US Government's NSF

348 Reviews for AdoreMe

▼ Sort by: recent

Sucks

2/21/14

The merchandise quality is good, the delivery was fast, the prices are reasonably, I will shop with them again.

2/21/14

I love what I ordered and got it quickly but I'm not a fan of the monthly showrooms and excessive emails.

2/21/14

Adore me, start charging strat after first purchase and done make that clear then dont allow you to get all your money back.

2/21/14

The customer service was awful, one of the worst experiences I have ever dealt with.

2/21/14

There is no way to cancel ones account without calling customer service... which makes no sense to me that they can't cancel it through a chat representative or put a cancel account button under your account button. I should not have to call someone to cancel an account for a freaking lingerie site!

2/20/14

I'm extremely disappointed in the customer service I received with this company, which is such a shame, as I think their collection is beautiful. The issue I had is that I placed a $50 order (which would have only been $25, except their "VIP" promotion and first time buyer promotion was flagged by ALL three of my card companies) during a sales promotion that promised shipping by Valentine's day. Considering I CALLED the company to be 100% certain that the package would arrive on time, I went ahead and ordered anyway, as the extra $25 seemed worth it. WRONG! I was shocked to not receive my package until three days after the promised delivery date. Upon calling to inquire and get my purchase either discounted or refunded, the company could only offer me a $5 store credit.

Needless to say I will NOT be making any more purchases from this site, and would advise others to do the same. I'd rather spend my money at a place who values their guarantees.

2/20/14

The website is not clear when they upcharge you or set you up with the VIP membership without you knowing. I will not be using this site ever again.

2/20/14

The product fit great and came in very fast in the mail. It was wrapped in a cute box. Overall a good experience.

2/20/14

The deal for my first purchase was exceptional, and the shipment was timely. The package was beat up, but it looks like the company took every precaution to protect the merchandise, and was successful. The garment looks the way it was advertised.

2/20/14

The purchase went smoothly, I love the lingerie, the packaging was beautiful, and the shipping was fast.

More recently, I had to make a customer service call. Customer service was excellent, very helpful, and the problem was resolved within 12 hours. Only complaint is that I was on hold for a really long time, and the hold music is atrocious. Same hideous pop song over and over.

2/20/14

total SCAM! once enrolled in their "VIP" club without any warning you can't cancel! and they rarely answer the phone, if you do get through they hang up on you...

2/19/14

I asked them to refund my monthly charge since I pushed it at the beginning of the month and they told me I had to call. With my busy schedule I have no time to call.

2/19/14

Basically bought a lovely outfit, well made, for the sale price of 20.00 USD on sale. When I checked my bank account, they charged me 39.95! Outrageous. Sent them an email and they did nothing. Went to my bank and argued the charge, and only then did my bank pay me back and dispute it with them. Great clothing bad billing! Never again!

2/19/14

Can I put a negative because 1 star is too generous! Returned an item for exchange and they are now telling me I wore it, whic is a LIE!! I had to call las week about getting a refund for their automatic $39.95 monthly charge and suddenly they don't want to do the exchange. DO NOT do business with them.

2/19/14

The lingerie was sexy and I received it quickly.

2/19/14

Product was very inexpensive, but material isn't especially good quality. Also sizing was slightly off. Would have ordered larger cup size. Only problem is that now I am receiving emails from them constantly and I am afraid to unsuscribe because I don't understand how their site works, and I am afraid of them charging me monthly for items I don't plan on buying.

2/19/14

Such a scam. Only ordered something because it was $29.95 for the first purchase. It wasn't even remotely clear when I was filling out my information that I was being signed-up for a monthly subscription. Got the item and it was cheaply made and tacky looking. Tried to return it but was told I wouldn't be refunded because I got it at the discounted price and I was trying to cancel my "membership" too early. Long story short, this company is so sketchy and just wants to suck as much money out of you as they can, not to mention they have HORRIBLE customer service.

2/19/14

The items I ordered did not fit well and when I tried to call to return/exchange them, I could never actually get to talk to a person. When I finally did get through and asked to cancel my account, I was told it was cancelled, but then was billed again the next month anyway. It took two more calls to ask to be removed from the site before I actually was and I never received a refund. Horrible experience and I would never recommend AdoreMe to anyone.

2/18/14

fast shipment, great products with fair prices

Product exactly how described... Perfect fit & very quick shipment to Hawaii

2/18/14

Great help with returns when the size was incorrect.

2/18/14

The product I bought was decent quality. However, once I bought this product, I was signed up for a "VIP" program without my consent. Because I did not know I was in this program, I could not cancel my subscription, and was charged a $39.95 membership fee.

2/18/14

I loved the bra I ordered!!! OMG sooo cute!!!
My husband loved it!!
Quality is awesome, delivery was fast... Go Adore Me, Go!!!

2/18/14

I did not realize I was signing up for a monthly purchase. My purchase was not received in time for Valentine's day as advertised. When it finally did arrive the bottom's were the wrong size. I received a medium by mistake, but the medium looked a lot smaller than it should be. I am returning the purchase, and though the website clearly states free returns they are charging me $5.95 for the return. Not Impressed!!

2/18/14

Terrible experience. Such a scam. Cheap product. Do not buy anything from here!

2/18/14

I am being charged for something I didn't buy.

2/18/14

I ordered one item, it came in completely the wrong size and to return it would cost more than I paid for it. Now I'm signed up for the membership which means I have to go on the site every month and say I don't want to buy anything or be charged $40 a month. And getting out of the membership is not simple.

2/17/14

Worst customer service. They guaranteed me Valentine's Day shipping, but I didn't receive the item in time. I only ordered it because I thought it was GUARANTEED to arrive. I requested a refund, but they wouldn't give me one. Now, I can't cancel my VIP subscription either or else I'll get charged the full price.

This is a SCAM.

2/17/14

I do not like being changed every month, and only being able to cancel the service via phone. Change it to being able to start/stop via web, and I will enjoy your service. Good quality product.

2/17/14

Summary:
Adore Me takes advantage of customers not noticing their pre-selected VIP membership, then makes it extremely difficult for them to unsubscribe without paying. They lie to their customers, hide pertinent details in the fine print, and design their website with the goal of getting people to sign up for a monthly subscription without realizing it.

Purchase:
After hearing a recommendation from a friend, I went to the Adore Me website and took advantage of a deal they were offering at the time ($24.95 for your first item). When it came to the checkout, I went through the familiar process entering in my information and I unknowingly signed up for their VIP program when making my purchase.

VIP Program:
I received two emails following my purchase. One email stated that I made a purchase and then a second email (with the same subject as the first – probably designed to look like a duplicate email) said I had joined their VIP program. Needless to say, I was startled that I had somehow been enrolled in this VIP program and I immediately began looking into what it entailed. The Adore Me website revealed that it was a program which took out a $39.95 payment from my credit card every month to be used as a credit for one of their lingerie items. In order not to be charged, you have to log onto the website and select “Skip the Month” before the 5th of each month.

Attempts to Unsubscribe:
1. I called within 48 hours of my purchase, and I was told by Rachelle that I couldn’t unsubscribe from their VIP program for 10 days. And that when I unsubscribe I will be charged an additional $35 for the non-promotional cost of the item. I asked to cancel the order, I was told it was too late to cancel the order and that I would be charged $5.95 to restock it when I returned the item.
2. I called again 10 days later as instructed (prior to the call I had skipped the month within the time frame given, and returned my item using their RMA), and I was told by Rachelle that I still could not unsubscribe without being charged the $35 – despite the fact that I had nothing, the product had been returned to them unopened. I was told I would have to wait until 45 days after my purchase to cancel.
3. I called on the 45th day after my purchase and was told I couldn’t unsubscribe without being charged $35 until the 45th business day.
4. After checking my calendar I realized that Rachelle told me 45th business day would be early the next month, which wasn’t true. I suspected she gave me a false date in order for me to miss the next “Skip the Month” and get charged. I called back and was given another date to cancel.
5. I then read through their terms and conditions again, and realized that nowhere does it say “45 business days” so I called back, spoke to Dan and was told yet another date.
6. I called back on the date given by Dan and was finally unsubscribed by Rachelle. There was a lot of “bait-and-switch” going on throughout this entire process, with both customer service people that I spoke to telling me information that would only be refuted in my next call. I suspect this tactic is used often by the company to make it so the customer forgets to call or skip the month so that they get charged under the VIP program.

What’s deceiving about Adore Me:
1. The Adore Me homepage doesn’t actually say anything about its monthly membership. You can click on the “How it Works” page to find out about the VIP program, but despite it’s selling point being that it offers monthly lingerie, it’s not even mentioned on their main page. The home page resembles a regular, non-subscription based “store-front” in order to lead unknowing customers to think that the purchase process is the same as any other online store.
2. When you go to purchase your item, the VIP membership is already selected on the side of the screen. The selection button next to the VIP membership looks like a bullet point rather than a selection (circular, same color as the text box it’s in), and the Pay-As-You-Go option is a white, fairly transparent button that isn’t all that visible.
3. When you scroll down the purchase page, the Pay-As-You-Go option is partially covered by the “Adore Me Stylist” chat box, which also extended upward during the purchasing process, obscuring the Pay-As-You-Go option from sight.
4. Typically when signing up for something extra (as I have signed up for yearly memberships on other websites) there is something in the checkout that says something to the likes of “Membership - $0.00” in the invoice. Adore Me has no such text, as to limit their customer’s awareness that they are signing up for the VIP membership.
5. All over the Adore Me website it has text that seems to indicate that Adore Me offers free returns. Here are the exact quotes “Free Shipping – both ways”, “Free shipping, free exchanges & easy returns”, which try to get the customer to think that they can return items free-of-charge, but if you read their fine print it’s actually a $5.95 restocking fee for any return (not including exchanges). You can call the return “free” apparently if the cost doesn’t occur until the item gets back to the warehouse.
6. Under Adore Me’s FAQ page, it says “Can I cancel my membership? Easy & FREE! You may cancel your Adore Me Membership at any time without consequence. If you would like to cancel, call Member Services at 1.800.433.2367 Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm (EST). There is no cancellation fee.” This suggests that you can cancel the VIP membership whenever you want, without consequence, but as shown through my experience – this is a complete lie. I was unable to cancel without being charged for 45 days after my purchase. You can ONLY cancel by phone and they are ONLY available from 9am to 6pm EST. Fortunately this limitation on time wasn’t an issue for me, but for other people in different time zones and busier schedules, this can be near impossible. I don’t understand why a strictly online store cannot have any type of electronic unsubscription service (unless of course, they use this as a way to make the unsubscription process more difficult for their customers).
7. As I stated previously, the VIP notification email is made to look like a duplicate email of the confirmation of purchase. I believe this is a way to prevent customers from reading through the VIP notification email. In addition, there have been several complaints of the VIP notification email going into customers spam folders and these customers have no idea they are signed up until they notice the recurring charges on their billing statements. According to review sties, many customers will not even be refunded this money once they explain that they mistakenly or unknowingly signed up for the VIP program.
8. Adore Me advertises its designers (see their “About Me” page) and talks about “creating fashionable, high quality, perfectly fitting intimates”, and how they “design our own intimates” making the customer believe that the intimates they are purchasing are exclusive to Adore Me. This is not the case as shown by this blogger: http://www.thelingerieaddict.com/2013/06/adore-me-lingerie-review.html
9. Adore Me uses bait-and-switch tactics to make it so their customers have a difficult time unsubscribing from their VIP program.

If there are any doubts about my claims, I have screen captures of all quotes included in this review. I have all emails I received from Adore Me, as well as the dates, times, details, and names from every time I communicated with Adore Me as well.

2/17/14

Love this site, just wish they had a few more options

2/17/14

I had a few issues with placing my order but other then that no problems.

2/17/14

Attempted to place order with BOGO deal, would not work.

2/17/14

I dislike how I was charged for a month just because I purchased one item of the website.

2/17/14

I recently ordered a bra and panty set for a particular occasion. When I received the item, the bra was fine, however the panty was a different style than ordered (it was a set that had two options, they sent me the wrong one). I called to do an exchange, asking for expedited shipping on the new item since it was THEIR fault and I had ordered well within my time frame. The woman got very upset and hung up on me at this request. HUNG UP, because I simply asked they expedite the shipping over their mistake. Okay, you don't do that, no reason to make me have to call back, a simple "no" would have sufficed. This wasn't the end of the headache with this company. I exchanged the items, and when I received them the second time they were still incorrect, and this time the materials were of inferior quality than the set previously received (maybe that is why you need to return BOTH pieces?). I called to have a return processed, the "restocking" fee waived (after all this was their fault twice now) and to cancel my membership. Again I was hung up on. I called back, the woman I spoke with the second time this time assured me they were having weather difficulties--I'm sorry I have a VERY hard time believing that after I stated I wished to process a return and cancel my account that THAT was the moment the phone happened to cut out. This woman was happy to cancel my account, however stated that when I returned this item that I would receive store credit, and I would then have to call back to receive ACTUAL money returned to my card. I did some searching after all these stressful conversations and it appears many people have had quite a headache with this company and processing returns, including filing complaints with their bank and putting their accounts on hold. Never do business with this company. EVER.

2/17/14

I love the merchandise, but it is a little out of my price range so I only buy on big sales

2/17/14

I don't like being forced into this membership by making one purchase.

2/16/14

You just cut the tags off and rebranded.... Nice try

2/16/14

I did not want to become a monthly member. Every time I call the number to cancel it is either busy or says the system is down. Very shady establishment.

2/16/14

I entered the wrong address for shipping, and customet service promptly got back to me and corrected the issue

2/15/14

The sizing was not accurate and I ended up being charged hidden fees for something I did not choose to sign up for. I will be canceling my account with Adore Me and not buying any of their products again.

2/15/14

I was pleased with the overall speed of the service and ease of ordering, but I was given the wrong size.

Easy, convenient, fast!

2/15/14

After over a month, I still have not received my order, and was finally contacted about it for the first time yesterday. Every time I have talked to anyone from their customer service, they've all been very short with me and unhelpful! I will definitely not be ordering from them again.

2/15/14

More plus size options, please. I'm sick of having to skip every month until the plus size dept is updated :(

2/15/14

Ordered 2 times, never received order and having issues getting credit to my credit card.

The shipping was speedy

2/14/14

I was pleased with the website's variety, price, layout, etc. I'm just not sure how I feel about the VIP program yet & some of the items have limited sizing that doesn't quite fit top & bottom.

2/14/14

It was delivered quickly with very cute packaging! And I loved the item!

About AdoreMe
Specialties & Business Description
Adore Me is an online subscription-based lingerie boutique, selling high quality designs for a fraction of the price. Dedicated to flattering looks with the perfect fit, Adore Me carries a wide range of styles to suit every woman. With bras in sizes 30A-42I and negligee from XS-6XL, these gorgeous styles are rocking the intimates industry.

Our Story: http://www.adoreme.com/our_story.html

How The Membership Works: http://www.adoreme.com/how_it_works

Questions, comments? We want to hear from you!
Live chat on site
1-800-433-2367 (8:30-8:30 M-F EST)
help@adoreme.com