US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

ATGStores.com reviews

•  Phone: 1.888.500.9541
Free shipping on all orders!
Buy Now
Review of ATGStores.com

ATGStores.com reviews

11410 N.E. 122nd Way, Suite 200
Kirkland, WA 98034, USA
Tel: 1.888.500.9541
Free shipping on all orders!
Buy Now

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mc6

Their sales customer service is great but if something is wrong, good luck. (in 44 reviews)

andrewm20

I received my credit card refund less than a week later-- you have to admit that is quicker than most vendors. (in 33 reviews)

davidf26

After about a week, I used their chat feature to find out the status of my order. (in 104 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

russellr11
4/16/15

I ordered 3 24" bar stools, simple enough. When I received the stools they were in 3 separate boxes. I took them into my garage and assembled them. When I took them in and placed them at the bar I found that they were 30" high instead of 24" high. I contacted the company and explained my problem and they did offer to return them and ship me out new ones. Now that would have me preparing them for return. Making myself available for a return delivery truck. Waiting on the new stools to be shipped. Assembling the new stools and disposing of all the trash. To save me all of this work I was offered a credit of $5 per stool. I still had to cut off the legs of three stools or take them to a cabinet shop to have them cut. What a lousy way to do business.

murialp
4/11/15

I ordered a Chest of Drawers, and I was not pleased with the quality. Needless to say, I was extremely upset because this was my 2nd purchase and neither was what I expected.

Nonetheless, I called the company and was given prompt, professional, and friendly service, which really took the bite and sting out of my disappointment in the piece of funiture.

I was told that I would receive a full refund and asked if I would be responsible for half of the return shipping cost, which I agreed to. I was sent a return label with the RMA# on it and instructions for the return. I called UPS and set a date for the pick up. I repackaged the item, making sure all parts were returned to the "original box" shipped in, along with the insturctions of how to put it together. I added packing bubbles to feel in empty spaces because I could not pack it exactly as it was originally, and I wanted to make sure pieces did not shift around and get damaged. I took pictures of every step and the box after I had sealed it, making sure every edge was taped securely and the return label was applied.

The package was received in the warehouse on 04/07/2015, and I called ATG and spoke with Diana H., who was just as friendly, professional, and prompt in her care of my concerns. She informed me that I would be receiving a total cost, minus $15 for shipping, and I should receive it in 2 - 3 business days. She informed me that she would make a note to keep track of it and if I had any more concerns to please call her back. At that time she gave me her personal extension where she could be reached at the company.

The service I received each time I called concerning the return of the Chest was handled with friendly, professional, and prompt service. Though, I was not pleased with the quality of the product, the service was top notch and A1. As grandpa use to say, "Everything was hundadory!!"

I also spoke with Anthony, one of the supervisor's, very pleasant and professional. Service is something that is lacking today. Therefore, when I receive excellent service, I feel the people who give it should be recommended and appreciated!!

I WILL DEFINITELY DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!!!!

patrickq
4/11/15

Very happy with my sofa as good as new took a bit longer than expected but delivery was over 100miles for £89 what do you expect. Saved over £650 very happy.

dhawanih
3/9/15

awsome!

morganw22
1/15/15

Wanna get ripped-off? Deal with ATG and you will. It's been over 45 days since I placed a purchase for 2000.00 and still haven't received the merch. It arrived once after a month, but was all damaged and therefore refused. Danger-Danger!!!
Don't mess with this organization. I called executive customer support at the parent-company, Lowes. Hopefully they can help me get my money refunded without a jerk-around from these losers. Buyer Beware!!! Truly not worthy of any stars.
I see Taryn W. is trying to work her magic on here as she does on Yelp. As a response to a very similar review I posted on Yelp, she tried to tell me that my experience wasn't typical of the majority of their customers. She must have thought that I didn't read the rest of the reviews, or she's a liar, or just ignorant. Regardless I explained to her that I saw her responses to negative reviews all over the page. She bowed out after that. She is one of many double-talkers in the ATG stable. BAD-BAD-BAD

Tip for consumers: Beware of ATG stores. I wish I'd have read the reviews before making a purchase.

ronalda16
1/2/15

Ordered item that took a month plus to receive. When received, item totally different than ordered. Then the fun started, took two weeks for return "RMA", still wating for refund.
Quality Control: 0
Customer Satisfaction: Below 0

I wish anyone good luck dealing with this company.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this website under any circumstance. Take my word for it.

howardr12
12/31/14

The worst customer service and return policy. Sent the wrong item and would not take it back. Had to file a Paypal claim.

Tip for consumers: Buy it on Amazon.

karenb93
12/31/14

MARCH 2015

ADDENDUM TO ORIGINAL REVIEW OF "BUYER BEWARE"

I was contacted by Marci of Customer Relations at ATG, shortly after I posted my review on this site. She was very understanding and helped me resolve this. She investigated my concerns about the safety of using a Halogen bulb in the fixture I purchased. She contacted me by phone and email several times a week to keep me updated on her "research." She found alternative bulbs that were safer to use in this lamp (but not as bright).

Since the "safer" bulbs would not produce the amount of light I needed, I opted for a refund. I could not repack the fixture for return, so ATG made arrangements with a nonprofit organization to pick up this lamp from my home.

I received a FULL REFUND.

I was VERY Pleased with the Customer Service I received. But, It is regretful that I had to publish a detailed negative review on this site to get ATG to take a 2nd look at my concerns. ATG needs a BETTER response team to follow up to complaints posted on their site. Their response team needs to be educated that telling a customer they have "buyer's remorse" is NOT an acceptable response to a consumer complaint!

I would purchase from this company again.

BUYER BEWARE!!!! BOUGHT $500 LAMP THAT IS DANGEROUS TO USE!!!

I was so disappointed with ATGstores.com lack of concern for consumer safety that I contacted the Consumer Product Safety Commission. This is a copy of the report filed:

I purchased a Halogen Torchiere Lamp: "Curvy Lady Too" from the Van Teal Manufacturer at ATGstores.com on November 29, 2014. The lamp did not come with an instruction manual or a bulb. In the description of the lamp on the ATGstores.com web site, it recommended a 250 W 120V Medium Base Bulb. I was not able to locate this bulb in my area (Dallas, TX), so I called the Van Teal Company directly and was instructed to purchase a Satco 250 W Halogen Bulb model # S3475 from Amazon.com.

This lamp is constructed with the Halogen bulb socket on top of the lamp, with a circular shaped acrylic shade positioned under the socket. There is NO protective covering for the bulb and the bulb is totally exposed on the top of the lamp.

The back of the Satco Model # S3475 Bulb packaging has a specific precautionary warning about the safety of the bulb. It states "Halogen bulbs operate at high temperature and pressure, and they could unexpectedly shatter. Use bulb in an 'enclosed fixture or with a 'protector' in front."

Due to the halogen bulb having no protective covering, this lamp is a fire hazard and a risk for causing bodily injury. The bulb packaging clearly warns that the bulb is capable of shattering and should only be used with a "protector." In my online research, I found information stating that all halogen torchiere lamps manufactured after 1998 were required by law to have a protective shield over the bulb.

I contacted ATGstores.com and told the Service Representative the safety issues. I told the representative that this lamp should not be sold and needs to be recalled. When I asked for a return authorization, I was told that I have "buyer's remorse" and would be responsible for the return shipping!!

This lamp is huge and was very impressive looking. However, a $500 lamp should not have these safety issues!! It also needed a better constructed dimmer switch! The one it came with was very cheaply made and did not fit with the $500 lamp!

The packaging was impossible to open without damaging the lamp box! There were 2 large cartons stapled together, with industrial staples, to accommodate the height of the lamp. The lamp box was in beat up shape and was stapled on the front and back to the outer 2 cartons with lots of industrial staples. The lamp was secured in the lamp box with styrofoam that shreaded into minute size pellets when the lamp was removed. Even the manner in which the lamp was packaged from the manufacturer was very cheaply done. It reminded me of how inexpensive merchandise is shipped directly from China!!

I explained to the ATGstores.com service rep that the shipping cartons and box the lamp came in were damaged and I was not sure how to repack the lamp. I was told ATGstores would send me information on what to do. I NEVER received this info! All I was offered was 1/2 off the return shipping cost!

This lamp weighs about 45 lbs. and ATGstores.com only paid $23 for shipping it to my home. I do not know how I will be able to return ship this for $23!

I am VERY disappointed with this company!!! I ordered this lamp in good faith and expected to receive a lamp that meet all current safety regulations. Had I known about these safety issues prior to purchase, I would not have bought it! I would like AGTstores.com to be responsible for the return of this lamp. I want them to arrange for this lamp to be picked up from my home, repacked by a professional and shipped, all at their expense. I do not think these requests are unreasonable since the lamp is not to code.

Tip for consumers: Find a better retailer!!

Addendum: If you have to contact customer service to resolve an issue, send a detailed EMAIL.

paulineb15
12/19/14

I had read most of the reviews that were mainly negative and that made me feel uneasy, as I had read them after ordering my sofa table and thought I'd have to go in circles if anything was wrong with it...but I had no need. Speaking with the person who took my order was friendly, I was informed by email about the order, approximate date of delivery more than twice. Many complained about the shipping boxes their item came in yet I found the shipping box to be very sturdy, secure and not banged up. Upon opening the box, I found the table to be in tact, no parts missing, all the screws, along with directions were in there. The table is very heavy, looks impressive and of good quality and design. I could find no faults.

discourageds
12/15/14

ATG sells broken material and will not stand behind their product. When you call them the act like your are stupid and it takes talking to the mfg to get anyone to understand that items were missing and broken. Even after pictures to ATG and the mfg contacting ATG, ATG sti made it impossible to return the items for a refund. ATG went thru all the motions to act like they were processing the return just to return the broken items to me claiming they could not accept the return bc the parts were not in the original plastic for the packaging material. Seriously? We didn't just change our mind and want an exchange we just wanted the original product we ordered. Not their incomplete and inadequate piece of crap. OK and by the way I've been a plumber for 40 years and I think I know when a faucet is incomplete. I started plumbing in Beverly Hills with high end products paying up to 1000 bucks a faucet. The sad thing is, is ATG could have also gotten a full credit by the mfg who agreed it was their error. BUT ATG is so lazy they refused to process the return. They got their money and trust me that's the last dime they we ever get from me or any of my 40 years worth of plumbing contractor buddies money.

barbaral32
11/15/14

I pretty much agree with the others. Lowe's should be ashamed of themselves. The product I received came in a million pieces and was hard to assemble, never did come together straight, had stickers all over the wood, and deep gashes. Could not return it, once it was out of the box it was not going back in. I sent pictures and they offered me a small refund to compensate for the damage. I wrote a review on their website and they DID NOT PUBLISH IT. I gave the product 3 stars, so the review was fair. I emailed as to why the review was not published and got no response. I am disgusted with merchants who only publish positive reviews.

Tip for consumers: Don't trust the reviews.

georgiab
11/14/14

Beware! Don't lose your money! We ordered a light fixture, it was paid for but never received. ATG said that FedEx had delivered the light and left it on our porch(was not there). After two months of going back and forth with ATG, getting a different customer service rep. who said they would do something and of couse never did; they said it was actually tough luck that we paid for a light we never received. They said we should file a police report for an stolen item for which there is no proof! It is unbelieveable that they take no responsibility, they are very flippant in their response!

ia140
11/13/14

This company does not deserve even one star. I purchased some rugs and a table set from them in November. Tables were delivered damaged. I called them on numerous occasions and every time they told me different things. At first they told me that they will pick up the tables. When I called them a week later they told me to donate the tables to Salvation Army and email them pictures and SA receipt. It’s been 2 months and I still did not receive a refund from ATG. I emailed them about my return, called them and I still do not have an answer. I saved all emails between me and ATG representatives and disputed my credit card charge through my credit card company. I think that ATG is a terrible and dishonest company. I am very disappointed. ATG SUCKS!!!

barbaras15
11/13/14

I BOUGHT LAMPS FROM LIGHTING UNIVERSE AND FOUND I WAS DOING BUSINESS WITH ATG STORES - DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. RETURN POLICY IS RIDICULOUS AND LEAVES YOU HANGING. WISH I HAD DONE THE HOMEWORK BEFORE SPENDING $400+. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

becap
11/13/14

Just incompetent staff from beginning to end not worth saving the little bit I did instead of using another store.

kayl22
11/7/14

This is THE worst website I have ever used. BUYER BEWARE!! I ordered two wall sconces from here. When they arrived, they looked nothing like the picture. I called and was provided with a return number and address and was advised to track the package when I send it back. I did so - via the USPS. According to the tracking number, the package arrived back at the manufacturer three weeks ago. However, the manufacturer apparently now cannot find my package because "it must have been sent to the front desk instead of the shipping/receiving area". I have called multiple times and have spoken to multiple people who have been extremely NASTY to me. I have asked to be connected to a manager and nobody will even give me the name of a manager. I have since called my credit card company and have stopped payment of that charge. When running into issues with this company, I recommend doing the same IMMEDIATELY as it appears you will NEVER get your money back otherwise.

vikcys
6/10/14

I had a merchandise credit that I wanted to use towards my new purchase of lights. I found a lower price at two different online and physical stores. They say they will price match it but they really don't want to. They tried to tell me that the free shipping that the other sites were offering was only until the end of the month. It was early in the month when I was placing my order with them. They wanted to charge me for shipping even though they offer free shipping themselves. Then they finally agreed to price match but told me I couldn't use my credit. I threatened to go to my charge card company to get a credit applied to my charge and then they called back and said they made a mistake I could get the price match and use my credit. Unfortunately they still billed my credit card for the full amount of my purchase and didn't apply the merchandise credit. I sent ATG several emails and called them but they never corrected the matter. I ended up disputed the charge with my charge card company and received the credit back from them. ATG has the worst customer service of any company I have ever done business with. They always have to check with someone before they can process an order or answer a question. Then they don't even do what they say they are going to do. Will never do business with them again! Good bye ATG stores and your terrible customer service. I will shop elsewhere.

dottyp
1/25/14

I didn't even complete an order. I order on-line all the time and luckily, I used PayPal to check out. Apparently, they are on a list of suspicious merchants so the transaction didn't go through. I have never had a problem with PayPal so I tried changing my name(maiden name on PP) and then changing to my maiden name on the purchase site. Red msg. You may wish to try another credit card....HA. The Customer Support # is 888-500-9541 which white pages says doesn't exist. Now I'm worried about identity fraud. Definitely shady and Thank Goodness for PayPal.

zm10
1/21/14

PLEASE DO NOT TRUST THIS SITE--- 90% of things I purchase are from online so I am aware of the procedure. ATG website was something that I had used for the first time, I had checked reviews on this and some were positive and A LOT were negative. I had placed an order for a TV console that supports 60in TV. The set I ordered was over 150 pounds. I was suppose to receive the delivery on Jan15 and today is Jan 21st and I have yet to receive it. I have been back and forth with ATG and CEVA which is the shipping company they use and I was told by CEVA there was no record of my TV stand, I was told that it may be have been lost….Are you kidding me how can you lose a 150 pound item. There system is really screwed up and I had to call several times for my refund and still have not received it. I had to dispute this charge through my credit card. Please DO NOT waste your money and time on this company.

simonk25
1/17/14

I ordered this Sofa on December 9th, 2013. It was supposed to be shipped on December 15th, 2013. On December 30th, I call ATG and they tell me the item is on backorder and won't be shipped out until January 15th, 2014. No one contacted me to tell me this. I figured I would wait since it wasn't that much longer. On January 17th, 2014 I call ATG to check on the status and they tell me it is on backorder again but now it won't be shipped till February 23, 2013. The rep doesn't offer any other options except cancel or wait. I had to cancel the order because I am not going to wait for several months to get a couch. The listing here still shows the couch is supposed to get shipped out on January 23rd. RIDICULOUS! This is the worst customer service I had ever experienced. Do yourself a favor and don't shop here!

melm18
12/31/13

Photo of light was deceiving. When I received it it had a cord and was not a fixture. When I called they said I would be charged a reshelving fee plus I had to pay postage. two weeks have gone by and I still have not received any credit. When I called the company they said they wanted proof that I shipped it. Now I have to did for a receipt from post office. This company is horrible and I can't believe Lowes would operate this way!

am2781
12/20/13

Absolutely appalling customer service. I have filed a complaint with Lowe's and will be filing a complaint with the BBB. I would direct your attention to yelp.com and the additional complaints that have conveniently not made it onto their website.
Purchased a light fixture from them and then cancelled the order. They shipped it anyways and refuse to take it back unless I cancel my credit card charge dispute and sign a legal affidavit taking full financial responsibility for the item that I do not want and have been trying to return. Verbal promises made to receive back the lighting fixture when I was on a conference call with my bank representative and the ATG customer care rep were then ignored once we were no longer on the phone with my bank. DO YOUR RESEARCH PRIOR TO USING THIS WEBSITE TO PURCHASE ANYTHING!!

colenas
12/18/13

DO NOT SHOP HERE. If any individual acted this way, they'd be in jail for fraud. Somehow, because it's a big company, they manage to get away with it.

My story begins two and a half years ago when I bought a rug on clearance from ATG. Because it was on clearance, it was not returnable. When a rug finally showed up at my door, weeks later than expected, it was the wrong rug. The description and item number on the rug's label and the description and item number on my order were different. The order could not be corrected, however, because it turned out that they didn't actually have the rug I ordered in stock so I suppose they figured they'd just ship me any old thing they had handy instead. Though they took the rug back and sent me shipping labels to do so (I had to fight for this), they would not refund my money citing the final clearance sale conditions. So they have held on to $235 of my money for two and a half years. I finally found something I wanted at ATG recently and went to try to use my credit and could not find it in my account. So I forwarded the email I got (had to insist on them sending to me) confirming my credit several years ago. This is after I spoke with multiple agents who confidently provided me with one incorrect answer or another. One told me my card had been refunded and that it would be my responsibility to confirm it by asking my bank for records since they had no evidence of the refund but couldn’t be bothered to provide me with any. Another told me I had been given a credit on my Amazon account. Neither of these answers was correct, but they appear to be trained to just say something and hope that you shut up. I am still waiting. DO NOT SHOP HERE. I intend to file a complaint with the better business bureau once I find out what they intend to do about finding my credit. Either way, they are irresponsible and disgusting.

ra5482
12/17/13

We purchased a dining room table and chairs set – the charge was posted on the credit card same day of the Internet order. We called a week later to get a status on the order because the shipping tracking number they (ATG) provided was invalid. They could never provide a clear answer as to where the merchandise was or when it would ship.
Two weeks later they said that the shipping company had the order, and gave us a direct number to contact the shipper. When we called the shipper, they advised us that they did not have our merchandise and we were not even in the system. Called ATG again and then they said that the manufacturer had the product picked up. However, another rep advised that the manufacturer did not have record of the order either.
We asked for cancellation and for ATG to credit back the purchase amount to the card. ATG's response was "Can you give us another 3 days to figure out what happened?" We demanded a cancellation of the order and I immediately contacted our credit card company and disputed the transaction.
We order products on the Internet often. This experience has been a complete joke and should be an embarrassment to ATG. But after reading all the reviews I can see that they have learned NOTHING from the feedback.

mattm53
12/11/13

Absolute worst company. They never notified me that my order was back ordered nor did they ever tell me that the shipping date was changed (3 times). Apparently they just hope you won't check. When I called to ask about how I could be sure it would ship on the next date they told me (with the most indifferent attitude) that I couldn't.

sherylb3
8/22/13

I placed an order July 27th for a tv console and was told it would ship out on Aug.5th. Here it is August 22nd and they have no idea where it is. No one has has the curiosity to call or email me regarding the status of my order, even though every time I call them someone is supposed to call me back. I am going to cancel my order tomorrow, just hope I don't have a problem with getting my refund. I wish I would have read all the reviews before I place my order, I will NEVER ORDER anything from them again!!!!!!!!!!!!1

catalinar
8/2/13

I purchased 47 knobs for cabinets. The last knobs were from the 50s. Within weeks the knobs were pulling off the bracket. I contacted ATG and they said the knobs were still on warranty. I now have 4 knobs that just pulled apart. I've heard nothing from ATG.

gwenk1
7/30/13

I recently bought patio furniture from ATG Stores and was told it would be delivered early July. I called mid july and was told it would be delayed by a few weeks and everything was going to be delivered by July 24th. After that date passed I called and was told it was delayed until September. This company completely misrepresented themselves. I have a large party that I need this furniture for. When I called them, they were rude and told me they would give me a $ 75.00 credit. I would not recommend doing business with this company. They were unwilling to help resolve this problem. They were not willing to be cooperative or creative in trying to get my furniture earlier or an alternative.

pa5592
7/16/13

Ordered a ceiling fan Saturday. I get an email on Monday that the product will ship the following Monday. I called and cancelled the order as soon as I received this email. I get a new email the following day stating that the product has shipped.
Now I have to return it at my expense. Never again!

henrys22
5/1/13

Originally ordered 3 lamps showing in stock, 24 hrs later I got an email stating I have to wait from 20 to 60 days for my order to be completed due items unavailable, immediately I called them to cancel order rep said on the phone everything is ok I would get a full refund within 24 hrs, called them back 4 days later due to no refund issued, no chat available, people rude on the phone they were trying to buy some time and make me responsible for some items said order was not canceled and I would have to pay shipping + restocking fees, cust rep hung up phone on my face when requested to speak with manager or supervisor, finally after a week got full refund on items that were offered without availability and the stress and humiliation of dealing with a couple of jerks over the phone, I don't recommend this sites and their affiliates READ ALL REVIEWS CAREFULLY!! before wasting your time and energy with shady practices

marks108
4/9/13

Allow me to begin by saying this is the first review I have ever posted on the internet about anything ever. I feel COMPELLED to share my experience with this site.

I ordered a safe from a site called knobsandhardware.com which was apparently a front for a site called atgstores.com. The safe I ordered was labelled "in stock-will ship [tomorrow]". Waited for a week, it still hadn't shipped, per FedEx site. I called ATG and they said it was shipping from the manufacturer and assured me that "FedEx is wrong, this item has shipped". Called FedEx, they assured me that there is literally no way that could be true because every item gets scanned before a FedEx employee takes possession of it.

So, I decided to contact the manufacturer. After all, it was shipping directly from them. The manufacturer said "we are back ordered on these, it won't ship for ~ a month".

Let's get one thing straight, I am in no "rush" to get this product. But I don't think it's too much to ask for a no-BS ship date or if the item is actually in stock (or for that matter, if it is shipping directly from the manufacturer). Furthermore, don't lie to me and explicitly tell me FedEx made an error and that I should expect my item the next day when that isn't at all true.

If you can, buy your item from a reputable retailer. I had been pretty lucky up until now occasionally rolling the dice on non-reputable retailers. This is the last time I will ever do that.

jeffreyk11
3/17/13

These guys suck
I ordered three handsets (door knob) they sent two and it took three months to get here wanted to return now I have to pay shipping back customer service made it sound like it was my fault for having three door and wanting matching hardware

avoid these clowns

davet18
2/15/13

Sent us the wrong items, slowed down our refunds, and would never call us back. Please do not use ATG for anything and allow anybody else to get duped into thinking they are a viable business.

brear1
1/26/13

This has been the worst online shopping experience I have ever had. I have never placed an order with ATG before & I will not ever again. My order was placed on Jan. 3 - I called and spoke with a rep to make sure the product was available & was told there were four in stock and to go ahead and place my order online. When I had not received any correspondence from the company, nor my product for over a week, I called. I was told they had e-mailed me to let me know the item was backordered and it must have gone to my spam folder, but the item would be shipping at the end of the week. Checked spam - no e-mail. I have been told my product would be shipping several times since my initial f/u call - the 17th, the 22nd & the 24th. On the 24th I contacted a rep through their online chat who told me, "It is expected to ship today, The tracking should be available later this evening or tomorrow morning." Heard that before!! I decided to try another rep later that day, still couldn't get a straight answer - so I asked to have a supervisor contact me. No call - just an e-mail saying, "not expected to be in now until the middle of February due to the Chinese New Year". What a terrible company! I have pushed back the installation of my vessel sink on more than one occasion waiting for this faucet - as I was told more than once it was expected to ship this day and that. My credit card was charge for a product they STILL can't tell when will be available with any certainty. Now I'm fighting to get my money back. Stay away from this company!!!

kerrys11
1/15/13

i just recently ordered patio furniture on 1/6/2012. Brand was Oxford Gardens (bench, two arm chairs and three end tables) Everything was delivered today in perfect condtion. I saved over $600.00 by ordering via ATG. Based on my experience i would definetly order again

sethc17
1/15/13

**WARNING**

This company does not honor returns, despite the website saying No Hassle Returns.

Horrible customer service. They seem to only be a middle man to other product manufacturers - and they will either blame the manufacturer or the customer for product and return issues. There is no accountability or understanding of basic customer support.

Don't be Bait & Switched! I wish there was a lower rating than one star.

If you look at their Facebook page and Yelp page, the same apology and escalation email is posted as a reply. I've escalated several times and the response was 'there is nothing we can do for you".

Simply posting a seemingly proactive reply on these social sites doesn't mean this company honors their pre-sell advertising, like No Hassle Returns. It's just another gimmick to make themselves look good. FAIL.

brandons21
1/7/13

I ordered a workbench from this company and the service was terrible. The workbench they sent had damaged parts, bent pieces and screws that didn't fit. I was able to put it together with my own parts, but followed up to discuss the situation with their customer service. First, the "live chat" person was super rude and said there was nothing they would do other than refund me my money if I shipped back the product. I informed her that I'd found the damaged parts half way through putting it together and had figured out how to complete assembly so sending it back was not an option. She said there was nothing they could do and that if I called they would tell me the same thing.

I called, and the person I spoke to on the phone asked me to send pictures of the damaged goods. I did this, and never heard back. I followed up, and was told they would process a 20% refund to my credit card. I was fine with this and moved on. Three weeks later the credit had not been processed. I followed up and was told that my refund had actually NOT BEEN APPROVED, after they told me it was. I told them that this was ridiculous and that I would not be ordering again and they seemed indifferent.

I will not order from here again.

iw12
11/9/12

I placed an order, since I noticed that their prices were much less expensive than anywhere else. I was excited also to see that they offered you a coupon code for your second order, to be emailed after your first order was placed. Awesome! It's been about a week since my order was placed, and I still haven't received the code. I tried doing a live chat with their representative and was told the following:

Michelle B: I dont know when those emails would go out

I was also told that Michelle B was, "Sure they will send them but [she] cant say that it will be any time soon."

I haven't even received my order yet and I'm frustrated! I guess their prices are low because they don't offer customer service on a level that is actually functional.

I'll make sure to update this review once I actually receive my order, since I have NO faith now that I'll receive the product I wanted in the condition I deserve.

josephl18
10/8/12

This is a company to avoid at all costs. They are liars, plain and simple. I had a table and chairs delivered 08/28, and the table was damaged. It took 7 weeks to get the return authorization for the chairs (which were never opened). During those 7 weeks I was told many things about their efforts to resolve the problem, each of which was then contradicted by the next customer service rep I dealt with. Only when my credit card company got involved and reversed the charge was I given the address to which the chairs could be returned (at my expense). The table is still sitting in my kitchen, and the company tells me they are waiting for a dispute with FedEx to be resolved. But FedEx told me they paid the claim 2 weeks ago (I do not believe the damage was done in transit). I can not get an honest answer from anybody in this company. And the quality of the table was far below what I'd expected from the description and the price.

matc3
9/14/12

Shipping is quick. However, they are making the return process so unpleasant.
I purchased a door knob a few weeks ago, when i got the item, it is slightly too big, so i return and get a smaller size one. Guess what, I need to pay 25% restocking fee and 8 dollars shipping.
I will NOT recommend this store unless you know exactly what item you wanna get.

christald
7/16/12

I order 3 quilted throws from this company. July 2,2012 they sent me an email stating the throws had been discontinued. Yet the same day they withdrew the funds from my account . I have called multiple times to be told at first I would be reimbursed within 72 hours then it was 24 hours, and several times they said immediately. I still have not been refunded. I can never talk to a supervisor or manager. I have been put on hold and disconnected after 18 minutes waiting on the phone. I guess this was a $300 lesson learned. Save your money and avoid this company.

deborahw10
7/12/12

They do not accept returns after 30 days even if the products are in the original unopened boxes. I ordered a doorbell chime that would not work with my bell configuration. I never opened the box. They would not even discuss a return or exchange. The agent ended the online chat before I finished typing. Don't order from them.

camd
6/14/12

Runaway! Negative stars if I could!

Ordered $3,000 bedroom set. Showed up in terrible condition. We called and got permission to return. The manufacturer is and was on the the No restocking fee list.

After three weeks and three phone calls inquiring about our refund no answer. Week 4 we get a return call saying we would get charged a 50% restocking fee and that our return was unauthorized. After multiple phone calls to over the following week to settle this dispute in a dignified manner they said they could settle for a 20% restocking fee despite the fact the return was authorized and the manufacturer was on their no restocking fee list.

Both my credit card company and lawyers were called. They are engaged and the transaction is not being charged interest but I still have not been reimbursed and it has been 8 weeks.

Add INSULT to injury. Using their website, I have tried now seven times to unsubscribe from their auto email they send out. Despite getting unsubscribe confirmation, I continue to get emails from them.

I'll be sure to repeat this review every day I get another email from them and every day I have to wait for my refund on every electronic site I can find.

fag2
6/13/12

I ordered a faucet by Kingston on atgstores.com first time due to No Hassle returns. I was confirmed they will provide me UPS shipping labels (less cost) and will be deducted from the refund, so I went ahead to order. After I realized this faucet is not right for me, I called to return. I called them every day for four days to ask for UPS shipping label and was told all the time it would take 48 hours each time I talked to them. I requested to speak to a manager and she told me it would take 5-7 days..I was frustrated and was confirmed I would be get fully refund even over 30 days period. It had been 10 days and I still didn't get the label. I called them today and they told me they don't generate label particular for this manufacturer. If I know I have to pay higher shipping costs, I would not purchase from this website..Hassle Free Return!! Wrong!! All operators working there don't know what they are doing. I hate this store...Now , I have to pay half of the price of the item to shipping, and not sure if I am going to receive fully refund. I think I am going to file complaint with BBB.org

josephm28
5/25/12

Absolutely horrible experience. I will NEVER order anything from this terrible company ever again and it is my hope that this company is shut down by the government for ripping off customers like they do. I ordered a bench about a month ago and all I've gotten from their "customer service" is the runaround. It's amazing to me that this company is still in business. Do they even deliver anything they promise of is this just some scam outfit? Isn't there a consumer affairs department that protects customers from con artists like this?

Very disappointed and I was ripped off but I just want to make sure that nobody else falls for the scam. ATG stores is a theft operation. Order from them and you'll waste your money.

jenm5
5/18/12

I had quite a few problems with this company and will definitely never order from them again! The first problem was that my item was backordered for a month, not a huge deal since at least I knew when it was coming.. But then when it was supposed to be delivered, I had to continuously call (over 10 times) asking where it was while they gave me the run around. I would speak with someone who claimed they would check with the shipper or manufacturere and call me back with an update. No one ever called back. I waited approx. 2 weeks for them to figure out where the shipment was, only to be told that they LOST it and it would take another few weeks to file a claim, and then send a replacement. I was told I could not get a refund since the product had already shipped. I was finally able to speak to a supervisor, after numerous requests, who agreed to process a cancellation since the replacement item had not left the manufacturer. This part was pretty quick, I received a refund within 2 days. The only problem with that was they took out the costs (about $75) for white glove delivery and shipping on the item that I never received.. Still working on getting that back. This company is TERRIBLE. Over 2 months of hassle and I end up losing out on $75.

joa282
5/16/12

If I could rate this company less than one star I would do...
There seems to be a common theme throughout all of the reviews, the item arrives damaged and then they just leave a trail of very unahppy customer with damaged goods over and over again. After 2 months I am still awaiting for the item to arrive in one piece, I ordered a light with glass shades, the intial order arrived 3 weeks after I placed the order( I was told it would be 5 days). It arrived damaged, one of the shades with a chip in it, I called and requested that they replace the shade only, it had taken so long for the light to arrive I didnt want to send the whole thing back. Three deliveries later I am still waiting for a shade to arrive that is not smashed in a million pieces. When you call no one cares, the staff are obviously so used to hearing the same thing day in day out that they just couldnt care less. I asked today for the CS directors name as I wanted to make a written complaint, they said they couldnt give out her full name...Nicholl was the only name they were willing to provide and said it must be done via email, they didnt really respond to letters in writing.....what !!!. I have never heard of any company refusing to give a directors name and not accepting letters of complaint.
I would advise anyone...never, ever, ever make a purchase from this company, they sell poor quality goods and when you make a complaint they just do not care....BUYER BEWARE , DO NOT BUY FROM ATG STORES !!!

jat6
4/30/12

I too have had the same experience with ATG Stores as many of the people here. There is no other way with words to describe this experience other than feeling as if one is in the "Twilight Zone". Every phone call I have attempted has left more questions than answers for me. This company walks a fine line of fraud, IMHO. I'm urging everyone on this board to please contact the Attorney General in the State of Washington, their own state, and to also render a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Also, if you use social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Yelp etc.... Please, please help spread the word in which the manner that this company conducts business. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarahc20
4/26/12

I ordered some drawer pulls from them that I need to return. Can't get an return authorization to save my life. The live chat people just drop you. The agents are rude when you call and then blame it on the manufacturer. Guess I am out $140

jeffb31
4/24/12

AVOID! I wish I had read reviews here before doing business with these scoundrels. Shipped me a product that was quite different in appearance than what was shown on their web site. Told me they'd send call tags for return shipping and arrange a refund. Did not do so. Did not respond to repeated emails. Phone rep then told me that they wouldn't honor the original refund offer. The web site says "No Hassle Returns" -- that's bull.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ATGStores.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I ordered a bathroom sink online in November 2010 for $848. On December 1, 2010 it was delivered by a shipper called Mana. When I opened the flimsy box it came in, it was severely damaged. I contacted ATG Stores that day at 888-404-2744 and spoke with Larry Lacaille. He gave me a claim #1177682 and his email address (llacaille@atgservices.com), and I emailed him 4 digital photographs of the damaged sink. I emailed Larry and telephoned ATG Stores several times after that and was told that the claim was still being processed and that it could take up to 30 days to resolve. Larry never responded to any of my emails. When I heard nothing back I challenged the charge through my credit card company Citibank. Citibank temporarily credited my account for the charge, but on February 7, 2011, I received a letter from Citibank indicating that it had contacted ATG Stores and was informed that they have no record of receiving the sink I returned, indicating that it had closed its investigation and reversed the credit. I responded to this letter that I had not yet received permission form ATG to return the sink and had it available for return. This morning, February 16, 2011, I again called ATG Stores and spoke with an agent who identified herself only as Rhonda. I gave her the claim number and told her about the letter from Citibank and asked for authorization to return the sink. She responded that is was out of ATG's hands because I had filed a dispute with Citibank and that it was now a matter between Citibank and me. I told her that was ridiculous and that ATG had made misrepresentaions to Citibank. She, like all of the prior agents I had spoken to, was extremely rude. She told me to calm down that there was nothing she could do. I asked for a supervisor and she said she was the only one there, and she ultimately hung up on me.

I have filed a complaint with both the Better Business Bureau (http://alaskaoregonwesternwashington.app.bbb.org/emailopt/form.html) and the State of Washington Attorney General's offfice (www.atg.wa.gov), and I encourage others who have been defrauded to do the samme. The following is the information for ATG Stores, aka lighting Universe:Business Name:

Allied Trade Group Inc.
11410 NE 122nd Way Ste 200
Kirkland, WA 98034-6927

Bus Phone: 425-814-2515
Bus Fax: 425-814-3875
Toll-Free:
Email:
Website: www.lightinguniverse.com

Name of Owner / Manager: Gary Rubens and Jennifer Rubens (She is the contact person and is either Mr. Rubens' wife or daughter)

The day after I filed my complaint with the Better Business Bureau, Jennifer Rubens responded as follows>

Cusotmer has filed a chargeback, in order to proceed further the customer must either reverse or resolve the chargeback.

Attached is a copy of the chargeback process from the return policy.
Please do not request a charge back from your credit card company during the return process. Due to the time it takes to resolve charge back disputes, it is usually better to be patient and wait for the return process to run its course. If a charge back has been submitted, we will not be able to credit you for your return until the charge back mediation process has been completed. This process can take up to 180 days

I responded to this today, 2/22/11, as follows:

ATG, which is owned by a businessman out of Kirkland, Washington, Gary Rubens, has apparently instructed his employees to engage in sharp and unscrupulous business practices with respect to returns. One of his employees, apparently on his instructions, lied to Citibank and he has apparently now instructed another employee to lie to you in the above response.

As indicated in my complaint, an employee of Mr. Rubens, Larry LaCalle, on December 1, 2010, told me that it would take up to 30 days to process my claim. That alone surprised me, as in all my previous experiences with retailers - both internet and over the counter - returns or exchanges were handled immediately. When it was not promptly processed, I challenged the charge with my credit card holder, Citibank. When Citibank contacted ATG Stores, another of Gary Rubens’ employees, apparently also on his instructions, lied to Citibank, advising Citibank that it had no record of receiving the merchandise that was returned, knowing full well that it was (allegedly) still processing the claim and had never authorized a return. As a result, on February 7, 2011, S. Larson from Customer Service at Citibank notified me by mail that Citibank had closed its investigation and reversed the credit. Why did the employee of ATG not simply tell Citibank the truth – if it was the truth – that it was still processing the claim?

Another employee of ATG has now responded, likely also on the instructions of Gary Rubens, that ATG ceased processing the claim when I filed the challenge, and will not proceed further until I “either reverse or resolve the chargeback,” exactly what Rhonda from ATG had told me our telephone conversation last Wednesday. I told Rhonda that Citibank had reversed it - which was the reason for my call – and she stated that ATG had not yet received notice of that. How can any resolution with Citibank logically occur unless ATG agrees to credit my card for the damaged sink? Citibank should not be on the hook for this. Also, suddenly the period for processing the claim has increased from 30 days to six months. I need to be patient, the response alleges.
As to returns, my family was in the retail business for 30 years, and I worked in their store in my youth. If someone returned damaged merchandise, we processed the return immediately, refunding the amount paid. In nearly every case we recovered our cost from the manufacturer. We, of course, did not recover our profit from the sale, but we retained a customer. We never in a million years would have thought of telling a customer that we needed to investigate the return and to come back in 30 days or 6 months while we thought about it. What kind of a responsible business does that? What kind of a responsible business takes 6 months to process a claim for refund?

ATG, if it were a responsible business, and Gary Rubens, if he were a responsible businessman, would not be instructing his employees to stonewall and lie to customers with legitimate returns - apparently in the hope that they will give up in frustration. He should be ashamed. Each of his employees should be ashamed they are working for such a man and instructed to lie and cheat. As I told Rhonda in our conversation before she told me to calm down and hang up on me, “I hope you can sleep at night.”

Thank you for responding so promplty to my complaint. Please excuse the length of this reply. I am a cranky 62 year old retired person with nothing better to do that wear out my word processor. I will not be cheated.

Incidentally, the item I ordered from ATG was a handicapped sink for my newly remodeled bathroom, which is has been designed as a wet room for easy access by the elderly and infirm.

The sink, had it arrived in one piece, would have been perfect. I was forced to replace it with one not nearly so nice.

3/1/11
Answer
tracya1
A: I'm really starting to wonder if this website is a SCAM? Everyone's complaints are about how they receive damaged goods but can't return it once they sign for it or get their money back like me. They ship out crap/damaged products on purpose and you sign for it not knowing it's damaged and their policy is you can't return it once you sign for it. ... See MoreMakes perfect sense! Plus they only have 5 people working on the phones b.c. when you call it's always the same people, no wonder there is no manager b.c. there really isn't one.
6/16/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the ATGStores.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

5 Photos for ATGStores.com