US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

emilyg19

I contacted their customer service department and their help was fantastic. (in 84 reviews)

bettys18

Due to this, I awaited my order with some trepidation. (in 268 reviews)

tn1

Some short time ago I printed a long-sleeve shirt for my then boyfriend. (in 106 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lindar107
1/29/16

I ordered the hearts of math t-shirts. They looked so cute online. What a disappointment...poor quality, poor sizing, poor printing with splotches, blurs and off centered designs and very expensive. I have ordered from CafePress before and have never been pleased. I hope that I have finally learned to not order from them no matter how cute items appear to be.

jonw46
1/28/16

Needed a custom mug. I questioned their template specs resolution. I was right, the print was horrible. What should have been sharp & crisp was fuzzy and hardly visible. Corners of print had smudges. Ohhh and handle on their cheapo mug was crooked lol. I'm a graphic artist, so if mine didn't come out good, I can't imagine what the average Joes come out like. And x3 on what their shipping says because it took about that.

shellyb29
1/13/16

I have ordered from this company for several years and have to say they do not disappoint. I do a lot of custom items which can tend to be pricey at low quantities, which can make one nervous when ordering. But have no fear, if you are at all unsatisfied with what you get, they take care of you like champs! So order away, don't delay, cause cafepress will make your day!!

gregs97
1/10/16

I ordered two T-Shirts, same size, 1 fit, one didn't and they were the same size! Also, the printing on both shirts was not centered and one was not centered and crooked! At first they told me there was a 20% restocking fee. After advising them that I was not going to pay that and that I would report them to the Federal Trade Commission, they stated that info was an "error" and they would credit my account in full and let me keep the shirts, which I will be donating to the nearest clothes dumpster. I'm done with them. I don't need this hassle over a F******* T-shirt!!! Pleeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

margaretr38
1/9/16

I ordered several greeting cards.
They took 7 days to arrive, I could of made better myself.
Envelopes too big, print didn't fit on page, poor material quality.
AN ABSOLUTE RIP OFF. DO NOT BUY CARDS FROM THIS COMPANY!

eugeneb23
1/1/16

Placed an order for a SAC shirt and a B-52 shirt. Got the on SAC shirt and the color of the SAC emblem is off and the on the shirt was not a B-52 shirt. Called and the shirt I got in its place has the B-52 on the front and not the back as it should have. I just kept them as this place is a real rip off and will never order from them again. Over priced junk.

paxonp
12/23/15

I ordered a Christmas Gift three weeks ago... it was suppose to be here Dec 22. It was shipped ten days ago... by pony express... scheduled to arrive after Christmas. "Sorry Nephew, no gift for you" Thank you very little - DO NOT DEPEND ON CAFE PRESS for ON TIME DELIVERY :(

duanef4
12/23/15

I placed an order with expedited shipping and was charged $13.00 for the package to arrive on 12/18. Unfortunately they did not follow the instructions and shipped by common freight with the package to arrive by 1/3/2016. It is scheduled to arrive by the end of the day 12/24 but that is too late.

The customer service rep I spoke too admitted they have a bug in their software which changes shipping instructions but places blame on the customer. They are willing to refund the amount their system says they charged but not the amount I was charged unless I provide proof of payment.

They have a known software issue which impacts customers, blame the error on their customers, and will only refund based on what is in their computer system, not on what was charged.

I am now dealing with a very disappointed daughter that will not be able to follow through on a very special plan for the holidays. All of this because of a known software problem!

samm556
12/22/15

I ordered a christmas gift on Nov 27 and was told it would arrive in Australia between Dec 11 - 15. As of Dec 23rd it still hasn't even been dispatched from the USA! An absolute joke - avoid like the plague.

laurieb25
12/21/15

I ordered Christmas cards very early in December and it is Dec 21 and no cards. I had chosen these cards after much consideration..even ordered a special stamp to imprint a special message inside the cards...and no cards arrived. I did receive a refund, but that doesn't take away that I spent an enormous amount of time selecting them, and had to scramble to buy other cards and rush to get them out in time. It has been a nightmare and I will never order Christmas cards from them again.

d

jennyr24
12/21/15

I work at a non-profit organization, and we recently ordered baby "onesies" personalized with our logo to give to our donors, staff, and board members who are expecting. In the first batch of six onesies: one of them was double-printed, five were completely off-center, and ALL of them were very poor print quality (bad color, grainy, and pixelated) even though I uploaded a high-resolution file. The quality-control was non-existent. We contacted CafePress and asked for a refund. Instead, we were sent a replacement batch of onesies, which we did NOT want. The quality was slightly better, but still DEFINITELY NOT WORTH the $16+ each, including shipping. Upon contacting CafePress again to request a full refund, they said that we could keep the (poor quality, unusable) onesies, and that they would refund our credit card. Unfortunately, they are keeping the $13 we paid in shipping. I am still deciding whether I am going to contact them (for the fourth time in a month) but in the meantime, I wanted to post this review to warn others to steer clear!

Tip for consumers: Best to avoid completely. I ordered some personalized items from them about 10 years ago, but the quality has PLUMMETED since then.

catherined22
12/18/15

Poor quality cards, don't bother! Very expensive.

georges165
12/17/15

I ordered specific Christmas cards for friends on December 6. I still haven't received them as of Dec. 17. I''ll have to buy generic cards at a local store. These people are worthless. Avoid this company.

sallyg22
12/16/15

I ordered an expensive duvet and pillowslips from this company with Van Gogh almond tree in flower print. I asked for cotton ( I live in the tropics) and was sent poor quality polyester fabric cheaply made.
It cost heaps to have it delve reed and I would have been better buying at a local discount store.
If you want quality product look elsewhere..

sandyb35
12/7/15

For unusual or specific designs this is your wrbsite

sharonp48
11/14/15

Bought a trailer hitch cover for our truck. Cafe Press has a wonderful selection, but for $20-$25, wouldn't you expect more than a fragile piece of plastic?

Buyer beware!!

trishs12
11/12/15

I just received 3 sweatshirts as gifts for my grandchildren for Christmas. The sweatshirt designs are cute....the sweatshirts are $5 Hanes brand. I was very disappointed in the quality after spending almost $100. I work at a gourmet & gift store that sells sweatshirts with logo that are high quality and sell for less .I will not order again from CafePress.

melissas86
11/4/15

"I purchased several hundred dollars worth of tshirts to give as gifts last holiday season. While I like their unique designs the quality is the worst I have ever seen. The design decal on EVERY single shirt started cracking and peeling after just one washing! I have ordered from many other sites ($6 shirts, ThinkGeek etc.) The shirts go into the same wash and one year later the $#*!rst from these other (cheaper) sites are still holding up beautifully. Customer service at Cafe Press refused to acknowledge the problem or give me a refund because I was out of the return period. I had done early shopping (in September) but held the shirts for Christmas. Sadly I will never purchase from them again. Total waste of money."

hollys38
10/23/15

I ordered a small $150 area rug expecting a carpet rug and was sent a thin fabric mat which was slippery and a fall hazard.
The company refused to refund my money with a return.

karenj50
10/22/15

I ordered tee-shirts as well as other items from CafePress. Unfortunately, I didn't try to return a clearly defective shirt until well past their return date. I figured that is was never worn, was clearly mis-printed when the shirt became folded and didn't print all of the letters, and I wasn't asking for my money back, only a new shirt. Guess what? They would only offer a coupon for a percentage off a future order. Really? How much would it cost to print a new shirt? A couple bucks? I'm going to tell my daughter to wear the defective shirt every chance she gets. And when her ballet friends ask her where she got a shirt like that, with a weird line through the quote, I'm going to tell her to say, "This is the type of merchandise Cafe Press makes. Order from a business that actually care about their reputation.

velindaw
10/20/15

I requested a refund on a shirt that didn't fit. They immediately processed the refund and told me to keep it! That was awesome not having to mail it back! :)

nicolem53
10/17/15

I regularly upload my designs to cafepress, and have made at least three...? maybe four orders from them, and have yet to encounter anything disastrous. Every time I ordered from them (I chose the cheapest shipping available), my products arrived before the estimated delivery time.
Between all my orders, I have purchased three shirts. Each one was of good quality. The fabric was nice and thick, and the colors of my designs ran true to what they were supposed to look like. I also purchased a mouse pad with one of my drawings on it, and it looked beautiful! The colors were all accurate and the mouse pad was of high quality. I also purchased a notebook to sketch in, and the paper was nice, thick, and smooth. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the page dimensions were a little weird and it was kind of narrow for what I'm used to sketching in. Nonetheless, I still filled the entire thing. The other product I have purchased from cafepress are mini buttons. These, I do take some issue with. The pin on the back of the buttons was poorly constructed in such a manner that they often fell of of my school lanyard. I have bought four or five mini buttons (four, I think), and two of them had the plastic cover not all the way sealed by the metal back. From the pictures on their website, you can tell that the larger buttons have a different back and have the standard pin, so it seems that the quality problem (at least with the pin part) is only with the mini buttons, so I don't recommend buying those.

As a designer on their website, I find the variety of products a bit lacking compared to sites like Zazzle, but their design interface for putting my designs on products is the most efficient one I have come across.

robertr140
10/9/15

I ordered a hoody with my Army unit insignia on the chest next to the zipper. I received it today. The insignia is half under your arm pit when worn. Nothing like what they picture. TOTAL WASTE of MONEY...

jimh100
9/18/15

I ordered a Dri-fit shirt which was supposed to have an axe colored like the flag of Norway which said Viking on it. In the picture online, the shirt is white with no visible seams. The actual shirt arrives with large and obvious grey seams. The flag of Norway includes a heavy dose of the color red, cafepress seems to think that Norway uses bright pink on their flag. Would any self respecting Viking wear a shirt with a pink Norweigan flag? Terrible product, cheaply constructed and headed directly for the garbage. Never again. This company is trash.

louannk
9/8/15

We ordered 50 small magnets for our charity from Cafe Press. Not realizing the overall weight and shipping method, we reluctantly agreed to $57 shipping. When we got the small envelope with our 50 magnets we were horrified at the $57 shipping. It was sent via USPS standard mail, and the envelope was smaller than a standard USPS Flat Rate envelope. The total weight was 2.2 lbs. According to the USPS website, it cost Cafe Press to ship the envelope for $5.95. Where in the world do they get off charging $57 for shipping?? I called them, but they just claimed that we agreed to the shipping charge, so it stands. Their product was sub par, to boot. The corners of our logo was cut off on the magnet. What a joke company, that I will never use again.

danac38
9/4/15

I've had very good customer service with Cafepress but I found it odd that after I realized I ordered one of my posters in the wrong size, that they could not change the size!? I had to cancel the entire order and start over. The rep I spoke with was very nice but surely it isn't that difficult to change.

lucillef2
9/3/15

All I see is bad reviews. I was going to try this out as an artist.Not inclined now.

tomo31
9/3/15

They stated the wording on the license plate holder was a sticker not, I actual lettering. But what I got was thin, cheesy decal that was cut wrong, applied wrong & already bubbling off out of the box. They also sent me numerous follow up surveys that all crashed at 79%. STAY AWAY. Stuff that looks unique is is crap quality.

rajr9
8/19/15

I ordered two coasters as a gift to someone who was leaving the company. It takes 10 days to receive anything from this. They lie saying they are shipping by fedex but arrives by USPS. Horrible customer service. Irresponsible, cheating and lying to customers not to mentioned severely overpriced.

gabrielaw
8/8/15

I placed 2 orders with this company. These 2 orders where sent in 5 separate packages. One of which, after almost 3 months I never got and another which was the completely wrong item. I ordered two blood splatter duvet covers with just blood on them and I got one with huge writing in it which doesn’t suit at all the purpose for it. The other one I never got. I sent them a few emails after 2 months of not receiving my items with no response at all. The only response I got was after putting a claim via Paypal and my bank institution. They assured the items were sent but can’t provide proof of delivery, they don’t even acknowledge sending the wrong item and refuse any kind of refund. I offered photos of the wrong items and no response again. The total of both Duvet covers were $500. FIVE HUNDRED dollars I can’t afford to lose. Beware of Cafépress, they are the worst company I’ve ever dealt with and they are not willing to do the right things for their costumers. I'll surely never deal with them again and I encourage you to do the same

bobs166
7/25/15

Recently I ordered a pair of flip flops. It cost around $15 and shipping was $6. The date that I ordered them was July 8. As I said it cost $6 to get them to me by July 21. Still have not got them (today is 7/25). Like I told them "Hmm, one pair of flip flops, takes over two weeks to ship, over $6 in shipping costs. I’m sure I’ll be shopping here again." They were deeply sorry for this inconvenience so that is why they got 2 stars. The flip flops have been promised an Aug 5 delivery. We'll see. Oh they said I could keep the pair from the other order should it arrive. I'm sure mistakes happen but for six dollars they could have sent it first class mail(they use DHL which I suppose I could write another review).

mehriaq
7/19/15

I recently purchased two items that I personalized with designs for a holiday. I ordered a blue onsie and a pink Infant T-shirt that was sized 18-24 months for my niece. I had it shipped express so that tripled my cost. Come to find out the Infant T-shirt was so big that it just fell off of my niece who is size 1. It looks more like a toddler size than an Infant. The shirt was personalized for baby's first holiday which just past. It saddens me that I went through so much trouble paying for express shipping and my niece could not even wear it. This was my first and last purchase from this place. :(((

jenniferp63
7/5/15

I had two sales as an artist using Cafepress from 2008-2010 after 2010 they revamped the site and took my commissions telling me that they don't see any sales for me. I know I have the sales because on my items list it shows. After contacting customer support they don't appear to read my complaint very well and keep talking in circles about how they don't see any sales from 2010 - 2015....even though I specify my sales were from 2008 - 2010! Don't sell on this site! They are shady and have terrible customer service to artists AND customers!

judyt16
6/22/15

I am Very Happy Now! I was told I would get some cash back since there was some issues and I did.

db103
6/11/15

This is the second (and last) time I will order from this company. The first time, at Christmas, the package didn't arrive on time. Customer service did refund the shipping costs and I eventually got the items, but too late for Christmas. This time, I was told the estimated delivery date, and when the item didn't arrive, I called DHL (the shipping company). They hadn't even received the item yet and once they did it would take 8-10 business days to deliver. When I called Cafepress customer service, I was told I might still receive it by the end of the day. Really? Even though DHL didn't have it? The rep didn't know the difference between posting times on the DHL site and shipping times, and kept telling me she saw the package "moving". Scary.

georgeb99
6/2/15

I received a t-shirt for my birthday that a friend bought on line. He paid more for 2 day shipping than he did for the shirt so that I could wear it at my party. It came by US Postal Service Postal Select Lightweight Shipping, which has up to 9 days delivery. It came two days after the party.

This is an outright scam.

linliny
5/29/15

CafePress, I was really excited I got to customize something for a fun party, it was TWO items (0.20 lbs). I paid more for the expedited 2-day delivery and was guaranteed that it would arrive by the date that I needed. When I tracked my package, it said that estimated delivery was going to be 4 days AFTER my estimated delivery date. I called to find out why it was late and CafePress mentioned that the legal team took a long time to approve the designs I chose. I checked with FedEx and CafePress had shipped my order using SmartPost instead of the expedited delivery that I had chosen. SHADY and UNPROFESSIONAL. I'm extremely disappointed and will never use them again.

albertr24
5/26/15

It's all about world domination... and if you let them, the Corgis will take over. I bought this for my daughter who is being held hostage by one considerably smaller Cardigan. I'm confident she will like it. She'd better, if she knows what's good for her. The dog knows where she sleeps.

tracieh1
5/14/15

I purchased a car from this business and regretted it from day one. The car was over priced and had numerous problems immediately. Out of the 12 months I have had the car it has been on the road maybe two months. The rest of the time it has been in the shop or just sitting because it cannot be driven. I have spoken to him numerous times and have taken it to him to be fixed at his request and have paid him for work that was claimed to be done that was not. He is unethical, pushy, and breached my confidential information (told a friend my personal information and I knew the individual) Please avoid Economy Motors of Redding. you will be sorry if you purchase a used car from Rashid.

sued23
5/9/15

I ordered a hat with the insignia of my brothers ship. What junk and poor workmanship. Can't read ANY of the insignia!!!! Couldn't send it back because my brother is mentally ill and didn't tell me until much later. I see that they also have a restocking fee. Never never, never, will I order from them again.

bevd5
4/7/15

Duvets are thin and expensive, rugs are commercial grade flimsy cheap, shower curtains are blurry and pillows are not even full of fluff. Poor customer service on returns and they charge you a 20% restocking fee. A real rip off company. And you wonder why the CEO and president left last summer? Junk pure junk, flea market style.

miken54
4/1/15

ordered two hats trough radio armatures of Canada at fifteen dollars each , total plus freight 62.00 to send them across 4 provinces . and they are dollar store quality . never buy there again .

shelbyg7
3/10/15

I finally got a refund. A full refund but I had to go back thro all my statements chase what was paid for and what still hadn't been delivered after 3 months since payment and cafe press finally gave me a full refund with an apology. But it came in dribs and drabs Never again! Maybe they are really badly organised but it's a terrible service.

reginas12
3/6/15

I ordered the popcorn curtains the other day,the material was so thin snd sheer...you can hardly see the popcorn pattern because of how sheer it is!!!!! IM sooooooo disappointed!!!!!!! I paid $68 for them which was such a waste of money....I will not be ordering from them again ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The curtains shipped fast so i will give them a 4 star on that but as far as in quality ,,a 0.........

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!!!!!!

scotts104
3/4/15

I ordered a couple t-shirts and a trailer hitch cover. The shirts were iron on pattern (like you could do at home) and the trailer hitch turned a different color in 3 months. I contacted them to try and get a replacement hitch cover, they stated it was outside of 30 days so they would do nothing. Terrible products, terrible service. Will never order from them again.

Tip for consumers: Find a different retailer

earlet4
2/20/15

Cafepress is not doing its homework when it comes to military items. Example their shirts and hats show the USS Forrest Royal with ribbons, National Defense, Vietnam Service and Vietnam Campaign. The Forrest Royal was not awarded while in Vietnam the Vietnam Campaign as per Opnav 1650, while there the ship was awarded CR, MU, VS and RG.

jeffs89
2/17/15

The dog ID tag product is not worth the price and is over charging for the delivery fees. This is just a bad dot matrix print out that is glued to the surface of the metal tag itself. It will begin to lift and break apart in a few weeks of use with your pet. I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND USEING THIS COMPANY. YOU CAN GO TO PETCO AND GET BETTER…

Tip for consumers: Don't buy… ! for the price I paid for this product I did not receive good value for the money!!!!!!

lorraineg2
2/14/15

This is the first time I ordered from CafePress, and it will be my last. When an item says "In Stock," I expect it to be in stock. They sent an email that all my items had been shipped, then 2 days later sent another email that one item had not been shipped, and was "in production." I contacted Customer Service and received this brilliant reply from Khalid A.: "Thank you for contacting CafePress. I'll be happy to assist you. I checked and saw that your order is out of product and has been shipped." I don't need this frustration and will shop elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Shop elsewhere

victoriaa9
2/5/15

NEVER again will I buy anything from cafepress ! Where do I start ? ! I bought 3 seperate shirts in a row and they all arrived massively oversized- big enough to use as a table cloth ( I'm serious) the lengths were all normal, but up to 4 ppl can fit inside the width, plus the unique print was faded, had cracks & holes and u can see the shirt colour through the print & there was print press chemical stains on the back of one of the shirts & a huge big square stain on the front of another. I also designed a mousepad with my beloved rescue dogspics , their names & year. The part of their names were chopped off, the year was chopped out with a blob of ink on the corner & there are yellow lines all through the photos, loves hearts etc . They refunded one shirt & the mouse pad and promised a replacement of another shirt which I'm still waiting on. Now I get another shirt which is big enough to use as a car cover and they've ignored all my emails & pics. They kept promising me their Quality Control Officer will contact me as Ivé requested it for over a month several times, but she ignores me and seriously - DON'T BUY FROM THIS SITE! I asked them if a 5 year old is operating the print presses & how can they even pack & ship such faulty items ? Look below & seehow huge their shirts are compared to the same size shirt I ordered from another site & their HORRIBLE printing 'skills' !

Tip for consumers: Looks pretty in their ad pics, but when u receive it, it looks like it's been printed or handled by a 5 year old with butter fingers.

bobbieh9
1/23/15

Terrible shipping practices!!! I think they sent it by the slowest carrier they could find. My order was fine but geezzzz. I think carrier pigeon would have been faster.

Tip for consumers: My tip: Don't expect fast shipping and then be disappointed. You have been given a heads up on the sloooooooooooooooooooooooow shipping.

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CafePress staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question