US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

179 Reviews for BidCactus

Review Highlights

the average card sells for $2 to $3 dollars for a $50 card.

I got several gift cards for only a couple of bids each.

They have an indefinite ending time on their auctions.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

5/15/14

Everytime I logged in to BidCactus they had just a few auctions. Eventually they closed their doors and another penny auction site is honoring bids. Right now we have 3 bid players in the industry...HappyBidDay, Quibids and Beezid. They have all been around for over 4 years.

5/13/14

I won gift cards and have never received them. I had over 900 bids on my account and they are GONE. Now updating to some other site but none of my bids or my winnings transfered. They owe me gift cards and 900 bids.

2/19/14

Over two months and I havn't recieved over 6 items I paid in full for. I will be going to paypal with a complaint as well.

2/13/14

The Better Business Bureaus has just lowered it's rating on Bidcactus to " F" """Types of business that, in BBB experience, are believed to operate in violation of the law or materially misrepresent their products/services. Businesses that fall within this category will always get an F grade.""". Bidcactus owes me over $2000 in auction wins and unused bids, they have not shipped any of my wins and it's over 3 months now. Bidcactus is not answering there phone or e-mails; But they keep taking peoples money even today on there auction site.

2/12/14

Like others say this site is useless, only stuff to bid on is bids and gift certificates for restaurants, can't even delete account online, I won a 30 bid pack for 99 cents then figured out there ain't no more then 10 items to bid on and most were free bidding bid packs. Sent an email to have my account deleted and a refund if possible.

2/5/14

Just tried calling them about the wins I haven't received (nothing received except for bid packs since December) and got the after hours message. It is 11:30 AM EST which is well within their business hours too. Wonder how long it will be til they stop selling bids on their site. All I've seen are bids, headphones, restaurant.com cards, etc. I haven't received any if my gift cards or products. Not bidding here anymore.

I have been a BidCactus customer for about two years. The products and the way the site is run has changed substantially to the point where I am considering leaving the site/no longer doing business with this company. The site used to sell gift cards that were a reasonable value/high USEFUL value (gift cards worth $50 - $200 at times for places worth using them at). I used the site for about six months back in 2012 and didn't do half bad. I left the site in December after they started having significant delays in shipping my orders. It used to be back in the beginning you would win auctions and, like clockwork, they would be shipped the following week and it would take no more than two to three weeks to receive your order in most cases. Near the end of 2012 it got to the point where I won gift cards and it would take them two to three MONTHS to make good on my purchases.

After leaving the site, I returned a year later (left in December 2012 and returned almost exactly a year to the date in December 2013). The site has changed SUBSTANTIALLY. The company is selling bids left and right and gift cards worth maybe $10 - $100 TOPS which now come bundled with yet MORE bids. The price for bids has gone down with their "Free to Bid" auctions but now that they are selling nothing but bids the costs for the actual items they do sell have sky rocketed and the savings have gone down substantially.

As it stands right now (January 18, 2014) I am still waiting for the delivery of items I won as far back as mid-December which is when I returned to the site (I have not received a single item since the time I returned to their site). This goes for both physical items as well as the e-mail gift cards they are now selling that state they will be delivered in five business days. I have received nothing from them at all and my order statuses for every item states that it is still pending. The only items I HAVE received are... bids from the bid packs I purchased through their free to bid auctions as well as the bids that came bundled with the items I won.

Due to the excessive amount of bids that people have, I have seen many cases where two members go at it for an extended period of time and an item ends for MORE than the item is actually worth. It is mainly a contest of "who's got the most bids" around there lately and I am not pleased. I am starting to wonder if the company is slowly going out of business.

If anyone from BidCactus reads this, please reconsider the way you are conducting business as you are starting to have some VERY unsatisfied customers and are starting to lose some long time loyal customers such as myself. As I previously communicated to your customer service division, STOP SELLING SO MANY BIDS LEFT AND RIGHT AND FOCUS ON SELLING BETTER ITEMS SUCH AS THE ONES YOU USED TO SELL A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO!

2/3/14

I have not received gift cards I have won dating back as far as January 2013.
They owe me about $1500.00 worth.
Now they will not answer their phone or reply to e-mails.
I think they are on their way out of business and the owner is just grabbing whatever money he can get.

2/1/14

Do not give these people your money. If you win the auction, you will never receive your winnings. They are in the process of being bought out, or filing bankruptcy, although the site is still running and they will still take your money. I have been waiting almost a year to receive items won.

1/29/14

I got scammed from craigslist also. Was looking for a dryer. Anyhow I was gullable and joined. My 1st day on I won an aution for a Nintendo 3ds. After that I continually got into bid wars for bid packages by 2-3 people jacking prices of bid packs.
After 3 weeks of asking where my 3ds was and being told there is a disruption in supply, be patient, I sent letters demanding return of all funds. I was told basically to go diddle myself by bidcactus.com staff. I filed complaint with paypal and got every penny back. YOU HAVE TO FILE CLAIM FOR NOT RECIEVING ITEM ON EVERY PURCHASE!!!!!!! Bidcactus.com will not reply to paypal request for information and they will decide in your favor. I had my refund in 2 days after they failed to reply. I hope this helps and EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN BURNED GETS THEIR MONEY BACK. SHUT THESE CROOKS DOWN!!

1/28/14

I am so upset...I wish I had seen these reviews before I got caught up at bidcactus. I started out with my first experience with penny auctions in December at another site and didn't get my items as quickly as they stated so I did a search for the "best penny auction sites" and found a 3rd party review of sites which had bidcactus in the top 3 sites. So I tried it out and competition was good but not to tough so I stuck with it . What a mistake! The bids and discount coupons for purchasing bids I've won were credited immediately so I thought all was ok. I have won many items and gift cards but have not seen one!

I emailed them and they said someone from their shipping department would contact me shortly--nothing yet. I have tried to call several times but keep getting an answering machine that says I am calling at the wrong time of day even though I call during their normal business hours. I posted to their facebook page to ask them what was going on and they removed the post.

All of December and maybe the first week of Jan 2014, they had lots of gift cards at many different values and many high ticket items. But around the second week, they started just auctioning off mostly bids with one other item auction and three gift card/coupon auctions but the other items are all junk and the gift cards are the same three over and over again.

I am going to the BBB, Attorney General, PayPal, and Visa to see it I can recoup some of my loss.

What a scam!!!!! Whatever you do, don't waste your money! Ripoff!

1/17/14

Don't bother trying to contact these guys by phone when you haven't received your auction winnings after waiting two months. Apparently, 2pm on a Friday afternoon doesn't fall into their business hours of Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST.

1/8/14

I got the same response as everyone else. I inquired about an Xbox 360 for sale on Craigslist & this is the response I got gettin some one named James Dean:

"Someone just  bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just picked up 2 of these fromwww.productsforsell.com   and I resold them on here for some extra money.

The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then put in a bid. That's what I do and I win all the time.

Kind Regards

James Dean"

1/5/14

I also received this email after inquiring about a washer and dryer:

Someone just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just picked up 3 of these from www.productsforsell.com and I resold them on here for some extra money.

James Dean

I'm going to email Craigslist to let them know this is happening.

1/4/14

I received email rom someone while I was looking for something on craigslist telling me how they got it for cheap, I went to the website and registered my information and right after I received an email for $79 charge, I called to cancel but they refused and I checked other reviews they do the same and even if you bid and win you will never get the item you won. Its complete scam. I suggest if this happens to you go to ic3.gov and file a complain against them and I am sure they will go to jail once we have enough complains.

1/3/14

I just saw that someone got same exact e-mail I did when I responded to a Craigslist ad in the Bay Area about a washer. So, it is a way they draw you into the site, and use, not at all legit in terms of them actually having a washer.

"I just sold out this to someone, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just picked up 2 of these from www.productsforsell.com and I resold them on here for some extra money.

Kind Regards

1/1/14

I just received the same response for the exact same washer & dryer set in Fort Worth! WOW!!!!

Dear denise ,

I just sold out this to someone, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just picked up 4 of these from www.productsforsell.com and I resold them on here for some extra money.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad

12/31/13

Craiglist scam like the others from:

from <james.dean@datensafun.com> to me

12/27/13

Pretty sneaky way of charging your credit card $79.99 without clearly showing that
before hand. So...how do you get your initial money back if you want to cancel and have made no bids ? Any advice on this please !

12/20/13

Absolutely a bunch of crooks. Never receiving items. It says it takes 15 days to get to you and it's been over two months and still nothing and they don't know when they will get it. I have over 50 items to be shipped and they don't have one single item to me and have no idea when it will be yet they are still offering the same items of for auction right now. I have a Facebook page called bidcactus victims. Please visit so we can talk to each other about whether anybody is receiving items. I asked on their Facebook if anybody has received their items and they erased my comments. I did it two more times and they blocked me. They don't want us talking. Remember "bidcactus victims" on Facebook.

12/17/13

So I fell for the Craigslist thing too, and got routed through several emails to the same message: "Hello Someone just purchased, but I can tell you where I got it from." Any danger if I haven't bid on the site?

BTW, other names in the email tree, Tiha Anderson at tiha3570@gmail.com, the infamous Diana Cyrus (or Jean Paul Centore) at jeanpaulcentore@yahoo.com, pala at pala9573@gmail.com, and the original CL email, louishart378@gmail.com.

12/13/13

Receive the same email too...when I was looking into a stove posted on craigslist. The email it came from was not the email I sent it to...I replied per ad to rosesbury@gmail

Here is the CL ad which also had photos:
NEW
BRAND NAME: G.E.
$180
30" W 45" H 26" D
35 1/2" H FROM GROUND TO COOKING SURFACE
MODL# JB620GRBB
You may email me at rosesbury@gmail...........

Auto response to my CL inquiry:
James Dean <james.dean@pennycommandasap.com>

Hey (auto fill name),

I just sold out this to someone, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just picked up 3 of these from www.productforsell.com and I resold them on here for some extra money.

Regards

Sent from my iPod

12/13/13

I reveived the same email.
Hi there

Someone just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just got 3 of these from cactusretailer.com and I resold them on craigslist for some extra money.

The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then place your bid. That's what I do and I win most of the time.
Regards

12/12/13

I just received this email from Diana Cyrus <tripgiddens@yahoo.com> after inquiring about an iPad on CL. And note the same mistake "purched"

Hi A guy just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from. I just got 4 of these from here retailcacts.com and I resold them for some extra money. The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and win all the time.

12/2/13

I was checking out a deal on an iPhone and ran into this scam. I got the same format style of email and was suspicious. Note that scammers can take it a step further to hide the fact it is bidcactus and/or to track their "scam-ees" - I was told to go to retailbidday.com not bidcactus.com and (as a web consultant) I watched the URL activity and retailbidday.com immediately redirected to bidcactus.com. That was when I was pretty sure it was a scam (although that is not always true). BTW, I am sure there are a whole lot of other URLs that people have bought to propagate this scam so if you get a different URL like I did please share it.

Here is the content of the email sent to me after responding to the ad on Craigslist:

"Hi Someone just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from. I just got 4 of these from here retailbidday.com and I resold them for some extra money. The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and I win all the time."

Also note that they appear to be a sort or real penny auction site and somebody had mentioned they were rated B+ on the BBB website. I checked that out - they have a D+ rating and are not accredited with several unresolved complaints on file. The BBB rating report: http://www.bbb.org/connecticut/business-reviews/penny-auctions/bidcactus-in-westport-ct-87070255

BTW, I suggest if you run across one of these craigslist scams that you take the time to go back and FLAG the listing to have it removed. These postings are prohibited and you can just click the link at the top of the craigslist page where the post is located to have it flagged for removal.

11/27/13

Just received this email from seller on Craigslist...

"Someone just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just picked up 3 of these from http://www.bidforsell.com/ and I resold them on here for some extra money.
Robert Mugabe"
robert.mugabe@orientitnetwork.co.uk

11/27/13

The #1 issue is not how the lure you to the site, nor the cost of the bids. This #1 issue is all the reviews by winners who never receive their items. When you contact them, they make excuses and never give a ship date.

The #2 issue is the mental health of the customers. Why do they keep bidding and throwing money away when they don't receive a single gift card, jewelry item, or electronic? The only items they do send, on rare occasion, are the useless florida or mexico trips, or the valueless $50 e-cards where the only thing you can purchase with it is a cheap ice cream scoop you could have bought at the $1 store.

11/20/13

got this email after inquiring about a tv on craigslist..

Robert Mugabe
Sent from my iPod

started to sign up and decided to check the reviews.. now i see it's definitely a scam.

11/19/13

Its a scam. Just got this same email from another address.

annalisebadian@yahoo.com

Alsi, the site she told me was retailbidday.com

11/19/13

This is a fraud site. like others i also got a reply saying that they won in bidcactus and sold for higher price. i haven't seen any reviews about this site. i registered and won few auctions and paid the money, they didn't send the product, when i sent the mail they didn't even reply.. worst auction site

11/17/13

they are cacretailers.com on craigslist...johnhopper7010@gmail.com, auinto85@gmail.com, dina7826@gmail.com, zamessmith4@gmail.com,...paying people to lead people to their crap website!

11/11/13

Instead of just complaining here, notify paypal, mastercard, visa about their scam. Only way to hurt them is to attack their wallet.

10/27/13

E-Mail Scammers:
Diana Cyrus <poeschel_s@yahoo.com>
Diana Cyrus <johnsiecostain96@yahoo.com>

Hey A guy just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just got 4 of these from here pennybcactus.com and I resold them for some extra money.

Secondary e-mail...almost verbatim:

Hi A guy just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.

10/25/13

What a Scam! I emailed this "diana" for a galaxy s3, cus my phone broke and I got this:
Hey A guy just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.

10/24/13

found 3 tvs emailed the owner and got this back 3:00 am from all 3 owners.
Hello A guy just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from. I just got 4 of these from here retailcacts.com and I resold them for some extra money. The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and I win all the time.

10/23/13

My experience matches many of the others here.

I responded to an ad on Craigslist for a washer/dryer at a great price. I got a reply from Katy Taylor saying it was sold, but she gets them all the time from bidcactus.

I also wondered why someone on Craigslist would give away the site, but figured it couldn't hurt to look at it. However, it looks like you have to register to see what's up for auction - this seems like a strange for a legitimate auction to attract bidders. I found this site when I looked for reviews for bidcactus.com before registering.

After reading other reviews, I will not register (and certainly won't give them any financial information).

10/19/13

I received the exact email from Diana on Craigslist about a washer and dryer word for word here's the email I received from her
Hey A guy just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.

Diana
How do people like this get away with the sh**????

Veteran Reviewer
10/18/13

Beware many people rate this a scam site:

(100 mostly bad reviews)
-------------

( lots of reviews rated a 1 )

(more bad reviews)

10/18/13

I saw an ad in Craig's List for in iPhone 5, listed at $200!! There was no reply email registered with Craig's list and the seller had put her gmail ID and requested the people interested to contact manually through that. I received a reply from Diana Cyrus to my enquiry. Here's the reply, copied and pasted without changing a word: Hello A guy just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from. I just got 4 of these from here retailbidday.com and I resold them for some extra money. The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and I win all the time. All the best Diana Sent from my iPhone.
When I clicked on http://retailbidday.com/ link, it took me to bidcactus.com. Looking at the warnings everyone has posted here, the answer I received's off a template as it's identical to the reply others have received. The site retailbidday.com is also a redirected site that tells me since bidcactus is well known to be a scam, they are using a different new site name now. But because it takes a lot to set up an auction site they just simply have the new site redirecting to the old bidcactus. I've read the warnings about this site. I've also read the good feedback. My questions are: why is someone from this bidcactus and not a customer, posing as a buyer from bidcactus.com? Why the same identical reply to so many interested people if the reply is real? Bidcactus.com is obviously posing as a buyer of an item from bidcactus.com selling what she or he bought there in Craig's list. If the site is proper and good, why lie pose as a buyer in craigslist to gain customers? Why not advertise free in Craig's list and many other sites, like very many real vendors on the internet? Why use a template, create so many emails to do the posing as a buyer? Why not register properly on Craig's List with forwarding email address through Craig's list and bypass Craig's list so they can't be traced? Why does www.retailbidday.com forward to www.bidcactus.com which has so many bad reviews? So, I choose not to go to bidcactus.com and retailbidday.com and warn everyone I know about these sites everywhere. Thank you for this site, and thank you everyone for your feedback!!!

10/10/13

this site is a SCAM!! they have backend operators constantly jacking up the price and you run out of bids. They're simply taking up $10-15 from atleast a 100 people bidding on hot items and still nobody really gets the item!

10/8/13

Dam. Good thing this site pop up first. That $#*! Diana, have me fool. That $#*!ing Hoe. People read all the reviews, before you there.... That $#*! is crazy Craiglist should banned them for posting bogus $#*! like that....

10/8/13

No matter how many bids, or how long u hang in there it seems that you never win a big item (ipad for example) .
it just seems the site freezes at last bid then re load your password and item is sold, SCAM!!!! 4 times till this happened to me! can bid all day long (freezes) then bam soled!

10/3/13

I won several auctions but in over 2 months have yet to receive any of the physical items I won. I contacted them repeatedly. Some they say "you will get soon" (over 3 weeks ago), others they say, we haven't processed yet. Their stated policy says 15 days or less for delivery. It may be time to file a class action lawsuit against them.

10/1/13

I called about an Iphone 4s on craigslist and got the same response saying she had sold it and referred me to this site

9/25/13

Same email to me just now from Lottie Felgenhauer who also goes by Shantaallensworth2088@hotmail.com. It went like this: Hello, Someone just bought this from me, but it can tell you where I got these from. I just picked up 3 of these from cacretailer.com and I resold them on craigslist for some extra money. The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and I win most of the time. Regards
Same message as everyone else. Sounds like they pay someone to redirect you to their website from craigslist. I answered a craigslist ad for a Samsung Note 2.

9/17/13

I just tried to buy a nexus 4 from Craigslist. Thank you for this site to know that it's scam. Here is the email I got from Katy Taylor wainbyers@yahoo.com

Hi A guy just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just got 4 of these from here retailbidcacts.com and I resold them for some extra money.

Katy

9/11/13

Same as alot of the others above.. Of course I started the registration process but stopped when I saw the 79.00 bid in. Was looking for a macbook pro on CL & emailed the person.. Glad I stopped and took a look before sinking funds into a lost cause bait and switch.

Diana Cyrus <thiaaymie@yahoo.com>
8:20 PM (19 minutes ago)

Hello Someone just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.

9/8/13

BEWARE: It's a SCAM!
The email I received after I replied to a post on Craigslist seemed suspicious so I did some research. This is the email I was sent:
"Hello Someone just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from. I just got 4 of these from here cactusauction.com and I resold them for some extra money. The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and I win all the time.

Sent from my iPhone"

9/6/13

Same as everyone who reviewed here: that Katy.....
Before I decided to join, I paused and searched online, and found a lot of users had encountered the same scenario. Glad that I searched first and thanks to SITEJABBER!

9/5/13

Same thing with Katy. Email was Katy Taylor <jake.boyum@yahoo.com>

Katy

9/2/13

Got duped by this Scam while searching for a Washer Dryer set on Craigslist. Upon inquiry, this is what I received from Katy Taylor (derrickjulian713@yahoo.com)...

"Hey Someone just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.

Katy"

Upon "signing up," my credit card was charged $49.00 for bids. I never approved a purchase, but was charged after entering credit card information which was led to make the customer believe it was for a "on-file" purpose.

Here is my question: Has anyone attempted to dispute this charge with their credit card company? I think I am going to attempt that. Just curious if anyone else had and what the results were?

The Best Electronics Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber