US Government's NSF

Tel: 1-800-507-9077
support@hostmonster.com

178 Reviews for CellUnlocker.net

Review Highlights

I typed my IMEI number in and made payment, approx 4pm UK time.

Turn around was quick and the code given worked perfectly.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

7/27/14

I paid my money to unlock my phone and the estimated turn around was 5 hours. It's over 20 hours now and I haven't heard a word back from them. I waited 10 hours before trying to contact them by email and they never responded to my email. In fact, my email to their support wouldn't even go through the first time due to high volume, so I suspect MANY are experiencing the same issue with this "company". After 20 hours I tried calling. Got some young girl's voicemail, went through the menus and never got to speak to anyone...received some stupid message "that nobody is available to take my call; goodbye" and then it hangs up on you. Frustrating and worst customer service ever. Starting to seriously wonder if this "company" is a total fraud.

7/25/14

It is rare that I write reviews however the guys at Cell Unlocker deserve praise. It was so simple to to unlock my Blackberry Bold 9900. Not only was it very inexpensive, their customer service was response was quick and helpful. I will most definitely use their services again and will recommend to my everyone.

7/16/14

Code provided work fine; but the prices are ridiculously high; 4 o 5 times higher than other sites. HTC One VX cost 19.99 with this guys and it cost 4.50 with Blowfishunlock.com.
I would not recommended to friends.

7/13/14

Okay so, I had AutoFill on iMEI number and i triple checked it before sending but when i got my receipt, it was a wrong number. I went on their their support Center page typed in Msg and asked for a fix, Well my msg got deleted which i was expecting kind of so i made a screen shot. Looks like I just trashed 30 bucks haven't even gotten my "unlock code" yet but its already all messed up

Okay, so I have to apologize. CellUNlocker looked pretty sketchy on the beginning and I guess i entered a wrong IMEI when filled up the request for unlock so I sende them an email right away saying that there is a problem. I got a reply today, with an unlock code for my right IMEI. On the beginning i followed the standard procedures for unlocking my Galaxy I747 and it did not work so i was about ot give up but still decided to spend sometime and ready an email closely i went in into trouble shooting section and followed method 1. And guess what?) It worked) I feel pretty crapy now for doubting on the beginning. Not sure about others but it worked for me) My apoligies to CellUnlock for posting negative feedback earlier on. World is no t that simple and sometimes you gotta put little work to succeed. Thank you CellUnlock now i can annoy my girlfriend with texts again lolz

7/11/14

Start by calling their customer support number. You'll get the voice of a
bored teenage girl sounding like a memo recorded in a toilet.

You can hang up now because nobody will ever answer after you're put on
hold.

Time to hit the keyboard and ask a few questions concerning the unlocking
process before buying the code. After a couple of replies you realize that
the guys are actually clueless and dragging their feet waiting for you to drop out.

It seems they are busy. Busy buying bulk 5 star reviews from India at 10
cents-a-pop.

It would be unfair to single them out because the whole market seems to
be rigged. After a few inquires sent to various code providers their mantra
seems to be : pay now - 100% money back guarantee.

Nobody tells that you might have to shoot a ridiculous video clip of yourself
trying their crappy codes while hard-locking your cellphone.

Bellow you have the funniest reply, from another company, in broken
english. Spell checked for you it reads :

" Had you not wasted your time asking me those questions you would have
had the code by now... "

On an and note it seems that a lot of people are on the take, from phony
forums and review sites like Trusted Reviews that are actually advertising
boards to the usual suspects, PayPal and the banks.

Feel free to add your own thoughts or crosscheck this comment with
others in the 1-2 star domain posted on this site.

7/10/14

Great customer service. Despite having to deal with "operator error" on this end, they were patient and determined to get me up and running. Any scepticism that I had was put to rest. I know where to go in the future.

7/10/14

I paid them then had to contact 3 day later to get the unlock code. The code did not work so I contacted them. they told me to make a video showing the code they gave me didn't work and then the phone with was not unlocked. They said they got the video. After 2 days they said they could not play it and to make it again and resend it. I told them they were playing games and I wanted me money back..to which they REFUSED! They like to string you along until you get frustrated and give up. They never refunded my money. On the website it says Money Back Guarantee. .NOT TRUE! When you get to the page where you pay...they say NO REFUNDS! DON'T PAY WITH PAYPAL BE CAUSE THEY WILL NOT GET YOUR MONEY FOR YOU IF THE CODE YOU RECEIVED DOESNT WORK! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

7/2/14

I paid them over two weeks ago and had to chase them for an update, they requested my phone details again and 10 minutes later responded telling me they dont have an unlock code for my iphone and that they MAY refund my order if I dont have another device that needs unlocking. Well I only have the one phone to unlock and since informing them of that they have gone quiet. No response to my emails requesting a refunding.

6/15/14

I used Cellunlocker to release a locked phone from half way around the world. It released first time, after I had made several attempts through other sites with no luck at all. I was delighted.

6/13/14

These guys are awesome! I had followed other youtube how-to's on how to unlock blackberry torch--beware-they did not work and only had 2 chances left. They first sent 4 codes, my son was confused. Only had one left..cellunlocker continued communicating with me asking me for more information to get the right code...suspense...only had ONE chance left..it had to be right! So they guided me to the last detail, and lo and behold--IT WORKED!!!! My phone is unlocked. I cannot stop singing their praises! Their customer service is amazing! Please beware of other youtube videos showing how to unlock...some do not work:(

5/26/14

They are spam dont trust them !!! I ve opened a dispute on paypal then they said close it and we will send your codes !!! they didnt send !!!

Choose another trusted site !!

5/25/14

Two great unlocking experiences. This most recent experience, another site couldn't find an unlock code. Cellunlocker looked in two different databases and then provided it promptly. Awesome.

5/20/14

I request Unlock for Huawei Y301-A2 from Metro PCS
They request to send info because cell is not listed
They confirm me that is possible
I paid and receive code
after it Cell show a message SIM SERVICE PROVIDER UNLOCK PIN.
emailed again and receive aditional code
works fine
Faster and useful

5/18/14

This is the first time that I've unlocked a phone, and I was quite concerned about paying in advance for a service that I have not tried before. I needn't have worried as the process was very quick, very simple and very good value. The site offers good clear instructions, with videos etc. I followed the instructions, and in just a couple of minutes the phone was unlocked. I will not hesitate to use the site again

5/14/14

I tried one company before Cellunlcoker.net but I wish I had gone straight to them they were quick & efficient :)

5/9/14

This is my 3rd unlock with cellunlocker.net and again they were fantastic. I have used them to unlock 2 Rogers phones (iphone and Samsung) and 1 Telus (old Samsung) and all 3 were perfect. Although the Samsung phones can be finicky as there are several methods for different Samsung models, they answered any email immediately AND even continued to check back to make sure all went ok. I would highly recommend them. Even if you are unsure of your tech skills...you can know they will work with you to the end. And they never, ever lose patience. Thank you!!!

5/6/14

First thing to say is I'm wary of those that claim very low prices - they rarely if ever work out. I picked Cellunlocker as they reflected the price I can get locally, all of whome said they needed my phone for a week! However I did NOT want my phone out of my sight. I decided to try online instead.
With some trepidation I tried out Cellunlocker online despite general warnings that online unlockers in general were poor if not downright dishonest.
First off their web site was clear, easy to understand and I selected my particular phone provider (as was) which was 3 Hutchison (UK). They advised the timescale which was perhaps some weeks, but I accepted that.
In the event it arrived much quicker in an email in just over a working week and I followed the YouTube video instructions.
It wasn't clear if you needed a signal and don't have one at home but it appears you don't need it anyway and I followed the instructions.
It did exactly what it said and my phone worked immediately with my alternative Sim card. It was really very easy and quick. Note the only thing it didn't do was remove the old provider's logo on phone start up, but that's of no consequence (I assume it's embedded somehow on the phone).
I'm now using my new Pay as you Go Tesco card and one very happy guy!
Cellunlocker contacted me again to ensure everything went OK - so I can certainly recommend them wholeheartedly.

4/26/14

Thieving pricks. Downloaded a 20 page manual to try to unlock my phone. I couldn't figure it out and returned the phone. I contacted cellunlocker.net and asked for a refund. Lol...gave me the "oh so sad, too bad no refund responce." Stole $29.99 from me. Douchebags. Shove it up your ass!!!

4/21/14

I had a lot of questions before trying to unlock my phone, but the
key that was provided worked right off the bat. I entered one number,
and my phone was unlocked. If all the keys work so flawlessly, I can
recommend this service to anyone.

4/12/14

Poor-Poor Customer Support

Very poor customer support. You get a standard per-written form letter if you use their online support. They simply do not answer any support phone calls. Yes, it's an option, but if they never answer the phone it's not real. If I got any feedback through email, it was obvious things that were nothing to do with what I asked.

They did provide a code that unlocked my phone, but more is expected if you have problems.

4/12/14

It's been 2 weeks now and I still haven't receive my code. I ask for a refund then they told me they will relay it to the supplier they will give a response after 24 hours.. come 4 days, still no reply. I can't contact their number . How can I have my money back?? :(

4/9/14

This was the first time I ever used a service such as this, and though I was hesitant at the beginning, it turned out to be easier and faster than what I thought! the code given worked like a charm!

4/8/14

I have unlocked several cell phones through the site. The last time one of the codes didn't work, cellunlocker.net sent a new batch within one day and I was on my way with an unlocked phone.

4/8/14

This company made it the process smooth and easy -just like it should be. It gave lots of step by step guidance and troubleshooting tips that thankfully weren't needed. This was my second attempt to get unlocked. The first company said they could do it, then that they couldn't.

4/1/14

Submitted imei from my phone and minutes after I received the unlocking code. Following easy instructions, the phone was unlocked in seconds. Very good service and also good prices. Note that the carrier was from Canada.

3/27/14

Got my ATT Note 3 and Iphone 5 unlocked quickly without issue. Samsung took about 2 hrs to receive the unlock code. The iphone took a couple days but unlocked without a problem after connecting to itunes. Would recommend.

3/23/14

I was a bit hasty to order a service from these guys. just a few minutes after ordering, I found another site offering much quicker turnaround for 1/2 the price. So, I immediately wrote email asking to cancel my order. Total silence. on next day, I resent my cancellation email. again - no response. After some time, they sent me unlock code along with quite arrogant message that they are very busy, and can't respond to messages as promptly as I expected.

I replied that I already have a working unlock code received in much quicker time and for 1/2 the cost. Their response was rude, in fact they doubted my statement saying it is unlikely that I indeed received a better service somewhere else, because they are the best. customer care, eh? I asked for even 1/2 of refund, but of course they did not refund me a penny. I wasted $30 Very unpleasant experience, slow service, and TERRIBLE customer support. I will remember not to go back.

I should do more research before ordering, so it was my fault to trust they will be good.

3/21/14

First email reply said 3-8 business days, second email said 3-10 business days. After 10 business days I was told to be patient, maybe next week.

3/18/14

Ordered code, arrived in reasonable time. Code failed to work. After several rounds of tech help which sounded like "oh try playing with options such and such and enter the code again". No unlock, no refund.

Business which doesn't care about customer service or repeat customers. I've used other unlock websites and found them to be much more helpful. Avoid this one.

3/18/14

I was a little skeptical at first however all my issues were resolved and I got my Samsung tab 10.1 unlocked; first had to get a defreeze code. Now it works great.

3/17/14

I struggled with unlocking this old phone for a few hours and then somebody directed me to Celllocker.net. These guys are Fantastic! True to their word within a half hour ( probably less) I had my code and Voila! It worked perfectly with their great video! I will use this company again in the future! Thanks so much!

3/17/14

It was awesome. I have used their service 2 times and I had flawless experience. I have unlocked my Samsung Galaxy S2 and now S4 and within few hours I was a happy customer.

3/17/14

Placed an order to unlock Samsung Galaxy S4 locked to Rogers in Canada, while I was in the UK. Got a my number within 3 hours (even though they said it could take up to 5 for my model), and it worked perfectly. My phone was happily saving money on UK and EU SIM cards for my trip!

As a sidenote, I also placed an order with cellunlock (NOT same as cellunlocker) and The Unlock Team at the same time. Cellunlock took over 12 hours to send the number, and the Unlock Team replied the following day saying they could not find a code.

So 5/5 for cellunlocker for speed and service!

3/17/14

Using Rogers HTC One X, running custom Rom Viper XL 4.20. Cellphone unlocked no problem. No need to go back to stock or anything. Received key within one day. Perfect service.

3/14/14

First attempt did not work and thought I was scammed. I emailed Cellunlocker and let them know that it did not work. They replied the next morning with another code, typed it in and my phone was unlocked. Very happy with their service.

3/11/14

Perfect easy and handy. Unlocked my Samsung S4 in less than two hours after payment.

Recommendations to this site!

3/8/14

Terrible!!
I paid them before 36 hours to get the credits and still nothing!! Not even a reply!!
Sites usually add credits automatically or within reasonable time but this time, they are just MIA, no reply, no answer to calls and no credits...

SCAM alert.. Lost $300.. But save yourself..

3/4/14

Great friendly service!! They get straight to the matter and give you the right digits within minutes!!! I'll definitely be back with others in need of unlocking!! Tyvm guys!!!

3/4/14

I provided my IMEI number as requested and unlock code was sent promptly. Worked perfectly the first time by following clear and simple instructions.

3/3/14

It's a little pricey but they were the cheapest ones that were able to actually unlock my S3. Plus they supplied the code in less than 3 hours. They even supplied extra codes (Provider code, Subprovider code, and Defreeze code) just in case there were complications. The network unlock code provided worked on the first try. Also, their communication and follow up customer service were incredible.

3/3/14

Said it would take 10 working days and it did to the day, email said it was unlocked, followed instructions, switched phone on and it was unlocked from the start didn't need to do anything, brilliant.

3/2/14

I have a blackberry z30/rogers went to no less than 10 (stores and websites) everyone told me IMEI is not found in the database and could not generate a code. I spent in total 4 days trying to unlock my phone but no one could help. CELLUNLOCKER.NET IS THE ONLY ONE THAT WAS ABLE TO UNLOCK MY PHONE EVERYONE ELSE FAILED!!!.. With that said i highly recommend using their service and save time money and hassles!

3/2/14

Their rates are too expensive. I was checking their rates for Samsung Galaxy S4 locked with WIND. And they are charging 34.99 (which is too much).

There is another website www.unlockgsmcodes.com; they are charging 18.99 for the same thing

2/27/14

i have a apple store in the south of viet nam. i usually have iphone's imei need to unlock, such as t-mobile. and i found cellunlocker.net , it was awesome, fast and i feel this is the cheapest site that i know to now.

2/27/14

I needed to unlock an iPhone 3GS I had purchased from the US via eBay from the Caribbean. I searched through the net did the usual contacting cell unlock companies. One in particular was ATTI Unlock, I got no response from them. Them came across Cellunlocker, filled in the application, which was IMEI and network cell was locked to. This was so easy, it took a little longer than the 5 days indicated. There was only one hiccup in the communication department and that is I had to contact them a couple of times myself asking for a report on the delay, but they replied back to me promptly. Apart from that, I felt the service was good and I got my iPhone unlocked. Well done Cellunlocker, Thank you

2/26/14

Service was fast, they sent my unlock code for my Note II in about an hour after placing the order. Could not get options 2-4 to work. called them, after waiting on the phone for over an hour, i got a tech who told me" your phone is too new, you have to use option 1" which is put another carriers sim inthe phone to unlock it. My argument is that this is never explained or detailed on their website. you dont find out until after they get your money. the code I spent 25 dollars on may or may not work, i have no clue. I will never do buisness with these guys again, they "buy" the codes from someoen else and resell them according to their tech. coulsnt give me a refund and basically said.. too bad. SCAM ARTISTS!!!!

2/25/14

This people are awsome best place to unlock and its always fast and always works the fist time and berry profesional way of how they keep up with ur status code and make shore it did work good u guys are my #1

2/25/14

Great experience. Reasonably priced as compared to competitors. Unlocked my T-Mobile iPhone 5S within the time limit that I was Initially promised. Highly recommended!

2/18/14

Great experience, everything worked as described keep in mind weekends will take longer to receive unlock code. But my S4 was locked to Fido and once I inserted my Virgin Mobile sim and entered the unlock code everything worked great! Thanks!

2/18/14

MetroPCS LG Optimus F3

Everything worked as described. There are links for videos to help you get through the process. My phone was unlocked in 10 minutes...I would definitely use this site again,

The Best Unlock Phone Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber