US Government's NSF

1st Review:
loreee

119 Reviews for ATGStores

Review Highlights

I purchased a $480 Bruck Lighting Systems lamp from ATG stores.

I don't even know how to begin to express my disgust with this company.

I immediately called the credit card company to dispute the charge.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

1/25/14

I didn't even complete an order. I order on-line all the time and luckily, I used PayPal to check out. Apparently, they are on a list of suspicious merchants so the transaction didn't go through. I have never had a problem with PayPal so I tried changing my name(maiden name on PP) and then changing to my maiden name on the purchase site. Red msg. You may wish to try another credit card....HA. The Customer Support # is 888-500-9541 which white pages says doesn't exist. Now I'm worried about identity fraud. Definitely shady and Thank Goodness for PayPal.

1/21/14

PLEASE DO NOT TRUST THIS SITE--- 90% of things I purchase are from online so I am aware of the procedure. ATG website was something that I had used for the first time, I had checked reviews on this and some were positive and A LOT were negative. I had placed an order for a TV console that supports 60in TV. The set I ordered was over 150 pounds. I was suppose to receive the delivery on Jan15 and today is Jan 21st and I have yet to receive it. I have been back and forth with ATG and CEVA which is the shipping company they use and I was told by CEVA there was no record of my TV stand, I was told that it may be have been lost….Are you kidding me how can you lose a 150 pound item. There system is really screwed up and I had to call several times for my refund and still have not received it. I had to dispute this charge through my credit card. Please DO NOT waste your money and time on this company.

1/17/14

I ordered this Sofa on December 9th, 2013. It was supposed to be shipped on December 15th, 2013. On December 30th, I call ATG and they tell me the item is on backorder and won't be shipped out until January 15th, 2014. No one contacted me to tell me this. I figured I would wait since it wasn't that much longer. On January 17th, 2014 I call ATG to check on the status and they tell me it is on backorder again but now it won't be shipped till February 23, 2013. The rep doesn't offer any other options except cancel or wait. I had to cancel the order because I am not going to wait for several months to get a couch. The listing here still shows the couch is supposed to get shipped out on January 23rd. RIDICULOUS! This is the worst customer service I had ever experienced. Do yourself a favor and don't shop here!

12/31/13

Photo of light was deceiving. When I received it it had a cord and was not a fixture. When I called they said I would be charged a reshelving fee plus I had to pay postage. two weeks have gone by and I still have not received any credit. When I called the company they said they wanted proof that I shipped it. Now I have to did for a receipt from post office. This company is horrible and I can't believe Lowes would operate this way!

12/20/13

Absolutely appalling customer service. I have filed a complaint with Lowe's and will be filing a complaint with the BBB. I would direct your attention to yelp.com and the additional complaints that have conveniently not made it onto their website.
Purchased a light fixture from them and then cancelled the order. They shipped it anyways and refuse to take it back unless I cancel my credit card charge dispute and sign a legal affidavit taking full financial responsibility for the item that I do not want and have been trying to return. Verbal promises made to receive back the lighting fixture when I was on a conference call with my bank representative and the ATG customer care rep were then ignored once we were no longer on the phone with my bank. DO YOUR RESEARCH PRIOR TO USING THIS WEBSITE TO PURCHASE ANYTHING!!

12/18/13

DO NOT SHOP HERE. If any individual acted this way, they'd be in jail for fraud. Somehow, because it's a big company, they manage to get away with it.

My story begins two and a half years ago when I bought a rug on clearance from ATG. Because it was on clearance, it was not returnable. When a rug finally showed up at my door, weeks later than expected, it was the wrong rug. The description and item number on the rug's label and the description and item number on my order were different. The order could not be corrected, however, because it turned out that they didn't actually have the rug I ordered in stock so I suppose they figured they'd just ship me any old thing they had handy instead. Though they took the rug back and sent me shipping labels to do so (I had to fight for this), they would not refund my money citing the final clearance sale conditions. So they have held on to $235 of my money for two and a half years. I finally found something I wanted at ATG recently and went to try to use my credit and could not find it in my account. So I forwarded the email I got (had to insist on them sending to me) confirming my credit several years ago. This is after I spoke with multiple agents who confidently provided me with one incorrect answer or another. One told me my card had been refunded and that it would be my responsibility to confirm it by asking my bank for records since they had no evidence of the refund but couldn’t be bothered to provide me with any. Another told me I had been given a credit on my Amazon account. Neither of these answers was correct, but they appear to be trained to just say something and hope that you shut up. I am still waiting. DO NOT SHOP HERE. I intend to file a complaint with the better business bureau once I find out what they intend to do about finding my credit. Either way, they are irresponsible and disgusting.

12/17/13

We purchased a dining room table and chairs set – the charge was posted on the credit card same day of the Internet order. We called a week later to get a status on the order because the shipping tracking number they (ATG) provided was invalid. They could never provide a clear answer as to where the merchandise was or when it would ship.
Two weeks later they said that the shipping company had the order, and gave us a direct number to contact the shipper. When we called the shipper, they advised us that they did not have our merchandise and we were not even in the system. Called ATG again and then they said that the manufacturer had the product picked up. However, another rep advised that the manufacturer did not have record of the order either.
We asked for cancellation and for ATG to credit back the purchase amount to the card. ATG's response was "Can you give us another 3 days to figure out what happened?" We demanded a cancellation of the order and I immediately contacted our credit card company and disputed the transaction.
We order products on the Internet often. This experience has been a complete joke and should be an embarrassment to ATG. But after reading all the reviews I can see that they have learned NOTHING from the feedback.

12/11/13

Absolute worst company. They never notified me that my order was back ordered nor did they ever tell me that the shipping date was changed (3 times). Apparently they just hope you won't check. When I called to ask about how I could be sure it would ship on the next date they told me (with the most indifferent attitude) that I couldn't.

8/22/13

I placed an order July 27th for a tv console and was told it would ship out on Aug.5th. Here it is August 22nd and they have no idea where it is. No one has has the curiosity to call or email me regarding the status of my order, even though every time I call them someone is supposed to call me back. I am going to cancel my order tomorrow, just hope I don't have a problem with getting my refund. I wish I would have read all the reviews before I place my order, I will NEVER ORDER anything from them again!!!!!!!!!!!!1

8/2/13

I purchased 47 knobs for cabinets. The last knobs were from the 50s. Within weeks the knobs were pulling off the bracket. I contacted ATG and they said the knobs were still on warranty. I now have 4 knobs that just pulled apart. I've heard nothing from ATG.

7/30/13

I recently bought patio furniture from ATG Stores and was told it would be delivered early July. I called mid july and was told it would be delayed by a few weeks and everything was going to be delivered by July 24th. After that date passed I called and was told it was delayed until September. This company completely misrepresented themselves. I have a large party that I need this furniture for. When I called them, they were rude and told me they would give me a $ 75.00 credit. I would not recommend doing business with this company. They were unwilling to help resolve this problem. They were not willing to be cooperative or creative in trying to get my furniture earlier or an alternative.

7/16/13

Ordered a ceiling fan Saturday. I get an email on Monday that the product will ship the following Monday. I called and cancelled the order as soon as I received this email. I get a new email the following day stating that the product has shipped.
Now I have to return it at my expense. Never again!

5/1/13

Originally ordered 3 lamps showing in stock, 24 hrs later I got an email stating I have to wait from 20 to 60 days for my order to be completed due items unavailable, immediately I called them to cancel order rep said on the phone everything is ok I would get a full refund within 24 hrs, called them back 4 days later due to no refund issued, no chat available, people rude on the phone they were trying to buy some time and make me responsible for some items said order was not canceled and I would have to pay shipping + restocking fees, cust rep hung up phone on my face when requested to speak with manager or supervisor, finally after a week got full refund on items that were offered without availability and the stress and humiliation of dealing with a couple of jerks over the phone, I don't recommend this sites and their affiliates READ ALL REVIEWS CAREFULLY!! before wasting your time and energy with shady practices

4/9/13

Allow me to begin by saying this is the first review I have ever posted on the internet about anything ever. I feel COMPELLED to share my experience with this site.

I ordered a safe from a site called knobsandhardware.com which was apparently a front for a site called atgstores.com. The safe I ordered was labelled "in stock-will ship [tomorrow]". Waited for a week, it still hadn't shipped, per FedEx site. I called ATG and they said it was shipping from the manufacturer and assured me that "FedEx is wrong, this item has shipped". Called FedEx, they assured me that there is literally no way that could be true because every item gets scanned before a FedEx employee takes possession of it.

So, I decided to contact the manufacturer. After all, it was shipping directly from them. The manufacturer said "we are back ordered on these, it won't ship for ~ a month".

Let's get one thing straight, I am in no "rush" to get this product. But I don't think it's too much to ask for a no-BS ship date or if the item is actually in stock (or for that matter, if it is shipping directly from the manufacturer). Furthermore, don't lie to me and explicitly tell me FedEx made an error and that I should expect my item the next day when that isn't at all true.

If you can, buy your item from a reputable retailer. I had been pretty lucky up until now occasionally rolling the dice on non-reputable retailers. This is the last time I will ever do that.

3/17/13

These guys suck
I ordered three handsets (door knob) they sent two and it took three months to get here wanted to return now I have to pay shipping back customer service made it sound like it was my fault for having three door and wanting matching hardware

avoid these clowns

2/15/13

Sent us the wrong items, slowed down our refunds, and would never call us back. Please do not use ATG for anything and allow anybody else to get duped into thinking they are a viable business.

1/26/13

This has been the worst online shopping experience I have ever had. I have never placed an order with ATG before & I will not ever again. My order was placed on Jan. 3 - I called and spoke with a rep to make sure the product was available & was told there were four in stock and to go ahead and place my order online. When I had not received any correspondence from the company, nor my product for over a week, I called. I was told they had e-mailed me to let me know the item was backordered and it must have gone to my spam folder, but the item would be shipping at the end of the week. Checked spam - no e-mail. I have been told my product would be shipping several times since my initial f/u call - the 17th, the 22nd & the 24th. On the 24th I contacted a rep through their online chat who told me, "It is expected to ship today, The tracking should be available later this evening or tomorrow morning." Heard that before!! I decided to try another rep later that day, still couldn't get a straight answer - so I asked to have a supervisor contact me. No call - just an e-mail saying, "not expected to be in now until the middle of February due to the Chinese New Year". What a terrible company! I have pushed back the installation of my vessel sink on more than one occasion waiting for this faucet - as I was told more than once it was expected to ship this day and that. My credit card was charge for a product they STILL can't tell when will be available with any certainty. Now I'm fighting to get my money back. Stay away from this company!!!

1/15/13

i just recently ordered patio furniture on 1/6/2012. Brand was Oxford Gardens (bench, two arm chairs and three end tables) Everything was delivered today in perfect condtion. I saved over $600.00 by ordering via ATG. Based on my experience i would definetly order again

1/15/13

**WARNING**

This company does not honor returns, despite the website saying No Hassle Returns.

Horrible customer service. They seem to only be a middle man to other product manufacturers - and they will either blame the manufacturer or the customer for product and return issues. There is no accountability or understanding of basic customer support.

Don't be Bait & Switched! I wish there was a lower rating than one star.

If you look at their Facebook page and Yelp page, the same apology and escalation email is posted as a reply. I've escalated several times and the response was 'there is nothing we can do for you".

Simply posting a seemingly proactive reply on these social sites doesn't mean this company honors their pre-sell advertising, like No Hassle Returns. It's just another gimmick to make themselves look good. FAIL.

1/7/13

I ordered a workbench from this company and the service was terrible. The workbench they sent had damaged parts, bent pieces and screws that didn't fit. I was able to put it together with my own parts, but followed up to discuss the situation with their customer service. First, the "live chat" person was super rude and said there was nothing they would do other than refund me my money if I shipped back the product. I informed her that I'd found the damaged parts half way through putting it together and had figured out how to complete assembly so sending it back was not an option. She said there was nothing they could do and that if I called they would tell me the same thing.

I called, and the person I spoke to on the phone asked me to send pictures of the damaged goods. I did this, and never heard back. I followed up, and was told they would process a 20% refund to my credit card. I was fine with this and moved on. Three weeks later the credit had not been processed. I followed up and was told that my refund had actually NOT BEEN APPROVED, after they told me it was. I told them that this was ridiculous and that I would not be ordering again and they seemed indifferent.

I will not order from here again.

11/9/12

I placed an order, since I noticed that their prices were much less expensive than anywhere else. I was excited also to see that they offered you a coupon code for your second order, to be emailed after your first order was placed. Awesome! It's been about a week since my order was placed, and I still haven't received the code. I tried doing a live chat with their representative and was told the following:

Michelle B: I dont know when those emails would go out

I was also told that Michelle B was, "Sure they will send them but [she] cant say that it will be any time soon."

I haven't even received my order yet and I'm frustrated! I guess their prices are low because they don't offer customer service on a level that is actually functional.

I'll make sure to update this review once I actually receive my order, since I have NO faith now that I'll receive the product I wanted in the condition I deserve.

10/8/12

This is a company to avoid at all costs. They are liars, plain and simple. I had a table and chairs delivered 08/28, and the table was damaged. It took 7 weeks to get the return authorization for the chairs (which were never opened). During those 7 weeks I was told many things about their efforts to resolve the problem, each of which was then contradicted by the next customer service rep I dealt with. Only when my credit card company got involved and reversed the charge was I given the address to which the chairs could be returned (at my expense). The table is still sitting in my kitchen, and the company tells me they are waiting for a dispute with FedEx to be resolved. But FedEx told me they paid the claim 2 weeks ago (I do not believe the damage was done in transit). I can not get an honest answer from anybody in this company. And the quality of the table was far below what I'd expected from the description and the price.

9/14/12

Shipping is quick. However, they are making the return process so unpleasant.
I purchased a door knob a few weeks ago, when i got the item, it is slightly too big, so i return and get a smaller size one. Guess what, I need to pay 25% restocking fee and 8 dollars shipping.
I will NOT recommend this store unless you know exactly what item you wanna get.

7/16/12

I order 3 quilted throws from this company. July 2,2012 they sent me an email stating the throws had been discontinued. Yet the same day they withdrew the funds from my account . I have called multiple times to be told at first I would be reimbursed within 72 hours then it was 24 hours, and several times they said immediately. I still have not been refunded. I can never talk to a supervisor or manager. I have been put on hold and disconnected after 18 minutes waiting on the phone. I guess this was a $300 lesson learned. Save your money and avoid this company.

7/12/12

They do not accept returns after 30 days even if the products are in the original unopened boxes. I ordered a doorbell chime that would not work with my bell configuration. I never opened the box. They would not even discuss a return or exchange. The agent ended the online chat before I finished typing. Don't order from them.

6/14/12

Runaway! Negative stars if I could!

Ordered $3,000 bedroom set. Showed up in terrible condition. We called and got permission to return. The manufacturer is and was on the the No restocking fee list.

After three weeks and three phone calls inquiring about our refund no answer. Week 4 we get a return call saying we would get charged a 50% restocking fee and that our return was unauthorized. After multiple phone calls to over the following week to settle this dispute in a dignified manner they said they could settle for a 20% restocking fee despite the fact the return was authorized and the manufacturer was on their no restocking fee list.

Both my credit card company and lawyers were called. They are engaged and the transaction is not being charged interest but I still have not been reimbursed and it has been 8 weeks.

Add INSULT to injury. Using their website, I have tried now seven times to unsubscribe from their auto email they send out. Despite getting unsubscribe confirmation, I continue to get emails from them.

I'll be sure to repeat this review every day I get another email from them and every day I have to wait for my refund on every electronic site I can find.

6/13/12

I ordered a faucet by Kingston on atgstores.com first time due to No Hassle returns. I was confirmed they will provide me UPS shipping labels (less cost) and will be deducted from the refund, so I went ahead to order. After I realized this faucet is not right for me, I called to return. I called them every day for four days to ask for UPS shipping label and was told all the time it would take 48 hours each time I talked to them. I requested to speak to a manager and she told me it would take 5-7 days..I was frustrated and was confirmed I would be get fully refund even over 30 days period. It had been 10 days and I still didn't get the label. I called them today and they told me they don't generate label particular for this manufacturer. If I know I have to pay higher shipping costs, I would not purchase from this website..Hassle Free Return!! Wrong!! All operators working there don't know what they are doing. I hate this store...Now , I have to pay half of the price of the item to shipping, and not sure if I am going to receive fully refund. I think I am going to file complaint with BBB.org

5/25/12

Absolutely horrible experience. I will NEVER order anything from this terrible company ever again and it is my hope that this company is shut down by the government for ripping off customers like they do. I ordered a bench about a month ago and all I've gotten from their "customer service" is the runaround. It's amazing to me that this company is still in business. Do they even deliver anything they promise of is this just some scam outfit? Isn't there a consumer affairs department that protects customers from con artists like this?

Very disappointed and I was ripped off but I just want to make sure that nobody else falls for the scam. ATG stores is a theft operation. Order from them and you'll waste your money.

5/18/12

I had quite a few problems with this company and will definitely never order from them again! The first problem was that my item was backordered for a month, not a huge deal since at least I knew when it was coming.. But then when it was supposed to be delivered, I had to continuously call (over 10 times) asking where it was while they gave me the run around. I would speak with someone who claimed they would check with the shipper or manufacturere and call me back with an update. No one ever called back. I waited approx. 2 weeks for them to figure out where the shipment was, only to be told that they LOST it and it would take another few weeks to file a claim, and then send a replacement. I was told I could not get a refund since the product had already shipped. I was finally able to speak to a supervisor, after numerous requests, who agreed to process a cancellation since the replacement item had not left the manufacturer. This part was pretty quick, I received a refund within 2 days. The only problem with that was they took out the costs (about $75) for white glove delivery and shipping on the item that I never received.. Still working on getting that back. This company is TERRIBLE. Over 2 months of hassle and I end up losing out on $75.

5/16/12

If I could rate this company less than one star I would do...
There seems to be a common theme throughout all of the reviews, the item arrives damaged and then they just leave a trail of very unahppy customer with damaged goods over and over again. After 2 months I am still awaiting for the item to arrive in one piece, I ordered a light with glass shades, the intial order arrived 3 weeks after I placed the order( I was told it would be 5 days). It arrived damaged, one of the shades with a chip in it, I called and requested that they replace the shade only, it had taken so long for the light to arrive I didnt want to send the whole thing back. Three deliveries later I am still waiting for a shade to arrive that is not smashed in a million pieces. When you call no one cares, the staff are obviously so used to hearing the same thing day in day out that they just couldnt care less. I asked today for the CS directors name as I wanted to make a written complaint, they said they couldnt give out her full name...Nicholl was the only name they were willing to provide and said it must be done via email, they didnt really respond to letters in writing.....what !!!. I have never heard of any company refusing to give a directors name and not accepting letters of complaint.
I would advise anyone...never, ever, ever make a purchase from this company, they sell poor quality goods and when you make a complaint they just do not care....BUYER BEWARE , DO NOT BUY FROM ATG STORES !!!

4/30/12

I too have had the same experience with ATG Stores as many of the people here. There is no other way with words to describe this experience other than feeling as if one is in the "Twilight Zone". Every phone call I have attempted has left more questions than answers for me. This company walks a fine line of fraud, IMHO. I'm urging everyone on this board to please contact the Attorney General in the State of Washington, their own state, and to also render a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Also, if you use social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Yelp etc.... Please, please help spread the word in which the manner that this company conducts business. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/26/12

I ordered some drawer pulls from them that I need to return. Can't get an return authorization to save my life. The live chat people just drop you. The agents are rude when you call and then blame it on the manufacturer. Guess I am out $140

4/24/12

AVOID! I wish I had read reviews here before doing business with these scoundrels. Shipped me a product that was quite different in appearance than what was shown on their web site. Told me they'd send call tags for return shipping and arrange a refund. Did not do so. Did not respond to repeated emails. Phone rep then told me that they wouldn't honor the original refund offer. The web site says "No Hassle Returns" -- that's bull.

4/19/12

Horrible. I ordered a sofa bench on Feb 22nd. They said it would ship out march 3rd. Come March 7th, I email them asking about my order. They said it would ship out in another 2 weeks. Okay I waited. 2 weeks later again same thing. I called the customer care and was very mad. They assured me that it would ship out in another 2 week. Guess what??? Time to ship and its another 2 weeks. 4 times before I cancelled my order. Stay away. Overstock.com is the best. I order something and it comes within 1-2 weeks!

4/11/12

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE - They are scam. I bought a table for 632$ and it arrived seriously damaged. I called customer service to get a new table / refund but they refused to do so stating that I damaged the table?!?!? Unacceptable!

2/17/12

Well, I guess I should have checked this site first before ordering. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN THE ITEM IN PERSON ELSEWHERE and are 100% SURE it is as described. Plenty of companies sell the same item and will take returns in orignal packing and condition. I ordered a bath tub that was described as 60". When it came, the back was so sloped a child could not bathe comfortably in this tub. No adult human could use this tub. Less than 30" bathing room. I cannot imagine why they make this. (Hydro systems, Deanna) It is still in original packing, never out of the box. As of now, company not returning calls. Would love to come back and post that they made a reasonable accomodation for me. Would be happy with a store credit. As of now, I cannot recommend dealing with this company or the manufacturer. The item is not as described, and at $1200, this is quite the learning experience.

2/16/12

After I had ordered a table from this company and received it damaged, I read these reviews and was very concerned about receiving any satisfactory resolution. However, my experience was quite pleasant. I contacted the company by phone and talked to a representative. She was quite courteous and gave me the option of returning the product and receiving a replacement or a refund. I opted for a refund. She said they would contact the manufacturer for return authorization and it would take 7-10 business days. On the 12th day I had heard nothing, and was thinking "Oh no, here we go with the run around". I e-mailed the person I had spoken to on the phone and within a few hours she responded with an apology and stated that I would receive my refund credited to my charge card within 1-3 days. I received e-mail confirmations of this and within 1 day I had my refund. I don't know if this represents a change in policy, but I found no problem with their service.

2/9/12

I ordered a teak table in October 2011. It arrived damaged. I went through the return process with the company and UPS picked up the table on November 2, 2011. I asked for a refund. I have still not received a refund, over three months later. The company keeps saying they are waiting on the shipping company to approve the claim. At first the company was very good with quick, albeit, useless responses. Now I don't hear from them. They owe me $511.20. I was interested in some of their other items, I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole now.

2/1/12

Terrible.

We ordered furniture from ATG Stores online (at atgstores.com ). Cost: $1,000+. Never again.

After paying for the item, waiting several weeks, and hearing nothing, I called them and sat on hold. They told me the shipping company had dropped the ball.

Some time later, the shipping company shows up with the item. They would not take it inside and upstairs, despite the fact that we had paid for that service on the ATG website. So we refused delivery.

We called ATG, sat on hold, they blamed the shippers, and said they'd fix it.

Shippers show up a week later. The item has structural cracks in several places. I take photos, and refuse delivery.

I call up ATG, sit on hold again. I tell them I'm sick of this, and ask for a refund. They say send us photos, which I do. Still no refund.

I call a week later, sit on hold. Ask what's up with the refund. They say I don't know, put me on hold while they supposedly contact the shipper. No response.

It's more than a week later, almost two months after we paid online for the item, and still no refund.

BE WARNED.

1/23/12

BEWARE! Horrible company, horrible customer customer service. PayPal should suspend doing business with them. Still waiting after 2 months for my refund...which by the way was significantly less than the money spent because of the "restocking fees" they cleverly hide when you order.

1/13/12

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING WITH THIS COMPANY PLEASE...MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN LIKE MANY OTHERS...SENT DAMAGED MERCHANDISE AND SENT PICS, EMAILS, PHONE CALLS, FOR 8 MONTHS. ALL WE WANT IS OUR REFUND. THEY HAVE MADE SO MANY PROMISES AND NONE HAVE COME TRUE. SO I FILED A CLAIM TONIGHT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, WHICH HAS HAD MORE THAN 300 CLAIMS LAST YEAR AGAINST ATG STORES. ATG STORES HAS A D- RATING. THEY SHOULD POST THAT RATING NOT "NO HASSLE RETURNS" THAT IS JUST A LIE. I SURE HOPE MR. RUBEN, THE CEO, CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING THAT THIS IS HOW HE TREATS HIS CUSTOMERS. SO MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN A NEGATIVE STAR EXPERIENCE. PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO ....DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY...I AM REALLY TRYING TO SAVE SOMEONE FROM THE EXPERIENCE MY FAMILY HAS HAD.

1/12/12

This is the worst company I have ever done business with. Ordered $670 worth of cabinet handles from them. The company could never give me a tracking number or any idea of when I would receive it. The merchandise arrived late, two weeks after I ordered it. The handles weren't right for me so I called to arrange a return. Got the biggest run-around I have ever experienced. It's taken 8 calls so far and no closer to getting my return arranged. ATG says that they will not process the return until the manufacturer authorizes it. This is despite ATG's advertised 'no hassle' return policy which my purchase clearly falls within. When I pressed ATG on why they would hold up my return based on their problems with the manufacturer, ATG rep told me that they are only a 'middle man', and that my return might not be accepted!! By the way, each call involves very very long hold times, obviously to make the customer want to give up, and I also was hung up on twice. I was also promised call backs many times but have not received one after two weeks of struggling. Disputing this now with my credit card. YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU DO BUSINESS WITH ATG. THE FOLLOWING COMPANIES ARE ALL ATG: LIGHTING UNIVERSE, FIXTURE UNIVERSE, OUTDOOR LIVING SHOWROOM, HOME FURNITURE SHOWROOM

12/21/11

Well, I'm not usually the black sheep, but I feel like I owe a decent review.
I ordered a $150 chair from the site after I saw it was sold out or fifty bucks more everywhere else. I ordered it, and it took six days before it actually shipped, but my card was charged immediately. However, it arrived within two days of that. Plus, the shipping was free, so eight days for free shipping is still nice, especially for such a large item. The time it took to ship out might be related to the fact that it was sold out on their site a few days before I ordered it.

The biggest problem I had was with the return policy. After reading it, some of it seemed stringent and ridiculous compared to other stores. Obviously, they're a dropshipper, so returns aren't easy for them to handle, but if they'd ordered the wrong item or there was shipping damage I didn't notice until opening, I would not be happy.

Overall, though, I'm very pleased with my purchase. I still can't find the chair cheaper anywhere else. If I had to go back in time, I'd definitely order this again, but if I was going to order anything else, I'd wait until they tweak their return policy.

12/20/11

This is truly the worst company I have ever dealt with. I ordered two items that required that both be used for installation. The items arrived after nearly two weeks with one missing a critical part for the installation. They said it would take a week to ten days to get another part at my expense! I cancelled the order. Weeks later I finally got their return authorization to return the items and they made me pay the shipping to send one of the items back and I was charged a restocking fee!!! This company does nothing but take your order and then order it from the manufacturer or distributor. They then blame all of their "policies" on the manufacturer. Pretty ridiculous that they sent me a defective item and I was charged a restocking fee and return shipping. Still do not have the credit applied to my credit card and American Express is working on it.Do not ever buy from this company.

12/19/11

Item color was misrepresented online. Before placing initial order, called ATG Stores and specifically asked about return policies. After placing order, never received an invoice. One month AFTER order, they emailed that item was BACK ORDERED. Two weeks later, they emailed shipping notification. Two weeks after that, FINALLY received item, only to see that color was not as online. Called and was told that return shipping would be $300-$400. Emailed company to dispute return fees based on misrepresentation of item color and return policies. Have been calling for two weeks, only to have matter unresolved. Customer reps do not give you full ordering/returning information, do not respond in timely matter, do not understand customers issues, refuse to resolve issues in an ethical way. I was also hung up on by customer rep, placed on hold for a long time just to reach a manager, was given attitude when finally speaking to manager. Unfortunate situation could have been prevented if company was honest about return policy when asked. After my own experience and reading bad reviews on this site, I would advise EVERYONE against ordering from this company. They will give you the runaround as others have said and call it "BUYERS REMORSE."

12/6/11

Well I took the route of e-mailing Taryn W. BEFORE I decided to post on this website to give atgstores the benefit of the doubt. Since it's been a week and she hasn't e-mailed me back I guess it's time to go here.

I echo the stories of everyone here. This company is AWFUL and really needs to be out of business. I am so grateful that my purchase was less than $50 and not like these people on here who are out in the thousands to this company.

I ordered 2 pairs of curtains from their website that were really cool looking and were in a "swiggle" pattern (I guess that is squiggle.) They took my 46 bucks and I subsequently received 2 very plain black curtains that looked nothing at all like what was on the website and, to boot, the invoice from "Beacon Looms" the manufacturer showed that the curtains were actually $13 each so I'd been charged double the price.

I promptly contacted atgstores and was told that I would get a return label and I asked the representative to contact the manufacturer first to make sure the curtains I wanted existed. Before I had returned the curtains I was sent 2 more sets of curtains that were the same wrong curtains!!! So now I have 4 pairs of curtains I don't want.

I took the advice of a poster on here and contacted the manufacturer at Beacon Looms directly. The woman there, Esther DeSalvo, was EXTREMELY HELPFUL to me, responding the same day to me and stating that she contacted atg stores and told them that the fabric swatch they had on the website was not representative of their product. As of this writing it has been a month and half since Esther told them this and the wrong item is still up. Esther kindly e-mailed me a PREPAID return label for all 4 pairs of the curtains and said that, once Beacon Looms had received the return, she would contact atg stores and tell them to give me a refund. So Esther contacted them and she told them there was a "problem with their system." She contacted them a few weeks later at my request and then told me that everything was straightened out and my money would be refunded.

Now this is the part that kills me. I waited about a week and didn't get my refund so I contacted them on the chat feature. The person there said that there was a "credit memo" on the file and she would have to e-mail her customer service manager so they could issue a refund. She also said that, there was no credit memo for the other order (of course there is only one order, I was just sent two packages) so she would have to look into that and get back to me. That was 2 weeks ago, no refund, no response to my e-mail to Taryn W, no getting back to me. I think that I have been very patient and given this company the benefit of the doubt before posting this review. Just shows, doesn't matter how large or small your item, this company doesn't give a crap about its customers and needs to be SHUT DOWN!!!

11/5/11

Absolute nightmare! Dont EVER buy from this company! I ordered a rug for my daughter's bedroom. It arrived poorly packaged, absolutely filthy and badly woven. The rug was so dirty, I was hesitant to unroll it. When I called to ask about return procedures, they told me I would first have to send pictures and then the manufacturer would decide if I could receive a refund. What? That's not what the website says at all. The online chat employee was inexperienced, didn't remotely understand their policies or procedures, at one point "left" our chat for five minutes . . . . . I phoned and got another responsible employee who said I could return the rug. I'll see if the paperwork arrives. The online chat empoyee eventually came to the phone and apologized. She was really sweet in person, but the ordeal of even starting the paperwork took 1/2 hour! Yikes! I'll post again if the return form shows up and I get my refund. I'll definitely call Mastercard. Don't ever buy from this website!

11/5/11

Purchased a wine rack. The online store had trouble sending a copy of the invoice to me. My credit card was charged immediately. After about a week, I used their chat feature to find out the status of my order. The CSR stated that the product would be shipped the next day and that a shipping email would be sent to me.

Never received an email, but a week later, the wine rack showed up. Product was fine, as described. Very pleased as this was the lowest price, in stock I could find for a 100+ bottle wine rack.

9/4/11

Do not order anything from this company. The products are cheap and often broken and don't even think about trying to get a refund, because you will wait for ever. I can't wait for the day when I read that this company has gone bust!

9/2/11

I contacted their customer support after waiting for 3 weeks. I was told that 3 pairs of Aerosoles shoes that I ordered were discontinued, and money will be returned to me - just what everyone else here seems to be told. The same old story - money charged right away for goods that are not in stock and not even expected to be in stock.

About ATGStores