US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

pedrog11

Excellent customer service, got some issues with the first code, problem was solve right away. (in 51 reviews)

danielp47

When I first received my code, it didn't work---not to the fault of CellUnlocker. (in 313 reviews)

josephs83

CellUnlocker will get you the codes you need to unlock your phone in about 5 hours. (in 267 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lc41
12/21/14

I was a little hesitant after reading the 1* reviews here. So I'm writing to say that I received my code within 6 hours on a Sunday, inserted my National Geographic SIM and had my phone unlocked within 30 seconds. Called both my UK number and US number from my land-line - no problems.
I have a Samsung S5 - definitely needed the alternate SIM. There were 4 unlock methods but for newer models (Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5, Note 2, Note 3, etc.) only the non-accepted SIM method was applicable.

richardl63
12/19/14

I just bought a Samsung S5 Active and purchased a unlock code. I received the code within hours. I put in the non working Sim card and was asked for the unlock code and within less then 5 minutes from start to end my S5 was unlocked. Thank you very much !!!!

jimw57
12/18/14

Orderded an unlock code for Samsung S3 and received code through email within 6 minutes. Tried code it was unsuccessful. I thought I was just been scammed. However, upon further reading the email which included a trouble shooting section, I was able to unlock the phone. It took me less than 10 minutes. Site provided follow up email regarding any issues and concerns. Would recommend this site.

stuartm44
12/9/14

They weren't able to unlock my smartphone, BUT they were in good keeping me updated with open and honest communication. They refunded my money when they were not able to unlock it.

lafm1
12/8/14

Cellunlocker was super profesional. They explain very clearely step by step
the procedures and in a very short time i received my "Network" code.
And "Voila", once a entered the code my phone unlock right away.

Thank you and i will recommend you to all my friends and family.

sandrad26
12/6/14

28 hours and still waiting for a code. I've tried calling them and the phone keeps hanging up on me.. Not impressed

davidt96
12/5/14

Advertised time of 5-15 minutes for code delivery, but in actuality took around 20 hours. Had something to do with my IMEI having to be looked up in the "alternative database". Other than the fact that it took a while, everything else was great, would purchase again. Also for all the people that are giving 1 star and saying they got scammed, there's a pattern that most of these people have just waiting around a full day or so, and are impatient so they write up angry reviews. Give them some time people, they'll most likely get back to you! :P

P.S. I'm a real customer that just unlocked his HTC One M7, not a paid person, or an affiliate of the site, etc. :D

peters143
11/21/14

I have very good opinion about CellUnlocker.net. If they can solve the unlocking, they can do it immediately. But regarding my experience, if they can not unlock it, they send back the money. So you can turn to them without any risk.

Tip for consumers: You can use there services without any risk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Z8FVOGP_U

marib12
11/19/14

I am satisfied with Cellunlocker's service; I have succesfully unlocked Nokia Lumia 521, blocked in T-Mobile USA in under 2 weeks.

taylore6
11/13/14

I called my old provider 3 times over a 2 week time span and was promised an unlock code I never received. So, I set out to find another way to unlock my phone and stumbled upon cellunlocker.net. They were the cheapest and fastest. So, I purchased my unlock code. They said it would be 1-5 hours to get my code but I got my email in about 45 minutes! great service, easy to follow instructions, and I can finally use my favorite phone with my favorite provider!

Tip for consumers: They have a list of the time it usually takes to get the codes posted on their site.

chrisb145
11/13/14

The claim of "100% guarantee or money back" is a complete sham. They failed to unlock my phone, refused to help resolve the issue and failed to live up their promises of satisfaction... Although the turn around time on their responses was impressive

Unfortunately I must add onto my above review of my experience with this company to highlight not only the horrible customer service but the borderline harassment I received from them.

Having acknowledged I was not going to receive a refund (And the reasons as to WHY) through our email exchange, and yet never being given any offer of help to resolve the issue short of giving them more money, I requested Cellunlocker.net to stop messaging me. They however could not drop this issue, responded and wasted my time.

I'll acknowledged part of their email just asked for a clarification in order to improve their website which is great, BUT they could not leave well enough alone and had to get in their last word in and give me the same old run-around they have been giving me for the past 2 days. Paying customers should not have to receive such a demeaning response to what they request be a UN-resolved, yet dead issue. That is just a horrible business practice on their part.

I strongly recommend potential customers take their business elsewhere because the way Cellunlocker.net has acted they do not deserve it.

Finally, Cellunlocker.net because I know you're reading this, what really gets me is that you had the opportunity to make this a positive experience that could have garnished a good review instead of two negative ones. If you really stood behind your guarantees and claims of customer satisfaction you would have worked towards a solution instead of wiping your hands of the situation and blaming the customer.

As requested in our private correspondence, Please do not contact me anymore.

zeinaba
11/12/14

This site is a lie. I paid $15 last night and patiently waited to get my code and here I am, 10 hours later with no code, and no $15. Bull$#*!.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site. Use Ebay.

jr98
11/8/14

This company is fabulous!!! I so did NOT want to pay for an unlock 'code,' and I was very dubious. I had already spent too much time trying everything under the sun that didn't work. I even took the phone to a tech guy – no luck. At&t already sent me 2 'unlock codes' that didn't work. So, these guys at Cellunlocker.net gave me a code and it also didn't work. HOWEVER, they stuck with me, tried another method, kept giving me clear instructions and guidance. I did exactly what they said, they sent me to google where I got step-by-step follow-up instructions and WHALLAH! unlocked at last. I still had a few bumps, but my I could use my phone again! Hello Tmobile! But that's not all…..they continued to follow up with me until every single bump and glitch was worked out. These guys really know every nuance about the Galaxy S3 and they made absolutely certain that every number and code and network and and and and – you name it, they made sure that everything was working correctly. I mean, they stuck with me for like 5 days, followed up, emailed me to see if things were okay – I mean GREAT customer service! I think their price is very fair because you WILL get your device unlocked here. Thank you – absolutely the greatest customer service !

dustinc16
11/7/14

Horrible service. Ordered code 1 week before leaving for travel. Emailed them almost every day after not receiving a code, each time response was "Sorry, the code is coming, please wait".

Finally a few hours before having to leave (and 7 days after initial order) i asked for a refund. I bought the unlock code from someone else. Magically 2 hours after asking for a refund, they get me my code. After I already asked for a refund and bought it from somewhere else.

Then when I still insisted on a refund, they complained about how they had to order the code from a second database and already lost money on me.

A joke of a company, terrible service. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

adamk51
11/7/14

Absolutely stunning customer service. When my first attempt at unlocking a phone didn't work quite right and returned a invalid serial number, Cellunlocker contacted me both through Facebook and through an email to have it processed through a different database. They said it could take 1-3 business days but it took ///LESS than one///. I am beyond impressed and will be recommending this site to everyone who needs to unlock a phone in the future.

Tip for consumers: You may need to email them in regards to an issue, but as long as your IMEI is correct, they CAN and will unlock your phone, guaranteed.

fs21
11/6/14

Unlocked my htc desire 601. I received the unlock code within 24 hours. Although it takes a bit longer than I expected, I'm satisfied with their professional service.

This is the second time for me to use CellUnlocker.net.

henrym47
11/5/14

unlocked a note 3 and an S5 one after the other, worked flawlessly and in about 10 minutes. Top class service, these are the guys.

Tip for consumers: just do it, there the business.

paulq4
11/1/14

Code worked as expected. Absolutely zero problems using this site.

I bought a new Note 4 from Rogers and wanted to switch to TELUS since I would be saving about $30/mo.

I followed the instructions in the email they sent and it worked perfectly. What I did was just insert the TELUS SIM, boot up my phone, and enter the unlock code when prompted. Easy as pie!

It's been about a week now and no issues to report.

Within 15 days the unlock code will have paid for itself.

mindyk7
10/29/14

Fantastic vendor. I ordered an unlock number for my phone to use with a different carrier. The response time was quick, the instructions clear. Immediately, the vendor sent an email to see if the unlock number went through. When I told them I was having problems, they troubleshooted quickly and efficiently, getting my phone to work immediately. Thank you cellunlocker.

ne3316
10/28/14

Great company! I unlocked 3 phones wih Cellunlocker and it works like a charm. Customer service are very helpful too if you you're having difficulties unlocking your phone. Recommend them to everyone!

ericp23
10/22/14

I ordered an unlock code for my galaxy s5 that was locked to bell. It took them only 3 days to get it which is actually slower then they usually push them out. I was getting anxious since its my first time unlocking a phone so I emailed them and they replied within 2 hours.

benw32
10/21/14

The code came in less than 30 minutes and worked perfectly on my galaxy s5. I was nervous at first because there seem to be so many scam unlockers but I took a chance and they delivered. This after att denied me a factory unlock 3 times and wasted over am hour of my time on customer service.

robertw114
10/19/14

Cheapest & quickest - code received in 6 minutes, instructions simple to follow.
Cannot fault the service & I would certainly use again.

brucec35
10/18/14

I've been using CellUnlocker.net, for a couple of years now and for every phone that I've had they're the once I trust to unlock my phones. There service is fast and I've not had any trouble. Ten STARS EXCELLENT.

Bruce C

samuelr21
10/17/14

So they say 1 to 5 hours for the code, i just past the 24hour mark and still have nothing. And to top it off ive call about 10 times and no answer. Its like these $#*!ers are still sleeping or something.

shannono6
10/15/14

My LG Optimus F6 is a MetroPCS phone, with T-MOBILE SIM. So I was nervous it wouldn't work. Especially after the second code I tried didn't work. The 3rd code worked! It cost me $15. Only ten minutes to receive codes in e-mail.

Tip for consumers: I recommend researching your phone to make sure it is compatible with your service. In my case they were both LTE, some are GSM only.

shermag
10/15/14

This company works very fast I have requested unlock codes from them twice and the first one less than an hour I received the code and it worked the second one I received a day later because I sent the wrong IMEI number but wen I sent the correct number I received it with minutes. Thanks cellunlocker I would recommend u to anybody who need fast, cheap and dependable service in unlocking their phone.

clifff7
10/11/14

Cell Unlocker worked for me. They responded as promised and my Iphone 4 is now unlocked. I managed to get it working once I switched it from "Airplane Mode". Now I just have to learn to use the phone that was a hand me down from my daughter.

Tip for consumers: They deliver as promised.

sergioe6
10/8/14

Excellent customer service and fast response!! I made a mistake with the provider and nonetheless they helped me until the phone was unlocked.

joshd28
10/8/14

I have been using this service for 1 year now. And the last time I had a problem with a unlock code for the first time, Support help me step by step until the code work. Love the service and I highly recommended it. If u have doubts contact support or use the chat feature before placing an order.

Tip for consumers: contact support or use the chat feature before placing an order.

sarinat
10/7/14

Code worked perfectly on first try. They also had an awesome tec support team readily available to answer all my questions. They even checked back with me to make sure everything went well. Highly recommend

jeffh65
10/7/14

I’ve got a HTC Desire 310, had it about 7 weeks and decided to unlock the sim to give me the freedom to change service providers, I tried an online service at a cost of £9.99 with an estimated result time of between 5 and 25 minutes, after 8 days of excuses and emails being sent and received I felt that the time had come to try another company, but after the last company telling me that they can’t find the code I did wonder what my chances where, I decided to email cellunlocker.net to ask a few questions, well the outcome was outstanding service, the support team could not have been more helpful, so I decided to order the code from cellunlocker.net, and at a price of $14.99, it was better value than the other company, 7 minutes from placing the order I received an email with the unlock code complete with instructions, 5 minutes later after swopping sims and tapping in the code, my phone was unlocked, perfect result, so in a nutshell, why try others when cellunlocker.net get the job done fast and efficiently, and the team are first class.

les755
10/6/14

Went to 3 other cies before these guys. They got the code ....the 1st time. It was right and after sales service was on point - precise and fast response - . Great experience and highly recommended. ...and I don't like to write reviews.

abnero4
10/5/14

My name is Abner and i am more than glad to share my story that i had with cellunlocker. I have asked them, if they could be able to unlocked my phone and they said "yes. I got an unlock code and typed it in, BOOM my phone is unlocked. my phone is a blackberry bold 9320 ... Cellunlocker was very helpful in providing me with the unlock code for my Blackberry 9320. I'm really happy with it, thank you again, YOU ROCK YA'LL...I couldn't wait to use you guys again for the future phone unlock..."

mikex1
10/5/14

Useless site stay away from it. U will have to wait for days. Do not recommend it at all. who wants to wait for days for an unlock code. Try cellunlocker it's much faster.

davidh177
10/1/14

What I like is willingness to go a step beyond. At first, I paid the fee and they ran their unlock. But when I attached to iTunes, it was a no-go. Writing them back and asking for help, they came through, talked me through my next step, and resolved the problem. My phone had to be reset, and then iTunes acknowledged it. Now it works. Thanks for the service and the help.

mauricek3
9/27/14

Nothing better online for unlock codes. I tried two other websites prior to cellunlocker.net. both told me he code was unavailable. When I went to cellunlocker.net. not only was it cheaper to do it through them but, they were also quick to respond to my email questions, and unlocked my phone! Trust these guys they know what they are doing. The rest are all imitations

Tip for consumers: My turnaround time was exceeded however that was because they continued to try and get the code for me. Don't take their turnaround time being missed as lack of interest in you as a customer. These guys are magic. Let them work for you.

josem60
9/26/14

These guys are the best. They gave me so easy instructions that I was able to unlock my phone in less than a minute. They are really amazing besides being professionals. If you have a problem with a locked phone, just go to these guys and your problem will be gone.
Something you will enjoy: these guys keep the communication flawless.

Tip for consumers: Don't hesitate and just try this professional cellphone unlockers, they really do their job.

toddh22
9/26/14

I have read how cheap and fast they are. I paid for my unlock code ($38.99) on Monday and here it is Friday evening and still no code. Got an email saying that its only been 4 days and it will be maybe Monday but probably Tuesday! I have used other sites for all kinds of phones and carriers and the longest it took was 3 days. Not wanting to take a chance because this is literally my only phone(broke other one)and didn't wanna wait. Cost 2x as much as other sites but was guaranteed faster turn around or money back. READ THE FINE PRINT YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK!! They have so many conditions that is impossible to get your money back. It's my own fault for not reading or just going with ones I know but hey I will just wait. I would just have someone else unlock it but at almost $40 I hate to just waste the money. Use them at your own risk!!!

Tip for consumers: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

tiffanyn4
9/26/14

I had my code within 20 minutes. My galaxy S4 was unlocked with no issues on the first try. Reasonable price. I will be recommending cellunlock.net to everyone!

mic4320
9/25/14

I used cellunlocker.net to unlock my HTC One after another website wasn't able to. It took about a day and a half, but they pulled it off. Legit site. Will definitely use again.

jackj45
9/25/14

The first 'get-your-unlock-code-here' service I tried spent 48 hours digging for my code and came up empty. The notification email implied the null result was my fault, and they suggested I follow the IMEI fetching instructions more carefully before resubmitting my order (LOL). The second service was more customer-centric and professional, but couldn't understand my frustration over the blunted options for 'device model' on their submission form (my Xperia Z1 C6906 was simply 'Xperia'). Two days later I was officially informed they couldn't find my code, probably because my phone was just 'too new', and I'd need to fork-out another $30 to have them dig deeper.
Technically, CellUnlocker.net was my fourth attempt to solicit digits from a code-harvesting service (#3 was the dumb-as-a-bag-of-crushed-rock csr in the Rogers Plus retial store who met my network-unlock request with a vacant look and straight silence....lol). Anyway, $8 and less than 4 hours is all it took CellUnlocker.net to crack this nut - they literally prevailed where so many others failed. Highly, *highly* recommended.

janusg
9/25/14

Quality service, though it took longer than expected.

Pros: Goes all the the way to unlock your phone. Good price.

Cons: Took them several tries until right code received. Not so easy to follow instructions.

timothyr9
9/24/14

Works. After trying two low priced "unlockers" and waiting (24-36 hours) only to get this:"Sorry I have been unable to generate the correct unlock code for your mobile." Ordered 09/24/2014 (Today at 10:52 AM) and received my code 24 minutes later (Today at 11:16 AM).

Don't know what these guys did differently, but they got me a working unlock code in 24 minutes. Inserted my "foreign" sim card, entered the network number (8 digits) and it works.

Delighted beyond belief. Thanks

mandeeps2
9/22/14

Very prompt service...in about 2 hours of my payment, they provided me the unlock number and it worked flawlessly.

Tip for consumers: Go for it...they are really good at what they do.

cato4
9/19/14

Never unlocked before. Got the code within hours. It did not work. I emailed them, told them what i did, what happened, they replied fast! gave me the something to try.... Well it worked, first try.
I was impressed by the service, professionalism, follow up on comments and even checking to make sure that it worked. Will unlock all my phone with them from now on. It's so EASY!

teutav
9/16/14

I had almost lost hope that my Iphone 4S will zhbllokohej, but thanks to the insistence of the staff cellunlocker.net iphone 4s was successfully unlocked and I appreciate the opportunity to find more positive

nathanb59
9/15/14

Awesome it took them like 5 min to give my unlock code ,unlocked my new phone awesome price can't beet that with a bat and its $10 cheaper then its competitor best unlocking site ever and others charge you more and that take like 2 to 3 days best site!

Tip for consumers: Thay unlock some of the newest phones that's always good other sites don't even have s5 or g3 or z2

adams109
9/11/14

Unlike other unlock sites they do not require you to find original provider, (which is a huge problem in newer phones). All I did was enter the phones IMEI number, chose all of Canada, made my payment and literally withing minutes received my unlock code. From now on I will only use this site. Under Value, its a little bit pricier (10 dollars), but who cares when you know you will receive your code promptly, and correct.

This may seem like I am a marketer, although I am not. I work at a restaurant in a tourist location and I fully understand the effectiveness of reviews for business. If there was any fault I would have mentioned.

daniels96
9/10/14

Good company but code took 12 days to deliver. Tried GSMLiberty first, but it was a complete failure. They wanted me to pay extra for a 'Tier 2' search, and when I declined, my promised refund was NOT completed. They sent an e-mail telling me I had been refunded, but it was all a LIE. STAY AWAY from GSMLiberty. Cellunlocker did the job for me.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CellUnlocker.net staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Will the unlock for iPhone be through iTunes and is it a permanent unlock?
RS
8/27/12
gayanm
A: Anyone got unlock codes from this website?
How is your experience?
8/5/11
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the CellUnlocker.net staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

6 Photos for CellUnlocker.net