US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

pedrog11

Excellent customer service, got some issues with the first code, problem was solve right away. (in 53 reviews)

danielp47

When I first received my code, it didn't work---not to the fault of CellUnlocker. (in 327 reviews)

josephs83

CellUnlocker will get you the codes you need to unlock your phone in about 5 hours. (in 279 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

immanueln
1/28/15

I ordered unlock codes for two different phone models. I received both within a hour.
I was worried one of them would not work because the model number was one digit higher than the model CellUnlocker listed on it's site.
However, both codes worked without issue.
CellUnlocker's email provided clear instructions and guaranteed they will support purchases.

However, I feel CellUnlocker's website could be improved to be more clear in guiding the customer. Some navigation and instructions on the right & left side are extraneous, and may be making purchasing more confusing than helpful.

Tip for consumers: On current website as of Jan 28, 2014:
Once you've selected your phone model, focus on the info in the middle of the page. Scroll to the bottom for form to order.

zeket
1/26/15

I had a problems unlocking my iphone. However, one of the customer service representative did a really great job on helping me and explaining procedures how to do so. Already purchased two unlock codes and so far it was successful. Thank You Cellunlocker.

puncif
1/26/15

Write your review to help others learn abI placed my order on 13. January. Instead of five hours I got no information for more than two weeks.
According to their website they had some technical difficulties with Samsung devices. I found this OK since the unlock wasn't totally urgent.
Then now I got an e-mail that I've got refunded. Reason:
"Please check new pricing our apologies"

Which means that after having to wait two weeks they just cancel my order and I can reorder the code for almost double price...

Thank you CellUnlocker.net!out this online business

dianec29
1/25/15

Best site for iPhones unlock
They are so professional
It only took 5 days I was really impressed since the phone is in India

traceym29
1/24/15

I was very impressed with this site afte qr having a look On the Web they answered
all of my questions straight away. They even managed to get me an unlock code were 2 other companies failed. They even contacted me to make sure the the code had worked this site Is well worth the money and would use them again.

Tip for consumers: You won't be disappointed good good fast service

andewa
1/24/15

Worst page ever, waited for 2 weeks for my unlock code and and still didnt get it. After every 3 days they said its 3 more days till my order get unlocked, never happened.
At least refunding was fast, after that I ordered the unlock from another site for +3$ and I got my code in 15mins..
Dont waste your time with this $#*! and pay that little extra for a reliable service.

Tip for consumers: avoid at all cost

yuqiangt
1/23/15

I didn't think there's another way to factory unlock my new Samsung Note 4 other than to wait for two years till my contract is finished. But then I foind cellunlocker thru google and decided to give it a try, since I had an overseas trip coming up jn a week. Besides, full refund won't hurt me anyways. Turns out they did send me a valid unlock code after a few days of my initial order and I was able to use my friends t-mobile Sim card after the phone took the unlock code. Boy I was happy cause I can bring my new phone with me when I get on the airplane tomorrow and not worry about syncing all my contents to my old phone and everything.
It took a few days longer than what they advertised but it was due to samsung' s system update. Cellunlocker did kept me up to date vis email communication through out the progress and promised to send me the code before my trip and which they did. So I'm happy with their service and will refer all my friends as well.

sriv2
1/21/15

Took 3 working days to send me a code for my Sony Xperia S. The unlock code worked in the first attempt and am using this phone now without any issues. Great service.

maxinec
1/20/15

very poor. Long waiting time, no option of refund. Other companies much more responsive and ethical

Tip for consumers: use someone else

brianp50
1/16/15

First off, I am NOT a paid employee or someone who makes false claims (like seen on so many scam sites).

As with most sites that claim to unlock cellphones I was a bit wary on this one. After reading the mixed reviews on this site I wasn't sure what to expect.

However, my hesitations were unfounded. After entering my IMEI number for my iPhone 5s locked to Telus Mobility in Canada, I received back an "it's all good!" message and proceeded to make my payment. The site was right on the money - within five hours I had a message indicating my phone was unlocked". After following their explicit directions in the email I received a message on my iTunes application indicating this indeed was true - my phone was now unlocked.

So to answer your question - yes this service works, yes this service is legit and yes they send a few emails ensuring the quality of their services were acceptable. Would I recommend this company? Absolutely!

ritam10
1/16/15

I spoke with a representative beforehand because there is a concern that it might not work if the phone was unlocked previously. It turned out that my phone, the T-Mobile HTC MyTouch 4G does not have an issue with this. I had a little difficulty using the online form, so the service rep handled it for me. The unlock code came in an hour. All went well. The representative was very helpful. Yes, I would recommend Cellunlocker.

Tip for consumers: Don't be afraid to call them if you have questions.

jacielg
1/16/15

Found Cellunlocker while searching for ways to unlock my new Samsung Note4 on youtube videos. It sounded like a reasonable company so Iooked them up and proceeded to purchase an unlocking code from them.. Prices were reasonable. After not receiving my code in the time mentioned, i proceeded to contact them through e-mail. They responded in a timely manner and told me they were having issues with their system. They told me that it might take a few more days and if i wanted a refund to let them know. I got my code a few days later and it worked perfectly. Will definitely used cellunlocker in the future if i need too.

nilsh23
1/15/15

I went to 3 different cell unlocking companies on the internet. All 3 searched their databases and came back with code not found. After hearing about cellunlocker on youtube from mobiletechreview, I decided to give it one more try. They processed my order and they emailed me an unlock code about an hour later. I put in the code and got my LG F60 unlocked on the first attempt. The other nice thing about the site is they are much cheaper than some of the other sites I went to.

christopherk24
1/14/15

I travel abroad frequently and need my cells to be unlocked for local use. This is the second time I have used Cellunlocker to unlock a Samsung phone (first the Galaxy S4 and now the Galaxy Note 4), and both times the phone was unlocked without a hitch. Fantastic communication. When their system was down over the busy holiday season, they promptly informed me of the situation and promised a quick response when the system was back up, which they delivered on. Great service, great price. I'll be back again and again with each new phone I get.

brianw60
1/11/15

Amazing service. My phone had unlocking issues. Something to do with the Carrier unlock code wouldn't work so they had to get an unlock code direct from BlackBerry.

Tip for consumers: I first used FreeMyBlackBerry service and they weren't able to help me (at least I got a refund). CellUnlocker.net was able to unlock my phone properly

rickyz1
1/10/15

Took a while for the unlock to work for my iPhone 6 due to supplier problems but none the less it worked! Customer service was friendly, helpful and very understanding! Would definitely recommend this website to anybody that asks where they would be able to unlock a phone!

tedw10
1/8/15

Pretty simple. Ordered an unlock for a Nokia Lumia 625 from a Canadian carrier for only $8US. Got it several hours later. It worked like a charm. Nothing negative about it. Thanks and I will be back.

orlandor17
1/7/15

Service is very bad i do not recommend if you have a galaxy note 3, already been two weeks and still no code! And theres no refunds WTF

jean-christophed
1/4/15

Sonim XP 5560 BOLT 2 Unlocked!

Team was very helpful and helped me by email before even passing a command.

I needed to know if the phone was supported, they helped me make a test to confirm the case and then I did bought the code.

It just worked.
The process took less than a day for me.

Thanks and keep it up!
Jc'

Tip for consumers: Email them before you start, just to ensure your phone has the ability to be unlocked (not all are)

samanthas30
12/31/14

I wish they unlock my phone, instead they kept postponing and telling me to wait and I ended up staying 10 days abroad with no phone and no service at all.
At least they promised me a refund.

ireneusp
12/29/14

I've always used CellUnlocker if I end up buying a cheap locked. Never failed to please. Very prompt, gives detailed instructions clearly and very professional.

kaylan4
12/27/14

Despite being worried about the service due to reviews, I tried it and got my code in less than 4 hours on a Saturday, and it worked on the first try! Price was super reasonable, the kiosk in the mall wanted $45 and two days, I paid $30(CAD) and waited under 4 hours! New SIM works great and there are no problems.

lc41
12/21/14

I was a little hesitant after reading the 1* reviews here. So I'm writing to say that I received my code within 6 hours on a Sunday, inserted my National Geographic SIM and had my phone unlocked within 30 seconds. Called both my UK number and US number from my land-line - no problems.
I have a Samsung S5 - definitely needed the alternate SIM. There were 4 unlock methods but for newer models (Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5, Note 2, Note 3, etc.) only the non-accepted SIM method was applicable.

richardl63
12/19/14

I just bought a Samsung S5 Active and purchased a unlock code. I received the code within hours. I put in the non working Sim card and was asked for the unlock code and within less then 5 minutes from start to end my S5 was unlocked. Thank you very much !!!!

jimw57
12/18/14

Orderded an unlock code for Samsung S3 and received code through email within 6 minutes. Tried code it was unsuccessful. I thought I was just been scammed. However, upon further reading the email which included a trouble shooting section, I was able to unlock the phone. It took me less than 10 minutes. Site provided follow up email regarding any issues and concerns. Would recommend this site.

stuartm44
12/9/14

They weren't able to unlock my smartphone, BUT they were in good keeping me updated with open and honest communication. They refunded my money when they were not able to unlock it.

lafm1
12/8/14

Cellunlocker was super profesional. They explain very clearely step by step
the procedures and in a very short time i received my "Network" code.
And "Voila", once a entered the code my phone unlock right away.

Thank you and i will recommend you to all my friends and family.

sandrad26
12/6/14

28 hours and still waiting for a code. I've tried calling them and the phone keeps hanging up on me.. Not impressed

davidt96
12/5/14

Advertised time of 5-15 minutes for code delivery, but in actuality took around 20 hours. Had something to do with my IMEI having to be looked up in the "alternative database". Other than the fact that it took a while, everything else was great, would purchase again. Also for all the people that are giving 1 star and saying they got scammed, there's a pattern that most of these people have just waiting around a full day or so, and are impatient so they write up angry reviews. Give them some time people, they'll most likely get back to you! :P

P.S. I'm a real customer that just unlocked his HTC One M7, not a paid person, or an affiliate of the site, etc. :D

peters143
11/21/14

I have very good opinion about CellUnlocker.net. If they can solve the unlocking, they can do it immediately. But regarding my experience, if they can not unlock it, they send back the money. So you can turn to them without any risk.

Tip for consumers: You can use there services without any risk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Z8FVOGP_U

marib12
11/19/14

I am satisfied with Cellunlocker's service; I have succesfully unlocked Nokia Lumia 521, blocked in T-Mobile USA in under 2 weeks.

taylore6
11/13/14

I called my old provider 3 times over a 2 week time span and was promised an unlock code I never received. So, I set out to find another way to unlock my phone and stumbled upon cellunlocker.net. They were the cheapest and fastest. So, I purchased my unlock code. They said it would be 1-5 hours to get my code but I got my email in about 45 minutes! great service, easy to follow instructions, and I can finally use my favorite phone with my favorite provider!

Tip for consumers: They have a list of the time it usually takes to get the codes posted on their site.

chrisb145
11/13/14

The claim of "100% guarantee or money back" is a complete sham. They failed to unlock my phone, refused to help resolve the issue and failed to live up their promises of satisfaction... Although the turn around time on their responses was impressive

Unfortunately I must add onto my above review of my experience with this company to highlight not only the horrible customer service but the borderline harassment I received from them.

Having acknowledged I was not going to receive a refund (And the reasons as to WHY) through our email exchange, and yet never being given any offer of help to resolve the issue short of giving them more money, I requested Cellunlocker.net to stop messaging me. They however could not drop this issue, responded and wasted my time.

I'll acknowledged part of their email just asked for a clarification in order to improve their website which is great, BUT they could not leave well enough alone and had to get in their last word in and give me the same old run-around they have been giving me for the past 2 days. Paying customers should not have to receive such a demeaning response to what they request be a UN-resolved, yet dead issue. That is just a horrible business practice on their part.

I strongly recommend potential customers take their business elsewhere because the way Cellunlocker.net has acted they do not deserve it.

Finally, Cellunlocker.net because I know you're reading this, what really gets me is that you had the opportunity to make this a positive experience that could have garnished a good review instead of two negative ones. If you really stood behind your guarantees and claims of customer satisfaction you would have worked towards a solution instead of wiping your hands of the situation and blaming the customer.

As requested in our private correspondence, Please do not contact me anymore.

zeinaba
11/12/14

This site is a lie. I paid $15 last night and patiently waited to get my code and here I am, 10 hours later with no code, and no $15. Bull$#*!.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site. Use Ebay.

jr98
11/8/14

This company is fabulous!!! I so did NOT want to pay for an unlock 'code,' and I was very dubious. I had already spent too much time trying everything under the sun that didn't work. I even took the phone to a tech guy – no luck. At&t already sent me 2 'unlock codes' that didn't work. So, these guys at Cellunlocker.net gave me a code and it also didn't work. HOWEVER, they stuck with me, tried another method, kept giving me clear instructions and guidance. I did exactly what they said, they sent me to google where I got step-by-step follow-up instructions and WHALLAH! unlocked at last. I still had a few bumps, but my I could use my phone again! Hello Tmobile! But that's not all…..they continued to follow up with me until every single bump and glitch was worked out. These guys really know every nuance about the Galaxy S3 and they made absolutely certain that every number and code and network and and and and – you name it, they made sure that everything was working correctly. I mean, they stuck with me for like 5 days, followed up, emailed me to see if things were okay – I mean GREAT customer service! I think their price is very fair because you WILL get your device unlocked here. Thank you – absolutely the greatest customer service !

dustinc16
11/7/14

Horrible service. Ordered code 1 week before leaving for travel. Emailed them almost every day after not receiving a code, each time response was "Sorry, the code is coming, please wait".

Finally a few hours before having to leave (and 7 days after initial order) i asked for a refund. I bought the unlock code from someone else. Magically 2 hours after asking for a refund, they get me my code. After I already asked for a refund and bought it from somewhere else.

Then when I still insisted on a refund, they complained about how they had to order the code from a second database and already lost money on me.

A joke of a company, terrible service. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

adamk51
11/7/14

Absolutely stunning customer service. When my first attempt at unlocking a phone didn't work quite right and returned a invalid serial number, Cellunlocker contacted me both through Facebook and through an email to have it processed through a different database. They said it could take 1-3 business days but it took ///LESS than one///. I am beyond impressed and will be recommending this site to everyone who needs to unlock a phone in the future.

Tip for consumers: You may need to email them in regards to an issue, but as long as your IMEI is correct, they CAN and will unlock your phone, guaranteed.

fs21
11/6/14

Unlocked my htc desire 601. I received the unlock code within 24 hours. Although it takes a bit longer than I expected, I'm satisfied with their professional service.

This is the second time for me to use CellUnlocker.net.

henrym47
11/5/14

unlocked a note 3 and an S5 one after the other, worked flawlessly and in about 10 minutes. Top class service, these are the guys.

Tip for consumers: just do it, there the business.

paulq4
11/1/14

Code worked as expected. Absolutely zero problems using this site.

I bought a new Note 4 from Rogers and wanted to switch to TELUS since I would be saving about $30/mo.

I followed the instructions in the email they sent and it worked perfectly. What I did was just insert the TELUS SIM, boot up my phone, and enter the unlock code when prompted. Easy as pie!

It's been about a week now and no issues to report.

Within 15 days the unlock code will have paid for itself.

mindyk7
10/29/14

Fantastic vendor. I ordered an unlock number for my phone to use with a different carrier. The response time was quick, the instructions clear. Immediately, the vendor sent an email to see if the unlock number went through. When I told them I was having problems, they troubleshooted quickly and efficiently, getting my phone to work immediately. Thank you cellunlocker.

ne3316
10/28/14

Great company! I unlocked 3 phones wih Cellunlocker and it works like a charm. Customer service are very helpful too if you you're having difficulties unlocking your phone. Recommend them to everyone!

ericp23
10/22/14

I ordered an unlock code for my galaxy s5 that was locked to bell. It took them only 3 days to get it which is actually slower then they usually push them out. I was getting anxious since its my first time unlocking a phone so I emailed them and they replied within 2 hours.

benw32
10/21/14

The code came in less than 30 minutes and worked perfectly on my galaxy s5. I was nervous at first because there seem to be so many scam unlockers but I took a chance and they delivered. This after att denied me a factory unlock 3 times and wasted over am hour of my time on customer service.

robertw114
10/19/14

Cheapest & quickest - code received in 6 minutes, instructions simple to follow.
Cannot fault the service & I would certainly use again.

brucec35
10/18/14

I've been using CellUnlocker.net, for a couple of years now and for every phone that I've had they're the once I trust to unlock my phones. There service is fast and I've not had any trouble. Ten STARS EXCELLENT.

Bruce C

samuelr21
10/17/14

So they say 1 to 5 hours for the code, i just past the 24hour mark and still have nothing. And to top it off ive call about 10 times and no answer. Its like these $#*!ers are still sleeping or something.

shannono6
10/15/14

My LG Optimus F6 is a MetroPCS phone, with T-MOBILE SIM. So I was nervous it wouldn't work. Especially after the second code I tried didn't work. The 3rd code worked! It cost me $15. Only ten minutes to receive codes in e-mail.

Tip for consumers: I recommend researching your phone to make sure it is compatible with your service. In my case they were both LTE, some are GSM only.

shermag
10/15/14

This company works very fast I have requested unlock codes from them twice and the first one less than an hour I received the code and it worked the second one I received a day later because I sent the wrong IMEI number but wen I sent the correct number I received it with minutes. Thanks cellunlocker I would recommend u to anybody who need fast, cheap and dependable service in unlocking their phone.

clifff7
10/11/14

Cell Unlocker worked for me. They responded as promised and my Iphone 4 is now unlocked. I managed to get it working once I switched it from "Airplane Mode". Now I just have to learn to use the phone that was a hand me down from my daughter.

Tip for consumers: They deliver as promised.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CellUnlocker.net staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Will the unlock for iPhone be through iTunes and is it a permanent unlock?
RS
8/27/12
gayanm
A: Anyone got unlock codes from this website?
How is your experience?
8/5/11
Add your answer
Q: How to Unlock Samsung Phones
2 weeks ago
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the CellUnlocker.net staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

7 Photos for CellUnlocker.net