US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

Allivet reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: 1 877 500 9944
FREE shipping on all orders over $49!
Order Online
Review of Allivet

Allivet reviews

85%
480 W 83rd St
Hialeah, FL 33014, US
Tel: 1 877 500 9944
customercare@allivet.com
FREE shipping on all orders over $49!
Order Online

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lisab85

Allivet has the best prices bottom line.They carry everything we need and the customer service is really good. (in 30 reviews)

michaelf104

Always great service, fast shipping and great prices. (in 19 reviews)

joet36

Allivet is a great place to get your pet meds and other products (in 9 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lisaf71
5/3/15

I have 3 dogs on missing link detox and I get the exact product that I used to get from the vet at a fraction of the cost. Thank you Allivet for amazing products and excellent prices.

stephanieb52
5/2/15

/// Technical Security ///
I work in the tech industry and I am familiar with ecommerce best practices. For security reasons, the credit card being entered should be verified against the billing zip code that the customer supplies. If they do not match, something is wrong, and the customer should be notified that this needs to be corrected.

Allivet does not have this verification.

This creates a significant security risk, as anyone who has a valid credit card can bill and ship wherever they please. If I had known that was the case prior to submitting my order, I would have reconsidered supplying my financial details to the website.

Their technical infrastructure is extremely dated, and it would be a concern for anyone who wants to avoid fraud.

/// Customer Service ///
Customer service is severely lacking, with no true consideration of the customer's needs. I would assume this is directly related to the below-average costs of the products they sell. Their customer service strategy is pretty consistent with "stall the customer until they give up."

I contacted customer service on 3 occasions when I was concerned that my package had not been delivered. Warning: CSRs lack individual authority to make decisions, get information, and resolve conflicts.

First time: I explained the situation that I already tracked down my order and it was in the wrong place due to the misplaced number in the zip code. See: no technical checks to verify shipping and billing information.

Customer Service Representative (CSR) then proceeds to "investigate" the situation with the warehouse; ultimately repeating to me what I had just told her. I was on hold throughout this "investigation" as the CSR attempted to communicate with the warehouse. This call lasted >40 minutes as the CSR attempted (and failed) to contact the post office while I was on the line. CSR concedes to the inefficiency and told me I would get a callback. That never happened.

Second time: After one week of no callback, and tracking that my package had been returned to sender in FL, I made another attempt to figure out what was happening with my order (and my money). Repeat performance of "let me check with the warehouse" when the call "drops" and I receive no callback.

Third time: I call back within minutes of the call dropping. The CSR I was speaking to is suddenly preoccupied with another caller, even though she had not resolved my issue.

The new CSR runs through the same routine of "let me check with the warehouse" and ultimately wants me to repurchase the order (and the shipping) without first refunding my original order. In other words, the only resolution they want to entertain is what benefits their questionable business practices.

Fair warning, folks.

miriaml10
4/27/15

Great products & website. Easy to use website especially with reorders. I always receive my order quicker than expected!

rr46
4/25/15

#1 It took 3 nearly weeks to receive my order I spoke to customer service to inform them they sent me the wrong product. they argued for 10 minutes . they finally conceded i was right after i asked them to go to the manufacturer web site. after speaking to a supervisor I was assure that the correct product would be overnighted and arrive the next Monday along with a RMA to return the product. I have received nothing. The worst online experience ever.

laurieh20
4/25/15

fine

lilys22
4/24/15

Allivet saved my turtles life without this medication that they provided my turtle will never survive. Best website ever recommend all people that has pets Thank you

christinet19
4/24/15

Allevet has enhanced their website and product line but their customer service had gone down. I use them for the Comfortis for my 2 14yr old dogs only. Once they pass I won't need Allevet. I have referred many people to this site for the past
6 yrs but this last order was a disaster. Need to organize their order process.

margaritat
4/17/15

I ordered online. They never informed me that the vet had not approved the medicine. When I coordinated the vet with Allivet and the vet faxed back the approval. I called Allivet to confirm they had received it. Allivet said yes and the pharmacist would dispense the medicine as soon as possible. I called back the next day to see if the medicine had been dispensed. They said the vet had not approved it. What? They said the day before they had received the approval. I immediately cancelled my order and will not do business with Allivet again.

Tip for consumers: Dont use this site

philipa12
4/17/15

Substantial savings for same product bought from vet's office

isaj1
4/16/15

I ordered a 12 month supply of 2 medications for my dog. I received only a 6 month supply. When I called Allivet to request 6 more months, I was connected w/CS personnel who cannot seem to understand a simple concept. I paid for 12 months, I received only 6 month supply, Allivet needs to send me another 6 month supply. CS personnel read from a script, never acknowledge the issue and continually say that they will review this issue and have someone get back to me.

Follow-Up/Resolution - Tatiana from Allivet responded very quickly to my post and ensured that my order would be corrected, sent out immediately and promised to send some treats for my dog. She ABSOLUTELY kept her word . Package arrived today, with the missing portion of my requested medications, and treats were included. Thank you. When next I need the medications for my dog, I WILL order from Allivet. They've come through.

Tip for consumers: This will be the last time I use Allivet.

bettys24
4/12/15

I started ordering my dog's prescription from Allivet several years ago because they had the best price on this medication needed for a chronic condition. I'm so pleased with how easy it is to reorder. They save my information and contact my vet if needed. Today I also found out their site worked fine on my cell phone!

kims89
4/9/15

Very much a "breath of fresh air" in online pet products customer service! Well done, as always Allivet!

doreens7
4/3/15

First time user and very happy with ease of site. prices are good and they contact vet for RX. Very pleased with this site.

marshaa
4/2/15

I obtained a new prescription for one of our dogs for pain medication. I mailed it off two weeks ago. I requested that the company either call me or email me for credit card info. After not hearing from them I called customer service last Friday. They were unable to tell me if the new prescription arrived as their company does not enter them into a computer upon receipt. Instead, I was told to call the pharmacist on Mon during regular working hours. The customer service rep told me there was another script on file for same medication only a different one of our dogs. He said he could send that out. I asked him to send it expedited as I heard nothing from the company about the newest script. He told me I would have to pay $13 for that. On Mon I called the pharmacy department and was told that the prescription had arrived and whoever entered it into the pharmacy computer system never called or emailed me so nothing was done with the prescription. She was kind enough to tell me that they will send expedited at their expense. I should mention that the first time I ordered the same medication two years ago for our other dog the very same thing occurred....no one contacted me for credit card info. It appears that no changes have been made in their system to account for when scripts arrive and whether they contact customers for credit card numbers. I emailed the owner of the company to complain and make some suggestions but have not heard from him. I thought I was giving this company a second chance but would never order from them again.

April 14, 2015...received a call from owner of Allivet. He assured me that they recognized the problems I had and had put some changes into place to try and minimize or eliminate the issues I had. He also made some suggestions to me as to how to get scripts filled from our vet without having to submit a paper script on my part. He sounded as though he sincerely wanted to improve the process from the beginning until a prescription gets filled.
He offered assurance that my next experience in filling a prescription will be a positive one.
Marsha A.

melissaw25
4/2/15

The affordable products enticed me to visit the site. The ease of use on the website and the wide range of products is what keeps me coming back.

colleend6
3/27/15

Last year I bought a 20-ct of vaccines from Allivet - once in June, which was my first purchase; and another time in August. There was a problem with the purchase in June - the cold shipping charge for vaccines didn't process, due to software problems. I discussed this with Letitcia on the phone, who said since the charge had already gone through and it wasn't due to my error, they would let it go. I was impressed at that point and so I ordered again in August - the purchase went through smoothly that time, so obviously they'd fixed the software error. I thought that was the end of it; and looked forward to buying the vaccines again from Allivet in 2015, as the price was so good; and the quality just fine; and Allivet was a proven quantity.

Imagine my surprise when, in January of this year, I received a call from Allivet, saying that due to a year-end audit, they'd 'discovered' the problem with the shipping charge and were trying to collect 28.54 additional from me - 7 months later! I exchanged a phone call and several emails over the next two months, where I showed proof of what I had been charged last June via a shipping notice to my email - which didn't include the 28.54; and besides, I thought the issue had already been handled. I got an emailed invoice that had a print date of January 2015; which I hadn't seen before, but it also had a note at the bottom that said someone had called me last June, significant because Monika insisted they hadn't known about the problem until January, this year. Not that their feigned ignorance of that it makes it any more ethical to try to collect money more than six months later or anything. And a trumped-up, made-after-the-fact invoice, either.

Long story short and several emails later, Monika said she'd send me to a collections agency (over 28.54!) and I stated I didn't want to be contacted any further about the issue as I wasn't going to pay them one more dime and had proof to show I didn't owe anything more, besides. She contacted me again, which prompted me to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, and a harassment complaint with my local sheriff's department.

Since then, I got a response from Leticia via the BBB portal, saying they'd decided to take no further action; and offering an apology, which I accepted.. She said my name had been put on a list of folks who they were trying to recover monies from, due to those software errors last June; and that I was one of several. But that doesn't explain why they thought it was ok to do that in the first place! It isn't; and if they expected to keep me as a customer, they should have been willing to just take the (small) hit, as I spent 100.00 each transaction; and would have again, but for this outrage.

Also, my suggestions (to Monika) that they try to recover the lost revenue from either the software developers or just take it as a business loss/expense on their taxes - was ignored. In fact, most of my communications were ignored, until I made a big stink and got Federal/National authorities involved. And most of all, isn't it predatory to try to collect money from customers when it's YOUR software that caused the problem? It's not like I made the software not charge me for shipping or was trying to 'get away' with anything. It's really disingenuous to chase me down after such a long period of time, for a small dollar amount that I didn't owe in the first place (because it was their software problem, not mine); when I was assured the problem had been handled in the first place.

And now that it's all over, I have to wonder at whether it was really worth it to Allivet to do this? Was it really a worthwhile way for me to spend my precious time (when it's at a premium because I'm disabled) to fight them off and get them to leave me alone for good? Was it a good use of local law enforcement, the BBB, or the FTC's time to run this down to completion? I don't think so. And because of all this, I'd say: stay away from Allivet.com. I believe they have a storefront in Florida - maybe they're better in-person than online.

Tip for consumers: P.S. to SiteJabber et. al., this dispute has already been resolved through the Better Business Bureau, so no reply from Allivet is truly needed. Not sure what can be done about bad business ethics anyway - that's a problem internal to the company

kennethh52
3/27/15

We've been Allivet customers for years. They've always had great products and great service and they seem to keep getting better. We've had American $#*!er Spaniels for the last 12 years. The female has had allergies all her life. Allivet to the rescue! Denali takes the generic form of Atopica. Allivet has the best prices, much better than the vet, and with their autoship program they make it easy to order refills right on time.

terrya16
3/23/15

I was looking for a better value with Revolution due to having two Pomeranians that need treatment each month. I looked no further than Allivet due to their discounted price. Once my veterinarian submitted the prescription, I received the medication as described in their shipping info. I saved almost $40 over what I had been paying.
I look forward to ordering on a regular basis.

evac18
3/23/15

Allivet stocks name brand products at the lowest prices! Great customer service and speedy delivery. I highly recommend Allivet!

amyb51
3/19/15

My dog, MoJo has been on anti-inflammatories for 2 years. I have purchased elsewhere and no one provides the customer service, price and ease of ordering that Allivet does. They even contact your vet for the script and you can set up auto-ship so you never run out. So happy I found this site!!

candym3
3/14/15

I was quite impressed with how user friendly the website was and I was able to complete my order within minutes.

julies52
3/7/15

I had an easy and quick refill with Allivet! Thanks so much for your great customer service!

marilynh7
3/6/15

Fast service, good prices.

melvynl4
2/28/15

I buy from Allivet because they have the best prices and best service. My orders are all shipped immediately, and I am happy because I paid the best price for my orders.

michaelf104
2/16/15

Always great service, fast shipping and great prices.
Miss Priss couldn't be in better hands. they keep her healthy and happy.

mikes268
2/6/15

I have been buying my pet meds. from allivet for several years,I have four dogs, allivet is cheaper than any other pet pharmacy,their service is great and staff are very courteous and professional,I highly remmend allivet!!!!!!!!!!

beverlys25
2/3/15

First time user of Allivet....it's the cheapest price I've found for Revolution product. All set up and will be using Allivet in the future since we have 3 chihuahuas and live in S TX where we use heartwork prevention year round.

jilll11
2/1/15

Every order saves me at least 30% off of veterinary prices! Website is easy to use and includes more information (such as side effects and ratings/personal experiences) than I could ever get locally.

susand44
1/26/15

This order went extremely smooth, I placed my order - and it was at my home within just a few days. Each time I return to Allivet it gets easier and easier.

dawni3
1/26/15

Ordering my dog's pain medication is so easy with Allivet. My veterinarian provides the prescription that allows me to order multiple times. I save time, get a quality product, and save money. I highly recommend having your pet prescriptions ordered from Allivet. They make it so easy!

jonathanj21
1/19/15

Good Prices, Easy Checkout experience. First time ordering and will order again!

johnb352
1/17/15

Reorder is quick and convenient, price is good, and the free shipping is a bonus.

deborahh29
1/17/15

Prices are 10% less than the local vets office. Customer service answered quickly and was very helpful. And I can use PayPal as my payment source. They also offer automatic shipments at a 5% discount and additional periodic discounts. I am very satisfied with Allivet as my Pet Rx source.

janew47
1/16/15

Nothing could be easier AND my vet recommended the site and service.

roxannat
1/15/15

Allivet's price on the Equine Joint Supplement I use is a little less expensive than any other vendor I've found.

davidl158
1/14/15

I found this site easy to navigate, and good prices. A little pushy with autoorder.

hollya5
1/12/15

Best price for revolution on the web! Very easy to navigate the ordering process. I will definitely order from them in the future.

pierrep13
1/9/15

Easy to navigate the website and fast service and delivery!!!

cynthiam22
1/7/15

Looking for pet medications online can be difficult and time consuming. Kudos out to Allivet for having the medication in a generic Carprofen for our best friend. Making him feel better is our job and Allivet has helped us do just that, by offering the generic at a reasonable price. Thank you Allivet. You Rock!

kristiw1
1/6/15

After being a loyal Pet Meds customer since 2003, I was told that this year they could no longer honor my fixed reorder price. They would however price match. I gave Pet Meds the lower price Allivet had for Iverhart Max. Pet Meds said they would also have to charge me Allivet's slightly higher shipping price and I couldn't use a Pet Meds coupon for the price match. So what then is the advantage to remaining a Pet Meds loyal customer? Might as well switch to Allivet and avoid having to shop for lower prices and calling back several times!

kimberlyh26
1/6/15

Excellent experience and pricing. Will be using the site in the future

stevenk
12/28/14

When it's time to reorder my pet's medications, I compulsively do an internet search before ordering. The result is that I shouldn't bother because I always end up ordering from Allivet.
Easy to navigate website and checkout, best prices and fast delivery.

lawrencec22
12/25/14

I have been spending about $100 per month or over two years with Allivet, mainly to purchase Vetoryl for my Maltese who suffers from Cushing's disease. The Vetoryl has performed well, and until now, so has Allivet. I recently had a problem with a shipment that was delayed. Allivet had not shipped it out as quickly as normal, and USPS compounded the problem with errors and tracking system failure. The order did finally arrive on the day I used the last of my pet's medication.
In the meantime, I contacted Allivet and at first they blamed USPS (at least partially with good reason), but called me back and informed me that they were in the process of re-shipping the order via FedEx. They called my vet to renew the prescription, which was the final refill in that series, and re-shipped the order as promised. In other words, they provided exemplary customer service.
I would also like to say that others on SiteJabber who have said Allivet ships outdated medications and cheaper brands are wrong. This has never been the case with any of my orders from them in over two years of monthly orders, and I doubt that any of those negative claims are even true.
This experience has left me very much impressed with Allivet's customer service, their willingness to admit there was a problem, and the fact that they took timely action to solve the problem.
As a management professor, I recommend this episode as an excellent case study example of how to provide superior customer service even when things are not going well. I plan to use it in my own classes.
Kudos to Allivet.

brendab23
12/24/14

Great prices and excellent customer service.

williams305
12/20/14

Great way to get mess for our dog

aideas
12/14/14

EXCELLENT customer service and compare their prices with the costs of your VET! They provide free shipping on many orders and fast shipping too! I received top service, they got the prescriptions from my vet via fax and everything for us. My vet was charging me a fortune for some supplements for my dog with cancer, Allivet is saving me a fortune! THANK you so much!!!!

heidim6
12/6/14

Easy. Good prices on Rx meds

tomg64
12/4/14

Allivet has been great. I have been getting my pet medications and supplies here since I found them over two years ago. The prices are consistently low and the customer service is outstanding. I have no problems recommending Allivet to anyone.

darlenea2
12/3/14

Very good price and free shipping for the only product which works with our sheltie. I highly recommend it to all of my grooming customers.

lisac75
12/1/14

Easy to use web site, and I love the prices.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Allivet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: hi, i live in miami and i see allivet is located in hialeah. i was wondering if instead of waiting for a package to be delivered i could come pick it up?
1/3/15
Answer
khaleda4
A: Hello, yes, you can stop by our pharmacy during the hours of 8:30am -6pm to pick up your meds. Please call ahead to make sure its ready for pickup. Thank you for choosing Allivet.com! Have a great day!
1/5/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Allivet staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

11 Photos for Allivet