US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

sarahc14

I tried for a week (no exageration) to place a large order. (in 23 reviews)

annar25

Their items, the layout, and the customer service representatives. (in 14 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

amberg15
10/19/14

Why does Belk charge a $9.50 delivery fee for one item being shipped standardly? This is a little high compared to most other sites.

glorias13
10/15/14

THEY NEVER HONOR THE COUPONS YOU GET WITH YOUR BILL OR IN THE EMAIL! EVERYTIME I TRY THEY HAVE SOME EXCUSE ON NOT BEING ABLE TO USE!!! EVEN THE ONE DAY PASS I GET IN MY BILL! A CLERK WENT AS FAR AS TELLING ME I WAS TRYING TO DOUBLE DIP BECAUSE AN ITEM WAS ALREADY ON SALE!!!! I GUESS I'LL STICK TO BEALL'S ALL THE COUPONS THEY SENT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO USE EVEN IF IT'S A CLEARANCE!!!!

augustap
10/13/14

I gave Belk Customer Service a call today and I was pleasantly surprised how quickly I got a hold of a 'real' person who spoke fluent English. The representative I spoke with was very polite and resolved my issue promptly. Overall, I am impressed with the service I recieved.

kimberlyp13
9/19/14

I'm not sure where all these bad reviews are coming from. But I have been a recent shopper of Belk. To be quite honest I live in LA, and have never heard of Belk. I ordered cosmetics from there site and ordered 6 different times within a span of 3 days. I received confirmation for all my orders and all orders were either shipped that day or next business day. I was only billed once for each order. This company ships fast and they only bill once. I really do like this site and would recommend this site to anyone looking to purchase cosmetics. BTW, with cosmetics there is no minimum for free shipping, that is why I was able to order 6 different times with no shipping costs. I did experience a bug, only once where in my shopping cart the checkout button was missing. But that was easily fixed, I just used a different browser. The issues was probably with my cookies in the same browser I used to place my other orders.

Other than that. This company ships fast and I did not experience getting ripped off. It sounds like impatient user error.

Tip for consumers: Please remember when you click on the purchase button, to just click once. It takes a few seconds for their system to register your order and process it. Great company and fast shipping!

rebeccaf9
9/1/14

Belks website would not let me even order. I couldn't even put in card number. So I too called and order. They charged me three times and said I was declined. This is why I shop at macys. First time at belk and they mess up my world. ( lancome) made me do it. So I call her back and she says there is no order it declined me, so why three charges. "Oh. It will drop off in 48hrs". Yeah right. She also said website not messed up. You need to use Google chrome. Really@!#/&&*(() £%÷×@$/.

madisonm22
8/30/14

Same thing happened to me @Erica complaint.
I will be calling corporate Tues,BBB & my bank tomorrow.Just got off the phone with customer service & they claim the hold should fall off. I shop online all the time,never had a company place a hold then charge you again as items ship. Meaning a $100 order has $200 being held.Not to mention coming from different warehouses.Companies charge up front or don't charge me until it actually ships.This was my 1st encounter & last with belk.com.I will be filing a claim with my bank if it doesn't come off.Then the order delivery date has the audacity to be 2 weeks.Site seems like a scam to me.

Tip for consumers: Do not shop at belk.com!!!

patricej1
8/13/14

website not working you can only look at one page when you try going to the second place it goes back to the main screen, have been that way for a couple of weeks 8/13/2014

lilliea6
6/28/14

Bought wedding gift and took it to customer service for gift wrapping. They were out of two of the four choices of paper. I waited 35 minutes for a wrap job I could have done better myself. The paper was wrapped around crooked making the stripes look weird. Then she folded the paper on the wide sides instead of the narrow ends making it look trashy. She did this pitiful attempt while answering and transferring calls, as well as, chatting with each and every employee who meandered back for a chat. I won't sit for this again!!

ericac5
6/12/14

I am soooooo disgusted with this company. Out of all my years of shopping online this is by far the worst experience ever. I placed an order on line that came to a total of $250, which was charged on my debit card. Then I was notified by email that my items will be shipped out in four different orders. Something told me to look at my banking statement only to find out the BELK CHARGED MY DEBIT CARD FIVE SEPERATE TIMES. THEY DOUBLE CHARGED ME!! They charged me the initial amount of $250 for my entire purchase, and then they charged me again for each order that shipped out. This is a total of $500 of my money that they got tied up in my account. Either you charge first and then ship out the items, or you charge as the items are shipped out individually. COMMON SENSE WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU DO NOT DO BOTH. This company is a scam. Customer service claim that they can not directly help you with the problem. It has to go to corporate and of course they don't have a contact number. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND anyone to take a chance with their money by shopping online with this company. They can not get another kibble from me.

spammerss
5/28/14

They just love to spam. Did I sign up to their website? Of course not. Have I ever been to their website or know who they are? Of course not. Yet I have 28 emails in my inbox about promotions. Grabbing peoples emails and bulk spamming them is not a way to attract customers.

jacquelinem4
5/1/14

i love it its awsomeeeeeeeeeeeee it got here right on time when they said it was going to be here and it looks way better than the picture totally recommended

marilyns10
3/23/14

Why does the Belk web site not show the local store availability of item and size you are interested in? Macy's, Nordstrom, Banana Republic etc do. I do not want to pay the delivery fee for an item that may be at my local Belk store. When I attempt to call the local store regarding an item I saw on line, I am always transferred to the wrong department or no one answers the phone. Customer service and communication needs much improvement.

elvirav
2/8/14

I noticed that people put negative review have only one review... Looks sketchy since many say they order all the time... So no other place gives them bad or good experience?!

Any way, ordered Guess boots, got 15% off for singing up for their email and shipping was free for orders over $99. The item came in new condition, as described! Would definitely order again.

PS I had problems while ordering in the begging because I found d a coupon code and when I put place an order it said there is a mistake, please review your order....So I called customer service and they said that the coupon that I found online is for customers that had bell credit card. Once I used a coupon for new customers that is not tied totheir credit card, the order went through fast and was shipped and delivered fast.

robinc24
2/6/14

Trying to place order. Says there is a problem and to see highlighted area. There is not a highlighted area and my credit card info is correct. Aggravating. I'm not calling.....no order from me. Looks like others have the same experience with this site.

gingerm1
1/19/14

I ordered a Free People dress in October(2013) that I wanted for an upcoming trip and event. I found it for $61 cheaper on Belk. I debated doing the regular shipping, or paying for the 2 day, since I needed it in 7 days, and I believe the site said expect 7-10 business days (please confirm that on your own, for your own orders!). I was definitely taking a risk, and realized I would have to go without the dress if it didn't arrive within those 7 days. Would have been sad and would have had to figure out another option when I arrived at my travel destination... Not the end of the world, but would have taken away time from my traveling, and would have been logistically tricky to get to some stores to find something appropriate to wear for this event. Well, I received my dress in the late afternoon of that 7th day... I had been holding my breath, and was shocked it actually came in time! I was SO thankful-- for the quick processing, delivery, and for the savings. Dress worked out perfectly. If it came in the 10 days, I would have been bummed and returned it, but would still order from Belk again for the prices, since the order was still delivered as promised(7-10 business days).

markc78
1/14/14

I tried four times to purchase online. I re-entered a credit card number I use every day for online purchases, and a debit card for my checking account. Each time the card was rejected, however a hold was placed on both accounts, for a total of $850. I called the store and they were able to place the order over the phone. They would not, however, remove the holds on my accounts.

I would have abandoned this order and store, but it was where my nephew registered for his wedding. If you need to order from them, do not use their web site, call on the phone.

samr34
1/13/14

Absolutely horrible experience! I placed a $100+ order for containers in December. Days later, I received the wrong items (different sizes than I had ordered). I called the company up to inform them that I received incorrect items. They arranged for FedEx to have the items picked up from my home and said the items I did order were in stock and I would receive those once the return was received. I received the replacement order only to find the same exact Incorrect order (yes, I double checked-these were not the items I had ordered). I called the company again to let them know that they made the same mistake twice. They said that I would receive a call from their warehouse to let me know if the items were in stock and I agreed to try this again. Well, a few days later I called them back and said I still haven't heard from anyone and asked if I could get these incorrect items picked up (They never sent the info to fedex to get this 2nd order picked up!). Person said I had to wait for the warehouse call. I called them again after I waited over a week with no phone call and they said that they no longer have the item (even though it shows they do on their site) and that they will issue a refund once they receive the incorrect items from FedEx. They said the request to Fedex just went out yesterday (Uhm, yesterday? I called 5 days ago to make sure the request was put in!). Needless to say I will never shop on this website again. Very unprofessional and bad follow-up with customers. How can you get an order wrong TWICE?! And then not call your customer to let them know that they don't have it and that they'd be getting a refund instead? I should not have had to call this company as many times as I did, they should have reached out to me and informed me of their mistakes and apologized. Bad business. It's been over a month from my original order and I never received my items or my refund. Don't bother shopping on this site.

joshp21
12/28/13

I was sent gifts for my wife and child through this website. The order contained five items, which arrived in four packages on three different days. Ridiculous.

Return process is far from the "easy returns" process they describe, especially if you lose one of the four packing slips. The return also goes back on the gift givers credit card: an additional hassle to explain why I didn't want the gift.

brianb81
12/24/13

numerous attempts to place an order were unsuccessful
I can't believe this company didn't fix their website after their Black Thursday debacle
but they obviously haven't
oh well
a couple hundred dollars goes to their competitors

susanb46
12/23/13

I placed an order at Belk online on 12/3/13 and my credit card was charged on 12/6/13. Today is 12/23/13 and I am still waiting. I have called 4 times and each time been assured my order will ship shortly, 2 times I was told it would be shipped with over night shipping. On 12/19/13I was told that it was being given high priority and today told that they were waiting to hear back from some office. Probably last time I will be ordering from Belk. This is the first time I have ever written a review od a company online.

josha18
12/21/13

This order was the first time I have used your company. Let me explain the situation:

1 - I placed the order online at between 7-8 am est on Wednesday 12/17.

2 - The order on Thursday was still showing as in process, so I called. I was informed at that time, don't worry, you will get a shipment notice by Friday morning.

3 - Friday morning came, I called, and informed them I still didn't have a shipment notice. They said not to worry, it would get shipped out by 1pm on Saturday and still arrive in time for Christmas.

4 - On Saturday morning, I checked, still in process. Saw the customer service wasn't open until 9am so waited.

5 - At almost 10am on Saturday, I was sent an email that my order was canceled because it was out of stock. This is over 3 day's (72 hours) after I placed the order. I did everything I think I could have possibly done, and the fact that I wasn't given any clue this item may be canceled is ridiculous. After the order was canceled, I checked the site and the item was still shown as in stock. They offered me 15% off next time I ordered, how insulting.

graceo9
12/9/13

I like the items on belk,the priced are okay unfortunately everytime I try to place an order they tell me they cannot process my card and then there will be a hold on my card. Whenever I call customer sewrvice am usually put on hold for about 10 mins. When I finally place the order after about 4days I receive an email that the items are out of stock. Placing a phone order is even worse I have to reas out the UPC numbers of all the items I want to buy with the sizes and colours. Who needs all that hassle. No, belk still has a long way to go on their checking out.

lorif11
12/4/13

BELKS THANKSGIVING BOOT SALE WAS A BUST
THEY HAD SEVERAL BOOTS ADVERTISED THAT WERE NOT SHOWN ONLINE AS PART OF THE SALE

THEY LET ME ORDER SENT A CONFIRMATION THEN CANCELLED MY ORDER DUE TO OUT OF STOCK WILL NOT SEND WHEN RESTOCKED WILL NOT OFFER SAME PRICE

unh23
12/1/13

Belk.com - FIND YOUR BIG BOY PANTS AND GET THEM ON! for a major retailer, your site is woefully unprepared for Black Friday. Slooooowww when it works, then dumps you to a cutie-pie message page about be "fashionably early" to get me back in site. Yet, 10 minutes later, I'm still waiting. Well, I wait no more... Belk is a great store - it needs a website to meet the need.

karene13
11/29/13

Spent a miserable night and morning trying to get the things online I needed. GOT NONE! Site would not respond. I would get one thing and the site would go down. Now all discounts and specials I wanted are gone. THANKS BELKS... no I know how the OBAMACARE website works. You must be using the same company to service your site.

at318
11/29/13

Slow and not user friendly when it is working. It is Black Friday and it isn't working at ALL! Nothing like being prepared for the busiest shopping day of the year. Corporate is too busy focusing on the next expensive glossy flyer to send to your mail box or the next tv ad than focusing on things that really matter. Get someone that works in IT to fix this problem.. . . and focus on what is more important.

robinm42
11/20/13

MY ONLINE EXPERIENCE WAS HANDLED SO UNPROFESSIONAL. I WAS TOLD BY CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT MY ITEMS WOULD ARRIVE BY FRIDAY SINCE I WAS LEAVING FOR MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND CELEBRATION ON SATURDAY ONLY TO DISCOVER MY ITEMS WOULD BE SHIPPED 4 DAYS LATER THAN PROMISED I LATER FOUND OUT REASON WHY ITEMS ARE COMING FROM THREE DIFFERENT WAREHOUSES. I WAS BILLED IMMEDIATELY FOR ITEMS. WHEN I CALLED TO ASK IF I COULD SPEED UP MY SHIPPING TOLD "NO" BY SUPERVISOR BOB ALTHOUGH I WAS LIED TO BY A REPRESENTATIVE WHEN I PLACED THE 200.00 ORDER. ASKED IF I COULD CANCEL MY ORDER, "NO" YOU GOT TO RECEIVE ALL ITEMS THEN TAKE THEM BACK TO A LOCAL STORE. IT SHOULD BE SOME KIND OF POLICY WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO SPEED UP THE PROCESS IF YOU NEED ITEMS SOONER. NEVER AGAIN....I AM STILL ENJOY MY BIRTHDAY BUT NEVER SHOP ON LINE AT BELKS AGAIN.

annar25
11/6/13

I love everything about belk.com. Their items, the layout, and the customer service representatives. The only gripe I could have is that sometimes the website bogs down, but it's close to their peak season, so I cannot blame them for that. :) I LOVE BELK AND WILL ORDER FROM THEM FOREVER!

sandram26
11/3/13

I ordered 8 place settings of Mikasa Dinnerware from a Belk's store. Got a good price with assurance that they would ship free and probably within a week. They charged my Credit Card. When I didn't get a confirming email and couldn't register to see my order, I started calling Customer Service. I was assured everything was OK and it would ship soon. By the 3rd call I was really upset and spent 1/2 hour on the phone. I was told this would be reviewed by Administration and they would get back to me within 48 hours. On Sunday morning I got an email saying due to "unforeseen circumstances" my order was being canceled....no explanation, no nothing. I checked my credit card and there was no charge. I don't know what kind of games they play at Belk's, but I will never play again. They just lost a customer for life....there are plenty of other stores to give my money to.....stores that appreciate their customers.

susanw33
9/27/13

As other customers have mentioned, the customer service and website leave a lot to be desired. I tried to place an order yesterday morning, but the website was malfunctioning. Finally, I got the order placed last night, but within 5 minutes I got 3 confirmations of the order with three different order numbers. The customer service department was closed, and since I didn't have an account, I couldn't cancel the order within the 1 hour window. This morning I talked to customer service twice. The first gentleman said they were still having computer issues, but he took down my information and the order numbers and was going to try to get 2 of the three cancelled. I didn't hear back from him. I finally called again and got an employee that tried to place the blame on me. Hey, I'm not in charge of the website!!! I spoke to her supervisor who was of no help. Bottom line: all three orders have been charged to my credit card and have shipped. Now, I will not get a refund until my daughter returns the 2 unwanted orders. This is crazy!!!! I get charged for merchandise that was ordered due to a glitch in their system. Yes, this is the last order I will ever place with this company. They must have so much business that taking care of customers is just not a priority any more. What a shame. I have been a life-long customer, but I will not be one again. So Long, Belk.

stephaniec18
7/23/13

I ordered a pair of shoes from this website on 7/19/2013. I received a confirmation email saying that it would take 4-7 days to deliver. I just logged on to their website today 7/24/2013 with the intention of tracking my order. I just found out they cancelled my order. I have not received a phone call or even an email from them indicating that they cancelled my order. They could be a scam and do false advertising. If I were you, DON'T BUY FROM THEM....

lindas36
6/28/13

I've been trying for several days to place an order. I can look at a page on the site, but when clicking on an item nothing happens. Pages won't load at all after the first one I'd like to place an order for items that aren't available in the store, but apparently that will not happen. Very annoying.

leslieq2
5/27/13

Belk's deals on shoes are OK, but I'm not a huge fan of their customer service.

criticalcustomerp
4/11/13

I have ordered so many times from Belk.com I could probably make my own Belk store. I have never had a problem with the site, customer service, returns, etc. Shipping is good as well as the packaging. I would recommend Belk to anyone.

sarahc14
7/14/11

I tried for a week (no exageration) to place a large order. There were so many website glitches that even the customer service folks I telephoned - several times - couldn't complete the order. The 15% promotional discount I was applying to the order for applying for a Belk card expired while trying to work out the bugs. I finally asked to talk to a supervisor; I explained all the problems I'd encountered placing the order, to include the Belk card promotion code, and asked them to help get the order placed. He promised he would, only to call and leave me a message that he couldn't do anything until my Belk card (that I hadn't even received) was authorized, then I could call back and place the order. I gave up.