US Government's NSF

▼ Sort by: recent

wadet
New Reviewer
1/6/11

I can't believe 1shoppingcart.com being down like they have this past year.

1shoppingcart.com service has gotten so bad, and their customer service really doesn't care. Every upgrade has been making more headaches, that it's really not worth using them.

WARNING: If you ever want to cancel your service with them, they "require" 7 days advanced notice. I cancelled one of my two accounts with them, and they had just charged me $99 two days earlier, because "they bill every 30 days, not monthly". The 3 previous months I was billed on the 5th of the month. So I asked for a refund or to keep my account open, the answer was "NO" from Ashley Van Schoonhoven – Client Services Billing Representative. She was very rude about it and said these are our terms. She really didn't care. Does it surprise me though ? I actually thought that they wouldn't.

I had tried closing it by email exactly 7 days earlier, but they won't let you cancel by email nor by logging into your account. If they were like other companies, you would be able to log into your account and cancel, but NOPE!!

Come on guys, do you really need 7 days notice ??? NOPE!! Technology companies should be able to do it instantly. But companies that just want your money, make you jump through the hoops like they do!!!!

And BEWARE of people doing reviews for 1shoppingcart.com - if there is a link on their page with an affiliate code, remember, they are getting paid for creating that page!! A lot of the name brand internet marketing gurus promote this company for that monthly commission check!!!!

Oh well, my suggestion is use http://www.aweber.com for autoresponders, because we've seen better delivery open rates with using them. As for shopping carts, Infusion has been pretty good, but usually out of the price range of a lot of people.

Good Luck!!!

The above has been my opinion and experience in dealing with this company. I would look for other companies that have a better reputation.

nicolej
Apprentice Reviewer
7/11/08

easy set up but not great merchant fees on 1shoppingcart - I transferred one of my clients off of 1shoppingcart and he is making more money now because he has lower merchant fees. The shopping cart is very cheap $99, and it is subsidized by the higher merchant fees. 2.2% is NOT low...you can definitely find a lower merchant fee.