US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

pedrog11

Excellent customer service, got some issues with the first code, problem was solve right away. (in 76 reviews)

danielp47

When I first received my code, it didn't work---not to the fault of CellUnlocker. (in 437 reviews)

paulq4

What I did was just insert the TELUS SIM, boot up my phone, and enter the unlock code when prompted. (in 363 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sebastians26
9/3/15

I have been using Cellunlocker.net for years, both for myself, and my customers. The last little while (we'll say a year or so) has been terrible, both with time processing, and overall support. Currently, we have been waiting almost 24 hours for an express unlock code that should have been processed within 30-90 MINUTES. The other week I waited over 8 hours for the same thing.

They need to fix this. This service is getting terrible.

loriz1
9/2/15

They managed to unlock my daughter's cell phone when I was very skeptical but didn't want to buy a new phone. Be patient and do exactly what they tell you to do! I was frustrated when it didn't work on the first attempt but they figured out the problem and I was shocked when the phone magically unlocked. Worked like a charm!

nageshg
8/29/15

It was a fantastic support by cellunlocker and I have no second thoughts about rating the service to 5-star.
I would defnitely recommend anyone looking for unlocking cell, this is the best place.
I do not know the name of the staff who was continously in touch during the process of unlocking my phone, but for the assistance he provided is worth the 5-stars+

timothyb51
8/29/15

Code was delivered extremely fast. I had a small problem on my end with finding a non accepted micro Sim and asking customer service what to do.. They quickly replied and I found the right Sim and code worked perfect. Thanks

malgorzatas1
8/28/15

That was quick and very good service. After I entered code my cellphone works excellent. Thank you cellunlocker.

gordonn5
8/27/15

unlocked rogers- LG phone- had code in 15 minutes with complete instructions.
I read instructions before i started and followed them.
Worked first time.
this was second time i used them, will use again.
I suggest that people that are having problems are not reading instuctions

neill17
8/26/15

I desperately wanted to rid myself of the Rogers evil communications empire (Canada). I contacted several unlock companies and all said they could not help me.... after they took my money ... and I had to fight for a refund. Then I went to Cell Unlocker. It did not work on the first pass. They got back to me and instructed me to perform a different strategy. I did and it worked. Well done guys. On another note I am disappointed that I had to pay in US dollars. This company is based in British Columbia, Canada. As a Canadian living in Toronto I resent paying a Canadian company in US dollars.

Regards
Neil

blanchardt
8/26/15

I was in the beginning happy wit the Cellunloker services, but I am a deeply deceived customer as I am writing now. I helped a friend of mine to unlock his iphone from Telus Network in Canada and it took a month after emails and threats and I am myself waiting for a code that they said it will take 1 to 2 days and now it's been 3 weeks that I 'm still waiting.
I don't know if it's just me alone, but The Cellunlocker business is going down.

Blanchard Tondo

susanm145
8/24/15

Unbelievably simple! I am going on maternity leave in 2 days and switching carriers as I will no longer have my business cellular plan. The guys in the mall shops want $99 to unlock a phone, I decided to look online and found cellunlocker for substantially less. It took only 25 minutes in between submitting my payment to having an email sent me to with the unlocking code. Once I had the code, it took less than a minute to unlock my phone and have it connected to my new network. I will definitely be back if I need another phone unlocked in the future.

nabhanr
8/23/15

These guys gave me my code really quickly, and then when I had issues with my unlock, where able to provide some good advice in a timely manner. I messaged them about my issues on a weekend and they still replied promptly. Great service!

jenb32
8/21/15

I purchased this service to unlock my blackberry Z10. waited 24 hrs for a code that didn't work. They asked me to send a video of me using the code, and I did, but they never responded to my email with the video. By this time 3 days had gone by and I needed the phone unlocked. I called the provider that the phone was locked to and they provided me a code verified by RIM. The code was completely different! I asked this company for my money back and resubmitted the video to the website they wanted it to go to. 2 days later they emailed me saying the refund request was denied because I didn't video me showing them IMEI number. They refuse to refund my money but did offer a discount the next time I want a phone unlocked. That's no good to me because why would I purchase services that don't work. Awful, lying, cheating company. Dishonest and don't care at all about customer satisfaction. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

brianh115
8/17/15

I am in Australia right now with my iPhone 6 under AT&T, and they refused to unlock my phone for international use. I am now using Optus with no problems.

First, I messed up my order and gave them the wrong number for my IMEI, and they fixed it for no additional charge. The unlock codes took a while to arrive (usually around 3-4 business days), but I didn't even need to connect to iTunes once I installed the new SIM.

I will definitely recommend this company to my friends traveling over-seas.

jeremyf11
8/16/15

EDIT: I have kept my email correspondence below, because I think it is worth knowing before working with CellUnlocker. I feel this business has done lots of good work with others and would like to think my experience is a one-off. If you read the emails below, please read all the way to the bottom, as my issues and all of my complaints have been taken care of to my satisfaction as you will read.

Here is email correspondence following my lack of any help and service from CellUnlocker.net:

EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE:

Email: to me, June 27th
Hello Jeremy Friesen!

Our records show your Phone Unlocking service has been completed, is everything working out okay for you so far?

We just wanted to send you a quick follow up E-mail regarding our Unlocking Services (www.cellunlocker.net). It looks like we have sent you the results already via E-Mail.

You can also check the results here: http://www.cellunlocker.net/order-tracking.php

Are you having any problems so far? Or is it working out fine for you so far? Have we resolved all your issues yet?

If we are still corresponding with you to resolve any issues that you are currently having, please do not worry as our staff will be working hard to resolve this.

It is important for us to know if our services met your expectations!

If there was anything that wasn't up to expectations or any concerns/suggestions at all, please free to reply to this email and we will try our best to resolve this for you and our Customer Care department will take care of you.

However, if you were happy with our services and everything worked out fine, would you mind giving us 5 minutes of your time and leaving us some feedback on a couple of sites?

We would REALLY APPRECIATE it as we are trying to build some positive feedback about our company (Just follow the links)

1.Trust Pilot
2.Review Center
3.Cellunlocker.net Testimonials
4.Web of Trust
5.Facebook
6.Sitejabber

*If you have already done this OR we are still working on unlocking your Phone's Network, please don't worry about it and thank you.

Thanks once again for your business and support, We recognize customer loyalty!

Also if you have a Business related to phones or buy phones in bulk sign up for our Cellunlocker.net Partner Program. You will receive Unlock Codes and Services exclusively to Cellunlocker.net Partners at a discounted rate.

REGISTER TODAY HERE!

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us:

Call us: 1-800-507-9077 (Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm PST)

or

E-mail us: sales@cellunlocker.net anytime.

- Cellunlocker.net Customer Care Support Team

Have a Wonderful Day!

Cellunlocker on Facebook Cellunlocker on Twitter Google+ Cellunlocker on YouTube

If you liked our services, show us some Love

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, I just got back from my trip. I never received the unlock code for my cell phone in either of my email addresses. Furthermore, my cell phone provider unlocked my phone for free. Furthermore, I was sent an email on Thursday (June 11th) stating that you would need to use another database to find my code and that that could take an additional 1-2 business days. To which I responded that I'm leaving on my trip on the upcoming weekend (June 13th) so I'd like to cancel the request. In response, you sent an email asking if I'm sure, as the timeline would provide me with the unlock code on Friday. Hearing this I agreed.

Having not yet received a code, having my phone already unlocked by my provider (which I did on June 13th just before I left), and having gotten no response on June 12th (when I was told I would have the code), I feel it is fair that I be refunded my money.

CellUnlocker looks to me like a great service that many should use, but only if they are not on a tight deadline. I think this should be added to your approach when dealing with customers.

Thank-you for getting back to me, I appreciate your correspondence.

Hi Jeremy,

We sent you the code last week to this email. Did you not receive it?

Here was a copy of that:
<email> --- NETWORK=--- PROVIDER=--- SUBPROVIDER=--- DEFREEZE=--- EXTRA=---

Please let us know if you did not receive this at all. Please make sure to check junk folders...

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did not receive it. I am an application developer and very familiar with both computers and how my email works. I don't know how it is possible that you have receipt of sending me an email that I never received. Furthermore, I never received this product at all, let alone on the timeline indicated. As I have not even received any code provided by CellUnlocker and my cell phone is already unlocked (by my provider, for free). I respectfully request a refund.

Thank-you,
Jeremy Friesen

Hi there,

We are all familiar with computers and how emailing works too.
We also received confirmation from our email server the email was sent.

Our refund policy can be viewed again, here:

Unfortunately we will not be able to refund this device without the video agreed upon at check out.

The most we can do is offer you a store credit of the same value for a future order.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
As per your policy. Please relock my handset and give me a refund. I never received the product that I purchased, and I no longer require it.

Hi there,

There are no refunds specifically for orders where the customer does not to use our unlocking services anymore after the order has been placed.

The best we can do is offer to unlock a different device, however there may not be a refund.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Given the conversation on June 11th between myself and a representative of CellUnlocker, I feel that this is not fair and should be reviewed by someone who can consider the circumstances.
On June 11th, I was emailed and told that CellUnlocker was unable to find my unlock code and asked for permission to search another database. I was told the search would take between 1-2 business days.
That same day I responded that I was leaving on a trip that Saturday (June 13th) and did not have time to wait for the unlock code.
I was then told by CellUnlocker to reconsider, and that the code would be provided to me the following day (June 12th).
On Saturday, June 13th (the day I left for my trip), having not received any email with an unlock code, I went to ISP to pay them to unlock my phone. To my surprise they (MTS Manitoba) said that given my contract with them, they were willing to unlock my phone for free.
I now have an unlocked phone. It did not require your product (which I have still not even received).
Here's my situation, as I see it. I have paid you for a product that:
I never received
I no longer have a need for
Was not provided to me within the timeline discussed
Tell me exactly how it is you feel, given this information that I am not entitled to a refund. I have given you money, and received absolutely nothing for it. Furthermore, even if I were to now receive your product I no longer have a need for it as my phone is unlocked and I am no longer travelling.

The email thread referred to has the Subject line "Unlock Code", sent from this email to support@cellunlocker.net, on June 11th.

Email: from me, August 16th
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Given that I have not yet received a response to this email since laying out my case, I feel I have no choice but to inform other users of the service received here. In an effort to remain fair, I have chosen to review your services on only one review site.

It can be found here: http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.cellunlocker.net#1120

I would prefer to resolve this issue between us, and do not wish to bring others into it. However, no response to my final email tells me that you are not listening. I haven't forgotten about the service I've received, and do not intend to be ripped off. Should I continue to be ignored and not treated with respect, you should expect more reviews, on more sites.

When I first found CellUnlocker, I was wary of the service I might receive, so I looked at sitejabber.com to see what both the positive and the negative reviews had to say about you. It was mostly good, so I believed you were a company that would follow through on its agreements. I feel that I was mistaken and want to do what I can to make sure others are not so easily fooled.

Email: to me, August 17th
Hi Jeremy,

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. I'm not sure why you didn't receive a response from your last email.

I do see within your email threads you did inform us you needed the code by the 13th.

Your order has been refunded. You should see the refund reflect in your account within the next 7 business days.

Email: to me, August 17th

Thank-you,
I will reconsider my review given this new information. I appreciate your consideration of the situation.

Tip for consumers: I have kept my email correspondence in this review, because I think it is worth knowing before working with CellUnlocker. I feel this business has done lots of good work with others and would like to think my experience is a one-off.

If you read the emails below, please read all the way to the bottom, as my issues and all of my complaints have been taken care of to my satisfaction as you will read. There are some reviews that claim this company is a scam. I would like to state that, they

mikec167
8/16/15

I bought a code for my Z10 from this company that did not work. I filed a complaint with Paypal after this company refused to refund my money. Stay away from these guys, if you know what is good for you. I don't use the word crooks much but feel that it applies here.

jocos
8/15/15

VERY GOOD

kimc80
8/15/15

First, let me say that there are *very* specific instructions you need to follow to get your money back in the event the code does not work. If any attempts were made previously to unlock the phone then the number of previous attempts needs to be videoed/imaged. Then you need to *video* you putting in the code into your phone to see if it works. If you don't, you lose your chance to get a refund. Not all phones have the original number of code attempts left - sometimes the previous owner tried a few times, and this leaves you stuck. I believe if you have less than 5 attempts left you need to document.

Anyway, after 12 hours and a few updates, I got a working code for my Moto X 2nd gen. Thanks!

alondras1
8/13/15

If it wasn't for them, i would have had to pay $40+.

clairec21
8/12/15

Can't praise these guys enough. They sorted my problem out quickly and efficiently. Highly recommended.

dennisg33
8/10/15

I received y unlocking codes in 1 day! and it was on the weekend! it worked the very first time, and at the same price Wind Canada. would have charged me! only it would have been more difficult, and it would take longer to get it from them! other companies couldn't find code(s), or they didn't work! keep up the good work! All my business goes to you in the future! bye for now! from Dennis in London Ontario, Canada.

Tip for consumers: come to this company first!

kemilleb
8/8/15

I unlocked an alcartel evolve locked to metreo pcs and it was simple as 1 2 3. I would always use this site for unlocking going forward and would recommend to anyone.

tonyd51
8/8/15

So I didn't get my code until 1.5 months later and despite claims to provide it (usually) within 24 hours, they did not. At first, no communication about what had happened but then they offered constant stream of excuses, lies, and chiding (basically whining at me for my impatience and unhappiness with their gawd-awful customer service). Then nothing for an entire month before the code magically showed up with no apologies, no offers to provide a rebate or anything. Just an awful company to work with.

I'd take any positive reviews with a very massive grain-of-salt because they read like shill account or fake account reviews. I wasn't the only one with this issue and they conveniently would delete any negative comments on their website. AVOID and spread the word. Don't let other people convince you otherwise and don't let your fellow customers get ripped off by these guys. BOO!

aw119
8/6/15

I had a horrible experience with this company!
They took 2 weeks to give me an unlock code! Its a total scam. I needed my phone unlocked to be able to travel to Asia. They took so long that I was already back from my trip when I got the unlock code! Now it is completely useless to me.
I emailed several times to ask for a refund since i have not even used the code yet. There has been no response. I emailed sales and support everyday for 2 weeks and even filled out the question form on their site. I have received no contact. How can anyone trust a company that doesn't even respond to their customers.
It cost almost $40 and would have been cheaper to go through my provider, but I was hoping these guys would be faster to get the unlock code to me. I guess not.
My advice... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!

dequanf
8/5/15

i bought a cell phone from someone and went to cellunlock to unlock my phone, i got the code which didnt work and to top it off they contacted me back only to not help unlock my phone. i am not mad though. i should have known better. GOOD LUCK and becareful people.........................FRAUD

audreec
8/3/15

Very thank for the fast service!!! Dont fight with your compagny ive been trying 2 years...and they did it in not even 2 days!!

stefc6
8/3/15

I bought my phone in canada (when I was living there) and had to move back home to the uk. Unfortunately no British Sim cards would work in my phone because the phone was locked. I went to many unlocking stores in the uk but had no hope!! I tried this online and figured that I had nothing to loose. I checked my emails hourly to see if anything had come through and as promised it came on the 23rd hour (they promise it would be sent withing 24 hours) and to my amazement it worked!!!!!!! I am absolutely over the moon. This has saved me a huge amount of money as the next step was buying a new phone. I highly recommend and thank you so much! I am once again a social butterfly.

brianl57
8/1/15

I ordered an unlock code for my P500H and within an hour the code arrived and worked flawlessly. Not expensive and a pleasure to do business with.

timothyc30
7/29/15

Used Cellunlocker to unlock my phone. The whole process was a breeze, Cellunlocker followed up to see if everyone was ok, and it was!
Great product, and at a reasonable price too. Other websites way overcharge.

mb104
7/29/15

STAY AWAY FROM THEM. THIS IS A FRAUDULENT SERVICE, THEY TOOK MY MONEY RIGHT AWAY AND AFTER MORE THAN A MONTH DID NOT GET BACK TO ME DESPITE MY REPETITIVE REMINDERS. EACH TIME THEY WOULD JUST SAY IT WILL BE READY SOON BUT I'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE, THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DON'T DO ANYTHING, NOR DO THEY GIVE YOUR MONEY BACK.

marlont3
7/26/15

There fast accurate and communicate well with customer.

bb97
7/24/15

I placed an order this morning. When can I expect an e-mail with the instructions. Are you providing support on Saturday and Sunday. Why is it so difficult to talk with your customer service on the phone?

berniem23
7/21/15

I was impressed by the amount of positive follow-up by Cellunlocker when I expressed a problem starting up my new phone - it was not related to the unlock code provided by this company. Eventually the matter was fixed by the phone seller and the unlock code worked perfectly the first time. I would definitely use them again.

Tip for consumers: There seems to be a few scammers out there offering "free" or very cheap phone unlocking, but Cellunlocker is not one of them.

manot1
7/20/15

decent service for affordable price - would recommend it

jond49
7/18/15

I got my code back a bit later than expected (3 days) but I followed the exact instructions given to me and it worked right away. I have a HTC m8. I was a bit worried because of some bad reviews but in my case, I'm really happy and ready to travel to Sweden !

J'ai reçu mon code plus tard que prévu (3 jours plus tard) mais tout a bien fonctionné en suivant les instructions attentivement. J'étais un peu inquiet à la lecture de certains commentaires négatifs mais dans mon cas, tout est ok.

markm186
7/17/15

Received my unlock code in 1 day and it worked on the first try.

vancep14
7/16/15

I submitted a order and received my code in one half hour. It worked and I'm sending this using the unlocked phone. Thanks!

dd105
7/14/15

.when i tried to unlock it didn't go through.
i complained and they said

Hi,
We apologize for the delays
Unfortunately we have been informed that the process will require a bit more time before it is available
The results should be ready within the next 3 business days
We have requested a rush for this
Sorry for the wait

and after 4 business days, i asked to cancel my order.
and next day, they canceled it.

email from them

' Cancelled Thank you'

wasted my time

enioc
7/13/15

I am very satisfied. They worked to unlock my galaxy s6 .

danl56
7/13/15

Samsung S5 locked to Rogers, got my email within hours of submitting payment and had the phone unlocked in minutes of receiving it. Just that quick and simple!

mahmoudj1
7/12/15

I ordered it online. 1 day later i received an email saying my phone was unlocked. I didn't have to do anything. I used my phone abroad and bought local sim there and it work without a problem . Awesome and great customer service

leahw7
7/11/15

This is the first time I ever used an unlocking service, usually I get it from the carrier. However, I was given a phone locked to a provider I&amp;#039;m not currently using. I felt wary from some of the unlocking services I saw online, and quite hesitant about providing any credit card information. When I found cellunlocker.net, I was surprised. I thoroughly looked on their website and was pleased with the site itself and the amount of relevant information it contained. I was able for a nominal charge, unlock a Samsung Galaxy Lite for far less than it would have cost to purchase a new, unlocked phone. They provided the most detailed instructions with the unlock code, covering just about any situation. The instructions allowed me to easily unlock the phone in seconds. They responded promptly to my inquiry emails, politely and completely. I would highly recommend this business!!!! www.cellunlocker.net

aarons60
7/10/15

So I bought a phone off ebay for my mom and at&t denied the request to unlock. So I stumbled upon cellunlocker.net and it actually went well and literally took less than 5 to 8 minutes!

federicoc7
7/10/15

Vine a estados unidos con mi cel de México pero en un descuido se me quebro y ya no funciono. En un waltmar y compre un samsung galaxy y le puse la simcard de mi cel que se me quebró al encender mi nuevo cel me pedía un código pin yo tenía el código pin de mi tarjeta sin pero no me lo aceptó así que me puse en contacto con Cellunlocker.net y ellos me ayudaron a desblokear mi cel en una forma fácil y sencilla y muy económica y segura.Gracias Cellunlocker

stevem180
7/4/15

Was a bit skeptical about doing the unlock code thing but wow can't fault these guys all sorted and phone is unlocked and fully working amazing thanks again

erikac10
7/2/15

These guys helped me unlock my phone the other day in less than 24hrs. It was a a Samsung S3 that was gifted to me and which Telus refused to unlock. They charged me less than Telus would have for an unlock fee as well. Very reasonable price and super fast and effective service. Of course times will vary depending on phone, carrier and country and it's not going to be possible to guarantee it works. However, the majority of reviews we read were positive and it definitely worked well for us. One thing is that when I initially entered the code they sent, it didn't unlock on its own. So then I read the rest of their e-mail and followed the troubleshooting procedure they had outlined there - which was really quite simple and clearly described. After that, it unlocked with ease and is working great! Make sure you read the full and very comprehensive e-mail if you have an issue at first because chances are everything is all good :) I would say this is totally worth a shot and hope it works as flawlessly for you as it did for me.

jesusk12
7/1/15

After coming here and reading all the bad reviews about people not getting their code until long after the fact or not at all, I must say I was very concerned because I had already placed my order. I ordered my code on a Saturday. I read that it would take up to 1 - 3 business days to receive my code. I checked my e-mail on Tuesday and voila! My code arrived. I followed the simple instructions and was able to unlock my AT&T Gear S watch phone. I now have service through T-Mobile and my device totally functions like a cell phone. I would highly recommend CellUnlocker.net to any and all that require an unlock code. THEY DELIVER!!!! I AM A TOTALLY SATISFIED CUSTOMER!!! HAROOOOO!!!!!

lilliek12
6/30/15

I got my code and instructions within 15 minutes and my phone was unlocked minutes later!

juanm46
6/30/15

this site is superb. super fast respond. excellent no doubt

ivanf12
6/30/15

Took 1 Week, But it Worked! - Best value online and site reviews were accurate, that's what gave me the confidence to pay for it

stevel70
6/24/15

I've used cellunlocker.net twice in the last couple of years, both times to unlock my own phone after my original contract was up (a Blackberry and a Samsung Galaxy). Yes, your provider will do that for you, but Cell Unlocker is less expensive. They are responsive and accurate. The first time I had a minor issue, and their tech support was responsive and written by a real person, and fixed it for me. The second time, nothing more to do...worked 100% first try.

I would use them anytime.

danielled23
6/24/15

This company is a scam in my opinion.I have a Samsung galaxy note 4. They say 1 to 2 business days I'm on day 5 and still nothing. I'm getting nothing but the run around. Email 1 were still processing, 2 we don't work weekends, 3 you should get it 2morrow, 4 our supplier said you should get it no later than 2morrow. Now it's 2morrow and they are saying there is a delay. I don't feel I'm ever going to get my code and I'm very frustrated and very unhappy customer that will not go back. I'll be starting an investigation with my bank to get my money back. Do not order from this company. Their only getting a 1 cuz I have to give them something.

22 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CellUnlocker.net staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Will the unlock for iPhone be through iTunes and is it a permanent unlock?
RS
8/27/12
Answer
rosemaryk
A: I travel a lot and I have owned many cellphones. I have always found the network providers to be really uncooperative regarding unlocking "their" phones.
Yesterday my sister needed her phone unlocked and we were in a hurry so I went online and found Cellunlocker.
The website is really clear, it cost less than $20.00 Canadian, and I had my sister's phone unlocked in less than an hour. The entire process was very easy, I think if people are struggling, it's because they haven't taken the time to read the directions. Measure twice, cut once!! Highly recommended.
4/16/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: How to Unlock Samsung Phones
1/9/15
Answer
patd26
A: Phone CellUnlocker, pay a nominal fee, you'll get an unlock code and simple instructions emailed to you in minutes. Follow the instructions and in less than 2 minutes your phone will be unlocked. One thing, make sure you have a sim card from another phone company before you start. You'll need to put this in the phone before entering the unlock code.
4/4/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the CellUnlocker.net staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

7 Photos for CellUnlocker.net