US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

emilyg19

I contacted their customer service department and their help was fantastic. (in 78 reviews)

michaelt5

The prices were competitive and my order shipped quickly. (in 242 reviews)

connieb35

I have finally received a response from Café Press and they are sending replacements at no cost. (in 43 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

tracieh1
5/14/15

I purchased a car from this business and regretted it from day one. The car was over priced and had numerous problems immediately. Out of the 12 months I have had the car it has been on the road maybe two months. The rest of the time it has been in the shop or just sitting because it cannot be driven. I have spoken to him numerous times and have taken it to him to be fixed at his request and have paid him for work that was claimed to be done that was not. He is unethical, pushy, and breached my confidential information (told a friend my personal information and I knew the individual) Please avoid Economy Motors of Redding. you will be sorry if you purchase a used car from Rashid.

sued23
5/9/15

I ordered a hat with the insignia of my brothers ship. What junk and poor workmanship. Can't read ANY of the insignia!!!! Couldn't send it back because my brother is mentally ill and didn't tell me until much later. I see that they also have a restocking fee. Never never, never, will I order from them again.

bevd5
4/7/15

Duvets are thin and expensive, rugs are commercial grade flimsy cheap, shower curtains are blurry and pillows are not even full of fluff. Poor customer service on returns and they charge you a 20% restocking fee. A real rip off company. And you wonder why the CEO and president left last summer? Junk pure junk, flea market style.

miken54
4/1/15

ordered two hats trough radio armatures of Canada at fifteen dollars each , total plus freight 62.00 to send them across 4 provinces . and they are dollar store quality . never buy there again .

shelbyg7
3/10/15

I ordered bedding for my son - his first ever bedding, duvet covers and pillow covers with a golf theme because he is a golf nut. However when the items arrived they were so poor quality I requested a return form online and I was told there would be a 20% processing fee so considering I spent £250 I will only get £200 back!! I have asked them for a breakdown of this fee but I have not had a response. I will be reporting this company to trading standards.

reginas12
3/6/15

I ordered the popcorn curtains the other day,the material was so thin snd sheer...you can hardly see the popcorn pattern because of how sheer it is!!!!! IM sooooooo disappointed!!!!!!! I paid $68 for them which was such a waste of money....I will not be ordering from them again ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The curtains shipped fast so i will give them a 4 star on that but as far as in quality ,,a 0.........

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!!!!!!

scotts104
3/4/15

I ordered a couple t-shirts and a trailer hitch cover. The shirts were iron on pattern (like you could do at home) and the trailer hitch turned a different color in 3 months. I contacted them to try and get a replacement hitch cover, they stated it was outside of 30 days so they would do nothing. Terrible products, terrible service. Will never order from them again.

Tip for consumers: Find a different retailer

earlet4
2/20/15

Cafepress is not doing its homework when it comes to military items. Example their shirts and hats show the USS Forrest Royal with ribbons, National Defense, Vietnam Service and Vietnam Campaign. The Forrest Royal was not awarded while in Vietnam the Vietnam Campaign as per Opnav 1650, while there the ship was awarded CR, MU, VS and RG.

jeffs89
2/17/15

The dog ID tag product is not worth the price and is over charging for the delivery fees. This is just a bad dot matrix print out that is glued to the surface of the metal tag itself. It will begin to lift and break apart in a few weeks of use with your pet. I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND USEING THIS COMPANY. YOU CAN GO TO PETCO AND GET BETTER…

Tip for consumers: Don't buy… ! for the price I paid for this product I did not receive good value for the money!!!!!!

lorraineg2
2/14/15

This is the first time I ordered from CafePress, and it will be my last. When an item says "In Stock," I expect it to be in stock. They sent an email that all my items had been shipped, then 2 days later sent another email that one item had not been shipped, and was "in production." I contacted Customer Service and received this brilliant reply from Khalid A.: "Thank you for contacting CafePress. I'll be happy to assist you. I checked and saw that your order is out of product and has been shipped." I don't need this frustration and will shop elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Shop elsewhere

victoriaa9
2/5/15

NEVER again will I buy anything from cafepress ! Where do I start ? ! I bought 3 seperate shirts in a row and they all arrived massively oversized- big enough to use as a table cloth ( I'm serious) the lengths were all normal, but up to 4 ppl can fit inside the width, plus the unique print was faded, had cracks & holes and u can see the shirt colour through the print & there was print press chemical stains on the back of one of the shirts & a huge big square stain on the front of another. I also designed a mousepad with my beloved rescue dogspics , their names & year. The part of their names were chopped off, the year was chopped out with a blob of ink on the corner & there are yellow lines all through the photos, loves hearts etc . They refunded one shirt & the mouse pad and promised a replacement of another shirt which I'm still waiting on. Now I get another shirt which is big enough to use as a car cover and they've ignored all my emails & pics. They kept promising me their Quality Control Officer will contact me as Ivé requested it for over a month several times, but she ignores me and seriously - DON'T BUY FROM THIS SITE! I asked them if a 5 year old is operating the print presses & how can they even pack & ship such faulty items ? Look below & seehow huge their shirts are compared to the same size shirt I ordered from another site & their HORRIBLE printing 'skills' !

Tip for consumers: Looks pretty in their ad pics, but when u receive it, it looks like it's been printed or handled by a 5 year old with butter fingers.

bobbieh9
1/23/15

Terrible shipping practices!!! I think they sent it by the slowest carrier they could find. My order was fine but geezzzz. I think carrier pigeon would have been faster.

Tip for consumers: My tip: Don't expect fast shipping and then be disappointed. You have been given a heads up on the sloooooooooooooooooooooooow shipping.

concernedcustomerc
1/18/15

I ordered items from them and selected expedited shipping to get them in time for Christmas. When I received my confirmation email from CafePress, it didn't have the expedited shipping listed on the order. I then called the customer service number listed in the email and on the website, and was rerouted instead to a telemarketer trying to get me to enroll in an energy savings program. I thought if I talked to them for a few minutes I would be able to be transferred to a CafePress representative. They never would transfer me, and instead come to find out I have been enrolled in this energy savings program and they have taken money out of my bank account. I just called twice to cancel and get out of the program. I find it very sketchy that CafePress changed my order so I would then have to call the only number listed in the email and on the website and then be rerouted to this telemarketer.There was no other number I could have called; and the telemarketer kept trying to lure you in with free gift cards. I tried the email route, and a CafePress representative supposedly is supposed to get back to you in 48 hours, and it took them three days or more to get back to me, which at that point I would have had to pay an extra $50 to get my items in time for Christmas. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT USING THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!

andream57
1/16/15

I had a certificate for $50. It was purchased when there was a promotion to pay $25 for a $50 certificate. When you look at the email, in BRIGHT red letters, it said that I had until January 1st, 2015 11:59pm pst to use the certificate for the full amount. On January 1st, I was putting in my order around 10pm cst. When I entered the voucher code, the voucher was only for $25. I went back to the email and way down at the bottom in fine print it said that you had to use the certificate by December 31st, 2014 11:59pm pst. I have used your website a handful of times so I figured customer service would make this right. I emailed Support with attachments of my email and the order I was going to place before the January 1st deadline. The first response I received made it seem like I would get the full value of the voucher and even the second and third response, but instead of doing that, I was given a code for 50% off. I responded back that I should get the full value of my voucher but I was told that there were no codes available to do that?? On top of that, the code I was given for 50% said it was already used! I am extremely disappointed and plan on writing other reviews to further discourage customers from using your site.

tracyb51
1/13/15

We needed some help with a shirt we needed to return and switch with another shirt. The help was famtastic! I will only order from them now knowing they will take care of me.

lek16
1/5/15

I ordered three magnets; one was printed fine, the other two had obvious flaws (a black dot at the top of one and crooked placement of the graphic on the other). It took almost two months and many e-mails before I received replacements for the poor print job. They don't seem to proof all of their printing before sending out the items.

Tip for consumers: Be persistent when needing a replacement. Customer service seems to be outsourced, so be prepared to send the same information and photos of the defective item(s) several times to the various customer service reps who will reply to your e-mails.

jimr51
1/3/15

I ordered 4 t shirts. 3 were all right, but the 4th was wrong. Customer service didn't want the bad shirt back, gave me a partial refund only. That's not fair!!! I wouldn't order from them again.

debbies38
1/1/15

What a horrible experience. I ordered long sleeve white t$#*!rts printed with a custom design for Christmas. When they arrived, the t shirts were either discolored or dirty. I made up my mind it let it go, but when I recieved a survey, I completed it with that information. I then received a very kind letter from customer service:

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our CafePress survey! We use this type of feedback to improve our quality and services in the future. I am so sorry for the poor quality of the shirts you received and for the inconvenience this caused you! I want to take care of this for you in any way that I can.

I would be more than happy to send you a replacement or I can process an exchange for a completely different item at no additional charge! If you would like a replacement order, please reply to this email with the product number, color, and preferred size of the item you would like to receive and I will issue a replacement order free of charge.

We do not want you to incur any additional shipping fees, so we would not ask you to return the original shirts.

Thank you so much for your time and patience. Once again we really appreciate your feedback!

We have generated a support ticket to help us track your inquiry. Your ticket code is LTK11176017283489X. Please use this code in any further communication.

Sincerely,

Nikki U.
Customer Experience Representative
8:00am to 10:00pm EST (GMT-4), Monday - Friday
9:00am to 6:00pm EST (GMT-4), Saturday
+1-877-809-1659 Toll-Free (US & Canada)
+1-919-323-4480 International
+61-1800-616-081 Australia
+64-800-995-061 New Zealand
www.cafepress.com

I was extremely pleased that they cared. BUT AFTER THAT, EVEN WITH FOLLOWUP EMAILS...

I NEVER HEARD FROM ANYONE AGAIN. FOR ALMOST $300.00, being blown off after that email was the worst experience ever!!!

hopel2
12/31/14

Where do I begin? I ordered holiday cards (why oh why did I not use shutterfly like I usually do?) and they only sent 40 of the 60 cards I had ordered. Holiday cards are a pretty timely thing, in case you didn't realize (Cafe press surely didn't get it). I contacted customer service several times, emailing back and forth, only to get nonsensical replies, such as "sorry, I just accidentally refunded your order" when they had done no such thing. You would think they would just send me my remaining 20 cards ASAP (which is what I had requested several times), but no, they avoided the issue until finally they said "we apologize for the inconvenience and have ordered a replacement which should arrive no later than Jan 9, 2015". What?! That's more than 2 weeks away! Shouldn't they express ship my replacement as a gesture of good service for their misdeed of sending me an incomplete order in the first place? You would think. I will not be recommending this website to anyone. In fact, I will be doing what I'm doing right now, which is the exact opposite of a kind recommendation. Next time, CafePress, send my complete order, express ship the replacement and have better, more competent customer service.

cathyn4
12/29/14

Very happy with cafepress.

erikam14
12/29/14

I ordered an item in plenty of time for it to be delivered by the date I needed and it did not get there in time. I contacted customer service and they said they would send a new item which they never did. I will NEVER order from this company again and I'll be sure to tell my friends never to order from them either!

maryw84
12/24/14

I purchased five different coffee mugs from them. They all managed to be damaged. When I tried to send them back I discovered I would have to pay a shipping charge and restocking fee. I feel this is very unfair since they sent me damaged goods. I will never purchase from them again. Buyer beware these guys rip people off.

Tip for consumers: Don't use them. Go to Amazon they stand by all their products and have great customer service!!!

bettys18
12/23/14

I had already ordered my product when I happened across a number of reviews that were definitely not encouraging. Due to this, I awaited my order with some trepidation. But I am happy to post that I am extremely pleased with my order. I was decorating a bathroom with a cowboy flair and decided to have a photo of my husband on horseback for the shower curtain. I think it looks amazing. Thanks for a great job.

marshap2
12/19/14

Poor shipping, poor customer service, poor experience!
I called to track my order which is overdue. The customer rep from Cafe Press, Chelsea, told me the package was lost and snickered. She was trying hard not to laugh when I clarified the package was lost. I asked to speak to a supervisor who was slightly irritable with me. She checked and said the package was not lost but would be delivered Monday. She said she would review the call and retrain the rep. I am very disappointed that a rep would lie to be about a package that I have paid for and am waiting to be delivered for a Christmas present. The supervisor was irritable but helpful. I would not recommend doing business here. I don't plan on it again. I really wanted to support a local business but they need to do better than this. They will not get anymore of my money and I can't recommend that you spend your money here either .

Tip for consumers: Do not order from them unless u have lots of time to wait on shipping on lots of patience

alexas9
12/18/14

I will never order from Café Press again! I placed my order on Nov. 24 for 2 shirts for my son; delivery estimated sent by Café Press in my order confirmation was Dec. 5-9. Then I get an email saying my order was shipped on Dec. 9... so very obviously production was delayed and my shirts wouldn't arrive on time. I didn't not receive an apology either. It's now Dec. 19, still no shirts in sight. Wondering whether they are using pigeon mail...

Tip for consumers: Do not order from Café Press...

jasong44
12/16/14

The first order was alright. Which is to say, I asked for the run of the mill shipping. I was not very surprised when the order arrived later than the estimated delivery time. BUT, this time I placed an order and asked for the more pricey shipping, to get it here in less than 7 days. I should have just stayed with the U.S Postal service because they (Cafepress shippers) totally blew it, and I am out of the cash I spent. Needless to say, I won't bother wasting my time or my money ordering anything from this company. If you cannot hit the estimated times listed on your shipping invoice, then why offer the more speedy delivery options.

I have read some of the responses from the customer service personnel, and it is typical for what I have come to expect from these folks. Appologize and offer up a belated, patronizing comment regarding peak shipping time or what ever sob story the responder chooses to insert. I am sorry, but I forget where this is the customers problem? If you cannot deliver what is posted, then do not post it to begin with. Obviously, you have lost my business.

Tip for consumers: If you need it at a specific time, do NOT buy into the estimates or the shipping pricing options. You will most certainly be let down.

pearlb25
12/15/14

I had trouble with my order. Spoke to Tyanne who was extremely pleasant and helpful beyond expectations. Would definitely order again from CafePress

lindaa36
12/13/14

Ordered t shirt and sweatshirt unhappy with quality..items are thin and Logos barely legible..mmy salutation was on a cheap little paper receipt..I expected some sort of card ..won't order again

Tip for consumers: Overpriced..poor quality

thip2
12/12/14

Ordered 17 YELLOW T-shirts with custom logo and titles, as gifts for a bunch of students in China.
Pros-
1) domestic shipping was prompt;
2) no misspelled words!
3) fabric is a medium weight, average quality like you would get from the Hanes white undershirts pack.
Cons-
1) color is not a bright yellow per website;
2) inconsistent color yellow among the shirts, but worse they actually looked faded and old like they've been in storage for a long time!!!
So disappointed because they don't look new and nice, esp because they are gifts!!!

Don't think i'd order t-shirts again from them...

gg33
12/11/14

I ordered 2 sets of mugs as advertised at regular price for $20 per set on their Canadian website. The ordered was shipped incomplete and I only received one set. When I called customer service, the initial rep was fair and understanding. He even checked online to see how it was advertised on the Canadian site to ensure that an error was made. After the supervisor was approached to address that I wanted the rest of my order shipped as advertised, to my surprise she vehemently objected. The supervisor was then consulted who said that the Canadian website was not advertising the product accurately and that it was actually $20 per mug and that there was "no way" she was shipping out the rest of my order. I was shocked at the rude tone and have never encountered such poor customer service especially not when the error was on the part of the company. I hope that this supervisor can be better trained in the future to deal with such issues to keep customers happy. This was my first and last purchase even though I liked the partially-shipped product.

Tip for consumers: Be cautious especially if you need customer support with the Canadian site.

colleenb10
12/10/14

Ordered 4 custom printed ornaments - "Thanks for Saving My Life"---arrived with 2 of the holes at top off center. Figured I would have to order more & hope to get some with on center holes. Called them, just to complain- never even asked for replacement as was too late to get them in time. BUT--rep apologized about the 2 of 4 being unusable & insisted on sending me a complete new set of , so that I would be sure to have 4 good ones in all. Rush delivery and no charge. FABULOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE. VERY HAPPY!!

Tip for consumers: Check quality right away. CafePress is very good about making things right.

brianj42
12/9/14

Ordered a T-Shirt for a themed Christmas party....was supposed to be a bright disco ball on a plain white short sleeve shirt. After adding the shipping and a second T-Shirt the total was over $46!!! When the shirt arrived, it looked nothing like the online photo. In fact, it looked like it had been washed 5 times and the logo was so faded, we had to laugh. Beware of what they present to you vs. what they send to you. If we hadn't been in a bind for the late invitation to this party, I would have sent the shirt back and never used this site again!!!! Ridiculous price for poor quality!

Tip for consumers: Don't!

jennyw19
12/9/14

I ordered a memory box as a retirement present for our practice nurse-what came in the box was a flat tile with the wording I ordered. Despite trying to contact them by phone--- there was a fault, by e-mail-there was a problem with the Internet connection? -I wrote to them by there on-line messaging system and received an automated response!!! They say they will respond in 24-48 hours -too late for the party this is meant to be for. What else am I supposed to do. The product I received is not what I ordered and with the shipping came to over 50 dollars. The only good thing I can say is that the wrong product got there on time!!!! Day 2 and no response from them.

Tip for consumers: I would not use this site again. If you do-order early as you will need plenty of time to put things right if there is a problem.

shb
12/7/14

They certainly stand behind their '100% satisfaction guaranteed'. They went above and beyond to correct an order which was MY error in the first place. This is definitely a seller with integrity. The product was good quality, the shipping was fast, and I was so impressed with their customer service that I wanted to write this review.

emilyl23
11/20/14

I ordered a mug as a present for someone from the site. I wanted it shipped to my university campus address, which looks a little different from a normal address format. It's basically your student email name, and then city, state, zip. I went through the ordering process only to be unable to complete my order because of my campus mail address. I called customer service to help me place the order. The person was helpful enough but when she took down my email to send me a confirmation message, she wrote it down incorrectly and I never recieved a confirmation email. I ended up placing the order a second time because I thought something had gone wrong but I only found out later that it had gone through so I had to call customer service again to cancel the second order. When my mug finally came in the mail, I opened it up only to discover several chips and dents in its surface.
***ALSO THIS IS IMPORTANT*** When you first order something from the site and you have to put your credit card information into your account, the site automatically,and without your knowledge, signs you up for their "pre-pay" account where they will charge you $10 a month for, like, no damn reason. The fix is simple though, as soon as is convenient, delete any card information from your account and it will put you on the "no-upfront-cost" plan where they can't charge you anything for simply having an account. Make sure you do that if you're like me and you will probably never use this terrible site more than once.

latias
11/14/14

Terrible shipping! So unhappy and I will not be ordering again since items don't ship on dates you pay for! And of course customer service doesn't give a shh you didn't get your item that was a gift as expected.

Tip for consumers: Use zazzle instead!

vanessak9
11/12/14

Very unhappy. Ordered an extra Large T Shirt for my labrador dog with an Australian Flag, received a small shirt with Homeland Security and a squirrel logo. First and last time I will use this site.

Tip for consumers: Don't use them!

ainec
11/12/14

Second order with CafePress - this one is again late and it was for my wedding the last one was a Christmas present that arrived late!!
Really dissapointed again - Shoppers allow 6 + weeks for deliveries. I dont understand this as i recieved something from Australia in a week - to Ireland!!

Wont be using them again.

Tip for consumers: Allow 6+ weeks for shipping

carollynnc
11/6/14

I got a nice black long sleeve tee shirt, but the design was off center. It is more to the left of the shirt. So it's lop-sided, and the shirt already has a hole in the front. The black shirts have a plastic decal on them. SO I would recommend getting a light colored shirt.

catherines24
11/5/14

I've ordered multiple times from CafePress, and been pleased with every purchase. It is "One Unique" site, and I will continue checking the website whenever I'm shopping for an unusual gift or specific item.

jodyc12
11/4/14

The shirts were exactly as described and arrived quickly.

juliep26
11/4/14

Very Good, Easy to upload photos and order

rickr28
11/3/14

I ordered a pajama set for a gift for Christmas. The pants look plenty big but I'm concerned about the top. It looks small. The transaction went smoothly.

larryf16
11/3/14

Very good, excellent service.

robertah4
11/3/14

Easy and quick. No complications or extra pages to sort through.

nicolas199

Terrific!
Website is easy to use and my purchase was delivered promptly. Great value.

dflyd
11/2/14

Nice products, arrived in good shape.

daniell425

Excellent

rosemaryb5
11/2/14

I ORDERED T-SHIRTS FOR A NEW BABY AND HER BIG BROTHER.. THEY ARRIVED PROMPTLY AND THE QUALITY OF THE FABRIC WAS EXCELLENT.

susanc83
11/1/14

Very good

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CafePress staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: i just signed up for cafe press and made my own fan page store. When going to put in my information for my part of the profit, I was asked to include my social security number. I don't understand why they would need this and i was wondering if it has been a problem for anyone else?
6/26/12
Add your answer
Q: How is the quality of the shower curtains? i am a bit hesitant to spend $60+ on something that could be cheap and print unclear.... i am specifically looking at http://www.cafepress.com/+midnight_blue_crow_wing_shower_curtain,1541926923
which has me worried that the dark color printed on a white polyester cloth could turn out not so great.... anyone have a few pics they want to share of a shower curtain?
4/9/15
Answer
bevd5
A: The material is thin and cheap, and the images are distorted to a blur. I tried with 3 redo's on a shower curtain and they never got it right. The hole for the hooks are just that...holes. No support to prevent from ripping. After the 3rd try to get it right I had a choice of a 20% restocking fee or another try because the 30 day policy was over after all of the redos. This was a 2 month process and the shower curtain wound up as a freeze protector for my plants last winer:(
4/9/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the CafePress staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

15 Photos for CafePress