIOD.What else but offer your customer a refund.So what you might get it right every now and then.Be a good business and not just scam.Do the right thing.You sometimes have to return things,good business send return labels.These folks just send a dress and no papers in the box.No thank you just a dress.DO NOT ORDER

Tip for consumers: Be Ware,if you what good customer service.Customer service that's a phone call away,not e-mail a distance.And they want you to work for them;measure this;measure that,how bad can you get

sarahc77
9/17/14

These dresses are made in Guangzhou, Guangdong not California! They are then shipped to an outside shipping company in Utah (I called the external shipping company). I ordered a dress from this site and received the biggest joke in the mail. There were three holes in the fabric, a black ink stain and a pink stain on the outside of the dress, and what appears to be sweat or water stains on the inside. The lace is fraying in multiple places, and the beading and sequence were popping off before I even tried it on for the first time. The zipper broke with first pull. The stitching was VERY uneven. The bust line was VERY uneven. The hem line was not centered. I could go on and on... When I contacted them by email (as they have no telephone number listed anywhere because they are overseas) I got jerked around by several different people who were telling me to take pictures to send them before they would give me a return address. This is not in their return policy listed on dressale.com! I took 37 pictures of the dress and sent them just to be told that it would be better for dressale.com if I just had the dress fixed locally!!!!!! If you value your money that I'm sure you work just as hard for as I do if not more, and you want to receive a quality product with your earnings then I STRONGLY implore you to shop elsewhere as you will surely not be satisfied with this site and their laughable "customer service". I am now 4 weeks and three days from my wedding that I could barely afford to begin with and I am now out all the money I spent on this disaster of a wedding dress and I am out the dress. I have been to three separate tailors to have them quote what it would cost to fix the dress. Two quoted more than what I initially paid for the dress as it would basically have to be completely remade and the third lady told me she didn't even feel comfortable working with the dress!!!!

Tip for consumers: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IF YOU VALUE YOUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS AND WANT QUALITY PRODUCT FOR YOUR MONEY DO NOT SHOP AT DRESSALE.COM!!!! You can still find quality work for a budget if you shop smart. I did not and I suffered greatly for it! Read reviews of sites before you buy. I wish I had! All you have to do is type the work "review" and then the website you are inquiring about in the search bar and you can read all the reviews you want.

patyb
9/13/14

Horrible customer service. Do not buy from tgis place. They have no respect for a customer. Never seen anything like this. TERRIBLE!!!!if i could leave at no stars, that is my review.

Tip for consumers: TERRIBLE!

billieh16
9/7/14

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! They are not willing to correct their mistakes or issue refunds when they are in the wrong!!! The product they ship you is not what they describe.

I ordered this dress in white in custom measurements. The item they sent me looks nothing like the dress in the photo. The v-neck bodice is not as low. The back is straight, not in a v-shape. The hem is crooked. All the seams are puckered. The dress is not made from satin and lace, it is made from rayon. The sleeves do not have lace on them, they have beading, and so much of it that it makes the dress to heavy to wear. The hem of the dress should be tight fitting, yet it was very loose. The sleeves should be tight fitting, yet they were very loose. The lace on the back of the dress and some of the appliques are not even sewn onto the dress properly so that they are just barely hanging onto the dress by a thread, literally. The workmanship overall of this dress was extremely poor, especially for the price I paid for it. When I supplied photos and description to the company, their response? "If I would take it to a local tailor to be adjusted, they would give me a discount on my next purchase." I am just out the money I spent on this dress then because I WILL NOT be purchasing any more items from this company!!!

Another item in my order, a white faux fur shrug with pearls, was supposed to have a ROW of pearls on the shrug. Instead the item they sent me had a GIANT ROUND BROOCH of pearls. Also, be aware that this shrug attaches/closes with a safety pin. When I reported their mistake to the company, their response was that "as long as the quality of the item we sent you was good, we will not replace or send you a refund". It wasn't even what I ordered! Now I am stuck with something I didn't want!

Another item in the same order was a personalized wedding car cling. The item is supposed to be 11.02 inches high by 21.65 inches wide. The item I received was 6 inches high by 11 inches wide. The date was in the incorrect format. They used an European date format. The font shown in their picture is not what is used. The colors requested in the order is not what they send you. The item is cut out by hand. Very cheap overall.
Nowhere near worth the $16.00 I had to pay for this item!!!

And to top things off, I paid for expedited shipping and it took 28 days to get my order. When it arrived, everything was stuffed into an envelope half the size of the dress, even though it says on their website that they ship in a lining bag and cardboard box.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't make the same mistake so many of us have by ordering from this horrible company!!!

Tip for consumers: Terrible customer service, lousy workmanship, offers no refunds - BUYER BEWARE!!!

elzbietai
9/6/14

The dress is unwearable! The fabric around the neck / armpits and under the lace is scratchy and hurts the skin. The tailor / cut is poor. There is too much fabric under the lace starting under the chest and continue to the bottom of the dress. The sweet heart cut looks like bird wings. The size of the dress is good and the lace is nice. However, everything else is poorly designed and made. Proved photos and description to company and they could careless.

Tip for consumers: Do not buy from them

sarahb101
9/5/14

Terrible TErrible Terrible. I ordered a dress for my reception here and it was a total bust. I used Paypal and they would not refund my money because they do not cover custom items (because every item is made to order) so do not even bother with them. I ordered a dress and a few days later they contacted me saying that they could not complete the order until I confirmed the new lace for the dress. I did not like the new lace and asked for a different option. They told me that that was the only option I had. So I asked to cancel and they told me that I couldn't do that unless I wanted to "suffer significant economic loss". I argued with them for a month about the fact that it is not my fault that they could not fulfil the order and that I wanted a full refund. I ended up having to go through my bank to do a chargeback. Their customer service is terrible too. Never EVER EVER EVER ORDER FROM DRESSALE!!! total scam. I also left a bad review on their site and they deleted it immediately!!!!!!!! So basically all of the reviews on the site are fake!!! never do it!

Tip for consumers: Save yourself the trouble and JUST DONT.

jossl
8/28/14

I don't know why there are so many negative reviews for this company. might be an isolated incident. Anyway, i'm giving this company a 5 star for meeting my expectation, even beyond my expectation. I got my daughter's prom dress from them and it was so lovely and stunning given that the dress is not that pricey. I'll definitely recommend the site to my friends.

nounas
8/28/14

Warning warning unless you want to waist your time & money. I ordered a custom-size dress for my mother and it was 4 sizes too big, nothing like the picture & really poorly made. When I emailed them, Stella , Jwels & Gina told me I had high expectations and that's why I'm not happy. Their argument is that in their opinion the dress is as close as 90% to the picture, not even 20% would do it justice let alone the material. Worst site I have ever come across. Be careful I am dam straight serious!

Tip for consumers: No no no - warning warning!
1 star means liars

julies39
8/26/14

I ordered 2 pair of high heels from dressale and they fit perfectly! Price and quality is good. I feel like the site has newest and most fashionable shoes. The time between ordering and delivery was quick so I did not have to wait too long. I experienced good service and quick reply on all my questions. Thanks dressale!

heatherh23
8/26/14

DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!! I ordered a dress from this site and was guaranteed a delivery date of 3-5 days. Before I purchased the dress I tried to confirm if this delivery time was in fact correct and found no other information telling me otherwise. I received an email from "Stella" requesting further information including my even date. I stated the date was irrelevant since they said 3-5 days. My next email was to tel me that in fact it would take a total of 27 days. I then told them since they could not deliver when I was told at time of purchase, I wanted to cancel my order. 13 emails later they are still trying to get me to buy the dress and each time I tell them I want my money back. They have told me how much I'll lose in fees including to PayPal, but when I filed a dispute with PayPal they said they do not charge fees for refunds. "Stell", "Esther", and "Gina" told me it was my fault I did not know how long the dress would take when I pointed out to them nothing was stated at time of purchase. Nice customer service, right? I have also filed a dispute with my credit card company, but wanted to make everyone aware of the deceptive practices of this company. BEWARE & think twice before ordering from them.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM DRESSALE.COM!!!!!!

teresah15
8/25/14

I wish I could give them no stars but that's not an option. I don't know about all the positive reviews on here, but some of them seem very fake. The English is off, if you know what I mean. Now as for the business -- it is horrible. First off, they don't have a proper English speaking staff. Half the time, I could not understand a word they were saying. I sent in the measurements in and then they informed me of an additional 20 dollars per dress, which was not stated on the website. That's fine, I thought and proceeded with the order. The dresses were 1-3 inches smaller that the measurements I had sent in. When I asked them to fix it or send me material to fix it, they replied with "it's reasonable to expect 1-3 inch differences" --- really? Then why on earth would I send in measurements? Seriously, the WORST customer service experience ever. Additionally, the dresses do not look anything like the picture. Buyer beware and take your money elsewhere! I have now contested the charge with my credit card company.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use it. Take your money elsewhere.

stephanied11
8/21/14

This dress I ordered was beautiful, however, when I received the dress, the zipper was faulty. The customer service for this company is a joke. They refuse to refund anything, and continue to state that their quality control department state that the dress was fine, so they will not refund. Whatever happened to "the customer is always right." Very unprofessional in emails, customer service is horrible. DO NOT RECOMMEND ordering from this company.

mariaw22
8/21/14

I was so worried ordering online and kept thinking it would never arrive. Well, I was attracted by the amazing price. For the same dress, it was so much cheaper than local shop. I decide to take a risk. Well it did arrive! and I am very happy with my purchase and it arrived on exactly the same day as stated. Good quality and beautiful material, fit me so much! I recommend! Good company to me!

cecilial7
8/14/14

My dress came 3 days before the scheduled date so thank you very much dressale. The quality of the dress is amazing and made to perfection, except for the color was a little darker than I expected but it is understandable shopping online. For anyone considering to buy a dress I would highly recommend the site dressale!

laurar36
8/13/14

I ordered two dresses to be delivered on expedited delivered. 3 business days later and all they have done is take my money. No shipment made. Scam. Scam. Scam.

marisols2
8/10/14

No trouble shopping with amazing dress! I recently purchased a dress for my wedding and I could not be more excited. The dress is so gorgeous! The size is fit me and the color is exactly what I wanted! It looks exactly same as the pictures. Then top it all off with an amazing price and very fast shipping.... Can we say WINNER!!! I will purchase more items from the site!! Hail to Dressale!!!

carmens11
8/7/14

I ordered this dress in the color yellow. Its fabric is very classy and the way it fits my body is very beautiful. this is my second dress that i ordered from this site. The first time I ordered from the site, I was very satisfied with my dress and this time I ordered again because their people called me and said if I ordered again, I can have a special discount. It happened that I need a dress for a party, so I appreciate them and ordered again.I am absolutely impressed by the fact that the second dress is also very high quality and the price is not too high! From now on i will always check this site before ordering a prom dress!Thank you dressale.com!

sylviat
8/7/14

I ordered a custom made Mother of the Bride dress. It came on time but was 3" too small on the bust. There was also 1-1/2" of padding in the bust and no allowance made for this in the measurements, making the dress 4-1/2" too small. I wanted Dressale to take the dress back or refund my money. They told me (a) it was a small issue (b) take it to a tailor to fix (c) buy another dress and they will give me a $15 discount (d) buy another dress and they will give a 15% discount, all the way up to a 20% discount, (e) I measured incorrectly. In fact, I had a professional dress designer take my measurements to be absolutely sure of correct sizing. (f) if I send back, I will have to pay an additional 80% to have the dress remade plus all courier costs. Dressale will never answer the specific question you pose to them and just come back with "buy another dress and they will make it bigger". In fact, they harass you to buy another dress with a discount. They have never accepted responsibility for making the dress too small; told me it passed through QC, so it is the correct size. I am the one who is wrong.

I have forwarded this matter to Visa and they are pursuing, so long as you tell your bank within the 45 days after receiving the product, they will pursue on your behalf.

davids243
8/6/14

DresSale promised us our dress would be here in time for our wedding. Ordered 2 months ahead of our wedding and used custom measurement options which cost more to ensure the dress would be right. DresSale sent us a dress less than HALF the size of the measurements sent. Dress was very pretty and if it was not made for a child, would have been great. Contacted DresSale and was asked to purchase another dress. We refused to purchase a second dress and after many emails they sent a second dress. This one was closer to the right size but still FAR from correct. Also they did not stitch it correctly and put some really horrible boarders on the dress that should not have been there. Very poor customer service and very poor quality workmanship. They want to send me a $15 refund on a $200 purchase for 'my trouble' since they missed our wedding date by several days. Missed the date, wrong dress, and they still think they are in the right to keep our money. Do yourself a favor and do not purchase from this company.

dawna7
8/6/14

IF UNHAPPY WITH PURCHASE, AND WANT A REFUND, READ FOR SOLUTION: I bought a formal dress from Dressale.com for my son's wedding. The dress arrived stuffed in a bag, poorly sewn, crooked, falling apart, and a straight pin stuck in the waistband still. I sent several emails to the customer service for a full refund to which they said to have a local seamstress fix the dress, and they offered a discount on my next purchase (as if). I noticed the payment was processed through Pay Pay so I called their customer service at 1-888-221-1161, and was told as long as it is within 45 days from purchase I could file a claim. PayPal is giving them 10 days to resolve the issue, and if they do not PayPal will refund the money. CALL THEM

karinan4
8/3/14

Ordered an evening dress for my wife, it arrived after about 3 weeks. Absolutely fabulous!! Dress was exactly as pictured and fit her like a glove.The quality of the dress was as good as the dresses we looked at in high end shops locally. When I took my wife to a party, she get high praise and she feel so happy. Thanks dressale, will definitely order again.

celines
7/27/14

Two months ago, my friend had a very attractive prom dress, I asked her where she had bought it.She told me she bought from dressale, which was found when search in Google. I decided to try and ordered a prom dress from the site. It take little long time to receive it. But when I was wearing this dress I felt so elegant. I wore this dress to my brother's party and everyone kept saying how beautiful it was.The price was incredible, the quality was good as well as my friend's,well done,I would definitely order from dressale again.

udiw
7/25/14

STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRESSALE.COM THEY AR ERIP OFF!!!!!! WHAT A WASTE, THEY ARE CHEATERS, THEY SEND ME THE WRONG COLOR OF MY DRESS AND THE DRESS WAS NOT ALL THE WAY STITCHED AND WHEN I TOLD THEM THEY SAID, FIX IT AT THE LOCAL STORE, CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW RIDICULOUS THAT COULD BE? PLUS THEY OFFER OFF ON NEXT PURCHASE, WHO WILL GO THROUGH THEM AFTER SUCH A BAD EXPERIENCE, THEY ARE CRAZY, SAVE YOURSELF SOMETIME, FORGET ABOUT REFUND, MY 200DOLLARS DOWN THE DRAIN, I EVEN OFFERD TO PAY SHIPPING, WANTED REFUND BUT DID NOT WORK!

mariamv
7/24/14

not happy Benny promised cap sleeves for my dress ,rang me and i explained what i wanted but recieved only a piece of joined material instead of proper sleeves.When i enquired he demanded more money instead of fixing the problem and sending me proper sleeves for my dress.He promised cap sleeves included in the dress thats why i bought the dress.Finishing touch in the dress is very untidy.Very disappointed

blancaa1
7/24/14

This is worth experience that I have had buying online. Customer service are useless, the quality of the produce is terrible, and to get a refund is a nightmare, and the refund that they want to give you is point in to the account like if after the bad experience you will go back to buy with them.

dess7
7/24/14

The (Mother of the Groom) dress I ordered looked nothing like the picture. It also does not fit. The quality of the fabric was poor and the colour varied between the different fabrics. There was no beading as in the picture, just loads of sequins which made the dress look cheap and awful. The stitching was poor too. I also ordered a Jacket which I paid for, but did not receive. DresSale would not return my money for the jacket or even discuss any refund on return of the dress. I cannot even sell the dress as it has been made so badly. Ready for the rubbish bin. Very disappointing and a waste of money.

gracel19
7/22/14

I am so thrilled with the selection of clothes on Dressale! They have so many options, from dresses to sweaters to blazers and everything in between. And the styles are so unique! If you are looking for basic items, they have great, classic, simple pieces. They have a fantastic selection of vintage dresses, with some patterns that are like nothing I've ever seen. It is so fantastic!

clarabelleo
7/21/14

I was so disappointed with my dress. It looks so different from the picture and was poorly made. The color and fabric are so different . Things are uneven and sloppy. The customer service was disappointing . Obviously I was not happy...they first suggested that I take the dress to a tailor to get fixed...really? Then they offer a discount on my next purchase as if I I'm really going to make another purchase, and then they offer a $10 refund on a $100 dress. Unbelievable. I was accused of having too high expectations and looking for perfection...of course I am!

So ridiculous.

priscilak
7/21/14

The tops that i have received were in a good quality and looked same as the picture on the site.More,they were always packaged well .The prices are reasonable.

alinam2
7/17/14

Do not order dresses of this website. They will send a poorly made replica of the dress you order, and when you address the sewing flaws and the poor quality, they will refuse to refund the money. On top of that they will attack your personality claiming that you want things to be too perfect. Very unethical and unprofessional, and the custom service really condescending. I am out $267. The dress looks cheap and is poorly made.

lium
7/17/14

This website can provide us different sizes and styles, I can pick out what I like most. Before I could go around the brick and motor stores trying to find suitable dresses for any event that I had. All my online experience got more exciting when I finally starting shopping for dresses from Dressale. This is store is perfect for both amateurs and pros in online shopping.

roseb40
7/14/14

It's a wonderful shop!!!

WOW!!!Fantastic service, beautiful dresses and reasonable prices! What more could you want? Love Love Love this site!

annep22
7/14/14

Well, let me tell my opinion, i ordered a dress from Dressale 3 days ago and i got my dress this morning. It was as nice as the pics they post on the Website! And the shipping was free! It's really cool! I love it!

szabinal
7/13/14

I think this sexy bikini was very appealing,in which i bought from dressale online shop. The bright yellow color was a nice shade to have and very appealing. I want to show my body and this was the perfect outfit in beach. Thanks very much, dressale.

melonier
7/13/14

I ordered a custom wedding dress. The measurements I provided were spot on. By the time the dress arrived, I had actually lost some weight. I could not zip up the dress. When I measured it, the dress was made 2 1/2 inches too narrow in the hips. When I contacted the company about the problem, they refused to issue a refund or replace the dress, claiming it is standard for the finished dress to be an inch or so off. My dress was more than an inch off and they did not disclose this on their order page. Had I known I would have added that difference to my measurements. Their solution? To offer me first a discount on my next order, then a 10% refund. They also suggested I could take it to a local tailor "to have it fixed". Why should I do that at additional expense? I already ordered another dress from another company because I did not have time to go back and forth with this company. Don't order from them. They have unethical business practices and don't care about their customers. By the way, I am out over $250 for a dress I cannot wear. I will say the finished product was beautiful and well made, just the wrong size.

lauraa12
7/12/14

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT order a DRESS (other things I got were very nice though) from this company. Made the mistake of ordering a custom made wedding dress. Went to a PROFESSIONAL tailor for my measurements as well. Got the dress and it is AWFUL! Ordered "champagne", got brown (not a big deal could live w/it though). They completely screwed up sewing it. It "fit" but, i can't wear it because of how it was sewn. When I put it on, it was uneven EVERYWHERE! It does not fall correctly, it is higher on the right side than the left, the lining makes it rise too high in the front, the "train" was sewn up which screwed up the back, etc. They didn't even include the "loops" for me to button the dress up! Also, even though I can easily do this, they didn't even "finish' it correctly (ie: clip hanging threads, trim up the lace,etc).Of course you can't "talk" to them so, I emailed them my complaints, sent them 48, yes 48, pictures of the errors and this is their response to me:
" Dear Customer,
Since we are custom made, there will exist the a little deviation, and that is unavoidable.
All the dresses on our website are not ready in stock and made in batches, it is normal that they are not 100% same with the pictures. There is also some difference between the fabrics in the pictures and the fabrics from our suppliers. Light effect and computer screen display enlarge the difference too.

As we are customer-made , all the dress is made according your requirement , Actually , the dress can not be second sold if return .
Jugding from your pic , there is not big problem of the dress . the embroidery arround the dress is by handmade and in high quality , if the dress size fit you well , it is perfect .

Best Regards
Esther Lin
Dressale Group"

Now, it looks like I am out all the $$ and they are going to do nothing

emmay5
7/9/14

i just received the product from dressale. well, it is not bad. the color is really what i want. and the quality is acceptable. besides, their shipping is really fast and good. in a word, i am quite satisfied with the cloth.

amys56
7/9/14

This is a great site with great customer service! I probably shop here too often; but the clothes last a long time. Their wedding dresses are simply the best. Never, ever had a problem with shipping and they have great promotions.

lindaj33
7/9/14

I ordered my Bridesmaids dresses from Dressale.com and it was the worst mistake that I ever made...I order the dresses in late April and they called to verify the order to get measurements for the dresses..which really didn't make no sense to me because when I ordered the dresses I ordered the size dresses that I needed/wanted...The dresses did not get delivered me until June 5 and my wedding was June 14...NONE of the dresses fit my Bridesmaids...I said NONE OF THE DRESSES FIT MY BRIDESMAIDS...it was like the dresses were running two sizes smaller...I was able to get two of the largest dresses altered to a smaller size and the other dresses I wasn't able to to NOTHING with...when I requested a refund for the two dresses that I wasn't able to use... they wanted me to take pictures and measurements of the dresses again...I should not have to PROVE to a company that has been PAID IN FULL about their mistake and the BIG INCONVENIENCE that they caused me the BRIDE...my word should have been more than enough for them to REFUND my money for the two dresses...I could have asked for a refund for all the dresses since I had to find other dresses to fit my other Bridesmaids...the dresses didn't fit and could not be altered... I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FOR THIS COMPANY AGAIN...BE AWARE AND BE WARN...UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER.

deedeed1
7/9/14

Horrible. Tried to get details on the return policy. Was told it depends on a promotion table. I asked how many days do I have to return an item. They said "probably about half a month" I said "so 15 days for a return?" She said " yes or less days". What? So I asked what else is included in the return policy she's said " that's it"
I found the return policy on their site it says
"If you are going to exchange/return the product please make sure that they are in the original condition: unused, undamaged and in original package. We can't accept the exchange or return after your order has been shipped."
Wtf?

nicoletaa
7/8/14

Here I bought a red dress.The dress was even more beautiful in person than in pics. The customer service is very helpful and respond all my emails in hours. The prices are unbeatable! And the quality of the dress exceeded my expectation also! I will use them again with any future occasion in my family.

nadias6
7/7/14

I am from USA and I was a bit sceptical about ordering my wedding dress from another country. But I read some reviews about dressale and took a chance. And I dont regret it at all. The service is excellent, I had many questions and dressale people answered them quickly and politely. After only one week and two days the dress came. I ordered it customed sized and it fits like a glove. The fabric feels expensive and luxourius. The dress is just amazing! I will tell all my friends about dressale! Thank you for making me the most important dress in my life!!

dancad
7/7/14

Ordered a dress, so poorly made that I could NOT wear for my daughters wedding.
They would not return or refund the dress. I asked for the owners number at least 100 times and no response.
NEVER order from them again!!

donnac36
7/7/14

I ordered a "mother of the bride" dress off of their website. I did not order custom, just a standard size. A week later I received an e mail that stated the dress would look only 60% like the picture. No other information. I contacted them and told them I could not buy a dress without knowing what it would look like. A week later they sent a polaroid of it supposedly "in process". It was awful. The picture only showed the top. God knows what the bottom looked like. I have been requesting a refund ever since. I get these broken english e mails telling me to pick another dress instead. I tell them I cannot take a chance on this happening again. My sons wedding was in a month. Now they say they will issue a refund but charge a restock fee. How do you restock something I cancelled and never got? I will be lucky if I get even half my money back. Buyer beware. The pictures are not what you will get. My dress is still on their web site.

marys132
7/6/14

Hi its me Mary, we really appreciated with the dress and the size is perfect we just received it today, all things are perfect as mentioned as they were shown on pics cat
talogue by next week i will order some more things, as i found they also have some casual clothes on the site, thanks again very much

christines29
7/6/14

This place is quite possibly the worst site run company I have ever dealt with.

I was looking for an inexpensive, simple dress for our beach wedding in the beginning of May. I came across dressales's website on a google search and found this simply yet pretty dress, reasonably priced. I had to get it quick because in a few hours, it wouldn't be on sale anymore (haha.. it's still on sale for the same price, by the way..scam #1). I went and ordered one.. paid the extra $20.00 for custom sizing and another $25.00 for better than average customer service. I received a call right after I placed my order.. and struggled to understand the person on the other end.. after several back and forths to confirm everything, we parted ways and I was told I'll have my dress on March 31st.

That is the only thing that went as planned...the dress was here on March 31st... in a sad little plastic bag... wrinkled so badly it'll need dry cleaning. On further inspection.. omg.. this thing looked like it could've been sewn by a 5 year old! Uneven hems, unfinished edges along the front pleats, fabric folded into a finishing seam, fraying edges, strings everywhere, and uneven pleats.. I was like ok.. it'll take some doing, but maybe I can fix it.. then I tried it on. It's like sucked onto my hips and my shoulders are popping out of the stupid thing.. really??! Measured it... I told them to make the hips 45.5 inches, it measures on the back end @ 22 inches.. 22 + 22 does not equal 45.5! I'm sorry.. and if if was @ exactly 45.5 inches.. it would still be wrong because there's no tolerance for a person to wear it.

I contacted Dressale and told them the problem and asked what do I do to get this dress back to them and get my money back... let the marathon of the run around begin.. they want pictures and 3 days to decide IF they're going to refund me my money.. I sent them pictures in a PDF format showing them the issues in each picture and a description what they were supposed to be looking at.. evidently their customer service team is not only insanely unprofessional.. (I think the same kid making the dress is the same kid servicing their customer service desk), they are rude as well! They also can't figure out how to open a PDF file.. or say they can't.. so they ask for pictures again. I replied back that the PDF has a whole bunch of pictures in it, they then tell me to email it to this other email address. Completely fed up and needing my money refunded soon so I can replace the dress, I have now escalated the claim with Paypal. I'm awaiting the decision as I type.

If you're a bride on a budget.. don't be lured in by the prices.. it's going to cost you a lot more in the end. Go to some place reputable like David's bridal or find something at a little mall boutique store. I wish I had...This whole experience has been a total nightmare.

07/06/2014

It's been over 2 months since my last dealing with dressale.com and they are still haunting me. I'm now receiving threatening emails from them, telling me if I don't send back their dress, they'll "never stop harassing" me and they plan on "exposing' my deceitful behavior on every social media site they could think of.. ie facebook, twitter, etc.

Here's some insight on what happened:
The original decision by paypal was as follows, they would refund me the full purchase price if I mailed back the dress to the seller. I agreed. When I went to mail it back, I found out the least expensive route would cost me $90.00. My dress had cost me $136.00, which would have only given me $46.00 back. I contacted paypal and spoke to a representative. She said she would contact the seller, which she did and will let me know what they said. I checked back a couple days later and the next rep I spoke to said they never responded to the 1st representative's request. It was then decided by paypal to issue me a full refund without mailing back the dress since it was so much to do so. Paypal was the at risk party, Dresssale got to keep the full purchase price of the dress.

I've contacted paypal, who were again wonderful and suggested I file a report on www.ic3.gov . They instructed me to ignore dressale's emails and block them. They also reassured me that it was paypal, not dressale that issued the refund, therefore, dressale never lost any money.

Please, please do yourselves a favor unless you enjoy getting harassing emails from fraudulent sites, don't buy from these guys!

Thank you for your time!
Christine

laureni3
7/4/14

DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!
I ordered 2 pairs of shoes and 4 shawls. I measured my feet and ordered according to their size chart. They arrived, and the shoes we so tight i couldn't even keep them on for more than 30 seconds. The shawls were supposed to be silver, they were gray....and not even a flattering color of gray. After many back and forth emails they told me my pictures were "invalid". When I sent more, they still didn't care. Such poor customer service. Thank God I purchased using paypal, so I have a way to dispute it!

metal3
7/3/14

I was searching for a shoes like this but i couldnt find anywhere that color, thanks to dressale now i have it, great job. You can find so many kind of fashionista clothes and shoes on dressale shopping site.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DresSale staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: whats the return policy?
1 week ago
th3884
A: With all due respect, it doesn't matter what they "say." This company is so dishonest. When they get enough bad reviews, they change their name. My order arrived after the promised date and we returned it COMPLETELY UNOPENED, still sealed! When I disputed it, because they would not refund (even though it was their fault it arrived late) they told my credit card company that it arrived worn and smelling like perfume. That was a complete lie! She never even saw the dress bc we did not open the container. I wish I would have looked at the reviews before purchasing. They received the unopened dress to resell and kept my money!!!!
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the DresSale staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

87 Photos for DresSale

DresSale?
Click here to post a review