US Government's NSF

charliec1

39 Reviews for Television Fanatic

▼ Sort by: recent

4/15/14

How to remove the Linkey virus (Removal Guide) | Malware ...

botcrawl.com/remove-linkey-virus/‎
by Sean Doyle - in 2,437 Google+ circles
Dec 22, 2013 - Instructions to remove the Linkey virus and stop redirecting to www.linkeyproject.com. Linkey malware by Aztec Media Inc. is a browser hijacker ...
Remove "Settings Manager" by Aztec Media Inc pop-up virus

malwaretips.com/blogs/settings-manager-popup-virus/‎
by Stelian Pilici - in 2,471 Google+ circles
Mar 19, 2014 - Settings Manager by Aztec Media Inc is a potentially unwanted program that is designed to protect its own search engine (default-search.net) ...

I found that...it may help some of you get that awful virus off your pcs without having to pay for it

4/7/14

Thanks to all who warned against downloading this. I thought it was legit because it displays the CBS logo. I decided to google it before downloading, and came across these reviews. Thank you all so much for being honest and not jumping on the "make a buck" bandwagon.

1/25/14

For those of you wondering why there are positive reviews and what is to gain, it's very simple, they are paying people through crowdsourcing sites to write positive reviews. I ran across it on the Microworkers site. I figured it was better to warn people about it than gain a whopping 20 cents and possibly convince people to infect their computer with viruses and malware.

10/25/13

You get good review and bad. gotta ask yourself.. what is to gain by people posting negative review NONE.. now the positive review.. either they received virus and want you to do the same or they are just too embarrassed to admit and you know what they say... misery loves company... BEWARE!!!

9/18/13

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE, IT TOOK OVER MY COMPUTER WAS SOOO HARD TO GET RID OF, SCARY HAS A VIRUS STAY AWAY!!!!!

9/10/13

Agreed: the amounted of malware makes televisionfanatic basically unusable. Use extreme caution.

8/12/13

I need to join the others who say that they were warned away from this site by malware watchers. Mozilla Firefox prevented me from installing it.

7/24/13

Cannot rate it, was warned away by Malwarebytes. Trying to get some info on it and wound up here. Looked like a worthy place so I joined. If anyone wonders why I hate hijackers so much, I have been invaded by about:blank and cannot get rid of the damn thing.

7/23/13

BEWARE!!!!

10. Disclaimer of Warranty
YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE TOOLBAR, WEBSITE AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE PROVIDE THE WEBSITE, TOOLBAR AND SERVICES ON AN "AS IS," AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE TOOLBAR, WEBSITE OR SERVICES AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF THE TOOLBAR OR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES.
WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY: (A) AS TO THE TIMELINESS, SEQUENCE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR RELIABILITY OF THE TOOLBAR, WEBSITE OR SERVICES (B) THAT THE TOOLBAR, WEBSITE OR SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE OR WILL OPERATE IN AN UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE MANNER, OR (C) THAT ERRORS OR DEFECTS RELATED TO THE TOOLBAR, WEBSITE OR SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. WE ALSO DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE TOOLBAR, WEBSITE OR SERVICES, OR THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THEREFROM, IS APPROPRIATE, ACCURATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN ANY PARTICULAR JURISDICTION.
MINDSPARK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATING TO PRODUCTS, FEATURES AND/OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU INSOFAR AS THEY RELATE TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT.

If you have read that disclaim, including all of the obvious insinuations it makes towards the programs being explicitly harmful for your computer, and still download the program.... please do us all a favor and return to high school!

6/17/13

Wish I had come here first. It is pure malware and installs stuff in all sorts of places and can not be removed easily. Had to have it done at a shop for $40. Do not download.

5/20/13

So glad I came here first. Don't know where else to get tv shows....tryin to get off Direct Tv and their outrageous prices.

4/30/13

I'm hearing all of the negative reviews about this televisionfanatic.com and just wanted to ask, Has anyone considered using PlayOn from PlayOn.tv? I've been using it since 2009. Nearly 4 years this summer and have not had a single problem with it and I can watch just about any movie or tv show dating back to the 1930's via scripts by 3rd party developers that the makers of PlayOn endorse. And I watch the regular channels provided by PlayOn in addition to scripts by 3rd party developers. It may seem pricey for a one time payment for a lifetime license but with all the things you can do with PlayOn I got a full return on my money in about 3 months because I've been using everyday since 2009. Give it a try! There is a money back guarantee or you can pay for the yearly subscription fee.

4/17/13

I haven't used Television Fanatic a lot yet, but the download and installation was pretty easy.

4/17/13

I’m so happy my friend introduced me to Television Fanatic. No more freaking out when I forget to record my favorite show.

4/2/13

It works, and no virus reported by Symantec/McAfee

3/20/13

Worked for me, with updates for new shows.

3/18/13

I actually was able to watch all the shows I wanted and was told when new episodes appeared

2/23/13

WARNING!!!

First, I typed in any site that I could watch t.v. on for free and found televisionfanatic.com. Then, just to make sure it was safe, I checked the reviews and found that it had a virus. DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/21/13

My dad must have gotten this virus since he can barely send e-mail. Took about two hours to remove. Had to search through registry and C drive and use at least 3 different virus scanners to make sure it was gone. We should start a lynch mob to go get these guys. Scammers and hackers should die.

10/14/12

Do not download. Adware hell. Impossible to get rid of because it installs all over the place under different names.

10/5/12

Slt

9/27/12

This site is the worst possible you open it in Chrome and then it tells you over and over you must download Chrome make no sense at all

9/9/12

These days I ALWAYS check reviews before downloading anything, and once again I'm so glad I did. Thanks all for your warnings!
Btw, regarding Norton, I'd never had problems on previous computers, but on my new laptop Norton 360 became increasingly unstable within the first few months. It seemed to involve a negative reaction between it's program & Internet Explorer which was simultaneously becoming more & more unstable, resulting in frequent freeze-up of both programs. After many attempts to 'fix' it and much research I found many others had similar problems and >>there was NO effective solution available!!<<
SO of course, I finally dumped N 360. I replaced it (again, based on much research & advice) with Symantic Internet Security. I know, I know, SAME company! But MUCH better product. I also added System Mechanic.
My computer is now much MUCH faster and more stable than it has ever been. It wasn't even this good right out of the box!

9/3/12

this is not real even though norton says it is safe, go to norton and read reviews. its a mistake. also i downloaded televisionfanatic.exe and i got the google redirect virus i had to spend 30$ to get removed using malwarebytes and a rootkit removal.do not download this!!!

6/29/12

Great site if you don't mind it stealing all personal information while you watch an movie. Small price of giving your address book and email password in exchange for a decent show.

6/22/12

recommend, no virus at all

6/20/12

Thanks to everyone for their reviews! For once, it's nice to learn from other people's mistakes instead of my own.

6/8/12

i saw the best movie ever i am glad i have this toolbar

4/8/12

I'm confused here. It appears that some of these reviews may be for Televisionfanatic and others TVfanatic and some may be mixed up. The same goes with thepiratebay. Look at their address differences. TVfanatic and Televisionfanatic are seemingly different altogether but I don't want to find out the hard way so am avoiding both. I've heard good things about Thepiratebay but can't seem to find the correct one (one is '.com' and the other '.org' or something. I tried it and apparently got the wrong one and ended up with a mess. For now I'll stick to Crackle although their selection is limited. At least it didn't take over my 'puter!

1/14/12

before I was asked if I wanted it the retarded useless toolbar was downloaded on my laptop and went past all security to do it. now I can't find the software anywhere on my computer to get rid of it because it downloaded under a different random name they don't tell you and uninstall programs doesn't have it in there! DON"T even click the link for this website! I am complaining to the BBB about this hack they did.

12/31/11

Plain and Simply a Scam something I would never use.

Why download and not know what you are getting when you can get it for Free at other sites that don't require downloading anything.

12/21/11

as others have said.boy am i glaD i read before downloading!! also i want to tank reviewer who included instructions for uninstall/system restore. for years i have used system restore to help me get rid of unwanted programs/problems, it is nice to have 'my' method confirmed by others...my motto--'system restore is your friend' thx again

11/23/11

RED FLAG!

When I first found televisionfanatic.com, I was suspicious simply because it directed me to download the application to access the site features. RED FLAG! Ironically, I was linked to this site from Discovery Channel's website. I'm always suspicious of sites that want me to download anything. Glad I read the reviews here first.

11/14/11

I am so glad I read the reviews first before I down loaded this site

8/28/11

Boy am I glad I read reviews before clicking on that all-powerful mouse. And Mickey thought he was big !!!

8/4/11

Do Not Download. Took me hours to get rid of it.

7/12/11

Had all sorts of problems and I didn't realize I even had this, Says I got it from Facebook. Now trying to get rid of it!!!

6/16/11

Stay away from this site. My Malwarebytes Pro caught adware from this website, and my Superantispyware identified televisionfanatic.exe as a trojan.and got rid of it. Would someone please explain to me how in the world Norton would give this site a clean bill of health??? (safeweb.norton.com/report/​show?url=www.TelevisionFanatic.com) Norton virus scan provided by Yahoo does not catch malware coming into my email either!! What's up with that? What's wrong with Norton?

3/17/11

It scares me downloading unknown software onto my computer. Tv is already available online without downloading anything. I don't understand how people get suckered into these things. On this site it says that it connects you to stuff from hulu and youtube. So why not just go to hulu and youtube? Why download something that might not be safe onto your computer?

This site LOOKS like tvfanatic.com but it is NOT that same site. tvfanatic is a good site

About Television Fanatic