US Government's NSF

Guangzhou, Guangdong

251 Reviews for DresSale

▼ Sort by: recent

6/22/14

I ordered a dress and it was a mess. I have attached youtube link to show how bad it is. The company keeps telling me that have quality assurance and 100% satisfaction, but they do not. The dress is unwearable, but they keep telling me it is fine. Please watch my video to see that it is not. Two different seamstresses looked at the dress and one would not touch because of all the work that needed to be done. The other couldn’t guaranteed anything, but said I was looking at $150 at a minimum for her to try to salvage the dress. The long blue ribbons going down the dress were uneven. One in particular was so bad, it stood out like a sore thumb in the front of the dress. The others made it look like uneven tentacles on the bottom of the dress. The seams around the waist were showing on one side, but not the other. There were “holes” in the dress that the seamstress noticed that I missed myself. The quality is so poor. This company did a very poor job. They have offered to give me 10% off my next purchase! I know I will NEVER purchase from them again. Then they told me that the dress is beautiful and wearable. It is not. Then they offered to reimburse me SOME money to have it altered. When I asked them to define SOME, they did not. I said I wanted to return the dress for full refund and asked for a prepaid shipping label, they said no and told me they would send me back 10%. After continually complaining, they offered me 20% refund. I am still waiting for 100% refund as they advertise 100% satisfaction guarantee, not 20% satisfaction.

6/19/14

This company is really bad.
- Very important. This company is not a buy-off-the-rack company. You buy the item then you get phone calls about waist, length, etc. so getting the item within a couple days like most stores is not going to happen.
- Next, GOD forbid you give them any incorrect info. Good luck with the dress.
- Returns - Not gonna happen. You have to submit tickets, wait for responses, then they tell you to do everything over again and send to customer service and wait for a response. By that time your 7 days are up to return the item and they basically tell you tough luck.
- The dresses are nice but not worth the hassle.
- My issue was even after all the measuring, phone calls, etc. The dress was absolutely cut wrong. The right side had more material than the left. The seem down the back would not line up properly and the zipper would not close. I could understand if the dress was too short or too long, but unless you are the Hunchback of Notre Dame, the dress will not fit.
- Also, English is not their strongest suit.
- Save yourself time and trouble and go to a mall, store, or another on-line company, the dresses will cost about the same and if you have a problem with the item you can easily return it hassle-free, you won't get that at Dressale.

UPDATE:
06/19/2014 - After uploading the pictures of the dress, which is proven by their site ticket log, plus confirmation from their customer service department of receipt of pics a couple of weeks ago, now that I want a refund for the poorly made dress I get an email:

"Dear customer,
We have no history record of receiving your pics.
Sorry for that.
Gina"

Well, Gina, took a screen shot and have the e-mail replies, this company is HORRIBLE!

6/17/14

ONE STAR IS ONE TOO MANY. The dress I received is beautifully made; however, it is way too small. The sleeves are so small that I cannot pull the dress up to my shoulders. It is 3" shorter than what I ordered. The hips, waist, and bust measurements are several inches smaller than their size chart. They refuse to fix the dress or return my money. They say the dress measurements fit their size chart so "we obviously did not make a mistake." They offered to refund me $14 ... What am I supposed to do with that? They are extremely rude and unprofessional. I am disputing this with Discover card. The dress fits my 11 year old daughter. Too bad she is too young for a $#*!tail dress. DO NOT ORDER FROM DRESSALE.COM

6/16/14

Never, ever buy anything from this website!!!!! This people are not professionals at all. The product does not look the same as on the picture, as much as it looks elegant and modern on the picture, the dress I received very heavy and uncomfortable, looks very old fashion. I received the dress which is size smaller and does not fit. They are a big times lie to you, company do not follow the return policy rules, making you look like a full. They are refusing to return your money back. To order dress from them is wasting your time and money. I am very disappointed and mad. Do not trust to any good review about this company. This company is doing fraud to collect your money which they would never return you back. I can not believe this company is exist on the internet ripping onset people.
RY, 6/16/2014

6/11/14

My friend and I purchased our prom dresses from this site. she had received her dress before me! Even though we purchased at the same time. I was so worried, but a week after my friend got hers I got mine. It was said to be delivered by the 10th, but I got it the 6th! So relieved. I'm rating it a four, because it didn't arrive at the same time with my friend's, it make me so worried. Any who, aside from that it was perfect.

6/10/14

I love the website, it's very easy to find what you're looking for, I love the colour choice aswell! The email was very informative and friendly! I really feel like I know where I am with my order and I'm very excited for it to arrive :)

6/10/14

I ordered wedding dress from dressale 1 year ago, I am satisfy with the dress. So when their people call me said I could have a special discount if I order from them again. I need a evening dress for a party, so I ordered again. I received them yesterday, the evening dress is perfect as the pictures and a very good quality again.I am very happy, thank you very much.

6/9/14

I was positively surprised when I received my order cases a week after I ordered it.

I'm also satisfied about the producted, which correspond to what I was excpecting.

6/8/14

I was so nervous about ordering a evening dress on line and even more so when I found out it was coming from outside of the US. It got here prior to its promised arrival date and it is simply beautiful. Fits me very well! Very Satisfied!!

6/7/14

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE. I ordered the dress and paid extra for custom measurements. They totally screwed up the arm sleeve and it was 5 inches smaller than specified so much so that I cannot wear the dress. Paid $200 and they are refusing to refund my money or fix the dress. Offered me only $25 because they said there was effort and no profit in the dress for them. I lodged a complaint with American Express. There was other issues with the dress as well. The zipper was so stiff, it stuck out on the back. Also the built in bra was poor quality and looked terrible. So don't order from this site unless you want to throw away money.

6/5/14

I ordered my wedding dress from dressale and couldn't be happier!! I was very nervous about making such an important purchase online but I'm so glad I did!! I got a gorgeous dress for a fraction of the cost. The craftsmanship is very good. I really can't express how happy I am when wearing the dress. I will buy special occasion dress in dressale in the further!!

6/3/14

My first negative review of an online vender EVER. Do NOT buy from these people. They will NOT return your money, not even when, as in our case, there was ample and varied evidence that the dress did not fit correctly. They did not honor their return agreement, even though I met the conditions. I ignored the bad reviews, so in a sense deserved what I got. Which was being out over $200 with NO recourse. Do not, not, not use these people.

6/3/14

I have been ordered from this site and have found it reliable and it is a good place to shop shoes.There are so many styles for choice and price is acceptable. From the orders I have so far made with them, I have received my items as advertised and they reach me in time and good condition more than expected. And shoes quality is good, suit for my foot, and comfortable.

6/1/14

PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS STORE.
I ordered dress from this site and it looked nothing like the picture on the website. Dress that turned up was more like a potato sack that a dress. When I contacted customer service that would not refund money even though they admitted that dress was different to picture only offered a discount off next purchase!! as if I would give them another cent. I am gutted that they have gotten away with $180 of my hard earned cash. Please do not use this company. I can send photo and email correspondence to prove

5/31/14

I purchased a dress for my daughter for my wedding. It took two months to arrive, which is what I was told to expect, they even called me to let me know and confirm colour etc. I was pretty excited to receive it. As soon as we pulled it from the package, we were so disappointed. It wasn't even the same as the dress in the picture, it was not good and there was a scissor cut in the back of it. I messaged them immediately and have done several times since, no response. Tried real person chat, no response. Each time I contact, they put the status of communication as closed. $119 I won't see again and a dress I can't use! :(

5/29/14

I absolutely love the mother of bride dress I ordered from this site! The material of the dress is exactly like the picture, very silky and soft to the touch. I tried it on and it's beautiful! Rich and the detail is amazing! Color is very gorgeous! It's just as pretty as it looks like! Fits me perfectly! Delivery was okay! And the price was nice!

5/28/14

My daughter and I were so excited when we found the prom dress on this website that she had pictured in her head and could not beat the price of the dress. We ordered the dress, a couple of days after order, I got a phone call at morning from the company about the measurements and the color of the dress, I had accidently recorded her hip measurement wrong and they said it didn't match up, we were able to correct it which then put me a little more at peace, I would periodically get on the website to check the status of the dress, a few weeks later it showed that it had shipped and in fact was being delivered that day, when I got home from work, I will tell you I was a little scared by the package, however once we opened the packed and pulled the dress out and my daughter tried the dress on.....It was perfect, it fit her perfect, it is absolutely gorgeous! Let me tell you if I did not breathe a sigh of relief! We would definitely order from this site again. Thank you Dressale.com.

5/27/14

I purchased a dress from dressale.com. While the dress was delivered as promised, it was 3 inches too small around the bust despite custom measurements being given. After multiple emails back and forth they admitred they didn't make correctly but refused to honor thier return policy from thier website and suggested I find a tailor. While the quality of the dress is good, it is completely not wearable due to thier mistake

5/27/14

when I was googling a nice prom dress for my girlfriend , I found the dressale website ad in the top of the search area, when my girlfriend recieved it ,guess what happened, she gave me a impressive kiss to payback, so i decided to write it down and voted for it.

5/26/14

I am very satisfied with my shopping. The dress just fit my expectation. The customer service was great and the shipment met the promised time.
Suming up - there is nothing negative to say and I will continue purchasing with Dressale in the future .

5/22/14

I wanted to give the company 5 stars, but I know that way, it would seem too sketchy. I made the mistake of ordering my dress before reading reviews on the website, and I immediately panicked about it. I messaged live chat asking when my order could possibly get here by. My prom is May 31, and I ordered April 24 (late for dress shopping, I know). I asked online on April 28, and they said that my order was already finished, will ship in 1 days, then they would email me a tracking number within the next 24 hours and they did. I was confused since my earliest arrival date was May 10, and latest date was May 24. It had only been 5 days and my custom made dress was already shipped. The shipping process began in Hongkong, and took no more than 3 days to get to Amercia. I ended up getting the dress May 3, less than 2 weeks after I had ordered my dress. The dress comes in a plastic bag, with the dress folded inside out to prevent any of the embellishments from falling off or being damaged. I tried on the dress, worried that they would just ship me a size 2 (I'm very short and tiny so I had to get a custom size a little smaller than 2), and it fit me according to the measurements that I gave them. I am very pleased with my order from them. I'm not sure how others could have experienced such a bad time with this site but I am super happy about mine! I know it sounds too good to be true that mine came custom sized and colored in a week since I've ordered it, considering I didn't pay for rush shipping like they asked, but I had a great experience with them!

5/22/14

BEWARE!!! I bought $401 worth of items. I paid express shipping 6-8 days. I contacted the company to find out where my items were, 14 days later. First they said my funds were frozen. I called paypal and contacted them back. Paypal said, no they had the funds for 2 weeks now. Then they said, “They did not make them because they tried to get a hold of me to make sure that’s the items I wanted”. I told them to refund me the money please; I thought I would have my items by now. They said, “we need over 20 days to make the items then, they would make them”. I said okay, I want a refund. They are now trying to take 30% for handling. What handling???

5/21/14

I have to say that I just received my daughter's prom dress and got it on the date I was supposed to and it looks amazing and fit on her. It looks even better than the pics. We will have to shorten it a little but that because she is not going to have heels on. I know some people will not always be happy but I feel that this site almost show negative reviews. I hope this will set some people at ease. We will use dressale.com again.

5/21/14

Today I received the A-line wedding gown that I ordered from Dressale on May 5th. After reading some of the other reviews on here, I'll admit, I was a little nervous. The dress arrived faster than expected. There were shipping and customs expenses, but that's to be expected when ordering from across the border. Anytime you order online, be prepared to pay an amount to customs, the government loves their taxes.

As for the gown... I am incredibly impressed. It is very well made, and is almost identical to the picture, the detail that has gone into it is fabulous and it fits great, despite the fact that I just measure the size by myself. The price, even after shipping and customs, was far less than I would have paid in any dress store. Altogether the originally marked $137.99 came to approximately $215 after all the charges. This wedding gown could easily be sold at a local store for $1000 or more. Good job,Dressale!

5/19/14

Shopping with Dressale was a great experience! This website is very reliable and has many beautiful products. Customer service was efficient and helpful in answering questions regarding their products. I bought my wedding dress from Dressale and it arrived promptly and was exactly as pictured. The price was very inexpensive and the quality and workmanship I would rate very highly. Overall, I am pleased with my purchase and experience with Dressale and would highly recommend them!

5/18/14

I bought a dress from this site and it was really nice. I also bought a couple of jewelry too. They all were nice and looked exactly like the picture.

DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!

I ordered a dress for my mom for my baby's christening. First they contacted me saying they could not find the "embellishments" on the skirt for the dress. So i told them i want the order cancelled. Not only did i strictly stand by my decision but they sent 5 emails trying to convince me on getting something else from the website. This has been going on for two weeks, and i still have been dealing with them. I highly doubt i will get a refund with how they are acting. I am so aggravated and upset with them, i have contacted my diacover cars to report fraud. Once again, do not buy anything from here! $

5/15/14

I ordered my daughters a Prom dress for high school party from this site. I went to the designers site to make sure they were an authorized online seller first and confirmed that they were. The dress arrived in about 1 months.The workmanship was amazing. It was absolutely stunning, my daughter is the highlight in the party, they asked where we ordered the amazing dress. I told them it is dressale website.Really, for me, I was very happy with my purchase, I was really impressed with the service and the delivery company, and will be ordering from them again for Prom.

5/15/14

This site is a fraud!! Ordered a dress and it came and was not the same dress. The lace on the neckline was all ripped and the trim was a different color and not the same as pictured. Their response was that they cannot supply the dress as advertised as it would cost alot more money. They also said that I have to accept what they supplied as it was similar and would they not warrant the ripped lace on the neckline or even the wrong lace trim. They said it wasn't that bad and I can pay someone to fix. They also have stopped responding to my requests.

5/14/14

Dressale received a five- star rating from me because they care about the needs of their customers and they have done their best to ensure that any questions I experienced with my order was solved to my satisfaction. I love their clothing because they are made to fit and the work is neatly done even on the inside and that of itself tells a lot about a company. I will continue to be their customer because I love their dress fashion and I think they are a fantastic company.

5/13/14

I was apprehensive about ordering my dress online, but my experience with Dressale was nothing but positive. I received it very quickly and it was perfect in every way.

5/11/14

Nice selection of shoes, and excellent service in terms of timeliness, tracking and quality of goods.

5/11/14

I bought my dress because it looked nice in the picture and it was on sale. The sale was ending that night, but when I visited the url for that dress again the next month, the sale was still going on. The sales just repeat so it looks like you're saving money. The sales representatives are very difficult to communicate with because they don't fully understand English, though they design it like an English-speaking website. They try to justify any errors in the dresses by saying they're all "handmade".

My dress took about forty days to be made, then I got an email saying it would arrive at my door in 3-5 business days. I contacted them 10 days later saying my dress hasn't arrived yet and they said they would email me later about the problem. They never did. I contacted them again two days later and they told me that I'll probably have to wait another four days. When I quoted their late shipping policy, they only responded with "." twice, then stopped replying to me. The live chat screen doesn't load at all now. They never gave me any compensation for the lateness.

After a quick search, I found that most of the "good" reviews on here are fake, and the pictures on their profiles are taken from girls (mostly non-English speaking, Italian girls) without their permission. A waste of a good amount of money.

5/10/14

Will never look at this site again. My dress came with bust size 8 cm smaller than size guide showed. Have sent so many photos as evidence and still to this day they asking for more evidence. I can't even do the dress up.Beads are falling off and it is the wrong colour. There way of fixing the problem is "You fix and we will offer 15% discount on next order". As if I would do this again

5/9/14

TERRIBLE DOESN'T BEGIN TO COVER IT. In my opinion, this place is a fraud!

We ordered a prom dress for my daughter. It was promised to be delivered April 25. It wasn't even shipped from China until the 24th, and arrived the Monday after her prom. Well, ok.

But more importantly, the dress that arrived was so poorly made, it looked like a jr. high home ec class made it. Threads dangling, fabric sewn into the seams to forms bunching and pleats, beading coming loose straight out of the box, uneven hems, and it hangs like a wrinkled tablecloth.

I've been trying ever since to get a refund under their "100% satisfaction guarantee," and what I've been getting is the runaround. They claim they haven't received the emails that I've sent repeatedly (at their request) to two different email addresses they gave, with pictures of the shoddy workmanship, and no refund, nor even a response to my complaints. And when I left a factual, but negative review on their website, it was promptly deleted.

In case you don't believe my review and the many many other negatives--have a close look at the positives -they're verbatim repeats of reviews on other review websites, and they're all written in stilted English, as if someone from, say, China, wrote them.

5/6/14

I love Dressale. I came across the site almost by accident and was amazed at how low the shoes prices were. I was slightly skeptical but thought for the low prices it was worth the risk. Was it ever! My order arrived and I loved my shoes. It was exactly as described and better quality. Since then I've made a few more order and couldn't be happier. I send all my friends to the site now and like me they can't believe how cheap it is.
The customer service is excellent. I sent one message regarding shipping/timing. It was responded to and handle within 12 hours. Which for an online message center I think is very prompt.
The points for writing reviews is also great. I love writing reviews regardless but it's nice to receive something for them!
I would definitely recommended shopping at Dressale.

5/5/14

Having been served perfectly by the dressale.com I can clearly state that shopping online was never easier and efficient for me earlier. The delivery time was accurate and the wedding dress I ordered had matched me perfectly. I found the services is highly satisfying.

5/4/14

WANT TO THROW AWAY MONEY? Dress came WAY TO SMALL! Contacted dressale with tape measurement pictures of dress and aruged for WEEKS--finally a professional seamstress confirmed that their measurements were correct HOWEVER, they lined the dress with a no-stretch lining making the dress way too small. When I contacted dressale AGAIN, they basically told me I was out the $185 but would remake the dress for a 10% discount! Doing the math, that would make the dress over $325(with NO GUARANTEE that the new one would fit!)! THEIR PRICES ARE CHEAP BECAUSE THEIR SIZES ARE WRONG! You will end up with a dress that is useless unless you order TWO sizes bigger! (BE CAREFUL--ONE REVIEW SAID HER DRESS WAS TOO BIG!!!) I would NOT recommend this site to anyone unless you are a gambler and have money to throw away!

5/3/14

i bought a total of 3 items from dressale, and i'm very satisfied. jewellery/accessories are just like the picture. i bought a pair of shoes too, and it fitted me well, so i have no complaints. the delivery is little expensive, but very fast, it's worth the money!

4/29/14

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!! My 3 dresses arrived today. The sewing quality is extremely bad and very amateur--uneven hems, threads everywhere, necklines finished very awkwardly. The dresses are bulky and heavy, not delicate and slinky as in the photos. I would not wear them in public. I did not check reviews before purchasing and I'm not going to waste my time trying to get a refund (I see from the reviews that it is impossible). I am embarrassed to give them to goodwill. Maybe I'll start a bonfire. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

4/27/14

I ordered a dress for my son's wedding. I ordered a custom size. I watched their on-line tutorial on measuring and provided them with accurate measurements. I gave a hip measurement of 42. The dress I received measures 40 3/4 at the hip and as there is no give to the fabric I can't even get the dress on. Even if I could get it on though there are so many other problems I probably would not wear it. The silhouette is very different then the picture, there are small blobs of dried glue on the front, and a stray thread in between the layer of satin and the layer of tulle which can't be removed, right on the bust! The companies response to the size issue was "Since all the dresses are made by hand, there is certainly will be difference. When it refer to size difference, it's common to have +1 inch or -1 inch difference. Actually this difference won't effect much when customers trying to wear them." Well actually having the dress one inch too small in fabric that doesn't stretch at all does affect me trying to wear the dress. LIKE I SAID, I CAN'T EVEN GET IT ON.
Regarding the issue of the difference in the silhouette the response is "Since all the pictures shown on our website are for reference and the dresses are custom made, they're 90% similar to the pictures instead of 100%. And due to the effect of light as well as screen display, it's inevitable to have some deviation." I read their website pretty carefully before I ordered and I don't remember it saying anywhere that you should only expect the dress you receive to resemble the picture by about 90 %. Regarding the blobs of glue on the front they suggested that I have the dress altered locally to remove them, for which they would compensate me. There would be no way an alteration will take care of the problem. They did not even address the thread stuck between the layers on the bust. What a disappointment this whole experience was. Not to mention a waste of money. I'm thinking about disputing the charge with Paypal but not sure if it's worth the aggravation.

4/27/14

ZERO STARS! ORDER AT YOUR OWN RISK! I ordered a bolero (Amazing Short Sleeves Lace Bolero with Floral Motif) to go with my wedding gown and had to repeatedly contact customer service for a valid number to track the shipping (0000 is what I was given). If you have had to correspond with them, the language barrier is obvious and it unfortunately further exasperates miscommunication. I finally received my bolero, two sizes too big, cheaply made/does not look like the picture, with no tag to confirm sizing, and no invoice or packing slip to reference. I’m currently going back and forth with customer service requesting a return. Never again…

4/26/14

Like me, if you give more importance to quality of clothes rather than anything else than dressale.com is the right destination for you. They offer amazing quality no matter whichever you category you choose. I don’t shop from anywhere else other than dressale.com as I find the collection to be very trendy and stylish and the price tags are very reasonable. The payment method is extremely simple and secured. I am a big fan of this site and people those who have not visited it; I would request them to do it right away.

4/24/14

I was so satisfied with Dressale that my mom and I took my cousin's fiancée here to pick out a gown for her. Without a doubt, we were able to find her the gown that she would be walking down the aisle in. Luckily, we were down to the last gown and voila! The gown that we chose both accommodated her style and the wow factor that my mom and I were looking for.

Thank you a billion Dressale! We love you!

4/24/14

WORST Company to deal with, EVER!!!

This company is a fraud. They take pictures from valid bridal shops and post them on their site. What they don't tell you is that you will get something like the pictures unless you pay more...this is FRAUD!!

The wedding gown I ordered was lovely and airy, but what I received was a horrible, heavy, and terribly sewn joke, to which they refuse to make right. They won't accept a return and whine about how hard it is to deal on the internet...hello, not my problem! If you say you can make a dress, then make that dress. Don't tell me after the fact that if I wanted the actual dress they advertise it will cost more. This company should be put out of business.

Avoid this place like the plague.

4/23/14

I see the shoes on a blog post, it really attract me, so I think I should have a try. then I bought the shoes, and less than 1 week, I received it with Fedex express. Though the shipping fee is little high, but I like fast service. and the shoes is very good and look exactly like the picture showed in website. and totally suitable for me, like it.

4/17/14

I'm a tall gal- teetering on 6 whole feet. When I was in college, I would fearlessly brave the streets of NY in 5" heels without a second thought. I also wore shorter skirts and pants seemed to be longer those days. In any case, I'm a little wiser, a little (not too much) shorter and although I'm practical, I'd still like to think that I obtain those stylish ways- what I'm getting at: no more 5" heels. Yes, I'm a flats girl and that's not a bad thing- nay, it's a great thing.

I LOVE finding amazing flats; it's like a treasure hunt. When I'm in the mood to hunt and ALWAYS find a winning pair, I go to DRESSALE because not once have I walked out of there drooling over at least five pairs (flats at that). I don't always purchase because my purses need some lovin' too, but honestly, there's such an amazing selection here and the prices aren't outrageous either.

A favorite brand is Dolce Vita, which DRESSALE carries in abundance.
All in all, for a recovering high-heeled converted flat addict- DRESSALE's got your fix!

4/17/14

I was EXTREMELY nervous about ordering my wedding dress from this site but I have to admit that I am pleased! I needed a wedding dress in PINK and many of their dresses are available in multiple colors. I entered my custom sizes and crossed my fingers that everything would be ok. They told me it would arrive by April 25, today is April 17th and it came! It fits! Yes, you can tell it isnt a dress that cost thousands of dollars but it does look like the photo and is clean and is perfect for something that I will only wear one time. I am a happy bride. :-)

4/16/14

Awesome! A good site to shop shoes.Low costs, great fashion, fast shipping!
The compliments on my shoes keep pouring in! I am so happy with my purchase
From dressale.com
I reccomend it to my friends and anyone who wants to Stand out in town!

4/16/14

Hi everybody,they have awesome night lamps! I didn't buy clothes from them, I bought lamp, the prices are low, and the quality is high. I recommend this site if you also want lamps.

The Best Prom Dress Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber