US Government's NSF

tvduck reviews

3 Reviews for tvduck

▼ Sort by: recent

7/9/13

This website is a joke. Their links never worked so after a few days, I emailed the "webmaster" that I wanted to cancel my subscription. They never responded and kept charging me for a full year. They could have easily told me that I had to cancel through PayPal, but instead kept quite so they could steal my money. I just contacted the "seller" through PayPal and this guy tried to tell me the site had been sold and he couldn't do anything about it. Problem with that, it says on my PayPal invoice that the payments are going to him. They've stopped responding yet again.

8/7/11

Tvduck is basically a website that posts links to streaming episodes of almost any and every TV show you could want to watch. The links then take you to another website where someone has uploaded the video file. I use this website all the time for shows that are not posted immediately to Hulu or their network sites.

Of course there are some annoyances that come along with watching shows through TVduck. First, the chances of getting a link to a good quality, fast streaming video are higher if the show was aired recently. The longer past airdate the episode has been, the more likely the video file was taken down due to copyright issues. Second, there are A LOT of pop up ads! Some are obvious and you can easily close those windows. Sometimes the ads are on the same page as your streaming show, and you have to search for where the audio is coming from to mute it or stop it. The last thing - which is probably why the previous reviewer was turned off from TVduck - is you have to know which "play" or "download" button to click to get to your video. Because there are usually a few misleading "play" or "download" links that really just take you to another ad or ask you to sign up for a free trial, etc. Once you figure out which one is the "real" one - you're pretty much golden.

Despite the annoyances of TVduck, I love this website because it links me to FREE, streaming episodes of shows I love. No need to download sketchy files or wait another week for the network websites to update their streaming episodes.

3/17/11

This website says that they have free tv online. What they really do is connect you to a bunch of scam websites that ask for your personal info and credit card number for a free trial. Some of these shows actually are available for free online, and they don't even connect you to the real thing. You are better off using the network webpages of the shows you like or paying for a well regarded tv service. If you are searching for free tv online then tv duck probably is not the best place to go. Check bittorrent instead.

The Best Movie Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber