US Government's NSF

77%
49 W 27th Street, 4th Floor
New York, New York, USA
contact@codecademy.com

People interested in Codecademy are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

2/11/15

Best site !

gregk13
10/24/14

The site's content and ability to learn is great; however, it's difficult to learn when you can't advance due to server overload issues. For a site that lists many investors, this seems like a fundamental SaaS company priority. I would like to continue using it in the future but this needs to be fixed. I understand this is a free product to use but there are still operational benchmarks to be met. If it helps, I was using the Python tutorial and saw the note on that tutorial and a few others that have this issue.

edwind7
10/15/14

Codecademy.com is an extremely helpful site for students who want to improve their computer science knowledge. This website helped me a lot to improve my computer science knowledge in theoretically and coding. From this site I got easy tips for basic programming languages. I really thankful to this wonderful website

joen21
8/29/14

Codecademy.com is wonderful site .This website helped a lot to improve my computer science knowledge in theoretically and coding. It is an excellent teacher for programming code. So it is best companion for computer science students

stevenr56
3/29/14

This site is how I learned javascript and python. It's fun extensive IDE is the best way to experiment and have fun!

jonahp8
10/2/13

Totally awesome site. It helped so much. Very user friendly.

dfasfsdafs
4/7/13

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<header>
<title>The best coding teacher you can find around!<title>
<header>

<body>
<p>I know how to read these codes now and edit them for my need<p>
<p>It's awesome!<p>

chrisj34
3/8/13

A lovely website to begin web programming.

aaronm7
7/13/12

I stumbled across this site sometime ago. As a professional developer I didn't have much need for it but liked what they were trying to do. I have recommended it several times to others who have asked how to get started. If nothing else it will give them a feel for programming.

Recently my son became interested in learning how to program and so I had him read a little then pointed him to codecademy.com. He is so excited he let me know last night that he had completed his fourth lesson on the JavaScript track. He turns 12 this month and is starting to program, the same age I started at when my parents brought home a TI99/4a.

marcusd1
5/26/12

Perfect site to learn programming basics and some elementary coding, but they need to work on the content some. I wouldn't have launched this site until I had built up a good deal more content than it now has, but it is a good site. Easy to find my way around on it. Looks good.

bobj21
1/12/12

If I could, I would give this site 4.5 stars. The half star would only be removed because there isn't a great deal of content. The catch is that there isn't a great deal of content YET.

This site is very clean, smooth and entertaining if you would like to pick up a new coding/programming skill or refine an old one. It is very interactive and ad-free. I will be bookmarking and visiting frequently, anxious for new classes!

REASONS TO USE:
[1] You would like to learn how to program
[2] You would like to brush up on skills you used to have
[3] Clean, ad-free

REASONS TO LOSE:
None.

rodg
1/11/12

Taking a class and learning something new is typically a boring process and while many people have tried to make educational games in the past, very few companies have truly succeeded in this market. Wouldn't it be great to learn to learn a new skill by playing a game? codecademy.com is making learning how to code into a gaming experience and from the nearly 100K users they have signed up, they are doing a great job. If you are looking to learn javascript, I highly recommend checking it out. Makes me think of rosetta stone for the coding world.

ianm11
8/19/11

I have always found learning computer languages hard. Most will. But this site makes learning JavaScript so much easier and it's really fun. This site is so easy to understand that a computer newbie should be able to understand it. I've bookmarked this site. Its well worth a look at for those interested.