US Government's NSF

AnotherFriend reviews

29 Reviews for AnotherFriend

▼ Sort by: recent

8/10/14

A site whose whole purpose is to get you to part with as much money as possible using devious and unscrupulous methods, I was one of those unfortunates who became a paid member but when I realised the “fine women” that were contacting me were but fictional characters developed by the staff of Anotherfriend I reverted to standard membership because what was said is true there is some genuine members there and I enjoy the banter but I would advise against giving a company that lies and deceives money.

7/4/14

agree with everyone here,what they say, ive been getting loads of so called messages,flirts and other rubbish when I go to have a look at the sender it says
"this user is no longer a member or has de-activated their account"

but im sure there are decent people on it
but trying to sort the wheat from the chaff is near impossible CRAP!!!

7/1/14

PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER TO WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON JOINING THIS "SUPPOSEDLY" DATING SITE. I FOUND IT TO HAVE MANY SCAMMERS AND SADLY TOO MANY PROFILES WHO ARE NOT HONEST ABOUT THEIR RELATIONSHIP STATUS. THE PROFILE MAY SAY LOOKING FOR LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP OR MARRIAGE, BUT THEN YOU SOON DISCOVER THIS PERSON IS LIVING WITH SOMEONE (AND NO IT'S NOT THEIR MOTHER, SISTER OR ROOMATE!!) ALSO. THIS SITE WILL SUDDENLY DO A LOCK OUT FOR NO APPARENET REASON , HOWEVER IF YOU ARE WILLING TO UPGRADE TO A PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP USING A CREDIT CARD THIS ONLY MAKES YOUR SITUATION WORSE AS WHEN IT GETS TIME TO RENEW THEN YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL BE BILLED AGAIN AND (AS I HAVE READ OTHER REVIEWS) THIS CAN TRULY BECOME A NIGHTMARE. IT'S A BUYER BEWARE SITUATION AT THE VERY MOST AND THEN OF COURSE ,YOURSELF COULD ALSO END UP BEING USED FOR ONLY A SEXUAL ENCOUNTER WITH A NO STRINGS ATTACHED. SITUATION. THANK-YOU....

6/14/14

the sole purpose of this woeful site is to part you from your purse! STANDARD MEMBERSHIP? Utter crap! I would join their so called dating service, pay their fees, but first I would 'ROAD TEST' their service. Crass commercialism inviting the unwary with 'pig in a poke' come-ons.

Avoid Another Fraud [AF]

5/21/14

Definitely a dirty site but unfortunately used by a few decent inexperienced people. DO NOT TAKE THE ADVICE AND GO OFF SITE! GIVE NO-ONE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS!!! BE WARNED!!
Its a site which is absolutely disgusting in its adverts, unregulated use by trolls/pirates/unscrupulous people. The problem with this is that decent, vulnerable, innocent people who have paid for safe site use, are being abused and, possibly defrauded, by the "users" and, unfortunately, given the lack of grammatical knowledge now, these "users" can con people on the site. Don't get me started. I have reported this site within days of subscribing, but the Information Commissioners in the RoI don't seem to be too interested.

4/8/14

What a disaster, this website is corruption personified. It boasts of having thousands of members but from my experience, most of these are fake as there is no limit to the amount of profiles one could have. I got caught in a scam on this site, I stupidly gave in to ' a widows' request to share my email address and phone number only to be plagued by scam texts and emails looking for money from lots of 'widows'. I complained to Anotherfriend and got no satisfaction, they emailed to say they were aware of a scam but felt they had dealt with it in a timely manner. They literally don't care what people use the site for once they pay up and it certainly doesn't help when they hide behind computer screens as it is not possible to speak to anyone. It is by far the best kept secret of internet corruption in Ireland. They rope you in by offering you discounted membership but "overlook" to let you know that they will continue to take money out of your account once they have you credit card details. And BEWARE to those who go on the site from their mobile phones - I know of someone who was a standard (had cancelled her subscription) member but had been a premium member in the past and when she zoomed in on an item on the home page of her account, a window appeared "thanking her for upgrading her membership". It was not her intention to become a premium member but because of the poor site lay out she tapped on the upgrade function which is incredibly close to the inbox (I wonder why) and because they had stored her credit card details from previous, she was caught to pay again. OMG, keep away from the site, it's atrociously corrupt.

1/9/14

Dreadful site. Even following terms & conditions they continue to take money out of your bank account. The support team are abrupt and very unsupportive.

12/6/13

not very happy, kept adding pressure to gain more money, cannot give details without extra payment!!

7/20/13

Agree wholeheartly with the tirade of bad reviews. It really is a grubby little site with absolutely no concern about people meeting anyone they might have something in common with. The various characteristics your asked for are superficial and the search function is useless as a result.
I use external search engnes to search the profiles for key words. But it is really dissapointing how few people have pride enough in themselves to actually put anything unique about themselves.
The message boards are beyond trite and inhabitated by people who really should learn to control the impulse to fire off replies to everything. It is not uncommon to see every thread replied to by the same individual.
The site generates several hundred blank profiles every day. Obviously someone in AF is sitting with a large dictonary and pulling differnet words.So take the "boast" of the site as having a large membership with a grain of sand.

The repeat billing is a pain as is the spam.

The message blast function on the site is really really bad. It allows someone to send a message to hundreds of profiles at one time. It really is an offensive item.

Overall the site is a complete travesty, it shows not a single ounce of humanity. It seems to believe that relationships are little more than commodities which it is there to exploit. There is no feeling that this is anything but a crass business with zero interest in the actual people on the site.

I'm posting here because any comments like this are instantly censored on AF

7/11/13

DON'T GO ANYWHERE THIS WEBSITE !!
THEY MISUSE YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS.
VAST MAJORITY OF PROFILES ARE FALSE !
IF YOU MENTION THE NAME OF THE PLACE YOU WENT ON HOLIDAYS IN AN EMAIL TO ANOTHER MEMBER YOU GET SUSPENDED !!!
THE OWNER - GRAINE BARRY IS JUST A MONEY GRABBING MANIAC WITH NO INTEREST IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL !!!

2/13/13

Terrible site, designed in such a way that it's very easy to upgrade to a paid member, but much harder to deactivate your account. As another reviewer said, deactivating and cancelling are different things as far as Another Friend is concerned and they will continue to bill you even with a deactivated account! Absolute scammers.

1/29/13

all i can say is STAY AWAY !
They suspended my account too. scam site. greedy money makers. ADVERTISING AS A FREE DATING SITE AND THEN SUSPENDING AND ASKING TO UPGARDE FOR 25 E A MONTH. idiots. they block your account without any notification so u would not have any access to any of your stuff. THIEVES !
I have to wait for few days now, until they will activate my account again. and if im so lucky and they do so, im so going to deactivate /cancel/ delete everything. the bastards still have all my photos and personal data. dont know what to do :((((( why didnt i read the reviews before ... ahh silly me

12/8/12

I joined up, 'upgrade to premium' is everywhere but i managed to ignore it. I send one message to a girl, got a reply, next thing I see "YOUR ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED TILL THE YEAR 3962"

I don't think I can go until the year 3962 meeting someone so I'll have to go elsewhere.

11/30/12

This is a total money making spam-making website! I was a member of this site years ago and since then have been inundated with offers to rejoin! I have unsubscribed to every spam email they've sent me. But, each time I've unsubscribed I've gotten even more spam!! They cleverly use different names when issuing spam emails, so that if put into an anti-spam folder, they simply use a different name to spam you again! What to do? I don't really want to have to give up my email address. All help appreciated.

11/19/12

Avoid at all costs -- unless you want rid of your cash and need someone to help you burn it. Sneaky and cynical money-making machine in the guise of a dating website. Make sure you email them to cancel AND permanently deactivate your account -- for some reason they make a distinction between cancelling and deactivating. More tricks to keep the money rolling in it seems! Save that email in your sent items folder, then if they still bill you after this request send a copy of the email to your Visa or other credit card provider and they can do a charge-back. Lesson learned, the hard way.

10/9/12

Very bad site, the number of people outside Dublin seems to be very low and on top of that they are very underhanded at getting subscriptions from you, no notification of renewals that are taken automatically. There are way better sites.

4/14/12

I was wondering if I should leave this review, as most of my own impressions and experiences are echoed by others. AF is a finance generation engine and very "Irish" from top to bottom. I gather the bulk of users aspire to be on reality TV shows, or are 40-ish plus, find it difficult to meet decent single folks, and so earnestly give a try. It's at that point you're rapidly guided to parting with cash and the hits just keep on coming after that.

If you write anything remotely articulate, you're branded a pompous twit who is probably English. I'm neither British nor Irish, and honestly had difficulty deciphering all four sentences (on average) of text speech, before meeting for drinks was proposed. Apparently, the promise of alcohol consumption in surroundings so as to give the impression all attendees are in some way intelligent and cultured, obviates the need to actually know anything about the individual sitting across from you. A good photo will probably get you laid … eventually. Just keep offering to meet for drinks, wear main-stream labels, have a decent job [read: any job], pretend to like soccer, and you're probably in.

I'm being severe as there is also a small population of sincere people, though the digital meat-marketeers vastly outnumber them. I was silly enough to sign up for the Premium membership, only to fall foul of its automatic renew "feature". The only way you can unsubscribe from the site's payment plan is to contact customer service directly.

There's a great movie called "Idiocracy", and I can't help but wonder that if services such as AF are how the modern day hipsters establish ideals, meet [for drinks], and invariably procreate, the future may be now. That's both frightening and disturbingly accurate.

2/26/12

This site is a complete joke! Had my account suspended because I wouldn't upgrade! Only been on it for a few weeks,logged on tonight and they let me reply to one or two emails and asked me to upgrade then wouldn't let me read the rest of my emails! My account has been deactivated lol! I won't be going back on it,they're not getting my cash! Plenty of free sites out there to check out!... : )

8/25/11

a scam don't go near it total rip of

7/1/11

If you join make sure to use a new mail address, as you will get tons of spam. This spam will destroy a good e-mail address or work address.
Payments & The Small Print: You will need to e-mail them to be sure that they stop billing you.
If you sign up for 3 months you will be billed again for 3 more months without any e-mail to tell you this. So you deactivate your account but they keep billing. They will not refund you once billed. Lets call it playing with words Deactivation, Cancel.
You will still be charged but for what? is the question.
The FQA section of the site has lots of questions but most with blanks and no answers when you look at the billing section.
Best to avoid the site as they are just out to get every penny they can from you.

6/28/11

Too quick to suspend, the days of paying for sites like this should be over, there are better free options out there

4/15/11

Last week I rejoined anotherfriend.com after receiving an email(one month premium membership for one euro).My credit card was billed for one euro on 6/4/11 and a further 22.90 euro on the same date.I have sent numerous emails to anotherfriend but have received no response!

3/16/11

Appalling. Constantly crashes and errors made to accounts.

8/8/10

I joined this website 2 years ago, my advice to anybody would be don't go there. My experience was absolutely terrible. The bullying that went on there was disgraceful. The Customer Service aspect is useless.

I would not recommend anybody join this site.

7/15/10

This has to be the most appalling website I have had the misfortune to join. As far as I can see it's basically a money scam. You are constantly bullied into signing up for 'premium memberships', if you don't you are blocked from contacting other members you have made friendships with - accounts are suspended without the courtesy of an explanation being given.

Anotherfriend's customer service is absolutely zero. This site is run in an appallingly bullying and hectoring fashion - it is an absolute DISGRACE.

5/26/10

Anotherfriend.com is a scam website. They deactivate your account for no reason just when you start to make a friend. They pressure you into signing up for a premium or higher account. My friend tried registering on this website when she never used it before and it kept on telling her that her account was suspended. Come on she was a brand new person. Then to top it off they tried to charge a membership over seven times to all of my credit cards. They tell you can have a standard membership for free but only for a few days. I have even wrote emails to their site explaining what their website did to me and it's been over a week and still no apology. The website is a fraud and I already turned them into the better business bureau for making my life hell

4/29/10

This is presented as being an Irish website with an Irish audience and after two years of periodic experimentation, I've happily concluded that it does exactly what it says on the tin. It's very Irish and completely beyond my comprehension.

Much of the experience is overtly superficial, with photographs being of prime importance. The women I corresponded with were only too happy to meet up for drinks (*yawn* can the Irish relate to anything else BUT drinking?) with remarkably little discourse - a real bonus for foreign interlopers looking to get an easy leg over, but business as usual for those of the prevailing faith. For those hoping for a meaningful, more cerebral exchange of thoughts and ideas, forget it. This is strictly for the wannabe night club scene who either cannot afford the cover fee or who think themselves too old/unattractive (not necessarily one in the same) for the real thing. And before you blurt it out, yes, I did use the site [off and on] for two years.

There are various "benefits" for the paid-for Premium membership plans, however all amount to hollow refuges for those with too much spare time on their hands or whom are sorely lacking in the social graces. Again, if you're Irish nothing will appear amiss. Much of the discussion and chat room antics assume the same strained, pigeon-English banter that one cringes at every time a foreign national (Australian in my case) walks down this country's streets or through its various public places. Honestly, I had to ask people to decipher much of the crude slang and rephrase it in basic English.

Am I being overly critical? No, I don't believe so. I have no doubt the Irish love this sort of thing and given that there is definitely a predilection to Hibernian vernacular, custom, culture and society, it's sure to be a success amongst the Irish themselves or those with a sympathetic understanding and/or affiliation with this region.

9/13/09

its nice and cool..you can look a friendly

3/8/09

ANOTHER FRIEND OR ANOTHER PSYCHO RACIST WEBSITE - Anotherfriend.com touts itself as Ireland's largest dating website with almost 300000 members. At first it is ok, people are generally judged on looks first and since most of the men don't post theirs, it's a little onesided. Also leads to suspicions that prospective date is married. Anyway, due to my degree in psychology, I identified a member describing himself as alphastar on the member chatsite as a potential abusive, sexist, thug. Sure enough as soon as I challenged him on something he had said as abusive he let hell rain down on me, personally attacking me after going through my profile with a fine toothed comb. I complained to the website administrators especially about his comment that it is an Irish website implying no one but the Irish could join. Administrators did nothing. I deactivated my account and alphastar  still rants on. Anyone considering this website (and women beware)there are alot of psycho enemies not friends on another friend.

The Best Dating Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber